Who Needs The World by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: A little girl visiting her favourite - and only - brother, whom she loves dearly.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: A.J. & Tesia Series
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 3606 Read: 11008 Published: 07/16/05 Updated: 07/21/05

1. I stare at your face, Into your eyes by LenniluvsBrian

2. Who Needs The World by LenniluvsBrian

3. Seems Like My Only Truth Is You by LenniluvsBrian

4. Switch Off The Sun, The Stars, & The Moon by LenniluvsBrian

5. I Don't Know by LenniluvsBrian

6. I've All I Need Inside Of This Room by LenniluvsBrian

I stare at your face, Into your eyes by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Hey y'all! Yet another installment for my Tesia series. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: The song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Yeah, Oh
I stare at your face
Into your eyes
Outside there's so much passing us by
All of the sounds
All of the sights
Over the earth and under the sky
Too much cold and too much rain
Too much heartache to explain

Seven-year-old Tesia Lenore McLean sat straddling her brother's lap. They'd been watching T.V. when she'd suddenly turned and straddled him to ask him a question.

"J?"

"Hmm?" Alexander McLean - A.J. of the Backstreet Boys - answered, prying his eyes from the television to the seven-year-old child in his lap.

Tesia cocked her head to the side, staring at his face intently. "Am I bad?"

A.J. looked confused a moment. "No Honey. You're not bad. Naughty sometimes, but not really bad."

"What's the difference?" Tesia queried curiously.

"Bad is hurting someone purposely when you know it's wrong," A.J. replied. "Naughty is hurting someone, but not on purpose."

"Oh," Tesia says softly, looking down again.

"Why? Who told you, you were bad?"

"Nobody," Tesia whispered.

A.J. lifted her chin up with his hand, and stared into her eyes, as if searching for the truth. "T. you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

Tesia nodded slightly. "Uh-huh."

"And you know I love you very much, right Baby T.?"

Tesia nodded again.

"Look at me Tesia, please."

Tesia looked up into her brother's eyes, as she'd looked away after her first nod.

"I love you and I'll do everything in my power to protect you, Tesia. But I can't protect you from what scares you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"Mommy said I'm bad, an' Daddy agreed," Tesia told him softly. "An' I only asked where babies come from."

A.J. sighed. God knew he hated the woman their father had married - the only good that came from that marriage was sitting in his lap at that very moment. Luckily for him though, he didn't have to live with the man - or the dreadful woman he had married.

"Baby, you're not bad. You may be naughty sometimes, but you're still my angel, okay?"

Tesia sniffled some. "Promise?"

"Always," A.J. smiled, rubbing her face with his hand that still cupped her chin.

Tesia nuzzled his hand like a puppy would, seeking the comfort it gave her. Lone tears streamed down her face, though they were unwanted.

A.J. sighed and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. He placed his forehead against hers. "I love you, Tesia. Very much."

Tesia whimpered, and stared into her brother's loving brown eyes. "Loves you more, Alex."

A.J. smiled again, their foreheads still touching. "Now, where's that smile I love?"

Tesia gave him a small lopsided grin that matched his perfectly.

"There's my beautiful little Angel," A.J. said, kissing her nose.

Tesia giggled a little bit. "You're beautiful-er."

A.J. laughed. "Alright. If you say so, Baby T."

"I already did say so, J.!" Tesia reminded him.

"Aha! Attack of the tickle monster!" A.J. exclaimed, tickling his little sister.

Tesia shrieked with laughter as she squirmed about on his lap, forgetting all her worries momentarily. "Aha hahaha!"

"Hey! That's my laugh!" A.J. cried, tickling her even more, as she twisted about in an attempt to get away. "Muah hahahaha!"

Tesia was hysterical, as her brother made like he was eating her stomach. She'd always loved that best when she'd been just a baby, and she still loved that best now too.

Who Needs The World by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: It's Raul whose the evil security guard - not Marcus. Marcus is hot & I love him, though I've never met him - yet. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the world when I've got you
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I've all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I've got you

A.J. tucked the little girl into bed later that night, as she'd fallen asleep in his lap watching a Disney movie. He still didn't know about the monsters that came to her every night. Nor did he know about the ones back home who beat the innocent child. He was oblivious to it all, as she'd never told him about what really went on. He only knew that there was something that she wouldn't tell him, and that it was bothering her greatly.

