Before I Fall In Love Again by Nessie
Summary: Gillian is a first year R/N and she was working in the ICU when she was a signed to a new coma patient.
Nick was on his way home from the studio when the accident happen. When deep in a coma all he could hear was someone singing with a voice of an angel. When he woke from his coma and moved to a new room and floor, he had to find the person who sang to him.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 23072 Read: 25431 Published: 01/06/14 Updated: 01/06/14

1. Chapter 1 by Nessie

2. Chapter 2 by Nessie

3. Chapter 3 by Nessie

4. Chapter 4 by Nessie

5. Chapter 5 by Nessie

6. Chapter 6 by Nessie

7. Chapter 7 by Nessie

8. Chapter 8 by Nessie

9. Chapter 9 by Nessie

10. Chapter 10 by Nessie

11. Chapter 11 by Nessie

12. Chapter 12 by Nessie

13. Chapter 13 by Nessie

14. Chapter 14 by Nessie

15. Chapter 15 by Nessie

16. Chapter 16 by Nessie

17. Chapter 17 by Nessie

18. Chapter 18 by Nessie

19. Chapter 19 by Nessie

20. Chapter 20 by Nessie

Chapter 1 by Nessie
Chapter 1

“ That’s a wrap.” Michael said as they had finished listening to the playback of the song that Nick had just recorded.
“ Ok that’s great, well I’ll see you guys tomorrow then.” Nick said as he stood up from his chair and grabbed his jacket.
“ Ok see you tomorrow then.” Michael said as he was shutting down the recorder and mixing board.
Nick walked out of the building only to find out that it had been raining while he was inside recording his second album. Missing a huge puddles as he walked to his car, and getting into the car.
“ Hey… Yeah I’m leaving now… ok I’ll see you soon… love you too, bye.” He said before starting up the car.
Pulling out of the parking lot and onto the main road, and began heading home.
Coming to the red light and stopping, as he sat there he looked over to the car next to him. He noticed a couple in their mid-thirties, had stopped next to him.
Once the light had changed to green they both began to move on.
Then they came to another red light and they both stopped at the same time, but what happened next Nick really didn’t see what happen, that was because his car had flipped over four times and all he could feel before things went dark was the feeling being upside down.
“ Let’s look alive people, we have three coming in about two minutes.” A doctor yelled and people began to scatter about as they started to get three ER rooms ready for the three people that were on their way to the hospital.
“ I’ll take room four.” Christine said as she headed for the room.
“ Ok and I’ll have you marked down for room four.” The head nurse said as she was writing names down on the rooms’ assignment board.
“ We have a 29 year old male and he was the one who was cut out of his car, which was upside down, and he is unconciessions with a very weak pulse.” One of the paramedics said as they brought in the first of the four people from the accident.
“ Ok put him in room four then.” The head nurse instructed the three paramedics that were pushing the gurney into the ER.
“ Ok put him on the table.” Christine said as the small group came into the room.
“ Ok guys on the count of three, one…two…three.” The guy in the middle said as him and his two other co-workers put the person onto the exam table.
“ Ok let’s get him hooked up. OH MY GOD! Nick!” Christine said as she came up to the table and only to see who was laying on the table in front of her.
“ Do you know this person Christine?” Dr. Phillips asked as he came into the room.
“ Well yes and no… yes I know of him, but as personally no. This is Nick Carter, he is a singer. I know him from the group the Backstreet Boys.” Christine said as she told the doctor who Nick was.
“ I thought he looked familiar my daughter is a big fan of his and the group.” Dr. Phillips said as he came over to Nick and started to exam him.
Twenty minutes later after a long exam Dr. Phillips had to pronounce that Nick was in a coma and there was really nothing that they could do, and he had also had to order for Nick to have emergency surgery on his brain, because there was fluid building up on the brain.
“ David, Dr. Phillips will be coming up here with a patient who was in an accident and has fluid building up on his brain, and also in a coma. So we need to get the room prep for surgery.” The head surgical nurse said as she handed David his assignment for the night.
“ I’m on it.” David said as he wrote his name down on the assignment board.
David walked into the room that was going to be used for tonight’s major emergency surgery.
“ Man tonight has been very slow and quiet so far.” Janie said as she sat down at the desk.
“ Yeah it has, thank goodness that Mr. Peterson isn’t giving me any problems tonight.” I said putting up the chart that I had been working on.
“ I think his wife and children have threatened him or something.” Janie said just as the phone began to ring.
“ ICU Gillian speaking… Ok we’ll have a room ready… ok fifteen minutes.” I said as I picked up the phone and talked to the head recovery nurse from the Emergency Room.
“ Well I guess our quiet night has just gotten busy.” Janie said as I got up and headed for one of the empty rooms.
“ Yeah, it will be getting busy in here about fifteen minutes too.” I said going over to the glass door and began opening it up further so that way they can bring the bed into the room.
I had just finished the prepping of the room when the bell from the elevator dinged.
“ It’s show time.” I said to myself as I let out a small breath.
“ Hey Gillian here is your new guest.” David said with a small laugh as he tried to make the moment a happy one.
“ Hey David, thanks. Ok you guys can bring him into room one, and it’s all ready for him.” I said as I lead the small team over to the room that was waiting for my new patient.
The guys got the bed into the room and then we got everything hooked up and the IV’s hung up on the new poles before leaving the room.
“ Here is his chart, oh yeah that person that is laying in that bed is a famous person too.” David said as he handed me the chart.
“ Um… ok… thanks David.” I said before he got onto the elevator and the doors closed.
I walked back to the nurses’ station and sat down in the chair that I had been sitting in, before opening up the chart.
“ Wow, you are going to very busy tonight.” Janie said just as the phone began to ring again.
“ Well I might as well see who this person that is in my care is.” I said opening up the chart and began reading it.
The elevator stopped and there were two more people brought in from the Emergency Room.
“ OH MY GOD!! It can’t be.” Was all I could say when it finally dawned on me who I was going to be taken care of.
I closed the chart and headed over to the room, going inside the room and closing the curtains so that way no one could see who was in room one. And then I went over to the side of the bed that didn’t have so many machines next to the bed.
Looking down at the face that I could barely recognized due to the fact that Nick’s face was swelled up because of all the bruising that he got from the accident.
I gently, reached out and touched the face that sometimes haunts my dreams.
I turned away and left the room, because now I had the hard job of calling everyone that was on his emergency call list and let them know what has happen to him.
An hour after calling everyone from managers, family, and the last one was girlfriend, I finally got some time before I had to get up and make my rounds, before going home.
I sat back and said a prayer for Nick, and prayed that he wakes up soon.
Chapter 2 by Nessie
Chapter 2

“ Ok mom, I will. I’m heading to the hospital to have lunch with my friend Rachel. I’ve had the past two days off. I will pick up daddy’s cake on the way back to the house. Ok I love you too.” I said as I turned into the parking deck of the hospital.
“ Ok, you don’t have to Mary had picked it up, well we’ll see you at dinner then, Love you.” Mom said as her youngest daughter came into the room with the birthday cake.
“ Oh ok. Well I’m here at the hospital so I’ll see you guys later tonight then.” I said before hanging up my phone.
Getting out of the car I made my way to the ICU.
“ Hey Gillian, I didn’t expect you to be here.” Christine said as she looked up from the chart that she was working on.
“ Hey Christine. Rachel and I are going to have lunch today. Who is that?” I asked as a girl came off the elevator and headed into Nick’s room.
“ Oh her, that’s the girlfriend, and let me tell you what, she is a real bitch too.” Christine said as she leaned back some so that way she could see the girl, who went into the room.
“ Oh, Hey Rachel are you ready to go and it’s your turn to pick the lunch place too.” I said as I turned away from the girl as Rachel came back to the desk.
“ Yeah, I’m ready to go, let me guess the bitch is here.” Rachel said as she picked up one of her charts and wrote something down in it.
“ Yeah she is back. I really don’t know why Ron hasn’t thrown her out of the room yet? You know a scene will start soon.” Christine said as she looked down at her watch.
“ Who is Ron?” I asked being some what confused on what is going on.
“ Oh, yesterday Nick’s people sent over a bodyguard just in case his fans deiced to sneak up here to see him.” Christine said as she got up and picked up her two charts that she was working on.
“ Oh I see, man I miss all the fun when I’m off.” I said as the elevator’s bell dinged and two girls got off the elevator and they made their way to Nick’s room.
I did recognized them as two of Nick’s sisters, so I knew that they were going to fine being here.
“ Gillian can you come with me for a moment. I need to introduce you to Ron and then later tonight Marcus should be here, he will be the one that you will be seeing.” Christine said as she lead me to Nick’s room.
“ So he will be here before I come on duty or will Ron still be here?” I asked as Christine tapped on the door before entering the room.
“ Both of them should be here just like you and me, before our shift change. Hello guys, I want to introduced to you guys the night nurse, who will be looking after Nick tomorrow night and for the rest of the week. Gillian this is Ron, Ron this is Gillian.” Christine said as we stopped in the middle of the room.
“ Hello Gillian, it’s great to meet you.” Ron said getting up from the chair that he was sitting in.
“ Hello Ron, and it’s nice to meet you too. And it’s also nice to meet you, Angel and BJ too.” I said after shaking Ron’s hand and then turning my attention to Nick’s two sisters.
The two sisters both said a very quiet hello and giving me a small smile, because I knew who they are, and it is them that you have be nice too.
“ What about me Ron, I’m the one she should be talking too.” The girl, who was sitting by the bed and holding Nick’s hand said.
“ Oh yeah, Gillian this is Tiffany and Tiffany this will be Nick’s night nurse.” Ron said as he introduced us.
I did noticed the dirty looks that both Angel and BJ gave Tiffany. I could tell that they really didn’t like her, and from what I hear it’s the sisters that you have to get to know and the ok to date their brothers; but from I can tell here Nick didn’t get their ok and picked this on his own.
The funny thing is I don’t like her either, and I just met her too.
“ Well are you going to say hello to me.” Tiffany said in a very snotty and demanding tone.
“ Oh yeah sorry, it’s nice to meet you too, Tiffany.” I said just as Rachel stuck her head into the room.
“ Hey guys, um Gillian are you ready?” Rachel asked as she stood by the door.
“ Yeah, I’m ready, it was really great meeting all of you, and I’ll see you when I come on duty at 7 pm tomorrow night then.” I said before turning around and heading out of the room.
“ Gillian can I see you after your lunch with Miss Rachel is over.” Ron asked as he followed us over to the nurses’ station.
“ Sure I’ll see you in an hour then.” I said as Christine sat back down at the station and Rachel was heading for the elevators.
Ron just nodded and then made his way back into the room as he closed the door behind him.
“ So where do you want to go for lunch?” Rachel asked me as we stepped onto the elevator.
“ How about that new Italian restaurant that just opened up on Cannel Street?” I said as we headed down to the lobby.
“ That sounds great. You want to know something, I feel bad for both you and Christine.” Rachel said as the elevator stopped and the doors opened up.
“ And why is that?” I said as we looked out the lobby doors and saw a few girls standing there with small get well signs for Nick.
“ Well Tiffany for starters, and then you have to check in with Ron or Marcus every time you come and go from the floor. And you also have to make sure that no-one goes into that room too.” Rachel said as we took the employee elevator that takes us to our parking deck.
“ Yeah I can see that I might have some issues with Tiffany, how she got passed the sisters is beyond me.” I said with a laugh as we walked off the small elevator.
“ What does that mean?” she asked as we headed for my car.
“ I’ll tell you over lunch.” Was all I said as we got into the car and headed for the restaurant.
And hour later I was sitting in the small room that we use for the night shift staff.
“ Here is the list of people that can come into the room, and I will add you to the list also. And as you can see there is also a photo next to the names and also a signature next to the names too.” Ron said as he pointed to the list.
“ Ok, so what do you need from me?” I asked as he handed me my copy of the list.
“ All I need is a copy of your badge and your signature that’s all.” Ron said as we got up, we headed out of the room.
“ Ok we can do that right now if you like.” I said as we walked into the small kitchen area that had a fridge and microwave.
“ That sounds great.” He said grabbing a cup and pouring himself some coffee.
We went over to the desk were I took a piece of paper and he wrote my name down on it and then I signed under the printed name and then we taped the badge down next to the names before going over to the printer and making a few copies before shredding the paper that had my signature on it.
“ We are done here so I’ll you tomorrow then.” Ron said as we stood at the desk next to empty chairs.
“ I’ll come on duty at 7pm and will be here until 7am, when Christine comes on duty.” I said as I saw Ron write down the time I’m on duty.
“ Ok, and just let Marcus know when you leave to go on lunch and a break so that way he can come to the desk.” He said as he headed back to Nick’s room and going inside.
I finally left the hospital and headed home where I got the biggest shock of all.
I walked into the house and went into the kitchen, so I could put my keys on the key hook next to garage door.
Then I began going through my mail, when I heard a bump coming from upstairs.
I went to the bottom step and just stood there listening, and then I heard it again and it was coming from one of my guest rooms.
“ Oh yeah Allen harder baby!” I heard a voice of a girl that was coming from the room on the left.
“ What in the Hell is going on in here!” I said as I opened the bedroom door and caught my boyfriend with the waitress from the restaurant that we went to a couple of nights ago.
“ Damn Gillian!” Allen said as he rolled off the girl.
“ Don’t damn me you bastard you and this slut get the hell out of my house before I call the police.” I said going to his pants and grabbing his keys and pulling my house key off the ring and then throwing the pants at him.
I slammed the door and ran down the stairs and called the lock smith to come over and change my locks.
Allen and the girl came down the stairs and went into the garage to where he had parked his car, I followed him so that way I took the opener from him too.
“ Gill can’t we talk about this?” he began to beg.
“ There really isn’t any thing to talk about, and if you ever come back here I will call the police.” I said as I stood there with tears rolling down my face.
“ Where I’m I suppose to go to?” he asked before starting up his car.
“ Well that is something that you should have thought about before you got caught.” I said as I pushed the button and door opened up.
All he could do was nod knowing I was right.
So he left and all I could do was watch and try to figure out what to do next.
I hit the button again and then went inside the house and just waited for the lock smith and the security people.
Chapter 3 by Nessie
Chapter 3

