Lifestyles of a Rockstar by RandomRambler
Summary: The rock star is a different breed from other people. They live life fast, unbalanced, and loud. Life is a roller coaster and you never know what’s going to happen next. Come with me and see how the rock star lives.
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Rooney Characters: Louie Stephens, Matt Winter, Ned Brower, Robert Schwartzman, Taylor Locke
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 30280 Read: 18111 Published: 04/24/10 Updated: 05/13/10
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own or know the band Rooney (i only wish). There is also a few other L.A. bands that will be popping up in this story. This is complete fiction.

1. Chapter 1 by RandomRambler

2. Chapter 2 by RandomRambler

3. Chapter 3 by RandomRambler

4. Chapter 4 by RandomRambler

5. Chapter 5 by RandomRambler

6. Chapter 6 by RandomRambler

7. Chapter 7 by RandomRambler

8. Chapter 8 by RandomRambler

9. Chapter 9 by RandomRambler

10. Chapter 10 by RandomRambler

11. Chapter 11 by RandomRambler

12. Chapter 12 by RandomRambler

13. Chapter 13 by RandomRambler

Chapter 1 by RandomRambler
She pulled up to the house, a small one story home that was in desperate need of a new coat of paint. Alissa a 26-year-old with long straight brown hair with added streaks of purple down both sides of her head, the purple framing her face. Her thin athletic body stood at five feet six inches. She got out of her white ‘98 Ford Escort, stretching her arms over her head to release the kinks in her back. She smiled as she breathed in the warm Florida air.

“You’re late. I’d move your ass a little quicker. There’s no time to enjoy the sun.”

Alissa looked over at the house, just as one of her band mates walked out of the home and headed toward the one car garage. The warning didn’t make her move any quicker or keep her from smiling, “Hello to you too, Dan.” She kept her smile.

Most people would find Daniel a little scary. Of course these are the same people who judge a book by its cover. Dan was very attractive, if you look passed the tattoos and piercing’s. Dan was also one to change his hair color and style monthly. His latest is a tall Mohawk with blue and crimson tips that looked really nice with his dark brown hair. He was very punk on the outside but a sweet teddy bear on the in. Dan is only twenty-four years of age though his intelligence was of a very educated fifty-year-old. His knowledge would blow her mind daily.

Alissa reached inside her car to grab the black and purple messenger bag. The bag was faded and worn but she didn’t care, it was almost like a security blanket to her, it went everywhere she went. Alissa placed the bag on her right shoulder and shut the car door. She headed straight for the garage, as she stepped inside the noise of the band tuning their instruments while chattering made the small room very loud. She dropped her messenger bag on the ground inside the door before walking toward her mic stand.

“‘Bout time you got here. We have a gig tonight and you don’t seem to think it’s important for us to get in some rehearsal time before hand. What does this say about our band?” Carly lectured from behind the drum set.

Alissa gave Carly a scowl not appreciating the lecture, “If you’d zip it for about a second I could explain.”

“How about we just start practice and skip the arguing?” Kenny chimed in from his seat on the bar stool, his bass guitar resting in his lap.

“Well, if you don’t want to know about the audition I got us, that’s fine.” Alissa took her microphone off the stand nonchalantly.

“Wait, what audition?” Carly asked.

“Oh nothing big, just a chance for us to Open for Rooney, Thursday night at the Social.”

“What?!” Everyone got excited and wanting more details.

“I found out this afternoon that Rooney is holding auditions for local bands to open for them. So I called up The Social and our dear friend Jose answered and filled me in on all the details. They have five bands already signed up to audition, and they plan on picking two that they like on the spot. Jose put us on the list but we are the last band, we may or may not get the shot to audition. It depends on how good the other bands are.”

“But still it’s a shot right? I mean we have a shot of actually auditioning right?” Mike asked anxious with a big smile.

“It’s a shot, but not a solid one. The audition is Wednesday afternoon. So we have two days to tighten up our sound.” Alissa paused, “So let’s get this practice started.”

“I can’t believe we are going to be auditioning for Rooney.” Carly got giddy.

Alissa smiled and just waited for Carly to give the count off for them to start. As the music began and Alissa sang, she watched each one of her band mates, Kenny was playing with his eyes shut, like he always did. Kenny was the first guy to join Carly and Alissa’s band, he worked at Disney with Carly and found out she was looking for people to join a band. Carly never thought Kenny would be the type to join a rock band, he was your typical surfer boy. Shaggy blond hair, beautiful brown eyes, tan hard body, and his spare time was filled with surfing. But once Kenny approached Carly and explained to her he’s been playing a bass guitar since he was fourteen, which meant he’s been playing for fourteen years now. We had to give him a shot and after hearing him play we had to keep him.

Alissa looked over at Carly, beating the drums with so much passion and fun. She was always so happy behind the drum set. Carly and Alissa have been friends since childhood, their parents were high school buddies who stayed as friends once they grew up as adults, they had their children play together as they grew up. Carly and Alissa are the only kids out of the bunch that stayed friends through the years. Which they laugh about today, because back when they were kids, Carly always picked on Alissa, tortured her really. Carly was six years older and all Alissa wanted was to be cool like Carly when she was younger, followed Carly and her friends around and annoying them like a little sister does. But as Alissa grew up and got her own identity, Carly and Alissa formed a tight friendship. Carly was a beautiful blond who stood at five feet six inches, she had the body that made most girls jealous, having all the right curves. But unlike most girls with beauty she didn’t have the stuck up I’m better then you attitude. She was the kick ass girl whom you wanted on your side. Carly looked up and smiled over at Alissa as Alissa continued to sing the song that was the most popular out of all their songs.

Alissa glanced over at Mike as he played the keyboard in front of him, he stared down at the keys as if he was concentrating on every touch. Mike was gorgeous in fact he was called ‘the pretty boy’ of the band. He resembled the English heart throb Orlando Bloom. It was scary how much he looked like the actor. The same long curly brown hair, dark brown puppy dog eyes, and good looks. Mike was the baby of the band. Twenty-two years of age but is the tallest. He towered over them all at six feet. His slender tall frame would make most men look awkward and geeky, but he carried himself with full confidence and it made him even more sexy. Mike was still living at home with his parents while going to college, the only band member still doing the school thing. His first priority is the band and that upsets his parents since his school is a demanding one. Mike attends the art school Full Sail. He’s studying music production. Learning to arrange and produce music. This will help the band some day.

Turning to her right she found Dan, it’s where she could always find him, playing his guitar like nobodies business. This is the band, the four people she’s spent all her time with for the past two years. They’ve done nonstop practicing and performing ever since they came as one. There has been ups and downs for the band and for each of them personally but they were never alone, they were a family and cared for each other more than they could ever vocalize. Their sound was pop rock and it was strong and contagious, full of melody and power. They wrote their own music and performed anywhere they could. Each member filled with drive and passion to make it in the music business.

In the past year they have grown a big following in the central Florida area. They have become so popular they are able to now leave the state and still have a good crowd at whatever club they play at. The internet was a big help with their connection with the fans, after they started to notice the people in the crowd were there for them and not some other band, Kenny started a website for the fans to go to and feel more connected to the band. The message board on the site is heavy activity and the fan base is no longer just in Florida, thanks to the net they have fans all over the south. This would make most bands big headed and feel they didn’t have to work as hard anymore, but not this band, it made them work even harder and strive for bigger goals.

They continued to practice the songs for that evening’s show, “You guys have to get air in this garage. I’m sweating more then a two hundred-pound football player.” Alissa fanned herself.

“Let’s take five y’all. I think an hour is a good amount of practice.” Kenny spoke as he took off his bass guitar, setting it in the case.

They all left the garage and went inside the house, the air conditioning feeling like heaven as the cool air hit them all. Everyone plopped in the living room, “Anyone want something to drink?” Carly asked from the kitchen.

She got a yes from everyone. She walked into the living room with five bottles of water. Handing each of them a bottle before she sat down in a bean bag chair. “I think we’re ready for tonight. But, I’m not sure if we’re ready for Rooney.”

She got looks from everyone, “What? You know you’re all thinking the same thing.”

“Yeah, I have been thinking about it.” Mike frowned, “Do you think we are really ready to open for a well-known band?”

Alissa sighed, “I think we are. Come on you guys, we’ve played every place we can in Florida, we’ve played in Georgia and Alabama, we are now just repeating ourselves. It’s time to step up a notch, we can’t sit in this comfort zone forever or we’ll never make it. We just have to try, if Rooney doesn’t give us the chance we need, then some other band will. But, I’m not going to sit back and just wait for someone to come find us. I want us to go out there and make them hear us. Don’t you want to get out of the south? Be heard all over the country?”

“Of course we do.” Dan responded, “But, I think some of us are just nervous of the fact we might get knocked off whatever pedestal we’ve finally got to stand firm on.”

“We get knocked off. We just stand back up. Come on, we’ve got to go in there and give it our all. That’s it. Play like we always do, if Rooney doesn’t like us. Oh well. It won’t be the end of the world.”

The discussion went on for another twenty minutes until they all felt pumped up and ready to take on anything. They chilled out for the rest of the afternoon, until they had to get ready for their show that night. Around four that afternoon they all piled their instruments into the 1988 Chevrolet Conversion van the five chipped in to buy when they started having shows outside of Florida. It only cost them three thousand and with Mike and Dan’s car smarts they were able to fix it up to be able to travel long distance. The van was in very good condition when they found it, all that it was in need of was a good cleaning and a little work under the hood. The exterior was black, maroon and silver, perfect colors for a rock band. Interior was maroon with plush seats. Tinted windows, air conditioning and a working stereo with cassette player. But the most important was it could carry all their instruments, plus them and luggage if need be, and not be too uncomfortable on long road trips.

“Everyone ready?” Kenny asked as he hopped into the driver’s seat.

“Rock on.” Dan answered.

And they were on their way to Orlando’s Back Booth club, one of their regular spots to perform in town. They arrived around five that late afternoon, knowing they’d have to set up their instruments and check the sound system. They were actually headlining this show with one other local band performing before them. That evening they stood in a circle holding hands, heads bowed, Mike started the prayer they did before every show. As the five say “Amen” Keith the club manager announces from stage, “All right, here’s the band you’ve been waiting for. You ready?” The crowd screams loud. Keith smiles and looks over to his left to make sure the band was ready. With a thumbs up he looks back to the crowd, “Give it up for Infinite!!”
Chapter 2 by RandomRambler
“I’m so nervous.” Alissa fidgeted.

“Don’t. If you get going then I’m gonna start freaking out.” Carly grabbed her stomach.

“Girls, stop. Just think of it as another gig.” Kenny pulled into the parking lot of The Social.

They all climbed out of the van, Dan and Kenny grabbed their guitars from the back of the van, while the rest walked for the door. Alissa opened the door and took a deep breath, being prepared to see her favorite band. When they entered the club, they saw two guys in suits sitting in the middle of the club watching a band on stage. Alissa’s brow creased “That’s not Rooney.”

“Maybe they’re in the back.” Mike shrugged.

Carly walked up to Jose a friend of the bands who manages the club. “Hey Carly, glad to see you guys made it.”

“Of course we made it. But, where’s Rooney?”

“Oh.. Well, I guess they’re not in town yet. So they sent people ahead to choose the opening act for them. You guys still get to audition if they don’t choose two bands before seeing you.” Jose explained.

Carly frowned, “Well, I guess that makes it less nerve racking.” she walked over to her friends, they all turned to look at her.

“So?” Alissa asked.

“They’re not here, those two guys are doing the picking.” Carly said with a shrug.

“Oh.” Alissa frowned.

“Come on girls, this is about us getting a big gig, not about meeting some band.” Dan set his guitar down.

“We know that Dan.” Carly got annoyed.

“I’m just making sure you got the right mind set.” He sat down on a bar stool in the back of the club. Mike and Kenny taking seats with him. Carly and Alissa stood a foot away to have a better view of the stage, leaning up against the banister that divided the pit from the rest of the small club. Their view is perfect for sizing up their competition. “They’re pretty good, you think they’re local?” Alissa asked Carly.

“I’ve never seen them before, probably from South Florida.”

“Thanks that’s all, next!” one of the suits announced using his hands as he spoke.

“I wonder how their connected to Rooney.” Alissa whispered.

“Probably executives of the record company or something. Someone who doesn’t know what really works for the band.” Carly spoke with negativity, making Alissa feel more nervous about their chances.

As the next band walked on to the stage, Alissa and Carly looked at each other, “They’ll get it.”

Mike walked up to the girls, “Shit, why didn’t we know Dysfunction was going to be here?”

The girls just frowned, their biggest competition in the Central Florida area was now on stage performing for the spot Infinite needed. “They’re gonna get this gig, they always get our shows.” Mike got mad.

“Chill out. There’s two spots open so we still have a shot.” Alissa spoke without taking her eyes off the stage.

“Thank you, next!” the guy shooed the band off stage. Alissa raised an eyebrow looking over at Carly. They both smiled in hope.

The next band came on and pierced everyone’s ears, the feedback was bad but the bad guitar playing was worse. It only took seconds for them to be called off the stage, making it Infinite's turn. “Next!” he called out.

“That’s us.” Dan hopped up out of his seat, grabbing his guitar. Kenny right behind him, Carly twirling her drumsticks in her hand while following the two, Alissa right behind her. Mike going for the keyboards that were set up thanks to Jose. Alissa looked over her shoulder at Carly who started the count off, “1!.. 2!... 3!..” She started the beat and the song began. Alissa playing off the two guys as much as she could with them keeping straight faces. The band did half a song before being stopped, they did great and were feeling good and confident.

“Alright, give us a minute so we can discuss some things and we’ll announce the two acts for tomorrow night.” The younger guy spoke before walking off with the other suit.

Mike broke down his keyboards while they waited. Kenny and Dan placing their guitars back into the cases. Alissa paced while biting on her lower lip, Carly twirled a drumstick as she sat on the edge of the stage. “I hate waiting.” Alissa sighed.

“The hard part is over.” Carly smiled twirling both drumsticks.

The two guys walked back out, not taking their seats, they stood in the middle of the room, with all six bands gathered around the room. “Alright we made a decision on what Rooney is looking for, the two bands that are playing tomorrow are... Dysfunction and Built By Design. You’ll need to be here tomorrow by two o clock if you want a rehearsal time. Thank you for all who came out.”

Infinite congratulated the two bands, the guys of Dysfunction enjoying their win against them as usual. The five walked out of the club and piled their stuff into the van and headed home, all quiet and down. “Well it was a good shot. We just have to keep trying.” Kenny finally spoke.

“Yeah, I guess.” Carly gloomed.

“I can’t stand those guys from Dysfunction what is it about them that is so much better then us?” Alissa showed her annoyance.

“They are an all guy rock band.” Carly replied.

“What, since there’s two girls in this band it’s not as good?” Alissa growled.

“In most peoples minds, yes.”

“It has nothing to do with you being girls. It’s about what Rooney was looking for, and it wasn’t us. Why they like harder Rock groups opening for them is beyond me. But that’s obviously what they were going for.” Mike joined the conversation.

“Did anyone find out where that Built by Design band was from?” Dan asked.

“Yeah, Tampa. They’ve been together for six months. Lucky break I guess.” Alissa answered.

They pulled up to the house, all piled out of the van. “I’m going to head home you guys.” Alissa said with a frown.

“Oh come on, don’t go home yet. We have to have a pity party. Don’t leave me alone with these guys.” Carly locked her arm with Alissa’s dragging her towards the house.

“Hey you’re the one that moved in with two guys not me.” Alissa chuckled.

“Mike you’re staying too right?” Carly asked as she looked over her shoulder seeing him unload his keyboards.

“Yeah I’ll stay.” He smiled.

“Great, we’ll have ourselves a party. Pig out and get drunk party.” Carly chuckled.

****

Alissa moaned as she opened her eyes, “Oww, my head.” she whined. She looked around seeing she never made it home the night before, her body ached from sleeping on the couch. She sat up slowly and found Mike was on the floor and she just missed stepping on him. She felt nauseous so she laid back down, “Uhhhhhhhh.”

“You going to puke?” she heard Mike muffle from the floor.

“It could be possible.”

“We gotta get to work in fifteen minutes Alissa.” Dan stumbled out of his bedroom.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Alissa held her head, then her stomach, not sure which felt worse.

“No I’m not. Come on get moving.” He went into the kitchen and put together his hangover relief concoction.

Alissa stumbled off the couch trying not to step on Mike, but fell on him instead. “Ugh. Damn girl.”

“Sorry.” She pushed off him to stand up and walked for the bathroom. When she came out Dan stood there holding the most disgusting looking drink. She scrunched her nose, “I’m not drinking that. I just need coffee.”

“If you say so. But, we don’t have time to make coffee, make it at work.” Dan headed out of the house. Alissa followed him out, “I’m not driving, you can drive. And bring me back here tonight.”

“Fine.” Dan rolled his eyes and got into his car. Alissa closed her eyes the whole way to the record store the two have worked at for three years. Dan just recently getting promoted as day manager. Making Alissa have an easier schedule then before, thanks to her connection. They worked at an underground store that carried Vinyl, CD’s, and Cassettes of rare to find music.

The afternoon was a tough one for Alissa who kept downing coffee trying to get rid of the hung over feeling. Dan feeling he had to say I told you so, would remind her she declined his drink this morning every hour on the hour as if it was a game to him. She wanted to kill him. “You should let me go home. You don’t need me here.” Alissa pouted.

