CcRrAaZzYy by Alana
Summary: Many things in the world are crazy. Kids, adults, places. 4 kids, 4 adults, 1 place. 1 place where 4 adults take 4 kids. AU
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Action, Alternate Universe
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 23168 Read: 15722 Published: 07/31/03 Updated: 01/17/05

1. 4 kids... by Alana

2. 4 adults... by Alana

3. domestic punishment.... by Alana

4. down to 3... by Alana

5. woah... by Alana

6. go to sleep... by Alana

7. lost cause... by Alana

4 kids... by Alana
Chapter 1


He laughed, “Okay so I’m a bastard so what?”

“Nick there are people who actually like bastards.”

“Yea right, Cole’s a bastard too!”

At hearing that Cole hit her brother, “ Shut up! A bastard’s a boy, not a girl!”

“Hey, that’s not what the dictionary says. If you’re parents aren’t married when you’re born then you are a bastard a.k.a. an illegitimate child.”

“Nick, as much as I loved your lesson on what you and Cole are, I need you two to stop so I can continue on with my lesson.”

Nick and Cole both nodded.

They were twins, Nick and Cole, twins that had a mom and a dad that weren’t married. Bastard twins you could call them. They had a pretty good life. Both were mixed with a black mom and a white dad. Nick got his blond hair and blue eyes from his dad while Cole got her thick brown hair and brown eyes from her mom. They both had their mother’s facial features; their mother was a beautiful woman. Their dad a person would call average. But it was their dad that made Nick beautiful. Cole looked like her mom, beautiful. Nothing of her dad but Nick was a split between them. Nick had so many things wrong with him including diabetes, asthma, and ADHD while Cole had nothing but allergies. They grew up in the ghetto. So they were pretty much little ghetto kids. Nick was a black ghetto person in a white person’s body and Cole was a black ghetto person in a mixed person’s body. No one shunned them for it. It was just the way they were. The way they were hurt them a lot because of the way they talked but they were always getting over it. There were many differences. Nick seemed to love getting in trouble at least once a day while Cole hated it. They were twins that were completely the same yet completely different.

*****

“Nickolas Carter you are the worst.”

“At…”

“At staying out of trouble.”

Nick was in the principal’s office. He had gotten into another fight.

Mr. Ramón, a black who the kids loved because of his being humorous, stared Nick down. Nick just rolled his eyes. He was so used to this kind of stuff.

“Do you feel it is your obligation to get in trouble? I should expel you. You know you almost broke his arm.”

“You should expel me? I was defending myself!”

“Did he almost break your arm?” Nick opened his mouth to answer but Mr. Ramón held his hand up, “ Don’t speak! I know you’re going to be a smart Alec about it. Anyway, you’re suspended for 3 days.”

“That’s not fair!”

“5 days”

“Neither is that.”

“7 days, I’ll go on and on.”

Nick stayed quiet.

****

“Why? Whatever Nick, I don’t care anymore. You are so close to getting expelled again. I won’t ground you but with your little hyper butt I’ll put you to work, how’s that?”

Cole listened as her mother lectured her brother. She knew he was probably happy that it was their mother that was lecturing him and not their dad because their dad was the worst was the worst. But he was still in trouble, as usual.

“But why can’t you stay out of trouble once in a while? Knowing you, you’ll be in trouble even when you’re suspended!”

What she didn’t know was that she was right; it actually wouldn’t be his fault though.

****


“Did you hear about all those missing kids that were just found?” asked Monique, one of Cole’s best friends.

“No, why?”

“No reason…. where’s your bro?”

“Suspended, another fight, you know the drill.” Cole searched her locker for her math book while Monique stared motionless at a newspaper clutched between her fingers.

Monique was a mixed teen (black and Mexican) who was sporty and cool. She’s also extremely quiet but can be loud when she wants to.

Cole looked across in Monique’s direction. Over her shoulder she saw a muscular figure move in her direction.

“Damn, as if my life ain’t hard enough!” Cole grumbled.

“What’s wrong?”

“Shawn, I don’t get it-“

Monique cut her off.

“Oh that dude that beat your brother up,” answered Monique while they tried to stroll past Shawn undetected. They failed by a long way.

“Hey, girls.” His voice was very deep. Shawn was surrounded by a bunch of his jock friends but quickly escaped them to stand behind Cole.

“And he didn’t beat him up, the fight was neutral,” whispered Cole in Monique’s ear. Cole then looked at Shawn and said, “ How can you get my brother suspended then dare come in my direction?” Her voice was high and cracked with anger.

“Oh that fool was your brother? Well, anyways, I didn’t come to talk about him, I came to talk about you,” Shawn said trying to sound nice. Monique stumbled a bit trying to hold in her laughter.

“Listen, Shawn I have no time for your bitching,” yelled Cole raising her voice.

“Either do I!” answered Shawn slamming Cole into a nearby locker, “I’m losing my temper with you Colien Carter!”

“Then why you messing with her,” sighed Monique who had been standing there laughing. The bell rang and Shawn punched the locker as an attempt to scare her. The only thing it did was make her blink.

“ Don’t you dare say anything else!” yelled Shawn looking at Monique.

“We don’t have time for this!”

“You don’t have time for this!”

“No! Monique was right the first time,” Cole’s voice lowered to a whisper,” We don’t have time for anything you have to say,” she removed his hand from her shoulder and walked away with Monique by her side. They knew they were late to class but didn’t mind.

“You’re late… both of you,” Said Mrs. Swartz as Monique and Cole walked into the classroom.

“My locker wouldn’t open,” said Cole.

“What about you?” Mrs. Swartz asked pointing at Monique.

“I was helping her,” answered Monique. They took their seats in the back of the class.

By the end of the class the girls knew no more then when they entered. Slowly Cole gathered her books and walked to her second period class with Monique. They weren’t looking forward to it because they had it with Shawn.

****

Nick stared at the TV. A bunch of kids that had been kidnapped a couple of days before were found and the kidnappers were still in his city, supposedly. Great, he had to ride into the city. On his bike, what was a bike going to do to help him if someone came up behind him anyway? This was just great.

“Nick leave, now.”

“I can’t. I’ll get kidnapped by a kidnapper!” Nick didn’t want to leave but knew he was making his mother very mad. But there were kidnappers out there!

“Nickolas Gene, if you feel as if you can fight a person bigger than you at school, you can fight a person bigger then you in the city. Now leave!”

“But-“

“Get out of my house now boy!” yelled his mother.

Nick bit his lip staring at his mom. She was yelling which meant she was mad which meant she-

“If you don’t get out my house now, you’ll have a bloody nose right along with that black eye you sporting! Get. Out.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Nick ran. She was crazy.

****

He slowly opened the garage. They really needed an opener. He looked in. His bike. His beautiful bike. He loved his bike. He was going to ride his bike today into the city that was filled with kidnappers.

“Kidnappers,” he whispered to himself.

He then climbed onto the bike a rode down the street. He turned onto Main St. and rode down it. Why was he going anyway? Oh yea, his crazy mother. The grocery store. Yippee. He had to go get, he looked down at the list she had given him, eggs, and milk, and-

He skidded to a stop as a black van with no windows pulled in front of him.

“Damnit kid, move the fuck out the way!”

“Sorry,” he whispered.

“What? I ain’t hear you. Your ass better apologize before I get out and beat it!”

“I said sorry!” Black van, no windows except for the front. ‘Goodbye bike’, he looked down at his bike.

“Now you gettn’ smart? Wait till I get out!”

Nick bit his lip and looked around. Was this guy serious? The man stepped out of the van and Nick backed away. Maybe he should ride away.

“Kid, you must be deaf,” said the man. As he got closer to him Nick noticed that he had a big bald spot in the middle of his head and that he smelled of strong beer. The kind his father drank sometimes. His dad was really violent when he drank that type of beer so he could only guess this dude would be too. He closed his eyes and felt a surge of annoyance.

“Man, I didn’t do shit-“

At that moment Nick wished he had controlled that annoyance and hadn’t said anything. The guy made a swing at his head and succeeded to hit him. But not with his fist, a small wooden board. Nick fell stumbling on a curb, he could feel a small trickle of blood going down the side of his face.

“Nick!” yelled a voice from a distance. La’Toya, a friend of his, came running into view. Nick could feel himself being pulled into the van in a not so nice way by more than one pair of hands. He could probably fight back; he tried to pull away but failed. His head was killing him now. That van door was shut and Nick’s mouth was covered with a piece of duct tape. Nick stopped when he remembered hearing La’Toya’s voice, he had to tell her to get away but couldn’t. All he could do was listen to the sound of her voice.

“What’s going on?” asked La’Toya staring at the man that had just hit Nick.

“You’re a very nosy young lady aren’t you?” answered the man taking a step towards La’Toya.

“When it comes to my friends you better believe it,” La’Toya’s voice was strong and stern. The man took another step toward La’Toya but she stood her ground.

“Oh, now you wanna try to be brave? Look at what happened to your little friend!” the man laughed at her.

She didn’t answer but jumped away when the man swung at her. She landed in another man’s arms and was thrown into the van.

****

Cole looked over at Monique; Shawn had been paired up with her, Monique. Damn teacher, giving them another project with no warning, again.

She frowned as Shawn raised his hand, “ Mrs. Joel, I don’t get along with this person very well, can I switch partners?”

Mrs. Joel looked up and looked around, “Yes, switch with Cole.”

Cole smiled and Shawn frowned. She knew what he had wanted to do. She stopped smiling and Shawn started smiling after Mrs. Joel said almost the worst thing Cole could hear, “The groups will be lined up across the front of the room sitting in the order as follows: Cole and Monique- wait change that, Monique first then Cole then Shawn beside Cole and Eric…”

Cole stopped listening. She had to sit beside Shawn. That wasn’t good. Great, just great.

They all walked to their seats and sat down. Shawn leaned over to Cole to whisper something in her ear but Cole pushed him away. He frowned and pinched her She pinched him right back but harder. She looked at him and stared. He stared straight back. Shawn looked away when the bell rang. Cole smiled; she always won in a staring contest.

Cole and Monique gathered their books up. Monique noticed Shawn wouldn’t stop looking at Cole. She tapped Cole on the shoulder and pointed.

“Shawn, fuck the fuck off.”

“I’ll fuck you no problem Cole.”

“I’ll fuck your ugly ass up in a not so good way.”

“I’ll fuck you’re brother up again.”

“No you won’t you stupid asshole because he fucked you up.”

“No, I fucked him up.”

“I’ll fuck you up if you keep talking.” By this time they were in the hall walking. People were starting to stare.

“I’ll fuck you up so bad your brother won’t be able to get a jack stuck up his gay ass by you.”

At hearing this Cole stopped and looked at Shawn. He had just called her brother gay. Cole’s eyes darkened.

“Even if you could stick a jack up the fag’s ass he would probably love it and want something bigger.”

Monique could see Cole’s eyes getting darker and darker with each word Shawn said.

“Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes the seat off his bike and fucks him-.”

“You stupid motherfucking jackass! Talk about me all you want but when it come to my family you done crossed the line. Hey, why don’t you tell everyone how my brother almost broke your arm? He jacked you up. He will stick his foot up your ass. And you’ll like it.”

“You know I’m telling the truth.”

Cole kicked him hard where it hurts.

“You stupid bitch!”

Cole grabbed Monique’s arm and pulled her away.

****

“That’s what I’m talking about Cole! Everyone’s talking about it.”

Cole and Monique had decided to walk home. They were on Main Street. It was around 3:00 and they had wanted to take the city way out. They were having fun.

Cole laughed, “He was being an asshole. I’ve done that to Nick so many times when he was being an asshole so I’m used to being called a bitch.”

“Trust me, I know. But that was hilarious!”

Cole stayed quiet. Monique looked over to ask her what was wrong and saw she had stopped, “What’s wrong?”

Cole pointed. Monique looked and saw a bike. Was she thinking about stealing it? She was ghetto.

“Monique, that’s my brother’s bike.”

“Maybe he left it there on purpose?”

“On the curb in perfect view for my dad? Yea right, he’s not that stupid.”

“Maybe he is.” Monique and Cole turned to see Shawn.

“Fuck off.”

“Come here then!”

“Go away Shawn, we’re talking.”

“Good for you Monique. I have to talk to Cole.”

Cole looked at him, “Uh, no. Uh-uh, this is an A and B conversation; you need to C your way out.”

“I want to know what happened to Nicky though.”

Monique and Cole turned their backs to Shawn. They looked at each other and nodded and walked away. They wouldn’t get pissed at this poor excuse- no, not that- just Shawn.

“Fine, I’ll see you tomorrow!” Shawn walked away.

“Now, back to Nick. Are you sure that’s his bike?” Cole nodded, “Okay so it’s his bike. You know he wouldn’t leave it on the curb on purpose but it’s there.”

“He wouldn’t. Trust me, I know my brother.”

“Well, -.”

“Is that your brother?”

Cole and Monique turned and found something being put onto their faces. A cloth. They struggled but soon passed out. The man smiled and threw them into the van. All the needed was four strong kids that would listen. That’s what they got. It’s what they had. If only they knew.
4 adults... by Alana
Chapter 2

Two men got into the front of the van while another secured ropes around Cole and Monique.

"Tom! Hurry up! We gotta go, a bunch of kids are getting off a school bus and we probably look suspicious! Damn, what are you doing?"

