Shine by Babyg
Summary:

REVISION COMING SOON! 10-22-10

CJ Martin grew up all alone. Nobody cared for her, nobody loved her, nobody liked her. Then one day, CJ wins a audition that brings her to Orlando, Fl, along with four other students in her school. There, they will compete for professional singing carear for Jive Records. Will CJ finally be free and will she finally find love?


Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Child Abuse, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: Yes Word count: 31774 Read: 48188 Published: 04/30/06 Updated: 07/25/06

1. Chapter One by Babyg

2. Chapter Two by Babyg

3. Chapter Three by Babyg

4. Chapter 4 by Babyg

5. Chapter Five by Babyg

6. Chapter Six by Babyg

7. Chapter 7 by Babyg

8. Chapter Eight by Babyg

9. Chapter 9 by Babyg

10. Chapter Ten by Babyg

11. Chapter Eleven by Babyg

12. Chapter 12 by Babyg

13. Chapter Thirteen by Babyg

14. Chapter Fourteen by Babyg

15. Chapter Fifteen by Babyg

16. Chapter 16 by Babyg

17. Chapter 17 by Babyg

18. Chapter 18 by Babyg

19. Chapter 19 by Babyg

20. Chapter 20 by Babyg

21. Chapter 21 by Babyg

22. Chapter 22 by Babyg

23. Chapter 23 by Babyg

24. Chapter 24 by Babyg

25. Chapter 25 by Babyg

26. Chapter 26 by Babyg

27. Chapter 27 by Babyg

28. Chapter 28 by Babyg

29. Chapter 29 by Babyg

30. Chapter 30 by Babyg

31. Chapter 31 by Babyg

32. Chapter 32 by Babyg

Chapter One by Babyg
Chapter One


~~ 1994 ~~~

Six year old C.J Martin stood at the top of the hill looking out over the horizon. The sun was now setting and it casted a beautiful shade of color across the purplish sky. The steady wind blew her short curly brown hair. C.J. took a deep breath and looked around, seeing the land that lay before her. Forests and river valley's surrounded her. Behind her, a small little cottage stood behind her down the hill, a place she calls home. C.J closed her eyes and started to hum a sweet melody. Then she started singing. She didn't know what she was singing, But she sang it anyway.

" There is a girl, whose heart is feeled with misery and hope." She sang softly, feeling herself flying high above the heavens as the song became a part of her, at once.

" Chloe Jaylyne!!" A harsh voice rang through the air. C.J stopped singing and slowly opened her eyes. At that moment she felt herself falling and everything go quiet. She sighed and finally turned around.

" Chloe Jaylyne Martin, get your butt over here this instant, young lady!!" Her mother screamed at her, standing 100ft away, " NOW!!!" C.J didn't flinch at her outburst. She sighed and started jogging down the hill. Once C.J was at the gate, her raging mother charged toward the gate and grabbed her bye the hair violently, dragging her to the door.

" Didn't I tell you to mop the floor?!" C.J shrieked as her head was yanked back, hard.

" You didn't tell me to do anything, mommy." C.J sobbed. C.J was practically yanked off her feet the whole way to the kitchen.

" Ma'am!! And don't you deny that mess on the floor!! Your the one always causing problems for this family!!" Her mom threw C.J down to the ground. She landed hard on the muddy floor. A mop and a pail of water was slammed down next to her.

" Clean it up or no dinner." She gritted though her teeth. Her mother charged out the kitchen, leaving C.J on the floor. She sighed, picked up the mop and started to work. C.J was used to this. She has been mistreated ever since she was a baby. She didn't know why she's being treated so bad. C. J shook her sadly, looking down at the mud spots she never made. C. J has two older brothers, both nine years old, who play down at the river banks. They track mud in all the time and it's always C.J that gets blamed for it and who always has to clean it up. C.J sighed heavily, getting a little frustrated. The mop she was using wasn't really working, it was all old and raggedy. The house itself wasn't something to look at either. It was an old run down three room cottage, five miles South of the heart of London. They were a very very poor family. All they grew was vegetables in a 5 acre field and that's what was for meals, three times a day. C.J only owned two dresses, one pair of trousers, 2 shirts, a pair of overalls and worn out sandals that were starting to get moldy. C.J pulled herself up and put the mop away. While she was putting it away, she found herself starting to sing again.

" She will not cry, cause that's weakness in her eyes." She smiled to herself, feeling her heart fluttering when hearing herself sing. Then she thought, '' I'm only happy when I sing.'' And that was true. She closed the cabinet door and started toward the small hallway. Suddenly she stopped when she heard a herd of feet running through the kitchen. C.J turned around just in time to see her two brothers run past her, leaving mud back on the floor, she had just cleaned. Then the angry pounding of feet came charging over to her. Scared, C.J backed up against the wall. Her mother grabbed her bye the jaw and got in her face.

" Didn't I tell you to clean this floor?!" C.J sputtered out words, not knowing what to say. Her eyes widened as her mother's hand connected to her face. C.J fell back to the floor, her eyes stinging with tears.

" No dinner for you tonight!!!" Her mother said, charging back out of the room. C.J. got the mop back out and cleaned the floor once more, choking back tears.
Chapter Two by Babyg
C.J entered her room later that night as her father made her clean the dishes. Sadly she sat on the edge of her bed, looking around her 10 by 15 bedroom. She sighed and squeezed her eyes tight.

" Oh Father....please help me find my way out of this horrid place." She prayed. C.J stood up and sat down near her small window. A bird chirped on the branch next to her. The little bird turned it's head toward her.

" Why can't I be like you birdi?" She whispered to the little guy. The bird tilted his head as if he knew what she was saying, " You can fly everywhere in the world. See the great oceans. See the tall mountains, the raging rivers, and the beautiful waterfalls. Places nobody else can see. Your....free. Just like I wish I could be." She said sadly. The bird chirped again and flew to C.J's window sill.

" No need to feel sorry for me Birdi." C.J gently touched the top of his head. He chirped and flew away, " Fly away, Birdi....be free." C.J. sighed and went back to her bed. She laid down and began to sing.

" I met a friend today. A sweet little Jay Bird. I spoke to him and seemed like he understood...." C.J sang softly until she fell asleep.
Chapter Three by Babyg
" Some where over the rain bow, blue birds fly. Blue birds fly over the rainbow. Why, Oh why can't I?" C.J sang her favorite song from her favorite movie, while washing clothes in the tub outside. It's been a week now, since she opened her mouth and a powerful voice come out. She had fun with her singing. She always made up her own songs. Sometimes, she'll even crack herself up, by how funny they sounded. That always made her smile. After she finished washing the clothes, she hung them on the line to dry. C.J skipped along the wild flower patch, down to the river bank. She stopped at some beautiful rose bush. She smiled and took in their smell. She picked a couple of roses and held them close. C. J twirled around and around, feeling like a princess. She began singing once more, imagining herself up on the stage all grown up, underneath the spotlight. She lifted up the mic and a very powerful voice came out, not to mention the thousands of screams that interrupted in the crowd. She smiled, as she saw herself shine.

C.J. leaned against the tree, fingering the roses, smiling to herself.

" Oh how I would love to shine." She whispered to herself. CJ lifted herself up to her feet and skipped her way back to the house. She sang loudly and on key as she danced her way into the house. A rose fell out of her hand and she bent down to retrieve it, still singing.

" What is that bloody racket?!" CJ stopped in mid sentence when she heard her Father's booming voice. She backed up against the wall when her parents came in.

" What was that?!" Her mom screamed in her face. CJ scrunched up her nose.

" What was what, ma'am?" CJ asked confused.

" That!!!" She yelled pointing a finger up to CJ's lips.

" I don't understand what your--"

" THAT BLOODY RACKET COMING OUT OF THAT HOLE IN YOUR FACE!!!!" Her Father screamed, making her flinch and her ears pop lightly.

" I was just...singing. " CJ said, tears swelling up in her eyes.

" Singing?! Why were you singing?!" Her father boomed.

" Because, I like to sing." CJ whispered. She squeezed her eyes shut, fearing what will come to her.

" You like singing?!" CJ swallowed hard and nodded.

" Yes sir."

" Well, we don't!! So shut up!! You have the worst voice in this whole bloody world!! Just shut up!!" He screamed so loud all the animals in the forest surfaced. CJ nodded, understanding. Her father turned on his heal and stomped back into the living room. CJ lowered her head and fingered the rose petals.

" What are those?!" Her mom shouted. CJ's head snapped up, forgetting her mother was there.

" Flowers." CJ said in a tiny voice. Violently she grabbed her and shook her roughly.

" I know what they are you little twit!! What are you doing with them?!"

" I picked them, ma'am. When I went down to the river bank."

" You get rid of those right now!! Flowers are for sweet little children. YOU are Satan's child!!! NOW GET RID OF THEM!!!" She screamed, slapping CJ hard in the mouth. CJ's hand flew up to her numb lip. She swallowed hard and slowly nodded. Her mom turned and joined her husband. CJ touched her lip softly, tears escaping her eyes. She brought back her hand to find blood all over it. Her lip was cut open pretty deep. CJ dabbed her lip with the sleeve of her dress and looked down to the floor. The rose's laid all over the floor. They just laid there, still, like they were dead. CJ bent down and gathered them up. She did as she was told. She opened the door and threw them back outside, but in secret she hid only one unique rose behind her back and snuck it in her room. She opened up her torn old bible, her Grandmother gave her before she died. She opened it up to the middle of the book, gently placing the rose in the crease. She stared at for a long while, before slowly closing it. She then picked up the bible, sat in her corner of the room and hugged it with all of her might.
Chapter 4 by Babyg
The next morning CJ, woke up to the sound of loud talking coming from outside. She sighed and pushed back her covers. She sat up and stretched. CJ got up and went to her small window and looked out. She gasped in delight, at the sight she saw. There standing outside was Miss Parker with a beautiful small creature, CJ has never seen before, but it was beautiful. She squealed in delight. CJ quickly slipped her shoes on and ran outside. Once outside she gasped. It was even more beautiful up close. CJ slowly stepped forward to the small creature, reaching a hand out to it.

" Don't touch it!!" Timmey, one of CJ's brothers shouted. CJ glared at him.

" I just wanted to pet it! What is it, anyway?" She said, turning back to the creature. Timmey rolled his eyes.

" It's a pony, stupid!" CJ stepped back and growled.

