Fatal Journey by Jamelet and Stephanie
Summary: In a distilled world of the present era, two are sent from beyond the human boundaries, rising from death, defeating it that once held their place back. Now on a search to find a partner by an allotted time, they are sent to find the one they can call their own. All the while the world shall suffer around them.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance, Horror, Supernatural
Warnings: Graphic Violence, Graphic Sexual Content, Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4682 Read: 4814 Published: 11/13/04 Updated: 01/16/05

1. A Destiny To Fulfill by Jamelet and Stephanie

2. On Their Trail by Jamelet and Stephanie

3. Good As New by Jamelet and Stephanie

4. Meet Your Destiny by Jamelet and Stephanie

A Destiny To Fulfill by Jamelet and Stephanie
Chapter One: A Destiny To Fulfill



The wet slick road glistened in the after shower of the cold dark night, the damp wind battered the bare wet trees with its touch bringing nothing but its cold hand upon it. The open road left deserted years ago, gleamed in the silver streak moonlight as overgrown trees aligned either side of it. A quiet serene sound seemed almost innocent and peaceful if not for the tragic events that had recently unfolded. The dark black road was covered and streaked in a pool of ever flowing crimson fluids that splattered quickly, splashing around the bare barks and ground.

A last cry of horror breaks into the road as the body of a young light haired woman crashes dead on the road, her throat ripped open, the folds of flesh no longer available at the open gash in the center of her neck. A pool of blood now surrounded the woman corpse as the killer smiles, his light eyes gleaming in joy.

“Not bad.” A dark haired man steps up to him: a grin sliding onto his handsome dark features. “Not bad at all Nicky.” The man grunts out, giving him a ‘thumbs up’ sign for the job well done.

Nick snickers, glancing back down at the nude woman, lying dead on the road, her limbs strewed around in their last defeat. “Thanks. Too bad she was pretty. It would have been easier if she wasn’t.”

His friend nods in agreement, sighing. “I hear ya man, this job gets nastier as time goes on.”

“Alex…” Nick’s voice trails off, his eyes watching the trail of dark red blood spill on the road almost black in the stray visible moonlight.

“Hmmm yeah?” The dark haired man smiles, “What is it?” He reaches for a napkin, handing it to his friend.

“Thanks.” Nick takes the tissue, wiping off the reminiscences of some spilled blood on his lips. “I’m tired. Maybe we should back.”

“Yeah, we’re almost done man. The others are still killing off the rest of the group. Then we can head out.” A.J. grunts out, holding back a yawn as he shuffles back to the other three men surrounding four deceased female teenage bodies.

A sandy haired, bright azure eyed man turns to them and smiles gently. “How was the hunting?”

“Excellent as always. Nick showed off his holds bar on the chick. She died before she could even yell out help.” A.J. grins widely, his dark chocolates eyes scan the forest behind them.

“Oh of course, I wouldn’t doubt Nick pulled that trip off with his other victims.” The man states laughing.

Nick smirks. “Oh come on Brian, you know you like that.”

Brian snickers softly, glancing back at the other two men in their group walking towards them.

A tall raven haired man glances over at Nick with a smile, nodding his head at the dead woman on the road. “We’re just about done then guys. Howie got a sip of the broad before I broke her neck.”

An average tan complexion, handsome man smiles, licking the blood off his lips nodding. “Sure did. She tastes sweet, her blood almost tickled me.”

Kevin smirks. “Alright, guys. We can head back to the house and the faster the better before dawn comes.”

The other four men nod as they begin their way down the road. A few feet away from them, the ground trembles slightly, cracking into various directions. Kevin narrows his eyes to the left side of him to see a broken headstone rising from underneath. Startled, Kevin halts the four men with him and quietly heads over to the plot of land disturbed from the earthquake.

“What is it? What do you see?” One of the guys called out behind him as Kevin inches closer to the tussled dirt before him.

“Not sure.” Kevin whispers out as he gasped, jumping back at the sight of an arm punching out of the dirt, the peach fingers open and grasp the dirt around it as the other arm shoots out from the dirt as well.

A.J. gulps, watching the scene and whispers out, “Dude, let’s go now! Let’s get the hell out of here man!”

Brian nods. “Yeah…I don’t wanna be around when that thing comes out.”

Gulping, Kevin quivers, turning back to the others. “I guess…we’ll head out.”

“I guess…no we’re leaving now.” Howie whispers out, nervously running a hand through his short dark locks.

