Almighty weakness by Hilda Warren
Summary: For the first time in his life Nick Carter experiences something which is more common to his fans, not him. He falls in love with a picture. What is going to happen when he finds her?




Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 31555 Read: 28641 Published: 03/03/06 Updated: 06/13/06

1. Prologue-It's the girl..in Forbes.. by Hilda Warren

2. Chapter one-Am I...so single? by Hilda Warren

3. Chapter two-Breathtaking cute..and sincere? by Hilda Warren

4. Chapter three-Just come closer to me by Hilda Warren

5. Chapter four-Picture perfect by Hilda Warren

6. Chapter five-Shy affection by Hilda Warren

7. Chapter six-The adventure of my life by Hilda Warren

8. Chapter seven-Magical attraction by Hilda Warren

9. Chapter eight-I'll be the angel by Hilda Warren

10. Chapter nine-Passion in the air by Hilda Warren

11. Chapter ten-Princess' painful memoirs by Hilda Warren

12. Chapter eleven-You are not weak..you just need me by Hilda Warren

13. Chapter twleve-What if...pills give the relief? by Hilda Warren

14. Chapter thirteen-I'll be fine, I'll be fine by Hilda Warren

15. Chapter fourteen-I am your little puppy by Hilda Warren

16. Chapter fifteen-Can I miss you? by Hilda Warren

17. Chapter sixteen-Don't leave me standing in the pouring rain by Hilda Warren

18. Chapter seventeen-Caught in the moment by Hilda Warren

19. Chapter 18-There's always competition! by Hilda Warren

20. Chapter 19-Bye, bye bunny! by Hilda Warren

Prologue-It's the girl..in Forbes.. by Hilda Warren
Being a superstar isn’t always fun. He, Nick Carter, would have wanted now be in his room and rest after the stressful sound check, not give another useless interview. And as always when you want to get off of an unwanted duty, you can’t. The reporter was late so Nick was really bored. Nothing interesting happened in the hotel conference room where the interview should happen. All he noticed was pile of magazines and he took the one which was on top. It was the Forbes magazine he did never read but out of boredom he decided to go through the pages...As he was swiftly turning the pages he noticed a picture of a gorgeous girl which he thought was a model. He stopped and read the article. He wasn’t half way through it when the reporter arrived and apologized for being late. Nick would have wanted that the reporter had never come, because he was intrigued by the article. He didn’t concentrate on the interview and as soon it was over he took the magazine and headed to his room.

When you look at me, you would mostly think that my life is so perfect. Who wouldn’t think that? Being the founder and owner of FASHION VICTIM, one of the most popular fashion stores in UK made me rich and famous. The tabloids are always drooling over me and trying to figure out who is the lucky guy with me. At least thanks god there are Bentleys with tinted windows available. But being a founder of a business is different from being an heiress. The past few years I’ve worked as a horse to get all running well. Now I can enjoy myself. Last month Forbes made an article about me. Yes, I’m really successful in business, but there’s one discipline in life I was never really good at... love. Even when I think I could get everything, I can’t. Where to get a real boyfriend who would love me and not my money or fame? Well, I should get used to it...I will always be the spinster millionaire Barbara Rowland, who will never find the one who’s meant to be with me?

Nick sat in his hotel room and was totally sunk into the article. That girl is just amazing he thought. So different from other girls....Well, but she lives in the UK, but I’m here....
A few days were left till the end of his tour. He couldn’t stop thinking about that picture of her. C’mon dude, you’re not like your fan girls! You won’t go crazy about one picture! It’s so unreal to meet her!
But as the tour finished, he, without saying a word to someone, booked a flight to London and reserved a room in the Savoy. His excuse for himself was that he needs to enjoy a holiday in Europe where’s more peaceful for him...but secretly he wished to look at her in real life for a moment...to prove himself that no one can be so perfect like her.
The night he arrived at the Savoy he studied a London tourist guide to see where she could be...actually, he didn’t believe that he’s got a real chance to even see her...but...but it’s more interesting than sitting all alone in his LA home.
The next morning he ordered a car with a driver and decided to go to Notting Hill. He didn’t know why she could be there, but judging from the tourist guide it was the ultimate place for people like her. As he arrived in the district he to took a walk and checked the scenery. Nick lazily walked around the district when he saw her in a small café. Goodness, now he knew how his fans felt when they saw him. To see the one that you secretly like in person is just...just so surreal. First he wanted to go away. It’s her, but what if she even doesn’t want to talk to me? But what would be if she did? I am going to try! How will I know for sure?
So he walked into the café and came at her table. Wow, she looks even better in the close up! A fuzzy feeling overcame him. What’s going wrong with me?
Chapter one-Am I...so single? by Hilda Warren
‘’Is this place free?’’
‘’Sure...’’Actually, she didn’t care so she didn’t look at the person who sits down at the table. She felt that he’s looking at her and then, all of sudden, he started the conversation.

''My name's Nick, and what's your name?''
''Nice to meet you, but I don't see a significant reason why you should know my name...'' She took a fast glimpse at the stranger...I think that I’ve seen him somewhere...but where?
She looked up to the stranger. It wasn't really usual for brits to start a conversation so easily. Somehow, his face seemed familiar, but she didn't remember where she could've seen him. Maybe he was just like everyone else? He smiled at her and she noticed that he had something so charming that she just couldn't hold herself and smiled back.

''Why do I want to know your name? Maybe I would like to get to know you?
'' It's just so unusual for London...I mean; people here start a conversation about weather, not so personally...''
''Well, maybe I'm not usual...''
''Sure, you are. But, if you're trying to sell me something or will tell me how scientology helped you, I'm sorry, not interested......''
He was confused. Is she really trying to turn me down? Obviously, she hasn't recognized me. Well, but it's somehow different when someone's not trying to strip you right now. Well, I got to try something different.
''You know, I'm not trying to sell anything to you. It’s just usual that where I come from to approach people directly...''
Goodnessshe thought. Why is he still so assertive? I admit, he looksreally cute and I know I'm really weak with cute guys...
''So... where do you come from?''
He smiled lucidly and was a really happy that she didn't send him off.
''I actually live in LA, but sometimes in Florida Keys...'' Her face clouded. IShe remembered her ex-boyfriend from LA. Oh, what an idiot he was! Her mood was down instantly.

''So, should I be impressed? I know that lots of arrogant people live in LA. And most of them suppose that they are already famous once when they've stepped foot in this city...'' He perceived that she have had probably an ex-boyfriend there, because he saw that she was intentionally not looking at him.
''I promise that I'm not arrogant. And in case I become like that remind me what I've promised you...''
Whoa, this was a really unusual sentence...Although it was so unrealistic, it was yet so sweet.
''It's usual for you to meet girls like this?''
''No, I'm quite shy....''
''Really? I thought that you're very self-confident. How did you figure out to approach me?''
''I packed up all my bravery and just tried...But it looks like I didn't try hard enough....’’ His face got obviously sad. So she thoughtWhy couldn't I tell him what he asked?
''Ok, Ok, I'll tell you my name. My name's Barbara''
''That's a really nice name. Maybe we could now start a ''usual conversation''?

‘’So you want to talk about weather?’’
‘’Well, not really, but I have to do it to keen the conversation on, I’ll do it.
‘’How can you be so sweet? Well, say whatever you want...’’She was really surprised that she could say something like this. IShe was usually very distant, but he was so mesmerizing that she wasn’t controlling herselfself. What’s going on with me?
‘’I don’t want to be nosy...but weren’t you recently mentioned in Forbes? Yeah, I remember there was picture of you...’’
‘’Yes...And what? Does it matter?’’
‘’I just thought how such a beautiful girl can be a business shark. You own these VICTIM stores...right?’’
‘’Right, it’s called FASHION VICTIM and it has two sub categories HEAVEN and PARADISE....What are you doing for a living?
‘’I’m in a band. And I work in an environment foundation, too. I have a question....I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask it...’’
‘’Just try.’’
‘’Are...are you single?’’ He ducked a little, because he thought that she would start to shout or do something like this. First, she was upset how he could be so gutsy, but then she realized that he was right. I’m really very single at the moment.
‘’You’re right. I’m single.’’ Ihe lowered her eyes and looked at her coffee cup. Why did I say this to a complete stranger? Have I lost my mind?
Nick looked at her and felt sorry for her. He knew how she felt, because he had been single for a long time. Yes, he was now single.
‘’You know, I’m single too. People think that a backstreet boy is never single, but it’s wrong.
‘’Wait, you’re from the Backstreet Boys?’’
‘’Yes, that’s right...’’
‘’But then you’ve got so many fans...lots of folks to choose from...’’
‘’But they all don’t take me serious. They think that I’m something in-between God and a doll...’’
‘’Really? And I’ve got the impression that most of my prospective Romeos want not me, but the money...’’
‘’Well, I’m not interested in your money, but I have to confess that I’m interested in your person...What do you think about me?’’
‘’You’re the first who talked to me like I was normal...you talked to me so that I’d want to believe you saw something interesting in me...’’
‘’I’m usually very shy, because I don’t know what someone would want from me...and I thought...I thought that I just had to talk to you...’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’The picture from the magazine was so great that it kept on looming around my thoughts. It was because I don’t usually read this magazine, I was waiting for an interview, and there were a few magazines and I was just looking through them as I stopped at your picture...first I thought it was an image of a model, but then I read what was said under it...’’
‘’This sound like a fairy tale...’’
‘’The problem was that I couldn’t stop thinking about this picture, that might sound very silly, but I decided to book a ticket to London to get rid of these thoughts...I arrived yesterday evening, stayed at the Savoy and studied a city guide...and so I got here, to Notting Hill...maybe because this is such a famous district...I walked along a little, then came near this café...and saw you...at first I was a little confusedabout what to do, but then I just tried...now I sound like a fool...’’He lowered his eyes and smiled at her a little guilty...Was this really true what he said? What if it was? Could something like this be possible? And even if it’s not true, it’s still the sweetest lie I’ve heard since along time.
‘’You don’t sound like a fool. It’s just so unbelievable. But somehow I like this story. Yes...I’d even like to be the one searched for...’’
He just had to smile. Maybe he’s got some real chances to get her? Well, it would be great because he’d never met such a unique girl.
Chapter two-Breathtaking cute..and sincere? by Hilda Warren
‘’Don’t you think that sometimes fairy tales do come true? If it’s possible to become so successful in a short time....why don’t you think that it’s possible to meet someone special?’’
‘’Well, it’s possible to make it in business...you can predict the demand, the changes in fashion....but I could never predict that I’d meet you, for example...’’
‘’ You see, life’s so unpredictable....but sometimes you can’t predict the good things...I really enjoy the conversation with you...’’
‘’Me too...You seem so....’’
‘’How do I seem to you?’’
‘’If I can say it honestly...’’What will she say? I hope I haven’t bored her...please don’t ask me to leave. He was totally worried about it.
‘’You seem so cute...I don’t know if I can say that...but I mean it’’
He felt very victorious. So she thinks I’m cute. That’s a huge plus for me.
‘’Then I’ll allow myself to say something to you. You’re cute, too. Breathtaking cute...
He said it so sincere...I just wanted to believe him. How long ago did I hear something like this? I don’t remember...she thought.
‘’Oh, you’re getting really daring. But I like your style. No one ever dares to tell me something like that.’’
‘’But I think it’s not even necessary to dare when you tell someone the truth. The only question is if the person can handle it...’’
‘’I...don’t know what to so say...’’ She was really confused. He said it so sure. Does it mean that it was really what he thought?
‘’The confusion in your face makes you even sweeter...and so I’ve never seen someone that sweet before...’’
‘’Do you really mean it what you say?’’
‘’I swear, I honestly mean it. May sound cheesy, but I just can’t stop myself to tell you that.’’
‘’And you tell it every girl you meet...’’
‘’No...I said that I’m really shy. But with you...I’m going to take the risk to sound cheesy or foolish...’’ he looked so innocently at her. I confess I could look endlessly at his beautiful blue eyes.
‘’Most boys try to impress me. But you just keep on being so...So yourself?
‘’Well, I don’t know if you’re really easy to impress. I just try to show you what kind of person I am.’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’Because I think that’s important. Everyone’s only looking on what I’ve done or how I look but no one cares what I think...’’
‘’I can relate to it. Everyone wants to go out with that ‘’rich chick’’...and these dates were so superficial...’’
‘’In my case it’s always the ‘’backstreet boy’’ they want...but I’m really tired of screaming girls in mini skirts whose wish is to strip me promptly...
He saw that they had almost finished eating, so he called the waiter, gave him something and the waiter vanished.
‘’Don’t tell me you paid for this! I could’ve done it...’’
He signed the bill the waiter gave him. She was totally confused. Once again. This reminded herof a date...but from herprevious dates there was a huge difference. She was always expected to pay.

He smiled and said
‘’I think it’s my duty to do so. Don’t look at me so. But as you know, life doesn’t give anything for granted...I have a little question for you...’’
She didn’t know what to answer him. But he said it so nice that she decided to wait to get to hear his question.
‘’Would you go for a walk with me? I know it’s already dusk, but...’’
She was thinking really hard. What if I agree? What if I don’t? He’s so sweet. When was the last time I’ve gone out with someone I really like? At least he’s not going to strip my credit card...but....What thoughts are coming to my mind? Well, he’s not only cute...he’s definitely hot...
‘’I think that I could be so brave and go with you...’’
‘’You know, I’m not biting...’’
‘’But sometimes the sweetest puppy can grow up and become a dangerous watchdog...’’
‘’I think that I’m a big dog with a puppy’s heart...’’
‘’Then I’m pretty sure that it’s a good idea to go with you...’’

He looked at her so sweetly that it was very hard to resist the temptation to hug him. What’s wrong with me? I thought that I had lost all illusions about relationships and then...I meet him...Maybe I should simply run away even before anything more or less serious has started? He wasn’t fitting into the type she usually chose for being her boyfriend. They were usually aspiring actors or models or whatever, who wanted to get some attention in the spotlight with her. But Nick...he was so different. He doesn’t need her money or publicity. He has it all. But will all that make it harder for her?

‘’Don’t tell me you’re already regretting that you agreed to come with me.’’
‘’No...I was just thinking...’’
‘’You were thinking how intrusive and insistent I am?’’
‘’God no. I just thought where we could go...’’
That’s good, he thought. It’s the first step to her trust in me. Now I have to show her that I could be the best for her. I had never met someone like her. She’s so perfect...The picture couldn’t show how wonderful she is. If I don’t try to get her, I’m a complete idiot. At this moment when she is looking at me so nice it’s so hard to keep myself away from the idea to hug her. But with a huge effort he could hold himself.
‘’Well, I thought that the London Eye could be interesting...’’
‘’That’s pretty far from here. Should I call my chauffeur?
‘’I thought it’s not that far. Is it possible to walk to it?’’
‘’Sure, but it will take some time. Or you don’t like long walks?’’
‘’Oh, I think that I’m fit enough.’’
‘’But it might take more than 45 minutes.’’
‘’That’s really nothing.’’
‘’As you wish.’’
After a while Nick thought that the walk is really endless. She saw that he was getting tired.
‘’Tell me, honestly-are you tired?’’
‘’Yeah. I couldn’t imagine that long distance walks are so tiring...’’
‘’Then I’ll call my...’’
‘’Pease don’t. Why couldn’t we do it like normal people? They usually don’t have personnel...’’
‘’Then there’s one good choice. The underground station one is just in front of us.’’
‘’So let’s use it...’’

Actually, she hadn’t used this method of transport for a while but it seemed that nothing had changed. While she got the tickets he was standing beside me. When she was taking the tickets she heard that two girls, which were standing a little apart from them had drawn all their attention to him and were whispering to each other ‘’I think it’s the backstreet boy!’’ ‘’ No, it can’t be. There is no reason he could be here.’’ ‘’But I’m sure it’s him!’’ She felt that it was close to get into a bunch of screaming fans, so she reacted fast. She came closer to him, laid her hands on his shoulders put her face closer to his and said ’’I’m only doing this because I want to protect you from an unexpected fan attack. So...’’

She kissed him. First she felt that he was very surprised, but then he answered the kiss really avidly. He pulled her nearer and she had to admit that he was kissing very well. She heard that the girls talked again. ‘’You see, it’s not your adored Carter. Why do think it’s him every time you see a blonde guy?’’ ‘’But I was so sure!’’ ‘’I think you’ve got hallucinations from all that pictures of him in your room.’’ ‘’But he’s so adorable.’’ ‘’But he’s not hanging around in the Bond Street tube station.’’

She knew that she had to release him, but if Ishe could’ve decided what to do, Ishe had kept on kissing him. As she let him go, he looked a little sad.
‘’So this is the way you rescued me?’’
‘’Well, yes...I just couldn’t find another way. Or did you want to meet the fans?’’
‘’I’m on vacation... And your plan was very effective...I liked it...’’He tried to look at her innocently, but she fathomed that he would loved to continue the kissing.
‘’What should I do when someone’s paying to much attention to me in the carriage?’’
‘’Does it include me?’’
‘’You can pay even more attention to me. That’s the only attention I want. ‘’
‘’You’re so charming... And here’s our train.’’
Chapter three-Just come closer to me by Hilda Warren
They got into the carriage. As the rush hour was over, the carriage wasn’t full, but there were still a lot of people. They sat down on a bench. After a while he leaned closer to her.