“ Evening Marcus, why don’t you go to the on call room and lay down for a little while.” I said coming into the room.
“ It’s ok, I’m fine besides you are still on duty.” Marcus said as he put down the book that he was reading.
“ I have finished my rounds for now and if I’m needed my beeper will go off, and you really do look like you’re about to fall asleep any way. And I will just sit right here next to him ok.” I said coming up to the bed and stood there looking down at Nick.
“ You know you’re right, I will be back in here about two hours. That is when you will start your rounds again.” He gave me a smile and getting from the chair and headed for the door.
“ Ok that sounds find see you in two hours then.” I said before he walked out the room.
“ Hey Nick, I hope that you don’t mind if I sit down right here and keep you company for a couple of hours, before going back to work.” I said sitting down in the chair and then out of the blue I took a hold of his hand and just held it.
The only thing I could do was just sit here and just watched him, and take a closer look at his features of his face, which was looking less swollen from three days ago, when he came here from the ER.
Then out of the blue I began singing Every Time from Britney Spears.
From some where in the deep darkness Nick’s mind woke up.
“ Did I die?” Nick asked himself as he just laid there in the bed.
“ No I’m not dead, because I hurt all over, but I must be because I hear an angel.” He said trying to make sense of what was happening to him, but the only thing that was claiming and easing away the fears was that he had this angel; who was singing to him.
The only thing he could do was fall back into a peaceful sleep as he just laid there listening to Gillian sing to him.
“ Hey girl it’s time for you to do your rounds.” Marcus said as he stepped back into the room two hours later.
“ Ok thanks, did you sleep will.” I asked getting up from the chair and began stretching some.
“ You know as a matter of fact I did slept will, until the alarm went off. Well I’ll see you in a few then.” He said as he took a seat in the chair that he was sitting in earlier.
“ Ok see you soon.” I said just as my beeper went off.
I walked out of the room and headed over to the desk.
“ Hey Gill it seems Mr. Peterson wants something.” Claudia said as she looked over to the green light that was flashing over his door.
“ Great just what I don’t need and that is to be yelled by him.” I said going over to inter com and pushing the button to his room.
“ Where is my nurse.” Yelled Mr. Peterson.
“ This is your nurse and what can I get for you Mr. Peterson?” I asked knowing what it was that he really wanted.
“ I need for you to get me some pain medicine, because that is what I need.” He said as he started to yell some.
“ Ok Mr. Peterson, I need you to claim down some, and I will call for your medication ok.” I said in my most charming voice.
“ Ok just bring it to me as soon as you can.” He said as he started to drift back to sleep.
“ Man Gill that one is a really pain in the butt. Well we better get to our rounds.” Claudia said as she picked up the phone and put in her medication order.
“ Yeah, but he really isn’t all that bad and tomorrow he will be heading up stairs to a private room, so he will be their problem.” I said going over to the medicine room and got the medicines that I needed for my three patients.
“ True, you are very lucky that you get our celebrity patient.” Claudia said as she picked up her four charts.
“ If you say so, man his girlfriend is such a bitch, telling him that they are now over all because she can’t be seen around town without him, and she needs him to be with her so she can get into a couple of the clubs for free.” I said coming out of the room shutting and locking the door behind me.
“ Man that is so wrong, I thought I heard some yelling coming from the room earlier.” Claudia asked as the bell behind her dinged.
“ Yeah, can you say that Tiffany and Nick’s two sisters got into it that’s all.” I said before leaving the station and began making my rounds, but afterwards I went into the back room and laid down for two hours.
Chapter 4 by Nessie
Chapter 4

“ Gillian do you believe Nick will ever wake up from his coma?” Angel asked as she looked over her menu.
“ To be really honest with you Angel, I’m not sure, but the only thing we can do is just pray.” I said putting down the menu and taking a hold of Angel’s hand and held it.
“ Thanks Gillian, you are the only one who seems to be honest and true full, and that is the only thing we can do, and it’s really up to Nick right?” she said as our waitress came over to the table.
“ Hello, I’m Betty and I will be serving you today. What can I get you to drink?” Betty said as she stood there waiting to take our drink order.
“ Hey, I would like to have sweet tea pleas oh yeah with a lemon too.” I said letting go of Angel’s hands and picking up my menu.
“ Ok sweet tea with lemon, and for you miss.” Betty turned towards Angel.
“ I will have a coke with a lime please.” Angel said as she just looked up from the menu that her hands where laying on.
“ Ok that’s a coke with a lime, and sweet tea with a lemon. I will be back in a minute with your drinks and I’ll take your orders.” Betty said before turning away and headed over to the bar.
“ Thanks, I do try to be honest with the family who’s love ones are under my care, so what do you do Angel, I know that your two brothers are singers, and a sister too.” I said finally deicing on what I wanted to eat for lunch.
“ That’s a great thing to do and I know families like that. I have boutique that me and a couple of friends own. Yeah Leslie is a singer, she does what sounds to me punk rock, but it’s alternative rock, but Nick always told her that she has the voice for country. Then there is my twin Aaron, and he is a singer too.” Angel said as Betty came back with our drinks.
“ Here you go, are you guys ready to order now?” Betty said as she put our drinks down in front of us.
“ I would like to have the chicken sandwich please and a bake potato instead of fries please.” Angel said as she closed her menu.
“ Ok and for you Ms?” Betty asked as she turned my way.
“ I will have the same thing but I would like to have onion rings instead of the potatoes.” I said closing my menu.
“ Ok that’s two chicken sandwiches, on with a bake potato and the other with onion rings.” Betty said as she repeated our orders, and we nodded yes to that orders.
After lunch Angel headed back to the hospital and I headed head home so I could lay down and take a two hour nap before I had to head into work.
“ Thank goodness tonight is very quiet.” Claudia said as she sat down next to me at the nurses’ station.
“ Me too, I’m going to go and get something to eat from the store, do you want me to pick you up something?” I asked getting up and heading to our locker room.
“ No I’m fine thanks.” Claudia said as Marcus came out of the room and headed over to the small kitchen area to get some coffee.
I walked into the room and changed into my outside clothes and shoes before leaving the floor.
“ Hey Marcus, I’m going out for dinner, so is there anything I can get for you?” I asked coming out of the room and saw him fixing his coffee.
“ Ok then I’ll see you soon then. No thanks I’m fine.” He said before taking a sip of his coffee.
I just nodded and grabbed my small bag before heading for the elevators. I got down to the lobby and walked out the door only to see a couple of BSB fans standing in the small court yard.
“ Excuse me but do you work here?” one of the girls asked me.
“ Um… yes I do work here.” I said trying to walk to the employee parking lot.
“ Do you know anything about Nick Carter?” the girl asked as she tried to follow me to the parking lot.
“ Sorry I don’t know any thing about that person.” I said walking very quickly so that I can get away from the girl.
I got to my car and got in; pulling out of the parking deck I headed off to the store so I could pick up some baked chicken.
“ Hey Gillian what can I get for you tonight?” Frank asked as he came up to the counter.
“ Hey Frank, I would like to have some potato salad and your super duper hot wings and half of the back chicken too please.” I said looking at the hot wings.
“ Ok and what size on the salad, and how many wings?” Frank asked getting the tongs ready for the wings.
“ I will take all of the wings and half a pint of potatoes please.” I said picking up a small package of Hawaiian Rolls.
“ Ok and I will add my special sauce on the wings.” Frank said as he began putting the wings into a large tub.
“ Ok that sounds great.” I said putting the rolls into the small basket.
Frank nodded and went over to the area that held a few hot pots, he lifted the lid to one of the pots and poured two ladles full of the sauce, so I could add more to the wings or pour over the bake chicken.
Once I got my things from the deli area, I headed over to the bakery over to get me something sweet to eat.
Once I got all my things I headed home, so that way I could eat my dinner in peace.
But little did I know that I was missing all the action that was going on in Nick’s room.
“ Code Blue, Code Blue!” was being called out, Claudia an another nurse along with Dr. Patrick Hatley raced into the room.
They worked feverish to get Nick’s heart start beating again. Two minutes later of working on him they got his heart beating again and got him stable again.
“ Hey I’m back, um what’s going on?” I asked as I saw Dr. Patrick Hatley sitting down in one of the chairs and was writing in Nick’s chart.
“ Your patient Mr. Carter, well his heart stopped and we had to bring him back from the dead.” Dr. Hatley said as he looked up from the chart.
“ Oh My God! I’m so sorry for not being here, but he was doing fine when I left for dinner.” I said starting to feel guilty for leaving the hospital.
“ Gillian please don’t go blaming yourself. He is fine for now so all we can do is make sure this doesn’t do it again.” Patrick said as he gave me a warm smile to let me know that every thing was going to be ok.
I just nodded and headed for the locker room and put on my scrubs from earlier.
Two hours before getting off for my three days off; I called Kasy, who works with will began working with me at nights.
After walking into the house I hopped into the shower and got ready for bed.
Chapter 5 by Nessie
Chapter 5

