Just Like A Child by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: A.J. has five-year-old Tesia on tour with him and the other Boys. Is she well behaved, or a brat like her future self?





Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Alternate Universe, Fantasy
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: A.J. & Tesia Series
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 7506 Read: 15189 Published: 01/30/05 Updated: 01/30/05

1. If I Could Right The Wrongs That Made You Cry by LenniluvsBrian

2. If I Could Change Your Mind by LenniluvsBrian

3. Girl Don't Stop by LenniluvsBrian

4. So I'm pressing on, I hope you understand by LenniluvsBrian

5. So If I Could Change (So If I Could Change)... by LenniluvsBrian

6. Your Smile by LenniluvsBrian

7. With The Spirits Running Free, She Drove Me Wild by LenniluvsBrian

8. If Our Hearts Could Set Us Free by LenniluvsBrian

If I Could Right The Wrongs That Made You Cry by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey y'all! Hope y'all like this one! I've worked hard on it for two days now. And please review for each chapter. Thanks! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.
If I could right the wrongs that made you cry Would you promise not to say goodbye? ‘Cause I’m holding on With a love so strong And I can’t take a day without you by my side

A.J. McLean of the Backstreet Boys was busy baby-sitting his five-year-old sister, Tesia. At twenty, he had been given the responsibility of watching the small child for a few short weeks. Though, he knew mush to his dismay – Tesia’s even more so – that those weeks would fly by extremely fast. Her parents had gone away on a second honeymoon and had actually asked him to keep an eye on her - this was after they had kept her a secret from him for a few years beforehand. But, despite the problems he had with her parents, he loved the little girl very much – maybe a little too much in some people’s opinions.

“Hey Bone,” Brian called out. “You comin’? Nicky needs some food in him before he parishes!”

A.J. laughed. “Yeah, I’m comin’. Just let me grab the rug-rat.

Brian nodded and headed on out to the awaiting car.

A.J. looked down, and was shocked to find his sister had suddenly disappeared on him. “Tesia?” He called. “Tesia?” He felt a bit of panic sear through him when she didn’t answer. “Tesia!” He called louder. “TESIA!”

Tesia Lenore McLean had wandered off in search of Kevin – her favourite Backstreet Boy after her brother – not knowing he had already gone outside to the awaiting car. She’d wandered far enough away from her brother, that he couldn’t see her and she couldn’t hear him. She didn’t hear him until he’d gotten closer, but she’d decided not to answer. When she couldn’t find Kevin, she began to cry big crocodile tears. “Waaah!”

A.J. heard her cries, and quickly went off in that direction to make sure that she was indeed okay. “Tesia!” He cried, upon finding her outside of Kevin’s dressing room door.

Tesia looked up at him through her tears. “Jaaay!” She wailed. “Wan’ Kevyyy!”

A.J. sighed heavily and crouched down before her, taking her hands in his. “Tesia, you know better than to take off like that,” he said softly, not wanting to upset her anymore than she already was. “What you did was very naughty. You have to stay in my sight, alright? Otherwise I’ll get scared something’s happened to you. And I can’t bare to have something happen to my Baby T. I love you too much, Honey.”

“No!” Tesia shrieked, yanking her hands from his and covering her bottom. She knew what the line about being naughty meant – and she did not want a spanking. As for everything else he had just said, she’d tuned out – the naughty part had her scared and nothing else mattered after that.

“What do you mean no?” A.J. asked confused. “Baby, what’s wrong?”

“No!” Tesia yelled at him stomping her little foot.

“No what?” A.J. demanded, grabbing hold of her hands again. “What the heck is the problem, T.?”

“No! No! No!” Tesia went on yelling, as she tried to yank her hands free again, but to no avail. “No spankin’!”

A.J. frowned. “Honey, I’m not going to spank you,” he told her gently. “I’d never spank you, Baby. You’re too cute for that. Besides, that’s your Daddy’s job, not mine.”

Tesia stopped screaming and sniffled. “No spankin’?”

“No, Baby T.,” A.J. assured her, reaching up to rub her small face. “Of course not. A time-out, maybe – a nap, definitely. But no spanking – ever.”

Tesia whimpered as she let herself fall into his arms. She’d be so afraid of getting a spanking; she’d forgotten it was her brother she was with and not her Daddy – or her Mother. “I sorry,” she wailed a little bit.

A.J. kissed her head as he scooped her up. “Shh. It’s alright, Baby T. It’s alright.”

Tesia snuggled her head under his neck as he rubbed her back and carried her out to the car, where everyone else was waiting on them.

“About time!” Nick exclaimed. “I thought I was gonna hafta starve ‘cause of her!”

A.J. shot his friend a Look, as Kevin whacked him upside the head.

“Ow! What was that for?” Nick demanded to know. “I didn’t do nothin’!”

Howie shook his head and told the driver to go, as Brian rolled his eyes.

