Everything, But Mine by Kelsie_Lynn
Past Featured StorySummary:

A chance of a lifetime millions of girls would die for. A budding romance any would wish for. A curveball no one would ever see coming. 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys, Fanfiction > Music > New Kids on the Block Characters: Donnie, Group, Nick
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 19865 Read: 39458 Published: 06/19/13 Updated: 08/26/13

1. Prologue - The Call by Kelsie_Lynn

2. Chapter 1 - Reunited by Kelsie_Lynn

3. Chapter 2 - First Impressions Are Ever Lasting by Kelsie_Lynn

4. Chapter 3 - Small Talk by Kelsie_Lynn

5. Chapter 4 - A Little Morning Flirt Before Breakfast by Kelsie_Lynn

6. Chapter 5 - Brotherly Advice by Kelsie_Lynn

7. Chapter 6 - Getting to Know You by Kelsie_Lynn

8. Chapter 7 - Kickoff and Kicking It by Kelsie_Lynn

9. Chapter 8 - Twenty Questions by Kelsie_Lynn

10. Chapter 9 - The Morning After by Kelsie_Lynn

11. Chapter 10 - Prove Me Wrong by Kelsie_Lynn

12. Chapter 11 - I Guess? by Kelsie_Lynn

13. Chapter 12 - Cheers by Kelsie_Lynn

14. Chapter 13 - She Said. He Said. They Said. by Kelsie_Lynn

15. Chapter 14 - Awkward by Kelsie_Lynn

16. Chapter 15 - Meet My Tour Dad by Kelsie_Lynn

17. Chapter 16 - Are You Guys Like, Dating? by Kelsie_Lynn

18. Chapter 17 - Under The Stars by Kelsie_Lynn

19. Chapter 18 - Text Messages and Questions Galore by Kelsie_Lynn

20. Chapter 19 - Jump Off It by Kelsie_Lynn

21. Chapter 20 - Well, That Didn't Take Long by Kelsie_Lynn

22. Chapter 21 - Jonathan Knight, Right Again by Kelsie_Lynn

23. Chapter 22 - Stir Fry and C-Blocks by Kelsie_Lynn

Prologue - The Call by Kelsie_Lynn

22 year old Mackenzie, Kazie to most, Littrell flung her purse on her bed, and flopped down next to it. Today was her last day of her junior year semester at William Paterson University, in Wayne, New Jersey. Kazie had made the move from Kentucky to New Jersey three years ago, and was loving every minute of it. Sure, she missed the simple life she left behind down south, but the excitement from "the city life" is what she longed for. A communications major, Kazie was on her way of fufilling her dream in becoming a journalist. 

Grabbing her phone, she checked her text messages, that kept going off during her final exam. 

"D, Anna, Vicky, Jay," she said under her breath, scrolling. Tossing her phone aside, she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath in. She had been busting her ass the last few months, taking as many credits as she could. Her final fall semester would consist of an internship in New York City. So far, she was accepted at Cosmopolitan, and Seventeen. The dream though was Rolling Stone or People. She figured though if those didn't come through just yet, it just meant she was meant to work there once she was an established writer. Now, she could focus packing for the summer ahead. She had been rooming with two other girls; Jaime, and Alexa, both who went to school with her, but now that school was coming to an end, she would be spending her summer back in Kentucky. Or, at least so she thought.

Her concentration on where her big suitcase was, was broken by the vibration of her cell phone. Opening her ice blue eyes, she reached over, and picked it up. 

"Bri-Yah," the screen flashed. A huge smile formed across her face, and she hit 'Accept'.

"BRI-YAH!" she exclaimed, sitting up, Indian style.

"Kazieeeee," the southern drawl voice on the other end replied. "How's my best cousin doing?"

"Good! I just finished my last day of the semester. I'm gonna start packing tonight. I fly back home on Friday."

"Awesome, chicky. I'm proud of you! But, do you REALLY wanna spend the summer in boring 'ol Kentucky?" Brian asked.

"Well, not really. Why? You suggesting something?"

"I sure am. I know you're working on your internship in the fall, and although your resume, I'm sure, is quite impressive, I thought maybe I can help spice it up." 

Kazie raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

"I talked to your mom last night. I want to know if you want to join me, and the fellas on tour this summer? Really witness first hand the tour life. Review our concerts. All that fun stuff."

"OH MY GOD! Are you serious?!" Kazie said, jumping off her bed, and nearly tripping over her own two feet. "What did my mom say??"

"She said as long as I make sure you're taken care of, and safe, and seeing as we're going to have minium 8 bodyguards with us, at all times, I think we can handle that, then yes." 

"YES! OH MY GOD! YES! Brian, thank you, and Kev, SO much!" Kazie said, feeling tears form in her eyes.

"You're welcome sweetie. We're going to meet you Illinois on Thursday morning. I'll arrange all your flight plans."

"Yay! I can't wait!" Kazie said, jumping up, and down.

"Us either. It's definitely going to be an awesome experience! I gotta get going, but I'll call you tomorrow with all the info you need, okay?"

"Sounds good! Love you, Bri-Yah!"

"Love you too, Kaz," Brian said, then hung up. Kazie toss her phone onto the bed, and broke out into a happy dance. No stranger to her cousins' bandmates, she was extra excited because she hadn't seen them in over five years. If only she knew what she really would be experiencing these next few months. 

Chapter 1 - Reunited by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie felt her heart beat harder, and harder as the town car she sat in drove down the busy streets of Illinois. The plan was to meet up with Brian at the hotel, then the rest would join them later on in the evening. He had flown out earlier to meet up with Kazie, and catch up. She had butterflies in her stomach for the last two days. Brian called her last night, and the two spoke for almost an hour, and a half, discussing the tour plans. No stranger to their bandmates, Kazie hadn't seen any of them for almost five years. She also learned they were doing a collaboration tour with New Kids on the Block. Although Kazie wasn't even born when they first made their debut, as she got older, she became familiar with their music, and knew how much of an influence they played in the Backstreet Boys' career. She was very grateful for this opportunity that she was given to spend three and a half months on the road with her family, and their extended family, really seeing up close them doing what they loved, and were truly born to do. 

"Here we are, Miss Littrell," Will, the driver said, as they pulled up in front of the Hilton Hotel. Will stepped out of the car, and opened the back passenger door for Kazie. Gathering her belongings, she got out, and adjusted her orange sundress. Putting her white cardigan over it, she grabbed her silver tote bag, that matched her silver sandals, and shut the door. 

"Do you need help bringing your things inside?" Will asked, pulling out her two pieces of rolling luggage, and a small duffle bag.

"Believe it or not, I think I got it. Thank you so much, Will," Kazie said, with a smile, trying not to hyperventilate. 

"You're welcome, Miss Littrell. I wish you lots of luck," he said, with a smirk, and tipping his hat. Kazie reached into her bag, and pulled out her wallet, as Will put his hands up.

"Please. You have a very generous family," he said, with a wink. "Take care." And with that, he went into the car.

"Thank you, again!" Kazie called, as she grabbed onto her luggage. She pulled the strap of the duffle bag over her shoulder, and grabbed onto the handles of the luggages. Walking over to the front door, the bellman tipped his hat, and grinned. 

"Welcome, miss. Let me help you with those," he said, flagging over another bell man to get a luggage rack. "What room would you like these to go up to?" 

"Um," Kazie said, looking at the text message Brian sent her. "Room 2707, please?"

"Certainly. They'll be up within the next ten minutes. Is that okay?" 

"Yes, that's perfect. Thank you so much."

"Anything else I can assist you with?" he asked, opening the door for her.

"No, thank you," she said, smiling.

"The elevators are right to your left. Enjoy your stay."

 

Kazie walked through the busy lobby, taking it all in. Walking to the elevators, she hit the up button, and felt her heart begin to skip beats. The doors slid open, and she stepped in. Pressing the 27th floor, the doors shut, and she took a big deep breath in. The ride up felt like eternity, but before she knew it, the doors opened up. Walking off, she looked down the hall, and followed the signs to their suite. 

"2707. Here we are," she said, under her breath. Gently knocking, she heard footsteps, then the chain and locks move, and the door swung open.

"Hiiiii BRI-YAH!" she said, with a shriek, and jumped into his arms.

"Hiiiii KAZIEEEEE!" he said, squeezing her tight, he kissed the top of her dirty blonde hair.

"How are you? How was your flight?" he asked, as they broke apart. 

"Perfect! Thank you for everything!" she said.

"What can I get you?"  he asked, as they walked into their suite.

"Just a bathroom," she said. "Holy hell," she commented, her eyes widening as she looked around where they would be staying that evening. 

"Down the hall to the left is your room. There's a master bathroom attached. All yours. Is your luggage coming up?"

"Yes, it is."

"What should we do for dinner? Go out? Order in?" Brian asked, flopping down a big, plush white couch.

"I'm fine with room service, as long as it's going on your credit cards," Kazie said, with a wink, causing Brian to laugh. "I'm gonna go shower too, if that's cool?"

"Yes. No one likes a smelly girl," Brian said, making a face. Kazie stuck her tongue out, and walked down the hall. "So, the usual? Chicken fingers, fries, and a chocolate milk shake?"

Kazie turned around. "Brian Thomas. Pul-lease! I'm a grown woman now! Make that cheese fries, and a BANANA chocolate milk shake."

Brian put the thumbs up sign, and grabbed his phone to call, as Kazie walked down the hall, and to the bathroom. Taking everything in, she sighed, and smiled, excited knowing this was just the very beginning of her adventure. 

Chapter 2 - First Impressions Are Ever Lasting by Kelsie_Lynn

"Full?" Brian said, placing his fork on his empty plate.

"Oh, yes!" Kazie said, laying back on the couch. It was a little after seven, and the rest of the band mates would be here within the hour. Kazie took a nice, hot shower, and got rid of "the plane smell", as she called it, and was now full of her dinner. The two spent the last couple hours, catching up, and reminiscing, Brian's father, Kevin's mother, and Kazie's father were siblings, and even though Kevin was 18, and Brian 14 when Kazie was born, they always looked at her more like a younger sister, than a cousin.

"So, what's on our agenda tomorrow?" Kazie asked, stretching out her tanned legs, and placing them over Brian's lap, resting her feet on the arm of the couch.

"You have weird toes," Brian said looking at them.

"I do not!" Kazie said, holding her left foot up.

"Yes, you do. They're oddly shaped," he said, grabbing one, and inspecting it.

"How are they oddly shaped? They're toes! What are they supposed to look like? Seriously. I'm gonna kick you in the face in about two seconds," Kazie said, sitting up, and pulling her legs back in.

"I don't know. They're just weird. I can't help you were born with weird toes. They're clearly from aunt Mandy's side of the family," Brian said, holding up his hands in defense."

Their argument was interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door. Brian looked at his watch, and stood up.

"Hmm. Wonder if it's the fellas," he said, walking over to the door. Looking into the peephole, he was greeted with a close up view of Howie's forehead. Unchaining it, he pulled it up open.

"Evening, boys," he said, as Howie, Nick, and AJ filed in.

"Hello gentleman," AJ said.

"Ehhh-hmmm!" Kazie said, clearing her throat loudly.

"And lady!" AJ added, walking over to her. "How the fuck are you, kiddo?" he asked, as he gave her a hug hello.

"I'm good! How are you? How's Ro doing?" Kazie asked, returning the hug.

"She's fantastic! Busy planning the wedding," he replied.

"Oh good! Tell her I said hello when you speak to her," she said, stepping over to Howie.

"D!" she exclaimed.

"K!" he said, with equal enthusiasm, hugging her.

"How are you? How's everyone?"

"Can't complain! How are you?" he asked.

"Good! Insanely excited to be here!" Howie moved over to say hello to Brian, as Kazie walked over to Nick.

"Hello, Nickolas Gene Carter," she said, to the tall blonde.

"How are you tonight, Mackenzie Kadence Littrell?" He leaned in, and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Pretty good. What's new?"

"Same old. Happy to have you with us. It's gonna be great!" he said, with a smile. Kazie smiled back, and gave a small wink, before walking back to the couch.

"We were just talking to Kaz about the agenda, before we got into a heated debate about her and her weird ass toes," Brian said, sitting back down. The rest of the guys took various seats around the living room, as Kazie sandwiched herself between him and Nick.

AJ raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because they're weird," Brian said, matter of factly.

"They're not weird! You're weird! YOUR FACE IS WEIRD!" Kazie snapped.

"Ohhhh!" Howie said, high fiving her.

"There's something seriously wrong with you. Anyway, where's The Kids?" Brian asked.

"Joe texted me. They hit traffic on the way from the airport. They'll be here within the next twenty minutes or so," Howie replied.

The bunch spent the next few minutes catching up, gushing about how grown up Kazie got, listened to her talk about school, moving on her own, sharing stories about their own families. Kazie stood up, and started to walk to her room.

"I'm gonna call my mom. I'll be out in a few, kay?"

"Tell her we send love!" AJ said. Kazie walked down the hall, and closed the door behind her. Grabbing her cell phone, she hit her "Home" contact, and listened to the rings.

