Never Gone by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: It's Valentine's Day and Tesia is thinking about someone she loves still.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: A.J. & Tesia Series
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 4861 Read: 7964 Published: 05/30/05 Updated: 07/21/05

1. Make Me Smile Again by LenniluvsBrian

2. Deep Inside I Know You Are by LenniluvsBrian

3. The Love You Gave by LenniluvsBrian

4. I Will See You Somewhere Down The Road Again by LenniluvsBrian

5. Always Close, Every day... by LenniluvsBrian

Make Me Smile Again by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Yes, I'm back again-lol. Also, this fic takes place after Hey, Do You Know Me. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea - & her puppies. A.J. & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: The song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys. Also, in the beginning of each chapter Tesia is ten, but after the second set of lyrics, she is whatever age stated in the first following paragraph.

I really miss you There's something that I gotta say

Ten-year-old, Tesia Lenore McLean, sat in the living room of her brother's house. She was sitting upon the couch, reading a Goosebumps book she'd gotten the day before. She was bored, and for once, not looking for anyone to play with.

"Hey, you okay?" Marcus, A.J.' trusted friend and security guard asked, entering the room. "You've been awful quiet all morning."

Tesia nodded slightly. "I'm kay," she answered softly. "Just readin'..."

"You sure?" Marcus double-checked.

Tesia nodded again. "Mm hmm."

"Alright," Marcus said. "If you need me, I'll be down in the game room."

Tesia waved him off carelessly, as she went back to her book. Moments later, she looked back up and started thinking about her father again. It'd been two months since he'd past and four months until her eleventh birthday - a birthday she wasn't so sure she wanted to come. Mostly because it would be the first without her Daddy - mean as he used to be back then.

"I wants Daddy," she thought, blinking back her tears. "It's Valentine's Day. It's our special day - the one that Mommy never knew 'bout."

Her brother and her had exchanged silly Ninja Turtles Valentine's earlier that morning, and he'd given her some gifts as well, and some chocolate to go with it all. And now, they were each doing their own separate thing - but if he'd known what today really meant to his little sister, he would've spent it by her side instead. But he didn't know, as she'd never told him - and she never would.

Tesia bit her lip, as she had a flashback, while sitting there staring overtop her book out the window across the room.

The things we did The things we said Keep coming back to me and make me smile again You showed me how, to face the truth Everything that's good in me I owe to you

Little five-year-old Tesia's lower lip trembled when her Daddy came into the room to get her. Her Mommy had gone out for the day, stating her father was going to deal with her naughtiness. This had the little girl frightened, and she whimpered as her father took her hand and led her out of her bedroom and down the stairs. The worst punishments were always downstairs. She began to wail, when she realized they were headed for the basement.

Robert McLean, mostly known as Bob, led his small child down the basement steps silently, and into a back room that had locks on it - it was where she usually got her worse punishments - though he tried to make those not too often.

Tesia tried to squirm away, now in a panic as they neared the room. She'd been relatively good today, so why was he dragging her down here? Why?

Bob said nothing, as he opened the door and dragged her in, closing and locking the door behind him. He turned the lights on, and heard a small gasp come from behind him.

Tesia gasped once the lights were turned on, as instead of a belt hanging on the wall like always - there was a small table and two chairs set up, with pretend candles and lots of goodies. She looked up at her Daddy, utterly confused as to why all this was there.

Bob just smiled at his daughter. He'd done this, as he used to take her out on this day, but since last year - after her stay with her brother - he couldn't take her anywhere, if he wanted to protect her from her mother.

"Well, what do you think?" He asked gruffly.

Tesia looked up at her Daddy and smiled. "Are they fer me?"

Bob nodded. "Yep," he answered, scooping her up and nuzzling her a bit. "Happy Valentine's Day, Honey."

Tesia squealed and threw her arms about her Daddy's neck in a great big hug. "Loves Daddy!"

Bob smiled more. "I love you too, Tesia. But you can't tell Mommy that."