‘’What is it?’’
‘’I realized that I have no chance to hide if someone recognizes me. Maybe you could help me...maybe we could...we could act like we’re a couple? It worked at the station...’’
He looked at her and smiled somewhat shyly. Those eyes! I just couldn’t say no. Sure everything today was going on crazy, but.... Why couldn’t I live one day this way? Barbara thought.
‘’That’s a good idea. It’s simple and effective. Come closer to me.’’
He didn’t need to be told twice. He leaned very close and put his arm around her shoulder.
‘’Wow, you really don’t need to be told twice.’’
‘’There’s really no need to hesitate.’’
They were sitting so for a while and it felt really good this way. She knew it was strange for her, but it was somewhat like they are actually together together...as a couple. How can it be?
‘’This is our station. We need to change to another line.’’

They stood up and he swiftly embraced her waist and whispered to her
‘’We need to keep the impression that we’re a couple, right?’’
He was glad that he had such a good reason to touch her. I know that she is doing it only for the sake of my safety. But maybe this could change? Will there be a moment when she wittingly will want to have me near? Although right now she is not into pure denial, she’s just a little worried...

She had divided feelings. One the one hand - she felt really comfortable with him. But was it right to feel so? How can she tell what’s right? She looked at him and thought that maybe it was right. We haven't done anything what would seem wrong. But does it only seem right?
‘’Where do we have to go now?’’
‘’Oh... let’s take the next right turn and we’ll be there.’’
‘’What were you thinking? You looked like your thoughts were floating far away...’’
Well, she couldn’t tell him what she really was thinking. she was thinking about him. She had to invent something to say.
‘’I thought...’’
‘’About us?’’
She was totally puzzled. How could he guess? Has he some paranormal powers?
‘’How could you guess? You’re right...’’ she thought what to say next.
‘’That was very easy. For a moment you leaned a little closer to me and... What exactly did you think?’’
‘’You’ll think that I’m weird. I was thinking about you.’’
‘’That compliments me. Could I get a more exact description? Is there something special you like in me?’’
‘’I like that you say what you think. You’re so sure about everything you’re doing. ‘’
‘’And there’s one thing I’m completely sure of. I will do anything that’s possible to make you like me more.’’
‘’Why will you do it?’’
‘’Because I haven’t met someone like you in my life. These few hours I’ve spent with you are so wonderful that I’d wish to spend many more with you. I’ve always believed that...there is always a reason why I’m at place at a special time...and today I was really lucky...’’
‘’What has happened?’’
‘’You’re really clueless? I met you!’’
‘’That’s so unbelievable sweet. But you said it so credibly...’’
‘’When I thank that I could be now in LA alone...It’s so sad when I come back home and there’s no one...so I’m really happy that I decided to go to London...and yes, it’s true...I went here to search for you...That picture...but I didn’t believe it would be possible to find you... I mean, it could’ve been so that you’re not in town this week....but everything happened so...unexpectedly...this is such a big city...I believed that my wish is just a uncultivable fancy...
‘’Do you always get what you want?’’
‘’It depends on what I want. In the material aspect I got everything I want, I think it’s the same for you. But when it comes to attitudes... Everyone always acts so unnatural... It feels like stuck in a never-ending play. And so it’s tragic for me when I’ve believed people, thought that they’re really like they act...but then it comes out that they only made me believe..
Chapter four-Picture perfect by Hilda Warren
She looked at him and thought how really tragic this is. He just wants to be appreciated and loved. Barbara felt so sorry for him that she wanted to embrace him and tell him that it’s just the same for her.

But at the moment she was thinking about this, he pulled her closer and said
‘’We’ve got to find our train. Did I sadden you? I’m so sorry. You know, I feel so good today. And it’s the best adventure I’ve had since...well, I don’t know...but such a feeling of being normal...’’

‘’Are you from Mars? Honestly, I don’t see any green horns on your head our something else what would point out that you’re an alien...’’
He started to laugh and his face looked so exempt from worries...
‘’I never saw this from this particular point. But I think I’ll better stay blonde, not green. What do you think?’’
‘’Well, you would look good even green, because I think that nothing could taint your look.’’
‘’So I can honestly say that you would look good even green with stripes...’’
‘’Then we would be a nice couple of Martians...’’
‘’We’re pretty much picturesque here on Earth, too. Oh, let’s take a picture of us! My cell phone’s got a camera.’’

The pictures were wonderful. Just like all normal people got in their albums.
‘’I want that pictures, too. Finally there’s a use for the camera in my phone...’’
‘’Sure, so will each of us have pictures. It’s really fun to photograph by myself, not being photographed.’’
They were fooling around with the cameras for a while.

As the train arrived they got into the carriage and again he leaned closer to her. Goodness, I already got used to this feeling! When he put his head on her shoulder, she ... put up her hand and disheveled his hair a little. I didn’t know why I did this. What has overcome me?
‘’I’m sorry. I don’t know why I did this...’’
‘’You don’t have to be sorry! I like it when you become so unpredictable. You haven’t done anything wrong. ‘’
‘’So you think that? I’ve never done something like this...’’
‘’Well, I thought it was so sweet and... So natural...’’
She didn’t know what to say... maybe he was right....But why was he right? I know, but it’s really hard to admit... I started to like him! Oh my god, what has really overcome me? I’ve met him a few hours ago, but it feels like I knew him for longer...much longer. But I’ve always thought that it takes a really long time to make me like someone...maybe he has some hypnotic powers? I really don’t know....but...he’s so cute...maybe it is his secret? She was lost in her thoughts that they almost missed their station.
‘’We need to get out here. It’s our station!’’ She stood up and run to the door, not looking back. But he didn’t either fall behind because after a few seconds they found themselves on the platform, and in an incredible way, he had again managed to be right behind her and put his hands around her shoulders.
‘’Were you trying to run away from me?’’ He said it in a such sad and soft tone that her heart almost melt.
‘’No, I wasn’t trying to run away from you...me...I just...’’
‘’Then I don’t have to run after you...but if I had to...I would run after you...’’
‘’What makes you so sure about that?’’
‘’I just think that I’ve not met someone like you...I don’t want to let you go...’’

His face leaned closer to hers; she felt his warm breath right on the cheek. She turned her head to him and saw that his lips were so close to hers...I don’t know what to do. What would have been right? She just stood still... He saw that she was unsure so he backed of. For a moment she aw a little disappointment in his eyes but it vanished instantly and he smiled at her lucidly.

’’Where do we need to go now?’’
‘’Just up these stairs and we’re almost there...’’
She walked a little faster, so he was right behind her, but he didn’t attempt to get nearer . Had I scared him of off me? It is not so that I wouldn’t like him, I was just... scared how fast I get used to him.

Nick walked behind her and was lost in deep thoughts. How could I tell her that I didn’t want to harass her? That I just thought she wants me too? What if I’m wrong? Then how could I show her that I would want to spend more time with her? Maybe I should be more chivalrous? But how I would want to embrace her and tell her that I like her so much....

She looked at him and felt somehow guilty. He walked beside her now, hands in the pockets of his jeans, his eyes staring at the pavement. Oh, how would she want to hug him and ask him what’s wrong! But could she do so? If he has decided to keep distance than she’ll do the same.

After a while they got into the capsule of the Ferris wheel. She'd always had a phobia from height so she didn’t know why she went there. Maybe I wanted to follow him no matter what? It’s a diagnosis for me today. Although the cause for this illness is really cute....

As the Ferris wheel gained height she started to feel panic. She tried to be brave but she couldn’t.

Suddenly she run... she ran to him. He was first surprised, but he didn’t hesitate and hugged her instantly.
‘’What is it?’’
‘’I’m so afraid of this height...I didn’t want to harass you...I’m...’’
‘’You don’t have to be sorry. I’m the guilty one. I didn’t ask you if you’re afraid of heights. And what’s more important-you’re not harassing me...’’
‘’I thought it wouldn’t be right to do so...I thought you could take it as offence...’’
‘’No...I was just worrying that you don’t like me... I thought I’ve scared you when we were in the final station...’’
‘’I just didn’t know what to do then... I thought I’ve just imagined that you could like me...’’

And then she started to cry....about everything that she had messed up in her life...that now when Ishe'd met someone she really likes she ruins everything...

She expected that he would turn away from her and look at her in revolt, but no...
He pulled her nearer, stroke her hair and kissed her a little shy and gentle. She really hadn’t expected this...it felt so good...as if it always had been so...

‘’I could always be there for you. You would always know that you can trust me...’’
These words sounded so sincere...no one ever had said something like that to me... and I wanted to believe him...Maybe I could let myself believe for a while?
‘’You don’t have to say that...’’
He didn’t say anything...but he again leaned closer and kissed her. This time it was surer yet not demanding. She put her arms around him and felt how near he was...the warmth of his body...but not only the physical nearness...it was the indescribable feeling of harmony what got her caught up...he was so near, but it didn’t feel uncomfortable...it was like we had been together for a while...

She felt so good in his arms...She'd never thought that someone ever could give her this feeling.

As they'dfinish the kiss he stroke her cheek and said ‘’Do you feel safer now?’’
‘’Oh, yes. Like never before. You made me feel...’’
‘’How did I make you feel?’’
‘’So needed. I know that sounds so stupid...how can I say that when you even don’t know me?’’
‘’But there’s something that should clear your doubts...I want to know everything about you...you make me feel so...so myself. So needed...you’re not afraid to show your emotions...This means you don’t try to pretend something for me...’’
‘’But it could make things difficult...’’
‘’I have always preferred reality to show...’’

She felt his even heart beat and steady breath. They had forgotten everything around us, the city lights, the height and the time around them. The Ferris wheel stopped heavy on the ground.

As they had to leave, she looked into his eyes and saw that he looked at me so mildly and loving... I had never seen someone looking at me like this... Can someone fake a look like this?

He took her hand and they went outside. The wind blew over the Thames, it was getting colder.

‘’Could I ask your number? I...would like to see you again...’’
He said it so subtle and childish that she had to laugh. ‘’Only if I get yours’’
‘’Sure. So you would want to call me?’’
‘’You don’t want me to call you?’’
‘’You can call me even in the middle of the night... Would you like to go out with me tomorrow? It would be a real honor for me...’’
‘’Oh, you’re so noble...you can call me tomorrow...it was really fun with you...so different...I would like to go out with you again...’’
‘’You’re making me really happy! I can’t wait till tomorrow...’’

‘’I got to call my driver, it’s time for me to get home...’’
‘’Well, maybe it would be better to call mine, so I had the chance to spend a little more time with you...’’ He was so cute... why not spend a little more time with him?
‘’Ok, call your car!’’

After a while a black Rolls Royce stopped and they got in. She had nothing to say to him. And he was quiet, too...For moment their eyes met again and she felt a fuzzy feeling...
Chapter five-Shy affection by Hilda Warren
But the fuzzy feeling in didn’t hold for long. Sure, his charm is strong, but I can’t give in...What if he’s another one who wants to use me for his publicity purposes? I have had enough of this.

She turned her eyes away from him because she knew that his look had a magic effect on her.

But when I turn my eyes away does it mean that the magic is lost or do I only keep myself away from it? Am I doing the right thing now? Or am I just too afraid, for once in my life, to let my feelings lead the way, not my head? It just can’t be serious with him...But when was it serious? Maybe I’m just scared that I could fall in love? My other relationships weren’t real love...I don’t know what they were, but...I never felt back then like today...But tomorrow I’ll maybe feel different? But what if...what if he’s sent to me by destiny?
She just looked out of the window...what else was better to do now? And so she could have a good reason not to look at him.

Nick couldn’t stop looking at her. Oh, how would he want to put his arms around her shoulders, see affection to him in her eyes? But how could he even dream about it? They’re back in real life. She is in her element, where she is afraid to show her true feelings. She seemed so free when we were doing everything like normal people. The traveling by underground...when we were pretending to be a couple. But that feeling seemed so real...I’ve played in some TV shows and I can separate the expressions when someone tries to act something...this shy affection wasn’t acted...her kiss in the station...she hadn’t done it if she didn’t want to...it is possible that she felt a passionate attraction at this moment...and in the Ferris wheel... she probably run impulsively to me...maybe because she wanted that I protect her? At the moment when I kissed her I felt that she wanted it... that she wanted me... But now she thinks that I’m another bloated jerk who tries to impress her but has no real feelings? Nick’s thoughts were interrupted when the car stopped at a house in Notting Hill.

She swiftly opened the door and rushed out, without even looking at him. First he was perplexed, but followed her. She had almost opened the door, but she turned as she heard steps behind her.

‘’Wait! You even didn’t say goodbye.’’
‘’I thought the evening was over...’’
‘’Did I say so? What did you do wrong that you run away from me?’’
‘’You did nothing wrong...I’m just so used to that when I’m not needed anymore I leave...’’
‘’I didn’t want you to leave. I had to ask you about tomorrow...’’
‘’You’ve changed your plans, I suppose? It’s alright...’’
She looked a little sad; yet so adorable...he felt the irresistible desire to kiss her, with all his passion...to feel her again, but he knew that it was not right to do so at this moment...he reached out his hand and replaced a strand of her hair which had fallen on her face and then stroke her cheek.

She smiled lightly and this little expression almost melt his heart.

‘’No, I just wanted to make sure that you want to go out with me tomorrow... if you don’t want to...I’m not pushing...but I confess I would be really happy when you would want to see me tomorrow...’’
‘’Should I make any arrangements? Book something or...’’
‘’The only arrangement you should make is to go with me somewhere...’’
‘’That’s so simple... I’m so used to organize everything... everything could get out of control...’’
‘’But this time, let me surprise you...I’ll make you forget all worries and simply enjoy life...’’
‘’This sounds promising...too good to be true...’’
‘’Just believe...life can bring you a lot of good things, too! I had never thought that I’d meet you...the girl from the magazine...and I’m feeling like in a dream...so can I call you tomorrow?’’
‘’Sure, you can...See you...’’

She turned around and went into the house...the door closed after her and he felt somehow left all alone. He headed back to the shining Rolls Royce and ordered to drive back to the hotel.

Barbara heard her steps on the white marble floor. Then she realized how empty this house is... there was no one... no one cared for her...maybe this was the side effect of success...that the price for it is loneliness and emptiness?

Her phone squeaked and this meant it needed to be charged. Huh, she thought, at least the phone needs me...

Then, with no reason she chose the option to see the photos they had taken together at the station. A till now unknown feeling overcame her...she had started to miss Nick...
Oh my God, how adorable does he look! And we both together... I never looked like that when I was with someone...I have never looked so untroubled...maybe he has such an effect on me?

A shiver overcame her when she thought about the moments when he was so close...maybe these moments weren’t at all according to the rules of decency, but they felt so well that who does mind decency...suddenly she realized a hard acceptable truth...I want him!



Nick was walking around his suite and trying to figure out what to do tomorrow. Where to go with her...This place should be very special. Then he remembered that he had read some prospects about Sherwood Forest, the home of mythical Robin Hood. Maybe this place could be where he could get closer to her? He felt that this would be a good decision...
Chapter six-The adventure of my life by Hilda Warren
Nick was really excited about his idea. He found out that the drive to Nottingham would take about 3 hours, so it would be better to stay a night at a hotel. He decided to call her and ask if such an idea was acceptable for her...
What would she say? Sure, this offer seems suggestive, but maybe she’ll understand that I don’t mean it really like that? I’m going to try and call her now...

Barbara’s phone rang and she was puzzling who could call her private number that late...but whatever, she picked up without looking at the monitor...

‘’Hi! It’s me, Nick. I hope you still remember me...’’
’’You know, my memory isn’t really that short-termed...’’
‘’I wanted to ask you something important about tomorrow...I’ve planned something great, but this means...’’He said it in such low and guilty voice, ‘’that we would need to stay for a night there...I know it sounds suggestive, but I will not cross any lines if that’s what you’re afraid of...’’
‘’You know, I wasn’t out of town for recreation for a while...and I know that you’re not going to harass me...’’ Then she caught herself on one thought what if I harass him? He’s too hot...What thoughts are again coming to my mind?
‘’It’s wonderful that you can trust me... So can I book everything?’’

‘’I’m curious-where are we going? Sure, you can book, I’m certain that I’d like your ideas...’’ as Nick heard that response he imagined that one of his ideas....to exchange passionate kisses and maybe going on with more... would not be her favorite...but who knows?

‘’I will not say where exactly we’re going to, but it’s a place where fairy tales and reality meet...’’
‘’Wow, this sounds great! That is definitely a special place...’’
‘’You make even an underground station special...but this will be even more fun...I think that you’re very fit, but I seemed to you probably unfit...so I’ve planned something active...’’
‘’You didn’t seem to me unfit...long distance walks aren’t my favorite sports either. What have you planned? ‘’
‘’Oh, that comforts me when you say that I’m not unfit. Let’s say that it is a surprise, but it would be useful for you if you’d wear tomorrow something with that you can do something more active than sitting?’’

What does he mean by saying ‘’more active’’? What if he means...if he means some activity which includes being very close? Barbara blushed. What am I thinking about? He’s inviting me to a totally harmless trip...But maybe I want him to come closer?