“Hell no, I’d be bored if you went home.” He chuckled.

Alissa rolled her eyes, “You’re mean.”

He just smiled, “If I was mean, I could turn the music up a few more notches.”

“Please don’t.” Alissa held her head at the thought.

The phone rang and she groaned, “The Jukebox, this is Alissa how can I help you?”

“Hey girl!” Carly spoke cheerfully.

“Why are you so happy?”

“Well Kenny and I plan on going to see Rooney tonight, figured if we can’t perform we should at least enjoy the show. So did you want to go with us?”

“Duh, of course I do. I want to kidnap Robert and take him home with me.” Alissa smiled at the thought.

“Cool, so you’re coming back here after work right?” Carly threw a twizzler at Kenny who was tormenting her.
“You’re such a dork, that’s why I broke up with you.” she chuckled.

“What?” Alissa got confused.

“Not you. Kenny.” Carly laughed.

“Oh, what was the question again?”

Carly laughed, “You gotta sober up girl, you’re seeing Rooney tonight.”

“I know.” She sighed. “I’ll be at your house after work. I’d be there earlier but Dan the man won’t allow me to go home early.”

“How would you get there? I drove you remember?” Dan raised his brow.

“Oh that’s right. I’m stuck.”

“Excuse me, you can talk to him later, I’m on the phone here.” Carly brought Alissa back to her.

“Yeah, what do you want?” Alissa chuckled slightly.

“Nothing. Just wanted to see if you wanted to go, you do, so that’s all. Talk to you later.” Carly hung up the phone.

“How is it her and Kenny didn’t have to work today? I thought Disney slave drove their employee’s.”

Dan laughed, “Good question.”

“You gonna go with us to see Rooney tonight?”

“Y’all going?” Dan creased his brow.

“Kenny, Carly and I are.” Alissa smiled.

“Nah, I’d rather crash early.” Dan nodded.

The day went by slow, along with Alissa’s hangover recovery. Once Dan and her got home, she found Carly and Kenny all ready for the nights concert, “Get ready so we can head out, it’s going to be nasty traffic on I- 4.” Kenny explained.

“Alright, Carly can I borrow some clothes?” Alissa asked.

“Help yourself.” Carly motioned for her to go, Carly was busy watching a movie to give too much attention.

Alissa grabbed some clothes took a quick shower and the three left by six. They were on their way to enjoy a night with Rooney.
Chapter 3 by RandomRambler
Kenny, Carly and Alissa walked into the packed club and squeezed their way closer to the stage, only being able to get half way they stood their ground. “This is crazy.” Carly smiled big with excitement.

“Looks like Rooney has a good following here. To bad we’re not playing.” Alissa frowned.

“Girl let it go, so we didn’t get the gig. Least you are seeing the band.” Kenny showed the bright side.

“Very true.” Alissa smiled.

Built By Design was the first act, and the crowd didn’t seem too interested. They were okay but not your typical sound for Rooney fans. “Should have been us.”Carly laughed.

Alissa just nodded, the band went on for thirty minutes to long and when they finally left the stage the crowd started to chant “Rooney! Rooney!” but, unfortunately Rooney wasn’t next. Dysfunction still had to go on before Rooney, when the three heard Boos from the crowd before the band even started, they knew that there was some Infinite fans in the audience which made the three chuckle. Kenny stood on the other side of Carly with his arms crossed as he watched the stage. Carly and Alissa kept making faces at each other trying to amuse themselves while the band they couldn’t stand performed. They got a forty minute set and had a few fans in the audience, but mainly wasn’t getting any love from the crowd who just wanted to see Rooney. Alissa and Carly would clap for the band knowing they would want the same respect in return but they didn’t enjoy the show. Once Dysfunction left the stage the crowd went back to chanting, Carly and Alissa joining in, “Rooney! Rooney!” the girls would giggle from time to time especially when they tried to get Kenny to join in. “I don’t think so.” He shook his head.

“Oh my god, you guys are from the band Infinite right?” a girl asked who was walking away from the stage but ran into the three, stopping her from continuing on her journey. All three smiled and nodded. “I saw you guys at the Back Booth the other night, you guys rocked. Why aren’t you performing tonight?”

“We didn’t get picked, but we tried out. So you having fun tonight?” Alissa changed the subject.

“Not so far, the two opening acts suck.” The girl made a face of disgust.

“You a big Rooney fan?” Kenny asked.

“Hell yeah, I saw them a few months back when they played here. I was hooked immediately.”

“I know the feeling.” Alissa chuckled.

“We’re huge fans as well.” Carly smiled.

“Way cool. You performing anytime soon?” the fan asked.

“Nothing planned at the moment but check our site we post our shows as soon as we find out where we’re playing.” Carly promoted the site.

“Awesome. Well I gotta get something to drink. Nice meeting you.”

“You too.” The three responded, now all wearing smiles.

Ten minutes passed and Jose came out on stage with a big smile and mic in hand, “You ready to get this place really rockin’?!” The crowd roared, “You sure?” he chuckled as the place got just as loud. “Welcome to the stage, Rooney!!” Alissa and Carly clapped and screamed as the band walked on to the stage. The band starting the show with Carly’s favorite song ‘Simply Because’ and what a great choice, it got the crowd pumped right from the beginning. Alissa and Carly singing along with Robert while bopping their heads to the music and just having a great time. The concert went on with them playing all the songs off their debut album, with an added two songs from the up coming album. The three friends had a great time at the show, even though it got a little warm in the club along with a little too crowded. After Rooney stepped off the stage, the three decided to go get a drink and chill out while they wait for the place to calm down.

Rooney came out about fifteen minutes later and had girls surrounding them wanting autographs. Robert the lead singer with the most people wanting his attention had to go off to a corner by himself, trying to not interrupt other people in the venue. The other four in the band split in to two groups and gave autographs and pictures for the fans, while Robert was doing the same in the corner. Carly and Alissa watched from a far, not wanting to bother the band but thought it was cool how much support they had from so many people. Kenny came back to the table with another round of drinks, “You two going to meet the band?”

“Nah.” Carly didn’t hesitate.

“They have enough groupies, they don’t need two more.” Alissa chuckled.

“It got hella hot in this place.” Carly twisted up her shoulder length wavy blond hair into a claw clip.

“Yeah it’s all the people smashed into a small space.” Kenny took a sip of his beer.

“Really Sherlock? You sure that’s the reason?” Alissa got smart. In which Kenny gave her the middle finger in silence making Alissa laugh.

Two guys came up to their table as they were chuckling about something, “Um, I don’t mean to bother you, but you’re Carly and Alissa right?” The dark haired guy asked.

“Uh, yeah that’s us.” Carly smiled a little confused of what they wanted.

“I thought so, and you’re Kenny.” The blond guy smiled.

“Yeah, can we help you?” Kenny also confused.

“Not really, we just wanted to tell you that we love the album. I’ve seen you guys in concert probably fifteen times or so. I can’t even keep track anymore. Big fan of your music.” The dark haired guy rambled on in praise.

“Oh that’s awesome, thank you for your support.” Alissa beamed.

“No thank you, you’re the best Orlando based band and I’m just glad you guys perform so much around here.”

“Yeah, a few of us try to hit all your shows if we can. And every show seems like it’s the first time.” The blond joined in on the gushing.

“Very cool.” Kenny nodded his thanks.

“That’s always nice to hear, thanks. What’s your names?” Carly asked.

“I’m Kurt, and this is my friend Dave.” The dark haired young man introduced as he was obviously excited to be meeting them.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” Carly shook their hands, Alissa followed in suit. Kenny just gave a nod knowing the two guys were more interested in the girls.

“Could we get your autographs?” Dave asked shyly.

“Absolutely.” Alissa smiled pulling out a sharpie, the band was use to getting this request from their fans. They had a huge following in the Orlando area and was asked for pictures and autographs quite often when ever they were out and about. All three signed a napkin for both guys, then thanked them. The two guys walked off and a few minutes later some girls approached, they did small talk and then got a picture with the three.

“We’re popular tonight.” Carly laughed.

“Looks like.” Kenny smiled.

“I thought that one girl was going to sit in your lap.” Alissa chuckled to Kenny.

“Me too, she has a big crush on you Kenny.” Carly giggled.

Kenny rolled his eyes trying to play it off, but his blushing cheeks gave him away, making the girls laugh more. Kenny looked out across the crowd and then cleared his throat, “Play it cool girls.”

“Huh?” Carly asked but wasn’t able to be answered as Ned Brower the drummer of Rooney stood at their table, “Hey, I hear you guys are in a band.”

Alissa and Carly both with mouths open and not able to speak, Kenny chuckled reaching his hand out to take Ned’s, “Yeah we’re a local band. I’m Kenny.”

“Ned, nice to meet you.” he looked to the girls, and gave a smile.

“Nice to meet you Ned, I’m Alissa this is Carly.” Alissa knowing Carly wasn’t going to be able to speak especially since it was Ned in front of them, Carly’s favorite of the band.

“Can I sit here?” he asked pointing to the empty seat in between Kenny and Alissa.

“Sure.” Alissa smiled.

Ned took a seat before speaking, “What kind of band are you?”

“Pop rock like Rooney.” Alissa answered keeping a grin.

“Rad, so who’s what in the band?” He asked pointing around the table.

“Bass.” Kenny pointed to himself while answering.

“Drums.” Carly smiled and barely able to breath.

“Lead vocals.” Alissa gave a half smile, “We have two others but they didn’t come tonight.”

“I take it you have a good following in the area.” Ned leaned back in his seat, making two chair legs to leave the ground.

“We have a great fan base here in the Central Florida area.” Kenny responded with a smile.

“We have a good fan base pretty much in the south actually. It just seems to keep growing. But yeah it’s the strongest here in the local area.”Carly added.

“Yeah I know how that works, we had it like that when we first started in California.. L.A. was where our strongest fan base was. Actually it still holds that title.” Ned still leaning back, he nodded his head with his last comment.

“We actually have had a similar existence as Rooney so far. Just haven’t been signed yet.” Alissa smirked

“You will. Just keep working and spreading the word. Promoting your band is very important.” Ned set his chair down on the floor.

“We’re trying.” Carly smiled.

“So what’s the bands name?” Ned raised an eyebrow.

“Infinite.” Kenny smiled with the answer.

“Great name. Wait, did you guys try out for our opening act?” Ned creased his brow.

All three frowned, “Yeah we did. But apparently we didn’t get the gig.” Alissa gave a nervous chuckle.

“That sucks, you guys have a demo or something I can give a listen?”

“Yeah, out in our van we have a few. We’ve got a website too, the address is on the back of the album. I’ll go get you a copy.” Kenny got up from the table excited and walked out of the club. Leaving the girls with Ned.

“Did you enjoy the show tonight?” Ned started playing the table with his hands tapping the table top like a drum.

“Of course, you guys are always awesome.” Alissa beamed.

“I don’t know about that. But thanks.” He chuckled.

Two girls walked up to the table a little hesitant, Alissa looked over and smiled, putting them at ease, “Ned? Could we get your autograph?” they asked.

“Sure.” he took their cd cover and pulled out his sharpie from his pocket. Signing both cd covers and handing them back to the girls.

“Alissa, Carly we love Infinite, can we get your autographs too?”

Alissa and Carly a little shocked but pleased, “Of course. But do you have something for us to sign?”

Carly got up from the table and came back with a couple napkins, “This will do.” she chuckled.

“Thank you so much.” The girls smiled as they watched Carly and Alissa sign the napkins then switch to sign the other. “If you wait a second, Kenny will be back and you can meet him.” Carly informed the girls.

“Awesome, is Dan here?” one of the girls asked.

Alissa smiled, “Nope sorry sweetie. He’s at home tonight.”

“Can you tell him I think he’s amazing?”

“Sure thing.” Alissa kept her smile.

Kenny came back to the table and handed the demo cd to Ned, “Here you go. We’ve got only five tracks on that one. But you can hear more on our site.”

“Cool.” Ned nodded then looked over the cd.

“Ken, these girls wanted to meet you. I’m sorry we never got your names.” Carly stopped to look up at the girls.

“Katie, and this is my friend Natalie.”

“It’s nice to meet you two.” Kenny smiled at them, shaking their hands then sitting down.

“Can we get your autograph?” Natalie asked hesitant as she showed him the already signed napkin.

“I’d be honored.” He took the napkins, “Natalie right?” He asked waiting for her answer, when she nodded with a smile, he wrote her name at the top of the napkin before adding his signature, then handing it to her, Doing the same with Katie’s making both girls very happy.

“Thank you.” they gushed and walked off.

“Do you guys have any shows coming up?” Ned asked.

“No, we had our last scheduled show a couple days ago. Now we’re trying to figure if we want to play the area again or hit some venues we haven’t been too, maybe out of state.” Alissa explained.

“That’s cool.” He paused looking around the club, “Why don’t you three come join me and the rest of the guys. I’m sure they’d like to meet you.”

The three looked at each other and Kenny made the decision for them by standing up taking his beer, “Show the way.”

Carly and Alissa grabbed their drinks and followed the two guys across the club where two tables were pushed together with Rooney sitting with some of Dysfunction and people they didn’t know. Alissa looked over at Carly who was also with a fake smile after seeing the other band. “Hey guys, I found some band members of that band a few of the fans were talking about.” Ned chimed in as he took a seat at the table. Getting everyone’s attention before his introduction, “This is Carly, Kenny and Alissa.” In return he did a quick intro to his band mates and crew. The three took a seat where ever they could find one. Doing their best to not sit too close to the band members of Dysfunction. Carly sat near Ned who happened to be sitting by Louie the keyboardist of Rooney. Kenny sat down at the other end of the table where he could talk to the lead guitarist of Rooney and that also meant he would have to deal with the lead singer of Dysfunction. Alissa was doing her best to play it cool when she sat down next to Robert her favorite Rooney band member. She found herself sitting in between him and Matt Winter who plays Bass guitar for the band. Everyone chit chatted the night away, drinking and talking music. It made the hours fly by. Jose keeping the place open for the band, but had the rest of the costumers leave at closing hour. No one allowed to really get personal with each other since there was so many of them, but everyone was able to hold good conversations. It was four in the morning by the time Carly, Kenny and Alissa headed home. All praying they’d make it home alive, not due to alcohol but more over the fact they were so tired. Once they got home, Alissa crashed on their couch once again.
Chapter 4 by RandomRambler
“Ned was so hot, and I’m so proud of myself I didn’t fumble over my words or my feet.” Carly giggled.

“I’m happy for you Carly.” Dan chuckled while eating his cereal.

“Ugh, I don’t want to go to work this morning, I just want to crawl back in bed and dream about Ned.” Carly giggled again.

Dan rolled his eyes, while shaking his head.

“Is she still gushing over last night?” Kenny came into the living room.

“She hasn’t stopped. I’m surprised Alissa is still sleeping.” Dan chuckled.

“We’re gonna be late Carly if we don’t get going.” Kenny tossed the van keys in the air and caught them.

“I’m ready.” She sighed pushing herself out of the bean bag chair.

“Have a good day kids.” Dan grinned.

“You gonna come visit us today?” Carly asked as she grabbed her backpack.

Dan just shrugged, not giving her an answer. Carly walked out of the house following Kenny, Disney was strict about being on time. Carly found that out the first month she worked there. No matter how strict the rules were she loved working at the Magic Kingdom. To be able to work at her favorite ride Pirates of the Caribbean and seeing families enjoy the ride as much as she always has, brought a smile to her face every time.

“Are they finally gone?” Alissa grumbled.

“You’re awake?” Dan asked a little surprised.

“Like I could sleep with chatty Cathy in the room.” Alissa sat up.

“Well she’s gone now.” He smiled getting out of the recliner and heading to the kitchen to put his bowl in the sink.

Alissa pushed herself off the couch, “I’m gonna head to my place. See ya later.” She grabbed her messenger bag and headed out the door while digging in the bag for her car keys.


Carly got home from work around six that evening and as usual she got on the computer the three shared. First checking her email and not finding anything too interesting she decided to go check the band email account and found three emails. One subject was for Dan so she didn’t open it, the first email was from today with subject ‘Great album’. She opened the email with a smile, figuring it was a new fan.

Yo Infinite!
This is Ned, from Rooney. I met some of you at the /r/ show last night and got you’re demo from Kenny. I’ve been listening to it all day, it’s RAD! You got a great sound, I’d love to hear more. It’s to bad you won’t be doing any shows in Florida this week, we’d love to see you do your thing on stage. Maybe some other time. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to hearing more of Infinite.
Keep Rockin’!
Ned


“OhMyGod!” Carly bounced in her chair.

“What’s going on?” Kenny came into the office that was better known as ‘Infinite head quarters’.

“Ned emailed us about the album. He loved it!” Carly squealed.

“Right on, let me read it.” Kenny looked over her shoulder and read the email with a smile. “That’s so fucking cool.”

“I gotta call Alissa .” Carly grabbed the phone, dialing quickly.

“Yeah Hello?”

“You won’t believe who emailed us.” Carly’s excitement heard.

“Huh?” Alissa was confused.

“I was checking the band email and Ned from Rooney emailed us! He loves our music!”

Alissa laughed, “You excited Carly?”

“Aren’t you!?”

“Yeah, that’s really cool. So what exactly did he say?”

“Well just that we have a great sound and that he wish he could see us live. Oh and that he can’t wait to hear more from us.” Carly’s cheeks started to hurt from smiling too much.