" Well, excuse me dipweed, I didn't know what it was! I never seen one before..." She trailed off when the pony come up to her and nuzzled her. CJ giggled and patted the pony on the head.

" Look, Tim. She likes me." CJ smiled and kissed the ponies nose. Timmey rolled his eyes and walked away.

" It looks like she sure does, CJ." Miss Parker said, kneeling down to CJ's height and put her arm around her, " Which is a very good thing, because she your birthday present. Happy Birthday, Darling. " She kissed CJ's cheek, sweetly. CJ smiled. Today, CJ is seven years old. Her birthday's were never fun, cause her family seemed to forget or they just didn't care. The only presents she got was the one's from Miss Parker and for that CJ was blessed.

" She's really mine?" CJ asked, softly stroking the ponies head.

" She sure is ." Miss Parker smiled.

" Oh Miss Parker, thank you so much!" CJ hugged her tightly, " I promise, I'll take real good care of her. " CJ said, a small tear escaping her eye.

" I know you will." She said, sweetly pushing back CJ's soft curly hair.

" Hold on." CJ's mom said sternly. CJ and Miss Parker pulled apart and looked at her, " Miss Parker, Chloe can't have that bloody horse." Miss Parker frowned and stood up.

" Why is that Sandy? It's her birthday, today. I always get her something. " She said, grabbing CJ's hand and squeezing it.

" There is now way, Chloe is getting a horse. She can't take care of it, she can't even take care of herself. No, just forget it!" CJ's shoulders slumped. Miss Parker let go of CJ's hand and walked over to her mother.

" Sandy, when was the last time, CJ got to do anything? Take care of Something? She maybe only six....seven, but I think she is perfectly capable of taking care of a harmless horse. " Miss Parker said. Sandy pressed her lips together, angrily. Miss Parker sighed and glanced at CJ. The look on CJ's face hurt her. CJ finally got a real friend and now that friend may go away, even though it was just a horse.

" You know what? Fine! Chloe, you can keep that bloody monster, but your the one that's gonna have to take care of it. If you ask me for anything, that has to do with that damn thing, it's going to mean your hide!" She threatened and walked back into the house. CJ shook her head and happily plunged back into Miss Parkers arms.

" Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squealed, squeezing her tightly. Miss Parker laughed.

" Your welcome, Darling. Now can you loosen your grip so I can breathe." CJ quickly let to of her and smiled.

" Sorry." She said, laughing. Miss Parker bent down to CJ's height.

" Happy......CJ?" She said, her smile fading. CJ frowned and narrowed her eyes.

" What's wrong, Miss Parker?" Miss Parker licked her lips and took a deep breath.

" CJ, what happened to your lip?" CJ quickly placed her fingers over her lip, slightly panicking.

" I....uh....I ran into the door, trying to get out here this morning. Yeah, clumsy me." Miss Parker smiled sweetly.

" Well, sweety be careful next time. That's one nasty cut."

" I will." CJ said, nodding.

" Well, I got to go. Happy Birthday, CJ." She said, kissing CJ sweetly on the cheek. She stood up straight and headed to her car.

" Miss Parker?" CJ said. Miss Parker turned around and smiled.

" Yes, Darling?"

" Your like a mother I never had." CJ said, sweetly. Miss Parker felt her heart skip a beat.

" Well, CJ....your like a daughter I never had." They smiled sweetly at each other. Miss Parker turned, got in her car, and drove away. CJ looked over at the pony and gently pushed her to start walking. The pony walking along with CJ until they got to an old stable down at the river. She patted the pony on the back and faced her, cradling her head in her hands.

" You need a name...." CJ said, thinking of name for her pony, " Goldie. Your name will be Goldie." She smiled and sat down on an old tool box in front of Goldie. Goldie's eyes slammed into CJ's piercing green ones.

" Were going to be friends forever and ever." Goldie nodded her head, making CJ laugh. She got up and wrapped her arms around Goldie, " No one is going to take you away from me. No one." Goldie rested her head of against CJ softly, hugging her back.
Chapter Five by Babyg
~10 years later~

Everyday, CJ walked the short distance, to the stable's to feed and water, Goldie. CJ would sit with her in her regular spot and talk to Goldie for hours on end. At times she would get the brush and brush her soft silky hair. Goldie loved to be rubbed behind the ears and CJ did that occasionally. She just loved how Goldie would nay and jump around, all exited when she did that. It always brought a smile to her face.

As the years past, the more CJ got in control. Of life and everything around her. Even though it was hard, she learned to ignore or expect rude comments being said about her. She still sang though, every single day, but not in public. She would only sing to Goldie.

It is now eleven years later and CJ, now seventeen, sat in the hot musky stable with Goldie, cleaning her saddle. CJ whipped the sweat off her forehead with the sleeve of her dress. When she was done, she threw the wash cloth in the pail next to her and slowly lifted the saddle and placed it gently on Goldie's back. CJ fastened all the straps until the saddle was on there nice and tight. CJ walked in front of Goldie and lifted her large head up, meeting her eyes.

" I'll be right back." She whispered. CJ picked up the bottom of her skirt and jogged to the house. She entered her room to grab some clean clothes. She jogged back outside to the wash tub. She took off her dress and started to wash her body, using cold water and little soap, which is all the family had. She dried off and put on her clean dress. She wrapped her hair up in a bandanna and headed back to the stable, grabbing her nap sack on the way.

" Okay baby. Time to go." She hoisted herself up on the back of Goldie and Goldie galloped them out of there.

Goldie galloped down Jackson Avenue in a steady stride. CJ wooed her to stop. Goldie obeyed and stopped next to a rack of bicycles. CJ climbed off and tied Goldie's harness to the rail tightly.

" Ok, girl. I'll be back in a little while." CJ kissed Goldie on the nose and Jogged to the building across the street: North Appleton High School.

CJ walked down the crowded hall, people constantly pushing her back. She took a deep breath and stepped to the side, to let the students pass by. When a gap appeared CJ quickly started back down the hall, but was stopped by a bunch of snotty girls.

" Well, well, look what the cat drug in. A dirty little rodent." Victoria Welsh sneered, as her little followers snickered. Victoria was the most popular girl in the school and everybody, even some teachers was terrorized by her.

" Can I please get to my locker, Tori?" CJ said in low voice. Victoria looked behind her, looking over the rows of lockers.

" Oh is this one your locker?" She asked, pointing to the locker behind her. CJ nodded, licking her lips.

" Oh it is is it!" Tori laughed and opened CJ's locker, " We'll see." Victoria reached in and pulled all of CJ's books and papers out. They landed on the floor, paper's scattering everywhere. The kids in the hall stopped and snickered. CJ squeezed her eyes shut. Victoria slowly placed her belonging's in CJ's lockers and putting a lock on it.

" Well Chloe, darling...it's mine now." CJ opened her eyes and saw Victoria 2 ft away from her. " Get out of my way." She pushed CJ roughly out of the way and walked away. CJ felt her face go hot, as she looked around, hundreds of eyes staring back at her. She sighed, feeling the tears coming on. CJ bent down and started to pick up her books.

" Hi, CJ." A voice came in front of her. CJ looked up and sighed. It was Kelly Pierson, one of CJ's class mates.

" Hi." CJ said in a tiny voice.

" Here, let me help you." Kelly said, reaching down and picking up CJ's papers.

" It okay, don't bother."

" No, no. I insist. " Kelly said picking up the rest of the papers. CJ sighed and started to walk away, Kelly right behind her.

" Here you go, CJ." CJ turned around and took the books from Kelly.

" Why are you helping me?" CJ asked. Kelly frowned.

" I didn't want to just sit back and watch you get hurt like that. I thought you could use a friend." CJ took a deep breath.

" Well, I'm fine. So don't waste your time on me." She turned and continued on walking.

" I'm telling you the truth CJ, I'm not the kind of person Victoria is. I care about you, CJ." CJ stopped and slowly turned around, tears in her eyes.

" Why me, Kelly? Why do you care about me?" CJ said, a tear escaping her eye.

" Because I never met someone with so much heart and soul. " Kelly said, hugging Cj tightly. She sighed.

" I never had a real friend before. " Cj whispered. Kelly smiled.

" Yeah well, it's never to late for a friend. " They pulled apart and smiled. Kelly looked down at her watch, " Oh no, were late! Come on!" Kelly grabbed CJ's wrist and they sprinted down the hall.

" Late for what?!"

" The senior Talent Audition!!"

******************

CJ and Kelly ran into the auditorium, unnoticed. The teacher never noticed them sit down.

" Did we miss anything?" Kelly asked the girl next to her.

" No, Ms. Baker is just giving us a lecture about appearance. It's pretty boring." She said rolling her eyes. CJ leaned over Kelly's lap.

" So what's this audition for?" She asked. The girl narrowed her eyes and stared at her.

" Um...well, i'm not really sure. Ms Baker said that all of us will be going up on stage and sing a song or some what. Then she said after everyone's done, the major surprise will come." CJ gave her a small smile and sat back in the chair. The girl looked around nervously. CJ sighed.

" See what I mean." She said, annoyed. Kelly laughed and patted CJ's hand, lightly.

" OKAY." Ms. Baker's loud voice rang out making everyone jump, " I'm going to call on one of you. One at a time, you will come up here and sing a song. I don't care what song, just have one before you step foot on this stage. IF you don't have a song when your times comes, don't even bother getting up. Now when all of you are done, Mr. Harris and I will judge you. Then we will pick the top five most talented students in the senior class. " The class cheered, " Okay, okay, OKAY! The top five winners will stay here until further instructions, while you the other guys will go ahead and return to class. Now is there any questions?" A teenage boy in the audience raised his hand., " Yes, James?"

"Uh...yeah...are you going to tell us what this is for?" James asked. Ms Baker clapped her hands together.

" Well, Mr. Johnson your';ll find that out if your on the top five." She said, smiling.

" Well, that's a crock." James said, making everybody crack up laughing.

" I know what song I'm gonna sing." Kelly squealed, " CJ what about you?" Her smiled faded when she looked at CJ, " CJ?"

" Mmmm." CJ murmured, with a silly grin on her face.

" That's like the first time I've seen you smile in like forever!" CJ laughed.

" I only smile when I sing."

" You sing?" Kelly said, shocked.

" Yup."

----------------

After some long grueling hours it was finally CJ's turn.

" Okay, next....Chloe Martin. " CJ's head snapped up from the chair in front of her. She stood up and straightened her dress. She made her way to the stage.

" Got a song?" Ms Baker sneered. CJ flinched. Even the teachers treated her bad.