She concentrated herself again on the conversation. ’’Sure, I won’t wear high heels...’’
‘’That’s perfect. And could you pack everything you need for a one night’s stay? I just wanted to inform about a part of my plans for tomorrow...but there will be some surprises...’’
‘’Why are you doing this? No one ever had shown so much...affection to me...I....’’
‘’I really like you... And why couldn’t I do everything to make you feel needed? Today you made me feel so good like never before...I could get addicted to this feeling...so I want to be with you tomorrow, too...’’
‘’And it’s so good to believe that you’re saying the truth...it’s too good to be true...’’
‘’Just believe in miracles...I never thought that I would meet you, the girl from the magazine, but I did...’’
‘’I haven’t dreamed for so long...’’
‘’Life can turn into a dream any time...But now I’ve kept you up too long. I’ll call you tomorrow, ok?’’
‘’Yes, you call me tomorrow. Good night.’’

Nick put his phone back on the table. The suite in Savoy seemed so empty... But yet he didn’t feel completely alone. He had the chance to see her again. And it was so sure...
He suddenly felt so warm remembering her touch and the shy kisses. A week ago he had thought that his chances even to see her were near to zero, but tomorrow he’s going to go out with her...and that’s a real miracle..
.
Nick couldn’t sleep well all night. He was worrying that she would turn him down when he calls her in the morning. As she had agreed to come with him Nick felt that he had the best chance in his life to get a unique girl...now he all he needs to do is not to mess things up and scare her off of him.

Barbara packed a small suitcase for her trip tomorrow. It was going to be the wildest thing she’d done since...since ever. But something indescribable moved her to do so. Sure this one night stay could involve some risk... But where’s a risk with enjoying life?

The next morning Nick called her to reassure that she would come and inform about the time when he would pick her up.
At the settled time he was there, again with the Rolls Royce... but he looked so cute that even a wreck Chevy wouldn’t minimize his appeal. But the Rolls Royce was a symbol for that she had to do with a boy from the same ‘’league’’...And that made it really difficult for Barbara to predict to what being with him could lead...

But as he saw her again...he was speechless...how lucky he was that she was going out with him...he came over to her and hugged her...he acted on impulse and was afraid that she could misunderstand him.

Barbara was first a little surprised that he had done this, but she felt so good feeling him nearer. He shows me so much affection...no one ever had...how does he always know what I want? It could have been my idea...

Honestly, Nick really enjoyed the fact that she wasn’t complaining about what he did, but he knew that he had to let go...unwillingly, he did so and said
‘’So you’re ready to go?’’
‘’Yes, let’s go. I was thinking all night where we’ll go, but I couldn’t figure out...I presume the place is out of London...but where exactly I don’t know...’’
‘’You probably know it....but I won’t tell you now...let’s get in the car...’’
Barbara really enjoyed the ride. Nick was so natural and didn’t try to impress her. He was even very funny when he told her all the silly happenings of the tour. And it felt so good for her to sit next to him and just talk...Time flew very fast and it seemed for her that they have been driving for a while as the car stopped .
Chapter seven-Magical attraction by Hilda Warren
‘’We’re finally here. I want to see how amazed you get when you see where we are.’’
They got out of the car and she was really amazed when she saw their destination point.
‘’Wow, its Nottingham forest...but it takes at least three hours to get here...’’
‘’And so it did...we were driving for three hours...but it felt like it took only half an hour for me...’’
‘’And so it did for me...what will we exactly do here?’’

‘’Since I promised we’d do something active...we’ll make a mountain bike tour on that path in front of us...’’
‘’That’s a really good idea. You made so much effort for me...’’
‘’I didn’t do so much. It were the pixies, which live in this forest...look, they’ve placed the bikes for us!’’

‘’I want to see how sporty you are...’’she said taking her bike.
‘’So you’re challenging me?’’
‘’Yeah... ‘’
After a while racing through the forest they decided to slow down.
‘’I have to admit, you’re really sporty. I won’t challenge you anymore...because then I would be lost in the middle of this forest...and I don’t know the right way back...’’
‘’I would never do something like this....you know it is really bad behavior to leave your date in the middle of nowhere...’’
‘’Well, this calms me down... but I thought that you’re a bad boy...’’
‘’It depends on how you define ‘’bad boy’’... at least I know I’m not a nerd...’’he chuckled.
‘’I would say that I like bad boys... The definition? I think it is someone who is unpredictable, charming and...Irresistible...’’
‘’Would I fit in your definition?’’

Barbara couldn’t deny the fact that he did more than fit into her description... he was absolutely adorable...What if she could tell him directly what she thought? She was curious about his reaction.

‘’Wow, you’re nosy! But when I look at you... Honestly, you’re more than my description...you’re a role model for this definition...’’
Nick was so amazed by what she said that he almost fell from his bike, but at the last moment he managed to keep the balance. Barbara saw his little drift, but didn’t laugh.

As he got back to normal driving he asked ’’Could this mean that you like me?’’
‘’To be true, if I was completely disinterested in you I wouldn’t be here today...’’

Nick didn’t know what to say, he was speechless and yet felt victorious...So she likes me? That could lead to more than liking...but I won’t push her to more... only if she wants to...

Barbara worried if she had said something wrong. But as she saw Nick’s contented facial expression she calmed down.

After a few minutes cycling through the calm forest Nick started talk again ‘’At this point our cycling tour is over. But don’t worry, there is another surprise... I’m getting hungry now...’’
‘’But I don’t see any restaurants here...I’d like to eat something, too.’’
‘’The pixies heard our demand...We’ll leave the bikes here and walk farther by foot...It won’t be as far as yesterday though.’’

They walked on a small path and Barbara thought that it is the best date she ever was.
‘’How do you know where to go all the time? It seems magical...’’
‘’It’s pretty simple...there are signs all around and I studied yesterday the map a little...Didn’t you see the signs?’’
‘’What? No, I didn’t...I just followed you...’’
‘’So you can keep on doing so. I didn’t lead you to astray, right?’’
‘’Yes... I just have to tell you that it is the first time I’m having such a wonderful date...’’
‘’I’m really glad to hear that. You know that was my intention...’’

The path lead them to a pond with a plank-way. On the plank way was covered with a blanket and a basket was on it. Barbara was curious how this could be set in the middle of the forest so she proceed to the basket and saw a little note on it. ‘’Lunch for Nick& Barbara. From ‘’Little Pixie inc.’’ Enjoy’’

Nick came to her smiling and asked ‘’what does the note say?’’
‘’It is lunch...from the pixies!’’
‘’You see-never underestimate the power of a pixie in a fairy tale forest!’’he said, trying not to laugh.

‘’Now I’ll know it! It was true when you said that you’d bring me to a place where reality and fairy tales meet... I thought that it’s impossible...’’
‘’You see that every word I say is true...let us sit down and relax.’’
Barbara thought that this was the best date she ever had. He had made so many endeavors to make me feel needed. She caught a fast glimpse at their reflection in the water...what a picture perfect harmony!

After they had finished eating they were walking back to the car. The path was uneven so that at one moment Barbara stumbled and felt that she’s falling. Nick reacted in a second and caught her.

She felt so safe in his arms that she didn’t really want to be released again. He had expected that she would want to get out of his arms, but he was wrong. At this time being wrong made him happy.
‘’These forest paths can be a little dangerous. Should I hold you until we get to our car?’’
She didn’t answer the question; she just cuddled up to him. He took it as an accepting answer. He had secretly hoped that she would so easy lean closer to him, that she would trust him. And now it has happened. And this fine feeling was giving his heart such a warmth that he wished he’d never lose it.

‘’Where are we staying tonight?’’ she asked when they were in the car.
‘’The place is called Bolham Manor. It’s not a big hotel but a nice guest house. I think we don’t need any publicity from today, right?’’
‘’Oh, you’re the first one with whom I’m going out who doesn’t want any publicity. That is usually the goal of guys who want to go out with me...’’
‘’I’m so tired that every girl wants the publicity, not me. You understand me so good. Maybe it’s because our lives are quite alike...’’
‘’That could be a reason’’ she said and smiled at him.
God, but he's still so exceptional. Why is he here with me? What does he see in me?

The car stopped by a Victorian style manor. It was far away from the roads and a magical peace was all around it.
‘’So...do you like it here?’’
‘’Yes, it’s so nice. A good choice for staying.
Chapter eight-I'll be the angel by Hilda Warren
Barbara was sitting in the living room and drinking some tea. Nick came in, having a radiant smile on his face

‘’We’re finally alone.’’
‘’Does it mean there are no other guests?’’
‘’Well, this guest house has only 6 guest rooms, so I booked the whole house...’’
‘’So we’ll have a quiet evening...Isn’t it dangerous for me being alone in a house with a boy?’ she smiled.
‘’Do I look dangerous to you?’’ He had that unbeatable puppy look on his face again and her heart did almost melt...

‘’No, you’re not dangerous...’’ she knew that she in fact thought that it was really dangerous for her being in one house with him...but it was also very tempting...

‘’What do you want to do now?’’
To keep looking on you and think how hot you are, it was her first thought, but she concentrated and said ‘’I think I’ll take a shower...’’
‘’Me, too...’’ he said, fighting the thought they could do it together.

Nick was in the shower and these thoughts didn’t stop to haunt his mind. He imagined that right now she could be in the shower with him.... how her hands would glide over his body... how he could touch her...he felt that he got too excited so let a jet stream of icy cold water down on him. It helped for a while.

He wrapped a towel around his waist and went to the bedroom. He discovered that the owners of the house had presumed that they are a couple so Barbara’s clothes were as well in the wardrobe.
After a while the door opened and Barbara came in. First she didn’t notice him but as she did, she got totally confused.

‘’I’m sorry, I thought this was my room’’ her sight caught his well-trained body. She just couldn’t let her eyes off of his muscled torso. Oh, how did she want to wipe away the water drops which were slowly running down!

‘’You don’t have to be sorry. We were accidentally put together here...they presumed that we’re a couple’’ he said, lowering his eyes to the spilt of her bathrobe which revealed her long legs.

‘’I just take my clothes and I’m off’’ she said, turning her eyes from him. She hoped that she didn’t blush.

He saw that she had slightly blushed as well as she had watched him. That increased his excitement. How did he want to undress her and see what’s underneath...but as she didn’t show any signs of coming closer, he controlled himself and tried to concentrate, what was very hard seeing the object of his desire.

‘’I can leave the room...’’
‘’No, first to come first to serve, this is, you can stay...I just take the things I need...Meet you downstairs...’’

And she rushed out of the room with some clothes in her hands. From some aspect he was glad she was away, because she didn’t see how excited he got. He was wondering about himself. It usually did take more to turn him on.

If only he had known that she would have wanted to come closer! But she was so afraid...

Barbara was looking out of the window of the living room when she felt that he was standing behind her. The air felt so thick for her that it was hard for her to breathe. She felt that she has to run away to not feel him so near.

‘’I...I have to go and turn the lights off in the stable... Remember, the hostess said it would be really nice to turn out the lights in the stable, because the horses are used to sleep in darkness...’’
‘’Well...’’ he said it kind of sad ‘’in the meantime I’ll make some sandwiches and tea, if it’s right...’’ He felt that she was afraid of something, so he let her go for that moment. He saw how she turned the corner and headed to the stable. Trying to figure out the reasons why she wanted to escape he went to the kitchen.

Barbara went into the stable and admitted to herself that she had searched for an excuse to not follow her feelings...Do I only imagine that he wants me, too? He’s so different from the others... Why do I get all fuzzy when he touches me? What if these feelings are unshared? What If he thinks about me as only a friend? But why did he say today was a date? Maybe he just forgot to use the word ‘’appointment’’?

A dapple-grey horse put his muzzle on her shoulder. She smiled and stroked the head of the horse.
‘’So, horsy, do you think he likes me?’’ The horse neighed approvingly, but Barbara turned away. I’m so desperate that I have to talk to horses? What can this animal know?
She went quickly out of the stable, turned the lights out and slowly walked back to the manor.

The path hadn’t any light, but she didn’t care. All she was thinking about was if it had any sense to see him now. Suddenly she stumbled over a stone and fell. This time there wasn’t Nick who wouldn’t let her fall. She felt that her right elbow hurt. All she could see in the darkness was that her cardigan was torn and it had some blood stains on.

As she came back in the house she could more clearly examine her injury. She was really angry that she was so clumsy. I can’t show him what happened. I’ll just go and take the first aid kit. I don’t want that he thinks that I’m too helpless.

Barbara came into the kitchen and saw that he was not looking at her so she hoped to take the first aid kit and disappear. But as she had almost taken the kit he turned around and saw that her arm was injured.

‘’Why are you trying to hide something from me?’’
She hid the arm behind her back, blushed because she was caught in the act of lying like a kid and said ‘’There’s really nothing...’’
‘’Than show me this ‘’nothing’’...’’
‘’You don’t have to worry about me... I’ll be alright...’’
She showed him her injured arm. He was so sorry for her.
‘’I should have gone with you to that stable. I feel so guilty now...’’
‘’You’re not guilty...I just tripped over a rock...I just needed to be more careful when walking in the dark.’’
‘’But we have to do something about this...’’

He slowly started to take off her cardigan. As the cardigan was taken off, a low back halter neck top was revealed. Nick was so fascinated by beauty that he couldn’t keep himself from touching her back. She had never expected that she would like so much the way he touches her. Usually she didn’t like it when someone touched her, but this time she wanted to ask for more, but she was too afraid to do so. He felt a little tingle running down her skin, but as he didn’t know by what it was caused, he let his hands of her.

‘’We need to clean the wound’’ he said in a velvety voice. She didn’t object...right now she was ready to do anything he’d said. The moments while they were standing by the sink and he was washing away the soil from her wound felt like a torture for her. No, not because of the pain...The light pain coming from the wound couldn’t overshadow her desire to turn around and kiss him. A little relief was when this procedure had finished, but there was another one to follow...

‘’Now we only have to disinfect the wound and put a plaster on it...then your torture will be over’’ he said with a radiant smile. He was a little sad that then there will be no valid reason to touch her, but at least his balm was that he had the chance now.
As the medical procedures were finished, Barbara felt that the temptation has reduced, but not vanished.

‘’I know you feel a little scared...the shock is still visible in your eyes... I think a glass of wine would be helpful...’’
She nodded assent because how could she say that she was so scared of that the desire to be with him more than friendly.
Chapter nine-Passion in the air by Hilda Warren
Nick placed a glass of wine in front of her. She wasn’t even looking at him. How could she? She was so ashamed...yes, ashamed that she wanted him. She had never felt that before...she had never wanted someone so desperately.
Girl, keep your eyes off him. That is not normal to want someone so much she thought.

He watched her every movement, waiting for any reaction from her. It seemed that she was specially trying to ignore him, because she hadn't looked at him even for a moment.

Nick didn’t know what to do or say now. He didn’t want to mess up everything. If only I could ask what’s wrong. Is it only because of the arm? No, there’s something more...he was puzzled. He saw how her hand shook when she put the glass back on the table and then, suddenly, she turned around and was on her way out of the kitchen.

As she passed by, he took her by the hand and said ’’ Why are you going away now?’’
‘’I just have forgotten something upstairs...I got to go...’’ she said, fighting the idea to keep holding his hand for ever.
He looked at her softly and said ‘’Why are you running away again? I need you here now...’’He stroke lightly her cheek and she just couldn’t bear to look longer in his eyes. She knew if she stays she’ll have no power to resist him.

So she just ran. Run out of the kitchen up to the room where her suitcase was unpacked. She was hurrying so much to pack again her suitcase that she wasn’t listening to the sounds around the room.

The next thing she felt that someone was standing behind her. As she knew there was only Nick in the house with her, she felt a light excitement what he would say or do. She knew that it was a little naughty to think that he had come here only because of her, but...the thought made her feel special.

Nick put his hands on her shoulders. Again, the comfortable warm fuzzy feeling overcame her.

‘’Why are you running away from me? What have I done wrong?’’ he said it in a silent whispering tone. The touch from his hands gave her the feeling that the blood in her veins has started to run two times faster.

‘’No, you didn’t do any thing wrong. It’s my fault...’’she felt that he had started to gently stroke her back, and she was so wondering about herself because she enjoyed to have him near.

‘’What’s your fault? You were so perfect all day...’’ he felt that she started to tremble lightly, he didn’t know from what did that come, but his secret hope was that she could at least a little enjoy what he did.

‘’If only you knew how ashamed I am about what I thought?’’ she said lowering her head. He was so curious - what did she think so naughty...or was it something different?

He turned her around because he wanted to know what made her feel that way. She felt his firm, but not aggressive grip around her and so she just gave up on keeping the distance so she put her head on his shoulder.

‘’What did make you feel so?’’
‘’If you only knew...you would really blame me for that...’’she was so close to tears...She was now so close to what she wanted... no, it wasn’t even no more wanting, she was needing him.

‘’Tell me what you were thinking... then it will be easier for you...I promise I won’t blame you for anything...’’
She sighed, took a deep breath and finally decided to tell him what was torturing her all day...

‘’I was thinking about you...’’
‘’And what did you think about me?’’ He felt scared. God, please don’t let her say that it was a mistake to even meet me...’’

‘’You’ll really think that I’m kinky...but I can’t help to get of that thought that...that I want you...
He was trying hard to understand if that what he heard was real or just his imagination, which had made jokes with him. Could that be that she said she wants me?

