Stuck In These Moments by ResaD
Summary:


“…I still need you; I still care about you…”


Ever want to reverse time? Especially to your high school days? Well, it’s about to happen to five well known and talented girls. Journey with them as they head back to when they were mere no bodies, each lost in their own dream,, yet had the perfect chance to date and maybe even marry one of the Backstreet Boys.


Would you give up wealth and fame for love though? Give up your passion and dream to have your soul mate? Would you stay…stuck in these moments?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2099 Read: 2525 Published: 08/11/10 Updated: 11/05/10
Story Notes:
I know the guys didn't all go to high school together, some didn't go, but for the purpose of the story, just go along with it for now! Thank you!

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Chapter 1
Ever regretted your high school days? Ever look back; knowing your life would be so different if you chose another path? If you didn’t make the mistakes you did then, you would be so much happier now? Let me explain exactly where such thoughts are stemming from. My Name is Theresa. I’m a ballroom dancer, a rather successful dancer who has quite a bit of championship titles underneath my belt; but that alone isn’t making me rather happy. I have an awesome partner, but I don’t have love, which is what I long for.

I sighed, feeling someone start playing with my hair. I stretched my legs out, pointing my toes as I looked back at some of my best friends.

“That’s a bad sigh Resa.” I smiled at her and nodded my head.

“It’s honestly as bad as that look on your face right now Amber.” She smiled softly in understanding. “I just feel like…like I need more out of life. When I left high school, dancing was all I wanted to do. And I do it now, and rather well I think, but it’s not making me happy.”

“At least not anymore, right?” I glanced sharply to my right, my brow arched as I looked at the world re-noun chef, who was in high demand.

“What in the world? Isn’t Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie knocking down your door to have you come cook at their party?” Kris busted out laughing as she shook her head.

“Nope. Even worse. I got an email the other day from an AJ McLean, asking, rather kindly, if I would be so kind to make dinner for his reception in May.” Amber’s head quickly snapped to Kris, her brows raised high.

“And what are you saying? Kris, you can’t do it. You know they don’t belong together!”

“Amber, I realized you still love AJ here, but I need a paycheck too! You can’t tell me not to do it simply because you don’t want him to marry her!”

“Look Amber, none of us think AJ should be with Rochelle but we can’t change the past either,” I said, jumping into the conversation.

“Would you change it?” The four heads turned to look at Joanna, excuse me Joey, seeing as she would tear into anyone who called her Joanna.

“What you mean? Change what past?” Terri asked the million dollar question.

“Oh come on! You know that each one of us went to high school with the guys. And each one of us had a chance with those five delicious men, yet each one of us past it up. And for what? To follow our dreams?”

“Some of us are happy!”

“Yeah right Terri. You might be a great writer, but you have a boyfriend that cheats on you and you know it!” Amber said, crossing her arms and glaring at Terri.

“Look, ladies, Joey is right. At some point in our lives, we had the chance and lost it. I think, for the most part, we would all go back and redo it. But we can’t change the past, so let’s not argue about it,” I announced, flopping down on the floor.

“What would you change, Joey? There is no proof that the guys we knew in high school are the same guys that are famous now.” Kris asked, taking a sip of her drink.

“Nick Carter may have a ton of groupies under his belt and he may have grown up to become this amazingly sexy guy, but he still has the same soul that I knew he had in high school. He will still be the same runt that I used to pick on. That won’t ever change.” I rubbed my hands over my face before waving them in the air.

“Cool it, alright?” I sat up again, looking at each other, slowly starting to smile. “Who here ever dated their dream guy?” Each girl thought if over for a moment, recalling vivid hallways and annoying teachers. “I dated Kevin. Well, not really dated per say, but we went out on a couple dates. I even knew Brian and we went out a double date!” Terri cracked up as she recalled that.

“Are you talking about the day we went to the derby and fell?”

“Yes! But we didn’t fall, at least I didn’t. I was tripped and fell right into horse shit. I was so pissed at Kevin.”

“And than I tripped over your legs! And the men, all they could do was laugh! It was my last date with Brian.” She rested her arm on the couch, still smiling at the thought.

“It was my last one with Kevin too. But he still remained my dance partner in high school after that.” I sighed, finally glancing up and over the other girls.

“AJ was too much of a punk for me to date, but he was a sweetheart. For being that he’s a famous singer and I’m not quite that big, I was more into my singing in high school than he was. I didn’t want to get distracted than, he would have been.” Amber closed her eyes, letting out a soft giggle, thinking back to those days with AJ always around.

“This is going to sound horrible, but I felt like, maybe Howie was a little to, nerdy for me. I wasn’t quite cool, but I had my click and he just didn’t fit into it. Of course, that didn’t stop me from liking him; it just stopped me from dating him. How I could kick my ass now.” I glanced at Kris, offering her a smile.

“I think D and you would have made a cute couple.”

“Thanks Resa. So, Joey, what about you?”

