Adventures in Babysitting: Nick's Turn by Christi-lynn
Summary:


When Baylee and James babysitter cancelled last minute. Nick gets a phone call from Brian, Howie and their wives. Nick agrees to watch them but has he bitten off more then he can chew?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Howie, Nick, Other
Genres: Adventure, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Adventures in Babysitting
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 5686 Read: 18654 Published: 10/20/10 Updated: 11/08/10
Story Notes:

Rated PG 13 due to cursing.

Go vote for the ABSOLUTE CHAOS FELIX AWARDS:

http://bit.ly/FelixAwards

1. Chapter 1 by Christi-lynn

2. Chapter 2 by Christi-lynn

3. Chapter 3 by Christi-lynn

4. Chapter 4 by Christi-lynn

5. Chapter 5 by Christi-lynn

6. Chapter 6 by Christi-lynn

7. Chapter 7 by Christi-lynn

8. Chapter 8 by Christi-lynn

9. Chapter 9 by Christi-lynn

10. Chapter 10 by Christi-lynn

Chapter 1 by Christi-lynn

"There goes are plans." Leigh said getting off the phone.

"What do you mean?" Leighanne asked her.

"Babysitter just canceled." She sighed.

"What? No! We always go out together ever third Friday of the month!" Brian complained.

"Well, we can't take the kids. It's a club." Howie said.

"Well, we have to find someone." Brian whined.

"What about AJ?" Leigh asked.

"No way!" Howie shouted.

"Nick could do it." Brian said.

"Nick?" Leighanne asked.

"Why not? Baylee loves Nick!" Brian smiled.

"I'm cool with that mommy." Baylee said entering the room.

"Thanks for your approval, son." She tried not to laugh.

"You're welcome! So when is uncle Nick getting here?" He asked.

"Uhh, we haven't called him yet." Leighanne replied.

"Oh..." Baylee said sadly.

"Are you guys sure about this?" Howie asked skeptic.

"Nick used to babysit Aaron and Angel all the time. The kids will be fine." Brian told him.

"I'm not worried about the kids. I'm worried about Nick." Howie replied making everyone laugh.

"I'm gonna call him." Leighanne said pulling Brian's cell phone from his pocket.

"Good idea. He can't tell you no. He knows if he pisses you off you won't let him hang out with me." Brian smiled.

He was really eager to go out and have some kiddie free fun. Ok, so maybe desperate would have been a more correct term.

"Hello? Nick? It's Leighanne." She spoke when he answered.

"Hey Leighanne. What's up?" Nick replied as she put him on speaker phone.

"We need to ask you a huge favor." She said then glanced at the other adults listen.

"We?" He questioned.

"Brian, Howie, Leigh and I." She explained.

"Oh no. What do you want me to do?" He asked.

Howie and Brian smiled. He knew them all a little too well.

"Well, Baylee was just talking about how much he really misses his Uncle Nick and..."

"No I wasn't." Baylee cut in before Leighanne continued.

"So anyway, by some odd work of God our sitter for tonight called and canceled. We thought maybe since Baylee misses you so much you would be willing to watch him and James."

"I dunno guys... I mean I really don't feel like leaving the house." Nick said.

"So we'll bring the kids to you." Leigh cut in.

"You guys James doesn't even like me." Nick argued.

"Sure he does Nick." Howie's voice seemed to plead.

"Come on Nicky. You know what Leighanne will do if you make her mad." Brian warned.

"Please Uncle Nicky. I wanna see you." Baylee begged after being coached by his mother.

"Why'd you have to go and make him say that?" Nick asked.

"Cause you can't resist him." Leighanne said smiling.

"Yeah, that's why I asked. How long?" Nick caved.

"Yeah!" Baylee cheered.

"Well, we where gonna go dinner and then head over to a club." Howie explained.

"So, like when to when?" Nick asked knowing if he didn't get specific they would use it against him.

"Like, 6 pm to...." Leighanne trailed off looking around for an answer.

"1am." Leigh added.

"Leigh?" Howie whispered.

"We havn't gone out since before James was born. I need to party." She batted her eyes.

"Fine. 1 am. How does that sound?" Howie asked Nick.

"That's fine if you'll let me be late to the studio on Monday." He replied.

"How late? Brian asked him.

"Say... 9am instead of 7am?" Nick questioned.

"Alright. It's a deal." Brian agreed.