“Wow, that’s cool. To bad we have no gigs.” Alissa frowned.

“Girl, why aren’t you more excited? I’m like ready to burst.”

“I’m well aware.” Alissa laughed, “I don’t know, I guess I’m still disappointed about not opening for them.”

“But we got to hang with Rooney and they’ve heard our music. That’s still something. This is a big step, just not exactly the step we were hoping for but it’s still something.” Carly pressed.

“Yeah I know. I’m excited, I hope that’s not the last we hear of them. So are we going to work on the new material tomorrow? I also want to get together with the band and work out schedules. I want us to book some more shows.”

“I have no plans tomorrow, hold on.” She moved the phone to look over at Kenny who was sitting on the floor of the office unpacking boxes of Infinite merchandise. “Ken you doing anything tomorrow?”

“No.” He looked up at Carly, “Why?”

“Band time.” Carly answered before putting the phone back to her ear, “Well Kenny and I will be here. Call Mike and I’ll ask Dan when he gets home.”

“Cool. I’ll talk to you later.” Alissa hung up.

“Do you think I should reply?” Carly stared at the computer screen.

“Sure, let him know we appreciate his feedback.” Kenny continued to unpack boxes.

Carly hit reply.

Ned,

Great to hear from you. Ken, Alissa and I had a great time last night, and very happy to hear feedback on our album. It means a lot to get positive feedback from a band we admire. We’re kicking ourselves for not having any shows right now for you to see. Maybe next time you’re in the area. Once again thanks for your kind words.

Carly (drummer of Infinite)


As she hit the sent button she felt butterflies in her stomach and then giggled to herself, “I’m such a dork.”

“You talking to yourself?” Ken reminding her he was in the room. Carly turned the computer chair to face the middle of the room so she could look at him. “You need help with that?”

“Nah, I’m just going to fill the containers so when we have another show we don’t have to rush and do it then. Besides I have nothing better to do.”

“Alrighty.” Carly turned back in her seat and clicked off the browser before walking out of the office.


Alissa sat in her apartment alone, sitting in front of the computer, not feeling like checking the band site. She decided to check out Rooney’s site to see what they were doing the next couple days. When their site opened, there was nothing new on the front page so she decided to go to their message board and see what the Florida fans thought of last nights show. She read a few reviews most the fans not caring for the opening acts. A few liked Dysfunction but mainly they posted about how great Rooney was. After reading two different threads she found that Ned posted on the board this morning so she clicked on the thread ‘Hey’.

Subject: Rock on Orlando..
Time: 11:23 am

We had a great time last night in Orlando, awesome show. The fans were pumped and that just gave us more energy. We couldn’t believe how packed the show was. Thank you for coming out to see us. We met a lot of you last night and got a lot of comments about how you didn’t like the opening acts. Sorry you didn’t like them. We didn’t pick the bands for that show. Though we didn’t think they were all that bad either. Maybe not you’re taste of music. Another thing that was commented about a lot last night was a local band called Infinite. After a few of you commented about how awesome they are and that they should have opened for /r/ I got curious of who this band was. Thanks to one fan Kurt, I found out that some of Infinite was actually at the show. I had a chance to meet three of them and hang for the night. Cool bunch of people, wish I could have met the whole band. They gave me their demo and I have to be honest, I can’t stop listening to it. I got the others to check it out and we are all in agreement this band rocks. So go check them out if your in the area, if you aren’t a Florida native check their site out, this band is kick ass www.infinite-band.com.
We have a show tonight in Tampa hope to see some of you there. Ned


“Right on!” Alissa picked up the phone dialing the house.

“Yeah?”

“Dan, tell Carly that she needs to check out the Rooney message board. Ned posted about our band.”

“Really?” Dan smiled.

“Yeah turns out our fans were talking about us to Rooney and that’s why he came to talk to us last night. He also stated that Rooney loves our music. So that’s totally cool.” Alissa beamed.

“Hold on,” He moved the phone to his chest covering the receiver, “CARLY!! CAAR-LLYY!!”

“What!?” Carly yelled from her room.

“Alissa , says you need to read the Rooney message board. Ned posted about us!” Dan relayed the message before bringing the phone to his ear, “K, Done she knows.”

“Cool. So how was work today? Was it busy?”

“Just the usual Friday. Not much action until after four. So I only had to deal with that for an hour before heading home. Dean is gonna have a busy night though since we had a good shipment come in this afternoon.”

“Glad it’s him and not me.”Alissa chuckled, “Hey did Carly tell you I want to get the band together tomorrow and work stuff out?”

“Yeah, I’ll be here until later that night. I’ve got plans in the evening.”

“Got a date?” Alissa raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, you can say that.”

“I just did. Hey put Carly on.”

“Carly! Phone!”

“Ugh, you’re very annoying.” Carly huffed walking into the living room, annoyed with all the yelling. She took the phone from Dan and walked out of the living room into the office, “What’s up?”

“Nothin’ just waiting for you’re reaction on Ned’s message.” Alissa smiled, “If I flipped I know you will.” she chuckled.

“You flipped?” Carly raised an eyebrow. Waiting for the site to come up.

“Yeah it was a nice post. I’m reading the fans replies and some of our fans commented, nice stuff. And others said they’ll check us out. So it’s great promotion.”

“He’s so sweet. Oh by the way, I emailed him back thanking him for his feedback on our album.” Carly smiled as she opened the message board.

“Good. So you there yet?”

“Just scrolling through looking for his post. Ah, there it is.” She opened it and read, leaving Alissa with silence until a giggle or awe came out of Carly’s mouth. “That was so sweet of him. I love that man.” Carly sighed with a smile.

Alissa chuckled, “I’m completely aware. Well that’s all I wanted. Tata.”

Carly set the phone on the desk and leaned back in the chair with a permanent smile, “I love Rooney.”
Chapter 5 by RandomRambler
Mike walked into the house late Saturday afternoon, finding the rest of his band mates sitting around talking. “What’s going on? What have I missed?”

“Well, Carly and I finished a song thanks to the help of Dan. And we have been just talking about set lists and site stuff. You haven’t missed too much, we’ve been waiting on you for schedule talk.” Alissa informed.

“Sorry I’m late. I had lab time at school.” Mike sat on the floor near Dan and Carly.

“What time is it?” Dan asked to no one in particular as he looked over at the VCR clock. “Damn it’s only one? Feels like it should be much later.”

“We keeping you?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“No, but I will admit I’m getting antsy with no shows lined up.”

“We all are.” Mike sighed.

The five made out their Band calender in a well used day planner they use only for the band. Putting a line through days they can’t perform due to work or other plans. This way they can sit down and call clubs and not have to worry about over booking themselves. It’s been the best thing they’ve come up with when it comes to organizing the band. “So basically we are going to have more week day shows this month then weekend.” Carly commented while looking over the planner.

“It doesn’t matter, just as long as we get to play.” Ken enforced.

“True.” she shrugged.

The phone rang, Dan reached for the phone, “Make some noise.”

The caller chuckled, “Good song, can I speak with Kenny?”

“Yeah, hold on.” Dan reached his arm out towards Ken, “For you.”

Kenny grabbed the phone, “This is Ken.”

“What’s up man? This is Ned from Rooney.”

Ken got a smirk, “Not much. How’s it going on your end?”

“Partying like a rock star. Look here’s the thing. Rooney needs a strong opening act for some up coming dates. It’s only three shows but we’d like you guys to open for us. What do you say?”

Ken’s eyes got wide, “Uh I’ll have to talk that over with the band. First where are these shows?”

That got the attention of the rest of the room, all excited having any show at this point. They stared down Ken who listened to everything the caller had to say. Kenny finally put the person on hold and filled the band in. “Alright do we have this next week clear? Cause we can book three gigs out of state right now. Two Georgia dates and one Alabama date. We’d have to leave tomorrow to perform tomorrow night in Athens, Georgia.”

Carly looked down at the planner, “Well the only thing is two of us have to work on Monday, but that’s the only day that’s a problem. Dan can you get that day off?”

“Yeah I’ll work it out.” He nodded.

“Alright, well I’ll just switch with someone or call in sick so yeah we can book those days.” Carly smiled.

Ken brought the phone up to his ear, “Looks like we can do it. Thank you so much for this opportunity.”

“No problem man, We’re looking forward to having you on the tour. See you tomorrow.” Ned smiled.

“See you tomorrow.” Ken hung up the phone.

“So who was that?” Alissa curious to whom would want them out of state.

“Oh, no one really. Just Ned from Rooney.” He smiled at the end of his sentence.

Carly and Alissa’s mouths dropped. They looked at each other then screamed. “AHHHH! OhMyGod! We’re Opening For Rooney!!” They got up to jumped up and down while holding hands and squealing about. The guys all smiling and just as excited but playing it cool.

Carly and Alissa pounced on Kenny giving him kisses and hugs showing their thanks for taking that call. “I can’t believe this. Can you believe this!?” Carly sat back catching her breath.

“It’s unbelievable. Dude, did he say how he got our number?” Mike asked.

“Our website.” Ken smiled.

“Oh God, we need to practice.” Alissa’s face got flushed, “We’re not ready, This is Rooney, we’re opening for Rooney.”

“Alright girl, before you puke, remember this is exactly what we wanted.” Ken fanned Alissa with his hand.

“We have to get packed, and rehearse. So what first?” Dan pushed up off the couch.

“Rehearse.” everyone agreed.

The band rehearsed for an hour making sure each song they planned on doing tomorrow night will be 110% ready. “I think the best thing for us to do now is go pack and get to bed early. We have to drive to Georgia tomorrow and our sound check is at one in the afternoon so we have to leave here early.” Ken took charge.

“Yeah, I agree. I’m gonna pack then post on our site the tour dates. So the fans around the area will be able to come out and see us.” Mike informed his plans.

“Sounds all good. Come pick me up as early as you need to. Just give me a call a head of time.” Alissa couldn’t take the smile off her face. “This is going to be the best week of our lives.” She announced before getting in her car.

Everyone went their ways to get ready for the biggest tour of the bands life. Only three gigs but the most important gigs they will be playing in the bands history to date. The pressure was kicking in and all was feeling the nerves. The next morning came very early, The van pulled up to Alissa’s apartment at four-thirty in the morning. She was barely awake as she piled her two bags into the van. She crawled all the way into the back seat of the van where she got to stretch out and have the seat to herself. Falling right back asleep. The only two awake in the van were the two up front, Ken and Dan.


“How much farther?” Mike asked as he yawned.

“Well it’s a seven hour drive. And we’ve only been on the road for two so figure it out.” Dan grumbled, while they waited for Ken to fill the gas tank.

“Dan you want me to sit up there so you can sleep? I can keep Ken awake for awhile.” Carly offered.

“Yeah, I could use the sleep.” Dan climbed out of the front seat, making his way to the back seat where Carly and him had to squeeze pass each other. Carly sat in the drivers seat figuring it’d be a good break for Ken also.
The drive felt very long since it’s been awhile from the last time they did a trip to Athens. Everyone taking turns behind the wheel. Making sure all had a good rest so they would be fresh for the show that evening. As they pulled into the parking lot of 40 Watt, the club they will be playing tonight, Everyone perked up. “Looks like Rooney is already here.” Carly smiled.

“Think they’re awake?” Alissa laughed, knowing that most likely they weren’t.

“It’s one-thirty they probably are just now waking up.” Mike entered the conversation.

“Let’s make sure we still have sound check time. We’re thirty minutes late.” Ken frowned, showing his worry.

The band emerged from the van, all stretching their bodies and happy to be out of the vehicle. Carly, Alissa and Dan hung around the back of the van. The back doors open showing their instruments and luggage. Dan sat on the edge of the bumper, resting his arm on one of his amps. “At least we made it.”

Carly and Alissa smiled over at him, “Yep.” both looking back over at the bus.

He chuckled, “Hoping to see someone?”

“No.” Carly stuck her tongue out at Dan.

Ken and Mike joined the three at the back of the van, “Let’s unload they’re allowing us to do sound check. The other band ended up taking our time so we could have their time once we got here.”

“Who’s the other band?”

“Everybody Else.”

Alissa’s mouth dropped, “What? No way.” she began to bounce with giddiness.

“I thought they only did California shows.” Dan creased his brow.

“Looks like their getting out.” Mike shrugged.

“This is so cool. They’re an unsigned band as well. And great music, I can’t wait to see them live.” Alissa still in the middle of her excitement.

“Well, she’s happy.” Carly laughed.

“Look who’s talking.” Ken teased.

The five walked into the 40 Watt club once owned by one of the guys from REM. A club with much musical history. Bigger then it appears on the outside, a typical stage size for small clubs. But the rest of the place made up for the small stage. Two bars, a back lounge, and for the performers there was three dressing rooms along with a third bar in the back lounge. The main club floor was a good size for about eight hundred people to squeeze in, the ceiling had streaming light bulbs hanging, giving you the feel of being out in the middle of a street party. Alissa saw a tall skinny guy near the stage, when he turned around she knew it was Carrick the lead singer of Everybody Else. She smiled as she and the band we’re heading for the stage to set up their equipment. “Who’s the drummer of the band?” Mike the drummer of E.B.E. asked coming out of no where.

Carly lifted her drumsticks, “That would be me.”

“Ned doesn’t like having to break down and reset up his drums before doing a show. So if it’s alright with you, all three of us use his drums, you can adjust them to fit your style. But he’d be happy if we just use his drums so there’s no long stage set up in between acts.”

“That’s fine, I can play any drum in front of me.” Carly smiled.

“Anything else we need to know?” Dan asked as he stepped on the stage with guitar in hand.

“You use your own amps, mics, guitars, etc. Rooney’s pretty easy to open for, they want everyone to have a good time and have a good show.” Carrick responded with a smile.

“Cool, thanks.” Dan nodded.

“By the way, We’re Infinite. That’s Dan over there. Ken, Mike and you’ve sorta met Carly already. And I’m Alissa.”

“I’m Carrick and that’s Mike. We have a third but he’s missing at the moment.” Carrick chuckled.

“It’s nice to meet you both. I’m a big fan of your band.” Alissa smiled.

“Really? Didn’t know anyone knew we existed outside of Cali.” Mike smiled back.

“You’d be surprised, to be honest I didn’t know who you were until I found Rooney. But like most of their fans, I came across a lot of great California bands thanks to them.” Alissa explained.

“It’s good to know. They’re good friends of ours, Rooney and us have been struggling musicians for years. So that means, a lot of duo shows around L.A.. This is our first tour outside the state of California. We’ve only done one show so far on this tour. And we had a pretty good response. Is this your first time playing for Rooney?” Carrick staying in the conversation.

“Yep, we met them a few days ago, and now we’re opening for them. It’s all a little surreal.” Carly chuckled.

“I know what you mean.. Well we’ll let you get set up and see you later.” Mike and Carrick walked off, leaving Infinite setting up their amps and mics, talking with the sound guy to adjust the sounds to their liking before really starting sound check. With Carly not having to set up her drums it didn’t take as long as usual for them to start sound check.

“How much time do we get?” Alissa talked into the mic over at Paul, the sound guy.

He looked at his watch, “Rooney doesn’t do sound check for another two hours.”

“Great, well if it’s okay I’d like to do at least three songs.”

He motioned for her to do her thing. “You guys ready?” Alissa asked the band.

“Ready when you are.” Carly twirled a drumstick in her right hand.

“Let’s do ‘Mystery’, ‘Lonesome’, and ‘Moment’.” Alissa made eye contact with each member of the band, making sure everyone was cool with the songs. Sound check went pretty well, only a few glitches with feedback and Alissa messing up on the words of Lonesome. Sound check only took thirty minutes to get through, they were all happy with the sound. Breaking from the stage and wandering the club, Carly and Alissa headed outside to enjoy the sun while the guys went to find the dressing room they’ll be using for the day. “I still can’t believe we’re here opening for Rooney.” Carly smiled over at Alissa.

“It’s so crazy. I wish they’d come alive so we can thank them for having us.” Alissa took a seat on the cement parking lot, leaning up against the black brick wall of the club.

“I want to watch their sound check.” Carly spoke honestly.

The two girls passed the time chatting about various things while waiting for Rooney to come off the bus just a few feet away, there was a few Rooney fans wandering around outside, Carly and Alissa blending in well with them, the Georgia sun was feeling good against their skin, and both were unable to stop smiling, happy to be living out their dream.
Chapter 6 by RandomRambler
Carly and Alissa were in the middle of their giggle fest about nothing as usual when the band Rooney came climbing off their bus. All very foggy minded from just waking up. Robert and Taylor walked right pass the girls and into the club. Carly looked over at the other three who were following them into the club, Alissa followed her eye view and gave a smile as she watched them disappear inside. Just as Ned was about to go in, he looked over and noticed the girls. He gave them a smile and turned, forgetting about going inside.

“Hey you two.” He kept his smile, taking two steps over to the girls, now standing over them.

“Hey Ned, just getting up?” Carly asked.

“Yep. So where’s the rest of the band?”

“Somewhere inside.” Alissa smiled up at him shielding her eyes from the sun.

“Sweet, how about you two girls come and introduce me to the rest of the band?”

“We can do that.” Carly said without hesitation.