He started to breath more heavily and she felt how all his muscles tensed up. Finally he said in a horse voice ‘’could you repeat what you said?’’

‘’It’s crazy, but I want you! I don’t know what you think...Now I seem pushy...’’
‘’It’s so funny that we were thinking the same...If only you knew how much I want you...’’
‘’Show me so I’ll see...’’

He didn’t hesitate for long, his lips met hers and the kiss wasn’t as shy and innocent as the day before. It was full of wild passion; their bodies were so close that every move of the other one was perceptible. Their hands were exploring the other’s body, so eager to touch an every inch of it. Nick stopped for a while and asked ‘’should I go on or stop?’’

She didn’t want him to stop. It felt so good, and she wanted to go on, so for the answer, she started to pull up his shirt. This was the answer he desired so he started to take off her top as well. Then he opened the hooks on her bra and threw it away, so he finally got the chance to touch her bare breasts...he started to caress them gently and she got so feverish that she forgot all morality and got more daring.

She slowly glided her hands down against his side and when she finally got to that point what was her intended destination she started to pet his most intimate body parts. First she didn’t know how he would react about his move, but she saw excitement in his eyes about it and his kisses got more intense.

To encourage her to do more with him he swiftly took off his pants. She was impressed by the size of his erected member. She felt that her every touch made him even more excited, so she wanted to tease him. She shamelessly stroke his cock and played with his balls.

It was so hard to breath for him at this moment. He thought that he was lost in a fantasy of his mind, that everything that happens now is just pure imagination...But as he felt her demanding touch and saw the flames of desire in her eyes, he knew that it was for real this time. He striped off her jeans, leaving her only in tiny laced panties.

She stood still for a moment waiting for his next actions. Slowly and teasing he put his hand underneath her last covering cloth and confidently moved his hands between her legs, making her become more and more wet. She was gasping in excitement and he knew that he couldn’t hold himself for longer so he whispered to her

‘’Do you want me to get into you now and here?’’ ‘’Oh yes, do it. I want you now...’’ He pushed her against the doors of the oak wood wardrobe, and got into her. His movements inside were slow and pleasing, his kisses passionate and stunning. Her hands were moving over his back, pulling him closer to her. As he came, his warm semen flooded her. After it they were still standing together, breathing heavily and trying to stop their hearts to beat so madly.

‘’Do you want to come with me to bed? I’ll keep you warm, because you just can’t get cold after this...’’ Nick asked her, still gently kissing her. She nodded agreeing and they got into the warm bed. There she felt so tired that she immediately fell asleep in his arms.

Nick didn’t want to get asleep yet, he just watched her while she was sleeping, so tenderly leaning at him.

Wow, it’s so hard to believe that all what happened today is real. My wish came true. She is so amazing. And I never had such amazing sex as today... Does she really want me or was this just an outburst of sudden desire? I could get really used to it...he thought and feel asleep too, cuddling to her.

Barbara was the first to wake up in the morning. She was amazed that they were sleeping in the same position as when they fell asleep yesterday. She looked at him and had the impression that he’s looking just like a puppy. Girl, be serious! You can’t know what breed of dog he is. It could be dangerous to have him! Some warning thoughts came up in her mind.

So she turned her eyes away from him to avoid impulsive moves towards him. But after a while she felt that she couldn’t stay in the room, either. Every look around it reminded her about what happened last night. Their clothes were still scattered around the floor.

She felt that she had immediately to leave the room. She tried to get out of the bed, but his arms were slung around her so tight that it was difficult for her to leave the bed unnoticed. She heard him muttering while she was trying to leave so to not wake him up, she put a pillow in his arms. She knew that it wasn’t really sweet from her, but what else could she do?

She sneaked up to the wardrobe, sighed when she remembered what they were doing there recently and picked some clothes.

Downstairs, in the kitchen she could finally calm down and feel a lot freer. Free from his charm.

She made a few sandwiches and started to boil some water to make coffee. For her surprise, she had put two cups on the table. She wondered why she’d thought about him even now when she tried to forget.

As Nick woke up, the first thing he noticed was that he was holding a pillow, not Barbara. He was afraid that she might have left without saying a word and felt really guilty.
What if I did something wrong? If I scared her? No...Please let it be so that she’s somewhere around here.

He gathered some of his clothes and got dressed in a few moments. This wasn’t actually the scenario of the morning he had imagined. He had wished that they would still lie in bed, enjoying them selves. He had thought that he had come close enough to her, but now this... Although it was a little thrilling for him to have to find her...

He decided to look in the kitchen for her, but was sure that it wasn’t a quite good try. When he saw her sitting there his heart shattered in excitement. This means she didn’t leave. At least for now... I have a chance.

She heard that he had entered the room. She tried no to look at him, but couldn’t keep herself from looking at him for at least once. Damn, there should be a license for looking so cute. Don’t, don’t look at him anymore!

He sat down at the table directly facing her. He noticed that she was intentionally not looking at him again. As she stood up he thought that she’s going to leave again, but she just placed a cup of coffee and a plate of sandwiches in from of him. She did it without saying a word and later sat down at her original place.

He took the coffee and decided to ask her everything directly, no matter what the result was.
Chapter ten-Princess' painful memoirs by Hilda Warren
Nick decided that he could wait for a while and see if she could start the conversation. But she didn’t say a word; she was just apathetically stirring her coffee. He couldn’t stand the silence so he asked ‘’what are you thinking now?’’

‘’I think we should share the costs for this stay...’’ she said without even looking at him.
‘’Why are you saying this? Have I done something so wrong? I want to know...’’ he looked at her but couldn’t find a hint of grin in her face she was just staring at the table and acting as nothing happened.

‘’No, everything’s ok, I just don’t want you to have such huge expenses for a one night stand...’’
He was perplexed. ‘’How could you come to that? ’’
‘’Well, no one like you would want something more from me. I understand that...’’
‘’Have I said something like it? I don’t see you as a one night stand. If I’ve done something wrong then tell me!’’
‘’It’s obvious to me. Look at me. I’m not like your usual girls...they’re pretty but I’m not...I even don’t know what came over me last night...I should’ve known...’’

He thought that it is a kind of a joke and she will soon start to laugh how gullible to believe that what she says he is. But no reaction came from her, so he decided to continue this unusual conversation to see what will come next.

‘’Right, you’re not looking like my usual girls...you’re unique...and so beautiful’’
‘’Had your fun? Back home you’ll have the fun to brag your pals about how fast you got into bed the ugly and unwary millionaire chick...Oh, why was I so stupid?’’ she stood up, with tears filling her yes and run out of the kitchen.

For a few moments, he sat there not knowing what really happened. Shit, what did I say wrong? How could I hurt her? I didn’t say anything rude. Or did I do it?

Barbara was running up the stairs. No, this can’t be true that he sees more in me than a one night stand...He just wants to make fun of me...to have a great vacation story to tell his pals back home. How could I pretend that he could like me? Me, the totally ugly girl? How could I think that for once in my life I could have someone who really likes me?

She came to the end of the big stairway and saw a smaller spiral stairway leading somewhere upstairs. At the end of these stirs was only one door, she pushed the doorknob and realized that she had come to the attic.

The room was packed full with different things, there was a lot of ancient furniture, which was somehow damaged and a big old mirror, whose glass was broken partly and these rest where held together by a silvered frame. This setting reminded her of her childhood.

Her parents’ house had an attic, too. It was the place to hide for her. From her father, who was always chasing her and used to beat her hardly when he was drunk. But the picture wasn’t better when he was sober. He didn’t hit her physically, but morally.

The scenes from her childhood came up, and especially one didn’t let her mind go now. Her father was talking with one of his colleagues ‘’I don’t know why did God punish me with having such an ugly daughter. She’s the shame of our family.’’ ‘’John, don’t blame yourself! Maybe she’s a bitch? How can you know where exactly Cory got her?’’

Her father didn’t miss a moment to call her ‘’ugly bitch’’ every time he saw her. Her mother, Cory, wasn’t doing anything to protect her daughter. She was more interested to keep the husband and didn’t care how her daughter felt. The worst times for Barbara were when her drunken father found her and started to beat her, shouting ‘’you ugly bitch, you will get more beauty now.’’

So she believed that she was so ugly that no one would really like her. If even my mother didn’t like me, so how can it be that someone like Nick would think more of me than of a laughing stock? But why did I forget yesterday who I was? How could I make believe myself that he could be with me no matter what?

She broke down powerless on the dusty floor, overtaken by the sudden memories of her life.

Nick was really worried about her. Where did she go? Why did she leave? Her handbag and cell phone were left in the living room so she couldn’t have gone too far.

He looked first in the stable, but had no luck. He searched for her in all rooms in the house, but she was nowhere. He felt so guilty and desperate to find her. Finally he saw the spiral staircase which he hadn’t noticed before. As he had nothing to lose, he went up the stairs and opened the halfway open door. He made a few steps in the dusty room and finally saw her, hopelessly sitting on the floor in front of the mirror.

He came closer and hugged her; she was still statically staring into the dirty mirror, not really noticing what’s going on around her. ‘’Please, please, would you forgive me and come back downstairs with me?’’ his soft whisper made her thoughts come back to earth and reality. ‘’It’s not your fault. Who would want to be with such an ugly girl as me?’’
‘’You’re not ugly! I didn’t want to make you feel so...come with me downstairs. This dusty and cold attic is not really the best place for you to be...’’
She looked into his eyes and they seemed so sincere and loving, not so hatred filling like she had always seen her father. What if I let myself believe him? Only for a little while... What if nothing bad happens?

She stood up and let him take her hand. His touch was so warming that for a moment she thought that maybe her doubts are wrong.

He let her sit down at the table and soon placed a cup of hot tea in front of her. He sat down directly facing her.
‘’And now-tell me why such ridiculous thoughts of being ugly come to your mind?’’
She hesitated for a while, then said ‘’that’s a long story, you won’t be interested in hearing it...’’
‘’No, I want to hear it...I really care how you feel and why...’’
‘’But I’ve never told that to anyone...even not to my psychoanalyst...’’
‘’The difference between me and this psycho-jerk is that I care how you feel, but he just counts the cash he gets per hour...’’
‘’You’re right...I’m losing nothing if I tell you that...everything’s burried in the past. My father thought that I’m an extramarital child so he hated me. He always used to call me ‘’ugly bitch’’ when he was sober...but when he got drunk it got worse for me...he tried to find me and hit me, so I tried to hide. Mostly I tried to hide in the attic... But when he found me... he shouted ‘’ ’you ugly bitch, you will get more beauty now.’’ She stopped for a while to take a sip of tea.

He was amazed how cruel her life had been... ‘’But couldn’t your mother do anything about it? Write a report for the police about it...’’
‘’No, she never really cared. She said that I’m bad and deserve to be hit...’’
''When you grew up you could prove yourself that it’s not true what your parents said...’’

She looked at him with watery eyes and said ‘’If everybody has told you your whole life you were like that, how could you suddenly believe you’re not? I tried to do a surgery, but judging from the results of check-ups I had a bad wound healing ratio...it meant that I could get scars from the operations... So the doctors didn’t want to do them...’’
‘’And why were you afraid I could make fun about you?’’
‘’It’s just that in the past, when I wasn’t so financially almighty...boys tended to use me as laughing stock, and now-as a never ending checking account...life’s not a fairy tale...’’
‘’But I’m sure that there were moments for you when you felt like in a fairy tale...’’
‘’The financial fairy tale started as I knew that I can afford anything, that I have no limits...but the emotional fairy tale...I thought I’d never have one, not even for a moment...but it started when...’’ she smiled and looked at him, thinking that she can dare to say that. ‘’The day I met you... you made everything so easy...’’

He came closer to her and whispered ‘’you see, life can bring you something good...so unexpected...’’
‘’But I don’t make it easy for you...’’
‘’The good things don’t come for granted...but my every effort is not enough to do everything for you...’’
‘’But you know me only since two days...’’
‘’I saw your picture in the magazine two weeks ago...You’re right, I met you in person only two days ago. For me it’s not the time that counts...it’s the feeling.’’
’’And how do you feel?’’
‘’Like never before... You know the picture from the magazine left such a strong impression that I couldn’t stop thinking about you. So when my tour ended I just got to London to make myself believe that there can’t be a possibility to meet you. But then...I met you. Now I start to believe in fairy tales. Do you believe?''
‘’I believed when I was a little girl... Every time I was hiding in the attic I wished that a handsome prince will come and rescue me. From his kiss I would become incredibly beautiful and we would ride to his far away castle on his white horse... Nice dream...but life is cruel...there are no dreams...all are tough reality...’’

‘’Maybe you’re right...I don’t belong to the titled classes... I don’t have a white horse. I don’t know if the black Royce could fill in for the horse... Maybe I’m not matching up with your standards for the prince’s handsomeness, but there are some things I know for sure...’’

Barbara was really amused by his funny speech so she started to smile. He saw that she had forgot her sad thoughts so continued ‘’I’m sure that you’re the princess I had to find. Every time I kiss you become more beautiful to me. This means that I’m in danger of being blinded by your beauty one day. Well and there’s one extra thing-I’m not so sure that I do own a castle...’’ he stopped to talk and looked at her with an I-need-you gaze.

It felt so real for Barbara. God, he looks so sweet. No one has ever cared so much for me. Why is he so nice with me? Is he real now? How could I prove it? She thought.

‘’First, you can be certain that you are above the ideal mark for the prince’s handsomeness. Second, I want to know why you want to match all my requirements?’’
‘’ Well, if I’m not like you want to have your ideal savior, I’ll have no chance... so I promise that I’ll try.’’
‘’You are going to do anything for me? To get me? And you don’t mind my faults?
‘’Your only fault is that you’re so unsure about yourself. I see no reason why you should under evaluate yourself. You have so much to be proud of yourself!’’

‘’Really? What reasons do you have?’’
‘’Even if I don’t understand much about business, I’m impressed of what you’ve achieved. But not only that. Your temper is so good, you’re not afraid to show your personality...And I might sound really selfish, but... I really enjoyed last night...you have almost magical power over me...’’
‘’You’re not selfish. I’m glad that you enjoyed it. I was even a little afraid that you’d think that I’m too extreme...’’
‘’Now you see that I want you as you are? Let me give you your deserved piece of your private fairy tale...’’
‘’For real?’’
‘’Yes, but if I have to sit like that forever I could turn into a toad, you know.’’

She came over to him and hugged him. Nick felt like a heavy stone had fallen down from his shoulders. The most wonderful girl he’d ever wanted trusts him. Shyly he bent forward to her and kissed her, thinking by himself I will never ever let you down. I’ll be there for you no matter what.

She felt so free and easy again. She tried to inhale this miraculous feeling of being needed with every breath she took. The warmth of his body made her believe that a better life lies ahead.

He is not like my father. He won’t hit me. I feel so safe with him. But can I trust him completely?
Chapter eleven-You are not weak..you just need me by Hilda Warren
There were standing there, not realizing how much time did pass by. As they let go each other, a moment of irksome silence started. They had so much to say to each other yet they were afraid...afraid to make a mistake.

Barbara felt so miserable. Why did I show him my weakness? Maybe now he’s secretly laughing about me? But on the outside she maintained a calm facial expression.

‘’What are you thinking about me now?’’
‘’I have the feeling that it is hard for you to trust someone. And you have such a low self confidence regarding your looks. I think I can help you with it...’’
‘’And how are you planning to do this?’’
‘’I’ll keep on telling you that you’re my princess...’’
‘But I’m not even near the ideal look...’’
‘’But you have everything I’ve ever wanted in a girl...just...do believe me.’’

Barbara’s heart was filled with a sweet fuzzy feeling. Once again, she had the irresistible feeling needing be closer to him, so she came to him and hugged him. He pulled her nearer and tried to comfort her. The emotions whirled around in her and she felt that tears were bursting from her eyes again. This time it was not caused from fear of dismissal, no, from the relieving feeling to be understood.

‘’That’s right, girl. Just let your emotions flow.’’
She lifted her head and looked into his beautiful blue eyes.
‘’I hate being so weak in front of you...I’m so sorry...’’
‘’You’re not weak. You’re being human, with all emotions. You should not be sorry for that.’’

‘’But I’m bothering you with my person. Maybe you’ve got a lot more interesting things to do...’’
‘’No, you’re not bothering me. Being here with you makes me feel so real. You’re more than that picture...’’
‘’I’m sure you’d made an impression about me from it. And I’m not the way you thought I’d be.’’
‘’You’re better than any picture. I won’t believe what the magazines would say...’’

‘’What wouldn’t you believe?’’’
‘’If they would write about you things you’re not like. Now I know you in person. And your person is so wonderful that I’d never thought someone could be.’’
‘’Then I just have one question left...’’
‘’What question?’’ he asked, almost whispering.
‘’How can someone like you be real? I’m lost in a dream...’’
‘’Touch me and you’ll see that I’m more than real...’’

‘’Where do you want me to touch? ’’
‘’Oh, my princess got dirty...’’
‘’What did I say to make you think that?’’
‘’No, you didn’t say anything. Just some dust from the attic has accumulated on you. We have to do something about it...’’

