Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: newbies  (Read 3276 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
newbies
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:17:01 PM »

We have been having a lot of spammers on this board recently and to be honest it's getting really annoying so I just wanted to warn you, if you sign up without posting anything on the board and your email address is sketchy to me, I am going to be automatically deleting your account. So just take a second and post something in the newbie section if you are for real so this way I know not to do that.

Thanks a lot!  ;)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: newbies
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »

I was pretty much getting rid of any email address that looked sketchy, with sketchy looking names, etc... Hopefully it was nobody who just had a really weird name, and a really weird ISP but I'm banking on the fact that it wasn't :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »

I have been deleting everyone especially the ones that end in RU. It's really annoying lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »

I have been deleting everyone especially the ones that end in RU. It's really annoying lol

Yeah, those too. And 90% of the time the spammers "name" is all one word. That's my first indicator. I just got rid of a whole bunch who were listed as having never even logged on.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »

I did that too the other day lol it's been really bad here lately. I would say whenever I come online i end up deleting about ten people a day and then banning a few who make it online and spam us.