Tom peered around to the front of the van as he finished. "I'm coming, chill out!" Tom shut the doors and ran to the front of the van and got in.

They all talked for about an hour before they turned on the radio. For that hour, 2 of the 4 kids were trying to untie their ropes. When the men turned on the radio they started talking to each other.

Nick was trying to get La'Toya's attention but she was busy trying to untie her feet with no hands. No luck.

"La'Toya, I think they knocked out. Toya! What are you doing?"

"Nick, these guys could be killers, we gotta get out of here!" They were whispering. Yelling in a whisper. La'Toya soon started to sweat and started breathing far faster then normal.

"What the hell? La'Toya, you look like you having' a panic attack."

"No, you don't say," She was now resting her head on her shoulder.

"Ok then, well while you're still awake-"

"I don't plan on going to sleep."

"Nick ignored her and continued, "Just help me try to wake them up," Nick kicked at Monique. After trying to kick her several times he succeeded in kicking her in her side. She didn't budge. Same with Cole.

"They out cold," said La'Toya, "What do we do now?"

"I should of never left the damn house..."

"You shoulda never got in that fight." After La'Toya said that the van took a violent turn. Nick and La'Toya were jerked a couple of inches from their seats, not that they had any; it was just a floor.

"You know, if we don't die from a car crash we'll-"

"Would you please just stop and shut up?" Nick was trying to think but couldn't when La'Toya was probably spelling out the end of their lives.

La’Toya looked away from Nick and stared at a long pipe. The same one that was used to hit Nick with. He needed to be hit again. If only Cole were awake so she could kick him in his balls. That would be nice.

The van took another violent turn and Nick and La'Toya were thrown from where they were sitting into their two friends. A couple of minutes later the van lurched to a stop sending Nick flying into a block of wood and La'Toya into a board.

"Are you ok?" asked La'Toya leaning forward to look through a crack in the board. She didn't wait for an answer as she asked, "Where’re we?"

"...I have no-" The van door was opened suddenly and a middle aged man appeared. He was carrying a knife in one hand and a black case in the other. A got on the van slowly. Nick acted as if he was knocked out while La'Toya glared at the man.

The man smiled at her as he moved towards her. "What's your problem?" La'Toya asked still glaring at the man.

He laughed and faced La'Toya face to face, "I have no problem, I just wanna put yall to work."

"Put us to work? What the-"

The man slapped her hard across her face, "Shut up! Why the hell can't you sleep like the others?"

La'Toya just sat there, shocked. Neither of them noticed Nick sitting up until he had kicked the man in the face, hard.

The man stumbled back and Nick looked at La'Toya, "You ok?" She just nodded.

"You wanna be the brave one huh? Kick me? Well boy, I'm gonna fuck you up, literally." The man's voice scared La'Toya half to death, Nick was about to be hurt! The man stood up slowly holding his nose, which was pulsing with blood. He lunged for Nick but was stopped by another man that had grabbed him.

"Not now, we gotta go."

"Naw, come on now, I think he should just get me now and get it over with. And to pass the time since those two still knocked out." La'Toya looked sharply over at Nick. Only he would say something like that.

The man that had just walked in frowned, "They still knocked out? Dammit."

"Yea, so maybe you should just-"

"If you were smart you'd shut the fuck up." Nick immediately shut up. La'Toya couldn't help but smile a little; he was always talking at the wrong time and shutting up at the right time.

Monique stirred. La'Toya and Nick looked toward her.

"Look at that, they waking up. You," He pointed to La'Toya," wake them up the rest of the way."

"I can't."

“Why the fuck not?"

La'Toya rolled her eyes, I'm still tied up." The man frowned and slowly moved to untie her. When she was untied La'Toya moved towards Monique. Her eyes were fluttering. Monique let out a loud moan. Her eyes opened," Hey Monique, you ok girl?"

Monique looked at her then Nick then Cole then at the men that were talking outside the van. "I was hoping this was a nightmare or something but I'm feeling a little bit of pain."

"It's ok, we gonna get out of this, somehow. Cole ain't awake yet but-"

"Crap, is she ok?"

"She ain't get no more then you so she should wake up soon. They gave yall, what's it called? Chloroform?"

Monique nodded looking worriedly over at Cole.

Cole soon let out a moan. She was slowly sitting up and looking around just as Monique had done. Nick moved towards her, he had somehow untied himself.

"You ok Cole? You don't feel sick right?"

"I'm ok, just a little headache. Where we at?"

They all shrugged. Suddenly a very large man walked up. He looked at the man Nick had kicked. "What happened to you?"

"That little brat," he pointed to Nick, "kicked me!"

The man looked at Nick and nodded slowly. "I'm Tony, that's Aladden, the one with the bloody nose is Steve and Bob's not here but he's the leader of this whole thing and you will cal him sir. Got me?" They all nodded. "Now what's all of yours names? First and last. We need to know the names of the kids that we putting to work."

They all looked at each other, "My name's Cole Carter."

"Mine's La'Toya Johnson."

"Monique Thompson."

The man, Tony, looked at Nick and asked his name, "Nick."

"Nick what? I haven't heard a last name from you."

"I haven't heard one from you either." Cole glared at her brother; Nick rolled his eyes, "It's Nick Carter."

"You're a brave kid ain't you? Talking back to a man that could snap your neck. You gonna be the trouble- maker, I can tell."

"Ok...." Nick glanced up to get a better look at Tony. His cold eyes were fixed on Nick and a large smirk shined across his face. “Do you have a staring problem?”

Tony backhanded Nick hard across the face, “Shut up!”

Cole tried to go to Nick but Tony grabbed her violently by the arm, “if you want to stay out of pain’s way then I would suggest you to listen-“

“We need to get these kids to the trucks. I’ll take these two you take those two. Let’s go.” The voice came from Steve who had La’Toya and Monique by the wrists.

Tony pulled Cole out of the van. She stood perfectly still. Should she fight or wait?

“Ok let’s go,” Steve led Monique and La’Toya across a large field where the grass reached all the way to their knees and no traffic sounds or any other sounds for that matter could be heard.

La’Toya was pissed off and Monique could tell by the way she pulled back from Steve every step they took. She walked slower but with long strides. Steve roughly pulled La’Toya up with him. This set her off. Everything she had been thinking about came out.

“What the fuck is yall’s problem? Can’t you tell from the way Nick’s acting we won’t go down without a fight? Well here’s a fight!” At hearing those words Monique looked over at La’Toya in time to her elbow jab Steve right below his belt. He fell down moaning in pain. He still had his grip on Monique forcing her to fall down with him. Monique didn’t stay long, she yanked free from his grip and jumped up to help La’Toya help Cole who was struggling to get away from Tony.

Everything stopped as Nick was grabbed from behind. There was a gun to his head. The person holding it was Bob.

“If yall want him to keep his brains in his head then you can all settle down and go back to who you were with. If you don’t, keep fighting. If you don’t care, run. If you care then, well, everybody’s happy.”

“You’re happy you mean,” muttered Nick. The three girls couldn’t help but roll their eyes at him. Only Nick would roll his eyes at someone that was holding a gun to his head.

The man looked at him, “Now you is doing more work.”

Nick rolled his eyes then looked at them as if to say, ‘do something!’. Hey all immediately moved to the men they had been with. Steve hit La’Toya and Monique upside their heads as Cole just stood with Tony.

“Let’s go.” Bob pulled Nick and the others followed after.

They walked. And walked. And walked more. They walked over gravel. They walked through woods. They walked over more gravel. They walked for hours until they reached 4 trucks. Behind the trucks there was only dirt and gravel.

Bob pushed Nick towards a truck, “You comin’ with me. One kid a truck. One grown a truck. You know where we goin’. Let’s go.”

****

(AN: this next part is just each individual with the person they went with. Whether it is in the truck or a break from the truck.)

**Cole**

Cole’s heart was racing. She had never known or even thought she would be kidnapped. He, her brother or her friends. It was always when you live in the subbies you is safe. At least that’s what they mom would say. ‘A small town by the city you ain’t got to worry but if you I the city you better worry real good.’ Maybe Monique asking about those kidnapped kids was an omen? Well, not an omen but a warning? Not from her but from, Cole’s eyes rolled up to the top of the truck. It was black. If you saw black that meant something bad was gonna happen. That’s why guns were black. If you saw white, hope. Her brother’s words. Her dumb yet smart brother’s words. But then again he’s not dumb, he’s stupid. His words again. That got Cole to wondering if she would ever hear his words out loud again. He had the smartest mouth out of everyone she knew. Cole bit her lip softly. She thought about losing a twin and bit down as hard as she could.

“Hey, whatcha doin’ little lady? Don’t hurt yourself.” Tony laughed softly, “What’s that? Blood?” Tony reached over to grab her chin but Cole moved away. Tony’s eyes filled with fury. “You know what?” Tony roughly grabbed Cole and pulled her on top of him. He moved out from under her and reached behind the seat. As he felt the truck slow down and swerve he roughly hit Cole in the head, “Drive dammit!” He turned back around as Cole slowly pressed down on the pedal and put her hands on the steering wheel. She looked around. It was a desert for miles. She saw another truck and decided to follow it.

Cole bit her lip. She glanced beside her at Tony. What was he doing?

What he was doing was looking for his gun. Tony pulled it out and held it towards Cole. He was smiling. “This, my beautiful little lady, is a pistol. The only one I got. It’s right here. In the back of this truck in this box. It’s a blue box.” He smiled at her. Cole just sat terrified. He laughed at her. He slowly put it away.

Tony then moved Cole out of the way and smiled, “I see you were smart enough to follow the leader?” He laughed.

They drove on. Tony laughing every so often at Cole who looked as she felt, terrified. They soon came to a large barb wired fence. Behind it was three small buildings.


****

**La’Toya**

They had been driving for a while when Bob had said they would take a short little break.

“Ha, you look like you’re scared. What’s wrong baby? I’ll try not to hurt you too bad.”

“Oh mother fucker you’re a-“ La’Toya began trying to get away.

Before La’Toya could finish Steve had stopped in his tracks and wrapped his arms around her waist. “You’re pushin’ it to the limit.” La’Toya managed to choke out.

“No, this is pushing it to the limit.” Steve pulled La’Toya against his hard body. Wrong move. Without thinking La’Toya wrenched out of his grip and made a run for it. Stumbling on a large rock she fell. She picked herself up and started to run again. She suddenly felt two large hands wrap around her neck. She tried to get them off but no luck.

Steve dragged La’Toya back to the truck and slammed her up against the door. He pinned her arms o either side of her.

“You know, the more you fight the more I want you. So keep fighting, please,” Steve moved his lips toward hers.

La’Toya’s mind was racing, ‘Too close, too close. Back it up asshole.’

She went to try to move away but was too late. Steve kissed La’Toya hard and moved his hands down her body. Breaking the one-sided kiss. Steve’s eyes bore down on her. She had no idea what to do. Run? Yell? Just let him do his business? Steve seemed to have read La’Toya’s mind.

“Just let me do what I wanna do baby. Then we both move on. You move on to your work and I move on to one of the others. How about it?”

“Asshole, “whispered La’Toya looking into Steve’s cold gray eyes.

“Why you gotta be like that? All I want is a little lovin’. Is that too much to ask for?” Steve chuckled.

“Boy, you’re asking for it,” answered La’Toya breathing harder and faster. Steve roughly kissed her again.

“I’m not asking for it, I’m demanding it,” Steve’s hands traveled up to cup La’Toya’s breasts in his hands. They then traveled down to unbutton her jeans. La’Toya’s eyes closed. She was about to be raped in the middle of a desert that was in the middle of nowhere. And in March!

La’Toya’s eyes snapped open as she felt Steve’s hands leave her body.

“What the hell are you thinking? If they’re in pain they won’t work. We’re leaving no. Let’s go!”

La’Toya breathed a sigh of relief. Bob had just pretty much saved her dignity. She couldn’t help but smile as Steve and her climbed into the truck,

They drove for a couple of more hours, neither saying a word. They drove until the reached a barbed wire fence. Behind it was three small buildings.


****


**Monique**

She sat there in the seat quietly. This guy was really quiet. He hadn’t said a word to her since they had gotten into the truck. She was starting to feel how Nick probably felt when his medicine was wearing off and he had to be quite and sit still. Monique smiled softly to herself.

Monique glanced out the window, the three other trucks and, well, desert. Lots to look at. The trucks windows were tinted. She wondered what the others were doing, thinking. Well, Monique was tired of thinking.

“What are you going to do with us?” Monique asked in a quiet voice, Aladden just looked at her. “You don’t talk much.”

“It seems that if we talk you kids want to hit. Especially your blond friend.” Monique smiled at that, “But more so if you talk you give out your secrets.”

“What secrets do you have?”

“One’s that are mine.” Aladden looked at her again. “In answer to your question, put you to work. Give you all some discipline. He looked away. Conversation over.

Monique bit her lip. She thought they all had enough discipline. Their parents weren’t ones to just ground you.

Monique stopped. He said pt to work? Sure it had been said a couple million times but put to work how? Lord knows it wouldn’t be no fun. No matter how fun it is, it’s always for a cause. ‘Work ain’t fun, it’s work for what you want.’ Monique vaguely remembered her father’s words to her. What cause did these men want them to do work for? Maybe it was a good cause? Yea, right.

She decided to stop thinking and just sit. They drove for a couple of hours more before they reached a barbed wire fence. Behind it was three small buildings.