" Yes, I do ma'am."

" Good." Ms Baker turned on her head and sat down. CJ took a deep breath and looked out into the audience. Everybody, a good 63 students had their heads back and were sound asleep, except Kelly. CJ looked at Kelly, nervously. She gave her a warm smile and a thumbs up. CJ nodded, closed her eyes and started to sing. A bright light appeared and she found herself on a stage in front of thousands of people once again. All eyes were on her. The words come out beautifully. CJ felt herself flying high, somewhere nobody can ever imagine. She finally opened her eyes as the song came to a stop. She looked out to see all 64 students awake and their eyes on her. Suddenly the crowd bursted out into applause. Kelly ran up on the stage and gave her a big hug. Cj laughed and sat down with her.

" Oh my! What a performance! Okay, everyone settle down. IT's time to announce the top five. And the winners are...." Ms baker bent over and picked up a piece of paper," The winners are...VICTORIA WELSH! ROSE BENNETT! KELLY PIERSON! TREVOR SKYES! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...CHLOE MARTIN!" CJ stood up and ran to the stage. The others groaned and left the auditorium.

" Okay girls...Trevor....guys settle down." The group settled down, but continued to jump a little in excitement., " Now the audition held today was to bring the five most talented girls or boys to compete against each other for a professional singing opportunity. A contract for Jive records." The five interrupted in hysterics and hugged each other tightly, " I know this is short notice, but the train leaves tonight at 9:00 sharp and we should arrive in Orlando Florida, USA by tomorrow afternoon! Now go home and get some rest." Ms Baker smiled and left. Everybody was so excited, but CJ's dream of even getting out of England crashed and Kelly noticed.

" CJ what's wrong?" Kelly frowned and walked over to her, along with the rest of them.

" I...I can't...I can't go." She said sadly. Their eyes widened.

" What? Why?!" Trevor said shocked.

" My parents won't let me go to America, let alone sing. They forbid it." Rose and Victoria groaned.

" Come on Chloe, this is really important! If you don't go, none of us will be able too!!" Rose yelled.

" Look you guys. I do want to go, really I do. It's just that...I just can't. You don't want to know what my parents will do to me if they find this out. I'm sorry." She whipped her eyes before a tear fell and walked away. The other four stared after her.

" Dammit!" Trevor yelled, kicking the side of the piano.

" Why did I have the feeling she was going to ruin this for us." Victoria sneered. Kelly glared at her.

" Oh wake up Victoria!" Victoria turned and charged at her.

" Don't you tempt me, Peirson!! I can't believe----" She was caught off guard when Kelly's fist connected with her nose.

" How dare you treat, CJ like that!! She has done nothing to you!! Do you find it so amusing to kick people while their down?! Don't you see it?! No, I guess you don't, cause your head is stuck way to far up you ass!!" She screamed and ran out of the auditorium. The others stared at her disbelief.

CJ walked Goldie into her stable later that evening. She sighed and flopped down on her bed exhausted. This was her chance to shine and it was ruined. " It's not fair!" CJ thought sadly. She turned over on her sighed and closed her eyes, dreaming of a dream she can just dream.
Chapter Six by Babyg
Scrreeechh!!
A sound came from outside, causing CJ to sit up in bed.
Scrreeeecchh!!
The sound came again, louder this time. CJ pushed the thin blanket off of her and stood up in the middle of the room. She jerked her head toward the sound, as it came the third time.

" What in the bloody hell is that?" She whispered in the dark. She edged her way to the window and peered out.

" Hello?" She called out. It was really dark and really hard to see.

" Hey!" A voice came, followed by a body moving in front of her.

" Holy Shhh....!!" She stumbled back wards and covered her mouth in shock, " Holy cow, Kelly....you gave me a fright." She said clutching her chest and taking deep breaths. Kelly smiled.

" Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." Cj put on her robe.

" What are you doing here?" CJ asked her. Kelly smirked and nodded her head toward the clock. CJ looked over at the clock, then back at Kelly, confused.

" 8:52. So." She said, strugging and sitting down by the window.

" Yeah. IT's 8:52 which means the train leaving for America leaves in eight minutes." CJ's eyes widened and she stood up.

" What?!"

" COme on, Martin. Get your stuff and come on." Kelly said, running out of breath from talking so fast, " Were running out of time."

" Kelly are you out of your bloody mind? I told you already, I can't go!" CJ said in a loud whisper.

" Did you even ask?" Kelly strugged.

" No. And there's no bloody point in asking. " CJ took a deep breath and looked at the clock, " Look I'm sorry, but you wasted your time for even coming here. Now go, hurry before you miss the train." Cj went to close the window, but Kelly grabbed her arm stopping her.

" CJ, when was the last time you actually did something for yourself?" kelly said. CJ took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

" Never."

" Right. This may be the only chance you'll get Cj. If you don't do it now, your time will never come. And if you get caught, I'll tell your parents that I made you sneak out. They hate me anyway." Kelly said, gently letting go of CJ's arm, " What do you say?" CJ's shoulders slumped and after a couple of seconds she finally sighed.

" Okay, hold on." kelly smiled. CJ grabbed her nap sack and shoved all of her clothes in it. She looked at her old bible for a split second before picking it up and placing it gently in the bag. She jogged to the window and quietly slipped out.

" Its that all your going to bring?" CJ looked at her bag then back at Kelly.

" That's all I own." Kelly nodded and they took off running.

" Come on! We should pass through the corn field! It's faster this way!" Kelly explained, while running. Suddenly an Idea came to CJ.

" Wait, Kelly! I got a faster way!" CJ said, running in the other direction.

" Cj, where are you going?!"

" Come on!!" Kelly sighed and ran after her. CJ ran full speed over to the stable. She quickly threw open the door, startling Goldie.

" Shhhh. It's okay, girl." Kelly ran to the stable, stopping in front of the door, " Okay girl. Get ready to run." She patted Goldie on the back, gently. She climbed on and walked her out of the stable.

" Come on." Cj said patting the seat behind her for Kelly to take.

" Oh no, no, no,no not happening CJ!" kelly said, taking a step backwards

" Why not? We now have three minutes."

" When I was seven years old I got bucked off a bloody horse and he just about killed me. So no, Cj. Forget it." Kelly said, turning around to continue running.

" Kelly, do you want to go to America or not?" Kelly stopped and looked at her.

" Yes."

" And do you think you can get to the train on foot on time in 2 minutes and 30 seconds?" Kelly hesitated and pushed a rock around with her foot.

" Probably not."

" Then I advice you...to get your booty...on this horse." She said sternly. Kelly hesitated then slowly walked toward them, " Don't worry Kelly. Goldie is not going to bite you. But if you get in front of her, she'll bite your behind. I know, she did it to me before." CJ said, grabbing Kelly's hand and helping her up. Once on top of Goldie, Kelly automatically locked her arms around CJ.

" I'm putting my life in your hands, CJ." CJ looked at her and grinned.

" Eyah!!" Suddenly Goldie broke into a run, Kelly screaming on the way.

" SLOW THIS THING DOWN!!!!!"

******************

Goldie ran as fast as she could into the train station.

" No, no, no!! The trains leaving!!" CJ stopped Goldie and her and Kelly jumped off, Kelly stumbling on the way.

" Excuse me sir? Can you look after my horse for two weeks? I'm a friend of your wifes, Mrs Parker?" Cj asked pulling Goldie to the man.

" Yes, ma'am." The man smiled.

" Thanks a mill!" Kelly grabbed Cj's arm and they ran their hearts out to try to catch that train.

" WAIT!!!"

" STOP THAT TRAIN!!"

An officer finally poked his head out and offered his hand out to the girls. Kelly grabbed it first and the officer pulled her up on board, safely.

" Come on, Cj!" CJ reached up as far as she could for Kelly's and the officers hand. She grabbed their hands and pulled herself up. The girls stumbled into the sitting area, exhausted.

" Did you promise Goldie you'll write?" Rose said sarcastically. CJ and Kelly cracked up laughing and sat down. The train rolled on to the long trip to Birmingham. From there, first class flights to America.
Chapter 7 by Babyg
The Flight from England to America was long and grueling, but that didn't stop the gang from having fun. They goofed around, ate, slept, and goofed around some more. Luckily, Victoria didn't say a word to CJ, if she did, that would have killed the mood.

CJ sat back in her seat, her mind wondering far from everything else. Was she really doing the right thing? She thought about her parents and what they would do to her if they found out. ' Why the hell am I on this flight? I should have stayed home' She thought sadly. CJ swallowed hard and closed her eyes before tears could spill over. It scared her to think about what would possibly happen....no.... what will happen.

" LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, IF I MAY HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE? WE WILL BE ARRIVING IN ORLANDO FLORIDA, USA IN JUST A FEW MINUTES! IT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED IF YOU FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS AT THIS TIME!! THANK YOU!" A loud voice came over the intercom. CJ slowly opened her eyes and buckled her seat belt.

" Awww...The USA...well the New world as Christopher Columbus called it back in the day." Trevor said, excitedly. He sighed in relief and leaned back in his chair. He frowned when he noticed the girls staring at him like they didn't know a word he said, " You know the sailor that traveled from---"

"Yeah, Trevor, we took World History too, you moron." Rose said, rolling her eyes.

" Why are you so exited to see the " New world"?" Victoria asked, looking out the window and sighing. Trevor grinned and turned toward Victoria.

" Because Tori, America is awesome! I heard you can get by with an easier life there than you can anywhere else." Victoria rolled her eyes.

" Yeah whatever, Trevor. All that's in America is Druggies, gangs, thugs, and-and-and high crime rates, uh..riots, terrorists! Did you forget about what happened in New York City?"

" No..."

" Yeah, exactly what I'm talking about. Now where was I? Oh! They have freaking greasy freaky men that live on the streets with knifes and guns waiting to blow your head off just to get some money off of you." She said taking a deep breath and grunting, " If I had my way, I would live anywhere besides America." Kelly rolled her eyes.

" Like America's not the only one with Crime, every single country has it. It's not America that's bad. It's the people. They just all have sick minds and should be put away." Victoria was about to say something but Rose got there first.

" I'm only exited to go to Orlando, because they have DISNEY WORLD!" She said excitedly.

" Okay, All I'm saying is that there are crimes in all cities, big and small all around the world." Kelly said, tightening her seat belt. Trevor straigned his collar of his shirt.

" Well, I don't." He said.

