Backstreet 2010.... by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: Kevin and AJ adopt a little girl whose been stuck in Social Services for all of her young life. Will they be able to teach her right from wrong? And will she get along with their other little girl?
Warning: Corporal punishment. I put it as "Child Absure/Domestic Violence" should some of you view it as that.
Now, Enjoy!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Kevin
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Child Abuse, Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 74805 Read: 58147 Published: 12/06/04 Updated: 03/28/07

1. The Adoption..... by LenniluvsBrian

2. Mall & 1st Punishment by LenniluvsBrian

3. Explaining Things..... by LenniluvsBrian

4. The Hospital..... by LenniluvsBrian

5. Play-time Gone Wrong..... by LenniluvsBrian

6. Bath-time & Bed-time..... by LenniluvsBrian

7. Church..... by LenniluvsBrian

8. Gramma's..... by LenniluvsBrian

9. Cookie Trouble & a Lickin'..... by LenniluvsBrian

10. Hospital & Home Again..... by LenniluvsBrian

11. Next Morning... by LenniluvsBrian

12. A Day At The Mall... by LenniluvsBrian

13. Party Store & Lunch..... by LenniluvsBrian

14. First Day Of School..... by LenniluvsBrian

15. After School by LenniluvsBrian

16. Birthday Party Begins by LenniluvsBrian

17. BRIAN!!!!! (B-day Party Con't) by LenniluvsBrian

18. Gifts! And Wandering A Lil' Too Far... (B-day Party Con't) by LenniluvsBrian

19. A.J. & Ashlynn In Trouble... (End of B-day Party Day) by LenniluvsBrian

20. Ornery Day...... by LenniluvsBrian

The Adoption..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: This was co-written by me & Shelley. Also, the other Boys won't be in the story for a few more chapters. After that, I'm sure they'll be there frequently. Disclaimer: I only own Ashlynn & Isabella. Shelley owns Krissy. AJ & Kevin own themselves. Warning: Language.

Kevin put down his coffee, leaning against the breakfast bar and smiled at AJ as he came in.

"Good morning, Handsome."

AJ returns Kevin's smile. "Morning Sexy."

Kevin smiles broadly. What a great way to start a Saturday morning. That and the quickie they'd had in the shower. Good thing Krissy wasn't up yet. "So you ready to go to that foster home today?" he asked offering a cup of coffee to A.J.

“Yeah," AJ nods, taking the coffee. "How yah think Krissy will react?"

Kevin shakes his head.

"As long as we don't take away her toys, I don't think she'll mind too much."

AJ laughs. "I'll hafta agree with yah on that."

Kevin pulls out a skillet and looks over at AJ. "Want an omelet?"

AJ shakes his head. "Nah. Think I'm too nervous to eat."

He sits down to finish his coffee.

Kevin shrugs and starts making his breakfast. "Would you go get Krissy up?"

"Sure!" AJ grins, getting up and dumping his coffee into the sink. "Can't drink that anyway." He goes upstairs to Krissy's room and enters. He sits on the side of her bed and shakes her lightly. "Krissy, Baby. Time to wake up."

Krissy yawns and her eyes flutter open.

AJ reaches down and rubs her face lightly. "Hey Baby-Doll. Time to get up and have some breakie. We're going out soon."

Krissy sits up, rubbing her eyes. "Where we goin'?" she asks.

"Remember how we talked about getting you a brother or sister, Honey? We're gonna go get you one today," AJ tells her softly.

Krissy smiles. "Yea! We goin' to the sissy store!" she says having already decided she wants a sister.

AJ laughs. "Yes, Baby. Now, c'mon. Get up, get washed and dressed. We'll get you some McDonald's on the way, okay?"

Krissy crawls out from under her blankets and hops off her bed.

AJ smiles watching her.

"C'n I wear my Care Bears jumper?" she asks tugging open her dresser drawer that has panties and socks in it.

"Sure, Baby," AJ nods, getting up to find it for her. "But we gotta hurry."

Krissy pulls out panties and pulls them on. She waits patiently for Daddy to get her jumper and doesn't wiggle when he puts it on her.

Kevin stands at the bottom of the stairs. "C'mon, you two!" he calls.

"Hold your horses Kev!" AJ yells down. He quickly puts Krissy's hair into two pigtails, then carries her downstairs. "We owe this lil' lady some Mickey Dees."

AJ carries Krissy out to the car and buckles her into her booster seat in the back.

Kevin quickly joins them and hops into the driver's seat.

AJ cranks the stereo up as Kevin pulls out of the driveway. He sings along to children's songs with Krissy.

"Now, remember Krissy, you have to be nice when we get there," AJ reminds her, midst their singing.

Krissy giggles at Daddy. She's always mesmerized when he sings and she loves to watch BSB videos because they look funny.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she agrees.

AJ nods. "Good, good."

Kevin smiles at AJ as he turns onto the right street.

"Almost there," he says.

"Good," AJ says. "Don't think I can stand to wait too much longer."

Kevin laughs. "Daddy needs to learn patience, doesn't he?" he asks Krissy.

Krissy giggles. "Yup!"

"Hey!" AJ says. "No ganging up on me!"

Kevin drives up to the foster home, slowing down and keeping an eye out for kids.

"Finally!" AJ says.

Kevin pulls up to the curb and turns off the engine.

AJ gets out, getting Krissy.

Kevin holds AJ's hand and walks up to the front door. He knocks firmly and holds his breath.

A stout woman answers the door, looking a bit frazzled. "Hello?"

"LET ME GO YOU BASTARD!" A child yells in the background.

Kevin smiles. "Hi. I'm Kevin Richardson… " He began hearing the child and getting a little worried. "This is my husband AJ and our daughter Krissy. We're here to explore adopting one of the children in your care."

Krissy's confused. She thought they were going to a store. She leans into Daddy AJ's ear. "I thought we goin' to the sissy store," she whispers.

"Oh, yes. Come on in," The woman says, moving aside. "I'm Isabelle."

"Shh," AJ smiles. "This is sort of the sissy store, Baby."

"I SAID, LET GO!" The same child as before screams somewhere in the background. "I'LL KICK YOU IN THE F*CKING BALLS IF YOU DON'T!"

AJ covers Krissy's ears.

Kevin smiles and offers his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Isabelle," he says looking at Krissy, but grateful his husband is fast.

Krissy just looks confused.

AJ kisses Krissy's brow. "Don't frown, Baby Girl. You'll see what we mean."

Isabelle shakes Kevin's hand. "Please excuse the loud-mouth you hear. She never knows when or how to keep her mouth shut."

A loud slap was heard then, then a man cussing because he'd been kicked between the legs. "I WARNED YOU, BASTARD!" The child screamed, running out of the back room and into the front one. Her hair was frazzled looking and dark brown. She had piercing hazel eyes, and a tan complexion. She glared hard at Isabelle. "Keep that Bastard of a husband away from me!"

"Ashlynn!" Isabelle cried. "Watch your mouth, before I clean it out again! We have guests!"

Ashlynn glares hard at Kevin and AJ. "Cute kid," she says, spotting Krissy. "Bet she ain't f*cked up." She runs out of the room then, before she can get smacked.

Kevin blinks a few times in shock. "How old is... Ashlynn? Was it?"

Isabelle nods. "Ashlynn is eight, and been bounced from home to home her whole life. That child has a knack for causing trouble and for it coming to her on its own. She also has a mouth that has yet to be cleaned and needs it."

"I'll say," AJ mutters softly, shifting Krissy.

Kevin nods, but he's intrigued. Ashlynn needs loving parenting like the desert needs water. "Do you think she'd be willing to talk to us?" he asks.

Krissy, getting impatient, starts to wiggle around, trying to get out of AJ's arms.

"I can try to get her out here to talk. She might not want to though. She's been out of here a few times, but always returned to the system, seeing as no one can handle her," Isabelle says, leaving to go find Ashlynn.

AJ tickles Krissy lightly. "Hold on, Baby Doll."

Krissy frowns, but settles down again.

Kevin smiles and tickles his daughter too.

AJ kisses her head. "There's a girl."

"She really needs somebody, AJ," he says to his husband softly.

"Yes, she does," AJ agrees. "That and a good solid spanking."

Krissy starts to whimper, thinking they're talking about her. "I sorry," she says, her lip trembling.

Isabelle re-enters the room then, dragging a struggling Ashlynn along by the hand. "Now, Ashlynn, these nice gentlemen have asked to speak with you. Be nice, or you'll get more than just a slap."

"Pff. Ri-ight," Ashlynn scoffs, but looks up at AJ and Kevin.

"No. No. Not you, Honey," A.J. whispers to Krissy.

Kevin reaches over and rubs Krissy's back to reassure her before taking a step towards Ashlynn. "Hi, Ashlynn," he says in the most friendly voice he has.

"Hi," Ashlynn says sharply. "What the f*ck do you want?"

AJ rolls his eyes, covering Krissy's ears again.

Kevin takes a deep breath. "Just to say hi. AJ and I are planning on adopting someone about your age and I think Krissy here wants a sister in particular so we thought we'd let you interview us and see if maybe you'd want to hang out," he says.

"Don't f*cking care," Ashlynn snaps. "Yah either want me or yah don't - usually always don't. Take your f*cking pick. I'm willin' to go along with either."

AJ nods to Kevin, stating silently this was the one he wanted.

Ashlynn wouldn't admit to them she thought Krissy was adorable in her jumper.

Kevin smiles. "Well in that case, we'll take you," he says, but turns to Krissy first. "Krissy? Is this sissy okay?" he asks.

AJ looks at Krissy as well.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn and pretends to think, her little finger tapping the bottom of her chin. "Yes," she finally agrees.

Isabelle looks shocked beyond belief that they actually wanted the rebellious child.

Kevin just smiles and turns back to Isabelle. "Anything we need to sign?"

Isabelle quickly hands him a couple sheets of paper. "Just these, then she's all yours. Long as she wants to stay after the two month trial period - provided you keep her that long."

Ashlynn just stands there in stunned silence, but staring at Krissy.

Kevin nods, listening as he signs the papers. "Are there any discipline rules we should know about?" he asks.

"No," Isabelle says. "You can punish her anyway you like, long as it isn't serious enough to class as abuse or neglect."

Ashlynn scowls upon hearing that.

Kevin nods. "Okay," he says and hands the papers back to Isabelle. He turns to Ashlynn. "Do you have anything to bring with you?" he asks.

Ashlynn's eyes are still wide, as she nods slightly. She runs off to get her lone Teddy Bear, returning moments later.

"Good luck," Isabelle says. "You'll need it."

Kevin smiles. "I'm sure we'll do just fine," he says confidently, even though he's a little busy.

Isabelle nods. "Alright. Enjoy."

Ashlynn eyes AJ and Kevin warily, not understanding why two men are adopting her.

Kevin smiles. "Ladies, first," he says motioning for Ashlynn to go first.

Ashlynn goes out the door, hugging her Bear tightly.

AJ follows her out, carrying Krissy still.

Krissy claps happily. "Yea! We got a sissy! Wanna seep in my room?" she asks.

"No!" Ashlynn snaps. "Been sharing a f*cking room my whole f*cked up life."

Kevin leads them all to the car and opens the back door for Ashlynn. "Can you talk like a big girl, Krissy?" he asks.

AJ sighs, placing Krissy into her booster seat.

Krissy frowns and closes up physically, becoming very quiet.

AJ kisses Krissy's head. "Don't worry Baby Doll. She's never had a sister or Daddies before. You'll like her and she'll play when she's ready, okay?"

Kevin looks at Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, would you please not use the f-word?" he asks. "It isn't right for a five year old to hear and it's not right for an eight year old to say," he explains patiently.

Krissy just nods.

Ashlynn rolls her eyes. "What the f*ck ever," she says, getting into the car.

AJ kisses Krissy's head once more, then goes around to get in the passenger's seat.

Ashlynn buckles up and hugs her Bear tighter to her chest.

Kevin looks at AJ. "Maybe we should drop Krissy at your Mom's for the rest of the day?" he suggests quietly.

AJ nods. "Yeah. As excited as Krissy is, I don't know if having her around Ashlynn is good just yet."

Kevin nods and starts up the car. "Ashlynn, we'll drop Krissy off at Gramma's and then hit the mall," he explains. "Doesn't look like you have much in the way of clothes or toys."

"I want her to stay!" Ashlynn snaps, not wanting Krissy to leave.

AJ raises his eyebrows slightly.

"She's my f*cking sister, is she not?" Ashlynn adds, feeling angry they'd want to take away the only thing making her like them right then.

Kevin nods. "Yes, Ashlynn, she is your sister. But you're choosing to use foul language in front of her and towards her. That's not going to make her happy so I'm not going to have her around just to be upset. If you can stop using the f-word, we'll take Krissy with us," he says.

"Fine!" Ashlynn growls. She goes back to staring out the window, not really in the mood for shopping, but wanting things nonetheless.

"Thank-you," AJ says.

Kevin smiles. "Is there any kind of music you like?" Kevin asks.

Krissy looks up. "Yer songs," she says.

Kevin smiles back at his little one. "We're letting Ashlynn choose today."

"How the Hell should I know?" Ashlynn snaps. "Never had a f* - flippin' radio before!"

"Well, our songs it is then," AJ says, flipping the CD in.

Kevin glances at AJ. She'd caught herself. Kevin wasn't real wild about hell either, but one thing at a time.

AJ just raises his eyebrows.

Krissy sings along quietly -- getting some words wrong.

Ashlynn picks up the words quickly, and corrects Krissy every so often on the bigger words.

Krissy nods, acknowledging her big sister and then makes a special point to say it right next time.

Mall & 1st Punishment by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hope y'all are liking this story thus far. Disclaimer: I only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Brian & AJ own themselves. Warning: Language & Corporal Punishment.

Kevin smiles over at AJ.

Ashlynn tries not to smile at the tiny girl next to her.

AJ smiles back at Kevin as they reach the mall.

Kevin gets out and looks at AJ over the top of the car. "Should we bring the stroller?" he asks.

Krissy frowns as she tries to get herself unbuckled. "No! No stroller! I'm a big girl!"

"Nah," AJ says, shaking his head.

Ashlynn lets Krissy free.

Krissy smiles at Ashlynn. "Fank you, Ashlynn," she says politely.

Ashlynn gives her a small tight smile and opens the door for her to get out.

Krissy climbs out of the car and bounces impatiently, looking at the mall doors longingly.

Kevin notices the five year old. "Kristine... you stay right here," he says firmly. He knows she likes to wander off.

Ashlynn gets out her side of the car then, looking around amazed.

Kevin turns to Ashlynn. "So... Ashlynn, what colors do you like?" he asks as they all start heading for the department store.

AJ goes and takes Krissy's hand in his.

"Blue, red, black," Ashlynn answers. "And purple! Love purple!"

Kevin smiles. "I love purple," he says. "Especially that really deep, almost black shade of purple."

Ashlynn nods slightly. She runs on ahead, not having had really gone to a mall before.

AJ scoops Krissy up. "Well, looks like I'll hafta carry you, Baby. Your sissy's fast."

Kevin jogs after her. "Ashlynn, wait up, kiddo," he says.

Ashlynn glares up at him, then runs into a clothing store, and tries things on over her clothes. She didn't like being naked in change rooms and stuff - it scared her.

AJ takes Krissy to look at some things in her size.

Ashlynn leaves a mess of clothes on the floor, seeing as she didn't want those ones - the ones she did want, she threw into a nearby cart.

Once done picking out her clothes, Ashlynn shoves the cart at Kevin, then runs out of the store and back into the mall.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn!" he calls after her and leaves the cart, sprinting after his new daughter.

Ashlynn runs into a toy store, and quickly fills up a cart there. She'd made sure to grab stuff for her new little sister as well.

It doesn't take too long for him to catch up and he grabs her by the upper arm. "Slow down," he says pulling her to a stop.

AJ pays for the clothes and has them taken out to the car. He then carries Krissy along, so that they can enjoy themselves too.

Krissy looks around. "Where Daddy and sissy go?" she asks.

Ashlynn glares daggers up at him angrily.

"I think Ashlynn ran to get some toys, Honey."

Kevin looks at her perturbed. "You're not scaring me so just stop it with the glaring," he says. "Don't you want to get some nice things?" he asks.

Krissy grins. "Toys?" she asks excitedly.

Ashlynn points to her cart full of toys. "Want those," she says flatly. It was mostly all Barbies and Ninja Turtles action figures and accessories. Though, she had thrown some stuffed toys in along with legos.

"Yes, Honey, "AJ nods. "And I'm sure you can get away with one."

Kevin nods. "Okay," he agrees. "But what about your clothes?" he asks. "And why are you running around everywhere?"

"'Cause I can!" Ashlynn snaps. "And the clothes were in the cart! I'm sure the other jackass has already paid for them."

Kevin raises his eyebrows. "Should you really be using that word to describe your new father?" he asks.

"Use whatever f*cking word I want!" Ashlynn snaps. "Now can we get the f*cking toys and go?"

AJ walks in with Krissy then. "See? There they are."

Krissy smiles. "Toys!" She exclaims eyeing the Care Bears.

AJ laughs and takes her to look at the Care Bears.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, Ashlynn. The toys and clothes are going to wait. We're going home to get some things straightened out," he says.

Ashlynn glares up at him, giving him the finger angrily. He didn't know it, but she'd already pocketed some small things she wanted to give to Krissy.

AJ looks over at Kev silently telling him the clothes had already been bought and paid for.

Krissy points to a Loyal Heart Dog. "C'n I have him?"

"Sure Sweetheart," AJ says, handing him to her. "I think we're going to go home now." He takes her to the checkout line to pay for the Care Bear Cousin.

Kevin takes a deep breath. This was supposed to be a good idea. "Come on, Ashlynn," he says and takes her by the arm. As they pass AJ, he stops. "We'll meet you two back at the car," he says quietly."

Ashlynn looks up at Kevin, and after having had made sure there were lots of people around, began to throw a huge ass tantrum. She starts to scream as she's dragged along. She wanted toys. "NO! I WANT MY F*CKING TOYS! I WANT 'EM! I WANT 'EM! I WANT 'EM!" She screams louder and louder while struggling with him angrily.

AJ nods, and pays for Krissy's toy. "Let's go grab a cookie or two, Honey," He says, heading for the food court.

Krissy grins. "I like cookies," she tells him as if this was news.

Kevin sighs and continues to urge Ashlynn along. "Tantrums aren't changing a thing, young lady," he says sternly.

AJ laughs. "I know, Sweetheart." He goes and gets them some cookies.

Ashlynn just keeps throwing a huge ass fit, screaming loud as she can, while trying to kick and hit him everywhere and anywhere she can.

AJ reaches the car a few minutes later. "Ready to go Kev?" He asks. "Think Krissy and I are done shopping for today."

He places Krissy into her booster seat, handing her, her new Care Bear Cousin.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn with fright in her eyes. She'd never seen a big kid throw a tantrum.

Ashlynn finally hits Kevin a few times, then gets in the back of the car next to Krissy. She clutches her Teddy Bear tightly once more - for some reason, she didn't like scaring the tiny girl next to her in the backseat.

AJ gets in the car again, just waiting on Kevin, so that they could go home and deal with their new daughter appropriately.

Kevin sighs plopping down in the driver's seat. "I agree," he says to AJ.

AJ lets the music play, but stays quiet as he thinks on the way home. He just hoped him and Kevin were doing right by taking Ashlynn in.

Kevin drives them home as quickly as possible.

Ashlynn grumbles into her Bear the whole way.

Krissy's distress makes her quiet and it's not long before she's drifting off.

Once home AJ got Krissy out of the car, and decided to take her up to her room. He takes her up and puts the small child to bed, making sure to tuck her in good, so she won't fall out.

Ashlynn, who'd kicked the back of the front seats the whole way home, was still grumbling.

"Come on, Ashlynn," Kevin says sternly, opening her door.

"F*ck you!" Ashlynn snaps, clinging to her Teddy.

AJ kisses Krissy's head, then heads back downstairs to see how Kevin was doing with the new addition to their family.

Kevin reaches in and lifts her out of the SUV.

"I will not be talked to like that, Ashlynn," he tells her firmly.

Ashlynn struggles with him best she can, cursing up a storm. "F*ck off! Put me the f*ck down, asshole!"

Some of the items she'd stolen from the store began to fall out of her pockets.

Kevin delivers several hard spanks to her bottom.

Then he notices the merchandise on the floor of the garage.

Ashlynn starts to scream. "OWW! STOP IT! OWW!"

"A thief to boot," he says not completely surprised but completely disappointed.

AJ enters the garage then. "Need any help?" He asks, eyeing the things on the floor and shaking his head.

Kevin nods. "Could you pick those up, put them in a bag and bring them in?" he asks. "And is Krissy sleeping?" he asks as he carries Ashlynn into the house.

"Alright," AJ nods. "And yeah. I put her to bed in her room. She was exhausted." He starts picking the toys up and placing them in a bag, before he follows Kevin inside.

Ashlynn still screams and struggles with him, as she curses.

Kevin takes Ashlynn into the living room and sits on the couch with her. "You can calm down and we'll talk or you can keep this up and I'll spank you until you're ready to talk."

Ashlynn still just screams, curses, and struggles with him angrily. She was pissed and confused all at once.

AJ shakes his head, entering the room and dropping the bag on the coffee table.

Kevin sighs. "Alright, young lady."

"Need anything for it?" AJ asks.

Ashlynn still puts up a fight.

Kevin turns Ashlynn over his lap and starts applying good hard spanks to her covered bottom.

Ashlynn just screams louder and struggles more, cursing as tears stream down her face. She'd dropped her Teddy Bear, and was terrified they'd take it away and never give it back. She leans down a bit further and bites Kevin's leg - hard.

Kevin shakes his head. "We'll see," he says.

Ashlynn bites him again a few more times, still putting up the same struggle.

"Yee-ow!" he exclaims in surprise.

AJ raises his eyebrows. "Oh, I think we've seen Kev."

Kevin nods. "You're right," he agrees. "I'm taking recommendations," he says while he continues to spank Ashlynn.

"Brush? Ruler? Stick? Belt?" AJ rambles. "I don't know. What do you feel like using?"

Ashlynn screams even louder. "OWW!" She howls at the top of her lungs. "STOP IT! F*CKING STOP!"

She keeps biting Kevin when she can.

Kevin pulls her up and holds onto her, getting a little breathless. "Let's try soap in the mouth first," he says and picks her up, carrying her into the kitchen and plopping her down on the breakfast bar.

AJ nods and gets him some fresh soap. "Here Kev."

Ashlynn still struggles, and everything. She's more pissed now, as her bottom hurts.

Kevin takes the soap and lathers up a washcloth. Then he puts it in Ashlynn's mouth while she's screaming.

Ashlynn fights with him trying to get it out of her mouth. It was the most disgusting thing she had ever tasted in her life. She starts to gag, as tears begin to fall down her face again.

AJ watches silently, as the young girl keeps trying to kick Kevin right square.

Kevin keeps it there, dodging her deftly. "You're going to have this in your mouth until you're ready to stop cussing and stop biting," he says firmly.

Ashlynn starts to cry harder, wanting it out of her mouth before she threw up. She gags a bit more.

He turns to AJ. "You know where the leather paddle is in the office?" he asks. They'd agreed not to use it on Krissy till she was older, but it was very appropriate for Ashlynn.

"Are you ready to calm down?" he asks Ashlynn.

AJ nods. "Will do," he says, leaving to go and get it. He returns with it shortly.

Ashlynn nods slightly, still extremely upset, pissed, confused and everything.

She wasn't used to being punished for her bad behaviour.

Kevin takes the soapy rag out of her mouth. "Now, would you like to talk?" he asks her.

Ashlynn leans over to spit, wanting the disgusting taste out of her mouth. "No!" She snaps, glaring at him through her tears.

"And where the f* - hell is Teddy? "She demands.

Kevin shrugs. "Okay, back to spanking," he says setting her on the kitchen floor and starting to take down her jeans.

Ashlynn grabs hold of her jeans. "NO!" She screams.

"Your teddy bear is over by the couch. It's perfectly safe and you'll get him back when you're ready to be a good girl."

AJ shakes his head. "Kid, you don't get a say in the matter."

Kevin is much bigger than Ashlynn and it doesn't matter if she resists. He soon has her jeans and panties down. He spins her around to face the breakfast bar, and holds her there.

"AJ, the paddle, please," he says holding his hand open.

AJ hands him the paddle. "Here. Whack her some for me too."

Ashlynn struggles to break free, wanting to be left alone and to cuddle with her Teddy.

Kevin takes the paddle and starts spanking Ashlynn with the paddle on her bare bottom.

Ashlynn starts to scream bloody murder as her bottom is spanked. She cusses a bit through her screams, but not as much as before.

"Ashlynn Lee Richardson you need to understand some things, missy," he says sternly as he spanks her. "You are a little girl. More importantly, you're *our* little girl."

"Exactly!" AJ pipes up. "Ours."

"Cussing is not okay, yelling is not okay, hitting and biting and kicking are not okay."

"THEY ARE SO!" Ashlynn manages to scream.

"No, they're not," AJ answers.

"We are not going to send you back so if you're being naughty just so we will, you can stop it right now."

"I F*CKING HATE YOU!" Ashlynn screams. "YOU WILL SEND ME BACK! THEY ALWAYS F*CKING DO!"

"Well, we aren't going to," AJ snaps slightly. "That's a promise. We're just going to paddle your bottom until you learn to behave and treat us and your sister with some damned respect!"

Kevin shoots AJ a look. "AJ, don't use that word either," he says.

AJ shuts up then. "Sorry. Kid's got my shorts in a knot."

He leaves to go check on Krissy then.

Ashlynn screams louder and louder - not caring anymore.

She was starting to throw another tantrum.

Kevin just keeps paddling that bare bottom in front of him. "I can do this all day, Ashlynn," he says. "Or we can talk. You tell me when."

Krissy has gotten up and is playing tea party with most of the Care Bears.

Ashlynn starts trying to hit him with her fists, as she stands there bent over getting the spanking of her life. She just keeps screaming louder until her throat hurts. "OWW! STOP IT! STOP! STOP! STO-OP! OWW!"

AJ smiles upon entering Krissy's room. "Hey, Baby Doll. Can Daddy play too?"

Krissy grins. "Okay!" she agrees.

AJ kisses her head and sits down in a small chair to play. "Now, who shall I be? Lady Camelot?"

Krissy nods. "Yep! Do you want some tea?" she asks very properly.

"Why, yes, thank-you," AJ answers smiling.

Kevin stops for a minute, his arm getting a little tired.

Ashlynn chooses that moment to squirm and hit him right square.

He takes Ashlynn by the arm and takes her back to the couch.

Ashlynn breaks free and runs for her Teddy.

Kevin follows her and picks her up, removing the teddy bear from her grasp. "I told you, you can have him when you're ready to be a good girl."

"I WANT MY TEDDY!" Ashlynn screams hysterically. "GIVE ME TEDDY! I WANT MY TEDDY!" She starts to act worse than before, wanting her beloved friend back.

Kevin holds her in one hand and the teddy in the other. "I'll give him back if you're willing to sit down and talk to me."

"NO!" Ashlynn screams. "GIVE ME TEDDY! I WANT TEDDY! NOW!"

Kevin shakes his head and puts the teddy on his recliner before returning to the couch with Ashlynn.

"More spanking it is," he says and turns her over his lap.

Ashlynn throws an even bigger fit, now that she's not been permitted her Bear.

Kevin spanks her harder with the paddle than before and holds her tight.

"OWW!!!" Ashlynn shrieks.

Krissy serves Daddy tea and pretend cookies. "Ashlynn doesn' like us?" She asks.

"I think Ashlynn does like us, Honey, and that that scares her," AJ says softly, taking his tea and cookies. "I think she's scared that if she likes us, we'll just send her away like all her other mommies and daddies did."

Krissy looks confused. "Maybe she need ice cream?" she suggests because that's the solution to all of Krissy's problems.

Kevin continues spanking Ashlynn. Her bottom is magenta and he knows he'll have to let up soon.

AJ chuckles. "No. Not this time, Honey." He reaches over to ruffle her hair. "I think she just needs Daddy to give her a good spanking to calm her down."

"OWW!" Ashlynn wails. "IT HURTS! IT HURTS!"

Kevin nods. "It does, Ashlynn. It's supposed to. You've been very naughty," he says. "Stealing is wrong. Your language is wrong and the way you've treated your new daddies is wrong."

Krissy frowns. "I don' like spanking."

"Neither does Ashlynn, Baby," AJ says, giving her a warm smile. "And you're being good, so you won't need one for quite a while."

Ashlynn sobs. "I WANT TEDDY!"

Krissy smiles at that and pours Daddy some more tea. "What for lunch?" she asks.

"Cookies right now, Honey," AJ answers smiling.

Kevin puts the paddle down and gently lifts Ashlynn up. He quickly retrieves her teddy bear and hands it to her before gathering her in a tight hug.

Ashlynn sits rigidly in his arms, hugging her Teddy Bear to her chest tightly as she sobs.

Krissy giggles.

Kevin rocks her and holds her tight. "I know you're scared, Ashlynn. I know. Cry it out if you want. Daddy isn't going anywhere," he says softly in her ear.

Ashlynn bursts into even more tears upon hearing the last bit. She was terrified they were going to leave her after everything that had happened - and everything she knew would still happen.

She still wouldn't cuddle with him though - only her Teddy.

Kevin just holds her. "Do you want to take a nap?" he asks.

Ashlynn justs sits there quietly, crying still. She was terrified - and had been terrified of not getting her Bear back. She hugs her Teddy tighter than before, as if daring Kevin to try and take it from her again.

"You want to go down and get a snack?" AJ asks Krissy. "I think it's okay to go down now."

Krissy nods. "C'n I have lunch?" she asks putting away her toys.

"Yes," AJ nods. "Let's go make us all some lunch."

Kevin gently unfolds Ashlynn. "C'mon, little one. Let me take you up to your new room and you can relax a little."

Ashlynn sniffles.

Krissy takes Daddy's hand and follows him out.

AJ leads Krissy downstairs and into the kitchen. He sets her up on the counter, so that they can make some lunch together.

Kevin stands up and gently lifts Ashlynn up too. "C'mon," he encourages her.

Kevin looks up and smiles at AJ and Krissy.

Ashlynn suddenly has an impulse to cling to him and does so, still not letting go of her Bear.

AJ raises his eyebrows when he spots them.

Kevin smiles and holds onto Ashlynn tighter. "Okay...how about a movie?" he suggests.

Ashlynn sniffles, though she nods against his chest. Wasn't often she got to watch movies.

Krissy opens the cabinets for Daddy and points to the macaroni and cheese.

AJ smiles. "Alright Lil' One. Mac n cheese it is."

Kevin nods and sets Ashlynn back down on the couch gently.

"I'll be right back," he promises and goes over to the entertainment center. "How about Aladdin?" he asks. "Or maybe Beauty and the Beast?" he asks. "You're as pretty as Belle," he tells Ashlynn.

"I'm Aurora!" Krissy pipes up as she watches Daddy make the mac 'n cheese.

Ashlynn curls up into a lil' ball, still naked from the waist down. Her eyes well up with tears when she's told she's pretty.

"Yes, Princess," AJ smiles, adding cheese to the macaroni.

Ashlynn had never been told she was pretty before, and hugged her Bear tighter. "Beast," she whispers.

Kevin nods. "Beast it is," he agrees and puts it in. Then he goes back to the kitchen and picks up Ashlynn's clothes. "Do you want to get dressed?" he asks her. "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" he adds.

Ashlynn just shakes her head no. She just wanted to watch the movie and hug her Teddy.

AJ finishes lunch, and sends Krissy into the living room with a bowl of mac n cheese. He then comes out with three more bowls. "Lunch is served."

Kevin nods and folds the clothes, laying them on the back of the couch.

He sits back down next to Ashlynn and offers himself as a pillow as the movie starts.

Ashlynn uses him as her pillow, quietly lying there curled up in a tight lil' ball, with her Bear.

Krissy comes into the living room and sits on the floor with her lunch.

AJ sets Kevin and Ashlynn's bowls on the coffee table, and sits in the chair to eat his.

Kevin takes his lunch and Ashlynn's. "Thank you, baby," he says smiling at AJ.

"No problem," AJ grins.

Krissy turns back to Daddy. "C'n I have soda?" she asks.

"If you're very careful with it," AJ says, getting up to get one for her.

AJ comes back, handing Krissy her soda. "Here Baby Doll." He then sits back down in his chair to eat.

Krissy grins and takes it with both hands. What a good day! Soda's a treat!

Ashlynn snuggles closer to Kevin, popping a thumb into her mouth.

Kevin holds her close and rubs her back as the movie starts.

Ashlynn falls asleep a few minutes into the movie.

AJ looks over to see how they're doing. "Think yah wore her out Kev," he chuckles.

Kevin smiles, pulling a blanket off the back of the couch and covering her with it.

"Yeah," he answers. "You know, Bone, I don't think she really knows right from wrong in a lot of cases," he says.

"I'm thinking that too," AJ agrees. "I don't think anyone ever took the time to show her, nor discipline her when she was naughty."

Ashlynn starts to snore softly, thumb still in her mouth, her Bear clutched to her chest tightly.

Kevin shakes his head. "This is going to be a long haul," he says. "And I don't think we can keep Krissy from hearing everything that comes out of her mouth."

"Yes, well, I think she tries to stop some things coming out when Krissy's near," AJ says. "She did stop herself twice, if I remember correctly."

Ashlynn squirms slightly.

Kevin nods. "Looks like Krissy's gonna be our leverage," he says.

"Yeah," AJ agrees nodding. "Long as she doesn't pick up Ashlynn's foul mouth."

Krissy was about to turn around and promise Daddy she'd be a good girl when she knocked over the sprite she'd been given.

"Krissy!" AJ says. "You promised to be careful."

He gets up to clean up her mess.

He hands her a new cup of soda, but doesn't give her as much this time.

Krissy frowns. "I'm sorry," she says quietly.

"It's alright, Baby. Just be more careful this time," AJ says, ruffling her hair before sitting back down in his chair. "Daddy's not giving you any more soda if you knock it over again."

Krissy nods and goes back to watching her movie.

AJ looks over at Kevin and Ashlynn again. "Think she'll behave for a while now?"

Kevin shrugs. "I honestly don't know. I didn't really get her to promise to behave in the first place. But if I kept spanking her, she'd have bruised and we can't abuse her."

"Of course not!" AJ says. "I wouldn't want to abuse either of the girls. They're too precious."

Kevin nods and squeezes Ashlynn gently. "I've been thinking...she's likely to try and ditch school. We can have her walk Krissy to school in the mornings and your Mom can pick her up in the afternoon. I don't think she'll ditch the morning if she has to walk Krissy."

"Can't say she won't ditch during, then show up for a ride home though," AJ chuckles.

Kevin sighs. "So what do we do?" he asks AJ.

"Paddle her butt, until she learns to stay there all day," AJ shrugs. "I don't know."

Kevin nods. "I wonder if your mom would be willing to home-school her for awhile," he thinks out loud.

Krissy lays down and looks at her Daddies upside down. "I wanna go to school at Gramma's!" she announces.

Explaining Things..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Please review if you read this fic. Thank-you! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Language & Corporal Punishment.

Ashlynn still snores softly, curled up on the couch.

Kevin shrugs.

"Maybe we could figure out a way to work from here. "

"Maybe," AJ says. "All I know is that she's going to be hard to handle, after seeing how she's behaved since we got her this morning."

Kevin nods. "But it only makes me want to keep her more."

"Same here," AJ smiles. "She needs us more than she knows or thinks."

Krissy's set her empty bowl and soda off to the side and is lying in the middle of the floor, watching the movie.

Ashlynn squirms slightly.

Kevin nods again. "Do you think an eight year old is too young for a belt?"

Kevin squeezes her gently and kisses the top of her head.

AJ shrugs. "Long as we don't use it too much, it should be okay. But, I'd start with smaller things first, and work our way up to that - need it be so."

Kevin nods. "I hope biting my leg was a one time thing," he says. "Because I can't hold her place very well in other positions."

Krissy looks back and shakes her head. "Biting is not nice," she recites having had a problem with that a few years ago.

AJ chuckles. "Well, I hope for your sake it is only a one time thing." He leans over to ruffle Krissy's hair. "Yes, it is wrong, Baby Girl. It's good you remember that."

Kevin reaches forward and gets his own lunch.

He looks back at Kevin. "I think our girls will need baths later though. One looks like she hasn't had one in quite a while." He nods towards the sleeping Ashlynn.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" he asks AJ. "Other than taking the stolen toys back to the store."

Kevin nods. "Definitely."

Krissy's eyes light up. "I like baths!"

AJ shakes his head slightly. "Do we even know why she stole those things?" He smiles down at Krissy again. "You just like being a Mermaid and playing with your toys."

Krissy giggles and goes back to her movie.

Kevin smiles but then turns back to AJ, shaking his head. "None whatsoever."

AJ sighs slightly. "So, how are we returning the stuff? Is she going to go to apologize?"

Ashlynn's slowly starting to wake up, as her bottom's throbbing.

Kevin nods. "Yeah. Don't know how it's going to go over, but that's what the plan is."

"Soon as she wakes?" AJ asks. "I can stay here and give the Little Mermaid a bath, then prepare dinner or whatever."

Ashlynn grumbles slightly, as she wakes up. She curses softly, realizing her bottom was still sore from before.

Krissy grins and hops up running over to AJ. "Yeah! Let's take a bath now!"

AJ laughs. "You don't wanna watch the end of the movie first?"

Kevin looks down and smoothes the hair away from Ashlynn's face. "Ashlynn...sweetie? You waking up?" he asks softly.

Krissy shakes her head. Playing in the water is MUCH more important than the movie.

Ashlynn nods her head silently, as she shifts slightly.

"Alright. You can have your bath now, Princess," AJ smiles. "Soon as you take your things to the kitchen."

Krissy lets her lip fall out, hoping to get leniency through cuteness.

"Nuh-uh Munchkin," AJ says. "You know the rules. But, if you take your stuff to the kitchen, I'll put in extra, extra bubbles."

Kevin helps Ashlynn get up as much as she wants. "So does your bear have a name?" he asks quietly.

Krissy immediately goes back to her bowl and practically runs with it into the kitchen.

"Sammy..." Ashlynn whispers softly, wincing slightly.

She gets it up on the counter and then sprints back to her sprite, picking it up and walking as quickly as possible so she doesn't spill, takes it back to the kitchen.

"Okay! Bath time!" she says waiting near the hall to head upstairs.

Kevin smiles. "Sammy's a good name," he says.

AJ laughs. "Good luck Kev," he smiles, going and picking Krissy up, to take her upstairs.

Ashlynn nods, giving her Bear a squeeze.

Kevin looks into Ashlynn's eyes. "You and Sammy look out for each other, don't you?" he asks.

AJ sets Krissy down once upstairs and tells her to go grab her pajamas, while he runs her bath.

Krissy picks out a nightgown with My Little Ponies on it.

Ashlynn tears up slightly, as she nods again. Sammy took care of her when she got scared - hence why she didn't like people taking him from her.

"Extra, extra bubbles are in!" AJ calls.

Krissy runs into the bathroom and hands the nightgown to Daddy. She'd forgotten panties, but her mind was on the bath.

Kevin smiles. "Did you and Sammy ever talk about wanting to get a nice big house with lots of toys to live in?" he asks.

AJ shakes his head. "Guess we'll get your panties later, huh?"

Krissy giggles. "Oops!"

Ashlynn shrugs slightly. She'd never really thought about it - always figured she'd be stuck in social services.

AJ shakes his head slightly. "Well, let's get you in." He strips her down and sticks her in the tub. "You can play for about a half hour or so, then we need to get you clean."

Krissy nods and starts playing very happily.

AJ sits there watching her play, splashing her every so often.

Kevin nods. "I see. Well do you have any objections to one?" he asks. "Of course Sammy has to agree too, but AJ and I are happy to have you call this home if you two are cool with that."

Ashlynn leans into him quietly, too scared to crawl into his lap completely - too sore too. She sniffles, clutching Sammy even tighter.

Kevin lifts her up and gently sets her on his lap. "Never had a daddy, have you?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head quietly.

Kevin hugs her warmly and rocks her a little. "And now you've got two! What on Earth are you supposed to do with two?" he asks.

Ashlynn gives a small shrug. She didn't have a clue.

"Well I'll tell you what your two new daddies would like to do with you," he starts. "We'd like to give you a nice house to live in, nice toys to play with, nice clothes to wear, and most of all...we'd like you to know you're loved."

Ashlynn snuggles into him, sniffling a little bit.

Krissy plays with her bath toys for about five minutes and then spontaneously looks up. "C'n we not go to church tomorrow?" she asks.

AJ raises his eyebrows. "Why do you want to go to Church, Honey?"

Kevin holds her close. The poor kid just didn't feel safe! "But you know what? There are some rules about being in a family. And the thing about families is you can't decide you don't want to be in them, just because you don't like the rules. Because the rules are there to help you grow up into an amazing woman that people will want to be friends with."

Ashlynn scowls slightly. She'd never had any friends other than Sammy - she didn't see a point to wanting them anymore, so worked hard to drive any possibilities away.

She also hated rules - they were her biggest enemy! Well, other than water.

Kevin's not quite sure about the scowl. Probably the rules. "Know what else rules do?" he asks. "They help you get a job and a job means you can do whatever you want and buy whatever you want. You won't have to be cold or hungry or not have something fun to do. That's what's cool about a job. But you need rules as a kid so you can get a job when you're an adult."

Krissy shakes her head. "No, " she corrects him. "No church."

"We will see, Krissy," AJ says.

Krissy frowns. "It's boring," she tells him.

Ashlynn squirms then, wanting to be let go so she can run away from all the rules that surrounded her.

"It's important though, Baby," AJ says softly.

Kevin hugs her still. "But I know you're not used to rules so how about we start with just two?" he suggests.

Ashlynn shrugs indifferently, not really caring at this point.

Kevin wasn't expecting enthusiasm. "The two rules are that you are not allowed to cuss. That means no using the f-word, s-word, d-word, or h-word. And the second rule is that you're not allowed to steal. Stealing is a crime Ashlynn, and I know you're not a criminal, so no more stealing. Understand?"

Krissy's frown deepens. "But it's *boring*!" she exclaims as if Daddy wasn't listening to her.

"Krissy, I said we'll see," AJ says, growing a bit impatient.

Ashlynn grumbles a rude response.

She was not at all amused by these rules.

Krissy frowns and punches down into the water with her fists angrily, splashing water everywhere. Honestly, she didn't care about church. Heck, she liked to be dressed up, but Ashlynn had been naughty a lot and her daddies were always talking about Ashlynn so Krissy decided to match her new sister so she wouldn't be left out.

"Hey!" AJ says. "Control the temper Kristine."

Kevin continues. "Those are the rules. If you break the rules, Daddy AJ or I will spank your bare bottom just like I did earlier. I want you to understand that if we didn't care about you we'd just send you back to social services. Because we *do* care about you, we're going to teach you how to be a good girl."

Krissy just pouted, done playing, and very angry. "I don't wanna," she said firmly.

"Kristine Michelle," AJ says warily. "Don't make me have to take you out of this tub and spank you."

Ashlynn squirms and grumbles. "*F*ck no..." She mutters softly.

No one ever cared about her - ever.

Kevin quickly turns Ashlynn over on her tummy and spanks her bare, and probably sore bottom, five times. "I said no more cuss words, Ashlynn Lee Richardson."

Krissy just sits their angrily, not looking him in the eye.

Ashlynn starts to cry all over again. She wasn't liking this one bit - not at all. She leans down like she had earlier and bites his leg again.

"Kristine," AJ says in a warning tone. "We didn't forget about you because we were talking about Ashlynn."

This time, Kevin moves her far enough up that she can't bend that far and can't reach his leg with her mouth. And he continues to spank her.

Ashlynn screams as she cries. "OWW!"

She struggles with him even more, wanting the spanking to stop.

Kevin shakes his head. "You brought this on yourself, Ashlynn. Are you going to stop cussing?" he asks.

"NO!" Ashlynn screams at him. "Hell no!"

Krissy just whimpers. "She mad all the time," she says. "C'n we take her back an' get another?" she asks.

Kevin shrugs and keeps spanking the little bottom hard.

AJ sighs and smoothes Krissy's hair back. "Baby, she's mad because she's scared. She doesn't understand that we love her and want to keep her. You've always had Daddy and I to love you and teach you right from wrong. Ashlynn's never had anybody to do that for her - they all gave up. If we take her back, Baby Doll, we'll be like them - and we don't want that, okay?" He rubs her little face softly. "Give her a few more days to get used to us, alright? Can you do that, Honey?"

Ashlynn just keeps screaming and crying, amongst cuss words - she didn't know how to stop them from flying out of her mouth.

Kevin's at a loss. Most children don't want the discomfort of a spanking, that's why they stop the behavior. "I'm going to get the soapy rag back out, Ashlynn," he says firmly.

Ashlynn starts to cry harder then - she didn't like the soapy rag at all. "No!" She wails.

Krissy's eyes are teary. This day has been full and confusing for her. "Kay," she agrees moving to crawl out and onto Daddy's lap, despite the fact she's dripping wet and not yet clean.

AJ gives her a hug. "Okay. Now, how about we get you cleaned up, then dressed. You and I can play Barbies or something for a bit, then make dinner, alright?"

Kevin stops the spanking for a minute. "Then stop cussing," he says. "You're going to learn to use other words. Use heck in stead of the f-word," he suggests.

Ashlynn starts to squirm again, trying desperately to get away.

Krissy nods and sits back down in the tub.

Kevin holds her tight. "You can't get away, Ashlynn, so just stop. Now are you done cussing, because there's something to do before dinner."

AJ washes the little girl, so that she'll be all nice and clean. Once she's clean, he lifts her out and dries her off. "Okay. Now, do you want help into your jammies? Or are you going to try and do it yourself?"

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin lets Ashlynn up and gives her a hug. "Good girl," he says. "Very good girl. Now let's put your panties and jeans on. We're going back to the mall to take back what you stole."

Krissy just clings to Daddy. "You help," she mumbles.

Ashlynn scowls upon hearing that. She'd swiped that stuff for Krissy. "No," she says firmly.

AJ kisses Krissy's brow. "Alright, Baby," He says softly, helping her into her jammies.

Ashlynn crosses her arms over Sammy, glaring at Kevin angrily.

She even stamps her foot, then runs for the front door so she can try and escape - despite the fact she's without any pants.

Kevin takes a few steps and catches her. He holds her underneath his arm, bottom facing front and starts to spank as he goes back to the couch. "Not an option, Ashlynn," he says. "You stole. That's against the rules so you have to take them back."

Ashlynn starts to scream and cry again, but without the cussing. Sammy is clutched even tighter to her chest.

Krissy is practically climbing on him for him to hold her and her thumb is set in her mouth.