****


**Nick**

Bob looked over at Nick, “So you the only kid here that’s a boy huh? A boy that had the nerve to roll his eyes at me. Even though I had a gun to his head?”

Nick ignored him. He just looked out the window. This dude had to be crazy. All these people. Bob roughly hit Nick in the shoulder. Hard.

“Ow! What’d you do that for?” Nick glared at Bob while rubbing his shoulder. That better not leave a bruise…

“You never ignore me. You obey to what I say. You follow my orders, answer my questions, and listen!” Bob was fuming. This boy had just asked about something he did? He could kill him!

“You know, you just said the same thing like, three times, sire.”

“Don’t call me that, Call me sir. Not sire. Sir. Got me?”

Nick rolled his eyes. This guy was dense. “Sorry sir. I’ll never call you sire again………Bob.” Nick smiled on the inside. He loved pissing ‘grown’ people off. Especially the ones that would hit him. He looked over at Bob. His ears were turning red.

“What the fuck did you just call me?”

“Bob. Why? I can’t call you that either? What about…Robert maybe? Or Caesar? Or maybe R.C.?”

“How in the hell?”

“I have my ways.” Nick smiled. He knew how to pickpocket. Quite good at it. Dumbass dumb enough to keep his wallet in his pocket during kidnapping. Nick smiled again and waved Bob’s wallet in his face. Bob’s eyes flashed as he snatched it out of Nick’s hand.

“I need a break.” Bob quickly swerved the truck the right and stopped. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out some handcuffs. He handcuffed Nick to the steering wheel and moved to get out.

“I could be like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour! Waaawwww… Hi…yaw!” the door slammed, “Well fuck you too asshole.” Nick muttered. He looked around; he needed something to do.

Nick sat bored out of his mind for what felt like hours. It had only been ten minutes. When he saw Bob coming back he quickly kicked the lock. It went down. Bo smiled at him and pulled out the keys, “Didn’t get these did you?” Nick didn’t answer, as he was interested in the other trucks now. Hey look! They didn’t have any license plates. So weird.

Bob looked oddly over at Nick as he took off the handcuffs. He was quiet, too quiet.

Nick looked at Bob as he started the truck. He smiled. Bob looked…disturbed. So weird.

They drove until they reached a barbed wire fence. Behind it was three buildings.

****

Inside the barbed wire fence everyone stepped out if the trucks. The kids looked around at their surroundings. The grownups looked at each other. It was a small town. A very small town at that. So weird.






AN: Thanks to everybody who reviewed. Reviews got me back to typing when the computer went out on me right when I was done. Then, lo and behold! It was recovered. Yea baby. Well thanks for the reviews. And I’ll try to get out the next chapter (that’s not written) ASAP. I’m one of those authors that even if she is done writing the chapter she won’t type it. I’m just like that sometimes. Plus, if I get more reviews then I’ll push PhaPha to write so that we can get the chapter done with faster. (Did I mention this is a collaboration thingy?) :o)
domestic punishment.... by Alana
Sorry bout the wait. Next one should (hopefully) be out in a matter of a couple of weeks.



Chapter 3


One by one, the trucks drove into a straight line in front of one of the biggest buildings. There was one truck missing though. Most of the men had an easy time getting the teens to cooperate. But Nick and La’Toya must have been the noisiest people in the whole ‘mini- town’ (what Nick had decided to call it right when he saw it).

“Put your hand on my ass again and I’ll bust a cap in yo-“ La’Toya yelled while Bob pushed her into line.

After La’Toya stopped yelling Nick found it a good time to start making some noise too, “Go Toy, it’s your birthday, gonna party like it’s your birthday-.”

“I’ve just about had it with you.” Said Bob pressing the gun to Nick’s temple.

“Yea well…” replied Nick. His eyes scanned the ground for any sign of his sister. There was no trace of her truck anywhere. Most of the day Nick wasn’t too scared, he knew that they’d somehow escape but now he wasn’t so sure. His heart had started beating faster and he might’ve broken a sweat right then and there.

“I want those two on digging duty-,” Bob ordered, pointing at La’Toya and Monique. “And whenever Tony gets back and joins us, he’ll be watching.”

“What about the twins?” Alladen broke in. How they figured out Nick and Cole were twins Nick had no idea. A wicked smile formed across Bob’s face.

“Sir?”

“It has occurred to me,” answered Bob pressing the barrel even more into Nick’s temple, “that these twins could be a little bit of a problem, so I’ve asked Tony if he could work some of his magic. The rest of you to work now.”

“Come on now, let’s not act dumb,” breathed Nick, his eyes had closed.

“Point?” asked Bob, raising an eyebrow.

“My sister, Bob, sir, whatever you want me to call you?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes it does.”

“Well not anymore…”

(Meanwhile Cole’s truck was heading in a whole different direction.)

Cole was wondering why the heck they weren’t following the other trucks when Tony grabbed her wrist and dug his nails into her skin. He was looking at her and smiling.

“So, what are ya thinking about? Maybe that I ain’t following them?”

She stared at Tony and just nodded. They were heading toward a big red barn.

“Well, you’re in a situation. This situation rests on the hands of your brother.

“And how is that?” She roughly pulled away from Tony. A thought then hit her. She could take a run for it, hide, and get away. The barn was just a couple yards away. She opened the door. She looked and saw Tony making a grab for her.

Before she realized what she was doing, Cole though herself out of the truck. Stumbling a little, she ran for the door of the barn. While Tony seemed to take his time getting out of the truck, she got to the door.

Cole pulled the handle…it opened! She ran inside and looked around frantically hoping to find a place to hide. There were piles of hay everywhere and a fenced area that was fit for an animal. But neither was good enough. She spotted a ladder and ran to climb it. There were three platforms and she climbed to the first one.

“Wilma! I’m home!” Tony laughed at his own stupid joke.

Cole hit her head in the process of trying to hide. Knocking over a wooden bucket down to the ground in the process. “Oh nice going,” Cole thought to herself.

Tony snickered to himself and started to climb the ladder.

When he reached the first platform, he withdrew a small pocketknife.

Cole was still in the process of trying to get through a door that seemed to lead to a tool room, but it didn’t budge. Before she even had time to think, Tony was standing above her, abandoning the knife and wrapping his hands around her throat. He pulled her toward him. Cole could feel herself losing strength and energy extremely fast…she had little time to try to think of something before she would pass out.

Cole’s eyes fell on a gun, stuffed in Tony’s belt, but how could she get it? Maybe she could kick him in the knee? No, Tony wouldn’t even flinch…Cole’s eyes started roll back into her head involuntarily and her head rolled onto her shoulder. There was nothing else to do so Cole kicked Tony with all her strength, right below the belt. It didn’t do much but Tony loosened his grip on her and she made a desperate grab for the gun and got it.

Cole backed away slowly leveling the gun at Tony’s head. Her hand was shaking because one, she’d never held a gun in her entire life, and two, she was on the verge of collapsing.

Cole took a long painful breath and looked directly into Tony’s cold gray eyes, were her eyes playing tricks on her or was Tony smiling at her? He really was smiling, more then that, he was laughing at her! How could he laugh when he was practically looking death in the eye?

She didn’t even want to think about it, all she wanted to do was run. So she ran, to the ladder and climbed down it then jumped off the last few rings to the ground. The gun felt like a dead weight on Cole’s arms but at this point her entire body was numb.

Light.

She was getting closer to the exit now, only a few feet away. Steps away. Her hand clamped down on the barn door and she pulled with all her might. Not even taking a second to glance at Tony, the door opened and Cole sprinted to the truck.

She was almost to the truck when she heard a crash and saw Tony flying over her. He had just crashed through the thin wood that had been above he head while in the barn.

Tony landed straight in front of Cole and smiled at her, “Didn’t know I could do that did you?”

“Sorry never thought about it, but that was great,” Cole rasped. She then raised the gun so it was pointing at Tony’s forehead, again. And again, Tony was smiling.

“Shoot me. There ain’t no special crap on the stupid thing or anything. It shouldn’t be hard, as long as you know how to pull a trigger.”

Cole glared at him, “I watch T.V.” Cole pulled the trigger. She shut her eyes.

Click.

Cole’s eyes opened and she stared at Tony, her eyes wide. She pulled the trigger again. And again, and again.

Click. Click. Click.

She glared at Tony, who was laughing at this point, “It ain’t’ loaded anyway!” She swung at Tony.

Tony caught the gun and pulled it away from her. He pointed it in the air and shot. There was a loud bang and smoke came from the gun.

Cole’s mouth dropped open. She then frowned.

“I knew you had the guts. Too bad it was loaded. One more pull of the trigger. That’s all you needed.” Tony laughed, “Come on, oh boy I can’t wait to tell Bob.”

Tony pulled the now shocked Cole to the truck and pushed her in. He then got in and pushed the gas pedal, it had never been turned off. They went on their way to meet up with the others. In other words, Bob and Nick.
down to 3... by Alana
Hola, another chapter! YAY!



Chapter 4



“Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap,” Nick kept muttering to himself underneath his breath. Him and Bob had been sitting for about 15 minutes.

Bob looked at Nick and smirked. He knew the kid was expecting the body of his dead sister. He smiled. The truck with Tony and Cole was just rounding around one of the buildings, the biggest one. The place where they would be eating and doing many ‘inside’ things.

Nick immediately stopped and looked up. His eyes were wide and it looked as though he might cry but he didn’t. He was shaking and pale.

The truck pulled to a stop a few feet away from them and Tony stepped out. He walked around to the passengers’ side and opened the door. Cole was slumped in the seat. She was still in a bit of shock. If anything, Nick and Cole looked the exact same, only Nick looked to be guilty of something and Cole was, well sort of in shock, back to reality.

Bob looked at Nick, smiling. Tony looked at Nick, smiling. Nick looked at Cole, frowning. Cole looked at Nick, frowning.

Bob forcefully pulled Nick down when he tried to get up, “See Nick? See what you did? She’s gonna be scarred for life because of you! Luckily she ain’t dead huh? Yea, lucky. No thanks to you of course. To tell you the truth, she should come over here and punch you. But of course she’ll-,” Bob was cut off by a fist connecting with his face. He looked up to see Nick charging to get to Cole. Tony was blocking his way.

“Move! What the fuck did you do to her? If you laid one finger on her, I promise I’ll-“ Bob cut him off by pressing the barrel to Nick’s temple, again.

“How many times have I had to put this fucking gun to YOUR FUCKING HEAD?” Bob’s voice rose. His face was now throbbing in pain and he was trying to hide it.

“First of all, let me finish my sentence,” the gun didn’t bother Nick at all. Nick looked at Tony, “If you laid a finger on my sister I will make sure you never have any fingers to use for your natural born life,” Nick smiled at Tony the looked to Bob, “As for you, Bob, a lot of times more. Oh and your voice sounded a little crackly there too.”

Bob stood there pissed off. Never again was another one of these kids getting punished for something the other did! Not alone anyway. They’ll take the rap themselves! “Fuck!”

Cole looked at Nick and smiled. It was pretty nice having a smart-mouthed brother. He probably wouldn’t do anything until he felt the need to but it was all good.

***

Monique and La’Toya stood there staring at each other. They were having a staring contest. Digging holes had gotten pretty boring. They could only guess what the holes were gonna get filled up.

They were both startled as they saw a bunch of red ants come out of a small ant hill nearby. The ants were the big, ugly, and red type. They were also heading straight for the two girls.

“Think we should run? I think we should run. Let’s run,” they ran.

Then they heard a loud gunshot and the ants scattered. They turned and saw Steve standing there.

“Come back my little chickadees. I won’t hesitate to shoot you if you don’t!”

They both rolled their eyes and slowly walked back to Steve. He grabbed them and wrapped them in his arms, “What is up my homies?” He laughed, “Time to go eat. I’m sure you’re hungry. Seems your friend took shorter then expected.”

He was bombarded with questions. He didn’t answer one though. They all walked toward the biggest building, ready to eat.

When they got in, they were surprised, then surprised again.

“Where are Nick and Cole at? Aren’t they eatin’? And what the hell is this glop?” Nick and Cole weren’t there and the food didn’t look like food at all.

“Not here. And food, thank you very fucking much! We made that damn food!”

“Oh we’re sorry, we didn’t recognize it. And why ain’t Cole and Nick here?”

“Fuck you! Very soon…” Steve smiled to himself.

At this point, Monique stepped in, “You wanna fuck her? You gotta get through me to get to her. Stupid motherfucker.”

Steve smiled wider, “Wow! Another fuck. And to get to you I’ll have to get through Cole? Then to get her, I’ll have to get through Nick…yes, that’s like, 4 fucks. Oh I can’t wait until they get back…”

Steve was met with a slap to the face. Surprisingly by Monique.

“You bitch! My bitch.” Steve laughed.

“Where are Nick and Cole at?” sighed Monique. La’Toya stood behind her, her mouth dropped open.

“Tony took Cole somewhere and came back early. Or maybe not. Or maybe-“

“We got the picture. Anyways, are we supposed to eat that crap?”

***

Bob stood there staring at Nick. Nick stared back. Tony and Cole sat back watching the two.

Bob finally broke the silence, “You just cussed me out,” he shook his head. “Your little self just cussed me out. I should kill you. But I won’t. I’m better than that. Maybe I’ll leave that to Tony. Or maybe I’ll send you off with Steve. Or maybe I could even sit you in a room alone with Alladen. Huh, so many choices. Could always call home!”

