Meant To Be by Daisyrae
Summary: This story was written a couple of years ago, before Justin went solo. And I was much younger. Wade (their Choreographer) is Angie's brother and has a proposition for her, when she heads to the Compound to hear it her life changes...for the better, she meets Chris. Not o?nly does she fall in love but her daughter, Lily, finally finds a man, besides her Grampa and Uncle, that she can open up to and love. Please R&R, no flaming. I know that it is an Nsync story in a world full of BSB, but it's all good.
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > NSYNC Characters: Chris
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 4472 Read: 7722 Published: 08/08/05 Updated: 08/21/05

1. ONE by Daisyrae

2. TWO by Daisyrae

3. THREE by Daisyrae

4. FOUR by Daisyrae

5. FIVE by Daisyrae

ONE by Daisyrae
I DO NOT OWN NSYNC, OR WADE AND JOHNNY WRIGHT OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT PERTAINS TO NSYNC. I MADE IT ALL UP AND ANY SIMILARITIES TO ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. THX


Angie had just gotten out of the shower when she heard the phone ringing. Lily, her 2-year-old bundle of energy, was playing with her toys; blissfully unaware that the phone ringing had any significance. Angie, on the other hand was expecting a call...an important call.
"Hello?" she said out of breath.
"Hey Angie, what's up?" he asked. Angie looked puzzled.
"Who is this?" she asked.
"It's your baby bro, Wade, stupid.” he laughed on the other end.
"Oh Jesus, I didn't recognize your voice...So, what's going on?" she asked excitedly.
"Well I have cleared it with everyone and we have a proposition for you. Can you meet me here in an hour or so?" he asked.
"Of course I can, I need directions to where ever 'here' is though. It has been a while since I have been out there to see you." she was so excited, she was finally going to be able to sing for someone that mattered, someone that could make a difference in her life.
"Oh Wade," she asked sweetly, "Can I bring Lily, there is no way that I can get a sitter on this short of notice." she asked silently hoping but unsure.
"Of course, don't be stupid. Lily would be a welcome addition to any meeting." They laughed together and said their goodbyes before Wade hung up. Now Angie just hade to get dressed, do her hair/make-up, get Lily ready and in the car and make it to the Compound in less than an hour. She would have to hurry.

~Meanwhile back at the compound~

Just as Wade hung up the phone, the guys walked into the same room he was in.
"Hey buddy! What's the good word?" Chris asked with genuine interest.
"She will be here in roughly an hour...give or take a few minutes." he said confidently. Joey got an evil grin on his face.
"Is she hot????" Chris smacked him in the arm and pretended to looked stunned; then he whispered, "I told you to wait a little, not ask right away!" Then he looked up and gave his best cheesy smile to the group, Justin answered his question before anyone else had a chance to.
"NO! She isn't!" he looked at Wade apologetically, "I'm sorry man but the last time that I saw here she could have benefited from a trainer, if ya know what I mean?" Wade threw the arrogant one a dirty look and told him to fuck off before hastily exiting the room, slamming the door behind him. Justin could tell by the looks on their faces that they were pretty angry with him too.
"I'm sorry guys, but you haven't seen her. She's fat and just...no dude, she is dirty. Her kid is a McLean, know what I mean??" he asked praying that the group would forgive him soon. But he would have to get rid of the disgusted look on his face before anyone would warm back up to him. Lance just laughed inside, he saw Angie a couple days ago. She was smokin' hot, and Lily was so cute. Who cares who her dad was, he knew that none of the other guys would care. Lance took it upon himself to let the other's know the truth. He turned to JC, Chris and Joey.
"She is gorgeous and Justin is going to choke on his tongue when she gets here." he said, Justin was just shaking his head and mouthing the word 'no' to anyone who would look at him.
JC chastised Justin for his outburst, "That was so rude, sometimes you are so tacky. Did it ever occur to you that regardless of what you think, she is still his sister?" JC asked him before leaving the room as well.
An hour later they were all waiting in the driveway for Angie to arrive, it was evident by the look on Wade's face that he was still angry with Justin, however, he was also confident that all the awful things that Justin thought would go away as soon as he saw her get out of her car. Arrogant little bastard, she lost like 100 pounds since the last time that Justin saw her. All six men continued to wait anxiously for a few more minutes before her junker pulled into the drive.
She pulled into the familiar drive and stopped the car. She was really nervous and had to take a few deep cleansing breaths before getting out of the car. She stepped out of the car, closed the door and went to the back seat to get Lily. Lily had been hyped up on sugar all day and this became a problem as soon as her little feet hit the ground. She took off running to the left of the drive, straight for the man made lake...
TWO by Daisyrae
I OWN NOTHING, I just have an overactive imagination. thx


