Cold Case (longer stry) by Anita
Summary: This is the longer story of my short story cold case that i have decided to write. Its a cross between Backstreet Boys and CSI.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Group, Other
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 3379 Read: 6388 Published: 07/06/04 Updated: 03/22/05

1. Chapter One by Anita

2. Chapter Two by Anita

3. Chapter Three by Anita

4. Chapter Four by Anita

5. Chapter 5 by Anita

Chapter One by Anita
Cold Case

Chapter One

Nick Carter laughed happily with his friends. They were on a plane on their way to Las Vegas for a concert.

"So AJ, how do you feel about Vegas?" Nick asked.

AJ grinned happily.

"The casinos, beautiful woman, the strip for tons of fun. Yeah Vegas is my place!" AJ responded.

Nick looked out the window as the plane gently touched ground in Las Vegas. Looking out the window, Nick could view the strip.

"Where are we staying again?" Nick asked looking at Kevin.

"The Mandalay Bay." Kevin answered with a smile.

Nick located the hotel from the plane and smiled. It was nice. Finally they were aloud to get up ready to get off the plane. The boys got off easily since they were seated in first class.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nick bounced around his hotel room excited to be in Las Vegas. He wanted to go out and have fun but Kevin had insisted that they all rested in their rooms for a while before they made their way out. Also that night, they had a concert so there wasn't much they could do before it.

"Nick settle down." Brian laughed watching his younger friend.

"I can't help it Brian. I can't sit still." Nick exclaimed bouncing on the bed.

"Nickers, aren't you a little too old to bounce on the bed?" Brian asked amused.

"Nah, you can never be too old for some good ol' bed bouncin'." Nick replied with a smile.

Brian shook his head, Nick was too much.

"Hey Bri, they don't have the water I liked stoked up in here. I'm gonna go to the store and get some alright?"

Brian looked up from his magazine.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.

Nick shook his head.

"No, I'm ok. I don't mind going alone." He said grabbing his jacket.

"Alright Nick be careful ok?"

Nick knodded and ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Morganna, daughter of darkness, Mistress of evil, I call upon you. I call upon your powers here under the full moon." A girl dressed completely in black danced around the chilly dark basement.

"It is I, the black widow who calls upon thee. I call for the powers of hell to give me strength for the souls I shall drag forth. Help me, Help me Morganna, daughter of darkness, Mistress of evil fil me with thine powers of evil." She cried.

"I need fresh blood, a new sacrifice." She whispered looking at the old blood that stained the hard, cold floor.

"I will go out and find some." She swept up her cloak and slipped into the shadows of the ally.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Grissom, what's going on?" Nick Stokes asked walking up to Grissom who was standing in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay.

"Nick Carter, heartthrob of the world known band the Backstreet Boys, has disappeared." Gil said.

"Hmm, well I can see why he would be a target for a kidnapping." Nick said.

Jim Brass came up to them.

"I have some of the best people on my team out searching for him. Do the guys in the band have any idea where he could have gone?"

Gil shook his head.

"The older member Kevin said that he had asked them to rest in their rooms before the concert tonight. Nick's roommate Brian is in shock and can't remember where Nick said he was going."

"Isn't that a little strange?" Nick asked.

Gil shrugged. He became thoughtful. As he opened his mouth to talk, Brian came running up to them.

"I just remembered! Nick said that he wanted to go to the corner store to pick up some water!"

Gil turned to Nick.

"Head out over to the store and see if he ever made it."

"On my way." Nick turned to leave when suddenly Sara Sidle walked up.

"I'm here." She announced.

"Sara, I paged you 30 minutes ago." Gil said.

"Yeah well you tell me to go get a life and when I finally do you decide that you need me and when you do I have to be there on the snap of a finger." She answered.

"Well we have a missing celeb to look for. You go with Nick." Gil answered.

Nick sighed.

"Thanks, just make me feel welcome." Sara rolled her eyes following him.