"Good, I'll see you in about half an hour?" Nick asked.

"Sound good. See ya Nicky." Howie said.

"Bye guys." He said.

"Bye!" All for adults replied.

"Bye!" Baylee added and James waved from the exerciser he sat in.

Nick hung up the phone thinking, 'What did I just get myself into?'

Chapter 2 by Christi-lynn

The four adults and two children approached Nick's door when they arrived. Brian held onto Baylee's hand. Leighanne held James. Howie held Jame's pack n' play while Leigh held his two diaper bags. Baylee reached up and rang the door bell. Inside Nick groaned as he got off his couch and answered the door. When the door opened Baylee's arms went around his waist.

"Hi Uncle Nick! Where gonna have fun!" Baylee said then ran past him to the TV where Nick had a basketball game on.

"What's that thing?" Nick asked Howie as Leighanne put James in his arms.

"It's called a pack 'N play." Howie explained moving past him to set it up.

"Now Nick, James is kinda picky. He likes his bottles cold. The colder the better in fact." Leigh began to explain.

"Ok." Nick replied.

"There are two jars of food in here. He needs them before you lay him down for the night but he wont eat them unless he sees you taste them first." She continued.

"Perfect." Nick sarcastically said.

"There's a pacifier in his diaper bag too. He really likes it. So if he's crying you might try that." She finished as Howie did also.

"Nick, don't give Baylee anything sweet or he'll get really hyper just like Brian." Leighanne told him.

"No video games either." Brian added.

"We'll be back around one am! If you any problems just call us and yes, we'll call if we're gonna be late." Howie said then turned around and left.

James instantly began to scream as Leigh followed him.

"Have fun, Nick!" Brian said after giving Baylee a quick hug. Brian then left with Leighanne close behind to the car.

Nick walked over and sat on the couch staring at James who was still crying... err, screaming. Nick looked down at Baylee, "How am I supposed to make him stop?!" He asked the young boy.

Baylee smiled at Nick, "Uhhh, well he hates if Howie sings to him but maybe you can try!" Baylee suggested.

"Uh-huh...and what am I supposed to sing?" Nick asked.

"Hmm... something... like slow." Baylee said using his hands as he talked.

"Slow?" Nick questioned.

"Yeah like... Show me the meaning." He smiled.

"How does it start again?" Nick asked him.

"So many words fer da broken heart. Is hard to see in a grim sun love..." Baylee sang.

"Oh that's right..." Nick said then started to sing.

But he still didn't have any luck after he finished, he looked at Baylee.

Baylee thought for a moment, "What about a lullaby?" He asked

"I'm not sure if I remember any." Nick replied.

"Did your mommy sing to you when you were little?" Baylee asked.

Nick shook his head, "Nah, she wasn't that type of mom...not like yours...you have a kick ass mom!" He said with a small smile.

Baylee giggled, "You said a bad word."

Nick laughed, "Yeah, no telling on me 'kay?" he said.

"'Kay." Baylee said.

Nick then remembered one and started to softly sing, "Catapillar in the tree how you wonder who you'll be..."

"That's from the Miley Cyrus movie." Baylee said moving to sit by Nick.

Nick just kept singing.

When he finished James still cried.

"Quick Baylee, now what?" Nick asked beginning to get flustered.

"Uh, maybe he wants a bottle. My mommy says babies like bottles."

"Good idea." Nick said and stood.  He walked over to James diaper bag and grabbed a bottle and the formula can.

"Do you know what you're doing with that?" Baylee asked following him into the kitchen.

"I'm sure there's directions on the can." Nick said hoping he was right.

"Here Baylee, hold this." Nick said sitting him in a chair and handing James to him.

Baylee wrapped his arms around James waist.

James began to scream louder.

"Wash hands with... yeah yeah yeah, how do you make this shit?" Nick asked looking at the can.

"Uncle Nick..." Baylee trailed off in a sing song tone.

"Bad word, right." Nick said then looked back to that can. "Pour desired amount of water into the bottle. Add powder. How much powder?" Nick asked scratching his head.

"I dunno. Maybe you outta call Howie." Baylee suggested still holding James.

"No, cause then he'll think I'm stupid and never trust me again." Nick disagreed. "Oh here, to make 8 oz. add 4 unpacked level scoops." Nick read then began to make the bottle.

"Remember Leigh told you to use cold water." Baylee reminded.