"Hi Baby Doll," her mom's voice said, on the other line.

"Hey Mama. How are you?"

"Good, good. How are things going?" Mandy said.

"Good! We ate dinner here, and now Nick, AJ, and Howie arrived not too long ago. We're just waiting for the others," she replied, sitting down on her bed, and opening her duffle bag. Pulling out a new t-shirt, she tossed it aside.

"Any plans for tonight?"

"Nahh. I'm really tired. We're just gonna go over things for tomorrow. I don't know if the guys have plans, but if they do, I'm gonna stay in."

"Good. Rest up. Tomorrow is a big day," Mandy said. "Lucy misses you." Kazie smiled at the thought of her little white and beige Havanese puppy back home.

"Give her a big hug for me, and an extra treat!"

"I will. I'm gonna get ready to go for coffee with Sue and Marion, but call me first thing in the morning. Love you Kaz," Mandy said.

"Love you more, Mama. Talk to you tomorrow. Sleep well," Kazie said, hanging up, and plugging her phone into the charger. Standing up, she pulled off the t-shirt she had on. She had spilled some ketchup on it during dinner, and didn't want the guys to think she was a slob, even though AJ, Nick, and Howie already saw her. Taking her dirty shirt, she walked over to the mesh laundry bag she brought, and put it in, where her clothes from earlier had already lived. She walked over to her duffle bag again, and pulled out her deodorant, and Desire by Victoria's Secret body spray. Applying some, she put it back in the back, and grabbed her t-shirt. Just as she was about to put it on, her bedroom door flung open.

"Oh!" she said, jumping back, and dropping it.

"Oh, my God! I am so sorry!" Donnie Wahlberg said, as he stood in the door, staring at a shirtless and braless Mackenzie. Shutting the door behind him, Kazie bent over, and picked up her shirt.

"Really, Kazie?!" she yelled out loud. "The first impression you give to a New Kid is of your friggen tits?!"

Chapter 3 - Small Talk by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie walked out of her bedroom, with a William Paterson hoodie on over the infamous dropped t-shirt, and down the hall, into the living room.

"Here she is," Brian said, standing up. "Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce my cousin, Mackenzie."

"You can call me Kazie. Hi." She gave a small wave, and felt her cheeks turning red.

"Very nice to meet you, uh, Kazie you said?" Jordan Knight said, stepping to her.

"Yes. Likewise," she said, as he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"I'm Jordan. So happy to have you with us. And this is Danny Wood, my brother Jonathan, Joey McIntyre, and Donnie Wahlberg," he said, pointing to the rest.

"We, um, met, briefly. Hi. I am SO sorry about that," Donnie said, walking over and holding his hand out. Kazie took his hand into her right, while crossing her left arm over her chest.

"Think nothing of it. Nice to meet you," she said, trying not to make eye contact.

"Did we miss something?" Nick asked.

"Umm, Donnie thought my room was the bathroom, and just startled me. No harm done," Kazie said, letting go of his hand. The rest came up, and introduced themselves, and Kazie pulled out the chair to the dining room table, and sat.

"Okay, let's get tomorrow figured out," Danny said, reaching into his briefcase, and pulling out a binder. Opening it, he scanned the page. "Okay, so tomorrow, around noon we're going to head over to the arena, and...."

Kazie started spacing out, and glanced over at Nick. Nick turned to her, and closed his eyes, and began to pretend to snore. Opening them, he smiled at her. Kazie smiled back, and once again, felt her cheeks warm up.

"Calm the F down!" she scolded herself in her head.

"That sound good, Kaz?" Danny's deep voice broke her thoughts.

"Yep!" she said, looking up, and smirking.

"Okay. You'll have your own copy of this tomorrow, but just wanted you to be on the same page," he explained.

"Gotcha."

"Well, I think that about covers it. Gentlemen, drinks?" Joey said, getting up.

"I think our bar has a club soda with my name on it," AJ said, also rising.

"You coming, Kaz? Our floor has a private bar area down the hall," Brian said, motioning with his thumbs to his right.

"Nahh. I'm really tired, so I'm just gonna chill back here. Have fun though!" she said, stretching.

"If it's cool, I'm gonna stay back too," Nick said. "That plane ride still has my stomach a little funky." Brian glared at him, then at Kazie, then back at him. "Relax!" Nick said, low.

"You touch her, we'll be short a blonde heartthrob," Brian said.

"Bri-Yah!" Kazie said, getting up. "Nick's known me since I was like, a fetus!"

"Elw!" the guys said, in unison.

"On THAT NOTE! See ya later. Kaz, text if you need anything. We won't be too long," Brian said.

"Bye, Kazie! See you in the morning," Donnie called, as they filed out. He turned, and gave her a warm smile. "Later, Carter."

"Bye, Wahlberg," Nick called, checking his phone.

An awkward silence took over the room.

"Sooooo. I um, got some Tums if ya want," Kazie said, finally filling the room with sound.

"Do you? That'd be great! I completely wrecked our bathroom twice already," Nick said, getting up.

"TMI," Kazie said, scrunching her nose. "Be right back," she said, running to her room, then returning with the bottle.

"Thanks. You're a life saver," Nick said, unscrewing it, and taking out two pastel colored tablets.

"No worries," Kazie said, placing the bottle back on the dining room table.

"So, how come we call you Kazie? That's usually not a nickname for Mackenzie." Nick said, sitting back on the couch.

"When I was a baby, my older sister couldn't pronounce my name correctly, so instead of 'Mackenzie' or 'Kenzie' it would come out 'Kazie', so it just stuck," Kazie explained.

"Cute. How much older is she?" Nick asked.

"Two and a half years. She lives out in Colorado with her husband, and two sons. They're a year and a half year old identical twins."

"Really? That's cool. Do you see them often?"

"Not in person. We Skype every Sunday. It's hard living out in New Jersey."

"Do you like it?"

"I do! I didn't know if I would, but it's not bad. It's really not all Jersey Shore. I promise!" Kazie laughed.

"So you don't "GTL", huh?" Nick asked, with a chuckle.

"Can't say I do!"

Nick and Kazie spent the next hour chatting. As much as she was enjoying the conversation, she began to feel her eyes get heavy, and her words muffled with yawns.

"I'm gonna get going, so you can go to bed," Nick said, getting up.

"Thanks. I'm sorry I'm no fun," Kazie said, getting up, then falling forward.

"Whoa! Nick said, dashing over, and helping her up. "You okay?"

Kazie started to laugh, as Nick pulled her back on her feet. "MY FOOT IS ASLEEP!" she said, hopping on it. Nick laughed, watching her.

"As long as you're good," he said, letting her go.

"Just very delusional right now. I need bed."

"Well, then, thank you for the Tums, and keeping me company," Nick said, leaning in, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"What time again?" Kazie asked, as they walked to the door.

"We have to be ready by 11. Didn't you listen to a word Dan said?" Nick joked, as he opened the door. Kazie raised her eyebrows, and stared. "Didn't think so."

"I'll see ya tomorrow," Kazie said, as he walked out. "Have a good one."

"You too. Lock the door. Brian will kill me if you get kidnapped."

"I will! Night," Kazie said, shutting the door.

"I don't hear the lock turning," Nick called, from the other side. Kazie shook her head, as she turned the lock. "That's better. Night!" Laughing quietly to herself, Kazie walked down to her room. She walked into the bathroom, and pulled her hair back into a high bun. Washing her face, and brushing her teeth, she took out her contacts, and turned off the light. Climbing into bed, she covered herself with the blanket, as she turned off the lamp on the nightstand next to her. Closing her eyes, she began to drift off into an almost immediate sleep.

Chapter 4 - A Little Morning Flirt Before Breakfast by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie finished straightening the last chunk of her dirty blonde hair, and then clicked the iron off. Grabbing her can of spray, she applied a generous amount, ensuring no fizz or fly-aways. Her bags were already on the tour bus she would be sharing with her cousins. She was even more excited hearing in a few weeks, Leighanne and Baylee would also be joining them. She waited a few minutes for the iron to cool off enough to throw in her duffle bag. Although promised she would have access to her things whenever she needed, she still decided to put several must have items aside in her tote.

"Kazie, you almost done?" Brian called, from down the hall.

"Just about!" she replied, 

"Okay, cool. Anything else I can bring down for you?"

"Nope. That duffle bag is light, and the tote is going to be staying with me. Thanks though," she yelled. Standing up from the bed, she put the iron in her bag. Zipping it up, she threw the strap over her shoulder, and the tote over her other one. Giving the room a final check, she walked out into the hall.

"Sure you don't need help?" Brian asked, his mouth filled with muffin.

"Nope, I'm good," she said. "I'm gonna go wait in the hall."

"Did you call aunt Mandy?" 

"Yes. She sent love," Kazie replied, opening the door. 

Brian grinned. "I was always her favorite."

Rolling her eyes, the doors clicked shut behind her. She turned to be met with Donnie.

"Morning," she said, with a smile.

"Hello there. Did you sleep well?" he asked, folding her arms, and leaning against the wall.

"I did. How about you?"

"Eh, pretty okay. Nerves are kinda high though."

"Really? Why? You guys are going to kick ass," Kazie reassured.

Donnie chuckled. "Hopefully this old man still has moves."

Kazie raised an eyebrow. "Old man? If anyone is the old man, it's definitely Kevin! Ugh, I wish he was a part of this."

"We do too. Trust me," Donnie said. "What year was Kev born in?"

"Um," Kazie thought. "I'm '89, so he's '71."

"I'm '69" Donnie stated.

"What?? Get out!" Kazie's mouth agaped.

"Swear. I have a son 4 years younger than you."

"Wow. You are the old man!" Kazie joked, as her eyes lit up. "Can I make you a bedazzled cane?" 

"Like, a pimp cane?"

"No, dumb dumb. Like a walking cane, in case your bones start acting up out there. Do you know how embarassing that would be?" 

"Woooow! That's just harsh!" Donnie said, covering his face. 

"Well, for an old guy, you definitely still got the look. Even if I do prefer Mark."

"I'll pass the message to him," Donnie nodded.

"Thanks!"

"So, you think I got the looks? What? Like I'm not the Crypt Keeper yet, or I'm still a DILF?"

"Did you just refer to yourelf as a 'DILF'?" Kazie spat out.

"No! I'm asking if you think I'm a DILF!" Donnie corrected.

Kazie shrugged. "I guess we'll see tonight, if you still got your moves."

Winking, Donnie grabbed the duffle bag from off her shoulder. "This going downstairs?"

"Please," Kazie said, following him to the elevator. 'DILF. TOTAL DILF,' she thought to herself, trying not to smirk, as they stepped in together.

 

Chapter 5 - Brotherly Advice by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie sat backstage in the greenroom, fiddling around on her iPad. The guys were all out on the main stage, going over whatever it is they go over before the show. It was a little after 2:30, and she started to debate on going back to the bus to take a nap. They would have to be back at the arena no later than 5, to start sound check, and meet and greet.

Getting up, she slid her iPad into her tote, and walked out of the room.

"Hey, Drew?" she called over to one of the bodyguards. "Can you just let them know I went back to the bus for a little while? They can text me if they need me back in here," Kazie said, walking down the hallway.

"You got it, Miss L," Drew said. Kazie heard the distant sound of "Shape of My Heart" playing from above her. Humming softly, she reached the door, leading to the buses. As she pushed it open, she heard her name called. Turning, she saw Donnie and Jon walking towards her.

"Hey!" she said, letting the door close behind her. "What's up?"

"Nada. Whatchu up to?" Jon asked.

"I was just gonna head back to the bus, and relax. I'm starving, and was maybe gonna try to get a short nap in."

"We were just gonna go get a bite to eat too. Care to join?" Donnie said, his dark hazel eyes sparkling.

"Sure," Kazie said, almost lost in her breath. Jonathan looked at the two of them, and rolled his eyes. "Would you mind though if I ran quick to the bus to grab a hoodie in case it's cold? We're parked right outside," she said, motioning to the door.

"Not at all. We'll wait here for you," Jon said. Kazie opened the door, and darted up the stairs. "Dude."

Donnie turned and looked at him. "What?"

"One, she's Brian and Kevin's cousin. Two, she's TWENTY YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU. Three, she's Brian and Kevin's cousin. Four, there is a FOUR YEAR AGE DIFFERENCE between her and Xavier," Jonathan said, trying not to shout.

"And your point? She's coming to lunch with us! Is the girl not allowed to eat? She's brand new to all of this. We all agreed we want to make her feel welcome, don't we?" Donnie said, defensively.

"I know that look," Jonathan said.

"What 'look' are you talking about?"

"That look you gave her," Jonathan said. "Just, don't do anything stupid."

"Like, ask her to hang out with us? I could hook her up with my son if I really wanted to! I mean, yes, she is absolutely gorgeous, but it's kinda a slight turn off the whole two decades apart thing," Donnie said.

"I'm holding you to this!" Jonathan said, as the door flung back open, and Kazie stood in the doorway.

"Ready?" she asked, with a smile, looking at Donnie.

"Let's do it," he said, following her out, and up the stairs to the parking lot.

"Did you text your cousins?" Jonathan asked, as they got into the town car that was waiting for them.