AJ smiles and picks Krissy up once she's dressed in her jammies. "Alright Baby. Let's you and I go play, okay?"

"Now, do you want more spanking or are we going back to the mall?" Kevin asks her.

Krissy nods. "Wanna play doctor?" she asks.

Ashlynn doesn't answer, as she tries to squirm down. She'd go to the mall, if it meant he'd stop spanking her.

"Sure!" AJ smiles warmly. "You're my favourite doctor!"

Krissy smiles, starting to feel better.

Kevin keeps spanking the little bottom. "Answer me, Ashlynn. Which are we going to do?" he asks.

AJ carries Krissy into her room and sets her down. "Alright Doctor, find your bag."

Ashlynn sobs harder then; her bottom was throbbing worse than ever. "Mall," she chokes out softly.

Krissy runs over to her toy box and pulls out the purple doctor bag Gramma McLean made for her. "Are you sick?" She asks Daddy.

Kevin immediately stops spanking.

AJ nods. "Yep," he says, giving a fake cough.

Ashlynn squirms down from his grasp, stomps on his foot, then runs for her pants.

She throws her pants and panties on, then grabs the bag of toys she'd stolen. She then attempts to run upstairs to find Krissy and give them to her.

She manages to reach the top of the stairs, then runs down the hall to where she can hear Krissy and AJ talking. She runs in and drops the bag at Krissy's feet.

Krissy is about to take Daddy's temperature and then looks up in surprise.

Kevin's about five seconds behind Ashlynn trying not to limp.

AJ raises his eyebrows, eyeing Ashlynn warily. "Those are going back to the mall, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn shakes her head, and dumps them out for Krissy.

Krissy grins. "But I like toys," She tells Daddy, very confused.

"Yes, but those aren't yours, and they aren't Ashlynn's," AJ says, mad Ashlynn had brought them up for Krissy.

Kevin grabs Ashlynn by the waist and tucks her under his arm again.

"The child locks are installed in her room, right, Alex?" he asks over his shoulder as he leaves Krissy's room.

Ashlynn starts to cry all over again. She'd been trying to make a point.

AJ nods. "Yeah. They're installed."

He picks the toys Ashlynn had dumped out back up, and sticks them back in the bag, tying it shut.

Krissy looks at the bag longingly, her lip trembling. This was so over stimulating.

AJ sighs. He was not happy Ashlynn had now ruined everything with Krissy - he'd a feeling she was going to throw a fit soon, as everything was so confusing. He sticks Krissy in his lap. "Baby Doll, Ashlynn took those toys from the store without asking either Daddy or I first. We have to take them back, and make her say sorry, okay?"

Kevin takes Ashlynn to her new room and deposits her on the bed. "We're not taking you back, Ashlynn. You're going to live here until you're 18. That's ten years. It's up to you if they're good or if they're bad. But until you decide to behave and listen, you're getting a spanking every 3 hours and you'll be eating in here and you won't be seeing your sister. When you're ready to try and be a good girl, let me know and we'll get through this together."

With that he closes the door, locks it and goes back to Krissy's room.

The Hospital..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hope y'all are liking this fic! If y'all think the rating should be higher than PG, please let me know. Thanks! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Possibly Language.

Ashlynn starts to wail, clinging to Sammy. She runs to her door and tries to open it, but finding it locked shut, she starts to bang on it.

Krissy nods. She understands but she's so overwhelmed and she can't stop from crying.

AJ rubs her back. "Shh. Don't cry, Baby Doll. Shh." He hugs her closer to him.

Ashlynn soon throws a fit, grabbing things and throwing them about the room - lamps and all. She's hysterical, not wanting to be locked up and spanked every three hours. And most importantly, she wanted to see her sister.

Kevin looks at AJ helplessly. "I think we should call your Mom and have her come get Krissy," he says.

AJ nods. "Think it's going to be a while, before she can play with her new sister."

Krissy looks up and shakes her head violently. "Noooo!" she wails. "I don't wanna leave!" She holds onto AJ tighter as she sobs into his shirt.

AJ sighs and hugs her closer. "Shh. Honey, we love you too. But, Ashlynn's just going to upset you if you stay."

"You like her more," Krissy says thinking that's why *she* has to go to Gramma's and not Ashlynn.

Ashlynn starts banging on the door again, once everything possible has been thrown and smashed. She cries out in pain, when she cuts her feet on pieces of the broken lamps.

"No, Baby. We love you just as much," AJ says softly. "We just don't want Ashlynn to hurt you. We want you to be safe."

"DADDY!" Ashlynn wails, as her feet start to bleed.

AJ raises his eyebrows up at Kevin.

Kevin sighs, but goes back to Ashlynn's room and opens the door.

"What's wrong?" he asks her taking every ounce of energy left in him to not seem irritated.

Ashlynn lifts her one foot up slightly, so that he can see the blood underneath it.

He sees the blood and immediately runs over to her, dodging the mess on the floor.

He picks her up and sets her on the bed, looking at her feet. "AJ! I need the first aid kit!" he calls.

AJ sets Krissy down. "Stay here. Daddy'll be right back. Promise." He kisses her head, then fetches Kevin the First Aid Kit.

Ashlynn cries, as both her feet hurt and have glass in them.

Krissy crawls into bed and pulls the covers over her

Kevin shakes his head. "I don't know..." He says quietly to himself. If they took her to the ER, they'd probably get arrested for child endangerment. On the other hand, he's not sure that he can patch this up without a professional's help.

Ashlynn just keeps on crying.

"What do you think?" he asks his husband as he uses gauze to soak up the blood and blow the loose bits of glass off Ashlynn's feet.

AJ bites his lip. "I think we might have to," he says softly. "And I'm sure she can explain she broke the lamps herself."

Kevin nods. "Alright. Can we call your mom or is Krissy going to freak out if we do that?" he asks grabbing the teddy next to Ashlynn and handing him to her.

Kevin felt bad. He hadn't said more than two sentences to Krissy all day.

"She'll freak," AJ answers. "I'll just get her and bring her with us." He leaves the room to go and get Krissy. He enters her room and scoops her up out of bed, making sure to grab a Care Bear for her. "C'mon Baby. We have to take sissy somewhere."

Krissy just holds on. She isn't sobbing anymore but she's scared and confused and tired.

AJ holds Krissy tightly, and heads downstairs to get the car ready to go.

Kevin looks up at Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, we have go to the emergency room to get a doctor that can take care of your feet," he says seriously. "I promise not to leave you for a second, but I really need you to not fight me right now. Okay?"

Ashlynn instinctively reaches for him, wanting comfort as she cries.

Kevin takes that as a yes and picks her up, holding her tight. "It's okay, baby. Daddy's right here," he says and hurries downstairs. He puts her in the car, seated in the middle so her feet can stick out towards the door and not touch anything. "Don't put them on anything, okay? It'll make the glass go in deeper and it will hurt."

Ashlynn nods through tears and clings to Sammy tightly. Her bottom hurts more now that she's sitting, but nowhere near as much as her feet.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn, still very afraid, but she doesn't like to see people hurt. "You got an owie?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin gets in the driver's seat and peels out going as fast as he dares.

AJ's glad they're all buckled in, as he knows Kevin's going to drive like crazy.

Krissy looks at her sister again. "Wan' me to kiss it?" she asks quietly.

Ashlynn shakes her head no slightly, but gives Krissy a small hug the best she can.

Krissy smiles back a little. "Gramma make you cookies if you got a big owie," she tells Ashlynn.

"I like cookies," Ashlynn sniffles.

Kevin makes all of his stops rolling and gets there much faster than if he'd been legal.

"AJ, park the car," he says simply stopping at the curb.

He hops out, opens Ashlynn's door and lifts her out.

AJ nods. "Can do," he says and gets in the driver's seat.

Ashlynn clings tightly to Kevin and Sammy. Tears still stream down her small scared face.

Krissy waves at Daddy and Ashlynn as they go inside. "Are they gonna give Ashlynn a shot?" she asks.

"I don't know, Honey," AJ says as he finds a parking spot. "But if they do, Daddy will keep her safe."

Krissy nods, agreeing with Daddy.

Kevin takes Ashlynn into the triage nurse who takes them back immediately.

AJ parks the car, and gets out, making sure he got Krissy out too. He then goes inside and sits in a nearby waiting room, and picks up a kiddie book to read to her.

Ashlynn clings even tighter to Kevin, hating Hospitals.

The nurse smiles. "What's happened here?" she asks as she starts to clean the wounds on Ashlynn's feet.

Ashlynn whimpers, trying to draw her feet back.

Another nurse approaches AJ. "You're with Kevin Richardson and the little girl he brought in?" she asks making the assumption since it *is* AJ McLean. That would be a HUGE coincidence.

AJ nods. "Yes. Why?"

Kevin holds Ashlynn. "Honey, let her wash them," he says. "It'll make them feel better."

The nurse hands him a clipboard. "Paperwork," she answers and smiles at Krissy.

Ashlynn cries, hiding her face into Sammy.

"Oh. Right," AJ says, giving a small laugh. He takes the clipboard. "Here. Help me out Krissy."

Krissy nods and looks all serious as Daddy does the paperwork.

AJ kisses her head, and fills out the forms the best he can.

Kevin holds Ashlynn, feeling horrible. "She broke a lamp and stepped on the remnants of the light bulb and glass part," he explains.

Ashlynn starts to squirm again - whatever the nurse was doing hurt.

The nurse did as much as she could. "Would you like something for the pain?" she asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn looks scared - she wanted something, but not if it was in the form of a needle. She looks up at Kevin trough tears.

Kevin kisses her forehead. "It's okay, honey. I'm right here. Is there a way to help the pain without a needle?" he asks the nurse anticipating Ashlynn's fear.

The nurse smiled and nodded. "Sure," she says and quickly produces two tylenol.

"Here's some water," she says giving it to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn gives a small sigh of relief, and takes the water to swallow the tylenol.

AJ bounces Krissy on his knee again, once he's done filling out all the paperwork. "Want that story now, Baby?"

Krissy nods. "Yes pease," she replies.

AJ kisses her head, and picks the book back up. "Alright." He holds her close and starts to read it to her.

Krissy leans back and listens attentively.

AJ kisses her head, and keeps reading.

Kevin stays with Ashlynn after the nurse leaves. "Are you ready to talk?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head, hoping she won't need stitches.

Kevin sighs. "I wish you would," he answers. "I really want to get to know you. I know Krissy wants to get to know you."

Ashlynn sniffles, her feet still sore. She lifts one foot up to look at it, and winces upon seeing it.

She tries to move to get up, ignoring the pain in her feet and bottom, wanting to go home now.

Kevin picks her up and sits her back down.

Ashlynn squirms more now.

"Stop that," he says sternly. "You're going to have those feet looked at and that's the end of it."

Ashlynn starts to cry again - she wished she had've just left the glass things where they were and not thrown them at all.

AJ finishes the book, and picks up another one. "This one look good?"

Krissy nods and yawns wide.

A woman in the waiting room smiles at them. "Excuse me, but are you AJ McLean?" she asks.

AJ cuddles her closer, and rests his head next to hers as he reads.

"Yes," AJ answers. "May I help you?"

Kevin wipes Ashlynn's tears with a kleenex. "Why do you hate me so much anyway?" he asks her.

Ashlynn hides her face into him. She didn't hate him, she was just scared and confused.

Kevin sighs and holds her, rubbing her back. "When we get home, would you like to play with Krissy?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly. She liked Krissy - even if she didn't want to talk to anyone.

"May I help you?" AJ repeats.

The woman smiles. "I just wasn't sure. I didn't know you had children," she puts in.

"Yes. I do," AJ answers. "And may I ask who you may be?"

Kevin smiles. "Okay so here's the deal. If you go back to the store with me tomorrow and return the toys, I'll let you play with Krissy tonight," he says. "I understand you wanted to give her toys and that was SO nice of you, but you didn't have to steal them. I would have let you buy them and give them to her yourself."

Ashlynn sniffles slightly, as she gives him a small nod.

The woman shakes her head. "Just a... a fan," she says, though not very convincingly. "Ever since you all went into more production than performance, people have lost track of you somewhat."

Kevin smiles and hugs her tight. "I know you're scared. Is there anything I can do to help?" he asks. "I want to help."

AJ raises his eyebrows at her, giving her a skeptical look. "Mm hmm. Guess our CIA fans have lost their touch," he says. "And besides, if my fans came after my girls, I'd be the least bit happy."

Ashlynn tries to rise again, signifying that's what she wants - to go home.

The woman laughs. "Oh I'm sure no one would ever hurt your children," she says.

Kevin shakes his head. "The doctor's coming. I promise."

"That's very good to know," AJ says, hugging Krissy tighter.

Ashlynn keeps squirming.

The doctor walks in and smiles at them. "Hi, Ashlynn," he says looking at the chart. "I'm Dr. Mann. I see you stepped on some glass," he says.

The woman just smiles and gets up, moving away.

Krissy looks at Daddy with confusion. "She was weird," she says.

"Yes, she was," AJ agrees with Krissy.

Ashlynn pushes herself back up against Kevin, fearing Doctors.

Kevin holds her and rubs her back. "Ashlynn's been in and out of foster homes," he explains to Dr. Mann. "We adopted her just this morning so it's still sort of rocky."

Ashlynn keeps trying to push back into Kevin, wanting to escape.

Dr. Mann nods. "Ashlynn, I don't have a needle on me so I promise I won't stick you right now. Can I just look at your feet?" he asks.

Ashlynn calms some then, and nods slightly, hiding her face into Sammy again.

Dr. Mann smiles. "Thank you," he says and very carefully examines Ashlynn's feet.

Ashlynn whimpers slightly.

The doctor nods. "Mmm-hmmm."

Ashlynn squirms then.

"Will you drink some medicine for me, Ashlynn?" he asks. "It'll make you sleepy so I can take the glass out and that way it won't hurt."

Ashlynn looks up at Kevin, still skeptical of all this.

Kevin smiles at her. "It'll be okay, baby. And they can make syrups taste like anything these days," he tells her. "What's your favorite fruit?"

Ashlynn leans up to whisper in his ear. "Banana."

Krissy picks the book up again and starts telling Daddy her version of the story, based on the pictures.

Kevin nods and smiles at her. "OH yeah. You *must* be my kid. I like those too."

He turns to Dr. Mann. "Can we get it banana flavored?" he asks.

Dr. Mann nods.

"Not a problem," he says.

AJ smiles and listens carefully.

Kevin smiles and rubs Ashlynn's back. "Her other dad and sister are in the waiting room. Can they come back now?" he asks.

Ashlynn looks at the doctor hopefully.

Dr. Mann smiles and nods. "I'll go out and get them," he says.

Dr. Mann disappears and enters the waiting room.

AJ looks up, spotting the doctor.

He looks around and spots AJ and Krissy. He approaches them. "You've been asked for," he says with a smile.

"Alright. Thank-you," AJ nods, getting up and setting the book Krissy has down. "C'mon Baby Girl. Sissy wants us."

Then he gets a little more serious. "I want to let you know, I'm going to take out the glass and then stitch her up. But I’m going to put her to sleep first so she shouldn't feel the needle."

AJ nods. "All right. Thanks."

Ashlynn looks at Kevin, her eyes showing her fear clearly.

Krissy smiles. "Let's go, Daddy!" she says pointing towards the door all the nurses keep going through.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn sympathetically. "It'll be okay, sweetie," he promises. "And Krissy's coming right now."

AJ chuckles and kisses her cheek, as he follows the Doctor.

Ashlynn hides her face into him again, starting to cry once more.

The doctor leads them to the exam room and then leaves them to go order the medicine.

Kevin just holds her and starts to sing.

AJ enters and sits down in the chair next to Kevin. He reaches over and rubs Ashlynn's leg lightly.

Ashlynn sniffles.

Krissy looks up at Ashlynn and smiles. "Did they give you a shot?" she asks

Kevin reaches down and squeezes AJ's hand. They'd avoided major medical problems after Krissy's first year. That had been traumatic, but since then, she'd barely had a cold. So this made him a little tense.

AJ squeezes Kevin's hand back, and gives him a warm smile. "She'll be fine," he whispers.

Ashlynn shakes her head no.

Krissy smiles. "Yay!" she exclaims.

A nurse comes in with a cup of syrup. "Here you go, Ashlynn," she says pleasantly. "You're going to feel sleepy so go ahead and fall asleep if you want."

Ashlynn quietly drinks it, wishing she could go home already. She hands the cup back to the Nurse and once more snuggles into Kevin quietly. She's asleep a few moments later.

AJ bounces Krissy on his knees again.

Krissy turns to Daddy Kevin. "Guess what?!"

Kevin chuckles. "What?" he asks.

Krissy grins. "We saw a weird lady outside," she reports.

AJ laughs. "Yes, that we did."

Kevin looks at AJ with some confusion. "A weird lady?" he asks.

"She asked if I was who I am, then said she didn't know I had kids," AJ shrugs. "I made it perfectly clear that no one better hurt my lil' girls."

Ashlynn shifts slightly in her unconscious state, still hugging Sammy tight.

Kevin looks disturbed about this but doesn't have time to comment as Dr. Mann walks in. This time he has a needle.

AJ covers Krissy's eyes, so she won't have to watch.

Dr. Mann smiles. "Okay, so I'm going to take out the glass and then stitch her feet up. She'll have bandages and I recommend staying off her feet for a day or so, but the stitches will dissolve and she'll be fine in no time."

AJ nods, to show that he's listening. "She can still bathe, but no swimming, right?"

Dr. Mann nods. "Right," he agrees. "Just for about a week."

"Alright. Just making sure," AJ says.

Krissy watches the needle nervously. "Don't hurt her, kay?" she says.

Dr. Mann smiles at the younger child. "She's in dreamland. She can't feel a thing. I promise."

AJ hugs Krissy closer. "See? She's fine, Baby Doll."

Ashlynn remains asleep.

Dr. Mann is finished very quickly. "All done," he says. "She should be awake in about 15 minutes. I love these new sedatives they have," he says shaking his head. "So much better than even 5 years ago. Well, as soon as she's awake, you all are free to go home."

"Alright. Thanks," AJ says, smiling at the doctor. "Keep them clean, right?"

Dr. Mann nods. "Oh yeah. We don't want an infection," he says. "Do you have a pediatrician?" he asks.

Kevin nods.

Dr. Mann nods. "Okay, check with them if it gets worse."

"Will do," AJ nods, as Ashlynn starts to wake up some.

"Mm..." Ashlynn whines softly.

Kevin hugs her and smoothes her hair back. "Hey, Angel," he says. "Good nap?" he asks.

Ashlynn scowls slightly - she didn't want to be here any longer.

Krissy frowns. "What wrong?" she asks. "You're all better!"

Kevin helps Ashlynn sit up. "Ready to go home?" he asks.

Ashlynn reaches up and wraps her arms about his neck, still managing to hold onto her Teddy.

"Think she just wants to leave, honey," AJ whispers to Krissy.

Krissy hops off Daddy's lap. "Okay," she agrees and heads for the door.

Kevin laughs and picks up Ashlynn. "Wait for us, goober.

"Kristine," AJ says. "Get back here."

Ashlynn snuggles into Kevin.

Kristine goes back to Daddy, her hands over her bottom just in case.

AJ takes hold of her hand. "Your bottom's safe still - for now."

Ashlynn sniffles.

Krissy lets out a sigh of relief as Kevin leads them out.

He takes the receipt from the nurse at the desk and then they walk through the doors into the evening. "Where'd you park?" he asks AJ

AJ makes sure to hold Krissy's hand as they leave the Hospital. "Over here," he says, leading Kevin to the car.

He unlocks the car and puts Krissy in her car seat. He then climbs into the driver's seat. "I'll drive, Kev."

Kevin smiles appreciatively and puts Ashlynn in the backseat.

Ashlynn stays quiet, never once letting go of Sammy.

He buckles her up and then gets in next to AJ. "Wanna run through Carl's Jr." He asks.

"Sure," AJ nods.

Play-time Gone Wrong..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, here's the next chapter. Think I'll put up one or two more for now, then that'll be it for today. Lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Language & possibly Corporal Punishment.

Kevin nods and turns back to the girls. "Do you want chicken strips or a burger?" he asks Ashlynn knowing what Krissy will say.

Ashlynn looks up at him. "Burger."

Kevin smiles. "Okay. Do you like coke?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly, as AJ pulls into the drive-thru.

Krissy pipes up. "I want coke!" she says.

"You already had a soda today," AJ reminds her.

Kevin shakes his head. "You already had soda today," he replies. "You can have milk when we get home."

Kevin smiles at AJ as they say it almost in unison.

"Go ahead and get Krissy a chicken kids meal and I'll have a number one," he says.

AJ chuckles, and places their orders.

Ashlynn starts to squirm in her seat, her bottom still sore from earlier.

Krissy watches Ashlynn. "Wanna play Barbies at home?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

AJ gets their food, and is now heading back to the house. He soon pulls into the drive, and parks the car in the garage. He turns it off, pockets the keys, then gets out to get Krissy. Once she's out of the car, he grabs the food, knowing Kevin will get Ashlynn.

Kevin opens Ashlynn's door and lifts her out gently. "Would you like a bath later?" he asks. "We've got bubbles," he offers as he takes her inside.

Krissy follows Daddy AJ into the kitchen and shadows him while he's getting the food out of the bags. "I went out in my jammies!" she points out with lots of giggles.

Ashlynn shakes her head no furiously. She never wanted to have a bath for as long as she lived. She was terrified of the water.

AJ laughs and gives her a warm smile. "Yes, you did, Baby."

Kevin looks concerned. "Why not?" he asks gently

Ashlynn just keeps shaking her head no,

Kevin nods. "Okay," he agrees. "We'll figure out how to get you clean later. Right now, let's eat," he says setting her down gently in a kitchen chair.

Krissy goes over to the table and climbs into her chair.

AJ hands out the food and sits down to eat.

Ashlynn picks at hers quietly.

Krissy's fairly quiet at the table as she eats -- slowly.

AJ watches both girls, noticing Krissy's trying hard to be like Ashlynn.

Ashlynn eats a bit of hers, but then starts to play with it. Soon, she's sent some french fries half way across the kitchen.

Krissy giggles and copies Ashlynn.

Kevin gives Krissy a look that she very deliberately avoids seeing.

"Ashlynn," Kevin says calmly. "If you're not hungry, that's okay, but please don't launch the food all over."

AJ also eyes Krissy, knowing that she knows better. "Ladies, we do not throw food."

Ashlynn gives Kevin a hard glare, and defiantly whips a french fry at his head, giving a small smile afterwards.

Krissy, being more subject to AJ's discipline than Kevin's over all, stops and puts her hands in her lap.

Then her mouth drops open as she sees Ashlynn throw food at Daddy.

"Thank-you," AJ says to Krissy.

Kevin takes a deep breath. "Ashlynn, I thought you wanted to play with Krissy," he says.

Ashlynn glares at him now, as if daring him to take the one thing she was looking forward to away from her.

Kevin shrugs. "You can't play with her if you're not going to follow directions. It isn't fair to Krissy. If she keeps throwing food, she'll get in trouble too."

Ashlynn glares harder at him, giving him the finger as she angrily picks up french fries with her other hand - a fistful - and throws them at him.

AJ raises his eyebrows.

Krissy starts to cry. "But I wanted to play!" She says looking at Daddy AJ.

Kevin shakes his head and then takes Ashlynn's food away from her.

AJ shrugs slightly. "Sorry Munchkin. But you both need to behave for that to happen."

Ashlynn keeps her middle finger up.

Krissy looks at all three of them. "But I *was* good," she insists. "I stopped,"

"Yes, Baby, you were good," AJ tells her. "And we thank you for that. But Ashlynn's not being good."

Kevin smacks Ashlynn's hand firmly. "That's right up there with cussing, Ashlynn," he says firmly.

Ashlynn yanks her hand back, glaring at him still. "F*ck you," she mouths silently, so that Krissy won't hear it.

Krissy slides out of her chair. "It's *not* fair!" She exclaims as she stomps her foot and then retreats upstairs as fast as her little legs will take her.

AJ sighs. "Oh, joy."

He gets up and goes after Krissy, wishing she wasn't so upset.

Kevin just ignores Ashlynn. With her feet the way they are, at least she can't run this time.

Krissy slams her bedroom door and throws herself on her bed angrily.

AJ enters a few moments later. "Kristine Michelle! We do not slams doors in this household, young lady!" He tells her. "And if you keep this up, Ashlynn won't be the only one in trouble."

Kevin finishes cleaning up dinner and wipes down the counter-tops casually. "I thought you cared about her. I didn't think you would voluntarily make her upset," he says and shrugs.

Ashlynn's silent. She wasn't trying to hurt Krissy - she was pissed off with Kevin.

Krissy sits up, tears streaming down her face. "I *don't* like her no more," she says. "I want her to go home!"

"Krissy, this is her home" AJ tells her sternly. "And she does like you. I told you, you need to give her time."

Kevin looks up and then puts the sponge away. "I'm going to go up and clean up your room so that you have somewhere to sleep. "Do you want to come up or do you want to sit on the couch?" he asks.

"Want Krissy," Ashlynn says softly, staring down at the table, trying hard not to cry.

Krissy just crosses her arms and sulks. This wasn't fun. Getting a sissy was supposed to be fun.

Kevin looks up. "Ashlynn, I can't let Krissy learn to misbehave from you," he says. "Do you want her to learn all the naughty things you do? That's just going to get her little butt spanked too."

"Baby, these things take time," AJ says more softly. "She's never had a sissy or anyone before. But I know she does want to play with you."

"Want Krissy!" Ashlynn snaps slightly, wanting to play with her new sister.

Krissy looks up and wipes her eyes with the back of her hands. "Then why she bein' bad?" She asks. "We were gonna play Barbies."

"Because it's the only way she knows how to act, Honey," AJ says, going over and picking her up to cuddle her. "She's never learned how to be good."

Kevin nods. "I understand that. But you haven't promised me you'll behave around her. Do you want me or Daddy AJ to spank her like we do you?"

Ashlynn shakes her head no - the last thing she wanted to see was the smaller one get her bottom paddled.

Krissy shakes her head. "I showed her. I stopped throwing," she says.

"Yes, and that was very good of you," AJ says, kissing her head. "But Ashlynn doesn't know when to stop - she doesn't really know how. She gets mad and keeps doing things she knows she shouldn't."

Kevin shrugs. "If you don't behave, Krissy will copy you and then we have to punish her."

Krissy sniffs a few times. "Is Daddy gonna spank her again?" she asks.

"I'm not sure, Baby Doll," AJ says softly. "He might have to."

Ashlynn scowls. "Want Krissy," she says again, but more firmly this time.

Kevin nods. "I heard you. Are you going to behave?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin nods. "Okay." He goes over to Ashlynn. "I'll carry you upstairs," he says and gently picks her up.

Krissy looks up when she hears footsteps.

AJ raises his eyebrows. "Now, I wonder who that could be?"

Ashlynn still stays silent.

Kevin appears in the doorway with Ashlynn. "Okay, girls," he says. "You two can play while we clean up Ashlynn's room," he says and sets Ashlynn down on the floor.

Ashlynn rolls onto her tummy, using Sammy as a pillow to lean on.

Kevin nods to Krissy's bed. "Can you get a pillow for Ashlynn?" he asks Krissy. "Then she can lay on her tummy while you play."

AJ kisses Krissy's temple then sets her on the floor.

Krissy nods and quickly pulls her Care Bear pillow down from the bed and hands it to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn takes it and replaces Sammy with it.

Kevin sighs. "Okay, girls. We're right down the hall if you need something."

Ashlynn nods, and waits for Krissy to give her a Barbie.

AJ smiles and follows Kevin out of the room.

Krissy immediately starts pulling out her Barbies.

Kevin heads down to Ashlynn's room to start cleaning up.

AJ talks to Kevin while he helps clean.

Krissy smiles at Ashlynn and lets her play with two Barbies and a Ken while Krissy keeps one Barbie and a Ken.

"You know what really worries me?" Kevin asks AJ.

Ashlynn changes the dolls, and makes them dance.

"What?" AJ asks.

"She's going to wait until Krissy actually copies her and gets a spanking before she'll actually shape up. And that's not fair to Krissy."

AJ sighs. "That's not fair to Krissy. She'll start hating her new sister. Man Kev, she asked me a few times today, if we could return Ashlynn."

"Huh! Bastard!" Ashlynn whispers, making her Barbie slap Ken. "How dare you ask me that!"

Krissy watches and copies everything Ashlynn does, including the words and the slapping gesture.

Kevin shakes his head. "Maybe we should have waited till she was older. But we can't take Ashlynn back now."

Ashlynn goes quiet then, but makes her dolls do unthinkable things.

"No. We can't. That wouldn't be fair to Ashlynn," AJ says frowning slightly.

Again, Krissy copies Ashlynn.

Ashlynn's unaware that Krissy's still copying her.

Kevin sighs having cleaned up all the broken pieces.

"I definitely think we should keep the room bare till we're sure she won't demolish it again."

Krissy taps Ashlynn on the shoulder. "What're they doing?" she asks her sister.

"I agree with you there," AJ nods. "Though I think stitched up feet might be enough to keep her from doing it. I'm guessing no spanking for this, 'cause of the feet, right?"

Ashlynn looks up startled. "Nothin'," she says softly. "Playin' Barbies likes growned-ups do."

She shrugs slightly, and goes back to what she was doing.

Krissy just looks confused. "Kay," she says.

Kevin shakes his head. "The injury should suffice," he says. "If she does it again...that's a whole different issue."

AJ nods. "Yes, that is." He pauses. "We done? I don't think we should leave them alone too long just yet."

"The thing is, I’m not sure if spanking is making a difference here. As much I as I don't like it, giving her guilt trips about hurting Krissy seems to do the most good."

"I noticed the soapy rag bit works too. But it's not fair to Krissy if we spank her and not Ashlynn," AJ points out.

Kevin nods. "No, it isn't," he agrees.

Krissy decides she likes her Barbies better when they're dancing so that's what they do.

Shall we go check on them?" AJ asks.

"Yeah," Kevin agrees heading back towards Krissy's room.

Ashlynn's Barbies are still doing the unthinkable.

AJ follows Kevin.

Kevin walks in just in time to hear Krissy make her Barbie call Ken a bastard and pretend to slap him.

Ashlynn's unnerved by it.

AJ raises his eyebrows, not at all amused.

Kevin blinks and isn't sure which upsets him more, Krissy's language or Ashlynn's Barbies.

"Ashlynn, what are your Barbies doing?" he asks, trying to remain calm.

Krissy knows those looks on her parents' faces. It isn't usually good.

Ashlynn just shrugs, not having a clue what it's called, but still making them do it.

AJ just stands there, glaring at them both, not knowing what to say.

Krissy puts her Barbies down and backs away slowly.

"I think - it's time for bed," AJ says evenly.

Kevin squats next to Ashlynn. "How would you like to see our room?" he asks her, more than a little nervous.

Krissy just nods. "Kay, Daddy," she says and starts to put her Barbies away. Maybe she wasn't in trouble after all.

Ashlynn grumbles incoherently - rude, but doesn't cuss for Krissy to hear.

"Don't think that's the end of it Kristine," AJ says firmly.

"We need to have a little talk," he adds.

Krissy immediately starts crying and grabs the Barbies out of Ashlynn's hands angrily before putting them in her toy box. She didn't even know what she was in trouble for.

Ashlynn looks up from her spot on the floor, not understanding why Krissy was crying. "Don't touch her, Asshole!" She yells at AJ.

Kevin shook his head. "We're going to work on respect," he says and lifts Ashlynn up, carrying her into his and AJ's room.

Ashlynn squirms, not wanting for AJ to hurt Krissy.

Krissy just keeps putting her toys away since that's what she's supposed to do and then goes over to her bed quietly.

Kevin keeps a good grip on her and gets her all the way into his room where he sets her down on the bed. "I assume she learned that word from you?" he asks her.

AJ sits down on Krissy's bed, and pulls her into his lap once she's done cleaning. "Now, depending on how our talks goes, there might be no need for a spanking tonight."

Ashlynn shrugs slightly - she hadn't known Krissy had heard hear say it.

Krissy just nods, the tears still trickling down her cheeks. She'd been crying a lot that day and she was noticing how much her eyes hurt.

Kevin sighs. "Did you say that word while you were playing with her?"

AJ kisses her small face. "Now, now. Don't cry - we're just going to talk a moment."

Ashlynn looks away sheepishly, as she lies there on the bed.

Krissy holds her breath, the only way she knows how to stop crying.

Kevin nods. "I'll take that as a yes. I told you you'd get her spanked if you didn't behave."

"Baby, you don't have to not breathe, alright?" AJ says, rubbing her back. "Now, can you promise Daddy something?"

Krissy nods, breathing slowly.

Ashlynn blushes furiously - she hadn't meant to get Krissy in trouble. "Jackass better not touch her!" She snaps slightly.

"Okay. Promise Daddy you'll never repeat anything you hear Ashlynn say," AJ says firmly. "Because if you repeat her anymore, you will get a spanking."

Krissy nods. "Okay," she agrees. "Is it all naughty words?" she asks.

"I'm afraid so, Honey," AJ nods softly.

Kevin shakes his head. "That's what happens when she's naughty. She knows that. But she's also going to do whatever you do because you're bigger."

Ashlynn scowls angrily.

Krissy nods. "Kay. No spanking?" she asks honestly surprised she got out of it.

"No. No spanking - but only because this is all new to you, and you've had a very long and confusing day," AJ tells her. "But, remember what I said about repeating and copying Ashlynn."

Kevin sighs. "Now, what happened to not cussing in the first place? You were doing fantastic earlier today," he says. "I was really proud of how good you were doing with that rule."

"No one lays a f*cking hand on Krissy!" Ashlynn snaps angrily.

Krissy nods. "Yes, sir," she answers. She'd heard Baylee say that to Brian one time and had picked up occasionally over the last few months. "I'm tired," she adds very honestly.

"Alright. Into bed Munchkin," AJ smiles, kissing her head. "Daddy'll tuck you in."

Kevin shakes his head and goes into the bathroom. He gets a washcloth and puts some soap on it and brings it back in. He puts it in Ashlynn's mouth.

Ashlynn struggles to get it out, disliking the horrible taste.

Krissy crawls under the blankets and pulls her baby blanket close. It was her most prized possession -- the thing she absolutely couldn't live without.

"I love you, Daddy," she says.

AJ tucks her in, and kisses her forehead. "Ok, now, as punishment, no story tonight, alright?"

"Love you too, Baby Doll."

Krissy nods. That wasn't too bad. Not great, but not horrible. Better than a spanking. "Daddy?" She asks right before he can leave.

"Yes, Honey?" AJ says, turning around.

Kevin holds the rag there. "Every time you cuss, you're going to get one of these in your mouth and a sore bottom," he says.

Krissy sits up a little. "Will Daddy play with me ever again?" She asks, having decided that Ashlynn must get her other daddy now.

Ashlynn starts to cry, still trying to get the rag out. She felt like she was going to be sick.

"Yes, of course, Baby," AJ says, going over and hugging her again. "Daddy will play with you too. But, right now he needs to punish Ashlynn and make sure she doesn't hurt you - or herself anymore, okay? But I promise he'll play with you again soon."

Krissy smiles and snuggles down in to her blankets. "Kay," She says and closes her eyes.

Kevin shakes his head. "Are you going to stop cussing?" he asks.

AJ kisses her head one last time before leaving the room and turning on her nightlight.

Ashlynn nods slightly, still gagging on the rag.

AJ heads towards his and Kevin's room to see how things were going. He shakes his head upon entering.

Kevin lifts her up and takes her into the bathroom. He sets her on the sink and takes out the rag. "Spit," he says.

Ashlynn does as told for once, wanting the gross taste out of her mouth.

Kevin gives her a cup of water. "Here," he says. "Rinse and spit."

Ashlynn once more quietly does as told, her eyes still blurred with unshed tears.

"How's it going?" AJ asks softly, standing in the doorway.

"Want me to go get her jammies?" He asks.

Ashlynn finishes spitting and wipes at her eyes.

Kevin nods to AJ. "Please."

AJ nods and leaves to go fetch them.

Bath-time & Bed-time..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, here's the last chapter for today. Lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Possibly Language.
Kevin turns back to Ashlynn. "Ashlynn... honey... have you seen grown-ups do what you were making the Barbies do?" he asks in his most gentle and concerned voice ever.

Ashlynn nods slightly, hanging her head.

She had supposed to be asleep when that had happened - though she had not understood it at all.

Kevin immediately wraps her in a great big hug.

"Its kind of weird isn't it?" he asks her rocking her.

Ashlynn nods softly, hugging him tightly.

AJ returns with her jammies then. "Need me to run a bath or anything?"

"Did it scare you?" he asks her.

Ashlynn nods still, her eyes welling up with more tears.

Kevin looks up and gives the hang on a second sign. It was the same sign they'd used on tour when they weren't quite ready to go out on stage.

AJ nods and disappears back into the bedroom.

Ashlynn buries her face into him.

Kevin holds her. "Daddy won't let that scare you again," he says. "I promise."

Ashlynn sniffles as she nods slightly.

Kevin smiles and tickles her a little. "You ticklish?" he asks.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, trying hard not to smile.

AJ wonders what they're doing in there.

Kevin grins. "Oh she is!" He exclaims. "Hey AJ! Our baby girl here is ticklish!"

AJ laughs and comes to stand in the doorway again. "Is she?"

Ashlynn keeps squirming, but soon ends up giving a small giggle.

Kevin nods. "Oh yeah," he says and demonstrates.

"Ha! See?"

AJ smiles. "That's always good to know."

Ashlynn giggles again.

Kevin smiles and stops and then looks Ashlynn in the face. "Okay, cutie. Tell Daddy why you don't want a bath," he says. "You won't get in trouble. I promise."

Ashlynn shakes her head - she was scared and didn't want to admit that for the world - among a few other things.

AJ just watches and listens curious as to what her answer will be.

Kevin tries to look sad. "Please, sweetie?" he asks. "I promise I won't get mad. But your feet are going to get infected if we don't keep you clean," he says. "And then they might have to use a needle."

Ashlynn's eyes well up with tears as she shudders.

Kevin knows he's not sure which fear is stronger, but he hopes it’s the one of needles.

Kevin holds her tight. "Sweetie, come on. Talk to Daddy. I can make it better. I promise. That's why they made me a daddy."

"Isn't that right, AJ?" he asks hoping for some back up.

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest.

AJ agrees. "Right. They made us Daddies, because we know how to make things better."

"Don't like water," Ashlynn chokes out quietly, head still hidden in his shirt.

Kevin looks at AJ with an expression of triumph. It had been a long day, but they were definitely making progress.

"You don't like water?" he repeats. "Why not, baby?" he asks. "Who hurt you with water?"

AJ smiles back at Kevin, glad they'd finally gotten somewhere.

Ashlynn starts to cry again. People had tried to drown her numerous times in the tub, whether it be bath water or shower water. They'd do it as a punishment, thus making her terrified of all water.

"Can't breathe in it..." She whimpers.

AJ looks at Kevin shocked, not knowing how someone could do that to a mere child.

Kevin hugs her tight again giving AJ the look in response. There would definitely be some stress released tonight. They both would need it.

Kevin gets down at eye level with Ashlynn. "You're right, Ashlynn, it's hard to breath underwater," he says. "So what if I promise you I won't make you go underwater?" he asks.

AJ moves in to rub her back. "We both promise."

Ashlynn still looks scared.

"Do you trust your Daddies?" he asks. "We haven't broken any promises so far, have we?"

Ashlynn shakes her head, indicating they hadn't broken any promises. She hugs Kevin tighter. "Can Sammy watch?"

"Sure!" AJ says. "I can hold him for you, if you'd like. So he doesn't get wet and all."

Kevin nods. "Of course," he agrees, echoing AJ. "Daddy over there is very good at watching stuffies."

"Mm...kay," Ashlynn says softly, never letting go of Kevin.

AJ leaves for a moment, and returns holding Sammy. "See? He's all ready to watch."

Kevin smiles and keeps holding onto her. "AJ, could you start the bath?" he asks. "I'll get our baby Ashlynn undressed."

AJ nods. "Alright." He moves over to the tub, and starts running the water, putting some bubbles in, but not too many."

Kevin only moves away from Ashlynn long enough to pull her t-shirt up over her head.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, her pants starting to bother her bottom.

"Water's ready," AJ says a few moments later.

Kevin very gently and deliberately starts to take Ashlynn's jeans down for the second time that day. "Thanks, Daddy," he says seeing that Ashlynn seems to respond well to being babied.

"Welcome, Daddy," AJ grins. He sits upon the toilet, once he's closed the lid, and sits Sammy on his lap. "We're ready too."

Ashlynn gives him a small smile and clings to Kevin again.

Once Kevin's got her jeans and panties off, he gently lifts her up and sets her in the tub. "There you go," he says kneeling next to it on the outside.

Ashlynn sits there quietly, now rigid. She was frightened, but was afraid of being in trouble for wanting out right after getting in.

AJ places a few boats and ducks into the bath. "There, now you're all set," he smiles.

Ashlynn quietly reaches for a boat and makes it crash into another one.

Kevin smiles. "There," he says. "See? You can play in the tub."

Ashlynn gives him a tiny smile, as she continues to play quietly.

He takes a brief moment and kisses AJ tenderly -- very rated G -- and then turns attention back to Ashlynn.

AJ smiles happy to have gotten a kiss, then watches her again and wonders how they're going to be able to wash her hair.

Ashlynn hums one of their songs softly.

Kevin smiles. "Hey, Ashlynn," he says. "Do you know who sings that?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head - she didn't have a clue.

He generally didn't like to highlight his entertainment history, but he thought it might be exciting for her, so what the heck?

Kevin points to himself and AJ. "That's us," he says. "We're Backstreet Boys."

"Have you ever heard of them?" he asks knowing she might be too young.

Ashlynn looks up at him curiously. She didn't know if to believe him or not. She nods - she had heard of them - she'd heard them once and thought they were cute.

Kevin jabs AJ. "Go get the photo album," he says.

AJ gets up and gets in, returning shortly. "Here we go. Backstreet Boys."

Ashlynn watches them curiously.

Kevin turns to a page of them from their last tour.

Ashlynn's eyes are wide. Her Daddies were the guys she'd thought cute? She spots Brian and blushes, remembering her crush on him.

Kevin notices her blush. "What?" he asks with a grin.

Ashlynn shyly points to Brian, turning a shade redder.

AJ chuckles. "Think someone's got a crush."

Kevin chuckles too. "That's okay, lots of people like him," he says tousling her hair a little. "Would you like to meet all of 'em?" he asks.

Ashlynn's eyes light up as she looks from him to AJ and back to him again.

"I'll take that as a yes," AJ chuckles.

Kevin smiles. "Okay. If you work really hard at being good, talking to us about when you're upset and not cussing, we'll have everyone over for a BBQ next weekend," he says.

Ashlynn's eyes light up even more, and she reaches up to hug him.

AJ smiles as he watches her - he was glad they were starting to make some more progress.

He checks his watch. "It's gettin' late, Kev."

Kevin hugs her and then nods to AJ. "Okay," he agrees.

Ashlynn goes back to her boats.

He lathers up a loofa and hands it to her. "Do you want to do it or do you want me to?" he asks her.

Ashlynn smiles softly at him, then goes back to playing still.

AJ disappears for a moment with Sammy, getting something for the bear.

Kevin nods and starts to wash her head to toe.

Ashlynn goes back to happily humming her song softly. She's happier now than she was before.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, cutie. We need to wash your hair. So I’m going to put the shampoo in and then rinse it out very carefully. I will try very hard not to get it in your eyes. Okay?

Ashlynn nods slightly, tensing a lil' bit.

Daddy nods and starts putting the shampoo in her hair. "Lean your head back a little," he says.

Ashlynn does as told, though still a bit scared.

She braves through it though.

AJ's still rummaging around out in the bedroom.

Daddy smiles. "Good girl, Ashlynn," he says. "You're doing awesome," he tells her.

Ashlynn gives a teeny smile.

He gets down the showerhead and turns it on.

"Okay, sweetie, I'm going to put one hand up here to make sure it doesn't get in your eyes," he says and starts rinsing the soap out going backwards.

Ashlynn's eyes start to tear up some, as she tries to still be brave.

Daddy does it as fast as possible. "You're doing great. Almost done."

Ashlynn keeps her eyes squished shut.

AJ finds what he's looking for and takes care of Sammy.

Soon, Daddy's all done and turns off the showerhead. "Okay, all done," he tells Ashlynn. "You were so brave!"

"AJ? What're you doing? She was so great!" he shouts out to the bedroom.

Ashlynn blinks back her unshed tears, and reaches up for him.

"That's great!" AJ calls from the next room. "Just gimme a second. Gotta surprise."

Kevin smiles and lifts her out of the tub. He ends up getting soaked, but oh well. "Did you hear that?" he asks. "Daddy's got a surprise!" he says grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her.

Ashlynn gives him a soft smile - she wondered what it could be.

"Dressed yet? Gotta be dressed!" AJ calls out.

Daddy quickly dries her off and gets her in pjs. "Okay, Daddy, we're ready!" he says.

AJ walks in then, and produces Sammy from behind his back - the Bear is now wearing his own pair of pajamas that match Ashlynn's perfectly.

Ashlynn's whole face lights up as she reaches for Sammy.

Kevin's mouth drops. "How cool!" He exclaims. "How do you like that, Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tight, then reaches up to give AJ a hug.

AJ hugs her back, and kisses her head. "There. Now you're just about set for bed."

Kevin nods. "Yep! Let's go get you tucked in," he says carrying her to her own room.

AJ follows along, whistling a lil' tune.

Ashlynn clings to Kevin and Sammy.

Kevin puts her gently on her bed and tickles her some more.

Ashlynn giggles as she squirms slightly.

AJ smiles and pretends to tickle Sammy.

Kevin smiles and kisses her all over too.

AJ makes sure to take his turn as well.

"Okay, cutie," he says calming down. "Do you need anything else?"

Ashlynn reaches up for him. She wanted him to stay - she didn't like the dark, nor new rooms very much.

Kevin smiles. "Want me to lay with you awhile?" he asks sitting down next to her.

Ashlynn nods, hugging him tightly. She glances at AJ, feeling for bad for leaving him out, but really only wanting Kevin.

Kevin lies down on Ashlynn's bed and lets her back up into him. He wraps his arms around her and starts to sing very softly.

Ashlynn sniffles, but closes her eyes and soon falls asleep with Sammy in her arms.

AJ smiles, as he'd stayed to watch. Once she's asleep, he decides to ask his other half something. "Hey, Kev? We still going to Church in the morning?"

Kevin takes a deep breath. "I don't know if we should take Ashlynn just yet. It's not about being embarrassed; I'm just worried about her bothering others."

