Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 29085 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »

Yeah he's totally pretty!! I was actually kind of happy when I was reading and saw you were using him because I was so glad other people liked him, and liked the movie, and wanted to pretty up pages of fic with his presence lol not that Nick doesn't pretty them up but... ya know :P

I think we are supposed to be at odds, though in my school they kept us in a different building than the print journalism students, so we found other people to fight with like animation, and horticulture lol There was even an article in the school newspaper about how the radio students kept making enemies with everyone and they interviewed us asking us why we didn't like the other programs lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »

LOL yeah i have a ton of broadcast friends, i switched to media analysis and criticism so i could graduate on time (thanks to getting sick and having to drop 301 reporting)

And yes Brandon Routh is muy pretty. And I loved his voice I was like ooh sexy! LOL So if I'm attracted, Alyssa would be, we're attracted to the same type.

As it is in the prequel when Collin comes in I'm having Drew Fuller (Chris Perry on Charmed *rawr!!*) play him cuz yeah....pppprr rreeeeettttyyy y lol Nick is pretty but so are those two!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Tri

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »

So I was just thinking and I came up with a question!! 

I know that you started AIL out with an already-developed friendship between Nick and Ali.  You did a really good job filling in the readers with Nick and Ali's past together, which is one of the reasons I feel like they're such real characters.  You know everything about their past and I feel like I could ask you something about their friendship and you'd be able to fill it in.  However, my question is... 

In the beginning, did you ever think you would go back and write a prequel (as I know you're planning now)? 

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »

Actually yes I did plan on actually starting AIL from when they met in June of 1996. However I was thinking  "you know there are millions of fics where you see when they first meet, why don't I let the readers get to know them as the older more mature "them" and then go back and cover how they grew that way."
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Tri

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »

That definitely makes sense!  Plus, considering they were friends for a long time, the romance readers might get impatient reading the story up until the "couple" steps out of the friend zone and into the dating zone.  To tell you truth, the way you did it makes me want to read about their friendship all the more to discover the details of events that took place and just to see the way Nick and Ali interact with each other.  :)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »

Here's a lil spoiler of the two prequels I have planned

Waiting In The Wings - 1995-1996 (in the prologue) then 1999-2002
Everything But Mine - 2002-2004

They'll be long but it'll really show a contrast to where they begin as to where they grow to by the end of AS.

Jamanda

• Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »

Teri, congrats on being Featured Story of the Month! I can only imagine how excited you must be. Enjoy your month of fame. :D

Haha, I'm reading your answers on the first page still. I love reading these things.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 07:25:01 PM »

hehe Aren't they fun? I loved reading everyone elses too! So I was like super excited when I learned it was my turn! hehe ok I need to lay off the halloween candy lol I am almost done with chapter 15 of AS

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »

hehe Aren't they fun? I loved reading everyone elses too! So I was like super excited when I learned it was my turn! hehe ok I need to lay off the halloween candy lol I am almost done with chapter 15 of AS

New chapters are good, they give me a reason to avoid writing my own stuff... though that gets me in trouble with Mare...

What kind of candy?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 03:25:37 PM »

LOL Reese cups and snickers bites

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 03:27:34 PM »

And I updated last night, and wrote a scene in chapter 16. I warn everyone AS is going to be the most emotionally intense of the three stories thus far

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 03:28:06 PM »

Do you know I haven't had one single candy form Halloween? What is up with that? I even teach!! lol

And as far as your stories. I love when stories are so thought out they have prequels and sequels and back stories etc...

Here's a hard question for you now. If you absolutely had to kill off one of the characters in your story, which would one it be and how would you do it? (And for some reason if this has happened already in the story, pick another character besides the one you killed off lol)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »

LOL good question Mare!!! I did kill off Jamie in AIL (totally ruined it I know right? *snicker*) but if i had to do it again, I'd choose Olivia...becau se she's so close with Ali and they are sisters. And I'd have her get gaybashed. Because I don't think people really get that there are tons of homophobic assholes in this world. And so if Olivia were to be killed it'd be at least socially relevant.

However that won't happen although spoilerhehe there is going to be someone who dies in AS there is a warning of death and it's going to look like one person and then end up being another. It'll be so intense and rock the Nick and Ali world I've created. Tri knows what I'm talking about and believe me ya'll are in for some pretty intense cliffies. AS as I have it planned right now has about 2 climaxes within ten chapters of each other. So it's gonna be interesting and hard to write/read but it'll only make or break the bonds I've built between my characters. And ya'll thought swib was full of drama *evil laugh*

Tri

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »

Yeah, I know what Teri has planned and it's gonna blow your minds.  Like she said, you thought SWIB was intense...  She's got SO much great stuff planned.  And I don't know about you, but when I read Teri's stuff, I get surprises all the time.  Usually, I hate reading fan fiction *ducks and covers* because I get bored with it after a few chapters and I get annoyed with the characters.  But I don't with Teri's and AS is no exception.  I KNOW what's going to happen and I still can't wait to read each new chapter.  :D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »

well i try to plan things out for a reason, i want things that happen in real life to happen to my characters, miscarriages happen, unexpected pregnancies happen, family members die, friendships change, people mess up and seeing how they react to it all is half the fun of writing it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10