Ultimate Contest by ResaD
Summary:

The contest: A scavenger hunt. Find all nine boys; answer the question, recording the road trip and the answer, than make those recordings into one cohesive and unique video.
The prize: A 72 hour visit with 9 men, or just 1 (your choice), staying in the same hotel, same floor, 1st row seats, and an exclusive party, just for the winners.
The age old question…what would you do?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Adventure, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3196 Read: 3243 Published: 11/07/11 Updated: 01/13/12

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Chapter 1

The stakes where high and everyone on the phone line had waited with baited breath. Somehow, we had managed to do a huge group call so that we could all watch the results together. This really was the ultimate fan event. You couldn’t buy this one chance, no, it rested on sheer luck, and of course, creativity. See, the contest of all contests, was a few different things rolled into one; it was part scavenger hunt, part acting and part producing.

The nine men that made up NKOTBSB were having the biggest fan contest! They were giving away front row seats, plus an exclusive after party to just those lucky fans, not to mention the 72 hour all day pass, which means you got to hang out with the guys. Did I mention that the winner was also booked in the same hotel as the guys? The only one down far, the show they were doing was over seas, in Paris. Not that it was bad by any means, but a trip over seas for half of us was one hell of a pretty penny. Yes, they weren’t covering airfare, but that’s beside the point.

What made this contest so unique was the nine guys were hidden through out both North America and South America. The whole scavenger part of it was chasing them, or their family members, and answering the question. You also had to record the trip there and the answer, which is were the acting came into play. Then, to wrap it up, you had to make it into one cohesive and good video and of course, submit it. Us girls, our group who consisted of Melissa, Medina, Rabia, Charyl, Desiree, Kris, and Theresa, all had planned out our course of action. And no, after a very hectic and chaotic month, we were all together via phone and watching the results.

“This is killing me!” All of the other six girls groaned.

“Shut up Resa, we can’t hear,” Melissa said, hushing Theresa, who merely smiled at her end of the phone. We watched as they (NKOTBSB) finally finished up their performance. Then those same nine men gathered together, and started joking around, making small talk, knowing all too well the suspense that every fan had. Finally, Jordan smiled and stepped out in front of the group.

“First of all, thank you to al the amazing fans out there. It was such a joy and pleasure to meet you all! And it was even more awesome to watch those videos!”

“He’s right. We had a hard time trying to pick a winner. But, you all know you had to pull the big guns out for this contest,” Brian stated, coming up next to Jordan.

“And some of you, just wowed! I think I’m going to the fans to have them direct my next video,” Joey tossed out with a laugh.

“So, though it was hard, we did have to pick just one,” Donnie said, teasing us all the more. “And they would be…Melissa, Medina, Charyl, Desiree, Rabia, Kris and Theresa! Pack your bags ladies; you are hitting Paris with NKOTBSB!” All seven of us could not stop screaming!

-----
Two days later, us seven girls were having another seven way chat, all pretty much still over the moon with happiness and giddiness over the upcoming mini vacation. We had a month to get everything we needed, including a passport.

“Do we have the airfare all covered?”

“Sure do Medina. I pretty much booked all flights to be landing in New York around the same time, so therefore we can fly out from there,” Rabia said, the smile all too evident in her voice.

“Can anyone else believe this? I mean really. PARIS! With some rather hot guys!” Theresa rolled her eyes at Charyl, though she couldn’t stop the little giggling from escaping. In all truth, she was right there with her. As was all the girls. The whole trip in finding all nine guys was horrible, not to mention very costly, but it worked out. All seven girls had a part in handling the video process as well. For them, it was honestly a group effort! And though it had its rough moments, it had been fun and they had a great bonding experience. And now, it was only going to get better.

“I have to ask this, can anyone picture what 72 hours could bring? That’s not including the day of the concert, or the after party, so that’s an extra bonus in added time.”

“I sure can’t Melissa! I mean, that’s sure a lot of time to be spending with fans. They really have to be crazy,” Desiree commented. All girls just muttered their “mmhmms” in agreement.

“This tops any interview that anyone has done with the guys. Or any phone call any one of us has had,” Theresa said, making Rabia laugh. “I mean, we dreamed about it, sure. We talked and laughed and enjoyed it, but we never honestly thought we would win. And now that we have, the biggest question, ladies, isn’t can we picture what that time will be like.” Everyone paused as Theresa stopped speaking. “The biggest question to pose is we have 72 hours of non stop fun with the guys. Just what in the world are we going to do, EXACTLY, in those 72 hours?”
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2

She walked into the store, shaking her head, her heart pounding. She lifted a skirt, making a face and putting it back.

“Theresa?”

“Yeah Charyl?”

“Thank you.” The other woman paused in her shopping to turn and face her friend.

“For what?”

“Because you stayed. Because you’re helping me shop!”

“Oh please. Kris and I both needed a little time to breathe after all of that.” Theresa walked over and gave Charyl a hug just as Kris walked in with drinks.

“Okay, what am I missing now?”