"Love you, Baby T.," A.J. murmured, kissing her little head. "Sleep tight. No bed bugs tonight."

Tesia rolled over in her sleep, only to find her beloved Teddy and snuggle him close instinctively.

A.J. chuckled, as she'd always slept with that bear he'd given her years ago.

"Goodnight to you too, Teddy," he said softly, ruffling the bear's head somewhat.

Once she was tucked in good, he sat there watching her for a few moments, before getting up and going back downstairs.

Tesia awoke a while later, terrified when she couldn't remember where she was, and realized she'd been left in the dark. She summed up all her courage, and slid out of her bed. She then padded out into the hall, with Teddy clutched vastly to her chest.

"J?" She whispered just barely. It was pure instinct she call for her brother when scared. Seeing lights on downstairs, that's where she headed. She frowned though, finding no one there. Shrugging, she headed down to the basement, as she was sure she could hear music down there.

"Please don't be a trap," she thought to herself.

Tesia breathed a sigh of relief, when she heard her brother singing from inside of his basement studio. She quietly padded into the room, and stood watching him in silence.

A.J. felt someone staring at him, and looked up towards the door. He was surprised to find Tesia standing there instead of Marcus - his friend and security guard.

"Hey, Baby," he smiled softly. "Can't sleep?"

Tesia shook her head, and ran to him when he opened his arms for a hug.

A.J. lifted the child into his lap after giving her a comforting hug. He watched her snuggle into him, then kissed her head.

"Missed me, huh?"

Tesia nodded without a word.

"Not gonna talk now, are you?" He asked, tickling her a little bit.

Tesia squirmed and smiled up at him sleepily. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Aha! She can talk!" A.J. exclaimed, tickling her a bit more.

Tesia giggled.

"I'm working on a song," he told her, once he'd stopped the tickle monster attack.

"C'n I help?" Tesia asked hopefully, glancing up at him.

"Sure!" A.J. smiled. "Can you sing?"

"Uh-huh!" Tesia nodded. "Daddy just won't let me, 'cause he says it's naughty."

A.J. scoffed. "Pfft. Naughty my...*ahem*..." He trailed off.

Tesia giggled again. "You're silly."

"Thank-you," A.J. answered. "Now, what can you sing?"

"Anything!" Tesia told him. "Long as I know the words."

"Well, let's try what I'm working on then, okay?"

"You gots words?"

"Yep," A.J. nodded, handing her the lyrics. "Now, let's go stand in the booth Kiddo."

Tesia slid off his lap and led the way into the recording booth, Teddy never once leaving her arms.

"Now, all you have to do is sing into the microphone," A.J. explained.

"I know!" Tesia told him.

"Well, if you know then..." A.J. winked. "Sing."

Tesia put the headphones on, and started to sing what was on the sheet of paper in her hand.

A.J. listened proudly for a few minutes, then joined in, their voices blending together perfectly - well, as perfectly as they can for a seven-year-old and a twenty-two year-old.

Seems Like My Only Truth Is You by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: Hope y'all are enjoying this installment to my Tesia series. I know I sure enjoyed writing it. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Oh no no
I walk on the street
Talk in the dark
I see people's dreams just falling apart
I open my arms
I tried to be true
Seems like my only truth is you
Am I wrong
Or am I right
All I want is you tonight

Tesia was a bundle of energy the next morning, despite her lack of sleep. She'd had fun singing with her brother in the studio last night, and was now skipping about the kitchen.

"J.!"

"T.!"

Tesia giggled. "C'n we go to the park?"

"Sure, Honey," A.J. replied. "Just let me finish my breakfast."

"Kay," Tesia answered.

"Go get your shoes and jacket, Silly."

"Kay!" Tesia chirped, running off to get her stuff. "C'n Teddy come?"

"Sure, Kiddo!" A.J. called back.

Tesia hurried about, remembering to grab her Teddy Bear, while A.J. ate his breakfast.

"Let's go!" A.J. shouted a few minutes later. "I'm going to leave without yah!"

