The Not So Sneaky Thief by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: Someone steals something from Kevin. What will happen when Kevin confronts him?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Kevin
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 3802 Read: 20578 Published: 08/19/05 Updated: 11/04/07

1. Sneaking In by LenniluvsBrian

2. Spy Spied On by LenniluvsBrian

3. Safe At Last by LenniluvsBrian

4. Some Spy by LenniluvsBrian

5. Uh-oh by LenniluvsBrian

6. Razor's Don't Go In Toilets by LenniluvsBrian

7. Learning To Shave... by LenniluvsBrian

8. Toothpaste??? by LenniluvsBrian

9. The Surprise! by LenniluvsBrian

10. Thanks Kev....... by LenniluvsBrian

11. Teased by LenniluvsBrian

12. Defending Alex, not A.J. by LenniluvsBrian

13. Chapter 13 by LenniluvsBrian

Sneaking In by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: This was written a while back. It was in response to a fan fic challenge. A BSB member had to steal something, but it couldn't be someone's heart. This is what I came up with. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB own themselves. Thank-you. Note: Chapters will be short!

As I slink out of my Hotel room, I look around making sure that no one is in the hall and those who are, I make sure aren’t watching me. I know if I’m caught doing what I’m about to do, I’ll be as good as dead. I stealthily make my way down the hall to my eldest band mate’s room. Little does Kevin know I’m…

Oh, you’re wondering who Kevin is, right? Well, he’s the eldest in the Backstreet Boys, the group I’m in. Anyway, back to my own little spy movie like idea. Hey, shut-up. Just because I’m fourteen doesn’t mean I still can’t use my imagination and play silly little old spy games. I mean, it’s not like I get Nick, the youngest of the group, to tag along and play it with me. What? You really think I’m that crazy? Yeesh.

I finally reach my destination and take one last look around to be sure no one is watching. Once I’m sure no one has spotted me, I use my spy skills to unlock (or in your lingo, pick) the door, and slip in unnoticed.

Spy Spied On by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: As I've said before, the chapters are very short. Originally, it was all just one big long chapter, 'cause it's a short story. But, I like reviews, & yah get more if yah break it up-hehe. Also, I can leave y'all hangin' better now-lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own story idea. A.J., Kevin, & rest of BSB own themselves. Thank-you.
Kevin’s view:

I was just coming out of the stairway leading up to our floor, when I spotted Alex, whom we call A.J., our second youngest in the group, sneaking down the hallway.

“What is he up to now?” I wonder.

I remain hidden by the door as I silently watch him slink down the hall, and look about nervously, before picking the lock on my Hotel room door.

“Why’s he sneaking into my room?” I ask myself. “He’d better not be pulling some prank.”

Safe At Last by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, here's more. Would've updated yesterday,. but computer wouldn't let me open my own fic. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Kevin, & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB.




A.J.’s view:

Once safely inside Kevin’s room, I quietly shut the door behind me, making sure it didn’t click shut on me.

“Phew!” I think. “Thank God no one’s paying attention to me.”

Though I find it odd no one was acknowledging me, I’m not about to question my good luck one bit. I quietly creep into the bathroom, and hurriedly search for his shaving kit. And yes, I said shaving kit. I soon find what I’m looking for and clean up the mess I’ve made. I then clutch what I’ve swiped from him tightly, and mentally prepare myself to sneak back to my own room.

I manage to get back into the hallway unnoticed, thankfully. I know if someone were to see me coming out of Kevin’s room, I’d be questioned endlessly. I slink stealthily back down the hall to my own room, then ever so quietly slip back inside. As soon as I’m inside I shut the door, leaning up against it, and breathing a huge sigh of relief.

“Ah…made it,” I think. “Safe at last.”

I then head for my bathroom to figure out how to use what I’ve managed to swipe.
Some Spy by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, here's more, in case I don't/can't update tomorrow. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Kevin & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. Thank-you!




Kevin’s view:

I see A.J. come out of my room with my razor and shaving cream. Seeing this has me utterly confused.

“Doesn’t he have his own shaving stuff?” I ponder.

I shrug, then come out of my hiding place, acting as though I’d just now reached our floor, in case someone is watching me. Apparently, luck is on my side, as no one, not even security is in the hall anymore. I make my way down to Alex’s room, and try the door handle. I smile to myself as I realize the crazy kid forgot to lock his door behind him.

“Some spy he is,” I chuckle to myself.

I throw his door open and barge into the room.

“ALEXANDER!” I call loudly.
Uh-oh by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: So yanno, in reality, I posted this chapter AFTER the next one - I mixed 'em up. Haha, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Kevin, & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. Thank-you.




A.J.’s view:

“ALEXANDER!” I hear a voice boom, and freeze, all at once knowing whom the voice belongs to.