“Lily!!! Stop!!!” she yelled, but Lily was going full tilt and there was no stop in sight. Angie started after Lily but Chris stopped her.
“I’ll get her for you.” He said chivalrously then ran after her. He was able to catch her just short of the lake, he threw her up in the air and then started tickling her, they rolled around on the ground giggling for a couple minutes before Lily got up and ran to her mother; squealing with delight the whole way there.
“Mommy!” she yelled as she threw herself into Angie’ open arms, she was stunned. Lily NEVER reacted favorably to men that she didn’t know, hell she didn’t even like most of the ones that she did. Her father was one of those, no matter how often AJ saw his little girl, she just never warmed up to him and always kept her distance. Angie looked at Chris, his face was lit and he was out of breath.
“Ok,” he said trying to catch his breath, “Wade, the next time I want to play with the kiddies, remind me that I am pushing 30.’ Chris smiled as he said this. He looked at Angie, who by the way, was extremely impressed with him, all she could do was stand there smiling and holding on to her daughter.
“Thank you, I could have never chased her properly in this outfit.” She said and laughed.
She was dressed in a skirt, blouse and heels. She would have beefed it on the lawn for sure. She was grateful to him and that was a great start to their relationship.
“Man, The things I do to impress chicks.” He said shaking his head. Angie looked coyly in his direction.
“It worked brilliantly.” She said.
They all began the long walk back up to the main house; Wade fell behind and called to Chris.
“Chris!” He yelled, Chris turned around and gave Wade a questioning look.
“What?” he asked, Wade waved his hand, beckoning him.
“Just come here for a sec.” He said. Chris trotted back to where Wade was.
“How did you get Lily to play with you like that?” He asked. Chris was very confused and said.
“I just introduced myself and then started tickling her. Why?” he asked still confused.
“Lily doesn’t even go to her father like that, she only likes me and my dad.” He said, Chris was stunned, “Really?” he said.
“Yeah, why do you think that Angie was so impressed by your heroics?” Wade replied.
“And here I was thinking that it was me, you know maybe she liked me…” he said with a wink, but he was crestfallen. He had succumbed to love at first sight.

~Meanwhile further on up the path~

Joey, JC and Justin were talking amongst themselves and as predicted Justin was eating his words.
“Holy shit yo!! She really dropped the weight!” his eyes were huge with disbelief, JC and Joey just laughed at him.
“I think that Chris is in love, look at him.” Joey pointed in Chris’s direction, he was staring. JC nodded in agreement.
“Hey Joe, maybe she has a hot friend that likes greasy Italians…” they all laughed.