“Nothing. I’m just thanking Resa that you two stayed. I couldn’t do shopping alone.”

“None of us could, Charyl! Honestly, it’s all just mind boggling. Like Desiree is staying with Melissa for a few days, they are helping each other. Rabia went to PA to visit Medina. Right now, after the high, we need the common sense of other girls to help us. Otherwise, we all would be spending tons of cash that we don’t have, on outfits that didn’t work.” Both Charyl and Theresa just stared at Kris before cracking up, for they both knew and understood the truth behind that comment.

“Look, let’s just enjoy this girl time. We got three weeks before we’re on a plane and headed to Paris,” Theresa said, which then made all three girls squeal in utter enjoyment.

----
Melissa shook her head as she read the tweet from Charyl, turning to Desiree.

“Did you just see what Charyl tweeted?” Desiree shook her head. “She said that we had 3 weeks till all hell broke lose in Paris! I can’t believe its only 3 weeks away!”

“I know! And to sit here and think about the fact of that tough journey, of doing all we did to get that dang video.”

“Oh don’t remind me. My feet and back are killing me. Not to mention my credit card, or my husband.” Both girls giggled over that.

“At least he’s a little more understanding about this one.”

“He has to be. This was a shot I was not turning down.” Melissa sat down on the couch, kicking her feet up and sent out her own tweet, laughing at that.

“What did you say?”

“I said…’to all my UC girls, you know we’re going to rock it in Paris, bring the party shoes and sleep now!” Desiree just giggled, nodding at that.

“Party like a rock star…in Paris!”

-----
“Thanks for this little break Medina.”

“Oh girl, please. Everyone needed to stop and breathe” Medina laid down on the couch, watching Rabia. “Besides, it’s bad enough that when you leave, I’m alone. And will be alone for another 2 weeks!”

“You aren’t alone. You have us. Just in various other parts of the US. Or Canada.”

“I know. But you all are still so far away.” Rabia shook her head, grinning at Medina.

“Did you ever dream this would happen?”

“Are you kidding Rabia? Never in a million years. I mean, what are the chances? The odds? How many groups of fans submitted that and yet, they picked our video?” Medina closed her eyes, shaking her head, the smile huge upon her face.

“It’s a dream come true, that’s for sure!”

“It is. I’ve never been to Paris. Who knows, we have 72 hours with the kids, perhaps we might get to have a private tour or something? Now, that’s awesome!”

“Staying in the same hotel, going to a private party, being front row, that’s not amazing?” Medina lifted her head up and looked at Rabia.

“Are we staying in the same hotel room? Are we going to a private party where we get to have lap dances? Then there are still more awesome things out there.” With that comment, but girls busted out laughing.

-----
All nine boys sat down in their marked chairs and smiled at the hostess, who smiled back and then turned to the camera.

“Good morning Germany. Yes, to the all the young ladies out there, I am sitting here with nine very sexy men. Welcome to the show NKOTBSB!” She watched as the crowd went crazy, the nine men all smiling and waving, waiting for the noise to die down a little bit. “Okay guys. Hush it down. Let’s start off with the tour. You wrapped up the States the end of last summer, where there were rumors that there was not supposed to be any over seas shows. What changed?”

“The response was outstanding. We were constantly getting messages, either through twitter or though our websites about wanting the show overseas. And after much talking with each other, we weren’t ready to end the show, so we said we’d cross the ocean,” AJ stated, smiling a bit and shifting as the crowd started clapping again.

“Are you exited to be back over here?”

“Totally. There’s a respect here with the fans, for both groups, that we might not get elsewhere. Well, to be honest, I think there’s just respect with our fans period. But it’s like we’re coming back home for a lot of us,” Donnie commented.

“Exactly. For us, as the Backstreet Boys, we got started over here. It’s always awesome to come back and still experience the screaming fans. Though, it still freaks us out,” Nick threw in, joking around.

“Since you brought them up, I was going to wait for this question,” Michelle watched all the guys break out into a grin, glad she knew her guests to well, “but, you again, you made a mention. This contest.”

“We did a contest?”

“Yes Brian, THE CONTEST. What in the world made you guys even think of that?”

“A lot of things actually, Michelle. To help support my album, and to have some awesome interactions with the fans, I’ve done a lot of various contests. So, it started as a joke, really, but I threw it out there that maybe we should do one. Sorta different of course, but something unique.”

“Howie is right. Unique is what we wanted. We weren’t planning on making it very difficult for the fans, and for that, we apologize. But then the prizes kept growing, and we kept suggesting stuff. So by the time we had everything planned, the only thing we could do was make it hard,” Joey added.

“And yes, though there is only one winner, all the fans that submitted did get something. Simply because we knew how much time they had taken out of their lives to do it. And I tell you, me and the rest of the guys, were blown away, by how creative the fans were. We actually watched all the submitted videos, which was around 60 I think? But..wow…we joked about some of them being directors or editors on our video shoots, but that wasn’t a joke. Some have some real talent.”

“I’m sure they thank you for that too Jordan. What did you guys send out?”