They headed off to the store.
Chapter Two by Anita
Chapter Two

Trent knew he was playing with fire. Darla was a strange girl. Different from any others that he had met before.

Carefully Trent made his way down the ally where he was supposed to meet her.

"Darla?" He called out. He could not see her in the darkness. He heard movements and a chill ran down his spine.

"You have come Trent." She greeted, her voice set in it's edgy way.

"Yeah, you asked me to meet you here. What's up?"

Darla stepped out of the shadows an evil glimmer in her eyes.

"You lied to me Trent. You lied to me and now you must pay."

Trent was scared but he tried not to show it.

"Darla, honey, I didn't lie to you, we just had a misundersanding." He spoke trying to keep his voice calm.

"No Trent, you lied. And now you will pay." Her voice was low and huskey.

Suddenly dark figures lept out at him from the shadows. He yelled out trying to fight them off. One strong man grabbed his arms pinning them at his side.

Another person pulled a plasic bag over his head and held it tight.

Oh please someone help me. Trent begged silently. Please someone, I don't want to die.

The person kept the bag long and tight around his head. They all knew that it would't be much longer. He was losing air, he was losing strength. As they expected, Trent's body went limp. The man pulled the bag off of his head.

Darla looked down at her ex boyfriend. He was very handsome. About 6'2, with blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. He also had a killer smile.

The two men picked him up.

"What should we do with him Darla?" One asked.

"Dump him." She answered before she turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jim Brass led the way through the store. They all looked around. A woman behind the counter was working alone that night and had been knocked out. She had woken up later, but nothing had been taken. Confused she had called the poliece. This was strange concidering the fact that this was the store that Nick Carter had been headed to.

Nick Stokes and Sara Sidle walked in. They had their CSI examiniation kits with them. They looked around the entire store. No clues about what the men wanted, or anything that showed that something could have happened to Nick there.

"I am guessing that something happened to our Backstreet Boy before he even jot here." Jim said.

"Great, well just have to check the allys by the store and see if we can go over his steps as he headed here." Nick said.

Suddenly one of the men on Jim's team called out.

"Hey Brass I got something!" He said.

He was standing by the freezer, his face pale. Nick, Sara, and Jim walked over to him. Nick looked inside. There he was. The blond haired heartthrob. Nick was lying in the freezer. He was dead.

"Sad really." Sara said.

"What is?" Nick asked her.

"To be on top of the world, living in fame one minute, and then dead the next."

Nick shook his head. Together they began to comb the place looking for clues. Out back, Sara picked up a black glove. She looked it over then put it in an evidence bag.

Near the freezer was a plastic bag. Nick decided to take it in to see if it had prints or anything. After they gathered all that they could, they made their way back to the lab to run tests and call the others to let them know what had happened.

"Hate to be the one to tell them their friend is dead." Nick said.

Sara gave him a grim smile.
Chapter Three by Anita
a/n omg you im so sorry that i have not updated this in forever. i kinda forgot about it for a while getting wrapped up in my other stories. i hope you still read this.

Chapter Three

Nick sat thinking hard. He was trying to figure out who killed the young pop star. The results of the examination had come back. Nick was so confused. He had not been stabbed, shot, nor posioned. His body had no signs that he was beaten or that he had suffered from blunt trama.

Nick got the bag and carried it to be steamed. He was gonna try to get prints lifted off of it. Greg walked in.

"Hey whats up?" Greg asked.

"Tryin to figure out how this popstar was murdered?" Nick said walking behind the box that was steaming the bag.

"A Backstreet Boy huh?" Greg said crossing his arms looking at the bag.

"Yup" Nick answered.

"So did he die from sufforcation?" Greg asked looking at the bag.

Nick stood up and looked at him. Slowly, he walked around to see what Greg was looking at. On the bag, they both could cleary make out the face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin, Howie, AJ, and Brian all sat down in the crime lab with Nick Stokes and Sara Siddle. Nick flipped through a few papers then looked up.

"We have found a body, we need one of you to come with us and identify the body.

All of the guys paled.

"You found a body?" Brian asked.

