The Price Has Been Paid by ResaD
Summary: Captain Kevin and Theresa Richardson have been married for seven years, and it’s been on hell of a happy marriage. So, what’s the problem? The marriage…BED…isn’t the best place anymore. Both Kevin and Theresa claim there is no one else they want! So, how do you spike an interest, a spark, once more, even more so when they have tired everything else? You turn to someone else for advice!

Recently engaged, Brian Littrell is in Heaven and he suggests that perhaps a couples getaway to Sin City could be just what the doctor ordered; The doctor being his fiancé, the sex therapist. There are all kinds of help that she can offer, herself included.

But one innocent night goes horribly wrong, and the couple struggles to figure out how they are going to survive and how to come out alive; without devastated family members or tarnished careers!

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4849 Read: 3573 Published: 03/01/10 Updated: 05/25/10

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Chapter 1

I sighed, glancing over at her as she held up her hands. She shrugged, trying to offer that as an apology, but I knew it wasn’t her fault that I was frustrated. Actually, I really couldn’t pin point where to lay the blame for that one.

“Theresa…”

“Steph, I know what I’m doing. Both my husband and I are Captains. He’s a naval aviator, I’m in the Air Force, both of us are beyond successful in our careers. Both of us are trained to die for our country. Both of us have seen combat. We’re both smart people and yet, neither one of us can get over this hump.”

“How long have you and Kevin been married?” I glanced down at my wedding band, fiddling with it before answering her question.

“Um, seven years, this upcoming September actually.”

“So, you’ve gotten past the newlywed stage, and now you’re getting into that comfortable zone. It happens.”

“But it’s never been like that.” I shook my head, pushing myself away from the counter. “It’s obviously something I need to discuss with him. I just hope I don’t go snapping any more heads off. I could get fired.” I walked out with the woman standing next to me, her laughter ringing in my ears.

-----
His green eyes blazed with anger as he stared at the files that was sent to his computer. Nothing was adding up, his department was short and he would be the one to pay for this mistake if he couldn’t figure out what the hell happened. And that old saying that shit rolled down hill was only the first of many things that would happen if he figured this one error out. Someone, other than him, was going to pay. He growled, his fingers slamming through his hair as he pulled up an open document, slowly typing the notes that was on his desk. His head snapped up as someone timidly knocked his door.

“Come in,” he barked. The person visibly winced and slowly pushed the door open, her head poking inside.

“I’m sorry sir, but a Brian Littrell is on line 1 and your wife is on line 2. I buzzed but you were...” His hand lifted and waved.

“Sorry, I was busy. Tell my wife I’ll call her right back.” The girl bobbed her head before shutting the door. Kevin pinched the bridge of his nose as he grabbed up the phone. “Richardson here.”

“Hey man, don’t kill me with that tone.”

“Brian, sorry. Just…”

“Stressed, busy, over worked and under loved?”

“Ha, man you’re not funny. What can I do for you, cos?”

“First of all, if you’re not loving that little wife of yours, you can send her my way.” Kevin’s hands gripped his phone, his knuckles turning white. And he knew he shouldn’t get pissed at his cousin, Brian didn’t know what was going on. In fact, Kevin should have been used to that from him. But, it got under his skin when he knew that his love life with his wife just wasn’t up to par recently. “Kev?”

“Sorry, I’m…”

“You sound like you need to talk man. Is everything alright?”

“Let’s leave it that it could be better. But, I don’t have time to get into it right now. You called for a reason?”

“I’m engaged and I wanted you to meet her. Shelly and I are flying out to LA this Friday to pick up some things and I was hoping the four of us could have dinner.”

“You know what Bri, that sounds great. I’m sure Theresa would love it. In fact, why not come on over to our house, we can make dinner.”

“Oh no, please tell me you two are splitting up and have no money left that you can’t afford some dinner?”