“No, we never did. We kissed. Granted, it was for a school project, but that was it. It was rumored by his friends, and my friends, that he liked me, but was just too shy to really ask me out. And I wasn’t the type to go ask him out. But maybe I should have.” She shrugged, giving all of us a smile. “Like I said, I honestly think we would all go back and change the past if we could.”
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2

I ushered Joey out, giving her a hug.

“Resa, you know that I didn’t want to ruin this evening right?”

“I know Joey. You didn’t actually. It brought up a lot of wonderful thoughts from high school.”

“But Terri…”

“Terri went home to her lame ass boyfriend, pretending to be happy when we all know better.”

“That’s what I was hoping. I’ll call you later Resa. Bye Kris.” Kris smiled at her from the swing set and waved, sighing as Joey finally left too. I watched the last car drive off and took the spot next to Kris.

“Hey Resa?” I took a sip of my wine cooler, lifting a brow in silent question. “When Kevin got married, how did you feel?”

“Truthfully?” At her nod, I smiled. “Like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I was young in high school, and a fool. Kevin had a lot of talent, but I never thought he would become what he did. And, it’s not like I didn’t want him to be happy, because I did. But, like Joey suggested, I think I would go back and change my past.”

“But what about all your success? And that’s not to say that Kevin would have made it if you two hooked up.”

“I could care less about his money or mine. Kris, Kevin is really the only man I truly loved. I curse myself for letting him go. But, again, I was young, focused on what I wanted out of life.”

“Were you popular?”

“Hm, not like you would think. I had my group of friends. And Kevin was in that, and since he was a football star, I knew a lot of his friends. But, nothing like being a cheerleader.”

“Ah, like Terri?”

“Yeah, exactly. And you? How did you feel about D marrying Leigh?” Kris stopped the drink halfway up to her lips and turned to look at her older friend.

“I wanted to pull the woman’s hair out actually. I look at that man, watch him with his wife, and I am not totally sure that man is IN love with Leigh. I may not have dated him like he wanted, but he was still a friend, and I can see the difference in his eyes. That’s what bothers me. He’s settled and that’s something the old Howie would not have done.”

“I know exactly what you mean. I see it in his eyes too.” I raised my feet, crossing them at the ankles on the foot stool.

-----
Terri raised her eyes up and looked at her lunch date, finally taking a deep breath and than sat her fork down.

“You’re awfully quiet Amber.”

“I’m thinking.”

“About what?”

“About what Joey said. You know that what she said is right. I would love to change the past. Maybe than AJ wouldn’t be exactly what he is. Or had the problems that he had.” Terri reached for her wine, took a sip and leaned back in her chair, her lips pursed. She honestly was thinking that everyone had lost their damn mind. She was a no one in high school. In fact, she hardly even had a boyfriend. And you couldn’t count the handful of dates she went on with Brian as dating. And now, she was a well known author, been on a couple talk shows, and was even dating a current hottie. Why the hell would she want to go back to that horrible time just because she could have had the chance to star into Brian’s brilliant blue eyes forever, or had the chance to run her hand over that booty that she adored? Granted, put like that, she could understand when the other girls where coming from.

-----
Joey leaned back on the couch, curling her legs underneath her and paused the video she was watching, her heart pounding as she just stared at Nick. She groaned, her thoughts shifting in many different directions, but mostly about the relationship she threw way.

“If you keep thinking about it, you’re gonna make yourself sick you know.” Joey lifted a brow as she glanced at Kris, who sat down beside her.

“It’s true Joey.”

“I know I can’t change the past but…”

“But you love him and want him. Look, we all do.”

“Not all.”

“Oh, please, you know that you can’t count Terri.”

“She thought it was the dumbest idea!”

“That’s because it’s Terri. I love my friend but in all truth, Terri thinks she has it all. The wealth, the fame, the boyfriend. Okay, she has it, yes, but we all know the truth. She would just rather like to us than admit the truth, which, to me is way more stupid.” Joey sighed again, glancing at the frozen screen one more time than hitting the play button.

“I’m not crazy.”

“No one said you were Joey.”

“Wouldn’t you love to meet Howie now, see if he recognized you?”

“Of course. I guess I will get the change. After all, if AJ gets married, I’m gonna be there.” Joey giggled a little at that.

-----
Two weeks latter, I pulled up to the restaurant, grabbed my purse and made my way inside, seeing all four girls already at our normal table. I glanced around, feeling settling in the pit of my stomach. I took the vacant seat, setting my purse on the floor and raised a brow.

“What gives? You all seem antsy.”

“Theresa, what if you could meet Kevin again?” I glanced at Amber and shook my head.

“I know Kevin, thank you. Oh, just a water please,” I turned from Amber to the waiter, smiling slightly. “What’s this about guys?”

“BSB’s management called me up today. Rather, my management.” I rose a brow at Amber, waiting for her to go on before looking at me menu. I felt every girl’s eyes on me and folded my hand under my chin,

“Yes?”

“They want me to do a duet with the guys!”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10210