Kevin continues to look thoughtful. "Not to mention Krissy was up pretty late. She'd never sit through the service."

"I know what you mean, but she will have to go eventually," AJ points out. "And she might still react the same anyway. And Krissy, we could always let her sit in my lap and doze, or just drop her off at my mom's."

Kevin nods. "Okay. We'll go. I'll take Ashlynn out if I have to."

AJ nods. "Alright." He thinks a moment. "Do we let Sammy come with us?"

Ashlynn's thumb finds its way to her mouth and stays in once there. She snuggles closer to Kevin.

Kevin holds her and caresses the back of her head. "Sure," he agrees. "You saw what Ashlynn picked out at the mall. Does she have anything appropriate for church?" he asks.

AJ chuckles. "I made sure to get something that would be appropriate. I even got something for Sammy - actually, I think Sammy got as much clothes as she did. She just doesn't know it yet."

Kevin shakes his head. "You spoil children rotten, Alexander James, " he says carefully getting up from his position.

AJ smiles. "But that's part of why you love me." He makes sure Ashlynn and Sammy are both tucked in good, so that they won't get cold.

Kevin just shakes his head. He takes a minute to check on Krissy. He hadn't seen her all day so he kisses her and pulls the blankets back up. She always kicked them off.

AJ just heads to their room and gets ready for bed.

Kevin comes in and immediately starts to feel how tired he is. "Man, this was a long day," he says stretching while he gets undressed. "And we still have to return those toys tomorrow."

"After Church," AJ says, flopping down on the bed. "Man, I'm exhausted."

Kevin joins him and rolls over, moving in for a kiss.

AJ gives him a kiss goodnight, then falls asleep cuddled in his arms.

Church..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's some more for y'all to read! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Language & Corporal Punishment.

******NEXT MORNING*************

AJ goes into Krissy's room to wake her up to go to Gramma's. "Krissy, Baby. Time to get up Honey."

Ashlynn's sound asleep in her bed, Sammy still clutched to her chest and her thumb still in her mouth.

Krissy grumbles and rolls over, not interested.

Kevin gets up, takes a shower, puts on his pants and an undershirt, before going to wake up Ashlynn.

AJ kisses her face and neck playfully. "Bet you'll wake up if I tell you, you're going to Gramma's instead of Church."

"Ashlynn," he says gently shaking her. "Time to wake up, cutie," he says.

Ashlynn grumbles incoherently into her pillow.

Krissy stops trying to wiggle away and her head pops up. "Gramma's?" she asks very interested.

"Yes, Baby Doll," AJ smiles. "You're going to Gramma's, while Daddy, Ashlynn, and I go to Church. You get to help Gramma back cookies."

Kevin smiles. "I know, it's early. But I'll make you breakfast before we leave for church," he says. "Anything you want. Pancakes, French Toast, Omelet.... whatever you want."

Krissy rolls over grinning. "Okay!" she agrees sitting up and pushing the blankets off of her.

Ashlynn still grumbles, hiding her face into her pillow more. She didn't want to go to Church - she'd never gone before, so why now?

AJ smiles. "There's a girl. And you can tell Gramma all about your new sissy."

Krissy nods as she slips out of bed. "C'n I wear a purple shirt?" she asks.

Kevin sighs. "Come on, Ashlynn. Let's start the morning without a spanking."

Ashlynn's remains asleep, Sammy still clutched to her chest and her thumb still in her mouth like before.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn!" he says louder and more firmly.

He pulls the blankets back, hoping the cold will get her moving.

"You have till the count of three to start getting dressed," he says. "Then I'm pulling down the panties and giving you a Good Morning spanking."

Ashlynn curls up into a tight little ball, bringing her other pillow down to hide her bottom. She hugs Sammy tighter. She hated having to get up early.

One...

Krissy looks in her drawer for panties and socks. "Ooh! Lucky Bear panties!" she squeals pulling out some Good Luck Bear underwear.

AJ laughs as he watches her. "What do you want to wear today, Honey?"

Ashlynn still tries to hide.

Krissy looks up smiling. "Purple shirt an' strappy shorts," she tells Daddy referring to a pair of her denim overalls.

AJ nods and hunts down the clothing items. He then dresses the little girl and puts her hair into a ponytail at the top of her head. "There, Pebbles Flintstone."

Ashlynn yanks the sheet back up over her head.

Krissy giggles and bobs her head up and down since it makes her ponytail feel funny.

Two...

Kevin takes it back. "I said two, Ashlynn."

"Do you want me to get to three?"

AJ laughs and picks her up. "Now, let's go get you some breakfast."

"No!" Ashlynn snaps angrily, though she still stays hidden under the covers. She'd hidden her face into Sammy.

Krissy nods. "Pancakes!" she decides as he carries her downstairs.

"Chocolate chip pancakes?" AJ suggests, carrying her downstairs to the kitchen.

Kevin shakes his head. "Three," he says and quickly pulls down her panties before applying five good hard spanks to her bare bottom.

Krissy's eyes get even wider. "Yeah!"

Ashlynn wails, trying to squirm and get away so she can hide again.

AJ nods, and heads into the kitchen to make breakfast."

Kevin pauses, but is holding her down. "Ready to get up?"

Ashlynn just cries as she tries to get away. She wanted to go back to sleep and her wonderful dream that involved her and Sammy and Brian.

AJ sets Krissy down and starts breakfast.

Krissy spins around in circles in the kitchen, having a great time making herself dizzy.

"Krissy, you're going to fall and get hurt," AJ says. "And stay away from the stove."

Kevin sits Ashlynn up. "C'mon, sweetie. You'll feel better as you get moving," he says.

Ashlynn angrily shoves him away, but still being unable to walk because of her feet, has nowhere to go.

Kevin slaps her hands. "No pushing," he says. "You're getting up and going to church and I swear, Ashlynn, if you don't behave, you won't be playing with Krissy after church and you'll get the belt when we get home."

Krissy just keeps spinning, giggling, her arms out to the side.

Ashlynn starts to cry all over again, burying her face into Sammy.

Eventually she smacks into the refrigerator and falls backwards onto her rump.

"Kristine," AJ says warily. "I told you to stop. Now, you've crashed and fallen. Give it a rest."

Kevin picks Ashlynn up and makes her look him in the eye. "Why don't you want to go to church?" he asks. "No Sunday School today. Just the service. You don't have to talk. Just sit quietly with Daddy and I."

Kristine giggles. "But it's fun!"

Ashlynn squirms, trying to get down so she can go back to bed. She rubs at her eyes tiredly.

"Yes, that may be so, but save it for outdoors," AJ says. "Now, stop it, before you get in trouble." He continues to cook the pancakes.

Kevin holds her tight. "No, Ashlynn. Daddy's got you right now and I want you to talk to me," he says.

"Remember when we talked about the bath and how it was okay?" he asks. "Let's talk about church."

"No!" Ashlynn exclaims, struggling even more, still holding Sammy.

Daddy spanks her with his most available hand.

"Stop that, Ashlynn."

"No! No! No!" Ashlynn cries, her tears starting to fall again. She beats him up using poor Sammy.

Daddy holds her hands down. He goes to the door and calls down the hall. "AJ! I'm gonna need some help!" he calls.

Krissy gets up off the floor and looks up intrigued.

AJ finishes up the last of the pancakes, and sets them in the microwave to stay warm. "Into the living room Kristine. Now." He ushers her into the other room, then goes upstairs to see what his husband wanted.

Ashlynn just keeps struggling with him, trying to break free so she can beat him up some more.

"You called?" AJ says, reaching Ashlynn's room.

Kevin looks up breathless. "We're going to have to dress her together. She's too big for me to do it by myself," he says.

AJ nods. "Alright. Let's do it."

Kristine stands right at the edge of the living room where it turns into the eating area of the kitchen. Her eyes flicker between the microwave and the stairs.

AJ helps Kevin get Ashlynn dressed, then takes Sammy from the struggling child. "Now, if you had've done this nicely, you could've dressed Sammy yourself," he says, changing the bear into a little suit. He gives the bear to Kevin once done.

Kevin takes the bear and puts it back into Ashlynn's arms. "You're not going to go back to sleep now anyway, so why are you still fussing?" he asks.

Krissy gets a chair from the kitchen table and pushes it over to the microwave. She climbs up on it and opens the microwave.

Ashlynn scowls, as she now shuts up and hugs Sammy tightly. She hides her face into her friend, keeping quiet.

AJ goes back downstairs, and is shocked to find Krissy at the microwave. "Kristine Michelle Richardson!" He yells. "Get away from that microwave! Now!"

Kevin hugs Ashlynn and sways, rubbing her back. "I promise no one at church will help you and then we'll go see your new Gramma, who I'm sure will make cookies," he says hoping that's incentive.

Ashlynn sniffles, turning to hide her face into his shoulder.

Krissy was in the process of reaching in for a pancake, but she freezes and hops off the chair quickly.

Kevin smiles. She was so cute when she wasn't being ornery. "Wanna sit on my lap at church?" he asks her with an excited grin.

AJ takes hold of her little hand quickly, and briskly walks over to one of the chairs at the table. He pulls it out, sits down, then takes the small child over his lap. "I'm tired of warning you Kristine Michelle. Now, you're getting one for each year. And if I have to tell you again, your pants and panties are coming off." He then spanks her clothed covered bottom five times.

Ashlynn nods slightly into his shoulder, sniffling again.

Krissy squeals and kicks not liking this position. "Owie!" she cries. "Noooo!"

Kevin nods. "Okay," he says and kisses the side of her head. "How about some breakfast?" he asks her.

AJ holds her firmly in place. "Kristine, either stop kicking or you're getting more."

Ashlynn nods slightly, suddenly realizing she was hungry.

Kevin nods. "Can I brush out your hair first?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods again. "Uh-huh."

Kristine just keeps trying to get up out of that position.

Kevin smiles and carries Ashlynn into her bathroom. "This is your very own bathroom," he says. "I didn't get to show it to you yesterday."

AJ has now had enough, and takes her overalls and panties down. He then spanks her, now bare, bottom five more times firmer than before. "I told you, Enough!"

Krissy stops pushing up against Daddy's lap, but she keeps kicking as her bottom starts to sting. "Noooo!" she cries. "I sorry. Pleeeeaaase, Daddeeeee."

AJ stops then, and sits Krissy up to hug her close. "I told you, Honey. You need to listen."

Ashlynn's eyes are wide in amazement.

Kevin smiles and pulls out a hairbrush as well as some de-tangler. "Do you like to have your hair braided or anything?" he asks.

Ashlynn shrugs; she'd never had her hair done before.

Krissy cries quietly, turning her face into his shirt, feeling very naughty and sore.

AJ rubs her back, and whispers comforting words in her ear.

Kevin gently brushes out Ashlynn's hair.

"I'll do a real quick braid," he tells her and starts moving his fingers through her hair deftly.

Krissy sniffs and wipes her eyes with the back of her hand.

Ashlynn sits still quietly, kissing Sammy's head.

AJ wipes her tears away. "Shh."

"C'n I have a pancake now?" she asks quietly.

"Yes, you may," AJ says, putting her panties and pants back on her. He then sets her at the table and gives her some pancakes.

For the last touch, Kevin puts a few silk flowers in the braid. "Do you want to see what it looks like?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin gets a mirror and positions it so Ashlynn can see the back of her head.

As was usual for Krissy after a spanking, even a little one like that, she became very quiet while she ate and didn't say anything.

AJ sits and eats with her, now also quiet.

Ashlynn nods her approval, as her tummy growls loudly.

Kevin looks surprised and grins. "Sounds like you're hungry," he says and lifts her up, taking her downstairs.

Ashlynn tries not to giggle.

Kevin walks in with Ashlynn and sets her in her chair. He looks at AJ, curious as to why their other daughter isn't chatting up a storm like she usually does at breakfast.

AJ shakes his head slightly, and wriggles his fingers so only Kevin will notice.

Ashlynn sits quietly and eats her pancakes, never having had any before.

Kevin gets himself some breakfast and a cup of coffee, taking the message from AJ.

Krissy turns to Ashlynn. "You like pancakes?" she asks quietly. "Daddy makes 'em good."

Ashlynn finishes eating quickly in response, and sits there quietly, whispering to Sammy every so often.

AJ starts to clean up what's been finished.

Krissy frowns. "I like your bear," she tells Ashlynn again.

Ashlynn gives Krissy a small smile. "Sammy likes you, too," she whispers.

Krissy grins, starting to feel better.

"Almost ready to go?" AJ asks Kevin, doing up dishes.

Ashlynn smiles back.

"An' know what else?" she asks Ashlynn. "You look pretty!"

Kevin nods gulping down the last of his breakfast. "I hope your mom cooks," he says already hungry for lunch

Ashlynn blushes furiously.

AJ laughs. "She's going to bake cookies with Krissy."

Kevin smiles. "That'll do," he says picking up Ashlynn. "Let's go cutie," he says.

AJ scoops up Krissy, kissing her head. "C'mon Munchkin."

Ashlynn rests her head on his shoulder.

Krissy lays her head on AJ's shoulder, still feeling naughty around him right now.

Kevin puts Ashlynn in the SUV and helps her get buckled, before getting in the driver's seat.

AJ sets Krissy in the car and then gets in himself.

Krissy tugs at the seat belt, not really happy about it.

Kevin starts driving towards Denise's house, putting in a CD of Disney music.

"Leave it alone, Krissy," AJ says, as they near his mother's house.

Ashlynn stares out the window, listening to the CD quietly.

Krissy frowns.

Kevin looks back at his youngest. "Kristine, you be a good girl for Gramma," he says. "I don't want any bad reports. Understand me?" he says sternly.

Krissy just nods, but doesn't make eye contact.

Kevin pulls into Denise's driveway and puts the SUV in park.

Ashlynn leans over to whisper to Krissy. "Don't be me..." She whispers so only her sister can hear. "It's no fun. I'll get you a Barbie...but Shh..."

AJ gets out to get Krissy, raising his eyebrows when he sees Ashlynn whispering to the younger girl.

Krissy nods to Ashlynn and then gives her a smile. "See you later, sissy," she says and blows Ashlynn a kiss.

Denise comes out and meets them on the front porch. "Hi! I get the baby today?" she asks happily.

Ashlynn gives her a teeny smile, as she watches AJ deposit Krissy in his mother's arms. "Yep. Have fun."

Krissy immediately puts her arms out to her Gramma who takes her from AJ. "Are you coming back right after church or do you have other things to do?" she asks.

"Coming back right after, long as someone going with us behaves," AJ smiles, giving his mom a kiss. He then gets back into the car and waves.

Ashlynn grumbles how it's not fair that Krissy gets to not go, but she has to go.

Kevin looks back at Ashlynn. "Sorry, sweetie, but Krissy had a really long night last night," he says. "We didn't get her to bed when we should have so she's not going to be able to make it through the whole service. She'll come next week, though. I promise."

Ashlynn grumbles the whole way to the Church, then complains her stocking feet are cold.

"Well, next time don't throw lamps, and you won't have to get stitches and stocking feet for Church," AJ tells her, getting out once Kevin has stopped the car.

Ashlynn gives him the finger behind his back.

Kevin opens Ashlynn's door and lifts her out.

"You're gonna sit on my lap, right?" he asks as they walk into the building.

Ashlynn clings to him and Sammy tightly. She nods briefly.

AJ holds the door open for Kevin, so he only has to worry about Ashlynn.

Kevin leads the way to the sanctuary and picks a spot in the back row.

AJ sits next to him, and goes quiet, as the service is about to start. They'd been running a bit late.

Ashlynn looks around in awe, never having had been inside a Church before.

The priest comes out shortly and starts the sermon.

Ashlynn still sits quietly looking around. She was amazed at how big it was, and how pretty it looked on the inside. She whispers softly to Sammy.

Daddy looks down and smiles at her. She was behaving. He hugs her gently around the middle with one arm and holds AJ's hand with the other.

AJ gives Kevin's hand a squeeze, as he smiles over at Ashlynn. He too was amazed she was behaving for them.

Kevin let Ashlynn whisper to Sammy as much as she wanted as long as it was whispering.

Ashlynn sits quietly for quite a while, before starting to swing her feet. She'd forgotten that they were still tender from the glass and stitches the night before. She's quiet, until she whacks her feet hard on the back of the pew in front of them. "F*CK!" She yelps, then goes wide-eyed and clamps her hands over her mouth, almost dropping Sammy in the process.

Kevin blinks. Well that was unexpected.

Ashlynn hadn't meant to cuss, and felt herself blush when people turned to look at her - well, glare at her was more like it. Even the priest had stopped talking, having had heard her as well.

AJ just looks startled beyond belief.

Ashlynn fixed her hold on Sammy and slunk down in Kevin's lap a bit. She wanted to cry, as she knew she was going to be in big trouble now.

AJ shakes his head, and glances at Kevin, not knowing what to do now.

Kevin stands up, still holding on to Ashlynn and takes her out quietly. What AJ did was up to him.

AJ just stays put, deciding to give them a few moments alone.

Ashlynn starts to cry.

Kevin goes to the nearest bench and sits down with her. "Ashlynn," he says making her look at him. "What you did was wrong, wasn't it?"

Ashlynn nods, still crying. She knew it was wrong, though not entirely sure why. She just knew she wasn't supposed to cuss - and she hadn't meant to this time. She'd been happy sitting there in his lap looking at all the pretty things.

Kevin nods. "It was an accident, wasn't it?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods again, her tears falling harder now. She'd hurt her feet in the process of swinging them.

Kevin hugs her tight. "Then guess what?" he asks.

Ashlynn sniffles and looks up at him, not knowing what.

Kevin holds her close. "Instead of a big bad spanking when we get home, it's a just a little one and just with my hand. I know you didn't mean to, but another spanking will help you remember next time you hurt yourself. Next time you'll say ow instead of the naughty word."

Ashlynn sniffles and nods slightly. Least a small spanking was better than a big one. She crawls into his lap with Sammy, still upset.

AJ comes out then. "Uh...you guys wanna go?" He asks softly. "They're still giving me weird looks in there."

He leans over and kisses Ashlynn's head. "Didn't know Church would be so eye-opening," he says, trying not to laugh. He knew it was wrong, and didn't want her to do it again, but at the same time, he couldn't help but find it slightly amusing.

Kevin smirks. "Yeah," he agrees. "Brian's been pestering me to start going to his church anyway," he says and stands up with Ashlynn.

AJ nods. "Alright. Let's go back to Mom's for lunch. I'm sure you can take care of things while we're there." He heads for the car, unlocks it, then gets it and starts it.

Ashlynn wanted to apologize, but was afraid to do so.

Kevin followed and put Ashlynn in her seat. "Sweetie, it's okay. We're not mad. You tried so hard to be a good girl and we're proud of you," he says getting next to AJ.

Ashlynn sighs softly, and stares out the window again as they drive along.

Gramma's..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Yes, more. Lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Corporal Punishment.

Soon AJ pulls back into his mother's driveway and gets out. "Krissy's gonna love us. The one time we leave early, and she's not there."

Kevin laughs. "True."

Kevin gets out and helps Ashlynn out. "This is Daddy AJ's mom," he explains as they head for the door.

AJ chuckles, and heads in. "HELLO!" He calls out, then waits for Krissy.

Ashlynn clings tightly to Kevin and Sammy. She didn't like meeting new people all the time.

She was also dreading the spanking she knew she was going to get once inside.

AJ slips his shoes off, as he still waits for Krissy's or his mom's response.

Krissy runs into the hallway with a frown. "They're not done yet!" She says angrily. "Go away."

Kevin laughs. "What do you mean go away? Where we gonna go?" he asks her taking off his own shoes.

"Hey, is that anyway to treat Daddy?" AJ asks. "I want my hug."

He pouts at her.

Denise is very quickly behind Krissy. "There almost done, Krissy," she says.

Ashlynn feels hurt, not used to hearing someone younger than her tell people to go away.

Krissy moves towards Daddy for his hug and then latches on tightly, remembering how much she missed him.

AJ smiles and scoops her up. "Hey Munchkin. Too bad you didn't go today. We got to leave early."

Krissy pulls away looking cross again. "That's not fair," She says simply and turns her back on him.

She looks up at Ashlynn and grins broadly. "Sissy!" She exclaims bouncing up and down.

"Yes, it is fair," AJ says tickling her. "You got to make cookies."

Kevin moves closer to Denise. "Mom, this is our new daughter Ashlynn," he says. "Ashlynn, this is Gramma."

Krissy melts into giggles on the floor.

Ashlynn gives Krissy a small smile, then glances at Denise nervously. She hides her face back into Kevin, then glances up at him, wanting to get her spanking over with soon as possible. She didn't want to dread going home later.

AJ keeps tickling Krissy. "Aha! It's attack of the Tickle Monster!"

Krissy shrieks with laughter.

AJ laughs too, and keeps up his crazy antics.

Denise smiles warmly at Ashlynn. "Hi, Ashlynn. I'm so glad you're here! Do you like cookies?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly, but won't look at her.

Kevin smiles and looks at Ashlynn. "Well how about we get some in just a little bit? Ashlynn and I are going to go have a little talk in your front room," he says.

Ashlynn hugs Sammy and Kevin both tighter when she hears that.

Krissy stops and looks up. "Did you talk too loud?" She asks Ashlynn as Kevin slips by his husband and youngest to get into the front living room that is hardly ever used except at Christmas.

"Shh," AJ says, picking Krissy up. "Don't be so nosey, Kiddo.” He tickles her some more, then lifts her above his head to fly into the kitchen.

Krissy laughs happily, as Denise follows them.

Kevin sits down on the couch with Ashlynn. "Why are you going to get a spanking, Ashlynn?" he asks.

AJ makes her fly about the kitchen, before coming to a stop upon the table.

Ashlynn blushes slightly, and covers her mouth, not wanting to talk.

She just hoped not talking wouldn't get her in more trouble like it had the night before.

Krissy giggles. It's fun to be on furniture. "Gramma put macadamia in it," she says slowly pronouncing the nuts.

Denise laughs. "Good girl," she says.

Kevin shakes his head. "Come on, Ashlynn," he says. "I need to know you understand why you're getting a punishment. "

"Wow! That was a big word Honey!" AJ says, smiling proudly. "You said it perfectly!" He kisses her head.

Krissy beams. "An’ I ate the dough 'afore it went in the oven," she whispers before giggling.

Ashlynn understood why, but really didn't want to talk to anyone. She clings tighter to Sammy, her eyes welling up with tears. She pointed to her middle finger, to indicate she got it.

AJ laughs. "I'll bet you did!"

"You're a lil' Cookie Monster, Babe," he smiles.

Denise loves watching her own baby with his baby.

Kevin sighs. "Do you know that saying naughty words is wrong?" he asks.

AJ picks Krissy up and pretends to eat her tummy. "Ah! Yum, yum! Tastes like cookies!"

Ashlynn nods slightly, hiding her face into Sammy.

She signs "sorry" to him in sign language - having had learned it just for the sake of it.

Kevin nods. "Alright. We're going to work on you talking, but if you're not comfortable, we'll wait a little while."

Ashlynn lets her hands do the talking for her, flying away a mile a minute.

Kevin pauses and just watches her hands.

Krissy giggles incessantly.

Ashlynn slows down a bit, hoping he can understand.

AJ still pretends to eat her tummy.

Kevin kisses the top of her head. "Ashlynn, it's okay, baby. I wish I knew sign language, but I'll learn," he promises. "I'll learn as fast as I can, but I can tell looking in your eyes you're sorry."

"Aren't you, sweetie?"

Ashlynn nods her head furiously.

Denise goes to the fridge and opens it. "What do the cookie monsters want for lunch?" she asks.

"Cookies!" AJ cries, spinning him and Krissy both around the kitchen.

Kevin smiles and hugs her tight. "Then as soon as you get this spanking you'll be all forgiven," he promises and immediately turns her over on his lap. "You can hold onto Sammy," he says as he lifts up her skirt.

Kevin reaches up and pulls down her panties next.

Ashlynn clings tightly to Sammy, feeling embarrassed some. She squirms, trying to get away, though she knows she can't.

Kevin holds her securely. "Daddy's here, Ashlynn. And he spanks you because he wants you to learn what is right and what is wrong. That's because I love you sweetheart. More than you know."

With that, Kevin raises his hand and brings it down sharply on her bottom.

Ashlynn yelps, and starts to cry once more. She hated being spanked, but never knew when or how to shut up. She hugs Sammy tighter to her.

Kevin gives her thirty solid spanks to turn her bottom a healthy shade of pink, mostly on the underside just where the thighs start.

Ashlynn sobs, and squirms around on his lap. She wished it were over with, or she could just roll off and escape.

Kevin stops after thirty and picks her up, hugging her tight. "Okay, baby. It's all over," he says softly.

Denise shakes her head. "You can't have cookies, Alex," she says.

Ashlynn whimpers and buries her face into him to cry. Sammy's still clutched to her chest.

"Sure we can!" AJ says. "Gramma's give cookies for lunch all the time! Be a Gramma, an' not a Momma."

"Cake!" Krissy exclaims.

Denise shakes her head. "I don't think so."

"Ooh! Yes! Cake!" AJ says, encouraging her.

Kevin rubs her back and rocks her. He tries to think of a good song and starts to sing a lull-a-bye he learned when Krissy was a baby.

Ashlynn sniffles softly, but soon calms and is quiet once more.

Krissy's eyes widen. "Yeah!"

"Cake! Cake! Cookies n cake!" AJ cries, still running about the kitchen, with Krissy in his arms. He could misbehave all he wanted - no one could do a thing about it.

Denise shrugs. "Okay, Alex. I'll fill her up with sugar and then send her home with you if you really want," she says and pretends to be looking for cake mix in the cupboard.

"Cookies! Cake!" AJ cries. "And I can leave her here with you! Ha!"

Krissy giggles enjoying this immensely.

He sticks his tongue out at his mother, setting a bad example - he always set bad examples when home.

Krissy copies her Daddy.

AJ just laughs and keeps driving his mother insane.

Denise gives AJ a look. "Alex Richardson, do you want her to learn that?" she asks nodding towards Krissy.

AJ shrugs. "She can use it on you if I'm around," he smirks. He had an answer for everything.

Kevin lifts Ashlynn up. "Come on, sweetie. I think Krissy misses you," he says and heads into the kitchen in time to see Krissy stick her tongue out at Denise.

AJ just laughs and does the same.

"Kristine Michelle Richardson!" he says in his sternest voice.

Ashlynn hides her face into Kevin, not feeling very missed at the moment.

Kristine shrinks a little.

AJ just sticks his tongue out at his mom. "Coulda told me he was coming."

Kevin sets Ashlynn down at the table. "I'll be right back, princess," he whispers and kisses the top of her head.

Denise shrugs.

Ashlynn pouts, not liking it when he'd leave her alone.

Kevin walks over and removes Krissy from AJ. "Corner," he says and sends her into the living room with a sharp smack to her bottom.

Krissy yelps but goes -- although very confused.

AJ rolls his eyes. He eyes his mom warily. "Wishing you could do the same, huh?" He smirks at her - he knows he can get away with things, even if he did get Krissy in shit by accident.

Kevin takes AJ by the hand and leads him out and back to the front living room. "What in the hell are you doing?!" he exclaims in a whisper.

"Messing around," AJ answers. "What? Can a guy not drive his mom insane?"

"She doesn't understand when it is or isn't okay to do something. She's too little," he says sternly.

Ashlynn starts to cry, now that she's been left alone with a woman she'd just met.

"So now she sees Daddy be rude when we tell her not to."

"Whoopsie," AJ says sheepishly.

Denise hurries over to Ashlynn. "Oh, honey, it's okay," she says gently. "They'll be right back."

Ashlynn screams, wanting her Daddy.

She whacks Denise with Sammy, wanting her to go away.

Kevin just glares at AJ. "AJ, I have Ashlynn to deal with right now. I don't need you making Krissy act up too! Come on, dude! Help me here!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry," AJ says. "I'll go explain to Krissy."

Kevin hurries back to the kitchen as Denise is backing up.

"Ashlynn, it's okay," he says.

Ashlynn reaches for him instinctively.

Kevin rushes over to Ashlynn and picks her up. "It's okay, sweetie. I'm right here."

Ashlynn buries her face into Kevin, not wanting him to leave her like that again.

Denise looks at them with concern. "I'm sorry, Ashlynn. I didn't mean to scare you," she says wondering if the boys knew what they were getting into. A victim of abuse would be a challenge for quite awhile.

AJ goes into the living room and over to Krissy. He reaches her and turns her about to face him. "Baby, Daddy's sorry he got you in trouble. I forgot you don't understand those types of things very well yet."

Kevin just holds her and rubs her back. "It's okay, Mom," he replies. "Everything’s just a little new right now."

Ashlynn clings even tighter to Kevin - accidentally dropping Sammy to the floor.

Denise rushes forward and picks up the teddy bear. "Here you go, Ashlynn," she says gently as she hands it to her.

Krissy's managed to be crying silently the whole time. Her eyes are red and her cheeks have water streaks down them.

"Kay," she agrees having no idea how else to respond to Daddy.

Ashlynn glares at Denise and grabs her Bear back from her new grandmother.

Kevin smiles. "Ashlynn, good girls say thank you when someone does something nice like that."

"Shh," AJ says giving her a hug. "Would you like for Daddy to stand here with you for a bit? Maybe then Daddy'll remember to behave too."

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tight, still glaring angrily at Denise.

Kevin smacks Ashlynn's bottom firmly. "What did I say, Ashlynn?" he asks.

Ashlynn yelps and starts to cry. She buries her face into Sammy, still not uttering a word.

Kevin pulls her up to look him in the face. "IF you don't want to talk, can you sign to gramma?" he asks.

AJ stands with Krissy in the corner, not wanting her to have to be alone because of him.

Ashlynn nods slightly, mainly seeing as she doesn't want to be spanked again.

She signs 'Sorry' then hides her face into Sammy again. She was afraid someone was going to take him from her for being bad. She was surprised she wasn't in trouble for hitting her Gramma with Sammy earlier.

Kevin smiles. "Good girl," he says.

Ashlynn wraps her arms about his neck, squashing Sammy between them. She hides her face again.

Denise smiles. "You're very welcome, Ashlynn," she says and signs, "I like your bear," to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn's surprised her Gramma knew how to do that. She lifts her head up slightly to sign back, asking for a cookie.

Kevin cranes his neck around to see his daughter and husband in jail together. He smirked. "All right you two," he says. "You can come out, but no more being rude."

Gramma smiles and signs. "Coming right up"

Krissy bounds back into the kitchen immediately. "You know Gramma language!" Krissy exclaims thoroughly impressed with her big sister.

AJ laughs as he follows Krissy back into the kitchen.

Ashlynn lays her head back on Kevin's shoulder.

Denise smiles and goes over to the oven, pulling out a baking sheet full of cookies.

Krissy climbs up on a stool at the breakfast bar.

"C'n I have one too?" She asks already reaching towards it.

Ashlynn watches Denise get the cookies. She'd never had a home-baked cookie before. When she had been permitted some, other kids would steal them from her.

"Magic word," AJ states.

Kevin readjusts Ashlynn. "You're gonna make Daddy start working out again," he says softly into her ear just before kissing the side of her head.

Ashlynn gives a small giggle, finding that funny.

Denise moves Krissy's hand. "And it's hot so no reaching Ms. Grabby."

Krissy pulls her hand back. "Please?" she asks her eyes never leaving the cookies.

"They have to cool, Krissy," AJ says, scooping her up and blowing a raspberry on her tummy.

Krissy shrieks with laughter.

"But in the meantime, what do you really want for lunch?"

AJ holds her close then.

Krissy wraps her arms around Daddy's neck, but stays active in the talking. "Macaroni and cheese!"

Kevin laughs. "You had that yesterday, goober!"

Krissy just giggles and buries her face into AJ's chest.

Ashlynn frowns, as she hadn’t gotten any mac n cheese yesterday.

AJ smiles and kisses her head.

Ashlynn scowls in Krissy's direction, not liking the attention to be shifted from her.

Kevin sits down at the kitchen table, still holding Ashlynn. "How about grilled cheese?" he suggests.

Krissy yawns and lays her head on AJ's shoulder.

Ashlynn still scowls, and starts to squirm, letting her hand hit Kevin where it counts.

AJ rubs Krissy's back. "Grilled cheese sounds good. It has cheese in it."

Kevin immediately groans and becomes sort of rigid.

Denise looks up as she starts lunch. "Kev? You okay?"

Ashlynn gives him an annoyed look.

AJ raises his eyebrows.

Kevin forces himself to breathe out and nods. "Ashlynn, please don't hit or kick or bite," he says gently. "You're a good girl and good girls don't do that."

Krissy's eyes are starting to droop as she becomes relatively dead weight in AJ's arms.

Ashlynn crosses her arms over her chest and Sammy, as her scowl deepens.

AJ hums softly to Krissy. "I think someone's going to have to wait for lunch," he says, leaving the room to go lie her down.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn with confusion. "What's wrong?" he asks. "I thought everything was going okay."

Cookie Trouble & a Lickin'..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Last one for today. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Corporal Punishment.

Denise starts making lunch. "I like your bear," she signs to Ashlynn in a free moment of her hands.

Krissy's just about conked out but mutters a little. "No nap," she says quietly and not very convincing.

Ashlynn still scowls, not saying a word or moving an inch to sign back.

AJ chuckles. "I promise you can have lots of cookies when you wake up, Baby," he says, lying her down on the spare bed.

Kevin sighs. "Sorry, Mom," he replies.

Denise shakes her head. "It's alright, Kev," she replies. "I'm sure this is all a lot to get used to."

Ashlynn squirms some. She was getting mad and didn't know why.

Kevin looks down at Ashlynn. "What's wrong, sweetie?" he asks.

Ashlynn squirms still, starting to hate her skirt. She also wants a cookie before lunch.

Kevin tries repositioning Ashlynn to make her more comfortable. "How about a cookie to hold you till lunch?" he offers. "I bet your tummy's grumbling."

Ashlynn nods her head eagerly at that. She wanted that cookie she'd been promised.

AJ returns a few moments later without Krissy. "She's out like a light."

Kevin reaches over and gets Ashlynn a cookie and them smiles at AJ.

"Jeez, Denise. You really ran her ragged!"

Denise just smiles and shrugs innocently.

Ashlynn eagerly accepts the cookie and enjoys it thoroughly.

Kevin smiles at her and kisses her head.

Denise starts making some soup to go with the sandwiches. "So why *are* you home early from church?

Ashlynn starts to squirm again at that question.

AJ looks at Kevin, trying not to smirk.

Kevin clears his throat. "Ashlynn bumped her foot and it really bothered her," he answers.

"We thought it would be best to just call it a day."

AJ nods his agreement. "Yeah. So, we figured why not come here?"

Ashlynn still squirms, now having had finished her cookie. She quietly reaches for a second one.

Kevin decides to let her get a second, but that would be it till after lunch.

Denise nods. "I see," she answers. "Why didn't Krissy go?"

Ashlynn munches on her newest cookie happily.

"She was exhausted from yesterday, and would have never made it through the service," AJ answers honestly.

Denise nods again. "Ah! So that's why she's gone to sleep so early today," she says understanding.

Kevin nods.

Ashlynn starts to reach for a third cookie, liking the taste of them very much.

"Yep," AJ smiles.

Kevin pulls Ashlynn's hand back gently. "No more until after lunch, sweetie," he says gently.

Ashlynn scowls and yanks her hand back. She wanted another cookie! She tries again, but this time lets Sammy try to take one.

AJ goes over to help Denise with lunch.

Kevin pulls Sammy's arm back too. "C'mon, Sammy. Don't you go getting Ashlynn in trouble," he says. "Daddy said no."

Ashlynn starts to squirm again, once more going for the cookies. This time she manages to grab one and goes to put it in her mouth.

AJ leans over and gives his mom's cheek a kiss. "Sorry 'bout before Momma," he says softly. "Forgot Krissy don't understand everything just yet."

Kevin intercepts the cookie and puts it on the plate.

Kevin turns Ashlynn to look at him. "I can spank you right here if you want," he says. "You'll get more cookies, but not till after lunch."

Denise smiles. "No problem," she says. "I know you weren't trying to be rude and it's easy to get carried away. Just don't forget to support Kevin. He seems pretty stressed out."

Ashlynn huffs angrily, scowling up at him. She only wanted one more - what was the big deal? She reaches over and grabs the same cookie again, this time crushing it into her small fist.

AJ nods. "I think he is. He's been dealing with Ashlynn - I've just been the back-up."

Kevin sighs. He gets a napkin and brushes the crumbs off Ashlynn's hand.

Then he picks her up and lays her over his lap.

Ashlynn starts to fight with him again, now angrier than before.

The dress goes up, the panties come down, and Kevin's hand starts spanking the bottom -- harder than he had for the naughty word in church.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She didn't get what the big deal was over one lousy cookie.

AJ sighs, as he tries to drone Ashlynn out.

Denise is careful not to give it too much attention. "How many times is that since you got her?" she asks AJ softly.

Kevin keeps spanking. "When I say no, Ashlynn, it means no. There is no discussion."

"Too many," AJ sighs heavily. "She just doesn't know how to behave."

"If I say no and you do it anyway, you're disobeying. That is very naughty."

Ashlynn bites his leg again, then manages to move her hand to hit him between the legs.

Kevin grimaces and then immediately groans.

Ashlynn tries to squirm away, and tries to keep hold of Sammy as well.

He stands up and carries her over to the couch, laying her over his lap so that her head is a good distance away from his leg and then holds her hand pinned to her back. "AJ? I need a wooden spoon please," he says.

AJ retrieves a wooden spoon and goes over to give it to his husband. He hands it over silently, then leaves the room again shaking his head.

Ashlynn struggles more and starts to cry harder because Sammy's not in her arms now.

Kevin takes the spoon and starts spanking her with that, very hard.

"What did I say about hitting and biting, Ashlynn?" he asks.

Ashlynn screams. "I WANT SAMMY!"

Kevin stops, but holds her firmly in place. "AJ! Bring Sammy please!"

AJ rolls his eyes slightly, but brings Sammy in nonetheless.

In the meantime, Kevin gives Ashlynn a few more spanks with the spoon. "You did really well about your language, Ashlynn. I'm very proud of you! But now you've got to learn not to hit and bite and kick."

Kevin takes the bear from AJ and hands it to Ashlynn.

Someday, he would keep Sammy as a punishment, but at the moment he's sure it would be torture.

Once she has Sammy he starts to spank her very hard with the spoon again.

Ashlynn clutches Sammy tightly. She didn't care if she got spanked every day for the rest of her life - long as she had Sammy with her she knew she'd be okay. She screams again as he still spanks her.

Kevin keeps spanking the little bottom, especially the tender spot that connects the thighs to bottom. "You have to tell me when you're ready to behave, Ashlynn. I'm not going to stop until then."

Ashlynn just keeps crying, while trying to break free. She grows mad, and reaches back to pinch him - hard.

Kevin frowns. This spanking thing is not working and she won't talk to him. What on Earth is he supposed to do?

Ashlynn sobs, wanting to go back to the kitchen and eat.

Kevin puts the spoon down and does the only thing he can think of. He picks Ashlynn up and holds her the way you're supposed to hold children with anger management problems. They can't move, but they can breathe.

"Alright, Ashlynn, calm down," he says soothingly. "Take some deep breaths. You're perfectly safe. No one's going to hurt you. No one's going to leave you. Daddy and I are going to help you learn how to be a good girl because we love you to death. But if you need to be upset, that's okay. But we're not going to hurt anyone anymore."

Ashlynn just screams and sobs. She wanted to go play, to eat more cookies - anything but be stuck where she was. She scrunches her face up in anger and concentration, then purposely pees all over his feet. She did not want to calm down and refused to do so for anyone.

Kevin sighed and let her go. He didn't have any other choice.

Ashlynn flopped herself down onto the floor and started to kick and scream, though she'd made sure to avoid her own urine.

"Denise, I'm sorry," he says walking back into the kitchen. "I just... spanking her doesn't do any good and my arm is exhausted. So I tried to hold her but she urinated all over your carpet."

Denise shook her head. "Not your fault," she says getting out the carpet cleaner and a rag.

"She what!?!?!" AJ exclaims. He thinks a moment. "Maybe it's what you're spanking her with, Kev. She might not know exactly how bad a spanking can be."

Kevin turns to AJ. "She's throwing a tantrum now. Maybe you and Krissy should stay here until I can figure out how to handle her. At this rate, I don't know if she'll hurt Krissy and I know she'll have a bad effect on Krissy's mood."

"Oh, boy," AJ says. "That's the last thing we need."

Kevin looks at AJ with slight irritation. "AJ, my arm is sore. I haven't used it like this in years."

"I know, I know," AJ says, holding up his hands in defense. "But, I bet she's never been spanked like this before. She's probably screaming through it all, trying to brave through it."

Krissy quietly makes her way through the kitchen while the grown ups are talking and goes over to Ashlynn, not really realizing she could get hit. "Ashlynn?" she asks squatting far too close to a flailing eight year old.

Kevin rubs his temples. "I don't have energy to whip her right now, AJ. I'm sorry. Maybe give me ten minutes."

Ashlynn keeps flailing her arms, not seeing nor hearing Krissy - if she had've she would've stopped.

AJ nods. "It's up to you."

Denise looks at them both sympathetically. "You know you can leave Krissy here as long as you want."

AJ nods. "Yes, we know mom."

Krissy gets a little closer. "Ashlynn?" she says a little louder just before getting smacked in the head by one of Ashlynn's arms.

Ashlynn pauses when she realizes she's hit something - or someone.

"OWWWWWWWWWW!" She cries falling backwards and starting to cry.

Kevin turns around surprised that one, the first yelling stopped, and that a new yelling has started.

Ashlynn sits up abruptly, ignoring the pain in her bottom. "Krissy!" She gasps slightly. Her eyes welled up with tears. "I'm sorry!" She cries, reaching to help Krissy up. "I'm sorry Krissy! I'm sorry!"

AJ's eyebrows shoot up. "Oh, no, she didn't. Did she?"

Krissy just lays on the ground, curled up, holding the side of her head that throbs.

Kevin doesn't even want to think about it.

Ashlynn feels panicked, and goes closer to see if her sister's okay. "Krissy?" She says softly. "I didn't mean to Krissy! I'm sorry!"

He races into the living room and immediately turns Krissy over onto her back. "Ashlynn back up, honey," he says in a tone that does not allow for argument.

Krissy fights to roll back over as she cries. She's scared and her head hurts

Ashlynn quickly backs off, now terrified. She grabs Sammy and clutches him vastly to her chest.

AJ comes running in after Kevin. "Is she okay?" He demands, glaring hard at Ashlynn.

Kevin makes her stay on her back and holds her head. "Kristine, look at Daddy," he says softly. "Come on, sweetie. Calm down. I'm right here."

Krissy just sobs, but looks at Kevin. "My head hurts," she tells him putting her little hand over his.

AJ's look hardens, not at all amused.

Kevin looks back at AJ. "I don't know," he answers. "Probably just a good bang. Depends on what she got hit with and how hard."

Ashlynn backs further away from them.

AJ bites his tongue, trying to hold back his anger.

Denise stands in the doorway, barring Ashlynn's escape and watching with worry. "Do you want some ice?" she asks.

Kevin nods. "Please," he answers.

Krissy's eyes start to droop and become unfocused.

Ashlynn's started to cry, as she still tries to back up somewhere to hide.

Kevin nods. "Yep, concussion."

AJ curses softly.

Kevin turns and looks at AJ. "C'mere. You have to keep her awake. You know the drill," he says.

AJ nods and scoops Krissy up into his arms, and does what he can to keep her awake.

Denise hurries in with a bag of ice.

Kevin turns to Ashlynn, but is very careful not to charge her. "Did you hit her on purpose?" he asks.

AJ takes it and gently places it on Krissy's head.

Ashlynn shakes her head no frantically.

Krissy whimpers and clings to AJ.

AJ rubs her back. "Shh."

Kevin sighs. "All because you had to throw a tantrum," he says. "And your sister might have to go to the hospital. Is that what you wanted?"

Ashlynn still shakes her head no, letting out a small whimper.

Kevin sighs again. "Ashlynn, do you want us to take you back to where no one cares?" he asks. "Because if that's what you really want, we will. We want to be your family and to let you have fun things you never had before, but if you want to go back, we'll take you back. Just tell me what you want."

Krissy's eyes start to close again.

Ashlynn starts to wail upon hearing that. He'd told her he was her Daddy and he wasn't going to ever leave her. She felt her heart shatter into a zillion little pieces.

"Hey-hey! Stay up, Munchkin!" AJ says, patting Krissy lightly.

Kevin just stands there. "Well?" he asks. "Daddies want to make their babies happy," he says. "I'm your Daddy. If taking you back will make you happy, I will. Is that what you want your Daddy to do?" he asks.

Krissy's eyes flutter open for a few seconds, but she can't focus on him very well.

"Daddy... tired." she mumbles, slurring her words.

Ashlynn just sobs harder. He'd promised.

"Crap! Kev!" AJ says.

Kevin spins around. "What?"

"She's not too good!" AJ says, looking panicked.

Kevin sighs. "I swear they're going to take them both away!" he says getting frustrated. "AJ, I can't take Ashlynn to the hospital. Who knows what she'll do?"

"I'll take Krissy," AJ says. "I'll call once I know everything's okay."

Denise nods. "They're going to want to know how this happened," she reminds them.

"She got in her sister's way. Plain and simple," AJ says.

Kevin nods. "Kay. Thanks. Krissy, sing to Daddy in the car, Okay?"

Krissy starts humming but no words come out and it's very soft.

Kevin turns to Ashlynn. "You, young lady, are going to get a lickin'," he tells her.

AJ gets up then and hurries out to the car. He straps her in, then speeds off as quickly as he dares to.

Ashlynn just sobs even harder.

Denise leaves the room to give them privacy.

Kevin starts to take off his belt.

Ashlynn clings tightly to Sammy.

AJ still speeds off towards the Hospital.

Krissy's stopped humming and is sleeping in her booster seat.

"KRISSY!" AJ snaps loudly. "WAKE-UP!"

Kevin walks over to Ashlynn and takes Sammy. "You hurt your sister. No more Sammy until bedtime," he says and puts the bear up on a shelf"

Then he bends Ashlynn over the couch and holds her there firmly.

"SAMMY!" Ashlynn screams, reaching for her bear. She was now officially scared - her safety had just left her arms.

"This is a lickin', Ashlynn. IT's going to hurt a lot. But you have been so naughty. And even still, I'm not going to take you back. I asked you if you wanted me to and you didn't say yes, so you're going to stay my baby. And that means when you're naughty like this you get a lickin'."

With that, Kevin brings his belt back and whips Ashlynn's bare backside with it.

Given that he was the dominant person in his marriage to AJ, he'd used it on his husband a time or two and knew how not to cut the skin or leave horrible welts. But knew it hurt.