" Okay, Trev. Why don't you try living in New York City or New Orleans for that matter. Or better yet, just put yourself in their shoes and see how long you last." CJ said, finally speaking up. She had her head back and her eyes closed the entire time they were talking.

" Oh yeah, speaking of New Orleans, do you guys know what happened to the city and the people several months back?" Rose said. CJ opened one eyes and looked at her.

" I think they do Rose, That's the point I was trying to get at."

" Oh." Rose said flatly and sat back in her chair.

" Yeah. It was so sad. All those people..." Victoria spoke. Kelly gasped.

" Oh my God, Victoria. That's like the first time you ever cared about someone else other than yourself." Kelly said, CJ cracking up. Victoria glared at her.

" Okay, girls, thats enough. The planes landing..." Ms. Baker told them. They all went silent as the plane started to land.

---------------

The plane landed with ease and everybody started to get off.

" I hate planes." Rose said, sitting down in a chair in the lobby of the Airport. The other's sat down as well.

" Your going to have to go on another one when this thing is over." Kelly told her. Rose went silent.

" Well, then I guess I'll stay right here then." She said sighing.

" No your not, your going home." Ms. Baker said, calmly, " The one who doesn't go home is the one who wins this competition." They all fell silent for a few minutes. Ms. Baker sighed and looked at her watch.

" What's wrong, Ms Baker?" CJ asked.

" Oh, our rides not here yet."

" Do you even know who's picking us up?" Victoria said in a snotty tone.

" Yeah, the head chief adviser of this compitition, Ray Johnson. I went to school with him years ago when I was taking extra courses at the University." The others looked at each other with grins on their face.

" Coolness. Is he British?" Rose asked.

" No, he's American. Born and raised."

" Mmm. Go figure." Victoria snorted. Trevor hit her in the arm to shut her up. She glared at him. Kelly sighed and looked over at Cj.

" CJ, what's wrong?" Kelly asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes slightly.

" Yeah, CJ, we been on that plane for eight hours and I barely heard a peep out of you." Trevor said moving closer to her. CJ was silent. She closed her eyes and ignored them.

" Leave her alone. She's just tired." She said putting her arm around CJ.

" Oh there's Mr. Johnson! Come on guys, get your luggage and lets go!" They all got up and got their luggage.

" Cj, when we get to the hotel. I want you to take a nap, Okay." Kelly said. CJ sighed and pulled her nap sack over her shoulder.

" I'm not tired." She flatly said and started to walk along with the others. Kelly sighed heavily.

" Okay fine." Kelly said sternly. She grabbed CJ's arm and turned her around, " But when we get there, I need to talk to you." With saying that she walked away.

" Okay..."

They followed Ms. Baker outside, where a black SUV parked in the parking lot. They spotted a middle age man put his arms out to Ms. Baker and give her a big hug. They smiled and walked up to them.

" Ms. Joan Baker, how are you?" He said happily, breaking the hug.

" I am fine! It's been so long! How are you?" Ray sighed happily.

" Well, I'm remarried..." He said nodding. Ms. Baker covered her mouth.

" Really?"

" Yup. It's going good. Life couldn't be better. I have a good job and I'm so flattered to be running this Competition." He smiled and looked behind her, " Are these your talented kids?" Ms. Baker looked behind her.

" Oh yes, they are! Kids, this is Mr. Johnson. Ray these are the kids I picked, this is Rose Bennett, Victoria Welsh, CJ Martin, Kelly Pierson, and Trevor Skye's." She said, introducing them to Mr. Johnson.

" Well, Hello! How are you?"

" Fine."

" Very well, Thank you."

" Hi."

" How do you do?"

" Sup!"

Mr. Johnson laughed, " It's a pleasure to meet you all! I assure you, you will have an amazing time here. Orlando is the place to be. There's great food, awesome clubs, lots of sight seeing, many places to shop and of course DISNEY WORLD." Rose squealed when she heard that. They all smiled.

" Okay, well, I think were already to go. Let me get your bags." He gently took the bags and placed them in the trunk, " Okay...let's do this thing."

" Okay, kids come on." Ms. Baker shooed them into the SUV. They got in and sat down comfortingly.

" I hate it when she calls us kids." Trevor groaned.
Chapter Eight by Babyg
The gang sat in the SUV, listening to Mr. Johnson and Ms. Baker chatter away. They laughed and laughed at each other's lame jokes. The gang groaned and slumped in their seats.

" Hey, Mr. Johnson?" Trevor said. He continued on talking, " Mr. Johnson...freeze..like half time?" Mr Johnson stopped talking and looked at Trevor.

" What can I do for you Mr. Skye's?" He smiled.

" Where exactly are we going?"

" I hope it's the hotel first. I need my beauty sleep before I do my thing." Victoria said. Rose rolled her eyes.

" Oh, your my dream come true." She said sarcastically. Victoria shot her a dirty look. Mu Johnson chuckled.

" Actually, right now we are headed to the venue where your auditions will be held next week. We have interviews sat up for each of you when we get there, so don't go wondering around. Later your going to be judged on you appearance. Now I better warn you right now, that this people judging you are not the nicest people in the world. They are very strict and won't tolerate any nonsense . So if your the angry or emotional type, I suggest you hold your feeling in until you get back to the hotel." He told them. CJ looked down at what she was wearing. ' Their going to judge you on you appearance? Well I'm screwed.' All she wore was a dress two sizes too small on and she was a total mess. CJ never thought she was pretty and that's the reason why everybody hated her. For once in here lifetime, she wishes someone will love her for what they see on the inside and the outside. To her, that's never gonna happen. But what she knows...may be wrong.

" Don't worry, Mr. Johnson. There won't be any problems." Victoria said with a smirk.

" I hope not. I would hate for one of you talented young adults be sent home before the week is over." He warned them. They agreed and stayed silent for the rest of the ride to the venue

The SUV slowed to a stop in front of a huge luxurious building.

" Okay you guys. When we go in I want you to grab a coke and a smile and be on your best behavior." Ms Baker said sternly. Behind her, Trevor was mocking her, " That means you too, Trevor!" Trevor stopped and went silent, making everyone of laughing. They all walked up to the building and walked in. They gasped loudly at the sight of the inside. They were too busy gawking at the beautiful venue, they didn't see some angry looking group of people on the stage, staring them down. One of them cleared their throat loudly, causing the gang to jump back startled.

" ARE YOU NORTH APPLETON?!" A woman in her mid forties rang across the huge auditorium.

" Yeah, were the coke at?" Trevor yelled back. Both Kelly and Rose, slapped him upside the head, " What, I'm thirsty." He said rubbing his head.

" Uh, yes, were North Appleton ma'am." Kelly told them.

" Your late! GET OVER HERE!!" An old looking guy snapped. They all jumped at his outburst and raced to the stage. When they got there, they knew that these two weeks were going to be the longest of their lives.

******************

The old guy charged at them in a mad rage.

" You were supposed to be here at 12:00! It's now 12:03! If your late one more time, kiss your audition goodbye!!" He boomed. The gang flinched. They nodded slowly.

" LINE UP!!" He yelled. They quickly lined up, " Stand up straight, shoulders back!" He informed them.

" Dude, what is this? The military?" Trevor snickered. The guy changed toward him and stuck his face in his, literally.

" Did I say you can speak?!"

" No, sir."

" You must've not have heard me A-hole!! Did I say you can speak?!" Trevor breathed hard, his eyes wide. He shook his head, repeatedly.

" Very good. Now, the two weeks you are, you will not---I say NOT, cheat yourselves out of anything! You will not go out partying! You will not be LATE! You will do as your guardian tells you! And most of all, under any circumstances you will not assume that you will walk out of this country as a winner. Cause in reality...there are no winners. You guys on the other hand are losers. During the your auditions, you can just stand up on this stage, sing your gay little song and look pretty. Some of you may be able to pull that off....but the rest of you can keep on dreaming." He said harshly. The gang glanced at each other, all of them except CJ. She tried her hardest to keep her tears in. The guy walked back up to them and stared them down hard.

" Now....appearence time." He first walked up to Victoria.

Vict: " Too slutty."

Rose: " Not pretty."

Kelly: " Too Pretty."

Trevor: " No comment."

Finally he reached CJ. He stood there for a long time staring at her like she was an alien. It made CJ very nervous and she did her best to avoid eye contact. Then he started to laugh.

" Ms. Baker?"

" Sir?"

" Where did you find this one?" He glared at CJ, " The garbage?" He said coldly.

" I just have one thing to say to you, " CJ swallowed hard, " .....Dis-gusting." Victoria snickered, causing him to snap his head in her direction, his eyes blazing.

" This business....is all about the money, the talent, and the looks. This business only wants the talented good looking Artists. But I have to admit, you guys may have talent, if you didn't you wouldn't be here right now, but....you don't have the looks. None of you. I just think you all wasted your time even coming down here. " He said coldly, " Mrs. Davis?" He snapped. A woman in her late twenties jumped.

" Sir?"

" I'm done with these no good-talentless-ugly mothers. Their all yours." He turned on his head and walked out of the venue, slamming the door behind him.

" Okay, you guys can breathe now. " Mrs Davis said. They all let out their breath they have been holding in for so long. Anger and disappointment ran across their faces.

" Okay, you guys my name is Mrs. Davis, but you can all call me Jessica." She said nicely, " I will be interviewing each of you in just a short while. Now...for the millionth time today, I would like to apologized for Mr. Gardner's behavior. Your not the only group he was so hateful too. The group before you got it ten times worse than you just did. But you guys just got to understand something about Mr. Gardner. He's just being the way he is, because he's trying to teach you guys." Jessica told them.

" Teach us what exactly?" Rose spoke softly. Jessica's look softened.

" He's trying to get you to see the negative harsh bull crap that goes on in this business. The bosses, the criticizing, the pressure. Some people think it's easy, but you know what...it's not. Mr. Gardner is a very nice man. But the way he spoke to you guys just now, was his job. If you going to survive in this business, you gonna have to learn to believe in yourself and ignore it." Jessica looked at CJ and walked over to her, " If not, you won't make it." She whispered to CJ. She bowed her head and nodded slowly.

" Sweetie, do you come from a poor family?" She asked.

CJ sighed, " Yes ma'am. I do."

" Where in England do you live?"

" I live in London. Well...not in London, but about 5 miles South of London. " A sad look spread across Jessica's face.

" How often do you go shopping?"

" I never went shopping. I never really go into the city, only to go to school." Jessica nodded.