“No, nothing to that extreme. But, there are some marital problems that I need advice on.”
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2
I picked up my phone, not even glancing at the caller ID, holding it between my ear and my shoulder.

“Lambe.”

“I hate that.” I sat my chair back down, sitting upright.

“The fact that I can’t change my last name because I was in the service before I got married?”

“Yes. By law you’re Richardson.” I smiled, chuckled even.

“You’re right honey, I am. And I’m sorry. You’re aware of the rules such as I. So, tell me, to what do I owe this pleasure?”

“You called me first; I was only returning your phone call.” I paused, glanced up at the clock and frowned.

“Oh, yeah, don’t worry about it, it’s no biggie.”

“You’re work days are like mine Theresa, hectic. You don’t get a moment to call just to call. What’s on that lovely little mind?”

“Nothing honey. It’s too late anyway.” Kevin ground his teeth and either I knew him too well for I knew he did it. Or he did it loud enough for me to hear.

“Theresa…”

“I was going to suggest going to dinner at Valentino’s. Quiet, candlelight dinner. But it’s too late. I couldn’t possibly get a reservation this late in the day. So, don’t worry about it honey.” Kevin sighed, his head resting on the back of his chair. Damn it, he knew he should have called her back earlier. But the hours flew by and before he knew it, it was pushing four and he still hadn’t returned her call.

“How about I call and we can make it for tomorrow?”

“I can’t Kevin. I have a meeting tomorrow and won’t be home till after seven. You know that.” He glanced at his calendar, seeing the red mark there from her pen.

“That’s right. Well…”

“It’s okay. I’m sorry, Kevin, I got a lot of stuff to do. I’ll be lucky if I’m out of here by six tonight. I’ll call you when I’m on my way home.”

“You want to stop by my office? I’ll doubt I’ll be done with my stuff by six.” I hesitated, not really wanting to say yes, but not really wanting to say no.

“Yeah, I can do that. Maybe pick up something?”

“Perfect. Than I’ll see you later.”

“Yup. Bye Kevin.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.” With that, I hung up my phone. I ran my hands over my face, shaking my head, knowing that Kevin wasn’t aware that I was irked. Or if he even cared. Or…if he was smart, he would have guessed it. The pet names always leave and Kevin comes into full usage when I’m pissed off at him. It’s something he picked up on early on in our relationship. I shook my head again, trying to focus on the swimming numbers before me.

-----
I walked down the hall way, my heels sinking into the carpet, making no sound as I made my way to his office, my heart pounding. I walked through his doorway, clearing my throat, causing the couple who was staring at the computer screen to jump.

“Mrs. Richardson…” ‘The little woman currently at his side looked scared, why ever would that be?’ I questioned to myself.

“Hi Letty. Kevin making you work late?”

“We were having a problem and he needed my help, ma’am.” I shrugged and smiled, sitting across from Kevin.

“I understand. Are you hungry Letty? I got enough food,” I offered, holding up the bag.

“No, thank you though. I must be going. Goodnight Mrs. Richardson, good night sir.” She quickly smiled as she walked out the door, closing it behind her.

“Hey sweetheart,” Kevin stand, standing up and walking over to kiss me gently.

“Hey. Rough day?” I asked, pulling out the containers of Chinese food.

“Yes. And long. And I’m not done yet.”

“Honestly didn’t think you would be done, not by the sounds on the telephone.”

“Honey, I am sorry about earlier and dinner…” I held up my hand and forced a smile on my lips.

“Kev, you’re a busy man. I can understand that. I knew what I was marrying into.” His hand grabbed mine, his fingers inter lacing with mine, giving it a gentle squeeze.

“I talked to my cousin today. Him, and his fiancé, are flying out this Friday. He wanted to know if we wanted to do dinner.” I paused taking a bite of my food to watch him.

“And?”

