Bus Breakdown Bingo by JennayHeartsNick
Summary:

Everyone knows just how competitive Nick is...but do they truly know just HOW competitive he is? Let's find out, shall we?

 

 

 

 

This is my response to the August Challenge about the bus breakdown.  I decided to re-write a story I had written. I broke only one rule...I only used 2 members and only mentioned the other two..*smiles angelically*


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Nick
Genres: Dramedy
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 1813 Read: 2031 Published: 08/21/10 Updated: 08/22/10

1. Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick

2. Chapter 2 by JennayHeartsNick

Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick

Hey you fans! You know everything about us right? Yeah, I thought so. So it will come to no surprise to you all how competitive we all are with each other. You probably think Brian and I are the most competitive of the bunch but I'm here to tell you that Mr. Alexander James McLean has a competitive streak in him also. I thought I'd share this little story with you cuz, you know how things aren't funny when they happen and then when you look back at them they are fuckin hysterical? Such goes this story....

Ok, well, where to begin...it goes back just a little bit. We were on our way to the next venue and it was late at night.  AJ and I were sharing a bus and Howie and Brian were sharing another. I have NO fricken clue where we were or where we were going..I NEVER do...that was Howie's job, not mine. I'm just along for the ride.  Well anyway, we were out in the middle of nowhere when the bus gave a huge lurch and then just stopped.  The driver came back and told us that we were out of gas.  Now, how in the HELL does that happen? I mean seriously!?!  These damn buses hold a gazillion gallons of gas don't they? And how did the driver NOT know we needed gas!?  When I first met Dave, our bus driver, I thought he looked like a dipshit...guess my first impression was correct. 

"I called Tripple A and they said they would be out shortly to bring us some gas" Dave said.  "Meanwhile, just relax.  I called ahead to the other bus to let them know what is going on.  We will be on our way soon."

"Well that's just fuckin great" AJ said, "what the fuck are we gonna do in the meantime?"

Suddenly I got an idea.

You all know that I'm an internet junkie. Well, one day I got bored and was surfing the net and come upon this site called Absolute Chaos. Now, we, the other fellas and I, are all guilty of reading some fanfiction. What? Don't look so shocked! Our fans come up with some crazy shit man! I *polishes fingernails on my shirt* seem to be the most popular when it comes to BSB fanfics. Not that that's any surprise..hehe. I mean, you all either marry me off and have a dozen kids or I get cancer and have my leg hacked off! Illness is a favorite I've noticed. What do ya'll have against me!?!? I'm forever getting cancer! Ok, getting a little off track here. Where was I? Oh...Yes, we are all guilty of reading our own fanfic. But upon further observation of this site I also found that it has it's own forum. I couldn't help myself and clicked on the link and read through some of the posts. Before I knew what I was doing I had signed up for an account. No, I'm not giving you my screen name. What fun would THAT be! I've been a member for a couple months now and I think my favorite part of that forum is now the Bingo thread. I've played a couple times now getting my ass beat every time. This never sits well with me. I hate losing...at anything.

I walked back to my bunk and grabbed my laptop and sat it on table on the tour bus.  AJ saw what I was doing and KNEW what I was going to do so he went to his own bunk and retreived his own laptop.


*Flashback to a couple of weeks ago*

I had recently lost yet another game and I had yelled at the computer screen "OK!! Somebody cheated!! I just know it! They know its me and they KNOW how much hate to lose! I swear they do!!!". AJ had just gotten up from his bunk to get something to drink when he walked in on my little outburst. Laughing slightly AJ sat down across from me with the glass of milk he had just poured for himself.  This is how AJ had come to find out about my little Bingo games.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked me.

"Oh, I've been playing an online Bingo game for a while now and it seems like I can NEVER win. I get within like two words and someone else calls Bingo!" I answered almost screaming.

"Chill out dude! It's just a game" he replied.

"Aje" I said " how long have you know me? Hmmm? You know I hate to lose at anything."

"This is true. Ok, lemme see what's got you so pissed off."

 AJ slid out of his side of the table and plopped down beside me nearly spilling his milk all over my laptop.

"Damnit AJ!! Be careful!" I yelled at him. "They usually start a game right after one finishes and I wanna get the new one started and I don’t want you fucking up my computer before it does!"