"I won't," Tesia assured him. "I'ma be good an' quiet - likes a mouse!"

Bob laughed. "Alright, little mouse. Let's go eat some goodies while we can."

Tesia nodded her head eagerly, and squirmed out of his arms, and ran for the table he'd set up. "Chocolate!"

Bob sat down at the little table with her, and opened up the heart-shaped cupcakes he'd found and boughten. "Here. This can be our cake," he told her. "And these can be our candles."

Tesia giggled as her Daddy stuck Teddy Grahms atop the cupcakes, so that they were standing straight up. "Daddy silly."

Bob chuckled as he poured them each a cup of apple juice. "Here we go. This can be our fancy drink." He knew his little girl loved to play pretend - hence why she used to always play dress-up - before it had been forbidden.

Tesia grinned her lopsided grin - the grin that was identical to her brother's - and quickly dug into her cupcake and drank up her juice. "More pease, Daddy?"

"Sure, Baby," Bob smiled, pouring her some more juice. "Would you like another cupcake too? Or do you want to start in on the chocolate?"

"Chocolate!" Tesia exclaimed excitedly, as she bounced in her seat and clapped her hands. "Pease Daddy! Pease!"

Bob nodded, and opened up the box of chocolates he'd gotten for them. They had caramel centers, as he knew his baby girl loved those best.

Tesia eagerly accepted one and popped it into her mouth, savouring its deluctable taste. "Mm..."

"Well?" Bob asked.

"Yummy, Daddy! Yummy!" Tesia answered, her mouth still full.

"Now, would you like your gift? Or should we skip that?"

Tesia looked up at him. "Gift pease."

Bob smiled again as he handed her a wrapped parcel. "There you go, Honey. Open it up and see what you got."

Tesia quickly opened it up, her eyes going wide. "It a dolly, Daddy!" She crowed. "It a dolly!"

"It's Baby Tender Treasures," Bob stated, reading the box. "Want Daddy to get her out for you?"

"Uh-huh!" Tesia nodded excitedly. "Pease Daddy! Pease!"

Bob chuckled, as he took the doll back, and opened the box. Once the doll was free, he handed the baby over to his baby. "Well, is she what you wanted?"

"Uh-huh," Tesia nodded. "Tank-you Daddy."

"Don't I get a hug?" Bob queried, raising his eyebrows playfully.

Tesia jumped up and ran around the small table and into his arms with her new doll. "Tank-you! Tank-you! Tank-you!"

Bob kissed her head. "You're welcome, Baby. Now, there's some more gifts for you and your baby over in the corner."

Tesia's face light up as she hurried over to the corner and shrieked with delight, upon spotting numerous doll accessories. She immediately set her baby doll in her new stroller, and began trying to find an outfit for her baby to wear. Only problem was, there was so many to choose from, she didn't know which to pick.

Bob smiled to himself happily as he watched his pride and joy play excitedly with her new toys. He knew he'd have to keep them hidden down here, and maybe once in a while, if she wasn't too naughty, he'd bring her down to play with them.

Tesia ran back over to her Daddy, pushing her new doll in its stroller. "Daddy! You gotta helps me puts my dolly in her Valen-teen Dwess!"

Bob laughed. "Alright. Let's see this Valentine's Day dress, Honey. Does it match this one?" He pulled one out from behind him.

Tesia squealed, as she realized it was for her. "Daddy! I wanna looks pwetty too!"

Bob shook his head, trying not to laugh more, as he helped his little girl into her new Valentine's Day dress. He then helped her dress her doll, so that the two of them matched. It was an adorable sight - one he'd never forget. He also had a video camera hidden, so he could remember these moments and just why he loved his little girl so much. He was afraid he'd forget otherwise, and he didn't want to forget the fact he loved her.

Deep Inside I Know You Are by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Hey! Hope y'all are enjoying this fic! Here's the next chapter. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: The song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys. Also, in the beginning of each chapter Tesia is ten, but after the second set of lyrics, she is whatever age stated in the first following paragraph.

