In The Air Tonight by bjnkha9192
Past Featured StorySummary:
 photo In The Air Tonight_zpssznabge8.jpg


An eleven year feud comes to a head and leaves several people in jeopardy, who will get out of this alive? The guys face every parent's worst fear as they sit helplessly and watch the madness unfold before their very eyes as their teenage sons are trapped inside their school during a shooting and find themselves the target of a vengeful classmate
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: The Winchester Saga, Jr. BSB Series
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 35315 Read: 35664 Published: 09/12/15 Updated: 07/30/17
Chapter 5: Damien's Got a Gun by bjnkha9192
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord


The clock mounted on to the wall in the school hallway ticked by slowly Adam tapped his pen repeatedly on his history book as one of his classmates recited a report, his eyes too drifted upwards towards the classroom wall where the clock hung. He groaned and rested his head on the desk.

"Now who can tell me what the Raven represents?" Mrs. Larsen asked the class where Bradley and Natalie sat right in front. "Nobody? Come on guys we've been on this for a week now" she said turning her back to the class and facing the board.

Bradley held up a notebook towards Natalie where he drew a doodle of their teacher, Natalie smiled and tried not to laugh out loud at it, he smiled along with her. Mrs. Larsen turned around to the front and glared at them.

"Mr. Littrell, Miss Cappel, I'm glad you find Edgar Allan Poe so amusing" she said annoyed.

"Sorry" Bradley said to her still giggling.

"Sorry Mrs. Larsen" Natalie said to her, trying to hide her laughter.

"Well as long as I have your attention, you can answer this...Mr. Littrell what do you think the raven represents in this story?" she asked Bradley, he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't think it represents anything...maybe the dude just liked birds" Bradley said, the whole class snickered.

"Uh huh..." she said "Thank you for that... but in the mean time, I suggest you write this all down, you never know it could be on the next test" she said before once again facing the chalk board.

They smiled at each other as her back faced them once again he looked up at the clock as well. Neilson sat in another classroom, his eyes also rolling upwards towards the clock as he tapped his pen on his notebook.

The bell rang and the halls began to flood with people as they traveled to their next class, Bradley and Natalie laughed as they left the room.

"Maybe the dude just liked birds?" Natalie asked him

"The guy's last name was Poe...he married his cousin anything's possible" Bradley said to her.

"Hey I'll meet you guys in the library, I got to meet my girlfriends in the bathroom first" she said to him.

"Great lets go" he said as she pulled him back.

"Not you!" she said laughing.

"Hey, you feeling alright now?" he asked her

"Yeah I'll be okay, thanks" Bradley smiled as they hugged.

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin,
I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies


Kyle sat in his next class, his head in his hands, staring forlornely at the floor "You'll pay for this Richardson, you'll see" Damien's words echoing in his head as Adam rushed into the room

"Good I'm not late" he said sitting in the desk next to Kyle's.

"Hey" Kyle murmured sadly.

"What's with you?" Adam asked opening his book.

"Nothing" Kyle sighed "I think I'm getting a migraine" he said rubbing his temples.

"I heard Damien was suspended" Adam said to him.

"Not only that, coach kicked him off the team" Kyle said sadly.

"Huh...good" Adam said.

"Adam, come on" Kyle said.

"Dude, he humiliated Nat in front of the whole school, not that she's one of my favorite people but that's harsh even for Damien and then he threatens you" Adam said to him.

"This is all my fault" Kyle said sadly.

"Oh it is not...would you stop being such a martyr?" Adam said to him "if Damien wants to send himself into a downward spiral that's his problem not yours "look you just achieved something people in this school would kill for, you should be proud of yourself".

"That was a really bad choice of words" Kyle said to him.

Bradley walked down the hallway, coming to a stop at Neilson’s locker where he stood.

“Hey” he said.

“Oh hey” Neilson said to him.

"Where's Nat?" Neilson asked as they walked towards the library.