"Yeah," Kazie said, sliding all the way in. "Why?"

"Just didn't want them to worry," he said, sliding next to her, and buckling his seat belt. Donnie rolled his eyes, and opened up the front passenger door, and climbed in.

"There's a few diner type places and stuff along the main road we saw. Are you okay with that? Anything particular you're in the mood for?" Donnie asked, looking over his shoulder at her.

"Nope. I'm very easy to please," she said.

"Good," Donnie smirked.

"Oh God," Jonathan said, hitting his head against the window.

"You okay?" Kazie said, turning her attention to him

"Yeah. Um, performance anxiety is hitting me early," he said, then stare at Donnie.

Do you need anything? I can call the guys," Kazie said, taking out her cell phone, noticing a text from an unfamiliar number.

Hey! It's Nick. Where are you?"

Smiling, she replied. "Grabbing lunch with Jonathan and Donnie. You guys finished?"

"Yeah. Wanted to see if you wanted to hang."

"Aww. Sorry! We legit just left. Maybe when I get back?"

"Sounds good. Enjoy lunch. See you in a bit"

"Definitely =) "

"No. I'm good, but thank you," Jonathan said. "Who texted you?"

"Oh, just Nick. Wanted to hang out," she responded, then put her cell back in her bag.

"Oh fun. I like Nick. He's a good guy. There's not too big of an age gap between you is there?"

"Um, I think 9 years?" Kazie said.

"Oh, that's not too bad. He's nice," Jonathan said, looking out the window. Kazie gave him a quizzical look, as they began to drive to their destination,

Chapter 6 - Getting to Know You by Kelsie_Lynn

"And, I'll have the turkey and bacon club, please? No mayo, tomato, or lettuce. So bascially, just turkey, bacon, and toast," Kazie said, handing their server her menu.

"Wow, you're a boring eater," Jonathan joked, taking a sip of his water. Their server smiled, and walked off.

"So," Donnie said, turning his attention to her. "Tell us about yourself."

"Whatcha wanna know?" Kazie said, crunching down on an ice cube.

"Whatever you wanna share."

"Okay. I was 22 in January. I'm going to be a senior starting in the fall, as a communications major. Um, I'm an Aquarius. I currently live in New Jersey," Kazie said.

"Any siblings?" Jonathan asked.

"An older sister. She lives out in Colorado with her husband and kids. Um, what else? My favorite color is purple. My favorite season is fall. I'm single," she said, glaring at Donnie out of the corner of her eye. 

"Really? Why's that?" Donnie asked, feeling Jonathan's eyes pierce through him.

"Believe it or not, I haven't really dated since moving up here. I've had a few guys I've seen, but nothing serious," she said, stirring the straw in her Diet Coke. "How about you guys?"

Donnie shook his head. "Nope. My divorce was finalized three years ago. I've casually dated since, but nothing serious."

"I have a partner," Jonathan said.

"Oh yay! Will he be joining us on tour?" Kazie asked.

"No. He'll probably be at our Boston show though," Jonathan replied.

"Gotcha. Well, I look forward to hopefully meeting him," Kazie smiled.

"Where did you get your nickname from?" Donnie asked.

"My sister couldn't say my nane when I was a baby, so she called me Kazie and it stuck," she explained.

"It's cute," he smiled. "So, what do plan to do with your degree?" 

"My ultimate goal is to write for either Cosmo, or Rolling Stone. I know, kinda two opposite ends of the spectrum, but they're the two magazines I've always read."

"Do you have your cousins' cover of RS?" Jon asked, as their server put their food down.

"Thank you," Kazie said, as her plate was placed down. "And of course. Every cover they've ever been on we have."

"Was it hard growing up because of them when you were younger?" Donnie asked, cutting a piece of his sandwich.

Taking a bite of her own, Kazie chewed, and nodded. "Not hard, as much annoying, if that makes sense. The first thing out of anyone's mouth when they hear my last name is 'Omigod! Are you related to Brian? Omigod! Do you know the Backstreet Boys?' Like, yes, I'm their cousin. No, I can't get you backstage passes. No, you can't come to Thanksgiving dinner."

"We know that feeling," Jonathan said.

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't change anything in the world! I'm so proud of them, and all their success. And when they come home, they're like Kevin the Backstreet Boy, Brian, the Backstreet Boy. They're my Kev and Bri-Yah," she said with a smile.

"Are you excited to be on tour with us?"

"Like, you can't even imagine! I started to cry when Brian called me," Kazie said, wiping her mouth. "I mean, one because this is an awesome first hand experience for my career, but more so because I never see them! Which is totally understandable, but I miss them."

"Did they live near you in Kentucky?" Donnie asked.

"Yep! Brian actually lived six houses away, so I basically saw him all the time when I was little."

A little more chit chat went on, as they finished up their lunch. Before they knew it, it was already almost 4 o'clock. Paying, they got up, and went back to their car. Jonathan jumped in the back once more, resulting in Donnie shooting him a dirty look. Kazie didn't notice, taking out her phone, and texting Nick.

"Hello, NGC. We're on our way back."

"Sup MKL. Cool. We're gonna head to the arena for M&G soon. Maybe after the show, we can watch a movie on the bus, or play some video games?"

Kazie smiled. "Sounds good. See you in a bit. Can you let B know we're OUW back?"

"You got it. See you soon." Kazie slid her phone back in her bag, and looked out the window. She was sitting in a car with two members of the hottest group of the late 80s/early 90s, and now tonight, she was going to hang out with one of the biggest heart throbs in history, on top of seeing her cousins tear up the stage. This seriously couldn't be real life. 

Chapter 7 - Kickoff and Kicking It by Kelsie_Lynn

The energy backstage as the audience was counting down what they really came to the arena for was insane. Nothing like Kazie had ever experienced before. People running around, double and triple checking batteries in mics, wardrobe rolling their racks in the wings for quick changes, waters and Gatorades being lined up on a table right by the stairs. Now she knew what they meant by "performance anxiety" because she herself was starting to experience it.

"Kaz, the guys want you for their energy circle," Q called to Kazie. Kazie put down the magazine she was reading, and walked briskly to the entrance of the stage.

"Okay, guys. Bring it in!" AJ commanded. Kazie squeezed her way next to Nick, and smiled. Smiling back, he took her hand, catching Kazie off guard.

"We hold hands during our circle. Do you mind?" he asked.

"No, not at all," she said, with a small grin. On the opposite side of the circle, Donnie glared over at the site he was witnessing, but quickly shook it off.

"Okay. Opening night, fellas! Let's give these sexy ass people what they came here for!" AJ yelled, then was replied with cheers.

"Heavenly Father, we thank You for getting our fans here safely, and ask that you return them back to their homes safely. Thank You for this opportunity You have granted us. Please keep everyone involved on this tour safe. Please make sure our fans enjoy themselves for the next two and a half hours. And on behalf of Kevin, and myself, thank you for allow Mackenzie to be a part of history," Brian said. Kazie felt her eyes well up with tears, and tried blinking them away. "In Your precious name, we pray. Amen"

"Amen" everyone in the circle said. 

"HANDS IN!" Donnie yelled, as everyone put their hands in the center. "WHAT TIME IS IT?" 

"SHOWTIME!" everyone yelled, as they lifted their hands, then all exchanged hugs.

"Break legs, guys!" Kazie said, giving everyone a hug. Donnie walked over, and gave her a tight squeeze. "Have fun, Don!"

"Promise you'll watch?" he asked, as they parted.

"Pinky promise," she said, holding out her hand. They locked pinkies, and smiled. "See ya later." Turning, she ran to her cousins.

"HAVE FUN! BREAK LEGS!" she exclaimed, jumping into Brian's arms. Giving her a huge hug, he picked her up.

"I am SO thankful you're here with us," he said, as she held him tight.

"Me too. I just wish Kevin was here," she said, as he put her down.

"Me too, but we'll make him proud tonight," Brian said. Ruffling her hair, he pulled him his mic. "See you in a bit!"

"Knock them dead!" she called, as Brian ran up the stairs.

"So, we'll hang later?" Nick said, as he approached the stairs where she was standing.

"Yeah! Definitely!" she said, eagerly.

"Cool." Leaning in, he gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. "See you later."

"Bye, NGC. Have fun," she said, feeling her cheeks get hot. The nine men took their places, and before she knew it, her ears were filled with a roar she never heard before.

 

Three hours later, Kazie sat on the couch in the tour bus she was sharing with Brian. He was in the shower, and she was texting some of her friends from college and home, to tell them about tonight. Incredibly exhausted, but still on a complete adrenline rush from the show, she was contemplating on going to bed or not. Her decision was made when she saw Nick's name appear across her screen.

"What's up?" 

"Nothing. Brian is in the shower. I'm just hanging."

"Wanna come by me?"

"Sure. Lemme tell Brian. Which bus is yours again?"

"I'm parked next to yours"

"Cool. I gotta wait for Brian to get out. Be over in a few."

 

Kazie got up off the couch, and walked back to where her sleeping area was. Grabbing her WPU hoodie, she put it on over her white wife beater. She had on a pair of zebra print shorts, and white flip flops. Her dirty blonde hair air dried, giving it a beach look. She had on no makeup, and smelled faintly of Dove soap, Coconut shampoo, and baby powder deodorant. Walking over to the bathroom, she knocked on the door.

"Bri-Yah?" she called. Brian opened the door, as he was pulled over a t-shirt.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm gonna go hang on Nick's bus, okay?"

Brian's eyes narrowed. "You do know it's a bus, not a hotel room. It moves."

"So?"

Brian crossed his arms. "Can you come back on our first stop?"

"That depends. Are you gonna call the driver and tell him to stop in twenty minutes?" Brian blinked. "Thought so. Bri, he's your best friend. I highly doubt he would try anything with me, and if he did, so what? I'm an adult!" she said, throwing her hands up.

"You're 22, and you're my responsibility," Brian stated.

"I know, which is why neither him NOR I would disrespect you. I haven't seen him in forever, you're about to go to bed, and I'm not tired yet. First rest stop stop, I'll come back. I promise," Kazie said.

"Fine," Brian sighed. "Keep your phone charged in case I need to contact you," Kazie kissed her cousin's cheek.

"I will. I'll see you in a bit," she said, and with that she was off her bus, making her way onto Nick's. 

 

Chapter 8 - Twenty Questions by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie knocked gently on Nick's bus' door. Feeling her heart beat increase slightly, and her palms get sweaty, she wiped her hands off on her shorts, as Nick opened the door.

"Hey," he said, standing there in a black wife beater, and a pair of white basketball shorts. His blonde hair was still damp, and spiked up from his after show shower. "Come on in." Backing up, Kazie walked up the stairs.

"Hey," she said, walking inside, and down the bus. Identically to her's and Brian's. Nick shut the door, and motioned to the couch.

"Was Brian okay with you coming to hang?" he asked, as Kazie sat down. He opened up the fridge, and pulled out two bottles of water. "Can I get you anything to eat?"

"No, I'm good. Thanks. I had a bowl of cereal a few minutes ago," she said, taking the water from him, and placing it between her, and the arm of the couch. Nick sat next to her, and pulled his legs up.

"So, Brian was cool?" he asked, rolling the bottle of water in his hands.

Kazie rolled her eyes. "He insists I come back when we get to the first rest stop." 

Nick chuckled. "Typical Rok. So overprotective."

"Could you imagine if I had him AND Kevin here?"

"Yeah, but you know he does that because he loves you," Nick said, opening his water.

"I know. They really are like my older brothers," Kazie replied. Nick picked up the remote control that was on the little end table next to him.

"Wanna see what's on?" he asked, holding it up.

"Sure," Kazie said. Nick turned on the tv and flipped through the channels. "Oh, 'The Other Guys'!" Kazie exclaimed. "I love Will Ferrell."

"What about Mark?" Nick asked, selecting her choice.

"I love him too! Is Donnie older or younger?"

"Older. And balding," Nick joked. Kazie smirked, and the movie began. Resting her head on Nick's shoulder, he wrapped his left arm around her, and smiled to himself. 



An hour and a half later, the movie ended, and the buses were still on the move.

"Oh my God. I love them!" Kazie said, as Nick turned off the tv.

"That was pretty funny," Nick said, putting down the remote. He got up, and took their two empty bottles, and threw them away. "So, whatcha wanna do now?" he asked.

Kazie shrugged. "I don't know. Wanna play twenty questions, or something?"

"Sure," Nick said, sitting back down. "Anything off limits?" Kazie shook her head. "Okay. I'll start. What's your zodiac sign?"

"Aquarius. Yours?" 

"Aquarius, too. When you're birthday?" Nick asked.

"January 24th," Kazie stated. 

"I'm the 28th," Nick smiled. "Okay, you're turn."

"Okay, hmmm. I want a good one. One they didn't ask on TRL or Jay Leno. Okay, when was the last time you masturbated?" 

"Wow! You weren't lying when you said nothing was off limits!" Nick said, his cheeks flushing. "Uhhh, this morning. When was the last time YOU masturbated?"

"Ummm, like forty minutes ago," Kazie said, covering her face.

