Best and Worst Mistake by Stephie
Summary: One single encounter with her teenage idol and her world was turned upside down.

Katrina Knew that she had to tell Nick but was worried that her opinion of him could be shattered by his reaction Will she be able to find happiness despite it all!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7086 Read: 5010 Published: 09/24/18 Updated: 10/01/18

1. Chapter 1 - That One Time at a Backstreet Boy concert by Stephie

2. Chapter 2 - Exactly Who I thought You Were by Stephie

3. Chapter 3 - Possibilities by Stephie

4. Chapter 4 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Stephie

5. Chapter 5 - Get Another Boyfriend by Stephie

Chapter 1 - That One Time at a Backstreet Boy concert by Stephie
Author's Notes:
Please let me know what you think...
It all started as a one night stand and the best night of my life. I’m in my thirties and not married so I was taking life by the horns and trying to find the one person in this world I was meant to be with. I wasn’t the kind of girl who did one night stands in fact this was the first time I had done anything remotely like it. The man I slept with was not just some random dude but I’m pretty sure I'm not the first random woman he had been with. In my teens I had idolized this man and the band he was in! They are still making music and touring to promote a new album. When I heard tickets were available for a show nearby, I bought a ticket and a VIP as well. That’s where this all started! He invited me to the after party while giving a backstage tour and I decided to go. It was like an hour into it I wasn’t really feeling it and was getting ready to leave when he approached me. I guess you could say he made me an offer that the nostalgic teenager in me couldn’t refuse and I ended up in his bed. We didn’t exchange numbers and I left his room in the early morning hours. Fast forward 4 months later and I am fucking cursing my teenage nostalgia. I’m sitting in my doctor’s office waiting for an ultrasound! Yep, that’s right I’m fucking pregnant! I have no way to reach him not that he’d care but I think he should know anyway. I started the process of trying to get in contact with him when I found out I was pregnant but I haven’t had much luck. I never got very far because every time they’d just laugh in my face and blow me off. Once the ultrasound was finished I learned I was having boy…I have no doubt I’ll be living with a carbon copy of this man for the rest of my life! The genes were strong with him. His brother could have been his clone except for the eye color. Every time I get into an elevator memories of that night flood my senses. We were on the way up to his room but hadn't even made any physical contact at that point. We talked for hours after the party was over and we continued to talk after we got to his room. He is not to blame for us ending up in bed, that would be all me. I kissed him first. An alert on my phone went off as I stepped out of the elevator. I tapped the alert on my screen to find that he was doing a solo tour and would be at The House of Blues in 2 weeks. I was driving towards my studio apartment contemplating on whether or not I should buy a ticket. I decided to call one of my closest girlfriends and told her I was stopping by. I parked outside her house and walked to the door.

“You are absolutely glowing Katrina!”

“Thanks Jen! How are you?”

“I’m doing pretty well! So did you find out what you’re having?”

“A boy!”

“Congratulations! Have you had any luck contacting the baby daddy?”

“That’s why I’m here….he’s coming to town in 2 weeks and I think I’m going to need some moral support?”

“Are you finally going to tell me who he is? Obviously he’s not from around here.” She asked and I nodded my head

“You are probably going to think I’m nuts! That’s why I haven’t told you. He's performing at the House of Blues…”

“He’s a musician?” She asked surprised

“Yep! He's part of the band we saw at the concert we went to four months ago.” I said and she laughed!

“Oh my God Kat! Are you for real right now? Are you saying like in the band or do you mean a Backstreet Boy?”

"Backstreet Boy..."

"Please tell me it was a least the one that isn't married." She laughed again because she probably thinks I am making this up.

"Really Jen, I have some morals."

"So are you trying to tell me that Nick Carter is your baby daddy?"

“This is why I haven’t told anyone, I knew that nobody would believe me!” I said breaking down into tears.

“I believe you. I mean you did disappear on me that night. If I had known that you were off fucking Nick Carter I wouldn’t have gotten so mad.”

“Trust me, if I had known what the outcome was going to be, I wouldn’t have done it. No I take that back, I wouldn’t change anything because I love this little guy I was devastated when I found out about him but now I can’t imagine not being pregnant with him.”

“Are you going to tell Nick?”

“I want to try to because he deserves to know but he probably won’t believe me either.”

“Well you’ll just have to prove it once the baby is born.”

“Nah, I don’t want anything from him. If he doesn’t believe me then it’s his loss.”