I pulled into the employee’s parking lot and I drove around until I came to the space that I always park in when I work.
I got out of the car and made my way to the hospital building. I walked in and made my way to the elevator while I was there two girls came over to the elevator and stood next to me as we waited for the lift to come down.
“ I heard that he was in the ICU so we just have to find which room he is in that’s all.” One of the girls said as they were talking amongst themselves.
“ You think they may stop us from looking around for him?” the other girl said as the bell dinged and the doors opened up and a couple of people got off before we got onto the lift and I pushed the button that I knew where Nick was and the girls pushed a different button that had the ICU on that floor.
I got off the elevator when it stopped on the floor that I wanted, then I made my way over to the nurse’s station.
“ Morning Pam.” I said as I stopped next to the chair that was beside Pam.
“ Hey Gillian, Nick is eating his breakfast, and his parents along with one of his sisters are here too.” Pam said as she looked up from her notes.
“ Oh that’s cool, how did he sleep last night and is feeling better?” I asked as I saw a four people get off the elevator and headed over to room that was across from the station’s left side.
“ He was running a low grade fever, and he was still in pain but he keeps saying that he is fine, but like I said you can see the pain in his face or in his eyes.” Pam said as she picked up his chart and handed it over to me so that way I could look over it.
I sat down in the chair and began looking over the chart and I saw that his fever did start late last night but so far the fever never rose to a 100 or higher.
“ Thanks, well I’m going over to see him now, oh before I forget if two girls come down looking for a friend or a family member ask for ID’s, because they are not family or friends they are fans so please don’t let them near him.” I said as I also told her what these two girls looked like and Pam told me that she will make sure that they come near him.
“ He does start physical therapy today.” Pam said as the elevator stopped at our floor.
“ Oh he’s not really going to like that, um…those are the two I told you about.” I lean down and nodded to the girls that just came off the elevator.
“ Ok I do have the list that was given to us.” Pam said as she opened Nick’s chart and looked at the list that had names on it.
I just nodded as I was leaving I heard Pam ask the two girls if she could help them, and of course they said they were here to see a family member.
Pam asked if they knew what room the person was in and when they said no, because all they were told was their family member was in the hospital but wasn’t told room number, because he was in ICU but was moved to a private room, all they where told he was on this floor.
Then I heard her ask for the name of their family member and then for their ID’s, but that was all I heard because I tapped on the door and heard a come in.
I walked into the room and saw Nick’s parents and his youngest sister and brother.
“ Morning everyone, um… Gillian I was Nick’s nurse when he was down in ICU, well I stopped by to see how he was doing today.” I said as I walked into the room and looked at his parents, who nodded to me.
“ Oh I remember you please come in Gillian and take my chair.” Nick’s dad said as he stood up and pushed the chair over to me.
“ Thank you, but you can keep your chair, I’m only going to stay for a minute or two. Hey Nick how are you doing today?” I asked as I came up to the end of the bed.
“ Hey Gillian it’s good to see you again, I’m doing a little better, even though I still have some pain in my chest.” He said as he moved some and winsted some in pain.
“ That’s because you are still healing, um… Pam told me that you were running a little fever, she will bring something to bring something to lower it. And you also will start therapy today and speak of them now.” I said as there was a tap on the door and the orderly came in with the wheel chair.
“ Morning Gillian, um… have you lost your way?” the orderly said with a small laugh as he came into the room.
“ Morning James no I haven’t lost my way, I’m here seeing how my friend is doing that’s all.” I said as he brought the wheel chair further into the room.
“ I see, morning everyone, I’m here to take Mr. Carter down to his physical therapy.” James said as he said hello to everybody in the room before turning his attention to Nick.
Bob got up and moved the chair so that way James could bring the wheelchair closer to the bed, and went over to where Jane and the other kids were sitting on the other side of the room.
“ Um… do I really have to go, I don’t think I have the strength to get out of the bed.” Nick said as a scared look came across his face.
“ Nick if makes you feel any better I go down there with you.” I said trying to make him feel better about going down to physical therapy.
“ Yeah that sounds good.” He said looking at me and giving me a smile.
James got him into the chair and we left the room together, thank goodness the two girls where gone as we made our way down to the staff elevator.
We walked into the area of the hospital that has the physical therapy department was located.
“ Morning Jennette we have person for you, Nick this is Miss Jennette and she will be looking after you.” James said as he brought Nick into the room, and Jennette looked up from her paper work.
“ Morning James, hi there Nick it’s nice to meet you, so are you ready to get to work.” Jennette said as she came over to us and took Nick’s chart from him.
“ Um… hey, sure I guess.” Nick said in a whisper.
“ Ok, oh hey Gillian, what brings you down here.” Jennette asked as she saw me standing by the door.
“ Hey, I just came with James and Nick and to see who was going to be working with Nick.” I said as I nodded over to Nick.
“ I see, well I’m the one who will be working with him. Ok let’s bring Mr. Carter over to the mat please James.” She said as she began walking over to the matted area of the room.
“ I’m glad to hear that, Nick Jennette here is our best therapist around so you are in very good hands.” I said to Nick as I came up to him and turned him around so he was facing me.
Nick just nodded to me just before James lifted him up and they put Nick down on the mat.
I wonded up staying with Nick as he went through his therapy which lasted for and hour, then I went back with him to his room. After he was back in bed Pam came in with his pain medicine and he then went to sleep do to the medicine. I said bye to his family and left and head home so I could fix me something to eat for lunch.
Then after lunch I headed over to the beach and just laid out and enjoyed the rest of the day.
Chapter 6 by Nessie
Chapter 6

I was sitting at the nurse’s station when I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up and saw Nick’s dad standing there.
“ Mr. Carter how are you doing today?” I asked as I put the pen down and looked at him.
“ Morning Gillian, I’m doing fine, but I was wondering if you have heard anything about Nick?” he asked as one of the nurse’s techs came to the station and sat down and began looking over the notes that she had taken from her patient.
“ Um… no I haven’t been up there to see him yet and I had been out of town for the past three days, so I didn’t see him this weekend. So how is he doing?” I said as the girl that was under me came over with a chart and sat down and began entering the vital signs of a couple of the patients into the charts.
“ Well Pam is off today so that is why she hasn’t called you then, but late last night he began running a fever, and this morning it was really high, they called in a specialist a Dr. Brandon Stokes is taking care of him.” Bob said as he looked over at the other girls.
“ Dr. Stokes is one of our best doctors around. Oh man I didn’t know he was running a high fever, we know he was running a very low fever when I last saw him on Thursday.” I said as Angel came off the elevator and she had tears rolling down her face.
“ Hey Gillian, dad mom needs you upstairs, we had to leave the room because something has happen to him, and now they are calling for another doctor.” She said as she came up to her dad.
“ Oh dear, I guess I’ll be seeing you later, I better go and see what is going on and I’ll let you know ok.” Bob said as the phone began to read.
“ Ok here is the number to call down here.” I said as I began writing down the number to call, me to let me know what’s going on with Nick.
“ Um… Gillian one of the nurses on floor six wants to talk to you.” One of the techs said as she turned around and held out the phone to me.
“ Ok I’ll come up and see him when I have a lunch break.” I said as I took the phone and Bob just nodded and got on the elevator with Angel and they headed back up to Nick’s room.
“ Hello, this is Gillian how can I help you.” I said as I took the phone from the tech.
“ Hey Gillian this is Kelly I’m the nurse on floor five, I’m calling to see if you have any empty rooms, because we have to send a patient down there, because he is really ill.” Kelly said as she saw the father and sister going into one of the rooms.
“ Yes we have three rooms empty.” I said as I looked at the rooms and yes one of the rooms was a VIP room.
“ That is great I will let the doctor know, and we will be moving him down there with in an hour.” Kelly said as the doctor came out of the room of the patient that was going to be move back down to the ICU.
“ Ok all I need is the patient’s name and I will get the room ready.” I said getting the paperwork ready so I can plan which room I can get ready.
“ The last name is Carter and first name is Nickolas, and it’s spelled with a “K” and not a “H” or yeah he is a celebrity too, so there will be a list of people who can see him.” Kelly said as she was giving me the information, and when I heard the name tears began to fill up in my eyes.
“ Oh I will have the bigger room that we have down here ready for him.” Was all I said as entered Nick’s name into the computer.
“ Ok we will be there in hour then.” Kelly said before hanging up the phone.
I hung up the phone and just sat there for a few minutes trying to get over the fact that Nick was coming back down here because he was really sick.
“ Susan come with me please we have to get a room ready, because we have a new patient coming down from upstairs.” I said to my nurse’s tech.
We got up and headed over to the bigger room which was on the right side of the station.
As I was setting up the room I heard a knock and I looked up and saw a doctor standing there.
“ Um… hello, I’m looking for the patient that is supposed to be here.” The doctor said as he stepped into the room.
“ Oh… he is upstairs, he won’t be down here in an hour.” I said as I turned and told the doctor where his patient was.
“ Ok … well I guess I’ll see him when he gets here, oh I’m doctor Patrick Hatley, Dr. Stokes wanted me to monitor the patient’s heart because it sound very weak to him, and he also informed me that he just came out of a coma about four days ago.” He said as he stuck out his hand for me to shake.
“ It’s nice to meet you Dr. Hatley, I’m Gillian and I’m the head night nurse here, and he will be under my care.” I said shaking his hand.
“ Ok but it’s day time?” Dr. Hatley said as he looked out the window.
“ I know I’m filling in for the head day nurse today, she had a family thing this morning.” I said as Susan finished with the bed.
“ Oh I see so you will be with him at night then?” he asked as we walked out of the room.
“ Yes I will be here tomorrow night and for the rest of the week.” I said as we came to the station and I sat down in the chair that I was sitting in before.
“ Ok that’s great to hear, well I’ll be back in an hour or so, I will be making my rounds can you give me a call when the patient is in his room.” He said before heading towards the elevator.
I just nodded and went back to entering the stuff that I had written down, into some of the other patients’ charts.
An hour later two orderly came out of the elevator with a bed between them, and was followed by family members of the patient that was coming to our floor.
“ Oh My God! That’s Nick Carter.” I heard one of the nurse’s tech say.
I turned around and saw that one of the girls pull out her phone.
“ Don’t even think about it, and if I find anything on the net about him being back down here, then you will be finding yourself out of the hospital.” I said glairing at the girl who put her phone back in her purse.
“ Which one of us will be looking after him.” One of the girls asked as she turned to me.
“ None of you will be looking after him, it will be me at night, and Claudia during the day, and she will be back tomorrow.” I said just as Frank came off the elevator carrying what looks like his lunch.
“ Hey Gillian, I can’t believe that we are back here again. Wait a minute what are you doing here, I thought you worked at night.” He said as he looked straight at me.
“ Hey Frank, I’m filling in for Claudia today, she had something come up this morning, but I will be here tomorrow night.” I said looking away from the girls and lead the way to the room that Nick was in.
“ That’s great news, have they said what is causing this fever?” he asked as the orderlies came out with the bed.
“ No not yet, but I’m sure we will know either tonight or tomorrow, what is causing this problem.” I said as I walked into the room.
“ Gill, hey man I feel awful.” Nick said as I walked into the room.
“ Hey Nick, I bet you do, I’m going to get you some medicine that will break your fever some ok, and I will see when was the time you had your pain medicine and I will get that if it’s time.” I said going over to him and taking a hold of his hand and giving it a squeeze.
“ Ok that sounds great… um… can you get me something …. I feel like I’m going to be sick to my stomach.” He said as he pulled his hand out of mine and put it up to his mouth as he was about to throw up.
I grabbed the garbage can that was behind me and held under his chin as he began to throw up.
“ I’m also going to get something for your stomach too, I’ll be right back.” I said as Jane came over and took the garbage can from me and I headed out the door and over to the nurse’s station.
I grabbed Nick’s chart and began looking at it and I did see that it was time for his pain medicine so I called down to the pharmacy and ordered the medicine that I needed to give to Nick.
Ten minutes later his medicine was sent up from the pharmacy and I went to Nick’s room and began putting Nick’s medicine into his IV.
“ Thank you.” Was all Nick said as he drifted off to sleep.
“ I’m going to be right out here if you guys need any thing, I’m going to close the blinds here and crack the door, that’s because of the nurse’s techs are fans and I don’t want them staring at him and making sure they won’t take pictures, I have warned them about will happen to them if I hear or see anything on the net about him being here.” I said as I shut the blinds before I walked out of the door.
“ Thanks Gillian for everything that you have done for him.” Jane said as she took my hand and held it.
“ Your welcome, all I’m doing is my job, well I do have to make my rounds one more time before the night nurse comes in, she will Claudia.” I said opening the door and stepped out.
Jane just nodded and I cracked the door and went back to the nurse’s station just as Doctor Hatley along with Claudia, where coming off the elevator.
“ Evening Gillian, what’s going on here?” Claudia asked as she came around the desk and coming over to one of the chairs so she could put her bag in the safe.
“ Hey Claudia, well you can say Mr. Carter is back, but this time it’s something else, everything will be in his chart, I was about to write down the times that I gave his medicines, and his family is here.” I said sitting down and opened up the chart.
Twenty minutes later I was finishing up my rounds just as Marcus came in and the techs left after he told them the same thing that I had told them earlier, but he also added there would be a law suite too.
And hour and thirty minutes later I was walking into my house and making myself a hot bubble bath, I grabbed a glass of wine and then got into the tub, and just soaked and relaxed before going to bed.
Chapter 7 by Nessie
Chapter 7