Ashlynn screams loudly, her tears falling harder and faster now.

AJ reaches the hospital and quickly gets out, parking in a "No Parking Zone" as he gets Krissy and runs in to get help.

The triage nurse immediately takes them back and a doctor starts working her right away. "What happened?" the doctor asks.

Kevin gives her another lash. "This is what happens to my daughters when they inflict harm on their sisters," he says.

AJ sighs heavily. "She got in the way of her sister's tantrum and got hit."

Ashlynn screams again, still wanting Sammy.

Kevin delivers another lash. "Sammy comes down from the shelf when you start showing me you're going to be good," he says. "Not a moment before."

Ashlynn screams again, trying not to choke on her sobs.

The doctor shakes his head. "How old is the other child?" he asks.

"Eight," AJ answers.

The doctor looks surprised. "Eight and throwing tantrums?"

"We just adopted her yesterday," AJ says. "In and out of Homes."

The doctor nods, finally understanding.

Kevin gives Ashlynn two more lashes.

Ashlynn screams both times. She wasn't angry anymore, she was now extremely upset and sore.

"Is she going to be all right?" AJ asks worriedly.

Kevin stops, but holds Ashlynn down. "Are you going to be a good girl?" he asks.

Ashlynn lets loose another sob, as she nods slightly.

Kevin delivers another three lashes.

"Is there going to be anymore hitting, biting, or kicking?" he asks.

Ashlynn starts to hiccup and shakes her head no.

The doctor nods. "Yeah. I think she got it in a pressure point is all," he says.

AJ gives a slight sigh of relief. "So...no permanent damage?"

"We'll do a CAT scan to check for any bleeding, but I doubt an eight year old could cause bleeding. I've given her something in the IV to help her wake up and then we'll keep her awake for most of the night. Short naps."

"Alright," AJ nods, though it was just barely afternoon.

Kevin puts the belt down and gathers Ashlynn up in his arms. "Alright, it's over," he says completely exhausted but willing himself to stay strong for her.

Ashlynn sobs uncontrollably into his shoulder. "Sammy..." She whimpers.

Kevin looks into her eyes. "You understand that if you do something like this again, I'll take him away again?" he asks.

Krissy's eyes flutter open and she seems a little freaked out at being someplace strange.

Ashlynn nods through her tears. She was scared without her best - and only - friend.

AJ smoothes her hair back. "Shh, Baby. Daddy's here."

Krissy whimpers a little. "I sorry, Daddy," she says worried she's here because she did something wrong.

"Baby, you did nothing wrong," AJ murmurs, kissing her head softly.

The doctor steps up. "Krissy? Do you remember how you hurt your head?" he asks.

AJ sighs.

Kevin picks up Ashlynn and carries her over to the bookshelf. He reaches up and gets the bear.

"Here you go," he says giving Sammy back to Ashlynn.

Krissy shakes her head. "Ashlynn sad," she says.

Ashlynn reaches for Sammy, and hugs him extremely tight when she gets him back.

AJ just listens to Krissy.

The doctor smiles. "So I heard," he tells her. "Do you mind if we do a test on your head?" he asks her.

Kevin takes Ashlynn over to the couch and replaces her panties, not caring that it was tender on her spanked and whipped bottom.

AJ rubs Krissy's hand lightly with his thumb.

Ashlynn winces, and tears up again, squirming slightly.

Once clothed again, he takes her back to the kitchen where Denise is putting away lunch. AT least it was re-heatable.

Krissy looks worried. "No shots. Kay?" she asks.

Ashlynn buries her face into Sammy.

The doctor smiles. "Nope! No shots," he agrees. "IT's a funny tunnel that can read your mind. Sounds silly, huh?" he asks.

AJ chuckles, finding that amusing.

Kevin walks up to Denise. "Ashlynn, you need to tell Gramma something," he says. "It was very naughty to go potty on her carpet. What do you say?" he asks sternly.

Ashlynn blushes furiously, and quickly signs 'sorry'.

Kevin shakes his head. "I know you can talk and you're going to say it like a big girl," he says. "Or you’re going back over the couch."

Krissy smiles and nods. "Kay," She agrees.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She didn't want to go back over the couch, nor did she want to talk.

The doctor beams. "Wonderful!" He turns to AJ. The nurse will be in shortly to take you both down to radiology.

AJ smiles warmly at Krissy.

"Alright," he says.

Krissy reaches up to AJ, wanting to be picked up.

Kevin sighs. "Alright, Ashlynn. Couch it is."

AJ picks Krissy up, careful not to disturb anything she's attached to.

"No!" Ashlynn wails.

Kevin stops just as he's about to go back in the living room. "Then I want to hear you say you're sorry to Gramma."

Ashlynn looks pleadingly at Denise for help, signing stuff to her, knowing Kevin doesn't understand it. She tells her Gramma she's sorry, but really doesn't want to talk to anybody other than Krissy just yet.

Denise watches the hands carefully and then smiles warmly at Ashlynn. "Okay," She says and signs. "Kevin, I think Ashlynn's going to need some time before she's ready to talk," she says. "It's okay. I think her apology is sincere."

Ashlynn wipes at her eyes, as she hiccups.

Kevin hesitates but relents. "Alright," he agrees and then sits Ashlynn down in a chair.

Ashlynn squirms and reaches up for him again.

Krissy rests against him and yawns. "Still tired," she tells him, rubbing her eyes.

Kevin kisses her nose. "I need to go to the boy's room," he whispers. "Can you wait five minutes?" he asks. "Please?"

"Yes, I know Baby," AJ murmurs softly. "But you need to stay awake as long as you can."

"Why?" Krissy asks.

Ashlynn pouts, but nods slightly, while trying not to cry.

"Because sissy hurt your head pretty good without meaning to," AJ answers.

Kevin beams and kisses her again. "Thank you, Princess," he says.

"Is she in trouble?" Krissy asks.

"Yes. Lots of trouble," AJ answers. "Why?"

Ashlynn places her arms upon the table, and hides her face into them. Sammy remains on her lap.

Denise smiles at Ashlynn. She signs: "Are you hungry?"

Ashlynn peeks up and nods slightly. She was starved!

Krissy gets one of her thoughtful faces. "I didn't mean to get hurted," she tells Daddy like Ashlynn being in trouble is her fault.

Denise smiles and signs. "How about grilled cheese, soup, and five cookies? You can eat them in any order."

"It's not your fault, Baby," AJ assures her. "Ashlynn shouldn't have been acting like that."

Ashlynn can't help but grin. She starts to sign, asking for the cookies, but stops and thinks better of it. "Grilled Cheese," she signs. "Daddy said cookies are later."

Denise beams. "My! You are a good girl!" she says and signs, praising Ashlynn. "Would you like to learn how to bake cookies with me next time you come to visit?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods her head eagerly.

Hospital & Home Again..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Sorry I t took me so damned long to update. Been busy, since we're getting closer to Christmas. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves.

A nurse comes in with Krissy's chart and smiles at them. "You know your fans would never believe you're a softy, AJ McLean," she chided as she brought a wheel chair to the side of the bed.

AJ chuckles. "Well, let that be our lil' secret."

Denise smiles. "Then next Saturday, you'll come over and we'll bake cookies and maybe cupcakes if we have time," she promises in sign language.

Kevin returns to the kitchen and lifts Ashlynn up before sitting down with her in his lap.

Krissy giggles. "Daddy was hot stuff!" she declares proudly. The nurse laughs. "Is that so?" she asks. "Well I have to say I agree," She says. "Now do you want to ride in this special chair?" She asks. "Or do you want your daddy to carry you?"

Ashlynn signs back she can't, because Brian's going to come over and she's going to tackle him for his autograph.

"Could we both ride in it?" AJ asks, wriggling his eyebrows playfully. "It looks like fun."

Denise laughs good-naturedly. "Is he really?" she asks. "Can I come too?" She signs.

Kevin's very confused, only hearing half of the conversation.

"If Daddy says you can," Ashlynn signs.

"But Brian's MINE!" She adds in sign language.

Ashlynn picks up her grilled cheese then, and eats it quietly.

Denise chuckles and nods. "You can have him, but his wife might object," she signs back and then looks up at Kevin. "Can I come on Saturday?" She asks.

Kevin laughs. "Since when do you ask to come over?" he asks. "You know you can come over whenever."

The nurse smiles and nods. "Sure," she agrees. "Hop in."

Ashlynn puts her lunch down to sign, "I'm a gonna marry him! SHE can have somebody else! I'm specialer."

Krissy yawns again and holds onto AJ tightly. She likes talking to people, but she's still tired and doesn't feel great.

AJ sits in the wheelchair, and sits Krissy up. "You know, these things are the best part of being here."

Denise just smiles and then signs. "What about their kids?" She asks.

Krissy giggles quietly. "Why?"

"Because they can go REALLY fast!" AJ exclaims.

Ashlynn shrugs as she goes back to eating, after signing, "They can go with their Momma."

Krissy giggles and the nurse laughs. "Not when I'm driving," she says.

AJ pouts. "Aww."

Denise nods. "I think you'll like their kids," she signs. "Baylee's your age. And he's as cute as Brian."

Ashlynn's eyes light up at that. She didn't know Brian had someone her age to play with.

Ashlynn stops eating then, and signs quickly to Denise, in a pleading way. "Gramma, please tell Daddy I'm good. Please! He dunno yet."

Denise smiles and turns to Kevin. "Kev, Ashlynn would like you to know she's a good girl."

Kevin smiles and hugs Ashlynn tight. "I know you are, sweetie. That's why I'm not gonna give you back. EVER!" he declares and then tickles her.

Ashlynn can't help but giggle and squirm in his lap.

AJ bounces Krissy slightly, as they roll along.

The nurses delivers them to radiology. "I'll be back to get you guys," she says and then leaves them with the tech.

AJ nods and cuddles Krissy.

The tech, also a woman who was in her early twenties when BSB was big, comes forward with a huge smile. "Hi!" she exclaims.

AJ chuckles. "Hello."

Daddy smiles and sneaks a bite of Ashlynn's sandwich. "Do you want to go meet up with your Daddy and Krissy?" he asked after swallowing.

Krissy smiles. "Hi," she answers.

The tech wheels them into the room with the CAT scan. "It's so cool that you have kids, AJ. Really shows how normal you are," she says.

Ashlynn nods yes. She wanted to give her sister a hug.

"Thanks," AJ smiles.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, finish your sandwich and then Gramma will drive us to the hospital," he says.

The tech squats in front of Krissy. "You ready to have your mind read?" she asks.

Krissy nods.

The tech smiles. "Okay. Your daddy's going to lay you down on the bed thing and then your head goes in this circle and takes some pictures and then it's all over. Okay?"

Krissy just nods, a little intimidated by the big equipment.

AJ kisses her head lovingly, then gets up and lies her down. "You're a very brave girl, Krissy. Daddy's very proud of you."

Ashlynn finishes her sandwich, but then asks Gramma in sign language if she can have her cookies now, and some for Krissy.

Gramma smiles and nods. "Of course," she signs and makes up a large basket of cookies for all of them.

Ashlynn smiles and makes Sammy dance on the table.

Krissy smiles. "C'n we go home now?" She asks rubbing her eyes again.

The tech sets everything up, not wanting to make AJ stand aside till the last possible moment.

"No. not yet, Baby Doll," AJ says softly. "But Daddy's gonna stay with you."

The tech gets everything ready and then steps up. "Um, AJ, if you stay on this side of the wall, you'll get exposed to all that radiation. There's a window so you can see her, though."

Kevin stands up and takes the basket from Gramma. "Do you mind driving?" he asks.

"Alright," AJ nods, kissing Krissy's head. "Daddy's not going far, Baby. Be still."

Denise just rolls her eyes. "Stop asking silly questions," she says and reaches up to bop him on the head.

Krissy bites her lip but doesn't cry.

Ashlynn giggles.

The tech hurries back behind the wall and starts the test.

AJ gives her another kiss, then moves out of the way. "You're my big brave girl," he tells her.

Kevin follows Denise out to the car and opens up the back door. He helps Ashlynn get strapped in and then gets in the passenger seat.

"So who's going to be there Saturday?" Denise asks.

The test lasts about five minutes and then the tech gives AJ the all clear sign so he can go back to Krissy who's started whimpering at the loud noise.

"Brian!" Ashlynn signs excitedly.

Denise chuckles. "Other than Brian."

AJ hurries back over to Krissy, and picks her up to hold her close. "Hey, it's okay."

Ashlynn smiles brightly, munching on a cookie she'd snuck out of the basket.

Kevin smiles. "Well Samantha, Baylee, Ben, and Grace," he says listing off the Littrell’s.

Krissy wraps her arms around AJ's neck and holds on for dear life. The last two days had just been too much.

AJ rubs her back and sings softly in her ear. He kisses her head every so often too.

Ashlynn squirms, trying not to scowl at all the other Littrell’s coming along.

Krissy immediately calms down and rests her head on his shoulder.

AJ smiles, and just hugs her closer to him.

The tech comes back out, unable to not smile at them. "I can take you back to the exam room," she offers.

"Thank-you," AJ says, rocking Krissy slightly.

"And Nick's bringing Becky and their new baby... and....Howie will be bringing Caroline," he says finishing it up.

Denise smiles. "I'm so proud of Howie. Never got married but adopted and is doing so well at single parenting."

Ashlynn huffs in the backseat, feeling forgotten as she eats her sixth cookie.

Sammy has two hiding in his suit pockets.

The tech wheels them back to the ER as Krissy is still a little restless. "Go to sleep now?" she asks hopefully.

Kevin looks back and smiles at Ashlynn. "Are you saving some for Krissy?" he asks.

"No, I don't think you can just yet, Baby," AJ says softly.

Ashlynn just giggles and eats another one.

Kevin laughs. "You're never gonna eat dinner," he says shaking his head.

Ashlynn just gives him an innocent grin.

The doctor comes in shortly, smiling. "How're we doing?" he asks them.

Gramma looks back at Ashlynn. "Sweetie, why don't you save some for later?" she suggests, unable to sign while driving.

Ashlynn nods, but takes one more, holding up one finger as she takes it.

"Alright. But she wants to sleep," AJ answers.

Gramma nods. "One more," She agrees. "And don't forget Sammy has two," she says. "You don't want them to get old and make bugs try to eat him."

Gramma's know everything.

Ashlynn looks shocked at first, but then giggles and takes them out of Sammy's pockets. She reaches up to hand them to Kevin.

The doctor nods. "I expect so! Well I've looked at the CAT scans. No bleeding. A little swelling, but that's normal with this sort of injury. It'll go down in a day or two. She might be a little uncoordinated for the rest of the day, but again, she should be okay by tomorrow. As for sleep. One hour naps. No longer for the next twelve hours. She has to stay awake for about half an hour between. Okay?"

Kevin smiles. "Thanks, baby. I'll keep them safe," he promises as Denise arrives at the hospital.

"Okay," AJ nods. "I'll remember that."

Ashlynn smiles, and unbuckles Sammy and herself.

Kevin gives Denise a kiss on the cheek before climbing out. "Say bye to Gramma," he reminds Ashlynn before pulling her out of the car.

The doctor shakes AJ's hand. "And that's it. You're free to go." Then he turns to Krissy. "Just don't get to close to tantrum throwers again, okay?"

Krissy smiles and nods.

Ashlynn waves, and clings to Kevin, Sammy, and the cookies.

AJ chuckles, and kisses her head. "She won't." He thanks the doctor, then carries her out.

Kevin almost runs right into AJ, rounding a corner.

"Whoa!" he says with a smile. "Everything okay?"

"Yep. Just a lil' bit of swelling. One hour naps for the next twelve hours, with a half hour of being awake in between," AJ tells him. He then eyes Ashlynn warily.

If this day has taught Krissy anything, it's that she doesn't get her other Daddy anymore so she doesn't bother reaching for him.

Kevin nods. "Got it," he says. "Ashlynn, what do you say to Krissy?" he asks.

Ashlynn frowns. She'd already said sorry numerous times - didn't their daddies know that?

Kevin frowns right back. "Ashlynn, Krissy deserves an apology. Look. She got a needle stick and everything," he says.

Ashlynn tears up. She'd apologized before. Why did they always have to hear everything to believe it.

Krissy's not even looking at Ashlynn. The girl stole one of her daddies and hasn't been very nice. She just stays attached to Daddy AJ, her back to Daddy and Ashlynn.

AJ sighs, though he still gives Ashlynn a dirty look.

Kevin sighs too. "All right, but you're getting off easy this time," he says sternly. "AJ? Where'd you park?" he asks.

AJ gives Ashlynn another hard glare, then leads the way out to the car.

Kevin follows and helps Ashlynn into the backseat. "Krissy?" he asks as AJ puts her in the other side. "How do you feel?" he asks.

Krissy doesn't even acknowledge him, but gives AJ a kiss on the cheek before he closes the door.

AJ looks at Kevin over top the car. "She thinks Ashlynn gets you now. That only I'm her Daddy now," he explains.

Ashlynn sets the basket of cookies in her lap along with Sammy.

Kevin's heart just about breaks. "I'm sorry," is all he can think to say.

AJ gets in the driver's seat and starts the car.

Ashlynn glances over at Krissy, and taking a cookie out of the basket, goes to hand it to her. "Here," she whispers so only Krissy can hear.

Krissy turns to look at Ashlynn, but doesn't take the cookie. "No, thank-you," She replies as politely as she knows how. "You sad so you c'n have 'em."

"I got 'em for you," Ashlynn whispers, again trying to get Krissy to take the cookie.

Kevin puts in some soft music. Nothing in particular as he looks out the window, a little afraid that AJ's as mad as Krissy is.

AJ reaches over and pats Kevin's leg lightly as he drives. He gives his husband a small, warm smile. It was Ashlynn he was mad at, not Kevin.

Krissy shakes her head. "No," she says firmly. She's partially mad at Ashlynn and mostly afraid of her.

"I'm sorry," Ashlynn whispers. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Kevin smiles back at AJ, grateful for that. He needed that. Then he turns and looks at Krissy. "Kristine, Ashlynn's being nice. You need to be nice back."

Krissy whimpers. "I *am*," she insists her eyes tearing up. "I being polite," she says trying very hard not to yell.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, honey? I think Krissy's just tired. Maybe after she takes a nap she'll feel more like cookies," he suggests hoping that's true.

"I'd like for you two to not talk to each other right now," AJ says. "I'm in no mood to hear arguing of any sort."

Ashlynn dejectedly drops the cookie back into the basket. She wanted to leave now - she'd made her sister and one Daddy hate her, and she knew it,

Krissy obeys the nice daddy and goes back to looking out the window.

Ashlynn throws a cookie at Kevin's head, to get his attention. She wanted the other Daddy to take her back to where she'd been yesterday. She didn't deserve a family - not at all.

AJ grits his teeth as the cookie flies up front.

Kevin turns back to the front and sighs. "What do you wanna do when we get home?" he asks and then looks back at Ashlynn. "What?" he asks. "We talked about throwing food yesterday," he says.

"Go back," Ashlynn says flatly, though it's not what she wants at all.

"We never did return those things," AJ answers.

Kevin nods. "I know," he tells AJ. "I'll handle it tomorrow. At this point, I don't think making her do it will achieve much."

He turns to looks at Ashlynn. "Back to Gramma's?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head. "Go back!" She says.

"Don't think anything will do much good," AJ grumbles.

Kevin shakes his head. "She was fabulous last night and fabulous when I took my belt to her," he says. "I don't know what's going on now because she won't talk to me. At least your mom could communicate."

Kevin looks back at Ashlynn. "Honey, I don't understand. "Where do you want to go back to?" he asks.

Ashlynn tears up. "Not home."

"The Home?" AJ snaps slightly. He was highly annoyed and still pissed off.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin sighs. "You want to go back to the foster home? Why?" he asks confused. "I thought you were going to meet Brian."

Krissy is curled up in her corner of the backseat, highly distressed about all the tension in the car.

Ashlynn shakes her head. She didn't deserve to meet Brian.

Kevin sighs. "If Gramma meets us at home, will you explain it to her so at least I know what to tell the social worker?" he asks.

"Look, just because I'm pissed and Krissy won't take a damn cookie, doesn't mean you have to get all the f*cking attention!" AJ snaps, having had enough. "The world does not evolve around Ashlynn! Yes, we care. Yes, we took you into our home. And why you can't accept that, I don't know! But I wish you would stop and think and remember you have a sister who needs both of us too! You can't just keep one of us to yourself, as though we're your f*cking slave! And if you don't stop this f*cking shit, I'm going to smack your ass myself!"

Ashlynn goes quiet then, hiding her face into Sammy as she starts to cry. She'd been right - he didn't want her anymore.

Kevin looks at AJ in surprise. He's not sure if that was the right thing to do, but obviously AJ was at the end of his rope.

Krissy's not used to hearing Daddy talk like that and starts crying too.

Kevin pulls out the cell-phone and calls Denise, asking her to meet them at the house.

AJ pulls into the driveway, then gets out slamming his door shut. He gets Krissy and talks to her lovingly as he heads for the house.

Krissy clings to him, scared and unsure what's going on.

AJ takes Krissy up to her room to play.

Ashlynn stifles a wail, now frightened of her other Daddy. ~start new chapter here~

Kevin gets out slowly and goes around to Ashlynn's side. "C'mon, Ash," he says gently as he helps her out of the car. "Daddy's not as much mad as he is worried," he says gently. "He's worried about you and about Krissy and he doesn't know how to help you. That's all," he says as he takes her inside.

"I promise."

Ashlynn hides her face into him, sobbing now.

Krissy won't let go of Daddy for the world and keeps her face buried in his shirt.

AJ sits down in the rocking chair that's in her room, and rocks her as he sings softly.

Krissy looks up and sniffles. "C'n I have a ba ba?" She asks in her ultimate baby talk.

Kevin takes Ashlynn to his big leather recliner/rocker in the living room and sits down with her.

"Sure," AJ murmurs, getting up to go get one for her. He retrieves it from the kitchen, then takes them back upstairs.

Ashlynn puts a death grip on him.

He cradles her in his arms and brushes the hair away from her forehead. "Shh," he says softly. "It's okay."

She hugs Sammy too them.

Daddy pats her rump gently, which should feel more comforting than painful.

Ashlynn sniffles, and hiccups slightly.

Krissy clings to Daddy afraid she's made him mad too since she didn't want a cookie. "I sorry, Daddy," she whispers. "I eat cookie if ya want."

AJ sighs and kisses her head. "I'm not mad at you, Baby Doll. You were good. I'm mad at Ashlynn."

Kevin keeps rocking her and kissing her forehead. "Ashlynn... my good little baby, tell Daddy what's wrong," he says softly. "Just like the bath. Tell Daddy what's wrong."

Ashlynn sniffles and hides her face into him.

Kevin decides to give up on this conversation for a few minutes. Best thing is probably to just hold her and let her calm down.

So he rocks her in the recliner and rubs her back.

AJ holds Krissy closer to him.

Ashlynn hiccups, but soon manages to calm down again.

Krissy points to the bookshelf. "C'n we read a story?" she asks.

"Sure, Baby," AJ smiles, lifting her up and going over to the bookshelf. "Pick a book, Honey."

Kevin caresses the back of Ashlynn's head. "I don't want you to go," he says softly. "You're my baby."

"They don't want me..." Ashlynn whispers softly, hiding her face into him and Sammy.

Krissy reaches down, almost falling out of AJ's arms, and pulls a book of fairy tales off the shelf. "Red Riding Hood please," she says.

"Alrighty," AJ smiles, taking the book and going to sit in the rocking chair. Once they're settled, he starts to read as he rocks slowly.

Kevin has to think about that for a few minutes to discern whom she means. "Daddy AJ and Krissy?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly. "Uh-huh."

Krissy pops her thumb in her mouth and listens attentively.

AJ kisses her head, and continues on with what he's doing.

Kevin shakes his head. "I think Krissy's afraid of you, but she still likes you," he promises.

Ashlynn frowns. What about her other Daddy? He didn't seem to like her too much.

"And I think Daddy AJ's worried about you. He wants you to understand that we love you, but it's hard to tell sometimes if you understand that."

"And he doesn't know if you're going to be dangerous with Krissy, so he's worried about her too. He's just worried all over."

AJ finishes the book and sings softly to Krissy.

Krissy's eyes start to droop.

Ashlynn sighs. She was tired and wanted to sleep. "School?" She asks, wanting to know if she had it the next day.

Kevin shakes her head. "Not for a few days," he says. "You just worry about getting comfortable with us."

Ashlynn nods and yawns slightly. She snuggles closer to him and Sammy.

AJ keeps singing and rocking softly. "If I could right, the wrongs that made you cry. Would you promise not to say good-bye?"

Kevin smiles and sings softly to Ashlynn. "I'd go anywhere for you..."

Ashlynn soon falls asleep, completely exhausted.

Kevin gives her about fifteen minutes of solid sleep before standing up and taking her up to her room.

AJ places Krissy in bed, once she's asleep and tucks her in with all her Care Bears. He kisses her head, then leaves, remembering he has to check on her every half hour.

Ashlynn snores softly, never once losing her grip on Sammy.

Kevin lays Ashlynn down and covers her up.

Ashlynn snuggles up with Sammy and stays asleep.

Kevin heads into his room and collapses on the bed.

AJ enters the room as well, and also collapses. "We gotta check on Krissy every half hour."

Kevin nods. "Okay," he says and sets the alarm on his wristwatch. "So Ashlynn thinks you hate her."

AJ sighs heavily. "I don't hate her. I'm just angry with her."

Kevin nods. "She needs patience, AJ. She doesn't know better."

Ashlynn awakens, and frowns softly, seeing she's alone in her room. She carefully gets out of bed, then quickly and quietly crawls to Krissy's room, as her feet still ache. Once there, she crawls into the room, and over to the bed. She wanted to make sure her sister was okay. She bites her lip, then places Sammy on the bed next to Krissy, and lies upon the floor to sleep.

"I know," AJ sighs. He pauses, hearing something. "Who’s moving around?"

Kevin groans. "I doubt it's the little one," he says doing a sit up to get up.

"Want company?" AJ asks, also getting up. "And how can she be up? She can't walk just yet."

Ashlynn's fallen asleep upon Krissy's floor.

Kevin nods and then shrugs. "Who knows," he says heading out. He's about to go to Ashlynn's room when he notices something large on Krissy's bedroom floor.

AJ pauses too. "What the...?"

He stops short and then tiptoes in. He leans over Ashlynn carefully, holding his breath and then smiles.

Kevin waves at him to shut up.

AJ smiles softly too, when he realizes whose on the floor.

Kevin turns on the ball of his foot and tiptoes out. "If that's where she wants to sleep, I don't care," he says. "We'd better keep the Munchkin home from school tomorrow."

AJ nods. "Yeah. And I'm assuming Ashlynn's not going tomorrow either."

He takes a closer look inside the room..."Hey...is that her Bear lying next to Krissy?"

Kevin nods. "Looked like it to me. Maybe she thinks Sammy can help Krissy feel better."

AJ smiles. "That's sweet - considering how she never lets Sammy go." He heads back for their room, holding Kevin's hand.

Kevin follows AJ. He's so tense and as soon as the door's closed, Kevin tackles his husband.


A.N.: Please R&R! Thank-you! Oh! Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
Next Morning... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Decided I'd give y'all a lil' Christmas gift. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelely owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Involves spanking.

~NEXT MORNING~

AJ wakes up, feeling groggy, as he had to keep getting up to check on Krissy all night long.

Kevin's up and showered by 630.

He leans down and kisses AJ softly. "Sleep in," he says. "I'll get the Munchkin up."

Ashlynn's still asleep on Krissy's floor.

"Don'tcha mean Munchkins?" AJ asks with a smirk. He then lies back down to sleep a bit longer.

Kevin smirks and then heads into Krissy's room. He gently shakes Ashlynn. "Ashlynn? Sweetie? Time to get up," he says. "Let's go make breakfast with Krissy."

Ashlynn grumbles and swats his hands away sleepily.

Kevin chuckles. "C'mon, sleepy head. Krissy'll show you how to make muffins."

Ashlynn rolls over onto her back, and starts to snore softly a few moments later. She was dozing.

Krissy rolls over and looks down at Ashlynn. She giggles. "Why you sleep on the floor?" she asks in a much better mood than the previous evening.

Daddy shakes his head. "Come on, Krissy. Let's get dressed. Then we'll wake up Ashlynn."

Krissy nods. "Kay," she agrees and carefully slides out of bed without stepping on Ashlynn.

Ashlynn wakes up again a few moments later, grumbling incoherently, as it was rude things.

AJ still lies in bed snoring away.

Kevin gets her dressed in panties with little green hearts, a pink t-shirt, and a denim jumper. She had three different ones and two that weren't denim. They were her favorite and he didn't mind her looking like a little girl.

"No socks," Krissy decides and scampers out of the room before Kevin can catch her.

Ashlynn still mutters, and sits up to grab Sammy from the bed.

Kevin shakes his head and scoops up Ashlynn. "C'mon, kiddo. Let's go get you dressed," he says heading back to the eight-year-old's room.

Ashlynn grumbles still.

Krissy goes into her parent's room. She climbs up on the bed and crawls onto AJ. "You wake yet?" she whispers loudly.

"Shh!" AJ grumbles. "Go bug Daddy. I get to sleep a bit longer."

"Come on, Ashlynn. Stop grumbling," Kevin says setting her on the bed. "What color shirt do you want to wear?"

"Blue," Ashlynn answers.

Krissy frowns, but does as she's told. Well, sort of. She slides off the big bed and pads downstairs.

AJ rolls back over to sleep once more.

Kevin smiles. "That's my good girl," he says getting out a blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

He also lays out some clean undies.

Ashlynn smiles innocently, as she sticks the panties on her head.

Kevin laughs and tickles her. "I think they'll go better on your rump," he says good-naturedly. "I'm gonna go make sure your sister isn't making a mess and then I'll come back and carry you downstairs, okay?"

Ashlynn nods, then starts to undress.

Krissy gets a chair from the kitchen table and climbs up to the cupboard where she knows there's some pop-tarts.

Kevin smiles, kisses Ashlynn on the top of the head again and heads downstairs.

Ashlynn changes herself, and also changes Sammy, upon finding his clothes that Daddy AJ had gotten for him.

Krissy's carefully climbing down from the chair when Kevin walks in. "Kristine!" he exclaims. "Why didn't you wait?" he asks, putting the chair back.

Ashlynn flops down upon her bed, once he's left the room, closing her eyes once more. "Shh...We'll nap..." She whispers to Sammy.

"You busy," she explains trying to open the package of pop-tarts.

AJ gets up and showers and gets dressed.

Kevin sighs. "Krissy, honey, you're not supposed to climb on the chair. That's not safe," he reminds her -- being the softie with her.

Krissy purses her lips. "But I'm hungry," she argues.

Once cleaned and ready to start the day fresh, he heads for Ashlynn's room, having had heard Kevin talk to her. He laughs when he sees her sound asleep again. He goes over and tickles her lightly, causing her to wake up and giggle. He picks her up, kisses her head, then heads downstairs with her and Sammy.

Ashlynn giggles all the way down, as he's still tickling her and Sammy.

Kevin shakes his head and takes the pop-tarts from her. "You need to wait," he says. "But I'll get you some cereal while I go back up to get Ashlynn," he offers.

Then Kevin turns to see AJ coming in with Ashlynn. "Oh! You're up."

AJ enters the kitchen then. "Look who I found sleeping on her bed!" He says smiling.

Ashlynn just giggles.

Kevin laughs. "Well it *is* comfortable."

AJ sets Ashlynn down and hands her a bowl and some cereal. "There yah go. Pour away."

Ashlynn pours the cereal into the bowl, but ends up spilling some of it onto the floor. She looks around worried and sheepishly.

Kevin shakes his head. "Don't worry, Ashlynn. It was an accident," he says bending down to pick up the bits of cereal.

Krissy frowns. "I want some!" she says.

Ashlynn gives a sigh of relief, and eats it once AJ's poured some milk into it for her. He also handed her a colour-changing spoon.

AJ makes himself some toast with peanut butter.

Kevin gets a bowl for Krissy and fills it with cereal and some milk. "Can you be patient please?" he asks.

Krissy digs into her breakfast without answering him.

AJ raises his eyebrows at Kevin, noticing their youngest was a bit testy.

Ashlynn finishes eating. "Cartoons?" She asks, looking up at her two daddies.

Kevin decides not to worry too much about Krissy's attitude. It was as changeable as Texas weather.

"Sure, Ashlynn," he says picking her up. He sets her down on the couch and hands her the remote control. "Just cartoons, though, okay?"

AJ sits down to eat his toast.

Ashlynn nods and turns the cartoons on. Eventually though, she starts channel surfing to MTV on commercials.

Krissy only eats about half her breakfast.

"Done?" AJ asks Krissy. "You wanna go watch TV with Sissy?"

Kevin notices the TV. "Ashlynn? Are those cartoons?" he asks eating a bagel and yogurt.

Krissy nods and slides off her chair.

Ashlynn looks away sheepishly, then turns the cartoons back on.

She makes room for Krissy on the couch.

AJ smiles and shakes his head. "Wonder if they'll agree on the cartoon?"

Krissy gets up on the couch and immediately takes the remote out of Ashlynn's hand.

"I choose," she says in a bossy tone.

Kevin takes the girls' bowls to the sink and starts to load the dishwasher.

Ashlynn frowns, as she'd been watching a good cartoon. She says nothing, as she hugs Sammy to her chest. A moment later, she reaches for the remote in Krissy's hand.

AJ starts to clean up his breakfast mess. "What we gonna do today, Kev?"

Krissy yanks it away as quickly as possible and slaps at Ashlynn. "*My* TV," she asserts.

Ashlynn once more tries to take the remote back from her, deciding after this she was telling.

Kevin shook his head. "Dunno," he answers. "Ought to go back to the mall, but I don't know if making her own up to it is going to do any good. Maybe we should call that first day a loss and work from here," he suggests.

AJ nods. "Alright. I can agree with that. I mean, she did behave in Church - for the most part."

Krissy scoots away from Ashlynn. "No," she says simply and turns on a show on Toon Disney.

"HEY!" Ashlynn says loudly, once more trying to get it back.

Kevin can't help but laugh. "Yeah well that priest was making me roll my eyes a few too many times."

AJ raises his eyebrows. "Trouble in cartoon land."

Kevin looks up. "What's going on over there?" he asks, but not in a stern voice.

Krissy just ignores him and keeps watching her show.

Ashlynn scowls and crosses her arms angrily, slouching down some. She throws a nearby piece of kleenex at the TV angrily.

"We asked a question, ladies. We expect an answer," AJ says somewhat stern.

Krissy turns the volume up.

AJ goes over and turns the TV off. "You're not watching cartoons, until we get an answer."

Kevin closes the dishwasher, planning to turn it on when they left. "Ashlynn, honey, what's up?" he asks going for the non-moody one.

Krissy's face becomes very angry. "Hey!" she exclaims putting her hands on her hips.

Ashlynn points to the remote, reaching for it, as Krissy's distracted.

"Hey what?" AJ says, eyeing her warily.

Krissy pulls away from Ashlynn again and puts the remote behind her back. "Mine."

Ashlynn just looks annoyed, as she moves away from Krissy and hugs Sammy tight.

Kevin frowns. "C'mon, Krissy. Good girls share. Remember?"

"And good girls, don't give their daddies attitude," AJ adds.

Krissy throws the remote back towards Ashlynn, but Kevin deflects it before it actually hits the older child.

Ashlynn's eyes are wide. She couldn't believe Krissy had just done that.

Krissy crosses her arms in a pout and starts to stomp out of the room angrily.

AJ frowns, crossing his arms over his chest. "Kristine Michelle! Get back in here!"

Kevin gives the remote back to Ashlynn. "Here you go, sweetie," he says and kisses the top of her head.

Krissy shakes her head. "I gonna pway in my room," she says and keeps heading for the stairs.

Ashlynn smiles softly at him, and turns her cartoon back on as AJ moves out of her way.

"Kristine Michelle Richardson! Do you need a good spanking?"

"Noooooo!" Krissy yells and breaks into a run for the stairs.

AJ quickly goes after her and scoops her up. "I'd take that as a yes, Kristine."

Kevin sighs. "Guess she didn't get enough sleep last night," he says never willing to admit his daughter has a stubborn streak.

Kevin sits down next to Ashlynn. "How're your feet feeling?" he asks gently.

Krissy squirms and yells trying to get free.

Ashlynn frowns slightly. He never let her get away with attitude. She frowns more, and sticks her tongue out at her feet.

"I'm mad!" Krissy declares.

AJ takes Krissy into the kitchen and sits down in one of the chairs. "Next time you'll know to control yourself, Kristine," he says. "And why should you be mad? You took the remote and refused to listen like a good girl."

Kevin chuckles. "That bad, huh?" he asks. "Do you see how naughty Krissy's being?" he asks realizing this might be a good opportunity for Ashlynn to see that they're equal.

Ashlynn nods slightly, wondering what he's getting at.

Kevin nods. "Just like when you're naughty and get spanked, so does Krissy," he says.

Ashlynn makes a face at that. She wiggles her toes, wincing slightly.

AJ takes Krissy's jumper and panties down. "Now, after this you had better be in a better mood."

Kevin's brow furrows. "What's wrong?" he asks worried.

Krissy's still struggling, but more crying than yelling.

Ashlynn brings her feet up to them and makes a face. Her feet still hurt.

AJ starts to reign firm spanks down upon the bare bottom looking up at him.

Krissy kicks and cries. "Nooooo, stop it!" she cries.

Kevin kisses the feet gently. "How about some tylenol?" he asks.

AJ keeps spanking her bottom firmly. He gives thirty solid spanks, then sits her up to cuddle. "There. Now, please be a good girl, Honey."

Ashlynn makes a face and sticks out her tongue. She'd rather suffer. She looks away then, thinking of something, but not wanting to be a bother.

Krissy's eyes are pouring over with tears, but she still doesn't feel very cuddly.

Kevin looks confused. "I don't understand, Ashlynn," he says. "You don't want me to help make your feet feel better?"

AJ rubs her back and kisses her head softly. "Shh. Daddy loves you, Baby. But you do need to be good now, okay?"

Ashlynn just shrugs, and doesn't look at him as she speaks extremely quiet. "Daddy..."

Krissy's face is still a frown and she doesn't feel better, but she won't yell at anyone anymore. She nods and slides off his lap, deciding to go upstairs and be by herself for a little while.

AJ stops her long enough to pull her panties and jumper back up.

Kevin nods. "Yes, I'm Daddy," he says unable to not smile. "What can I do for you?" he asks

Ashlynn holds up seven fingers then, wanting to explain, but not talk a whole lot.

Krissy doesn't fight being redressed and then climbs up the stairs miserably.

AJ sighs, shaking his head, and goes about seeing if they need anything from the market.

Kevin watches. "Seven?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods. "Not..." she holds up eight fingers.

Kevin's eyes widen. "Oh!" he exclaims. "Are you seven instead of eight?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods her head. "Saturday," she whispers. "Isabelle forgot. Not old as others."

Kevin nods. "I understand," he says. "We'd better get ready for a birthday party then," he says with a big grin and tickles her.

"Hey, AJ! Call your mom today. We'll need a birthday cake for the BBQ on Saturday."

Ashlynn squirms and giggles.

"What? Why? Whose birthday is it?" AJ asks, coming into the room looking confused.

Kevin looks over the back of the couch. "Ashlynn's" he answers.

"Ah," AJ nods. "Wait - how old? I'm lost."

Ashlynn giggles.

Kevin smiles. "Seems Isabelle was a bit confused. Ashlynn isn't eight yet," he explains.

"Oh!" AJ says. "I see! Well, let me go call Mom and tell her to bring a cake!" He runs back into the kitchen to call his Mom.

Ashlynn takes her socks off her feet, and glares at her feet, trying to will them to stop hurting.

Kevin readjusts Ashlynn so he can get a look at her feet. "Hurt at all?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods her head yes silently. They hurt like crazy.

Kevin picks her up and heads upstairs. "I've got some medicine that should help," he says

Ashlynn scowls, hating medicine, but lets him carry her upstairs.

He takes her into his and AJ's bathroom and sets her gently on the sink before opening a cabinet on the wall.

Ashlynn watches him silently.

"Grape or cherry?" he asks finding two different brands and therefore flavors.

AJ finishes talking to his Mom, finishes cleaning up, then decides to go and check on Krissy.

"Grape," Ashlynn whispers.

Kevin nods and hands her two chewable children's painkillers.

"Here you go, Angel," he says and gets her a cup of water to chase them with.

Ashlynn takes them and gulps down the water.

AJ enters Krissy's room. "Hey, whatcha doin' in here?" He asks.

Krissy looks up and then shrugs, going back to looking at her picture book with Bedtime Bear.

Kevin smiles and then picks Ashlynn back up. "Is there anything you'd like to do today?" he asks.

AJ goes over and sits next to her. "Hey, c'mon now. You're getting to stay home from school and play. Cheer up."

Krissy shakes her head. "I don't want her anymore," she says. She'd been in a better mood when she woke up, but yet again, Daddy Kevin pushed her aside to take care of Ashlynn and that made Krissy mad.

Ashlynn sighs. She'd wanted to play with Krissy, but she didn't think that'd be happening anytime soon - she'd tattled. She decided upon something else. "Shop?" She says softly, wanting to have things to call her own - other than clothes and Sammy. It was that moment she remembered she'd left Sammy downstairs on the couch. "Sammy!"

"Krissy, Daddy's taking care of her because she's trusts him more than me right now," AJ says softly, pulling her into his lap, after he's sat next to her. "Give her a lil' more time, and she won't hog Daddy so much. Please? She loves you Krissy."

Kevin jumps in surprise but rubs Ashlynn's back. "Oh! You're right," he agrees. "We left him downstairs. He's probably getting lonely. Let's go get him," he says and carries her quickly back down to the living room.

He picks the bear up and gives him to Ashlynn. "There we go. Back together."

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tightly and kisses his head. She looks up at Kevin, giving him a small, shy smile as thanks.

Krissy frowns, not convinced. "Kay," she agrees, though, since she wants to make the nice daddy happy.

AJ kisses her head. "Now, how 'bout we go see what Daddy and Sissy are doing. Maybe sissy wants to play."

Krissy nods. "Kay," she says. She gets up and gets her blankie from her bed, something she does when she's not feeling safe and puts her arms up to AJ to be picked up.

Kevin smiles back. "Okay. So you wanted to shop, huh?"

AJ scoops her up and gives her head another kiss. "C'mon." He carries her back downstairs.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin pauses and thinks. "Do you promise no stealing this time?" he asks. "If you want something, ask me."

Ashlynn nods her head. She did not want to be spanked today - not if she could help it.

Daddy smiles. "And if you want to get Krissy something, we'll make it secret and you can even wrap it later if you want," he whispers.

Krissy stays glued to AJ. "What're we playing?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods her head yes frantically at that. She'd promised Krissy a new Barbie.

"I think we're going shopping," AJ says softly. "You wanna go shop, Baby?"

Krissy nods. Maybe she could have another new toy.

AJ smiles. "Alrighty then."

Kevin smiles. "Good! And Ashlynn can go to the party store and pick things out for her party," he says.

Ashlynn smiles real big at that. She'd never had a party before - this would be her first! How exciting!

"Yep! Anything yah want, Honey," AJ says, smiling at his older daughter.

Kevin nods and grabs his keys off the hook. He takes Ashlynn out to the car and sets her in the backseat.

Ashlynn straps Sammy into the middle seat.

"C'n we listen to you?" Krissy asks quietly as she's strapped in to her booster seat.

"Sure, Baby," AJ smiles. "That alright with you?" He asks Ashlynn, who nods back at him.

Kevin smiles at AJ. This is how it should be.


Well, this is it until after Christmas, as I shall be very busy these next two days. So, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
A Day At The Mall... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Figured I'd update this, seeing as I'm waiting for Shelley to get back-lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & A.J. own themselves.

As they pull into the parking lot, Kevin decides it's time to set some rules.

AJ smiles back, knowing what Kevin's thinking.

"Okay, ladies, here's the rules No stealing, no yelling, and you both need to stay with one of us all the time. Okay?"

Ashlynn nods, and unbuckles Sammy, holding him tightly.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she agrees. She knows the rules so it's nothing new.

"Yes. And you'd best follow the rules," AJ says, eyeing Ashlynn warily.

Kevin gets out and helps Ashlynn out. "So toy store?" he asks.

"Maybe you could point out some things that you'd like for your birthday."

Ashlynn nods, clutching Sammy to her chest.

AJ gets Krissy out and holds her close. "Let me guess, more Care Bears, right?"

Krissy giggles. "Yeah!"

AJ laughs. "Alright. Let's go find some then."

Kevin shakes his head. "You have enough toys munchkin," he says.

AJ rolls his eyes at Kevin's comment.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, wanting them to hurry up and get inside. She wanted to look around.

Kevin picks Ashlynn up and starts towards the mall doors.

AJ follows along behind him with Krissy.

Kevin heads towards the toy store and then stops inside the door. "Okay, Ashlynn, point me in the right direction," he says nuzzling her affectionately. She definitely seems to do the best when he's being very loving.

Ashlynn smiles slightly, and points him in the direction of Barbies.

AJ quickly disappears with Krissy to the Care Bear section.

Kevin nods and goes over to the Barbie aisle. "Lots of pink here, huh?"

Ashlynn scowls slightly, but spots one in blue and another in green. She points to those ones.

Kevin goes over and holds them up for Ashlynn to see. "Do you like these?"

Krissy looks around and sees a sleeping bag with Share Bear on it. "I like that," she says pointing.

Ashlynn nods. She liked them a lot! She'd never owned any Barbies before in her life.

"Well, let's check it out," AJ smiles, taking Krissy over to it.

Kevin smiles. "How about both? Then you don't have to use Krissy's. You'll each have some."

Ashlynn's eyes light up as she nods. She then points to a frilly pink one. "Krissy," she says softly, remembering her promise.

Kevin smiles. "Here's a hint, though. Krissy likes purple best. Do you see a purple one?"

Ashlynn looks about, then nods as she spots one. She points it out to him.

"You like this?" AJ asks Krissy, setting her down to look at it.

Krissy investigates the sleeping bag carefully. "Yeah."

"C'n I sleep in Ashlynn's room?" she asks.

Kevin grabs the purple one. "Oh yes. She'll love it. Great choice pumpkin!"

"You'll have to ask Ashlynn," AJ says. "It's up to her."

Ashlynn beams happily. She liked all the nicknames she was getting.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she says and walks around the corner looking for Ashlynn.

Daddy smiles and puts all three Barbies in a shopping basket.

"Wait up Munchkin," AJ says, quickly following her.

Ashlynn smiles as she looks down at them. She then spots a Barbie house and points to it.