“That a girl!”

“Will you come with me?”

“Of course! Just tell me when and where!” She said as we stood.

“Thank you! I’m going to go home and take a nap. Growing a human is exhausting!” I smiled as I headed for my car. This is going to be an excruciatingly long two weeks! I went to work during the week but the weekends were always the longest and the loneliest. Thankfully it was finally Friday and the day of the show. I took the day off of work and we got to the HOB fairly early. I was hungry of course so we sat down in the restaurant and ordered food. I was sipping on my water when he walked in. I started to choke which made Jen look up.

“Are you okay?” She asked “you look like you saw a ghost!” She turned to see what I was staring at.

“Jen don’t!” But it was too late.

“Nick!” She yelled! He looked over at us and smiled! I’m screaming profanities at Jen in my head right now. I can’t believe she just called him over here!
Chapter 2 - Exactly Who I thought You Were by Stephie
He made his way over to our table and then it was his to turn to look like he’d seen a ghost. It took him a minute to speak. I don’t know if he was trying to remember my name or if he was just shocked to see me.

“Katrina?” He asked.

“Hi…” I said shyly

“It’s good to see you again. How are you?”

“I can’t complain, how are you?”

“I’m good…” He trailed off sitting down next me.

“Can we go somewhere more private and talk. We have something we need to discuss.”

“I have sound check in a half an hour but we could talk in my dressing room.” He suggested

“Okay…is it okay if Jen comes with?” I asked nodding in her direction.

“Sure.” He said and got out of his chair. Jen got up and sort of distracted him as I stood up. I put my bag over my shoulder and held in front of me. We followed Nick backstage and into a small room. Jen and I sat on a couch and he sat in a chair across from us.

“Can I ask you a question?” He spoke first. I nodded and he continued. “Did I do or say something that made you think that I didn’t want you there when I woke up?”

“Not at all! It was an amazing night! I just didn’t want the memory of that night tainted by a walk of shame.”

“You must think really highly of me?” He said kind of snarky

“It wasn’t that I thought you’d be mean or hurtful in anyway but I was afraid of what the soberness of daylight would do to the night we shared. That being said I shouldn’t have just left without leaving a note or something. I’m sorry I was such an asshole.”

“I thought that we had a great night...Did I do something to piss you off?”

“Quite the opposite…I had such an amazing time I wanted to keep it that way. Listen I have to tell you something and you are probably not going to be happy about it.” I said shifting my bag slightly.

“Okay…” He said probably trying to figure what STD I had.

“I’m pregnant…” The words hung in the air for a long time before I finally broke the silence. “Listen I don’t want anything from you that’s not what this is about. I just wanted you to know about him so you could make your own decision on how much you want to be involved.” I said trying to gauge his reaction.

“How far along are you?” He asked

“5 months…”

“Are you sure it’s mine?”

“I guess it’s my fault that you would need to ask that question because I must be a slut to have a one night stand and leave before morning!” I said standing up. As he got the full view of the baby bump he sighed. I nodded at Jen and we headed towards the door. I turned to him and spoke again. “Thank you for being exactly who I thought you were. Don’t worry about your son. I’ll make sure he’s loved enough for the both of us.” I said and walked out the door shutting it behind us. I started to let the tears fall as soon as we got into the hall. Jen helped me get to the bathroom.

“I knew he wasn’t going to take it well but I didn’t think it would hurt me as much as it does.” I said drying the tears on my face.

“It’s hurts because you love your son and you know as he grows he’s going to feel the same way you did growing up. That something must have been wrong with you if your own Father didn’t love you enough to be in your life. I’m so sorry Kat…You know I’m here to help you in any way that I can.” She said and I nodded. There was a knock at the door. Jen and I both looked at each other confused.

“Katrina?” We heard from the other side. Jen opened the door slightly to talk to him.

“Is she in here?” I heard him ask.

“She is but I think it’s probably best if you just leave her be. I’ll take care of them.” She said shutting the door again.

“Can we get out of here? I’m not really in the mood to watch him perform.”

“Of course!” She said helping me up. I cleaned up my face and left the bathroom. To my surprise he was sitting on the floor just outside the door waiting for us. He looked at me and began to say something

“Nick just don’t! I can’t do this right now. I can’t be sorry to have met you or regret what we did because then that would mean I regret my son and I could never regret him. I hope that someday you won’t regret him either.” I said and walked past him. He grabbed my hand and pulled himself to his feet. His eyes had softened and he didn’t seem so upset.