"Yes, thank you." Nick smiled.

Once he finished he took James into his arms and gave him the bottle.

Nick couldn't even get it in James mouth before he ripped it away from him and did it himself.

"Well, that was easy." Baylee smiled.

"Right... easy."

Chapter 3 by Christi-lynn

CHAPTER 3

Nick walked over to the couch with James in his arms and Baylee on his heels.

"Uncle Nick..." Baylee sighed.

"Yeah?" Nick questioned as Baylee sat next to him.

"I'm board." He complained.

"Why don't you watch some TV. You can pick the Chanel." Nick said.

Baylee picked up the remote and clicked the 'back' button. Suddenly an image of two half naked girls kissing popped on the screen.

"Shit!" Nick said moving his only free hand to cover Baylee eyes.

"Uncle Nick!! You said a bad word...again!" Baylee said.

"Right, I'm sorry...and I need to change the channel so close your eyes for me, okay?" He said.

"Okay." Baylee said as he closed his eyes under Nick's hand.

"Closed." Baylee said.

Nick grabbed the remote and changed it to a basketball game, "You can open them."

Baylee opened his eyes.

Nick looked down at Baylee, "Don't tell your parents about this either, okay?"

"Okay."

Nick took a deep breath in then let it out slowly. The night had only just begun and he was tired.

"Uncle Nick?" Baylee questioned.

"Yeah little man?" Nick replied.

"I'm bored." 

"You're bored? Uh, how can I make you... un-bored?" Nick was almost afraid to ask.

"HIDE AND GO SEEK!!" Baylee cheered.

"Ohh...sure..." Nick said relieved, that was an easy enough game.

"I hide and you seek, 'kay?" Baylee said.

"'Kay." Nick said.

"Okay you can count to a million!" Baylee said grinning.

"A million? No fuc- no way." Nick said correcting himself.

"A thousand." Baylee questioned.

"How about a hundred?" Nick said.

Baylee shrugged, "Okay."

"Okay...Now go hide!" He said.

"Close your eyes first silly!" Baylee said.

Nick chuckled, "Okay." and closed his eyes.

"COUNT!" Baylee yelled.

"OKAY! ONE...TWO...THREE...FOUR...FIVE...SIX...SEVEN...EIGHT...NINE...TEN!" Nick yelled back then stopped when James threw bottle on the ground.

"Here buddy. Chill out in your pack in thing for a while." Nick said standing and moving toward the play pen.

James didn't respond.

"You aren't counting Uncle Nick!" Baylee yelled from somewhere in the house.

"ELEVEN... TWELVE... THIRTEEN..."

"Are you eyes closed?" Baylee yelled.

"YES... FOURTEEN... FIFTEEN..." Nick lied but kept counting and placed James inside his play pen

Once Nick reached eighteen his cell phone began to ring so he stopped to answer it.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey Nicky, what's up?" AJ's voice asked.

"Not a lot. Just babysitting James and Baylee." Nick explained.

"How's that going?" AJ asked.

"The Baylee part is a piece of fucking cake." Nick said after looking around for Baylee.

"And the James part?" AJ asked.

"Uh... once I figured out the whole bottle thing it seemed to get better."

"Uncle Nicky!" Baylee screamed.

"TWENTY FOUR... TWENTY FIVE... TWENTY SIX..." Nick shouted out and AJ laughed.

"Shut up, man...you try taking care of these kids...Baylee's easy but James, is so damn picky..." Nick said.

"YOU STOPPED AGAIN!" Baylee screamed

"I gotta go man...I'll call you back later." Nick said.

"Alright, man. Have fun." He said then hung up.

Nick hung up and started counting again, "TWENTY NINE... THIRTY... THIRTY ONE!"

James looked up at Nick and giggled.

"Don't you start." Nick warned.

James just laughed again.

Nick sat down on the couch closed his eyes and kept counting untill he reached his goal.

"ONE HUNDRED! ALRIGHT BAYLEE NOW WHAT?" Nick called out.

Baylee didn't respond.

"BAYLEE?" Nick shouted a little louder.

Still nothing.

"BAYLEE WHATEVER THE HELL YOUR TWENTY MIDDLE NAMES ARE LITTRELL!"

Chapter 4 by Christi-lynn
Chapter 4

"What do you mean you can't find him?" Angel's voice asked Nick over the phone.