Though the distance that's between us now may seem to be too far It will never separate us deep inside I know you are

Tesia smiled to herself as she thought of all the other Valentine's Days the two of them had secretly shared. Her Daddy could be nice when he wanted to be - it just hadn't been all that often he was very nice. She sighed wistfully, as she silently wished her Daddy were still here, so they could share those silly cupcakes again.

"Daddy's cupcakes," she murmured to herself softly.

She'd never told anyone - not even her brother - about those Valetine's Days her and her father had spent together down in that back room in the basement. They'd had to hide in there, so her mother wouldn't find out and blow a gasket. Though, it pained her to not be able to play with her toys all the time, like she wanted.

She set her book down upon the couch and got up then, going up to her room, and rooting about in her toy chest. She smiled when she found what she'd been looking for, and picked it up, hugging it close.

"Hi dolly," she whispered to the tiny Treasure Tender's doll in her arms. "I missed you."

She sat there on her knees, rocking her baby doll for what seemed to be forever, but was actually only a few minutes.

"I'ma put you in your cradle," she told the doll, going over to the doll's cradle her brother had gotten her. "You can sleep here while I find you some socks."

She carefully and gently lay her doll in the cradle, then rooted about for some socks for her baby. In the midst of her search, she found a blanket and covered her doll up, smiling softly.

"You needs a lullabye, don'tcha?" She smiled tenderly. "I'ma sings you Daddy's song..."

"Daddy's girl, I'm the center of Daddy's world. I know I'm Daddy's number one, for he loves me like I was his son. Daddy's girl..."

Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Six-year-old Tesia came flying through the front doors of the house, knowing she could because her mother was on vacation.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She shrieked. "Guess whats! Guess whats!"

"What?" Bob asked, entering the hallway. "What are you screaming about?"

Tesia froze, upon hearing his tone. "I gots an' 'A' on my spellin' test..."

Bob smiled warmly at her. "That's great, Honey. You wanna go celebrate?"

"Really?" Tesia asked hopefully. "No spankin' for this mornin'?"

Bob thought a moment. "No. Not right now. If you act up again, yes. But right now, no."

"YEAH!" Tesia cheered. "Wanna gets ice cream, Daddy! Ice cream!"

"Ice cream, huh?" Bob said, scooping the excited child up into his arms. "What kind?"

"Tornado!" Tesia exclaimed, clapping her hands delightedly.

Bob laughed and carried her out to the car and strapped her in. He then drove out of town, just to get them some ice cream. He'd taken them somewhere he knew they'd never be spotted.

"Where are we, Daddy?" Tesia queried from the backseat. "Where's ice cream?"

Bob parked the car and got her out. "The ice cream's inside," he replied.

He got her out of the car and carried her inside the worn-down building, though it looked quite nice inside.

"Wow!" Tesia gasped, upon seeing all the ice cream flavours they had. "They gots Tornado, Daddy?"

"Yes, Honey," Bob nodded. "I checked the last time I was here."

"You comes withouts me, Daddy?"

"To make sure it was good enough, for my baby."

Tesia smiled. "Bigs ice cream?"

Bob nodded. "Sure. You can have a big ice cream - but you'd better eat it."

"I wills!" Tesia assured him.

Bob got them their ice cream cones, and the two sat down to eat. Once done, he cleaned her up as best he could at the moment, and took her back out to the car.

"Where we go now Daddy?" Tesia asked, before sticking her tongue out to show him her now blue tongue.

"You'll see Tesia. Just be patient."

Tesia was as patient as could be while her Daddy drove them along roads she'd never seen before in her young life.

"We there yets, Daddy?" She asked finally. "We drives forever!"

Bob parked the car once more, and got her out again. "Yes, we're here."

Tesia's eyes went wide. "It a park!" She squealed. "Daddy! It a park!"

Bob chuckled. "Yes, Tesia. It's a park. Go play."

"You plays too, Daddy?" Tesia questioned, giving him a hopeful look.