Kevin nods yet too stun to move as the arms coming from the dirt grip the ground and pulls out a woman, barely dressed as dirt cling and smeared across her body and clothes. Kevin gulps to see a petite woman in about in early twenties with long matted dark brown hair clinging to her back and shoulders as her light brown eyes set on Kevin. Moaning out something incoherent, she extends her open hands out to him.

Howie quivers, looking at the woman and gulps as a broken headstone next to the one the woman came out to see it tremble. All eyes glance to the soft dark dirt besides the partially nude woman that emerged from the ground to see two caramel arms shoot from the dirt, griping the dirt around it as it pulls itself out. Another woman: this one much taller than the first with dark brown hair and blue streaks and striking blue grey eyes gaze at the group before her. She seemed built and equally strong to take on those around her with her toned body, the muscles aching to be used. A small silver glow from her nose drew attention to the others as she fiddles with the silver nose ring and eyebrow ring placed gently in her flesh. She was barely dressed like her counterpart and extends her hands out to them as Howie’s dropped open.

“What…what…what the hell are they?!” Nick yells out distressed as Kevin shivers, backing away.

“I don’t know, but I wanna go now.” Kevin whispers, ready to race down the road away from the strange woman.

Nick gazes at them and noted something odd about them, they seem to sporting a similar gem: a diamond cut gem on a white necklace that glowed faintly in the moonlight. “Guys…that gem…that could only mean one thing.” He whispers out as the others gulp.

“They’re…they’re here!” Brian chokes out, running away in fear down the road as A.J. quickly follows along with Howie.

Nick gasps and grabs Kevin’s arm, tugging on the man to leave and get out before it was too late. But Kevin remained frozen in fear for a minute before he creeps away from them, hearing the women shriek and cry out to come back…that they were needed.

The smaller petite dark haired woman glances over to her tall partner and smiles: “Jade, it looks like we have our work cut out for us.”

Jade simply smiles, letting out a laugh as they trudge through the dirt heading slowly to go after the men. “Dynasty…they are the ones. I can see it.” She smiles as they slowly crawl in the dirt trying to get their leg muscles working before they can begin to seek the chosen ones out.

Dynasty smiles and nods as they stand up and smile; giggling softly under the strange now hazy night.
On Their Trail by Jamelet and Stephanie
Chapter Two: On Their Trail



“Do you think they realize we can walk during the daytime?” Dynasty asked Jade as they slowly walked down the deserted road in the same direction as the group of men. The sun was close to reaching the horizon, coloring the sky a pale orange. They were taking their time in order to fully restore their strength for the confrontation that would happen that night.

“I doubt it, or else they wouldn’t have run like they did. I still can’t believe how they acted like scared little kids!” Jade shook her head with a coarse laugh. She ran a hand through her locks, attempting to get rid of the caked in dirt. They needed to find a place to shower and dress before searching for the Chosen Ones.

“Vampires in our day weren’t scared of anything. Remember when the basilisk came and destroyed half of our kind until we came along? Slayed it like it was just a mere rat.” Dynasty recalled with a sigh, remembering their lives from so long ago. She and Jade had met during the 15th century when vampires were rampant all over Europe. They defeated many enemies single handed, creating great respect for them wherever they traveled.

“Yes, I remember. Times have changed,” Jade agreed, willing her aching legs to move faster as the sky changed from orange to gold and the morning star disappeared. “Come on, we have to reach Ruby before it becomes too light out.”

“How do you know she’s still around here? What if she lost faith that we would come back? Or maybe she’s been slayed?” Dynasty questioned, flexing her arms and legs as they walked down the lonely road.

“No, she’s still here. I can feel it--” Jade stopped in her tracks when she caught site of an object sparkling on the ground. “Well, well, well.”

“What is it?”

“Our boys left us a little present,” Jade smirked, bending down to pick up the fallen item. It was a gold ring with a blood red stone nestled in the center. She licked the band, her fangs glowing in the faint sunrise. Her sense of tracking was one of the best throughout vampire history, and she took pride in it. “This belongs to the tattooed one. We’re still on their trail.”

“Which way are they headed?” Dynasty asked as Jade handed her the ring. She placed it on her finger, obviously too big for her petite fingers. The ring trembled slightly before immediately shrinking to fit perfectly. It was definitely from a vampire.

“Straight north towards Tampa, which is where Ruby is as well. We’ll get them once they come out tonight to feast,” Jade replied as they resumed their trek into the back roads of town.

~*~*~

“Nick, it couldn’t be them! It just couldn’t be!” Kevin ranted towards the youngest as he paced the dark room where he and the other men slept during the day. However, with recent events, sleep seemed to be the last thing on their minds. “It’s not time for them to come back!”