“She alright?” Kevin asked concerned. Him and Tesia had grown pretty close since they had first met quite a while ago. She was his little Princess, and him her Prince – he knew this, as she had told him that – and though he’d never called her Princess, she seemed to somehow know that was what she was.

“Yeah,” A.J. nodded. “She was lookin’ for you and got scared when she couldn’t find yah. That – and I scolded her for takin’ off.”

“Aww,” Kevin said, reaching over to rub the child’s back. “It’s okay Honey. Kevy’s here now – and he’d never let them leave without you.”

Tesia sniffled and gave both her brother and Kevin a small smile, before popping her thumb into her mouth. She lay her head upon her brother’s shoulder once more, and closed her eyes, feeling safer than she had in a long time.

If I Could Change Your Mind by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own thmselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

Girl if I could change If I could change your mind Baby you could help me wipe these tears from my eyes

“Baby, I told you, you can’t have ice cream for lunch,” A.J. told his baby sister for the zillionth time in five minutes. “You can have it for dessert, but not lunch.”

“I wan’ ouce cream!” Tesia declared, stamping her foot. “I wanna ouce cream! Now!”

“A, I said no; B, ice cream is not a lunch food; and C, stomping your foot and yelling at me will get you nothing but trouble, Missy,” A.J. stated firmly. “Now, do you want McDonald’s or A&W?”

“OUCE CREAM!” Tesia screamed at him. “WANNA OUCE CREAM!”

A.J. sighed heavily, and rubbed his temples. She was starting to give him a headache. Also, he was beginning to become highly frustrated with her.

“Need help?” Kevin asked him quietly.

“Be my guest, Kev,” A.J. told him. “And you’d better not start singing that damned song.”

Kevin chuckled, then looked down at the little girl throwing a tantrum at their feet. “Princess, don’t you want to eat what I’m eating?”

Tesia paused momentarily, and looked up at him through tears, not realizing what he’d called her. “Whatcha eatin’?”

Kevin smiled as he crouched down before her. He helped her stand up and brushed the dirt from the floor off her clothes. Once he had her hands in his, he spoke again. “McDonald’s,” he told her. “I’m going to have nuggets, fries, and root beer.”

“But I wanna ouce cream,” Tesia sniffled.

“Honey, your brother said no,” Kevin reminded her gently. “Now, don’t you want to make him happy by doing as told?”

Tesia pouted. “Ouce cream Kevy…pease?”

A.J. sighed upon seeing her pout. He was a strong man, but his defenses weakened easily upon seeing that pout. That pout always made him want to cry, as it meant he’d upset her – and he never wanted to upset her – ever.

Kevin glanced up at A.J., knowing the younger man was starting to weaken. He had a feeling Tesia knew that too, and that was why she had decided to now pout. He looked back to Tesia, and stroked her face lightly. “Baby, how about I share my lunch with you; would you like that, Honey?”

Tesia nodded. “Uh-huh.”

“Alright,” Kevin agreed. He leaned in to whisper. “Now, why don’t you say sorry to your brother and give him a nice big hug.”

“Kay!” Tesia replied, flashing him a lopsided grin. She turned and quickly latched onto her brother’s legs, as Kevin stood back up.

A.J. looked down. “Yes? May I help you, Ms. Queen?”

Tesia gave a slight pout, but then turned it into a small smile. “I sorry J.”

A.J. smiled back down at her, then picked her up. “So, you’re gonna share Kevin’s lunch, huh?”

“Yeps!” Tesia chirped with a giggle. She eyed him carefully then. “I make you sad?”

“Just a little, Honey,” A.J. sighed. “Just wishing you’d listen to me too, and not just Kevin.”

“Oh…” Tesia said softly, looking down momentarily. She looked back up at him, grinning widely. “I make better?”

“You can try, Babe,” A.J. told her.

Tesia leaned in and kissed his nose. “There! All better!”

A.J. laughed, and tickled her slightly. “Yes, all better.”

Tesia squealed with laughter, as A.J. carried her over to where the other Boys now sat with their lunches. She was quite well behaved for the rest of lunch, not wanting to make her brother sad anymore anytime soon. If he was sad, then she was sad – and she didn’t like to be sad.

Girl Don't Stop by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does MArcus. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

Girl don’t stop The sun from shining down on me ‘Cause I can’t take another day without your smile And if you take away the loving arms that suit around me Then I might break down and cry just like a child

A.J. was busy rehearsing a song for the concert that night, when he happened to look out into the audience and notice Tesia had gone missing again. “Whoa. Hold up. Where’d the She-Devil go?” He asked, trying not to sound too worried.

“I think Marcus took her to the bathroom,” Nick answered. “Chill Bone. She’s not gonna go no where – and if she did, we’d find her before she got far.”

A.J. shook his head, and asked the band to start the song over again. He was singing perfectly, right up until he felt something – or someone – attach onto his legs. He looked down and smiled at the small face turned upward to look up at him.