"Yes," Bob responded. "I'll play too."

Tesia gave a whoop of joy, then dragged her Daddy off to the big red slide.

The Love You Gave by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's another new chapter. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: The song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys.

I walk alone, these empty streets There is not a second you're not here with me The love you gave, the grace you've shown Will always give me strength and be my corner stone So how you found a way to see the best I have in me As long as time goes on, I swear to you that you will be

Once Tesia had left her baby doll to sleep, she went back downstairs, only to find her two puppies playing tug-of-war with one of her father's slippers.

"Hey!" She cried. "Drops that! That's Daddy's!"

The dogs looked up, sensing the tone in her voice. They watched quietly, as she yanked the slipper up and tossed it onto the couch atop her Goosebumps book that still lay there.

"C'mon. I'll takes yah to the park," she told them.

The two little dogs yapped excitedly and immediately trampled one another to get to the front door.

Tesia shook her head, and followed them quietly. She hooked them up to their leashes, then left the house without telling anybody first, like she was supposed to.

The puppies barked at everything in sight, and toppled over one another playfully, as they sniffed along the sidewalk they were being taken down. They loved going for walks!

Tesia had never felt more alone in her life, than she did at that very moment, walking her puppies along the empty streets. It didn't help matters either, that she'd only ever left the house once before by herself.

Snoopy, and Jazzy, the dogs, stopped only long enough to crap or whiz on somebody's lawn, then would stroll along again. Snoopy was a daschund - and the older puppy, and Jazzy a little ball of white fur - they couldn't remember what she was.

Tesia groaned and rolled her eyes as she watched them use the bathroom.

"Walks faster, an' maybe nobody will knows it was us."

The small dogs obeyed, as if they knew what she meant, leaving their owner to her thinking.

Tesia sighed heavily. "Let's just go 'round the block, then home. I don't wanna go to the park no more."

The three companions - two mutts, and one little girl - strolled about the block - alone and silent - until they were back on their street again.

"Wish Daddy were here. He was s'pose to help me gets my puppies to do tricks."

Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Seven-year-old Tesia was home alone - or so she thought. She was swimming about in the backyard pool, minding hero wn business.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" An angry voice demanded.

"Swimmin'," Tesia answered cautiously, moving close to the side, in case she was told to get out.

"Get out of there!" Bob roared. He'd been scared beyond belief to find his little girl alone in the pool.

Tesia quietly got out, and stood with her head hung.

"Now, get over here!" Bob ordered.

Tesia moved to stand before her father, still staring down at her feet.

Bob took a deep breath, as he eyed the dripping wet child warily. He said nothing, as he grabbed the child by the arm, and whipped her around, planting a good solid smack upon her bottom.

Tesia yelped and began to cry immediately. "Ow!"

"You know better, Tesia Lenore!" He yelled. "You do not go in the pool by yourself! You ask me first!"

"Buts you never lets me go in!" Tesia wailed. "I wanna swim, Daddy!"

Bob smacked her bottom again. "That's no excuse! You could drown if you go in alone! Dammit!"

"Ow!" Tesia cried again. "Buts I wanna swim! An' I'm a good swimmer!"

"Tesia! Just follow the rules from now on! Good swimmer or not!" Bob barked, giving her another resounding smack.

Tesia jumped this time, and tried to squirm away, as she felt her Daddy pushing the bottom of her bathing suit into her butt crack. It was obvious then, that she was going to get a bare bottomed spanking now.

"No! Daddy! No!" Tesia wailed, still trying to get away. "I'ma stay outta the pool! I promise!"

"You need to learn, Tesia," Bob stated firmly, as he led her over to a chair, then eased her over his lap after he'd sat upon it. "I'm not going to let you think it's okay to swim by yourself. I do not want to come home one day, only to find you drowned."

"Buts Daddy!" Tesia tried to protetest.

Bob suddenly brought down a few good hard slaps across her seat without any warning, causing her to shriek.