"No!" Tesia cried, flying down the stairs.

A.J. quickly moved to catch her as she tripped over the last step. He scooped her up, and swung her onto his shoulders.

"No more running on the stairs, Runt."

"I'm not a runt!" Tesia argued, ducking as they went out the front door.

"Alright," A.J. agreed easily. "You're a flying bunny rabbit."

Tesia giggled. "Bunnies don't fly, Silly. Duckies fly!"

"Fine. A duck then," A.J. smirked.

Tesia dangled down over his head to look at him. "You're a big duckie then, kay?"

"Okay," A.J. grinned, as he reached the park. It was only a little ways from his house. He flipped her over his head, and made like he was eating her stomach.

Tesia squealed with laughter, and was still laughing when he set her down.

"Go play," A.J. smiled, giving her bottom a playful smack.

Tesia giggled and ran off with her Teddy, heading straight for the slide.

A little while later, Tesia called for her brother.

"Come play J.!"

A.J. had been watching her play, as he knew she didn't get too often - though, he knew little more than that about her home life.

"I'm coming. I'm coming," he answered, jogging over to the jungle gym, where she sat perched on top.

Tesia smiled brightly at him as he sat next to her. "I like the jungle gym."

"I noticed," A.J. smiled back. "But I know you like the swings best."

Tesia nodded. "Uh-huh. You c'n fly on 'em."

"Yep. That you can," A.J. agreed. "But the jungle gym's still my favourite. I always liked being able to climb like a monkey."

Tesia scrunched her nose up as she giggled. "You were a monkey J.?"

"According to my Momma, yes," A.J. replied. "I remember some of it too."

"Race yah to the swings!" Tesia exclaimed suddenly, as she hopped down.

A.J. laughed and chased after her. "Cheater!"

"I don't cheat!" Tesia laughed, sitting herself upon a swing. "I just win!"

A.J. moved to stand behind her, and gave her a push.

"Well, as long as you win, it's alright then," he chuckled. "But only when racing, okay?"

"Okay!" Tesia chirped, pumping her legs as he pushed her even higher.

A.J. gave her an underdog then - where you lift the swing and the person on it right over your head and run right underneath, not letting go until you're completely out from under them.

Tesia shrieked happily, as her swing was now going so high, it was close to going over the top bar.

A.J. moved away some, to watch her swing - and so he wouldn't get hit. He smirked as he saw her swing start to go sideways and twist some - always the result on an underdog.

Tesia jumped off the sing once it was low enough, then ran for him with her Teddy clutched in her hand.

A.J. opened his arms and scooped her up. "Well, had enough?"

Tesia nodded breathlessly. "Uh-huh." She paused a moment. "I was really high J.!" She told him, as though he had missed this. "Did yah see me?"

"Yes, Baby," A.J. chuckled. "I saw."

Tesia smiled as her brother kissed her head. "C'n we gets ice cream J.?"

"Sure," A.J. grinned. "I could use some - Momma says I'm too skinny."

Tesia giggled. "You are too skinny! Like a toothpick! Hehe."

"Hey!" A.J. exclaimed, tickling her some more.

Tesia squealed with laughter like always, when tickled.

Switch Off The Sun, The Stars, & The Moon by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the world when I've got you
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I've all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I've got you

The two of them where sitting at the ice cream shop, happily eating their ice cream cones. Tesia had gotten Triple Tornado, and A.J. had gotten Hershey's Cookies and Cream.

"What we gonna do next?" Tesia asked, as she licked away at her ice cream happily.

"What do you want to do?" A.J. asked her. "I'm free for the whole day."

"Really?" Tesia said, her eyes lighting up. "You're all mine today? I don't gots to share yah none?"

"All yours, Baby T.," A.J. smiled, as he licked at his cone.

"C'n we go shopping?" Tesia wanted to know. "I like to shop!"

"Yes, I know that you do," A.J. replied. "And yes, we can go shopping."

"Yay!" Tesia cheered loudly.

"Not so loud, please," A.J. told her. "Don't want to alert fans, now do we?"

"No!" Tesia exclaimed quickly. "You're mine today."