“Hiya J.!” A little voice chirped happily. “Marcus lemme see you!”

A.J. ruffled her hair as he kept on singing his part. Once his part was over, he looked at everyone else. “Anyone up to taking five?” He queried. “Seems I’ve a leech attached to my legs.”

Everyone smiled and agreed to a five-minute break. As everyone vacated the stage, A.J. scooped up Tesia and tossed her up into the air, catching her on her way down.

Tesia shrieked with laughter as her brother tossed her up into the air a few times, and caught her before she could fall to the stage floor. Soon as he’d stopped throwing her, she wrapped her arms about his neck in a hug and gave his cheek a slobbery kiss. “C’n I sing, J.?”

“I dunno, Baby,” A.J. told her. “Have you been good today?”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded. “I no touch da keyboard!”

A.J. chuckled. “Yes, I noticed you haven’t touched the keyboard – yet.”

“No touch,” Tesia stated firmly, shaking her little head. “Trouble.”

“That’s right, Honey. You get in trouble,” A.J. nodded. He pushed her brown hair out of her eyes. “Whatcha wanna sing, Babe?”

“Backstreet Boys! Backstreet Boys!” Tesia shrieked, clapping her hands excitedly. She may’ve been five, but she’d not so long ago been four – actually, her birthday had only been last month, so she was still allowed her baby talk and thumb sucking.

“Ah, Backstreet’s Back,” A.J. smiled. “Good choice, Babe.”

“Maestro!” A.J. called. “We need some music for the Little Lady.”

The band nodded, and resumed their positions. They began to play, after having had handed two microphones over.

A.J. helped Tesia with the headset she’d been handed, and made sure her microphone was properly adjusted so that it was near enough to her mouth to hear her sing. He then placed his on, and made sure it was in order. “Go right ahead, Babe,” he smiled down at her. “You can start.”

Tesia beamed up at him, then out at the other Boys, whom were now sitting in the audience with security. She spotted Kevin, waved happily, then began to sing. “Everybody. Rock yer body. Everybody. Rock yer body right. Backsreet’s Back, alright!”

A.J. started dancing a bit then, and tried not to laugh as she attempted to copy him exactly. “Oh my God we’re back again. Brothers. Sisters, everybody sing. Gonna bring the flavour, show you how. You see! Gotta question for yah, you better answer now. Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

Everyone cracked up when the two got to the part where A.J. usually lifted up his shirt – only this time, he didn’t lift his shirt up, Tesia lifted hers up! They all laughed even harder, when they saw A.J. give a fake mortified look, and yank her shirt back down. He rolled his eyes at the audience, then chased his sister around while she still sang through giggles.

So I'm pressing on, I hope you understand by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

Girl I can’t belong and I won’t be free If I fail to bring your lovin’ back to me (Oh, back to me) So I’m pressin’ on I hope you understand There’s a broken heart that lies inside your hands

A.J. had just gotten off the phone with management – they’d yet again argued about the fact that Tesia was now on tour with the Boys. Management didn’t like it one bit, and every time they argued about it, A.J. plainly told them where they could stuff it. He loved his little sister and was not about to let anyone have him send her home before she was actually due back. Besides, if Nick could have Aaron on tour with him all the time, what was so wrong with having Tesia there? Of course, management had argued that usually Jane or Bob was there to keep an eye on Aaron, or one of the other Carter siblings – that Nick wasn’t the one who had to watch his little siblings while the Boys worked. A.J. had clearly stated that Marcus had no problem whatsoever watching Tesia, and had told him so himself. Needless to say, management was not amused by these turns of events – they were used to always getting their way – and this time would not be one of those times.

“Jay!” A little voice shrieked then - a little voice that came from his bunk on the bus.

A.J.’s head snapped up, upon hearing his sister’s frightened shriek. He abruptly stood up and hurried on back to where the bunks were – they were just before the T.V. room on the bus. He had been sitting out in the kitchen area. He reached his bunk and pulled the curtain back – he’d closed it for her earlier. “What’s wrong, Honey?”

Tesia reached up for him, and was relieved when he lifted her up, and held her close. She sobbed into his shoulder as he rubbed her back.

“You have a nightmare, T.?”

Tesia nodded slightly, head still buried into him. “Monsters…”

A.J. kissed her head lovingly. “Shh. There’s no monsters, Baby. And if there was, nobody here would let ‘em get yah.”

“Pwomise?” Tesia asked softly, lifting her head up just a bit to look at him. “You saves me?”

“Yes, Baby,” A.J. assured her. “We’d save you. You’re our Baby T.; we need you to make us laugh when we feel sad.”

“I goods at thats!” Tesia smiled slightly. She sniffled a bit. “I sits withs you an’ watch a T.V.?”

“Sure, Honey,” A.J. told her. “Just for a bit though. It’s late, and you need your beauty sleep.”

Tesia frowned at him. “I no pretty now?”

