Second Chances by Kyrie
Summary: It’s been two years since Nick and Emma last saw each other. When they come face to face at Howie and Addie’s wedding, will their feelings reignite or will they just go down in flames?

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Domestic Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 44817 Read: 78054 Published: 02/16/14 Updated: 05/29/14
A Decision by Kyrie
“So, have you made a decision yet?”

“Oh my God Addie! Did Nick put you up to bugging me?”

The two friends had gone out to lunch hoping to catch up and enjoy some girl time. Addie started in on her right away and was like a dog with a bone.

“No, I’m asking because I want to know.”

“To answer your question, no I have not made up my mind yet.”

“Jesus Christ Em, when the hell are you gonna make it up? Nick’s going to start looking into other options if you don’t smarten up and tell him yes.”

“It sounds like you’ve already made it up for me.”

“I have. Go tell him yes and get it over with already. And don’t start with the “I want to make sure I make a good decision” thing again. You know it’s the right choice.”

Emma laughed. “You know me so well.”

“I really do.”

“So you think I should say yes?”

“Does he make you happy?”

“Yes.”

“Do you still have feelings for him?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then nothing should be stopping you.”

“Ok, ok. I get it.”

“Good. Nice to see you making sense for a change!”

------------------

Emma spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out what to do. She knew Addie was right; she should just accept how she felt and move in with Nick. Something still kept nagging at her so she decided to call AJ. When she needed some sense knocked into her, he was first in line to whack her in the head.

“Hey Feisty, long time no talk.”

“Hey AJ. I’m sorry for not calling sooner.”

“No biggie. I know you and Blondie are getting back on track and I guess I can let it slide this time.”

Emma laughed. “Why thank you for forgiving me.”

“You’re welcome.” AJ replied with a chuckle. “What’s up?”

“I was calling for some advice.”

“Oh really? Let me see if I can guess what it’s about. Could it be about you moving back in with Nick?”

“How’d you know?”

“Nick already called and asked for advice on how to talk you in to saying yes.”

“Everyone is conspiring against me!”

“No we’re not. We’re just trying to get you to see how much it means to him that you move back in. He’s been trying to fix everything that’s gone wrong and he’s scared that he might lose you.”

“Why?”

“Because of what happened before, with Lauren. It’s almost like if he has you back in the house with him, there’s less of a chance that you’ll walk away; you’ll be more invested.”

Emma let AJ’s words sink in for a minute. She’s never thought of it as anything more than moving back in. Nick had never mentioned those concerns to her and she felt badly for not seeing the signs herself.

“You still there?” AJ asked.

“Yeah I’m here.” Emma paused. “I think I made a decision.”

“I hope it’s the right one.”

“Me too.”

Emma thanked AJ and hung up. She was going to have to throw her heart into the ring and hope that it didn’t get harmed in the process. After a few minutes of thinking, she called Nick and told him that she would be coming over tomorrow afternoon to talk to him. He asked if everything was ok and she reassured him that it was fine and he’d like what she had to say.

She finished her phone call and then lay down on the bed, wishing that this was going to happen with no problems.
End Notes:
Sorry for the short chapter, I will be updated more soon!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11231