Nick laughed. "Okay. Your turn again."

"When was your last relationship?"

"About a year ago. Once we started discussing the tour concept, and the ball really got rolling, she decided she didn't want to deal with the distance we would be facing, so I wasn't going to make her stay in something she was going to be unhappy with."

"That's actually very mature of you," Kazie said.

"My turn. How old were you when you lost your virginity?"

"18," Kazie said. "What's your number?"

Nick laughed. "Um! Definitely in the double digits. I lost count to be honest. And yours?"

"Two. The guy I lost it too, and a random hookup at school."

"That's really awesome actually. Your turn."

"Would you think wrongly of me if I wanted to kiss you?" Kazie said, looking at Nick. Nick felt his lips creeping into a smile.

"No, because I feel the same way," he said. Leaning in, he placed his hand behind Kazie's head, and gently pulled her in. Locking lips, she scooted closer to him, and she held onto his other hand. Slowly parting her lips with his tongue, his entered her mouth, and began to explore. Leaning back on her, Nick climbed on top, and they continued. Kazie saw fireworks, as Nick sent shivers up and down her entire body. Her feeling of ecstasy was broken, with the sound of her cell phone going off. Nick broke apart, and grabbed the phone from the end table on her side. "Brian," he said, answering. "Hi, dude. No, she's in the bathroom. Because I know if I let it ring, you would think we were boning or something. She had three bottles of water! She's in the damn bathroom. I'll have her call you right back! Goodbye," Nick said, hanging up.

"Ten more seconds, then I'll call him back," Kazie said, pulling Nick back down on her. Giggling, he started to tickle her sides. 'Ughhh, let me call my tour father back!" She grabbed her phone, and hit his number. "Hi Bri-Yah. Nick said you called? I'm sorry I was too busy urinating to pick up. We watched 'The Other Guys', and now we're flipping through the channels. The bus is still moving, Brian. Fine. See you soon," she said, hanging up.

Nick leaned back down, and rested his head in the nook of her neck, and inhaled.

"You smell so good," he said.

"Thanks. I shower," Kazie said, playing with his hair.

"After you masturbated?" Nick joked.

"Yes, in fact," Kazie said. The two laid there for a few minutes in silence, as Kazie continued to play with Nick's hair.

"Wanna stay here tonight?" Nick asked, looking up at her. Kazie made a face. "Nothing will go on that you don't want, Kaz. I'm not that kind of guy. Anymore," he said.

"Oh, I know. It's not that. It's just the very first night, ya know? Let's hang out a few more times, and see where it goes naturally. That okay?" 

"Perfect," he said, leaning in and kissing her. "I've wanted to kiss you for years." He confessed. Kazie smiled, and kissed him back. 

"Worth the wait?"

"Oh, yes," he said, as the bus stopped. "FUCK!" he yelled. The two sat up, and Kazie fixed her hair.

"Shh. You got me for how many months?" Kazie said, covering his mouth with her index finger.

"Is this the finger you use?" Nick grinned.

"Oh, MY GOD! GOODNIGHT!" she said, getting up. Nick got up, and gave her a big squeeze, and one last kiss. "Sleep well, NGC."

"I would better if you were here too, but I'll try," Nick said, as he walked her out, and watched her run back to Brian's bus.

"Hey, Bri-Yah," she said, as she climbed in.

"Hi, Kaz. Thank you for keeping your promise," Brian said.

"Welcome. Goodnight." Giving him a quick hug, she ran back to where she was sleeping. Pulling off her hoodie, she tossed it aside, and climbed into bed. For a few seconds, she just sat there trying to wrap her head around all that just happened, before drifting off into a peaceful sleep, with a smile on her face.

 

Chapter 9 - The Morning After by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie woke up with a huge grin across her face. Did she and Nick Carter really make out last night? 'Yep! We did!' she thought, jumping out of bed. Looking out the window, she saw all the buses lined up at their next venue in Michigan. Walking down the hall, Brian sat at the kitchenette table, drinking a cup of coffee, and checking his emails. 

"Morning," she said, grabbing a cup from the cabinet, and pouring herself a cup.

"Morning, Kazie," he said. She leaned in, and kissed the top of his head, and took a seat. Pouring some cream into the cup, she stirred. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Yes, I did, thank you. How about yourself?" 

"I did, in fact. I rested a little easier knowing you were back on the bus," Brian said, taking a sip.

"What's the plan for today?" Kazie said, checking the time on her phone. She couldn't believe it was only 9:15. She didn't get back on the bus until well after 3am, but for some reason, she felt like she slept for days.

"Same thing as yesterday." Brian said, finishing up his last bit of coffee, and getting up. Placing the cup in the sink, he then pushed in the chair he was sitting on. "I gotta go run inside for a minute to check something. Where you gonna wander off too?"

"Just gonna shower now. Maybe see if any of the guys wanna get breakfast since it's still early."

"Okay, well, text me. Be good," he said, as he walked off. Kazie picked up her cup, and walked back to her sleeping area. Placing it on the little nightstand, she opened up the dresser drawers, and pulled out her outfit of the day. A pair of faded denim shorts, a white tank top with lace along the V-Neck, finished off with a a pair of rhinestone flip flops. 

 

After she showered, she blow dried, and flat ironed her hair. Applying just a touch of eyeliner and mascara, she grabbed her purse, and walked out of the bus, to the one parked next to her. Knocking, she awaited Nick to answer.

"Good morning," he said, with a huge teethy smile.

"Morning," she replied. "Can I come in?" 

"Of course," he said, backing up, so she could walk up. Entering, he leaned over and gave her a kiss. "What's up? You look nice," he said, as they took a seat on the couch. Putting his arm around her, he pulled her closer.

"Nothing. Wanted to see what you were up to. Maybe grab some breakfast," she shrugged.

"Sure!" he said, getting up, and taking her hand. "Does Brian know about last night?" Kazie shot him a look. "Didn't think so. Okayyyy," he groaned. "I'll have to resist holding your hand in public. For now." Kazie smiled, and kissed him. The two walked out side by side, and entered the back of the arena.

"He's in here somewhere," she said. Walking down the corridor, they walked into the green room, where there was a whole buffet of food waiting for them. Jordan, Howie, and AJ were already seated, enjoying their meal, and chatting.

"Hey!" they called over, seeing the pair walk in.

"Hi! Mind if we join you?" Kazie asked.

"Please! It'd be our pleasure," Jordan said. 

She and Nick walked over to the buffet table, and began to fix their plates with fresh fruit, eggs, turkey bacon, a small piece of french toast, and some granola. Walking back, Nick pulled out her seat, and they sat.

"Whatcha think of last night?" Howie asked, popping a grape in his mouth.

"Like, nothing I've ever experienced before," Kazie said, her eyes twinkling. Nick smirked, knowing she meant what went on after the show had long ended. The five continued their conversation, filling Kazie in on any details she may have needed for today.

"Guys, and my lady," AJ said, getting up. "Please excuse me. Gotta go call the future Mrs.," he said, taking out his phone, and waving it.

"Tell Ro I said hi!" Kazie said, placing her napking on her empty dish.

"Wanna go back to the bus?" Nick said, getting up. 

"Yes! I needed to show you that cover letter for my internship," Kazie said, not wanting to sound suspicious. "Bye, guys. Thanks for great company."

 

The two walked out of the green room, and Nick grabbed her hand, and pulled her down the hall.

"Dressing room," he whispered, as he opened up a door, and flicked on the lights. Shutting the door behind him, he immediately grabbed Kazie, and started to kiss her. Kazie felt herself turn into a puddle of goo in his arms, as he wrapped them around her waist. 

"Isn't this a little too ballsy?" Kazie asked, breaking their kiss.

"Yes, but I wanted to do it since we left the bus," Nick said, pushing some hair out of her eyes.

"Okay, just asking. I didn't say I was against it, or anything!' Kazie said, pulling him back in, and parting his lips with her tongue. The two were lost in their own world, when the door opened up. 

Chapter 10 - Prove Me Wrong by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie and Nick broke apart. 

"Sorry, guys!" Jonathan said, standing in the door. 

"It's okay," Kazie said, blushing. 

"Your secret is safe with me," he said. "Just gotta grab my bag." Jonathan shuffled passed them, and picked up his duffle bag. "Carry on!" he said, walking out, and closing the door behind himself.

"Phew," Nick said, sitting on the arm of the couch, and pulling Kazie onto his lap. "This probably is something we should only do on the bus, huh?" he said.

"I would have to agree," Kazie said, rubbing the back of his hair. "Let's go back before Brian walks in, and shoots both of us." The two got up, and left the room, for Nick's bus.

 

Jonathan walked back to bus he was sharing with Jordan, to find Donnie sitting at their table, playing on his iPad.

"What's up?" Donnie asked, looking up.

"Nothing. Just ran into Nick and Kazie," Jonathan said, tossing his duffle bag aside.

"Oh yeah? Doing what?" Donnie said, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. They just finished up breakfast, and were walking around backstage," Jonathan said. As much as he wanted to keep Donnie away from Kazie, he didn't feel it was his place to say that something seemed to be developing between her and Nick. Plus, he promised to keep it a secret, whether it was a fling, or turning into something serious.

"That's cool. She seems to be enjoying herself so far. Maybe next week once we're really all settled, we can take her to dinner again. We had a nice time yesterday," Donnie said, turning off the iPad.

"Are you into her?" Jonathan spat out. 

"What?" Donnie asked, caught off guard. "Didn't we go through this yesterday?" 

"We did," Jonathan started. "But, I see how you look at her, and how she looks at you. And it just worries me."

"What do you think is honestly going to happen? Seriously?"

" I don't know. I just don't want you to get mixed into anything, This is a great opportunity for all of us, especially her. I know you know how to respect women, but let's face is. She's a stunningly beautiful young lady, on top of being an absolute sweetheart, and even though she seems to be into Carter, I see how she looks at you. Maybe she's into Mark, and is compensating with you. Who the hell knows."

"But I'm so much more attractive than he is," Donnie said.

"Yes, you are, but that's besides the point."

"Know what I'm gonna do?" Donnie said, standing up. "I'm gonna ask her to hang out, and PROVE to you, nothing will go on."

"Fine. Prove me wrong," Jonathan said.

"I will!" Donnie said, shaking his hand. 

Chapter 11 - I Guess? by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie laid against Nick's side, their hands were intertwined. It was still rather early, and everyone was off doing their own thing either in the arena, or on their buses. Kazie still felt a little weird with Jon walking in on them, but for some reason, she trusted him when he promised what he saw would be kept only to himself.

"You gonna hang out here tonight again?" Nick asked. Kazie looked up.

"If you want my company, sure."

Nick smiled. "I always want your company."

"Can I ask you something?" Kazie asked.

"Of course."

"How long have you had a crush on me?" she asked, her voice full of curiosity.

"Let's see? The first time we met was at Brian and Leighanne's Christmas party in 2006, so 2006."

Kazie's eyes widened. "Really?!"

"Yeah, but you were 17. I was 26. You ARE Brian and Kevin's cousin. Plus, I was on again, off again in a relationship. How about you?"

"Huh?"

"How long have you had a crush on me?" Nick asked, scratching her arm gently.

"Oh, umm, well, I guess I was attracted to you the first time I saw you," Kazie said, as Nick's eyebrow raised.

"You guess?"

"Yeah. Well, no. I was attracted to you, but I never really put much thought into it. For the reasons you listed, more or less. I mean, whenever I would talk to Bri-Yah, or Kev, I'd ask about you. I suppose I've always just been their little cousin, so I never put much effort into it," she admitted it.

"Well, your last name may be Littrell, but you are your own person, Mackenzie. Don't let that shadow you." Kazie smiled, as Nick's phone went off. "Speak of the devil. Hi, Rok. Uh-huh. Yeah, she's with me. We had breakfast with some of the guys, now we're just watching YouTube clips of various dogs doing adorable things," Nick said, as Kazie tried not to laugh. "Okay. I'll see you in a few. Bye."

"Where ya going?" Kazie asked.

"They need us for press, or some shit. Who knows," Nick said, as the two got up. "He said you can either come, or go back to the bus, and hang."

"I'm gonna go back to the bus, and call my mom. She didn't answer earlier. Probably took Lucy for a walk or something," Kazie said, as they walked outside.

"I'll text you when I'm done?" Nick asked. Kazie nodded, and smiled. Nick leaned in, and kissed the top of her forehead. "See you in a bit."

"Bye. Let Bri know where I am, please?" she said, turning direction to her bus.

"You got it," Nick said, and with that, he disappeared to the back of the venue. 

Climbing into her bus, Kazie walked back to her bed, and laid down. Grabbing her iPad, she pulled up her emails, and sorted through them. As she went on a deleting frenzy, she heard a knock at the door. Setting it aside, she got up, and looked out to the window, to see Donnie standing there. Fixing her hair, and shirt, she ran, and opened up the door. 

"Hey!" she said, then realizing she sounded a little too enthusiastic.

"What's up?" he asked, placing one foot on the bottom of the step. He had on a pair of khaki cargo shorts, black and white Adidas high tops, his Run DMC shirt, and a backwards black baseball cap, along with his glasses.