A.J. nodded. "What do you want to look at while there?"

"Toys!" Tesia answered.

"Oh, right. Silly me," A.J. chuckled. "Of course you want to look at toys."

Tesia giggled. "An' clothes. Love clothes!"

A.J. smirked. "Oh, really?"

"Uh-huh!" Tesia nodded. "'Specially hats!"

"Is that why you keep stealing mine?" A.J. queried playfully.

Yep!" Tesia grinned. "You gots crazy hats!"

"Well, maybe we should see about getting you your own crazy hat."

"Really?"

"It's what I just said, is it not?" A.J. smiled.

"Sweet!" Tesia squealed, eating up the last of her ice cream cone. "Let's go!"

"Well, let's get you cleaned up a bit first," A.J. chuckled. "You don't want to get everything all sticky, now do you?"

"Nope!" Tesia grinned cheesily. "I'ma go gets cleaned up!"

"Alright. Hurry back," A.J. told her. He chuckled to himself as he watched her skip off towards the bathroom. "Crazy kid. Too much like me."

I Don't Know by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Only one more chapter to go, I believe. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the stars so bright, and the grass so green, and the morning light
Who needs the wind to blow and the tide to rise
Who needs it...I don't know
I don't know
Yeah

"C'mon J.!" Tesia shouted, running ahead of him a bit, then back again. "C'mon!"

A.J. laughed. "I'm coming Baby T. I can only go so fast."

"You'd go faster if fans were chasing you," Tesia accused.

A.J. rolled his eyes some. "Tesia, we've been over that."

"I know," Tesia grumbled. She kicked at the ground some.

"Hey, cheer up," Marcus told her, as he'd been called once the two-some had decided to go to the mall.

"I am cheered up," Tesia answered. "Just don't lose Teddy."

Marcus held the stuffed bear up. "See? He's safe."

Tesia nodded, and grabbed hold of her brother's hand, wanting to hurry him up.

A.J. shrugged and let himself be dragged by his little sister. He was enjoying himself greatly, but wouldn't admit it. He knew people would see him as a sap, while others would see him as a great man. But, to Tesia, he was a hero. Though he didn't feel worthy.

Marcus nudged A.J., when he saw him smiling to himself. "You're enjoying this more than you let on, McLean."

A.J. gave him a sheepish grin. "Anything to remain a hero in her eyes. Though, I don't think I deserve the title."

"McLean, to her, you're the world," Marcus told him quietly. "She's deemed you worthy of any and all compliments that anyone cares to dish out."

"But why?"

"'Cause you're fun!" Tesia answered, having had been listening in. "You're nice. You makes me laugh. An' you play - that's most important."

A.J. picked her up and kissed her head. "Because I play, huh?"

"Uh-huh," Tesia nodded. "An' you scares away the monsters real good too."

"Yep, that I do," A.J. smiled.

Tesia smiled back. She almost told him right then and there about her monsters - the ones he didn't know about. But, she spotted Teddy then, safely held in Marcus' arms, and decided she'd best keep quiet if she wanted him to stay safe. Anything for her beloved Teddy.

"Toys?"

"Toys!" Tesia nodded, kissing his nose. "C'n I gets a doll, J.?"

"Well, it all depends," A.J. teased.

"On what?" Tesia wanted to know.

"If I can get another kiss or not," A.J. replied.

Tesia giggled and gave him a kiss. "Loves you J."

"Love you too, Baby T. And you can get the doll," A.J. smiled. "And both of you can get some clothes too."

"Sweet!" Tesia exclaimed happily, throwing her arms about his neck and giving him a hug. "Thank-you!"

A.J. chuckled. "Don't thank me yet. You still haven't gotten anything."

Tesia just gave him a kiss and pointed him in the direction of the toy store.

A.J. obliged willingly, giving Marcus a Look to shut him up.

Marcus just smiled to himself, as he walked with the two towards the toy store, Tesia's Teddy Bear still safe and snug in his arms. He knew A.J. was crazy about the kid, and knew the kid adored her brother - but neither would admit it to its full extent.