Nick frowned. He looked toward Cole, she was frowning too. What was he getting at?

“Yes, I could call home. No, no, no. Better idea, have you call home. Cuss out your own damn mother. Or- you got a girlfriend?” Bob started laughing, “Boy, I’ll make you regret all them times you fucking disobeyed me.”

Bob suddenly stood up, “I’ll talk it over with Alladen, Steve, and Tony later on.” Bob looked at his watch, “It’s time for them to eat our great food. Guess what? We cooked it ourselves! Gotta eat.”

Nick snorted. Cole actually let out a laugh, “If you want us to eat, we can cook it ourselves.”

They looked at each other and burst out laughing. There was no reason for it, the tension had became too much for them to handle.

Bob and Tony looked at each other. The both glared at Nick and Cole. It was obviously a stupid twin thing. Tony grabbed Nick and Bob grabbed Cole. They pulled them to the truck.

“Where we going?” Nick inquired.

“I told you.”

“We’re going to eat this oh so good food they cooked for us.” Cole told Nick.

Nick nodded smirking, “I ain’t eating it till I see them eatin’ the crap.”

Tony elbowed him, “Shut up.”

“You should pay more attention to your driving.”

Cole looked at him, “Nick?”

“Yea?”

“Shut up.”

“K.”

Bob and Tony looked at each other. These kids were brats. Not spoiled but still brats.

Tony had driven a couple times around the building then pulled to a stop in front of the two large wooden doors leading in.

“What’s this?” asked Cole.

“A building, duh,” answered Nick. Cole glared.

“This is where you’ll be eating,” said Bob.

“Oh.”

They all got out of the truck, Bob and Tony keeping a hold of Cole and Nick, and walked into the building. It looked as crappy in the inside as it did on the outside.

As they walked in, they saw Monique and La’Toya sitting, staring at something. They didn’t seem to notice them come in. Steve was at another one of the wooden tables. Old, rotting wooden tables.

“Yep, nice place you got here Bobby.”

Monique and La’Toya jerked around to look at them. When they saw them and processed who they were they jumped up.

“Cole! Are you okay? That asshole wouldn’t tell us where you was at…and what the hell happened to you?” La’Toya said this all in one breath. They both, La’Toya and Monique, stared at Bob. His cheek was puffy and red, “I’m guessing Nick.”

Nick smiled, “Yep, it was me. I messed him up real good there didn’t I? He was about to cry. Horrible. Horrific. And Cole said she’s fine.”

“You’re stupid Nick. Real stupid,” Monique said, then whispered, “Quit hitting them so damn much, damn.”

Nick just smiled, “So, what’s to eat?”

“Crap.”

“Thought so.”

Bob glared at Nick and Monique, “Stop talking and go sit down and eat.”

“What are you gonna eat?”

“None of your business.”

“Bet you it’s not what we gonna eat,” Cole whispered to Nick, Monique, and La’Toya.

“That’s it! Steve, get them to work on digging! Fuck!”

“Digging? That’s so boring!” La’Toya grumbled.

“So?”

“So you can get up and do it yourself!”

“What you say to me girl?” Bob choked.

“You heard me!” La’Toya yelled back.

“You know, I really don’t think I did.”

Nick leaned against the table and propped a foot up on one of the old, ugly broken down chairs.

“Toy don’t,” Cole and Monique said in unison.

“Don’t what? He really needs to fucking hear this!” La’Toya flung back, shocking her friends. Bob reached out to grab her and at the same moment Nick pushed the chair from under his feet intending on making Bob trip. Of course, something had to go wrong.

Bob caught the chair in mid-air. His voice echoed throughout the building,” Do you little brats really think I’d snatch you if I thought you could overthrow me?” Steve laughed. “Now, I’ll repeat myself, what-did-you-say-to-me-girl?”

La’Toya straightened her stance and matched Bob’s voice.

“Read my lips, for-get-it.”

Bob threw the chair, hitting La’Toya in the head. She fell to the floor.

“Toy!” Cole yelled.

Bob pulled out his gun, “Everyone sit down!” Pause, “Don’t yall get it? This is not Candyland! You want to fucking live and make it through this? Follow my fucking rules!”

“Oh, we’re gonna follow your fucking rules alright,” Nick said in a low, almost dangerous voice.

“Nick, sit the hell down and don’t do or say anything stupid, please!” Cole whispered as she and Monique took a seat.

Monique’s eyes were glued to La’Toya’s’ limp body. “She’s not moving,” she whimpered.

Alladen then appeared out of nowhere, stopping at Bob to get permission to do whatever he was about to do. Bob nodded and Alladen bent down on his hands and knees beside La’Toya. He picked her up and carried her out. Steve smiled at Alladen as he walked out the door.

“You don’t think she’s-“ Monique started.

“No,” Nick cut her off, taking a seat on the other side of Cole. “Don’t think like that, plus it was only a crack on the head.”

“Like a concussion or fracture?” Monique asked leaning back across the table.

“Probably, at the worst,” he replied.

Cole bit her lip, speechless. For the first time in a while, Nick was being serious. “Please let her be okay.” She thought to herself.

“Bon a petit!“ Bob yelled, making them all jump unexpectedly.

Bob set a wrapped plate in front of them and uncovered it.

“If you’re gonna make us slave our lives away for you, you could at least fucking give us something eatable!” Nick yelled, suddenly on his feet again.

“Is it alive?” Cole whispered, on her feet as well.

Monique on the other hand just put her head down and started balling her eyes out. The food they received looked like a combination of moldy meat (it was hard to distinguish between that and some sort of creature) and something that used to be fruit in a former life, before it was devoured, then thrown up.

“We’re never going to survive this,” Monique said from in her arms.

“You better eat if you want your strength for tomorrow, especially you Nick, you got triple.”

“What! Why?”

“Well, you didn’t do anything today and I don’t think you’re friend will want to go tomorrow…”

“That’s a piece of-!”

“Language please.” Bob said, waving a finger at Nick.

Bob began to walk away, “You guys are in charge, if they choose not to eat, send them to bed or something, or more work will do. The authorities will probably be out on search parties soon over in this area and we have to have them not making a sound.” Bob sighed and looked back over his shoulder, “Understand?”

The men nodded.

With that, he was gone.

“We’ll need to watch out for that one,” Cole said, indicating Tony.

“We’ll need to watch our back period.”

Monique watched Nick sit down grumbling about what Bob had just said and to her surprise, he actually picked up the food.

“Please say you’re not about to eat that shit,” Monique managed to say.

“Do I look hungry to you?” Nick asked.

“Well actually-“

“So how are we gonna get out of this?” Cole asked cutting off the sure to be argument and glaring at Steve, who in turn was staring back.

“First of all, just pretend like you guys are eating, if we don’t, according to Bob, we’ll be forced to go to sleep. I don’t think we’d be made to go to sleep either.”

“Oh hell no,” Monique exclaimed.

Nick didn’t hesitate, he took the so called food in his hand and threw it at Monique.

She looked momentarily stunned.

“Just what do you think you’re doing!” Cole bit out.

Nick smiled, “I know I ain’t all that good at math but it’s a 50/50 thing. Having fun, and causing trouble. My two favorite things in the world.”

Cole laughed and took a handful of crap and threw it at Nick. The thing is, it didn’t hit Nick, it hit Steve.

“I do declare fifty points to Cole for hitting the goon, fifty to whoever hits the other one!” Nick sounded like a game host, all the funnier.

Monique didn’t even try to stop laughing

Steve started toward the table, “You little bitch.”

Cole backed into the table behind her.

“Well, technically a bitch is a female dog.” Nick said, stepping in front of Cole, “Get it straight.”

Tony showed up in front of Nick pulling out a pocketknife, “Do you know what it feels like to taste metal.”

“No, but I hear it causes bad breath.”

“It causes more then that.”

“Well if it tastes like that shit right there, I’d rather not consume it.”

“Move!” Tony said, at the same time grabbing Monique’s arm none too gently. Nick didn’t move so Tony grabbed Nick’s hair, probably yanking out a couple of strands.

Steve stepped up.

“You’re a brave little girl.” Steve stated.

Cole stopped breathing.

Steve put his hands on both sides of Cole, pinning her against the table.

“How much more of this are we going to put up with?” Steve said, rubbing his hand across her cheek.

Cole tried to pull away but Steve caught her chin in his hand.

“Don’t you start fucking with her,” Nick yelled.

At the same time Monique’s shaky voice said, ”Leave her alone!”

“Do you want to become a part of that?” Tony asked, tightening his grip on her arm.

Monique shook her head no.

“Then I suppose you keep your mouth shut.” Tony suggested with a smile. “To tell you the truth, I’m not as nice as Steve or Bob, if it was me out there, you’d all be fucking dead,” Tony whispered in Monique’s ear.

There was a loud crash.

“What the hell-“ started Tony.

“Oh, way to go Cole!” Monique yelled.

Cole had had enough. She had kicked Steve in the forbidden area.

“This is our chance!” yelled Monique, “RUN!”

One guy against three teens, they had to make it out.

Cole struggled to fight off Steve, while Nick’s fist met Tony’s jaw, pulling Monique away from Tony. “Cole come on!”

“A little help!” Cole yelled, but in reality, she looked like she was handling herself pretty well. Steve had one hand clamped down on Cole’s leg and she kept giving him nice kicks in the face.

***

La’Toya fluttered her eyes, the room was really dark, the only light visible was one from a crack in the side of the wall. She tried to lift her head but an incredible amount of pain hit her. She grabbed her head leaning off the bed.

“Don’t fall, you’ll only make it worse,” came a voice from the darkness.

La’Toya felt a hand pulling her back onto the bed.

“Okay, this is gonna hurt for only a second, I promise,” it was a male’s voice, that’s all she could tell, his features were distorted in the darkness.

La’Toya felt ice being applied to her head.

“Shit! That stings!”

“Big baby,” said the voice, his features came into focus as he lit a match for a single candle. It was on a small wooden desk in a corner.

“Alladen right?” La’Toya whispered.

“Yeah.” Alladen carried the candle to La’Toya’s eyes.

“Why are you helping?”

“I don’t want to see you kids hurt,” he said, taking a first aid kit from the bottom of the bed. He extracted bandages from the case.

“Teens. I’m a teen.”

“Like I haven’t noticed,” Alladen started, wrapping La’Toya’s head in a long white bandage.

“Is it still daytime?” La’Toya asked, avoiding the urge to scream from pain.

“Evening. I’m not sure of the time…it’s getting dark fast.”

“Then why don’t we turn on a light?”

“There’s no electricity here, we’re off the whole site.”

“Are there curtains?”

“Yes, no opening because I told Bob only a band-aid for the cut on your head, but you need rest and at least a little medical attention, my abilities only go so far.”

“So that’s the reason we’re in the dark. Am I missing something?”

“Yea, you are,” Alladen laughed. “See, you actually have a head injury. More then what Bob thinks. See, if I left you out there, you could have went into ‘critical’ condition. Bob wouldn’t have cared. Do you know how much trouble I’d be in if he or one of his bums see me giving you extra attention? No, well let me explain.” Alladen made a gun out of his hand and put it to his head, “Get the picture?”

La’Toya nodded, so your taking a big risk helping me?”

“Yea.”

“Thanks…that’s very….nice of you.”

Alladen smiled softly.

“Why are you a part of Bob’s crew anyway.”

Alladen sighed,” Okay, Bob can never ever know I told you this…”

La’Toya nodded. Bad move, her head hurt worse.

He blew out the candle.

“I can’t see worth crap.”

“Let your eyes adjust.”

“Right.”

There was a rumbling of drawers and paper and Alladen could be seen drawing back the curtains slightly, obviously checking to make sure no one was in ear shot, not that anyone would be. Next, he got on the floor, right next to the crack in the wall.

“What are you doing?” La’Toya asked.

“It’s starting to get dark, which will make it easier for someone to notice light coming from here.” There was a long pause while he un-crumbled a paper.

“What’s that?” La’Toya said, attempting to get a closer look.

“Just turn your head a little, not a lot. You’ll hurt yourself.”

“Okay.”

“Look, Bob is making a village establishment and he needs the essential part. See, sure I’m a mastermind at stealing, that’s how I make my life. And Bob came up to me personally and offered me a bunch of money-“

“How much?” La’Toya cut in.

“Have you seen Michael Jackson’s place?”

“Have you seen his face?”

“Nope, but I hear he’s got a skin disease.”

“You heard right, I guess.” There was a pause, in which La’Toya switched her position on the bed, so she could get a closer look. “What about him?”

“His house, the money Bob offered, could pay for two of those houses.”

“And you think you gonna get that money? Uh, no.”

“Yes, anyways, see the bigger this place gets the more money comes in. See this?” Alladen pointed at the paper in his hands, it was a scraggly drawing, “This is what the place is probably going to look like.”

“Dang, that’s cool.”

“No, it’s terrible.”

“What?”

“It’s supposed to be a place where escaped criminals can come and do their drug stuff.”

“How do they get out?”

“One answer.”

“Bob?”

“Bingo.”

“So…um…how’s everybody else?”

“I don’t know. How are they? How are you? I’m getting you guys out of here.”

“What?” La’Toya was shocked, a kidnapper returning the kidnapped. Woah.

“Here’s how it’s going…”

***

There was a loud gunshot. They all stopped and jumped. Then looked up. Bob stood there.