"Nada. You?"

"Not too much. Where's the boys?" he asked, stretching his neck to look inside.

"Oh. They had press or something." Kazie motioned to the arena, and Donnie nodded. "Do you wanna come in?"

"Sure," Donnie grinned, and walked up the stairs. Taking a seat at the table, Kazie sat across on the couch. "How was your night?"

"Pretty good! Hung out with Nick for a bit. We watched one of Mark's movies!" she said.

"Oh yeah? Which one?"

"The Other Guys."

"Oh! One of my favorites. He can be funny when he wants to be," Donnie chuckled.

"Yeah. I love the tuna/lion dialouge between him and Will. I laugh every time," Kazie said, praying she didn't sound too dorky.

"He's awesome. I'm so glad he didn't wind up in jail his entire life," Donnie said.

"He was in jail?" Kazie gasped. "For what?"

"Long story. Growing up the Wahlberg brothers kinda went hand in hand with the cops of Dorchester. Do you maybe wanna get lunch or something later? I can tell you all about it."

Kazie's face lit up. "Sure! I'd love that!" Her voice was getting high pitched, indicting she was very excited. 

"Awesome," Donnie said, getting up. "Why don't you give me your number, and I'll text you in a bit. It's still kinda early, so maybe around noon?"

"Noon sounds great," Kazie said, as Donnie handed her his phone. She added her number to his contact list, and gave it back. 

"Alright. I'll text you in a bit. Gonna see what's around here that's good," he said.

"Okay, cool," she smiled, and felt her face turning red. 

"See you in a little while," he winked, as he walked out. Kazie waited to see him walk away before she broke into a happy dance.

"What do I wear?!" she thought, running to the back of the bus. "Something casual, but cute. Nothing too revealing! Although he has already seen me shirtless," she thought out loud.



Chapter 12 - Cheers by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie changed her outfit sixteen times before finally deciding on a hot pink baby doll shirt, with a white skirt, and white wedge flip flops. She curled her hair, and pulled it half up, half down. Applying a pale pink eyeshadow and lipstick to match, she finished off getting ready with a spritz of her perfume. Grabbing her bag, she ran to the front of the bus, and nervously waited for Donnie to come pick her up. Brian and the guys were still doing press, so she texted him, and let him know she was going to hang out with Donnie, and Jonathan. Brian didn't seem to mind, wihich  gave her a sense of ease. Her legs were shaking uncontrollably, and she felt her palms get balmy. Everything intensified, when Donnie knocked on the door. Jumping to her feet, she ran to the front of the bus, and pushed the door open.

"Hi," she beamed.

"Hello there," he replied. "Don't you look pretty."

Kazie blushed. "Thanks. I figured it's nice out. Might as well take advantage of it."

"So, I was thinking maybe coffee or something?" he suggested.

"Sure. Coffee's great," Kazie answered, as the two walked to the car waiting for them. Kazie hopped in, as Donnie told the driver where to go, and climbed in next to her.

"Was Bri okay with you hanging with me?"

"Oh yeah. Totally fine," Kazie said. 

"So, what's your favorite part of the tour so far?"

"Definitely the opening. I like the screen flashing all the pictures and hearing the crowd go crazy. And anytime you guys do a song with BSB."

"What's your favorite song of ours?"

Kazie crinkled her nose. "Ummm, 'Right Stuff'?" 

Donnie laughed. "Is that the only one you know?" 

Kazie blushed and shrugged. "I guess so." She confessed.

"If you give me your iPod, I'll put our songs on for you."

"Thanks! Then I won't look like a total idiot trying to mouth along the songs and not really know what's coming out aside from mumbles."

"You got it," Donnie said, as they pulled into the coffee shop. There was only two other cars in the lot. 

 

The two got out, and walked inside. There was two people sitting at a table, busy on their laptop and Mac Book to really notice that Donnie Wahlberg just walked in. Walking up to the counter, Kazie and Donnie gazed at the menu.

"Hi. What can I get you?" the barista asked.

"Hi. Can I have an iced caramel latte?" Kazie ordered.

"And can I have a plain black coffee, please?" followed Donnie.

"Sure," the barista replied, and walked away to make their drinks. 

"Why don't you grab us a table?" Donnie asked.

"Sure," Kazie said, walking away. She went to a little couch in the far back corner of the coffee shop, and sat down. Donnie walked over a minute or so later with their drinks. "Thank you," she said, taking it. 

Donnie sat next to her, and took a small sip.

"So," he started. "What's going on with you and Carter?" 

Kazie nearly choked on her own sip. "Nothing. Why?"

"Really? You're always with him, so I figured maybe something was going on. I didn't mean to pry."

"No worries. No, not really. He's just closest to my age, and I've known him for a really long time, so I'm comfortable around him."

"Ahhh, gotcha," Donnie said.

"You don't believe me?" Kazie said, defensively.

"Why wouldn't I believe you?"

Kazie blinked. "I don't know."

"You're silly," Donnie said. Holding up his coffee cup, he held it to Kazie. "Cheers, to our first coffee date."

Kazie clinked hers against his. "Cheers!" she smiled. Wait. Did Donnie say coffee DATE?!

 

Chapter 13 - She Said. He Said. They Said. by Kelsie_Lynn

[Kazie]

"Oh my God, Vick! You can't even imagine what's going on with me on this tour!" Kazie said, laying down on her bed, and kicking off her sandals. Her coffee date with Donnie went perfectly. They laughed, and talked the entire time. Never once was there an awkward moment of silence, or something they didn't agree on.

"What? Tell me everything!" one of Kazie's best friends from back home, Vicky Lopez said.

"Okay, so the other night, I hung out with Nick, and we watched a movie, and then we made out, and Brian was totally a c-block, and called me, and it killed the moment, but whatevs, but then today..."

"Wait! You made out with NICK CARTER?! Oh my God. Is he a good kisser? Did anything else happen? Do you think anything else is going to happen? Oh my God!"

"Yes, he's an amazing kisser! And no, we just made out. He asked me to sleep over, but Brian would have a kanipshit. But then today! I went on a coffee date with Donnie from New Kids!"

"Who?" Vicky asked.

"Donnie. Wahlberg. Mark's older brother? He's on Blood Blues. Was in The Sixth Sense, and the Saw movies? Any of this ringing a bell?”

“No, not really.” Vicky admitted. “But whatever. Continue.”

“Okay, so anyway, yeah. We went to this cute little coffee shop today, called Cool Beans, and almost no one was there, so we had like an hour of just us, and we talked about everything, and we got along so well!”

“Kazie, you sound like you're 12 years old after your first dance. How old is Donnie?

“He'll be 42.”

“WHAT!?” Vicky shouted.

“He'll be 42 in August.”

“Mackenzie, that's 20 years older than you,” Vicky said, pulling up his IMDB page on her laptop, and scrolling through the trivia section. “He has a son that's four years younger than you? That's disgusting.”

“Are you googling him?” Kazie asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Yes, I am,” Vicky said. “Oh, now I know who he is! He's cute. Regardless. How does Brian feel about this?”

“I guess he's cool with it. I mean, he didn't seem to have an issue with us hanging out.”

“Um, probably because he's old enough to be your father, and Brian finds him as no threat. Does he seem into you?”

“I don't know. I guess. Why else would he want us to go out? And he specifically said coffee DATE.”

“Did you kiss?” Vicky asked, point blank.

“No...”

“Then congratulations. You two did what we did. Go out for coffee, and gossip. You had a girls' day with Donnie.”

“You are SUCH a buzz kill!” Kazie groaned.

 

[Donnie and Jonathan]

 “So, did you prove me wrong?” Jonathan asked, as Donnie climbed into his bus.

“I certainly did,” he replied, sitting down.

“Proved who wrong, why?” Jordan asked, looking up from his phone.

“Jonathan over here thinks I'm into Kazie, so I took her out for coffee to prove nothing would go on between the two of us. She's an awesome girl, don't get me wrong, but that's the thing. She's a girl.”

“She's also Brian's cousin, and you were in your second decade of life when she was born,” Jordan pointed it. “You guys didn't kiss or anything did you?”

“No, we had coffee. We talked about school, and her home life. She showed me some of her writings. We had a nice time.”

“So, what's going on with her and Nick?” Jon asked.

“According to her, nothing,” Donnie replied.

“Do you believe her?”

“She asked me the same thing. Why wouldn't I? Do you know something we don't?”

“Yes, but I promised I wouldn't say, because she doesn't want anything getting back to Brian.”

“I wouldn't say anything. It's not my place,” Donnie said, holding his hands up.

“Mine either,” Jordan added.

“I walked in on them this morning, kissing backstage. I think she's really into Carter, but is afraid to pursue anything, because of Brian.”

“Well, that's silly. Nick is a great dude, and he's Brian's best friend. He would never take advantage of her,” Jordan said.

“I agree,” Donnie said, but feeling a little twinge of jealousy. 'Was Kazie really that into Nick? Why does she seem so into me too, though?' he thought to himself.

 

[Nick and Brian]

“Hey, Rok? You got a minute?” Nick asked, as he and Brian walked out of the press room, and into the corridor to go back to the their buses.

“What's up?” Brian asked, but already have a feeling of what this conversation was going to be about.

“Can I talk to you about Mackenzie?”

“Sure,” he said, dryly, and leaned back against the wall.

“I really like her, Bri. Do you think our next two nighter off, I can take her to dinner, or something?”

“That depends. What are you intentions with her?”

“Aside from dinner, good conversation, and really getting to know her better, nothing. I thought you knew me well enough to know I'd never do anything or make her do anything she's uncomfortable with.”

Brian sighed. “I do know that. And so does Kev.”

“You called Kevin?” Nick's eyed widened. “Why?”

“Because she's our little sister, Nick. When her dad passed away, we promised we'd take care of her for him. And we're holding true to our promise.”

“And because of that alone, I would never do anything to hurt her. She loves you guys, Brian. But, she's also a 22 year old young lady who has a life of her own to live.”

“I know.”

“I promise to have her home safe and sound, in your bus at the time you'd like her home,” Nick said, holding out his hand.

Brian sighed once more, and shook Nick's hand with his own firm grip.

Chapter 14 - Awkward by Kelsie_Lynn

Kazie sat with her knees pulled to her chest, her Kindle resting on them. Her iPod was blasting old school Mariah Carey, circa her Butterfly album. Her concentration on her Nicholas Sparks' novel was brokem, when Brian walked in. Pulling her ear buds out, she tossed the iPod, and Kindle aside. 

"Hi, Bri-Yah. How did today go?" 

"Pretty good. How was coffee with The Kids?" he asked, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

"Just Donnie and I went. It was nice. We had a nice conversation,"

"That's good," Brian said. "Listen, Nick and I had a chat earlier, about you. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Kazie replied.

"Do you like him? Like, like a crush on him?" Brian felt his throat dry up. 

"Well, I guess so," Kazie said. "I mean, I've always been attracted to him, and all. And we get along really well. So, yeah. I do."

"He likes you too. He told me,"

Kazie raised an eyebrow. "And he's still walking?"

"Yes, he's fine. He asked if the next time we have a couple days off, if he could maybe take you out to dinner or something."

"Anddddd...what did you say?" Kazie started to fiddle with the wire to her ear buds.

Brian swallowed. "I said, if you'd like to go on a date with him, then it's fine with Kevin and I."

"Kevin?" Kazie looked up. "You called Kevin??"

"Yes, I did. I felt it was only right to," Brian said matter of factly. 

"True. Are you, like, okay with this?" 

Brian sighed. "I'm not doing cartwheels, but I trust him, and I trust you. You're also 22 years old, and I need to come to the realization you're no longer a little girl, playing with Barbies, coloring My Little Pony. If you feel you have feelings for him, and you want to spend more time with him, then I accept it. But if he hurts you, I will kill him."

Kazie smiled. "I know you will. And I promise, I wouldn't do anything to make you uncomfortable, or disrespected. But, like you said, I am 22. I do have needs."

"Elw! I don't want to hear about any of your needs, Mackenzie Kadence!" Brian said, covering his ears.

"You're a freak! I meant I need to hang around with something, and not just sit around a tour bus all day long! Perv!"

"Oh, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what you meant!"

"Now, can I ask YOU something?" Kazie said. 

Brian grunted. "What?"

"How come you're okay with me hanging out with Donnie?"

"Because Donnie is 20 years older than you, divorced, with two children, one who is around your age. I highly doubt Donnie has a hidden agenda when it comes to you."

"And you think Nick has some sort of agenda with me?" Kazie squinted. 

"I didn't say that. What I AM saying is, I've known Nick since he was 13 years old. I know every look, every sigh, every twitch. But, I also know when it comes to you, he's sincere. And also knows better." Kazie just nodded. "Alright well, this is probably the most awkward thing I've ever had to do," Brian said, getting up.

"Wait till you have to talk to Baylee about sex," Kazie joked. Brian put his head in his hands. 

"Don't remind me!" Dropping his hands, he turned to Kazie. "Alright, well, there's a tall, blonde boy out in the living area that wishes to speak to you." 

Kazie stretched her neck, and saw Nick walking down the hall.