“But it is time, if you had been paying attention these hundreds of years! We knew they would come back eventually and now it’s happened. I saw the Gems, man!” Nick retorted, standing up to Kevin and their contrasting eyes locked in a stare down. The room became deathly silent.

“Well, if they are here, we’re in deep shit,” A.J. commented, the silence making him uncomfortable. The two turned around and glared at him. He held his hands up in defense. “Okay, okay--”

“Where’s your ring?!”

“Huh?”

“Your ring! It’s gone!” Kevin strode over, anger radiating from every pore in his body as he grasped A.J.’s right hand. He twisted it around so A.J. could see the missing spot where the ring once was. “Where is it?!”

“Shit! It must have fallen off when we ran away,” A.J. cursed, ripping away his hand from Kevin. The older man began tugging at his raven locks in frustration, realizing that they would be as good as found when it came to those two women.

“How is it that out of all of us, you lose your ring the night they come back? They’ll find us for sure!”

“I thought you said it couldn’t be them,” Nick quipped sarcastically with a roll of his eyes towards their leader. Kevin looked about ready to kill him, fangs bared when Howie interrupted the potential bloodfight.

“Guys, stop! Arguing isn’t going to change the fact that they are here. We have to figure out what to do.”

“Run away and never come back?” Brian suggested, looking at his cousin with a hopeful look in his light blue eyes.

“Okay, number one; we never ran from anything before and we won’t now. Number two; that darker skinned one was the best tracker before this damn prophecy went into action. They’ll find us wherever we go,” Kevin replied sternly, feeling his fangs recede back into his jaw, which indicated it was time for rest. He walked over to his large, mahogany coffin and lifted it open. He didn’t know what the Risen wanted, but he would not leave the place they had lived in for over two hundred years.

“So what are we going to do, Cuz?” Brian asked as they all looked over at their leader. Kevin always had a plan for everything.

“Sleep. There’s nothing we can do in the daytime,” Kevin let his eyes connect with Brian’s for a moment and it seemed to soothe the man. He actually smiled before climbing into his coffin and closing the lid.

“Maybe when I wake up, this will all be a dream and my ring will be on my finger,” A.J. shuddered, walking to his own coffin along with the others. Soon the room was silent as the men fell into a deep hibernation until night came and it was time to feast on the innocent yet again.

~*~*~

Howie holds his cell phone away from his ear as A.J.’s ranting and screaming streamed from it. “Alex, relax. Chill out, it’s not a big deal. Look, we’ll get a better ring for ya. Just calm down.”

Nick smirks, biting his lower lip as Brian chuckles under his breath both watching a pacing Howie before them.

“Yeah…look I know. It’s just jewelry, take a gulp of water and shut up already. My ear is burning with all the yelling you’re making.” Howie smirks as Kevin grins: propping his legs up on the coffee table.

Nick runs a hand through his short blonde spikes while Brian yawns and stretches, checking his rolex watch.

Sighing, Howie rolls his eyes, sitting on the edge of the sofa while A.J. continued to rant before exhaling and suddenly quiets down. Raising his eyebrows, Howie whispers out: “A.J.? You still there? Alex?”

A.J. frowns, scanning his eyes over last night’s image of the two estranged women coming from the isolated graves left behind. “Howie…D…listen to me. Put Kevin on the phone for a minute.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Dude, just do it aight.” A.J. grumbles out, settling down on his unmade bed, gazing up at the ceiling fan swirling lazily above him.

Howie sighs and extends his hand out with the phone: “Kev, he wants to talk you.”

“Why?” Kevin responds curtly, holding back a yawn.

“Don’t know. Just take it.” Howie hands him the cell and plops in the sofa across from him, watching his curiously.

Exhaling, Kevin places the phone to his ear: “What?” He grumbles out, watching the others snicker and gaze at him.

“Question man. Who were those chicks last night? You and your stupid behind talked with them. What did they want?” A.J. leans over his lap, twirling his silver dog tag chain in his right hand.

Kevin gulps: “Ohhh ohh them. They’re just crazy chicks, some idiots buried them alive. I know it was a bit freaky, but nothing to worry about.”

“Cut the bull Kevin, I’m not Nick. I know there’s something more you’re not telling me.” A.J. hisses out, clutching the platinum chain tightly in his fist.

Kevin smirks at the comment and looks at the others eyeing him. Sucking his teeth, he excuses himself and closing himself in Howie’s bedroom, locking the door behind him.

Nick frowns, watching the door close and glances back at the others. “What’s Kevin hiding that he can’t say it to all of us?”