"I mean I've everywhere! Under every bed. Inside every closet. Even behind the bathroom shower curtain. Angel you gotta help me out here! You babysit all the time!" Nick's voice panicked.

"Well Nick, have you tried yelling 'Olley, Olley,  Oxen Free?" Angel asked.

"No! What the hell does that do?" Nick asked.

"It means... I give up, you win come out from where your hiding." She laughed a little.

"I told him I give up and to come out." Nick told her.

"That's not the way the game works, Nick." She explained.

"Why not?" Nick asked.

"Just do it." She sighed.

"OLLEY, OLLEY OXEN FREE!" Nick shouted.
 
He paused quietly for a moment and heard nothing.

"See Angel not-" Nick stopped when he heard a funny sound from inside his laundry room.

"Let me call you back." Nick said and hung up.

He went into the laundry room and heard what sounded like a bunch of tennis shoes rolling around inside his dryer only it wasn't on.

Nick opened the door and saw Baylee, he let out a sigh of relief. "Finally! I found you!"

Baylee shook his head, "NOT TRUE! I win!! You said 'OLLEY, OLLEY OXEN FREE' SO I WIN!!!"

Nick sighed, "Fine you win." He said as they went back out to the living room area.

"You're turn!!!"

"No! No more hide and seek Baylee."

"Why?" Baylee pouted.

"Cause you scared the sh- pi- uh... you scared me really bad!" Nick finished.

"I did?" Baylee asked happy.

"Yes and it's not funny!" Nick yelled a little bit.

Baylee's eyes got big.

"When you heard me say, game over, you should have come out. It's not ok to scare people." Nick continued.

Tears formed in Baylee's eyes as his bottom lip began to quiver.

"No! No! Don't cry! I didn't mean to upset you!" Nick put his hands on Baylee's shoulders.

Just then James began to cry.

"Oh hell!"
Chapter 5 by Christi-lynn

Chapter 5


"Baylee, what's wrong with him now?" Nick asked.

"You figure it out!" Baylee pouted sitting on the couch.

"Baylee, I'm sorry I yelled, I really am...please help me!"

"No." He replied sitting back into the couch and folding his arms over his chest.

James screamed louder.

"Uh... ok buddy. Come see Uncle Nicky. I'll try to figure this ou- eww!" Nick said smelling him upon lifting him into his arms.

Baylee didn't move but he did smile.

"Great. Just great." Nick rolled his eyes.

He looked around the room aimlessly as if something somewhere would reach out to him and help him.

His eyes landed on James diaper bag.

"Diaper bag, diaper; yeah, that's it." Nick talked to himself as James still screamed.

Quickly Nick walked over to the bag and pulled out a diaper.

"Wipes." Baylee said not moving after Nick began to walk away from the bag.

"Wipes..." Nick trailed off turning back to the bag.
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
Nick laid James on the couch beside Baylee but Baylee moved to the big chair.

Nick took off James' jeans, and looked confused for a moment when he realized that James' shirt wasn't really a shirt it was something else that wrapped around him.

Upon futher examination Nick discovered snaps that when undone reveled the diaper.

Baylee giggled as he watched Nick slowly take off James' diaper.

"Holy sh- ships!" Nick said upon getting wind of the diaper.

Baylee simply laughed.

James screamed.

Nick then walked away to throw out the diaper.

Baylee shook his head, "Uncle Nick!!!!! You're not supposed to leave him alone on a couch!!! He could fall!!!" He said running over to James quickly to protect him.

"Oh..." Nick said turning around still dirty diaper in his hand.

"Could you watch for a quick sec? Please Baylee?" Nick begged.

Baylee rolled his eyes, "Only because I love him more than you."

Nick smiled, "Thanks." He said then went out into his garage and threw it in a trash can.

He came back and then looked at James.

"Wipes..." Nick said looking around then spotted them.

He grabbed them and then took one out, "Okay...what now?" He asked to no one really.

"Well first you should have kept that diaper cause second you gotta wipe the poop off his butt. Aunt Leigh always puts the wipes in the diaper THEN throws it away." Baylee said moving away from James as Nick neared.

"Why did you tell me that before?" Nick complained looking a little upset.

"Cause I'm mad at you! I'm not gonna help you do that the easy way if I'm mad! Duh!" Baylee said going back to chair.

"Gee... thanks Bay." Nick shook his head.