A.J. chuckled. “Baby, you’re beautiful! But you do need your sleep.”

Tesia gave him a small smile. “You pretty too.”

A.J. just laughed as he carried her into the T.V. room. “Hey guys. Look whose still up.”

The other four Boys looked up at smiled when they spotted the little girl in her brother’s protective arms. They’d heard her scream and had wondered what was wrong, but knew A.J. would beat them all there – so, technically, there was no point in any of them bothering to get up and check on her. Thus being the whole reason they were all still lounging about watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

“She okay?” Howie asked. “We heard her scream.”

“Nightmare,” A.J. answered.

“What about?” Kevin wanted to know, as A.J. took the seat on the couch next to him.

“Monsters…” Tesia whispered. “They a eats me! An’ Nicky!”

“And Nicky? Whoa!” Brian, whom was sitting over in the armchair, piped up. “That must’ve been a scary dream.”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded slowly. She loved her Nicky, and didn’t like watching him get eaten by monsters. “It scary.”

Kevin, as per usual, reached over and rubbed her back while she remained seated in A.J.’s lap. “You’re safe now, Honey. We’ll protect you.”

Tesia squirmed out of her brother’s grasp and crawled into Kevin’s lap. This was normal, so none of them were too surprised. She surprised them with what she did next though. She moved on to Howie’s lap, and looked up at him expectantly. “Kiss pwease,” was all she said.

Howie smiled down at her. “Sure, Munchkin.” He leaned down and gave her a small peck, shocking the other Boys even more. Though, he too loved Tesia, he was usually the one who got fed up with her the easiest. He wasn’t used to whiney, little girls who were big sucks and loved to be cuddled – he was used to rambunctious little boys – namely, Aaron, as he was with them more often than her. “Feel better now?”

Tesia shifted slightly, so she could give him a kiss of her own. “Uh-huh.” She then turned and reached down to where Nick sat upon the floor at Kevin’s feet. She patted his head. “My Nicky.”

“Hey! Watch the hair, Munchkin!” Nick said, moving his head out of reach of her hand.

Tesia frowned, then pouted down at him. “I saves you from monsters,” she told him. “Be nice.”

Brian chuckled. “She sure told you, Frack.”

“Shaddup, Frick,” Nick mumbled sleepily. He sat up long enough to give her a kiss. “Now, shush Munchkin. Watch Willie.”

Tesia looked at the screen then and clapped her hands, upon finding Will Smith on the screen. “Willie!” She bounced slightly in Howie’s lap, then crawled back over Kevin to her brother. “I sits here!” She confirmed.

A.J. nodded his approval. “Good choice, Babe.” He kissed her head, and wrapped his arms about her in a backwards hug.

Tesia leaned her head back against his chest, so she could look up at him – she was facing the television. “Kiss!” She said. “Pwease J.?”

A.J. smiled down at her. “Yah don’t hafta ask, Babe.” He gave her a quick peck, then covered her face in kisses, thus making her squeal with laughter. He stopped moments later. “I love you, Baby T.”

“Loves J.!” Tesia declared, then turned her eyes back to the T.V. “An’ Willie!”

A.J. laughed and let her sit in his lap, until he was ready to go to bed. Once he was tired enough to sleep, he carried her back to his bunk and set her in. then once he was only in boxers and pajama pants, he climbed up to lie next to her. He lay there stroking her small face softly, as he kissed her forehead occasionally. “I don’t know why management wants you gone, T.,” he whispered to the sleeping child next to him. “But I won’t let them or anyone else take you from me – not yet. You make me happy, Baby, more than anything else in the world. You’re my Princess too, and not just Kevin’s – though he may be the bigger softie when yah older.” He sighed. “But I will keep you here T. I shall – and that’s a promise.”

“You are the sunshine in my life… You are the apple of my eye…” A.J. sang softly, as he snuggled down under the covers and rest his head upon the pillow. He pulled her a bit closer, and gave her head one last kiss, before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep for the night.

So If I Could Change (So If I Could Change)... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

So if I could change (So if I could change) And it won’t hurt your pride (And it won’t hurt your pride) Baby you can help me stop these tears that I cry

A few days later, Tesia was looking for her brother, and was surprised to find him sitting in the back of the bus by himself. He was sitting upon the couch, and had his face buried in his hands. She wondered if he was playing peek-a-boo with somebody, and looked around. But, when she saw no one else there, she shrugged, and went on her way to where he sat.

“Jay?”

A.J. didn’t look up. “What is it, Tesia?”

Tesia frowned. Since when did he call her Tesia? She shrugged it off slightly, and held up the baggie of sugar she had found. “What this?” She asked innocently.

“What’s what?” A.J. countered, looking up. His eyes went huge and his face paled when he saw what his baby sister now held. He quickly grabbed it from her and gave her a cold look. “Where did you find this, Missy?”