“If you say that he’s my son than I believe you. I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were a slut or anything like that.”

“It’s fine, here’s my card if you’re interested in being involved with the rest of the pregnancy or his birth this has my cell number and email on it.” I said handing him my card. Once the card left my fingertips I walked away. We left the venue and Jen drove me home. I hope that I never hear from him again. My son will be perfect and happy with or without a father. About a week later I got a call at work about some blood work that the doctor had wanted me to get done. I needed to head to the lab to have it drawn. After work I drove to the OBGYN’s office where the lab was and made my way upstairs. I had been avoiding elevators as much as possible lately. I let them know that I am there and I sat in the waiting area. This very tall and very handsome man walks out and calls my name. I stand up and walk over to follow him in to the room.

“Katrina?” I nodded. “Very good…please have a seat. I’m Zach and I’ll be drawing some blood today.”

“Hi.” I said trying not to stare at him. His eyes were the most amazing shade of green and almost crystal clear.

“So today all we need is just the two tubes and then we can get you out of here.” He smiled then turned to me. We made eye contact and I think I blushed slightly. Zach is beyond gorgeous and I have amped up hormones. I can’t help it! He had me sit in the chair with my arm out. He came in really close almost touching me and he smelled so good. I learned that your senses tend to be heighten during pregnancy, definitely the case here…I heard every slow breath he took, felt a tingle with every touch and could smell his cologne like he had just put it on. Good God this child is going to get me in trouble. When he was done drawing blood, he leaned over my arm to grab the gauze and a band aid. It made the hairs on my arm stand on end. I could feel my heart beat quicken. I must have looked pale or something because when he finished with the bandage he looked at me with concern filling those gorgeous green eyes.

“Are you okay? You look pale...let me get you some OJ.” He said helping to the bed to lie back. Once he knew I was steady he went and got me some OJ.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened.”

“It’s perfectly okay. It happens sometimes when you get blood drawn, especially when your heart rate is elevated.”

“Needles make me nervous...” I said sipping my OJ and hoping he believed that bullshit.

“Yeah, needles make me nervous too.” He laughed. What? Is he calling me on my bullshit?

“I don’t think needles should make you nervous. I mean it could be problem with your line of work” I smiled and he checked my pulse which had calm down some but as soon as he touched me is started race again.

“I am sure that this is totally against the rules but would you want to go out to dinner with me?” He asked with smile that could make your knees weak.
Chapter 3 - Possibilities by Stephie
Author's Notes:
Please leave reviews, it helps to know what you guys do and don’t like and it motivates me!
Wait! What? Did I hear him correctly or are my hormones playing tricks on me. Did he just ask me out on a date? I’m not sure how to respond…I mean I’m almost 6 months pregnant and my phlebotomist just asked me out on a date. Oh he’s staring at me and waiting for a response but I don’t know how to respond. I should say something but I have no words right now.

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have asked. You are probably married or with someone and I just made this really awkward.” He said looking embarrassed.

“It’s totally okay. I am not married or seeing anyone, I’m just not sure why you would want to go out with me. I’m noticeably pregnant and most likely will have baby daddy drama at some point. Are you sure you want to tempt it?”

“I’m willing to give it a shot!” He laughed.

“Really? Why?” I asked pretty sure I was working on talking him out of wanting to go to dinner.

“Don’t worry...I don’t have a pregnancy fetish or anything like that. There’s just something about you and it makes me want to get to know you! It's hard to explain." He said putting his hand in mine to help me sit up.

“Okay, dinner sounds good.” I said with a smile.

“Great!” He said pulling his phone out and unlocking it before handing it to me. “Here just put your number in my contacts and I’ll give you call soon.” I put my number in his phone and saved it under my name.

“There ya go.” I said handing him his phone back

“Perfect! Thank you. So I’ll get these where they need to go and you’ll get a call sometime tomorrow with the results. You are free to go! I'm looking forward to seeing you again” He laughed.

“I am too!” I said leaving the room. I got on the elevator without even thinking about it and pulled out my phone. I had to tell Jen what just happened.

K: Um…

J: What?

K: I just got asked out to dinner

J: WHAT?!?!!?
J: Who?

K: My Phlebotomist
K: Zach
K: tall dark and handsome
K: Killer green eyes
K: A smile that makes my knees weak

J: Does he have a fetish?

