Solace by summer03
Summary:


Two different people with different ambitions that's what Valerie and AJ were. They had never been the best of friends in the early days. What happens when they see each other again? Valerie pursuing her medical degree while AJ continues his profession as a world known singer. Will they find solace in each other or will there lives not allow them too? *****Being Re-written*****
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: No Word count: 54852 Read: 37554 Published: 03/09/10 Updated: 11/16/10
Chapter 22 by summer03
“Sorry for calling you like that Leigh,” Valerie kept apologizing to Leigh.

“Its fine I was around the area, maybe we should tell Howie and you should tell AJ…” Leigh told her.

“No, I think he understood that I didn’t want to see him again. See you don’t understand Raul is a possessive person he would’ve of come after me. I guess he really has changed a little to fucking late though.” Valerie said with anger in her voice.

Leigh looked at her worriedly, “I just think you should tell someone, I didn’t like the way he was looking at us as we drove away.”

“I will talk to AJ…” she told Leigh omitting the word eventually.

“I hope you do,” Leigh told her giving her a smile. “So how about you go shopping with me?”

“Like this?” she asked Leigh as she pointed at her scrubs.

“Yes, it’s not like people don’t go shopping sometimes in there work attire. Beside I heard about you meeting a certain someone tomorrow.” Leigh said het smile widening.

*********

“Ready?” AJ asked his mother as he grabbed his car keys.

“Yes,” Denise said smiling at her son. “I can’t wait to meet this gal. I am anxious to see who it is and why you haven’t told me who.”

“Mom you’ll love her and I must warn you she is not like anyone I ever dated before so please. Just trust me I am happy ok?” AJ told his mother as he opened the door for her.

A few minutes later they were driving to the restaurant he had made reservations in. “I’m starving,” he said after so much silence.

“Yeah I am hungry too… So you’re not going to tell me her name?” Denise asked curiously.

“Not yet just be patient mom,” AJ teased her with a grin on his face.

**********

“Thank you,” Valerie paid the cab and walked to the entrance of the restaurant. She smiled shyly as told them who she was here to see.

She was conscious of her look and had decided on wearing a nice black dress that to her opinion hid her fat well. She bit her lip nervously as she followed the waiter to where AJ and his mother waited.

AJ’s smiled widened as he saw Val walking, she looked gorgeous. He stood up as she came near, “Hey babe,” he told her leaning in to give her a peck.

Valerie felt her face burn a little and knew that meant she was blushing. “Hey,” she managed to tell him.

“Mom this is Valerie… my girlfriend.” AJ said, “Val you remember my mom right?”

“Oh my Valerie?” Denise said surprised as she stood up and hugged the young woman. “You look great…”

“Thanks Mrs. M… Solis,” she corrected herself remembering AJ told her she had remarried.

“Please call me Denise,” she said as she continued to look at her in awe. “Wow you live in California now?”

Valerie cleared her throat as AJ helped her sit, “Yes I actually have an internship at Cedars so that’s why I moved down her.”

“Oh wow congratulations dear,” Denise said as she glanced at her son. She couldn’t help but notice how her son looked at her.

**********

Valerie sighed heavily as she looked at herself in the mirror. She felt so awkward with Denise because she knew Denise knew about her issues from her teenage years. Even if Denise had been so nice to her so far she saw the look of wonder as well.

Now here she was at AJ’s house and for the first time she was ready to go. She washed her hands for the fourth time, “I can do this,” she whispered to herself.

She was startled when she heard the soft knock on the door, “Val you ok?” AJ asked concerned.

She opened the door slowly, “Yeah I’m fine…” she forced a smile on her face.

AJ smiled at her and leaned in to give her a peck on the lips, “You have made an impression on my mother…a good one.” He told her as he caressed her face, “she is proud of me dating someone who is going somewhere in life.”

Valerie smiled at his comment, “Well let’s not tell her I am at the verge of loosing my internship then,” she laughed lightly. “Kidding,” she said as she saw the look on AJ’s face.

“Come let’s go she is waiting on us,” AJ said grabbing her hand in his.

“Hey your back come here seat with me Valerie we have a lot of catching up.” Denise said as she saw her son and Valerie walk out to the patio.

******

It was Sunday morning and she lay awake in her bed. The dinner yesterday had gone well and Denise seemed ok with there relationship. Yet she had a feeling she was going to hear more from her soon.

“At least its over,” she said as she finally got out of bed. She began to gather everything she needed for her shower, when she heard her doorbell.

“Coming,” Valerie yelled as she remembered that AJ was going to come over early to pick her up. They were going to out with Denise, she had only agreed because she knew AJ wanted it.

She was so sure it was AJ she did not even bother to look through the peep hole. “He-” she stopped in mid word when she saw who stood there. She tried to close the door but it was useless he was able to get in.

“Good Morning Preciosa,” Raul said as he walked into her apartment. “Nice place,” he said as he looked around the living room.

“How did you…” she couldn’t even finish her sentence she was still trying to figure out how he had found her.

“I have my ways,” he said as he took out a print out from one of his pockets. “So is this getting serious? I mean it says you met his mother last night.” Raul told her as he flashed a picture of the dinner she had with AJ and his mom.

“It’s none of your business Raul, lárgate!” She told him as she held the door to her apartment open.

“Oh come on Val I just want to talk. I come in peace and like I told you yesterday… I want you back. So how about you get ready and you accept my invitation to lunch?” Raul said keeping his cool. If he really wanted to get her back he had to first try being nice. If then she still did not see the whole picture then he would force her.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10043