Tesia now looked confused. “Yer bag,” she told him. “It a sugar!”

“No. It’s not sugar!” A.J. snapped slightly. He then thought of something – what if Tesia had tasted it? “Did you try any of this?” He demanded. He got no answer. “Answer me Tesia! Did you try any of this?”

Tesia’s eyes welled up with tears as she shook her head. She hadn’t tried any - she knew well enough to ask what something was first, before sticking it in her mouth.

A.J. heaved a huge sigh of relief, but then glared at her again. “Now, what were you doing in my bag? You know better than that!” Normally, he let her root about in his bag for as long as her little heart desired, but these days he had to make sure to retrieve the baggie she’d handed him just now, before letting her play with it.

Tesia’s bottom lip trembled. “Teddy…” She whimpered. “Wan’ Teddy…”

A.J. sighed again, feeling like a horrible brother. He stuffed the baggie deep down into his pocket, and ran his hand over his face. “I’m sorry, Honey,” he apologized. “I didn’t know you were looking for Teddy.”

Tesia sniffled. “Where he at?”

“I dunno, Babe,” A.J. told her softly. “I just – dunno.”

Tesia pouted her famous little pout – the one that always got her, her way with any of the Boys. “Help find him, J.! Pwease?”

“In a moment, Honey,” A.J. replied. “Give J. a moment to calm down.”

Tesia’s pout turned to a frown, when she noticed a tear trickle down her brother’s face – which was hidden back in his hands – and down onto the floor. “J. sad?”

“Baby, go ask Kevin to help you find Teddy, alright?” A.J. suggested.

Tesia frowned even more. He always helped her look for Teddy – always - why wouldn’t he now. She gave him a sad look, then with tears welling up in her eyes, she ran off in search of Kevin. She found him and ran for him.

Kevin scooped her up once she’d reached him. “What’s wrong, Baby?” He asked concerned, noting her tears.

“J. sad,” Tesia sniffled. “He no help find Teddy.”

“Well, maybe J. doesn’t feel well,” Kevin offered. “But I’ll help you find Teddy.”

“He cry,” Tesia told Kevin quietly. “J. no cry. J. no sad.” She rubbed at her own teary eyes.

Kevin kissed her head. “Well, why don’t we wait a moment, then go back and cheer him up, okay?”

Tesia nodded, and buried her face into Kevin’s chest, whimpering softly. She didn’t like to see her brother cry – and she didn’t like to be the cause of it either.

Meanwhile, A.J. sat in the back of the bus, fingering the baggie of white powder in his pocket. He’d never felt so relieved in his life, as he had when Tesia had assured him she hadn’t tried any. If she had, he would’ve had a lot of explaining to do – and what scared him even more, was that should she be alright, he’d probably never be allowed to see her again. And he knew if he couldn’t see her, he’d go crazy – even crazier than he already was. He loved his little sister more than anything else in the world – even his music. She was his little Angel – though, she had her devilish streaks like every other child.

“I’m such an idiot,” he thought to himself miserably. “I could’ve killed her with this shit! I gotta keep it hidden better. Dammit! I gotta remember there’s little hands here now, that will grab up every and anything they see!” He quickly retrieved his hand from the pocket that it was in, when he heard someone enter the room. He looked up only to find Kevin holding a tearful Tesia. “What’s wrong? You still can’t find Teddy?”

“She’s upset because she saw you crying,” Kevin answered, kissing the small girl’s head. “She doesn’t want you to be sad.”

A.J. sighed, and rolled his eyes ever so slightly. He stood up and retrieved her from Kevin. “Baby, you didn’t do anything wrong, okay? And don’t cry, because I had something in my eye. I love you too much to see you sad. You stay sad, and I will cry. I don’t like seeing my smiley Baby T. sad. Can I have a smile, please?” He gave her a pout of his own.

Tesia giggled slightly, and gave him the smile he had asked for. “We find Teddy?”

“Yes, Baby. We can go find Teddy,” A.J. agreed. “Long as Kevin helps.”

“Yeah!” Tesia cheered. “Kevy help!”

Kevin chuckled. “Sure. I lost the crazy eight countdown tournament anyway.”

The three of them then set off to find the missing Teddy. One wondering why the other had been upset, the other secretly upset as he thought about what could have happened – and the third, the third was just happy to have help finding their missing stuffed friend.

Your Smile by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

Girl don’t stop The sun from shining down on me ‘Cause I can’t take another day without your smile (Your smile) And if you take away the loving arms that suit around me Then I might break down and cry just like a child

A.J. sat upon the floor in the rehearsal hall, with Tesia in his lap. She had just previously awoken from a short nap, and had requested a story. Needless to say, he’d quickly obliged to her request – besides, how often was it he got to read her a story anyway? Heck, even Nick was sitting there with them for the story. Funny thing was, he had a suspicion, that Nick was enjoying this maybe just a teeny bit more than Tesia – namely, seeing as the youngest Backstreet Boy was listening attentively and not daydreaming like usual.