K: He says no
K: My hormones loved him
K: I agreed to go to dinner

J: Good for you
J: You deserve to be happy

K: Thank you
K: Just hope my hormones can control themselves
K: He smelled delicious!

J: Take it easy
J: wait until at least the second date!

K: JEN!
K: I’m never having sex again!

J: Uh huh sure
J: what’s the harm now?
J: Can’t get pregnant

K: JEN!

J: you need to lighten up
J: live a little

K: Yeah cause that worked out so well the last time.

J: Nick’s a jerk forget about him

K: Kind of hard to do with his mini me
kicking me in the guts!

J: Oh well you got me there

K: I gotta go
K: Getting in my car to go home
K: talk to you later

J: call me later
J: especially if lab boy calls
J: Bye

I put my phone in my purse and got in my car. I stopped at the store and got some food that I was craving. I got home around 5:30 and put my groceries away. I dug my phone out of my purse and kicked my shoes off. After changing and sitting on the couch I finally looked at my phone. I apparently was very popular this evening. I had a couple texts, one miss call and a voicemail. I checked my voicemail first.

“Hey….it’s Zach…um…so how does Hibachi sound to you? Maybe tomorrow night? Let me know…Ok bye.” Even his phone voice is sexy! I tapped the call back button and listened while it rang.

“Hey, I honestly didn’t think you’d call me back.”

“Well you had me at Hibachi!” I laughed.

“So is that a yes?”

“It is a Yes!”

“Is 7:30 Okay with you?”

“Yes. Cho’s or Yun’s?”

“Cho’s is way better?”

“Agreed! Cho’s at 7:30 it’s a date!”

“I’ll pick you up around 6:30.”

“Oh okay…I’ll text you my address.”

“Do you not want me to pick you up?”

“I don’t know why but I just assumed we would meet there.”

“I’m a gentleman, I pick my dates up and I pay for dinner.”

“That’s good to know.” I laughed

“Has anyone every told you how amazing your laugh is?”

“You're sweet. Thank you!”

“It’s a great laugh…Okay so I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“You will!” I said and he told me goodnight and I ended the call then pulled up my text messages. I had two new messages from an out of state number that I didn’t recognize. I did however have an idea who they were from.
4:25pm
N: Hey…I just wanted to touch base.
N: Didn’t want to upset you by calling

5:25pm
N: It’s been over an hour with no response.
N: I just want to talk about the baby.
N: Call me?

K: Hey, sorry I was getting some blood drawn
K: Didn’t have my phone with me.
K: I’m really tired can I call you another time?

N: When’s your next Drs appointment?

K: Monday afternoon

N: Oh okay
N: Next ultrasound?

K: 2 weeks from tomorrow

N: Can I come?

K: If that’s what you want…
K: Can you email me your family
K: Medical history. It’s for my doctor
K: Then I can email you back dates for
K: Appointments that are set for now.
K: Names and addresses as well.

N: I will get the medical history together now
N: and email it to you...Thanks Kat.

K: You don’t get to call me that
K: We aren’t friends

I don’t know if he replied or not. I shut my phone off and got into bed. Friday night and Saturday mornings are my favorite. I don’t have to set an alarm. I don’t have to rush around and get ready for work in the morning. I can sit on my balcony and drink my coffee with the sounds of nature playing in my ears. I thought about my exchange with Nick. I felt bad about being short with him. I’ll call him tomorrow and apologize. Hopefully we will be able to co-exist peacefully so we can parent this little guy together without making life unbearable. I lay back feeling the exhaustion hit me hard and I closed my eyes.
End Notes:
If you find any errors please let me know!
Chapter 4 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Stephie
Author's Notes:
It's a lengthy one
I woke up around 8:30 and sat out on the balcony with a nice warm cup of coffee. I listened to the birds sing and the cars passing by. There is something so peaceful about it. I powered up my phone and checked my email. Then the notifications started popping up. Mostly from Jen asking about lab boy! A couple texts from Nick came through as well.

N: you have every right to be mad
N: I was a Dick and I’m sorry

N: I emailed the medical history
N: call me tomorrow when you get these

I went in and dropped my phone on the counter and headed for the bathroom I threw on some workout clothes put my headphones in and went for a walk. I called Nick as I walked out the door. The phone rang quite a few times before a very groggy sounding Nick answered.

“Katrina?”

“Yeah, it’s me…sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“It’s all good, I’m just glad you called.”