Krissy waits long enough to keep Daddy in her sights, but quickly finds Ashlynn and Daddy Kevin too.

Kevin squats down to let Ashlynn see the house better.

AJ's glad she's making sure he can see her.

Krissy walks right up to Ashlynn and taps her shoulder. "C'n I sleep in yer room?" she asks.

Kevin looks up surprised and quickly hides the purple Barbie since Ashlynn wanted it to be a surprise.

Ashlynn, who was eyeing the Barbie house, glances at up at Krissy. She'd sat down to look as her feet still hurt. She nods slightly, just hoping Krissy wouldn't get all mad at her again later.

AJ smiles. He was glad they were starting to get along.

Krissy smiles. "I'm gonna get a seeping bag for it," she tells Ashlynn. "I show you," she says and hurries back to the sleeping bag aisle.

Kevin can't help but laugh. "Do you like the house?" he asks while Krissy's gone.

AJ runs after Krissy again, to help her with the sleeping bag.

Ashlynn nods her head yes.

Kevin smiles. "How about a game?" he suggests. "Or art projects?"

Krissy hoists the sleeping bag up to AJ. "Will you carry it, pease?" she asks.

AJ nods. "Sure Princess," he smiles. He takes it from her.

Ashlynn looks about confused, as they're in the Barbie aisle.

Kevin lifts Ashlynn up as he puts the Barbies and the house into the cart. He manages to juggle her on one hip as he pushes the cart around to the game aisle. "See? Lots of games. Would you like one? It would be just yours and people would have to ask to play with it," he tells her knowing ownership is very important to orphans.

Ashlynn's eyes light up again as she eyes all the games. She'd never seen so many before. She looks thoughtful as she looks them all over carefully. Soon though, she points to the Ninja Turtles game she'd spotted.

Kevin smiles. "That looks like fun!" he says. "Maybe Bailey would like to play it with you on Saturday," he suggests as he gets it down for Ashlynn to look at.

Ashlynn smiles as she pretends to read the back of it. Truth was, she couldn't read a single word, but her own name.

Krissy leads Daddy back to Daddy and Ashlynn in the game aisle. "I have princess games," she tells Ashlynn proudly. "You can play wif 'em too."

Kevin smiles at Krissy, whose sour mood had apparently dissipated.

Ashlynn smiles at her.

AJ holds up the sleeping bag. "Voila! One Care Bear sleeping bag, for one of two Princesses."

Kevin kisses Ashlynn's cheek. "It's very cute," he tells Krissy as he adds the game to the cart. "Now, Ashlynn...do you like art things?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods. She liked to draw, but never really go to do so.

AJ tosses the sleeping bag into the cart.

Kevin nods. "Krissy do you know where the craft aisle is?" he asks.

Krissy smiles and nods proudly turning to lead them all.

AJ smiles, glad Kevin's including Krissy too.

Kevin grins and then turns to AJ. "Make sure Krissy doesn't see the purple Barbie. It's a gift from Ashlynn."

AJ nods. "Can do.”

Krissy brings them to the craft aisle and smiles with pride.

Kevin shows Ashlynn around. There's stained glass kits, sand art, spin art, and all sorts of activities for girls.

AJ kisses Krissy's head. "Thank-you, Princess."

"Anything look interesting?" he asks Ashlynn.

Krissy smiles. "You welcome."

Ashlynn's eyes are wide. She points to the sand art and hot loops, and crayons and construction paper, and drawing paper.

Kevin smiles. "How about we pass on the construction paper since we've already got a ton of that," he suggests. "But the sand art and the hot loops look cool."

Krissy giggles. "And Ashlynn crayons!" she pipes up. "Fer her room!"

Kevin nods. "Yes, and crayons just for Ashlynn."

Ashlynn smiles at Krissy, and squirms, wanting down enough to hug the small girl.

AJ chuckles.

Kevin leans down to let Ashlynn on Krissy's level.

Ashlynn reaches over and hugs Krissy. She'd wanted to do that all morning.

AJ smiles. "Now, that's a Kodak moment."

Krissy gives Ashlynn a big bear hug.

Ashlynn smiles.

Kevin nods. "And we don't have a camera. Dang it."

AJ laughs. "Yeah, I know."

Kevin sighs standing up. "I'll get plenty at the party. Speaking of which, do you want to go to the party store now?" he asks Ashlynn.

Krissy looks confused. "Party?"

Ashlynn nods. She wanted to look at everything!

"Ashlynn's birthday is Saturday," AJ tells Krissy. "So we're going to have a party."

Kevin nods and points the cart towards the checkout lane.

Krissy grins. "YEA!" she exclaims jumping up and down. She loves parties.

Kevin laughs. "Ashlynn? Do you want to go get a cookie with Daddy AJ and Krissy while I pay for the new toys?" he asks.

"Remember Krissy, it's Ashlynn's party though," AJ reminds her gently, knowing how she could get.

Ashlynn bites her lip, looking a bit worried. She wanted a cookie, but had never been alone with her other Daddy before.

Krissy nods. "But we share cake," she says remembering all the parties she'd ever been to.

"Yes, you'll get some cake," AJ laughs.

Kevin smiles and kisses Ashlynn's cheek. "I promise it will be okay. And if he's a meanie head, I'll beat him up myself."

Ashlynn gives him a small smile, and nods slightly. She wanted a cookie.

AJ looks over at them. "Well, are we getting cookies?"

Krissy jumps up and down excitedly. "Yeah!"

Kevin gently hands Ashlynn over to AJ. "I'll catch up in just a few minutes."

"Alright," AJ nods, taking Ashlynn from him and holding her close. He kisses her head. "Off to the cookies we go!" He takes hold of Krissy's hand. "C'mon Munchkin."

Ashlynn rests her head upon AJ's shoulder.

Krissy hangs onto AJ's hand and makes silly faces at Ashlynn to make her laugh.

Kevin quickly goes back through the store and gets several things as birthday presents before actually paying.

Ashlynn giggles watching Krissy. She was glad she'd gotten a sister.

AJ takes the girls to the sweets shop and tells them they can each get three cookies.

Krissy's eyes go wide. "Wow!" she exclaims since Gramma usually says only one. "Chocolate chip, please," she says looking in the case with wide eyes.

AJ smiles and gets Krissy three chocolate chip cookies. He then gets Ashlynn three rainbow chip, as those were what she'd pointed to.

AJ pays for the cookies and hands both girls their bags, then escorts them out into the mall area to sit on a bench to eat.

Ashlynn quietly munches on her cookies.

Kevin takes the bags to the car and then jogs back into the mall. He catches up to them when they're eating on the benches. "Ooh! Looks good!" he says.

Krissy grins, her mouth covered in chocolate. "Daddy let us have three!" She says holding up three chocolaty fingers.

Ashlynn smiles, but giggles at Krissy.

Kevin's eyes widen. "Wow!"

AJ laughs. "Yeah, well, they've been good."

Kevin just laughs and shakes his head. "It's a treat. No problem."

"So, party store now?" AJ asks. "And what about books?"

Ashlynn offers a piece of her cookie to Kevin.

Kevin smiles and takes the bite from Ashlynn, but only after giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Ashlynn smiles, then finishes off the rest of her cookie.

Kevin nods to AJ. "Party store and we'll see about the bookstore. I don't want to wear them out."

AJ nods. "Alright. You wanna carry someone?"

Ashlynn lays her head on AJ's shoulder again.

Kevin laughs. "I'll get Ashlynn," he says lifting her up.

Krissy can't help but frown. She was hoping it was her turn, but the frown doesn't last. She doesn't want to get in trouble again so she just focuses on licking the chocolate off her fingers.

Ashlynn frowns slightly, as she'd been comfortable, and had noticed Krissy's look. She squirms and reaches back for AJ.

AJ raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Kevin's also surprised. "Oh! Okay," he says and sets her back down in AJ's lap.

He turns to Krissy. "Are you gonna walk like a big girl or do you want Daddy to carry you?" he asks grabbing a napkin and wiping her mouth and hands.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn. She's bigger than Krissy but she gets carried everywhere. Krissy's not so sure walking is a sign of being a big girl anymore. "Carry pease," she answers.

Kevin smiles and nods. "Okay," he says and lifts her up off the ground.

Ashlynn clings tightly to AJ, and smiles slightly at Krissy. She knew Krissy had wanted their other Daddy.

AJ gets up. "Alrighty. Now that we've played Musical Daddies, let's head to the party store."

Krissy giggles.

Kevin nods and heads off in the direction of the party store, holding AJ's hand with his free hand on the way.


Holiday Girls!
Party Store & Lunch..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Surprise~ Two chapters in one day! I mean, hey, why not? It IS New Year's Eve! Lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & A.J. own themselves. Thank-you!

AJ squeezes Kevin's hand lightly as they walk. Their family was now complete, and that made him very happy.

Ashlynn lifts her head up once they reach the party store, her eyes going wide.

Kevin walks in and heads straight to the children's party themes.

AJ follows him.

Krissy wiggles out of his arms and down to the floor. She honestly likes to be able to move, and she's not so jealous now that she's had some Daddy time of her own.

"Care Bears, Ashlynn!" Krissy suggests enthusiastically since that's what *she'd* want.

Kevin laughs. "Why don't you let Ashlynn pick what she likes?" he says tickling Krissy lightly.

Ashlynn eyes everything, namely the Ninja Turtles, and Beauty & the Beast stuff.

AJ laughs. "We've raised a Care Bear freak."

Kevin nods. "But at least she tries to care about people instead of punching them in the face," he points out.

"Yeah, true," AJ agrees.

Krissy tries to figure out what Ashlynn's looking at. "Bailey likes Ninja Turtles," she tells Ashlynn.

Ashlynn bites her lip, trying not to blush. She hadn't even met him yet, nor knew what he looked like, but already she'd a crush. She still eyes both, and finally just points to both of them.

Kevin looks at the selections. "Both?" he asks a little confused. "Or are you trying to choose?"

Ashlynn bites her lip and huffs slightly. She points to both again.

"Both?" AJ asks now, and smiles when she nods.

Kevin shrugs. "Why not. It'll make a good theme for boys and girls," he points out.

Ashlynn smiles big. That made her happy!

Krissy tugs on Kevin's hand. "Ashlynn should be Belle," she says.

"Hey...Kev..." AJ says softly, leaning a bit closer to whisper. "What about school things? If she feels okay, maybe she could go tomorrow."

Ashlynn smiles at that. She liked Belle - a lot.

Kevin looks at AJ. "I was thinking we should have her evaluated first," he says. "I've read about foster kids. Most of them are below grade level. I don't want to put her in second grade only to find out she's not ready for it the hard way," he whispers back.

Krissy grins at Ashlynn. "If you be Belle, c'n I be Ariel?" she asks hopefully.

Ashlynn nods to Krissy.

"Maybe we can do that tomorrow at the school, then they can put her in a class," AJ whispers.

Kevin nods. "Okay," he agrees even though he's worried about her.

"Alrighty," AJ says. "Shall we get her a knapsack then. I'm sure she'll need that. Anything else can wait."

Kevin nods. "We'll run through Target on the way home."

Krissy, meanwhile, is reaching up to get all the stuff for her big sister.

AJ nods his agreement. "Okay."

"Careful!" Ashlynn says loud enough to get their Daddies attention. She was afraid it was all going to fall on Krissy's head.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn surprised she said anything at all.

AJ looks surprised as well.

Krissy jumped and ended up dropping the napkins she'd managed to procure.

Kevin laughs. "Thank you, Ashlynn," he says kissing the side of her head.

"Krissy, hang on, sweetie."

Ashlynn gives a small sigh of relief.

AJ kisses her head as well. "Good girl."

Krissy frowns. "You're bein' slow," she argues impatiently, though she's not really angry with him.

Kevin rolls his eyes. "Well *you're* being impatient," he says leaning down to kiss her nose.

Ashlynn starts to squirm then, as she had to pee - badly.

Krissy just giggles.

AJ looks at her. "What? You want Daddy?"

Kevin looks at Ashlynn as he stands up. "Getting uncomfortable?" he asks.

Ashlynn huffs slightly, and rolls her eyes. She signs the word "Pee" to them, trying to let them know what was wrong.

AJ still looks confused.

Kevin's eyes widen. "Oh! Okay," he says. "AJ, get her party stuff. We're going to the bathroom," he says and quickly leaves the store making a beeline for the family restroom.

AJ laughs and helps Krissy get the stuff Ashlynn wanted. "You want a Care Bear hat, Honey?"

Ashlynn squirms more.

Kevin races into the family restroom and gently sets Ashlynn down. "Here you go, honey," he says helping her get her pants down as quickly as possible.

Krissy grins. "Yeah!"

Ashlynn gives a sigh of relief, blowing her bangs upwards. She smiles at him as she goes to the bathroom, happy to have made it on time.

AJ smiles and sticks a Care Bear party hat on Krissy's head. "There we go. Now, let's get this stuff and go find Daddy and Ashlynn."

Kevin smiles. "Been pretty adventurous, huh?" he asks.

Krissy nods and follows Daddy to the checkout.

Ashlynn giggles and nods as she finishes doing her business. She'd had Kevin hold Sammy for her.

AJ pays for everything, then takes Krissy's hand in his, and carries everything to a bench near the rest rooms.

Kevin gives her some tissue and waits for the cue before helping her get all dressed again. "How about a piggy back ride?" he asks as he helps her wash her hands.

Ashlynn nods. She liked those - though she rarely ever got one.

Krissy climbs up next to Daddy and looks around quietly. "C'n I stay home tomorrow too?" she asks hopefully.

"No. Not tomorrow, Baby Doll," AJ says softly. "Ashlynn's going to school too."

Krissy smiles. "Kay," she says not too disappointed. She liked school.

Kevin puts Ashlynn on his back and heads out, quickly spotting AJ with Krissy.

AJ smiles and hands her a piece of candy he's found in his pocket. "Eat this slowly and don't run with it."

Ashlynn giggles, as she holds onto him and Sammy.

Krissy grins and takes it gratefully.

Kevin walks over. "We made it," he assures AJ.

Kevin looks back at Ashlynn over his shoulder. "How would you like to go find some cool supplies for school?" he asks.

"That's a good thing to know," AJ smiles. "Off to Target now?"

Ashlynn shrugs. She'd prefer not to go - but if she had to get stuff for it, she would.

Kevin smiles and nods. "Off to Target we go. When we get home we should have her try walking around a little. Doc said she should be able to walk by now."

"Cushy shoes," Krissy said simply following along quietly.

"Yep, comfy shoes," AJ agrees with Krissy, as he nods to Kevin.

Ashlynn giggles and makes car noises as they go. "Vroom. Vroom."

"Well, here we are," AJ says, stopping in front of Target.

Kevin laughs and plays along with Ashlynn.

"Okay... school supplies are this way," he says leading the way.

Krissy eyes the ICEE machine as they pass the snack area, but stays right with her daddies.

Ashlynn giggles. She felt happy - something she hadn't felt in a long time.

AJ leans down to Krissy. "If you're good, maybe on the way out."

Soon, Kevin's standing in a whole aisle of backpacks. "Okay, cutie. Which one?" he asks.

Krissy grins and promises herself to be a very, very, very good girl.

Ashlynn eyes them all, but soon points to the Belle one.

AJ gives Krissy's hand a light squeeze.

Kevin smiles. "I think it's very pretty."

Ashlynn smiles. She thought so too.

Kevin picks it up. "How about a lunch box..." he says moving down the aisle a little. "Is there a Belle one of those too or do you see something better?"

Ashlynn points to the backpack, to signify she wants all Belle.

Kevin nods and picks up a Belle lunchbox complete with thermos. "Do you want a folder to match?" he asks as they make their way to the other supplies.

Ashlynn nods, and giggles.

"Alrighty," he replies and gets a Belle folder. Having a pretty good idea of what supplies all kids needs, he grabs another box of crayons, one pack of markers, some safety scissors, some glue, and Disney Princess pencils.

"Okay, guys. I think this is good till we hear from Ashlynn's teacher," he says. "Let's hit the checkout lane."

Ashlynn smiles happily, and gives the back of his head a kiss for knowing exactly what she wanted.

Krissy takes the crayons and markers from Kevin, trying to help.

AJ nods. "Alright. Now, for the ICEE machine."

Kevin grins broadly. "Aww! Thank you, Ashlynn!" he exclaims.

Krissy squeals in delight. "I c'n carry Ashlynn," she volunteers.

Kevin laughs. "Not quite, baby," he says. "She's bigger than you, remember?"

Krissy blushes, but the smile doesn't fade at all.

AJ laughs and scoops Krissy up. "You can tell her which ICEE's are the best."

Ashlynn smiles and moves slightly, trying to urge Kevin to get moving.

Kevin follows them over to the snack bar.

AJ goes about getting the girls ICEEs.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn with excitement.

"Red's the best!"

Ashlynn nods. She points to Krissy, silently stating she wants the same.

AJ nods. "Alright. Two reds."

Kevin sets Ashlynn down in a seat. "Krissy, come sit with sissy while I go pay," he says before kissing Ashlynn's head.

Krissy wiggles out of AJ's arms and scurries over to the table Ashlynn's sitting at.

"Don't drink too fast or your head hurts," she warns.

Ashlynn nods as she takes hers from AJ.

AJ hands Krissy hers.

Krissy takes hers and sips slowly. "Tank you, Daddy," she says, almost forgetting.

Kevin doesn't take too long and joins them before the girls can finish much of their treats.

Ashlynn signs "Thank-you" and smiles at him.

AJ smiles. "You're welcome ladies. After this, I think we'll head home. It's almost lunch."

Krissy nods. "C'n we have peanut butter?" she asks climbing into Kevin's lap as he sits down.

"Sure!" AJ smiles, lifting Ashlynn up into his lap.

Ashlynn snuggles into AJ as she drinks her ICEE quietly, and holds Sammy.

Kevin sneaks a sip of Krissy's ICEE. "You know, AJ, we need to make an appointment for the Christmas pictures to be taken soon," he says.

Krissy grins. She *LOVES* having her picture taken.

AJ nods. "Yeah. We need to get those updated anyway."

Ashlynn frowns. She'd never had her picture taken before. No one ever wanted to take it.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn worried. "What wrong?" she asks innocently.

Ashlynn just shakes her head and yawns.

"Whoop! Time to go home!" AJ says. "Somebody needs a nap."

Krissy slides off of Kevin's lap and starts for the door.

Ashlynn finishes her ICEE and rests her head on AJ's shoulder.

Kevin takes the empty cups to the trash. "Hold up, Krissy!" he calls but notices she's stopped just shy of actually going outside.

Kevin catches up to her and takes her hand. "What kind of jelly do you want?" he asks opening the door for AJ.

AJ stands up with Ashlynn in his arms and heads for the door with her. "Lunch, naps, video, dinner, video, bed."

Ashlynn giggles.

Krissy thinks, her finger on her chin. "What sissy wants," she answers. "An' I not taking a nap," she adds to Daddy AJ.

AJ rolls his eyes. "We'll see," he says, as he leads the way to the car. He sets the bags in the trunk, then sticks Ashlynn and Sammy in the back.

Ashlynn buckles Sammy up in the middle seat again.

Kevin helps Krissy climb into her booster seat and buckles her in. "Well, Ashlynn?" he asks. "What kind of jelly are we having today?"

Ashlynn makes a face. She wasn't fond of jelly.

AJ gets in the driver's seat.

Once Kevin is in, he drives them home.

Krissy looks confused. "A sour jelly?" she asks trying to guess.

Ashlynn shakes her head no.

Kevin chuckles. "Maybe Ashlynn doesn't like jelly," he suggests.

Ashlynn nods at Kevin's statement.

Krissy looks to her sister to see if Daddy's right.

Kevin smiles. "Do you like honey?" he asks.

"We're home!" AJ announces.

Ashlynn shakes her head no again.

Krissy releases herself and climbs out of the backseat.

Ashlynn just sits there and waits.

"AJ? Will you get the packages?" he asks opening Ashlynn's door and lifting her up.

AJ nods. "Sure thing Kev."

Krissy's already gone in through the garage and made a beeline for the TV.

Ashlynn clings to Kevin.

Kevin kisses her cheek. "Do you like peanut butter?" he asks.

He sets her down on the kitchen counter.

Ashlynn nods her head yes furiously. She LOVED peanut butter - LOTS of it. She'd gotten in trouble a few times, for eating it right out of the jar.

Kevin smiles. "So just a peanut butter sandwich?" he asks getting out bread and the peanut butter.

"I want jelly!" Krissy shouts without taking her eyes off the cartoons.

Ashlynn nods yes.

Kevin looks up. "No TV, Krissy," he says before flashing Ashlynn another smile.

AJ sneaks in the gifts for Ashlynn, and the one for Krissy. He then sets all the stuff the girls know about on the floor in the living room.

Ashlynn smiles back at her Daddy.

Krissy climbs up on the couch and looks at Kevin. "Why?" she asks.

"Because it's lunch," AJ answers.

Kevin starts making Ashlynn's sandwich. "Because we're having lunch," he answers. "Now go wash your hands please."

Kevin laughs eyeing AJ and suddenly wanting him very bad. But having kids means waiting so he just focuses on making sandwiches.

Krissy sighs but does as she's told.

AJ goes with Krissy to make sure she's not just rinsing and forgetting soap.

Ashlynn looks at her hands and shrugs. They looked clean to her. She hugged Sammy closer.

Kevin finished the sandwich and then picked Ashlynn up. "Okay, cutie," he says turning on the water at the sink. "Run your hands under the water and then get some soap," he says.

Krissy used a ton of soap, trying to make lots of bubbles.

Ashlynn quietly does as told, making sure Sammy doesn't get wet at all.

"Okay, Princess," AJ says. "Rinse them off and let's go eat."

Kevin helps Ashlynn get her hands rinsed and then turns off the water.

Krissy gets rinsed and then races back to the kitchen table.

Kevin carries Ashlynn over and sits her down in her chair.

AJ follows her after having had washed his hands, and sits down at the table.

Ashlynn sets Sammy on the chair next to her.

Krissy climbs up into her chair and waits patiently as Kevin puts down a plate with a sandwich and some carrot sticks in front of each child.

Kevin puts a plate with more of grown up sandwich in front of AJ. "Here you go, baby," he says softly.

Krissy digs in hungrily.

Ashlynn automatically digs in and scarfs down her sandwich quickly, only choking once. She then starts to eat her carrots quickly.

"Thanks, Babe," AJ smiles, picking it up to take a bite.

Then Kevin gets milk for the girls and a coke for both he and Alex.

Ashlynn drinks her milk quickly, and is now done her carrots. She'd eaten everything in record time, now that she wasn't in such a sour mood.

AJ raises his eyebrows. "Seems we've a fast eater."

Kevin looks at Ashlynn worriedly. "Sweetie, slow down a little," he says gently. "I don't want you to choke."

Krissy's surprised. She's never seen anyone eat that fast. "You were hungry!" she exclaims with a look of awe.

Ashlynn shrugs. Wasn't so much she was hungry - was the fact she'd always had to eat quickly, unless she wanted trouble. She sits there quietly, swinging her feet, and picks Sammy back up to hug him tight.

AJ shakes his head. "Ash, you don't have to rush, okay? Just eat what you can at a normal pace."

Ashlynn nods slightly, now starting to feel like she'd done something wrong. She slides off the chair and disappears upstairs, without excusing herself first.

Kevin looks at AJ. "Poor kid," he says.

AJ nods. "Yeah. Her life has had to be rough."

Krissy finishes slowly as usual. She would rather drink milk as a meal than actually eat.

Kevin pushes his plate aside. "I'll go make sure she's okay."

"Alright. I'll clean up here," AJ says.

Kevin jogs up the stairs and heads for Ashlynn's room. "Ashlynn? Sweetie?" he calls poking his head in.

Ashlynn looks up. She'd been looking at one of Krissy's picture books.

AJ cleans everything up, then ushers Krissy upstairs for a nap.

Kevin smiles. "You know you're not in trouble, right?" he asks.

Krissy's not happy about going to bed, but doesn't make too much noise. She doesn't want a sore bottom to sleep with.

Ashlynn nods slightly, though she wasn't entirely sure. She goes back to looking at the book.

AJ tucks Krissy in and hands her a book. "Here. You can read if not sleepy, but stay quiet, okay?"

Kevin picks her up and sits her in his lap. "How about I tell you the story and then you can take a nap?" he suggests.

Krissy nods. She likes looking at books so this is an okay arrangement.

Ashlynn nods. She wanted to know what was going on in the book, and not just what she'd made up in her head.


A.N.: May you all have a very safe & happy New Year's! pEaCe! ~Lenni~
First Day Of School..... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! Sorry it took me so long to post more. Hope y'all are still enjoying this fic. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy, Mrs. Schmit, Mrs. Bitner, & Mrs. Thompson. AJ & Kevin own themselves. Thank-you. Enjoy!
TUESDAY MORNING...

AJ's already packed the girls' lunches, and is currently getting a quick breakfast together for them.

Kevin was up and dressed for work as usual when he woke up Krissy. "C'mon, cutie," he said. "Your clothes are on the rocking chair and Daddy AJ will do your hair," he says and then goes to Ashlynn's room.

AJ has set the muffins on the table for the girls, then runs upstairs to do Krissy's hair. "We're running a little late, Baby."

Ashlynn's curled up tightly in a ball in her bed, snoring softly.

Kevin gently shakes Ashlynn. "C'mon, pumpkin. Time to get up for school," he says getting out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Ashlynn grumbles and buries her face in her pillow.

Krissy gets ready as quickly as she can. "Why we late?" she asks.

Kevin shakes his head. "Nope, no sleeping in. Gotta get up," he says and sits her up. He quickly gets her undressed before pulling the t-shirt over her head.

"Daddy and I slept in," AJ admits.

Ashlynn struggles with him angrily. She wanted to sleep.

Having raised a toddler already, he's pretty good at getting kids in and out of clothes so it doesn't take long to get clean panties and the jeans on.

Ashlynn keeps fighting with him.

"Ashlynn, come on, baby. School will be fun. I promise not to leave you until you feel okay, but we've got to get going."

AJ does Krissy's hair in pigtails. "Alright. Let's go get some breakie."

Krissy hurries downstairs and gets a muffin. "C'n I have juice in the car?" she asks.

Ashlynn scowls, and flops back down on her bed. She lays there, arms crossed, staring up at him angrily. Sammy was lying next to her.

"Sure," AJ answers, handing her the muffin he'd made.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, you know I'll look after you and I won't leave you, but we can't make Krissy late so I need you to cooperate."

Ashlynn doesn't move, just lies there and glares.

Krissy grins and stuffs the muffin in her mouth. "Where do I go after school?" She asks. Sometimes she goes to Gramma's, but usually she goes to Aunt Becky's and Aunt Sam's for daycare.

"I'm not sure," AJ answers. "We'll ask Daddy in the car." He then calls upstairs. "C'mon Kev! I got everything but us in the car!"

Kevin picks her up and swats her bottom firmly five times. "Are we going back to this?" he asks grabbing a hairbrush and running it through her hair as gently as possible.

Krissy giggles thinking this rushy feeling is kind of funny.

Ashlynn cries, as she didn't want to go nor start getting in trouble again. She manages to grab hold of Sammy and clings to him tightly.

AJ scoops Krissy up and runs about playfully as they wait on the two upstairs. "Shoes! Jacket!"

He gets Krissy all ready to go and kisses her head. "Thank-you for listening this morning."

Krissy smiles. "You're welcome, Fred," she answers feeling very silly.

AJ laughs and kisses her head again. "KEVIN! C'MON!"

Kevin puts Ashlynn's hair up in a ponytail. "Come on, Ashlynn," he says holding her hand. "I promise. I won't leave until you say it's okay."

Ashlynn sighs, but lets him lead her downstairs, Sammy still in her arms.

"We're late! We're late! For a very important date!" AJ sings, sounding like the white rabbit from Alice In Wonderland.

Kevin gets downstairs and grabs Ashlynn’s jacket. "All set. Grab a muffin for the car," he tells AJ.

AJ nods and grabs a muffin. He hands it to Ashlynn on their way out.

Krissy giggles and claps, a big fan of that movie

Ashlynn scowls munching on her muffin silently.

Krissy quickly climbs into the car. She's been around enough to experience late days so she's good at helping where she can.

Kevin opens Ashlynn's door. "Climb in, kiddo," he says giving AJ an apologetic look.

Ashlynn gets in and buckles her and Sammy up.

AJ gets in quickly, behind the wheel. "Just hurry Kev."

Kevin hops in and buckles up. "Go."

He grabs the juice AJ brought and hands one to each child. "There you go, guys."

AJ hits the gas pedal and peels out of their driveway rather quickly.

Krissy giggles again.

Ashlynn drinks the juice and eats the muffin. She didn't find any of this amusing at all.

AJ reaches the school shortly, and gets Krissy out quickly, grabbing her stuff. "C'mon Kiddo. You're late."

Krissy turns to her sister. "School's fun!" she exclaims.

Krissy hops out and tries to keep up with Daddy as they race to her classroom.

"Chat later!" AJ says, laughing as they take off.

Kevin takes a deep breath and takes more time to get Ashlynn out.

Kevin opens the door and holds out his hand. "So do you want to tell me what happened overnight?" he asks. "You were so cooperative yesterday. What's wrong today?" he asks.

Ashlynn gets out, not wanting any more spankings, but brings Sammy with her. She was scared. She took hold of Kevin's hand and didn't utter a word - not that she'd decided to talk at home or anything.

He holds her hand with one hand and puts his other arm around her to reassure her.

Ashlynn looks at the building and scowls. She reaches up, wanting to be picked up, though she's her knapsack on.

AJ's decided to stay with Krissy's class for a bit, to help entertain.

Mrs. Bitner looks very surprised to see Krissy enter the room with AJ, not to mention late. "Oh!" she says as all the children finish getting settled. "Is everything okay?" she asks a little worriedly.

Krissy grins up at her teacher. "I got a sister!" she announces proudly.

"Yes. We just overslept," AJ laughs. "Sorry about that." He smiles at Krissy. "Yes, that too. An un-co-operative one."

Kevin picks her up and nuzzles her. "Is it scary?" he asks trying yes or no questions.

Ashlynn nods, burying her face into him and Sammy.

Mrs. Bitner laughs. "An un-co-operative baby?" she asks misunderstanding.

Krissy shakes her head. "A big sissy!" she exclaims.

Mrs. Bitner laughs. "Well how about you go hang up your jacket and backpack and then you can tell the whole class?" she asks.

"Yes, a big sissy," AJ nods. "I'm going to stay a bit, if it's okay."

Kevin holds her tight. "I promise I won't leave until you say it's okay."

Ashlynn nods, still feeling terrified. She was afraid they'd find out she couldn't read nor spell anything but her own name.

Mrs. Bitner nods. "That's fine. Maybe you'd help out in awhile?" she asks hopefully. "It's music day," she explains.

"Ooh! Cool!" AJ grins. "I LOVE music day!"

Kevin holds her tight as they enter the office. He tells the secretary the situation and she has them wait in a small room with a table and a few chairs. Kevin holds Ashlynn on his lap. "Before you get a classroom, they're going to find out what you know and what you still need to learn," he explains.

Krissy giggles but remembers to go put her things away.

Ashlynn sighs heavily.

Mrs. Bitner gathers the children over to the carpet waiting for Krissy to join them.

AJ joins everyone on the carpet.

Krissy sits between two of her little friends and pays attention quietly.

Kevin kisses her head. "There are no right or wrong answers okay?" he asks. "You won't get in trouble if you don't know something."

Ashlynn nods slightly. She hugs Sammy tighter.

Just then, a woman walks in and smiles at Kevin and Ashlynn.

Ashlynn squirms as someone enters the room.

"Hello!" she says extending a hand to Kevin.

Kevin shakes it. "I'm Kevin Richardson."

Ashlynn eyes her warily.

"I'm Mrs. Thompson," the woman says. "I'm an educational counselor," she explains. "I understand Ashlynn here has recently come from foster care and you're not sure where she is in school?"

Kevin nods. "And I'm warning you now, she doesn't talk much."

Ashlynn frowns and squirms again.

Mrs. Thompson smiles. "Well that's alright. Ashlynn? Is there a way you would talk that doesn't use your voice?" she asks thinking that maybe Ashlynn would be willing to draw pictures.

Ashlynn signs "Yes" to her.

"She's been using sign language," Kevin explains.

Ashlynn nods.

Mrs. Thompson beams. "My! That's a very special talent!" she says to Ashlynn. "I confess I don't know it very well, but I know another teacher who does, and I just saw her," she says and disappears for a moment.

Ashlynn giggles, finding that funny - that a teacher didn't know something.

Kevin grins at Ashlynn. "Wow! You've really impressed her!" he tells his daughter before kissing her cheek.

Ashlynn just smiles innocently. She knew she could talk with her hands, but other things - well...

After getting all the everyday stuff taken care of and letting Krissy talk about her new sister Mrs. Bitner introduces AJ. "Children, this is Krissy's daddy Mr. McLean," she says.

All the children say hi together.

"Hello," AJ smiles.

Kevin smiles as Mrs. Thompson returns with another woman.

Ashlynn hides behind Sammy again.

"Ashlynn, Mr. Richardson, this is Mrs. Schmit," she says.

Mrs. Schmit kneels in front of Ashlynn and signs "Hello."

Ashlynn nods. She wished they'd finish - she wanted to find Krissy and go play.

"Mr. McLean? Would you mind teaching the children a new song for music day?" she asks.

"Sure!" AJ grins. "I know a Halloween song."

Krissy grins and claps, very excited.

Mrs. Bitner nods. "The floor is all yours."

Mrs. Schmit nods. "Is this your bear?" she asks.

IN sign language

AJ starts to sing, helping the children along the way. "Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate. The first one said Oh my it's getting late..."

Ashlynn nods and signs back "Yes. Sammy. Don't touch."

Mrs. Schmit nods. "Okay," she agrees. "I won't touch him. Have you or Sammy ever been to school?" she signs

Krissy's learned the song before so she sings along easily.

Ashlynn nods. "Yep," she signs. "F*cking waste of time." She blushes when she realizes what she'd signed.

The kids are having a great time

"Second one said there are witches in the hair..." AJ continues.

Mrs. Schmit is a bit taken aback, but notices Ashlynn's response. "Did you know that was a naughty word?" she signs.

"Yes," Ashlynn signs back, looking sheepish. "Slipped. Don't tell Daddy!"

Mrs. Schmit nods. "If you promise not to say it again, I won't tell," she signs.

Ashlynn nods her head yes, to show her agreement.

Krissy tries to show her friends how to do it right, being a little bossy.

Mrs. Schmit nods and smiles broadly. "Why was it a waste of time?" she signs.

AJ taps her on the head lightly, and crosses his eyes as he sings. "Third one said but we don't care..."

Ashlynn signs back, "Boring. Wanna play, not learn."

Krissy frowns for a minute, but enjoys the song too much to dwell on it.

Mrs. Schmit nods. "What if I make learning like playing?" she asks.

"Fourth one said let's run and run and run," AJ goes on.

Ashlynn shrugs. "Kay," she signs.

She waits for some tougher questions.

"Fifth one said, I'm ready for some fun," AJ sings.

Mrs. Schmit smiles. "Do you know how to read?" she signs.

Ashlynn bites her lip slightly, and lies. "Yes," she signs.

Kevin is watching closely and can tell a lying child a mile away. "Are you telling the truth?" he asks Ashlynn. "Remember I said there are no right or wrong answers, but lying is always, always, always wrong."

Krissy plays along happily, trying to sneak in instructions when Daddy’s facing someone else.

"Can read," Ashlynn still signs. She'd been made fun of before, and had vowed not to let it happen again.

"Ooh went the wind and out went the light," AJ finishes. "And the five little pumpkins rolled outta sight."

Mrs. Schmit nods. "Very good," she signs. She'd worked with children like Ashlynn before and had a pretty good idea of how to proceed. "Would you mind being in my class?" she signed.

Ashlynn shrugs. She didn't really care. She was starting to feel bad about lying though.

She stares down at the floor now.

AJ finishes singing, and applauds the kids in the class. "Good job!"

Krissy claps so the other kids do too.

AJ laughs.

Mrs. Schmit smiles. "It isn't a very big class so we can work just you and me a lot. And if you decide you'd like to go to another class later then we'll work that out then. Okay?"

Ashlynn nods again. She wanted to cry.

Mrs. Bitner smiles "That was wonderful! What do we say to Mr. McLean?" she asks the class.

AJ just grins. "Thanks."

Mrs. Schmit nods. "I'll go make up a list of supplies," she tells Kevin and then I'll take both of you to the classroom.

Kevin nods. "Okay," he replies as the two teachers leave the room. He knows Ashlynn's been put in a type of special Ed, but it wasn't unavoidable.

He smiles at Ashlynn. "She isn't too scary, huh?"

"Thank you!" the kindergarten class says together

Ashlynn turns and hides her face into Kevin's chest. They'd find out now - she couldn't read or write. She hadn't learned anything back in kindergarten, but had been passed to the next grade, as the teachers didn't want to deal with her.

Krissy giggles feeling very proud of her daddy

"You're welcome!" AJ says with the same enthusiasm.

Mrs. Bitner claps her hands for attention. "Now everyone go to their chair and we'll have a snack before ABC time," she says.

Krissy gets up and races over to her chair.

AJ laughs at the kids, and follows Krissy to her table.

"Krissy!" Mrs. Bitner calls over the din. "Please come back and walk," she says gently.

Krissy looks up and frowns, but does as she's told.

AJ raises his eyebrows. He'd forgotten the no running rule.

Mrs. Schmit returns shortly and hands a piece of paper to Kevin.

Ashlynn peeks at it, wondering what it said.

Kevin nods. "We've already got most of this, but I'll pick up the rest tonight," he assures Mrs. Schmit.

Ashlynn pretends to read it.

Mrs. Schmit nods with a smile. "Ready to go see your classroom?" she asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn nods slightly, though still clings to Kevin and Sammy tightly.

She sighed heavily.

Krissy finally gets to her table, but after all her friends.

AJ's sitting at the table, waiting for her.

Mrs. Bitner starts to hand out goldfish crackers to all the children. "Mr. McLean, I wonder if you could help with juice?" she asks.

"Sure!" AJ says, getting up to pass it out.

Mrs. Schmit leads Kevin and Ashlynn down the hallway to a classroom.

Kevin holds Ashlynn's hand the whole way.

Ashlynn remains silent, still scared. She hugged Sammy closer.

AJ makes sure to get the children to laugh as he hands out the juice.

Ashlynn peeks into the classroom once they reach it, and clings tighter to Kevin's hand.

Mrs. Schmit opens the door and walks in. There is one other teacher already there and working with a few other children in a small group.

Ashlynn eyes them all warily.

Mrs. Schmit leads Ashlynn over to a desk. "This will be your desk, Ashlynn," she signs. "The teacher over there is Mrs. Kennedy. She teaches the older kids."

Ashlynn nods and cautiously sits down, Sammy in her lap.

AJ finishes and goes back to sitting at Krissy's table.

Kevin smiles and pulls up a chair to sit near her.

Ashlynn looks around and frowns when she sees all the brightly coloured signs she can't read.

Mrs. Schmit brings over a worksheet with some letters on it and sits down in another chair.

Ashlynn eyes the worksheet, wanting to know what it was.

Mrs. Bitner waits for the kids to finish their snacks and then dismisses them one table at a time to go throw away their cups and wash their hands.

AJ watches, highly amused.

Mrs. Schmit smiles. "Can you point to the A?" she signs.

Krissy talks with her friends until one of them gets splashed from a boy whose just trying to be a pain.

Ashlynn nods. She knew the A's, as her name started with one. She pointed to it.

Krissy frowns and splashes water back at him making all her friends giggle.

AJ's looking about the room.

Mrs. Schmit smiles. "How about an S?"

Ashlynn points to that too. She then decides to be smart, and points to the other letters in her name as well. She smiles proudly.

Mrs. Bitner turns around. "Krissy! No, no, no!" she exclaims. "You know there's no splashing at the sink," she says going over to the group of children and turning the water off.

Mrs. Bitner hands a towel to each child looking at Krissy sternly.

AJ looks over, but stays out of it.

Krissy frowns. "But he splashed first!" she protests, pointing at the boy in question.

AJ just watches.

Mrs. Schmit beams. "My! You must know your name!" she signs. "Can you write your name?" she signs.

Ashlynn nods. She wasn't stupid.

Mrs. Bitner shakes her head. "You ask him to stop with words or you come get me, but no splashing back," she scolds. "I think you both should spend some time in time out," she says. "Brad, over there. Krissy, over there," She says pointing to opposite corners.

AJ sighs slightly and shakes his head.

Kevin quickly gets a pencil out of Ashlynn’s backpack and hands it to her.

"Thank you, " Mrs. Schmit signs to Kevin. "Ashlynn, will you write your name on the worksheet please?"

Ashlynn rolls her eyes and writes her name at the top of the worksheet.

Mrs. Schmit smiles. "Very good! Now let’s try a different letter. Can you point to the R?" she signs.

Krissy hesitates trying to decide whether arguing is a good idea or not.

Ashlynn stares at the worksheet a second, but knows she'll never find it. She picks the worksheet up and rips it in half with a shrug.

Mrs. Bitner just looks steadily at Krissy.

Kevin's surprised and looks at Mrs. Schmit.

AJ still watches quietly.

Mrs. Schmit is not very surprised and just collects the two pieces of worksheet.

Krissy sighs in a huff and stomps over to the time out corner angrily.

Ashlynn hugs Sammy and kisses his head, unconcerned.

AJ shakes his head, watching his youngest.

Mrs. Schmit looks at Ashlynn. "Do you only know the letters in your name?" she signs, but still with a pleasant attitude.

Mrs. Bitner quickly got the other children settled and handed out worksheets.

"No," Ashlynn signs back with a frown. She was not going to admit the teacher was right.

Mrs. Schmit looks confused. "Then why did you stop? You were doing so well!"

"Alright, Brad. Krissy? You may come back to your tables now," Mrs. Bitner says.

Ashlynn just scowls at the teacher, not amused.

Krissy gets up and hurries back to her table, but makes sure to walk.

AJ smiles when she remembers not to run.

Mrs. Schmit looks up at Kevin. "Generally, children in foster care are not at grade level," she explains. "And I would guess that this is how Ashlynn avoids learning. It's her goal to make me mad or frustrated so that I stop trying."

Kevin nods, listening.

Krissy sits down and picks up her pencil, paying attention to her teacher. She doesn't want to look at Daddy, afraid she's in trouble with him too.

Ashlynn's frown deepens as she continues to play quietly with Sammy. How dare the teacher figure her out.

AJ leans over and kisses her head quickly, not wanting to distract her too much.

Mrs. Schmit stands up. "I also imagine that she's been the victim of ridicule in other schools. The best I can do is assure her that no one will think she's stupid here, but I think Ashlynn's done listening to me for the day."

Krissy smiles a little. Okay. Daddy's not mad.

Kevin nods noting that Ashlynn had lied to him.

Ashlynn gets up abruptly and heads for the door, now more than ready to leave and go home. She didn't care that it wasn't even lunch yet. She only knew what time lunch was, as she'd stared at the clock until the lunch bell would ring.

AJ smiles and watches his baby learn.

Ashlynn reaches the door, and now stands there, angrily waiting for Kevin to hurry and catch up.

After School by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Hey y'all. There was a request this be updated, so I decided to surprise the one who made the request. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, & the teachers. BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Warning: Corporal Punishment.

Kevin stays right where he is. "It's not time to leave yet, Ashlynn," he says.

Ashlynn scowls at him and stomps her foot. She wanted to go home and play with Krissy. Now.

Kevin shakes his head. "You know what throwing a tantrum will get you, Ashlynn," he warns.

Ashlynn's look darkens as she crosses her arms over her chest and Sammy. She stomps her foot once more, then abruptly turns and walks out of the classroom.

AJ helps Krissy with her letters, as the teacher explains the alphabet and stuff.

Kevin sighs, thanks the teacher, and then heads out to follow Ashlynn.

Krissy smiles at AJ. He should come to school with her everyday.

AJ kisses her head. "You're doin' good, Honey."

Ashlynn sees Kevin following her and starts to hightail it down the hallway fast as she can.

Kevin easily outruns her and picks her up. "Where are you going?" he asks continuing to head towards the car.

Ashlynn struggles with him. She'd been heading for the playground she'd seen on the way in.

Kevin shakes his head. "Stop it, Ashlynn. You're already going to get a spanking when we get home, do you want me to make it with the paddle?"

Ashlynn fights with him even more. She wanted to go and play.

AJ sighs, wondering what's taking Kevin so long, as they need to get to work.

Kevin smacks her backside hard a few times.

Krissy's classroom is on the way to the parking lot so he pokes his head in. "Mrs. Bitner, I'm sorry, but can I steal my husband away?"

Mrs. Bitner smiles and shakes her head. "Not a problem, Mr. Richardson."

Ashlynn screams and starts to cry.

AJ looks up, then kisses Krissy's head. "Gramma's picking you up later, okay? Love you."

Krissy frowns but nods. "Love 'oo," she replies a little sadly as she watches him leave.

Kevin waits for AJ in the hallway.

AJ ruffles her hair, then goes out into the hallway. Part of him isn't all that surprised to see Kevin holding Ashlynn.

Ashlynn squirms.

Kevin looks at AJ helplessly. "She won't behave," he explains.

"I'll stay home with her so you can go to work."

AJ sighs shaking his head. "Figures." He nods. "Alright. I can drop you guys off at home, then head to work. Maybe I'll even call Mom and tell her I'll pick Krissy up tonight."

Kevin nods and heads back towards the car.

"How was she doing in there?" he asked.

"Pretty good," AJ smiles. "Only got called back to walk once, and one time-out for splashing a boy who'd splashed her friend."

Ashlynn starts hitting Kevin with Sammy.

Kevin takes Sammy away as soon as they're out of the building. "If you can't be nice, no Sammy," he says.

AJ takes Sammy from Kevin and gets into the car.

Ashlynn starts to scream and struggle even worse. "SAMMY!"

Kevin puts Ashlynn in the backseat and buckles her in. "It was your choice, Ashlynn," he says sternly.

AJ sets Sammy down on the seat, so that the bear is next to him on the middle front seat.

Ashlynn screams and squirms in her seat.

Kevin just shakes his head and gets in, letting AJ drive.

Ashlynn screams, squirms, and kicks the back of the front seat the whole entire way home.

AJ clutches the steering wheel tightly as he drives. He soon pulls into the driveway, so that Kevin and Ashlynn can get out.

Kevin gets out and then opens Ashlynn's door to pick her out. "I love you, babe," he says giving his husband a hopeful smile.

"Love you too," AJ smiles back. "Good luck." With that, once the other doors were closed and he had had handed Sammy over, he took off for work.

Ashlynn fights with him again.