“Look Munchkin!” Nick said suddenly, pointing to one of the pictures in her book. “There’s five puppies now! You gonna name ‘em?”

“Uh-huh!” Tesia nodded. “They J., Kevy, Bwian, Howie…an’ Nicky!”

Nick gave her a slight pout and tickled her. “You Lil’ Devil! You were gonna forget me!”

“Nuh-uh!” Tesia argued playfully, trying to squirm away from his tickling fingers. “I no forgets my Nicky!”

Nick smiled. “Good. Just as long as you remember you said that.”

A.J. whacked Nick upside the head playfully. “No hittin’ on my kid sister, Dork.”

“Who? Me?” Nick asked innocently. “Why would I have to hit on my lil’ girlfriend, huh? Explain that one, Boner.”

“Well, true – hey! Wait a minute!” A.J. exclaimed, suddenly realizing what Nick had said. “Since when are you dating a five-year-old? My five-year-old?”

Tesia covered her mouth with her hands as she giggled; she still sat in A.J.’s lap and was finding this all highly amusing.

“Hello! Earth to Boner!” Brian, who’d happened to be walking by, said. “Frack and Frackette here having been going out since last year. Where have you been?”

“What?!?!” A.J. cried. “I don’t think so!” He looked down at the giggling child in his lap. “And just what – may I ask – is so funny, Young Lady?”

“I a gonna marry Nicky!” Tesia managed through giggles. “Buts I gots to be older…Nicky saids…”

“Gee, thanks Kaos,” A.J. groaned.

“Hey! Better me than Kevin!” Nick pointed out.

“No, better Kevin than you,” A.J. replied. “Least I know Kevin treats a lady right.”

Nick crossed his arms and pouted.

“Haha! He got yah there Frack,” Brian laughed.

“Shaddup Frick!” Nick whined.

“Act yer age, nots shoe size!” Tesia piped up then, reciting what she’d heard her brother tell Nick all the time.

A.J. raised his eyebrows, midst stifling a laugh. “Nice one, T. Now, go tell Kevin that.”

“Kevy nots lil’!” Tesia reminded him. “Nicky lil’.”

Nick scowled. “Great. I’m being harassed by a five-year-old.”

“Hey, least we know Boner’s taught her well,” Brian chuckled. “Besides, you were more into that story you guys are reading, than she is.”

Tesia gave a small gasp. “Story!” She exclaimed, bouncing in her brother’s lap, now remembering her book. “Read J.! Read! Pwease!”

Brian smirked at them both, then went off to get them some snacks from the nearby vending machine out in the hallway. He was glad everyone had agreed on a fifteen-minute break, so Tesia could have her story. Though, he knew management wouldn’t be happy to learn that, should they find it out – he knew about the problems with management, as A.J. had confided in him, seeing as he had happened to overhear a conversation he shouldn’t have.

“Now, where were we?” A.J. asked, looking back down at the book.

“Da puppies!” Tesia stated. “J., Kevy, Bwian, Howie, an’ Nicky.”

“Oh, yes,” A.J. nodded. “The Backstreet puppies.”

“Yep!” Nick agreed quickly. “Us.”

A.J. gave Nick a sidelong glance, then resumed reading Tesia – and Nick – the story of the five little ‘Backstreet’ puppies. He never really liked this story of five puppies, but it made Tesia happy – and whatever made Tesia happy was worth doing; especially if rewarded with one of her famous lopsided grins that were a carbon copy of his. Nothing could ever beat one of those – nothing.

With The Spirits Running Free, She Drove Me Wild by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves as does Marcus. Song Like A Child belongs to BSB Warning: Lil' bit of swearing, but not enough to xlass it as PG.

Like a child Just like a child With the spirits running free She drove me wild Oh, she did

“Wowie!” Tesia gasped, upon seeing the park before her. It was huge and there was lots and lots of room to run around. She loved to run!

“You like it, T.?” A.J. asked, smiling down at her. He was holding her hand and had made her promise not to let go until at the park. “Ready to run around and play?”

“YEAH!” Tesia exclaimed loudly. “We’s a play tag, J.!”

“We?” A.J. repeated. “Who said I was gonna play too?” He gave her a quick wink when she looked up, causing her to smile even more.

“C’mon!” Tesia said anxiously, yanking on his hand. “Run withs me! Kevy’s it!”

“See yah!” Nick said suddenly, as he took off running.

“Wait up Frack!” Brian called, quickly taking off after his best friend.

Howie gave a quick wave, then ran off too.

“You go to the count of three,” Kevin stated, looking down at Tesia with a smile. “After I get my kiss.”

Tesia puckered up, awaiting the kiss he wanted.

Kevin laughed, and bent down to give her the kiss he had requested. “Now, you’d better run, Kiddo.”