Lance and Angie were deep in conversation when Lily took off again, this time, however, she was running toward Wade.
“Uncle Way!!” Lily yelled. Wade knelt down and scooped her into his arms.
“Can I have hugs and stuff?” he asked her, she nodded smiling. She puckered her lips and kissed him, then she laid her head on his shoulder for hugs.
“Thanks squirt, who do you love??” he asked, they played this little game whenever they were together.
“Uncle Way, I wuv Uncle Way!” she squealed, giggling. She put her head back on his shoulder and they continued to the main house in silence.
Time to get down to business…
THREE by Daisyrae
Johnny Wright was waiting patiently for them to arrive at the main house, when they walked in it was time to work.
“Hello, please have a seat.” He said gesturing to the couches placed around the room.
“I would first like to start by officially welcoming you to our home.” He extended his hand for Angie to shake. She grasped his hand in a firm handshake that oozed confidence.
“We want you to make a demo!” Wade blurted, he could stand the suspense any longer. Johnny looked at him sternly. Angie was caught off guard; she was hoping that was why she was asked to come out. But she hadn’t been sure until she walked in and saw Johnny waiting.
“Pardon me?” she sputtered.
“You heard me. You can dance just as well, if not better, than I can…” JC interrupted him.
“Then why are YOU our choreographer?” everyone laughed, except Wade who looked hurt, but continued anyway.
“You have an awesome voice and I am tired of you struggling to make ends meet. You only get paid 6.50 an hour at the grocery store and that doesn’t even cover all your expenses. Rent, car insurance, phone, etc.” He paused to breathe, “I KNOW that you could be making at least as much as the jerk that got you pregnant. You remember him right? That great guy that only pays 50 bucks a week in child support.” Wade was once again out of breath, but that was only because he was so angry, she hadn’t deserved the treatment that she got from AJ after she told him she was pregnant. He had treated her like she was a whore and that her baby could have been anyone’s. Only after DNA had proved it was his had he started sending her the pittance that he called child support. The most infuriating part was that Angie refused to take him to court, Wade knew that AJ should be paying a lot more, it was based on income after all.
Johnny put up his hand to stop Wade from commenting further.
“I would like to hear you sing.” He said. Angie thought for a second, she wasn’t sure what she should sing.
“Do you have an acoustic guitar that I could use for a bit?” she asked. Johnny nodded and then disappeared to retrieve the guitar she wanted. When he returned her handed her the instrument.
The only song that she could of was Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. So she sat down and played around with the instrument to find the notes and key that she needed and she began, she played the guitar and sang the song like her life depended on it. It was perfect and it was beautiful. When she was finished she looked up at the men sitting around her, they all had tears in their eyes.
“Wow,” Johnny cleared his throat, “That was amazing. Now we need to record something. No matter how good you sound in person, if your voice doesn’t record well then everything would be in the toilet.” He was very matter of fact about it, which she liked. He didn’t appear to be the kind of person that would beat around the bush about anything. They all decided to just have her record the same song, but this time with more instruments accompanying her voice. When she was all done she walked into the sound booth.
“What do you think?” she asked hopeful. Then seven men just looked at each other.
“Well why don’t you take Lily and wait outside. We will let you know in just a moment. We need to listen to the playback.” Johnny said. Angie accepted this and took her daughter into the other room.
“Can I go and wait with her? You probably freaked her out a little.” he said. Johnny nodded to Chris signaling him that it was ok.
“Hey Angie!” he yelled, “I’ll wait with you.” He walked over to where she and Lily were sitting. Lily patted the spot next to her and said, “Right there Kwiss.” She said. He sat down next to her and she smiled, “Tank oo Kwiss.” Her smile was disarming, not to mention contagious. Chris smiled back at her.
“You are so welcome Lily.” He replied. Then something happened that Angie thought she would never see. Lily climbed into Chris’s lap and gave him a hug. Angie thought for sure that she was going to cry; Lily had claimed Chris as hers.
“How do you do that?” Angie asked, her voice barely audible. Chris looked up to see a tear roll down Angie’s cheek.
“How do I do what?” he asked confused, until he remembered what Wade had told him earlier.
“Well, she usually hides behind me when men try to talk to her, she doesn’t even hug her father when he comes around. The only men that are allowed any where near her are my father and Wade.” She said.