‘’Maybe I want to be the little, dusty Cinderella?’’
‘’Sure, you can want that. But would you want instead to take a shower...with me?’’ He tried to look innocent, but he had a little naughty look in his face.

The desire to have him more near than this awake in Barbara. She remembered the last night and now was unashamed of her feelings.

‘’Well...what should I do? What consequences an assent for this offer bring me?’’ she said and already knew the answer.
‘’Nothing you wouldn’t want. But it could be a real pleasure...’’
‘’For you?’’
‘’For us...I can’t stop thinking about last night...and the idea about you and me in the shower...’’
‘’Makes you excited?’’
‘’More than that... ‘’

The atmosphere was full of tension again. The sparks of desire had started flames inside of them. Sadness was forgot, the only priority was the fact that they wanted each other.

For a moment Barbara doubted if it was right what she was going to do. Remember, your mother said that virtue is the beauty of a girl. She’ll condemn me! But I want him! Now she has no right to judge me, anyways. She’s living from my money. For once in my life I’m going to do something I want. I want him. Right now.

She pulled him nearer and kissed him passionately for a short while, just to tease him.
‘’Let’s take the shower...’’
Nick was spellbound. It was hard for him to believe that everything that’s happening now is for real. He let her undress him and just enjoyed the way her hands glided on his body. As she let him undress herself she felt that she had let all her morals go. She knew that she had no obligations regarding him so she just let herself go in the passion.

The bathroom was full with vapor from the hot water stream. It was so dense that they could hardly see what was around. But there was no need to see. All their feelings were concentrated on each other. They were kissing avidly and exploring the opposite’s body. The warm water allowed their hands to glide smoothly over the skin, giving them a new sensation from the touches. As Nick leaned more closely to her she felt that he was already erected.

‘’Do you want to do it here?’’ she asked, gently stroking his back.
‘’I’ll do anything you want. Just tell me.’’
‘’Here’s not much room for us to do what I want...’’
‘’Where and how do you want me to do it?’’
‘’I want you to have me from the back...but we have to get out of this bathroom first...’’
‘’Whatever you say, babe’’

She got down on the carpet on all fours. Trembling in the expectation of the upcoming fulfillment of his desire, he kneed down behind her, slowly moving up to her. She felt that he was slowly entering her, he moved slowly and carefully, trying to endure her pleasure. Her every cell was drowned in delight. His slow movement inside her brought her so much pleasure she had never expected to have. She knew that in some way it was so wrong what was she doing now, but...

But it felt so good. Even better than last night. She had always thought of sex like a nasty errand, not like so much pleasure. God, am I becoming a whore?

As he finally got completely into her, she gave a loud sigh of pleasure. Nick was surprised how tight she was, the contractions of her getting faster and more intense.
‘’Oh, Nicky...’’
‘’What is it, baby?’’
‘’Can you imagine how much pleasure do you give me?’’
‘’I hope you really enjoy what I’m doing to you...’’he said it in a hoarse voice.
‘’I can’t even put it in words. How can you be so amazing?’’
‘’It’s all because of you. I can be only as good as you are.’’

She moaned in pleasure, his movements in her had become more intense; she felt that his swollen member was going to ejaculate soon. He gave a loud sigh, and then he came and she was filled with his fertile fluid.


Afterwards they were lying in bed, kissing and cuddling. It was warm and comfortable, so Barbara felt freer. After a while she felt that his touches got more intense and passionate. Suddenly she felt ashamed of what she’d done with him. God, what I’m doing? I’m whoring myself on to him! That’s just not right...no...I have to stop it!

His touches got even more passionate and unashamed, so she had to stop him.
‘’Nick...’’she whispered to catch his attention.
‘’Yes, baby. Any wishes what I could do with you now?’’
‘’I think we have to get out of bed now... I got a CEO board meeting tomorrow so...’’

His jaw dropped and she saw disappointment in his eyes, but she couldn’t help.
‘’How could I forget that you got to work...’’ he said, forcing an unnatural smile. Actually, he was really confused. She hadn’t told him before that she had to work tomorrow, so he suspected that there were some different reasons. Why is she suddenly trying to get away from me? Maybe I got too close in a way she didn’t want me to? I think she doesn’t want to say something. I...I feel so excluded.

But on the surface he tried to look calm and not offended. But inside he wanted to embrace her and question her till she says everything. But he said nothing, just watched how she rushed out of bed and gathered a bathrobe.

She knew that she had found a lame excuse for herself. She actually rarely attended the CEO board meetings; she usually read the reports from it. Don’t look at him now, don’t do this! She picked some clothing pieces and vanished into the bathroom.

Figuring what to do, he got up and dressed. He thought that he had gained her trust, but it wasn’t like it. She came back from the bathroom fully dressed and started to pack her suitcase in a hurry.

Still she was not looking at him. He hated this prolonged silence, so stepped near her.
‘’I know that I don’t own you, I don’t have the right to determine your schedule, so I’m thankful that you had the time to spend with me here...’’
‘’Nick...I just...’’
He gently stroked her cheek and smiled ‘’ you don’t have to apologize; you just have to do what’s scheduled... When do you want us to leave? ’’
‘’As soon as possible...a 3 hour ride lies ahead of us, right?’’
‘’Yeah, I’ll call the driver and pack my things...’’
‘’I have to go downstairs and check if I’ve left something there...’’ she said without turning her eyes to him, fastly heading to the door.

Nick couldn’t stop her, there was no reason. He felt that the situation got out of hand again. Girl, you’ve forgot something right here. Me...I need you right now.

As they got into the car there was still no word from her. Nick hoped that at some moment he could still reach out to her and get to know why she’s got so different in a short period of time. He sat closer to her, feeling the warmth of her body. Again the forceful desire in him rose to at least touch her, but she was so distant.

Barbara felt that she will not be able to stand that long ride besides him and played with the thought to call her driving service... She started to feel weary and yawned silently.
‘’Come here, rest your head on my shoulder, it’ll be more comfortable for you to sleep this way...’’
‘’I can use the headrest... I don’t want to bother you...’’
‘’Come on, it was me who didn’t let you sleep at night. Don’t be afraid, I don’t bite, remember?’’ he joked.
She leaned her head on his shoulder. The smell of his light after shave and the feeling to be near him at least in this way made her want to get into the dream world as soon as possible.

After a while he noticed that she was sleeping calmly. He liked that her face looked so careless while sleeping. He had seen this expression on her face so rarely when she was awake, but he wished he could make her so free always.

She was sleeping in an obviously uncomfortable hunched position so he decided to gently move her the way she could be sleeping at least halfway lying, resting her head on his lap.

After the reposition he looked at her and thought that she looked so angelic that his only wish was to protect her. But protect from what? If I only knew what you’re hiding again!

Suddenly she moved nervously and started to mutter something. He listened carefully so he could partly understand what she’s saying.
‘’Shame on me...shame... I shouldn’t have whored myself on to Nick...he’s so wonderful, but I...I’m not the one he needs... I don’t deserve... I will never ever forget these times with him... these will be my best memories...I...I need you, Nick...’’

The silent moan faded away and she continued to sleep calmly.

Now he knew why she had acted this way. Why are you not saying me this? Why did you hide it from me? Girl, I do need you. Even more than I could think... If only you believed me. Believe...
Chapter twleve-What if...pills give the relief? by Hilda Warren
Barbara was slowly waking up. She felt so good that for a while she didn’t want to open her eyes. As she slowly opened her eyes she saw that Nick was looking down to her and that she had been lying in his lap.

‘’Whoa! How did I get here?’’
‘’You fell asleep on my shoulder, but I thought it would be more comfortable for you like this...’’
‘’Nick, I...’’ she tried to say something, but was stopped by the gentle touch of his hand on her cheek. I must forbid myself to want to him touch me more. I am not allowed to think I could have him. He doesn’t want me!
Yet her body was filled with a flow of warmth, starting from the place he had touched her.

‘’Stay like that for a while. I like it when you’re so sleepy. I wish I could’ve seen you this morning waking up beside me...maybe another morning if I have the chance...’’

As she started to get up she was stopped by him. He pulled her near and kissed her. No, it wasn’t a demanding kiss. It was a gentle one, more seeking approval and affection. In a sudden inflammation of passion she curled her arms around his neck, taking the chance to have him near even for this moment. Her heart was racing from the feeling of touching his lips.

He enjoyed every second of this kiss. The idea to do this came all of sudden, he just couldn’t stop himself from kissing her.
As they ended the kiss, they both were breathless.

Barbara swiftly turned around and acted like she’s concentrating to see something outside. However, he saw that when she turned around she blushed and lowered her eyes.

It was now completely obvious that she was ashamed. Ashamed of her feelings and what she really felt for him. Nick wanted to tell her that she hasn’t to feel so, that he has feelings for her which he never had for any other girl, that it doesn’t count how much time they’ve spent together for real, because only if there’s this indescribable connection between is what matters.

But he knew that if he wants to build up something special with her, he has to be very careful. If she suspects that something’s going on the way she wants she‘ll back off and maybe never return to him.

‘’Nick...’’
‘’Yes, what do you want to ask me?’’ his wildest idea was that she’d ask him to stay with her for this night, but he knew that it was just wishful thinking.
‘’When will we finally arrive?’’
‘’Umm...I think in twenty minutes or so. I know it’s already late, but...’’
‘’We had a really nice day out of town.’’
‘’Thank you that you came with me...’’
‘’I have to thank you that you took me out of the routine for one day... I think we’re starting to sound silly thanking each other, right?’’
They realized how funny they were and started to laugh. This eased the atmosphere so she didn’t feel her inner pressure so much.


They were standing at Barbara’s front door, trying to find the right words for the parting. She was sad that she had to leave him now, but she knew that she couldn’t do anything about it. I’m not his type; he’s just nice to me. I wish he wanted me as much as I do want him.

‘’So, thank you for the nice trip. Now I have to say goodbye, Nick...’’ she said, fighting with herself. Her mind said that it’s right leaving him now, but her heart desperately fought with her mind about the right to let her fulfill what she wanted.

‘’As I said, you don’t have to thank me...When will I see you again?’’ he asked looking at her and hoping she will not tell it is over now.

She thought that she would never see him again, because she doesn’t deserve him, but she knew to say something like this would be really hurting...for herself.
‘’ I don’t know my schedule yet...’’
‘’Then I’ll cal you, ok?’’
‘’Sure, you can...’’
He placed back a strand of her blonde hair which had fallen on to her face, then lightly stroked her cheek.
‘’Do promise me that you will not forget about me...’’
‘’I...I...’’ she hesitated ‘’I promise’’.
‘’We must seal this promise...’’ he swiftly kissed her lips. She was so surprised by this unexpected gesture that she blushed.
‘’Good night, Nick. ’’
‘’Good night, my princess...’’

She walked into the huge hall and left her suitcase there. How would he have thought about her if she had asked him to stay? He would have thought only one –I’m a whore trying to get him.

The first thing she done was to turn on the voice mail in her cell phone. She knew that he wouldn’t call her, but still...in case he did, she will not have to pick it up.

Nick was walking around his huge hotel room and couldn’t rest. He hoped that what she said about her schedule was true and not a reason for turning him down. Girl, why are you doing this to me? No, to us?
He took out his phone, figuring if he should call her or not. Struggling with this question he finally decided to call her.


She sunk into the warm water of the bath, inhaling the wonderful and relaxing scent of peach essential oil. She closed her yes and felt free. Free to dream.
Scenes how everything could’ve been if Nick would really like her started to whirl in her mind. What if he likes me? Silly me, how could he? Everything what happened between us was just because I whored myself on to him!!! But many scenes from her imagination were still whirling around in her mind, showing how everything would be, if things were different. If she was different... If I was beautiful...

She got out of the bath only when the water got freezing cold. She knew that she was lost too long in the dream world; it’s time to get out of it.

She pulled on her emerald green silk night gown, which was so long that the hem was sweeping the floor. She stood by the mirror, looking at her reflection. Girl, the only thing which you have in common with a princess is this royal gown which shows that you’re as rich as a princess. But beauty, not that...I’m looking like a frog, and that’s a kind comparison! He could never ever want me...

As she was on her way to the bed she saw that her cell phone was blinking, so she pushed a button to listen to the message, not checking from whom it was.
‘’Hi, darling. Looks like you’re already asleep. But me... I just can’t sleep. I feel so lonely. I know you’d say that I’m silly, but it’s so tragic for me that you’re not here. I feel like a piece of me was gone... I know you can’t be here...your meeting tomorrow. I miss you...really...what would I give to only have you here! Just to touch you... The only balm I have are the memories about yesterday...I want you and I really need you...you’re the princess I’ve been looking for all my life...and that’s true. Listen, if you need me, just call. Anytime. Even in the middle of the night. Please...don’t forget about me...Sweet dreams.’’

She froze after she heard the message for the first time. He had called her. Something so desperately desired by her but... she thought that she had no right to call him. Nevertheless, she played the message over and over again. The desire to call him and say him all she thought...that she needed him right now...that she wants him.

Some memories from her life popped up in her head. Her mother had taught Barbara that virtue is her only beauty, because she is far from beautiful. Mother’s voice sounded still so clearly in her head there is no shame about being a spinster. This just shows how you kept your virtue. A relation with a man without marriage is whoring. And even while married, sex is only a duty, it is no fun. Having fun in it means whoring. Do you want to be a whore?

‘’No, mother...’’ she said and busted out in tears.
She put away the phone, far enough to have it away from reach.
Her hands were shaking and tears were flowing from her eyes endlessly. No matter the morals she still knew...knew that she wanted Nick.
I have to do something about it! I can’t give in...She thought and run down the stairs to the kitchen.

She opened the cupboard, and took a bottle of Hennessey V. S.O.P. and poured a lot of it into a glass. She put the glass to her lips and took a huge sip from it. She shrugged in disgust, because she usually didn’t drink anything, but now she felt like she had to... to make herself forget.

She had never liked the taste of cognac and other alcohol, but this time it was so right.

Back in her bedroom she placed the glass on the nightstand, her hands still shaking, but the expected result didn’t come. She was still thinking about Nick.

As a side effect of the cognac was that her thoughts got even more picturesque and her body was fully experiencing what she thought. She wanted so desperately feel his warmth.... But she knew that she couldn’t...
There was only one escape.

She opened a drawer in her nightstand, searched in it for while and finally found what she’d looked for - a few packs of prescription pills. She picked out a few different sedatives.

No, she wasn’t going to kill herself. She knew what she was doing. She wanted to kill the thoughts about Nick.
She swallowed a few of these pills and drank the last sips of the cognac.

Slowly, the alcohol and medication made her body numb. She reached out for the big hot pink plush bunny, which was always lying on her bed, and embraced it really tightly.

Still holding the bunny she crawled under the blanket and fell asleep at once.
Her body had received the artificial peace, but not her mind.

Even now thoughts about Nick were haunting her mind. But she was free in this dream world. Here she could be with him. No boundaries, no morals. Just them.
‘’Nick, I love you...’’ she murmured in her sleep.
Chapter thirteen-I'll be fine, I'll be fine by Hilda Warren
Nick could not easily fall asleep that night. The bed seemed so empty and cold. He kept on looking at the cell phone, hoping that she would call. Time passed by, but still no sign from her. Sure, she’s sleeping calmly, but I’m expecting her to call me. If only she was here...it would be so different! But I can’t ask her to be with me whenever I want. I wish, yeah, I wish she’d want to be with me all the time. She made me feel so...so loved?

He remembered that he had the pictures from the day they first met and felt a little happier while looking at these. God, Barbara, we could be together right now, too...and not only now...maybe for ever?

Finally sleepiness overcame him at 3am. He buried himself into the cushions and blankets and fell asleep. The only reason why he could get himself to sleep was that he imagined that she’s there with him, just within a reach...

If you be here,
Here with me tonight,
I’ll be fine, I’ll be fine...
Take flight on the wind
Of wishing you were here



Barbara woke up having a light headache. It was already 12 am. God, for how long did I sleep? I should never do something like that again! But I have to forget, forget him.

She took once again some pain relieving medication and soon felt better. Sure, her face had traces from the stressful night, but with the help of some luxury make up she looked totally fresh and relaxed.

The office of FASHION VICTIM Inc. did represent all the might and splendor of the company. The center of the entrance hall was decorated with her portrait so that everyone who entered the office had to look at it. Sure, Barbara hated her picture, but she was pleased by the fact that everyone had to look at it. That was kind of a relief for her, because if she had to look at herself everyday then others have to suffer of that, too.

Barbara entered the lobby of her office and saw that her secretary and personal assistant, Claudia, was visibly enjoying another box of chocolates. Usually Barbara had nothing against Claudia’s passion for sweets, but today she felt so bad and unhappy that she didn’t want to let anybody else have fun today.

‘’Claudia, what are you doing?’’
Claudia was shocked from the sudden question so almost choked a chocolate.
‘’Miss Rowland, I hadn’t expected that you will be in the office today...’’
‘’You don’t have any reason to judge what I do. Since when is my office moved to the cafeteria?’’
‘’Miss...I...I’m sorry...’’
Barbara saw that the employee was scared. She knew that she had to calm down. My personal life doesn’t have anything to do with my work. Calm down girl!
Claudia was really scared. Could this mean that her position is endangered?
‘’Why don’t you stop eating and prepare the documentation for the CEO meeting?’’ Barbara said and smiled a little forced.
The secretary put down the chocolate box and literally run to do the errand.

