Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: I felt like I was in my own fanfic last night!  (Read 3375 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
I felt like I was in my own fanfic last night!
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »

LOL I have to share this story because it's so something I would write...

I was on my way home from school and sitting at a red light at an interesection of a highway when on the radio as they were doing the traffic report, the guy mentions "There was just a fatal crash at the interesction of center valley parkway and route 309 involving a tractor trailer and a car so avoid that area.

Well that's EXACTLY where I was. That intersection and there was no accident anywhere but the creepy thing is at the light waiting on the other side of the intersection was a big tractor trailer! Yikes!! lol  :o

I felt like I was in a scene from Final Destination or something. We were the only two cars at the light so that freaked me out so bad I actually turned the opposite direction from where I was supposed to be going lmao Weirdness!

Just thought i'd share lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: I felt like I was in my own fanfic last night!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »

nice Mare. That is really creepy. and LMAO at you turning the other way to avoid the truck, but I would have probably done the same thing.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »

That is weird!!!  Definitely like something out of Final Destination LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »

almost makes me want to write a supernatural suspense. where the boys are trapped in some sort of alternate dimension.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »

LOL I know, right? I was thinking of including a scene like that in a story of some kind now.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 09:57:17 PM »

LOL I have to share this story because it's so something I would write...

I was on my way home from school and sitting at a red light at an interesection of a highway when on the radio as they were doing the traffic report, the guy mentions "There was just a fatal crash at the interesction of center valley parkway and route 309 involving a tractor trailer and a car so avoid that area.

Well that's EXACTLY where I was. That intersection and there was no accident anywhere but the creepy thing is at the light waiting on the other side of the intersection was a big tractor trailer! Yikes!! lol  :o

I felt like I was in a scene from Final Destination or something. We were the only two cars at the light so that freaked me out so bad I actually turned the opposite direction from where I was supposed to be going lmao Weirdness!

Just thought i'd share lol

Oh, that's freaky!  Now, not knowing what Final Destination is (bad me, I'm sure) I can't understand the comparison, but freaky nonetheless!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 03:59:47 AM »

Wow that is super freaky. Good thing you got that sign...from the traffic guy. It almost makes it seem like it saved you or the tractor drivers life. I get chills thinking about it!!! Good one on turning around.

Kagoma

• Major Disruption
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 08:10:53 AM »

Oh, that's freaky!  Now, not knowing what Final Destination is (bad me, I'm sure) I can't understand the comparison, but freaky nonetheless!

Final Destination was about a group of friends that were on there way somewhere on a plane, but one of them had a Precognition about there plane crashing with them on it, so he starts freaking out and that gets him and his friends thrown off the plane. About five minutes later the plane crashes and b/c they got off the plane, death itself starts coming after them one by one.....

Hope that helps ^_^

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

OMG Mare, that's super freaky! I'm so glad you turned because it was totally like Final Destination. lol

Glad you're okay. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »

although, if we're talking final destination, then Mare is actually like what's his name that got off the plane and survived so now you need to be careful Mare!!! Death might be coming for you. lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »

wow, sorry, that would sound really bad it you're superstitious. (I hope not lol.)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »

LMAO Kelly.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »

Once I almost got T-boned by a Butternut Bread truck (well, I would have, if I had gone when my light turned green, but thankfully I looked and saw that the Butternut Bread truck was going to fly on through the blatantly red light), and then a few months later, there was a Butternut Bread truck sticking out in the middle of the road that I could have hit if I wasn't paying much attention.  So now whenever I see a Butternut Bread truck, I freak out a little.  It's kind of like a little inside joke I have with myself, but my stomach seriously does clench up when I see one LOL.

I hope Death isn't stalking you, Mare! :P
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 12:19:40 AM »

I woulda prolly crapped myself if that happened to me - lol. And I hated Final Destination - much too scary for me! I'm not a horror movie gal! Eep! *runs n hides*

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!