I've All I Need Inside Of This Room by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: Last chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed this fic! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the world when I've got you
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I've all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I've got you

Tesia sat upon a stool at the breakfast counter in the kitchen later that day. She was playing with her new doll, her Teddy sitting next to her in his own chair.

"She dressed for dinner yet?" A.J. asked, as he turned the stove on.

"No. Not yet," Tesia answered. "I gots a naughty baby."

"Why's she naughty?" A.J. queried.

"She won't put her dress on, likes I want," Tesia replied.

A.J. chuckled. "Well, that is naughty then."

Tesia nodded. "Aha! Gots her in it!"

"Well, that's good. She decided to be a good girl, like her Mommy."

Tesia smiled. "I'm good, J.?"

"Sure are," A.J. smiled back. "You've been very good today. I'd say that calls for some chocolate as dessert later."

Tesia's smile turned into a grin at that. Her brother only let her have chocolate as a treat - he wouldn't let her eat too much, as he didn't want for her to get sick.

"No tummy aches though, right?"

"Right," A.J. agreed, putting the hotdogs into the pot of water he had on the stove.

Tesia began to brush her doll's hair then.

A.J. looked over at her. "Hey! No combing hair in my kitchen!" He exclaimed playfully. "Git! Git!"

Tesia giggled as she was lifted down off her stool, and her bottom was given a playful spank. She ran out into the hallway, and combed her doll's hair there.

"Where'd Marcus go?" She asked through giggles.

"I'm here," Marcus answered coming to stand behind her.

Tesia looked up at him. "You like mac 'n' cheese?"

"Sure do!" Marcus smiled. "Especially if your brother's cooking."

"Watch it," A.J. told him. "Or you won't get any."

Tesia tugged on Marcus' shirt, until he looked down at her. "I'll give you some of mine, if J. don't gives you none."

Marcus kissed her forehead. "Thank-you. But I'm sure that won't be necessary, will it McLean?"

A.J. laughed. "We'll see Johnson."

Tesia finished brushing her doll's hair, and resumed her spot upon the stool at the breakfast counter.

"She's ready," she informed her brother.

"Does she have a name?" A.J. asked, as he set about making the macaroni and cheese.

"Tilly!" Tesia answered.

"Well, Tilly, have you and Mommy washed your hands and set the table?" A.J. asked.

Tesia giggled. "J.! That's your job!"

"Hey!" A.J. said, turning and pointing towards the door. "My only job is to make you wash your hands. Now, git."

"Meanie," Tesia grumbled, taking her doll to go wash their hands.

A.J. chased her out of the kitchen, causing her to laugh once more. He turned back to Marcus with a smile on his face. "Not a word."

Marcus chuckled, but nodded nonetheless.

Tesia returned moments later, and placed the utensils and napkins on the table, along with the ketchup. "All done!"

"Come and get it!" A.J. called playfully.

Tesia ran over and watched him fill up her plate with mac 'n' cheese, and hotdogs. "Don't forget Teddy an' Tilly!"

"Oh, right. Silly me," A.J. said, handing the stuffed dear and doll each a small plate of food. "Eat up or no dessert."

Tesia laughed and gave Teddy and Tilly each a napkin, so they wouldn't make a mess. She then took her plate and sat at the table to eat.

Marcus followed suit, sitting across from the little girl, he too adored. "Taste good? Your brother didn't poison us, did he?"

"Ah! Poison!" Tesia shrieked playfully, pretending she was poisoned.

"Hey, I would not poison my own food!" A.J. exclaimed, sitting down next to her. "Therefore, yours isn't poisoned either, Kid."

Tesia giggled and sat back up properly. "I know. Just teasin'." She leaned over and gave his cheek a kiss.

A.J. smiled, and gave her a kiss in return. "Eat up. Or no dessert for you either."

"Pfft," Tesia scoffed. "You'd lets me have it anyway."

"Well, don't eat and find out then," A.J. replied.

Tesia decided not to chance it, and ate her food like she'd been told - she was hungry anyway.

A.J. cast Marcus another Look to make sure the security guard kept his comments to himself. The other man knew as well as he did, that he treasured any time he actually got to spend with his little sister, as these times were rare - more so, as the years went by.

Who needs the world when I've got you
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I've got all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I've got you
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4523