Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Featured story thread  (Read 14451 times)

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
Re: The Featured story thread
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »

It's a new forum? The forum has been active since 2006.

For me, its new.
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »

Hmm, I didn't know asking you to clarify what you meant was such an annoyance. I was genuinely confused on how they were chosen. Next time, I won't ask anymore questions just because I was confused. That was bad. :(

LOL what? Mariah take a deep breath and listen to what i'm telling you...

I don't mind answering your questions, but you keep asking the same ones over and over. When that happens, I start to wonder if you are reading what i'm saying or are seriously confused by what i'm saying. That's why I asked if i'm making sense. I sometimes don't make sense, believe it or not. LOL

I just want to make sure you get what i'm trying to say.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »

And one thing I do want to point out for anyone who is interested in being a featured story, even if a thousand people recommend your stuff, if I go check the story and find a ton of grammatical errors and hardly any editing I will not feature it. I always check before picking. Otherwise, everything is up for grabs. That does include all fandoms too, but just BSB.  :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »

The thread is actually called suggestions for future featured stories. I keep calling it the rec thread, but that's the one I mean. lol

Mariah

• Major Disruption
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »

LOL what? Mariah take a deep breath and listen to what i'm telling you...

I don't mind answering your questions, but you keep asking the same ones over and over. When that happens, I start to wonder if you are reading what i'm saying or are seriously confused by what i'm saying. That's why I asked if i'm making sense. I sometimes don't make sense, believe it or not. LOL

I just want to make sure you get what i'm trying to say.

Ha, could have done maybe w/out the first line? I am calm. Just had some questions on the subject. I'm going to go back and reread what I wrote. I know exactly what I asked you.
My Stories
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »

Ha, could have done maybe w/out the first line?
Hmm, I didn't know asking you to clarify what you meant was such an annoyance.

Same here.

Your post seemed like you were flustered just as you read mine as annoyed. It's hard to read someone's thoughts online so I apologize if you weren't flustered. Even though that makes it sound like I wanted you to be flustered or something. lol

Anyway, this thread shouldn't really be so drama filled. You asked questions they were answered. If you have anymore, please feel free to post. Same with anyone who has questions about how this whole thing works.

If you read the entire thread, I think I pretty much cover all the basics but I might have left some stuff out that I haven't thought of. Otherwise go suggest away! :)

Mariah

• Major Disruption
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »

Same here.

Your post seemed like you were flustered just as you read mine as annoyed. It's hard to read someone's thoughts online so I apologize if you weren't flustered. Even though that makes it sound like I wanted you to be flustered or something. lol

Anyway, this thread shouldn't really be so drama filled. You asked questions they were answered. If you have anymore, please feel free to post. Same with anyone who has questions about how this whole thing works.

If you read the entire thread, I think I pretty much cover all the basics but I might have left some stuff out that I haven't thought of. Otherwise go suggest away! :)

Mare, to be honest, I have read the thread. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked what I asked. I'm sorry if you feel I was being repetitive but I really wasn't. I really didn't understand what you meant even though you did explain it. I'm kind of a curious party, I'm just like that. I like to know stuff. I'm curious to how things came to be. I still consider myself new and am behind on how things are run here. That's why I'm so inquisitive.

I thought you were annoyed because, since I can't hear you, you were laughing and even YOU were repeating yourself saying you didn't know how clear you were supposed to be in one of your responses. Maybe go back reread what I asked since I looked over what you responded. Otherwise a back and forth just won't work.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:28:20 AM by Mariah »
My Stories

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 05:30:02 AM »

Mariah, does it really matter? Your questions have been answered by both Mare and myself (I gave you a step by step breakdown of the process on the last page) so unless you have any more it's time to move on. Considering what a small issue this is it's so not worth the arguing over how everything was interpreted.

Do you have the answer to your question? Yes or No?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Mariah

• Major Disruption
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

It doesn't really and yes it was answered.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:53:50 PM by Mariah »
My Stories

KrazyKelsey87

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

I'm new but I'm gonna throw out Sapphire. I really enjoy her stuff.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »

It's time to recommend more people for featured author. Again, look at the list at the top and if you see someone who you think should be up there but isn't, post them here so I know. You can also mention someone who had a turn a while back and has a few stories you'd like to see featured again.

Just remember they really should post on this forum to actively participate in their thread.

Thanks and recommend away!

:)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »

I would love for Steph (Carter-Orange) to have a month so we could discuss Save a Prayer or Rewind.  She last had a turn in November 2009, so it's been a couple years.

Also Rose for Remember Me This Way.  Rose hasn't been featured on her own since January 2008, though she and I were featured together for Undead in October 2010.

Mare, you also haven't been featured since 2008.  I'd love to discuss Lurks!  Or any of your other fantastic stories.

How about Ritz, for The Other Side of Nick Carter?  I know it's not finished yet, so maybe later in the year when it's further along?

Everyone else that comes to mind has been featured in the last year or so, so that's all I've got for now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

Steph is next month lol

:)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:57:42 AM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Oh, perfect!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »

Awww thanks ZDR :).

I think Mare deserves another month. It's been forever and you're a regular author here too. The only problem is...which story to choose? lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4