Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Drop it like it's hot! Or... Updates from Dee. :o)  (Read 22368 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Drop it like it's hot! Or... Updates from Dee. :o)
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2021, 07:41:20 PM »

I'm currently on a four day streak. But, I actually worked on both PDemons and the other new story I was writing yesterday. So things may be on the up and up! Maybe 00Carter was the break I needed more than moving to my own new thing. We'll see what happens!

If you would still like to read PBox, I will include both location links below. While all fifty chapters of PBox are complete, it is still undergoing the tiniest cursory edit where I change the paragraph alignment of the "~*~" and fix a couple errant commas, but otherwise it's all there. (I keep promising this errant comma update and not delivering, so this may be my next fanfic adjacent project.) Feedback is always appreciated on my magnum opus. :)

Pandora's Box on Absolute Chaos and Pandora's Box on AO3

Please find updates as follows (links now included after the titles):

This week's chapter is Chapter Thirty-Eight: Wanting. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

Anyone else ever feel bummed when work takes away from their writing? That's where I'm at. I've also run out of ideas on great author talks. I guess I have nothing to share about PBox&Co that isn't spoilery. But I'll answer any questions anyone has! Give me ideas, basically, lol.

If you would still like to read PBox, I will include both location links below. While all fifty chapters of PBox are complete, it is still undergoing the tiniest cursory edit where I change the paragraph alignment of the "~*~" and fix a couple errant commas, but otherwise it's all there. (I keep promising this errant comma update and not delivering, so this may be my next fanfic adjacent project.) Feedback is always appreciated on my magnum opus. :)

This week's chapter is Chapter Thirty-Nine: Distance. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2021, 08:30:41 PM »

Work... But the good news is, I'm still writing. I've gotten yet another 00Carter scene finished. I can't wait until y'all get to enjoy the new episodes.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty: Uncertainty. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Edited to add: Somehow I forgot to mention that there's only ten chapters left of PNecklace! The end is in sight, y'all. (For this installment at least.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:14:25 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »

A month into the new school year and I'm exhausted! But, PNecklace continues to update.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-One: Refuge. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Nine chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2021, 11:16:36 PM »

I almost didn't finish editing this week, but I did. I think I've earned a long nap.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Two: Trust. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Eight chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2021, 07:54:15 PM »

I've had no ideas for Author Chats. If you're reading out there, tell me what to talk about. I always thought I would have more to say near the end of the installment, not less.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Three: Perspective. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Seven chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »

I was worried I wouldn't get the mojo to edit this chapter. But yesterday for the first time in about a month, I had some real inspiration for PDemons and did some writing ahead, then today's chapter was easy to edit. So, here's hoping this PDemons streak stays!

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Four: Offer. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Six chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2021, 09:11:01 PM »

A week later and I'm back to writing OF PBox and 00Carter. So far this month, I'm written about 10,000 words for 00Carter (crazy, right?) and about 3300 words for OF Pbox. I don't know if it's the built in audience that comes with 00Carter or what, but I've been really proud of the writing I've put out for it recently. And OF PBox as well I suppose. NaNoWriMo is next month and I've been mulling over whether to commit to it or not. I think I'll see how writing goes this weekend and what I decide to work on. I'll keep y'all posted.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Five: Trapped. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Five chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2021, 09:48:07 PM »

We're down to the wire, y'all. I ultimately decided not to do NaNoWriMo this year. I'm not feeling a strong enough pull to any one project to commit to attempting it. Which is fine, I'm still writing most every day, it's just whichever story strikes me at the moment. That or running our edits on 00Carter. We're a week ahead, so that's helpful and gives me some more wiggle room with my own writing. I did write a tiny bit more on PDemons a few days ago, so at least that's something. We'll see what happens.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Six: Feint. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Four chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2021, 10:05:57 PM »

Halloween always gets me. I don't know why it's so busy. It has no business being like that. I don't have a lot to say this week. I really haven't much of anything, so... Let's focus on updates instead.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Seven: Melee. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Three chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2021, 11:47:11 PM »

I'm dreaming of a time where my life gets less busy... I don't know when that will happen.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Eight: Reflection. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Two chapters left! See you next Wednesday!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2021, 09:52:48 PM »

I edited exactly 51 words in this chapter from the initial writing. I don't know if that's a good sign... or a terrible one. It feels bizarre to be this far along in posting and not know what I'll be posting next yet. I guess 00Carter counts. I did write 79 words of PDemons this week, so maybe I'll have something soon. I think I'd like at least 10-15 chapters of my next thing, whether that's PDemons or Not Like We Predicted, before I post one of them. We'll see how it goes. Maybe being done with PNecklace officially and out of 00Carter editing will give me some oompf on my personal projects.

This week's chapter is Chapter Forty-Nine: Confrontation. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Enjoy! Only one chapter left! Due to the holiday, I am taking a short break from updating next week, just because I don't know that I can guarantee that the last chapter will be ready to post. So I'll see everyone back here with Chapter Fifty on December 1st. Enjoy Thanksgiving!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2021, 11:55:21 PM »

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! At the end of this crossroad, I don't have a lot to say (at least aside from what I wrote in my Author Note). It's an odd feeling to post the end of a story. There's joy, but also emptiness once something is out in the world. I guess this is a "without further adieu" moment.

This week's chapter is Chapter Fifty: Great Divide. As you know, submissions on AC are currently down, but you can read chapters one through thirty-seven here on AC (Pandora's Necklace on Absolute Chaos) and up through the current chapter on AO3 (Pandora's Necklace on AO3). As soon as submissions come back here on AC, I'll upload any missing chapters.

Thank you for reading along with me and supporting this portion of this larger story to its completion. I don't know what I'll post next yet, but PDemons has almost four chapters completed. And, while we're not there yet, the PBox series has a planned end. Thank you again for continuing this journey with me. I hope everyone enjoyed my return as much as I have.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]