"Oh she was meeting her friends in the bathroom said she'll meet us in the library when she's done" Bradley said to him.

"Was she okay in your last class?" Neilson asked.

"Yeah she'll be alright" Bradley said to him.

“I swear to god, the next time I see Damien’s face I’m going to put my fist in it” Neilson said angrily as he looked in his locker.

“Ooh okay, calm down there Hulk” Bradley said to him “What are you doing?” Bradley asked.

“I think I lost my phone, I can’t find it anywhere” Neilson said, Bradley reached into the back pockets of Neilson’s jeans.

“Hey!” Neilson said.

“Nope not there” Bradley said smacking his butt.

“You really need to quit touching my ass” Neilson said laughing.

“I’m sorry…it’s just…really squishy, I like it” Bradley said as Neilson laughed.

“You are so messed up” he said.

“It’s probably in your backpack” Bradley said.

“No, I already looked, here hold this" Neilson said handing him a stack of books "And this" he said handing him another small stack of books "And that" he said adding his sketchbook to the pile.

"You got Jimmy Hoffa in there too?" Bradley asked him.

Damien sat parked in his car in the school parking lot, his eyes burning with rage reflected in the rear view mirror, he reached into the glove compartment before getting out and slamming the door.

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well, I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord


"Come on like you said Damien's not going to do anything he was blowing off steam" Adam said to him.

"Yeah I guess" Kyle said sitting up Kyle looked at him and leaned in closer, Adam looked at him curiously.

"What are you doing?" Adam asked.

"You were smoking again" Kyle said to him

"...Hey!...I didn't say you could smell me!" Adam said to him Kyle gave him a disapproving look "Stop looking at me like that! You're not my dad!" Adam said to him.

Harry began pouring chemicals into a small canister and then check his watch and the clock on the wall.

Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget,
It's the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up,
No you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show
But the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me


The doors at the end of the hall opened and Damien appeared, he began to stroll towards them.

"Oh what the hell is this" Bradley said.

"What?" Neilson asked, still looking in his locker.

"Psycho boy is back" Bradley whispered to him, Neilson turned to look.

"I thought they suspended his ass?" he asked.

"They did".

“I should really go over there and knock his ass out” Neilson said.

“Yeah later, come on, my arms are going numb here” Bradley said to him.

A wicked smile began to cross Damien’s face as he made his way closer, Bradley was about to turn back to Neilson when he saw the gun firmly clamped in Damien's hand, the metal reflecting in the hallway lights.

"God where is it?" Neilson asked himself as he continued to stack books onto the pile in Bradley’s arms.

"You know what? It doesn't matter we'll come back for it later come on" Bradley said slamming the door shut locker door shut, the stack of books still juggled in his arm, he then grabbed ahold of Neilson's wrist and tried to pull him along.

"I got to find my phone!" Neilson said to him.

“Think about it, do you really need it?” Bradley asked “It’s study hall, I’m going to be there, Nat’s going to be there…you’ll be fine" Bradley said insistently.

"What's with you?" Neilson asked, noticing Bradley's nervousness.

"He has a gun" Bradley said quietly, darting his eyes towards Damien. Neilson looked at Damien coming towards them, his sinister smile growing wider as he got closer to them "Just stay cool, and back away slowly alright?" Bradley asked.

"Yeah..." Neilson said to him.

"It'll take me two seconds I promise" Neilson said to him as he turned back to his locker.

"Forget about your phone! Okay it's not important" Bradley said to him.

"No, come on its right here..." Neilson argued.

"Neilson..." Bradley said nervously, turning his head back and forth between Neilson and Damien still stalking towards them. He could feel the fear creeping up into his veins when Bradley saw him raise the gun into the air "No!" Bradley yelled as he covered Neilson, pitching all the books and papers in his arms into the air, he and Neilson fell to the floor as the shot fired.


And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
Well, I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord.
End Notes:
In The Air Tonight- Phil Collins
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11387