“What the hell are you doing huh? I bet you started it you mother fuckin’ brat! Damnit! Why the fuck can’t you listen?” Bob was making his way towards Nick, quickly.

“Bob, I think you need to settle down and slow down. You have a gun in your hand! You could shoot somebody. High blood pressure happens easily in 50 year olds like yourself ya know.”

Cole elbowed her brother, “Shut up!”

“What? It’s true!”

Bob stopped straight in front of Nick. He raised his hand to hit him but was distracted.

“Sir?” Alladen stood at the door. “If you like I can deal with them. There’s something I’d like to tell them anyway.”

Bob frowned, distracted, “ Take the girls, I wanna deal with him.”

“Sir, I think-“ Alladen stopped, noticing he sounded too needy and desperate,” Alright, ladies. Come on.”

Cole and Monique looked at each other and decided to go with Alladen. They followed him our. Before Cole was out the door she turned and yelled, “Steve started it! And don’t you fuck with my brother!”

The door slammed shut.

***

Cole and Monique were met with a truck. And La’Toya was against it, her head against the window.

They ran towards her, both talking and laughing, loudly.

Alladen immediately silenced them, “Too loud, way too loud. Look, I’ll be getting you all out of here, now.”

“What about Nick?” asked La’Toya, who seemed not to be in any pain, although she was.

“I’ll get him, don’t worry.”

“Worry about what?”

They all jumped and turned around. Steve stood there.

“I heard everything Alladen. So, you wanna get these brats out of here huh?” Steve turned and yelled, “BOB!

“It’s not good to be a tattle tale.”

“It’s not good to be a bitch either,” Steve sneered back. Cole glared at him.

Bob walked out,” What?” Nick wasn’t with him.

Steve walked over and whispered in Bob’s ear. Bob nodded and looked at Alladen.

“So, I have a liar and a cheat working for me? I don’t like those kind.” Bob pulled out his gun and raised it to Alladen’s head, “You never go against me Alladen, never.” He pulled the trigger and Alladen fell to the ground. No blood, just a hole in his head. He was dead.

Monique, Cole, and La’Toya screamed. Then they tried to run. Bob fired another shot at the ground. They froze.

“Where’s Nick? If you hurt him I will-“

“Right here.” Nick stood there, his eyes wide. Tony stood behind him, smiling.

They all stood there silently, not saying a word. They stood there for what seemed like forever, but was only minutes.

“It’s only about,” Bob looked at his watch, “7:55. Are yall ready to work yet? Or eat?” He laughed softly.

They all looked at each other. Each one challenging another. The 4 kids stood together and eyed the 3 adults. The 3 adults did the same. They were scared, the kids, they were trying to protect one another, making threats they’d never fulfill. One was more vulnerable then the other. La’Toya, Monique, Cole, Nick. In that order. From most vulnerable to least vulnerable, or was it the other way around? The one boy was stronger then all of the girls because of genes but because he was the boy, was he most vulnerable? Or least because he was a boy?







A/N: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Gotta crack the back. Oh no it won’t crack. Did I do good? Longest chapter I’ve ever written. I stuck with it. Stuck with typing it out. Thanks to Phaedra for writing about 7 or 8 pages of it! You type it out Phaedra! Gosh darnit. I have a word in here somewhere that is probably misspelled, bon a petit? I don’t know how you spell it. And I ain’t changing it! Gosh darnit. Well, Alladen’s dead. Poor Alladen. Review and maybe possibly tell me what you think? :o)
woah... by Alana
Chapter 5







They all stood back, sweaty and out of breath. They had been digging small holes for hours while La’Toya told the others what Alladen had told her.

“What’s this have to do with digging holes though?” inquired Cole.

“I don’t know, I just know he was at least going to get us away from here.”

They nodded.

Hearing a noise other then one any of them made, they all looked up to see Tony coming there way.

“Hey kiddies. Bet you’re tired. Come on.” Tony said it all quickly and turned and walked away. Obviously expecting them to follow but not really caring.

They all immediately got up quickly and followed. Cole noticed Nick walking a little tightly.

“Nick? What’s wrong?” she whispered.

“Nothing, I just gotta pea.”

“Your sugar’s high ain’t it?”

“Probably is. I brought my insulin with me from the house and I still got it. Just I only got a couple of injections. You know, just in case.”

Cole nodded, “Maybe we’ll be back before you use both. Anything else?”

“Nah. Just gotta pea!” Nick yelled the last part so Tony could hear.

“Pea later. Walk now.”

“Pea later. How bout I pea in your-“

Cole elbowed him, “Shut up damn, Nick. Pea later.” He glared at her as he rubbed his side.

They all walked to a building a little smaller then the largest. It was where they’d be sleeping at. Bob was there, along with Steve, standing beside him. Steve looked very excited…

“I’ve never had a chance to explain exactly what you all are doing here, so I’ll explain now,” Bob started. “Digging hole are to plant a bit of corn. Ha! Yea right. Good joke huh? I ain’t tellin’ you brats what this is about. You’re just here to help, willingly or unwillingly. Why you? Well, 3 strong girls and a strong boy. You’re very strong kids. Right when I saw you,“ he gestured toward Nick, “I knew you were the type of kid I wanted. You had that politeness and then suddenly you lost it. Cute kid riding his bike not paying any attention. Then a van pulls in front of him. He’s sorry for nothing then he’s really sorry and finds himself hit over the head with a piece of wood. Huh, you’re been hit over the head a lot haven’t you, but your still fightin’. Yep. Then she runs in,” he gestured toward La’Toya, “She got busted up too. Little girl tryin’ to take own grown men? Don’t make me laugh. Then…” he looked at Cole and Monique, “You ladies come. At first I wasn’t so sure then I heard the name Nick. Wow, she yelled that! I chose yall cause yall was obviously strong-willed and strong. Them other kids, ick.” Bob started laughing.

“So you chose us cause we strong? Wasn’t them other kids strong? Why’d you choose them in the first place then? Any why’d you return them but not us?” La’Toya frowned. It was weird.

“Yea they were strong, just yall were stronger. Didn’t get them to the trucks before we noticed they was too terrified. Yall wasn’t, you fought back.” Bob stopped to let it all sink in.

“So…”Nick spoke up, “If I hadn’t of kicked him or Toya hadn’t of talked back, we wouldn’t be here?”

Bob nodded, “It’s all your fault, see? Not her fault, but yours Nick. You pissed me off.”

Cole choked back a sob. Monique turned away. La’Toya glared at the ground.

“You can’t do that! You’re the one that’s a kidnapper! You kidnapped us! It’s not my fault.” Nick’s voice cracked at the end.

“You keep telling yourself that. Tell yourself that while you’re in the room with Steve. You got your own damn self there. Shoulda kept your mouth shut.”

All of the girls gasped. Steve smiled a big, wide smile and Tony laughed.

“You’re sending me in a fucking room with him? You have got to be fucking shitting me!”

“Nope. I’m sure it’s happened to you, what with the way you look and all.”

“Yea, you are a very beautiful kid Nick, can’t wait to see you under them clothes…” Steve stepped towards him.

“Steve…” Bob warned.

Steve stopped and stepped back.

“Anyway, that’s later, now…this is where you’ll be sleeping. Nice good old beds in there. It’s almost done- oops, almost said a little too much there. It’s better then where you eat. Much happier then where Nick will be going. For all of you, where you’ll be going if you get in trouble is the pb.”

“Peanut butter? Cool.”

Bob glared at Nick, “No. I’ll let you go in here to get situated and let Nick anticipate his journey with Steve. Have fun!”

They all stepped in and the door was slammed. Lights came on.

“Nick, Steve’s a fucking pervert,” La’Toya quickly said before anyone could say anything else.

“Really? Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks Toy. Thanks for telling me.”

“La’Toya gave him the finger.

“Nick, do you have your insulin?”

“Oh shit………yea.” Nick smiled.

Cole rolled her eyes, “Give it to me so I can give you a quick injection.”

“They didn’t take it? Talk about being some dumbass kidnappers. Not that it’s bad they didn’t take it just that-“ Monique decided to stop talking.

“Thanks Mo. Now I have to pea again. If I pull down my pants then I’ll probably pea-“

“Nick shut up and just let me do this real quick, damn.” Cole grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled him over. “When’s the last time you took it anyway? Don’t even answer…” She quickly drew the insulin and told him to pull down his pants real quick.

“I can’t like put no alcohol on or anything? I have to take the pain straight? Man this is-“ Before he could finish Cole gave him the shot. “Ow! You coulda warned me, damn! That hurt!” Nick rubbed his right butt cheek. “Shoulda did it in my side or something…”

“Gets there faster through to butt cheek.” All the girls said in unison. Nick and Cole’s mom would say it a lot although it wasn’t really true. He would sometimes take his shot through his butt cheek when he didn’t know what time it was or when he felt fine but needed to take the insulin either way. Not only to Nick but to herself also for she was diabetic too. Both with Type 1. They both hated it.

“Got it through the butt and now I’m gonna get it through the butt again, yay.” Nick muttered.

“It is sorta true what Bob said.” Nick’s head whipped around to look at Cole; she hurried on, “I mean, you are a trouble-maker. I’m not sayin you got us into this and that you deserve that you’re gonna get just that, either way, wrong place, wrong time. It seems like it’s in your blood. To make trouble and pay for it, whether it’s your fault or not.”

Nick opened his mouth to say something when the door opened and in walked Steve. He looked at Nick, smiling.

“Sup kiddies? Come on my favorite kiddo. That’s you Nick.” Steve grabbed Nick’s arm and pulled him away.

“Yea, Cole. Right. Not in a sarcastic way either.” Nick quickly smiled at all of them as he was pulled out the door. It slammed shut. The lights went out. They then heard Nick yell, “Clap on, clap off!”

The girls smiled at each other and clapped their hands. The lights came on revealing only them. They didn’t say a word. It was quiet without Nick there.

***

Steve pulled Nick along. He wasn’t struggling, just walking very slowly. Steve was ready to go, practically running.

“Let’s go, damn it boy. We- I don’t have the damn time for this.” Steve jerked Nick’s arm.

“You got all the time in the world, damn, settle down. And what the hell you tryin’ to do? Jerk my-“

“No, I don’t have all the time in the world. And you can help me jerk off…” Steve smiled down at Nick. He looked away.

“No, no, look. It’s nice and big. Perfect for your mouth and you’re a-“ Steve’s hand traveled downwards from Nick’s arm as he started to slow down. They had been walking/running for about ten minutes at that point. To Nick they were in the middle of nowhere.

Nick jerked away out of his grasp, “You have a very dirty mind. First, I would never wanna see…that. Second, you ain’t puttin’ nothing in my mouth or my-“

“Don’t say it! Well, I do have to settle down a little. I mean, it is only you, me and Alladen out here.”

“What?”

“You get to bury Alladen. Let me tell you-“

“I ain’t burying nobody! You bury him! You killed him!” Nick turned away.

He was suddenly tackled from behind and soon Steve was on top of him, “Look, I didn’t kill him, Bob killed him. Second, you will bury him, it’s your fucking punishment, if you don’t-“ Bob grunted as he rolled off of Nick. “What the hell? Boy,-“

Nick scrambled up, “Fuck you! My punishment? Punishment for what? I didn’t do shit-“

Steve grabbed him and pulled him down, “There you go with that didn’t do shit, shit again. Remember how much trouble it got you in the first time you said it?” Steve laughed softly then pressed his hard body against Nick’s struggling one, he moaned. “Oh I hope you do fuck this digging up cause then you are mine.”

Nick froze, “What? If I bury him you won’t do nothing?”

Steve stopped and looked at him, “Not particularly. If you do everything I tell you say then I won’t mess with you. If you don’t, I have ‘messing’ rights.”

“For how long?” Nick had started to wiggle out from under Steve. Steve let him yet touched him wherever he could.

“As long as I want.”

To Nick, either way he was screwed.

He crawled a few feet away from Steve and looked himself over to make sure there were not scratches. No scratches. A shovel was thrown and hit him in the arm. Before he could react, a large heavy object was thrown his way also. It was Alladen’s body. Nick let out a yell and shoved the body off of him.

“Get to diggin’ beautiful. Got all night. Not that you need it or anything.”

Nick picked up the shovel and glared at Steve. He stuck it in the ground and started to dig. It was about 5 minutes before Steve came up behind him and rubbed into him. Nick pulled away and stopped digging.

“That’s one strike against you Nick. You do what you’re supposed to do. I do what I want. If you had any fucking attention span at all then you’d know that.”

“Well, how am I supposed to fucking dig while you’re all up against me? No wonder you can’t get none. And no wonder none of the others-“

“Shut up! That’s two strikes!” Steve turned and walked away a few steps, “Oh and if I pull down your pants, you better keep digging or else I’m a fuck you up your ass right then and there!”

Nick rolled his eyes and just started digging, “This is so stupid. Dumbass motherfucker. Touch one of them and I’m gonna break his neck. Fuck me up my ass, my foot’ll be up his. I’ll play his stupid ass game. But if he hurts me or one of them, he’s dead.” Nick grumbled under his breath. Steve didn’t hear a word.

“You know Nick, I’ve had many threesomes in my life, how about another?”

Nick ignored him.

It had been an hour or so before the hole was almost complete. Nick started to push the body into it’s grave when Nick noticed some sort of metal hanging out of the corpse’s pocket. Carefully, Nick pushed the body to one side so that he could get a better look. It was a knife!

