Remember Me, Once More by michxxblc
Summary:

Best friends turned lovers.

Suddenly everything falls apart and they go their seperate ways but, one has a secret and hasn't told anyone until now.

A chance encounter changes everything. Will they rekindle their love for eachother or will they continue to live their seperate lives?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 34263 Read: 33587 Published: 05/19/11 Updated: 05/17/12
Chapter 1 by michxxblc

Chapter 1

"I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in
this world..."


"Come on stupid traffic!" I yelled while honking my horn. "Late. Great. She's going to kill me!"

So let's just say that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Definitely not how I wanted to start my day. I was suppose to meet Maggie for lunch at 12:00. It's now 12:30 and I'm pretty much stuck in this god awful LA traffic.

"Okay, we're moving. This is progress. Come on people! Don't stop on me now. I have a freaking meeting to go to!"

And then... it stopped.

This is gonna be a LONG day.

* * *



"Hey! I'm so sorry I'm late. Got caught up in traffic once again. I don't even know why I decided to move back to this place. This traffic is just--"

"Well, hello to you too indeed. Take a breather. Sit. Give me a hug. You're rambling like a mad woman!"

Emma hugged her friend, Maggie and took her coat off, sat down and took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm fine. Just stressed. Awful traffic. But, how are you?" She asked her friend.

"I'm great. Work's alright. Josh and I are fine. You seem a bit tense. Like something's wrong with you. What's up?"

"No, I'm fine." She waved it off.

"Don't lie to be Em. You're not a very good liar. Did you forget that we've been best friends since we were like in diapers? I know you like the back of my hand. Something's wrong and you're going to tell me."

"I just..." She sighed. "Okay. It's been bothering me since last night... I mean, this might sound stupid but, yesterday I was looking through some old pictures and..."

"OH no. Not this again."

"Yeah. I came across pictures of... Nick. Me. Us."

"Oh honey. I know how the break-up was hard for you. I really do but, he hurt you. Really bad."

"No. See, that's where you're wrong. WE both hurt eachother. I just, being here... brings back so many memories. I thought I was past that part of my life. I thought I was over him but honestly, I don't really think I am. It's only been a year."

"So why did you move back? For him? Because, I have to tell you if he really DID care for you, he would've called. He would've visited. He KNOWS where you live Emma. I mean, for crying out loud you both live in the same neighborhood. He hasn't bothered since so, why should you--"

"No!" She yelled, interrupting her friend. "I didn't move back because of him. I moved back cause this is home to me. Even though we have memories here. This place will always be home and I'm just trying to find my own place in this little world."

"I know you are. It just takes time to get over something like that but, he's an ass. He's like the assho- Oh, I'm sorry."

She smiled sweetly and laughed. "It's okay. He is an ass. But, enough about me and my problems. What's going on with the event tonight?"

"Oh YES! Right." Her friend scrambled to get the papers out. "Okay. These are all the papers..." She said handing them to Emma. "The event is at Katsuya."

"Katsuya." She whispered to herself.

She just had to do it there, right? Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with Katsuya. In fact, I love that restuarant but, I have way too many memories there.

Nick. Our first date.

Our first official date as a couple. We did go out before. We could've considered those our "dates" but, this one has always stood out to me the most. It was amazing. We spent the majority of the night talking, laughing and just enjoying eachother's company. For the first time, I saw him in a whole other light and not because he was just Nick Carter... it was then that I realized that he was MY Nick as shelfish as that sounds. I saw him as a regular guy. Just Nick. A boy from a small town in Florida and my best friend. That was also the moment that I realized I was falling even more in love with him.


"EMMA?! Helloooooo." Maggie waved a hand in front of her face. "Jesus, where did you run of t- OH, I'm sorry. I forgot Katsuya is where... God, I'm really sorry!"

"No, no. It's fine." She smiled. "Really it is. It's not like he's going to be there anyways. Really, don't worry about it. It's fine. Just give me the details and time."

"Okay so the times are..." She continued.

I blocked her out though. I know I shouldn't have but, something about what I said have was lingering in my head. 'It's not like he's going to be there anyways.' Maybe I'm just putting too much thought this. Stupid me. He won't be there.

Her friend's voice broke her thoughts. "So now you have all the information. Let me know when you get there and I'll let you right in, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Sure, I'll definitely be there...with bells on." She smiled sweetly.

"Okay. I need to head out now. Josh keeps calling and you know what that means."

Emma laughed. "Alright, alright. Go home. I'll call you later."

They both stood up and hugged eachother and as Maggie walked away, she called out to Emma.

"Oh hey Em?"

"Yeah?" She turned around to face her friend.

"I know you still love him but, don't worry. He lost something really special." She smiled and turned away.

Somehow, I knew she was talking about Nick and as her words lingered in the air; I felt a single tear rolling down my face.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10564