“And..I said it was okay. So, I’m making reservations for the four of us.” I nodded my head, setting my fork down. I wish I could explain the anger that was coursing through me, but I couldn’t. And I loved Brian; he was a great guy and always made me laugh! And was great with the guys he coached too. I sighed and started putting my food away. “What is it honey?”

“Nothing babe. Just not hungry anymore.” I got up and walked over to the window, looking out over the water, sighing mentally to myself.

“I know you. You don’t like that thought. But you like Brian, so what’s the deal?” His arms slipped around my waist and I realized that this had actually been the most intimate contact we’ve had in weeks.

“I don’t know Kev. I guess I feel like something is missing in our marriage and I supposed I was planning a romantic weekend. I don’t know, I…”

“Shh, actually, I understand. I have to admit, something feels like it fell off track, right?” I leaned back against him, nodding slightly.

“And we’ve only been married a hand full of years. We shouldn’t be having this problem.” He chuckled and I could feel the vibration.

“Honey, I honestly don’t think time matters. But, actually, a romantic weekend sounds wonderful. We can start it after dinner.” I frowned, tuning in his embrace to look up at him.

“Kevin, when Brian is around, you two can talk for hours! I know it’s a no go this weekend. And that’s okay baby.”

“You’ll see, I’ll make it work somehow.” I watched him for a few moments, feeling all kinds of emotions deep inside and the first and foremost was anger!
Chapter 3 by ResaD
Chapter 3
I stared out the bedroom window, the clock glowing blue in the wee early hours of the morning; currently, it was reading 2:16am. I ran my hand over my face, turning back to look at the man lying in the bed. He was smart and gorgeous, but he was funny, once you really got to know him. He could be quiet and reserved, or loud and demanding, depending on the mood he was in. And all of that was part of the charm of why I loved him. He was sexy, and at times, knew it. He was a naval officer, what officer didn’t know they were sexy? And actually, how we met was pretty interesting, than again, whenever you meet in combat, that’s always interesting. He told me constantly that it was my quick wit and my winning personality that had him falling for me.

But, of course, love didn’t always make a marriage. There has to be passion and that’s what makes me question things these days. Our sex life had become a bore. And I was plain out of ideas of how to spice it up. I’ve just about done them all, well, we have done them all. I sighed yet again, watching him turns towards the sound.

“You know a husband doesn’t like it when you leave his arms in the middle of the night.” I smiled and sat down on the bed, his hand already rubbing my back. “What has you up sweetheart?” I glanced over at him, smiling all the more as he pulled the robe off my shoulder and started placing tiny kisses there.

“I’m just thinking about us baby.” That stopped Kevin and he eyes flashed to mine.

“Baby, don’t think about us. We’ll be fine and you know it. We’ve survived seven years and you are the only one I wanna be with.”

“And I feel the same. But, do I still entice you? You can feel it just as much as I can, that something isn’t right when we make love. And I’m at a loss as to why that is.”

“Maybe we should go to a counselor? We can’t be the only ones who love each other, yet still feel out of sorts when we make love.”

“I guess. I just…I’m running out of ideas. And it’s not bad.” Kevin smirked, his left eyebrow shooting up. “There ya go, getting a big head.”

“I thought you liked that?”

“Not like that!” I squealed as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me back down on the bed, his lips attacking my neck.

-----
I kept my eyes glued to the screen, annoyed with intense buzzing of the phone on my desk. I reached over, my eyes never leaving the screen.

“Lambe here.”

“Theresa, its Brian.” I bite my lip, trying not to let out a sigh.

“Hey there cos, how are you doing? I heard congratulations are in order here.”

“Thank you. I just hope she’s as wonderful a wife as you are.”

“Brian, does this woman know just how much of a flirt you really are?

“Nope. You aren’t going to tell her either, are you?”

“And break her heart, never. So, what do I owe the pleasure of your phone call to?”

“Actually, I’m kinda worried about you. And you and Kevin.” I pinched the bridge of my nose, pulling the hair tie out of my hair, hoping that might stop the migraine that was forming.

