Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: 00Carter  (Read 51897 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: 00Carter
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2021, 03:01:19 AM »

Okay, but what did he expect trying to tell us that he best Shaq at basketball? That's some straight up compulsive liar imposter syndrome stuff.

LMAO that has to be a trait.

Think I gotta call it a night, finally tired. Nice brainstorming with you all again. Seems we can't resist when we're all insomniacs together.

good night!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2021, 03:01:49 AM »

Okay, but what did he expect trying to tell us that he best Shaq at basketball? That's some straight up compulsive liar imposter syndrome stuff.

LOL That should have been our sign right there!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2021, 03:02:20 AM »

I should go to bed too.  It's 3 a.m. here, and tomorrow's my last day of break before I have to get back on school schedule.  Nice brainstorming with you both!!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2021, 05:02:55 PM »

tomorrow's my last day of break before I have to get back on school schedule.

Hopefully you have an easier time of it than I did! (which was not at all.)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2021, 07:21:19 PM »

LOL I didn't think so, judging by how late you were up talking to us!  I will have to drug myself with melatonin or Benadryl to get myself to go to sleep at a reasonable time tonight.  At least tomorrow is a teacher in-service day, so we don't have students until Thursday.  It's nice to ease us back in to the routine.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »

LOL I didn't think so, judging by how late you were up talking to us!  I will have to drug myself with melatonin or Benadryl to get myself to go to sleep at a reasonable time tonight.  At least tomorrow is a teacher in-service day, so we don't have students until Thursday.  It's nice to ease us back in to the routine.

I've definitely been in a bout of insomnia more than usual. Coffee is basically my life blood right now, much more than usual!

If I catch you lurking on here in the wee hours, I will tell you to go to bed for sure!  But it's good it's just other teachers and not the kids just yet. I wish I'd had that day between.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2021, 07:54:59 PM »

Yes, please do! LOL

We started doing this a few years ago, and it's been amazing.  Gives us a chance to plan for the rest of the week without having to do it before or during break.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2021, 08:14:15 PM »

I always hated having to plan during breaks to be ready. And it's doubly nice of them to give you two more days of break at the beginning of the week before the inservice day. And now you get to see each of your groups once, so it's not lopsided!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2021, 08:35:22 PM »

Yep, so the kids will get eased in to it too.  It's perfect.  We had school the Monday and Tuesday before Christmas when a lot of districts were already on break, so that's why we got this Monday and Tuesday off.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2021, 08:50:56 PM »

Yep, so the kids will get eased in to it too.  It's perfect.  We had school the Monday and Tuesday before Christmas when a lot of districts were already on break, so that's why we got this Monday and Tuesday off.

Boo, I also had school that Monday and Tuesday and just... no matter how hard I tried, no one wanted to be there anymore... including me!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:45 PM »

Aw, man!  I bet not.  We always get two weeks for winter break.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2021, 09:06:32 PM »

Aw, man!  I bet not.  We always get two weeks for winter break.

Ours is about a week and a half? It depends on exactly where the holidays fall. I guess I preferred this to the past couple years when we've come back on a Friday, then had a weekend.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2021, 10:44:31 PM »

LOL I guess that's one way to ease you in, but it's a little weird to come back for just one day.  I like coming back mid-week so it's a short week, but still more than one day.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2021, 11:04:15 PM »

LOL I guess that's one way to ease you in, but it's a little weird to come back for just one day.  I like coming back mid-week so it's a short week, but still more than one day.

I'm fine with three or four days, once it creeps down to one or two days, I feel like it's useless at the beginning of a semester or the end.

Also, this is your hour warning to get your beauty rest soon. I know I need at least six hours to be semi-functioning. Not sure how long your commute is or what your start time is and don't need details, but I'm guessing here.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2021, 11:09:42 PM »

LOL I know, I told myself 11 p.m. was my cutoff, and it's 11:07.  I did take my melatonin, so I will be going to bed shortly.  I told myself I can stay up a little later than usual and keep watching CNN because it's history - and also I don't have to be at work until half an hour later than my usual time, since we have no students.  Thanks for the warning!  If you see me still on here at 10 p.m. your time (midnight mine), you can start yelling at me.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13