AJ, Howie and Kevin all gasped with shock. This was not something that they expected to hear.

Nick and Sara looked at each other with grim expressions.

"Yes, and the match, matches the description of your friend." Sara said.

The guys looked at one another. They weren't sure exactly how they wanted to deal with this.

"I'll go." Kevin finally offered standing.

Nick and Sara nodded and lead him down to where the body was. Kevin didn't want to do this. His legs were shaking badly and his heart was pounding so hard inside his chest that he thought it would break free.

After a walk that seemed endless to Kevin, they got to a door. Sara looked at him before opening it. Kevin felt like he was going to be sick but had to stay strong for the others.

The three of them walked over to a table. Slowly, Nick pulled back the sheet. Kevin let out a small cry.

There, on the cold table lay his bandmate, his friend, his brother. He felt the tears in his eyes as he looked down on the lifeless body of Nick. His blond hair was a mess like it always was.

Kevin bit his lip. Nick lay looking like he was sleeping but Kevin knew the harsh truth. He stepped away from the table.

"It's him." He whispered.

"I know its hard...." Sara said unsure how to be comforting.

Kevin nodded and slowly exited the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guys all waited for Kevin. He came back into the room his eyes red. Seeing Kevin like this, they knew how it was and they all broke down.

Gil stood solemly.

"We promise we are doing our best to find out who did this to your band member."

"He was more like our brother." Brian sniffed.

Grissom nodded.

"We will find the person who did this. I'm very sorry for your loss."

After giving their thanks, the guys left.

"How are we going to handle this? How are we going to let our fans know?" Howie asked soflty his eyes till wet.

"The best thing I think is for a interview." Kevin sighed.

"I'll contact his family." Brian said after a moment, his voice breaking.

"Oh Nick, what are we going to do with out you?" Kevin sighed once he was alone.

This is the end of Backstreet.
Chapter Four by Anita
Chapter Four

The guys all sat together dressed in black outfits. It was time for their press conference. The press conference that would announce the dreaded death of their fellow band mate.

Silently, the guys filed in and sat in a row. Their faces were solemn.

"Where is Nick?" Was the first question that was asked when the press conference began.

"Nick is the reason we called this conference." Brian started but then got choked up.

The reporters and fans that were there all sensed that whatever the guys were going to say, wasn't going to be anything good.

"I am sorry to say this, but Nick is dead." Kevin said softly.

A gasp rose among the crowd. They couldn't believe the words that were just uttered.

Surely there had to some mistake. Nick was a joker, could this possibly be some cruel joke?

The look on the guys faces showed that this was not indeed a joke.

"How did this happen?" A male reporter finally asked.

"He, he was murdered." Howie gasped out.

The guys once again broke down. The fans were also crying and so were many of the reporters.

After a few minutes AJ calmed down enough for the next thing that had to be said.

"I'm sorry but this is the end of the Backstreet Boys. We just don't think its right to continue without Nick."

The fans were even more broken hearted but they knew that they had to be understanding.

They had all hoped and prayed that there would never be an end to their favorite band of all time but if they had to end, the fans only wished that it hadn't been because of such a horrific incident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Stokes sat going through some information about the dead band member. Nick Carter had once been a guy full of life, he was loved by many, and envied by many.

Nick wondered if this band member could have possibly done something to make someone want to kill him.

He had talked to the other guys about any known enemies but they couldn't think of anyone.

"Probably because he was a babe magnet. Someone was probably jealous." Greg said from behind Nick.

Nick turned in his seat.

"What do you know about being a babe magnet?" He asked with a smirk.

"Well both Sara and Catherine want me..." Greg answered smiling.

Nick snickered.

"So what do you have for me?" Noticing the paper that Greg was holding.

"DNA results."

"So are you going to tell me?"

"Well, the DNA comes from a girl."

"How did DNA from a girl get on him? Did a girl sufforcate him? She must have had help because Nicks a pretty big guy, no way could she have dumped him alone."

Greg shrugged.