I walked into the house and made my way to the kitchen with my bags of groceries just as the phone began to ring.
I was trying to put the bags down on the kitchen bar and I was fighting with it because it had twisted around my wrist. Before I could get to the phone the answering machine picked up the call.
“ Hey Gillian, it’s Pam….” Pam started to say before I could pick up.
“ Hey Pam I’m here, sorry I didn’t pick up sooner because I had my hands full of groceries, so what’s going on.” I asked as I began putting up my food stuff.
“ I’m calling to let you know that Nick has been brought back up to the private floor, and he does have the same room.” Pam said as she nodded to Jane and Bob who walked by and waved to her.
“ Oh ok, so how is he doing?” I asked as I put the milk in the fridge.
“ He is doing ok, his ribs are still hurting him, oh and before I forget he was asking for you. I told him that you were off for the next three days, and I told that I would give you a call and ask you to come and see him.” Pam said as she saw Angel come over to us and she had a girl with here, who turned out to be a cousin.
“ Oh I was going to come by later tonight, because I have things that I have to do so I won’t be there until after visiting hours, you can tell that I will be there.” I said as Garfield came in and hopped up on the counter and wanted me to pet him and give him some mommy love.
“ Ok I will let him know that you will be there later tonight then.” Pam said as two girls came off the elevator, and they looked around as to figure out which way they want to go, they went to the right and went into a room that had an elderly lady in the room.
“ Thanks, and speaking of some of those things that I have to go, I better get going.” I said looking at the clock and saw that I was almost going to be late for the party.
“ Ok I’ll see you in a few hours then.” Pam said as Nick’s sister Leslie and her boyfriend came off the elevator and came up to the station and handed her their ID’s.
I hung up the phone and ran upstairs and cleaned up a little bit and changed my shirt before I headed out of the house and made my way over to my parents house.
“ Gill, we almost started lunch without you, oh thank goodness you brought Tina’s cake.” Mom said as we walked into the kitchen, she took the cake from me and putting it on the counter.
“ I had to stop at the store and I tell you what it was crazy there, and that’s what set me back some, so now I’m here let’s start the party.” I said giving mom a hug, and then we walked into the dinning room.
“ About time you got here.” Tina said with a smile on her face.
“ Sorry that I’m late, happy birthday sweetheart.” I said leaned down and giving my baby sister a hug.
We had a great time a the small birthday luncheon that my parents fixed for my sister, before she had to head back to school.
I then made my way over to one of my friends who was going to have a baby so I had to go to her baby shower for an hour before heading over to another friend’s house for a bridal shower, and she was getting married this weekend in which I’m part of the bridal party.
Once I left my friend’s house I made my way to the hospital, I know that visiting hours will be over in about twenty minutes, but with this traffic I have a feeling that I will be late.
Sure enough I got to the hospital twenty minutes after visiting hours was over, but because I worked here I can stay there as long as I like.
“ Pam, sorry that I could be here a little earlier, it’s been a wild day with nothing but parties today.” I said coming up to the nurse’s station and saw another night nurse look at me.
“ That’s ok, his mom and dad just left and he may be asleep, because I gave him some pain medicine, but you are more than welcome to sit with him.” Pam said as she nodded towards Nick’s room and then she handed me his chart so that way I could see what’s been going on with him since I last saw him, which was in ICU.
I walked into his room and saw Marcus sitting in a chair watching the TV, he looked at me and gave me nod when I walked into the room.
“ Hey Gill, it’s great to see you, he just fell asleep about five minutes ago. I’m going to and get some coffee, and I need to get something out of my car so I will give you two some time alone.
“ Thanks Marcus and it’s great to see you too, oh ok I really don’t want to wake him up but I will sit right here just in case he needs something, ok you go and get whatever you need and take your time.” I said as I put my bag down in the empty chair and sat down in the chair that was on his right side.
Marcus left the room and I just sat there and watched a little bit of whatever Marcus was watching. I then heard a little moan come from Nick, so I took a hold of his hand and held. Then a song came to my head and I began to sing it.
Nick heard that voice he heard the first night he was in the hospital, and he always wanted to know who was singing to him, so he slowly opened his eyes and then turn his head to the person who was sitting next to him, and to his surprise that the voice of the Angel was none other than Gillian. Nick smiled before closing his eyes and drifted back to sleep.
I looked down at Nick, and saw a smile on his face, and saw his eyes flicker, after the song I laid my head down on the bed and I too drifted off to sleep.
Chapter 8 by Nessie
Chapter 8

“ Yes mom I will be there for dinner tonight, around six ok I’ll be there, ok love you too.” Nick said as he said bye to his mom.
Nick drove through the busy streets of Tampa as he was driving home from the recording studio, is where he was most of the day, and everyday since he left the hospital two months ago. He turn the corner of the road that will lead him down to Apollo Beach, but it was on the corner there was a shop that caught his attention.
‘ A thing of flowers would be good to give to Gill’ Nick thought as he saw the flower shop.
He found a parking space and got out of the car and made his way to the flower shop.
“ Good afternoon and how can I help you?” the store clerk asked as Nick walked into the room.
“ Um… yes please, um I would like some kind of flowers or plant to say thank you.” Nick said as he came up to the counter.
“ Ok, well lets see we can make a bouquet of flowers or a flowery plant that she can have all year long.” The lady said as she began pulling out a notebook.
“ Um… you know what a plant that flowers would be great.” Nick said as he began looking around and hoping to see something that he liked.
“ Ok, well lets see we have these or we can make a special one for you of you like.” The lady said as she opened up the notebook so she could show Nick the different kinds of arrangements that they had already made up and the prices.
“ I think I would like to have it made special please.” He said as the lady just nodded, and she showed him the prices of the sizes of the pots.
“ Um… I think a small pot would work please, so all I do now is pick out what I want in the plant?” Nick asked as began to look around the shop.
“ Yes sir just tell me what you would like and I will get it and put it into the pot of your choice.” The lady said as she came around the counter and she lead Nick over to where the pots were located.
Nick walked around the store until saw Native American style pot that was teal color along with the tan of the pot.
“ I would like that pot right there please.” Nick said as he pointed out the pot to the lady.
She grabbed the pot that Nick wanted and then headed over to a small table and put the pot down on it.
Then they walked around the shop and Nick picked out the plants that he wanted in the pot, once they had the plants they went back to the table were they sat down and Nick watched the lady put together the special plant.
“ Ok here you go, and would you like to have card, and if so what would you like written on it.” The lady asked as she put a small plastic stick into the pot as to place the card.
“ Yeah that would be good, um… To Gill.. Thank you so very much for everything you have done for me while I was there in the hospital and thank you for coming to see him when you had time off; it really meant everything to me. Love Nick.” Nick said as he was trying to but his thoughts into words.
“ Ok here you go, and thank you so much for shopping with us, and I hope that your friend enjoys the plant.” The lady said as she handed Nick the potted plant and Nick left the shop.
Twenty minutes later Nick was pulling into the parking lot at the hospital and finding a parking space to park. Getting out of the car he made his way across the parking lot and into the building.
Nick stepped off the elevator on the floor that the ICU was on.
“ Nick it’s so good to see you up and about and I hope that everything is good for you?” Christine asked as he came up to the nurse’s station.
“ Hey Christine, I take you are on call tonight, um is Gillian here?” he asked as he looked around and saw that it was just Christine.
“ Yeah she is here, she is in the on call room. Um… she is upset. Are those for her?” Christine asked as she saw the plant.
“ Oh man, is she going to be ok? Yeah I wanted to get her something.” He said as someone called for Christine to come to their room.
“ That’s sweet, after tonight I know that will cheer her up.” Christine said as she got up and went to the person’s room.
Nick went to the small room that the doctors and nurses use on the night shift to catch a little sleep.
“ Come in.” I said as I heard a small tap on the door and I tried to dry my eyes before the person came into the room.
“ Hey Gill.” Nick said as he walked into the room.
“ Um… Nick what are you doing here?” I asked as I looked up and saw him coming into the room.
“ I stopped by to give you this, Gill what’s wrong.” Nick said as he came up to me and put the plant down on the end table, sat down on couch beside me as I began to cry again.
“ I held the hand of a four year old boy as he died, now someone will have to tell his brother and sister, who are also here too, because they were shot in a drive by, that their baby brother is dead.” I said as Nick pulled me into his arms and held me as I cried.
Twenty minutes later we walked out of the room and we headed to a McDonalds and I got something to eat while Nick just got something to drink.
He then dropped me off before heading off to his parents’ house for dinner.
Chapter 9 by Nessie
Chapter 9