"Hey," he said, with a smile.

"Hey, NGC," Kazie replied. Nick leaned in and kissed her, then sat on the edge of the bed.

"Whatcha do while I was inside? Anything fun?"

Kazie thought for a second, then shook her head. "Just went for a quick coffee in town with Donnie."

"Ahh. How is D-Dub?"

"He was good. We just chatted about life, and all." 

"Cool, cool," Nick said, pushing a piece of stray hair from her eyes. "You look sleepy."

"A little bit. I'm probably gonna nap before we have to go inside."

"Well, I'll leave you to rest. Text me when you get up, k?" Nick leaned in, and kissed her again.

"I will. See you in a bit," she said, laying down, and closing her eyes. 

Nick walked to the front of the bus, where Brian was texting Leighanne. 

"Kazie is gonna take a nap for a bit."

"Alrighty. What are you up to now?" Brian said, tossing aside his iPhone.

"I think I'll do the same."

Brian yawned. "Me too. Are you guys gonna hang again after the show?"

"Is that okay?" Nick asked, hopeful. He couldn't believe at age 31 he was asking permission to hang out with a girl, but he also knew how much Kazie meant to Brian and Kevin, and didn't wanna overstep any boundaries, especially having to be on tour with them for a couple months.

"I suppose, if Mackenzie would like to," Brian said. "But I know the face you have on after you have sex, so if I even see a HINT of it tomorrow!"

"Dude! Relax! No boning! I promise!" Nick said, throwing his hands up.

"Get out. Leave my bus," Brian said, laying down on the couch. 

Nick chuckled. "Lata, Frick."

"Bye, Frack," Brian mumbled into a pillow, as Nick left. 

Chapter 15 - Meet My Tour Dad by Kelsie_Lynn

A couple days had passed, and Kazie was on cloud nine, having the time of her life. She had been spending as much time as she could with Nick, shocked that this was to Brian's approval. They had reached their current destination of Connecticut, and as Nick had promised, a real date would happen, since they had two days off in a row.

Kazie sat on her bed, curling the last bit of her hair. Nick told her to dress fancy, so a little black dress tub top dress, covered by a turquoise three quarter sleeves blazer was her outfit of choice. On her feet, she wore a pair of black open toed wedged heels, bringing her 5 feet tall frame to at least 5'3. She did a pale turquoise eyeshadow that really made her blue eyes pop, plumped up her lashes to make them a mile long, and applied a pale pink lipstick. Turning off the iron, she flipped her hair forward, and shook it out. Tossing it back, she gave it a final spray, and got up. Walking to the front of the bus, Brian was sitting, playing the guitar.

"Do I look pretty?" she said. Brian looked up, and shook his head, as Kazie's face dropped.

"You look beautiful," he corrected. "Do you have money?"

"Yes, Bri-Yah," Kazie rolled her eyes, walking to the back, to get her clutch. 

"Your cell phone?" he questioned. Kazie held it up. "Fully charged?" 

"96%."

"Is that jacket going to be warm enough?" 

"Bri-Yah, it's still 73 degrees out! We're not eating in an igloo!"

"Okay," Brian said, swallowing hard. "Um, if he asks you to stay on his bus tonight....."

"The answer is no. I know that already," Kazie yawned, looking at the time. 7:08. He should be here any minute. Butterflies began to take flight in her stomach. 

"You can, if you want to," Brian said, low. "Just, please, Mackenzie! Don't do anythi," he pleaded, as she cut him off.

"I'm not staying the night if you're not okay with it, Brian. I wouldn't do that to you."

"I am okay with it. Well, no, not really, but you know what I mean. I just ask that you please use your head in making any decisions that are thrown your way."

"I promise. I will," Kazie said, leaning in and kissing the top of his head. "You, and Kevin, and Dadders raised me the correct way."

Brian felt his eyes sting at the mention of "Dadders", her nickname for his uncle Joe from as long as he could remember. When he had passed away when Kazie was 15, her entire foundation was broken. Unlike Kevin, who lost his father to cancer, so it was expected, but never easy, Kazie lost her father to a drunk driver hitting his pick up with a tractor trailer. The driver left the scene, with not a scratch on him. Kazie's father died instantly. He still remembered that phone call like it was yesterday, and at his uncle's wake, he, Kevin, and their brothers had made a pact to take care of Kazie, her mom, and sister for him. 

"Uncle Joe is looking down, proud at his little girl," Brian smiled. Kazie pursed her lips together, and fiddled with her clutch. "You're sure you have money on you? I know Nick will pay, but it's still nice to offer."

"I have money! I promise!" Kazie said. 

“What time is Nickolas coming for you?”

“About 7:15, 7:20.”

“And where are you going?”

“I'm not sure. I know to dinner. I just don't know where.” Brian glared. “Yes, I will text you when we get there, to let you know where we are.” Kazie rolled her eyes, and sat down.

“Did you tell your mother about tonight's outing?”

“I did. She's actually excited. We Face Timed with her yesterday afternoon.”

“You're already introducing your mother to him?” Brian raised an eyebrow. “This is your first date.”

“Um, my mother has met Nick before, Dumb Dumb.”

“Oh yeah...” Brian remembered. A knock on their door interrupted his thoughts.

“Hello?” Nick called, walking inside, holding a large bouquet of light pink gerber daises, and bright orange roses, mixed with babies breath. “Oh, this so doesn't match your outfit.” Nick's face flushed.

Kazie laughed, and got up. “But you did nail my two favorite colors, so it's okay. They're beautiful. Thank you.” Handing them to her, he leaned down, and gave her a small kiss. Brian grunted.

“You look gorgeous,” he said, taking her arms, and admiring her outfit.

“Well, you clean up pretty nice too, I must say,” Kazie said, taking notice of Nick's ensemble, which was made up of a pair of black dress slacks, a sage green that had a thin pinstriped pattern button down shirt, and shiny shoes.

“Okay, rules,” Brian said, getting up. “1. You text me when you get there. 2. She's allergic to shellfish, so stay clear of any. 3. You text me when you're on your way back. Are you SURE you have money?”

“Do you HONESTLY think she needs money, Brian?” Nick folded his arms across his chest.

“Nooo, I don't, but I still need to ask her.”

Kazie turned to Nick. “Oh, did I forget to introduce you? Nick, this is my tour dad, Brian. Tour dad, meet my date Nick.”

“Get out,” Brian said, pointing to the door, as Nick, and Kazie laughed.

“Bye, Bri-Yah. Text you in a bit,” Kazie said, as they began to walk out.

“Is your phone still charged?” Brian called. Kazie stopped, shaking her head.

“I REALLY doubt in our 10 minute conversation, my phone went from 96% to 0.”

“How much are you on?”

Kazie took it out of her clutch, and looked. “94%.”

“Take your charger,” Brian said, unplugging the charger from the wall, and handing it to her.

Kazie blinked. “You're insane. GOODBYE!”

“You're gonna regret this decision later when you decide to take photos, and upload them on Photo Bucket!” Brian called, waving the charger, as they walked to the limo Nick had waiting for them.

“Who uses Photo Bucket anymore?” Nick asked, their driver opened the door, and they climbed in.  

Chapter 16 - Are You Guys Like, Dating? by Kelsie_Lynn
"And for our specials tonight, we have shrimp in a garlic sauce, with sun-dried tomatoes, over an arugula salad, served with a side of angel hair or penne. Chicken Picatta which is sautéed chicken breast with lemon sauce, mushrooms and capers. Steak Diane, which consists of medallions of certified Angus beef steak covered with black peppercorns and a rich mushroom wine sauce, served with Red Bliss mashed potatoes and grilled onions. Now, what can we do for drinks?" their server, Marcus said, taking out a pen, to start writing down their order.

"I'm actually perfect with water. Thank you," Nick said.

"Can I have an unsweetened ice tea, with lemon?" Kazie asked.

"You got it. Be right back," Marcus said, walking away. Kazie looked around at the outdoor patio they were sitting on. They had traveled about forty minutes west, to a little town on the water Kazie forgot the name of. The restaurant, they were dining at was called "La Bella Luna", and was set on a picturesque lake, surrounded by trees. The sky was crystal clear, filled with thousands of stars shining, and the moon's light bounced off the gently rippling water. White Christmas lights wrapped around the patio deck, and each table had three tea light candles on top of the dark blue table clothes.

"So, how was your day? I feel like I hardly saw you," Nick said.

"It was alright. I started writing up on my experience here so far," Kazie said, as Marcus returned, placing her tea and small plate of lemons in front of her.

"Have we decided on our meals?" he asked.

"Yes, I think so," Nick said. "Please," he said, indicating Kazie.

"Can I start out with a Cesar salad? Is it, like, really fishy tasting dressing?" She crinkled her nose at her question.

"No, it's not! It's actually more parmesan tasting than anything," Marcus explained.

"Okay, good! I'll have that. And for my entree, can I please have Chicken Di Pana?" She closed her menu, satisfied with her selection.

"Absolutely. And for you, sir?" Marcus turned his attention to Nick.

"Can I please start out with the avocado egg rolls, and for my meal, the Miso Salmon?" Nick said, handing Marcus his closed menu, then immediately turned his attention to Kazie. "Are you allergic to salmon?? I can change my order."

Kazie shook her head. "Nope. Just shell fish. You're in the clear." Nick blew a sigh of relief.

"And I'll make sure our chef knows about your food restrictions, miss," Marcus said, slipping his pad in his apron, and winking.

"Thank you very much," she smiled, as he walked away.

Nick placed his hands on the table, and held them open for Kazie's. She felt herself blushing, as she placed them in his palms. He gently wrapped his fingers around hers, and rubbed the top with his thumbs. Kazie looked into his equally ice blue eyes, and smiled.

"So, we're off again tomorrow. We have press stuff during the day, and other little odds and ends, but for the most part, we're free. Wanna do something again tomorrow?"

"Sure. Maybe tomorrow night, we can stay in, and cook?" Kazie replied. "Where's our next stop after Connecticut?"

Nick bit his lip. "Hmm. I thinkkk DC? But yeah, we can totally stay in."

"I mean, not that I mind going out or anything! I just really like to cook, and my roommates at school were very under appreciative of it."

"Well, I'm appreciative of your cooking skills, and I can't wait to try it," Nick replied, picking up her hand, and kissing it. Kazie blushed, as she felt the table vibrate.

Rolling her eyes, and letting go of Nick's hands, she unzipped her clutch, as she took out her phone. "Guarantee it's Bri."

"Hey. What are you up to?" It was from Donnie.

"Brian?" Nick asked. Kazie nodded her head, as she replied. "Out to dinner w/ Nick. Text you later." Hitting send, she felt her heart beat increase a bit, but took a deep breath in to calm it down. "You okay?"

"Yeah! I just got a wiff of a strong perfume or something," she lied, putting her phone back in her bag, and zipping it shut.

"What did Brian want?"

"Oh, you know Brian," Kazie said, fiddling with her napkin.

"Can I ask why you call him Bri-Yah?"

"Brian was my first word, believe it or not, but it came out as Bri-Yah. He liked it so much, he never corrected me, so 22 years later, he's still Bri-Yah! Unless we're fighting, then, he's usually Brian Thomas."

"That's cute," Nick said, as their appetizers were placed in front of them. "Thank you so much," he said to Marcus.

"Anything else I can get you for now? Refills? Fresh ground pepper?"

"I'm good," Kazie said, shaking her head.

"Likewise. Thank you thought," Nick said, picking up an eggroll. "Would you like any?" He tilted his plate.

"No, thank you. Salad?" she said, pointing at the heaping pile of lettuce with her fork. Nick shook his head, and bit down on the roll with a loud crunch.

"So," he swallowed. "Whatcha gonna cook me tomorrow?"

"Hmmm," Kazie said, swallowing her own mouthful of salad. "Well, I know you're very healthy, so something healthy!"

Nick chuckled, and took a sip of his water. "I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be delicious. Did you talk to your mom today?"

Kazie nodded. "She said hello, and to have fun tonight."

"How was she when you left for school?"

"Lonely. I mean, we have family all around us, but it's not the same, ya know? Even though it's just me and my sister, the house was constantly filled with our friends, so she went from feeding like, eight girls a night, to just her, and the dog."

"Has she dated since your dad passed?"

"She has," Kazie nodded. "But, no one that measured up to him. At least that what she says, but I'd have to agree. She tries to visit my sister as often as she can though. She loves spending time with my nephews. I have a feeling once I finish school she's gonna move out there, because I'm planning to stay in the tri-state area."

"Oh yeah. New Jersey?"

"Either New Jersey, but more near the Hudson, for an easy commute, or the city itself. Bri and Kevin already both offered to help in any way they can, but I never like to rely on them. Know what I mean?" She took a sip of her tea.

"I hear you, but if the offer is there, just to help build you up, you should take it."

"Yeah, I know. I have a few more months to decide, then I'll make my decision."

Marcus came over to check on them, and let them know their food was almost ready. As he cleared their plates, two girls around Kazie's age walked over to the table.

"Oh my God. Hi Nick!" the shorter red head said. "Sorry to bother you during dinner, but we're huge fans." Nick glanced over at Kazie, who winked, and took another sip of her tea.