“Why are you worried?”

“When I talked to Kevin, it just sounded like things weren’t moving so well between you two.”

“It’s not what you think actually. In some ways, things are very fine. But there are some things that aren’t the greatest. Than again, over the phone is not the best place to have this conversation.”

“I can understand that. Don’t forget about dinner tonight.”

“I won’t. I’m even gonna call Kevin in a minute to make sure he’s getting off early to pick you two up.”

“Thanks Resa.”

“No problem. I’ll see you later.” I hung up, leaning my head back on my chair and staring at the ceiling. I knew Kevin wouldn’t keep what was bothering from Brian. Not like we could. Brian had this nature about him that picked up on people with problems. I just wasn’t comfortable talking about our sex life with our family. I got up out of the chair, saved what I was working, grabbed my purse and keys, told my secretary that was I was having lunch and left.

-----
I pulled up to his office 15 minutes later and walked in, seeing no one at the front desk. I frowned and made my way back to his office, glancing through the window and seeing his secretary leaning over Kevin’s arm, her breasts brushing over it. I opened the door and cleared my throat. They both looked up, Letty looking startled.

“Mrs. Richardson, we were…” Kevin smirked, touching her arm gently.

“Letty, go ahead and go to lunch. We’ve been staring at this for over an hour.” She glanced at him, offered me a smile and left.

“Did you enjoy it?” He leaned back, tapping his fingers and looked at me.

“Did I enjoy what?” I closed the door, locked it and threw my purse on the chair before strolling over to him, straddling him in his chair.

“The feel of her breasts on your arms.” His hands ran over my thighs, frowning as he glanced up.

“They were? Didn’t even notice. They’re too small for my taste anyways. I like the bigger ones.” His hands made quick work of my jacket, tossing it back on the desk, than quickly undoing the buttons to my blouse, pushing aside the material, his lips brushing over the skin that was showing. “Not that I am complaining, but you never visit on your lunch.”

“I was hungry.”

“Than why are you here?” I grabbed his cheeks, made him look in my eyes that were currently darker.

“I’m hungry for HIM.” He growled, his lips attacking mine.

-----
I rested against his chest, smiling to myself, enjoying the sound of his contented sigh.

“That was the best damn lunch I ever had.” I cracked up, finally lifting my head, blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

“Gotta admit, it was the best I’ve had. Now maybe I can get through the rest of the day.” I got off the chair, pulling my hair back into a bun and fixing my skirt.

“I must admit, I like the Air Force uniforms. I like that the officers have to wear skirts if they’re ladies.” I turned to him, lifting my panties off the floor and smirking.

“Don’t forget to pick up Brian from the airport.” I opened his bottom drawer, sticking the lace clad panties there and winking at him.

“How the hell am I going to work, knowing those are there and that there ain’t shit underneath your skirt?” I shrugged, swaying my hips as I walked over and picked up my purse.

“You can always return the favor at some point in time.” He stood up and walked over to me, unlocking the door and opening it.

“Thank you for the lunch date Ms. Lambe.”

“My pleasure Mr. Richardson.” He pulled me close, his mouth devouring mine. We finally pulled away as we heard the whistles.

“Brian, airport, do not be late!”

“I promise. He’s my cousin, I know.” I kissed him one more time, feeling many eyes on me. He shook his head as the man stared. “Back to work,” he growled, earning many knowing looks from the guys.
Chapter 4 by ResaD
Chapter 4

He stepped from side to side, not bothering to hide his excitement at seeing of one of his favorite cousins. He checked the board, making sure the flight was still on time. He took a drink of his bottled water, seeing the plane land and than taxi to the gate. He waited a few more minutes, finally seeing his cousin and smiling.

“Brian!” The younger man ran over and him a huge hug. “Wait, where’s Shelly?”

“She actually came this morning, had a rather important meeting.”

“Oh, so we’ll see her tonight?”