“Oh my go-sh.” Nick thought to himself. It took no time at all for him to conjure up his scheme. Grabbing hold of the wooden end, he slowly pulled it out. He looked over his shoulder, Steve was picking his nose.

“Typical butthead.” He silently mouthed. Without a second thought, he sprinted toward the path. Steve looked up just as Nick was passing. He grabbed his waist and took him down to the ground. Steve desperately tried to pin Nick. “It’s a lost cause!” Nick yelled.

“Oh really?”

“Really,” Nick pulled the knife as fast as his hand would allow and made a nice deep slash one the side of Steve’s face. Scrambling to his feet, he ran back down the way they had come, not daring to stop or look back. It was completely dark now and Nick had trouble seeing. Where, by the way, was Steve? He came to the end of the path and halted- which way were the girls? Maybe they’re still in the sleep place? He tried to think of where it was yet came up with a blank.

There was a crash behind him and Nick jerked around just in time to see Steve hauling some kind of big machinery right at him. Or maybe it was just a gun? Nick couldn’t tell the difference.

He veered left and tried to find the slightest slue to where his sister and the others could possibly be.

There was a small cabin like place not to far ahead and Nick took off for it. Only a few feet away from the cabin, he heard Steve yell, “Come on Nicky! It’s my turn to have fun, time up!”

“Yeah, for you!” Nick yelled back, coming to the door.

***

The girls all sat in the PB eyeing each other. Each one was blaming another.

“Cole, if only you told Nick to shut his dang mouth in the first place, none of this would of-“ started Monique.

“Happened?” Cole cut in.

“Don’t start y’all!” La’Toya came in.

“I’m sick of you blaming me for this crap!” Cole

“It’s your fault!”

Cole stood up to her full 5’5 height. “You know Monique; say one more thing about me and my fist is going upside your head!”

“Well, ya better have a pillow, for when you drop on your head.”

“We’ll see who drops on their ass.” Monique threw her fist right at Cole’s mouth. For a moment, Cole thought she could black out. Yeah, right. Blood oozed from the corner of her mouth. She wiped it away. “Bitch!”

Cole attempted to smash Monique into the wall, but La’Toya finally stepped in, using her speed and strength to pull the two apart.

“You two are really something.” La’Toya said after finally getting them to part. “We’re in the fucked up situation and y’all are dumb enough to start fighting. Dang, y’all friends, don’t do this to each other.”

“Well, friends don’t betray each other either.” Cole rang in.

“What?” Monique.

“Think about it, it was only 3 of us there when Alladen told us the plan.”

“So?”

“So,” she went on, “It’s so clear, Monique told on Alladen so that she could see us all get punished and she could save her own skin. Yeah Monique. I know your secret!”

“Oh, that’s right Cole, blame me. You better bump that square up!” In two seconds they were on the floor wrestling.

La’Toya gave up and walked to the window. It was there that she saw it. She blinked and it was clear. Nick was on the run! “Guys!” she yelled over her shoulder. NO answer. She turned around right in to see Cole punch Monique square in the eye.

“Seriously y’all.” Still no answer. “Guys, the men are just out side.” They ignored her. “Shut up!” They were still going at it. She glanced back at the window and saw Nick pulling at the handle of some sort of cabin as Steve came speeding into sight. They had to help. “Well, desperate times cause for desperate measures.” She said to herself. Looking around the small room, she came upon a wooden chair, walking across the room, she picked it up and slammed it to a pole. To her surprise the men were still outside. (As far as she knew, they were getting drunk.) The girls froze, Cole poised over Monique in mid-swing. “Get off me!” Monique yell and kicked Cole off. She stumbled to her feet and glared back. The room filled with silence, La’Toya looked insulted and frustrated, almost on the verge of trees.

“Friends don’t treat each other like this,” she repeated and shook her head. “Look.” All three girls walked to the window. By this time Nick was safe away from Steve inside. Steve acting like the big bad wolf and trying to get inside.

“What’s he doing?” Cole asked.

“Nick’s inside, I don’t know about yall but I’m ready to get out of this crap.” La’Toya said.

“What are we supposed to do’?” They all said in unison. Then they gave each other a nasty look.

“Well, there’s a chair right there and a window right here…and maybe a back door to that cabin.” With their minds made up, they came busting out of the window and sprinting toward the back door. By this time, they caught Bob, Tony, and Steve’s attention.

“What the hell the doin’?” Tony mumbled as he stood up from his pad on the ground.

“Shit Steve!” Bob yelled in frustration. He reached for his gun in his belt.

“You ain’t shootin’ them is you? Cause they gotta-“

“Hell no! I’m just gonna scare ‘em…” Bob said while cocking the gun. He raised it to the air and shot.

The girls immediately dropped to the ground, halfway to the cabin.

“Shit, I ain’t know they was gonna shoot!” La’Toya grumbled, then jumped as she heard another gunshot.

“Let’s just stay on the ground for a little while and wait till the runs out of bullets or something…” Monique mumbled.

“No! That’s like, the stupidest thing anyone could do! Especially us!” La’Toya yelled at her. Cole stayed quiet. There were more gunshots heard.

“Well you got any better ideas?” Monique shot back.

“Yea, let’s just crawl away or something…”

“Yea, see?”

“Guys, they ain’t shootin’ at us.” Cole cut in.

“Yea well, they shootin’.”

“But they ain’t shootin’ at us!”

“So? They still-“ Monique was cut off by a whole different voice.

“We ain’t shootin’ no more. Got you.” Tony laughed.

***

“You might as well come out cause I’m gonna get you anyway!” Steve yelled.

Nick stumbled in the dark cabin, searching for any source of light. He felt a light switch. He quickly flicked it on the opposite direction but nothing happened.

“Damn it.” Nick mumbled. He immediately started searching again. He found something that felt like a drawer and opened it. He reached in, “Ah shit! What the hell?” Nick yelled falling back. He heard hissing as he backed away, “Crap. Man, what the hell- shit snakes!” Nick’s hand found the door and he- not knowing it was where Steve was in his terror- opened it and fell out onto Steve.

“Haha, that’s what I thought you little brat.” Steve grunted as Nick’s body slammed into him.

“Fuck!” Nick immediately tried to run but Steve kept a firm hold on him.

“Remember our deal Nick? If you don-“ Steve was cut off by Bob hauling him off Nick.

Nick stopped and squinted into the darkness. He could see 5 figures standing, two taller, the other three- “Cole?”

Cole’s head jerked upwards towards Nick’s voice, as did La’Toya’s and Monique’s.

“Are you guys okay? Nick inquired, starting to make his way towards them.

Cole bit her lip to keep from crying out, “Yea Nick, we okay. Are you okay?”

Nick nodded although they could barely see. “Did I miss something? You sound sorta…depressed.”

“It’s fine, leave it alone,” Monique hissed.

“My point exactly,” Nick hissed back.

The three men just watched the interaction quietly.

“What’s your point?” Monique stepped forward.

“What happened with y’all?” Nick mumbled, stepping back.

Monique rolled her eyes and looked towards Cole, “Cole, I’m really sorry for blaming you. It isn’t even your fault. Nick got us into all this crap.”

“Mo’!” La’Toya cried.

“Wait, how the hell did I get us into this? I didn’t do-“

“There you go with that didn’t do shit, shit again Nick. How many times has that gotten you in trouble now? A lot?” Bob smirked, glad they were fighting. No more protecting each other then.

Monique smirked, “My point exactly. You can’t keep your fucking mouth shut ever! Selfish bastard.”

“Well,” Bob smiled, rubbing his hands together with glee, “I see we have some tension going on here huh?” He laughed softly, “Go on a take Nick Steve. Do whatever but he better be able to work in the morning.”

Steve immediately grabbed Nick’s arm “Let’s go Nicky. We gonna have some fun…” he laughed, pulling Nick away.

None of the girls moved. Not one said a word.

Nick’s voice yelled back, “I still got yall’s backs, even if you don’t got mine!”






AN: Hola. Been awhile huh? Yea well, Phaedra got writers block.....she tore off a piece of the chapter and took her awhile to give it to me. What did I do? Pushed her. So, next chapter, hopefully up in about a month. lol
go to sleep... by Alana
Chapter 6




“So…”

“Shut up,” Steve mumbled. Nick looked at him, barely seeing him in the dark.

“Where are we going?” He asked slowly. He saw Steve shake his head and grip Nick’s arm tighter. “That hurts.’

“Good. Now shut up,” Steve stopped and looked around. He then veered to the left, taking Nick with him.

“You must be tired. It’s been a long day. Wow, only a day. Wow.” Steve gripped Nick’s arm even tighter, almost cutting off the circulation.

“Can you loosen up? I can barely feel my arm.” Suddenly Steve shoved Nick on the ground.

“How many timed do I have to tell you to shut up?” Nick slowly got up, wiping the dirt and gravel from his body.

“I was trying to have a conversation with you. You’re probably tired of me. Why don’t you take me back? Wait till morning, you know?” Steve shook his head and grabbed the back of Nick’s neck. He jerked him to start walking. Nick quickly wracked his brain for something, anything to get Steve to take him back.

“Why are we here anyway? To dig holes? What you gonna do? Pea in them? On, have you seen that movie Holes? ‘Cept these holes are small. Never mind.” He winced as Steve gripped his neck tighter. “Jeez, anger management, take a class.”

Steve froze, thinking. What was he doing? Nobody gave a crap about what he did.

Steve picked Nick up under the armpits and held him there, staring into Nick’s confused blue eyes. He slowly pulled him toward him. Just as his lips brushed Nick’s, Nick jerked away. He spoke quickly.

“I know why we’re here! Y’all should be in prison! I mean-“

Steve moaned as he wrapped an arm around Nick’s midsection and grabbed the back of the boy’s head. He pulled Nick towards his lips. Nick immediately started talking again.

“We’re like digging hole cause y’all are getting guys out of prison who have connection to like electric stuff and all then you’re gonna do stuff with drugs!”

Steve had slowed and was stopped now. He looked at Nick and stared into his eyes again. He then shrugged and quickly put his lips to Nick’s before Nick could say another word.

Forcing his tongue into the boy’s mouth, he slowly lowered them to the ground. Nick struggled to get out of his grip.

Steve pulled away as Nick gasped for air. He pressed into Nick as he moaned. His hands held onto Nick as he softly humped the boy. Nick’s yells were muffled by his large chest.

As one hand kept a firm hold on Nick, the other pulled off Nick’s shirt, then his own. He moaned louder at their skin touching. Nick still struggled beneath him, getting nowhere.

“Please just leave me alone. Please, God, please.” Nick moaned as he kept struggling.

“Please ain’t cutting it now baby.” Steve was no naked while Nick still had his jeans on. All Steve wore was his shoes and socks. Nick; those, jeans, boxers.

Roughly Steve flipped Nick over onto his stomach. His hands went around Nick’s front and he undid his pants. Grabbing both those and his boxers, he tried to jerk them down. Somehow, though, Nick’s hands had gotten free and he held fast onto them.

“Damn it, I can’t wait any longer!” Steve cried in frustration. He slammed against Nick, letting out a grunt in doing so. Nick yelled out.

“You’re gonna get caught you know! You guys are too dumb not to hide your faces! People will say they saw you and where you were going and they’ll find the tracks and-“

“How do you know? You don’t! Shut up! All I want is a fucking fuck!”

“I ain’t no fuck and I ain’t no fucking one either!” Steve released his grip on Nick and sat up a little. At that, Nick scrambled from under him, running and tripping over everything and anything in the way. Steve struggled to get his pants over his shoes and jumped up. He looked around.

“Where are you, Nickolas? You know, it’s either you or one of those girls. So come one out.” Steve quickly formed a plan in his mind; he’d get Nick, fuck him, and then take him back to Bob to sort this all out. He had wanted more time but the kid knew, at least the basics! And he had a point.

Suddenly there was a rustle to the side. He turned to see a quick movement. There was suddenly a light.

“Hey! You got my phone! You little-,” Steve ran towards the light. He was suddenly tripped. He landed face first on the phone. It went off, broken. “Damn it!”

He felt a presence about 10 feet away. He could tell it was Nick. He could hear the small, quiet gasps of breath.

“Nick, I’m not gonna hurt you. Just let me get my clothes and you you’re shirt. Then we’ll go back.”

Nick frowned at him as Steve slowly got up, limping towards the black piles.

“Here. I’m not gonna hurt you. Just…let’s go. Obviously you’re just gonna keep on fighting and now I’m hurt, bad. So let’s go. Here’s your shirt.” Steve held it out to him.

“You can throw it. Toss it. I’m not going over there.” Nick shivered in the wind and cold.

“You’re cold. And I’m a bad thrower so just come get it. Here.” Steve held the shirt out painfully. Nick stared at him a second then slowly moved towards him. He reached his arm out as far as he could and grabbed the shirt from Steve. Or, he went to.

Steve lurched forward and grabbed Nick’s arm, jerking him towards him. Before Nick knew it, his pants were undone and being pulled down. He struggled to get away. He tried as hard as he could to get the grown man off of him. It didn’t happen. Steve slammed into Nick fast, hard, and dry. An ear-piercing scream went through the cold night.

Steve continued until finally he was satisfied. Smiling, he looked down at Nick, who was barely conscious.