“Oh different stuff. A lot of it was autograph stuff though. One was a cd, the other a shirt, things like that. Stuff we knew the fans would want, would treasure, and yet stuff that was a little worth while, since what they did was worth our while,” Donnie answered, shaking his head as the fans in the crowd all clapped loudly.
Chapter 3 by ResaD
Chapter 3

Rabia glanced around the plane, not really looking for the seat number, but rather the person she was sitting next to you. She stopped as she finally saw the person and both women jumped up, squealing as they both hugged each other tightly.

“Can you believe the weeks flew by? Oh my gosh, Resa, it is so great to see you hon!”

“As it is you Rabz! Sit, sit, we’ll talk. We have a lot to catch up on.

“Good thing we’re going to Orlando, so we have some time.”

“Eh, a 3 hour, 33 minute trip actually.” Both girls giggled, smiling as some people turned to look at them.

“And Charyl knows that we’re sitting together?”

“No! I’m surprising her Rabia. Right now, Charyl thinks we’re in different spots! It was a lot of work to get everyone together. Geez. And the flight there…” Theresa cracked up as she slapped the arm of the chair. “We take up two rows, and it’s a long flight there. The poor people on the plane will not know what hit them!”



For the next three hours, the girls talked about everything, pretty much ignoring anything that had to do with the Backstreet Boys or the New Kids on the Block. Work, and the problems they seemed to keep having was a huge topic. And of course, the joy of seeing all the girls again; thought that might have been bigger. And as they touched down and taxied to the gate, they both squealed again. Resa quickly picked up her phone as Charyl called.

“What’s up sweetie?”

“I see the plane. I’m the second group to board. And you are sure that we aren’t sitting together?”

“Charyl, I told you that we weren’t. Why would you think I would lie?”

“Not lie Resa, but certainly tease.” Resa smiled as she could picture Charyl rolling her eyes as she said that.

“See you on the plane!” Resa hung up and turned her head to look out the window, while Rabia picked up her book. They waited a few minutes before they heard someone speak up.

“Excuse me ladies, I hope you don’t mind my bag.” They both turned to Charly, who smiled wide and squealed as well. “Resa, you suck!”

“Shh, that’s on the down low!” She stood up and they all shared a hug before they sat down, once more quickly talking.

-----
Melissa grabbed her coffee and then turned around, searching through the crowd to see the other woman. And once her eyes landed on Desiree, she couldn't help the smile and then ran over to give her a huge hug.

“Oh my gosh, can you believe we still have two more flights before we even get to Paris?”

“I know Mel. And all of us…in New York…too bad we don’t have time to party it up.” Melissa rolled her eyes at her friend.

“Are you kidding me Des? You would rather party it up in New York then party it up with nine hot guys?”

“No, I rather party it up with the guys, you know that. But come on, this is New York. You know the city that never sleeps.” Melissa chuckled at that, and yes, nodded her head in agreement, for she could admit that she would love to party in New York as well. She linked her arm through Des’s and started walking towards their gate. “Can you believe it’s finally here? That the time flew by so quickly and…in just a few more hours, we are going to be in Paris?”

“Well, not a few more hours, but yes, I agree. I can’t believe how the time flew. I was on the phone the other day with Medina and we were just talking about what we had to do and now it’s here.” Both girls glanced at each other and squealed.

-----
Medina watched as every member got off the plane, her arms crossed and yet her excitement through the roof. And after a few more moments of her impatience getting the best of her, she finally spotted her friend. Kris ran over and gave Medina a huge hug.

“God, I never thought I was getting off that plane!”

“Hell, I never thought you were getting off either!”

“There was this one chick who seemed to constantly drop everything…but it doesn’t matter. I’m with you and we…”

“…are going to Paris!” Both girls did a little happy dance, neither one caring about the looks they were getting. They finally sat down at their gate and turned to face each other.

“I think Resa managed to roughly book us in around the same too.”

“Yeah. And I think we had a few hours to kill in New York before we are due to leave. Something about lunch at some place or other.”

“Knowing Resa,” Kris said, leaning back in her seat, “it’s some place nice enough and yet awesome enough for us to squeal.”

-----
“What do we toast to?” Each girl looked at each other and then finally at Resa, who asked the question to begin with. “How about to one hell of an amazing adventure?”

“Or to some totally kick ass friends,” Melissa suggested.

“I rather like toasting to nine hot men who made this happen,” Medina offered.

“I say all of these,” Rabia said, holding up her glass, followed by the rest of the girls. They all laughed at the sound of clinking glass.

“Where did you find this place, Resa?”

“Online. I figured, as friends, when have we really sat down and just chilled together Des? Like never. So, to kick this off right, we need to eat and party.”

“Some of us anyway.”

“Some of us can hold our liquor Rabia,” Melissa joked. All the girls laughed, enjoying this time together. Away from their stress and the problems of their normal lives.



Two hours later, the group of girls left, heading back to the airport and to their final flight that would take them to the most and best vacation yet.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10748