Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Welcome to the Felix Awards!  (Read 11102 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Welcome to the Felix Awards!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »

I'm bugging everyone again! Since I am not only the queen of fanfiction but also the queen of deadline giving, I am reminding you that the deadline is coming up for sending in your nominations. We are really lacking in the noms guys.

You all said you wanted awards now it's time for you to take action!!

If you've already sent in nominations and think of more for the same category you have already nominated, just send in another form. Everyone else, all of you who do nothing but talk about how great your favorite authors are, show them the love by nominating them!!

lol Don't make me come over there people! Too much planning has gone into these awards to have them just die on us!! And you all made the mistake of having me involved so get moving!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 06:40:59 PM »

Don't make her bring in the muscle *cracks knuckles*
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 10:18:51 PM »

My problem is that there's a lot of unfinished stories I would nominate.....

And you said they had to be complete.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »

My problem is that there's a lot of unfinished stories I would nominate.....

And you said they had to be complete.

Well we'd prefer for them to have enough to make a fair judgement off of. So if they're relatively close to being finished I imagine we could make the exception
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »

Well, I can only nominate for the voted awards anyway. :D

I'm sure the readers don't care if they're finished or not.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »

Well, I can only nominate for the voted awards anyway. :D

I'm sure the readers don't care if they're finished or not.

thar ye go lassy, send 'em in!
~Maple Jellybean~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »

thar ye go lassy, send 'em in!

After my exam tomorrow. :)
~*Dee*~

LokiNickFan8467

• Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »

great just great i cant remember if i followed all of the rules now *hand on chin* well just do the best you can with what i sent then i hope i didnt nominate too much for mare and i didnt see the best author category guess i missed in the copy and paste.... hope some of my stuff counts and sorry i should have read this earlier

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »

great just great i cant remember if i followed all of the rules now *hand on chin* well just do the best you can with what i sent then i hope i didnt nominate too much for mare and i didnt see the best author category guess i missed in the copy and paste.... hope some of my stuff counts and sorry i should have read this earlier

Anita, I never recieved your nominations. Did you sent them to myself, mare, and Chaos through the forum? I got the email you sent me this morning, but other than that, I haven't gotten anything else from you.

Also, don't worry about Mare, she's not a judge.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »

Anita, I never recieved your nominations. Did you sent them to myself, mare, and Chaos through the forum? I got the email you sent me this morning, but other than that, I haven't gotten anything else from you.

Also, don't worry about Mare, she's not a judge.

She sent them to my email address but I forwareded them to you guys :)

And Anita, one of your noms isn't on the AC site lol but other than that everything else was all good.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »

So I was thinking...if there aren't enough nominations for some of the categories, couldn't we have another awards "show"? I mean, there are a good number of categories up, and I think it might be easier to get more noms in if there's a smaller number of categories...B ut that's just my opinion LOL I was just trying to find some more nominations, but i keep getting mixed up with what I want to nominate a story for because there are so many categories. Anyhoo, that was my two cents. I could be totally wrong and not know anything at all since this is the first awards thingy I've ever seen/been a part of.
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 09:09:57 PM »

Actually we are doing pretty good now with the awards. There are only a few categories that arer pretty much dead in the water.

I'll list those if that helps.

These have either no noms or less than three

Best cliffhanger (2 noms)
Best Novella (1 nom)
Best series (2 noms)
Best collaboration (1 nom)

plot twist (1)
dialogue (1)
best out of character (0)

All the others have at least three or more.

If those numbers stay for the above categories they will most likely be ditched lol

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »

Hmm, maybe I'll try to come up with some for those categories...

I have a question...wha t do you do when you have more than one nomination for the same story in the same category? Do you just count it as one nom? I know, I'm feeling very questioning today LOL Just wondering....
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 11:23:16 PM »

Hmm, maybe I'll try to come up with some for those categories...

I have a question...wha t do you do when you have more than one nomination for the same story in the same category? Do you just count it as one nom? I know, I'm feeling very questioning today LOL Just wondering....

how in the world does that work? the same story for the sam category?  You mean like 2 different cliff hangers? Or too bet villains or something?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

how in the world does that work? the same story for the sam category?  You mean like 2 different cliff hangers? Or too bet villains or something?

Clarification: I just meant, what would happen if three of us nominated "The Thirteenth Step" for Best Suspense or something? Does that count as 3 noms or just one?

Hmm...writing that out, I sorta got my answer. Never mind LOL
Sarah
Pages: 1 [2] 3