Nothing Like This by Amber
Summary:


This is the sequel to "Today"... Please read that first! :)


 


Laney & Nick finally overcame all their obstacles & got married.  Now they're faced with a whole new batch of challenges.  Will their marriage survive?


 


 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Laney & Nick
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1626 Read: 1972 Published: 05/04/11 Updated: 05/05/11

1. Chapter 1 -Prologue by Amber

2. Chapter 2 by Amber

Chapter 1 -Prologue by Amber

Nothing Like This

Chapter One - Prologue

May 26th, 2017

So today I'm celebrating 5 years of being married; sound crazy doesn't it? My first marriage couldn't even last the first year & here I am so extremely happy with the way my life has turned out. I know that some of the things in my past weren't ideal, but I know that each & every thing that happened to me has brought me to where I am today & for that I am forever grateful.

My husband, Nick, has been back in the studio with his group the Backstreet Boys. They had just celebrated their 24th anniversary as a group, & had finally decided that the time had come for a farewell tour. So they were preparing a farewell album to go along with it. Most of the fans had respected their decision when they had made the announcement that they were saying goodbye, but there were the select few fans that thought they should go on forever. Nick & the rest of the group had decided that the time was right, and they wanted to hang up their hats & spend time with their ever growing families. I respected their decision wholeheartedly.

I had also decided to put my musical career on the back burner. I'd not decided on a farewell tour or anything like that, but I was very much a family oriented person these days. Our son, Grayson, is now 6 years old. It seems like just yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time & now here he was in first grade. He was a great little boy. He is a Carter, through & through though. There was no denying that. I knew that once he was at the age where he was into girls I'd be in for it.

The past 5 years of my life have honestly been the happiest in my life. I have the perfect husband, the perfect son, & I am so excited to see what the future holds for this Carter clan.

****

z88;

End Notes:

Please let me know what you think. :) Thank you!

Chapter 2 by Amber

Nothing Like This

Chapter 2

"Daddy, are we really gonna get to go with you?" Grayson asked Nick. I couldn't help by smile when I saw the two of them interacting with each other. Nick was an amazing father; he was almost a better father, than he was a husband. I loved the connection that Nick & Grayson have had. It's been like that since he was born. Deep down I think Nick kind of always knew that Grayson was always his. I am so glad it turned out that way. We had allowed Gray to attend a regular school in our town of Suffolk, Virginia. We'd decided to buy a house near my parents & raise Grayson in a town other than LA. However, I had just enrolled him to be homeschooled while we joined Nick on the Backstreet Boys farewell tour that summer. He was thrilled he was going to get to see his Daddy perform almost every night.

Nick smiled. We were sitting at the dinner table, enjoying what would be our last dinner together for a couple of weeks until the tour started. He'd be going to LA to finish up recording & start tour rehearsals, while I stayed behind with Grayson & got things ready for when we'd join him on the road. "Yup. You & Mommy are both coming with me this time. Are you excited about that?"

Grayson nodded his head vigorously. "I am so excited to see all the different places, Daddy. We're going to have so much fun."

"Yes, we are." Nick said. He looked over at me. "So which city do you think you'll meet up with me in?"

I took a drink of my water & looked back at him. "I think we'll try & make it out for the first show. I really don't want to miss any of this tour if I can help it."

"I love that idea. I want you two both to be there for all of it."

I nodded. "How are all of the other guys reacting to the fact that this is the last tour?"

"Well, Brian is relieved that it's finally coming to an end. He's excited to spend time with the familiy. AJ & Rochelle have the babies to worry about these days, so I'm sure he's fine with it. Howie is just planning to continue solo."

"Oh really? I didn't know he was still going to do music."

"Yeah. He's not ready to give it up completely yet. Me, on the other hand, I can't wait to be back here with you & Gray. You're my life now, this is where I belong. Not that I don't love & appreciate everything the fans have done for me, but we're going on 25 years. It's time."

I smiled at him. How did I ever get to be so lucky? I had the most amazing husband in the world. "So do you want me & Gray to take you to the airport?"

"I would love that." His plane was leaving later that evening. I hated to see him go, but I knew that it would only be a matter of time before I would see him again.

"Mommy, I'm done eating now, can I go outside & play?"

"Just for a few minutes, Gray. We'll be taking your Daddy to catch his plane in just a little bit. Make sure you stay in the backyard." Grayson nodded & took off for the back patio door.

"Do you think he's going to be okay with going on tour? He hasn't been on tour with either of us since he was a baby, do you think it'll be too much?" Nick asked me. I had went on tour a couple of months after Grayson was born, but since then he's always stayed with whichever one of us was home, or with my parents. I could understand Nick's hesitation for taking him on tour.

"I think he'll be okay. As always, the minute I think it's too much, I'll be on the next plane out with him to come home."

"I just worry with all the fans & stuff. He's never really been exposed to all of that. My fans can be pretty crazy & especially since they found out this is going to be the last tour."

"I understand your concerns, believe me. Sometimes I feel like the fans blame me for all of this, but I promise you things will be okay. The other wives will be there, not to mention all of the other kids. I'm sure Grayson will be just fine."

"You're an amazing wife, you know that?"

I smiled. "So I've been told."

He stood up & leaned over to kiss me. "I'm going to go make sure I've packed everything."

I kissed him back. "Okay baby. I'm going to go out back with Gray, just let me know when you're ready to leave."

****

I sat on the back patio watching Grayson play. I couldn't help, but think this tour would be a good experience for him. He'd have other kids to play with, something he doesn't get to do a lot at home. I'd wanted so badly to give him a brother or sister earlier on, but after seeing numerous doctors I'd been informed that because of the events that took place when Grayson was born I would likely never be able to conceive another child. Nick had been devastated when I'd told him. He'd never been one to want to have children, but after Grayson came along he had said on more than one occasion that he wanted a big family. I felt useless for a while knowing that could never give him that. It was the one dark moment in our marriage. We'd ended up in counselling, not so much to save the marriage, but to save me from myself. I'd slipped into a deep depression & Nick had pretty much forced me to talk to someone, for Grayson's sake as much as my own.

There is always the slight possibility of another child. I'm on medication to help with that, but it's not my main focus. Recently I've been keeping my mind off of all that by keeping busy with the beautiful son I already have. I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

"Hey Mommy, why do you look sad?" I guess I was completely lost in thought because I hadn't noticed Grayson come up & sit next to me.

"Mommy is just sad that Daddy is leaving soon. Aren't you sad?"

He nodded. "I always get sad when Daddy goes away. I get scared he won't come back."

I looked at him slightly shocked. "Honey, why would Daddy not come back?"

"I dunno...Sometimes I just think that maybe he has more fun out there than he does here with me."

"Grayson, don't ever think that. Your Daddy loves you very much. You're his favorite person in the whole wide world."

I heard the patio door slide shut. "Your Mommy's right, little man. You're Daddy's number one guy & I can't wait to get this tour done so I can spend every single day with you."

"And Mommy?" he asked.

I smiled. "And Mommy." Nick said with a chuckle. "This is my favorite place in the world to be."

"Okay, Daddy..." Grayson said. "I believe you."

I couldn't help but smile when Nick picked Grayson up & gave him a hug. My two guys. The two best things to ever happen in my life. I don't know what I would do if anything were to ever happen to take them away from me.

***

End Notes:

Follow me: @MimiMarie84

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10555