"No worries. Nice to meet you both. What are your names?"

"I'm Jessica," the red head said.

"And I'm Melissa," the taller brunette said. "Is it okay if we took a quick picture?"

"Sure," Nick said, placing his napkin on the table, and getting up.

"I'll take it," Kazie offered, holding her hand out.

"Oh," Melissa said. "Thanks." Handing Kazie her phone, the two fans stood on each side of Nick.

"Ready?" Kazie focused the camera. "Smile!" She took three photos, and handed Melissa back the phone.

"Thank you." Melissa took back the phone, and examined the photos. "Too cute!"

"What's your name?" Jessica asked, motioning to Kazie.

"Mackenzie."

"Oh! Are you Brian and Kevin's cousin??" Kazie nodded. "Oh my God! Are you guys, like, dating??" Nick laughed, and sat back down. Kazie smiled, and just shrugged.

"Guess you'll just have to read the tabloids, and see," she winked at Nick, and sat back down.
Chapter 17 - Under The Stars by Kelsie_Lynn
Nick and Kazie finished dinner without anymore interruptions. Dinner was delicious, and they shared a small piece of apple tart for dessert. After paying, the two got up, and linked hands.

"This was so much fun!" Kazie said, as they walked off the patio, and towards the water.

"Good, 'cause I have one more thing in store," Nick said, grinning like the Cheshire cat. Kazie raised an eyebrow, and smirked, following Nick. They walked several yards, approaching the dock, and a day sailing yacht. Kazie's eyes widened, and she turned to Nick,

"What! Is! This??" she exclaimed.

"It's a yacht," Nick said, helping Kazie get onto it.

"Well, I know that! But what are we doing with it??"

"We're taking it out for the evening," Nick said, stepping on himself. The two walked to the interior, to find their captain.

"Hello, Mr. Carter," Captain Richard Scully said, tipping his hat. "How are you, and Ms. Littrell doing tonight?"

Nick extended his hand to shake Captain Scully's. "Fantastic, thank you." Kazie looked around, completely in awe.

"Everything is set up on the port for you. Please feel free to walkie me if you need anything else. We'll be setting sail in just a few minutes."

"Thank you again," Nick said, leading a star-stuck Kazie back outside. Walking to the left, they were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne, fresh chocolate covered strawberries, a large blanket, and two chaise lounges, pushed together.

"Oh, wow," Kazie said, breathless. Nick smiled, putting his hands on her waist, and walking her over to the lounge. Nick sat her down, and picked up the champagne to open it. Popping the cork into the sky, it began to overflow. Kazie covered her mouth, and giggled, as Nick did his best to stop it.

"Oops," he said, cheekily. Picking up one glass, he poured for Kazie, then a small one for himself. Putting the bottle back into the ice bucket, he sat down next to Kazie, and held up his glass. "Cheers." They clanked glasses together, and drank. Kazie handed Nick her empty glass, and he placed them back on the table. Snuggling close to him, when he laid back down, he grabbed the blanket from the bottle of the chairs, and covered them. Kazie rested her head against his chest, and listened to his heart gently beat. The boat began to move smoothly into the open water.

"This is perfect," Kazie said, quietly, almost afraid to disturb the complete silence surrounding them.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself," Nick said, playing with her hair with one hand, holding her's with his other.
"Told you I promised something great when we would go out."

"We could be back on the bus watching movies, or playing video games, and I would still have the greatest time, silly."

Nick smiled, and kissed the top of her head.

"So, do I have to wait for the tabloids to find out if we're dating or not?" Kazie looked up, and kissed him. "Guess not!"

"Does that answer it for you?"

"Think Rok is gonna flip a table when he finds out?" Nick smirked.

"Most likely. We'll just have to slowly phase him into it."

"Should we upload pictures of us on Photo Bucket for him to see?" Nick laughed.

Kazie raised her head. "Who uses that anymore?! Is it even a website still?"

Nick shrugged. "He's YOUR blood!"

"He can be so weird. I'm so happy him and Leighanne have a son. Imagine if he had a daughter? That poor girl!"

"Well, it's also him, and Harry. Kevin, and his brothers, and then you, and your sister. As a brother to three younger sisters, I get where he's coming from."

"This is why when people used to asked me if I wished I had a brother instead of a sister, I always said no, because I felt like I had five. Even before my dad passed away, they were like this, but once he was gone, it multiplied times a million."

"He does it because he loves you," Nick said, snuggling closer.

"I know he does. And he loves you too. I'm just not sure how much he will once we get back."

"Like you said, we'll just ease him into it."

"Sounds good to me," Kazie said, closing her eyes, listening to Nick's heartbeat again.
Chapter 18 - Text Messages and Questions Galore by Kelsie_Lynn
Nick and Kazie's near perfect date ended around 1am. By the time they got back to where their buses were stationed, it was almost 2. Nick had hinted at the idea of her sleeping on his bus, but Kazie decided against it, which Nick seemed fine with. Getting back to the buses, Nick gave her a long, passionate kiss goodnight, and watched to make sure she got back on the bus safely, even though he was standing right in front of the door. Kazie walked in, and blew him a kiss, closing the door behind him. The bus was dark, and quiet. Taking her cell phone out of her clutch for the first time since dinner, for light, she was greeted with eighteen text messages, from her friends wanting details, Brian wondering where they were, and Donnie asking if she was back yet. Using the phone as a flashlight, she began to walk back to the bus, as Brian sat up on the couch.

"AHHH!" she screamed, and hurled the phone at him.

"Ow," he grunted, holding his head where the phone bounced off of.

"Why are you sitting in the dark, you freak?!" Kazie shrieked, turning on the light.

"Because it's after two, and I'm tired."

"Well, I'm home now," Kazie said, sliding off her shoes. "Goodnight."

"Hey! Wait. How was it?" Brian asked, standing up, and stretching.

"A lot of fun. We had a really nice dinner, then went stargazing on a yacht!" Kazie said.

"Stargazing?" Brian squinted. "That code for something?"

"What is wrong with you?" Kazie turned and walked to the back of the bus. "GOODNIGHT!"

She waited for Brian to climb into his own bed, before she undressed, and threw on a pair of sweats, and a t-shirt. Washing the makeup off her face, she threw her hair up in a ponytail, brushed her teeth, and climbed into bed. Plugging her phone in its charger, she began going through her texts.

Vicky: How was it?! I want DETAILS!

Danielle: UMMM! Vicky said you and Nick are on a real date?! WTF?? TEXT ME!

Donnie: Still out with Carter?

Vicky: HELLOOOOO MACKENZIEEEEEEEE

Danielle: I'm at Starbucks wit Anna and Vicky and none of our phones are going off! We neeeeed to know what's going on!

Donnie: Guess so. Text me when you get back. I'll be up

Kazie sighed, and began to respond since she was still wide awake. She sent a group text to Anna, Danielle, and Vicky.

Just got home. Went to dinner at the most beautiful riverside restaurant, followed by a yacht ride! What?! Going to bed soon (in my OWN bed). Talk more tomorrow. Loveeeee ya. Mean it! XO

Anna: We've been waiting all night! And how we have to wait till tomorrow?! A yacht??

Yes, a yacht! It was awesome! Seriously. We'll talk more tomorrow. Go by Vick's and we can Skype.

Anna: Tease. Goodnight.

She then pulled up Donnie's text. Hey. Just got in. Had a really fun time. It was a great night. See you tomorrow?. Putting her phone on the floor, she turned off the light, not expecting a reply, since he texted her before midnight, but was surprised to hear her phone vibrate.

Glad you had a fun time. I stayed in, went over Blue Blood scripts, and tried to write. Boringggg. And yeah. I'll see you in the morning. Night."

Cool beans. Sleep well.

Putting her phone down for the last time, she put her ear buds in, and turned her iPod on shuffle. Closing her eyes, she tried to drift to sleep, but was still on her date high.

"Are you dating?" Kazie opened and eye, and looked up, yanking her ear bud out, to see Brian standing in the doorway.

"Huh?"

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?"

"No. Why?" Brian folded his arms across his chest. "What?! He didn't! At least those words weren't officially said. Can we please talk about this tomorrow?"

"Yes. Goodnight." Brian turned on his heels, and walked back to his bed. Kazie shook her head, put back in her ear buds, and tried once again to fall to sleep.
Chapter 19 - Jump Off It by Kelsie_Lynn
Kazie woke up the next morning with a smile from ear to ear. Rubbing her eyes, she reached over to her phone to check the time. It was a little after ten, and she already had a text from Nick.

Morning, beautiful :) hope you slept well. I'm up, so feel free to come by the bus whenever you want. PS. Do we need to have a sit down with Rok?

Kazie sat upright, and began to reply.

Goooood morning! Just woke up. Gonna make myself look presentable. Be by in a few. And most likely... He already started to ask questions. Meh.

I'll be over in a few. And you don't need to make yourself look presentable. You're perfect.

Kazie smiled, and tossed her phone down. Could this really be happening? Could she REALLY be in a relationship with NICK CARTER?! Although to her, he was just NGC, her cousin's best friend. Who happened to be in the biggest boy band in history, but that was just a minor detail. Swinging her feet down on the small area rug, she slid on her slippers, and threw a sweatshirt on. Walking up to the front of the bus, Brian was reading the paper, sipping on some coffee.

"Morning, Bri-Yah," she said, grabbing her own mug, and pouring herself a cup.

"Morning, Kaz. Sleep well?" He didn't even peer up from the paper.

"I did. Yourself?" Sitting down, she folded her legs Indian style on the chair, and stirred some cream into the mug.

"Yep." Still no eye contact.

"What's your deal?" Kazie asked, blowing on the steam.

"A moonlight yacht ride?! Who does that?" Brian snapped, turning his head to her.

"Nick does." Brian sighed, and took a gulp of his coffee. "Brian, remember that chat we had yesterday? You know, the one that included Photo Bucket, a phone charger, and you TRUSTING ME AND NICK, and ACCEPTING US? Ring a bell?"

"Yes. Yes, it does," Brian said low, turning the page of the paper. Kazie reached over, and tore it from under him.

"Then yes, Brian. There was a dinner, and an apple tart dessert, and a yacht ride on the lake where we laid on two chairs, looked at the stars, and gave them stupid names. Then we came home. Him on his bus. Me on mine. Once again, 22 years old." Kazie tossed the paper onto the couch, and glared into Brian's eyes.

"That was uncalled for. I found that article interesting."

Kazie sighed. "Bri-Yah, please. He's coming on the bus to talk to you. Man to man."

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door, and Nick peeked his head in.

"Morning!" He walked up the stairs, and over to Kazie. Kissing her on the top of the head, he tapped Brian on the shoulder, then helped himself to some coffee.

"First my cousin, next my coffee," Brian mumbled.

"Oh, grow up!" Kazie said, getting up, and walking over to Nick. Throwing her arms around his neck, she leaned in, and gave him a long, passionate kiss, the sounds of Brian's gags filling the bus.

"So, I assume you spoke?" Nick looked at Kazie, then Brian, then back to Kazie.

"We did, and Brian is VERY accepting, aren't you Bri-Yah?"

"Hey, Kaz, would you mind if I spoke to Brian alone for a few?" Nick asked, draping his arms around her waist. Kazie gave him a quizzical look, then shrugged, and let go.

"Please, no blood shed," she said. "I'm going to say good morning to everyone else. There's some sort of pow-wow going on outside." She crept down, and looked out the window, to see Donnie, Joey, and AJ by the buses, chatting.

Walking out the door, Nick on the couch, across from Brian.

"Why are you busting our balls?"

"Because this is all very new to me, Nick. You need to understand where I'm coming from."

"And did you forget three girls named Bobbie-Jean, Leslie, and Angel?" Brian shook his head. "Yes, I know I'm 31, and she's 22, but don't you think that's even MORE reason NOT to worry? I have nothing but the up-most respect for her Brian, and you, and Kevin, and your families, and Kazie's father. But if you keep acting like this, she's going to becoming very resentful of you, and want to leave, and that's going to just cause a huge riff in your relationship. Not ours. I know this is a big adjustment, and that's why we're taking it slow. Tonight, we're just gonna hang out. She's gonna cook dinner. You're more than welcome to join us if that would help."

Brian shook his head again. "I do trust you, and her, and I know if her father had any picture of his ideal man for his little girl, he would resemble you quite a bit. I promise I'll ease up. She's just my baby cousin, and I can't let anything happen to her."

"I understand that, Frick. And nothing will. I would never make her feel uncomfortable, or in a situation where she feels like she needs to do something. I just love spending time with her. She really brings out a great side of me."

"She does. Alright," Brian stuck out his hand. "I'll behave. As long as you do!" Nick smirked, and shook Brian's hand. "I will behave! As long as I can anyway." Dropping Nick's hand, Brian took his right one, and smacked Nick in the back of the head. "Oww!"

"Pervert"
Chapter 20 - Well, That Didn't Take Long by Kelsie_Lynn
"Good morning, Miss Mackenzie," Joey said, tucking his phone in his back pocket.