Tesia kicked and screeched as she felt more hard spanks reign down firmly upon her upturned bottom.

"OWW!" She howled. "DADDY! OWW!"

Bob kept at it for a few moments longer, and once her bottom was a nice healthy shade of pink, he stopped just as abruptly as he'd started. He then fixed her bathing suit so that it was proper once more.

"Now, you are to sit at the edge of the pool and not move an inch until I've come back out and said so. Understood?"

Tesia nodded wistfully, as she wiped at her eyes.

Bob gave her one more sharp slap to the backside, then returned to the inside of the house.

Tesia quietly sat on the hard pavement next to the pool, shifting and whimpering, as it was killing her now tender bottom. She sniffled quietly, and rubbed at her eyes.

Bob returned a little while later, now sporting his bathing suit as well.

"Alright," he began, "you can swim with me now, if you promise me you'll never going swimming alone again. If I catch you out in this pool by yourself ever again, I'll beat your ass Tesia. I mean it."

"Yes, Daddy," Tesia answered through sniffles and tears. "I won'ts goes in no more. I promise."

Bob nodded, then jumped into the pool and signalled for her to get in as well. The two of them played about in the pool until an hour before her mother was to come home.

I Will See You Somewhere Down The Road Again by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, I'm back - despite the lack of reviews. But, I understand y'all got finals & stuff this time of year. Also understand that some of yah are already on summer vacation. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J., & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: Song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys.

If theres one thing I believe I believe I will see you somewhere down the road again

Tesia unhooked her puppies from their leashes after closing the front door behind them. She then hung the leashes up, and decided to go see what her brother was up to now.

A.J. was downstairs playing pool with Marcus, as Paris kept score for them - there'd be no cheating this way. He smiled when he looked up and spotted his litle sister standing in the doorway watching them.

Tesia had been watching them play silently, and smiled slightly when she saw her brother look up and flash her a smile.

"Whose winnin'?" She asked softly, entering the room quietly. Normally, she was loud and rambunctious.

"Me," Marcus grinned.

"Yeah. Only 'cause he's cheatin'," A.J. piped up. "Come watch T. You can tell me whose really winning then. I think he's paid Paris to say he's winning."

Tesia gave a small laugh. "I'ma say Marcus' winnin'," she told her brother. "'Cause he's scarier 'en you, an' 'cause he's hot."

"Hey!" A.J. pouts. "Not fair! I'm hot too!"

"Maybe," Tesia smiles secretively. "But you'll never knows."

A.J. lets his jaw drop open. "You - You! Aha hahaha!"

Tesia's eyes went wide and she screeched as he chased her about the room. "JAY! DON'TS!"

A.J. soon managed to grab hold of her, and began to tickle her mercilessly.

"Aha hahahaha!" Tesia laughed. "JAY!"

A.J. smirks. "Now, whose winning Baby T.? Huh? Who?"

"MARCUS!" Tesia yelled out through giggles.

"Ah! As if!" A.J. says, still tickling her like crazy.

Tesia shrieked with laughter, as she squirmed about in her brother's arms. They were both still standing, so he was basically holding her up as well as tickling her endlessly.

Marcus and Paris smiled and laughed as they watched the two mess around, totally forgetting the pool game that had been going on.

Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Eight-year-old Tesia lay asleep in her bed, caught up in yet another nightmare. She awoke, screaming like crazy.

"DADDY!" She screamed. "DADDY!"

Bob came flying into the room, looking anything but amused.

"WHAT!?!" He roared.

Tesia stopped her screaming and began to whimper, as tears streamed down her small, scared face.

"Sorry," she managed to choke out.

Bob sighed heavily, and came over to sit on the side of her bed, after closing the door behind him.

"What's wrong, Tesia?"

"I-I hads a nightmare," she admitted sheepisly. "I'm sorry..."

Bob reached over and moved a strand of hair out of her eyes. "What about this time?"

"J. didn'ts loves me no more, an'-an' you lefts me for goods an' never cames to sees me ats all!"