Kevin takes Ashlynn in the house and sets Sammy up on the bookshelf. "Sammy's going to stay here until you've been punished and are ready to behave."

Ashlynn starts to wail louder. "SAMMY!"

Kevin holds Ashlynn's chin with his hand and makes her look him in the eye. "You were naughty at school, weren't you?"

Ashlynn squirms as tears stream down her face. She'd wanted to go play with Krissy.

Kevin holds her firmly in place. "Answer my question, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn nods slightly. She was not going to speak aloud for him - for nobody - not if they took Sammy from her.

Kevin shakes his head. "I'm Daddy, Ashlynn. And I want to hear a yes or no," he says firmly.

Ashlynn sticks her tongue out at him instead.

Kevin turns her over and delivers a hard rain of spanks to her bottom.

After about twenty hard spanks he stands her back up. "Yes or no, Ashlynn. You don't have to talk to other people, but Daddy AJ and I need to be able to talk to you so you have to start talking."

Ashlynn shrieks, and starts to sob. "NO!"

Kevin looks surprised. "You weren't naughty?" he asks. "Didn't you lie?"

Ashlynn scowls at him. She had lied. She shrugs slightly.

Kevin spanks her again, but this time gives her thirty spanks on her bottom. "Shrugs aren't words," he tells her when he stands her up.

Ashlynn's sobbing again, and wipes at her eyes with her fists..."F*CK...YOU!" She says slowly.

Kevin stands up with Ashlynn and goes into the kitchen. "You're just making this worse young lady," he says sitting her on the counter and soaping up a rag.

Ashlynn clamps her mouth shut tightly.

He puts it in her mouth and crosses his arms, looking at her. "No naughty words."

Ashlynn struggles with him, wanting it out. She squirms too, as her jean-covered bottom hurt.

"Am I going to hear anymore naughty words?" he asked.

Ashlynn shakes her head no.

Kevin takes out the rag and carries her into the bathroom.

He sets her down and turns the water on. "You can rinse," he tells her sternly.

Ashlynn rinses her mouth out, and stares up at him once she's finished.

Kevin looks down at her sternly. "Now let's try this again. Were you naughty at school today?"

Ashlynn pouts up at him through tears. She hated having to say yes, but did so extremely soft anyway - just to satisfy him..."Yes..."

Kevin doesn't mind the volume. At least she's talking. "What did you do that was naughty?"

Ashlynn shrugs. She'd no idea...well, other than lie maybe...but she'd her reasons!

"No, Ashlynn," Kevin says sternly. "You know at least one naughty thing. What was it?"

"Lie," Ashlynn whispers just barely.

Kevin nods. "And what about running out of class? Is that being a good little girl?"

"No," Ashlynn answers, still just barely audible.

She tries to back up, but can't because the sink's in the way. Instead, she lets her hands cover her bottom, though she's still wearing her blue jeans.

Kevin nods. "And what happens to naughty little girls in this house?" he asks.

Ashlynn starts to cry again, her hands still over her bottom. She didn't want to be spanked anymore.

"Ashlynn?" he asks again.

Ashlynn shakes her head, and tries to back up again, but still can't because of the blasted sink.

Kevin sighs and crosses his arms. "The faster you obey, the faster you get Sammy back."

"No spanking..." Ashlynn whispers quietly. She presses her hands harder against her bottom.

Kevin shakes his head. "You don't get that option. You knew that if you were naughty you'd get a spanking."

Ashlynn's tears fall harder then..."No!" She wails, still protecting her bottom.

Kevin shakes his head. "You need to learn to be a good girl. We can't help you get what you want if you're being naughty."

Kevin takes Ashlynn's hand and takes her back to the kitchen. He gets a large wooden spoon out of the utensil crock.

Then he walks her into the living room and sits down on the couch.

"No!" Ashlynn wails again.

He stands Ashlynn in front of him and unbuttons her jeans.

Ashlynn fights to keep her pants up.

"Maybe you'll remember this spanking and think about it before you lie or run out of school again."

Kevin takes advantage of his strength and pulls her jeans and panties down despite her efforts.

Ashlynn cries harder, still trying to somehow protect her bottom.

Kevin holds Ashlynn's hands away from her bottom and then starts to spank her with his hand firmly.

"There is no lying, Ashlynn," he says.

Ashlynn yelps each time his hand makes contact.

"And school is not an option. You have to stay and try. The teachers can't help you if you don't try to learn."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks. She was not going back to school ever again!

She struggles with him, squirming about.

Kevin picks up the spoon and starts using that.

Ashlynn starts to scream. "OW!"

"You don't get to make a choice, Ashlynn. And every time you run away or are mean to your teacher, you're going to get a spanking."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, still desperately trying to get away. "NO! NO! NO!"

Kevin spanks harder, making sure to get all of the bottom and the upper thighs.

Ashlynn stops screaming and now just sobs and hiccups.

Kevin keeps at the little bottom with the wooden spoon.

Ashlynn just keeps crying, now having had stopped struggling. Her bottom hurt like crazy, and she just wanted for it all to end.

"Are you going to lie anymore?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head no frantically.

"Are you going to stay at school all day tomorrow?"

Ashlynn nods yes, though she knew she'd try everything she could think of to get out of it.

Kevin keeps spanking. "And what about being polite to your teacher?"

Ashlynn nods yes again, yelping slightly.

Kevin delivers fifteen more solid spanks of the spoon and then puts it down.

Ashlynn's still crying hard.

He replaces Ashlynn's panties and then stands up.

He picks Ashlynn up and goes over to the bookshelf to get Sammy.

Ashlynn buries her face into Kevin, her bottom throbbing.

He hands Sammy to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn gratefully takes her Bear back into her arms, hugging her beloved friend tightly. She whimpers, and keeps her tear-stained face hidden.

Kevin sits down in the recliner and holds her tight.

Ashlynn snuggles into him, still crying softly.

"Okay Ashlynn, all forgiven," he coos to her.

Ashlynn hits him once with Sammy, mad it had taken that much of a spanking to be forgiven.

Kevin tilts her chin up to look at him. "Ashlynn, if you're going to start hitting, I can flip you back over and go back to spanking," he says.

Ashlynn scowls, and flops her head back onto his chest. She was not amused.

Kevin just holds her and rubs her back.

"How would feel about Gramma taking you to school tomorrow?" he asks thinking Denise had done wonders with Ashlynn.

Ashlynn shakes her head no furiously. She did not want to be alone with any female older than her. She hides her face into Sammy.

Daddy nods. "Okay. No. I was just asking. I'll take you again tomorrow."

After sitting there quietly for a moment, Ashlynn squirms out of his lap and runs off. She'd still yet to explore the house.

Kevin decides to give her some space and starts to make some lunch for them.

Ashlynn finds the Backstreet room, where all their awards and stuff were. She closes the door and looks around in complete awe. She immediately spots a picture of Brian and giggles. She goes over and picks it up, then runs out of the room with it. She was keeping the picture, and not telling anybody. Finder’s keepers.

She disappears outside next, finding play equipment and a pool. She avoids the pool and runs for the swings.

Kevin hears the backdoor open and close. Curiously, he looks out the sliding glass doors and smiles.

He goes out and stands on the deck. "Looks like you found the swing!" he calls over to her.

Ashlynn giggles and swings higher, Sammy sitting on the ground with the picture of Brian.

She loved to swing!

Kevin ducks back into the house for the camera and then approaches her, taking pictures of his daughter happy on the swing.

"Wave to the camera, Ashlynn!" he calls with a smile.

Ashlynn looks over and smiles big. She was happy, knowing someone actually wanted her picture. She waves, and keeps swinging.

Daddy chuckles. He gets as close as the camera will allow and then lowers it. As he puts it in his pocket, he notices the picture of Brian on the grass. He smiles. "So why did you get the picture of Uncle Brian out?" he asks. He's not angry, just curious.

Ashlynn abruptly stops swinging and quickly grabs both the picture and Sammy up. She hugs them tightly to her chest, then sits back down on the swing again.

Kevin looks very confused. "I'm not going to take it, sweetie."

"I was just wondering what you were doing with it out here. It might get all messed up and you don't want that."

Ashlynn slides off the swing and runs back inside the house. She then runs up to her room, slamming the door - hard. She runs to her closet, and hides in the very back corner of it. She was in a weird mood.

Kevin shakes his head. "That little imp is going to give me a daily workout!" he exclaims going back inside and putting lunch on the table. "Ashlynn! Lunch is ready!" he calls.

Ashlynn stays hidden in her closet, not wanting lunch at all. She moves things about, so that her closet door can't be opened, unless she's the one to do it.

Kevin waits a few minutes but when Ashlynn doesn't come down, he goes up to her room. "Ashlynn?" he asks looking around. "Are you okay?" he asks sticking his head in the bathroom but not finding her there.

Ashlynn stays quiet, deciding not to come when called. She stares down at the picture in her hands and whispers softly. "Wanna meet you...Now...." She knew she was to come when called, as all the other people she'd ever stayed with always told her that, and she usually did - but not today.

Kevin frowns and keeps searching the entire upstairs. Finally, he comes back to Ashlynn's room and looks under the bed and then goes to open the closet, but the door won't budge.

"Ashlynn? Are you in there?" he asks in a worried voice.

"Are you okay?"

Ashlynn sticks her tongue out at the door, and hugs the picture and Sammy tighter. She also sticks her middle finger up at the door, and mouths naughty words at it.

Kevin tries to think through the situation and reasons that there's nothing in there she can hurt herself with and if she's got herself stuck, she'll bang for help when she's decided she's had enough. "Okay," he says slowly. "But I thought we would talk about your party this afternoon," he said and left.

Ashlynn looks up at the door. Her party! She'd almost forgotten about that! She quickly starts throwing things aside, then picks up Sammy and the photo, before cautiously opening the door and poking her head out. "Daddy?" She calls softly.

Kevin was at the top of the stairs but he heard her and went back to her room. "Yes?" he asked casually.

Ashlynn runs over to him, still holding her stuff. "Up!"

Kevin smiles. "Can you say please?" he asks.

Ashlynn scowls, and turns heading back for her bed.

She climbs up and flops back, still clutching her things.

Kevin shrugs. "Suit yourself, but my little girls need to be polite and that means saying please when you want something."

Ashlynn's scowl deepens, and she whips one of her many pillows at him. She'd wanted to be picked up. She throws a couple more pillows his way angrily.

She signs naughty words his way, knowing he doesn't understand sign language.

Kevin goes over and holds her arms firmly to her sides. "Do you remember what happened last time you started making a mess in here?" he asked. "Your feet got hurt."

Ashlynn struggles with him, trying to get her arms free. Unable to do so, she starts to kick her legs and scream.

Kevin picks her up and holds her tight. "Stop throwing tantrum, Ashlynn. You know better," he says. "Or we can just forget your party."

"NO!" Ashlynn wails, starting to cry. She wanted a party more than anything! She still squirms about though, now more upset than angry.

Kevin rubs her back hoping to calm her down. "Then I need you to calm down," he says.

Ashlynn starts to pound her fists on his chest, midst trying to get away. She pushes herself backwards, trying to get away from him that way also.

Kevin isn't phased. "Do you need help to calm down?" he asks.

Ashlynn keeps squirming, slowly starting to grow angry again because he wouldn't let her go. She still beats upon him with her fists, then leans in close enough to bite him - hard.

Kevin sighs. "I don't know what's got into you, Ashlynn, but you're quickly throwing away your party."

Kevin takes Ashlynn down to his office and sits down in a straight-backed chair.

He deftly removes her pants and panties and then reaches back for a ruler.

Ashlynn screams and squirms, still trying to get away.

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

Ashlynn shrieks hysterically.

"I don't know how many times we're going to have to talk about hitting and biting, Ashlynn, but if we have to talk about it again, I'm going to get the belt out again."

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

Ashlynn sobs. She wanted Sammy - he'd been left upstairs on her bed. "SAMMY!"

She squirms about some more. "STO-OP!"

Kevin shakes his head.

"No, Ashlynn. Not till you decide to be a good girl. I know you know not to hit or bite."

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

Ashlynn cries, still wailing for Sammy. Though, she's stopped trying to fight him. She thinks of something then, and pretends to pass out - it always worked everywhere else.

Kevin's not buying it. That wasn't remotely believable. Instead, he just keeps spanking the naughty bottom.

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK

Ashlynn starts to cry again. Normally her plan worked.

Kevin shakes his head. "That's lying, Ashlynn," he says and puts the ruler down, going for his big strong hand for a while.

SPANK, SPANK, SPANK, SPANK, SPANK

SPANK, SPANK, SPANK, SPANKS, PANK

SPANK, SPANK, SPANK, SPANK, SPANK

Kevin gives 15 good hard fast spanks to her bottom and then pauses, to see if she's ready to cooperate.

Ashlynn hadn't known that pretending to faint was lying. She soon hiccups through her tears.

Kevin picks her up and places her on his lap firmly. "Are you ready to be a good girl for the rest of the day?"

Ashlynn nods wistfully, as she rubs her eyes with her hands.

Kevin stands up and walks back up to her room and gets Sammy. He hands the teddy bear to her and then goes into Krissy's room and sits in the rocking chair with Ashlynn.

Ashlynn buries her face into him, feeling extremely naughty. "Bad words..." She says softly, deciding to tell him what she'd been doing in the closet.

Kevin looks confused. "Bad words?" he asked. "When did you use bad words?"

"Closet..." Ashlynn whispers just barely audible.

Kevin nods. "Well this time I'm not going to soap your mouth, but I'm proud of you for telling me that you were naughty."

Ashlynn snuggles into him a bit more, hugging Sammy tightly. She still felt rotten.

AJ finishes up what he's working on, then cleans up. He leaves the studio, and heads for Krissy's school. He'd already called his mother and told her he'd get Krissy today as a special surprise. He pulls up outside of the school, then gets out of his car and heads inside. He knocks on the classroom door, knowing he's a couple minutes early.

"Sorry..." Ashlynn says extremely soft.

Kevin nods. "You're forgiven," he tells her and cuddles her close.

Mrs. Bitner opens the door and smiles. "Oh! Mr. McLean! You're back!"

Ashlynn smiles slightly and leans up to give him a small kiss.

Krissy rushes forwards. "Daddy!" she squeals excitedly. She'd been pretty bummed after he left.

Kevin smiles and then tackles her in kisses

AJ smiles and nods, as he scoops Krissy up. "Yeah. Missed my Angel."

Ashlynn squeals with giggles, and squirms about in his lap.

"You ready to go home?" AJ asks.

Kevin smiles. "You ready for lunch?" he asks.

Krissy nods. "Where's Gramma?"

Ashlynn nods her head yes. She was hungry now.

"Gramma's at her house," AJ says. "Daddy came to get you."

Krissy smiles and puts her head on his shoulder.

Mrs. Bitner smiles. "The bell hasn't rung yet, but you can take her now if you like," she offers.

Kevin stands up and takes Ashlynn downstairs.

AJ kisses her head. "C'mon Pumpkin. Let's go see if Daddy has lunch ready yet."

"I made peanut butter with no jelly," he says setting her gently in her chair.

Ashlynn smiles, glad he remembered she didn't like jelly..."Apples?"

Kevin smiles. "What a good healthy girl!" he praises along with a million kisses.

Krissy nods and pops her thumb in her mouth.

Kevin goes over to the fruit basket and gets out an apple and cuts it quickly, giving Ashlynn several slices. "You can have more when you finish those if you want," he says.

Ashlynn giggles, liking all the attention. She nods and picks up an apple slice to munch on, then takes a bite out of her sandwich.

AJ bids Mrs. Bitner goodbye, then carries Krissy out to the car and gets her into her seat. He then climbs in and drives them home. "How was school, Baby?"

Ashlynn looks thoughtful, then opens up her sandwich and sticks the apple slices inside. She smiles - she now had a peanut butter and apple sandwich - her favourite!

AJ reaches the house and gets Krissy out. "Well? How was your day?"

Krissy's been very sleepy and had just nodded the first time.

"Kay," she finally answered.

AJ kisses her head and goes inside. "We're home!" He calls.

Kevin smiled at Ashlynn. "Good idea!" he praised and then turned as the garage door opened.

Ashlynn quickly finishes up her lunch, and goes over to the counter. She grabs an apple that was sitting there, and picks up the knife. She wanted more.

AJ smiles at his husband. "Good afternoon."

Kevin kisses AJ. "Same to you."

Kevin turns and sees Ashlynn with the knife.

AJ smiles as he takes Krissy over to the table and sets down with her in his lap.

Deftly, he removes it from her fingers. "Ashlynn, honey, be careful," he says gently kissing her little fingers. "I don't want you to cut yourself."

Krissy turns around and lays against AJ, completely uninterested in lunch.

Ashlynn holds the apple up to him.

"I think I'm going to take the lil' one to lie down for a bit," AJ says. "Might stay there with her myself."

Kevin smiles. "Remember what I said about being polite?" he asks.

"Please?" Ashlynn says softly.

Kevin beams and puts the knife down before tackling her in hugs and kisses.

Ashlynn shrieks with laughter. She hugs him tightly.

Kevin nods to AJ. "Sure you don't want lunch?" he asks with a broad smile as he starts to cut Ashlynn her second apple.

AJ shakes his head. "Nah..." He kisses Kevin, then Ashlynn, and heads upstairs with Krissy. He lies down on her bed with her and covers them up. He sings softly.

Birthday Party Begins by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
This chapter will be done in a few parts, just because I can. Hehe. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy, Ben, Jamie, Gracie, Caroline, Sam, Becky, & Evin. She also own this older version of Baylee. BSB own themselves, as do their mothers. Thank-you!

Denise was at the Richardson house making the birthday cake early on Saturday.

Ashlynn stumbles downstairs and into the kitchen on her own. She rubs her eyes sleepily, stopping when she spots Denise. She frowns, then heads for the living room to watch cartoons. She channel surfs to MTV though, squealing loudly when an old BSB video came on. She cranks it up, grinning widely, as she hugs Sammy.

AJ was in the shower, getting ready for the long and eventful day ahead of them.

Denise laughs. "I like that video too," she agrees.

Krissy was standing in her Daddy's bedroom waiting for AJ when she heard the faint yet familiar sound of the video.

Ashlynn sticks her tongue rudely out at Denise, then goes back to staring at Brian.

In a flash she made it down the stairs and into the living room and stood next to Ashlynn, entranced by the video.

Ashlynn turns the TV up loud as it can go. She still stares at Brian.

AJ gets out of the shower and gets dressed. "Why do I hear myself?" He wonders aloud.

Denise frowns, but decides just to mention it to AJ.

Krissy covers her ears, not liking that much noise.

Kevin had been in the backyard putting up decorations when he felt the whole house shaking. "What the...?"

AJ comes downstairs, and goes into the kitchen to greet his Mom. "Morin' Momma..."

Ashlynn figures out how to put the TV on stereo, and turns it up even louder than before.

She's jumping about excitedly.

Denise smiles, even though she wishes he would have taken care of the TV first. "Mornin'," she replies.

AJ kisses her cheek. "Ok, how did the television get louder?"

Kevin walks into the kitchen from the deck and looks at AJ. "What in the hell?" he mouths since there's no way of being heard over the noise.

AJ shrugs, not having a clue. "Just got up," he mouths back.

Krissy runs into the kitchen and clings to AJ's leg, her ears ringing with pain.

AJ leans down to pick her up and covers her ears.

Kevin heads into the living room and immediately turns off the TV.

Ashlynn stumbles, as she stops mid jump. She looks up at him, not at all amused. He'd turned Brian off.

Kevin reaches back and grabs the Chapter One DVD. "If you want to watch the videos, I'll put this in, but you've got to keep the volume down. It hurts other people's ears when it's up too loud," he says patiently.

Ashlynn sighs and throws the remote across the room, so that it lands on the couch. She reaches for the DVD.

AJ kisses Krissy's head. "You okay, Honey?"

Kevin turns and puts the DVD in, setting the volume at a perfectly reasonable level. "Okay, there ya go, Birthday Girl," he says and goes over, kissing the top of her head.

Krissy nods. "Yeah.

Ashlynn smiles and runs to stand directly in front of the TV. She giggles again when Brian appears on the screen once more.

"Wanna go watch TV again?" AJ asks softly. "I think Daddy turned it down."

Ashlynn defiantly cranks the TV up a bit louder again.

Krissy nods to Daddy.

AJ sets Krissy down again. "There yah go Pumpkin."

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, that's loud enough," he warns. "I can still call everyone and cancel your party," he warns. "We'll just have cake as a family if you can't behave."

Ashlynn scowls and plops down on the floor to sit quietly. She wanted Brian.

AJ hands Krissy two packages of pop-tarts. "Here. Go give a pack to Ashlynn."

Krissy nods and scurries into the living room. "Here, sissy," She said giving a pack to Ashlynn.

Kevin went into the kitchen. "This is going to be touch and go."

Ashlynn smiles at her and takes the pack she'd been handed. She opens it and munches silently, eyes glued to the screen.

Denise nodded as she started to ice the cake. "She's definitely got a little attitude this morning."

AJ just looks at them both confused. "I'm lost. What did I miss by getting up late and coming in here first?"

Denise smirks. "So much, but there just aren't enough days left in your life to explain all that you've missed," she teases.

"Hey!" AJ pouts.

Kevin chuckles. "She'd turned the surround sound on and all the way up," he explains.

"So that's why it was so loud!" AJ says.

Denise gives him a lick of frosting from the spoon. "And she stuck her tongue out at me."

AJ takes the spoon and licks it, looking like a mere child himself. "Yummy!"

Kevin frowns. "Mom, don't let that stuff slide. If you'd call Krissy on it, call Ashlynn," he pleads.

AJ nods, then tries to get more icing using his spoon.

Ashlynn finishes her pop-tarts and tosses the empty package aside.

She then gets up and drags Krissy along with her, to the Backstreet room. She didn't know they weren't allowed inside alone, so she headed in again, taking Krissy with her.

Denise slaps at his hand. "You've had enough. Go get Krissy dressed," she orders.

AJ pouts. "Meanie!" He says, tossing the spoon into the sink.

Krissy immediately tries to back out. "No, Ashlynn," she says quietly, not wanting to be caught in there. "We gotta get Daddy fer this room," she says to Ashlynn.

Denise nods. "Well on your birthday you can make yourself sick, but that's several months away so scoot."

Ashlynn shakes her head no. She hadn't needed Daddy the last time she'd gone in there. She closes the door behind them, and drags Krissy over to the awards shelf.

AJ sticks his tongue out at her, then smirks. "Haha..." He sticks it out again, then starts to leave the room to find Krissy.

Ashlynn eyes the award as if in a trance, and carefully picks it up to get a better look at it.

"KRISSY!" AJ calls.

Krissy can't believe what Ashlynn's doing and then hears her name.

"Daddy's comin'!" she whispers trying to get Ashlynn to leave.

Kevin goes back outside to finish the decorations.

"Krissy? Ashlynn?" AJ calls, seeing neither girl in the living room, though the TV's still blaring. "Where are you? C'mon! It's time to get dressed!"

Ashlynn holds the award out to Krissy...

Krissy shakes her head. "No!" She whispers urgently and starts backing towards the door.

If Ashlynn wants to get in trouble, that is not Krissy's problem.

AJ thinks he hears someone in the Backstreet room and frowns. He enters. "Girls? What are you doing in here?" He spots Ashlynn. "Put that down!" He says sternly.

Ashlynn almost drops it, as he'd startled her, but she manages to catch it and sets it back in its place.

Krissy covers her eyes, afraid of what's going to happen next.

Since she's never had siblings it doesn't occur to her to tattle on Ashlynn and say that Ashlynn made her go in there.

"Why are you in here?" AJ demands angrily. "Kristine! You know not to go in here!" He eyes Ashlynn. "And you do not pick things up that aren't yours!"

Ashlynn shrugs slightly. She'd put it back when told, so what was the big deal?

Krissy flinches and tries not to cry. "I'm sorry," she says softly.

AJ grabs Krissy's arm lightly, and slaps her bottom. "Get upstairs and start getting dressed!"

Ashlynn tackles him then, upset that he'd hit Krissy.

Krissy starts to cry softly and runs upstairs to her room.

AJ grabs hold of Ashlynn, and pins her hands together in front of her. He bends her over slightly as he removes her pajama bottoms. He leaves her underwear up, as he starts to spank her. "You do not attack me, Young Lady! Your birthday or not, it will not be tolerated!"

Ashlynn lets out a shriek as her bottom is spanked. She'd never had this Daddy spank her before.

AJ smacks her bottom hard a few more times, then drags her out to the steps and sits her upon the bottom one. "Now, you will sit here until told otherwise or I'll tell Daddy to cancel your party."

Krissy's upstairs getting dressed as best she can but she's upset and confused and doesn't know how to deal with what's happened. She doesn't feel like she'd been naughty, but Daddy spanked her so she must have been naughty. Right?

She's naked from head to toe and fumbling with her socks and panties when Daddy comes in.

AJ goes upstairs to check on Krissy. "Baby, why were you in that room?" He asks softly.

Ashlynn wails as she sits there, seeing as she'd dropped Sammy when trying to defend Krissy.

Krissy looks up, tears still streaming down her face. "Cause Ashlynn took me there," she answers missing the leg hole of her panties and falling forward in a tangled mess.

Kevin finishes and comes inside only to hear crying. "Isn't it a little early for that?" he asks Denise as he walks through the kitchen and comes across Ashlynn on the stairs. "Ashlynn? What's wrong?" he asks picking her up.

AJ scoops her up. "Aww, Honey. Why didn't you tell Daddy that? Daddy wouldn't have spanked you, had he known Ashlynn took you there." He kisses her head and rubs her back.

Ashlynn cries still, now scared she was going to be in trouble for being picked up. But, she did still want Sammy.

Krissy shrugs. "That allowed?" She asks very confused. "It not nice to get sissy in trouble," She explains

Kevin looks down at her and then gives her a hug. "Where's Sammy, baby?" he asks noticing his absence.

"Baby, if you didn't do something, and are going to be blamed, then you're allowed to tell on Sissy," AJ tells her softly. "It's not fair to you, to get in trouble when Ashlynn's made you do something you don't want to."

Ashlynn whimpers and points back to the Backstreet room, where her friend had been dropped.

AJ helps Krissy get her panties on properly.

Kevin nods and goes back to the room. He stoops to the ground so Ashlynn can reach Sammy.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she agrees wiping her face with the back of her hand.

Ashlynn grabs Sammy up, hugging him tightly.

Kevin straightens up and rubs her back. "Better?" he asks.

AJ kisses her face endlessly. "Shh...Let's get you dressed, Baby."

Ashlynn nods. She felt a bit better now.

Krissy goes over to her dresser and picks out a green t-shirt with Boo from Monsters Inc on it and a pair of jeans. "Help me please?" she asks taking them to Daddy.

Kevin smiles and rubs Ashlynn's back. He looks around and notices that a picture of Brian is gone. "Ashlynn? Did you get the picture of Brian from this room?" he asks her gently.

AJ smiles. "Sure Pumpkin." He gets her dressed and her hair up in dog-ears. He scoops her up and heads downstairs, noticing Ashlynn's not where he'd stuck her.

Ashlynn nods, hiding her face into his shirt.

Kevin nodded. "Did you come in here again this morning?" He asked trying to put all the pieces together.

Ashlynn nods and points to the award she'd picked up. It was now sitting at a different angle.

"Ashlynn!" AJ calls, wanting to know where she'd disappeared too.

"We're in here!" Kevin called.

Kevin went over to the award and put it back the way it should be. "Did you and Daddy AJ have a talk about touching the things in here?" he asked Ashlynn.

Ashlynn shakes her head no. They hadn't talked - he'd yelled.

AJ enters then. "You're lucky," he says. "I thought you'd gotten up on your own."

Kevin nods, understanding now. Of course Krissy had obviously be crying and he didn't understand that.

Ashlynn glares angrily at AJ. She was still mad that he'd hit Krissy.

Kevin motions around the room. "Ashlynn, this is Daddy and my special room," he explains. "The things in here are as important to us as Sammy is to you. Do you understand?"

Ashlynn looks back at Kevin nodding. She understood.

Kevin smiles at her, trying to be reassuring. "Now, I'm sorry we didn't get to have a good tour of the house yet this week. I would have explained that to you before you took the picture of Brian, but now that you know how important it is, will you give it back? I can get you an even better picture, maybe one of you with him at your party today, but I'd really like to have the one that goes in this room back."

Honestly, Kevin didn't care that much about the picture, but there was a principle at stake here.

Ashlynn sighs heavily, midst a pout, but nods slightly. She'd give it back - long as she got a new one.

AJ leaves with Krissy then, to go wrap one last birthday gift.

Ashlynn lays her head upon his shoulder.

Kevin holds her and heads out of the room. "How about we go get dressed?"

Krissy kisses AJ's cheek and then giggles.

Ashlynn nods. She wanted to look pretty today, but be able to have fun.

Kevin takes Ashlynn upstairs to her room and plops her on her bed playfully. "What color?" he asks.

The doorbell rings. "Uh-oh! Early arrivers!" AJ says, tickling Krissy. "I GOT IT!" He yells, going to get the door. He steps outside, then leads the first guests out back to set up a place for the presents.

"Purple!” Ashlynn answers louder than usual.

Kevin looks surprised at the noise but smiles. "Purple it is," he agrees.

Ashlynn smiles back at him. She runs over to her dresser to find some purple panties and purple socks.

The Carters, Nick, wife Becky, and baby Evin, follow AJ through the house.

"Kev's just getting the lil' imp dressed," AJ tells them. "But we can wait for them outside and get things set up for gifts. She's gonna freak when she sees you Nick, but even more so when Brian arrives."

Ashlynn sticks the panties on her head and the socks on her hands. She giggles, as she climbs up onto her bed to jump upon it.

Nick just laughs. "She doesn't get that Brian's not so cute an adorable anymore!"

Kevin shakes his head. "C'mon, cutie. I heard people downstairs. We don't want to keep the guests waiting."

AJ shrugs. "I don't think she's seen any recent photos of him."

Krissy sits next to Becky making faces at the baby.

Ashlynn's eyes light up, thinking Brian has arrived and that she was missing out on him.

Becky smiles. "Maybe she'll fall in love with Baylee," she suggests

"That'd be cute," AJ chuckles. "If he can get her to talk to him and be nice."

Ashlynn bounces over to Daddy and plops down in front of him.

Daddy starts to get Ashlynn dressed. "At least you're full of energy. Now will you try to talk today?" he asks almost begging. "Even Brian doesn't know sign language."

Nick looks confused. "Be nice? She's not nice?"

Ashlynn shrugs. She might try and she might not.

"Oh, she's cute and everything," AJ says. "But if you tick her off, Look out!"

Nick frowns. "Sure you want a volatile kid like that around Krissy?" he asks softly so Krissy can't hear.

Kevin shrugs. "Guess that's the best I'm gonna get," he says. "But no more sticking out tongues. And if I hear one naughty word or see one middle finger, everyone's going home and you'll spend the rest of the day in here. Are we clear?"

"Thing is, she likes Krissy," AJ says shrugging. "Sure, she's already hurt Krissy once, but since then she's been trying to stick up for Krissy, when Krissy is in trouble."

Ashlynn nods, to show she understood. She did not want to lose her party! Not now that it had started.

Nick looks confused. "Hurt her?"

Becky glances over at the five year old, trying to figure out if it's something noticeable.

"Ashlynn was throwing a tantrum at Mom's, and hit Krissy in the head when Krissy got too close," AJ answers. Sure, he was incriminating his own daughter, but, hey, she was naughty mostly.

Kevin puts Ashlynn's hair in a pretty braid and then puts flowers in it again. "There, what do you think?" he asks giving her the mirror.

Ashlynn nods as she grins. She jumps up and twirls about, then quickly grabs Sammy up remembering him.

Nick's mouth opened a little in surprised. "Well good thing you guys are your own bosses so you can take time off when you need to."

Kevin smiled and offered his hand. "Ready to go see who's here?"

"Yah, good thing," AJ agrees. "She threw a fit at school and had to be brought home the first day she went. She's been giving the teacher a hard time since, but makes sure it's not anything that'll get her spanked."

Ashlynn grabs his hand and tries to drag him on out of the room.

Kevin laughs and follows along dutifully.

Nick nodded. "At least you know she's smart," he points out.

Ashlynn drags him out to the backyard, excited.

"She can't read or write and doesn't know her letters," AJ states. "She's way behind."

Denise comes into the backyard bring snacks. "And I know Kevin put sodas and juice in the cooler," she said.

"That can be fixed with time," Becky said.

Nick looks up as Kevin brings Ashlynn out.

AJ nods. "Thanks Momma." He looks to Becky. "She's not willing to try."

Ashlynn looks about excitedly, though her excitement dimmers some, when she doesn't see Brian. She spots Nick and hides behind Kevin quietly.

Kevin smiled. "Now you're shy," he says shaking his head. "Ashlynn, this is Nick and Becky and their son Evin," he says gently picking her up so at least she's not behind him.

"I like Baby Evin," Krissy pipes up.

Ashlynn lays her head upon his shoulder quietly, hugging Sammy to her chest.

"Hello, Ashlynn," Becky says sweetly.

AJ kisses Krissy's head. "We can see that, Honey."

Nick smiles and waves. "Happy Birthday."

Ashlynn gives her a small wave.

Ashlynn smiles softly at Nick and waves again.

Kevin just smiles. "Would you and Krissy like to go play on the swing?" he asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn nods, and squirms down. She grabs hold of Krissy and drags her over to the swings to play - and wait for Brian.

"Did I forget to mention, she doesn't talk?" AJ says, a bit sarcastically.

Krissy stumbles awkwardly after Ashlynn, just like she always does when Ashlynn drags her along.

Becky nods. "I noticed," she says. "Is she mute?"

Kevin shakes his head. "Just doesn't like to talk."

Ashlynn lets go of Krissy once they've reached the swings. She sets Sammy next to her on the ground and starts to swing.

"She's a stubborn lil' imp," AJ says. "Mostly listens to Kevin over me. But I've spent more time with Krissy."

More guests arrive then and come around back.

Krissy gets on the swing and starts to pump. "Why did you grab daddy in the award room?" she asks Ashlynn.

"He hurt you," Ashlynn answers simply.

BRIAN!!!!! (B-day Party Con't) by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Here's more. Hehe. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Same as before. I own Ashlynn, Shelley owns the wives, & all the other kids. BSB own themselves. Thank-you.

Brian, Samantha, Baylee (8), Ben (5), Jamie (5), and Grace (2) come into the yard followed by Howie (who still isn't married ‘cause he won't admit he's gay)

AJ looks up when he hears more people enter the yard. "Hey gang!"

Krissy jumps off her swing and races to Jamie. "Jamie!" she yells with a smile.

Jamie races forward and hugs Krissy.

Brian and Howie wave as Samantha walks slowly behind with the toddler.

Ashlynn looks over, her eyes going huge upon spotting Brian. She was in completely and total awe, as she stared across the yard at the man she'd wanted to meet since forever.

AJ goes over and scoops Grace up, tickling her. "Hey Squirt!" He blows raspberries on her tummy.

Grace giggles and squirms.

Kevin beckons for Ashlynn to come over to him. "Ashlynn, c'mere, honey!"

AJ laughs.

Krissy and Jamie make a beeline for the swing set and take turns pushing each other.

Ashlynn gets over her initial shock, then lets out a delighted squeal. "BRIAN!" She shrieks, never having had sounded happier in her life. She runs for him, instead of Kevin.

AJ just about drops Grace from shock. He hadn't expected Ashlynn to actually say, more or less scream Brian's name.

Brian looked surprised too, but smiled and opened his arms. He'd gotten used to giving relatively strange people hugs over the years. More kids since he started working as a youth music director for his church.

Krissy and Jamie giggle thinking Ashlynn was acting weird. After all, to them, it was just Jamie's daddy. What's the big deal?

Ashlynn hugs him tightly, having had forgotten Sammy over by the swings in her state of excitement. She'd never felt as happy as she did right then. The man she was hugging was her Idol.

AJ sits back down now, Grace in his lap. "So...now what we gonna do? Everybody's here."

Howie, holding his three-year-old daughter Caroline, sat down next to Becky in a lawn chair.

Ashlynn still clings tightly to Brian.

Brian smiled at Ashlynn. "So I hear it's your birthday," he said.

Ashlynn looks up at him, smiling as she nods.

Sammy still sits all alone over by the swings.

AJ bounces Grace on his knees.

Brian smiles. "Well happy birthday! Did you tell your Gramma what kind of cake to make?"

Ashlynn shakes her head no. She hadn't wanted to talk to her Gramma when she'd been asked.

Brian looks surprised. "Then how do we know it isn't spinach cake?!" He asks worriedly. "We'd better go test it."

Ashlynn nods her head eagerly. She'd test the cake, though she did like spinach.

"I think we'd best have something healthy to eat first," AJ pipes up. "Can't just eat cake."

Brian frowns. "You know, you're younger than me. You shouldn't be more mature."

Nick laughs. "Does that mean I can go play video games?" he asks hopefully.

"No!" AJ says. "Not your birthday Nicky."

Kevin stands in the doorway, his broad shoulders barricading the opening. "No one over the age of 8 gets to act immature," he declares in a deep, authoritative voice.

Ashlynn giggles, still not realizing she's left Sammy alone.

AJ rolls his eyes. "Like that's not immature, Kev."

"Can we start the party?" AJ says. "I mean, we've got hungry kids, who are just standing about like bumps on a log."

Kevin nods. "All right, but stay away from the cake, B," he says.

Baylee and Ben start playing catch with a ball and their mitts that they brought with. Sam didn't expect them to get too eager about a little girl's birthday party.

Ashlynn sees Baylee, and smiles even more. Finally! Somebody her age!

Kevin lets everyone into the kitchen where a buffet has been set up, complete with hot dogs, burgers, chips, potato salad.

AJ takes Grace around, getting her a few small things to munch on.

Sam, knowing AJ had Grace walks over to the edge of the deck. "Jamie! Krissy! C'mon, girls! Time to eat!"

Ashlynn spots Sammy over by the tree, and immediately lets go of Brian to go and rescue her friend. She scoops her bear up and sits upon a swing to watch Baylee.

AJ steals Caroline from Howie, and disappears to the living room to sit with the toddlers. He was a big kid at heart, where toddlers were concerned.

Baylee smiles at Ashlynn. "Hi, he says a little shy but looking almost exactly like Brian.

Ashlynn smiles back just as shy. "Hi..."

Kevin helps Krissy get a plate while Sam helps Jamie and then she fixes a plate for Ben and Baylee.

Ashlynn still swings quietly.

Once Krissy's settled on the deck with Jamie, Kevin gets a plate and goes over to Ashlynn and the boys with Sam. "Here you go, Ashlynn," he says kissing the top of her head.

"C'mon, guys, put the ball away and eat," Sam says giving each a plate and then returning to the adults on the deck with Kevin.

Ashlynn gives him a smile and eats her hot dog, setting Sammy down at her feet again.

Baylee looks at Ben wondering what he should say. Ashlynn didn't say anything back.

"Happy Birthday," Baylee finally says. That was polite.

Ben nodded. "What'd ya ask for?" he asks enthusiastically.

Ashlynn grins at him. She sets her plate down and goes over to him. She kisses his cheek, then grabs his hand to drag him back over to the swings.

She smiles at Ben, and waits until the adults have left. "Brian," she says softly.

AJ's eating and exciting the toddlers.

He'd dragged Nick into the living room with him as well.

Nick laughs. "If you like toddlers so much why don't you and Kev get another baby?" he asks. "I mean Krissy's from Kevin. Why don't you get another surrogate mother and get another one, but make it from you?" he asks.

Baylee looks confused. "You asked for Dad?"

"Hmm...Don't think we ever thought about it," AJ shrugs. "And we did just get Ashlynn and all."

Ashlynn nods. "Uh-huh."

She takes another bite out of her hotdog.

"I don't think we can handle another child at the moment," AJ tells Nick. "Not after bringing Ashlynn home. You're lucky - you're seeing the sweet innocent side of her. Kev must've threatened her."

Nick nods. "At least you two have your discipline methods already established," he points out.

"True," AJ agrees. "But Kev does most of it...Well, Ashlynn's anyway."

Baylee's confusion increases. "Why? He's a dad? I mean, he makes ya do homework and eat vegetables and take baths and go to bed," he says listing all the things he hated about parents.

"He's cute!" Ashlynn argues. "He's a Backstreet Boy! I watched 'em on TV this mornin'!"

Becky rolls her eyes from her spot next to Nick. "Oh please. You can't tell me Krissy's ever in trouble. She and Jamie are two of the most polite little girls I've ever seen!"

"Oh, believe me, Krissy has her moments," AJ says. "But no one can be as bad as Ashlynn."

Baylee just shrugs. "But they don't do shows anymore. Now Dad works at a church."

Sam nods. "And Jamie is no angel. She has plenty of Brian in her."

Ashlynn frowns. "Didn't know that..."

AJ laughs. "Poor kid!"

She'd thought they still toured and stuffed, and had wanted to go with them. She pushes her hotdog around on her plate dejectedly.

"Want more kids?" AJ asks. "You can have the Birthday Girl."

Baylee frowns. "Sorry," he says quietly.

"I didn't mean to make you sad or anything," he adds. "I just didn't understand why you'd want my dad for your birthday."

"Was told they toured still," Ashlynn says softly.

Baylee looked even more confused. "By who?"

"Some girl I used to know," Ashlynn says quietly, trying not to cry. "Bets he don't even sing no more!" She cries, dropping her plate and running to sit and hide behind a tree with Sammy.

Kevin had been watching from the deck where he was talking with Brian, Denise, and Howie.

He stood up and Brian turned to see what had gotten his attention. Kevin walked over to Baylee and Ben. "What happened?" he asked.

Ashlynn curls up behind a tree crying into Sammy.

Baylee shrugged. "I explained that you don't do shows anymore," he answered honestly.

AJ's still bugging Sam, Becky, and Nick about taking more kids.

Nick laughs. "Not till he's potty trained," he says nodding towards Evin.

Sam shakes her head. "Four is plenty," she says.

AJ laughs as well. "Well, Ashlynn's potty-trained."

Kevin nods. "I see." He goes over to the tree and sits down next to Ashlynn. "Baby? What's wrong?" he asks with concern.

Ashlynn turns away from him angrily. "He don't sings!"

Kevin looks confused. "Brian?"

Ashlynn nods. "No stage."

Kevin nods. "No, there's no stage stuff anymore," he agrees. "Because if we still went on tour we wouldn't get to be with our kids."

Ashlynn scowls. "Wan' him sing!"

AJ tickles Grace, then Caroline. "Lil' Ankle-Biters."

Sam smacks him upside the back of the head. "My baby isn't an ankle-biter!"

Kevin scoops Ashlynn up and puts her in his lap. "He sings at his church."

"Ow!" AJ exclaims, rubbing his head. "She's a cute ankle-biter!"

Ashlynn shakes her head. That wasn't the same as singing and dancing onstage. "Wan' him dance!"

Nick just laughs while he plays with Evin, Grace, and Caroline too."

AJ throws a pillow at Nick's head. "Shaddup Carter."

Kevin kisses the side of her head. "What if we do a show for you today on your birthday? Would that make you feel better?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods, as she sniffles. She wanted to seem them sing and dance and do all those cool moves.

Kevin kisses her forehead. "Will you be okay playing with Baylee and the other kids for awhile? We have to go practice for a little bit if you want a show."

Ashlynn nods, gives him a kiss, then runs back over to where Baylee and Ben still sat. She threw her arms about Baylee in a hug.

Baylee was more than a little surprised but knew the polite thing to do would be hug her back so he did.

Ben just snickered and ran inside.

Ashlynn kisses Baylee's cheek again, like she had earlier. "They're gonna dance!" She tells him excitedly. “We gots to play a bit."

Kevin shakes his head. "Five year olds," he says shaking his head and then jogs into the house. "B., AJ, Howie, Nick let's hit the basement," he says opening the door to the basement steps.

Baylee had never been kissed by someone other than his mom, Leighanne, or his sister but he sort of didn't mind.

AJ looks up confused. "I'm sure you'll explain once you've captured us all," he says, handing Grace over to Sam.

Ashlynn grins at him happily. "Let's play!"

Nick looks confused. "Is it really fair to beat a basement?" he asks. "I mean it's already down!"

AJ whacks Nick upside the head. "Carter! Get your butt down there!"

Howie follows Nick and Brian after AJ down to the basement where Kevin's messing around in the sound room.

Brian's still working on a hotdog. "What exactly are we doing?" he asks.

"So...what's up Kev?" AJ asks.

Baylee nods. "What do you want to play?" he asks.

Kevin sets the speakers to filter into the big rec room.

Ashlynn drags Baylee over to a bush and sits down, so that they can hide behind it. "Secrets, Doctor, I dunno," Ashlynn shrugs.

AJ just watches him looking confused.

"Ashlynn thought we still went on tour. She really wants to see us dance and stuff and was crushed when Baylee explained we're boring old people now."

"So what?" AJ says. "He's right."

Baylee looks confused. "Secrets?" he asks.

"We tell each other secrets!" Ashlynn explains. "Duh!"

Brian looks offended. "Did he actually say boring old people? In those exact words?" he asks.

Kevin just rolls his eyes.

AJ laughs. "Rok! You worry too damned much."

Baylee shrugs. "But I don't have any secrets."

"Then let's play Doctor! Or dare!" Ashlynn says.

Kevin shakes his head as Backstreet's Back comes on. "This has the best choreography that doesn't require props," he decides.

Nick just laughs. "You realize how longs it's been since we did this?" he asks.

"Thank God for that," AJ mutters.

"Yeah! Nicky's rusty!"

Baylee looks a little intrigued. "Dare?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods. "Uh-huh. We dare each other to do things!"

Kevin just rolls his eyes. "Look guys, she's never had a real birthday party or anyone that cares enough to get her something nice."

"I'm not asking you to go back on tour, one short show. Please?"

AJ rolls his eyes. "Like I've much of a choice Kev."

Bailey smiles. That sounds like fun. "Okay, you go first."

Ashlynn thinks a moment. "I dare you...to stand on your head!"

Baylee laughs. "Okay," he says and does it the way his PE teacher showed him.

Ashlynn giggles watching him. "Your turn!"

Kevin goes out into the rec room and marks off a stage with duct tape

AJ laughs watching him. "Good thing we've a large rec room, huh?"

"Okay, from the top," he says using a remote in his pocket to make the song start from the beginning.

AJ just laughs and goes to his spot. "Luckily, I remember this."

Kevin just shakes his head and goes through the song with the rest of the guys.

"Dare me now!" Ashlynn says excitedly.

AJ stops dancing a moment. "Wait a minute...these are our kids...so no pelvic moves, right?"

Kevin nods. "Right!"

AJ groans. "Ma-an!"