“Look, I’m sorry about my last couple of text. That’s not who I am. I am not that big of a bitch. I should have handled a lot of things between us differently.”

“Don’t apologize…I am sorry for the way I acted when you told me. I was still angry about you leaving. At some point I’d like to know why you left.”

“I was terrified by the feelings I felt for you. I was terrified that you didn’t or wouldn’t feel the same way in the morning. I thought it was better not to know and just go on believing you felt the same way.” I sighed I didn’t really want him to know all that.

“We can’t change the past but we can make the best of our future. I want to be in his life. I want to be his Dad. I will pay child support and help you in any way that I can. Maybe we can work on getting his parents together.”

“I just want our son to have a father who loves him and not one like mine who walks away. I don’t need anything else from you. Whatever you do please be one hundred percent sure. As for the last part…I want to build a friendship with you and be co-parents together but I think it’s best if it stays that way.”

“I respect that and as far as he’s concerned he’s already loved. I was very happy to see the ultrasound picture of him in the email you sent. How’s he doing?”

“He is healthy and growing…he likes using me as his own punching bag!”

“I’m glad he’s healthy and active. I want to try to make your appointment on Monday, can you send me details so I can make arrangements.”

“You don’t have to come for the appointment on Monday. It’s just a checkup….the ultra sound is the fun appointment.”

“Well just send me details for both and I’ll let you know.”

“I will, talk to you later.” I said

“Later!” He said and I disconnected the call. Then I called Jen.

“Hey what happened to you?”

“Sorry Nick texted me, I got mad and shut my phone off. Before you go nuts everything is fine. I just got off the phone with him.”

“What did he have to say?”

“He apologized for reacting the way he did and that he wanted to be a part of the little guy’s life. He may have also said that he wanted to see if we could end up together. It ended on a good note.”

“Wait he said WHAT? How did you respond to that? I would have fucking died!”

“It would have been a dream come true had he said that when I told him about the baby but he didn’t…so it wasn’t. I told him I thought it would be best if we could just be friends and co-parents. He seemed ok with that.”

“I guess that’s good. Think you can keep that mind set when he’s around.”

“I do, I think things with Zach will help!”

“Oooohhhh…tell me more about lab boy.”

“He’s picking me up at 6:30 for Dinner at Cho’s!”

“Wow. He called you already.”

“Actually he called yesterday. I hope he doesn’t turn out to be some kind of weirdo.” I sighed. Jen and I talked for a while about my conversation with Zach. She gave me a pep talk and then wished me luck. I got back to my apartment and did the dishes. I emailed Nick all the doctor appointment information. I looked through a baby name book for a while and then I started browsing baby stores online to get an idea of how much the necessities would run me. I work for an insurance company as an adjuster but most of my time is spent talking to clients over the phone. I make pretty good money but without any help it’ll be tight. My Dad left my mom and me when I was 6. My mom passed away 2 years ago from brain cancer. I miss her a lot all of the time but being pregnant I miss her more. All I have is Jen and a few distant relatives. I was brought out of my thoughts when my text alert rang out.

N: Thank you for emailing me that information.

K: you’re welcome.

N: I’m flying in Sunday night…would it be all right if I
N: Picked you up to take you to the appointment?

K: sure

N: ok good text me your address.

K: 17823 N. Hunter rd. apt 5A

N: okay thanks! I’ll see you Monday!

K: bye

It reminded me that I needed to text Zach my address. I quickly texted Zach and I got in the shower to get ready for my date! I had trouble picking something out to wear and of course he was right on time. I grabbed my options and headed for the bathroom.

“It’s open…” I yelled and he came in.

“Give me one minute and I’ll be ready.” I shut the bathroom door picked an outfit using eenie meenie minie moe and got dressed. I walked out and there he was looking even more handsome out of the scrubs.

“Hi!” I said smiling

“Wow! You look amazing!” He said

“Thank you! You clean up well too!” I blushed

“It’s nice to get out of my scrubs! Are you ready to go?”

“I am...” I said slipping on my flats. He opened the door and let me go first. After locking my door we walked to the elevator.

“So you know where I work, tell me where you get your paycheck from?”

“I’m in the exciting world or insurance. I’m a claims adjuster.”

“That does sound exciting!” He said making a sick face.

“It’s not my passion but it pays the bills…at least most of them.” We both laughed

“So what is your passion?”

