You Get Me Through by ZieZie
Summary:

She was only supposed to help them out for the summer. Help choreograph a few songs for them and she was done. Well, God always has a different plan and he just set this one in motion.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Angst, Drama, Dramedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Child Abuse, Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1197 Read: 737 Published: 05/25/11 Updated: 05/25/11
Story Notes:

This is a side-story to my series What's a Girl to Do? which can be found on nsync-fiction.net underneath my penname Mack_Attack22. You don't need to read that to understand this but it would be great if you took the time to read that as well.

1. Chapter 1 by ZieZie

Chapter 1 by ZieZie

 

June 1997
Los Angeles, CA

“This is the first day of the rest of your life.”

A common phrase used when someone started something new, and potentially worthwhile, in life. It was a common phrased used in the Desrosiers family and she could hear her father saying it over and over again in her mind. It was exactly what Mack was hoping for as she looked up at the large dance studio that loomed in front of her. To say that she was excited was an understatement. She was beyond excited, thrilled even.

Her nerves bounced around inside of her and made her fingers twitch by her sides as she walked into the dance studio. The faint smell of pinewood and lemon reached her nose and instantly calmed her nerves. She was back in her world, her territory, and she was in control.

Lifting her bag higher over her shoulder, Mack walked down the halls of the studio glancing at the pictures of the greats hanging on the walls. Paula Abdul, Michael Jackson, even Madonna. She was going to be like them one day. That was her dream, to become a world known choreographer. Mack was a dancer, a very talented one at that, and she was about to start what she considered to be a dream job.

“Mack!” She stopped and turned to see who had called her name. Grinning, she rushed over to the African American man and gave him a big hug.”Glad you got here safely. How was your flight?” He asked once he let her go.

“It was great, Johnny. Smooth sailing,” Mack replied with a big smile. “A bit longer than I expected but I can’t complain. I got a decent amount of sleep so I’m ready for this.”

“Great. They’re ready to see you now,” Johnny told her and lead her down the hall. “I hope they remember you.”

Mack’s smile dropped and suddenly she was nervous, but she didn’t know why. She already had the job, Johnny had confirmed for her. While following him she quickly adjusted her shirt and athletic shorts. She looked down to make sure her shoes were tied tight. She then reached up and made sure her ponytail was tight. He stopped outside of a door where music was pouring out. Familiar music, she’s heard it on the radio about a billion times before and it made her nerves jump around inside of her. Her new clients were on the other side of the door.

Her hand was on the door when she heard a loud crash on the otherwise followed by loud peals of laughter. It was so sudden that it made her jump. Johnny laughed and pushed the door open himself and she followed him inside. The lemon-pine smell got stronger and she took in a few deep breaths and let them out slowly.

The room was covered in mirrors and the floor was so shiny that she could see her reflection. She looked up and covered her mouth to keep from laughing at the chaos that seemed to fill the room. Kevin was standing in one corner with his cell phone held up to his ear. Howie was in another flipping through pages of a large paper-filled binder. Brian and AJ were holding onto Nick’s hands and were trying to tug him out of the fallen drum set, all the while laughing hysterically. Fatima was standing by, shaking her head and rubbing her temples. Mack chuckled, dealing with five other guys herself she knew what Fatima was going through.

Johnny cleared his throat. They all stopped what they were doing when they realized they had visitors. Fatima shut off the music and walked over to Johnny. “What’s going on?” Johnny asked with a laugh.

“A normal day of rehearsal, that’s all,” Fatima replied. “We’ve only been here for an hour and I’m ready to strangle some of them.” Fatima looked at Mack. “This her?” She asked.

“Yes, this is your new assistant,” Johnny replied. “Fatima, this is Mackenzie Desrosiers. Mack, this is Fatima Robinson.”

“I know who she is,” Mack replied and shook her hand. “It’s an honor to meet you.”

“Nice to finally meet you,” Fatima replied. “Johnny’s been gushing about you for a while.”

Mack blushed and elbowed Johnny who grinned and called the others over. “In case you don’t remember her, guys, this is Mack, Fatima’s assistant choreographer.

“We remember her,” AJ spoke up. “Yeah, she was with her merry band of clones back in Germany.”

Mack tensed. She hated when people spoke badly about her friends. So what if ‘N Sync was doing the same thing? There was room in the music business for all of them.

“Ignore him,” Kevin said as he elbowed AJ who rolled his eyes and then lowered his sunglasses. “It’s good to see you again. How was your flight?”

Mack shrugged. “It was alright. Kinda long. How have you guys been?”

“Can’t complain.”

“So, how old are you?” Brian spoke up, looking her up and down. “I don’t mean to be rude but you look kinda…young.”

Mack smiled. She got that a lot. “I’m fifteen.”

The expressions on their faces were priceless, but also expected. She got that reaction a lot. She hasn't danced for long but she knew what she was doing and she hoped that she could convince them that she would be right for the job.

“You’re only 15!?” Howie asked.

"Yeah, but I’ve been dancing since I was four and, as you guys know, I’ve worked with ‘N Sync so….” Mack’s voice trailed off and her fingers drummed against the strap to her bag. “If that’s gonna be a problem….”

“No, it’s not a problem,” Kevin quickly interrupted throwing a look at Brian, “it’s just surprising is all. But Johnny must know what he’s talking about.” He looked over at Johnny who nodded and smiled.

“Good, cause it’s been a problem before and I’m really looking forward to working with you guys."

“Well, Nicky’s only sixteen so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem,” Brian said as he nudged the quiet blonde.

“OK, so, what was the plan? I’d like to get started right away if that's possible. Get a feel for what you guys are doing,” Mack said looking at Fatima.

She laughed. “Don’t get too excited. Why don’t we go out to lunch first? Get to know each other a bit, get a feel for each other, before we get down to the nitty gritty.”

Mack shrugged. “It’s fine with me. Where do you guys want to go?”

“McDonald’s,” Nick and AJ replied in unison.

“Can’t we go somewhere nice for once?” Kevin groaned.

Nick looked at Kevin horrified. “There is nothing more American than McDonald’s, Kevin!”

Mack chuckled as a small fight broke out between the boys as they walked out of the room. They were like ‘N Sync only a bit different. She already felt like she was back in her comfort zone. She was ready for this.

Johnny smiled to himself, watching as Brian engaged her in a conversation as they left the room. He had a good feeling about hiring her.

 

End Notes:

Please leave a review.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10568