Brian shakes his head, leaning back on the sofa besides Nick: “Not sure. But last night something wasn’t right. I think Kevin is talking to Alex about those girls we saw last night.”

“So? They’re freaky that’s not normal! I mean they…they came from the ground all dead and they had that white gem!” Nick gulps, shivering at the thought.

Howie scans his eyes over to his friends, releasing a sigh: “Something isn’t right. That gem…it looks so similar but it couldn’t be them. The queens passed away long ago. Their deaths have long been recorded in our history. There is no way they could still be living.”

“Why not? I mean they are vampires right? The undead…like us. Why couldn’t they live forever?” Brian whispers out, gazing at his thumb nail nervously.

“I heard from my youth they died trying to find a soul mate to match them in royalty. Stories had it that they were never happy until the day they find their mate, their future husband which ever one comes first for them. They died during one of their hunts. One of them wanted a man in particular to share in her power and she got them both killed. Burned from the morning sun because they were too slow to hide away. ” Howie states, shrugging his shoulders.

“But that’s just a story Howie. Those queens…they seem unique. Unlike any vampires of our history.” Brian states, sitting up nervously.

Nick raises his eyebrows, “I knew something is up with those chicks, we’re gonna be in trouble. I can feel it.”
Good As New by Jamelet and Stephanie
Chapter Three: Good As New



Her laughter echoes in the silent hotel hallway as bloody handprints smeared down the painted cement walls. Smiling, she straightens up gazing at her partner Jade, “Hmmmm…I almost forgot the taste of human blood. God how I missed those pathetic yells they make.”

Jade giggles, nodding her head as she ties up her dark brown hair, the blue streaks glitter in the hallway florescent lights above her. “I know. It’s wonderful. Hell it seems wonderful to be alive again. I almost forgot what the land looks like. Things seem to have changed while we were sleeping for so long. But we’re back.”

“Oh yes we are.” Dynasty grins, her light brown eyes scan the hallway around her and snickers. “Man I’m so hungry. I think its time we knock another door, I need another snack.”

Jade laughs, wrapping her caramel arms around her lithe waist. “Shhh…ok fine. But be quiet.”

Dynasty smiles, her loose dark medium brown locks tumble neatly down her shoulders as they had gotten cleaned and bathed in a wealthy victim’s lavish apartment and now both in clean and fresh white summer dresses, they smile and walk down the next apartment, knocking on it innocently.

After a few knocks, they were going to move to the next apartment until the door opens, two small green eyes peer at them from the door crack, smiling. Jade kneels and coos at the child, calling for the girl to come forward. Giggling, the fair headed little girl, opens the apartment door wider gazing at the two estranged women.

Dynasty smirks and peers behind the little child to see a teen boy gazing at them angrily.

“Ashlee why did you open the door? Mom is gonna be mad with ya. Get away from the door, I’m gonna close it.” The teen boy calls out, his tall lithe body steps next to the little girl ready to slam the door on them. Dynasty pushes the door wide and steps in smiling as Jade follows, holding the door as her fangs poke out of her lips. The bright afternoon close to evening sun splashes down in the apartment as the two women step in, grabbing the boy by his throat and ripping the flesh off it quickly with their bites, each woman chewing on the boy’s neck before he knew what was going on. The only sounds besides the soft munching of the broken flesh was the boy’s last gurgle as the little girl watches with amusement at her brother’s death. The pool of blood splatters down on the shiny wooden planks as the little three year old girl claps her hands, giggling at the sight not knowing her brother wasn’t going to wake up from this bite.
Meet Your Destiny by Jamelet and Stephanie
Chapter Four: Meet Your Destiny



Her yells rang through his head in his slumber as he roused up from a distance screaming. Struggling to sit up, A.J. stumbles out of his apartment, gazing down at the corridor at the dimly lit hallway. His mouth drops open at the sight of the blood streaked handprints and blood trails smeared across the white marble walls all the way down to the stairwell exit. Gulping, he slowly walks down the eerily dimly golden lit hallway, his eyes glancing to and fro to the dripping trail of crimson liquid splashed across the walls.

“What the hell happened here?” He murmurs to himself, his bare feet touch the cold living fluid on the floor, the blood caressing his toes as he continues to walk down slowly. His feet drenched in the liquid, he makes his way to the end of the hallway passing each apartment that seemed streaked with blood on the outside doorway.

He exhales slowly, feeling a damp chill embrace him in the hallway. Reaching the end of the hallway, still confused on who could have done such a horrible massacre, he feels eyes prodding behind him. Slowly turning, he eyes locked on to the two women from the cemetery last night that crept him out badly. Shivering, he stumbles back against the railing of the lavish balcony the floor has, expanding around in an oval shape. His dark chocolate eyes gaze at the two women. The more taller caramel complexioned, dark haired women with steely blue gray eyes tilts her head at the man from across the hallway with a deviant smile.