" So, you don't get anything for Christmas? Your Birthday?"

CJ lowered her eyes, " We don't celebrate Christmas." She said sadly. Jessica crossed her arms in front of her chest.

" What about your birthday?"

" No. But I did get something for my birthday from a dear friend of mine." CJ said, smiling a little.

" What did you get?"

" I was six years old, going on Seven and my friend got me a pony. It took her years to come up with the money to get her for me. She got me just one thing every year and I was blessed for that." Jessica frowned.

" So, you family doesn't celebrate your birthday? Why?" CJ looked at her sadly.

" They just don't care." Jessica flinched. ' That poor girl. I think she needs this more than anybody.' Jessica thought to herself. She smiled and moved a piece of hair.

" You are so pretty." CJ shook her head.

" No, I'm not....."

" Sweety....yes you are. It's not your fault that you look like this, but were gonna fix you up nicely." CJ's eyes lip up.

" Don't worry, Jessica. I got it covered." Kelly said, winking at CJ. Her eyes widened and she turned her attention to Jessica.

" Now...one two more questions." She smiled, " What's your name? And how old are you?"

CJ smiled, " My name is Chloe Jaylyne Martin and I'm seventeen years old." Jessica smiled and gave her a hug. They parted, Jessica smiling sweetly at her.

" Okay...interview time for everyone except CJ." Jessica said laughing.

" Wait! Why not CJ?" Trevor asked. Jessica smirked.

" Cause I already interviewed her, " She said smiling, " Your turn."
Chapter 9 by Babyg
The gang burst through the doors of the venue, chatting happily. They walked toward the SUV, where Mr. Johnson was waiting. They all jumped in the car.
" Mr. Johnson? To the mall!" Kelly told him. He gave her a smile and a nod.

****************

They arrived at the mall, a couple of minutes later. They piled out of the car and glanced up at the place most girls call home.
Man, American Malls are so much bigger than the one's we have at home!" Rose said, happily. They giggled and jumped up and down excitedly.
" Come on!" They ran to the entrance.
" Girls wait---'' Ms. Baker smiled and jogged after them.
'' Ms Baker?'' Trevor said, stopping her, " Hey, I'm gonna go do some shopping on my own. Hanging out with a bunch of girls is not very good for my health." He joked, a smile plastered on his face. She gave him a stern look.
'' Whatever, Trevor. '' She said shaking her head, '' I'll call you when were ready to go back to the hotel, Okay?" Trevor nodded and headed off in the other direction, " Stay out of trouble!"
" MS BAKER, COME ON!" The girls yelled, standing by the big granite doors, ready to go in. She jogged the rest of the way to them.

*****************

First, they entered a gown store, gasping as they walked in.
" Holy Cow!" Victoria gasped. She looked around and spotted a certain dress.
" CJ?" CJ looked over at Victoria and jogged over, " This one is nice, don't you think?" The dress was strapless. It was a beautiful red sequin dress.
" Where am I going to get the boobs for that?" CJ said, raising her eyebrows. Victoria looked at the dress and frowned.
" Mmmm...true." They laughed and Rose pulled CJ over to another gorgeous dress. Once CJ laid eyes on that dress, she knew right then, that it was perfect. I was also a red dress with black and white sequins on it.
" Oh, I love it!" She took it off the rack and put if up to her body, spinning herself around like a princess. The squealed and jumped up and down.
" Have you found something you like?" A retail clerk said. CJ took a deep breath.
" Yes ma'am, I did." She said with a huge grin. The clerk took the dress out of CJ's hands and looked at it for a split second, before looking back up at CJ, with a hard stare.
" I don't think you'll be interested in this one."
CJ frowned, " Why?''
" Well, for starters....a girl like you would be flat out crazy to think that you would look good in it and number two....this dress is $500, like you would be able to afford that." She said coldly. CJ stared at her with wide eyes. Victoria growled and ripped the dress out of the lady's hands.
" You know, you may be an American but you have no right to just walk up to a poor innocent girl and tell her she can't buy a dress! Were buying this dress and it's going to look damn good on her too." Victoria struck back. She handed the dress back to CJ, " Now do us a favor. Loose the attitude." The clerk glared at her. They turned and paid for the dress. CJ looked at Victoria nervously.
" Thanks Tori." She said sweetly. Victoria glanced at her and gave her a small smile.

********************

They went from store to store, trying on all the coolest clothes. When they were done they raced out of the mall, laughing happily and having a good time. CJ wore a slim pair of low riders with a sparkly cami, and a demin jacket that went over it. She stopped at a dumpster and threw her old clothes in it with a smile. A few minutes later they arrived at the beauty salon.
" Can I help you?" The hairstylist asked, sweetly.
" You see this hair?" Kelly said showing the lady, CJ's hair, " Major fixin." CJ laughed. The girl grinned.
" I know the exact style, for ya!" She grabbed CJ's hand and pulled her into a room. She sat her down in a chair and ran to go get her stuff. She came back and started to do her thing.
" I can't believe this is happening." CJ cried in happiness, " It seems like a dream." Kelly kneeled down in front of her and grabbed her hand.
" You never have to dream again, CJ. Your dreams are coming true."
CJ smiled, " Thanks to you. Thanks to all of you, guys." They awed and gave her a warm smile.

*********************

An hour later the girl that did CJ's hair stepped into the other room, with a huge grin.
" Girls, you ready?" She asked them. All of them nodded excitedly and turned their attention to the door, waiting to see their friend.
" CJ?" Slowly, but surely, CJ emerged from the hall into the room. Automatically the room filled with screams and cheers. They all hugged her tightly. Happy tears escaped CJ's eyes. She couldn't believe, that the most beautiful gift was happening so fast. Just yesterday, she was miserable and thought she would never escape the harsh livings in her family. Now her world was turned right side up, where it was down, since she was born. It was the best feeling she ever felt.
" You look beautiful...CJ." Victoria said, with a warm smile. CJ felt a whole lot of pressure lift from her shoulders as she gazed into Victoria's smiling face.
" Thanks Tori." She said happily. The smiled at each other and CJ knew everything was going to be okay between them, now and forever.....

********************

" So how much do I owe you?" Ms. Baker asked the hairstylist. She shook her head and held up her hand.
" It's on the house." She smiled. CJ ran over and gave the girl a hug.
" Thank you so much!"
The girl laughed, " Your welcome, honey! I'm always here when you need me. My name is Sarena Hughes, so don't hesitate to call me, Okay." CJ smiled and nodded.
" Bye!" The girls waved and left.

***************

" Its getting late, maybe we should head back to the hotel." Ms. Baker said, pulling out her cell phone and dialing a number.
" Okay, but first I'm going to get an ice cream. CJ come with me." Kelly said, spotting an ice cream store, pulling CJ along with her.
" Kelly, I got to ask you a question." CJ said, walking up to the counter.
'' What is it, C?" She said, tucking a piece of CJ's hair behind her ear.
" Something is really confusing me. I don't know if it's because of my transformation or....what, but why is Victoria being so sweet to me?" Kelly's eyes widened and she pressed her lips together.
" That is a very interesting story, CJ." Kelly said, giving a small laugh, " It happened after you went home after the audition. Ummm....Victoria was saying everything was your fault and it set me off pretty bad."
" What did you do?"
" I got up in her face and screamed at her and um....punched her...pretty hard." CJ laughed and grabbed her ice cream.
" Oh my God!"
" I guess I knocked some sense into her. Literally!" They laughed.
" Let me go get some napkins." Kelly nodded and CJ went to go get some napkins. She walked to the end of the counter where the napkins were. She reached forward at the exact time, someone else did.
" OH!" CJ pulled her hand back, startled. She looked up, her eyes landing on a very good looking guy. CJ stared up at the guy for a long while. He smiled at her. Oh, what a beautiful smile it was.
" Here, allow me." He smiled and pulled out a napkin and handed it to her. She grabbed the napkin, her eyes still on the guy.
" Thank you." She said, finally finding her voice. The guy smiled that magnificent smile once more again and laughed.
" Let me guess. England?"
CJ smiled," Yeah."
" Is this the first time, here?"
" Yeah, I just got here around noon." The guy smiled and nodded.
" Cool. So what's your name?" He asked with a smirk.
" CJ. CJ Martin."
" I'm Aaron." He extended out his hand and shook hers politely, " What's 'CJ' stand for?
" Chloe Jaylyne." He smiled and held her hand lightly in his.
" That's beautiful." He said sweetly. CJ felt her heart skip a beat. She smiled.
" Thank you. Um...I got to go. It was a pleasure meeting you." She said, shaking his hand once more.
" The pleasure's all mine." CJ smiled and slowly walked back to Kelly. She glanced back at Aaron and gave him a small wave, before stepping back outside with Kelly.
" CJ....who was that?" Kelly said with wide eyes.
" A very drop dead gorgeous guy, named Aaron." She said, dreamily.
" Drop dead gorgeous is correct." Kelly then frowned, " Wait. Aaron who?"
CJ shrugged, " He didn't say his last name. But I bet his last name is as beautiful as his first."
" He looked familiar."
CJ looked at her confused, " Huh?"
" He looked exacltly like Aaron Carter."
" Aaron Carter? Who's Aaron Carter??" Kelly thought, then shrugged.
" Uh...nobody. Just nobody." Kelly rushed and jogged backup to the others.
" Really, cause he looked like someone to me................