Carly and Alissa managed to get up off the ground both brushing off their bottoms in case of any dirt that could be on their clothes. Ned waiting for them to lead the way, Alissa took the lead as Carly walked side by side with Ned. As the three stepped into the club Alissa’s attention was drawn across the room near the stage where Robert was talking to the manager of 40 Watt. A smile of appreciation across his face as he stood there listening to every word the man spoke, giving a hand shake and a nod Robert continued to listen to the man who spoke loud enough to be heard through out the room. He was speaking of how happy he is that Rooney decided to return to the club and how great it is that their success has grown so much since the last time visiting. Robert leaning his weight on his left leg with his left hand resting on his hip while the other ran across his unshaven chin. Robert’s attention always respectfully towards the man who was so thrilled to be speaking with him. Alissa kept walking but not taking her eyes off Robert he looked over at her and gave a smile, just as she smacked into a hard surface.

“I was trying to tell you.” Carly giggled.

“What?” Alissa looked at Carly then over at the man who was still hanging on to her making sure she was sturdy enough for her own two feet. His shaggy dark hair and scruffy beard through her for a moment before she remembered who he was, “I’m sorry Matt. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” Alissa’s cheeks turning pink from embarrassment.

“It’s alright, I never complain about running into beautiful women.” He smirked.

Alissa smiled, “You think I’m beautiful?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Oh good grief.” Carly rolled her eyes, “Keep moving girl, we are on a mission remember?” Carly placed her hands on both Alissa’s shoulders as she pushed her to keep walking.

“Later Matt.” Alissa waved with a smile as she was being pushed away. He just gave a half wave before chuckling.

“Do you even know where you’re going?” Carly stopped pushing.

“Not really, I’m just going on a hunch that the dressing rooms are through this door.” Alissa answered opening a door that was across stage right.

“You’d be correct.” Ned reassured.

“See, I’ve got good direction.” Alissa smiled proud.

“Good girl Lassie, What’s that? Timmy’s trapped in a well?” Carly spoke to Alissa like she was a dog, a collie to be exact. Patting Alissa’s head before she laughed.

Alissa looked at Carly not amused then smiled, “Ruff!” she barked and panted.

Carly and Ned both laughed as they walked pass her, Alissa now trailing them. Carly reading the doors, first door reading ‘E.B.E.’ the second door read; ‘Infinite’ “Here we are.” Carly opened the door and walked through with a smile as Ned followed.

“Ooh, do you realize this means we are sandwiched by two hot bands?” Alissa beamed as she walked into the dressing room.

“Only you would look at it that way Alissa.” Dan rolled his eyes.

“You’re a little frisky aren’t you?” Ned chuckled.

Alissa just responded with her eyebrows, moving them up and down playfully. She fell into the couch that was already being used by Mike, “Sure you can sit here.” he laughed.

“Thanks.” Alissa smiled up at him, her head resting in his lap while her legs hung over the couch arm.

“Alright, That’s Mike a.k.a Alissa’s pillow.” Carly started the introduction. Ned just smiled over at Mike giving a nod. “And that’s Dan. You met Kenny already.. Mike and Dan this is Ned, Rooney’s drummer.”

“Nice to meet you.” Mike put his hand out to shake, Ned having to take four steps over to shake his hand.

“Yeah, thanks for giving us a chance to open for you guys. Very cool of you.” Dan stood up from the comfy chair to shake Ned’s hand.

“We’re happy to have you here. So who does what in the band?” Ned asked curious.

“I’m lead guitar. Mike is Keys and back-up vocals.” Dan answered as he went back to sit down.

“And you’re drums,” He pointed to Carly as he worked his memory, “You’re Bass and Alissa you do all the singing. Right?” Ned raised an eyebrow of question.

“Pretty much. Cept Carly also sings back-up with Mike.” Alissa informed.

“Very cool, I can’t wait to see you guys live. I really enjoyed the album, it’s actually still in my disc player.”

“Sweet.” The five smiled.

“Well, I gotta find my band. I’m sure I’m being cursed right now.” Ned teased, “Later.” He gave a wave before walking out of the room.

Carly fell into the couch with a sigh, “He’s so cute.”

“Are we going to hear this for three days?” Ken questioned from across the room.

Alissa laughed, “Yes.” answering for Carly, who just scowled.

A knock at the door interrupted an argument that could have been had, Ken walked to the door opening it, “Hey.” he smiled as Carrick stood on the other side.

“The guys are ordering lunch, they want me to ask if anyone else wanted anything. So if you’re hungry find Lucas the Rooney Road Dawg.” Carrick smiled.

“I’m starving, thanks.” Dan pushed up out of the chair.

“Surprise, surprise.” Alissa rolled her eyes.

“Gotta eat.” Dan patted his flat well toned stomach.

All five of them strolled out to the main room where they found two fifths of Rooney plus Lucas. “You guys ordering out?” Kenny asked as he walked up to Lucas and Ned.

“Yeah man, you guys want to get something?” Ned looked up from a paper menu.

“I think we do.” Ken smiled.

“Once you figure what you want write it on this paper and I’ll order after everyone has filled out what they want. Leave the money for the meal with the paper.” Lucas explained before hopping up onto the stage.

After all of Infinite wrote down their order, they decided to chill out in the main room to wait for Rooney to start Sound check, all very interested in watching. “This is going to be cool.” Carly smiled as she took a seat on a bar stool, leaning her back against the bar.

“Perks of being an opening act.” Alissa grinned.

“Just don’t start squealing and going all teenie bopper on us girls.” Dan teased.

Both girls flipped him the bird in unison. The three guys laughed, Alissa was standing near Carly too hyper to sit so she just shifted her weight back and forth while cracking her knuckles out of habit. She gave Matt a smile who was sitting on the stage talking to Ned. Ned’s back to them she could tell he was telling some story because he was moving his hands and being animated. Matt locked eyes with her and gave a half smile before looking back at Ned who was still talking.

“Girl are you flirting?” Carly whispered with a giggle.

“Who me?” Alissa looked over her shoulder at Carly, playing innocent.

“Mmhmm.” Carly raised her brow.

“I plead the fifth.” Alissa grinned.

“So many boys so little time Liss?” Dan smirked.

“Always.” She smiled before looking back over at the stage, Ned no longer there. Leaving Matt alone sitting on the stage his feet dangling down while his Bass was sitting in his lap. He played the bass with no sound coming through since he wasn’t plugged in. He concentrated on his left hand as he moved it from fret to fret all the while his right hand plucking at the center. She tilted her head as she studied him, biting on her lip as she went into deep thought.

“She’s going to be trouble.” Kenny sighed watching Alissa.

“Nah, she’ll be cool. Don’t worry about it.” Dan bounced his knee as he sat next to Carly at the bar.

“What are you guys talking about?” Carly looked confused.

Ken pointed at Alissa, “Her flirting with all of Rooney. Can’t you see her brain working over time there?”

Carly chuckled, “Oh give me a break. She’s just having fun. Matt started it anyway.. And one boy in the band doesn’t count as flirting with all of Rooney.”

“She got you there.” Mike joined the conversation.

Ken sighed again, “Yeah well give her time.”

Carly rolled her eyes and turned to look at Alissa. “Girl, why don’t you just go talk to him?”

Alissa turned to face the bar, “What?”

“You’re staring him down enough just go talk to him.” Carly smiled encouragingly.

“I don’t want to bother him.” Alissa walked over to the bar and sat on the other side of Carly.

Mike of E.B.E. and another guy came walking out of the backstage area laughing about something, pulling everyone to look at them, Alissa whispered to Carly “Is that Kevin with Mike?”

“You’re asking me?” Carly laughed.

Alissa rolled her eyes with a chuckle before leaning in front of Carly to speak to Dan, once again whispering, “Is that Kevin with Mike?”

“Looks like it. We’ll find out sooner or later. We gotta meet him sometime before tonight.” Dan watched the two guys from Everybody Else walk out of the club.

Carly elbowed Alissa making Alissa look at her annoyed, “What?” Carly motioned her head towards the stage, Alissa followed the direction and automatically a smile formed. Robert stepped on to the stage with Taylor not to far behind. Robert picked up his guitar from the stand and strapped it on, pulling a pick from the microphone stand and placing his fingers on the second fret while strumming the guitar with two short strokes the sound coming out loud and clear. “Sounds good.” He smiled looking up, now realizing he had an audience.

Alissa’s smile never faltering, while Carly held a soft grin as she watched the stage. Carly’s grin turned to full smile once Ned walked on to the stage going straight for the drum set. Louie following but turning to stand behind the keys. Taylor strummed his guitar and hit a few foot pedals while strumming quick short strokes until he was happy. Matt stood on the other side of the stage from Taylor waiting for everyone to be ready while he was set minutes ago.

Robert walked up to the mic, “Looks like we get an audience for sound check.”

Infinite gave some cheers and claps, making the guys of Rooney chuckle and smile, “Guess that means we can’t fuck up.” Robert spoke into the mic looking over at Taylor with a grin. Taylor leaned into his mic, “No, that just means if we fuck up they have to sign contracts to never speak of this sound check.”

“Ah that’s right.” Robert chuckled before turning to look at the five hanging out at the bar, “Well, we’re happy to have you guys on the bill. And look forward to seeing you play tonight. Thanks for joining us. Uh, and happy to have you check out our sound check.” He laughed slightly at the end.

Rooney played various songs only playing all the way through one song while just playing a minute of the others. Stopping in the middle of songs to play with nobs and pedals as they fixed whatever they didn’t like until all was happy and called the sound check finished. On good timing as lunch just arrived.
Chapter 7 by RandomRambler
“I can’t let her go, I think I’m losing control, my momma said, I’d be a lady killer, I can’t make her cry, My friends are wondering why, they always thought I’d be a cold heart breaker, No, I’m just a faker. Ooh, Ahh..” Alissa sang along from the side of the stage, watching Everybody Else while bopping her head enjoying the show.

“They’re very good.” Carly said over the music.

Alissa nodded, “Of course.” taking her attention back to the stage.

Dan walked up to the two girls with a beer in hand standing in between the two, trying to get a good view of the three on stage. “This is their best song.”
Alissa looked over and smiled, “One of their best.”

The crowd responded wonderfully for Everybody Else, finding that most Rooney fans knew their music and loved their band. “It’s incredible to see you all singing along. We thought we only had that privilege in California.” Carrick spoke into the microphone with a big smile.

“WE LOVE YOU!!” a young fan hollered.

“We love you too.” Carrick chuckled. “This is our last song, you can pick up one of our LP’s at the merchandise stand. Get ready for this next band they rock.”

Everybody Else performed their song ‘Rich Girls, Poor Girls’ and then walked off the stage, finding three/fifths of Infinite side stage, “Hey, you guys catch the show?” Carrick asked downing a bottle of water.

“Every bit of it.” Alissa beamed, “You guys were incredible.”

“Thanks.” He smiled back before walking backstage dripping with sweat.

Kenny walking out just as Carrick went in, “You three ready?”

Carly, Dan and Alissa nodded up and down. Alissa fidgeting showed her nerves. Carly seemed calm as she playfully hit Dan with her drumsticks. “Got that beat, got, got that beat.”

“Do I look like you’re personal drum?” Dan raised an eyebrow.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Carly smirked.

“Where’s Mike?” Alissa asked Ken.

“He’s coming, he was in a conversation with Louie.”

“Aww, we’re they bonding over keyboards?” Carly smiled.

“Yes actually.” Kenny laughed.

“Y’all ready?” the club manager asked when he came up behind them squeezing through to get by to step onto the stage.

“Um,” Alissa looked over his shoulder just as Mike came through the backstage door, she smiled, “Yeah, we’re ready.”

He walked on stage the crowd got excited, “This next band was found in Orlando, Florida by Ned Brower, you know him right?” the crowd got loud on the mention of Ned’s name. The manager smiled big, “Yeah, I thought so. Give a warm welcome to this up and coming band; Infinite!” as he walked off the stage the five walked on. Alissa waved to the crowd. She went straight for center stage where her mic awaited, “How’s everybody doing tonight?” She asked calmly.

The crowd gave a little noise, “Come on, you can do better then that. You just saw Everybody Else, weren’t they awesome?”

The crowd got louder that time, she just smiled, “Ready for some more music?” they got a little louder. Enough for her to move on, “This song is called, Mystery.”

She looked over her shoulder at Carly giving her a nod. Carly counted off and started the beat. The beat was up tempo with a sixties feel, Mike using his synthesizers mixed with Carly’s beat. Alissa began to sing, “I looked at you, you looked at me, I can’t seem, to move my feet. My Mouth is moving, but I can’t speak.” She played the crowd as she sang, taking the mic and getting closer to the audience, playing off a few of the guys in the front. “You give me a smile, My knees get weak, My nerves are shakin’, I’m about to freak.” She moved to the other side of the stage continuing to sing at the corner of her eye she saw a few bodies side stage. She gave them a smile realizing it was Robert, Taylor and Matt from Rooney. They hid in the dark hoping no one in the audience would notice them, she looked back at the crowd.

Once the song was over the crowd gave applause with a few hollers, one in particular making Infinite smile, “Let’s hear ‘Craving’!”

“Ooh, we’ve got a fan in the house.” Alissa chuckled squinting at the bright light in her face as she tried to find the man behind the request.

“Alissa I love you!!” he yelled.

“Mmm, well, I love you too darlin’.” She smiled flirtatiously. “Let’s give the man what he wants.” Alissa looked over at Ken, he smiled with a nod.

“For the man in the back, Here’s ‘Craving’.” She spoke in a sexy tone when she said the title of the song. She closed her eyes and listened to Kenny play the bass line, the only thing you hear for the first eleven seconds of the song. Dan comes in with his guitar followed by Carly tapping the drum. The opening of the song being only music for 20 seconds before Alissa comes in with her vocals. Singing about wanting and needing someone, craving for them when they’re not around. Her vocals drip with sensuality and her movements and actions going with the lyrics she sang. Mike and Carly singing back up here and there, but mainly for the chorus. Alissa always playing the crowd when she sang. She would have the guys reaching to touch her when she get close to the edge. The song ended and the crowd showed their love.

“Thank you, this next one you might know. All of us in the band love singing cover songs, it’s a way for us to show love to our favorite bands. And tonight we thought we’d do a great song by Blondie..” Alissa took a drink of water before finishing, “Here’s ‘Call Me’.”

The drums and lead guitar starting off with that familiar tune, “Color me your color baby, Color me your car, color me your color darlin’, I know who you are, come up off your color chart, I know where you’re coming from.” her voice so close to Deborah Harry’s made the audience pay attention. Alissa leaned on Dan as she sang, he leaned his head into her to get close to the mic so he could sing back up with Mike and Carly on the chorus. The audience right along with them with every “Call Me” .

Carly beating away on the drums, her hair flying all over as she got into the music. Sometimes having to really remind herself she had to sing from time to time, she turned to her left to sing into the mic still beating on the drums. Mike getting to play the keyboards like no bodies business concentrated as he played the solo he shared with Carly. Alissa all the while dancing around the stage in true eighties style having lots of fun.

Alissa walking over to Mike she noticed Louie was now standing with the others on the side stage, knowing that most of Rooney was watching the show surprisingly didn’t make her nervous, it just made her want to give even more. She sang to Mike for a few seconds before turning back to the crowd. Everyone jumping around and singing along gave the band so much more energy. Infinite was having a blast and didn’t want to come down from their high. As the song ended Alissa was breathing heavy, “Whooo, that was too much fun.”

“We’re going to slow it down and give you a taste of Infinite acoustic style.” Alissa pulled her bar stool to the center of the stage. As Carly and Mike also got a bar stool sitting on each side of Alissa. While Dan placed his acoustic guitar on he stood at the end next to Mike. While Kenny stood on the other end next to Carly also wearing an acoustic guitar the only difference was he had a bass pick up installed in his guitar to give it the acoustic bass sound. “I think it’s also time to introduce ourselves.”

“Dan you’re hot!!” a girl screamed from the second row.

“I think she knows us.” Mike chuckled into his microphone.

“Well for those of you who don’t know let me introduce you to my favorite people in the whole world. First over there the man who has been playing some wicked Bass lines tonight is the one and only Kenny..” She allowed the crowed to clap before she continued, “This beautiful young lady next to me who can play drums as good or better then any man I know.”

“Don’t get me in trouble.” Carly chuckled into her mic.

“It’s true, am I right? Can’t she play the shit of the drums?” Alissa asked the audience who showed their love for Carly by screaming and clapping. “See? Anywho, I’ll stop embarrassing her, this is Carly.” the crowd clapped and whistles were heard making Carly grin.

Alissa turned her body to be towards Mike, “And this gorgeous man, our “pretty boy” of the band.” Mike gave her a look of don’t go there. Alissa giggled, “But he’s not just good looking he’s very talented when it comes to playing the keyboards. Oh and he’s single ladies, this is Mike.” The girls went crazy for him, with no surprise since he was a beautiful man; Orlando Bloom clone. “Thank you.” Mike spoke into the mic.

“And as that girl over there already mentioned, Our Hot guitarist Dan is incredibly talented, you haven’t seen nothin’ yet from that man. He can knock your socks off with his talent on that guitar.” there was clapping and hollers along with more hormonal teenage girls screaming their love for him.

Mike took over, “And last but not least, our lead singer Alissa.”

“Thanks, this next song is a favorite of mine, I think actually a favorite of all of ours?” Alissa looked at the others in the band who all spoke in the mic or just gave an inaudible response of yes.

“This song was written by Carly and Mike. It’s such a beautiful poetic song and doing it live acoustic style brings out even more of it’s beauty. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is ‘Moment’.”