“Eep!” Tesia shrieked, running off with A.J. She hadn’t let go of his hand, so he had no choice but to run off with her in whatever direction she pleased – long as it wasn’t the street.

Kevin made like he was going to chase Tesia, but then suddenly did an about face and darted after Nick, who screamed – like a girl.

The other Boys doubled-over with laughter, except for Kevin, whom was still chasing Nick.

“You screams girly!” Tesia called out, hiding behind her brother.

Nick darted over to where Tesia stood hiding, and grabbed her up. “Do I now?” He asked, running off with her.

“Hey!” Tesia cried. “Put me down! I was runnin’ withs J.!”

“What if I don’t wanna?” Nick teased.

Tesia’s face clouded over, and her lower lip trembled.

Nick was too busy running to notice, until…

“Waaah!”

Everybody froze – especially Nick, who quickly set her down. “Munchkin, I was only playing,” he said softly, crouching down. “I’m sorry.”

Tesia whacked him, then ran over to her brother in tears. “Jaaay!”

A.J. crouched down now, holding her gently by her arms. He looked into her teary eyes as he spoke. “Tesia McLean, you go back over there right now and apologize to Nick for hitting him,” he ordered firmly. “If you don’t, I’m taking you back to the Hotel right this minute. You do not hit people, Young Lady.”

Tesia wriggled out of his grasp and ran for Kevin, who promptly turned her around and pointed her in Nick’s direction. She gave a wail, and ran for Nick, suddenly realizing he was the only one who was now going to pick her up.

Nick felt horrible for making her cry, and embraced her as she flew into his arms – he’d still been crouched down – partially from the shock of the fact she’d hit him – she never used to hit anybody. “Shh. Don’t cry, Munchkin,” he soothed, smoothing her hair. “Please don’t. I won’t let mean old J. take yah back. I won’t. I promise.”

A.J. rolled his eyes at Nick. How was he to teach her to behave, when Nick just contradicted everything he said with ridiculous promises? “What do you say, Tesia?” He called out from his spot.

Tesia mumbled an apology into Nick’s shoulder, as he stood up and carried her back to A.J. once seeing her brother wasn’t mad at her anymore, she reached for him. After some more sniffling and wiping her eyes on his shirt, she looked up at everyone. “Run!” She declared. “Kevy stills its!”

Everyone laughed, and quickly darted off in different directions again. A.J. eventually set Tesia back down, so she could run about freely. The six of them were having a blast, making them forget the Marcus and a handful of other security guards were watching close by, should any fans suddenly appear out of thin air.

“Well, T., you like this park?” A.J. asked. He was now sitting upon the top of the biggest slide there. He watched her nod. “You like it enough to come back again tomorrow?”

“Yeah!” Tesia cheered, grinning widely. She loved to play at parks – especially if her brother and the other Boys came to play too. Then it was really special! “Marcus play too, tomorrow?”

“We’ll see,” A.J. answered, hugging her close. “We’ll see.”

Marcus smiled from his spot under the play equipment; he was the hidden security. Meanwhile, the other Boys smiled from their various spots on the play equipment. Nick was atop the monkey bars, Brian a swing, Kevin a rocket ship thing, and Howie another slide. They all had to agree that today had been quite a lot of fun – they were actually sad to have to go back and get ready for the show later that night. They’d gotten all day off up until five o’clock – then it was off to sound check, a quick rehearsal, and finally – if lucky – dinner. Though, they of course always made sure Tesia had something healthy to eat – though sometimes that consisted of a bag of cheetos and a 5-Alive from nearby vending machines.

If Our Hearts Could Set Us Free by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Last chapter! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. AJ & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. The song Like A Child belongs to BSB. Warning: Lil' bits of swearing, but not enough to class it as PG.

Like a child (Oh baby) Just like a child Think of what our love could be If our hearts could set us free Like a child

A.J. sat upon his Hotel room floor, hoping to God that no one would walk in and catch him playing Barbies with his little sister. It was one thing for Nick to play Barbies with his sisters – but for A.J. to play Barbies? That was just right down crazy!

“C’n I have da purple dress, pease?” Tesia asked politely. “Barbie wanna wear its.”

A.J. handed her the purple dress. “Would you like purple shoes too, Miss?”

“Yes, Sir!” Tesia giggled, giving him a mock salute.

A.J. gave a small laugh and handed her the purple high heels for Barbie. “There yah go. Now, what shall Ken wear?”

“Nots Ken!” Tesia told him firmly. “It’s Kevy!”

“Oh! Well, excuse me,” A.J. said. “I thought his name was Ken. No one told me you’d changed it. And how is he Kevin without the dark hair and big eyebrows?”

“Caterpillars!” Tesia cried, using her hands to make hers go up and down. “An’ he’s Kevy ‘cause I saids so!”

“Oh, you said so, huh?” A.J. teased, still chuckling at the eyebrow thing she’d done.