“Of course. So, tell me, what’s being going on man? What has you looking so rough?” Kevin glanced around, seeing all the people and shook his head.

“Let’s go grab a drink and I’ll explain things.” Brian’s held onto Kevin’s arm and stopped him.

“You two aren’t splitting, are you?” Kevin just glanced at Brian and shook his head.

“It’s not that bad yet man, but let’s go.”

-----
Kevin pulled the label off his long neck bottle before turning to Brian. He was even more grateful to his cousin for not pushing the matter even more.

“It’s….my marriage.” Brian sat his chair back down with a loud thud and than carefully sat his own beer down.

“What’s wrong? I thought you two were so in love?”

“We are man. That’s not the problem. It…may sound…strange but our sex life has gone…stale.”

“As in you guys don’t make love anymore?”

“As in it’s just not the same passion filled experience that we used to have. Man, Resa and I, we had no problem finding a little corner, having sex three, sometimes four times a day. Now, I bet we have sex three or four times every two weeks, maybe less. And we have tried everything. Toys, clothes, role plays. It’s not that I don’t love making love to her…”

“But like you’re burnt out?” Kevin thought it over and slowly nodded.

“Yeah. Is that possible?”

“I’m not sure. But you can ask Shelly later.”

“Man, I am not asking your fiancé anything.”

“Why not? She makes good money for offering her advice.” Kevin just looked at Brian, his eyebrow raised.

“What kind of therapist is Shelly?”

“A sex therapist. And…you want no other woman right?”

“Nah man. When I put that ring on Resa’s finger that was it. I love her, mind, body and soul. Maybe we just need a recharge?”

“I told you, Shelly is great. You’d be surprised by the things that come up.” This time it was Kevin’s turn to lean back and regard his cousin carefully.

“Okay man, how is that a boys college basketball coach gets hooked up with a sex therapist?” Brian gave Kevin a huge grin.

“Not like you think dude! She was at a game and I was throwing a couple shots, but one totally air balled and it hit her head. Poor girl was seeing stars for five minutes. Actually, I didn’t know what she did until about a month into our relationship. It took me for a surprise but I wouldn’t have traded her. And, it’s not like she compares or anything.”

“And you trust her?”

“Who is she going to tell? Me? It’s not like I don’t know. And she won’t tell the family.”

“No, but she would know and than I’ll have to see her at family gatherings.”

“Man, she ain’t like that. Just wait and talk to her at dinner and you’ll see. I promise.”

“Fine. I’ll think about it.”

-----
I cringed as I drove up to the house, knowing I had only half an hour to get ready. Which, by Kevin’s standards, was not enough time. Not when it took me well over an hour to look amazing for him. I flew into the house, hearing him yelling from upstairs.

“I know I’m late. I had some things come up.” I threw my purse on the bed and turned to look at him in dress black slacks and a emerald green shirt that brought out those amazing eyes even more, my breath catching.

“Lately, everything seems to be coming up.” I glared at him and started unbuttoning my blouse, heading into the bathroom.

“I’ll be ready to go by the time we need to be.” He rolled his eyes and left me alone. I glanced at my watch, groaning.

Twenty minutes later, I pulled my hair up into a French twist, slipping on the gold strappy stilettos and smoothed the dress over my thighs before heading downstairs. I took a deep breath, not quite understanding my need to impress my husband. “Let’s go.” He flicked off the TV, barely glancing up and taking my hand before leading me out the car.

“I’m glad you got ready in time.” I bit my lip as I climbed in, keeping my gaze out the window, for some odd reason, hurt beyond words.

“I told you that I would be. I can get dressed in a hurry.” He frowned, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

“I know. I guess I’m just nervous.”

“Why?”

“Because Brian really loves and adores Shelly. And I want to make a good impression on her.”

“I thought Shelly was flying in with Bri?”

“No, she had a very important meeting and was already here.”