“That was the best I’ve had in awhile.” Steve smirked as he slowly pulled up Nick’s boxers and pants. He grabbed the boy’s shirt and put it on him. Quickly, he dressed himself.

Picking Nick up, he heard, “Don’t you touch them.”

“Who says I won’t?”

“I do and if you touch them, I swear I’ll kill you with my bare fucking hands,” Nick whispered.

Steve looked at Nick. “Let’s go talk to Bob. About all that stuff you said.”

Nick didn’t answer, groaning in pain. Steve smirked. “Told you I was big.” He smiled as the smart alec in Nick came back out.

“Should of saved it for Bob, he would’ve loved it.”

“Missed that attitude.”

“Only thing you’re missing is a damn brain.”

“Oh, was that supposed to be funny?”

“No, it was- correction, is the truth.”

***


*Da Pb*

“Does anyone mind telling me how the hell we keep ending up in this damn building?” La’Toya whined. It had been the third time that day they’d ended up in the ‘pb’.

“Oh, pipe down.” Tony chuckled.

Monique rolled her eyes at him.

“Don’t tell me to fucking shut up, you bastard.”

Tony stood. “Do you really call yourself getting smart with me, girl?”

“Um, let me think about that. Yes, sir, I do believe I am.”

“Toy, stop.” Cole cut in.

“No, Cole, I’m not.”

“It’s not worth it.”

La’Toya swung around. “It’s not worth fighting for our lives? Screw up.”

“Toya,” Came Monique’s voice, but she was rudely cut off by La’Toya’s hand.

Tony chuckled again. And at that instant, La’Toya lost all control and hit Tony right in his jaw. “Bitch!” Tony stood up and charged at her. He missed and hit a table. All the girls busted out laughing. Tony then grabbed La’Toya and tried to throw a punch to her face. It backfired.

“Run!” shouted Monique and they were all out the door.

“Where to?” Cole asked.

“Just keep moving your feet.”

They had run to the edge of what seemed like a lot when the hit what seemed like a sort of intersection. “Where’d Tony go?” Monique asked. He had been behind them.

“Really and truly, I don’t want to find out.”

“I think a better question is, where’s Nick.” Cole cut in.

“Right here.” Came Nick’s voice. Everyone tuned around. There was Nick, accompanied by Steve.

“Here’s an even better question,” Steve held Nick. “Where do you all think you’re going?”

“Away from here,” stated Cole. She looked at Nick in the dark. He looked tired and weak.

“Quick, Toy, do that kick boxing shit again.” Monique stepped away.

“It was karate Mo. Get it straight, come on.”

“There you guys are,” said Tony, coming up behind Nick and Steve. He had his gun pointed straight at La’Toya. “I have no problem pulling this trigger.”

“Then do it.” La’Toya said, stepping right in front of the gun.

Nick straightened up and tried to get the attention on him. “Hey, I got something better than that.”

“What could possibly be better then this?”

“One word,” Nick sneered. Tony raised an eyebrow. “Steve.”

Even Tony had to laugh but Steve didn’t quite see the humor in it. He hit Nick in the head with his own gun. Nick dropped to the ground and rolled over, holding his head. “Still funny?” The girls shook their heads. Cole ran to Nick’s side.

“He’s bleeding some.” Cole told them.

“Does it look like I care.”

“No, but I wasn’t talking to you.” Nick rolled onto his back.

“I’m okay, really.”

Cole didn’t look convinced.

“I’m fine.”

“Okay, well, back to here. Bob wants the kids in separate sleeping corridors-“

“Oh wow Tony, big word!” La’Toya rolled her eyes. “And he said nothing of the sort. He said he’s tired of separating us cause we cause trouble.” She grabbed Nick’s shoulders and pulled him up.

“Thought you said you were okay, Nickolas.” Tony glared at La’Toya as he spoke to Nick.

“I am okay. I’m fine.” Nick slowly took a deep breath and left it.

“Trouble breathing?” Steve smirked.

“You wish, huh?” Nick looked at Steve. Steve wriggled his eyebrows. Nick turned away, gagging. The girls laughed softly.

“Gosh, Nick, we love you…” Cole went to hug him. He pulled away.

“Yea? I could’ve sworn just a little while ago, y’all hated me.” He raised his eyebrows at them. They bit their lips and turned away guiltily.

“Why Nick, I thought you guys were making up.” Bob walked over, smiling.

“Bob…the builder…” Nick lay down and closed his eyes.

“Tired?”

“Take a wild guess.” Nick lay still.

“Well, it takes a lot of energy to blow these fine looking ladies off like that. Steve, you want them?” Steve nodded eagerly.

“Steve seems to have forgotten about our conversation…” Nick still didn’t move other than speaking.

“Conversation?” Bob looked at Steve pointedly.

“Nick’s pretty protective.” Steve nodded as he stepped back.

“Grown man, afraid of a 10 pound boy? I can’t work with people like that…” Bob reached to his back pocket.

“Builder. Seriously, quit killing people. It freaks me out. And you’re scaring Stevie.” Nick slowly sat up. “when are we going inside anyway? It’s cold out here.” Bob looked at him and slowly put his gun away.

“Wow,” Cole murmured softly. Bob looked at her.

“Take everyone but her to their sleeping corridors. I wanna talk to her. Same ones.” Tony and Steve scrambled for the three. Steve grabbed the 2 girls and Tony grabbed Nick.

“Hey, Tony the Tiger, long time, no see.” Nick mumbled as he was pulled from the ground. The five walked away. Bob turned to Cole.

“Tell me some about you guys. I need to know.” He crossed his arms, looking down at her.

“You don’t need anything.” She stood up straight and crossed her arms defiantly.

Bob’s eyes flashed. “I need to know.” He took a deep breath. “You’re brother asthmatic? Looked like he was having trouble breathing.”

“Well, tell somebody to his you upside you head with a gun and-“Bob grabbed her.

“Don’t fucking get smart with me. I don’t want anyone dying here. Now does anyone have any illnesses they need medicine for?”

“What would you do about it?” Cole didn’t flinch.

“Get medicine.”

“Right.” She jerked out of his grasp and moved out of his reach.

“If not, then I’m just getting bread and such. If so, then I’m taking one of you with me and-,”

“Right.” Bob glared at her. She didn’t break eye contact.

“I know one of you is sick with something because I found a syringe in your sleeping-“

“Corridors?”

“Yes.” Bob glared at her. “Which one? You?”

“Maybe it’s your boyfriend.”

“Which one-er-.”

“Either.” Cole laughed.

“NO. It’s not you. Is it one of those other girls?”

“What do you think this ‘sickness’,” Cole quoted, “is?”

“I don’t know. Maybe that bulge in your back pocket will explain some.” Bob grabbed Cole’s arms and reached into he picket. He pulled out a black pouch. Opening it, he found a blood glucose tester and several syringes and a small bottle. Along with all of that, an id picture of a goofy looking Nick. It had all of his information on it, including what else he had.

“Diabetes, eh? Pretty bad, good thing he has all this insulin stuff, right? Let me show you the way to your sleeping…corridors.” Bob gripped the pack in one hand and grabbed Cole in the other and led her away.

***

“Bob the Builder…can we build it? Bob the Builder…yes we can!” Nick sang to himself. “Arabian knights….I don’t know the rest of the song…”

“He’d really love you right now…if he were alive.” Monique chuckled. Nick smiled at her.

“Hey Tony! I like the things you do. Hey Tony! If I wanted I would be you. You’re the one and only asshole with a taste for Steve. You really make dick seem so…GGGRRREEEAAATT! But I don’t buy it! Hey, hey, hey!” Nick busted out laughing. And so was everyone else in there, except for Tony.

“Shut it, or I’ll shut it for you.” Tony pulled out his gun.

“Oh, threat. But, hey, you want me to sing about Steve? I’ll sing about Steve….there is no song for Steve.” Nick looked at Monique. “What about the Oscar Mayer Weiner Song?”

“Which one?” she smiled, happy he was talking to her, civilly.

“My bologna has a first name, its O-S-C-A-R. My bologna has a second name it’s M-A-Y-E-R. I love to eat it everyday. And something, something, something say! Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a.” Now Nick was on the floor cracking up. “Oh good lord. Thanks Steve. I still have to make up a song about you don’t I?” He rolled onto his stomach. “My rapist has a first name, its S-T-E-V-E. My rapist has a second name, its likes-to-fuck-little-boys. He says he has a big dick. But I know he doesn’t! Cause the only reason I’m in pain is cause his dick is s-p-i-k-e-d!”

“Why you little-“

“Settle down, Steve.” Tony laughed and spoke through his tears.

That’s when the door opened and in walked Bob and a teary-eyed Cole.

“Well,” Bob mumbled as he looked around, “Tony’s laughing. Which means someone had to of gotten hurt. But the kids are laughing too! And Steve looks as if he could cry…”

Nick stopped and looked at Steve, “Jeez, guy, lighten up.” Looking at Cole, he frowned. “What happened? What’s wrong?” He stumbled to his feet and went over to Cole. Wrapping his arm around her neck he pulled her to a bed and sat down.

“I’m sorry, Nick. He just grabbed it.” Cole sobbed, burying her head into his shoulder.

“What?” He gripped her tighter, looking at Bob.

Holding the diabetes thing out, Bob smiled. Nick rolled his eyes.

“You’re crying about that? Aw, come on Cole. You know I don’t give a crap…” Nick glared at Bob. “But I do hope Mr. Builder there knows that I need that.”

“Oh? Then why was it with Cole?” Bob raised his eyebrows at Nick.

“Oh, because I knew Steve was crazy and would get a hold of it and think it was drugs and take it himself and kill himself. You know, Steve’s a dumbass…” Steve stepped forward.

“I’m getting sick and tired of your little big mouth kid. I’ll kill you in a heartbeat.”

“It’s still beating and I’m still waiting.”

“Waiting huh?” Steve walked to Tony and snatched the gun out of his hand. Pointing it at Nick, he said, “Right after I say this, I’m shooting.”

He pulled the trigger. A gunshot went off and Nick lay on the bed, holding his heart, seemingly choking.

“You shot me, man……” He coughed. Steve stood still with the gun to his side, petrified.

Nick stopped moving a sat for a second, “Wasn’t that gun pointed straight at me? How the hell did the bullet hit way over there then?” He started laughing. As did everyone else but Steve.

“Should I try again?”

“No, you might shoot yourself!” Nick laughed. “Er, no, try again.”

“You’re a dumbass, Steve.” La’Toya giggled. “Should I try again? Duh.” She hit her chest with the side of her hand.

Tony and Bob grabbed Steve’s arms and pulled him out of the building, locking the doors.

“Weren’t we kidnapped?” They quieted as Monique said that.

“Yea…damn, I hurt.” Nick grabbed a blanket on a bed and curled up. La’Toya rubbed her temple.

“I have a headache and there are only two blankets…”

“We can share. I’ll take someone other than Nick.” Cole walked and lay down on a different bed.

“Nick.”

“Cole.”

La’Toya and Monique went to their respective spots.

“Nick, your arms are actually comfortable. But if you touch me-“

“I know, I’ll hurt more. I know.” Nick tightened his arms around La’Toya, shivering. “Its cold and when-“

“Nick, be quiet. Someone turn off the lights.” Cole yawned.

“We’re going to sleep?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“We’re tired. We don’t have never ending energy like you Nick, now turn off the lights.” La’Toya elbowed him.

“Okay. Clap on.” He clapped. “Clap off.” Again. “Clap on, clap off. The clapper!” The place went dark. “I have to tell y’all something in the morning anyway…”

“Keyword: morning.”

“It’s probably already morning though so-“

“Who cares.”

“I-,” La’Toya elbowed Nick harder in the ribs. “Ouch.”

“Be quiet. Whimper quietly about your ass or something.” Nick smirked.

“I could-.”

“Shut up Nick!”

He pouted, “Fine.”

***

“How the hell do you miss him? It was pointed straight at him!”

“Did I tell you to shoot?”

“Sir, I was just mad and frustrated. He knows what’s going on.”

“Then you talk to me about it! He’d be the last one you’d want to kill!”

Tony quickly stepped forward. “But sir, he’s the hardest to deal with.”

“My point. He’ll fight for those girls and do anything we tell him to do, for those girls. They’ll do the same with him. So as long as Nick is alive and well, we’ll get this done. Understand?” The two men nodded like small children. “Alright. Now get some sleep. And I’m sure Nickolas was talking about our mistakes?”

Steve nodded quickly.

“He won’t be anymore because there will be no more mistakes. Now got to bed and sleep well. Be here at 10. Have the kids here also. Bye.”

Steve and Tony scampered out.

“I thought he was going to kill me. Like Alladen.”

“He didn’t like Alladen. He likes you.” Tony glanced at the building the kids were in and saw the lights go on and off a couple of times. “Damn kids. Should’ve got some retarded kids or some shit.”

Steve nodded in agreement.

*******

So that was fun. Um, I have 2 other chapters written. I won’t take another 9 months to post those so…yep. Look forward to them. Thanks for the reviews guys!
lost cause... by Alana
Chapter 7

“Rise and shine my little chickadees!” Tony yelled.

One by one each of the four slowly awoke. “Hate to wake up to that everyday.” Nick said, waking La’Toya.

“Okay, y’all we’re heading to the pb.”

“We didn’t do anything…well, if we did…it was Cole, I swear, she sleepwalks.” Nick yawned, stretching.

“Oh, shut up,” yawned Cole.