“ Hey Gillian and Nick Peter is in the room but Charlotte had to go and get some tests done.” Lindsey said as we came up to the nurse’s station.
“ Oh why is Charlotte going for tests?” I asked as I saw and nurse’s aide come out of one of the rooms, and her eyes bugged out when she saw Nick standing there by the nurses station.
“ She had been complaining about her stomach hurting her, and she has been running a fever too.” Lindsey said as grabbed a few charts and handed them to the aide so that way she could add the vitals that she had just taken.
“ You think that something was missed?” I asked as a couple came on to the floor, and I saw them stop and look which way the rooms where located at.
“ It sounds like it, you guys can go and see Peter, I’m sure he would love to have some visitors his parents are at the viewing today of their other son, so they won’t be here until it’s all over.” Lindsey said as she looked at the note that was left for the nurses to let them know about Peter and Charlotte’s parents and when they will be there to stay with them.
“ Oh I see I get off in an hour so I think I’ll go and see them.” I said knowing which funeral home the viewing was going to be at.
“ I think they would like that.” Lindsey said as she saw one of the doctors come on the floor to do his rounds.
We both nodded and then turned away from station as the doctor sat down at the desk and began reading some of the charts that he had picked up.
We walked down the hallway to the last room on the left hand side, and when we got the room we tapped on the door before walking into the room.
“ Hey Peter how are you doing?” I said as I came into the room.
“ Hey Gillian, I’m doing ok, you know my sister isn’t here.” Peter said as he turned away from the cartoon that he was watching.
“ Yeah I know that Charlotte isn’t here we have already talked to your nurse.” I said as went over to him and gave him a small hug.
“ Yeah she isn’t feeling to good, Um… is that Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys.” Peter said as he saw Nick standing behind me.
“ Hey Peter I’m Nick, I wanted to stop by and see how you and your sister were doing, and I’m sorry to hear about your baby brother.” Nick said as came over and shook Peter’s hand.
“ Thanks mommy and daddy are with him at the moment, but they will be here later, I just wish he didn’t have to die.” Peter said as tears came into his eyes.
“ I know sweetie but you can say he is with God and he is no longer in pain of any kind.” I said sitting on the edge of the bed and holding him as he began to cry.
We only stayed with him for about twenty minutes because I had to get back to work and Nick had to do something with his mom. But I did promise to come back tomorrow to see him and I hoped to see Charlotte too.
I went back downstairs to ICU and worked for a couple of hours before it was time for me to go home.
“ Well Christine I’ll see you in a few days.” I said as I grabbed my bag and went around the station before heading for the elevators.
“ Ok you have a great days off and see you later then.” She said as she grabbed her charts and was about to start her rounds.
I nodded and I began heading over to the elevator and then I pushed the button and waited for the lift to come down so that way I could leave the hospital.
I got into the car and headed over to the funeral home so that way I could see the Peter and Charlotte’s parents and let them know that I was thinking of them.
After leaving there I headed back to the hospital so that way I could see Peter and hopefully Charlotte.
“ Hey Karen.” I said coming over to the station.
“ Gillian, how are you doing today?” she asked as she pulling a couple of her charts so that way she could began her rounds.
“ I’m doing pretty good, I’m here to see Peter and Charlotte.” I said as I began walking with her as she headed down the hallway to start her rounds.
“ Oh ok, I hear their parents are at youngest viewing, you know it’s really a shame in what happen to him.” Karen said as she stopped by the first room on her round.
“ Yeah it was rough for them, I just saw them and I told them that I would stay here with Peter and Charlotte until they got here.” I said as Karen tapped on the door and opened it before walking into the room.
I continue to head down the hallway until I came to the Peter and Charlotte’s room.
“ Hello?” I said as came into the room.
“ Hey Gillian, you came back.” Peter said as he was trying to finish up his dinner.
“ I told you that would be here, I saw your mom and dad, and they will be here in a couple of hours, but for now I will be here with you guys ok.” I said as I sat down in the chair that was between the beds.
“ Ok that’s cool, you want to play a game?” Peter asked as he looked over to Charlotte and saw that she dozed back to sleep.
“ Sure I take it that she came back from her tests not to long ago.” I said as watched the young girl going back to sleep.
“ Yeah, and they are going to have to do some more surgery but they are going to do it tomorrow.” Peter said as he watched his sister and began to get really worry about her.
“ Oh I see, I hope that she gets better. So what game do you want to play?” I asked as turned my full attention on him.
“ Um… Mario Cart.” Was all he said as he started up the game.
“ Ok Mario Cart it is.” I said as picked up the other controller and we started playing the game.
Two hours later he got a little tired and started to fall asleep after the nurse came in with his pain medicine, just as he began to drift off to sleep his mom and dad came into the room.
We talked for a couple of minutes and I told them that Charlotte was going to have to go into surgery tomorrow, and they said that they would be here when they took her into surgery, but if lasts a longer than an hour then they would have to leave and be at the funeral.
I said goodnight and head home so that way I could get some sleep and get ready for my very long weekend.
Chapter 10 by Nessie
Chapter 10

“ You ready to see how an album is done.” Nick said as he came into the house.
“ Yeah I’m ready and thank you for letting me come with you today.” I said as I grabbed my bag and we both headed out the door.
We walked down the path way to Nick’s car. He walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me.
“ Thanks.” I said as got into the car.
“ Your welcome.” Nick said as he shut the door and headed over to the driver’s side and getting into the car.
“ Do you have any plans for tomorrow night?” I asked as Nick pulled out of the drive way and we began heading for the studio.
“ No not really why do you ask?” he asked as he stopped at the stop sign and waited to pull onto the main road.
“ Well I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me.” I asked just as he pulled onto the main road and we headed down the road.
“ Sure that sounds great.” He said as we came to the first red light.
“ Ok um… dinner is at six.” I said as we started moving again.
“ Ok that sounds great, is there anything you want me to bring for dinner?” he asked as we pulled onto the highway.
“ Um not really, only if you want to bring something to drink.” I said hoping that he would like to bring wine or even beer.
“ Ok would you like beer or wine?” he asked.
“ Um… you can pick I like both.” I said.
“ Ok then I’ll think of something.” He said as he turned my way and gave me a smile.
Twenty minutes later we were pulling into the drive way of the house that is used as a recording studio.
“ Nick he bro and how are you doing today.” Howie said as we walked into the room.
“ Hey Howie, I’m doing great, this is my friend Gillian, Gillian this is Howie.” Nick said as he introduced us.
“ Hey again Gillian, it’s good to see you away from the hospital.” Howie said as he gave me a hug.
“ Thanks and it’s great to see you too, hey Leigh it’s great to see you again.” I said as I saw Leigh walk into the room with Brian’s girlfriend Leighanne.
“ Gillian it’s great to see you too, Leighanne this is Gillian, she was Nick’s night nurse when he was in the hospital.” Leigh said as she introduced us.
“ Hello, it’s nice to meet you.” Leighanne said as she came over and shook my hand.
The others came in and we said hello to each other and I got a huge surprise just as I sat down on the couch.
“ Gillian hey.” Lindsey said as she came into the room.
“ Lindsey hey what are you doing here?” I asked as she came over to me and gave me a hug before sitting down beside on the couch.
“ I’m here with my boyfriend.” Lindsey said just as AJ came over to us and he bent down and gave her a kiss.
“ AJ is your boyfriend cool. And believe me I’m not going to say anything to anyone.” I said as I gave the couple a huge smile.
“ Thanks, there is someone else here that you will know too.” Lindsey said just as Jennette came into the room with Kevin.
“ Gillian hey what are you doing here?” Jennette asked as she came over to us.
“ I’m here to see the guys record some songs, I thought you two worked the day shifts?” I said as noticed that both of them were here.
“ We do work the day shift but I’m called tonight so I can be here until lunch time then I need to get home and rest just in case I have to go in.” Lindsey said as we watched the guys go into the recording booth.
“ Oh and you?” I asked Jennette.
“ I was lucky enough to get the weekend off, and you?” Jennette asked as the producer and engineer came into the room and took their places behind the sound board.
“ I’m on vacation.” I said as the guys’ manager came in and then they began recording.
It was around twelve when we broke for lunch, so Nick and I headed over to Chili’s while everybody went other places. We returned back to the studio while the guys recorded for about two more hours before calling it day.
Nick took me home and we order pizza and sat back and watched a couple of movies until mid-night when Nick said goodnight and left.
I headed upstairs got undress and climbed into bed and fell sound asleep.
Chapter 11 by Nessie
Chapter 11

“ ICU this is Gillian.” I said as I answered the phone.
“ Hey Gillian this is Sabrina from ER, we have a pregnant woman that was in car accident and had emergency surgery to repair a torn spleen and liver and her doctor wants her to spend a few days up there so that way she can make sure there isn’t any other problems.” Sabrina said as she saw another patient come into the ER complaining of a stomach ache.
“ Ok I will have a room ready for her in an hour then.” I said looking over at Claudia.
“ Ok I will start on her transfer paper work then and see you guys in an hour.” Sabrina said as we hung up the phones.
“ I take it we are going to be busy tonight.” Claudia said as she picked up two charts and stood up.
“ Yeah we have a pregnant woman coming up here and she will be staying with us for a couple of days or so.” I said getting up and going to the room that the lady was going to be staying in.
An hour later the elevator doors opened and Sabrina came into the room with two orderlies and the bed that had the pregnant woman on.
“ Evening Sabrina please follow me and we so that way we can make Mrs. Carson here as comfy as possible.” I said getting up from my chair and coming over to the small group.
“ Evening and you must be Gillian it’s nice to meet you finally, that sounds great, I had already gave Mrs. Carson her meds so she really shouldn’t need anything for an hour or so, and we also have her hooked up to a fetal monitor to hear the baby’s heart beat too.” Sabrina said as I lead them over to the room that my new patient will be staying in for the next few days.
“ Ok that sounds great I did bring in monitor that we can use here so that way you can have yours back. And here we are a very comfy bed.” I said giving the poor lady’s hand squeeze.
And I just felt her give me a very light squeeze back to let me know that she still there with us.
It took me thirty minutes to get her all comfy and hooked up to all the machines and to let her know that if she need anything that I was just a button away.
I said goodnight and turned out the light so that way she could go back to sleep, I closed the door and headed over to the nurse’s station and sat down and began writing down stuff in her chart.
While I was helping her out we had other patient from the ER come up, and this was the person who was complaining about a stomach ache and well it turned out to be a intestinal blockage. Thank goodness Claudia was looking after that poor person.
“ Um… Sabrina are you doing anything this weekend?” I asked as we both stopped at the station.
“ Um… no not really, I was trying to think of something to do too, this is my first weekend off in a month, why do you ask?” she asked as signed her name on the chart as to let everyone know that she transfer Mrs. Carson’s care over to me.
“ Well I’m having some friends over and they all work here, some work in the ER during the day, and you may know them, Christine, and there are others from different departments too.” I said as Claudia came back and sat down.
“ She throws great get together to bad I can’t make it to this one. And it’s an honor to be invited trust me.” Claudia said as she opened her chart and began writing the vitals down.
“ Um… yeah a couple of people have told me about them, sure I would love to come.” Sabrina said as she gave me a big smile.
“ Ok it will start any time after twelve, and you bring anything you like, and if you have games bring them too and most important bring your swim suit.” I said giving her my number and address and time of the party.
“ Ok that sounds great see you then, and thank you so very much.” Sabrina said as she took the paper that I handed her and she turned and left the floor and headed back down stairs to the ER.
“ That was very nice of you to invite her, oh you got a call while you getting Mrs. Carson settled into bed, it was Nick.” Claudia said as she handed me my call messages.
“ Yeah I had seen her a few times when I came down there to see Christine when she was working down there. And she did have this lonely look about her so I thought I would make her feel less lonely you know what I mean. Ok I’m going to go to dinner then, and just let me know if Mrs. Carson needs anything.” I said looking at the messages and seeing that I had one from Nick and two from my mother.
“ Ok see you in an hour then have a great one and tell Nick I said hi.” Claudia said as gave me a huge smile.
I just nodded and went into the call room and sat down at the table and began eating my dinner and began making phone calls.
A week later Mrs. Carson was well enough to be moved down to the Maternity Ward to have her baby.
“ Hey Gillian I want you to meet Leia, she will be taking my place for awhile.” Lindsey said as I came over to the nurse’s station with Mrs. Carson.
“ Hey Leia it’s nice to meet you, I take it you are going with Alex.” I said handing the chart over to Lindsey.
“ Yeah and I can’t wait too, Leia is going to show you where which room to put Mrs. Carson in, we have everything set up for your little one.” Lindsey said as she nodded over to Leia who now had the chart in her hands and she was coming over to the wheel chair.
She lead us to one of the birthing rooms, and we helped put Mrs. Carson into the bed, and I said goodbye to her and Leia before heading back down to ICU.
Chapter 12 by Nessie
Chapter 12