Tesia stuck her tongue out at him, smiling when he did the same in return. She dressed her Barbie happily, and was careful not to lose the shoes as she put them on Barbie’s feet.

A.J. held up a suit. “Should – ah – Kevin, wear this?”

“Yes,” Tesia answered. “He gonna marry me!”

“You? I thought he was gonna marry Barbie?” A.J. joshed.

“No. Me,” Tesia replied firmly. “Barbie nots pretty ‘nough.”

“Oh, she’s not, huh?” A.J. said.

“No. Her name yicky,” Tesia informed him.

A.J. chuckled as he got ‘Kevin’ dressed in his suit. “Does he need a tie?”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded. “I gets married in purple. I likes purple.”

“I can see that,” A.J. smiled.

“J.? Why’s they call her Barbie?”

“That’s her nickname, Honey,” A.J. answered. “Her real name is Barbara Millicent. I forget her last name.”

Tesia made a face. “Don’ likes thats name. Barbie better ‘en that.”

“I’ll agree with that,” A.J. nodded.

“J.?”

“Hmm?”

“How comes Barbie’s blond?”

“Because the people who made her think the prettiest, most perfect girls are blond and have blue eyes – and long legs and…”

“Big boobies!” Tesia declared, finishing his sentence for him.

“Yes, those too,” A.J. chuckled.

Tesia frowned. “So I nots pretty ‘nough to be Barbie?”

A.J. tilted her head up, by sticking his fingers under her chin. “Baby, you are the most beautiful, precious little Angel I’ve ever seen or met in my life,” he stated sincerely. “You’re much prettier than Barbie.”

Tesia gave him a satisfied smile – being prettier than Barbie meant a lot, since Barbie was perfect. “I perfect too?”

“Yes, Baby,” A.J. rejoined. “You’re perfect just the way you are.”

Tesia leaned up for a kiss, which he quickly gave to her. She then went back to thinking as she combed Barbie’s hair out. “J.?”

“Yes, Honey?”

“Is Kevy perfect too?”

A.J. stifled a laugh. “Yep. He’s perfect too.”

Tesia really did smile then – this meant her and Kevin would be the perfect couple!

“J.?”

“Hmm?”

“How comes Barbie’s gots a bum, but Kevin’s gots shorts?”

A.J. looked up from putting ‘Kevin’s’ tie on. “What?”

“Looks,” Tesia said, showing him Barbie’s bottom. “She’s gots a bum an’ a bum crack.” She reached over to yank Ken’s pants down. “Kevin’s gots shorts an’ no bum an’ no bum crack. How comes?”

“Oh, boy,” A.J. thought. “She’s already noticing boys are different. Yikes!”

“J.?” Tesia tried again, when he didn’t answer right away. “How comes?”

“Ah – because Kevin likes to wear his bathing suit all the time,” A.J. replied quickly.

“Don’t Barbie likes to wear hers?”

“Yes, but she can’t wear it under a wedding gown, or any other dress, now can she?”

“Buts I wears mine under a dress,” Tesia pointed out. “Why nots Barbie?”

“Barbie just doesn’t like too. She prefers underwear.”

“Barbie don’ts wears hers, so her Daddy can spanks better, rights?”

A.J. shrugged. “I don’t know, Honey. I don’t think Barbie’s Daddy spanks her anymore. She’s too big to be spanked.”

“I ever gonna be too bigs to gets a spank, J.?”

“Sure!” A.J. nodded. “Some day you’ll be too big to spank. Then you’ll just get really long time-outs.”

Tesia made a face. “Don’ts likes time-out. It’s borin’.”

“Yes, well, it’s s’pose to be boring, T.,” A.J. informed her. “You’re not supposed to play when in trouble.”

“Thinks I likes to play more. No trouble,” Tesia stated. “Now, weddin time!”

A.J. gave a small sigh of relief, glad all the questions were over. He yanked ‘Kevin’s’ pants back up. “Okay, wedding time. Am I the priest?”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded. “An’ Kelly’s da flower girl.” She held up her Kelly doll. “She gots flowers too!”

A.J. watched her get Kelly ready to be the flower girl. “She ready now? She does have to walk down the aisle first, yah know.”

“I knows,” Tesia said, making Kelly walk down the imaginary aisle as she sang the Wedding March softly. “Dum, dum, da dum. Dum, dum, da dum…”

A.J. smiled as he watched her. He wished he could keep her with him for always – but management and her parents would never allow it to be so – ever. He knew just so long as she smiled lots while with him, they’d both be fine. There was nothing that made him happier than seeing her face light up with her beautiful little smile. If only he had known what was going on back at her home in Florida – and what was to come - he would’ve demanded to keep her right then and there.

Girl don’t stop (Don’t stop) The sun from shining down on me (From shining down on me) ‘Cause I can’t take another day without your smile (Oh, your pretty smile) And if you take away the loving arms that suit around me Then I might break down and cry just like a child
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3758