Dan and Kenny played their guitars as Carly began to sing, two lines later Mike joins her. Beautifully harmonized as their voices melt with the music. Alissa smiled as she watched the crowd sway, she followed their lead and swayed along. Not having to sing until the chorus, she joined in with Mike and Carly, all together singing the beautifully written lyrics.

Infinite played three more songs and had the crowd loving them. The band was full of adrenaline and not wanting to leave the stage, loving the crowds energy. After their last song, Alissa was beaming, “Thank you so much, get ready cause up next is.. ROONEY!!” she ran off the stage being the last to leave.

When they got backstage all of Rooney was standing inside the door waiting to go on, they gave their praise to Infinite letting them know they enjoyed the show. “Have a great show you guys.” Carly smiled as she walked by straight for the dressing room.

Alissa just smiled and followed she wanted to quickly change so she could watch Rooney. When she got into the dressing room, Carly was already behind the changing screen. So Alissa went over to the mirror and took a towel to wipe off the sweat and fix her hair and make up as much as possible. Once Carly came out from back of the screen she was wearing stone washed well-worn tight jeans that had a rip at the left knee. Finishing the outfit with a white tank top looking like it was made just for her body. A casual look, but she made it sexy cool without trying. Alissa went to the back of the screen as Carly took the place in front of the mirror, reapplying her make up and pulling her hair up into a clip.

The guys just changing into t-shirts and jeans headed out to the crowd way before the girls were ready. “You almost ready?” Carly asked.

“Uh huh.” Alissa said just as she came out from the screen, sporting bagging cranberry pants that we’re cut at the bottom to be turned into capri’s. A black leather belt with a rhinestone belt buckle that said ‘Rock’ helped hold the pants up around her small waist. She wore a black short sleeve shirt that showed a little skin, a peek of the belly button.

“Let’s go watch Rooney.” Carly smiled a little giddy as she opened the dressing room door.
Chapter 8 by RandomRambler
As Carly and Alissa walked out of the backstage area they noticed their band mates were surrounded by some girls. “Ugh, I just want to watch the show.” Carly frowned.

“Let’s just stand here and once the show is over we can join the rest of the band. Do the whole autograph thing.” Alissa suggested.

“I was hoping to get a better view, but this is good too.” Carly sat down on a black cargo box side stage, Alissa stood next to her. Both claiming a spot for the show, able to see all five guys at an angle.

Taylor jumped around with full energy while playing the hell out of his guitar. Ned throwing his head around making his tight curls bounce and fly as he beat the drums. Louie looked down at the keyboard hiding behind his long hair playing shy and not making eye contact with the audience. Matt all the way on the other side of the stage stood there like a statue, only moving his hands as he played the bass that was strapped to his body, his head once in awhile looking down at the instrument or he’d let go and move his head with the beat. Then there was Robert the front man of Rooney, always driving the girls crazy. Doing his signature moves as he sang or giving a smile when he talked. The two girls of Infinite were in their own world as they watched Rooney on stage. Both singing along to every song, studying their favorite men of the band.

The show ending with “I’m Shakin”, Carly and Alissa made their way off the stage and into the crowded venue just as the last verse of the song came around. Both girls walking straight for their band mates. “Hey girls, where you been?” Mike asked with a smile.

“Watching the show.” Carly gave a half smile.

“Very cool.” He nodded. “Except, You missed some of our fans.”

“That’s okay, at least they met you guys.” Carly shrugged.

“You didn’t miss too much, a few were gushing over Mike and one was ready to attack Dan and claim him as hers.” Kenny chuckled, “Then there were a couple that just wanted an autograph or picture. I don’t know how many really knew us before tonight’s show.” he finished.

“Well as long as they like and know us now.” Alissa smiled.

“Exactly.” Mike and Ken said together.

“So what’s the plan for the evening?” Alissa asked grabbing Mike’s beer and taking a sip of it before putting it back in his hand.

“We discussed it and think it’d be best to get a room here in town, instead of heading to Atlanta tonight to get a room. It’ll be cheaper here.” Kenny explained.

Alissa nodded in agreement, Carly was zoning as she leaned against Dan, her arm resting on his right shoulder. The place was pretty much at a stand still, no one leaving. Just hanging about talking and waiting for Rooney. All the fans filled with hopes that the band will come out and mingle and give them their dream chance of meeting their favorite band members. As the five of Infinite were standing in a circle facing each other, talking and laughing and minding their own business some fans started to approach. Two young girls, being a little timid. Ken stopped talking and gave them a smile. He knew they were waiting for the right moment to get the attention of the band. Alissa and Mike turned to see what Ken was looking at.

“Um, hi, we’re big fans of yours. We actually drove up from Tampa too see you here.” The young red head began, “And, uh, I just love your music. Can I get a picture with you guys?”

“Of course.” Kenny smiled pulling her over to stand in between him and Dan. Carly put her arm around Mike who was standing on the other side of her as he pulled Alissa in next to him. A group picture was taken for the young girl and then her friend a petite blond took the place between Kenny and Dan. The red head took the picture. “Thank you so much.”

“Sure thing, so how’d you like the show?” Dan warmed up to the young fans.

“Incredible as always. We’ve seen you guys five times now. It’s like you guys just get better and better. I loved tonight’s Cover song.” The Red head beamed.

“Ohmygod, it sounded so good. But, I gotta say my favorite cover tune so far is the Fleetwood Mac song you did at the Orlando show, um I think it was called ‘The Chain’?” The blond fan joined in on the gushing.

“Yeah ‘The Chain’ we do that one often actually. I’m glad you like it.” Alissa smiled.

“Dan likes the guitar solo he gets from it.” Carly smirked.

“Damn right.” Dan added.

The girls chatted with the band for a few more seconds before getting autographs. After they got a few things signed they walked away and disappeared in the crowd. “I’m getting a beer.” Carly announced before walking off. “I’ll be back in a sec.” Alissa walked off in a different direction.

Alissa squeezed through people to get back to the backstage door, showing her badge that hung around her neck to the venue security who stood near the door, she opened the door quick and heard a cry, “AHH!” she walked in and saw Matt standing there now up against the wall behind the door. Alissa covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes got big, “Oh My God!” she muffled behind her hand.

“Yeah, I could use his help. Damn, you got a death wish for me or what?” Matt chuckled still up against the wall.

She dropped her hand as she laughed and closed the door, “No honest I have nothing against you.”

“Then, I’m scared to know how you’d treat me if I pissed you off.” He smirked.

“I suggest to not piss me off.” Alissa smiled back, “You heading out into the crowd?”

“I was yeah, there still lots of people out there?” he stepped away from the wall towards her, his eyes hiding behind dark black sunglasses.

“Yep, I don’t think anyone has left actually.” She gave a raise of the eyebrows and waited for his reaction. But it never changed, it was hard to read him and that made her want to figure him out more.

“You leaving?” He asked with no expression.

“Nope, I just wanted to get something from the dressing room. I’ll see you out there.” She gave a smile before walking off towards the dressing room. Leaving Matt to head out to the chaos. Alissa walked into the room and went straight for her messenger bag that was set on a table near the mirrored counter. She dug through it and found her purple sharpie and placed it in her pocket, she went back digging and found her camera she checked the exposure count seeing she had seven more pictures left she smiled and closed the bag and headed out of the room, as she stepped out of the room she saw Robert heading for the club door, “Hey Robert, wait up.” she called out.

He stopped and looked to see who called him, he saw Alissa and smiled, “You just now heading out there?”

“Oh no, I watched the whole Rooney set. I just needed to get something.” She couldn’t stop smiling.

He opened the door, “Ladies first.”

“Why thank you.” She walked through and looked over her shoulder at him as he followed, she gave a wink and then turned to look ahead. She scanned the room quickly as she stepped into the crowd. She saw Dan first, more like she saw his mohawk. She squeezed through people trying to be as polite as she could. Once she got to him she felt like it was a big accomplishment, “My goodness, this place is packed. Is it just me or is it now holding more people then it was during the show?”

“I think it has filled in more.” Dan responded as he was watching people.

“Where’s the gang?”

“Carly never came back after her beer run, Mike and Kenny went outside for a second and said they’d be back.” He looked down at his watch, “That was about five minutes ago.”

“Probably got lost in the crowd.” Alissa chuckled.


“Hey stranger.” A voice spoke from behind her, Carly looked over her shoulder as she was leaning on the bar. A smile graced her face once again that evening, “Hey.”

“What you drinking?” he squeezed in to stand next to her at the bar. She looked him over, grinning at his curls being pulled back into a ponytail but a few strands to short hung against his forehead.

“Nothing, I still haven’t been waited on.” Carly showed her slight annoyance.

“It’s a busy night.” He gave that perfect smile.

“Lots of Rooney fans in Athens it looks like.”

Ned watched the bartender walk pass them, he whistled for him, “Excuse me!” the guy kept going. Ned looked at Carly and gave her a funny look to make her laugh he was successful as she giggled, “Well at least it’s not just me.”

“Maybe it is you.” He smirked with a hint of no good, “I might need to get away from you and see if I can get some service.”

“Do what you like.” Carly said with a raised brow of attitude, but a smile giving her away.

“I’d like to get you a drink,” He paused looking for the bartender. As one of them came closer Ned raised his hand to get the guys attention. Carly just smiled as she watched him. The bartender noticed Ned and came towards him, “What can I get you sir?”

“The lady’s been waiting for awhile, why don’t you ask her first?” Ned kept a straight face.

Carly tried to not smile big, but with Ned’s gesture she couldn’t help but want to smile. The bartender turned to her, “What would the lady like?”

“Coors light please.”

“Sir?” The bartender looked back at Ned.

“Heineken please.” Ned tapped the bar with his right finger tips, before turning to lean against the bar to look at Carly facing her side ways. Now very close to her as there was very little room around them. “You guys hanging out for awhile?”

Carly shrugged, “I guess. I think were staying in town tonight. Then we’re heading to Atlanta in the morning. So yeah most likely we’ll be hanging here or some other bar for awhile.”

“Cool. We’re doing the same.” Ned was interrupted by the bartender who placed both beers in front of them, Ned pulled out money from his front left pocket. Carly placing money on the bar for her beer. Ned pushed it towards her, “I got this.”

“No that’s okay. I can pay for mine.” Carly pushed the money back towards the bartender who just watched to see what Ned was going to do.

“I got it.” Ned placed the money in the guys hands giving a nod.

Carly rolled her eyes and put the money back in her pocket, “Well, Thanks for the beer.” she smiled and turned to look across the crowd to find a familiar face.

“We’re sitting in the back lounge if you’d like to join us.” Ned stood next to her watching her scan the crowd.

“Um,” She scanned slowly and relaxed when she saw Dan and Alissa, “Maybe I’ll join you in a few.” she gave him another smile before walking away.


“You’re such a dork. If people only knew.” Alissa laughed.

“I’m a unique individual and misunderstood, this does not make me a dork.” Dan protested in his defense.

“Whatever.” Alissa rolled her eyes.

“What’s going on?” Carly smiled as she joined them.

“Not much, actually I’m thinking of getting some air.” Alissa informed.

“We’ve been invited to the back lounge by Rooney if you want to go back there.” Carly smiled.

“Ooh Nice, let’s go.”Alissa smiled big.

“I’m gonna go look for Mike and Kenny.” Dan told the girls, “We’ll meet you back there.”

“Coolage.” Alissa responded as she went to follow Carly towards the back lounge.
Chapter 9 by RandomRambler
Carly and Alissa walked into the back lounge a little surprised to find that it wasn’t just Rooney and Everybody Else back there, they had quite a few fans in the room too. It wasn’t closed off to the rest of the bar so when fans found out that the bands were back there they were free to come back and meet them. The boys of Rooney all sat together at a big table with fans standing in line for autographs and pictures. The guys didn’t seem too excited to be interacting with fans, none really giving any smiles. Except Matt who showed lots of warmth. If you watched closely Robert gave his full attention to every single fan but he didn’t smile to often.

“You’d think they’d be happy to have fans.” Carly commented.

Alissa shrugged. “Ooh, there’s Carrick, Mike and Kevin let’s go sit with them.” Alissa pointed out Everybody Else sitting behind Rooney, two tables to the left of the fandom.

Both Carly and Alissa walked up to the three guys who were enjoying conversation and a good beer. “Hey boys, can we join you?” Carly asked with a smile.

“It’d be an honor.” Mike pushed out a chair next to him.

Carly took the seat that was offered while Alissa grabbed a chair at a table nearby and placed it near Carrick which made her sit with her back to Taylor. Alissa looked over at the Rooney table one more time before sitting, the guys were all busy with fans and it didn’t look like it’d be slowing down anytime soon. She took her seat and rested her elbows on the table, “So you guys having a good evening?”

“It’s pretty calm so far, how about you?” Mike took a sip of his beer after he answered.

“Cool so far, it was way too crowded out in the main room.” Carly relaxed in her seat.

“Yeah, a little suffocating. I’m hoping it’ll stay out there and not move in here.” Carrick smiled.

“Carrick you have the most beautiful blue eyes.. I’m sure you hear that a lot.” Alissa blurted.

Carly chuckled, “Don’t mind her, she’s just random.”

Carrick smiled at Carly then over at Alissa, “Thanks for the compliment.”

“Excuse me, Carrick can I get your autograph?”A female interrupted, standing behind Alissa.

“Sure.” He smiled bright.

More fans started to come over wanting EBE’s attention. A small handful of fans would stop to talk with Carly and Alissa and find more out about the band. Which the two girls were happy to answer any questions. Twenty minutes later Kenny, Dan and Mike finally joined them in the back lounge.

“Hey girls, have you been getting lots of fans wanting autographs?” Dan asked with a big smile.

“Not really, why?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“While we were outside we kept getting stopped, we couldn’t get back inside because so many girls were wanting pictures with us. It was very cool.” Mike beamed.

Alissa chuckled, “So how far has the egos grown?”

“For real, I’m surprised you were actually able to get back into the bar. So how many phone numbers did you get?” Carly teased.

“I’m appalled you’d make the insinuation that we would take advantage of our fans.” Dan over dramatized.

The girls chuckled along with the three from EBE. The two bands hung out around the table and enjoyed conversations mostly dealing with music, a lot of exchanging horror stories from the road and on stage. Keeping each other laughing and enjoying the evening.

“Hey can we join you guys?” Robert smiled as he walked towards the table.

“The more the merrier.” Kenny responded for everyone.

“Let’s push some tables together.” Taylor suggested as he grabbed a side of his table. Kevin and Dan got up to help the guys push two tables together. Giving enough room for all three bands to hang out all together. Carly excused herself from the table and Alissa gave her a questioning look. Carly mouthed ‘Restroom’ and Alissa nodded. Seconds later Alissa followed.

Alissa walked into the restroom to find Carly standing in line, “You decide you had to go?” Carly chuckled.

“Yeah, delay reaction.”

“So, can I ask you something?” Carly lowered her voice.

Alissa creased her brow, “Sure.”

Carly looked at the other females in the bathroom before turning back to Alissa, “Are you interested in someone right now?”

“I’m interested in a lot of someone’s right now.” Alissa laughed with a smile.

“So you aren’t just focusing on Matt? Cause it seemed you have a crush on him.” Carly kept her voice down knowing that the girls are all Rooney fans.

Alissa shrugged, “It could be a crush, but I’m not like trying to do anything about it. I have a crush on a few of the men on this tour. I’m just having fun getting to know them.” Alissa smiled.

“That’s cool. I was just curious that’s all.”

“Well since we’re letting our curiosity get the best of us, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.” Carly grinned.

“What’s the deal with you and Ned?”

Carly smiled big, her cheeks turning pink. “Just friendly flirting at the moment.”

“So, I’m not the only one having the fun.” Alissa smirked.

“Nope.” Carly smiled as she disappeared into a stall.

As the two girls walked back into the lounge they were both happy to see that the three tables pushed together for the bands was fan free. Though there were other people in the lounge but all doing their own thing and leaving the bands alone. All the guys were in conversation, having a good time. Smiles on pretty much all their faces. Carly and Alissa stopped to figure out where to sit. Robert stood up, “Let me get you two, some chairs.”

Robert went to ask for two more chairs from a table nearby, being polite to those at the table. He carried a chair under each arm. He set them on each side of him making Louie and Carrick scoot down to give room for the girls. “Thank you.” Carly smiled at Robert.

“You’re such a gentleman.” Alissa smiled.

“Suck up!” one of the guys yelled from the end of the table. Making the rest chuckle.

Alissa sat in between Louie and Robert while Carly sat on the other side of Robert, right next to Carrick. She was bummed that Ned was at the other end of the table. She wanted to be seated next to him but didn’t want to be too obvious. So she made the best of where she was. Across from her was Kenny and Dan. At the end of the table in between Carrick and Dan was Kevin. She was glad Dan and Kenny was across from her, this way she knew at least two people nearby she could keep conversation with if things get awkward. She looked pass Robert and noticed as usual Alissa was carrying on a conversation with the men around her with total ease.

“How long have you played drums?” Kevin asked Carly.

“Huh?” She asked not hearing the question as she turned to look at him.

“Drums, how long have you been playing?” he repeated.

“Oh, I’ve played for five years. I’ve played very well for four years.” She chuckled.

“Cool, so did you guys know each other and then put the band together?” Carrick asked trying to get to know Infinite better.

“Actually, Carly and Alissa knew each other from childhood. And both have always been into music, so they wanted to put a band together. I found out that Carly was looking to put a band together, so I approached her. Carly and I knew each other somewhat because we worked at the Magic Kingdom together.” Kenny giving his side of the story.