“ So what are you going to do for your birthday?” Christine asked as I began putting up my charts and left a note for Claudia and the new nurse that started last week.
“ A friend is taking me out to dinner tonight, that is one reason why I’m working the day shift today and I have the next three days off too.” I said just as Claudia and Sue Ellen came walking up to the desk.
“ Oh really well I do hope that you have a great dinner and Happy Birthday.” Christine said as Claudia came over and sat down at the desk and pulled out her duty sheet for the night.
“ Happy Birthday Gillian so what are you doing for your birthday tonight.” Claudia asked as she looked up at me as Sue Ellen sat down too and began looking at her duty sheet too.
“ Like I told Christine, I have a friend who is taking me out to dinner.” I said getting up and picking up my small bag.
“ Oh cool well I hope that you have a great time and see you in a few days then.” Claudia said as she pulled out her charts and began looking through them.
“ Ok you guys have a great night, and see you guys on Monday.” I said before heading over to the elevators.
Once I got home for work I made a bee line for the bathroom and jumped into the shower and began getting ready to go out to dinner.
“ Coming!” I said as I finished putting on my shoes.
I got to the door and opened it up and saw Nick standing there with a present in his hand.
“ Happy Birthday Gillian and are you ready for dinner.” Nick said as he came into the house.
“ Why thank you and yes I’m ready, Nick really didn’t have to get me anything, and thank you so much.” I said as I took the present from him and let him inside the house.
“ You’re welcome, I know but I wanted to get you a little something besides dinner.” He said in a very shy way.
I nodded and we walked into the living room where I sat down on the couch and open the box.
Inside the box was a beautiful ruby and diamond bracelet.
“ Oh MY! Nick it’s beautiful thank you.” I said getting up and coming over to him and giving him a kiss.
“ Your welcome, here let me help you with that.” He said taking the bracelet from me and I held out my left arm so he could put the bracelet on it.
Once the bracelet was in place I stretched out my arm and looked at it closer and saw how it sparkled in the light.
“ Well we better get going if we want to make it to dinner in time.” I said grabbing the small bag and we headed out the front door.
Thrity minutes later we pulled into the parking lot and found a spot somewhat close, we walked into the restaurant and up to the podium that had a couple standing in front of it as they waited for the host or hostess.
“ Hello and how many?” the guy asked as we came up to the podium as the couple in front of us went off with the hostess.
“ Yes I have a reservation for Carter.” Nick said giving the guy his last name.
“ Ok please follow me Mr. Carter.” The host said as he grabbed two menus.
We followed him and he lead us to somewhat closer to the back of the restaurant so that it wasn’t to crowded and loud.
We sat down and began going through what was on the menu when our waiter came over and took our drink order.
“ Why do I have a feeling that you have something else in mind.” I said putting down my menu.
“ Um… well in away I do have something I want to ask you and I really want you to think about it before giving me your answer.” He said as he looked at me over his menu.
“ Oh I see, and what do you want to ask me?” I asked as the waiter came back with our drinks.
We gave him order dinner orders and then Nick surprised me by taking a hold of my hands.
“ I want to really thank you for everything that you have done for me, and in this small mount of time I have found myself having stronger feelings for you, it first started out as friends, but now it has turned into something more. What I want to say is I love you Gillian and would you be my girlfriend?” he asked as he looked straight into my eyes.
“ Oh My! And you know what like you my feelings have changed for you too, as it went from friends to love, and I love you too Nick.” I said as I looked into his eyes too, and tears began coming to my eyes.
“ Really, and like said earlier I will let you think about it, and I won’t rush you either.” He said as he looked down at our hands.
“ Thanks I really like that, and there really isn’t anything to think to about, yes Nick I will be your girlfriend.” I said giving him a huge smile.
Well after dinner we headed back over to my house and after a nice hot bath together, we made it to my bed, where Nick made slow and very passionate love to me, and afterwards we cuddled up in each others arms and falling sound asleep.
Chapter 13 by Nessie
Chapter 13

I pulled up to Jennette’s house and both her and Lindsey came out the front door.
“ Hey Gillian and how are you doing this morning?” Jennette asked as she got into the front seat, and Lindsey got into the back seat.
“ Hey guys, I’m doing pretty good thank, just been really busy at the hospital is all, and how are you guys doing.” I said as we started off for the movie theater.
“ Hey, I’m doing pretty good too, and I have been really busy at the hospital due to the fact that we are having babies born every day.” Lindsey said as she laughed, because she knows how crazy it is at the hospital, because she too works there.
“ That’s right I forgot that you work in the Maternity Ward, thank goodness my department really isn’t that busy.” Jennette said with a small laugh, and that’s because she works in the Physical Therapy Department.
“ How is that we found three wonderful people while working where we do, and of course doing what they do.” Lindsey said as I pulled away from the curb.
“ So how did you guys meet Kevin and AJ?” I asked as we headed down town.
“ Well I met Kevin when he was doing physical therapy for his knee that he had surgery on.” Jennette said as we pulled out of the apartment complex.
“ Oh yeah I forgot that he had surgery on one of his knees, so what about you Lindsey how did you meet AJ.” I said as turned onto the main road.
“ Well the first time I met him was at a meet and greet and I told him what I did and what hospital I worked at so when he too had to go through physical therapy for his knee, he remembered that I worked at the hospital and he came down to see me, and each time he came to the hospital he saw me, and then when he didn’t have to be at therapy he started showing up see me.” Lindsey said just as her phone began to ring.
“ I see, so have we figured out what movie we are going to see yet.” I said as I heard Lindsey say her sister’s name.
“ I was thinking about the new Pirate movie, man I love Johnny Depp.” Jennette said as her phone started ringing too.
“ That sounds great.” Both Lindsey and I said together.
We made small talk as we headed down the road to the huge movie theater and we did come together and thought it would be cool to see the next Pirate movie.
“ Hello?” I said as I drove around looking around for a parking space.
“ Hey Gill what are you doing?” Nick said as he tried to wash his dog.
“ Hey Nick, well I’m with Jennette and Lindsey and we are going to the movies. What are you doing you sound like you’re in a very echory room.” I said trying to figure out where he is at.
“ That sounds like fun, right now I’m in the bathroom and no I’m going to the bathroom, I’m trying to wash Layla she got muddy.” Nick said as he dumped some water over Layla’s head so he could get some soap off her head.
“ I wasn’t thinking that, oh poor baby girl how did she do that?” I said as Jennette hung up her phone.
“ I had just finished watering the grass and she just happen to find the one spot that was muddy.” He said as soaped up Layla’s right leg again.
“ I know that spot you are talking about, oh before I forget what do you want for dinner tonight?” I asked as I finally found a space and parked the car.
“ Um…I was thinking chicken, mash potatoes and cole slaw.” Nick said as he started on the back leg.
“ In other words you want KFC?” I said with a laugh because I was thinking the same thing for dinner.
“ Yeah that sounds great, all dark meat please and original too, oh and to drink I would like to have sweet tea.” He said as he reached over for the towel so that way Layla could get on it and he put another towel over her so she couldn’t get him and everything else wet when she shook.
“ Ok that sounds great to me, um… I was wondering if I should let the girls know.” I said as I saw both of them looking straight at me with questioning looks on their faces.
“ Yeah they can know, because in away I already told Kevin and AJ this afternoon at lunch sorry Gill.” Nick said as he began rubbing down Layla.
“ That’s ok, I know what stays in the Backstreet camp stays there.” I said before we hung up with each other.
“ Is there something that we should know Gill?” Lindsey asked as she opened the door.
“ You can say that, but what I’m going to tell you guys you have to promise that no one but us knows ok.” I said looking at both girls.
“ We promise.” Both of them said together.
“ Well Nick and I are dating, but we really want to keep it quiet, just like you guys with Kevin and AJ.” I said before getting out of the car.
“ You know we won’t say a word and welcome to our world Gill.” Jennette said as we headed to the building.
After the movie I took both girls back to Jennette’s apartment before going to KFC and getting mine and Nick’s dinner.
“ Well I better get going, I have to go in for a couple of hours for a meeting tomorrow morning.” I said as I started yawning.
“ Why don’t you stay the night, so that way you don’t have to drive in the rain.” Nick said as we sat there and listen to the thunder rumble over the house.
“ Are you sure Nick, because I have to get up really early and I really don’t want to wake you up.” I said as he pulled me on to his lap.
“ I don’t care about that, just waking up next to you is a blessing and I would feel better knowing that you are safe.” He said before he started kissing me.
“ Ok you win, I’ll stay and I feel the same way too, I love you Nick.” I said returning his kiss.
“ I love you too Gillian, well with that said lets go to bed.” Nick said moving me off his lap then putting his arm around me as we headed down to his bedroom.
Chapter 14 by Nessie
Chapter 14

“ Hey guys come on in and have a cup of coffee before we head out.” I said as I opened the door and saw Claudia and Christine standing on my front porch.
“ Hey Gill, thanks. How are you doing this morning.” Claudia said as she walking into the house.
“ I’m doing great, man you guys don’t know what this trip means to me.” I said as we headed into the kitchen.
“ I take it you have had some rough nights at the hospital.” Christine said as she went over to the cup tree and grabbed her and Claudia a cup.
“ Yeah it has been pretty rough we had four victims that were shot at.” I said as I remembered that one of the people had died two days ago.
“ I remember two of the people because they came on my shift, and as a matter of fact I was one of the RNs who worked on when they came in.” Christine said as she remembered the guy.
“ He wasn’t the one with a tattoo on him was it?” I asked as I watched Christine pour herself a cup of coffee.
“ No the two guys that was with me didn’t have any tattoos, and yes I do know that one of the guys that was brought in two nights ago had passed away from his injuries.” Christine said as she added sugar to her coffee.
“ That guy was on my shift and no I didn’t have him as a patient.” Claudia said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.
We stood there for another twenty minutes talking about a few things about work before finishing up our coffee.
We headed towards the front door and I grabbed my bag before heading out of the door and locking up for the weekend.
“ So how is Steven doing with his new job.” I asked Claudia as I put my bag in the trunk.
“ He really likes it, it’s less stressful then what he was doing before.” Claudia said as we got into her car.
“ That’s really great I know that you were somewhat worried about him, because of his health.” I said as I got into the front seat and buckled up.
“ Yeah it got some bad towards the end, he went to the doctor a couple of days ago, and the pressure was down some, but still a tad high but was told that if it was normal at the next appointment then he will reduce his medicine.” Claudia said buckled up and started up the car.
“ That is so great to hear that, so how was your date the other night Chris.” I said as I turned in the seat so I could face Christine.
“ It was pretty good, we had a great night and before you say any thing there was no sex, but I can say is he has soft lips.” Christine said as she started to blush some as she told us that she and her date did kiss.
“ Oh man you guys are acting like school girls, but you know that’s how I feel like this weekend, all I can say PARTY!” Claudia called out as we got onto the express way and headed to Miami.
Four hours later we pulled up to the hotel and checked into the hotel.
“ I’m going to put on bathing suit and hit the pool.” Christine said as we got onto the elevator.
“ That sounds great to me, what about you Claudia?” I asked as saw Claudia yawn.
“ I think I’m going to lay down for a couple of hours, that’s because I really didn’t sleep to well last night.” Was all she could say as she started yawning again.
We got to the floor and went to our rooms where Christine and I put on our bathing suits and Claudia heading straight to bed.
By the time the weekend ended we were well rested and even tanned when we headed for home and to our boyfriends and pets.
Chapter 15 by Nessie
Chapter 15