"Well in that case...." he said as he got up again and walked back towards the bunks. He returned a few minutes later with his own laptop. See, there's something you may or may not know butt AJ LOVE word puzzles and shit like that. I suck at them. Always have. So it came to no surprise to me at all when he sat back down opposite to me again that he asked for the website I was on. Within minutes AJ has his own account and was rearing to go on the next Bingo game.

As if I wasn’t competitive enough already AJ had to join in my Bingo game too. So we sat there waiting for the next game to start. We didn’t have to wait long.

 “Finally!” I yelled. Yes, I get very impatient. Why I didn’t start the game myself? Well, like I said, I suck at this sorta thing and I didn’t wanna make up something dumb.

 “How do you play this?” AJ asked.

 “Open the thread and the poster will give you a list of words. You have to pick eight of them and email them to the original poster. They will be saved in your outbox but make sure you click on the little box or it won't save.” I explained as I was looking over the words. When I looked up AJ was looking at me with the most perplexed look on his face. I keep forgetting that I’m the internet swavy one of the group..well besides Howie. But he uses the computer for mostly business. So he doesn’t count. So obviously AJ had no idea what the hell I was talking about. I let out an exasperating sigh and got up from my own machine and sat next to AJ to show him how it all worked. After 15 minutes of saying the same thing over and over and over and over (ok, you get the point) I finally made my way back to my own computer. This was one of my favorite parts..picking my words. This rounds theme was, wouldn’t you know it, just my luck, “Nick Cancer Stories”. SEEE!!! I TOLD YOU!! I heard AJ snicker and knew he’d come to the theme.

“Shut up” I told him.

So we both set to work at picking our words. I had just emailed my words to the original poster and sat back in my seat.

“What now?” AJ asked.

 “Well, now we just have to wait. Sometimes it takes weeks for this to end” I explained.

“Well shit! I thought this thing would be over in a few hours” he said.

 About 2 hours had passed and about 6 other players had emerged. It was 2am in the morning when we decided to go to bed.

*end flashback*

I quickly went to my bookmarks and opened the link to the AC forum and found the Bingo thread.  AJ sat down on the opposite side of the booth, opened his laptop and did the same.  I had 6 words already and AJ, damn him! he had 9.  It started early. AJ was getting more words than me.  I knew this was gonna happen. That’s why it pissed me off that he joined in the first place. So I did what any guy in my position would do...I tried to sabotage his game. Yup, everything from unplugging his laptop to stealing his battery. Call it childish but this was MY game!! MINE!! I didn’t need any more competition. I sucked bad enough as it was.

I glanced down at the clock in the corner of my screen. It read 1:14am.  We were both just sitting there, staring at our sceens and refreshing every now and then waiting for the next word update.  FINALLY, after what seemed like forever, the update was there.  We both eagerly clicked to see what the next batch of words were.

Out of nowhere he screams:   “BINGO!!!!!!!!! I won!!! I won!!! What do I do now Nick?”

I’m telling you, I hit the fuckin roof! I started ranting and raving and throwing things. Then when I looked up I was right in front of the knife set that sat on the counter next to the bread box by the sink. I grabbed a knife and went for him. I don’t know what happened. I was in a blind rage! AJ looked up from rolling around on the floor from laughing at my temper tantrum that he didn’t see me coming until the last minute. When he finally seen me coming his eyes widened and he tried to scramble to get up. Before I knew what I was doing I had plunged the knife into his chest. I just sat back and started at him and what I had just done.........



Chapter 2 by JennayHeartsNick

“Nick!! Nick! Wake up dude!!  The bus is gassed up and ready to roll” AJ was yelling in my ear. He was shakin the shit outta me when I finally woke up.

“What the hell where you dreaming about?” he asked.

“Oh my God AJ” I said as I jumped up and embraced him in one of my huge bear hugs.

 “Get the fuck off me man! What the hell is your problem?” AJ yelled at me.

“Thank God you’re alive!” I screamed still wrapped around AJ.

“Nick, if you don’t get the hell off me I’m gonna kick you ass man!” AJ said still trying to wiggle out of my hug.

“Wow! I had the most worst nightmare Aje!" I said as I released him and he fell on his non existent ass. Helping him up he shrugged me off.

“Later man, there’s something I have GOT to show you! You had passed out so I was bored.  I logged onto that Bingo game thingie..and I won!!!"

AJ was cut off by my screams as I ran to the back of the bus and slamming the door shut as the bus finally started moving again to our next destination.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10237