She smiles, her light eyes glitter in the dimming light as a small sparkle from her nose and eyebrow ring give off a small glow. Pointing at him, she laughs, her smile carves into a taunting grin as her laughter resounds and echoes off around them.

“You have something I want!” The woman calls out loudly, standing straight as a cold breeze filters down the hallway.

A.J. grips the balcony behind, pressing his back against it while his eyes remained locked on the two women. “Who…who are you?” He chokes out, slightly shivering knowing something about them wasn’t right. He gazes at their blood streaked white summer dresses as their fangs gleamed brightly in the light.

“I am everything you’re not.” The more petite woman hisses out, her bright brown and green eyes give off a hint of glow in the light. Her long dark hair flutters in the cold breeze as she takes a step forward, her white summer dress now stained in the rich blood, clings to her curves.

A.J. watches them both and gulps as the women begin to ascend to him, walking quickly to reach him. He tries to move his feet but remained frozen in place at the shock takes over him. Gasping for air, his eyes remained on them inches away from touching him. In a final attempt to escape from their grasp, he gasps and leans further back over the railing as the women’s hands lie centimeters from reaching his neck. He slips and feels his body slip off the ledge and flips over the rail, falling towards the ground. He screams out, flailing his arms in the air above him as the two women laugh and disappear from his view. His screams echo in the night outside the lavish hotel as Kevin looks up at the threshold of the entrance of the hotel.

Gasping, Kevin races into the lobby of the hotel, his footsteps pound against the marble tiles as he slides into the large oval interior of the hotel. “A.J.!” He yells rushing over to see A.J. lying on his back on the ground as two security men look and check him over. Kevin gulps and looks up to see a shadow figure up on the balcony before looking back at A.J. lying still on the floor, his eyes closed.

Kevin narrows his eyes at the security guards who seemed worried and began dialing for help. He sighs and looks over to see Brian and Howie on the second floor balcony watching in shock as they gulp and began to scream out “Thief” to distract the security guards. Kevin smiles and kneels down next to A.J. as the security guards glance at him.

“Sir, are you gonna stay here until the ambulance arrives for this man?” One of the men asked, before taking off to find out who was responsible for all this. Kevin nods as the security guard takes off with his partner to track down the so called thief.

Once the area was vacant of the security and vacant, Kevin looks down at A.J. and smirks.

Snapping open his eyes, A.J. bolts up and lands on his feet hissing out: “Damn! That would have killed me if I was human.” He rasped out as Kevin chuckles.

“What happened?” Kevin whispers out, watching the guards reach Howie and Brian on the balcony above them.

Gulping, A.J. places his hands on Kevin’s shoulders: “It’s them! Dude…I saw them!”

“Saw who?”

“The chicks from the grave yard! They were going after me!”

Kevin sighs and steps back: “They’re here. They managed to make it in here.”

“Who are they?! You didn’t tell me who they were!” A.J. hisses out, running a hand down his goatee.

“I think it could be the two queens.”

“Of the dead? Are you kidding me? They’re dead.” A.J. rasped out, frowning.

“Well who else you think I’m talking about? Look they’re obviously out for something and now the question is what is it they’re looking for?” Kevin whispers looking around the premise.

Snorting, A.J. shakes his head in disgust. “Well that’s just nice, now isn’t?”

Kevin sighs, “Yeah well…let’s go get the others.” And he heads off to meet up with Howie and Brian who points somewhere to distract the guards.

~*~*~

He exhales slowly, shuddering at the cold air passing through the upper blood stained hallway where A.J. had passed only a few before hand. Stepping in to A.J. vacant hotel suite, he walks into the dark room, scanning the walls. Nick gazes at the bloody words smeared across the walls, his mouth dropping open at the words. “Holy…” He whispers out, stepping back, stumbling over a chair as his eyes remained fixated on the white wall, the haunting words gleaming back at him as he breathes out heavily.

Howie and Brian rush into the room behind Nick gasping at the words.

“Who…who did that?” Brian whispers out, mouthing out the words over and over again.

Kevin steps up to the wall, passing a small flashlight over the words reading it out loud for all to hear: “We come for you, do not hide. We shall find you and take what is needed.”

“Well those are always encouraging words.” Howie murmurs out, rolling his eyes as they sigh, gathering around the wall each picking up a rag and cleaning the fresh blood off the wall.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3416