"You find me more evidence and I'll let you know more."

Nick sighed. He pulled out his cell to call Grissom.

"Hey did you find anything else from the crime scene?" He asked.

"I think Catherine pulled a finger print from the freezer, we can't be sure if its connected however, who knows how many people have opened it?"

"Well send it in so we can check it."

Nick looked at Greg.

"Well for whatever reason, we have to find out who did it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on that day, the guys came in to say their final goodbyes to Nick.

Slowly, they made their way into the room where his body lay. They all gathered around him and bent their heads to say a prayer.

Brian whispered the prayer and opened his eyes looking at his younger brother. Something didn't seem right. Brian looked over wondering what was wrong. Suddenly he gasped.

"This isn't Nick!"
Chapter 5 by Anita
Chapter Five

Grissom quickly stepped forward. He had been watching to make sure nothing happened.

"What do you mean this isn't Nick?" He asked carefully.

"It's not him! Nick has a tribal tattoo around his arm."

Grissom leaned over the body to look over it more carefully. Like Brian had said, there was no tattoo on the arm of the dead body.

"So then, this isn't Nick." Grissom said looking up at Sara.

Sara had a bewildered expression on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grissom sat with Nick, Greg, Sara, Catherine, Brass, and Warrick.

"You guys, this could be a good thing, or it could be a very bad thing." Sara said going over some notes.

"There is a chance that Nick could still very well be alive." Greg added.

"Let's go back to the alley and check again to make sure once more that we did not miss anything that might be a clue." Grissom said closing his folder.

The gang all looked at each other then got up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Who in the hell was dripping that water? It was really beginning to get on Nick's nerves. He was tired and trying to sleep but he had been awakened by the dripping sounds.

His head was hurting like crazy, he realized. Probably another hangover.

Slowly, his blue eyes fluttered open. He was confused as the looked around.

He realized that he was lying on a cold, hard floor and he was tied up. The room was freezing and very dim. It was hard for him to see what was going on.

He groaned. His head was pounding like hell now. Slowly, he forced himself to sit up. He blinked hoping to clear some of his sight.

A door to the left suddenly swung open and a small girl walked in.

"So you are finally awake." Her chilling voice echoed in his head.

He wished that she wouldn't speak. His head felt like it was going to explode and she was making it worse.

"Wh-where am I?" He croaked.

He was shocked by the sound of his own voice. It sounded foreign to his ears. The girl smiled a wicked smile.

"You are in the basement of my house. I captured you. You know belong to me."

Nick coughed harshly. The dust around him was killing his throat.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want your blood."

Nick felt his heart beat race. Was this girl some sick fan.

The girl stepped into the moonlight in front of him and smiled. Nick was sure he was going to faint. In here mouth were fangs.

"Who are you!"

"You can call me Darla."

"Are, are you a a vampire?" He asked feeling his body shaking.

She threw her head back and laughed.

"I am the greatest vampire there is here. I have the power to rule."

"But, why me?"

She walked around him slowly. The hems of her black dress caressing his skin.

"You are young, strong, a good catch for me. I need young blood to survive."

Nick felt his eyes start to tear up. He began to blink fast. He wasn't going to cry, no not in front of her.

"How is your head?" She asked touching it.

Nick winced. Her touch made it throb like hell. But he refused to answer her.

Darla drew her fingers back. Nick saw that they were slightly damp. To his horror, he realized that they were damp with blood. HIS blood.

Darla smiled, her eyes locked with his as she slowly lifted her figers to her mouth. She sucked greedily on them, savoring this young mans taste.

Nicks stomach turned and he leaned to the side and threw up hard. His body raked with the force.

Darla soothingly stroked his back as he emptied his guts on her floor.

"There there little one. Everything is going to be ok."

Nick stared at her his eyes wide with fear. He shrank back away from her against the wall.

She laughed and stood.

"I will see you later my love."

Nick felt some relief as he watched her leave. He would rather face the darkness than her.

Once he knew he was alone, he broke down and cried.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2713