“Uh-oh,” I gulp, as I nervously try to hide his stuff, accidentally sending the razor flying into the toilet.

The door flies open and I look up into the green eyes of someone we all consider a father figure, seeing as he’s the oldest.

“Were you just in my room?” He demands, eyeing me.

“No Kev,” I lie. “Why would I go to your room? Nick and Brian have the Nintendo, not you.”

“If they’ve the Nintendo, then why did I just see you coming out of my room?” He asks. “Hmm?”

“I…ah…um…heh,” I reply giving him a sheepish smile.

Oh, great. Now he knows I lied and snuck into his room, plus more than likely took something. Which, as you know, I did. But I’ve my reasons, thank-you.
Razor's Don't Go In Toilets by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Here's more y'all! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Kevin, & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. Thank-you.

Dedication: sweet18_2003




Kevin’s view:

I watch as A.J. starts to look slightly uncomfortable, and wonder if he feels that for some other reason than being caught. I try not to laugh as he nervously shifts from one foot to the other, and picks at his fingers. I know from experience over the past few months we’ve been together that those are his nervous habits.

“Do you care to explain why you went in my room?” I question.

“Not really,” he answers, as if almost unsure of himself.

Now, there’s a first. A.J. unsure of himself. I never thought I’d see the day where that kid wasn’t sure of himself. He’s always been the spontaneous, almost rebellious one with a big heart.

“Fine,” I say. “Then do you care to explain why you took my shaving cream and razor?”

He looks down then, absolutely silent, and shakes his head.

Okay. Something’s definitely up. A.J. is never quiet! Ever! Him, Nick, and my cousin, Brian, are the noisiest of us five. Howie, the second oldest, and I are the quiet ones, only goofing off when we feel necessary.

“Is something wrong Alex?” I asked, now concerned.

I watch him shake his head. It’s then that I see a lone tear fall to the floor.

A.J.? Crying? Now, that alone in itself is really weird. The kid never cries, not even when homesick (partially because his Mom’s with us most the time) and makes fun of Nick when he cries.

“Alex,” I repeat softly, lifting his chin up with my hand. “What’s wrong Buddy?”

Instead of answering my question, he flings himself at me and hugs me tightly. Yet another shocker coming from crazy Alexander James McLean. I swear, if I didn’t know any better, at this very moment, I’d think he were a mere six-year-old child.

I hug him in return and rub his back to try and comfort him. Obviously something’s bothering him if he’s this upset. I happen to look over his shoulder and spot my razor floating around in the toilet (actually, it mostly sunk, but you know what I mean). It dawned on me then, just what the problem might be, seeing as he’s still going through the whole puberty thing.

I pull back a little to look at him. “Bud,” I begin. “Do you know how to shave?”

He looks at me with miserable, ashamed eyes, and shakes his head, fresh tears slowly sneaking up on him.

“Didn’t you ever ask someone how?” I query. “Your Grandfather or an Uncle or someone?”

Now, if you’re wondering why I never said ‘father’, it’s because his parents divorced when he was four, and he hasn’t heard from the man since. I know well enough that by mentioning his father, he probably would’ve became even more upset than he already was.

“I never needed to before now,” he answers quietly, stuffing his hands in his pockets and staring at the floor.

“Well, the first rule is, the razor doesn’t go in the toilet,” I chuckle.

I see him glance at the toilet, and look sheepish a moment, before letting out a nervous laugh.
Learning To Shave... by LenniluvsBrian
A.N.: Well, here's more for yah! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. Bsb own themselves. Thank-you!




A.J.’s view:

When Kevin told me the razor doesn’t belong in the toilet, I just had to laugh. I mean, c’mon. How is that not funny? It’s honestly has to be one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard in my life.

“That’s always good to know, ain’t it?” I smile.

He grins back at me and ruffles my hair. “I’ll go get some stuff while you fish the razor out of the toilet, okay?” He says. “And when I come back I’ll help you out with your little problem. Alright Bro?”

I can’t help but chuckle and nod as he messes my hair once more before going out the door.

Just so you know, I feel much better now that Kevin knows my…ah…guess you could say, secret. I honestly felt like an idiot for not knowing how to shave. Knowing Nick doesn’t know how either didn’t help any. He’ll probably be at home and able to ask his Dad when that times comes. Don’t tell anyone, especially not the guys, but I’m jealous of them. Of all of them. They all have/had dads to show them this stuff. Me, I got nobody. Well, okay, I got my grandfather, but it’s not the same, you know?

I eventually fish the razor out of the toilet and was just throwing it in the trash when Kevin returned. I look on curiously as he dumps out a bag of stuff onto the counter.