“You worked at Disney?” Carrick smiled at Carly.

“Still do, we all have kept our jobs. I work the Pirates ride. He’s the walking dead at the Haunted Mansion.” Carly smiled at Ken.

“Very cool.” Carrick smiled with a nod.

“How did you get involved Dan?” Kevin asked.

“I work with Alissa at a record store. The first guitar player didn’t work out and Alissa was stressing about a gig they had coming up so I told her I could help out for the night. And then I ended up being a permanent replacement.” Dan smiled.

Ken took over the story, “And last but not least, Mike was found on accident. The two girls were visiting a friend at Full Sail College to get help on a demo that the band wanted to put together. And Mike so happened to be really good friends with this dude. And he suggested we add keyboards to our sound.”

Carly interrupted, “And we were sooo not wanting that. We felt our band was good enough as it was. But, once Mike played a little for us, Alissa and I asked him to come to a practice day so the whole band could hear him and that way we could get a feel of what the sound would be as five, and all of us agreed we had to keep Mike.”

“Very cool. So are you a fairly new band then?” Carrick asked.

“Not really, the five of us have been a band for a little over two years. Now, the three of us have been doing this band thing together for four years.” Carly answered.


Carly looked down at the table to see what the rest were discussing. She noticed Ned was laughing with Mike, Matt and Taylor. But she couldn’t hear what they were talking about that was so funny, they were too far away and with the music playing loudly, plus everyone talking over the music made it very difficult to hear the person next to her, let alone the guys at the other end of the table. She frowned once again, wishing she was at the other end of the table where Ned seemed to be enjoying the night. She noticed Robert and Alissa were in their own discussion as if there was a bubble around them keeping them closed off from the rest of the room. Both flirting and enjoying each others company, Carly smiled happy to see they were hitting it off. When she scanned the table again she locked eyes with Ned, he gave her a smile. She smiled back before breaking the eye contact by turning to face Carrick again, finding he was talking about how Everybody Else formed as a band. She just nodded and acted as if she was interested, but in reality she wasn’t hearing a thing he said, she was thinking about Ned and wondering if he was still looking at her.

“Excuse me, I need another drink.” She stood up and headed for the bar. She sighed as she leaned against the bar, a quick smile to the bartender who held up his index finger letting her know he’d be there in a second.

“How’s it going?” Ned asked her, startling her at first. She looked over at him with a smile, “It’s good I guess. You enjoying your evening?”

“Yeah, Mike was telling us some great stories about your band.” Ned kept his half smile as he talked. Making him cuter every second.

She bit on her lower lip trying to control the urge to attack him. Or just keeping herself from making a fool out of herself by blurting out something stupid like ‘I think you’re hot, I want you now!’. A giggle slipped from her lips and he tilted his head with a questioning brow. She just shook her head, “Nothing, sorry. What were you saying?”

“Nothing really. You should come join us at the other end of the table. I think we’re more fun.” Ned smirked.

“Oh is that right? You saying that Carrick and Kevin can’t be fun?”

“I didn’t say that. I just noticed you weren’t enjoying the evening as much as you could be. That’s all.” He smiled and made eye contact. Carly held his gaze for a moment before making herself pull away. Very thankful the bartender came over. She ordered another beer, Ned asked the bartender to bring over two pitchers of beer with glasses to their table.

“If I knew you were doing that I wouldn’t have gotten a bottle.” Carly sighed.

“Drink it up baby, we have all night.” He smirked before walking away.

She watched him walk off, sighing with a devilish smirk. When she pushed away from the bar, she started for her seat next to Robert and Carrick but then decided to just grab the chair and move it down in between Mike and Ned. “I thought I’d join you guys, see what trouble you’re scurrying up.” Carly smiled as she set her beer on the table.

“It’s about time one of you girls joined us.” Ned flirted.

Carly just smiled at him then looked at Mike, “I hear you’re telling stories.”

“Don’t worry I didn’t tell them about you losing your drumstick two weeks ago.” Mike chuckled.

Carly scowled, “Thanks.”

“Wait, what? Now you gotta tell us.” Matt smirked.

“No you don’t.” Carly laughed.

“Well, see..” Mike began.

“Just remember you haven’t always been graceful either Michael.” Carly raised an eyebrow with her threat.

“Anyway, Carly was getting into our song ‘Uncool’, she was banging the drums hard and just going wild, then all of a sudden she loses grasp of one of the sticks and it goes flying into the audience. Alissa almost was hit in the back of the head, but was missed by just half an inch. I busted out laughing so hard, especially seeing Carly’s face of horror.”

“Thanks.” Carly rolled her eyes.

All the guys laughed, “So basically you were playing ‘uncool’ while being way ‘uncool’.” Matt laughed.

“Pa dum bump.” Carly made the noise of the drum showing Matt how lame his joke was.

“Haven’t you ever had something like that happen to you?” She looked at Ned.

“I’ve dropped a stick a few times or tossed it behind me but, never towards the crowd.” He smirked.

“Well, never say never.” Carly smiled.

The group of them at the end of the table continued to have some good laughs at each others expense while the rest of the table enjoyed their own conversations. The night went long but it was hardly noticed. Too much fun was being had, a lot of alcohol and silly conversations. Around four in the morning they all stumbled out of the bar and into their own vehicles. “Hey, you guys aren’t driving are you?” Robert asked Alissa.

“Ken will be yeah.” Alissa answered leaning on Robert, having had way too much to drink.

“No, I think all of you should just climb on the bus. We’ll take you to the hotel.” Robert suggested.

“That’s so sweet.” Alissa yawned.

“Hey Ken!” Robert hollered.

Kenny looked up as he unlocked the van, he didn’t respond he just waited for Robert to walk over. “Why don’t you five just come with us?”

“We’ll be fine, I haven’t had a drink for over an hour.” Ken opened the driver side door.

“You sure?” Robert looked concerned, as he still was holding up Alissa.

Carly and Dan climbed into the back of the van as Mike took Alissa from Robert to help her get in the van. Mike shut the back door and climbed into the front seat. “Thanks for the offer Robert. But, we’ll be fine.” Mike gave a nod before shutting the door. Robert walked off to the bus, hoping Ken was sober enough for the drive. The drive to the hotel was only four blocks over and they made it there in one piece. Ken went inside to get their room while the rest were already sleeping in the van. Once he got checked in he parked the van on the other side of the Best Western hotel. Infinite made their way into the one room with two double beds and a roll away. All passing out as soon as they entered the room. All wanting to get their three hours of sleep before hitting the road.
Chapter 10 by RandomRambler
During sound check it was obvious there was a few hangovers and Alissa was the worse of them all, sound check was going very bad, she couldn’t remember half the words and her vocals weren’t the tightest. After the second song she put the microphone back on the stand, “I’m done.”

“What?” Carly stopped drumming, looking confused. She looked over at Dan then at Ken. Both just shrugged. Carly got agitated, “That’s real fucking mature.”

“Guess sound check is over.” Dan started to take off his guitar.

“No, let’s at least work on our sound. We don’t need her. Let’s pick up where we left off.” Ken insisted.

They returned to sound check without Alissa. Ned and Matt walked into the Cotton Club and noticed Infinite on stage doing their instrumental sound check. “Let’s check their sound check out, since they watched ours yesterday.” Matt suggested to Ned.

“Cool.” Ned followed Matt to one of the tables in the middle of the main floor. Both taking a seat on the tall bar stools that sat around each table in the club.

“Aren’t they missing someone?” Matt questioned.

“Looks like it’s sound check without vocals.” Ned shrugged.

Matt creased his brow and scanned the room for Alissa, not finding her he tried to push her out of his mind and watch the rest of the band. Carly noticed the two sitting there watching the sound check, she felt a ball of butterflies in her stomach. ‘Why does he have to be watching, he’s making me nervous, last thing I need is to get distracted and end up throwing a drumstick at him.’ Carly shook her thoughts out of her head and just closed her eyes to clear her mind and pay attention to the sound of the band.

“Hey Alissa, I thought you were doing sound check.” Robert stopped her outside as she was making her way to the van.

“It’s a short sound check today. For me anyway.”

“Hangover?” He raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

“Massive Hangover.” She sighed.

“Well drink lots of water, coffee, whatever you can keep down to get your head straight. I know how you feel. I’ve had to perform a few times with a hangover, Taylor once was with the flu during the Lollapalooza tour. So we all can feel your pain.” He rubbed her back soothingly.

“Thanks.” she spoke softly.

“Well go lay down for awhile. I’ll see you later.” He walked off towards the Cotton Club.

Alissa went and climbed into the back of the van and lied down, throwing her pillow over her face to block the sun. Just as she was beginning to fall asleep a tap at the window startled her, she sat up and jumped when she saw Carrick pressing his face against the window. He laughed, she smiled as she moved to open the side door, “What are you doing?” she giggled.

“How you feeling?”

“Shitty, how about you?”

“I’m good. I was actually gonna ask you if you want to go get a bite to eat.” Carrick was smiling big.

“Ugh, um, well I can go with, but I doubt I’ll eat.” She held her stomach at the thought of eating.

“You can have some hot tea, that will help you’re stomach and head.” He looked like he really wanted her to join him.

“That’s true, alright, where we going?” she got out of the van, shutting the door behind her.

“Chinese. Is that okay?” He put his hands in his pockets, his tall slender build towered over her.

“That’s fine.” she shrugged. Placing her sunglasses over her eyes.


Matt and Ned gave applause for the end of sound check, “That’s great guys. You’re sounding tight.” Ned kept clapping.

“Great Tone.” Matt added.

The four hopped off the stage, “Thanks.”

“Where’d Alissa go? Is she alright?” Matt asked no one in particular.

“She’s a little ill from drinking way too much last night.” Ken responded.

“Oh.” Matt understood.

Carly raised an eyebrow at Matt, but shook it off and looked over at Ned, “So what you guys up to? It’s a little early for you isn’t it?”

“Nah, not for me. You want to get out of here? I could use a break from all this.” Ned asked Carly.

She was a little surprised by his invitation, “Sure.” she didn’t care where she was going with him, just the fact he asked and wants her around made her happy.


Carrick and Alissa walked into Hong Kong Dragon restaurant that was only one block over from the Cotton Club. They were seated right away and since the place just opened minutes before they arrived they had the restaurant to themselves. Both hiding behind menus, it was a little awkward. Both not knowing what to say.
Alissa placed the menu down on the table and looked anywhere but at the man across from her. Carrick placed the menu down and looked right at her, she caught his stunning blue eyes staring at her, she smiled.

“You getting anything?” he asked.

“Rice and tea.” She smiled faintly.

The waitress came over and took their orders and then they were left alone again, Carrick just stared at her for a few minutes before speaking, “So is there a guy back home waiting for you to return?”

She smiled, “No, there’s no guy.”

He smiled before taking a sip of his water, Alissa then decided to ask him a question, “Since we’re talking about significant others, do you have a girl back home?”

“Nope, I’m single. It’s not easy keeping a relationship when you’re in a band. Especially when you’re a band that goes on tour a lot. I’ve found the problem with the girls in L.A. is either they are just interested in me because I AM in a band, or they want to see who I know and can get them connected with. It’s just hard to find anyone genuine.”

“Should I break out the violin?”

He chuckled, “Sorry, you’re right I have no right to play poor me.”

“Nah, I’m sure it’s hard, but come on, you get to make music for a living. That’s the coolest shit in the world. The last thing I’m going to complain about is not being able to have a man in my life. I have music and that brings a whole lot of happiness into my life.”

“But music lacks a lot of aspects that a human being can bring into your life.” Carrick grabbed his water.

“True.” Alissa sighed.


“You up for the walk?” Ned asked Carly as they headed out of The Cotton Club.

“Where we going?”

“The park is nearby, Like a few blocks over. Thought it’d be nice to walk and just enjoy the outdoors.”

Carly smiled, “That sounds nice.”

The two walked through Downtown Atlanta while talking, keeping it light hearted conversation and finding they enjoy each others company. “You’re a cool chick Carly.”

She laughed, “Why thank you Ned. You’re a cool guy too.”

He smiled, “Seriously, I mean it. I don’t find many girls I can just hang with. Usually they’re after something and it’s not a good conversation. Not these days.”

“You mean the girls treat you like a piece a meat?” Carly chuckled.

“Well that, and the fact they just don’t take me serious. Sometimes I wonder if they even see me as a human.”

Carly frowned, “Some people tend to forget that entertainers are like everyone else. But not everyone thinks that way, ya know?”

“Yeah, I know.”

They finally reached the city park and once they got there they walked over to a bench and sat down, “You enjoying the Rooney tour?”

“Well it’s only the second day, but so far, yeah. It’s so sad that tomorrow is our last gig with you guys.” Carly watched a pigeon near by.

“Yeah, it came up pretty quick.” Ned stretched out his legs, crossing them at the ankle.


As Alissa and Carrick walked towards the Cotton Club, Matt was standing outside the door. He watched them walk towards him, once they were standing next to him he asked “Where did you guys go?”

“To get lunch.” Carrick answered.

“I thought you weren’t feeling well.” Matt asked Alissa, his tone was cold.

She looked at him questioningly, “I’m not. But he wanted company so I went.”

Matt didn’t say anything he turned to look away, Alissa creased her forehead. Wondering what Matt’s problem was, but was not in the mood to get involved. She opened the door to the club and walked inside, Carrick to follow.
Chapter 11 by RandomRambler
Alissa and Carrick sat in the dressing room that all three bands had to share, others in the room was Taylor Locke and Louis Stephens of Rooney. Louie was sitting in front of a television that had his personal video game system hooked up to. His attention strictly on the video game he chose to play for the afternoon. Taylor sat in the corner of the room, talking on his cell phone the person on the other end could only be his girlfriend.

Carrick and Alissa sat on the sofa up against the wall, both carrying on the conversation they’ve had going since lunch. “You know, I have to admit this now.” Alissa began.

Carrick looked at her confused, “What?”

“I’ve been a fan of yours for years. Ever since the Push Kings. But, I’m glad you are now performing in this band. I Loved the Push Kings but Everybody Else’s music is much better. Of course that’s just my opinion.” Alissa gushed.

Carrick just smiled, “So a fan for years, does that mean you know all about me, know more then I know of myself?”

“Well no, I haven’t been one of those fans that needed to know what toothpaste you use.” She chuckled.

“It’s cool.” He stared at her again, he did this a lot and it made her feel a little uncomfortable. She looked away and saw that Taylor hung up his cell phone.

“Hey Taylor, did you guys do sound check yet?” Alissa randomly asked.

“No, don’t worry you haven’t missed it.” He smiled.

Alissa chuckled, “That’s not why I was asking.”

“Your not going to be our groupie during sound check?” He asked hurt.

“I’ll be you’re personal groupie anytime baby.” Alissa playfully raised her eyebrows up and down, before laughing, “But seriously, I was just wondering cause, I know I need to try and run through a microphone check. I wasn’t feeling well earlier.”

“Oh, well, you can do it now if you want. We’re not going to step on the stage for like another hour.” Taylor got up and walked over to the couch and sat on the edge of the couch arm near Alissa.

“I think I will then,” She turned to Carrick, “See ya around?”

“Of course.” He smiled.

Alissa pushed up off the couch and headed out of the dressing room, heading straight up the stairs to the stage. She saw that the sound guy was talking to some people, so she waited until he was done. “Can I do a quick run through?”

“Just on the mic?” He asked.

“Yeah, I think the band already tested the sound for the instruments. I just would feel better if I work out the sound for my microphone.” She said as she rolled the mic back and forth in her hands.

She stood in the middle of the stage just looking at the floor as she began to sing a capella, “Sweet Dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree, I traveled the world and the seven seas. Every bodies lookin’ for something.” She walked back and forth on the stage listening to the sound from each amp that sat at the edge of the stage.
“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you.” She only sang half the song before stopping, “Can you turn it up just a little bit more?” the sound guy nodded and did what he had to do. She started to sing again, choosing a different song to make sure things sounded good whether it was a fast or slow song. She heard the music in her head as she started singing one of her own songs. As she walked to the left of the stage she noticed the room wasn’t empty, Matt was standing by the bar, watching her.

She stopped singing and gave a smile, “Hey.”

He just gave her a nod, but didn’t smile or show any warmth like he usually would with her. She creased her brow, confused of his new attitude. She sighed and looked over at the sound guy, “Can you set my in-ear monitors to have me in my right ear, and I want to hear the guitar in my left, please?” once again he just did what he needed. Alissa walked over to Infinite’s guitar rack, she grabbed her guitar that was barely ever used, a deep purple and white Fender Jazzmaster. She strapped it on her body, plugging into Dan’s amp so she’ll be able to get the feel of hearing him during the show.

She played a few chords of one of her songs, before singing a few lines. She made it short, she only needed to make sure she liked the volume in her in-ear monitor and she was happy with the setting. “Thanks, that’s all I needed.” She smiled at the sound guy as she went to put her guitar back. She pulled her in-ears out and set them in the case. She stepped off stage as Kenny and Mike walked into the club.

“How you feeling?” Kenny asked.

“Better, I still have a headache from hell. But I’ll live.”

“You felt better pretty quick after sound check, Least that’s what I hear.” Mike said annoyed.

“What?” Alissa didn’t like his tone.

“You couldn’t do sound check with the band, but you felt good enough to go out to lunch with Carrick?” Mike raised his brow in question.