Bob rubbed her face softly, with his calloused hand - a hand that was usually spanking the child's bottom good and hard.

"Tesia, your brother loves you very much," he assured her. "He's forever calling, though we never pick up the phone. But, when I do pick it up to yell at him, he asks how you are."

"Why can'ts I talks to him, Daddy?"

"Your mother would find out and you'd be in lots and lots of trouble, Tesia. Trouble I wouldn't be able to get you out of. You know Daddy's only mean because he has to be."

"Why can'ts I lives withs J.? Thens Mommy couldn'ts be mean an' makes you mean."

"Because I would miss you too much. I love you and want you close by, so that I can see you when I am home."

"Buts you always yells an' sends me up here," Tesia reminded him softly.

"Because I have to, Tesia. I don't always want to, but I have to, to keep you safe."

"Thens why can'ts we leaves, Daddy?"

"Because I love your Mommy," Bob answered gently.

Tesia sighed heavily, as she reached up to rub at her eyes with her one fist. "Buts she's mean."

"I know, Baby. I know," Bob nodded.

Tesia moved to crawl into his lap, and snuggled into him, when she realized he wasn't going to yell at her for it.

Bob hugged her close and kissed her head. He rocked her for a bit, comforting her as best he could without having to speak too much. If they made too much noise they would be found, and his little girl would be as good as dead.

After a while, Tesia fell asleep in her Daddy's arms, snuggled up close to him.

Once he was sure she was asleep, Bob kissed her head once more, and spoke softly.

"Tesia, always remember, though I may never get another chance to say it again, I love you. I always will, Baby."

Bob then placed his sleeping daughter back into her bed and tucked her in. He then headed for the door, and paused a moment to listen to her snore softly. He then walked out the door, closing and locking it behind him - he'd unlock it for her in the morning after her mother had left.

Always Close, Every day... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: So sorry I took so long to update! I honestly forgot about this last bit! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J., & Bob own themselves, as does Marcus & Paris. Thank-you. Note: Song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys.
Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Nine-year-old Tesia looked back, as she walked back into the house. Her father had to go away on a business trip and had no choice but to leave her behind with her mother. He'd ordered her to stay outside for as long as she possibly could.

"Why do I gotta stays outside?" Tesia wondered aloud softly. "I'm never alloweds outside."

Tesia sat in the grass by the end of their driveway, playing with a bouncy ball her father had given her before he'd gotten into his car. She wasn't bouncing it high though, as then her mother would spot it and take it away from her for good. She'd also be in a whole whack of trouble for playing, like all the other kids on the street got to.

"Boing, boing, boing," Tesia said to herself over and overas she bounced her ball. "Wish I could 'boing' you higher."

She sat there for quite a while, until a delivery truck pulled up and a man got out.

"Are you Tesia McLean?" He asked.

"Yes," Tesia answered cautiously. "Why?'

The man didn't reply, as he rooted about in the back of the van.

"This is for you then," he stated a few moments later.

Tesia looked at him wide-eyed as she accepted the single white rose, with a card attached to it.

"Huh? How comes I'm gettin' a flower?"

"Read the card, Kid," the man answered, before getting back into his truck and driving off.

Tesia frowned as she hid behind a bush, and opened up the little card.

To Tesia, My favourite little girl who always brings a smile to my face - though I never let her know it. Love, Daddy xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Tesia smiled as she read the card. She then looked at the flower again, and brought it to her nose to smell it. She took a deep breath, and breathed it's lovely scent in.

"Daddy's smart," she thought. "He knows I likes flowers."

It was true. Her Daddy was a smart man - when it came to herand flowers anyway. He knew her well enough, to know that the white roses were her absolute favourite - as were yellow tulips - but the white roses especially.

"Thank-you, Daddy," Tesia whispered to the air and nature around her. "I loves my flower."

And luckily for her, she never got caught with it either - she was also able to sneak him a hug of thanks once he'd returned from his trip two days later.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4266