They walked to the pb where Steve and Bob were waiting patiently. “Alright, let’s cut to the chase. We’ve been slacking. And we need to finish this place up before the new arrivals arrive so…if you want to eat, do what you’re told.”

“That’s not fair, you’re trying to starve us!” Monique cut in.

“No, really, shut up,” Steve said.

“As I was saying…” Bob spoke over them. “Nick and the Mexican chick-.”

“My name is Monique, get it straight.”

“I could care less, now you two go with Tony. And the rest go with Steve.”

They separated.

Nick and Monique went around back where there were wheel barrows laying around. “Choose one, take one. Get started on moving those dirt piles, over there to make room for more buildings and such.”

“Now why would we want to help you?” Nick raised an eyebrow.

Tony flashed his gun. “Well, that’s good enough for me,” Nick threw his hands up and grabbed a wheelbarrow.

“So, I’m thinking that you guys know how to work wheelbarrows and understand the concept of moving piles, so let’s not have any funny business.”

They started moving piles into one large pile. Almost 20 minutes into doing it, Nick went into a large coughing fit. He dropped the wheelbarrow as he sat down.

“Oh, stop,” Tony demanded from across the field. Monique gave Nick a worried look. He looked as if he was getting pale. She put the wheelbarrow down and went over to him.

“Is there a problem?” Came Tony’s voice, he sounded annoyed. Nick gave a ‘thumbs up’ sign and picked the wheelbarrow back up. Five minutes later, however, Nick completely froze. “What the-,” Tony started and stared incredulously at Nick. He was trembling and his eyes were red.

“Nick, you okay?” The words barely left Monique’s mouth when Nick collapsed onto the ground. She ran to his side, tripping over a pile of dirt in the process.

Nick’s breathing was very unstable, speeding up and slowing down. “He needs his insulin!” Monique screamed at Tony.

“No, he needs his ass beat,” Tony laughed. “A real good ass-.”

“That’s…not funny.” Monique glared at him and turned back to Nick and softly slapped his cheeks. “Wake up, Nick. Come on.”

“Really. Now get off the ground and back to work. Before I beat both of your ass beating deserving asses!” Tony leaned back and watched Nick and Monique closely. Soon, Monique helped Nick up and wiped him off.

“Stop looking worried,” Nick said. “I’m fine.” He shook his head and softly pushed Monique towards her wheelbarrow.

***

“Cole, you’re getting on my damn last nerve, you know!” La’Toya yelled, scooting away with the wheelbarrow. “That is gonna be the last time you will dump your damn shit in my path.”

“Well, make a different path! I’ll put my shit wherever I want to!”

“The hell you will.”

“Stop arguing like a baby, Toy, it’s not very attractive.”

Steve looked at his watch. For 20 minutes now, they’ve been arguing. ‘Sure,’ he thought, ‘they’re not getting anything done but it’s still fun to watch.’

“You’re trying to tell me what’s attractive? Shut up you stupid slut, you can’t even find a man! And no honey, I’m not talking about the ones that pay you 5 bucks a night.”

“I am so sick of you mouth, Toya. All you ever do is talk crap.”

“And all you ever do is get us into crap! Damn, Cole, if it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“Don’t point fingers, Toya.”

“Oh, bitch…you’re to blame. Don’t act all innocent. We all know you aren’t.”

“Alright, Toy, let’s go! Come on!” Cole shoved the wheelbarrow away and picked up a small rock. She threw it at La’Toya, totally missing. Steve opened his mouth and closed it.

“What?” La’Toya threw down her wheelbarrow, too.

Cole saw a figure out of the corner of her eye. “You see that?”

“Oh, don’t change the subject now, girl. It’s on, it’s on.” La’Toya got into a karate stance.

Cole started to laugh.

“Oh no honey, this ain’t no laughing matter.”

Cole smirked, “Okay, La’Toya. One, get up cause I don’t want you to get stuck like that and two, I really did see something.”

La’Toya laughed and stood up, “You don’t know but I was really bout to kick your goofy ass.”

“Hey, Steve, you seen my uncle around here?”

La’Toya and Cole swung around. A tall, dark haired man glared at them. “Well, nice to see you two. You guys are Shawn’s friends, correct?”

“Okay, first I blamed him for his shit. But now I know. He comes from a long line of assholes,” La’Toya looked the man up and down in disgust.

“I’d watch it if I was you.”

“Or what?”

“You don’t want to end up like poor old Alladen, do you?”

“Let’s see you try to make us.”

The man, Shawn’s cousin, aimed his gun at La’Toya’s head. “Don’t test me.”

“Right, oh, as a matter of fact. Shouldn’t we get to eat soon? I’m starving…”

The man lowered his gun and blew a kiss to the two girls.

***

Nick and Monique were already seated when Cole and La’Toya came marching in. “Oh, this should be a treat,” Cole joke as the went for the table.

“So was yall’s day as exciting as ours?” La’Toya asked, taking a seat across from Monique.

“Depends on what your idea of fun is,” Monique replied. She gave Nick a worried glance.

Cole saw it and spoke up, “What’s wrong, guys?”

“Nothing,” he lied softly.

“Are you sure?”

“Well-,” Nick cut Monique off.

“No, really Mo, shut it,” mumbled Nick, getting up from his seat.

Monique got up with him and stepped in front of him. “Nick, please…”

“Please what?” He grabbed her arm in a tight grip, glaring into her eyes. “You just won’t stop, will you? I said drop it and I mean it too.”

Monique snatched it away and glared back at him. “You know, don’t tell me to drop shit. You’re the one who holds everything in. You act like you’re got it all together, but you don’t. You’re always getting beat, raped, or having a damn fit, like a damn-,” Nick shoved her away from him hard. She fell backwards over a chair, hitting her nose. Blook trickled out. Nick moved towards her.

La’Toya pushed him away and helped Monique up. Nick grabbed her arm, “Move.”

“Fuck you, Nick! All you ever do is damn lie!”

Nick grabbed a hold of her shirt and slammed her into a chair.

“Nick!” Cole yelled, jumping up. He ignored her.

“I never lied to you.”

“Yes you did! You always tell us that everything will be alright. We all put our trust in you. We all believe everything will be alright. Because you said it will.” La’Toya began crying. “And then you’re not even okay. Why the hell do you pull this shit on us, Nick? Huh?”

“What?” He let go of her.

“Why are you not telling us that something’s wrong with you? Why are you hurting yourself?”

“Well, I don’t find trouble and stuff. It finds me and I can’t hide and-,”

“But you can make it stop!”

“How then?”

“Do what you used to do.” Monique grabbed his shoulder. “A couple of months ago you’d tell people when you were in pain. I wasn’t scared for you cause I knew you’d tell us if something was wrong. But now, you don’t tell us anything. And now, you’re acting like it’s a sin for us to be worried about you.”

The doors burst open and Bob walked in with a plastic plate. “Lunch time!”

Nick pulled away from Monique and moved away.

“You okay?” Cole asked as he sat beside her.

“Yea, fine.”

“Now what in yall’s right minds would make you say shit like that to him?”

Monique wiped her eyes. “I told him exactly what he needed to hear.”

“That he’s weak?” Monique ignored her. She and La’Toya then joined Nick and Cole as Bob looked at all of them weirdly. Then he uncovered the plate.

“This is a damn joke!” Cole cried, punching the table. “Is that mud? Bob, are you feeding us mud?”

“No, it’s chocolate.”

“No, it’s shit,” La’Toya grumbled.

“Guess you’ll never find out unless you give it a try.”

“Bob, those are real worms.”

“Which are a great source of protein.”

“Yea, you keep telling yourself that.”

“Better eat up kids, you’ll need your energy.”

Bob walked out of the building but then poked his head back in. “And, um, I wouldn’t try to leave if I was you. Guarding every entrance with people with loaded guns.” Bob slammed and locked the rickety door.

Everyone turned back to the mess in front of them while Nick got up and began to search around the room.

“What are you looking for?” La’Toya asked him.

“This stuff.” He grabbed a bag off of a chair and dumped it on the table. Candy bars and granola bars came out.

“Nick, you’re brilliant.”

“Have you known that was there the entire time?”

“No. But last time I was sent to Bob…he was grumbling about how he couldn’t find his stash or something. And he said it was in a bag like this. Ha, sent to Bob, sent to the principal.”

They all smiled, although it wasn’t that funny. And started digging in. “So what are we going to do with the mud and crap?” Cole asked.

Nick dug into the pile and threw it at her. “That.”

“Nick, you’re dead, how the hell am I gonna get this out of my hair?”

Nick shrugged and put some down her shirt. She shrieked.

Within seconds, the group was into a full food fight. Nick and Monique tipped over a table and got behind it as Cole and La’Toya had all the mud.

“Nick, I didn’t mean everything I said.”

Nick glanced at her. “Yea right.” He wiped some mud off his face and threw it at Cole. But instead, it hit La’Toya in her face.

“Nickolas Carter, you are dead meat!” She yelled. She grabbed more mud to throw at him but then suddenly saw a map sitting on a nearby table. “Guys, come here.”

“Don’t set us up!”

“No, really, come here.” Everyone got up and walked to her. “Nick, do you have any clue when’s the next time Bob’s leaving?”

“I don’t know…tomorrow? He hasn’t left at all.” Nick shrugged.

“Well, he told me today, but I don’t know.” Cole sagged against her brother, yawning.

“Okay.” La’Toya showed them the map.

“What is that?” Nick leaned over, letting Cole fall.

“A map.”

“Of what?”

“Here, see, this place, that place…I think…”

“Brilliant.” Nick pursed his lips as he looked at it.

“I have this crazy idea. It might work…” La’Toya looked over the map quickly, tracing her finger over a long line.

“Well, what is it?”

Just at that moment footsteps could be heard running up to the building. “It’s Bob,” Monique whispered.

“Go through those double door things over there. I think it’s the kitchen. There’s a hole in the ground on the…left side.” They heard a key being inserted in the lock. “I’ll be right behind you.”

“Are you coming?” Monique stood up.

“Right behind you.” La’Toya answered. She watched everyone disappear behind the doors. She picked up a chair and threw it through a fake window. The crash sounded just as Bob came through the door.

“What was that!” Bob howled. “What happened!”

“Your nephew!” She cried.

“What?”

“He took everybody and jetted.”

“Where to?” Bob said, stepping around a fallen chair. He shook his head, not believing a word she said.

“If I knew, would I still be here?”

Bob moved towards her and grabbed her by the throat. “If you’re lying, I’ll kill you.” He pushed her away. She tripped over a chair and fell, cutting her arm on a piece of wood. Steve and Tony then came jogging in.

“Steve…go take her to the smaller building to the right. And don’t you dare let her out of your sight.” He looked at Tony. “Go find my nephew. Bring him straight to me. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.” Tony left while Steve grabbed La’Toya and took her straight to her room.

***

“Is this tunnel ever gonna end?” Cole complained.

“I’m getting nervous,” Monique said softly, glancing behind her.

“About what? Did you hear something?”

“No.”

“See something?”

“No.”

“What then?” Cole asked, stopping.

“Toya, she should’ve caught up by now.”

“You’re right.”

“Guys, keep going. La’Toya will be fine,” Nick said.

“How can you be so sure?” Monique crossed her arms.

“Because…I just know okay?”

“Guys, there’s actually light!” Cole smiled as she went towards it. Seeing it was a door she pushed it open and looked around. There seemed to be car parts and the place smelled of oil. Cole quickly walked in. Nick and Monique followed.

“Why did she put us at this spot?” Cole inquired, looking through the garage type thing.

“Maybe cause it’s hiding spot…and cause this is a car garage thing so there must be a car somewhere…maybe, here?” Nick pulled a cover off of a small one person truck. “Somebody’s doing some work.”

“What are you talking about?” Cole mumbled as she walked over.

“I’m guessing this stupid thing can go really fast. Like a hundred. That’s more than I can say for those other damn trucks. And it has gas…”

“Oh…my gosh!” Monique ran her fingers through her hair.

“What?” The twins said in unison.

“Work clothes and hats and…stuff…”

“What’s your point,” Nick sighed.

“Disguise someone and get out of here. But I doubt they have anyone working here right now and-“

“What’s left to lose?” Nick grabbed the clothes and shoved them into Monique’s arms. “Put them on. If we can even get through, only one person can.” Monique frowned.

“Then it should be you.” She tried to give them back to him.

“No, you don’t wanna put your trust into me. I’m putting mine into you.”

“Nick-“ He quickly grabbed her and hugged her tight.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered in her ear. “Just go. You’ll be fine. Even if they catch you and us, they won’t kill you. Or hurt you. So just at least try. Me and Cole’ll go get Toya. Or go to her.” He pulled away from her. He handed the clothes to her. She smiled softly up at him.

Monique then quickly put on the overalls, hat, and the glasses. Everything hung off of her. Nick laughed.

“Okay, let’s do this.” Monique climbed inside. “Breath, stretch, shake, let it go.”

They all laughed. “We’ll watch you go,” Cole promised.

Monique took and deep breath and grabbed the steering wheel as Nick turned on the ignition. “Just like driving a go-kart.”

Cole gave her a final awkward hug, “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.”

Nick went to the garage and lifted it up. “Let’s do this.”


***







Okay, so end of that chapter! Cool huh? Haha, Phaedra wrote that whole chapter (with me changing a couple of things) so big hand to her! Yay! Thanks for reading!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=699