“You’re mad because I went out to lunch? I didn’t even eat. Sure I went, but I was just keeping him company because he asked me to go along. I felt like shit yes, and you’re right it was wrong for me to walk out on sound check but my stomach was a mess and I needed to lay down.”

“But you didn’t lay down.” He pointed out.

“I did actually. And I’m really not appreciating your tone with me Michael.” Alissa was getting angry.

“Come on you guys let’s not do this here.” Kenny noticed Rooney was stepping onto the stage for their sound check.

“Tell him to stop acting like he’s my fucking father!” Alissa walked off.

“God! She’s a fucking Bitch sometimes. So fucking selfish!” Mike walked off. Leaving Kenny with the eyes of Rooney on him. He sighed and walked out of the club, embarrassed more then anything.

“Trouble in band paradise.” Taylor chuckled.

“Looks like.” Robert smiled.

“Come on you guys, let’s just get started.” Matt not finding the humor in the bumps Infinite has hit this afternoon.

Alissa walked out to the van and found Carly taking a nap in the back of the van, Alissa quietly grabbed her bag from the very back. Carly startled her, “I’m up. How you feeling?”

“Better, thanks.” Alissa spoke softly.

“You know you pissed everyone off right?” Carly sat up and rested her chin on the back of the backseat, watching Alissa dig through her bag.

“I ran into Mike and he was a little hostile, you feel the same?” Alissa looked up.

“Sorta, you understand why we would be upset?”

“I guess.” Alissa sighed, not being completely truthful.

“You cut out on rehearsal, when it’s important to make sure we all sound as tight as we can so every night when we are on that stage in front of an audience who hasn’t seen us before, they need to hear us at our best. Come on Alissa, we can’t slack on this band, not even an inch. It’s very important that all five of us are on the same wavelength here, you’re in this band 150% right?”

“Of course, look, I didn’t realize it was going to effect all of you if I didn’t finish sound check with you. I needed to lay down so I did.” Alissa got agitated.

“No, you went out to lunch with Carrick.” Carly through back attitude.

Alissa sighed, “He came to me and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him, I told him I wasn’t feeling well, but I’d hang with him if he really wanted. So I just sat there and drank some tea, I barely even ate rice. Trust me I wasn’t out having a huge lunch and having all this fun without you guys.”

“It’s not about you having fun without us. Jesus, Alissa we’re mad because you decided you couldn’t do sound check but you were able to go and hangout with a guy. That shows irresponsibility and lack of respect for your fellow band mates.”

Alissa frowned, she didn’t know what to say she felt like shit, and this time it wasn’t the hangover. Carly lied back down, knowing she got her point across. Alissa grabbed the bag and shut the back van door still with a set frown she walked away.


“Good show tonight you guys.” Robert waved to Infinite as they came into the backstage area straight off the stage.

“Thanks, Rob.” Carly smiled as she grabbed a bottle of water.

“Welcome,” He smiled, “You gonna watch our show tonight?” He asked her.

“Of course, I’m catching every Rooney show I can.” She wiped the sweat off her face and neck with a fluffy white towel.

“Great.” He answered as he rubbed her back. Alissa looked at the two and raised an eyebrow at Carly. “See you out there.” He gave a little wave as he walked away.

Robert followed Louie and Taylor out of the room, it was time for Rooney to hit the stage. Alissa stood in the corner of the room, even though the show went great she felt like she was still on a few shit lists. So she kept her distance. Wiping off the sweat as much as she could she sat on the floor and downed a bottle of cold water. Carrick pushed off the couch and walked over to her, he kneeled down to be at her level, “You want to get a drink with me?”

She looked up into his eyes and gave a half smile, “Not tonight.”

“Something up?” He looked concerned.

“I just think it’d be best I call it an early night.” She moved to get up off the floor and walked away from Carrick who looked very disappointed. Carly walked pass Carrick towards the mirror, “Hey Carrick, how’s it going?”

“Good, you enjoying the tour?” he seemed distracted.

“I’m having a blast.” Carly beamed as she looked into the mirror trying to do something with her hair, the club was very warm and that made it a sauna on stage. She watched Carrick through the mirror as he walked out of the room. Carly pulled a new shirt out of the bag she brought into the club, “Hey Ken, can you do me a favor?”

He looked over from the couch, “What you need?”

“Can you hold up something in front of me so I can change my shirt?”

He got up off the couch, “Yeah. I can do that.” He pulled off his blazer and held it up to block any view of her upper half. Carly quickly changed her shirt, “Thanks Ken.”

“No prob.” He walked back over to the couch.

“Any one else going to watch the show?” Carly asked as she walked for the door.

“You’re on your own tonight.” Dan answered while sipping on the beer he grabbed.

“Party pooper’s.” Carly walked out of the room and headed for the crowd to watch the Rooney show. She was able to enjoy the whole show without anyone bothering her, but as soon as it was over the fans noticed her and wanted her attention. Wanting autographs, pictures, and to talk. She enjoyed the attention from the fans.


“Hey Alissa!” a guy hollered.

Alissa looked over as she shut the van door. She smiled when she recognized the young man. “Hey Pete! What you doing all the way up here in Atlanta?”

“I missed the Athens show, so my buddies and I hopped in the car and drove to see you guys here.”

“Wow, that’s dedication. We need more fans like you.” She smiled giving him a hug.

“Well you know.” He smiled flirtatiously.

“So where’s the gang?” Alissa looked over his shoulder.

“Inside, I saw you walk out here so I thought I’d come talk to you.”

“Stalking me Pete?” Alissa teased.

“Shh, I still have that restraining order.”

Alissa laughed, “It’s great seeing you Pete. So what you think of tonight’s show?”

“Awesome, you guys are always awesome.”

“I think you’re biased.” Alissa smiled.

“Not at all.”

“So how’s you’re site going? I’m sorry I haven’t emailed you back about some of the stuff you wanted.”

“It’s cool, just send me the interview answers when ever you have the time. The site’s doing good, it’s not as good as your official site but it’s not too bad.”

“Oh come on, it’s a great site. The band and I really get excited about everything you fans do for us. It means a lot to us that you want to take the time and energy to dedicate a site to the band.” Alissa kept her smile.

“That’s cool. So can I get some new pictures of you for my site?” he asked a little nervous.

“Sure you can.” Alissa smiled, and Pete took a picture. “You should go find the rest of the band, they’re probably roaming the club. I know they’d be happy to see you.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna do that now. Thanks for your time Alissa.”

“No thank you, I can’t believe you drove from Orlando to see us here in Atlanta. That makes my day, really.” Alissa gave him another hug and then watched him walk away. She climbed into the van and opened the back windows, since the van was underneath one of the lights in the parking lot it gave her enough light to write in her journal.
Carly came out into the parking lot two hours later and headed for the van, she climbed into the back of the van, “Hey girl, you been here all this time?”

“Yep.” Alissa said not looking up from her book.

“Why? You should go inside they’re having a good time.” Carly smiled.

“Then why you in here?” Alissa finally looked up from the book.

“I needed to get a break, and they’re drinking a bit much. I can’t do that every night.”

“And that’s exactly why I’ve been here. I think I did enough partying last night for the rest of the week.” Alissa smiled.

“So you’re not hiding from the guys?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“Why would I hide from the guys? I know Mike was a little mad but..”

“No, not our guys. I mean.. Well you know, the other guys. Like Carrick, Matt, Robert?”

Alissa looked at Carly, “What are you talking about?”

“Girl, you are so dense sometimes. Okay how about I ask this question, What’s going on with you and Carrick?”

“I think he likes me.”

“Duh.”

Alissa rolled her eyes, “Well, I’m not interested, so now I feel bad, cause I thought he was seeing me as just a friend you know? And sure I like hanging with him and talking with him. But..”

“You’re not attracted.”

“Right.”

“So who are you attracted to? Inquiring minds want to know.” Carly smiled.

“Robert.” Alissa smiled big and slouched down in the seat, “God, he’s gorgeous. And so sweet, I get all those tingly feelings whenever he’s around.”

Carly smiled, “That’s cute.. So you’re not interested in Matt?”

“Matt? He’s a cool guy, and yeah he’s cute. But, it’s not like that with us. We’re just friends.”

“You sure about that?” Carly quizzed.

Alissa creased her brow, not sure of what Carly was getting at. Carly rolled her eyes, “Dense.”

“Why do you keep saying that?”

“Cause you are girl. You can’t just flirt with all these guys and not expect them to think that you’re not interested. Men don’t just turn on and off like that. Matt is very much interested in you and it blows my mind you don’t see that. And now you have Carrick also interested in you. Girl, you got yourself some issues to work out with the men around here.”

“Question is, is Robert interested?” Alissa bit on her lower lip.

Carly shrugged, “It’s hard to figure him out.”

“Yeah. So how are things with Ned?”

Carly sighed loudly, “I have a feeling he’s just interested in being friends.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Just the way he talked with me this afternoon. It was.. I guess like I’m one of the guys. You know like he enjoys hanging out with me but that’s it.” Carly frowned.

“Well, friends can turn into more. So don’t get bummed out yet.” Alissa reassured.

“Maybe.” Carly frowned and leaned back against the window, stretching her legs out on the other bucket seat. The two girls hung out in the van, talking and relaxing. Both enjoying the quiet surrounding while the rest of the band was in the venue.
Chapter 12 by RandomRambler
“This is our last day on the Rooney tour. Y’all sad it’s over? Or ready to go home?” Mike asked as he drove down the interstate towards Birmingham, Alabama.

“I’m gonna miss being on the road. But, I’m also ready to not have to sit in this van for a long period of time.” Dan answered.

“I’m going to miss it all, the traveling, the performing, the bands. It’s kind of sad we had such a short time to enjoy this.” Carly frowned as she stared out the window.

“Yeah, I’m gonna miss it all too.” Ken added.

“How about you Alissa?” Mike looked in the review mirror.

Alissa looked up from staring out the window, “It’s kinda sad. We’re making friendships with these people and now we’re gonna have to say goodbye.”

“Yeah, but this doesn’t mean it’s good bye forever.. Right?” Carly looked towards the rest of the people in the van for reassurance.

“It doesn’t have to be. But with the schedules we all live, it won’t be like you get to hang with them.” Dan answered.

“Yeah.” Carly frowned.

Three hours later the Infinite van pulled into the Zydeco club parking lot. As they all emerged from the van their bodies felt stiff and beaten up. “Good God, now we have to hurry up and do sound check.” Alissa sighed.

“Life as a rock star.” Carly smiled as she hopped out of the back of the van.

“Hey guys, you made it.” Taylor waved as he was going inside.

“Barely.” Alissa laughed.

“Long drive isn’t it?” He chuckled before he disappeared into the club.

Alissa moved in between Dan and Carly to grab her messenger bag in the back of the van. She placed it on her shoulder and moved away from the van staying in her own world. Until she saw Robert, she smiled “Hey handsome.”

He looked over, slowly a smile formed, “Beautiful.”

She walked up to him, he placed a hand on her back guiding her into the club, “Have a good drive?”

“Sure.” Alissa chuckled, “As good as a long trip can be in a cramped van.”

“I remember those days. Try driving through the desert in a cramped van.” he smiled. Robert removed his hand from her lower back and moved away, “I’ll see you later.”

She smiled and watched him go, Taylor looked over at her and smiled, She smiled back. Carly walked up behind her “We going to do sound check?”

Alissa looked over at Carly, “Yeah. Looks like we’ll have an audience.”

“Cool with me.” Carly smiled big.

“Hello Ladies. Now, how do you two do it?” Ned placed an arm over each of their shoulders as he stood in between them. Both girls looking up at him with smiles. “Do what?” Carly asked.

“Look so beautiful after a long road trip.” He winked.

Both girls giggled like school girls, “It’s a gift.” Alissa cracked before moving from his arm.

Ned still hanging on Carly, “What other gifts do you have?” He raised his eyebrows playfully at Carly.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” She flirted.

“Move away from the drummer Ned. We need her on stage.” Dan cracked.

Carly followed Dan to the stage, Infinite did a sound check like any other. But played off the fellas who watched. Everyone from Rooney except Louie was watching. Along with Carrick from Everybody Else. It helped with the energy on stage. Usually there was no effort in sound check, it was just enough singing and playing to get the gist of what the sound would be that evening. Today it was a whole other show.

After the thirty minute sound check the band stepped off stage. Alissa sat at a table in the corner, she wanted to watch Everybody Else do sound check and maybe hang with all the guys of both bands. She wanted to make sure to make the best of the last day. Carly walked over to Ned and Matt taking a seat across from Ned.

“Good Sound Check, felt like I got a free concert.” Ned smiled.

“Glad you enjoyed it.”

“So what’s the plan for you guys after today?” Matt asked while resting his arms on the table.

“Sadly we have no plans. But, I’m sure some shows will pop up. Ken will make a few calls and book something.” Carly smiled.

“Have you guys sent any of your demos to record companies?” Ned asked curious.

“We sent to three, but was rejected. I think it hurt our morale for the band pretty harshly. So we’re focusing on becoming stronger with our sound and then we’ll try again. I just think we tried to get signed too quickly.”

Both guys just nodded in understanding, “We’re gonna miss having you guys around here.” Ned smiled slightly.

“We’re going to miss all of this, trust me. We were all talking about it on the way here. It’s a sad day that’s for sure.” Carly frowned.

“Awe, come on, it’s not that bad. You’ll have more great gigs.” Ned reached over to rub her arm before leaning back in his chair.

“Of course.” Carly smiled.


Alissa watched Everybody Else do most of their sound check, she looked over to see that Carly was having fun talking with Ned and Matt. She thought about joining them but wasn’t sure if Matt was still in a bad mood. Alissa got up from the table and headed for the backstage area, when she got close to the door, she heard voices so she stopped.

“How’s things going with Alissa?” Taylor asked the other man in the room.

“What things?” Robert asked confused.

“Aren’t you two.. I mean, it seemed you two were enjoying each others company a lot.” Taylor tried to word things right.

“Yeah, we’re enjoying each others company.”

Alissa smiled as she leaned on the wall near the cracked door, listening to the conversation. Not feeling guilty at all for eavesdropping.

“So you’re interested in her?”

Robert just looked at Taylor trying to figure out what he was getting at, “If you mean as a friend yeah. I think Alissa and I could be really good friends. She’s a cool girl.”

“Is that all she sees out of it?” Taylor raised an eyebrow taking a sip of his Snapple.

“Yeah, we’re just friends. We would never work as anything else.” Robert chuckled shaking his head.

Taylor just kept his mouth shut and took another drink. Robert looked back at Taylor, “Why you ask?”

“No reason man, was just curious.”

Alissa stood there no longer with a smile. Her heart was breaking and no longer was she wanting the day to drag so she could enjoy each second. Now she just wanted to go home. She walked back out to the main room of the club, not looking up just focusing on the ground as she walked quickly out of the club.

“Where’s Alissa going in a hurry?” Matt asked as he watched her disappear out of the venue.

Carly looked over her shoulder not seeing Alissa anywhere, “What?”

“Alissa just rushed out of here.” Matt said matter-of-fact.

“I guess I should go check on her.” Carly stood up from the table, “Catch you guys later.”

“Latta.” They both responded.

Carly made her way out of the club and looked towards the van but didn’t see Alissa around or in the van. She looked around the parking lot and noticed the back of Alissa walking away from the club. Carly jogged towards her, “Hey wait up!” she called out. Alissa kept walking, not slowing her pace. “Alissa, Wait up!” Carly called out again while quickening her pace to catch up.

“What’s going on?”

Alissa stared at the ground as she kept walking, “Nothing.”

Carly creased her brow, “It’s something, come on spill.”

“I’d rather not talk about it. I’d like to be alone if that’s okay.”

Carly grabbed Alissa’s arm, “Come on, you can talk to me.”

“I feel like an idiot. And I’d rather not talk about it.” Alissa looked up at Carly, she wasn’t crying but Carly could tell she wanted to.

Carly looked back with sympathy, “We’ve all been there, you can talk to me about anything.”

“I thought Robert felt for me the way I do him, turns out all I could ever be is his friend.” Alissa frowned, a little anger in her tone.

Carly frowned, “He told you this?”

“No, I heard him tell Taylor. I’d die if he would have said it to my face.” Alissa brushed her hair behind her ears, as she walked over to the building nearby. She leaned against it, Carly followed.

“What happened to, ‘Friends can turn into something more?’ Isn’t that what you told me about Ned?”

“Ned didn’t say ‘It could never work as anything else.’ you still have hope. My hope was crushed into small little pieces.”

“You never know. Things change.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Alissa sighed.

Carly frowned, she didn’t know what to say, or do. This wasn’t her area, it was Kenny’s he was the one that always had the right things to say when ever one of them needed a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen. She wish he was there to help. The two girls stood there in silence, “Can I be alone for a minute? Please?” Alissa asked softly.

“Of course.” Carly walked off feeling bad she couldn’t help Alissa. When Carly walked back into the club she noticed Matt, Ned and Taylor all sitting around the table sharing a laugh about something. Carly scanned the room, not seeing any of the guys of her own band, she sighed.

“Carly , come on over.” Matt called out to her with a smile.

She smiled back, before she took a step she scanned the room one more time, no luck. She walked over to the table. “What you three talking about? Looks like you’re having some fun.”

“Just stupid stuff.” Ned smiled.

“Stupid stuff is always amusing.” Carly gave a half smile. She looked over at Taylor though he didn’t notice. She looked back at Ned who was just smiling away.