"Any time Uncle Nick." Baylee smiled sarcastically.

Nineteen wipes and a few moments later Nick had managed to get all the poop off James butt and surprisingly had done so without throwing up.

"Ok, so how do I put this thing back on?" Nick asked looking at Baylee.

Baylee drew and 'x' over his mouth and looked away.

"Right, your still pi- p- p-" Nick tried to come up with a censored word he could use. "Pretty darn mad!" He smiled proud of himself.

"That's a bad word too and if you do it again I'll have to tell daddy."

Nick rolled his eyes and suddenly felt something warm and wet his the front of his shirt.

James had turned into a water fountain.

"I forgot about that." Nick cursed looking close to vomiting again.

Baylee laughed.

"Stop laughing and help me please! I'll make it up to you! I promise!" Nick begged.

Baylee shook his head, "Fine, but you owe me!"

With that Baylee walked over and held James while Nick pulled his shirt off.

"Ok so how dose this thing go?" Nick asked looking at the diaper.

"The picture thingy goes in front." Baylee said.

"Right... right..." Nick said and began to put it on him.

After a few more moments Nick had gotten the diaper on and even figured out how to re-snap the strange thing James was wearing. He had affectionately thought up his own name for it.  'The funky ass shirt that snaps over the diaper thing'. Sure it was long but he figured if AJ ever got a turn at this babysitting thing it would catch on.

Once Nick had put James pants back on he had once again stopped crying.

"Perfect. Now what?" Nick said looking between the boys.

"You owe me!" Baylee smiled evil.

Chapter 6 by Christi-lynn

"What do you want?" Nick nervously asked.

"Ice cream!" Baylee cheered.

"You can't have Ice Cream this late..." Nick said.

"BUT YOU OWE ME!!!" Baylee yelled making James cry.

"Baylee, please stop. You're mommy said no." Nick told him putting James pacifier in his mouth.

"Then I guess I'll have to tell daddy that you was cussing in front of me... a lot." Baylee looked at him with an evil smirk.

"Are you blackmailing me?" Nick asked shocked.

"Huh? I didn't write you a black letter." Baylee said not knowing what 'black mail' meant.

"Uh, it means... I'm gonna tell if you don't do what I say." Nick explained.

"Oh well, yeah, I'm blackmailing you." He smiled rather proud of himself.

Nick shook his head. He knew Brian would be really angry with him if he found out about the cussing.

"Are you sure I can't like, pay you with a song or... something?" Nick seemed to beg.

"ICE CREAM!" Baylee yelled a little red faced making James once again cry.

"No no no, don't cry, please." Nick begged the infant.

"ICE CREAM!" Baylee again yelled.

James cried louder.

"Fine, fine, whatever you want." Nick caved picking up James making him not cry as loud.

"With chocolate sauce and sprinkles?" Baylee's eyes twinkled.

"No way." Nick told him.

Baylee opened his mouth and sucked in a big gulp of air. He began to let it out in an annoying high pitched scream when Nick clapped his free hand over his mouth,

"Alright, chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Just please don't yell anymore. Uncle Nick has a headache." He said.

“You should babysit us more often.” Baylee said smirking.

 

"No chance in he- no way!" Nick corrected as he placed James back into his crib.

 

This time he stayed silent.

 

"Why not? I'm having fun!" Baylee smiled.

 

"Cause Uncle Nicky isn't cut out for this." He said pulling the ice cream from his freezer.

 

"Oh, you're doing great. Giving into me totally puts you on top of my list." Baylee's eyes twinkled as he watched Nick scoop out cold ice cream.

 

"I'm sure it does." Nick rolled his eyes as he added chocolate sauce to the bowl of ice cream.

 

"Don't forget my sprinkles." Baylee said walking away to the table.

 

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it." Nick sarcastically said as he added blue sprinkles to the bowl.

 

Baylee sat down and waited as Nick walked over and dropped the bowl and a soon down in front of him.

 

"Looks perfect." He said inspecting the bowl.

 

"Glad you approve." Nick told him as he pulled a bottle of aspirin from his medicine cabinet.

 

"Hows come your taking medicine? Are you sick?" Baylee asked the place a large spoon full of ice cream into his mouth.

 

"Oh I'm sick, real sick." Nick said. 'Sick of you.' He added under his breath.

 

"What?" Baylee asked.

 

"Nothing, nothing at all." Nick gave him a fake smile.