“ Evening Gill, the only thing that has changed today is that little boy in C-6, he slipped into a coma and his mom has requested to take him off the support system so the only thing we can do is wait.” Christine said as I came into the nurse’s station.
“ Damn… ok thanks for the heads up, I feel for the mother because she too is here in the hospital, and is unable to be with her son, are you working tonight?” I asked as I saw that she was still sitting in the chair and not getting up like she does when her shift is over.
“ Yeah I’m working with you tonight Claudia’s grandmother got sick so she has been staying with her, why don’t you go and sit with the little boy and I’ll let his mom know that you are here with him ok.” Christine said as she got up headed out of the room.
I just sat there and prayed really can’t understand why a helpless child has to fight for his life and thought about his family, and how his mother can’t be with him because she up in the burn unit all because her ex-husband screwed with the gas line on the stove, so not only did he injure his wife but he hurt his son. I heard the door open and one of the new nurses came into the room and nodded to me as she went over to her locker.
I dried my tears and stood up and headed out of the room and over to desk and pulled out my charts and started going over them before I started my rounds.
Three hours later after I went over to the little boy’s room and pulled up the chair that was next to his bed.
“ Hey Tommy it’s me Gillian, your nurse. I’m here to stay with you for a little bit, you mom said that she wishes she could be here, but like you your mom is here in the hospital, but she is two floors up, and is stuck in bed.” I said as I took a hold of his small hand and held it.
I felt him give me a very small squeeze as to let me know that he understood what I was telling him, and that he was glad to have someone with him.
Twenty minutes later I felt his little hand go slack in mine and then the heart monitor went flat and then there was the code blue call come across to the nurse’s station and the room filled up with other nurses and two doctors as they tried to revive him, but there really wasn’t anything that anyone could do because we all knew that he had passed.
The only thing I could do was say a prayer of thanks, because now he was out of the pain that he was suffering from. Now the only thing that was left to do was tell his mother, and call the police to let them know that the boy had passed away so that way they could charge his father for his death.
I left the room and headed to the nurse’s lounge and it was there that I just broke down, and just cried, this is a second child that has died with in the past four weeks, but for some reason this one really has gotten to me.
“ Gillian are you ok sweetie.” Martha came in as she had heard that I was with the boy and she knew how he got close to me.
“ No I’m not ok… I just wish there was something we could have done for him.” I said as I started to cry even harder.
“ I know what you mean… I too wondered the same thing… why don’t you go on home we have enough people here tonight.” She said as she sat down beside me and rubbed my back.
“ Ok I think I will… um… no wait… I would like to have a couple of days off, I really need to clear my head because of what just happen here tonight.” I said as I wiped my eyes dried.
“ You have two weeks still left on you vacation, why don’t you take them, and you know your place is still here when you get back.” She said as she gave me a motherly smile and nod.
“ Thanks Martha I think I will do that.” I said getting up and going to my locker and getting my bag.
“ If you need anything just call ok.” Martha said as we walked out of the room and she walked with me to the elevator.
I got on lift and hit the down button, as I headed down I pulled out my phone and called Nick and knowing that it was early morning in Europe I knew that he would be up.
“ Hey baby this is surprise?” Nick said as he answered his phone.
“ Yeah well something bad happen tonight so I’m on my home.” I said as the elevator stopped on the main floor and I got off the elevator and made my way out of the hospital.
“ Oh really what happen because you sound very up set.” Nick said as he looked over at AJ who sat across from him at the table.
“ You know that little boy that I told you about, well he died tonight and I was with him when he did, and I was holding his hand too.” I said as tears started to come again.
“ Oh man… I’m so sorry to hear about that … so what are you doing now?” He asked as he poured cream into his coffee.
“ Martha told me to take the rest of my vacation days which is two weeks so that’s what I’m doing.” I said getting to my car and getting into it.
“ I see, well I have an idea come and join me on tour, because I really want to help you and hold you in your time of need.” He said as took a sip of his coffee.
“ That does sound great, but let me sleep over it and I’ll let you know tomorrow ok and I really would love to have you help me out too. Well I better get going before my phone dies, I forgot to charge it up, and I will have to charge here in the car.” I said starting up the engine and grabbing the charger cord.
“ Ok I need to go too because they are about to start the morning meeting and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He said before hanging up.
I hung up my phone and put it on the charger before pulling out of the parking lot and headed home.
I got home and made my way to the bathroom where I turned on the water in the tub and let it fill up before climbing into it so I could relax before going to bed.
Chapter 16 by Nessie
Chapter 16

“ Flight 107 to London England is now boarding, we are now seating all first class seating.” The gate attendant said as she called what seating they were boarding first.
“ They are calling my flight now so I’ll see you in about nine hours, love you.” I said as I got up and gathered up my stuff.
“ Ok I can’t wait to see you Gill, now you try and get some sleep on the way here, and I love you too baby girl.” Nick said as he got ready to get up so he could go to breakfast and the meeting before going to the radio station for interview.
“ I will try, if that doesn’t happen I have some Nite-All to take that will make me sleep. Well you better get ready for your meeting and interview.” I said knowing what his schedule was like today.
“ Ok sleep tight.” He said as he hung up his phone.
I hung up my phone and put it in my pocket before grabbing my carry on and headed for the gate entrance.
“ Evening Ms. Daniels and hope that you have a great flight.” The attendant said as she took my ticket and scanned it.
“ Evening and thank you.” I said as I took the boarding pass from her and headed down gang plank to the plane.
“ Welcome aboard, and you will be sitting right here, and I hope that you have a great flight.” The flight attendant said as she led me to my seat.
“ Thank you, um… is there any way I can have some water so I can take some medicine.” I asked as I put my carry on away and then sat down in my seat.
“ Ok sure, be right back.” She said as she turned around and left and headed over to the kitchen area.
I had gotten settled in when she came back with a small cup of water.
“ Here you go, and when we get up in the air I will be passing out pillows and blankets so that way you can go to sleep.” The attendant said as she watched me take my pills and took the cup from me.
“ Ok thanks.” I said as I watched the lights from the flash lights as workers put the bags onto the plane.
Forty-five minutes later we where up in the air and of course the medicine started to take affect on me, so the flight attendant came over with the blanket and pillow and handed them to me and she even showed me that my seat even goes down and makes a bed.
“ Good morning ladies and gentlemen this is your captain and I want to say that we will be landing in England in about ten mintues. And we are in for a very lovely night, with clear skies. Hope you enjoy your stay.” The captain said as I started to way up and saw looked out the window and saw that the sun was starting to set.
I sat up and sat my seat up and then folded up my blanket and then put both it and the pillow down in the seat next to me.
Twenty minutes later I was walking off the plane and heading into the terminal.
“ Um… excuse me but which way to the baggage claim.” I asked one of the gate attendants.
“ Turn to you left here, and when you get to the stairs go up then go right and go through some doors and there is the luggage carrier.” The gate attendant said as she told me which way to go.
I thanked the lady and started on my way to the luggage claim, once I found it I waited around and that’s when I heard my name, I turned around and saw Marcus heading over to me.
“ There you are how are you doing this evening?” he asked as he came over to me and giving me a hug.
“ Hey, I’m just waiting for my bag, and I’m doing pretty good, and I can’t wait to get to the hotel.” I said as we went over to the caracal and waited for the luggage to come down the small ramp way.
“ I have a car waiting for us, we are heading straight for the arena because the guys were having a concert tonight.” Marcus said as he put the bag into the trunk and we got into the car and the driver took us to the arena.
“ That’s right I forgot that they are performing tonight.” I said as the driver pulled away from the curb and we were on our way to the arena.
“ Yes and you will be joining Jennette and Lindsey, they showed up yesterday morning so you three ladies can have fun together.” Marcus said as we sped down the highway.
Thrity minutes later we were pulling up to the back entrance of the arena where the buses where located.
I got there just in time to join the two girls at the sound check party that the guys where having for a select fans.
Four hours later Nick and I headed back to the hotel, where we climbed into bed and I cuddled up to him as we both fell sound asleep in each other’s arms.
Chapter 17 by Nessie
Chapter 17

I have only been here at work for and hour and I began thinking about what Nick and I talked about while I was with him on tour. And now I’m starting to realize that when that little boy died two weeks ago so did my passion for being a nurse is really gone. I just feel like I’m just really going through the motions and my heart isn’t in it anymore.
“ Martha can I talk to you please.” I said as I went to the door of the nurse’s lounge.
“ Sure Gillian, is there something wrong?” Martha asks as she saw me standing there at the door.
“ Yes and No, well while I was on vacation I really did some thinking, and with things that happen last week, it just hit me that I’m not really passionate about my work, so starting tomorrow I want to give you my two weeks notice.’ I said as I handed her the paper that I had in my hand.
“ I see, I was noticing that you really didn’t feel right about something, and I’m sorry that it has to be your nursing career, because you are one of the best nurses that I have seen in a very long time, and if you think it’s the best thing to do then I will miss you.” Martha said as she looked down at my letter.
“ Thank you and I will miss you too, but I think this is the best for me.” I said before heading back to my chair and looking over my charts before ordering my medications that I need for my patients.
“ Hey I’m so glad that tonight is so very slow.” One of the new nurses that started while I was away in Europe.
“ Yeah it usually starts out like this and then before midnight it gets really crazy, but let’s hope that it stays this way. I’m sorry I didn’t get your name.” I said as the young girl sat down beside me.
“ Oh I see, oh I’m sorry, I’m Maryanne and you must be Gillian.” The girl said as she held out her hand so I could shake it.
“ Yeah I’m Gillian, so when did you start working here?” I asked as closed on of my charts.
“ I started two weeks ago, or it will be on Tuesday they told me that you were on vacation.” Maryanne said as she put her charts down and began writing down the times she gave out the medications.
“ Yeah I went to see my boyfriend and spent some time with him.” I said just as a beep happen from one of the patients’ room.
“ Cool so what does you boyfriend do?” Maryanne said as I got up and went over to the intercom.
“ He is a singer and that’s all I’m going to say about him. Can I help you.” I said as I pushed the button to the intercom.
After talking to the patient I left the station and headed for the guy’s room, that’s because he was one of my patients.
“ Hey Mr. Holt how are we doing tonight.” I said coming up to the guy in the bed.
“ Hey …. I’m in pain so I want to know when I can have some medicine.” Mr. Holt said as he tried to sit up some.
“ I have your medicine on order all I’m doing now is waiting for them to up here and then I can give it to you when it comes ok.” I said helping him sit up and then fluffing up one of his pillows so that way I can put it behind his back.
“ Ok thanks, so when I can Ieave here?” he asked as he laid back against the pillows.
“ You have two more days here and then they will move up to a room upstairs.” I said checking his drip and making sure that there was still saline in the bag.
“ Oh man I really want to go home, I’m tired of being here.” Mr. Holt said as he let out his breath before closing his eyes.
“ I understand and I wish you could go home and be with your family but you need to get better before you can go home well let me go and see if your medicine is up here now.” I said as I headed for the door.
“ Ok.” Was all he said as I stepped out of the room and headed for the station and sure enough all my medications was there waiting for me so I can give them to my patients.
Six hours later I was walking out the door and to my car so I could head home from work after a very long night and I was lucky that I didn’t get any new patients but poor Maryanne wond up getting three patients so she had a very busy night while I get to sit back and had a very relaxing night.
I got home filled the tub up before heading off to bed and falling into a deep sleep.
Chapter 18 by Nessie
Chapter 18