Baylee tries to think. "Um...I dare you to get as high as Ben's head on the swing and then jump off," he says thinking that's pretty good.

Brian kicks him in the ass and then looks at Kevin. "So was that good enough?" he asks the perfectionist.

Ashlynn giggles and runs over to swing. She swings way higher than Ben's head, then jumps off. She giggles when she lands, then runs over to him. "I dare you to jump in the pool!"

"Ow!" AJ cries, rubbing his ass. "Holy-jerk!"

Baylee's about to comply but hesitates. "But I don't have any dry clothes," he says.

Kevin nods.

"Let's sing through Shape of My Heart and I Want it That Way."

"I got some! I stole Daddy's shirt!" Ashlynn says proudly. "Now jump!"

AJ nods. "Alrighty! Hit it Rok!"

Brian starts singing

Baylee looks confused. "You stole?" he asks.

AJ messes around a bit, trying to throw him off.

Brian kicks at him, un-phased.

"Outta the laundry!" Ashlynn says. "It's clean!"

"Hey! Watch the ass!" AJ yelps.

Baylee hesitates. "What about pants?" he asks.

Kevin separates both of them.

"Gots boxers!" Ashlynn grins.

AJ grumbles, and sneaks back a moment later to pester again.

Ashlynn moves closer to Baylee, prepared to shove him in if she has to.

Baylee sighs. "Alright," he agrees and kicks off his sneakers before jumping in the pool.

Krissy and Jamie and Ben are watching from nearby and their mouths drop open.

Ashlynn giggles, and shrieks playfully when she gets splashed. She hated water, but she'd seen it coming, so it hadn't been so bad.

Jamie stands up. "Baylee, you're in trouble!" she yells. "No swimming without a grown up! I'm gonna tell!"

"No you're not!" Ashlynn snaps.

Baylee scrambles out of the pool. "Jamie! No!" he exclaims.

But Jamie's already inside. "Mommy! Baylee went in the pool!"

Ashlynn grabs Baylee's hand and runs off for the front yard, knowing everyone will look for them in the back.

Sam turns around and sees Baylee dripping wet on the pool deck. Frankly she's shocked.

Baylee stumbles along behind Ashlynn, but as he's not as small as Krissy he can stop it. "Ashlynn, I'm already in trouble," he says as Samantha follows him, not looking happy.

Ashlynn huffs slightly, as she stops running. "Gonna beats her up...." She grumbles. She hugs Baylee tightly. "You're still gonna play with me, right?"

Baylee nods. "Yeah," he agrees. "But I don't want to get in double trouble."

"Sorry," Ashlynn says softly, still hugging him. "You're not gonna get spanked, are you?"

Samantha walks down the deck steps.

Baylee shrugs. "I dunno," he answers just as Samantha catches up to them. "So why were you in the pool?" she asks.

Baylee sighs. "We were playing a dare game," he explains.

Ashlynn looks ready to cry, scared she's gotten Baylee in trouble. She didn't know you weren't allowed in the pool. She hugs him tighter.

Sam nods. "So you're going to sit in wet jeans the rest of the day?" she asks.

Krissy runs downstairs and watches her Daddies.

Ashlynn still hugs Baylee, figuring she can protect him if she's latched on.

Baylee shrugs. "I guess," he answers softly. He was just trying to be polite and play with Ashlynn.

Ashlynn tugs on Baylee then, wanting him to follow. She had clothes for him.

But Baylee wasn't moving.

Sam turned to Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, do you have a pair of jeans Bailey could wear today?" she asked.

Ashlynn latches onto him again, once she sees he's not going to move yet.

Ashlynn nods.

Kevin looks up and smiles at Krissy. "What's up princess?" he asks.

AJ looks over as well.

"Ashlynn being nice?"

Krissy nods. "She and Baylee are playin'." She pauses. "In the pool."

"WHAT!?!?!" AJ exclaims knowing Ashlynn hates the water.

Ashlynn tries to drag Baylee off again.

"Alright, will you go get a pair of jeans, Ashlynn?" She asks and takes Baylee’s free hand, leading him back in through the back door.

Kevin races up the stairs with Brian on his heels.

Krissy ducks so she isn't stepped on. "Well, Ashlynn didn't get in, but Baylee did," she says to AJ.

Ashlynn starts to cry as Baylee is taken away from her. She hadn't meant to get him in trouble; she didn't even realize she was now drenched too, from hugging him.

"Krissy, why didn't you say that to begin with?" AJ asks, "Ashlynn can't swim; now Daddy's scared."

Kevin rushes out of the house, hurrying past Sam and Baylee.

Krissy shrugs. "I dunno," she answers. "Ashlynn got splashed. Me and Jamie saw it."

AJ takes Krissy upstairs, and heads for the yard. "Kev! Only Baylee went in!" He calls.

Kevin hurries to Ashlynn. "Are you alright?" he asks in a panic.

"BAYLEE!" Ashlynn screams.

Brian stops to talk to Sam and Baylee. "You're not allowed near the pool!" He exclaims.

Ashlynn goes to run after Baylee, wanting to save him from getting in trouble. She didn't like seeing others get hurt because of her.

AJ peers out into the yard, still holding Krissy. He sets her down. "Run along and play with Jamie, alright?"

Baylee looked at the floor. "It was a game," he says.

Brian shakes his head. "We'll talk about a punishment when we get home," he says.

Ashlynn runs into the house and quickly latches onto Baylee from behind.

"NO!" She shrieks, upon hearing Brian.

Baylee jumps in surprise.

Kevin comes in behind her and unlatches her from Baylee. "Ashlynn, calm down," he says. "You're all wet, let's go get you changed into dry clothes and then you can see us sing," he says hoping to get her mind on something happy.

Sam looks at AJ. "Could we borrow a towel and at least a clean t-shirt?" she asks.

Ashlynn automatically grabs Baylee's hand. She wanted to protect him, even if he was older than her. "Mine!" She says firmly.

AJ nods. "Yeah, sure." He disappears.

Ashlynn tries to drag him along with her. She was not leaving Baylee.

Baylee is so confused. "Um. It's okay, Ashlynn. I'm gonna get dried off too," he says thinking she's acting a lot like his sister does when she gets scared.

Ashlynn hugs him again. She refused to go anywhere without him with her.

AJ comes back with a towel and a shirt. "Here Sam."

Sam takes it with a smile. "Thanks."

Ashlynn's practically glued to Baylee.

Kevin decides to just make a decision and carefully pries Ashlynn's hand from Baylee's. "You'll see him in just a few minutes, honey," he assures her.

Before she can latch back on, he takes her upstairs to her room.

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, trying to get back to him. She was terrified he was going to get hurt in her absence.

She starts to cry all over again.

Sam hands Baylee the towel and t-shirt. "Go get dried off," she says a little tired.

AJ shrugs. "Not a clue what's with her."

Brian, Howie, and Nick all look worried, along with the ladies.

"She gets into tantrums easily," AJ says, as though he's ashamed. "We don't know why, but she freaks over little things."

Kevin holds Ashlynn and sits down on her bed. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" he asks. "Tell me."

"He gonna get hurt!" Ashlynn shrieks. "No hurt!"

Kevin shakes his head. "No, Ashlynn. He's just getting dry. He's not getting hurt."

Brian sighs. "Have you called a councilor?" he asks.

"Trouble," Ashlynn cries. "Got him in it."

AJ shakes his head. "No. She'll probably just scream bloody murder through that too..."

"Wan' him to stay," Ashlynn adds softly. She wanted to have a sleep-over.

Kevin shakes his head. "Sweetie, you didn't get him trouble. He knew the rules and he broke them," he says. "It's not your fault."

Ashlynn just cries. "He no wanna! Me!"

Brian shakes his head. "We'll definitely keep you in our prayers."

Kevin starts to get her undressed. "Sweetie, if he didn't want to, then he wouldn't have."

AJ nods. "We'll need 'em, Rok," he says. "She's more than a handful."

"He sleep-over?" Ashlynn whimpers. She wanted to keep him safe long as she could.

Kevin shrugs. "I don't know, honey. You'll have to ask Uncle Brian and Aunt Sam," he says helping her get into dry clothes.

Ashlynn clings to him once she's dressed again. She sniffles.

"Want a kid, Rok?" AJ asks almost serious.

Brian obviously starts thinking about it. "If you're really having that rough of a time..."

"Exchange her for a new one?" AJ finishes.

Sam slaps Brian. "Honey! I know your heart is huge, but we can’t handle her."

AJ snickers. "Pay-back's a..."

Nick shakes his head. "Have you thought about taking her back?" he asks.

Becky slaps Nick. "Nick! She needs a family, not the system!"

"You really think Kevin will?" AJ says, eyeing Nick. "Fat chance, pal."

Ashlynn drags Kevin back downstairs, wanting Baylee again.

Nick looks at his wife with irritation. "But it can't be good for Krissy to be around this all the time."

"She gets cranky...and jealous," AJ sighs.

Ashlynn quietly enters the hall, in search of her new friend.

Kevin comes down behind Ashlynn.

Ashlynn goes looking for Baylee. She wanted to get him, so they could watch the Boys sing.

Baylee emerges from the downstairs bathroom dressed in dry clothes and looking like he might have been crying a little.

Ashlynn goes over and hugs him, now worried. "Why you cry?"

AJ looks over at Kevin. "We gonna sing now?"

Baylee shrugs. "I'm okay," he answers, embarrassed.

Kevin nods. "If the birthday girl still wants us too.

Ashlynn kisses his cheek. "C'mon. They gonna sing!"

AJ rolls his eyes. "A million bucks says she does."

Baylee nods. "Okay," he agrees.

Kevin leads everyone down to the basement.

Ashlynn drags Baylee along with her, not letting him go for a second.

"Think someone likes someone," AJ whispers to Brian.

Brian takes a deep breath. "Well he'd better get a lot better at resisting peer pressure," he whispers back as he follows Nick and Howie behind Kevin.

"But she's cute!" AJ chuckles, still whispering to Brian. "Girls can make us boys do anything."

The women bring the little ones downstairs while Krissy, Jamie, and Ben get comfy in a few beanbag chairs.

Brian looks at AJ in disbelief. "Aren't *you* immune?" he asks.

"Shaddup!" AJ says, entering the room.

Kevin goes into the studio to set up the play list and then meets the rest of the guys on the makeshift stage.

Ashlynn sits next to Baylee, never letting go of his hand.

Baylee looks at his capture hand and smiles a little anxiously. He's not sure how he feels about this, but it's not killing him so there's no point to make a big deal about it.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, so this is Ashlynn's birthday concert," he says and then uses the remote to start Backstreet's Back.

AJ automatically starts singing, smiling even more when he sees Ashlynn's eyes light up.

Ashlynn rests her head on Baylee's shoulder.

The other four "boys" do their moves and sing their parts.

Ashlynn smiles throughout the whole show, loving every single moment of it. She's only clinging to Baylee, as she's forgotten Sammy outside.

The song ends and Shape of My Heart starts.

Ashlynn grins, and lip syncs along.

They get through I Want it That Way and then the show ends.

Everyone claps and smiles and Becky and Sam even whistle.

Ashlynn jumps up and runs over to hug Kevin. She was positively beaming!

Nick rolls his eyes and Brian blushes.

Kevin smiles and hugs her back. "Was that what you expected?" he asks.

AJ shrugs it off.

Ashlynn giggles as she nods.

Kevin smiles. "Why don't you say thank you to everyone else, too?" he whispers to her.

Ashlynn runs about hugging everybody, making sure to hug Brian last as well as the longest.

Brian chuckles. "You're welcome, Ashlynn," he says returning the hug.

Nick scoops up his son and throws him up in the air. "So what about the cake?" he asks.

Becky slaps him playfully in the arm.

Ashlynn runs back to Baylee, and whispers in his ear. "Cake! Tell 'em!"

Baylee looks confused but complies. "Yeah. Ashlynn wants cake too," he says.

Kevin nods. "Alright," he agrees. "Everyone back upstairs."

Ashlynn kisses his cheek, then drags Baylee upstairs.

AJ chuckles and heads up.

Ashlynn suddenly realizes she doesn't have Sammy. "Sammy!" She cries, and drags Baylee back outside. She looks about and spots her beloved friend sunken in the pool where she'd dropped him when trying to help Baylee.

Kevin follows them outside and looks into the pool to see Sammy drowned. "Oh, man. Ashlynn, honey, I'm sorry," he says getting the pool net and fishing the teddy bear out.

Ashlynn watches, looking mortified.

A.J. is getting everything ready for cake.

Baylee nods. "Yeah. I didn't mean to make you drop your bear," he says.

Ashlynn grabs her wet friend from Kevin, and hugs him tightly. She kisses his head, then sticks her tongue out at the pool.

"Cake time!" AJ calls.

Kevin looks annoyed. "It's not the pools fault," he tells her. "You're the one that dared Baylee to jump in," he reminds her gently.

Ashlynn huffs, then with Sammy still clutched to her chest, grabs Baylee's hand and heads back for the house.

Baylee looks at the bear warily. "Why don't you put him in the dryer?" he asks.

Ashlynn looks startled. "Dunno where..." She tells him softly.

AJ finds them. "Here, I'll put Sammy in the dryer. Go get seated for cake." He takes Sammy.

Ashlynn scowls slightly, but drags Baylee off to the kitchen.

Baylee stumbles along as usual, but doesn't complain since that wouldn't be polite.

Denise waits for AJ to get back and then brings in the cake.

Everyone starts singing Happy Birthday to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn watches the cake, waiting for it to be set down. Once it is she blows out the candles, having had made a wish.

AJ takes pictures.

Krissy claps.

Kevin claps too and starts to cut pieces for everyone.

Ashlynn waits impatiently for her slice.

"Who wants ice cream?" Denise asks

Ashlynn holds her corner piece up.

Everyone says yes at the same time and Denise just laughs.

Denise smiles and puts some ice cream on Ashlynn's plate.

Kevin whispers to Ashlynn. "Say thank you," he reminds her gently.

Ashlynn smiles and sets her cake down. She signs thank-you, knowing Gramma understands.

AJ stuffs his piece into his mouth.

Denise beams and signs you're welcome after putting the ice cream back.

Ashlynn quickly finishes her cake, then runs over to the counter and sets it in the sink. She then runs back to wait for presents.

AJ laughs, as he does the same as her.

Ashlynn reaches over and steals a small piece of Baylee's slice of cake, and stuffs it into her mouth.

Kevin shakes his head. "Ashlynn. That wasn't nice," he says with a frown.

Ashlynn looks sheepish, and slides out of her chair to kiss Baylee's cheek.

Baylee turns bright red. "It's okay," he says. "I can't eat it all."

Ashlynn smiles softly and climbs back up onto her seat. She looks at Gramma. "Presents?" She signs.

AJ waits until most everybody is done cake, then goes off to find the presents, dragging Brian with him.

Brian chuckles. "Think you guys got enough?" he asks.

AJ shrugs. "Ask Kevin. He did the shopping."

Kevin hands out small party favors to all the kids so that everyone, especially the toddlers, don't feel the need to 'help' Ashlynn.

AJ re-enters the kitchen and sets the pile of presents on the floor next to Ashlynn. He kisses her head as he sees her eyes go huge. She picks one up and grins.

Gifts! And Wandering A Lil' Too Far... (B-day Party Con't) by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
I'm doing this for a loyal fan, who has begged for an update. I owe her for helping me vote for America's Got Talent anyway. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I only own Ashlynn. BSB own themselves. Shelley owns everybody else. Thank-you!

Ashlynn grins and shakes the gift lightly.

Kevin smiles, holding up the video camera. "Open it, cutie."

Ashlynn giggles and opens it up. Her eyes go wide when she sees the prettiest Barbie she's ever seen in her life!

AJ chuckles softly.

Kevin smiles. "Hold it up," he prompts her knowing she's never done this before.

"It's pretty!" Krissy pipes up.

Baylee tries not to grimace. Barbies are so girly.

Ashlynn holds it up with a huge grin. She then sets it down and picks up the next gift. This one was from Baylee.

Baylee bites his lip. He hopes she likes the handheld Disney game inside.

Ashlynn opens it and squeals. She loved Disney games. She slides off her seat and moves the two steps she needs to take to reach him. She then throws her arms about him and hugs him tightly, as well as delivers a kiss to his cheek.

Baylee turns red for the umpteenth time today, but being ever polite and not sure if he likes the attention or not just returns the hug and smiles. "You're welcome."

All the adults chuckle while the smaller children make gagging noises.

Ashlynn smiles at him, then sits back down to open more. Soon, she's only three left.

AJ notices some of the children are getting antsy.

Kevin turns to the little ones for a moment. "Everybody wave and say Happy Birthday, Ashlynn!" he prompts.

Krissy and her friends wave and repeat him with enthusiasm, now that someone is showing them attention.

Ashlynn giggles, and opens the last three quickly. She beams at everyone once they're open, then slides off her seat again. She leans in to whisper to Baylee. "Tell 'em I'll be right back," she whispers softly. She kisses his cheek again, then runs out of the room to go and fetch something.

AJ looks confused. "Where's she going?"

Kevin shrugs.

"She said she'll be right back," Baylee says, relaying the message.

AJ nods. "Probably just had to pee."

Ashlynn returns moments later, with a gift of her own this time, in her hands. She goes over to Krissy and gives it to her - it was the Barbie she'd been hiding since Daddy had bought it for her to give Krissy. Attached to it was a card that read - in messy writing - "Kricee. Luv, Ashlynn."

Krissy looks at the gift and smiles. "Tank you, Ashlynn," she says.

Kevin moves over so he and the video can see. "That was very nice of you Ashlynn," he says beaming. She'd made so much progress in a week!

Ashlynn smiles and goes back to her seat to sit next to Baylee again. She waits impatiently for Krissy to open it.

"Well, whatcha get, Baby?" AJ asks.

Krissy opens the present and grins broadly. "A Barbie for me!" she squeals with delight.

Ashlynn giggles shyly. She'd hoped Krissy would like it - though she wasn't sure on her spelling and such.

AJ smiles. "That was very nice of you Ashlynn."

AJ cleans up some of the wrapping paper.

Krissy runs over and gives Ashlynn a hug.

Ashlynn smiles and hugs Krissy back.

"Wanna know how to write my name?" she asks.

Ashlynn blushes furiously. She was afraid she'd spelled it wrong.

Kevin looks at the card. "You were awfully close, Ashlynn," he says proudly.

Ashlynn sighs.

Krissy gets a pencil and piece of memo paper from the phone table.

Then she climbs up next to Ashlynn. "See? K - R - I- S - S - Y!"

Krissy's writing isn't better than Ashlynn's, though.

Ashlynn looks sheepishly at the piece of paper Krissy held - she felt embarrassed that her little sister could spell, and she couldn't.

AJ chuckles. "Not everybody can spell everything," he says softly.

Kevin shakes his head. "And Krissy knows how to spell her name because it's her name. Just like you can spell Ashlynn."

Ashlynn nods, her face still beet red. She slides off her chair again, and lightly tugs on Baylee's arm, trying to get him to leave with her.

Baylee shrugs and follows her.

Krissy goes back to her friends as the adults begin to talk amongst themselves.

AJ sighs, shaking his head.

Kevin shakes his head at AJ. "Maybe Baylee will help Ashlynn see that school isn't so bad," he suggests.

Ashlynn drags Baylee outside and back to the swing set. Once there, she smiles at him again. "Wanna play dare again?" She asks softly. "No more pool."

"I hope so," AJ says. "At this rate, she'll never learn a thing."

Baylee shakes his head. "Not really. My dad said no more of that game today."

"Oh..." Ashlynn says sadly. "Okay..." She thinks a moment. "Wanna play follow the leader?"

Baylee smiles. "Sure!" he agrees. "You wanna lead?"

"Yeah!" Ashlynn nods. She jumps up and starts leading him all around the outside of the house. They're soon in the driveway, and she's doing cartwheels. Once done the cartwheels, she heads for the front gate and squeezes through the bars on it and skips along the sidewalk outside of it.

Baylee didn't live in a gated house. Brian was rarely the object of obsessive fans these days so he doesn't see any harm in following her.

"Where're we going?" he asks as he mimics her every move.

Ashlynn shrugs. "For a walk, I guess." She skips down the sidewalk until she reaches the road.

AJ glances out the kitchen window. "Uh...does anybody know were Frick and Frackette disappeared to?"

Baylee skips behind her. "Isn't this a skip?" he asks with a grin that makes him look even more like his father.

Ashlynn giggles. "Maybe!" She grins. She skips into the road, not knowing you're supposed to cross with an adult or at least look first.

Nick laughs. "And it's not my daughter," he says victoriously.

AJ whacks Nick upside the head for that.

Baylee on the other hand stops. "Ashlynn, I'm not allowed to cross streets without adult."

"Whoops!" Ashlynn says, and skips back onto the sidewalk, starting to go around the block a teeny bit.

Kevin looks through some of the other windows and then checks out front. "I dunno... " He says perplexed. "Maybe the garage?" he wonders aloud and opens the door to the garage. "Nope."

AJ starts to look too. "Where could they've gone?"

Brian looks at AJ and Kevin worried.

Baylee still won't follow. "Um...maybe we should go back and ask if we can go around," he suggests knowing that he's supposed to stay within sight of his house in his own neighborhood unless he's asked beforehand.

Ashlynn shrugs. "Kay." She skips back down and passes the house, though still on the same street.

This is okay with Baylee so he follows her happily.

Kevin sticks his head outside the front door just in time to see Baylee's head disappear beyond their privacy hedge. "They’re on the other side of the hedge," he tells AJ and Brian.

Ashlynn reaches the other end of the street, and stops again. This time though, she gives him another kiss. "You're gonna be my best friend - after Sammy!" She tells him.

"What are they doing outside the gate?" AJ says.

Baylee grins. "Okay," he agrees, though he doesn't say it back. He's got a best friend at school and isn't sure if you can have two.

Kevin shrugs. "I don't know. I didn't get the memo, but they haven't crossed the street from what I can tell."

Brian shakes his head. "Baylee wouldn't," he says confidently.

Kevin jogs down to the end of the driveway and opens the gate. He looks down to the end of the street where Ashlynn and Baylee are standing. "Hey guys! Come on back!" he calls waving them back.

Ashlynn, not hearing Kevin, finds a ball then, and starts to kick it about. It rolls out into the street and she quickly follows it - again not looking for cars.

Kevin's heart stops. "Ashlynn, come back to the sidewalk!" he calls sprinting down to her as fast as he can.

Baylee hasn't left the curb.

Ashlynn scoops up the ball and looks up just in time to see a car coming straight for her. She stares at it shocked a moment, then goes to move, but drops the ball again. She grabs the ball, and looks up once more still wide-eyed.

AJ's come outside to see what's taking so long.

He freezes to his spot when he sees Ashlynn standing in the road.

Kevin reaches the curb and runs towards Ashlynn, scooping her up and continuing to the other side of the street.

The car speeds on by, as Ashlynn looks up at Kevin in shock.

AJ breathes a huge sigh of relief.

Kevin holds her tight and then sets her down, making sure she wasn't hurt. "What were you doing in the street?" he asks her worriedly. "That's dangerous, Ashlynn!"

Ashlynn looks worried, as she shows him the ball she'd found. She'd only gone to rescue it.

AJ's muttering curses through his teeth.

Kevin hugs her again. "Didn't you look to see if a car was coming?" he asked.

Ashlynn looks at him confused. She didn't know you were supposed to look. She shrugs slightly, though she looks sheepish.

"I'd blister her frigin' backside," AJ mutters. "Scare the shit outta us like that...damned kid...."

Kevin takes a deep breath. "No one has ever told you *not* to go in the street or to look for cars before crossing?" he asks

Ashlynn shakes her head no. She always ran out into the street - always.

Kevin swallows. "Okay, well then Daddy's here to teach you how to be safe. That means that you don't go into the street without a grown up," he says. "Do you understand me?"

Ashlynn nods yes. She wasn't sure if it was lying or not, to say no, when Baylee had told her he wasn't allowed to go without an adult.

Kevin takes her hand and turns back to cross the street. "Now, when you do have a grown up, always look both ways and make sure no cars are coming," he tells her. "Can you do that?"

Ashlynn nods and looks to make sure there's no cars.

AJ grumbles and heads back inside, still looking quite pissed off.

Brian looks confused at AJ. "What?" he asks.

Kevin nods. "Any cars?" he asks.

"Guess who was out playing in the road," AJ snaps slightly.

Ashlynn shakes her head no.

Brian immediately looks worried. "Baylee knows better," he says.

Kevin nods. "Then it's safe to cross," he says and returns to Baylee who's waiting.

Baylee looks at Ashlynn with concern. "You okay?" he asks.

"Your son has a brain. It was the child without a damned brain who was in the road," AJ answers.

Ashlynn smiles at him, to answer his question.

Baylee smiles in relief.

"Come on, you two," Kevin says to them as he ushers them back to the house.

Brian breathes a sigh of relief.

Ashlynn goes along quietly, not sure if they're in trouble or not.

"Yeah, lucky you," AJ says. "I'm ready to blister someone's behind."

Nick pipes up. "Maybe we'd better take off. Little Man's getting pretty tired."

"Thanks for coming," AJ says. He's pacing angrily.

Ashlynn looks at Baylee worriedly.

Nick nods and claps him on the shoulder. "Patience, dude. Adopting a child isn't easy and no one said it would be."

Becky gives AJ a hug.

AJ returns Becky's hug, then resumes pacing. "I'm losing patience with her. She knows shit - might as well be a damned toddler - hell, even toddlers know more."

Baylee smiles at her.

Ashlynn returns his smile and takes hold of his hand.

Howie approaches carrying a sleeping Caroline. "Then you get to teach her."

"How not to sit," AJ snaps. He sighs heavily. "Sorry D."

Howie shakes his head. "It's understandable," he says. "But remember that at best she knows nothing and at worst she's been taught completely the wrong thing."

Kevin ushers the two children into the house. "We're back!" he calls.

"You're probably right, D," AJ says, giving him a small smile. "But it's still so frustrating."

Ashlynn drops her newfound ball in the hallway, and drags Baylee off to the living room.

Brian intercepts them. "Don't get into anything new, Baylee. We're getting ready to go," he explains, but he's smiling.

Ashlynn looks upset She leans to whisper into Baylee's ear again. "Wan' you to stay."

AJ escorts Howie and Caroline out, making sure Caroline gets a party bag.

Baylee looks from Ashlynn to Brian. "Um...Ashlynn wants me to stay, Dad," he tells Brian.

Ashlynn nods.

Brian looks at Kevin.

AJ's re-enters and goes back to pacing.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn. "For how long?" he asks.

Ashlynn hugs Baylee, and whispers to him. "Always."

AJ's still grumbling quietly.

Kevin looks over at AJ.

Baylee chuckles. "I know I can't stay forever."

Ashlynn frowns. "Tonight?" She asks him quietly.

AJ looks at Kevin, shakes his head, and stalks off muttering. "Had my way, she'd be in corner right now."

Baylee looks up at Kevin and Brian. "Tonight," he tells them.

Ashlynn nods again, still clinging to Baylee.

Brian shakes his head immediately. "Not tonight, guys," he answers. "Bailey has to go to church in the morning."

Kevin nods. "Yeah," he agrees. "Maybe this coming Friday if you're a good girl."

Ashlynn looks like she's about to cry. She hugs Baylee tighter. "Now!" She whispers to him. "I go Church too!"

Baylee's a little uncomfortable about being the center of this and her grip is getting tighter and tighter.

Ashlynn hides her face into Baylee's shoulder.

AJ comes over to them again. "He's going home," he tells her firmly. "And that's the end of it!"

Ashlynn starts to cry softly, still not letting go of Baylee...Her birthday, and she couldn't even have a sleepover.

Kevin nods. "We talked about throwing tantrums," he reminds her. "You can see Baylee on Friday."

Ashlynn was getting confused. She hadn't screamed or said a naughty word once - how was she throwing a tantrum? She cries still.

"Just - get upstairs!" AJ finally yells, having lost patience.

Baylee looks more than a little freaked out by this.

Ashlynn can't help but still cling to Baylee...She was getting scared.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, good girls obey, remember?" he asks. "You asked your question and we gave you an answer. By making a fuss, you're throwing a tantrum," he explains. "So let go of Baylee and Uncle Brian and I will arrange a play date for next weekend."

Ashlynn hiccups, as she throws a glare Daddy AJ's way. She still didn't get it - what was so wrong with being upset. She sniffles, gives Baylee a kiss, then disappears up the stairs and flops down on her bed to sob.

AJ mutters some more nasty things, and storms off again.

Kevin sighs.

"Sometimes I don't know if I have 2 children or 3 these days," he says to Brian as Baylee goes to join his mom and siblings.

Ashlynn's still upstairs, upset and confused. Why couldn't Baylee stay? They both had Church anyway.

AJ heads upstairs, and into Ashlynn's room. "Corner!" He barks, smacking her bottom once, when she doesn't move right away.

Ashlynn yelps loudly and practically dives for the corner.

Brian nods. "I know. Call me if you need to rant or something," he offers as he and his family head out the door."

AJ proceeds to yell at her for running into the street, then having the nerve to ask if Baylee can stay.

Ashlynn's frightened - especially since Sammy's still in the dryer - and she backs herself into the corner as much as she possibly can.

A.J. & Ashlynn In Trouble... (End of B-day Party Day) by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns everybody else, except BSB, who own themselves. Thank-you!

Warning: Spanking involved in this chapter.

Once everyone but Denise is gone and Krissy's watching a DVD, he heads upstairs to hear AJ yelling at Ashlynn.

"AJ, she didn't know," he says calmly.

"I'm sure Baylee had to have told her!" AJ snaps, noticing Ashlynn's sheepish look to the floor.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn. "Did Baylee tell you, you weren't allowed to cross the street?" he asks.

Ashlynn starts to shake her head no, but then stops and goes to nods yes. She stops mid nod and just looks confused. He had, but he hadn't...

"Which is it?" AJ snaps angrily.

Ashlynn shrugs, not knowing.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, stand in the corner and think really hard to remember exactly what Baylee told you while you were playing," he says. He's not angry, but he's not being overly sympathetic, either.

"Daddy and I are going to go have a chat," he says motioning for AJ to follow him.

Ashlynn nods, and turns to face the corner. She was glad Daddy had come to her rescue.

"What?" AJ asks, once in the hallway.

Kevin drags him into their bedroom. "Do you really think exploding at her will help?" he asks angrily.

"Nothing else seems to be working!" AJ snaps back.

"You have *got* to learn control. I know you're mad, but you've got to stop, think, and use some control."

Kevin shakes his head. "We got her in the bath without yelling didn't we?"

"She went to church without us yelling."

"How the f*ck can you be so damned calm when she almost got herself killed out there?" AJ yells softly.

"I asked her if she knew that it was against the rules for her to cross the street or even how to cross a street and she said no."

"But did you bother to ask her that? No! Because you assume everyone was raised with a great mother like you were."

"She says no to everything!" AJ retorts.

"Because she's been treated like an animal!"

AJ rolls his eyes.

"No one's cared before. So what if she got herself killed? One less kid to think about and provide for."

"Damned..." AJ trails off. "F*ck this! You deal with her!" He then turns to leave the room.

"Remember that, taking her home was your idea too!" He says just before AJ disappears around the corner.

AJ storms downstairs, then heads outside, slamming the door behind him. Moments later, screeching tires can be heard as he tears out of the driveway.

Meanwhile, Ashlynn's still in her corner, feeling scared again.

Krissy'd seen her daddy leave. He looked mad and she was scared. She quietly retreated to the playhouse in her playroom and crawled inside crying in her sleeping bag that is always there.

Ashlynn hugs herself as she stands in the corner, her head resting against the cool wall. She wanted her Daddy - she needed a hug.

Kevin returns to Ashlynn's room. "Okay, little one, let's have a chat."

He goes over to her bed and opens his arms. "C'mere."

Ashlynn runs to him, throwing her arms about him.

She hides her face into him, as new tears begin to fall.

Kevin holds her and rubs her back. "Daddy AJ is worried about you," he tells her. "And when he gets worried, sometimes he yells."

Ashlynn sniffles. "Baylee said...he couldn't go..." She tells him quietly. "Didn' know...it for me...too..."

Kevin nods. "That's what I thought," he tells her. "I'll tell you what. From now on, any rule that applies to Baylee, applies to you, unless I tell you different. Okay?"

Ashlynn nods, and hugs him tightly.

She was scared to let him go, and afraid she was still in trouble.

Kevin kisses her forehead. "When Daddy AJ gets back, I think you should apologize for scaring him."

Ashlynn sniffles as she nods. Though, what about him? He'd scared her too.

"And I think that you two will get along better if you can start talking more. It looks like you're trying to be naughty all the time when you don't talk and tell us what's going on."

Ashlynn sighs. She really didn't like to talk all that much. Talking always got you in trouble - always.

Kevin looks at her sympathetically. "I understand that you may have not had good experiences with talking before, but things are only going to get worse around here if you don't start talking."

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest. "Why can't Baylee stay? We go Church too..." She whispers.

Kevin nods. "You're right. We do. But sleepovers usually mean you stay up late. But you can't stay up late the night before church. So you can have sleepovers on Fridays."

Ashlynn sighs heavily. "We see Baylee at Church?" She wants to know.

Kevin smiles. "We can go to that church tomorrow if you want," he says. "But lets talk about what happened downstairs first."

Ashlynn just looks at him confused.

"It's okay to be upset that we said no. You can frown all you like. And I am *so* proud of you for not saying naughty words!" He exclaims with a broad smile and a tight squeeze.

Ashlynn gives him a small smile.

"But clinging to Baylee like that, like he's Sammy, won't make us change our minds and that's like disobeying. Do you understand?"

Ashlynn sighs and shakes her head no. She'd only clung to him because she was scared he was going to be spanked once home for the pool episode.

Kevin looks at her with patience. "What don't you understand?" he asks.

"Not 'cause I wan' him stay," Ashlynn says quietly. "Don' wan' him spanked."

Kevin nods suddenly understanding. "Well there's a good example of how not talking to us, got you in trouble. If you'd told us that was your worry, we could have talked about it. But clinging to him isn't going to make Uncle Brian change his mind if he is or isn't going to punish Baylee."

Ashlynn sighs heavily, looking and sounding like AJ does when frustrated.

Kevin smirks. "You sounded like Daddy AJ just then," he tells her with a tickle.

Ashlynn squirms slightly and giggles.

AJ's headed back home, now that he's cooled off some.

"Trouble?" Ashlynn asks softly.

Kevin smiles. "No, sweetie. You didn't knowingly break any rules so you're not in trouble."

Ashlynn gives a huge sigh of relief, like AJ had done upon seeing she was okay.

AJ parks his car and comes back inside. "Momma!" He calls out.

Denise pops her head around the corner, a dishtowel slung over her shoulder. "Yes?" she asks.

"I need a hug," AJ pouts.

Kevin smiles. "But seriously, if you don't start talking, Daddy AJ and Krissy may have to go live with Gramma until you're ready to talk and give school an honest chance. It's too hard on Krissy to go through this every day."

Denise smiles at him sympathetically and wraps her arms around him. "No one said being a parent was easy."

Ashlynn looks down sadly. She didn't want them to leave because of her.

AJ hugs his mother tightly, hiding his face in her neck. "I'm such an ass to her Momma. I can't help it. She worries me."

Kevin hugs her. "So will you please, please, please try to talk more? Baylee goes to school. I think he'd really like it if you went too."

"For Baylee," Ashlynn answers softly.

Denise nods. "I know, Alex, I know. But you don't have the luxury of being a child. You really need to be the adult in this situation. Have you seen Kevin this week? He's so stressed out."

Kevin nods. "At least until you find something you like about it. Okay?"

"I'm half the reason," AJ murmurs sadly.

Ashlynn nods. "Kay."

"Krissy?" Ashlynn says a moment later, wondering where her sister is.

Kevin nods. "She's downstairs watching a DVD," he tells her. "Want to go see her?"

Ashlynn nods. "Please?"

Kevin stands her on her feet, takes her hand, and leads her downstairs.

Denise kisses AJ's cheek. "I suggest you tell him how much you appreciate him tonight," he says as Kevin and Ashlynn come downstairs.

Ashlynn's quiet, as she walks with Daddy.

AJ's nods. "I will Momma." He gives her a kiss.

Kevin smiles at AJ. "Alright, she knows about the street now and she knows that any rules that apply to Baylee apply to her too," he reports.

"And she's going to try to talk more," he adds.

AJ nods. "Fine," he says.

Ashlynn let's go of Kevin, and goes over to tug on AJ's shirt. Once he looks down at her, she stares up at him, speaking softly. "Sorry Daddy," she whispers.

Kevin watches a little nervously.

AJ looks as though he's just been bowled over and is in complete and utter shock. She'd never called him Daddy before. He doesn't know what to do.

Ashlynn still stares up at him quietly.

AJ finally crouches down before her, and pulls her into a hug. "I'm sorry too, Honey," he says, giving her head a kiss.

Ashlynn returns his hug.

Kevin smiles broadly. Thank goodness.

"Why don't you go find Krissy, and play with your new toys, okay?" AJ suggests. "Daddy and I need to talk."

Ashlynn nods, gives him a kiss, then runs off to find Krissy.

Denise smiles. "Well I think I'll head out," she says putting the dishtowel down.

"You boys have a good evening," she tells them as she gets her purse and sees herself out.

AJ gives her a kiss goodbye. "Love you Momma. And thanks."

He looks at Kevin, as he fiddles with his rings.

Kevin smiles at her and then turns to AJ. "What's up?" he asks.

"I'm sorry," AJ says honestly. "I just - I'm so damned worried about her. I mean, how can a child of eight not know some of these things. How can people be so damned cruel?"

Kevin shrugs. "I don't know," he says just as patiently as he had with Ashlynn. "But that just means we have to work extra hard at showing her love and fixing all that's been taught wrong."

AJ runs his hand over his face. "My short temper don't help much, does it?" He says sheepishly.

Ashlynn's still looking for Krissy, and soon finds her in the playroom.

Krissy's been laying on her sleeping bag miserable at how mad her daddy has been lately and how distant the other one has been.

Ashlynn crawls in next to Krissy. "You kay?" She asks softly.

Kevin nods. "Yes it does," he agrees. "Should we do something about that later after the girls are in bed?" He asks.

Krissy nods. "Daddy's mad," she tells Ashlynn sadly.

AJ looks at him. "Whatcha mean exactly?"

"Not no more," Ashlynn tells her. "I saids sorry."

Kevin takes a deep breath. He'd heard of some couples had a more dom/sub relationship, but was it right for them. "Would it help you if I gave you a...a...'reminder' about controlling your temper?" he asks.

Krissy just shrugs. "Kay," she says. "I'm tired. Wanna camp out?" she asks indicating her sleeping bag.

AJ blushes sheepishly. "I dunno Kev...did it work last time we tried - for whatever it was?"

"Sure!" Ashlynn grins. "I gotta sleepin' bag now too!"

Kevin chuckles. "Must have. You haven't smoked in years."

AJ squirms uncomfortably, like Ashlynn usually did when fearing a spanking. "True..."

Kevin nods. "Alright. I'll tuck them in bed after you kiss them goodnight and when I'm done with Ashlynn, I want to find you in the corner in our bedroom."

AJ nods sheepishly.

Kevin nodded and went into the living room to find Ashlynn. "Did you like your party, pumpkin?" he asked.

Ashlynn looked up and smiled. "Uh-huh," she nodded. "Thank-you."

A.J. found Krissy and gave her a kiss. "Goodnight, Baby."

Kevin smiled. "You're very welcome, princess. Now how about you run upstairs and put your jammies on?" he said.

Krissy smiled and kissed AJ's nose. "Night, night, Daddy," she said.

A.J. gave her another kiss. "You and Sissy camping down here in your play house?"

Ashlynn nods, then runs upstairs to get into her jammies like a good girl.

Krissy shrugged. "Can we?" she asked hopefully.

"Sure!" A.J. smiled.

Kevin watched Ashlynn with a smile. She was getting into the routine and learning so quickly. He couldn't be prouder.

Krissy squealed with delight. "Thanks!" she exclaimed and wrapped her arms around AJ's neck.

Kevin turned and chuckled at them. "Go upstairs and get your jammies, Krissy. Tell sissy to bring her sleeping bag down."

A.J. looks to Kev. "I'm gonna go say g'night to Ashlynn."

Kevin nodded. "Okay," he agreed as Krissy ran upstairs.

Ashlynn was fighting to get her jammies on, but having problems.

"ASHLYNN!" she yelled as she ran upstairs.

"WHAT?" Ashlynn called back, surprising A.J. as he came upstairs.

Kevin ran after Krissy, and scooped her up. "Jammies first, goober."

Krissy giggled as Kevin carried her into her room to get her changed.

A.J. entered Ashlynn's room, and laughed when he saw her struggling to get into one-piece pajamas. "Need some help?"

Ashlynn nods, and lets him help her out.

Kevin puts Krissy in her Care Bears jammies with the little footies. "Now no playing all night, Krissy," he told her.

Krissy nodded. "Kay," she agreed.

Once she's set, A.J. kisses her head, helps her get her sleeping bag, then heads off to his room down the hall. Soon as he's there, he goes to his designated corner.

Kevin meets Ashlynn in the hallway. "Okay, girls, time to go get in bed," he says escorting them back to the playroom where the playhouse is.

Krissy scampers into the playroom and opens the door of the playhouse for Ashlynn.

Ashlynn hurries into the playroom and sets up her sleeping bag. Her eyes go big then. "Sammy!"

Kevin gives her a hug to help calm her down. "It's okay, baby. He's in the dryer. I'll get him out right now."

Ashlynn nods, and sits down to wait impatiently.

Kevin disappears for a few minutes and then is back with Sammy.

Ashlynn jumps up and grabs Sammy from him, hugging her friend tightly.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, baby, climb into your sleeping bag."

Krissy gets into her sleeping bag and snuggles down with her blankie and favorite Care Bear.

Ashlynn crawls into hers and curls up with Sammy.

Kevin squatted down. "Okay, girls," he said kissing both of them. "Now you can talk for awhile, but don't get out any toys, okay?"

"Kay," Ashlynn says softly. "We gots Church - with Baylee!"

Kevin chuckles. "That's right. Church tomorrow so you need sleep. Sweet dreams my angels," he says and kisses them again before heading out.

He leaves on a nightlight and then turns off the overhead light before going back upstairs to the master bedroom.

He walks in, a stern expression on his face. "Alexander," he says firmly, "I hope you've been thinking of ways to control your temper."

A.J. nods sheepishly, still facing the wall.

Ashlynn talks to Krissy for a bit, then falls asleep.

Krissy was asleep almost instantly.

Kevin goes over to the closet and gets out a thick leather belt.

Kevin walks over to the bed and calls AJ over. "Alex, come over here, please."

A.J. bites his lip and obediently goes over.

Kevin looks at him sternly. "Alex, you wanted to adopt just as much as I did. And what's more, you knew Ashlynn would be a tough case the moment we met her.”

A.J. sighs and looks down at his feet. "I know..."

“It is incredibly unfair for you to expect her to be as well behaved as Krissy after only a few days."

A.J. looks sheepish.

"Now, I know you get frustrated with her. I do too. But you have to remember that you're the adult and that you have to control your temper. She knows what it's liked to be hated, but she has no concept of love, which means we have to work very hard at showing her love, even when she's being disciplined. Got it?"

"Yes," A.J. whispers softly. His hands are over his bottom, trying to protect it.

Kevin nods. "Now, I know the belt is kind of harsh, but frankly, I don't think you're going to get the point any other way so remove your jeans and underwear."

"But Kev..." A.J. whines like a mere child. "I gotta sit in Church tomorrow..."

Kevin just looks at him with more sternness. "That's right, but you've earned this lickin', Alex. Your mom would agree with me."

"Nuh-uh," A.J. says, shaking his head, hands still covering his bottom. "Momma would just send me to bed without dinner."

Kevin scoffs. "Yeah...right," he replies. "I know that's not true. Now, jeans and underwear off. Last chance."

A.J. just shakes his head defiantly. "Nuh-uh. Don't know why I agreed to this anyway."

He chews his lip nervously, his hands still covering his bottom.

Kevin sighs and grabs AJ by the upper arm, spins him around and applies his hand to AJ's backside as hard as he can three times. "This is not up for discussion Alexander Richardson."

A.J. yelps slightly. "Shit..."

AJ, being an adult, is allowed to cuss, but Kevin looks at him steadily. "Jeans, Alex. Now."

A.J. grumbles rudely, and decides to do as told. He tosses his clothing onto their bed.

Kevin nods to the bed. "Bend over," he says firmly.

A.J. looks nervous, and pauses a moment before doing so.

Kevin gently guides AJ down onto the bed. "Grab some of the pillows," he advises.

A.J. does as told quietly.

With AJ in position, Kevin brings his hand down on AJ's backside firmly a half dozen times in various spots.

A.J. yelps each time, considering it's been a while since he's been spanked.

Kevin quickens the pace gradually getting harder until he's given AJ 30 solid hand spanks.

A.J.'s squirming slightly, not liking this too much anymore.

When AJ's rear end is a nice shade of pink, Kevin picks up the belt. "I'm going to give you 12 licks, Alex, and you're going to count each one of them."

"O-Okay," A.J. says nervously.

Kevin brings the belt back and the gives AJ the first lick right across the center of both cheeks.

A.J. yelps loudly. "ONE!"

Kevin gives him the second, a little higher up.

"TWO!" A.J. yelps again.

Kevin delivers the third lick to the lower part of AJ's backside, just above the thighs.

A.J. yelps, and hops from one foot to the other. "Three!"

Kevin gets through the rest of the licks and places number twelve, criss-cross all the others.

"TWELVE!" A.J. shrieks, jumping up and hopping about. "Yeow!"

He has tears streaming down his face, and he's rubbing his bottom frantically.

Kevin tosses the belt into the corner and immediately hugs AJ tightly. "I really hate doing that man, but you've gotta be the other parent, not my third kid, okay?"

A.J. nods, sniffling some. "I know," he whimpers, clinging to Kevin tightly.

Kevin hugs him tight. "Wanna cuddle?" he offers.

A.J. nods, and lies down on their bed carefully.

Kevin turned out the lights and got undressed before climbing into bed with AJ. "I love you, AJ."

"Love you, Kev," A.J. murmurs, closing his eyes, snuggling close, and going to sleep.

Ornery Day...... by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Well, lookie what I found in the search of something else. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & all the Littrell children. BSB own themselves! Thank-you!

Warning: Corporal Punishment & a bit of language.
NEXT MORNING. . . . . . .

Kevin woke up early and showered before AJ was even up. Once he was up and dressed except for a tie, he shook AJ gently. "Babe, time to get up."

A.J. grumbles. "Do I hafta go to Church?"