 

Baylee simply stuck out his tongue and went back to eating.

 

Chapter 7 by Christi-lynn

CHAPTER 8


About twenty minutes later Nick had the mess cleaned up and James sitting on the kitchen table.

Nick had just opened one of the two jars of baby food.

His gag reflex kicked in as he took a wiff of the green goo.

"Don't smell very good?" Baylee asked.

"This cra- stuff... does NOT smell like peas." Nick complained.

"Betcha it don't taste like either." Baylee smiled.

"Wanna find out for me?" Nick asked hoping Baylee would fall for it.

"I'm not dumb Uncle Nick." Baylee told him.

"Of course not...Your smart." Nick mumbled.

Baylee hearing this and sang, "I'm smart and you’re not!!!" He giggled.

Nick glared at the young boy, "That's not a nice thing to say..."

Baylee then stopped smiling, "I'm sorry, but hurry up and eat it before James starts crying again."

Nick sighed, "Just do it, Carter...just suck up and swallow it..." He said to himself then shoved the spoon in his mouth and swallowed the mashed peas.

"Oh, god..." Nick choked as the food came back up. He ran over to the sink and took a glop of water.

James giggled and clapped his hands.

Baylee laughed at both of them.

"Alright, enough you two." Nick wiped off his mouth and sat back down at the table.

James smiled and cooed.

Nick picked up the spoon and scooped a little of the mashed peas onto it. 

James opened his mouth in anticipation.

Slowly Nick put the spoon in his mouth.

James quickly took the food and opened his mouth showing Nick he wanted more.

"You like this sh- stuff." Nick couldn't believe it.

James clapped his hands together again.

So Nick kept feeding him the jar until it was empty.

"Baylee, can you toss this out for me?" Nick asked.

"I can." Baylee nodded but did not move.

"Excuse me... Baylee MAY you toss this out?" Nick said after rolling his eyes.

"Yep!" He said then took it from him.

"I wonder if I have to taste this too?" Nick said picking up the second jar.

He stared at it then at James who was very happy at this point, he undid the lid and tried to make James eat. 

James closed his mouth. He wouldn’t' budge. 

Nick sighed and took in a spoon full of carrots.

Baylee's eyes twinkled watching.

Nick swallowed a big gulp of air. He pinched his nose to keep the smell from filling his nose and pushed the spoon into his mouth. Nick swallowed quickly. He began to cough and gag but quickly washed it down with water. 

Baylee laughed.

James clapped his hand together and opened his mouth wide.

"This is nuts." Nick shook his head giving James a spoonful of the orange goo.

James took it down and opened his mouth again. "Mo Mo!" He yelled.

"Baylee did he just call me Ma ma?" Nick asked worried.

"No silly. He means 'more more' cause that's what Aunt Leigh says to him when she feeds him." Baylee explained.

"Thank God." Nick sighed.

Baylee laughed a bit and watched as Nick fed James the rest of the jar of food.

"All done kiddo." Nick told James as he handed the empty jar to Baylee.

Baylee threw it away while Nick took James over to the sink to wash his face.

James screamed in protest as Nick tried to wipe his face with the dampened napkin. He moved his face from left to right and used his hand and arm to try to block his face from Nick.

"Hold still!" Nick complained.

Baylee giggled, "Uncle Nick! You gotta give him a toy or something to play with so he'll be distracted."

"Oh...Does he have any here?"

"In the bag."

"Can you get them please?"

"I can." Baylee grinned.

Nick sighed, "May you get one of his toys for me?"

"Yep!" Baylee said going over to James' bag.

He picked out a shaker and handed it to James.

James shook it and hit Nick on head with it.

"OW!!! HOLY SH-" Nick stopped himself. For a moment, he stayed quiet. "That really hurt." He said as he finished wiping James' face off.

Baylee giggled.

"It's not funny to laugh at other people's pain." Nick grumbled.

"But you do it to Uncle AJ alll the time!" Baylee pouted.

"That's different because when your a grown up you can do whatever you want and laugh at whoever or whatever you want." Nick explained taking James into his arms.

"How are you gonna make him fall asleep?" Baylee asked.

"Uh..." Nick trailed off.

Chapter 8 by Christi-lynn

Chapter 8 


Nick placed James down in the pack n' play and gave him his pacifier. "Now what?" He asked Baylee. 