“Oh. So, did you talk to Brian?” He just shot me a look, pulling into the parking lot and helping me out. “Is that a yes?” I pulled my skirt down a little more, holding onto his arm as we entered the restaurant, spotting Brian right away. Kevin grinned and tugged me over, making me almost trip on the heels. He gave Brian a hug before stopping in his tracks as he stared at the woman by Brian. I watched as he licked his lips, his eyes traveling over every inch of this amber eyed, black hair, 5’5, big breasted woman.; hating to admit that I did not like his look at all. And from within, I wanted to hate her, for she was stunning, and damn, did I not compare to her. Okay, perhaps I did doubt my husband a little, since his passion was fizzling out.

“Shelly, you look…stunning.” That raked over my already raw nerves, making me dig my nails into my hands to keep from turning tail and running.

“Thank you Kevin. Brian didn’t mention you were a charmer too.”

“He didn’t mention he had a beautiful bride to be either.” She smiled at him before turning to me.

“Why, Kevin, how can you call me beautiful when your own wife outshines me?”

“Please Shelly,” I said, really trying to hate her, even as she gave me a small squeeze.

“No, Shelly is right, Resa. I don’t think I’ve seen such an amazing color on you since your wedding dress. Red suits you. And you look radiant.” He kissed my cheek, smiling all the more.

“Brian! Stop flirting!” I chuckled, flinching slightly as Kevin grabbed my waist and ushered me into a chair. I looked over at Kevin, who kept his attention on the menu.

-----
I rested my elbows on the table, giving half an ear to the conversation that had been going on for the last twenty minutes. Kevin was doing his best to embarrass Brian in front of Shelly, and a lot of the stories I had heard before. I gazed around Vaelntino’s, spotting a couple of men sitting in a corner, and smiled as one kept staring at me, but really paying no mind to him. I jumped slightly as someone touched my arm, bringing my attention back to the table.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I was asking if you want anything else sweetheart.”

“Oh, no, I’m fine Kevin, thank you.” He nodded his head, turned slightly than gave me a sharp look, but I was far from caring. Actually, had been all day. I sighed, and stood up, noticing the conversation stopped once more.

“Excuse me, ladies room.” Shelly jumped up too and wove her arm through mine.

“I’m going too. You two behave please.” She beamed at Brian before we turned and walked away. “Things seemed tense between you and Kevin, is everything alright?”

“Lovers spat, nothing new.” I headed into the room, once more, trying not to like her, but she seemed so nice, so down to earth, especially for someone who was so gorgeous.

“Resa, can I confide in you?”

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

“You have no reason to be jealous of me. Or to hate me. Kevin my have stared for a few moments, but believe me, his eyes see only you. And I love Brian with all my heart. No way could I want another man.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust you…”

“You’re just worried that some woman is going to catch your husband’s fancy?”

“I guess so.”

“Why don’t you call me later? I maybe able to help some.” I gave her a smile.

“I will.” She smiled in return and headed back out, leaving me alone for a few more moments. I took a deep breath and walked out, smacking right into that guy.

“Well, what is a beautiful creature like you doing all alone?”

“Excuse me sir, I need to return to my husband.”

“That man that’s ignored you all night?” His eyes raked over me and even though I had clothes on, I felt very naked.

“He has not.”

“Yes he has. And that is a horrible shame. Name is Christopher. I’m a reporter.”

“Thank you. Now, if you’ll excuse me…”

“Wait a moment, I just want a name.”

“She said excuse me, let her pass.” I glanced over his shoulder and saw Kevin standing there. I swallowed and ran over to his side, his arm encircling my waist, for once grateful for his show of protectiveness’.

“Sorry, didn’t know she was spoken for.” Kevin’s eyebrow shot up and he took a step forward, but I braced my hand on his chest.

“She has a sparkling diamond on her left hand. A blind man could see it.”

“Next time, show a little more interest in your wife and not the other females at the table and you won’t have men hitting on her.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10037