Barbara sat through the meetings, automatically signing and speaking what required. All of her thoughts were drifting somewhere far away, but it didn’t matter. She was doing her work and that did only matter right now.


Nick had a plan for today. He had to get to know every thing about her, to have better chances to be with her. He turned on his laptop and established himself comfortably on the couch.

The result of googling for ‘’Barbara Rowland’’ made millions of hits. The amount of her pictures and fan sites was amazing. God, she has so much fans, but thinks so low about herself! If only I could make her believe in herself!

He read through a lot of tabloid articles about her, digging even deeper into her past. Although he hated the tabloids, this time he was happy that he could find out everything more or less true about her this way.

Then he stumbled over a series of articles about Barbara and some cheesy looking guy. The romance had begun at the time she was first ranked as one of the richest young businesswoman. He, Devon Weaseldear, was an absolute no one, all he had was just being good looking. Even Nick had to admit that Devon was a lot better looking than him.

Reading further on the countless articles about Barbara and Devon he saw that Devon was always staring at the paparazzo’s camera while Barbara was only looking at him. The thing that most hurt Nick was an article about Devon after he had broke up with Barbara.

Reporter: Mr. Weaseldear, who was the initiator of the break up?
W(Weaseldear).: I wanted to break up. I don’t need her anymore.
R.: How come that?
W.: My film career is boosted now; I’m having a few offerings for lead roles in LA...
R: is that the only reason? What about the feelings for her?
W: (laughing) what feelings? She got what she wanted - me, but I got publicity. That was my only goal...
R: In the past you had told the press that you love her... Now you openly admit that you used her for your career purposes?
W: Yeah, I got what I need...
R: And you think that she was clear about your motives at the beginning of your relationship?
W: No, this silly bitch was really in love with me...and I’m not sorry for her...

Our reporters tried to get a statement about this from the press office of Miss Rowland, but we were told that there will be no commentary on Mr. Weaseldear’s inexcusable press statements....


Nick was furious after reading this article. He had experienced a lot of bashing from his ex-girlfriends in the press, but it was the first time he had read something so clearly nasty. Now he could clearly see why Barbara was so insecure while with him. Knowing now a lot from her past he couldn’t blame her.


Barbara was sitting in her office, enjoying a cup of coffee. Suddenly her cell phone rang and she dropped the cup on the carpet as she saw who is calling. It was Nick. For a moment she hesitated but then... What am I going to lose if I pick up? He can only say something that I don’t want to hear, that’s all.

‘’Hi, darling, how’s your day going?’’ he asked, and the sound of his voice made her feel so warm inside.
‘’Well, the meetings were long but insightful... signed a couple of contracts...the usual...what were you doing? Sightseeing?
‘’No, I was surfing around the net... And it’s no fun to walk around town without you...’’ he said sadly. She couldn’t stop the wish to be with him right now. She gathered herself and continued to speak.
‘’But you’ve got a car...’’
‘’I would change the car against the chance to walk around with you. No matter how far...’’ he said tenderly. ‘’What are you doing this evening?’’ she could hear a hope in his voice. I just can’t see him right now...I can’t...He has to forget me...
‘’Aw, I’m really sorry but I have an appointment this evening. It was accepted by me a month ago...’’
‘’Can you cancel it?’’
‘’No, I can’t....I’m so sorry...’’ she was lying to him. She could cancel this appointment any time; she just wanted to...to make him forget her.

‘’I respect the fact that you have to work...’’’
‘’Really? I thought you could be upset about that...’’
‘’No, I’m not upset... Sure I’m sad that I don’t get to see you, but...you have to promise me that you will at least think about me?’’
‘’Oh, Nick... I’’ she didn’t know how to say it I’ve been thinking only about you. Why can’t you forget me?
‘’I know that I’m so demanding, I keep you away from work...but it’s only because I want to be with you so madly. Last night I felt so lonely...I know we have spent only one night together but...I just can’t sleep when you’re not there with me...’’ he tried to hear what she’d say, but there was no response.
Barbara didn’t know what to say. He missed me! He really did! Can this be true?
‘’Baby, you still here?’’ he asked scared that she could hang up.
‘’I am...’’ she said, but the words couldn’t come out to say more.
‘’and something more I have to say... I’m not someone who can so easily fall like...in love. I don’t know what charm you put on me, but I just can’t imagine what I’d do if you don’t want me anymore. ‘'
Love? Why the hell is he talking about love? This just CAN’T be true...

‘’Nicky, I...’’ Hearing her say his name in a sweet way gave him a warm feeling.
‘’You know that I would do everything to be with you today?’’
‘’you really would?’’ she could hardly even speak; she was so charmed by his soft voice. .
‘’Just tell me what to do and I will do it...’’
She knew that she was close to give in. Girl, you can’t, you just can’t do this!
‘’But you can do nothing about my schedule...’’
‘’I know...it has been planned months ago...but I really miss you...Do you miss me? Even for a little bit?’’
She was all melting away from his words; she knew that if he would be there she wouldn’t hesitate for a second, but...on the phone it was different...
‘’Nick...I do miss you...but my work was planned before...and you came so suddenly into my life...but it doesn’t mean I’m not happy that I met you.’’’
‘’Knowing that you miss me will make me miss you even more. What about tomorrow? Maybe I can see you then?’’ he had so much hope in his voice that she just couldn’t lie anymore to him.

‘’I have a planned schedule till 3pm...Though I don’t know what can suddenly be in it after that...’’’
‘’So you could possibly meet me?’’
She wanted to agree at first, but then she remembered that she has to make him slowly forget her. I’m doing it for his sake. He doesn’t need someone like me! ‘’Nick, I can’t promise you that for sure...I really don’t know...’’
‘’But there’s always hope, isn’t it? At least I can be with you in my dreams, princess...’’
‘’You can...look...I got to go. Talk to you tomorrow, ok?’’
‘’Well...then talk to you tomorrow.’’

She really suffered...yes, suffered from the pain that was caused by the fact of rejecting Nick. She knew that if only she had said that she wanted to be with him tonight... she would have followed her desires.

/then her gaze fell over to the ruined carpet. The luxury designer item was ‘’decorated’’ with a terrible coffee stain. But it could be cleaned.

Why can’t my life be so easily be brought back to order as this carpet? Maybe I’m messing it up by myself?
Chapter fourteen-I am your little puppy by Hilda Warren
Barbara hadn’t lied to Nick. She did go to the appointment. Actually it was a semi-formal meeting at the ‘’Pearl’’. She had always hated these sit-arounds in fancy restaurants, so usually let the executives or managers to have the fun.

The manufacturers from Hong Kong, with which was the appointment set, were feeling really honored that she attended.

Honor here or honor there, it was an opportunity for Barbara to forget. Forget Nick and the time with him. At moments when she listened to what the other people were talking about she fell into a state similar to a daydream. Over and over again memories about Nick emerged in her mind. Every little detail about him whirled in her mind – the sound of his voice, the way he touched her, and all the nice little things he had done for her...that reminded her how much she missed him... and with every second she did miss him more, because it was her own fault. She could’ve been with him tonight, not with these boring businessmen.

She needed to distract herself from the thoughts about Nick. So she joined a discussion about the silk production in China. Honestly, she had never been interested in China’s economy, but this time she was ready to discuss even elephant wedding gowns to dismiss the thoughts about Nick.

Every distraction from the reality has an end so soon she found herself again in her house. At this moment she hated the spacious rooms and the bright light coming from the chandeliers. All she wanted was to crawl into a dark hole and cry. She kept calm until she had to go to bed, but as she got into the covers she just couldn’t stop thinking about Nick. She wanted to call him and tell him that she needs him right now.

Holding the cell phone in her hand and browsing the address book for his number, her mother’s voice muttered in her mind a virtuous girl never takes the first step...the man has always to make it...even if you feel like approaching him first, don’t do that! He will think that you’re a whore and will never get serious with you...

She threw the phone back on the bed and run down to the kitchen.
She found the bottle of cognac and grabbed a glass for it. She slowly strolled back to her room hoping that the artificial mix will help her to forget him. She took out the pill boxes from the drawer and took exactly the same amount of them as she had taken yesterday. Sure, she was a little drowsy all day, but still...her dreams at night were empty and the physical exhaustion in the morning was a more important thing to think about than anything else...

She swallowed the pills and flushed then down with a hearty sip of the beverage. She scuttled back into her bed, once again squeezing the bunny. The sleepiness made by the pills mix conquered her within a few minutes. Nick, I’m doing this only for your sake.


Nick didn’t feel right all evening. He had never felt that way...really, never. He realized that he felt so lonely. And it wasn’t caused by the need of a sexual encounter, no. He just wanted to have that feeling...that she’s there. She seemed so real to him. She wasn’t like the babes he usually picked for short flings. But these babes never awakened any kind of feelings in him; he just kicked them out of his house the next morning. None of their tears ever arouse even the slightest craving to be with them longer as necessary to shut the door after them.

He wandered back in his memories about Barbara and envisioned the moment when he tried to comfort her after her emotional breakdown at the manor. I could always wipe away these tears. No, I could do everything to not make her cry again.

Actually he had never believed that he could feel that way for someone. Maybe I feel for her that way because she is so real to me? She wants only me...and not the spotlight around me...

He crawled into the bed and felt happy because he still had chances to see her tomorrow. He knew that he was acting like a kid, but whatever. It made him feel good, and since a long time, he hadn’t undergone that feeling. I just have to show her that she’s special for me...

The next morning as Barbara woke up it was the same as yesterday. A terrible headache, some cover up make up.
What would Nick say about what I did last night? Would he care?

She remembered how her ex-boyfriend Devon’s attitude towards her was. He was always distant and never talked about his feelings.
‘’Devon, dear, I don’t feel so good tonight. Maybe we could stay at home tonight?’’
‘’You know that this will be a hyper cool party? Even Spielberg will be there! And he rarely goes to clubs...’’
‘’I don’t want to go...’’
‘’Please, you got the invite! This is all VIP and without you they won’t even notice me.’’


At that time, she thought that he was acting that way only because he wanted to show the world how much he loves her. Now she knew that he just wanted to schmooze with all those celebrities, not being with her. Would Nick need me for publicity? I don’t know...but I don’t mind if I was on a cover of some magazines with him...he’s so cute! What am I thinking? We had a fun time together, that’s all.

As Barbara opened the door of her office, the first thing she noticed was a noticeable scent of roses. She looked at her table and saw that a big bouquet of red roses was placed on her table.
‘’Claudia, what’s that?’’ she asked, being really astonished.
‘’If you mean the roses, they were delivered this morning...’’ Claudia said concentrating more on the box of candy she had hid in the drawer of her desk.
‘’From whom?’’ Barbara wanted to know, though she was quite sure that it from some of her business partners...

‘’This is what I’m thinking about all morning... it wasn’t said from whom... I’m just so curious to know what’s in the pink envelope, but it was written there that it’s only for you to read...’’
There is surely nothing special about it, Barbara thought but still rushed to the bouquet to get the envelope, which was attached to it. There was something written on the envelope, she didn’t recognize the handwriting and it didn’t seem that it was sent from a company, because they usually use printed labels.

There was a card in it. A cute little puppy on a background with roses was on the cover. Her heart jumped. Could it really be from Nick? With lightly shaking hands, she opened the card and started to read.
Dear Barbara,
I hope you haven’t forgotten me yet.
I have to confess-you have really caught me. I think about you all the time. God, I do miss you so much! Do you miss me even a bit?
I would be really happy if you’d like to meet me today. I’ll call you after 3pm, ok?
Love,
Nick


Barbara read the card over and over again. Sure, it was just a little card but...she had never received something like this. Each week there were lots of flowers sent to her office, but those were all corporative. Congratulations for signing an agreement with us and so on...Never, really, never she had gotten something for her personally, showing so much affection.

She remembered that Devon had never done things like that. He was not trying to do something sweet for her. She was always the one who booked a restaurant or a weekend in Paris. And Devon always took everything I did for him as it has to be so...that only I have to care. In those few days Nick has done a lot more...Didn’t I always dream about someone who would be like that? What if everything I did with Nick was right? It...felt so right for me....like never before....
Chapter fifteen-Can I miss you? by Hilda Warren
Barbara walked around her office, thinking what she could say if he calls. He will call; he has always called me if he said he would. Should I meet him today or not?

A sudden wave of pain spread across her body. It was caused by her last night’s ‘’relief’’. Yesterday this pain seemed good to her, because it helped her not to think about him. But today...today it only made her feel miserable. Miserable in the way that she still can’t get her life in order.

She run to the drawer in her desk and took out a pack of some pain relief pills. I guess I’m having a lot of medication recently...but I really need this now.

Barbara sat at her desk, playing around with a bottle of Evian as Claudia came in.
‘’I just wanted to offer you some candy, you didn’t have lunch today’’, Claudia said, placing the half empty box of candy on Barbara’s desk. For Claudia’s surprise Barbara took some of the offered candy.
‘’I know I haven’t gone to lunch, but maybe I’ll eat something later...and I wanted to tell you to not put any appointments for me after 3pm, ok?
‘’How so?’’ her assistant asked, still being a bit surprised by the strange fact that Barbara hadn’t denied the candy.
‘’It could be that I’m busy for the rest of the day...’’Barbara said, having a radiant smile.
‘’You’re the boss, you own this place...’’Claudia said, wanting to collect the pink envelope.

‘’Hey, this is mine!’’ Barbara exclaimed and snatched the envelope out of Claudia’s hands.
‘’I’m sorry, I thought it was another corporate card.’’
Well, you couldn’t know that this time it was for me personally...’’ Barbara said while hiding he envelope into the drawer.
‘’From whom was it?’’ Claudia just couldn’t keep her curiosity.
‘’When I’ll tell you then you’ll know...but I’m not going to tell it now...’’
‘’If that was from a prospective boyfriend...it’s so great for you...’’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’Because you really need something besides work...’’
‘’But I love my work...if I didn’t, had I achieved so much?’’
‘’Well, I just wanted to say that you need a...distraction...at least...’’
‘’I guess I’ll let myself distract today...don’t set any appointments for tomorrow before I call, ok?’’
‘’Just have fun, ok?’’ Claudia said, leaving the office.

Barbara worked at a few things she had to do for the rest of the week, because it was Thursday and if she has the chance to spend the Friday in a fun way, she needed to finish everything. Maybe I could do something with Nick? Yeah, I wish...

She was signing an order for the executives as her phone rang. She didn’t take a look at the display, she just picked it up.
‘’Barbara Rowland, how can I help you?’’
‘’Oh, darling, did I call you in the middle of a meeting?’’ Nick said fearing that she would just hang up.
‘’Nick, no I was just signing some orders...’’
‘’So you forgot about me?’’ he almost whispered.
‘’No, I...’’
‘’Did you miss me even a little?’’
‘’Do you want me to say it honestly?’’ she sighed with a relief.
‘’Yes, I wanna know...’’he tried to sound really certain but he noticed that his hands were shaking a little. Please, don’t tell me that you had your fun and now don’t want to see me again...
‘’It’s so hard for me to tell you that but...’’she heard Nick sighing heavily, but still continued. ‘’I never thought I could miss someone so much after just knowing for a few days...’’she stopped, taking a deep breath. ’’And when I saw your card....’’she started to cry quietly.

‘’What was in this card that made you cry?’’ he asked, being totally confused. Why do I have to mess things with the only girl I want to be with?
‘’The card was the sweetest thing I’ve ever read...you...you did really miss me?’’
‘’Yes, and I'm still missing you...so please, can we meet today?’’ He said putting all his hopes in this short sentence.
‘’We can...I have no more duties today...’’
‘’You are making me so happy! Can we meet in...? Like an hour?’’
‘’Yes, that would be great...just tell me the address where to go...’’


Nick arrived at the meeting place fifteen minutes earlier, hoping that she wouldn’t change her mind.
He stood by the Royce, looking around. He saw that a black Bentley with tinted windows. He didn’t pay attention to that car, because he didn’t know how her car would look like.

He was so much concentrating on looking when she would come that he was totally surprised as he felt that a hand was put on his shoulder.
‘’Looks like someone’s daydreaming here?’’ Barbara said, smiling at him.
‘’I was just waiting for you...’’ he said, taking a look over her body.

Today she was wearing a black business suit, which perfectly reflected her curves yet wasn’t showing anything of her bare skin, because a chiffon scarf was bound around her neck. But still she’s so hot...and I know how looks without all those cover ups.
A light tingle run over his body, remembering everything they had experienced together.
‘’So, what are we doing? Should I reserve a place somewhere?’’ Barbara’s rational thoughts woke him up from his dream world.
‘’No, you don’t have to do anything, I know where we’re going...’’ he said, still looking at her curves.

Barbara felt him staring at her and for her surprise, it felt so well. She had never expected that he would so openly stare at her. It made her feel proud and worthy. Sure, she has always said that she doesn’t need male attention, but still...

‘’Will I need my car or what?’’ her soft demand woke him up once again.
‘’No, the restaurant is just a few blocks away. And today I know where we’re going.’’’
‘’It won’t be a walk through half London?’’ she said jokingly.
‘’No, not this time...’’