"How should I know?" Baylee said giving him a 'duh' look.

"Well you knew everything else!" Nick said.

"Aunt Leigh takes him upstairs, so I dunno what she does."

“Great..." Nick muttered under his breath.

"You could call your sister again or Aunt Leigh." Baylee suggested.

"No way." Nick was determined to do this on his own.

Baylee threw his hands up in defeat.

"Uh let's try that singing thing again." Nick said.

"I'm not singing." Baylee told him.

"Fine, I'll try it." Nick said and tried to come up with a song.

"Try a Backstreet song. He likes those."

"Which one?" Nick asked.

"He really likes This Is Us..." Baylee replied.

Nick nodded, "Okay..." He said then started to sing softly.


Afterwards, James laid their unfazed by the performance. 

 

"hmm... Now what?" Nick thought aloud.

 

"You could call Howie." Baylee tried.

 

"No, I have to do this." Nick said and began to pace.

"Would reading him a story work?"

"Dunno, try it." Baylee said.

"Damn but I don't have any kids’ stories..."

"Make one up." Baylee suggested.

"Right, uh... Ok...so there was this boy..."

"No no, no... You gotta start with once upon a time." Baylee cut him off.

"Right, so... Once upon a time there was this little boy who was tired and wanted to go to sleep." Nick began.

"... But the mean, old, blond uncle didn't know how to make him fall asleep." Baylee added.


Nick shot Baylee a look and went on with his story, "...and the Uncle tried everything to make him go to sleep, he sang for him, he cuddled. He just didn't know what to do!"

 

"So the insanely cute and perfect nephew did something smart and turned off the lights to help." Baylee said moving to shut off the lights as Nick again glared at him.

 

James eyes almost instantly got heavy. 

 

"Then the uncle... Uh..." Nick trailed off unsure of what to say. All this babysitting was hard work. He was honestly starting to sweat.

 

"Maybe you should turn a fan on. You're getting all sweaty and wet." Baylee said.

 

"Yeah, good idea." Nick said and turned his ceiling fan on high.

 

When the two turned back around they found James eyes were closed.

 

"That's it? Lights and a fan?" Nick questioned.

 

"Mommy calls it white noise." Baylee shrugged.

"And you didn't think of this before?" Nick asked.

"No." Baylee said smiling.

"Alright...so now what?" He asked.

Chapter 9 by Christi-lynn

CHAPTER 9


"Go upstairs so we don't wake up James?" Baylee asked.


"Right, great idea!" Nick said and practically carried Baylee up the stairs himself.


"Uncle Nicky?" Baylee asked batting his eyes once they made it into his bed room.


"What?" Nick asked him.


"Can I jump on your bed?" He asked then smiled big.


"Are you crazy child?" Nick asked putting Baylee down,


"Yep, that's me!! I'm reallly crazzzy!!!" Baylee grinned.


"What do you think?" Nick asked


"YES?" Baylee said as he climbed onto the bed.


"No!" Nick almost yelled grabbing Baylee.


"Fine! TV?" Baylee asked.


"Sure." Nick said.


"Yes!" Baylee cheered softly grabbing the remote.


"Baylee wait!" Nick cried snatching it from him before he could turn it on.


"What?" Baylee asked confused.


"I uh... I don't remember what I was watching last." Nick said as he placed his han over Baylee's eyes.


Baylee giggled


Nick turned on the TV and saw two girls touching, kissing and moaning.


Nick quickly changed it to a sports channel and uncovered Baylee's eyes.


"Uncle Nick?" Baylee said.


"Yeah?" Nick said sitting the remote down.


"Don't you have a girlfriend?" He asked.


"Yeah...and you know her so why are you asking?"


"Well...why do you need to watch bad stuff if you have a girlfriend?" He asked.


Nick's eye's widen, "H-How do you know all that type of stuff? You're only seven!!"


"Mommy and Daddy gave me the how babies are made talk...and they teach you that stuff in school too and my best friend's older brother tells us stuff too." Baylee replied simply.


"Oooh...well then...you see...I haven't seen Lauren in a long time sooo...wait I don't need to explain myself to you! Just watch TV!" He said shaking his head.


Baylee shook his head and began to watch the TV.


"Don't you dare tell your daddy about that either." Nick warned.


"Why shouldn't I?" Baylee asked cocking his head to the side.