“Hey have you seen Alissa?” Carrick interrupted the four.

“She split.” Matt answered, his tone not very friendly.

“Actually she took a walk. I think she’s wanting some peace of mind time.” Carly added.

Carrick nodded, crossing his arms and chewing on the inside of his cheek, “So what’s up?”

Matt just starred at him, though no one could tell with his dark shades covering his eyes. Carly shrugged, as Taylor went to answer, “Not much man. Have a seat.”

“No thanks, uh, I’ll catch you guys later.” Carrick walked out of the club.

“What’s his deal?” Taylor chuckled.

“He’s Alissa’s shadow don’t you know?” Matt said annoyed.

Taylor looked at Matt then over at Ned who just gave him the ‘Don’t ask?’ look. Taylor then looked at Carly who was looking back at him. “No didn’t know that.” Taylor finally responded breaking away from Carly’s stare. He looked back at her confused. But she was no longer looking at him.

“Alissa has gotten a lot of attention these past three days from a lot of you boys. It’s hard to keep track.” Carly spoke.

“We don’t get girls around often enough. So we’ve caught ourselves swooning over you two.” Ned smiled.

“Is that what it is?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“Not really, but it sounded good.” Ned smirked.

Carly rolled her eyes with a chuckle, “Whatever you say.”

“So Carrick and Alissa are..?” Taylor asked but not completely finishing his sentence.

“No, they’re just friends. Though I think Carrick wants more.” Carly responded.

“What does she want?” Matt asked.

“What is this? The Gossip Mill?” Carly laughed.

“Sorry.” Taylor smiled, “Didn’t mean to come off like I wanted gossip.”

“It’s cool.” Carly smiled back.

Matt wanted an answer but he wasn’t getting it, “I’m gonna.. I gotta do something.” Matt got up from the table and walked out of the club, all three looked at each other though no one spoke.
Chapter 13 by RandomRambler
Author's Notes:
Feedback is love! :)
He leaned against the building watching her sitting Indian style on the asphalt parking lot. Her back up against the Infinite van. Her attention was completely drawn to a notebook she was writing in. She’d look up every few minutes, looking into space for seconds before putting the pen back to the paper. She had no idea she was being watched. He wasn’t intending to stand outside for the last four minutes watching her from a far. He really was planning on going to the bus to give his younger brother a call. But when he glanced over and found her he then found himself stopping in his tracks. Thoughts of not seeing her again, thoughts of her never knowing how he feels. ‘You’re in stalker mode man, this is so uncool.’ he thought to himself.

“Matt? Can I get your autograph?”

Matt pulled his attention away from Alissa and looked at the young stranger standing in front of him, a girl with big green eyes and shiny red hair. She had to be about sixteen, she smiled ear to ear but her eyes showed her nervousness, He smiled “Sure.”

“This is my first concert.”

“Ever?” He asked, giving her his full attention.

“Ever. I thought my parents would say no to seeing Rooney. But for some reason they were cool about it. My friends and I are so excited about seeing you guys tonight. I can’t believe I actually saw you standing out here.”

“Be sure to thank your parents for us, we love to hear about being a fan’s first concert. I hope you have a great time. Rock out tonight, scream your head off and enjoy the music.” He smiled warmly.

“Oh I will. I know I will. Thank you Matt.”

“Anytime.” He pushed his sunglasses up with his right index finger.

The young girl skipped back to her two friends who watched from a far, the little red head was very excited and it made Matt feel good. He looked back over at the van and frowned, she was gone.


“So what’s the deal with the females in your band?” Taylor asked Kenny.

“What do you mean?” he chuckled.

“They’re complicated.”

“Aren’t all women?” Kenny raised an eyebrow.

“Yes.” Ned sat down next to Taylor at the table near the stage.

Kenny smiled, “What is it that you really want to know?”

Taylor just shrugged popping a pretzel in his mouth. “I don’t know.. Nothing I guess, I just haven’t had a chance to really figure them out. I mean, like, they’re cool chicks and all. But, take Alissa for instance... Um, like is she..” Taylor popped another pretzel in his mouth but it was noticeable he was stalling not really knowing what he wanted to say.

“Is she always this forward with guys?” Ned blurted out.

“That’s not what I was asking.” Taylor was quick to assure.

Kenny just smiled, “She’s a flirt, always has been. But it’s not towards just certain men. She flirts with all men. I think, actually I know she doesn’t have a clue half the time when a guy is flirting back that he’s interested or if he’s just going along with her flirting. For as long as I’ve known her she’s never been the one to be like ‘Yeah this guy likes me, I can tell.’ you know? She’s more of the one being surprised to find out someone is interested. She hasn’t had many serious boyfriends. She’s had a lot of first dates.”

“So what’s that mean?” Taylor took a sip of water.

“She knows what she wants and if she doesn’t see it in the guy, she won’t waste her time with that person. She’ll move on and keep looking for what she wants until she finds it.” Kenny started bouncing his knee under the table. He knows Alissa would be pissed at him for talking about her.

“Alright, so what about Carly?” Ned grabbed a handful of pretzels from the bag Taylor was holding.

Ken sighed, he didn’t answer right away, “What about her?”

“What’s her history in the man department. Since that seems to be the topic we’re on.”

“How did we get on this topic?” Taylor chuckled, “We sound like gossiping women.”

Ken and Ned laughed.

Ken took a drink of his coke and set it on the table, thinking before speaking. “Carly... She’s... She’s an incredible woman. Actually we use to date.”

Both Ned and Taylor’s eyes got big. They didn’t expect that. “Really?” Taylor asked, “How did that work out? I mean it’s obvious you’re not together now. So how does that work in the band?”

“Works fine, we’re friends. It was a little awkward in the first couple weeks after but now it’s like no big deal.” Ken shrugged.

“How long were you two together?” Ned asked curious.

“About six months. We started showing interest for each other very early on. Like I was in the band for two months I think and we went on our first date and continued to see each other after that night. We got along great, we became close quickly. But for some reason we just work better as friends than as a couple. It just wasn’t working for us. We finally both agreed that we should be just friends.”

“And that’s cool? Usually when that happens there’s bitterness.” Taylor asked.

“No bitterness, seriously we both are happier as friends. She’s my best friend. We’re both much happier this way.” Ken nodded more to himself then to the two men.

Ned leaned back in his chair, moving his tongue across his teeth, “That’s cool man.”

“Yeah it’s cool man, if it’s the truth.” Taylor raised an eyebrow.

Ken looked him in the eye, held the stare for more then five seconds. Ned clearing his throat broke the eye contact between the two. Kenny shook his head. “There’s truth in what I said. More on her side than mine.”

Ned raised his brow at Taylor then looked at Ken, both just waited for Kenny to go on. And he did, “I fell in love with her, and she didn’t fall in love with me.”

Taylor and Ned got quiet, both feeling bad for pushing now. Kenny’s eyes were watching his hands pick at a water bottle. He never looked up at the two men as he spoke. “I saw myself being happy with this girl for the rest of my life. But when she looked at me I could see she didn’t feel the same. She saw me as a friend and I truly think she tried to have those same feelings to give me in return but you can’t make yourself fall in love with someone.”

“So you let her off the hook, you let her think you just thought of her as a friend too?” Ned asked softly.

“Yeah, I knew if she had any idea how much I did love her we could have never really kept a friendship. She’d feel awkward around me. And that’s the last thing I wanted. After awhile the pain of not having her love faded away and our friendship grew stronger. We both have found a deep friendship in one another. And I’m happy with that. I’m glad I have her in my life.” Ken smiled.

Both guys just nodded, still feeling they should have never pushed for the scoop but glad they did. “What will you be doing once you get back to Florida?” Taylor felt the need to change the subject.

“Working. We’ll go back to our day jobs and search for some gigs to play.”

“So glad those days are gone for us. You guys should send out some demos to more record companies. I know you tried before. But I think the band is ready to be heard again. Send to as many companies as you can.” Ned gave his opinion.

“If you get any bites, don’t seem to hungry. Really read over all paper work before signing anything. I would hate to see Infinite fall in with a bad deal.” Taylor shared.

“Thanks for the advice.” Ken gave a smile, “Well boys, I’m gonna go find my band mates and see what their up to.” He stood up from the table and gave a nod before walking into the back.


“Where’ve you been all day?” Carly asked Alissa as she walked into the backstage area thirty minutes prior to show time.

“No where. I’ve been around.” Alissa shrugged.

“Sounds exciting.” Carly chuckled.

“You ready to get off this tour?” Matt asked giving her a half smile, as he sat across the room from where she stood.

She looked over at him, “Yeah.. I guess.” She looked away and grabbed her bag. She dug through it and pulled out a few items of clothing and walked back out of the room.

“She okay?” Mike whispered to Carly.

Carly shook her head no, “She will be.” she whispered back.

Alissa changed her clothes quickly and returned to the backstage room, she noticed all of Rooney was now in there including Infinite. She could hear Everybody Else from the stage, she walked to the mirror and began applying make-up. Not speaking to anyone, nor listening to the various conversations being held. When she was finished she walked back out and stood at the side of the stage, it looked as if she was watching the show the three men of Everybody Else was giving. But she wasn’t watching, she was in a zone, far away from reality.


“This isn’t fair, You must stop!” Carly screamed out as she laughed hysterically.

Ned and Robert continued to torture her with tickling, “Be careful she might pee on you.” Dan said nonchalant.

Robert moved away quickly, “Seriously?”

Everyone laughed at him, Ned having no fear straddled Carly holding her hands above her head, “Is this memorable?”

She looked at him with a straight face, “For you maybe.”

His mouth dropped, “Alright that’s it.” he went back to tickling her she fought back as much as she could. Constantly trying to grab at his hands to stop him.

“Carly just tell him you’ll remember these past three days.” Louie chuckled.

“I don’t just give... AH!” Carly screamed in laughter as tears rolled down her face, “Stop. Ned please!”

He finally moved away from her lying flat on the ground laughing and catching his breath. Carly did her best to get her composure back. It took a few minutes. The rest of the room went back to their discussions ignoring her and Ned. Who both laid there on the floor in silence. Carly finally sat up, “I know I need to redo my hair and make up now. Thanks.”

“No problem.” He smiled bright.

She rolled her eyes and pushed up off the floor to hurry and get ready for the show. Before Infinite took the stage they were surprised to find Ned and Taylor on the stage. “What are they doing?” Carly asked.

“I don’t know.” Alissa creased her brow.

“Alright, tonight is the last night for this next band. All of Rooney is going to miss having them on the tour.” Taylor began.

“Yeah, they’re a cool bunch of people. And they can rock with the best. So give them a show to remember. They deserve your love.” Ned finished.

Robert squeezed past the band and took the stage with a smile. Ned and Taylor smiled at him, both not expecting him there. “Hey.” he breathed heavy.

“Out of shape?” Ned chuckled. The crowd laughed.

“Yeah, No, but really I wanted to say something.”

“Speak.” Taylor chuckled.

“This band isn’t signed yet and soon I know they will be. Because they’re too good to stay unheard. Just wanted to let all of you know that you’re about to see a great band. They’ve become our friends and they will be missed. But I know this isn’t the last we’ll see or hear from them. So everyone please give it up for Infinite.”

The crowd hollered and the band took the stage, all three guys of Rooney getting a hand shake or hug from each member of Infinite. Alissa took the mic, “Wow, thanks guys. We’ve all been pretty sad today seeing how this is our last show with Rooney. We each wanted to give Thanks to Rooney for having us on their tour. No matter how short it has been. But, most of all we’re happy to have made friendships with Rooney and Everybody Else.”

“Don’t forget the fans.” Mike said into his mic.

“Never will I forget the fans.” Alissa smiled, “We’ve had fans travel from Florida to see us, and that means a lot. It really does. To have support in the crowd is always comforting. But, it’s really awesome to find new fans as we found at the last couple shows. I hope some of you will find yourself digging our sound. So enough of the rambling. Let’s get the music started.” Alissa turned to Carly and her count off began.

Infinite rocked the Zydeco club with 180% full energy and love of the music. This show was the best of the three, mainly because they wanted to go out with power. The crowd gave them nothing but love and they knew it had a lot to do with Rooney giving them the introduction. Alissa pulled two fans, a female and a male out of the crowd to join her on stage, to sing the chorus of the cover song “I hate myself for loving you” by Joan Jett. The girl stood with Dan the whole time. The guy wandered the stage dancing crazy and just having fun until he had to sing, he always found Alissa to share her mic. Alissa really enjoyed singing this song that evening, she let loose. The band was having a good time along with the crowd. The two fans on stage danced around and sang like they were meant to be there. Rooney and Everybody Else stood side stage watching, singing along and moving to the music. “I think of you every night and day, you took my heart and took my pride away, eee yeah eee yeah eee yeah. I hate myself for loving you. Can’t break free from the things that you do. I want to walk but I run back to you, that’s why I hate myself for loving you.” The whole crowd clapped their hands to the beat, following the band on stage. The entire place was giving their full attention to the band. Alissa walked to the side stage when it was getting closer to the end of the song, she pulled Carrick and Ned by the shirt, “Come on you guys help finish the song.” All the guys of both bands came on stage. The crowd went wild the boys were all smiles as they stood on the stage singing along “I hate myself... For loving you.... I hate myself.... For loving you. I hate myself... for loving you..”

Alissa sang the last line “I hate myself for loving youuuu.” and the place up roared into cheers. Alissa smiled at the crowd then turned to see the guys clapping with big smiles. It was obvious everyone had fun. She gave Matt a quick hug, then Louie. Before they all exited stage. Dan shook Taylor’s hand as he walked off the stage.

“Whoo, that was fun eh?” Alissa grabbed a bottle of water.

The crowd cheered. “If you’re gonna go out, that’s the way to do it I think.” Dan smiled.

“I think you’re right. Well sadly this is our last song y’all. Thank you for being an incredible crowd. Hope to get to play for you again in the future. This song is called, ‘The Edge’.”

The song was an up tempo song about being tired of playing it safe and wanting to be taken over the edge. It was a fun song to perform and that’s why they always chose to end their shows with it. It never failed to keep the crowd pumped up for the next band. Once they finished they took their bows. Tossed their guitar picks, water bottles and drumsticks to the crowd. Giving the fans what they wanted. When they left the stage they found Rooney and Everybody Else standing there applauding. It was a nice touch to have the support of the two bands they admired. Infinite took the love and then gathered themselves and their things. All five took their equipment and bags out to their van. They went back inside quickly and watched Rooney.

Enjoying the show from side stage, all five of them for the first time in the three nights of being on tour, they all enjoyed the show together. Once Rooney finished the song ‘I’m shakin’ Infinite moved away from the stage and went into the crowd to get outside. They found they had a lot of autographs to sign and pictures to pose for. They didn’t mind at all they loved that the Alabama fans wanted a piece of Infinite. Carrick kept his eye on Alissa as she was signing autographs and interacted with fans, he was doing the same with his own fans. Once she stepped away from the crowd he excused himself and walked over to her, “Hey.”

Alissa smiled, “Hey back.”

“When are you guys heading back home?”

“We’re heading back in the morning. We should be home tomorrow night. Back to the norm.” Alissa gave a half smile.

“I just wanted to give you this.” He handed her a folded up piece of paper.

“What is it?” She looked at the paper with confusion before opening it.

“It’s my cell number. And my email address. I want us to stay in touch. That’s if..” He raised his brow in hope.

“Of course I want to keep in touch. You have your cell on you?” She held her hand out, palm up.

“Yeah. Why?” He pulled it off his belt and handed it to her.

Alissa pushed some buttons and then added her cell and home number to his phone book. “This way you can’t lose my number.” She smiled handing it back.


Carly walked back into the club to find if any of Rooney has emerged from the backstage area. She scanned the crowd there wasn’t too many people inside since it got real warm during the concert. She hung out near the bar and watched the crowd, she smiled when she saw him come out from backstage. Ned stopped and talked to people who noticed him. He would smile once in awhile. Mostly he would just sign things and pose for pictures, but not looking to excited about it. He finally made it to the bar, he didn’t notice her at first. When he ordered his beer he turned to his side and noticed Carly standing there, “Hey Carly. I thought you guys left.”

“Nope, we’re staying the night and heading back early morning.”

“Cool, can I get you a beer?”

“Sure.” She smiled.

Ned waved the bartender down and held up his finger to tell him he needed one more. The two moved through the crowd they found a corner table to sit at. They were left alone for the rest of the evening as they got lost in conversations with one another.


“Good luck with the band. Keep in touch with us.” Robert gave Alissa a hug before moving over to say good bye to Dan next.

“Hey.” Matt gave an effort to smile at her.

“Hey, can we?” She motioned to step away from the rest of the band. He followed. “Is there something I did? You seem to be distant. And I’ve notice it’s only towards me.”

He looked down before he looked back up he pulled off his sunglasses, “To be honest, I have been distancing myself from you.”

Alissa raised an eyebrow, “And?”

He shrugged, “Don’t know, just felt it was the right thing to do. Nothing against you Alissa. I just thought you might have enough men taking your time.”

“I’m confused. Why would you need to keep a distance because I have made friends with some of the guys here? I would have liked to have added you to my list of friends.”

He looked over to the others, “Looks like you should get going. It was nice meeting you. Hope the band finds success. You guys deserve it.” He gave her that solemn smile again. And then walked away disappearing onto the Rooney tour bus. She sighed and shook her head, giving a wave to the rest of the guys. Mike shut the van door and they drove off to their hotel of the evening.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10065