Ashlynn's awake, and in the kitchen, standing on the counter to get her and Krissy some pop-tarts.

Kevin laughs. "Yes," he replies. "Now come on. I'll get the girls some breakfast while you get dressed."

"Alright," A.J. mutters, getting up and heading for the shower.

Krissy watches Ashlynn in awe. "You gonna get in trouble?" she asks.

Ashlynn shrugs. "I dunno," she replies.

She tosses Krissy some pop-tarts.

Kevin heads downstairs to wake up the girls and is surprised to see them already up.

Krissy catches the box.

Kevin quickly grabs Ashlynn off the counter. "Ashlynn, honey, be careful!" he exclaims with worry. "That's so dangerous!"

Ashlynn looks surprised, as she hadn't seen nor heard him come into the kitchen. "Kay..." She says softly, squirming, wanting down to get her package from Krissy.

A.J. finishes showering, and gets dressed in his Sunday best. He winces when the clothing makes contact with his sore bottom.

Kevin kisses her and sets her down.

Krissy gives her the pop-tarts. "C'n I have one?" she asks.

Ashlynn grabs Sammy up, and gets out two packages of pop-tarts. She hands a pack to Krissy.

Kevin goes to the fridge and opens it, getting out milk for both of them.

Krissy smiles and then gives the pack to Kevin. "Warm, please."

Ashlynn opens hers and pops one into her mouth.

Kevin smiles and puts the pastries in the toaster. "Do you want yours warmed up?" he asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn shakes her head no, and goes off into the living room to eat and watch cartoons.

A.J. comes downstairs and turns the T.V. off. "No cartoons before Church."

Kevin butters Krissy's pop-tart and sits her at the table with her milk. "Yeah, princess. Not enough time today."

Ashlynn scowls and turns her cartoon back on.

"I said no, Ashlynn," A.J. says, turning it off again. "Now, get into the kitchen and sit at the table."

Krissy watches Daddy AJ and Ashlynn a little nervously.

Ashlynn gives him an icy look, not moving off the couch.

"You've got 'till the count of three, Ashlynn," A.J. tells her.

Kevin watches and purses his lips. "Ashlynn, your father told you to do something," he says sternly.

Ashlynn scowls, and takes another bite out of her pop-tart.

"One..." A.J. says.

Krissy pats the table next to her. "Come sit by me, Ashlynn, please?" she asks not wanting her daddies to be mad in the morning again.

Ashlynn still sits there and eats her pop-tart defiantly.

"Two..." A.J. says, trying to remain calm.

He waits a moment. "Thr - "

Ashlynn quickly jumps up and runs for the kitchen table. She smirks slightly as she sits down next to Krissy, Sammy at her side.

Krissy finishes her pop tart with relief.

A.J. sighs heavily and enters the kitchen, not looking all that amused.

Kevin just shakes his head. "Ashlynn, next time, if you don't behave, Daddy AJ or I will give you a spanking. Understand me?"

Ashlynn scowls and slouches down in her seat.

A.J. gets himself some toast.

Ashlynn munches on her second pop-tart now.

Kevin just makes some coffee. "As soon as you girls are done with your breakfast, hurry upstairs so you can get dressed," he says.

Ashlynn finishes her breakfast, then goes upstairs, climbs up onto her bed and starts to jump after having had dressed Sammy in his suit. She was stark naked from head-to-toe, and bouncing about on the bed like crazy.

A.J. stands to eat his toast, his backside still sore from the night before.

Kevin cleans up Ashlynn's cup and hurries Krissy along, before heading up to check on Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, you dressed?" he asks as she walks into the room. "Ashlynn!" he exclaims in surprise. "Honey, we're in a hurry," he reminds her. "Didn't you want to see Baylee?"

"Y-Yes!" Ashlynn exclaims, still jumping about on her bed. "He come here!"

A.J. follows Krissy up to her room, so that she can be dressed even quicker.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, he's going to be at church," he says. "Now do you want to go with a sore bottom or a regular one?"

Ashlynn stops jumping and covers her bottom with her hands. "NO!" She shrieks.

A.J. dresses Krissy, and takes her downstairs to get her shoes on.

Kevin just crosses his arms. "Then get down and put your undies on."

Krissy's been pretty out of it and her face is a little flushed. "Are we goin' to a new church?" she asks AJ quietly.

"Yes, Baby," A.J. tells her. "We're going to Uncle Brian's Church."

Ashlynn stands there staring at him a moment, hands still over her bottom.

Kevin sighs. "One..."

Krissy just nods. "You'll stay with me, though, right?" she asks anxiously.

Ashlynn scowls. "No! No spanking!"

"Sure, Baby," A.J. smiles kissing her head. "Jamie will be there too."

Kevin points to the floor. "Then get down and get dressed."

Ashlynn hops down on the opposite side and stands there now.

Krissy smiles a little. "Kay," she agrees even though she takes a small bit of his pant leg in her small fist and holds onto it so he can't get away.

Kevin shakes his head. "I said dressed, Ashlynn. That's two."

A.J. chuckles and pats her head affectionately. "Don't worry."

Ashlynn retrieves a pair of panties, but instead of putting them on her rump, she sticks them on her head to be silly. She grins impishly at him.

Kevin does not look amused. "Baylee won't be happy if you're late," he warns her.

Ashlynn frowns. She sticks her panties on properly, then goes and disappears into her closet, purposely getting lost in there.

A.J. picks Krissy up and hugs her close.

Ashlynn pretends to be looking for a dress, but is actually hiding.

Kevin goes in after Ashlynn and plants a hard swat on her bottom.

Ashlynn yelps and starts to cry. "Ow! Daddy! Ow!"

"If we're late for church, you and I will spend the afternoon here warming your bottom while Daddy takes Krissy to a movie."

Ashlynn starts to cry harder. "No!" She wails. "No spanking!"

She lets her hands cover her bottom.

Kevin shakes his head. "Then you need to behave, don't you?

Krissy lays her head on AJ's shoulder and sticks her thumb in her mouth.

Ashlynn whimpers. She yanks at a pair of jeans. She didn't want to wear a dress anymore.

A.J. rubs her back and sings softly.

Ashlynn gets her jeans down and starts to put them on, then grabs for a ratty looking t-shirt.

Kevin shakes his head. "Dress, Ashlynn. It's for church."

Ashlynn scowls, and strips down to her panties again. She starts to yank dresses off their hooks angrily. A few minutes later, she finds one and puts it on backwards purposely.

She turned and gave him a look, which said, "There! Happy NOW?"

Kevin sighs. "Alright, Ashlynn. You can see Baylee next week."

With that he leaves and goes downstairs. He frowns when he sees Krissy in AJ's arms. "Is she okay?" he asks worriedly.

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, quickly putting her dress on properly. She grabs Sammy up and quickly runs after Kevin. "DADDY!"

A.J. nods. "Yeah. Just worried about going to a new Church."

Kevin nods and rubs Krissy's back. "It's okay, sweetie. Auntie Sam will be there too," he points out and then turns around to see Ashlynn. "No, Ashlynn. You had your chance. Go back upstairs. You're grounded for the rest of the morning."

Krissy looks up. "Ashlynn not going to church?" she asks.

Ashlynn bursts into tears. "I sorry Daddy! Sorry!" She wanted to go to Church – she actually kind of liked Church.

A.J. sighs, and watches Kevin and Ashlynn.

Krissy, being too little to handle all the wild emotions that fly through the house of late, curls up in a ball and buries herself against AJ's chest.

Kevin shakes his head. "You didn't seem to want to before. You have to obey to get what you want, Ashlynn."

"Ill be outside," A.J. tells him, taking Krissy out.

"PLEASE Daddy!?!?!" Ashlynn says, running over to stand right in front of him and stares straight up into his face. "PLEASE!?!?!"

Kevin raises an eyebrow. "Am I going to have any problems with your behavior today?" he asks sternly. "Because I won't hesitate to turn you over my lap right in front of Baylee."

Ashlynn's eyes go huge, and she shakes her head no. "Nuh-uh! No Daddy! I good!"

Kevin nods. "Then go up to the bathroom and get a hairbrush so I can get your hair combed out on the way."

Ashlynn very quickly does as told, and returns moments later with a brush and a few hair elastics. "Here Daddy!"

Krissy whimpers against AJ's chest. "I wanna go to sleep," she tells him, confused about how to express her scared feelings that she has all the time these days.

Kevin nods. "Alright, go get in the van. We'll take that so I can sit in back with you."

A.J. kisses her head. "Shh. You'll be fine, Baby."

Kevin follows Ashlynn out. "AJ? Will you drive the van?"

"Sure," A.J. says, placing Krissy into her car seat.

Kevin opens the backdoor for Ashlynn. "Buckle in and then turn to the side," he says climbing in.

Ashlynn gets in and buckles herself and Sammy up.

Krissy whimpers when AJ leaves her in the car seat. She wanted to sit with him, but knows she can't if he's driving. Doesn't mean she likes it.

Once everybody is in and buckled up, A.J. drives off towards the Church.

Kevin quickly brushes out Ashlynn's hair and parts it down the side. "Krissy, honey, everything's okay," he says looking over at her and blowing her a kiss.

Ashlynn sits still, having had decided she wanted a normal bottom for Church.

A.J. is almost at the Church.

Kevin puts the brush in a travel caddy as they arrive and then helps Krissy out of her car seat.

Krissy struggles in Kevin's arms. It feels weird with him now and she only wants AJ so she hurries over to him and attaches herself to his leg.

A.J. sighs and leans down to scoop her up. "It's okay, Honey."

Kevin tries very hard not to be offended that his daughter didn't want to be held by him and helps Ashlynn out of the van.

Ashlynn clings to Kevin's hand and Sammy once out of the van.

Krissy just holds onto AJ for dear life.

A.J. kisses her head and takes her inside, finding a seat in the same pew, Brian and his crew, are sitting in.

Kevin checks his watch. "We actually made it with fifteen minutes to spare. How fast were you going, AJ?" he asks his husband with a smile.

Baylee looks over and waves to Ashlynn.

"Fast enough to save someone from a spanking," A.J. answers, eyeing Ashlynn.

Ashlynn's face lights up when she spots Baylee.

Jamie and Ben wave to Krissy but she just lays against AJ quietly.

A.J. takes a seat.

Sam smiles at Kevin and AJ. "Hi, guys," she says quietly. "What's wrong with Krissy?" she mouths to AJ.

"Nervous," A.J. mouths back.

"Daddy! Baylee!" Ashlynn says softly, tugging on his hand.

Sam looks skeptical.

Kevin nods. "Yes, Ashlynn, but you can seem him after the service. I don't want you talking through church."

A.J. shrugs, and nods his head towards Ashlynn and rolls his eyes.

Sam nods getting a better idea of the situation.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn whines slightly, looking ready to cry. "Please?"

Kevin looks at her sternly and shakes his head. "No, young lady. You're really pushing it this morning. Now you sit still and if you can't listen to the pastor I want you to think hard about obeying me from now on."

Ashlynn scowls angrily, and plops down in a huff. "Wanna sit Baylee," she grumbles, hugging Sammy to her chest.

Baylee looks at Brian who shakes his head.

Baylee gives Ashlynn a sympathetic look.

The service starts and Krissy's already fallen asleep.

Ashlynn scowls and slinks down in her spot. She'd wanted to come and sit next to Baylee.

A.J. chuckles softly, and holds her a bit closer.

Ashlynn kicks the back of the pew in front of her, as she swings her legs.

Kevin puts his hand out to hold her legs down. "Stop it," he says quietly, but firmly.

Ashlynn frowns, but stops swinging her legs. She glances down the row at Baylee; she leans so far, she falls off her seat.

A.J. does his best to ignore Ashlynn.

Kevin sighs and picks his daughter up, placing her firmly on his lap.

Baylee stifles a laugh just before Brian can give him a look.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, dropping Sammy by accident. She leans down trying to get him, and conks her head on the pew in front of them. "Ow!" She exclaims softly, rubbing her head.

Kevin picks her back up and holds Sammy for her, but where she can still snuggle him.

Ashlynn glances down at Baylee, growing restless, as she wanted to sit with him and hug him.

She squirms some more.

Kevin looks down at her. "Ashlynn, are you thinking about being obedient?" he asks.

Ashlynn sighs and grumbles to Sammy softly. "Wan' Baylee..." She whispers. "Please?"

Kevin waits for a hymn and everyone to stand up before taking Ashlynn by the hand and leading her out of the sanctuary quickly.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She couldn't help she was restless.

"Ashlynn, you were so good last week," he says once they're in a hallway. "If you can't behave, we'll find another church."

"No!" Ashlynn cries. "Wanna stay Baylee!"

Kevin nods. "I know, Ashlynn, but you can only see him if you're going to be a good girl," he tells her for the millionth time.

"Please Daddy!" Ashlynn begs. "I good! Wanna sit Baylee! Please!"

Kevin shakes his head. "You're going to talk to him and that's not allowed during church."

"Won't talk!" Ashlynn says. "PLEASE Daddy!"

Kevin sighs. "I'll ask Brian if you can sit together next week, but for the rest of the hour, you need to sit by me. Okay?"

Ashlynn sighs heavily, and rubs at her teary eyes. "Kay," she says a tad grouchy.

She quickly turns and goes back into where everyone else was. She reaches their pew and climbs over A.J. to get back to her spot.

She glances down the pew at Baylee sadly.

Baylee smiles at her just before the sermon starts again.

Ashlynn gives him a tiny smile, and rubs her eyes again. She felt sad. She'd only wanted to come, so she could sit with Baylee and look at all the pretty things with him.

A.J. shifts Krissy slightly.

Kevin offers to take Krissy from AJ.

A.J. gratefully hands her over, as his arms were getting sore, and his bottom was driving him crazy.

Ashlynn squirms a bit. "Daddy? Hafta pee. I gonna go, kay?"

Kevin nods. "Okay. But come right back," he whispers.

Ashlynn nods and climbs out of the pew. Once out, she glances at Baylee and nods her head slightly. She did have to pee, but she wanted to give him a hug and kiss more than anything else right then.

Baylee whispers up to Brian who looks down a little annoyed, but nods and Baylee also gets up and heads out.

Ashlynn waits impatiently for Baylee at the washrooms. She was also waiting for someone to get out of the ladies room as well.

A.J. pays attention to the sermon.

Baylee runs up to Ashlynn with a smile on his face. "Hi," he says.

"Hi!" Ashlynn smiles back, quickly kissing his cheek and giving him a hug.

She drags him into the ladies washroom, once the woman inside has come out and disappeared.

Baylee blushes and returns the hug. "I gotta be fast though. I'm not supposed to go to the bathroom during church."

"Oh," Ashlynn says. "Kay." She makes him turn away from her, and goes to the bathroom quickly. She then flushes the toilet and washes her hands. She smiles at him again, kissing his cheek once more. "Fun bein' sneaky."

Baylee nods nervously. "Yeah. We should go back now," he decides.

"Kay," Ashlynn agrees, giving him one last kiss. "We can plays later." She smiles at him. "C'n we walk back together? Or that mean trouble?"

A.J. nudges Kevin. "Kev," he whispers. "You notice two are missing from our row?"

Baylee shakes his head. "We can go back together."

Kevin nods. "I noticed."

"Kay," Ashlynn smiles, taking hold of his hand. She walks back inside with him.

A.J. shakes his head. "Bet she didn't even hafta pee."

Baylee walks Ashlynn back to their pew and then crawls over Kevin and AJ to sit next to Sam.

Ashlynn crawls over A.J. and frowns when she sees Krissy in Kevin's lap. She smiles at Baylee, but sits down between her Daddies instead like a good girl.

Brian looks down and frowns at Baylee.

Ashlynn reaches over Kevin momentarily to get Sammy. Once she has her bear, she sits there quietly, looking around at all the pretty things.

A.J. shakes his head, and pays attention to the sermon now.

Soon the sermon, and the service are over.

Brian turns to Baylee and has a very serious, very quiet discussion with him.

Kevin stands up, stretching.

Ashlynn looks up at Kevin expectantly. She wanted to see Baylee now.

Sam looks over and smiles. "Krissy's still asleep!" she says surprised.

A.J. stands up and stretches too, taking Krissy back from Kevin.

Kevin nods. "Guess she had a rough night," he figures as AJ takes the little one. "Ashlynn, wait 'till Uncle Brian and Baylee are done talking, honey."

"Hmph!" Ashlynn scowls, hugging Sammy tighter. She was growing impatient.

A.J. looks at Kevin, wondering if they're going to say anything about her bathroom meeting.

He nods to Sam. "She's not used to all the fighting."

Ashlynn moves towards Baylee and Brian slightly.

Kevin shakes his head. "I said wait, Ashlynn. Besides, I'd like to know if you actually used the bathroom while you were out," he says softly.

Sam nods. "I see. Would you like to have her stay with us for awhile?" she offers. "Just till things calm down?"

"YEA!" Jamie exclaims in excitement.

"I'll hafta talk to Kev," A.J. says softly.

"Yes," Ashlynn answers simply.

Brian turns around mid-sentence and gives Jamie a look. "Outside if you're going to yell."

Kevin nods. "Did you tell Baylee to leave at exactly the same time you did?" he asks.

A.J. nods towards the door. "Let's you and I head out. Think some need to discuss things quietly." He leads Jamie outside with him.

Ashlynn looks away sheepishly.

Jamie nods and follows AJ.

Kevin makes Ashlynn look at him. "I need an answer."

Ashlynn bites her lip. She nods slightly.

A.J. sits upon a bench, still holding Krissy, though he helps Jamie up. He's made sure to bring Ben with him too.

Kevin looks visibly disappointed.

Ashlynn looks down, feeling naughty, thus making herself even grouchier than before.

"Ashlynn, church is not a place for you to talk and play," Kevin says. "Now, I'm gonna let it go today since you're still new to this, but next week, you go potty before service and no leaving in the middle. Deal?"

Ashlynn grumbles softly, but nods.

She huffs, and sits down on the bench again, to impatiently wait for Baylee.

Kevin raises an eyebrow. "If you're going to pout, we'll just go home now," he says with warning.

Ashlynn sighs slightly, and casts a glance down Baylee's way. She wanted to go and play.

Kevin waits. "If you really want to stay, I need to hear an apology and you need to tell me if you're going to follow the rules next week," he says.

Krissy rubs her eyes, starting to wake up.

Ashlynn frowns momentarily. What was so wrong with going to the bathroom and bringing Baylee along? She shrugged to herself slightly, then looked up at him and nodded. She stood up on the bench to give him a kiss - she didn't know they weren't for standing.

A.J. rubs Krissy's back. "You awake, Baby? Jamie and Ben are waitin'."

Krissy looks around and smiles at her friends. "Are we at church now?" she asks AJ groggily, under the impression that it hadn't started yet.

A.J. chuckles. "It's all over, Baby."

Kevin gently lifts Ashlynn off the pew. "Don't stand on that sweet pea," he says giving her a kiss.

Krissy looks confused. "I missed it?"

Ashlynn blushes slightly, and rests her head upon his shoulder, hugging Sammy closer.

Brian nods and stands aside from Baylee. "Okay, Kev. He's released," he says rubbing his temples.

"Yep," A.J. says, kissing her head.

Ashlynn squirms, wanting down now.

Krissy frowns. "C'n I play?" she asks

"Yep," A.J. grins. "But go play on the Church equipment. Stay outta the parking lot." He sets her down.

Kevin puts Ashlynn on her feet. "Remember, Ashlynn, you let Baylee tell you what the rules are."

Ashlynn nods, and quickly moves to stand next to Baylee. She smiles widely at him.

Krissy runs off with Jamie and Ben, as Sam walks up carrying little Grace. "So there's a lot of fighting?" she asks AJ with concern.

A.J. sighs. "Ashlynn listens when she wants to listen."

"Krissy's kind of stuck in the middle, and not used to all the arguing and yelling."

"You trouble?" Ashlynn asks softly.

Baylee smiles. "Wanna go play on the swings?" he asks.

"Yeah!" Ashlynn exclaims, then clamps her hand over her mouth sheepishly. She nods furiously.

Baylee shakes his head. "Not anymore."

Ashlynn smiles. "Good."

Baylee leads Ashlynn out to the playground, passing Sam and AJ on the way.

Sam frowns. "Poor kid. Can't be good for your marriage at the moment, either."

Ashlynn grabs hold of his hand, and starts to run the rest of the way with him.

"Heh..." A.J. says, looking sheepish himself now.

Kevin looks up at Brian apologetically. 'I'm sorry, B," he says.

Brian shakes his head. "Not your fault. You don't have the luxury of training her since she was a baby and couldn't disobey. So now you have to teach her what seems natural to kids raised like this. Just means I have to keep a closer eye on Bay."

"She listens more to Kev, than me," A.J. adds. "She's driving me up a wall, and scaring Krissy. But, Krissy doesn't like for us to leave her - well, me anyway. She thinks Kev is Ashlynn's Daddy now and not hers anymore."

Sam looks at AJ with sympathy. "Has Kevin explained that's not true?"

"He's tried...But Krissy isn't in a listening mood."

Ashlynn reaches the swings and sits upon one. She immediately starts to swing, after having had set Sammy down on the ground next to her.

Baylee sits down next to her. "Can't go to the bathroom during church anymore," he tells her.

Ashlynn nods. "Daddy said no too."

Sam just shakes her head.

A.J. sighs heavily.

Brian and Kevin catch up to Sam and AJ.

Sam smiles at them and kisses Brian's cheek.

Brian smiles at Grace and takes her out of Sam's arms.

Kevin smiles. "So she woke up, huh?" he asks happy to see Krissy playing with Jamie and Ben.

"Yeah," A.J. nods. "She thought we'd just gotten here."

Ashlynn swings higher and higher on her swing. She felt happier now that she was able to play with Baylee.

Kevin chuckles.

A.J. gives a small smile, though he looks worried. "Kev, Ashlynn's scaring her with all the arguing."

Sam smiles. "Kev, would you like for Krissy to stay with us for awhile till Ashlynn gets settled in?" she asks.

"She's five and stressing."

Kevin hesitates.

Ashlynn soon jumps off her swing, giggling as she lands. "C'mon!" She says, grabbing Sammy up and running for the gate. "Ice cream man!" She'd seen him coming down the street.

Baylee stops quickly and runs after her. "No, Ashlynn. We gotta stay in the church yard," he calls after her.

Ashlynn looks back at him and frowns. "Gonna ask Daddy, Silly."

Kevin sighs. "AJ, we can't just take Ashlynn back. What else would you suggest we do?"

"Blister her backside for a week," A.J. mutters, looking away from Kevin.

"C'mon!" Ashlynn urges.

Kevin doesn't look amused.

Baylee follows Ashlynn over to their parents.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn says, tugging on his sleeve. "Daddy!"

Kevin looks down. "What's up, princess?" he asks.

A.J. gives her an annoyed glance, which she ignores.

"Ice cream!" Ashlynn says, pointing to the Ice Cream Man coming down the street.

"Please?" She adds quickly.

Kevin looks confused. "Please what?" he asks. She was going to have to start talking. No way around it.

Ashlynn sighs exasperated. "Ice cream, Daddy! Ice Cream Man!"

Kevin nods. "Yes, Ashlynn, I can see that there is an ice cream man. What about him?" he asks.

"C'n I have one?" Ashlynn asks, trying hard not to become frustrated. "Please?"

Kevin nods. "There you go," he says digging in his pocket. "You have to use words so I know what you want," he reminds her and hands her 75 cents.

Baylee looks at Brian. "Can I please have some ice cream too?" he asks.

Brian looks a shade annoyed with Kevin but hands Baylee 75 cents as well.

Ashlynn beams when he hands her money. She gives him a quick hug as thanks. She grabs Baylee's hand and runs off for the Ice Cream Man with him.

"Do not go in to the street and walk in the parking lot," Kevin says sternly.

Ashlynn reaches the end of the parking lot, as she had run most the way before he'd called out. She stands on the sidewalk hopping from one foot to the next.

A.J. shakes his head. "And she's rewarded for drivin' us nuts...."

Kevin looks at AJ and Brian helplessly. "I have to reinforce good behavior. She actually put a complete sentence together. What was I supposed to do?" he asks.

"Remind her she's been naughty all morning," A.J. says flatly.

Brian just shakes his head. "You're being soft, Kev."

Ashlynn's excited, as she'd never bought ice cream from the Ice Cream Man before.

Kevin sighs. "Where's the incentive to be good if when she *does* do what I've told her, I say no?"

Baylee waits till the truck stops by the sidewalk and then leads Ashlynn to the truck.

A.J. shakes his head again. "Kev, yes, she finally spoke a sentence, but she's been acting up all morning. Heck, she even disappeared in Church telling us she had to pee."

Ashlynn stares at the pictures for a bit, then points to the chocolate Klondike cone.

"And she probably didn't even hafta pee," A.J. adds. "More than likely just said that, so she could see Baylee when she wanted to."

The ice cream man gives her the ice cream in exchange for her money.

Then Baylee buys 6 ten-cent pieces of taffy.

Kevin sighs. "She said she went to the bathroom," he replies feeling tired.

Ashlynn smiles at him, then giggles as she opens her ice cream.

"That I don't believe," A.J. says flatly. "You ask Baylee if she actually went? He's the truthful one."

Brian nods. "Yes, she went," he answers.

Baylee walked through the parking lot back to his parents.

Ashlynn follows him, licking her ice cream happily.

A.J. raises his eyebrows. "Oh, really?"

Brian nods.

Ashlynn tugs on Kevin's shirt again, wanting to give him back the leftover five cents.

A.J. spots Ashlynn and sighs heavily again, giving her yet another dirty look.

Baylee gives Brian 15 cents back and then runs over to Jamie, Ben, and Krissy, giving them each two pieces of taffy.

Ashlynn frowns at A.J., sticks her tongue out quickly, then runs off after Baylee.

A.J. does not look the least bit amused.

Kevin shakes his head and takes a few strides to catch up with Ashlynn and picks her up. "That's it, Ashlynn, no more ice cream," he says and takes the Klondike bar from her.

"No!" Ashlynn shrieks, not understanding why it was getting taken away. She hadn't even reached the chocolately goo inside yet.

Brian looks at Baylee confused. "I thought you were getting ice cream."

A.J. watches Kevin and Ashlynn, trying to keep his temper in tact.

Kevin shakes his head. "You know better than to stick your tongue out at people," he says sternly. "You've been pushing it all day and I thought it would be nice to give you a treat since you were talking, but no more treats if you're going back to being rude."

Baylee shakes his head. "You said no desserts today ‘cause I went to the bathroom with Ashlynn," he reminds Brian.

Ashlynn's eyes well up with tears. She'd only stuck her tongue out because A.J. wouldn't stop giving her nasty looks.

Brian smiles. "Good boy," he says wrapping an arm around his eldest.

A.J. was still glowering.

Kevin throws the ice cream in the nearest waste basket and picks Ashlynn. up. "Alright, time to go home," he decides.

Ashlynn starts to cry. "No...I good! I good!" She whimpers after glancing over at A.J. - he was scaring her again. "He mean..." She whispers..."Scary...."

Kevin rubs her back. "He's upset with you because you've been very ornery this morning," he explains.

Ashlynn whimpers, eyeing her ice cream, which was now in the trash. "I sorry..."

Kevin nods. "I know. But you need to tell Daddy AJ that."

"He mean," Ashlynn states softly, catching A.J.'s glare again.

Kevin shakes his head as they arrive at the van. "No, Ashlynn, Daddy's make angry faces when they're upset with their little girls."

"Oh..." Ashlynn says, understanding a bit now. She notices they're at the van and starts to cry. "No! Daddy! No!"

Krissy runs over to AJ. "Daddy, look!" she exclaims with a grin. "Baylee give me taffy!"

A.J. smiles warmly at her. "That was very nice of him, Baby. You say thank-you?"

Kevin shakes his head. "There is going to be no more playing with Baylee until you learn to be polite and apologize to Daddy AJ."

Krissy nods.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She'd waited forever to play with Baylee, and already she had to go home. "Baylee!" She cries. "Wan' Baylee! Daddy!"

A.J. smiles and gives her head a kiss, still not sure what they were gonna do with Krissy.

Brian smiles and then looks over at the van where Ashlynn's cries are coming from.

A.J. tries hard to ignore Ashlynn.

Kevin puts Ashlynn in the van. "I'm not even going to talk about it with you crying like that, Ashlynn," he says. "You calm down and we'll see about when you can play with Baylee."

Ashlynn buries her face into Sammy, wanting desperately to play now. She sniffles. "I sorry," she whispers.

Sam sighs. "AJ, maybe it would be better for us to take Krissy home with us," she suggests softly. "Kevin might not even notice," she says a slight irritated with her cousin-in-law.

"Krissy will," A.J. sighs. "She's gotten clingy."

Sam nods. "Well how do *you* feel about having her stay with us for a few days?"

"I, personally, wouldn't mind," A.J. says. "I hate seeing her so upset, because of Ashlynn."

Ashlynn whimpers. "Please Daddy?"

Kevin shakes his head. "You have to calm down and tell me why you deserve it?"

Sam squats down to Krissy's level. "Krissy? How would you like to come have a whole bunch of sleepovers with Jamie?" she asks with a broad smile.

"I good!" Ashlynn insists. "Say sorry! Please?"

A.J. watches quietly.

Krissy wraps her arm around AJ's middle and bites her lip, thinking about it.

A.J. rubs her back softly.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, Ashlynn, you weren't. You were very naughty at home, you wouldn't sit still during church, and then you stuck your tongue out at Daddy AJ, that doesn't sound like being good to me."

Krissy nods slowly. "C'n Daddy come too?" she asks only referring to AJ.

Ashlynn gives an exasperated sigh. "I gonna good now! Please? Gonna say sorry!"

A.J. looks at Sam, as if to say, "See?"

Kevin looks at her skeptically. "You go apologize to Daddy right now. And you do not go off to play with Baylee until both of us say it's okay. Do you understand?"

Sam smiles at Krissy. "How about just you?" she counters. "I don't think your daddy will fit in Jamie's room."

Krissy smiles. "Kay," she agrees.

A.J. hides his sigh of relief.

Ashlynn nods quietly. "Kay." She gets out of the van and goes over to A.J., tugging on his sleeve slightly.

A.J. looks down annoyed. "What?"

"Sorry..." Ashlynn whispers, looking up at him.

"Fine. But you're still not playing with Baylee anymore today," A.J. says flatly. "Get back in the van."

Sam smiles. "Good! It will be fun. How about you and Jamie and Ben go play for a little longer then we'll go to McDonald's for lunch."

Ashlynn's eyes go a bit wide, and she suddenly looks completely lost and miserable all at once. She blinks back her tears, sick of being in trouble for crying.

Kevin catches up and looks at AJ. "Did she apologize?" he asks.

A.J. nods. "Yep." He eyes her again warily. "You heard what I said, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn looks from one Daddy to the next, then dejectedly heads back towards the van.

Kevin looks a tad confused. "Did you accept her apology?"

"Yes," A.J. says. "But I told her she's not to play with Baylee anymore today, and to get back in the van."

Ashlynn crawls back into the van and hides in the backseat to cry into Sammy.

Kevin nods. "Okay." He turns and spots Krissy playing with the twins. "Kristine, c'mon, kiddo!" he calls.

"Ah, Kev," A.J. began. "She's gonna go with Sam and Brian for a bit."

Kevin blinks. "What about school?" he asks.

Sam shakes her head. "I'll make sure she gets there. Don't worry," she says.

"Relax Kev," A.J. says. "It's not forever."

Krissy runs up and hugs AJ. "Bye Daddy," she says. "I'll make you a picture at school, kay?"

Ashlynn peeks out the window to watch Baylee. She apologized, and doesn't understand why it didn't make everything right again.

A.J. hugs her back. "Alright Princess. You be good."

Brian motions for Ben and Jamie to come over. "Time for lunch, guys!"

Krissy nods. "I will," she promises and then turns to hold Jamie's hand, ignoring Kevin.

"Kristine," A.J. says softly, but a bit stern. "Don't be rude."

Krissy looks up at him and then over to Kevin. "Bye, Daddy," she says with a wave. She didn't feel particularly loved by him and didn't feel like giving him a hug right now.

A.J. just sighs and shakes his head, knowing that's the best he was going to get.

Kevin looks at AJ, almost panicked.

Ashlynn's still watching Baylee, wishing she could say goodbye to him.

"Kev, she's mad at you. Chill," A.J. says. "Give her time to adjust."

Baylee turns and eyes the van and waves with a smile.

Kevin looks confused as the Littrells and his daughter head for their van. "Mad at me? Why?"

Ashlynn gives him a weak smile and a small wave.

"Ashlynn's not the only one adjusting, Kevin," A.J. replies. "She thinks you've forgotten her. Thinks our family is split in half now."

Kevin sighs and rubs his temples. "We should have wait till she was older," he says shaking his head. "And now we've got a serious problem because we can't take Ashlynn back, but I can't keep being 100% on her because then I can't spend time with Krissy," he says in frustration as they arrive at the van.

Ashlynn's crawled into the trunk part and is hiding back there, Sammy clutched to her chest.

"Well, she's going to be with Sam and them for a bit," A.J. points out.

Kevin gets into the driver's seat and looks in the back for Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, get up in a seat and put your seat belt on," he says in a tired tone.

Ashlynn scowls, angry once more, but climbs back over the seat, and plops down to buckle up.

A.J. gets in and stares out the window.

Kevin drives them home quietly. "What would you like for lunch, Ashlynn?" he asks when they're about a block from home.

Ashlynn just shakes her head no. She wasn't hungry anymore.

Kevin shakes his head in return. "You have to eat something, honey. Do you want a bolognese sandwich?" he offers.

Ashlynn scowls, gives a small huff, and slouches down in her seat.

A.J. shakes his head, but chooses to ignore her, or else he'll end up snapping.

Kevin looks in the rear-view mirror. "I thought we talked about being rude, Ashlynn," he warns. "Pouting is not polite.”

Ashlynn scowls even more, then unbuckles her seatbelt and slides down onto the floor with Sammy. She was in a foul mood, and wished they'd just let her be.

A.J. grits his teeth together, but keeps silent.

Kevin immediately pulls over. "Ashlynn Richardson, get back up on the seat and put your seatbelt on. Now."

Ashlynn crosses her arms and stays put on the floor. She was not amused. She hugged Sammy tighter.

Kevin looks at AJ. "So for something so dangerous, what would you recommend for Ashlynn's bottom when we get home?" he asks.

A.J. shoots him a dark look. "Leather paddle, belt, hand...all three..." He mutters.

Kevin looks pleadingly at AJ. Why couldn't the man be truly helpful?

A.J. gives Kevin an apologetic look. He was taking his frustration out on his husband.

"Paddle," A.J. answers finally.

Ashlynn's still pouting in the backseat on the floor.

Kevin nods. "Alright. Then while I'm giving Ashlynn a paddling, will you make some lunch?" he asks.

"Sure," A.J. nods. "I'll fix something up."

Kevin gets out and slides open the back door. "Ashlynn, you have till the count of three to get up before I spank you all the way home and Daddy AJ will drive."

Ashlynn looks at him in disbelief. Why couldn't they just let her be? Her frown deepens.

A.J. moves over to the driver's seat, having a feeling that's where he'll end up anyway.

"One..."

Ashlynn glares up at him, hugging Sammy tightly.

"Two…"

"Kev, she's just gonna wait until you start to say three, then move," A.J. pipes up. "Trust me on that one."

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tighter to her chest. She was waiting for the start of three.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, she's not. Because she's not psychic and she doesn't know that I'm going to say three right now," he says and looks at Ashlynn. "You can't play that game with me young lady," he tells her climbing in the back seat. He quickly takes her over his lap, flips her dress up and starts to spank firmly the bottom in front of him. "Let's head home, AJ," he says calmly as he spanks her.

A.J. pulls out and heads for home.

Ashlynn squeals disapproving the position she's now in. She hugs Sammy tighter, and kicks as she's spanked.

Kevin spanks her a bit harder the nearer they get to home. "Your attitude is going to change Ashlynn. You don't get what you want just because you cry and say you're sorry. You've lived with us long enough to know some of the rules. Now you could have avoided a spanking if you would have behaved yourself in the car, but you had to pout and be dangerous, didn't you? Well that means a good paddling with the leather paddle when we get home."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, now trying to squirm away, but can't as there's not enough room to do so. "NO! DADDY! NO!"

A.J. pulls into their driveway, and into the garage. He parks the car and gets out to unlock the door and go in and make them some lunch.

Kevin stops the spanking long enough to carry Ashlynn into the house. "Hey, baby, can you grab Sammy for me?" he asks. Ashlynn is not allowed to keep the toy during punishments.

A.J. nods, and with some work, manages to pry Sammy out of Ashlynn's death grip.

Ashlynn screams as Sammy's taken from her, and starts to try and kick Kevin. "SAMMY!"

Kevin smiles at him and even leans in to kiss him.

A.J. gives him a quick kiss, yanking Sammy out of Ashlynn's reach.

"You'll get him back after your punishment," he tells her firmly before going back to their den/office.

Ashlynn kicks and struggles as best she can, wanting down. "NO! DADDY! NO!"

Once there, he goes over to an armoire and gets out a small leather paddle. It ends up feeling like a slipper, but Kevin thought this would be more sanitary.

Kevin shakes his head. "You were very rude today, Ashlynn," he reminds her and sits down in a straight-backed chair, the little girl lying over his lap.

He starts applying the paddle firmly on the roundest, underside of Ashlynn's bottom.

Ashlynn sobs, glad her panties were still up - though they weren't very much protection. She shrieks and kicks.

A.J. goes about making them some lunch, having had set Sammy atop the fridge.

Kevin has given Ashlynn about 30 sound slaps of the paddle when he hooks his fingers in her panties and pulls them down to her knees. "Are we going to have to talk about being rude again?" he asks paddling her some more, turning the bottom a bright red.

Ashlynn shrieks even louder, and wails loudly. "NOO! OW!" She tries to squirm, but can't - so, as always - she leans down to bite his leg - hard.

Kevin sighs. "Do you want to go for the belt, Ashlynn?" he asks. "If you come off my lap, you get the belt."

"NO!" Ashlynn screams louder. She hits his legs with her fists. "NO!"

A.J. finishes up lunch, and puts it away, so it won't ruin while he waits.

Kevin takes both of Ashlynn’s hands and pins them to her back while he paddles her bottom. "And what about the seatbelt?" he asks. "Is that ever coming off again?"

Ashlynn just bites him again, now very angry.

A.J. sits down to read the paper.

Kevin stands up and carries Ashlynn into the living room. "AJ? Baby, I need some help," he says.

A.J. gets up and goes to the living room. "With what Kev? What's goin' on?"

Ashlynn's still struggling and crying hard.

"She's decided to bite me again," he explains. "And I told her that meant the belt, but I need you to hold her while I take it off."

"Alright," A.J. nods, going to Kevin to take hold of Ashlynn. He takes Ashlynn from Kevin and holds onto her tightly, despite her struggling and ear-piercing screams.

Kevin quickly removes his belt and then takes Ashlynn back, laying her over the couch. He holds her there and then starts to bring the belt down on the red bottom. It's not too hard. Doesn't have to be on a well paddled bottom, but it's extra sting.

Ashlynn shrieks and kicks. She reaches back and covers her bottom.

A.J.'s eyes go wide. "Dumb move!"

He goes to grab them, only to have her swing at him with one - the other still over her bottom.

Kevin takes the other hand and hands it to AJ. "Thank you, baby," he says affectionately and then starts giving Ashlynn licks again.

A.J. holds her hands, giving Kevin a small smile.

Ashlynn screams and kicks for a bit more, but then finally lays limp over the side of the couch, whimpering as tears still stream down her small face.

Kevin delivers 5 more solid licks once Ashlynn's gone limp and then stops.

Ashlynn’s whimpering, and afraid to move - she's also very sore.

"Lunch is ready, when you are, Kev," A.J. tells him, still holding her hands.

Kevin nods. "Thanks. Go ahead and eat," he says picking up Ashlynn and rubbing her back. "Okay, baby. It's all over," he tells her softly.

A.J. nods and leaves the room.

Ashlynn tries to squirm away, not wanting to be touched by anyone anymore.

Kevin shakes his head. "Ashlynn, it's okay, sweetie," he says. "You're all forgiven now," he tells her. "Daddy and I aren't mad anymore. After you get a spanking it's all over so you can go play or snuggle or whatever and you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS loved."

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest, and starts to cry even more. She didn't like spankings - not one bit. And to top it all off, her bottom throbbed like crazy.

Daddy rubs her bottom gently. "After lunch, I'll put some lotion on your rump to help it feel better," he says.

Ashlynn whimpers her response, hiding her face into him even more.

Kevin gently rubs her back and walks over to the rocking recliner. He sits in it like always and rocks her gently, rubbing her back and her bottom. "If you want Sammy, you can go in the kitchen and ask Daddy AJ nicely for it."

Ashlynn sniffles. She wanted Sammy, but she did not want to talk to her other Daddy at all.

Kevin gets a tissue and wipes her face. "Are you hungry?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head, as she wipes at her eyes miserably. "No," she says flatly, though quietly.

Kevin nods. "Then why don't I take you upstairs for a nap," he suggests.

"No," Ashlynn says again in the same tone, scowling slightly.

A.J.'s puttering around in the kitchen.

Kevin nods. "Okay," he agrees and stands up. He turns and sets her gently in the recliner. "Well you can watch TV or play but I'm gonna starve if I don't eat," he says with a smile.

Ashlynn winces as her bottom hits the cloth-covered chair. She whimpers, her eyes quickly filling up with tears once more. She instinctively reaches up for him.

Kevin looks at her. "Pick you up again? But you're not hungry," he reminds her.

Ashlynn starts to cry again. She wanted to be cuddled some more.

Kevin picks her up and holds her. "Honey, it's okay," he tells her, rubbing her back and sitting back down.

Ashlynn clings tightly to him. She was scared, tired, and still cranky from before. She sets her thumb in her mouth, and buries her face into his chest.

A.J. enters the living room, and eyes the scene before him. "Everything all right?" He asks concerned.

Kevin nods. "Spanking just takes a lot of her."

A.J. nods to show his understanding. "All right," he says. "If anybody gets hungry, lunch is in the fridge. It's only turkey sandwiches." He pauses, as he watches Ashlynn momentarily. "I'll be down in the studio. Got some things to work on." He pauses again. "Sammy's atop the fridge, if you want him later."

Ashlynn refuses to look at him - she blamed him for the fact she'd had to come home early. She was also mad he hadn't let her go back to playing with Baylee.

Kevin smacks Ashlynn moderately hard. "Ashlynn, when someone speaks to you, it's polite to respond," he tells her firmly.

Ashlynn yelps, and starts to cry once more. She rubs at her naked bottom, trying to make the pain go away.

A.J. shakes his head, giving a small sigh. He wasn't sure she'd ever learn how to be good.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn expectantly. "I'm waiting, Ashlynn.

Ashlynn whimpers, and casts A.J. a slight glare, hoping Kevin doesn't see. She nods her head slightly as response, not really knowing what to say.

A.J. frowns, not appreciating her glare.

Kevin looks confused. "I'm missing something," he says.

"Yes, Kev, that you are," A.J. says dryly, giving Ashlynn a stern look. "Seems someone still hasn't learned a thing."

Ashlynn ignores his look and still gives him a cold glare.

Kevin sighs. "Well my arm and hand are sore," he says standing up.

"And I can't give her anymore licks without causing bruises," he continues as he sets Ashlynn down on the recliner again. "So unless you want to take her over your knee, I guess keeping Sammy locked up until she learns to behave is the only option we have."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks suddenly. She did not want to lose Sammy!

A.J. shakes his head. "Sammy's gonna hafta be it. It wouldn't be safe for me to spank her right now."

Kevin shakes his head. "You refuse to behave, Ashlynn," he reminds her. "We've already had to send Krissy away for awhile and I really can't be spending the whole day with you over my lap so you won't be able to have Sammy until you can behave. And you're going to have to show us how you can behave. No promises anymore. You always break your promise so you can't be trusted."

Ashlynn starts to cry more - not only was she losing Sammy, but she'd lost her sister as well - who was she going to play with now? "NO!" She screams, jumping up out of the chair. She'd get Sammy back - at least - she would!

"Lower your voice!" A.J. snaps slightly.

Kevin picks her up and holds her in an immobilization hold so she can't get away or hurt him as he holds her.

"Go on downstairs, AJ," he says quietly. "I'll eat when she finally exhausts herself."

A.J. nods. "Alright." He disappears and heads downstairs.

Just then the phone rings RING, RING

Ashlynn tries to struggle, and screams endlessly.

A.J. grabs the phone up. "Hello?"

"Hi, AJ. It's Sam," comes Samantha Littrell's voice.

"Hey Sam," A.J. says. "Everything all right?"

Ashlynn keeps trying to kick and squirm. "SAMMY!!!!"

Kevin shakes his head. "Not going to happen, Ashlynn," he tells her.

Sam hesitates. "Krissy's sort of disappeared," she says. "Brian's gone out looking for her and he called your Mom in case she might try to go to Gramma's, but I thought you should know."

Ashlynn stops screaming and struggling, as she's breathing hard now. She hiccups, as tears stream down her face. She suddenly tries to squirm one last time, as she screams out words every parent hates to hear. "HATE YOU!"

"WHAT!?!?!" A.J. exclaims. "Where did you see her last?"

Sam's obviously trying not to cry. "The four of them were playing hide and go seek and they looked and looked for her, before they realized she was gone and came to get B and I."

"Shit," A.J. cusses softly. "It's not your fault Sam."

Kevin takes a deep breath. That hurts. He loves her so much. But he knows it's her immediate emotion, not the long term feeling. "I'm sorry to hear that, but you're my baby and I'm not going to let you be a naughty girl forever."

Sam sniffles. "It's just upsetting because she seemed to be feeling better after lunch."

Ashlynn starts to sob then..."Daddy..." She whimpers. She was tired, but didn't want to sleep...And her bottom did still hurt.

"You sure she isn't asleep out in the yard or something?" A.J. asks, worry etched in his voice.

"No, AJ. The kids and Brian already combed it. Brian called Nick too so they can split up. I'm sure she couldn't have gone that far, but she'll be needing one of you, I'm sure. Especially since Brian doesn't know if he should be upset with her or not."

"I'll be there soon as I can," A.J. says. "And tell him to be upset if he thinks he'd be upset if it were Jamie."

"Daddy..." Ashlynn whimpers again. She's gone limp, now not struggling with him anymore.

Kevin waits for her to go limp and then rearranges her.

He holds her and rubs her back. "I'm right here, baby," he says softly. "Just take it easy."

"Okay, AJ," Sam replies. "We'll see you soon."

Ashlynn buries her face into his neck, tears still streaming down her small face. She was exhausted from having had been spanked, but still grouchy and trying to fight it.

"Yes, soon," A.J. agrees.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3519