"Animals! I would love to have my own rescue. Is your job your passion?” I asked as the elevator doors opened. We walked in laughing and I pressed the button

“I’m actually going to school to be a veterinarian. I just poke people with needles for the time being.” He said

“Wow a Vet! That’s really awesome!”

“I only have two more classes and then I’ll have to take the big test to get my license!”

“I have to ask, are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?” I said pointing at myself. He burst into laughter as the doors opened.

“You shouldn’t call yourself an elephant it’s not nice!”

“Well I call it like I see it.” I said as he placed a hand on the small of my back and guided me to his car.

“You can tell me however much you want to tell me whenever you’re ready to.” He said opening the car door for me and helping me in. He closed the door and came around his side and got in.

“I’m curious about something.” I blurted out

“Oh yeah what’s that?”

“What are you looking for out of this?”

“Getting to the deep stuff already? “

“I mean I’m about to become a single mom and I can’t figure out why you’d want to go out with me?”

“I like strong, independent, beautiful women. I think that describes you well. I’m also looking to make a connection with someone I could settle down with.”

“Good God how are you still single?” I laughed

“That smile and that laugh are so beautiful I can’t believe your baby daddy let you go.”

“He didn’t have me to let go of. I’m not proud of how this happened. I’m not this kind of girl but I ended up sleeping with someone I was infatuated with when I was a teenager. We only spent one night together which in the end was my fault.”

“Does he know about the baby?”

“He does but it’s an ongoing battle to find peace with each other. He’s angry because I bailed on him before he woke up and I didn’t even leave a note.”

“I’d be angry too.”

“I know, it was a shitty thing to do. I feared that morning would bring heartbreak so I bailed. Not my finest moment.”

“I just mean if I woke up after a night with you and you weren’t there I’d be heartbroken too. I'm pretty sure that is where his anger is coming from.”

“I’m pretty sure he doesn’t feel that way about me.”

“Should I be worried?”

“No. I already told him that we could be co-parents and friends but it would be best to not try to make anything more out it.”

“Just to be clear, I’m not looking for a hook up or a fling here. If we do this I’m in it for the end game.” He sighed and I shivered at the meaning of his statement

“Okay…end game it is.” I smiled and he grabbed my hand. Holy shit he just set my body on fire.

“So what’s his name?”

“Nick…Carter”. I said and he laughed.

“My sister was infatuated with guy by that name back in the 90’s”

“Yeah…So was I!”

“Wait are you saying you got knocked up by a Backstreet Boy?”

“Yep that’s me…30 something year old woman sleeps with the one man she fantasized about sleeping with but never thought she would. Who then left him to wake up on his own and got knocked up in the process. I’m a real winner Zach”

“Shit happens Katrina! I’m just glad he didn’t get to snatch you up!”

“After all that you still want to go out with me?

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re funny, smart, independent and so very beautiful!” He said putting the car in park.

“I’m also 6 months pregnant and his Dad will be around probably creating drama. I guess I’m just curious if you really want to deal with it all and what happens after the baby is born?”

“We will have to figure that out but right now let’s just see where the night takes us. I can tell you that I’m already thinking about the next time that I'll get to see you.”

“I’m sorry…I’ve given you the third degree and we haven’t even eaten dinner yet.”

“I get it though. There will be major changes in your life as well trying to do what's best for the baby. Are you ready to head in?”

“Fair warning…I’m eating for two and I’m starving!” I said getting out of the car and we walked up to the restaurant and he held the door for me. We were seated and the conversation continued. We talked about so many things while we ate. He’s divorced and has a daughter of his own that is five. That’s why he’s just now going to Vet school. His daughter lives in Missouri with her mother. He’s originally from there but moved here to Tennessee for school. He says he tries to see her every other weekend. I told him about my mom and that I had no idea where my dad was. Told him that all I had in this world was my best friend, my apartment and now my son. We had this ease with each other. I was so relaxed around him as long as he didn’t touch me. My senses would be set on fire every time he came close to me. After dinner we walked around town for a while listening to the bands playing in the bars then we headed back to my place. Once he put the car in park I turned to him.

“Thank you for a lovely evening!”

"Thank you for going to dinner with me. I had a great time.”

“Do you want come up for a bit?”

“I don't know if I want to.”
Chapter 5 - Get Another Boyfriend by Stephie
“Oh okay…well thanks again.” I said pushing the car door open. I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes. I pulled myself up out the car and shut the door. I knew this was too good to be true. Why would anyone want to start dating a woman who's 6 months pregnant. That’s when I felt his hand grab my waist turn me towards him

“I would have helped you out of the car…” He said noticing the tears. “Hey what are those for?”