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring in my ears, I rolled over shut the alarm off and just laid there for a few minutes and then smiled.
Today was my last day working as a nurse, and tomorrow I will be having a cook out with just the Backstreet Boys and their girlfriends before we head off on tour on Monday.
Four minutes later my alarm went off again this time when I rolled over to shut the alarm completely off.
Getting up I headed down to the kitchen poured myself a cup of coffee, and fixed myself a bowl of cereal to eat. Once I had my coffee and cereal I headed out to my back patio and sat down at the table and while I ate my breakfast I also watched the sun rise.
“ Hello?” I said as I answer my cell phone.
“ Morning baby, how are you doing?” Nick said as poured himself a cup of coffee.
“ Morning Nick, I’m doing great and what are you doing and how are you doing too.” I said as I looked out to see a pod of dolphins come up to the surface to get air.
“ I’m doing great too, and I’m hungry and I have a meeting to go to and we are going to have rehearsal too, so that means a very long day before the night’s over with.” Nick said as he looked into his cabinet and found a bowl and poured the cereal into that was sitting on the counter next to the last bit of milk.
“ Oh I see, and I really can’t wait to see you guys perform, so are we still on for dinner tonight.” I said as I ate some of the cereal.
“ Yeah dinner is still on, because we will be done before dinner time.” Nick said as he went over to the table and sat down.
“ Ok that sounds great do you want me to pick up anything else besides what we have already for dinner.” I said as finished up my cereal and I just sat there and watched the sun rise more into the sky and watched a few more dolphins just before I saw a Ray surface and fly above the water feeding on the surface of the water.
“ You don’t need to get anything because we have everything we need for tonight and even tomorrow. Well I better get going if I want to get on that meeting on time, see you tonight and I love you.” Nick said before we hung up.
“ Ok then I’ll see you later, and love you too.” I said before hanging up my phone.
I got up and went into the kitchen and then headed off to my room and started getting ready for work. It’s very strange working the dayshift now, I started working it just before I had left on my two week vacation, and the more I thought about it I really like it better than the night shift, can you say not very busy.
I got into my car and headed off to work and thank goodness there wasn’t any traffic at this time of the morning.
“ Good morning Gillian.” Martha said as I came into the lounge.
“ Morning Martha and how are you doing this early in the morning.” I said as I took off my street shoes and put on my hospital shoes.
“ I’m doing very good, you know you are going to be missed around here, are you sure that you wont change your mind about leaving us.” Martha said as she gave me a pout.
“ Thanks and no I wont change my mind sorry, I have plans and I’m going to be traveling around too so I can’t wait to do that too.” I said grabbing my coat out of the locker and made sure that I had my pens and a small note pad before heading out the door.
“ Wow that sounds like you are going to have some fun, well it’s time we get to work.” Martha said as she finished putting her shoes and we headed out of the room.
I went over to the nurse who took my place on the night shift and we started going over what was going on with the patients and I saw that it was almost time for the medications for the patients.
I said bye to the night nurse and then called the pharmacy to order my meds for the patients that I needed for this morning.
“ Morning Christine how are you doing this morning.” I asked as Christine came over to the chair that was empty next to me.
“ Morning Gillian, man today is your last day, I’m going to miss you.” Christine said as she came over to me and gave me a hug.
“ I’m going to miss you too, morning Rachel.” I said as Rachel came off the elevator and headed over to our way.
“ Oh morning Gillian.” She said in total surprise as she saw me sitting there.
“ Let me guess you got me a cake?” I asked as I saw that she was carrying a cake.
“ Yeah I got you a cake.” She said as she sat it down on the counter in front of me and I saw the cake.
“ Thank you guys and I’m going to miss you too.” I said as tears began to show up in my eyes.
“ You are going to be missed around here.” Rachel said as she picked up the cake and headed for the nurse’s lounge.
Well I got all my meds that I need then I headed off to my patients’ room and they even said bye to me and told that they will miss me.
It was at lunch time when Martha called me to the lounge and there I got a very huge surprise, because all the nurses and a couple of doctors was there and some of them where from different departments. And they are: Karen from pediatrics, Sabrina from the ER and her boyfriend David who is a surgical tech. Then there was Claudia who is working the night shift here in the ICU, Kasy, who I met when Nick was in a coma, she works with long term coma care, and then Jennette, who works in Physical Therapy and she will be at my cookout tomorrow with her boyfriend Kevin Richardson. Then there is Pam who worked on the regular floor that Nick was on when he left the ICU, she was his nurse. Then we had another nurse from Maternity ward, Leia she also lives in my neighborhood.
Then another night nurse Rachel, who works here in the ICU. And then another Backstreet Girl, Lindsey, who works in the Pediatrics and Maternity ward and she is dating AJ.
They all came up here to have going away party for me and all them was saying that they were going to miss because we have become friends.
Four hours later I was able to go home and get ready for dinner with Nick who showed up just as I finished pulling the roasted chicken out of the oven.
We sat down and had a very quiet dinner just the two of us, then we cuddled up on the bed and watched a movie before falling asleep in each other arms.
The next day Kevin, Jennette, AJ, Lindsey, Howie, Leigh, Brian and Leighanne all showed up for a cook out and then I learned form Jennette and Lindsey that they too are quitting their jobs so that way they can spend more time with their boyfriends.
After everyone left after the cookout Nick and I found a movie and put into the DVD player and started the movie, but only to fall asleep in the middle of the movie in each other arms.
Chapter 19 by Nessie
Chapter 19

“ So what are you doing tonight for dinner?” my mom asked as we walked through the produce section of the store.
“ Well Nick is taking me out for dinner tonight but after that I don’t have a clue.” I said as I picked up a bag of oranges and put them in my cart.
“ Oh I see, well I hope that you guys have a wonderful dinner then, I want both of you guys over at the house this weekend for dinner and I will not take no for answer so please be at the house before five.” Mom said as she grabbed some apples and few limes.
“ Ok we will be there and I will have to tell Nick that you will not take no for an answer, can you grab me some seedless grapes please.” I said as I saw the grapes but couldn’t get to them because my mom standing in front of them.
“ Ok, I see that you are eating healthier now, so that means leaving the hospital has made you slow down some and get a chance to eat and enjoy your food.” Mom said with a laugh.
“ Yeah in away you can say that, and Nick has been helping me too. Ok I need some lemons and then head over to the spice area and pick up some herbs.” I said as I look down at my list of things that I need for dinner tomorrow night.
“ That’s great to know that he is helping you out there, so what are you cooking for dinner tomorrow night.” Mom asked as I picked up six lemons and then we headed for spice area.
“ I’m doing a roasted herb chicken and even potatoes with mixed veggies for dinner.” I said as we reached the isle and started walking down to where the herbs were.
“ Oh man that sounds so good, I’m thinking about making a pot roast.” Mom said as she too started looking for some spices that she need.
“ Oh um… you think you could save me some and I can pick it up Tuesday for dinner, because Nick will be in the studio with the guys and they are going to be working late in finishing up the album by this weekend.
“ Sure if you like I can save some for Nick too so that way you can send him some too.” Mom said as she finished gathering up the spices that she need and I too finished picking my spices.
Thirty minutes later we were walking into my mom’s house and there I got a huge surprise in seeing Nick sitting there watching TV with my father.
“ Hey Nick, um… I didn’t see your car how did you get here?” I asked when I realized that I didn’t see his car in the drive way.
“ Hey oh I asked Brain to take me here, that’s because the house was on his way.” Nick said as he looked up from the conversation that he was having with my father.
“ Oh I see, well let me help mom with the groceries and then we can leave so that way we can get ready for tonight.” I said as I lifted up one of the bags that I was holding.
“ Ok that sounds good to me I would like to lay down for a couple of hours before we have to get ready for dinner tonight.” Nick said as he nodded to me and picked up the glass of tea that was sitting beside him and he took a sip of it.
“ Yeah that sound like a great idea I too think I’ll lay down for a couple hours also.” I said before following my mom into the kitchen.
I set the bags that I was holding on to the counter and started taking the stuff out of the bags and putting them down on the counter.
“ So I wonder what Nick and your dad was taking about right before we came into the house, you saw how they stopped talking when we came in.” mom said as she put the milk into the fridge.
“ Yeah so I wonder what those two are plotting.” I said with a laugh before I started handing mom her groceries.
After helping putting the groceries up I went into the living room where I got Nick and we left my parents’ house and I took him to his house before heading home myself.
Four hours later Nick and I were sitting at the table waiting for our food to come to us and that’s when I realize Nick was acting a little strange.
“ Nick are you ok?” I asked as I watched him fiddle around with something that was in his pants pocket.
“ Yeah I’m fine why do you ask.” He said looking straight at me.
“ Well for starters your fiddling around with something that is in your pocket.” I said looking at him and saw that he was nervous about something.
“ Well yeah there is something that I want to ask you something.” He said getting up and then coming over to me and went down on one knee.
“ Um… Nick what are you…” was all I could say when I realized what was going on.
“ I know we have known each other for a short time, but it seems like we have known each other for ever, well I was wondering if you would spend the rest of your life with me as my wife, Gillian will you marry me?” Nick asked as he pulled out the most beautiful diamond and ruby ring.
I just sat there for a few minutes in total shock and then tears started coming to my eyes when I realized what he just asked me.
“ Yes Nick I will marry you I love you so very much.” I said throwing myself at him and he held me in his arms as he started kissing me, before sliding the ring onto my finger.
“ I love you too Gill, and you make me the most happiest person on the world.” Nick said as he stood up and hugged and kissed me one more time before heading back to his seat.
“ Let me guess this is what you and my dad was talking about when mom and I came into the house.” I said as I remembered that both him and my dad were deep conversation.
“ Yeah you can say that I asked your father if was ok if I asked you to marry me, I was getting his blessing.” Nick said with a huge smile on his face before taking my hand and held it.
“ I see let me guess he said yes.” I said as I looked down at our hands that were joined together.
“ Yeah he said yes.” Was all he said before the waiter came back to our table with our dinner.
After dinner Nick and I headed over to his house where we made love to each other half the night before cuddling up in each other’s arms and falling sound asleep.
Chapter 20 by Nessie
Chapter 20

I woke up to the crashing of the waves and the smell of the ocean breeze coming through the open window.
“ Morning sweetie I brought you a drink, so are you ready of your big day?” mom asked as she came into the bed with a glass of orange juice but I knew that there was something else in the glass with it.
“ Man I really can’t believe that the day has finally come and I can’t wait to become Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.” I said sitting up and taking the glass from my mom.
“ That’s so great and I can’t my baby is getting married today.” Mom said as tears came to her eyes.
“ Please mom don’t start crying because I’m going to start crying too.” I said as I felt tears coming to my eyes.
“ I’m sorry but I can’t help it, the last of my children are finally grown up and about to start a life of her own that’s all.” Mom said as she wiped a tear from her eye.
“ I know and you know that I will always be your baby.” I said as I felt a tear roll down my cheeks.
Well two hours later with Jennette, Claudia, Christine, Rachel, Lindsey and the groomsmen walked down the isle before me.
When I walked out the door and saw Nick standing at the end of the isle next to the minister tears started welling in my eyes and when he turned and saw me he too teared up.
“ We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony, and if there is anyone here that ejects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace.” The minister started the ceremony.
“ Ok the bride and groom have written their own vows, so I will start with Gillian here, please go ahead with your vow.” The minister said as he nodded towards me.
“ Nick from the moment I saw you I knew that you were going to be the only one for me, and as I sat there next to your bed I prayed for you wake up and see me, an that you would look at me like you looked at the models that you used to date, but that all changed when the day you asked me to be your girl, and that’s when I knew that you loved me for me and because of that I love you with all my heart and soul.” I said as I looked into his eyes and saw the love that he had for me in his eyes.
“ Oh now it’s Nick’s turn to say is vows.” The minister said as he smiled at me and then nodding over to Nick so that he could say what he as to say.
“ While I was in my coma the only thing I kept thinking to myself that when I wake up I hope to find the Angel that kept me grounded here on earth, and I wanted to met the person that I fell in love without even knowing who you were, or what you looked like. But when I came too, my first thought was to find the person who stayed with me when I really needed someone to be with me. And when I came to I couldn’t believe the beautiful person sitting with me, and that’s when I realized that I had to get to know you better. And each day from that day on, I knew that I have fallen deeply in love with you Gillian, and my love for you grows more and more each day, I love you with my heart and soul and I will love you until the day I die.” Nick said as tears started coming to both our eyes.
“ And with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss your bride.” The minister said as he nodded over to Nick.
After a very long and passionate kiss, the minister looked at both of us and nodded. So Nick and turned around to face our families and friends and we smiling at everyone who was there.
“ It is my pleasure to introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.” The minister said just before Nick and I left the alter and headed down the isle.
Five hours later Nick and I were on a plane and heading for a place unknown to have our honeymoon, as I looked out the window of the plane I couldn’t believe that I was about to start my new as Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.

The End
2-4-2012
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11216