“Okay, let’s see…” he trails off. “Razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, toilet paper, a surprise…”

I watch as he very quickly shoves the surprise into his pocket before I even have the chance to glance at it. Now, mind you, that surprise has my full attention, while everything else is just a blur.
Toothpaste??? by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
A.N.: Sorry it took me so long to update y'all. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. A.J., Kevin, & rest of BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Note: It takes place way back in the day when they were first starting out, but knew each other well enough.

Kevin’s view:

I try not to laugh as I notice him eyeing my pocket instead of what I’ve laid out on the counter. I wave my hand in front of his face.

“Hello? Space control center to Alex, Alex it’s time to come back to planet Earth,” I tease.

He gives me a weird look, but smiles all the same. “Alex reporting back to Earth, Sir,” he answers cheekily.

For once, I don’t care to wipe the cheeky grin off his face. I show him what I’ve bought, and explain what each is for. Obviously he knew what the razors and shaving cream were for, but as for the toilet paper and toothpaste, well, let’s just say he thought I was right down crazy.

We shave together, and amazingly, he only nicks himself twice.

“You know, you’re doing a whole lot better than I did at your age,” I tell him.

He looks up at me with a look of surprise on his face. “Really? You bled more than I am right now?”

I give a nod and a laugh. “Yep,” I say. “My brother’s got a good kick out of it too. They teased me for weeks.”

Now, another thing you need to know about A.J., is that he’s an only child. He’s never had any siblings, and the closest he’s come to them is us four guys and his best friend Skylar Ross. And trust me, she’s a doll, that Skylar is. A keeper too. Oh, and also, normally A.J. doesn’t like to be called ‘Alex’, as it usually means he’s in trouble. But, obviously, at times like right now, he doesn’t mind so much.

“You don’t think the other guys will tease me, do you?” He interrogates.

“Nah,” I shrug. “And if they do, so what? They’ve been in your shoes, well, minus Nick.”

“If Nick bugs me, I’ll just rub it in and tell him he’s jealous,” he affirms. “I’ll remind him that he hasn’t hit puberty yet too. That always gets him going.”

I shake my head at him. Yep. A.J. is becoming his crazy self once more. But, before he makes the complete transformation back, there’s something I want to do real quick.

“I think it’s time for that surprise now, don’t you?”

I see his eyes glow with interest and excitement, and want desperately to laugh at his child-like eagerness.

The Surprise! by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Obviously, I'm totally into updating mode - lol. Though, there's some I can't update, because our floppy disk drive still doesn't work [*growls*] or just the plain fact, I haven't written anymore for it yet. Lol. Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB owns themselves. Thank-you!

Note: Extremely short chapter!

A.J.’s view:

I watch almost impatiently as Kevin removes the surprise from his pocket. I feel my eyes go huge when I see a shiny silver cross hanging right before my own two eyes.

“Wow,” I breathe softly.

“You like it?” he asks.

I nod, not daring to ask where he found such a beautiful cross. For some strange reason it happens to look like the one I was eyeing the other day at the mall.

“It’s yours then,” he says.

I stare at him in utter shock. The man can’t be serious. But, by the look on his face, I can tell he is. Still, best confirm it, now hadn’t I?

“Seriously?” I manage to choke out. “You mean it?”

Thanks Kev....... by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Here's another 'cause the last one was so short! And also because I haven't updated this one in forever! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB owns themselves. Thank-you!
Kevin’s view:

I nod smiling, feeling proud for some odd reason, as I see his glowing face. I bet the kid’s never had something as nice as this given to him before. Not by anyone. Well, maybe his grandmother, but she spoils him rotten, though you know she loves him to death. And she does make sure he’ll treat her gifts with the utmost respect.

“Yep,” I answer finally, moving to place it over his head, then let it drop so it’s hanging around his neck. “It’s all yours Alex.”

I watch as he picks it up carefully, eyeing it like a little kid would when totally awed by something. I try not to beam too much when he reads the inscription I had put on it.

“Whenever you need a friend, I’ll be there Bro,” he reads aloud. “Love, Kevin.”

He looks up at me all teary-eyed again, and I know I’ve gotten the not-so-tough A.J. back again.

“Thanks Kev,” he whispers, before hugging me for the second time. “This means a whole lot to me.”

I hug him back just as tight, now trying to will myself not to cry along with him. I don’t know why, but I feel the need to protect my new ‘little brothers’, him and Nick especially seeing as they’re so young.

He eventually pulls back and grins at me, letting me know the old rebellious A.J. is back once more.

“Do you think the other guys are still up?” He asks, his eyes still shining, despite his tries to hide his happiness.

“They’re probably still in Frick ‘n’ Frack’s room playing Nintendo,” I say. “C’mon. We can go check it out for ourselves.”

Oh, in case you’re wondering, Brian and Nick are Frick ‘n’ Frack. We dubbed them those nicknames as they’re like bookends; never seen without the other, and when they are, it’s very rare.