“I just thought we were having a good time but maybe I just wanted to be having a good time. I should have known better so I’m just going to go.” I said turning towards my building and began walking to the door. He walked around in front of me and stopped me.

“Kat wait a minute. I have had a great time! I just want to take our time to get to know each other first before anything else happens."

“Oh...that’s not what I meant about coming up but sure okay. I’m actually really tired so I’m going to head up. Take care Zach.” I said pulling away and walking up to the door. I sighed while searching for my keys in my purse when I felt hands on my waist. He spun me around and pulled me to him. The next thing I know his lips were on mine. It began innocently enough but towards the end he had parted my lips with his tongue and it got pretty intense. He pulled back regretfully and sighed.

“This is why I can’t come up.” He said licking his lips. "I know I won't be able to stop myself if we aren't in public."

“What if you just come up for a few minutes to kiss me goodbye at my door?” I said biting my lip.

“Okay.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the elevator. Once the elevator doors closed I turned to him.

“I’m not the kind of girl that even thinks about sex until at least the 5th date. It was definitely not what I was implying. I don’t know what it is about you but it’s all I can think about.” I sighed and he groaned.

“4 more to go…” He licked his lips and pulled me to him tilting my lips up to his. I moaned into the kiss as his hand rubbed the bare skin at the small of my back.

“Maybe not 4 more…” I mumbled on his lips. He pulled away as the doors opened.

“Will you call me tomorrow?” I asked as my hand slipped out of his. I smiled as he followed me out of the elevator.

“Do you want to do something with me tomorrow?”

“I’d love to.” I smiled thinking about what I’d like to be doing with him right now.

“Do you like Football?”

“I love football but I’m originally from Chicago and a Bears fan.”

“We will have to talk more about sports tomorrow while we watch some football. I have a feeling our baseball teams are rivals.”

“You're probably a Cardinals fan right?.” He nodded. “Yeah that may be a problem.” I laughed.

“My place tomorrow? We can lounge around in comfortable clothes with snacks and watch some football.”

“Throw in some kissing and it sounds like a perfect Sunday.”

“Deal! I’ll text you my address. Come over around noon when the games start.”

“I’ll be there.” I said with a smile. He pulled me over to him and kissed me one more time.

“I’ll see you tomorrow beautiful.” He said walking away. I walked in and closed my door. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into my bed. I thought about calling Jen but I needed to process some things before going through it with her. All of sudden I wasn’t feeling well and I just wanted to close my eyes. I woke up when my phone rang and it was daylight already. I’m still not feeling well but I answered the phone.

“Hello?” I said groggily

“Hey, everything ok? You don’t sound very good.” Zach asked.

“I’m not feeling very well. What time is it?” I asked realizing I had to pee really badly. I put the phone on mute and went to the bathroom.

“It's almost noon. That’s why I'm calling. You didn’t respond to my text so I wanted to make sure you were okay.” he said and I unmute the phone

“It’s that late already? I’m sorry I’ll be over in a little bit.” I said not sure if I still wanted to go.

“It’s fine, I’ll just come to you.”

“Really?” I asked thankful for his kindness.

“Yeah of course. Do you need me to stop and get you anything?”

“Ginger Ale please?”

“Sure, I’ll be over shortly.”

“Thanks Zach!”

“No problem.” He said and we hung up. I put the phone down and sat back down on my couch and turned the football game on. I must have nodded off again because I was jolted out of my sleep by the knock on the door. I didn’t bother to look out to see who it was figuring it was Zach. I just opened the door and walked back to the couch

“Kat? You don’t look so good. What’s the matter?” He asked

“Nick? What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to come by and talk but you didn’t answer your phone. I was slightly worried and wanted to check on you two. What’s the matter?”

“I’m just not feeling very well.”

“Okay, why don’t you go lie down on the couch and prop your feet up. I'll grab you some water." I lie back down on the couch and nodded. Shit!!! I forgot that Zach was on his way over. Nick brought me some water and knelt down in front of me.

“Thanks Nick. You don't have to take care of me I'll be fine. Go ahead and go." I said trying to get him out of the apartment before Zach got here. I don't see that going very well.

“I don’t want you to be alone though.” He said

“She won’t be.” I heard from the door way.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11532