Lasting Impressions by Kyrie
Summary:

This is the sequel to "First Impressions." It's been a year and a half since Kat and AJ have seen each other. Can life bring them back together or is there just too much water under their bridge?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 59 Completed: Yes Word count: 48614 Read: 89621 Published: 06/13/13 Updated: 09/25/13
The Big Reveal by Kyrie
Kat opened the slider and stepped out onto the deck. She couldn’t believe her eyes as she stared at the sight in front of her.

“Do you like it?” AJ asked as he stepped out next to her.

“It’s incredible AJ.”

Snow was everywhere. There wasn’t one blade of grass on the ground and the snow had blanketed everything in the yard. Piles had been formed in different places and Kat noticed an inflatable igloo off to the side. Paths in the snow mountains had been dug and she could see the sleds set and ready for the boys. She turned to AJ and threw her arms around his neck.

“I love you AJ McLean!”

She pressed her lips to his and kissed him lightly. He picked her up off her feet and swung her around. The intensity of the kiss increased and Kat wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

“You are the most thoughtful, lovable, amazing man I have ever met.” Kat said when they finally broke their kiss.

AJ blushed. “I think you’re giving me a little too much credit.”

“I’m not AJ. This is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me.”

AJ looked her right in the eyes. “I’d do anything for you Kat. Whatever it takes to make you smile and to be happy, I’ll do it.”

Kat smiled brightly. “I am the luckiest woman on the planet. I couldn’t ask for any man better than you.”

“I don’t know about that but I do know you make me a better man. I’ve seen how tough the last few months have been on you and all I want is to make it easier for you.”

“Well you did.” Kat said with a huge smile. “How did you do all this?”

“Nick, Brenda and the guys helped.”

“So you were up to something that day you left early!”

“I was. I’m sorry that I lied to you and that I made Brenda lie for me. I just really wanted this to be a surprise for you.”

“I guess I can let it slide this time.” Kat put her hand on his cheek and kissed him gently. “I really do love you.”

“I know and I love you more than you will ever know.”

Kat was about to say something when she heard two little voices yelling and turned to find the two boys running around on the deck in the snow. AJ laughed and took them inside to get them dressed for the snow. Kat turned to look at the winter wonderland laid out before her and she knew she would never be able to repay AJ for all he’d done for her.

-------------------------

The guys, their wives, their kids and Brenda all arrived an hour later. They found Kat and Jake sliding down the snow hill while AJ and Ryan were bouncing around in the igloo making snow fly everywhere.

“I see you all started the party before we got here!” Brian yelled as he let Baylee take off towards the igloo. James and Mason raced to the sledding hill and grabbed one of the plastic flyers they had.

“You better go help our son before he goes flying off across the yard.” Leigh told Howie.

He and Kevin headed over to the hill and caught Kat’s sled as it came down.

“How about letting us watch Jake and you go take a rest?” Kevin asked Kat helping her up.

“Normally I would argue with you but he’s wearing me out! I think we’ve been up and down this hill a hundred times.”

“It’s definitely our turn then.” Howie said with a laugh and a hug. “Why don’t you join the girls and we’ll take care of this one.”

Kat nodded and walked over to where the girls were congregating.

“Where are Brian and Nick?” she asked.

Brenda started laughing and pointed to the igloo. Brian, Baylee, Nick, AJ and Ryan were bouncing around and shaking the entire inflatable toy.

“I can’t tell who’s having a better time, the kids or the guys!” Kristen exclaimed.

“I definitely think it’s the guys.” Leighanne answered. “Thanks for having all of us over. I know this was a surprise for you.”

“Anytime.” Kat said with a smile. “I can’t take advantage of all the snow so everyone else might as well be able to enjoy it.”

“Why do we sit down and let you rest?” Brenda whispered dragging Kat over to a chair. “I think you’ve had enough excitement for a while.”

The girls sat at the table for a while watching the guys and the kids play around. All of them wound up in the igloo at one point and were launching themselves around. Kristen decided it was time for dinner and turned around to get their attention.

“Hey guys…..” Kristen started to say as her mouth dropped open. All of the women watched in horror as the igloo sprung a leak and started to deflate.

“Some help here would be nice!” Nick yelled as they slid themselves out. Instead of seeing the girls head towards them, Nick turned around and saw Brenda and Kat in hysterics while Leigh, Kristen and Leighanne were doubled over laughing. Brenda had even managed to grab hold of Kat’s camera to take a few shots as the igloo came down around them.

“Thanks everyone.” Brian shouted making it to the stairs finally. “You guys could have helped us.”

“No way.” Kat cried, trying to catch her breath. “I think that may have been the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Thanks honey.” AJ came over and wrapped his arms around Kat. “I thought you’d save us.”

“Sorry, I was too busy laughing.”

Everyone, with the exception of Kat and AJ, rounded up the kids and headed inside to grab dinner. Kat walked down the stairs and sat down in the snow at the bottom.

“What are you doing?” AJ called.

She leaned backwards and stretched her arms out, moving them up and down. “I’m making a snow angel!”

AJ watched as this peaceful look passed over her face and he grabbed the camera and took a few pictures.

“Well now you’re immortalized as an angel!” he shouted as he watched her lay there.

As happy as she was in that moment, a part of Kat could only hope that she wouldn’t have to know if he was right anytime soon.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11107