**********************************

Meanwhile, back at London, the Martin Family was in a frenzy. They awoke, to find CJ and Goldie both missing.
" Were doing all we can to find your daughter, Mrs. Martin." The Sheriff said, trying to calm her down.
" You better find her!! You better find her and bring her ass back home where she's supposed to be!!!" She screamed. The sheriff nodded and left. Mrs. Martin paced the living room in a mad rage.
" When that little bitch gets home, she's gonna pay for it!!!!!!"
Chapter Ten by Babyg
CJ couldn't believe this big perfect dream a girl can ever have, was happening to her. She felt like she could fly and most of all, she felt like a new woman. She met the most gorgeous guy ever. She wished she knew how he felt about her. But what CJ didn't understand is how Kelly knew him. Who is Aaron Carter? Sure, he did say his name was Aaron, but he never mentioned his last name. But some how Kelly knew...........
They arrived at the hotel a half hour later, finding Trevor already sitting on the couch watching TV.
" So what did you do all day, Trev?" Rose said, sitting down next to him....
" Kelly. Tell me again..." CJ said to Kelly, while entering the other room. Kelly sighed and sat down at the table. CJ followed suit.
" The guy you talked to was Aaron Carter. He----"
" Whoa, back up. Who's Aaron Carter?" Kelly laughed, getting up and getting them some drinks.
" Aaron Carter is eighteen years old and is one of America's hottest young artist. He's had four top 40 singles and the youngest solo artist ever to achieve that. Did you know, his singing career began in Europe?" CJ's eyes widened.
" Really?"
Kelly nodded, " Really. And he is so talented, gorgeous, sexy, fine.......gorgeous, sexy, fine...."
CJ laughed, " He's just perfect." Kelly looked up at her and grinned.
" Your in love I can tell!" CJ giggled and her face turned a shade of pink, " Awe your blushing." CJ covered up her face and laughed.
" Yeah today was---THE FINEST WOMAN I EVER SEEN!!!" Trevor beamed and ran over to CJ. She looked back at him with wide eyes, " Whatever you want, baby...you'll get. And when you ever you need me....I'm right here, babe." He kissed her hand over and over, CJ staring at him in disbelief.
" Trevor.....what are you doing?" Trevor stopped in the middle of a kiss and slowly struck back. He smiled nervously and looked at Kelly.
" Kelly. Who is this?" Kelly smirked and leaned forward.
" Trevor....that's CJ." His eyes got wide when he heard those words. CJ.........
"C-CJ?" She nodded and rolled her eyes. He looked at CJ once more, before fainting. CJ stood up and leaned over him.
" Uh.....Trevor?"

***************************

" Oh my God, Craig, she is so beautiful." Aaron said dreamily, laying down on his bed, sinking into his pillows.
" You think every chick you meet is fine." Craig said, looking at Aaron's Cd's. Aaron propped himself upon one arm and gazed at him.
" This is different, man. I felt the exact same way when I first met Britney."
" Love at first sight?" Aaron smiled and bit his lip.
" Yeah....." Craig laughed and shook his head.
" I don't believe in love at first sight." Craig said. Aaron rolled his eyes.
" Well then your stupid." He said, laying back down.
" Wait a minute! Why is it that every time you meet a fine looking girl, I'm never with you?" Craig said, looking at him with wide eyes. Aaron looked at the ceiling in thought.
" Bad timing?" Craig rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at him. Aaron caught it and leaned back, " God I wish I can see her again."
" Dude, just forget about her. You can have any girl you want. Not some rare one that came bouncing out of England."
" I want her, Craig. I want CJ......"
Chapter Eleven by Babyg
Aaron and Craig walked down the sidewalk in front of the Brass Monkey.

" Just forget about her...." Craig sang, making Aaron annoyed.

" Why don't you shut you mouth, Velger." Aaron said, getting ready to open the door to the Brass Monkey, when he stopped staring inside the restaurant. A smile spread across his face and his heart started to beat faster. He gripped the door handle tightly, hesitating to go in.

" Aaron, what are---oh." Craig started to say but figured it out what Aaron was looking at. Aaron finally opened the door and stepped in. Craig sighed heavily and followed him.

" So thats her, huh?" Craig, said looking over at CJ.
Aaron smiled, " Yeah." Aaron watched her closely. She sat with a bunch of other girls, talking and laughing. Aaron sucked in a deep breath as he gazed upon her beauty. Her smile made his heart flutter. Her laugh made him go weak in the knees. Aaron took a deep breath, " Okay, I'm gonna to talk to her. " He said, looking at Craig who had been gawking at some other girl at another table.

" You go do that buddy." Craig said patting Aaron on the back, " There's a Honey over there and I really want to meet her." He said, taking off to go meet that girl. Aaron took a deep breath and rubbed his hands together. He rubbed his hands on his jeans and finally started to walk toward her.

" CJ?" He said, placing a hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and her eyes lightened up.

" Aaron hey!" She reached forward and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

" Hey. I was hoping I would get to see you again." He said with a smile. CJ felt her heart skip a beat.

" Awww..." She glanced at Kelly, who's eyes were wide and her mouth hanging open, " Uh..." CJ giggled and pulled up Kelly's chin and holding it still, " I'm happy to see you too. " Aaron chuckled and took a glance at Kelly, who was still staring. Suddenly she jumped from her seat and stood between them.

" Hey, Aaron! My name is Kelly Pierson! One of CJ's friends." She rushed, shaking his hand with a silly grin on her face, " It's nice to meet you, Aaron!"

Aaron laughed, " It's nice to meet you, Kelly."

" Dude, can I have you autograph?" She asked jumping all over him. Aaron laughed and put his hands on her shoulders, to calm her down.

" Sure!" She squealed in delight and looked around. She spotted a pen and quickly grabbed it.

" Uh...you can sigh...right here!" She said pointing to her chest. CJ's eye's widened in dismay over how excited one person can get over another human being. Aaron smiled and quickly wrote down his autograph. Kelly squealed once more and quickly dropped down to the ground and kissed both of his feet. Aaron grinned awkwardly, when she did that. She shot up from the ground and hugged him with all of her might.

" Thank you soooo much, Aar!!! God your beautiful---Okay CJ, he's all your's!" Kelly said, quickly walking over too Rose, who was laughing her butt of over Kelly's little, 'scene'. Both Aaron and CJ had a blank look on their face. They looked at each other and laughed. Aaron sighed and took a seat next to CJ.

" Kelly told me about you last night." CJ smiled. Aaron almost choked on his own breath.

" Uh....she did?"

CJ nodded, " Yup. When she told me, I had no idea who you were. She was going gaga over you, just like she did. I thought she was crazy!" She said, laughing. Aaron sighed in relief and laughed along with her.

"Yeah. I have some pretty wild fans."

" I bet. So how long have you been singing?"

" Oh, for about eight years now."

" I want to become a singer. That's why me, Kelly and three of my other friends are here. Were competing against one another, for a chance to be signed with Jive Records for a professional singing career."

" Really?"

CJ nodded, " Yup."

" Wow. I used to be signed to Jive. I'm with Transcontinental now."

" Cool." Aaron looked at her and placed his hand on her shoulder. He gently ran his finger along her jawline.

" Are you doing anything tonight?" CJ looked at him, smiling.

" Nothing, yet. Why?" She said placing her hand over his, softly.

" You--you want to go out with me tonight?" He asked, his voice soft. CJ's soft eyes, slammed into his.

" You mean....like a date?"

Aaron smiled, " Yeah. I would really like to take you out."

" Why me?"

Aaron shrugged, " Well, you beautiful and special. I think your amazing. Inside and out." CJ smiled and looked away, biting her lip. Her heart fluttered, when he said those words. For the first time in her life, someone actually liked her. But most of all, said she was beautiful. CJ looked up and stared up into his eyes, getting lost in them.

" I would love to go out with you." She reached up and kissed him softly on the cheek. She pulled away but kept her head on his shoulder. Aaron wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Craig ran over and pulled him away.

" Dude, it's noon. We got to go help you dad."

" Oh yeah!" He looks at CJ and gave her a warm hug, " Meet me here at 7:00, K?" CJ smiled and nodded. Aaron left and Kelly came walking up.

" Did he ask you out?" She asked. CJ hesitated, with a smile.

" Yup!" She said, interrupting in hysterics along with Kelly.
Chapter 12 by Babyg
CJ stood in front of the mirror straightening out her blouse. She gazed upon herself, shocked to see how much she changed. Just yesterday she was this ugly, raggedy seventeen year old girl. Now, she was a beautiful young woman. CJ smiled to herself like first meeting a polite person. She took a deep breath, nervous about seeing Aaron again. She wondered if Aaron would still like her if she still looked the way she did, before she became beautiful. CJ shook that thought out of her mind. ' No! The old CJ is in the past and will never show up again. This is the new CJ. I am CJ Martin!'
CJ took one more good look at herself before retreating to the bathroom.

" You look so pretty." Kelly said, coming up behind her. CJ smiled and ran her fingers through her hair, " Stop messing with your hair." She playfully slapped CJ's hand away. CJ laughed and sighed. Kelly grinned and draped her arm around CJ.

" I think your ready." Kelly said. CJ didn't smile, her face was blank and confused, " What's wrong?"

" What if he doesn't really like me?" CJ said, a sad look on her face.

Kelly gasped, " Oh my God, CJ! He is crazy about you. I could tell by looking at him earlier." Kelly moved a piece of hair out of CJ's face, " He's head over heals, I can tell." CJ sighed and shook her head slightly and sat down on the toilet seat.

" I like him at lot too...but"

" But what?! Kelly kneeled down in front of her took her hands in hers.

" I've waited seventeen years to find love for the first time. And when I think I have, it won't last. I'm only here for two weeks, Kell. I don't want to start a relationship like that. Fall in love and the next your thousands of miles away. " CJ lowered her head sadly.

" You won't go home if you win this thing." Kelly said. CJ looked up at her.

" I'm not going to win."

" CJ you have the best voice I have ever heard. You are going to win this."

CJ frowned, " It seems to me that your doubting yourself." Kelly bit her lip and stood up.

" I'm not doubting myself. " She said, looking in the mirror and fixing her hair, " I don't have any competition with you, CJ. Maybe Victoria does, but I don't. All I have to say...." She looked at her, " Let the best one win." CJ looked at her and smiled.

" Come here." CJ got up and stood up in front of her. Kelly got the brush and started to brush CJ's hair, " So....did Goldie really bite your butt?"

CJ giggled, " Yeah she did. I was fifteen and I went out to water her. I stood in front of her and bent over to pick something up from the ground. And Goldie she leaned her neck down and bit me!" CJ and Kelly laughed," It didn't feel very good."

" I bet it didn't." Suddenly, singing ran through the air.

" I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE! YOU OTHER HORSES CAN'T DENY....." Trevor, Rose, and Victoria sang while standing in the doorway of the bathroom. CJ and Kelly doubled over in laughter.
Chapter Thirteen by Babyg
Kelly parked the car in front of the Brass Monkey. CJ took a deep breath and looked out the window. Kelly rested her hand on the back of CJ' neck. CJ turned and smiled weakly at her.

" Wish me luck."

Kelly smiled, " Good luck, CJ"

CJ took another breath and opened the door and stepped out.

" Have fun!" Cj looked in the window and gave her a happy smile and wave. Kelly drove away. CJ walked toward the Brass Monkey in a steady pace. She opened the door and looked around from table to table. Her mouth opened slightly and confusion appeared on her face. Aaron was nowhere to be found. ' Where is he?" She thought confused. She walked to a nearby table and sat down. " Was he blowing me off? So much of a first love." She thought sadly.