He watched her as she went back to her car and ordered the driver to leave. He ordered the same his driver and waited till Barbara came back to him.

As she stopped next to him, he slung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. He was not sure how she would react, but he just wanted to take the risk and feel her closer at least for a second.

She felt his firm grip but didn’t pull back. I just want to be with him.
Chapter sixteen-Don't leave me standing in the pouring rain by Hilda Warren
The restaurant Nick had chosen was little and nice. Nothing fancy like the ‘’Pearl’’. No one was lurking around, but still Barbara couldn’t gather herself. I just shouldn’t have kissed him!!! But he was so close... I wanted to do it so badly.

Nick watched her, not saying a word. He knew that something worried her, but he wanted to wait till she speaks up. The silence was too heavy for him, so he started to talk.
‘’If you don’t like this place, just tell me...We could go anywhere else or do whatever you’d want to...’’’He said slowly, carefully choosing every word he said.
‘’No, I like this place...the food is just wonderful’’ she tried to sound cheerful, yet she felt it didn’t came across as cheerful as she thought it would.
‘’So then you are just really tired...and I’m being so selfish...’’
‘’How come you are selfish? I wanted to see you, too...’’
‘’You know, the whole morning I was like lost... I just couldn’t wait till its 3pm to call you...I wanted at least hear your voice...’’he tried to catch her eyes, and at one moment she looked at him. He’s so sweet! The girl who’ll get him will be so happy...

She continued to look at him and dared to look into his brilliant blue eyes. But right now he’s here with me...
‘’I know I’m maybe not fitting into your ‘’boyfriend standard’’, but I’ll promise I’ll try...’’’
Barbara almost dropped her fork out of her hand. ’’How do you don’t fit in? You seem even too perfect to me...I wish I could have you as my boyfriend...’’
‘’Why wish?’’
‘’Because someone like you would never really want to be with me...’’ Barbara sighed heavily, looking down at her plate.
‘’You don’t have to wish...just tell me that you want to be with me and...I’ll be yours...’’he wanted to take her hand, but he wasn’t fast enough.

She swiftly stood up and wanted to walk away.
‘’Where are you going?’’ he whispered, feeling helpless again.
She didn’t answer anything; she just headed for the exit. I can’t be with him. I don’t deserve him. I don’t want to feed myself with false dreams...Why did I come today?

He hoped that she would turn around and come back, but all his hopes vanished as he heard how the front door closed.

Barbara didn’t know where she is going. She just runs again. Away from the truth...the truth that she wants him...she knew that she’s now somewhere in Central London, but she didn’t know where exactly she was. But she didn’t care. Aimlessly, she walked forward one block but then she felt so powerless that she just leaned against a brick wall and cried. Tears were streaming down her eyes, she didn’t care about that.

Nick paid the bill in the restaurant and run out to the street. He tried to call her cell phone, but it was dead. He didn’t know where she could’ve gone, so he just ran forward. After a little run he saw her, leaning against a wall, her back turned to the street. Just be careful now...you don’t want to mess everything...
Nick stepped closer to her, put his hand on her shoulder. She didn’t move, but he could hear that she was crying quietly. It was so hurting for him to hear that she was crying...so he turned her around so that she was facing him. She tried to get out of his arms, but he just pulled her closer. She knew that there is no need to protest. He gently wiped away the tears from her face and waited to see her reaction. She lowered her eyes, because she was too scared. Scared that her dreams are becoming real. Nick wasn’t like the artificial and superficial Devon. Nick cared about her. And this discovery did scare her the most. Am I ready to feel how someone cares about me?

He cupped her face, then kissed her cheek, moving from it to her lips.
She answered the kiss shyly, but soon backed off.
‘’Why did you come and look for me?’’
‘’Because I won’t let you go so easily...I want to be with you...’’
She hugged him closer and buried her head into his chest.

So they stood there, lost in the moment and only let go of each other as rain started to fall...
‘’Barbara dear, do you want to stay in the rain?’’

She was first confused where she was. She didn’t know that the pill mix in the even had affected her senses. All she realized now was that it was raining now and that, in a mysterious way, she’s back in his arms. What had happened before, she could only remember blurry.

He saw that she was still affected by her emotions so he just took her hand and led her fast through the rain. For a second she stopped.
‘’Where are we going?’’
‘’To my hotel...its just two blocks away now...we need to hurry up, the rainfall gets heavier.’’
The rain fell more and more heavy. It was like someone had opened a sluice over London. The streets got filled with water and their clothes were also soaking wet.

As they got into the lobby of Savoy, all were staring at them. Sure, it was a really unusual for all those rich people to see someone soaking wet from the rain...they didn’t even notice that it rains outside.

Barbara was terrified. What will they all think? I look like a bum! Nevertheless, she gripped Nick’s hand more firmly. He felt that she was afraid of something, so he full with confidence, slung his arm around her waist and went to the elevator with her.

‘’That was a nice run, wasn’t it?’’ he said, turning around to the mirror in the elevator.
‘’But how did the folks in the lobby stare at us...’’ she sighed.
‘’Never mind them, baby...’’ he came closer to her and run his fingers through her wet hair.
‘’When I’m with you I don’t care about anyone around...’’’
‘’It’s always so surprising for me when I’m with you...the last time since I ran through the rain was...when I was 10?’’
‘’Really?’’ she looked at him and was moved. How can he be just so...sweet?
‘’And you make me feel...feel like a normal guy, not the teenybopper heartthrob...’’
‘’But I completely understand the girls...I bet if they knew how you really are...they would run after you 24/7...’’
‘’There is someone I’m still running for...’’

‘’Who?’’ She said, totally confused.
‘’The most amazing girl I’ve ever met...’’ he said dreamily. She lowered her eyes. I knew there is someone else.
‘’You are the only girl I’ve ever run for.’’

The elevator stopped. They got into the hall way and saw that there was only one door in this floor.
He opened the door with the keycard and let her in. She looked around and it took her only a few glances to know where she was. In the Presidential Suite. Devon always requested that I book only this type of suite, he was raging if there was something lower.
‘’So...how do you like it? Its just my room...nothing special...’’
She laughed. ‘’Nothing special? It’s the presidential suite...its absolutely the best hotel room available in London.’’
‘’Really? I just called the first hotel in the directory...I was wondering why there are so many pensioners...’’
‘’People are saving all life spending a holiday here, you silly boy. I better get you a towel. ‘’

She went to the nearest bathroom and he stood there, just perplexed. And maybe now she thinks I’m trying to brag for being rich...but I don’t...

She came back smiling. It is so nice for a time not to have to take care about everything. She toweled his wet hair and put the towel on his shoulders. Oh baby, you are driving me mad! You look so sexy...I could strip you right away.

Barbara straddled to the couch and took her purse. ‘’You better get yourself dry, I don’t want you to catch a cold...’’ He automatically obeyed and tried to dry himself. ‘’Or you change to dry clothes...’’
While he changed she looked into her purse and dug out her cell phone. The phone was dead. How I could’ve forgotten to charge it? She felt that it got colder because of the wet clothes...

Nick came out of the room changed into a new dry outfit and sat next to her on the couch.
‘’Nick can I use your phone?’’
‘’Sure...why do you need it?’’
‘’I need to call my driver...my cell phone is dead and...’’
‘’Why don’t you just stay tonight here? I mean there won’t happen anything you don’t want to...and its still raining outside...I couldn’t let you leave and go into the dark and rainy world alone...’’
His voice sounds so comforting...and I don’t wanna leave either...so I’ll stay...he even asked me to stay...

‘’So I can stay?’’
‘’I want you to stay...’’
She looked again into his eyes and saw sincerity in them. I hope he doesn’t say that to every girl...and even if...now he’s here with me.

‘’So I just get my wet clothes off...and you....’’she looked at him, and saw that he was stunned. What is he thinking now? Did I say something suggestive? What if he liked what I said?

She unknotted the scarf from her neck and took of the wet and cold jacket. She threw the things on the couch and swiftly moved to the bathroom.

Nick was kinda happy that she didn’t turn around and see how he was drooling at her. Why is she so provokingly sexy? Does she know how teasing her little move was?

Barbara took of the wet clothes and took a quick shower after it she realized that she has to keep on her underwear, which would probably dry fast; she didn’t want to look too suggestive. She put on the hotel bathrobe and got back to the living room.

‘’Feeling warmer now, baby?’’ he said, getting up from the couch, coming forward to her. She just passed him, not looking at him and sat down in the corner of the couch.

Nick didn’t want to leave any moment unused. He sat down right next to her, looked at her thoughtful face. She’s just so cute. And not only that...I want her...and if only she’d want me so badly...
He leaned closer to her and cupped her face. ‘’What does my princess think now?’’
She looked at him, realizing where she was. She gazed at him for a time and wasn’t sure if everything what she sees is real. Is he really here or am I only dreaming again? I have to prove it...
She pulled him nearer and kissed him on the lips. He had not expected that move from her, but as he had wanted it so badly he just followed her pace and kissed her back. I just can’t get enough of her. C’mon, baby, keep on doing it!!!

The kiss went on more and more intense. She was leaning closer and closer to him; her hands were sliding over his back. He thought that she has loosened her inner tensions so he wanted to show off the bathrobe from her shoulders, because he craved to touch her bare skin.
As she felt him caressing her back and playing with the laces of her bra she suddenly realized what she was doing. I can’t do this...again...I’m whoring myself onto him.
Chapter seventeen-Caught in the moment by Hilda Warren
For a short moment she considered continuing this passionate game, but more and more, the moral teaching came to her mind again. But with his every kiss she tried to push away the morals. The harder she tried to forget, but she felt herself more tensing up as the bathrobe had almost reached the floor.

Nick felt her tension and he remembered what he had heard her saying in the car on the way back from Nottingham. This time I have to be careful. I know I want her so badly, but I have to make her forget regretting...about what she’s done to me...I have to show her that I care more...

As hard as it for him was, he stopped the kiss and looked in her eyes. Just like he had predicted, her eyes were doubt filled.
‘’Baby, listen...you don’t have to go on if you’re not sure how you’ll feel after it...’’
‘’Nick, I...’’she tried to explain, but he silenced her.
‘’I want you to know that I am not going to expect from you any explanations. I want you, and have always wanted from the first day I saw you. And you have the right to be unsure about what you want...’’
‘’And now you’re going to be mad at me...’’she whispered, knowing that she just can’t hold back the tears. I’m the craziest girl he was ever with...I don’t deserve even to be here...

Nick put the robe back on her shoulders and hugged her tightly. ‘’I didn’t want to make you cry, baby...I just want to be here with you...’’
She sniffed silently and tried to breathe again normally. He wiped away the tear stains from her eyes, smiling at her. ‘’I’m not mad at you...it’s enough for me to have you here...’’
‘’And you don’t want me closer?’’
‘’I want you...it’s just that I want to make you happy when I’m with you, not doubt-filled...’’
‘’Do you really mean what you say?’’
‘’Yes, I do mean...you’re the most amazing girl I’ve ever met...you never play...you are so real...and you make me feel...so normal...not the teenybopper star...and you...you are not like the other rich girls...you have a personality...’’
‘’And I’m eating with it your nerves...’’ she said, having a shy smile.

‘’You are making me feel human...I feel that you want me, not my media image...’’
‘’Nicky...you are the only man I had ever wanted so badly...that’s why I’m so afraid to do something wrong...’’
‘’You can’t do anything wrong by wanting me....just feel free to show it...’’
‘’How can you be so perfect?’’
‘’I’m not nearly perfect...I just want to be with you so I guess the first step is to understand you...’’
‘’I feel like we’ve been together for so long....’’
‘’Maybe in our past lives?’’ he joked. ‘’But seriously.... it feels like we’ve been together for much longer.... ‘’

Barbara was amazed how Nick could ease the situation and make everything appear as not a big deal. Devon had never done something like this. He was always cold and rough to me. She remembered one really painful happening.
One night Devon came into her bedroom and demanded to have sex. She said she doesn’t want to, but he didn’t listen. He slapped her in the face and tore her nightgown up. She cried and begged him to stop, but he didn’t listen. So she just let it happen. Why? Because she was even a bit sure that that’s the way it has to be. She was taught that ‘’impure’’ sex is painful, and there she had the proof. But now she knew that it’s all about passion...to want someone...and this feeling was new to her. It feels so good to be with Nick...and not only in bed... he has showed so much care for me. I always read about it in some romance novels and wished I could have it that way, too...Now I can have it...he’s within reach. I’ll try...no matter what my mother says!

Nick was sitting next to her; the distance between them was less than a foot. Looks like she’s thinking now...I hope I did everything right. I really wish she would start to want me as badly as I do. He felt that she’s looking at him, so he turned and smiled at her. She looked at him and felt so...safe. He has not hurt me...he is being so good to me...and I’m happy to be with him here...he’s not only so beautiful...he has a wonderful character...

He felt that now it’s the right moment to ease the situation even more. ‘’I think we need some thing to eat. Do you agree?’’ She started to feel hungry, because she had barely eaten something in the restaurant.
‘’Yes, I’d like to have something...’’
He handed her the hotel’s restaurant menu.
‘’Wow, looks like you like French cuisine...’’
‘’Actually, I’m confused by all the unreadable names...yesterday I got some little fried legs....and...’’
‘’It turned out to be frog legs?’’
‘’Exactly...so I’m afraid that next I’ll get steam cooked cockroaches with slug sauce... I don’t trust the menu’’
‘’Would you like something else? Not from the menu?’’ To be allowed to kiss you again...or make you want me without feeling guilty. He composed himself.
‘’I’d like something from McDonald’s...’’
She chuckled as she heard him say that. ‘’Who said to the press that is eating right and healthy?’’
‘’I did...did you do research about me?’’ he tried to act surprised.
‘’I just wanted to know what you’ve been doing recently...and there were some really nice pictures...’’
‘’Did you like them?’’ he said, trying to look so extra cute.
‘’Yes, I did.’’ she said, looking at him.
‘’So you admit drooling over my pics?’’
‘’Well...I have to confess...it feels better to look at you now...you are so perfect...I think it was a good idea to stay...’’
‘’You know it means a lot to me that you’re here...I feel needed...’’
‘’You know I need you...but I also know that you are starving right now...So order your McDonald’s.’’
‘’I though you want me to eat healthy?’’ he teased her.
‘’’First, I don’t want to set you any rules, you're not a dog’’ she laughed when he made that puppy look again. ‘’And I haven’t eaten anything from this restaurant for years...it’ll be fun to taste it...but you order whatever you want!’’
‘’Wow...thanks...so you really want to eat?’’
‘’No, I want to have one single piece of lettuce!’’ she laughed and playfully threw a pillow at him.
‘’I’ll go order. But you’ll have to eat what I ordered...’’
‘’Was that a threat? I liked what you chose in Nottingham...’’
‘’You remember that?’’
‘’I can’t forget it...you made me feel special...like a fairy tale’’
‘’That is no fairy tale...I feel that you’re the special someone I had been looking for...’’
‘’But it ain’t easy for you. You are so patient with me...it seems so unreal to me...’’
‘’I didn’t think I’m so unreal...I’m right here with you...can’t you feel that?’’

He gently took her hand and looked into her eyes, trying to see what she feels. A small tingle ran through her. This small and innocent gesture was so impressive to her. Why can he always manage to make things simple?
‘’Nicky...’’she said softly, cupping his face with her free hand. ‘’I feel that you’re here...it’s just too good to be true.’’ Nick felt special at this moment. None of the girls he had been with before had so much savored a moment with him. And this moment was unlike all the other had he experienced. He is holding the hand of a girl he had known for such a short while, but he already felt so attached. And he knew why. I need her and she needs me...when we’re together we can be ourselves...and it’s been long since I could be myself.
Chapter 18-There's always competition! by Hilda Warren
Author's Notes:
In this chapter I wanted to make Nick jealous. He sees that he's not the only one whom she could like. And, please, if you can leave a review. Thanks for reading.
Nick had ordered what he thought she would like and afterwards they talked for a while, but it felt for him like it was small talk, he could not dig into her
feelings.
He so wanted to know how exactly she feels for him and why was she afraid about the sexual side of their relationship. I just don’t need to force her telling me everything. I’ll wait until she tells me.

Barbara was relaxed. Nick was leading the conversations about easy topics, everything that made her feel calm. She felt that she could just listen to his stories all evening.

‘’You know, I like to take my boat out in the sunrise or sunset. It just gives such a magical feeling. I just can’t describe this, you’d need to see that.’’
‘’And you have personnel on the boat?’’ she asked, drifting away to an imaginative place. I wish he would take me out on his boat. Dream on, this isn’t going to happen. I think he already has tons of girls in the US waiting for him.

Nick saw that she had a dreamy look on her face. Is she thinking about me? I hope so.
‘’Yeah, I’ve got a license for operating small vessels, though my boat isn’t the Titanic but still...it isn’t also an inflatable rubber boat. ‘’he chuckled.
‘’It would be way too funny to see you rowing a rubber boat. That would fit you.’’ She said and started laugh.

Nick liked how the situation eased up and it made him feel better.
‘’You know what would be even better?’’ he looked at her with a victorious grin. ‘’That I’ll take you out on my boat in summer...then you’d see the perfect sunset...’’