"Morning, boys," Kazie said, walking up to Joey, then AJ, and giving them each a kiss on the cheek. She got up to Donnie, who gave her a big hug.

"So, you and Nick?" AJ asked, looking at his own phone.

"Huh?" Kazie leaned against the bus. AJ handed her the phone, and her eyes widened. There, on the screen, was a picture of her and Nick last night at dinner, their hands intertwined, gazing into each others eyes with a huge smile on each of their faces. "Where did you get this?" She studied the picture once more. Under it was a tweet caption.

"@mishx0: @nickcarter & Mackenzy (@brian_littrell's cuz) on there DATE! she's really pretty & sweet. there cute 2gether"

"Okay, one, that's NOT how you spell my name, and two, she used the incorrect version of there, both times." Handing AJ back the phone, she shook her head.

"And how does this girl know you're sweet?" Donnie asked, taking the phone from AJ, and looking at the photo.

"She came up to Nick and I with a friend, or someone, and asked to take a picture of them with Nick, so I took it. Three in fact. She must've snapped this when we weren't paying attention."

"Get used to it," Donnie said, dryly, handing AJ the phone.

"You guys are cute together though. How's Brian with it?" Joey asked.

"He's okay. I mean, it's nothing serious. I mean, we're not engaged or anything. We're just seeing where it goes naturally."

Kazie's conversation was interrupted by her own phone going off. She pulled it out of the front pocket of her sweatshirt, and looked at it.

Vicky: I SAW THE PICTURE ON TWITTER! OMG! SO CUTE! CAN I POST IT ON FB??

NO! Relax

Vicky: What 'relax'? You're dating NICK CARTER!

Yes, I know! But we're just seeing where it goes first!

Vicky: Well, just a heads up, Gabby already posted it on IG. At least her account is private. You looked so pretty! Loved the blazer! Whatcha doing now?

I'm outside with Donnie, AJ, and Joey. Nick and Bri are talking. I'm guessing about me.

Vicky: Cool. Well, your picture has already gotten 27 likes, and she just posted it about 3 minutes ago. Shit's going viral! text me later! love you!

Kazie shook her head, and slid her phone back in her sweatshirt. Rubbing her temples, she sighed.

"Too quick?" AJ asked.

Kazie nodded. "Yes. Why didn't people care when we went for coffee?" She turned to Donnie.

"Because they probably thought I was your father," he mumbled. "I'm gonna go call the boys. I'll see you in a little bit." And with that, he turned and walked away.

"What's up his ass?" Kazie asked. AJ and Joey shrugged.

"Maybe he slept wrong. He gets grumpy," Joey said. Kazie turned back to the bus.

"I'm gonna go check on them. I'll see you later." Giving a small wave, she headed back to her bus.

"Poor girl. It didn't take long for it to be public," Joey said, kicking some dirt from under him.

"Ehhh, she's a Littrell. She'll handle it," AJ commented.
Chapter 21 - Jonathan Knight, Right Again by Kelsie_Lynn
Donnie walked back onto his bus, and sat down on the couch. Rubbing his eyes, he pulled his hat down to cover them.

'Why the fuck am I letting this bother me? She's my kid's age,' he asked himself over and over.

"What's your issue?" He heard Jon's voice. Lifting up his hat, he saw Jon grabbing his iPad. "I need to borrow yours. Mine just cracked."

Donnie nodded, and closed his eyes again.

"For real. What's wrong?" Jon sat down across from him, and fired up the iPad.

"You see the buzz on Twitter?"

"No," Jon said.

"Carter and Kazie are like, the top trend."

"Huh?" Jon looked up. Donnie shrugged, and pulled up the picture he texted himself from AJ's phone. Handing it to, Jon, Jon took a glimpse, then handed it back. "Okay. They're at dinner, looking like they're enjoying themselves, and the other one's company. Why does this bother you?"

Donnie blinked. "I don't know...."

"But you do. And it's the reason I said. You have a thing for her. And now she's with Carter, and it's annoying the shit out of you."

Donnie shifted on the couch. "Perhaps. And she's not 'WITH' Carter. They went one like, one date."

"One. Don't perhaps me. That's it. Two. They also went on a yacht ride after dinner, but that's just a minor detail. Three, she's like, Xavier's age."

"Yeah, Jon! I get it!" Donnie spat out. "Why do you think I never tried anything. But, I don't know. When we went for coffee, things just clicked. Conversation wasn't forced. It just flowed the way it should. And for 22, she's so mature, and such an old soul. Do you know her dad died a few years ago?" Jon shook his head. "Yeah. Drunk driver. She really opened up to me about it. Like, she really trusted me in knowing something so personal. And what do you mean, a yacht ride??"

"Because you're friends, D. And that's awesome. Let me ask you something? When she was talking about her and Nick, did she seem happy?" Donnie sighed, and nodded. "Then, why are you upset with that? You should be happy FOR her. And he rented a yacht to take them around some river or whatever after dinner. I think it's sweet."

"Oh, well, that's cute, I guess. If one likes that sort of thing. Why are you always right? You know I hate that." Jon laughed, and went back to the iPad, as Donnie picked up his cell phone to check the time.

Kazie Littrell Hey. You OK? You left kinda abruptly.

Donnie smiled to himself. Yeah. Just a mix of not sleeping well, and a bit of a headache. I'll survive. Thanks for checking

Kazie Littrell: Of course. Lemme know if you need anything. I'm running to the nearest grocery store in a bit, so I can pick up something if you need. Spread the word around, in case the rest need something too.

Will do. Why you going to the store? Planning on cooking up a feast tonight? LOL

Kazie Littrell: Somethinggggg like that. I'm making Nick and I dinner tonight. Figure spend the night in, since you guys start up again tomorrow. You're welcome to join though!

Donnie grunted, and Jon looked up. "Kazie," he said, simply. "She's inviting me on her date with Nick."

"...the fuck?" Jon asked, shaking his head, and going back to the article he was reading.

Thanks for the invite, but I think me, and the boys are gonna go out. Tell Bri once we come up with plans, I'll let him know.

Kazie Littrell: Cool beans. I'll let him know. Text me if you need anything. See you later!

Donnie tossed his phone aside, and rubbed his eyes again.

"Get over it dude," Jon said. Donnie held up the finger, before getting up.

"I need a nap to clear my head." Donnie walked to the back of the bus, and shut the door.

"When is he going to realize, I'm ALWAYS right about these things?" Jon chuckled, as he made the move from the chair to the couch, and sprawled out on it.
Chapter 22 - Stir Fry and C-Blocks by Kelsie_Lynn
Kazie lit the two candles in the center of the table, and smiled. She thinks the layout she created would do. There was a TJ Maxx in the complex the grocery store was in, so she ran in, and picked up a white table cloth, two dark green cloth napkins, and two decorative white candles, in glass pillars. Around them, she scattered a few of the flower petals from the bouquet Nick got her. Walking over to the store, she gave her chicken stir-fry a quick mix, then lowered the heat. Covering the pan, she'd let it simmer, while she ran to the back and got changed.

Brian and all the guys, sans Nick, went out to dinner. Brian couldn't pinpoint what time they'd be back, but he would try to give them as much privacy as he could. Walking to the back of the bus, she stripped off her grey sweats, and white tank top, and slid on a hot pink cotton spaghetti strap sundress. She blew dry her hair straight, and gave it another quick go-over with her flat iron she had plugged in, and heating. Grabbing her hand mirror, she checked her makeup, which she decided to go very light on; just a simple light pink shadow, a touch of eyeliner, and mascara, and a clear gloss. Unplugging her iron, she checked the time. Nick would be there any minute. Walking up to the kitchenette, she turned off the pan, and left the lid on. Looking around, she gave the room another glance, and nodded with satisfaction. Walking over to the sink, she turned it on, and ran her sweaty hands under the cool water, just as Nick walked inside.

"Hi babe," she said, turning off the faucet with her wrist, and grabbing a dish towel so dry them, as Nick leaned in, and kissed her. Pulling flowers from behind his back, he smiled. "More?? They're gorgeous!" Tonight's floral arrangement consisted of white calla lilies, and pink and purple hydrangeas. Taking them from him, she grabbed a pair of scissors from a drawer, cut off the excess stems, and added them to the vase wit last night's gift.

"It smells delicious in here. Can I help with anything?" Nick asked, hugging her.

"Nope! Dinner is all ready. Just gotta plate it." Kissing his lips quick, she walked over to the stove, and picked up the pot that contained the white rice she made. Nick grabbed the two white dishes, and held them out, as Kazie put two heaping piles on them. Opening the lid to the stir fry, a steam, and aroma smacked her face. Spooning a generous amount on each plate, she placed the spoon to rest against the pan, and they sat down. Nick twisted open a bottle of seltzer, and poured each a glass.

"This looks awesome, baby. Thank you." Picking up their glasses, they clanked them together, and drank.

"You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it."

"So, where did Rok and the boys go?"

Kazie chewed, and swallowed. "To dinner. He said he wasn't sure what time they'd be back, so he might wind up joining us."

"No big deal. As long as I'm spending time with you, I don't care who's with us."

Kazie felt her cheeks flush. "So, how was your day?"

Nick swallowed a mouthful of chicken and rice. "Good! Went for a long jog. Jotted down a few song ideas. Played some video games. How about you? I figured you were gonna be busy preparing this feast so I didn't wanna keep bugging you."

"One, this is far from a feast. And two, it was okay. Kinda just bummed around here. Went into town to go to the grocery store, and browsed around a few stores in the strip mall the store was in. Talked to my mom, and sister, and some friends from back home."

"Did you tell them about last night?"

"I did. They were very excited, and very jealous. Did you see the picture of us on twitter?"

Nick nodded. "I didn't know you spelled your name with a Y at the end."

"I don't." Kazie sighed. "My friend posted it on InstaGram. It's up to like 150 likes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but her page is private, so I'm not too concerned. I mean, it's already viral, but whatevs."

Dinner finished, and the two cleaned up. Kazie washed. Nick dried. Putting the leftovers into containers, Kazie put everything in the fridge, as Nick sat down, and turned on the TV.

"I'm just gonna check my phone to see if mom text me. Find something good!" Walking to the back of the bus, she unplugged her phone, and turned it on.

Donnie Wahlberg: How's dinner going? Kazie smirked, and replied.

Pretty good. Made chicken stir fry and white rice. There's leftovers if you want any. How's your headache, and guys' night out?"

Donnie Wahlberg: Yum. Can't wait to try some. Headache is better. The nap helped. And it's okay. We just left. Should be back to the buses within the half hour.

Cool. See you later then. Kazie put the phone down, and walked back to the front. Sitting down, she snuggled up to Nick, and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Find anything good?"

"Full House, Chopped, Ghost Adventures." Nick scrolled through the guide.

"Ghost Adventures!" Kazie cheered. "I love this kind of shit!"

"Oh yeah. You won't get scared?" Nick nudged her in the side.

"Noooo, but if I do, you're here, silly!"

"True." Nick shifted, and laid down; Kazie following his actions. Wrapping his arm tight around her, she sighed, and smiled to herself.

"You hear from Bri?"

"No. Donnie checked in though. He said they should be back within the hour."

"I didn't know you and Donnie were so close." Was that jealousy in Nick's voice? She couldn't tell.

"Yeah, I mean, I figured since I'm stuck with you guys for two months, I might as well bond with everyone. Things will be easier when Leighanne gets here in a few weeks. At least I'll have a little more estrogen on board."

"Oh, so you think you're stuck with us?" Nick started to tickled her.

"No! No! Nick! I'm gonna pee!" She cracked up, and rolled over on her stomach. Nick climbed on top of her, and continued to tickle her sides. Burying her head in a pillow, Kazie felt the tears stream down her face from laughter. Turning around, she looked up at Nick, and wiped her eyes. "I swear! If I pee on this couch, Bri-Yah will kill us both!"

"Yes, I know," Nick smiled, and looked down at her. Grabbing the back of his head, Kazie pulled his head down, and began to kiss him. Nick shifted his weight a bit, and parted her mouth with his tongue. Kazie grabbed a handful of hair, and kissed him harder. She smiled through their kiss, as she felt Nick poke her in her thigh. Nick ran his hands down her side, then onto her smooth legs, which she wrapped around his leg. Lost in their own paradise, they didn't even hear Brian walk in.

"Oh Jesus Christ!" Breaking apart, they whipped their heads to the right, and saw Brian standing there, with his hands covering his eyes.

"Hi Frick. How was dinner?" Nick asked, grinning.

Taking one hand off, he pointed to the door. "Get out." Kazie and Nick burst into laughter, and Nick rested his head on Kazie's shoulder. "You could at least get off of her!"

"Uh, I can't just yet," Nick said. Brian looked at his in disgust.

"Sad puppies! Your grandmother naked! Someone breaking your X-Box!" Kazie chanted.

"There you go!" Nick said, pushing himself off of her.

"Out! Leave my bus!" Brian said, as Nick walked up to him, and gave him a big hug.

"She made stir fry!"

"Oh, good for her," Brian sat down on the couch, and checked the cushions. "Just making sure." Kazie rolled her eyes, and sat up, and shoved her big cousin.

"PERV!"
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11110