Teased by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Wow, I knew I'd forgotten one fic for a while - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB own themselves. Thank-you!
A.J.’s view:

We go into the room across the hall uninvited, but knowing the others won’t care, as Kevin’s allowed to barge in on anyone he wants. Let’s just say, if he’s in a good mood, it’s great being with him, because then you can barge in too. If he’s in a bad mood though, well, I’d advise you to turn and run the other way. Hehe. But don’t tell him I said that.

Once we’re inside the room, the other looks up. Thankfully, I’ve remembered to remove the toilet paper from my face before coming over.

“Hey, where were you guys?” Nick asks, his eyes never leaving the screen. “We were waiting on you. We’re supposed to be having the Nintendo match we talked about earlier.”

I saw Kevin glance at me before responding. “We had other matters to deal with first Frack.”

Brian eyes us suspiciously when he looks away from the game, but nods and smiles when he spots my cross, somehow seeming to know some of what had gone on.

I notice Howie eyeing the cross too, but I just smile at him. Even if he is my best friend, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to tell him all of what went on between Kevin and I in my Hotel bathroom. I do need to keep something private, don’t I? I mean, not everybody needs to know every little aspect of my life. No Sir. They don’t.

Nick soon loses to Brian, and in the midst of his complaining, finally notices my cross, and comes to stand before me.

“Where’d you get that?” He questions. “And who’d you rob to get it?”

“None of your damn business, and no one,” I snap.

I feel anger surge through me as he picks it up and reads the inscription on the back of it.

“Kevin?” He chokes out through his laughter. “You mean he can actually be nice?”

I yank my cross back, and hold it close to my chest, even though it’s still around my neck.

“Yes,” I say through gritted teeth.

I see him take a closer look at me then. “Hey, look whose shaving!” He exclaims, then mocks me in a girly voice. “Oh, Alex, you look sooo handsome! So manly, so lovely. Aww.”

“Shut-up,” I growl. “Least I’ve hit puberty and have something to shave, unlike you.”

“Well, at least I don’t have some stupid cross that says ‘love Kevin' on the back of it!” He retorts.

Okay, that was it. The shaving thing I could handle, but making fun of my cross is going way too low, even for him.

“Leave me the Hell alone!” I yell, shoving him to the ground, before turning and storming out. Actually, I sort of ran out like a wuss, but if anyone asks, I stormed out, okay?

I headed back to my room and threw myself on my bed, burying my face in my pillow.

Defending Alex, not A.J. by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:

Yay for updates! One more for this one - one more short one - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB all own themselves. Thank-you!

Kevin’s view:

“Nickolas Carter,” I snarl somewhat. “Don’t you ever again make fun of that cross, young man! You hear me?”

I’ve moved so that I’m now looming over the small boy, and glaring down at him sternly.

Nick looks up at me fearfully and nods, too scared to say anything. I watch as he scampers over to the protectiveness of my cousin Brian’s embrace. I give him one last stern look before leaving the room to go find A.J.

I head straight across the hall to A.J.’s room, knock once, then walk in. I spot him lying face down on his bed and went over to sit down. Once I was seated I began to rub his back.

“Don’t worry about it Alex,” I tell him. “Nick’s just jealous because he didn’t get a gift. You know how he is.”

I watch him sit up and turn to face me. Without saying a word I pull him into a big bear hug, knowing that’s what he needed at the moment.

“He won’t make fun of the cross anymore,” I state. “Nor your blankie. And if he does make fun of your blankie, well, bug him about his fear of the dark then. Though, I will tell you this Alex. Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

He looks up at me and smiles softly. “Where were you when I needed someone to chase away the monsters in my closet?” He jokes ever so slightly, knowing I’d know what he meant.

“At home scaring them out of Brian’s closet,” I joke back. “But I’m here to scare them now. Out of everybody’s closets.”

“And they’ll be sure to run too,” he laughs. “The monsters I mean.”

“Sure you do,” I chuckle.

Chapter 13 by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:

Okay, two chapter for this one 'cause there's no point in making y'all wait for this extremely short chapter - lol. Well, here's the last of it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB all own themselves. Thank-you!

A.J.’s view:

I never imagined it could be so great having a big brother to look out for you. More or less three. Okay, sure it’s not always as wonderful as that day was, but hey, nothing’s ever perfect. Trust me on that. On the bright side, I do have a little brother to pick on though - which is quite fun to do, unless the kid cries, then it's not so fun 'cause then Momma gets all angry with me. And an angry Momma is no fun - it's even worse when my big 'brothers' are angry with me for it too - trust me, that's never a good thing. They know how to make you pay - which I've learned the hard way a few times. Heh.

Oh, and if you’re wondering, yes, I still do have that cross. Wherever I go, it goes. Well, peace out!

~A.J.~

 

 

 

 

setstats 1

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4740