" Hi. Can I help you?" A very nice woman in a uniform came up and said. To CJ, it looked like she worked there. She smiled.

" Um....yeah. Can I have a diet coke, please?" The lady wrote down her order.

" Be right up." CJ nodded and sat there silently.

**********************

~ 30 mins later~

CJ sat at the table, sipping on her coke. She glanced at her watch and sighed. Still no Aaron. The bell above the door, rang loudly. CJ looked up and saw Aaron, just now walking through the door. She stood up and spotted her. CJ smiled nervously, as he came closer.

" Hi."

" Hey, " He held her hands and kissed her cheek, " I'm sorry I'm late. My dad wouldn't let me leave, until he was done talking to me." He let out a deep breath and squeezed her hands, " Kinda bad for a first date, huh?"

CJ shook her head, " I wouldn't know. But I'm glad your here anyway." He smiled and pulled her into a tight hug. CJ shivered.

" Are you cold?" He said, pulling away slightly.

" No. I'm fine." She held on to him tighter. She never knew love could feel like this. And she wishes it will never end. To bad it will......maybe.
Chapter Fourteen by Babyg
" So where are we going?" CJ asked, as they made their way toward their destination.

Aaron smiled, " There's a carnival in town this week. And I thought it would be fun to go check it out."

CJ nodded, " Cool. Um.....what's a carnival?" She asked a little nervous. Aaron looked at her blankly, then smiled.

" You don't get out much do you?"

" I haven't been out at all." CJ said, shaking her head sadly. Aaron cleared his throat.

" Well.......a carnival is sorta like a circus. You have loads of games, food, entertainment and most of all, rides." He told her.

" Sounds like a blast!" She said, her eyes sparkling. Aaron breathed in, as he locked eyes with her.

" It is." He whispered, " That's why I want to take you." CJ smiled, her heart fluttering around like a bunch of butterflies. They sat for a couple of minutes in silence.

" Aw! Here we are?" He pulled into a crowded parking lot. He found a parking spot without too much difficulty.

" Allow me." He said, getting out of the drivers seat and walking over to CJ's side and holding the door open for her. He offered her his hand.

" Thank you." She placed her small hand inside his and climbed out of he's red Dodge pickup. Aaron pulled out a beautiful red rose and handed it to her. She gasped lightly and took in it's scent. She opened her eyes and looked up into Aaron's chocolate brown eyes.

" It's Beautiful. Thank you." She kissed his cheek softly.

Aaron smiled, " Every time, I see you, you remind me of a very unique red rose, all by itself in a rose bush, ready to bloom. And when it does it's the rarest and most beautiful of all." CJ's heart stopped at that exact moment. She felt herself blush a little. She bit her lip, " Thank you." Aaron smiled and wrapped his arms around her, resting his forehead up against hers.

" Let's go!" He grabbed her hand and they jogged over to the entrance. CJ looked around in awe.

" Wow! There's a lot of people here!" She smiled and held her rose tighter.

" Carnivals are a lot of fun. People come all around the state, just to have a night of fun." CJ looked up at him lovingly.

" A perfect place to have a first date." She said. Aaron smiled and kissed her forehead, " Speaking of a date, where are you taking me next?"

Aaron looked at her and smiled, " It's a surprise." CJ smiled and cuddled up closer to him. She loved surprises, and she couldn't wait to see what Aaron had in stores for her.

" Oh Aaron, look!" She pointed to a throw the darts game! Aaron smiled and they jogged over, " What do you do here?" She asked. She took a deep breath, wondering is she's asking to many questions all at once, especially dumb questions like the one she just asked. Probably 99.9% of the people in England think she's probably stupid, not knowing what a carnival is or who the spice girls are. She snapped out of her thoughts, when she heard Aaron sigh. ' Oh no.' She thought nervously.

" Well, you throw the darts, at the balloons and try to pop as many as you can. If you pop at least one....you get a prize." CJ loosened up when he smiled at her sweetly. She stepped to the side.

" You want to show a lady how it's done, Mr. Carter?" She flirted with him. Aaron smiled and laughed.

" Sure." He walked up to the front of the stand and took the darts in his hand. He missed the first time, then he missed the second time. CJ laughed.

" Okay, okay......." He took his jacket off and handed it to CJ. He picked up the last dart, taking a deep breath. CJ, giggled at the pasture he gave. He got ready, aimed, and fired. BAM! He got it!

" Yes!" CJ giggled in excitement and ran over to him. The guy behind the counter, handed Aaron a big polar bear. He turned toward CJ and smiled, holding the bear out in front of him.

" Third time the charm." CJ blushed, as he gave her the bear.

" Your the sweetest. Thank you." They smiled. Aaron spotted a cotton candy stand and smiled big.

" I feel a sugar rush coming on."

" What?"

" Cotton Candy." He grabbed her hand and walked over, " What color do you want?" He asked. CJ looked at the colors and smiled.

" Blue."

" Two blues please." The woman working behind the stand handing them their orders. Aaron grabbed the cotton candies and thanked the lady. CJ looked up and saw a huge ride, that really sparked her interest. She looked up at Aaron and noticed he was looking at it too.

" Oh, that looks like tremendous fun! Let's go on it!" They ran over and stood in the long line to get on.

" They have this ride every year. It's really fun."

" What's it called, the swing ride?"

" No. You know I don't even know what it's called. I guess you can call it the swing ride. You just sit in a swing, buckle up and then it will take you about 100ft in the air, going in circles. Slow at first and then it goes faster and faster. Are you afraid of heights?" He asked her.

" Sorta. But I'll be buckled in right."

Aaron nodded, " Yup. Pretty tight."

" Then I'm ready to swing!" They laughed. Finally it was their turn. They climbed up onto the platform and took their seats. Aaron reached over and buckled CJ in tightly.

" If I were you, I'd keep that rose tight." Aaron said with a smile. CJ looked down and realized she still had her rose in her hand.

" Oh, damn." She slumped her shoulders in defeat.

" I'll hold it for you!" A girl called from the line. CJ looked over and smiled at the nice girl. She looked at the rose, the back at the girl. She handed the rose to her, knowing she could trust her with it.

" Thank you."

" No prob." Then the swings started to move. CJ took a deep breath and wiggled in her seat, excitedly. She held on to the chains, as the ride got faster and faster. She squeezed her eyes shut and felt the world go round and round. It felt like she was flying. She loved the feeling being up in the air, like she is, only the wind hitting her face softly. She didn't want the ride to end, afraid she'll come crashing down and wouldn't be able to fly again. CJ's eyes snapped open, when she felt on of her tennis shoes begin to slip off her foot. She tried lifting up her leg to try to grab her shoe, but the hard wind was making it really difficult. She reached and reached. She let out a silent cry, as he shoe slipped off her foot and went sailing through the air. She bit her lip and tried not to look guilty. She covered her mouth with her hand when she saw her shoe hit an old lady across the head, knocking her over. She tried to keep a straight face, until the ride stopped........to bad she failed.

The ride finally stopped. Aaron let out a sigh of relief.

" Awww....I love this ride." He said, with a silly grin. He looked at CJ, a confused look appeared on his face. CJ was cracking up.

" What's so funny?" He asked. CJ giggled louder, trying not to go all out. Aaron looked down, " Where's your shoe?" CJ couldn't hold it in anymore. She finally busted out in laughter, her face turning a crimson color. Aaron unbuckled his strap and kneeled down in front of her. With his eye brows raised, he stared upon CJ. Then he started to laugh along with her.

" My.....s-show......." She tried to say, but was laughing to hard, " My shoe hit a.....old lady.......in.........the head!" Aaron doubled over in laughter. Even the people in the line and the dude running the ride started laughing hysterically. The girl holding CJ's rose, walked up onto the platform and handed her rose back to her. CJ smiled and took it.

" Thanks for holding it for me." The girl smiled sweetly.

" Your welcome, sweetie." She giggled and jumped off the platform. CJ let out a relieved breath.

" Okay, I'm okay." She said, trying to get control. She almost had it, when she lost it again. Aaron finished up his laughter and helped her out of her seat.

" Ok, let's go find your shoe, Ms. Giggles." Aaron joked. CJ giggled and nodded, " Here, jump on." He bent over to let her jump on his back, so she didn't have to walk. She jumped on, giggling like a little girl. Aaron spotted Jay, one of his good friends in the line.

" Hey, Jay!" Aaron yelled, getting his attention. Jay waved and ran over, him too trying to remain calm from laughing at the incident.

" Loose, your shoe, my dear?" Jay said, to CJ. CJ's head rested on Aaron's shoulder, a silly expression on her face.

" Yeaaaahhhh." She said, causing Aaron and Jay to lose it again. Finally they calmed down. Aaron looked around the park, CJ still clinging to him.

" Can, you tell me where your shoe hit Grandma at, hun?" Aaron asked her, his laugher starting up again.

" Uhhhh........" CJ looked around, with a open mouth grin on her face, " Over there." She pointed to the area she saw her shoe hit the old lady. They walked over to their destination. Jay was the first to spot, CJ's shoe. He picked it up and turned to her.

" I think this is you shoe, considering the fact, that it looks like..........your other shoe." Jay said, laughing. CJ giggled and stuck out her shoe less foot, wiggling it, waiting for her shoe to be put back in it's rightful place. Jay laughed and slipped her shoe, back on her foot. He kneeled down and retied it, making sure it was nice and tight. When he was done, CJ shook her foot, feeling relieved.

" Ah, that's better. Next time I'll double check to see if their on nice and tight. wouldn't want them to slip off and break something. Or hit another Grandma.....or a grandpa." They all erupted in hysterics once again, CJ nearly slipped off Aaron's back.
Chapter Fifteen by Babyg
Aaron drove his pickup, along the sand connecting to a huge lake, outside of Orlando. He slowed his truck to a stop and parked it.

" Where are we?" CJ asked, looking out of the window. Aaron laughed and pulled out a white cloth. CJ frowned, " What's that for?"

" Turn around." He told her. She slowly turned, her knees facing the door. He lifted the cloth over her head, " It's okay." He told her, tying the the cloth over her eyes, so she couldn't see a thing.

" Are you going to show me the surprise?"

" Yup. You know I couldn't asked you to just close your eyes and not peak, but....I don't trust you." He said, laughing at CJ's expression.