"Cause... I... uh..." Nick tried to think of something. "Oh, go it! I'll tell him you broke my lamp! HA HA!" Nick felt proud of himself.


"No, Norten did." Baylee said.


"Well...I'll tell Norten's mommy and daddy about what he did."


Baylee gasped, "NOOOO!!!! OK, I won't tell daddy ANYTHING. I swear!!"


Nick grinned, feeling proud, "Good, now watch TV."


Baylee turned back to the TV once again. 


Nick pulled out his laptop and messed around on it while Baylee got sleepier and sleepier.


Soon Baylee was out cold.


'That was so much easier then James.' Nick thought.


Having nothing else better to do Nick went on watching TV and playing with his laptop while Baylee slept next to him.


Around ten minuets later Nick felt a warm wet sensation along his side.


"Fuck!" He shouted jumping up as he realized what it was.


Baylee woke up hearing the loud curse word from Nick. When he realized what he had done he began to cry.


 

"No! No! Don't cry. Uncle Nicky isn't good with crying kids." Nick tried to calm him down but poor Baylee just kept crying.

Chapter 10 by Christi-lynn
Author's Notes:

THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR REVIEWS!!! :) There might another one...but I'm not sure yet. :)

 

CHAPTER 10

Nick was mad but felt sympathetic toward Baylee. He knew it had been an acident and he knew from his own days of bed wetting that Baylee had to be embarrassed.


"Baylee, did Norton pee the bed?" Nick asked.


Slowly Baylee looked up at him. He nodded.


"Well, you tell Norton I'm not mad. Okay?"


Baylee sniffled and nodded again.


Nick wiped away his tears, "Let's try to clean you up."


Baylee nodded and followed Nick into the bathroom.

"Everything's gonna be alright." Nick told him filling up the over sized tub in his bathroom.

When it was finished filling up he turned off the water and looked at Baylee. "You take off your wet things and wash up while I try to figure out something for you to wear. Alright?" 

Baylee nodded and watched Nick leave the room.

"Okay, what do I put him in?" Nick thought out loud.

He walked into his closet and looked around.

"Can't hurt." He said grabbing a large t-shirt off of a hanger.

He took it into the bathroom with him. "Baylee, I'm gonna take this stuff down and wash it. You finish up and put this on for now. Kay?"

"Kay." Baylee replied.

Nick picked up with wet clothes and took them along with the soiled bedsheets down to his laundry room. He tossed Baylee's clothes in leaving the sheets to be done the next time around. He wasn't sure how Leighanne and Brian would react to Baylee having an accident at age 7 so he set the washer on quick wash.

He left the laundry room and checked on James briefly before going back up to see how Baylee was doing.

He found Baylee wearing his big shirt sitting on the end of the bed waiting for him.

"I'm gonna take you down to one of the guest room to sleep." Nick told him.

Baylee nodded and stood.

Nick kindly placed an arm around Baylee small shoulders and took him to a room.

"Now, you don't have to go pee or anything else right now?" Nick asked turning down the covers for him.

"No, Uncle Nick." He shook his head.

A few hours later...

 

Nick was sitting on the couch watching some horror movie when his cell rang, "Hello?" He said.


"Hey, Uncle Nick!" Brian smirked.


Nick laughed, "Hey, are you guys on your way?" He asked


"Yeah, we're almost there! We'll be there in the next few minutes." Brian replied.


"Okay, see you then!" Nick said then hung up.


He ran downstairs and took Baylee's clothes out of the dryer and ran back upstairs. He then ran into Baylee's room and quickly but carefully changed Baylee back into his clothes, not wanting him to wake up.


Just then the doorbell rang and Nick gently picked Baylee up and walked down the stairs with him. Baylee never woke as he walked over and opened the door.


"Aww." Leighanne said smiling.


Nick smiled back and handed her Baylee.


Leighanne went to the car with Baylee as Brian, Howie and Leigh came inside. 


Leigh walked over and saw James asleep. "Glad to see he's in one piece." Leigh joked.


Nick chuckled softly, "He was a little angel, they both were!" He said as Leigh picked James up.


"That's good." Brian smiled as he and Howie took a part the Pack 'N Play.


Nick smiled.


"Thanks again." Howie said as he and the others left.


"No problem!" Nick said closing the door behind him.


He took a deep breath as he turned off the porch light and locked the door.


"I am never doing that again." He said then walked over to the couch and fell asleep.

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10323