“Well, maybe we should get married then.” Chris said in an effort to lighten the mood a little. It appeared to have worked though because Angie smiled.
“Maybe you’re right.” She replied.
Johnny opened the door to the studio and they all joined Angie and company on the couches.
“We love it and want to start working with you right away.” Johnny said grinning; she was going to be huge.
FOUR by Daisyrae
As the weeks passed, Angie developed a real attraction to Chris, not one that was based solely on appearances. Sure she was physically attracted to him but there was more there. She was drawn to him as a person, his personality was great, not to mention the fact that Lily worshipped him. Most of the time he would get right into the sandbox with her. Chris also had the ability to make her smile when she was down and that meant a lot to her. He always seemed to know when to be funny and when to just let her cry; he always had a shoulder for her to cry on and an eager ear to listen with. She was falling in love with him and it killed her that he wasn’t with her, he, on the other hand, was feeling the exact same thing.
Wade and the guys thought that it was hilarious when Chris and Angie were together. Everyone in the free world could tell that they were in love with each other, yet they seemed completely oblivious to it.
The next day Angie was late for dance rehearsal, which was very odd indeed. She rushed into the studio with a smile on her face, which was strange also because she detested being late, so they all knew there was something going on. They were ready to congratulate Chris when they all noticed that he was as baffled by her smile as they were. As they were about to start practice Lance put the breaks on.
“Wait,” he said to Wade, “Don’t start yet, ok?” he said. Wade stepped back and nodded, he wanted to know why she was late also. The six of them surrounded her all with questions on their faces…Joey spoke first.
“Hey babe, what’s up?” he asked. She just smiled to add a little fuel to the fire.
“What do you mean?” she asked, innocently.
“Well, first of you are late. Which never happens but to top it all off you are smiling about it. Curious.” Wade said with his head tilted and his finger on his chin. This time she giggled. The whole situation was starting to get funny to them.
“I have a date.” She answered. Chris was instantly jealous. “Ok let’s dance.” She said with a clap of her hands. She went to turn on he music when six male voices boomed, “STOP!” in unison. She stopped dead in her tracks.
“With who?!?!” Chris demanded.
“Just a guy that I used to work with at the grocery store.” She said nonchalantly.
“You never said anything before, has Lily met him yet, what does she think??” he said in one breath.
“No, he hasn’t met her, but there is time.” She said
“But what if she doesn’t like him?!?!” Chris asked, Amber walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.
“She hates everyone and you know that. You, my brother and my father are the only men in the free world that she thinks are worth her time.” She couldn’t figure out why he gave a shit.
“I don’t think that you should go out with him.” He added. Now she was pissed.
“Why DO YOU CARE?!?” she yelled. He was getting flustered, he wasn’t sure he was ready to tell her why he cared…
“Because I lo…uh…just because. OK?” he said.
“No Chris it’s not ok, that is not a good enough reason.” She turned around and left the room, slamming the door behind her. Justin turned to Chris, almost bursting with laughter.
“You, my friend, are an idiot!” He said with a laugh.
“Yeah, dummy, now that you chased her away what are you gonna do???” JC asked as he walked away. Lance was the last to comment.
“Smooth.” Was all he said.
Chris was now really pissed, that did not go the way he had imagined it would. She was supposed to say, “Ok I won’t.” then they would both profess their undying love for each other, make out like crazy and live happily ever after. Something had gone terribly wrong.
All these thoughts were running through his head while he was at the set list meeting, Chris was in la la land most of the time. At one point while they were discussing what songs to perform he blurted out, “Girlfriend! We should definitely do Girlfriend.” If Chris had been paying attention to the meeting then he would have know that Lance all ready suggested that AND it was on the list. Everyone but Johnny laughed; obviously Chris had other things on his mind. He would find out after the meeting adjourned.
“Joe, come here.” Johnny said. Joey walked over to Johnny.
“Yeah ‘sup?” Joey said.
“What is going on with Chris, he always pays attention when we have our meetings.” Johnny asked.
“Oh, Angie dropped the bomb on him today. She told us that she has a date tonight.” Joey confessed
“Oh I see, that’s why he was down.” Johnny totally understood now, Chris had been in love with her since the moment he met her.
Meanwhile Chris was on the phone ordering his apology and confession.