She was perplexed. Did he mean that even for a second? Or are my ears hearing wrong? It all would be too perfect!
He saw a smile flashing in her face for a second but it faded away as fast as it had come. Does she not believe what I said? I guess so...Why does she not believe me?

‘’Are you...are you joking about this?’’ she asked, lowering her eyes to the floor and nervously kneading a pillow.
‘’No, I was serious... summer starts in a bit more than two months. Then I’ll come and take you to Florida...imagine...just us...isn’t it great?’’ He moved closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders. She felt how he came closer. Her first reaction was to move away, but then she realized that she actually likes those little innocent gestures.

‘’It would be just wonderful if it would happen... I wish it could’’ she put her head on his shoulder.
He started to gently stroke her hair, feeling her easing a bit.
‘’You don’t have to wish...I only ask you one thing what I wanna know tonight. Would you want to be...’’ he inhaled slowly, knowing that his question could have two totally opposite answers. I need to dare this. ‘’Would you want to...be my girlfriend? I know this comes fast, but I don’t want to lose you to another guy only because you thought I’m not being serious with you.’’ His tender words echoed in her mind. If he meant this...no way...why would he even think of that...but if he’s joking...than its more than a bad joke!

He hadn’t expected that she’d give an answer immediately, but he hoped that he hasn’t scared her. And what if she just laughs at my offer? What if she says that I only make her life difficult? He felt her tremble lightly and he wished he wouldn’t have to let her go now.

She gathered her courage, sighed heavily and spoke. ‘’Could you repeat what you just said?’’
He sensed a fear in her voice and wanted to reassure her. His voice sounded raspy and weak, but he tried to say what he had to.
‘’I asked if you want to be my girlfriend. And I’m being really, really serious about that...’’ he stopped to take a breath and think what he should say, but was interrupted by her.
‘’How can you be so sure? You know me just for a few days...and I’m not really making everything easy for you...’’she felt like she was so breathless like she had run at least a mile.
Nick gently turned her face so she had to look at him He wished he could kiss away all the insecurities he saw in her beautiful face.

‘’I am sure about this...remember, I said something about a feeling. You gave me it...I had searched for years to experience that...I know that you want me, not the add-on to my name, ‘’the pop star’’...and when I see how your eyes look at me... for that moment I feel so needed...because I can be there for you.’’

No one ever has said to me something like this. And he is being serious... Her heart trembled for a second, but then again, she had the need to feel his warmth.
‘’I...I had never felt that someone could care so much for me...for the first time in my life I felt that someone actually needs me. And I don’t want this feeling to end...’’
‘’If you’ll be my girlfriend, I’ll take care of you...because I need you...’’
‘’I would want to be your girlfriend...it would be a wish come true...’’

He leaned down a little and began to kiss her. The kiss was almost too shy, he just wanted to the touch of her soft lips. Her eager answer surprised him. He felt her body ease against his. As she started to gently stroke his back it felt like heaven for him. If she would always feel so free to show me her feelings... And it feels so good when she’s all over me. I don’t want this moment to stop...

A sudden knock at the door interrupted their magical moment. Nick moaned in frustration and let her go. ‘’Looks like I need to get the door...but I’m not leaving willingly.’’
She ran her hand through his hair and smiled. ‘’Don’t worry, I won’t vanish from here...’’
‘’How can I be sure?’’ he grinned at her.
‘’I’ll just sit here and wait for my charming boyfriend...’’
He gave her a fast kiss on the cheek and went to open the door.

As Nick came back with the delivered food, he stopped for a while to look at her. She was halfway lying on the couch. Her hair, flowing over her shoulders and set in light curls from the rainwater looked more perfect to him as any hairstylist's doing. She’s just so sexy...does she know that?

He placed the bags on the table and sat down on the couch.
‘’In case you don’t like something, you don’t have to eat it and...’’
‘’You’re always so polite...but I hope I’ll like everything...we could watch TV or a movie, what do you say about that?’’
‘’Great idea...here was somewhere a list of movies we could choose from...’’
He took the remote and opened the list on the flat screen TV. She looked at the list for a while yet didn’t say what she’d want to see. He was awaiting her requests but he found himself wishing to see ‘’The Matrix’’.

‘’So what do you wanna see? ‘’Titanic’’? he asked, taking his bag with the meal.
‘’Do you really want to see how Leo drowns at the end? I’d better like the Matrix...’’
‘’Yeah, it has great shootouts and kung-fu...’’
‘’To me, it has a lot of philosophy’’ she said, looking into her food bag.
‘’Philowhatever, let’s watch the movie, ok?’’
She chuckled a little at his word spoofing, but nodded in acceptance. I don’t care how highly educated he is....I don’t need a boring smartass.

She took out the cheeseburger out of the paper bag and began to eat it. This is really tasty. I’d never thought that... So she eagerly ate it.

Nick pretended to watch the movie and concentrate on his food, but in reality he watched for her reaction. As he saw that she visibly enjoyed the meal, he sighed in relief. She’s the first girl I see who actually enjoys the same food as I. No hysteric screams about the calories and reminding me to eat healthy.

Time passed by and Nick tried to sneak closer and closer to her, as he finally was sitting right next to her.
He was so sunk into the movie that he barely noticed that she was trying to get a bite from his cinnamon roll.

‘’Who is trying to steal my cinnamon roll?’’ he asked, grinning at her.
‘’I do...I just can’t get enough of candy...’’
‘’But I’m also sweet!’’ he tried to pout, but actually liked her little move. That was just so adorable.
‘’You are even sweeter than that...but first I wanna steal your pastry before I get to you...’’ she said in a deep, sexy voice that made a small tingle run down his body.

They shared the pastry and Nick gave her the last piece of it. As she was finished eating he suddenly gave her a quick kiss. ‘’Umm...you’re sweeter than this candy. I’ll feed you only with candy to get such sweet kisses.’’
‘’You know that I’m already sweet without candy...I feel like cuddling now...’’

‘’Maybe you could just laze back on my lap?’’ he said softly.
This idea seemed not so bad to her so she just let herself sink onto his lap
Nick enjoyed feeling her so near. She rested her head on his lap and he felt that her body was relaxed. He gently stroked her hair and felt so comfortable. I feel like I can protect her...and I like this feeling. He smiled to himself and continued to watch the movie.

After a while he noticed that her gaze was fixed at the screen and that she chuckled at times. ‘’What’s so funny?’’ he asked. ‘’I thought it wasn’t a comedy...’’
‘’I just remembered what he said about this scene...it took him 6 takes to get it right.’’
‘’Who said that?’’ Nick asked feeling becoming paler and paler.
‘’Well, Keanu...’’ she said, not paying any big meaning to what she said.
‘’Where did you get to talk to him?’’ Nick felt that his heart filled with jealousy.
‘’Earlier this year in Venice...’’
‘’How so?’’ he tried to sound uninterested, yet his heart started to shatter. Oh, my, I thought that I have almost no competition...but if she’d met someone who makes 20 million a MOVIE...that’s so much more than I can earn...

‘’I met him at a VIP party after a screening...he asked me if I liked the movie in that screening...as I faced him I was like, huh, he asked me about his newest film. So we started to talk and...’’ she stopped to catch a breath, but she didn’t feel Nick becoming jealous. ‘’The next day we also met and talked a lot...I didn’t know he’d read Baudrillard...he was really smart...and he gave me his number...’’then he looked up at Nick and saw that he was barely breathing.
‘’Nick, what is it?’’
‘’I...I just didn’t know that...that you could know someone like him and...’’ he couldn’t say it loudly someone who could be more appealing to you then I.
‘’It’s actually no big deal...I was going to visit him in LA this summer...’’
‘’So you won’t go with me to Florida?’’ Nick bluntly blurted out.
‘’Well, if you don’t want me to go with you...’’
‘’I would be really happy to have you there with me...I could show you the things and places I love...and I’m still applying for the position of your boyfriend, if I’ve got any chances...’’ he looked away, because he had realized that...that she could just have anyone else...as he wanted to drown in his thoughts he felt her lips brush against his. He realized that she had risen up and was just about to kiss him.
Chapter 19-Bye, bye bunny! by Hilda Warren
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took sooo long to update..school leaving exams and university paperwork cope badly with writing...
Hope you like it....
He was really surprised as he felt her warm breath coming closer to his face. As he felt her lips brushing his he woke up from his thoughts. She gave him a quick passionate kiss and kept looking at him. He cupped her face, adoring how beautiful she looked without make up.
‘’I think you need to rest...It was a long day for you...’’
‘’But where should I stay? On the couch?’’
‘’How did you get that idea? You are staying in my bed...’’
She blushed slightly, but he liked her shyness.
‘’As I said...nothing has to happen. I’m already happy that you’re here. And knowing that you’ll stay in one room with me...will make me even happier.’’
She once again looked at him. And with every second she felt that it was right to be here. He is so beautiful...and what was what I dreamed all those nights? To stay with him...yes, I want to do this!
‘’You know, I think I’ll accept your offer. The bed should be more comfortable than the couch. And there’s surely a lot of space to be enough for us both.’’ She said waiting for his reaction. And what’s more-he will be right there.
‘’So let’s go to the bedroom or you’ll get lost here’’ he said, letting her move from his lap. She smiled at him and stood up. He did the same, took her hand and led her to the bedroom.

She sat down on the edge of the bed and watched how he searched for something in the wardrobe. She watched his every movement, shamelessly drooling over his back and butt. He looks just so perfect. I could just sit here and watch him move. She enjoyed the view for another while then he suddenly turned around and threw something at her. She was perplexed for a moment but as he looked at the thing she had caught. It was a folded t-shirt.
He grinned at her mischievously. Had she been drooling over me? That would be a good sign. He flipped back to reality. ‘’I though it would be warmer tonight if you would put on the t-shirt...’’ then I wouldn’t have the temptation to touch your bare skin. And I am not allowed to think what’ll be underneath that.
She looked at him with a little guilt in her yes, because she had to keep herself from drooling again. ‘’Thanks...you always think about the tiniest details...but you know you’re so sweet...’’
‘’I know’’ he teased. ‘’you make yourself comfortable in the bed and I gotta jump in the shower for a while...start missing me.’’ He flashed her a wide smile and vanished into the adjacent bathroom.
As she heard the water run in the bathroom she slowly unfolded the shirt and put down her bathrobe at the backrest of a chair. For a second she re-explored the room, sensing the light hint of his cologne in the air. Then she swiftly pulled on the t-shirt he gave her, feeling a bit of really special to him. Calm down, it is JUST a t-shirt...but really everything today was...just so special... She slid under the covers and felt so free and relaxed that she soon drifted off to half sleep.

Nick had finished showering and noticed the piles of his and Barbara’s clothes in the corner. Guess it would be a good idea to give them to the laundry service here...and if her clothes are in the laundry she won’t have the chance to sneak out in the morning and leave me confused and all alone . He was so excited by his
reasonable plan that he forced back the need to whistle, instead of whistling he left the bathroom using the door to the living room. He called the service line and soon a hotel employee gathered the laundry bag. If she wants to leave tomorrow she’ll have to know where her clothes are gone...and this means she’ll have to ask me. He was so afraid of the feeling of loss if she wouldn’t be there the next morning. He knew he would feel left all alone what was a rare feeling for Nick, because he had usually been very happy to see mo trace of the ‘’bed-bunny’’ he have had last night. Barbara wasn’t a ‘’bed-bunny’’, she was something special. So now he was happy that he had a valid reason for keeping her longer with him.

He silently sneaked into the bedroom and stood there by the door, trying to memorize everything of the feeling of having her here. This is what I dreamed about those last nights...of simply having her here. He cautiously got under the covers trying not to wake her. He was fighting with the need to wrap his arms around her and feel her near, but he knew that every move with her has to be done careful.
‘’Nicky...’’ he heard an almost inaudible whisper.
He moved on his side and looked at her.
‘’What do you want dear?’’ he asked softly, concentrating his gaze on her. Please, don’t tell me to leave for the couch. Want to be in one room with you...
‘’I feel a little cold...’’ she said, smiling shyly.
‘’I’ll get you an extra blanket...’’ he was about to stand up, but her hand on his arm stopped him.
‘’No, I don’t need that...maybe I could just snuggle closer to you?’’ he asked that so swiftly so it felt easier for her.
‘’You even don’t have to ask...come here...’’he opened arms and tried to encourage her to move closer.
She moved closer, letting her head rest on his shoulder. ‘’But if you feel like I’m just being a burden to you now, I will move away...’’
‘’A burden? You’re joking! I want to hold you in my arms...if you allow me...’’
He wrapped his arms around her back and felt that she relaxed.
‘’I feel so tired...’’she mumbled, burying her head in his chest.
‘’Then sleep, baby...I’ll keep you warm...’’
The feeling of his body against her and the light mingling of his cologne made where relax completely. This is where I dreamed to be the last nights...in his arms...and it feels better than I expected. And I feel like I belong here...
Nick felt that her breathing evened out and that she was sound asleep. For a little while watched her sleep, realizing that right now his wish of having her beside her had come true. Even if it was for this night, it was worth it.

Barbara woke up, wondering where she was. Sleepily, she looked around and found that Nick was embracing her tightly. It felt so good that she wished that this would be real. I can only wish that...In realty I’ll find myself hugging the plush bunny and dreaming...but as this dream is so wonderful...I could just do something...
She gently traced the tattoos in his upper arms, sliding her fingers over his well toned biceps. She saw that a small smile spread across his face. This is a fantastic dream...and as far as it’s a dream...I can live the dream...
She moved her hand up a bit and run her fingertips along his jaw line, then placing a kiss on his cheek. She felt his warm skin against her lips and realized that this wasn’t a dream...it was real. And she felt the need to be as close as possible to him growing in her so...she wanted to run away once again.
Slowly she moved his arms back from her and got out of the bed.
Nick loved the special attention she gave him and didn’t want this to end. The shy caresses were what he wanted- the feeling that she wants him. As the caressing stopped, he hoped that it will continue after a while, but it didn’t.
Unwillingly he opened his eyes and saw her slowly stripping down the t-shirt. Her movements were teasing him though he knew she wasn’t even aware he’s watching her. His eyes wandered along her curves, reminding him how much he wanted her. He tried to turn off his dirty thoughts, but he just couldn’t. I just can’t get it why she thinks she’s ugly. She looks just perfect to me. And I know I’d let her do just anything with me...
He just sat in the bed motionlessly, watching her swaying her hips as she headed to the bathroom.

In the bathroom she looked around and realized that the stack of her clothes which she had left there last night was gone. She looked around for a few more times, but it was clear that she wouldn’t find anything. Was I so wasted yesterday that I don’t know where I left my clothes? I think no...Though I better ask Nick. The thought of Nick made her smile, but she knew that the time spent with him will be a sweet memory for her. She tiptoed back to the bedroom to get her robe.
‘’Good morning beautiful! You just look so fabulous!’’
Barbara froze and looked over to the bed where she saw Nick smiling lucidly at her.
‘’I’m sure that you know where my clothes are gone...’’ she looked at him waiting for his answer.
‘’what will I get if I tell you?’’ he made the puppy look. She just couldn’t resist him. ‘’You can have a wish...and I start to feel cold...so...I’ll get my robe.’’
‘’You better come back under the covers...this way it would be easier for you to make my wish come true...’’ he said in raspy voice and she just couldn’t refuse his offer.
In the moment she was under the covers she felt herself literally being carried away. The reason for this was that Nick didn’t want to hesitate for a single moment and just pulled her closer to him so that she was on him.
‘’Nick, what are you...’’ but she couldn’t finish the sentence, because he silenced her by a deep, passionate kiss. To his surprise, she didn’t try to break the kiss, she deepened it. As she finally broke the kiss he could see desire filling her eyes. Breathing heavily she buried her head in his chest. Oh god, how much do I want him now...
‘’And now it’s time for my wish...’’ he said while he was gently rubbing her back.
‘’Wasn’t the kiss what you wished for?’’
‘’Umm...this was a little extra...but actually...I wish you wanted to be with me...’’
‘’I...I just don’t know if...’’
‘’I’m good enough for you? I know I’m maybe not as smart or rich as Keanu, but...I could try to suit all your needs...’’
‘’Why are you bringing Keanu into the picture? It couldn’t be jealousy? No it couldn’t...’’
‘’Actually, I am jealous! In no time he will start to make moves to seduce you and...I would want to be with you.’’
‘’Why? There are more perfect girls than me who would do everything to be near you even for a moment.’’
‘’Why do you always think so? I don’t want those bed bunnies...I want you...my beautiful, perfect girl...’’
‘’Nicky, that’s such a sweet lie...but it sounds so wonderful...’’ she kissed his neck, only lightly touching the sensitive skin. He moaned silently, enjoying every second moment.
‘’But that’s true...no one ever made me feel so good. I feel so desired...I don’t know what spell have you put on me, but I just want to spend as much time as possible with you...and it’s always so fun...you even saved me from a teenybopper attack...’’
‘’But I bet the teenybopper attack wouldn’t have been bad for you...you would’ve gotten at least a few confessions of endless love and a few proposals...’’ she laughed as she looked at him. He set back a strand of her blonde hair and cupped her face. Would there ever be a moment when she’d say ‘’I love you’’ to me? How would that feel to me?Then she would feel so much freer with me...but what am I thinking about...