An hour later, there was a knock on Angie’s door.
“Who’s there?” she asked
“Flora and Fauna Florists.” Replied the female on the other side. Angie went over to the door and looked through the peephole, and there was indeed a woman standing there with an armload of flowers. Angie let the woman in, thanked her and gave her a tip for the delivery. Unbeknownst to her Chris was standing around the corner, just out of sight. Waiting patiently for the right moment to knock. He wanted to give her enough time to read the cards and then he would knock.
Angie took the flowers into the kitchen and got out a crystal vase. She filled the vase with water and opened the bouquet; 2 dozen pink roses were staring her in the face and smack dab in the center was a single daisy. She reached for the card and read:

Angie
I am so sorry for the way that I acted today, I was an ass. Please forgive me.

Forever yours
Chris

P.S
I thought of a better reason, please open the card attached to the daisy.

She looked at the bouquet again and sure enough there was another card attached to the daisy, it said:

I am crazy in love with you, I hope that is a good enough reason for you.

Love
Chris

She was barely done reading the last card when she became vaguely aware of the knock on the door.
“Who dare?” Lily asked, Angie didn’t hear who answered but Lily said, “Come in.” then she heard the door open and Lily started giggling hysterically.
FIVE by Daisyrae
Angie could hear Lily’s giggles mixed with Chris’s and the sound made her happy. She cautiously poked her head around the corner to look into the living room where they were playing. Chris was lying on his back on the floor, holding Lily in the air, she looked sublimely happy. She slowly edged herself around the corner so that she was standing in the living room.
“Hi Chris.” She said softly. He stopped playing with Lily and stood up.
Hi, Um…did you get the flowers that I sent??” he asked knowing full well that she had. She was so happy at that moment that she started to cry, she ran over to Chris, threw her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear.
“I love you too.” They looked into each other’s eyes and kissed for the first time.
“I was a little nervous, I wasn’t sure how you would react.” He said relieved.
“I really need to finish getting ready, he will be here in a half hour.” She said as she turned on her heal and headed to the bathroom. His eyes grew to the size of half dollars.
“What?! You are still going out with him?” he couldn’t believe it.
“My girlfriend is going on a date tonight with another man.” He said to Lily. He started after Angie.
“I can’t just leave him hanging, I am obligated now. A half an hour isn’t sufficient notice to cancel.” She said walking into the bathroom.
“Angie!” he said following her, “You are not obligated to this man, if he is a man at all he will understand.” Chris said, irritated. Surely there weren’t going to have their first fight 5 minutes into their relationship. She turned around and looked him right in the eye.
“Chris,” she caressed his cheek in an effort to comfort him, “Don’t worry. I will explain everything to him when we get to dinner, then I will pay half the check and come home to you.” She looked at him lovingly, he was convinced.
“You will still watch Lily right?” I t was a stupid question, she knew. But she just wanted to make sure.
“Of course, we are going to have so much fun that she is going to pass out from exhaustion before you get home.” He smiled.
Later on that evening, Chris, who was getting very restless, called Lance and JC. They were more than happy to come over and offer their company; Chris didn’t want to suffer alone.
When they arrived Chris was pacing with a sleeping Lily in his arms. Lance laughed and took Lily from him, then he put her in her crib. When Lance returned he noticed that JC had gotten Chris to sit down on the couch..
“What is up bro? Where is Angie?” JC asked finally.
“Oh she’s on her date!” Chris spat out. JC and Lance were shocked, they thought that the flowers would have worked for sure. Lance was really confused, Angie had confided in him about her feeling for Chris hundreds of times.
“What about the flowers? I was sure that would work.” Lance said.
“They did work, she told me that she loves me too. But she also said that she was obligated to go out with him and at least explain the situation.” Chris said, “And she isn’t back yet. Which I am a little worried about.”
JC and Lance both understood what he was talking about, and would not have expecting anything less from Angie. They sat and chatted with him for the rest of the evening, until she got home. When she got home they were all surprised. She walked through the door with nice bruise forming on her left cheek. Chris catapulted himself out of his seat and ran to her. JC and Lance just sat there, stunned.
“What in the blue fuck happened?” he yelled. He placed his hand on her chin and tilted her head up so that he could examine her face better. Then for some reason she started to laugh.
“It’s actually kind of funny. I tried to tell him as soon as we got to dinner but he wouldn’t shut up. He just kept talking about how gorgeous I looked and how great the single was, blah blah blah. The usual superficial bullshit. We made it all the way through dinner before I even got a word in edgewise. We split the bill and he walked me out the car.” She stopped and her eyes welled up with tears. “He tried to kiss me and then I was finally able to tell him. He punched me, called me a whore, and then drove off and left me there. I had to call a cab. Sorry I am so late.” She put her head on Chris’s shoulder and he held her. She never wanted to leave the comfort of his embrace, he smelled so good.
“You will never have to deal him or any other assholes like him ever again, because you have me now.” He said aloud.
“Marry me.” He whispered in her ear, she looked up, smiled and kissed him. They lived happily ever after.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4675