" Well, thanks a lot." She joked. Aaron laughed, and jumped out of the truck and jogged over to the other side. He opened the door and grasped CJ's hand.

" Careful........"

********************

He carefully led her down the beach. One hand holding her left hand and his other hand resting on her hip. Finally, he stopped her.

" Get down on your knees." He whispered in her ear. She obeyed and dropped down to her knees, hitting the ground lightly. Aaron moved out in front of her. CJ scents he was doing something, she just didn't know what.

" Okay, I 'm gonna remove the blindfold. And when I do, do you promise me that you won't open your eyes, until I say so?" CJ smiled and slowly moved her hand over his, holding it tightly.

" I promise." She whispered. Aaron smiled and slowly reached back behind CJ's head and untied the blindfold. He took it off and threw it to the side. He scrambled backward and leaned against a wall of rocks.

" Now.....open you eyes." He whispered. CJ slowly opened her eyes and her breath got caught in her throat. She was in a some sort of cave. A very small one though, about half the size of her bedroom back at home. It was well lighted with several sweet scented candles. She looked behind her and caught a glimpse of the sunset. It was the most beautiful site she has ever seen. A blanket laid on the ground, a basket lay on top of it. Tears welded up in her eyes and a happy smile tugged at her lips.

" It's so......beautiful." She forced out. She really didn't know what to say, she was too in awe and happy. ' This is just another experience.' She thought, " I wish they would never end.'

" CJ, come here." Aaron said, holding out his arms out for her. CJ quickly crawled into his lap, cuddling up close to him. She lifted up her head and stared into his eyes.

" This is beautiful." She lifted up her head slightly and kissed his jawline. He rubbed his nose against her soft cheek. He leaned forward a little and pulled the basket closer to them. He opened it and pulled out a red fresh strawberry. He sweetly brought it up to CJ's lips. She smiled and took a bite of the delicious strawberry.

" Mmmmm....."

" CJ?" Aaron whispered, his face in the crease of her neck. CJ opened her eyes and ran her fingers over his face.

" Yeah?" She whispered. He lifted up his head, his eyes looked tired and sad.

" How long are you going to be in Florida?" CJ looked up at him, not knowing what to say. ' Why did he have to ask that.' She thought, nervously. She closed her eyes, searching for the answer. She reopened them and Aaron's eyes, never left hers.

" Two weeks." She choked out. Aaron closed his eyes, then reopened them.

" Are you serious?" CJ sat up and faced him.

" I don't want it to be true, " She cried, " The one who wins this competition, is the one that will stay. And there's five of us, God knows who will win. " She stood up on her knees and cradled his face in her hands, " I'm not going back, if I don't win. Even if I'm forced to, I'm not going back. I can't go back."

" I don't want you to go back."

" I'm not. I don't belong there. I never have belonged there. I wanna stay here.......with you..."

" Wait.....what do you mean, you don't belong there?"

" I have no life there." She took a deep breath, " I got to tell you something. I'm a runaway." Aaron's eyes widened.

" Huh?"

" Kelly begged me to come. I refused at first, knowing it was the right thing to do. But she said something to me, that made me do what I did. My parents don't know I'm here, Aaron. But.......I'm not going back. I'm almost eighteen. In a couple more days, I'll be. They have no say when I turn eighteen. " She stepped closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, her face inches from his.

" I'm gonna stay here with you. This is my first experience, finding true love. And I"m not going to let that go." Aaron smiled and brushed his lips against hers softly. He deepened the kiss and lowered her to the ground, never breaking the kiss, once. CJ cradled his face and gently broke the kiss.

" Aaron, please don't ever let me go." CJ said, tears welling up in her eyes. Aaron replied, with his lips back on hers. He kissed her with all the love he felt for her.
Chapter 16 by Babyg
CJ walked into her and Kelly's hotel room. She closed the door and leaned against it, a beautiful smile plastered on her face. Rose was sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper. She put it down when she noticed CJ, leaning against the door.

" Hey, CJ. How was your date?" Rose excitedly. CJ walked past her in a deep-in-love trance. Victoria sat up from the other couch, when she saw the look on CJ's face.

" Was it that good?" Victoria said, her eyes wide, at CJ's expression.

" Yeah. Goodnight.," CJ said, dreamily. She opened her bedroom door and walked in.

" Wait, CJ! Details! Details!" Rose and Victoria got up from the couch and ran to the bedroom door. Kelly flew in front of them, getting to the door first.

" Hold it, hold it! I'll get the scoop and tell you guys tomorrow. I need to talk to her anyway....alone." The girl nodded. Kelly smiled and walked in CJ"s bedroom.

" Hey." Kelly politely greeted her. She sat on the bed and looked up at CJ, who was at the dresser fiddling with something.

" How was your date?" She asked. CJ put the thing down she was messing with and turned toward her.

" It was perfect." CJ whispered.

" So perfect, you can't explain it?"

" Yeah. But there was this huge swing that swings you around really fast and my shoe slipped off my foot and hit this old lady in the head." Kelly laughed hysterically, " It took us several minutes to calm down. Then after that, Aaron took me to a lake and oh.....I thought I was in heaven. It was really romantic."

Kelly smiled, " Did he kiss you?" She asked with a big smile.

" Sorry, I don't kiss and tell." Kelly laughed and threw a pillow at her.

" Oh my God, you did!" CJ smiled and giggled, " Lucky you. Any girl would love to trade places with you." CJ nodded. Kelly took a deep breath, ready to ask CJ the question she has been dreading to ask her.

" CJ, do you remember at the airport, when I told you I needed to talk to you, cause I could sense something was wrong?" CJ nodded slowly, " Well.....what was wrong?"

CJ swallowed hard, " Uh, I forgot." She said quickly. Kelly could tell she was trying to avoid the subject.

" CJ, something was wrong, I know. Please tell me. It's killing me inside just thinking that your gonna be okay. It's driving me crazy. And it's going to drive you crazy, if you keep it boiled up inside." CJ looked up at Kelly and stared at her.

" Kelly, do you know what my parents will do to me, when they find out that I'm gone?" She finally said.

" I would if you just tell me!" CJ took a deep breath and sat down on the bed, feeling the tears threatening to fall.

" I can't tell you." She whispered.

" Why not?"

" I'm scared." She said, tears finally spilling out of her eyes. Kelly closed her eyes, thinking if she should ask the question, CJ doesn't want to hear. But Kelly had to know what's going on. She had to know now.

" CJ, what do they do to you?" That question shouldn't have been asked. CJ started to sob quietly.

" They treat me terribly. They don't care about me. They ignored me and pretended that I never existed. I get blamed for everything. They abuse me all the time. They hit me when I say something. They hit me when I don't say anything. They hit me when I laugh, they hit me when I cry. They hit me when I don't do anything! I'll be sitting on the floor, and they'll just attack me. They even lock me up in my bedroom, for days without any food or water. They once locked me outside, when it was freezing and raining really hard. I got very sick and they wouldn't take me to the hospital. I was stuck outside for two day, nearly catching hypothermia. Mrs. Parker found me just in time and took me to the hospital. I was in there for two weeks and I nearly died. I remember When i was six, I was down at the river bank, a half of mile down from my house and I picked a bunch of roses and took them back home with me. When my mom saw them, she went raging mad. She said that flowers were for sweet innocent little girls. Then she hit me and called me Satan's child. I never do anything to them! When I said, " I love you." I get a fist jammed into my back. I always think, " Why was I born?" They definitely wish i wasn't. They wish i was dead! They hate me......I just don't know why!" CJ sobbed uncontrollably. Kelly couldn't help the tears coming down her face. She pulled her friend into a tight embrace, CJ shaking uncontrollably in her arms.

"Shhhhh. It will be okay." She kissed her temple and held her tighter.

" Kelly I'm sorry!"

" What are you sorry for?"

" I can't do it."

" You can't do what?"

" The competition. I can't do it. I got hit so hard for singing one day and stopped singing in front of people. I only sing when I'm alone. I can't do it.....I can't do it...." She sobbed. Kelly sighed, " How can a loving family, leave their daughter in so much fear?" She thought.

" Here, lay down and get some sleep. We have to meet up with Johnson, tomorrow in the studio and record a song we have written. " CJ sniffed and nodded. She got in her pajama's and slipped under the covers, " Go to sleep."

" I haven't got any sleep since i got here." She told her.

" Just try. I love you. Goodnight, Honey." CJ gave her a weak smile. Kelly turned the light out and left the room. CJ sighed and snuggled deeper in her bed, her eyes wide open. She was scared. Really scared. She took a deep breath and finally closed her eyes.....

**************************

That night CJ, tossed and turned, whimpering at every turn. Images flashed in her head over and over again. Painful images of her parents doing the bad deeds they have done to her. They haunted her. She couldn't escape it.

" Noooo...." She moaned and started to cry. Suddenly she screamed and sat up in bed. She breathed hard, trying to catch her breath but she was sobbing too hard. The girls came running in and held her tightly.
Chapter 17 by Babyg
That following morning, Rose lifted the steaming kettle from the stove. She poured Kelly and Victoria a cup of hot tea. She sat down and craddled her tea, in silence. They sat there quietly, none of them even sipped at their tea. All of them looked really distracted and worried.

" What are we going to do?" Victoria said, breaking the silence.

" Do? What do you mean?" Rose said, sipping at her tea. Kelly looked at Victoria, with narrowed eyes.

" About CJ. What are we going to do about CJ?" She looked at Kelly, " Kelly?"

Kelly grabbed her tea and stood up, " I don't know what your talking about." She said, flattly.

" We heard the conversation last night." Rose told her. Kelly closed her eyes and sighed sadly.

" We can't do anything."

" We have too."

Kelly shook her head, " CJ, spent seventeen years, being all alone, with no one to be there for her. She wouldn't know what to do if we were there to protect her." The girls sighed sadly.

" How can a family do something like that?" Victoria said, wrapping her arms around herself, feeling the sadness come over her.

" Morning Ladiez." Trevor said, coming into the kitchen. He went over to the cabinet and pulled out a bowl and clanked it loudly on the counter. He poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table and started eating. The girls stared at him with blank looks on their faces. Trevor looked up from his bowl, and noticed them staring at him. He slowly laid down his spoon.

" Did.....I interupt something?" He asked, clueless. Kelly glared at him.

" Yes, you did."

" What were you gals talking about?"

" Something, you wouldn't understand." Victoria said.

" Now, go away." Rose added. Trevor huffed and stood up.

" Fine. I know when I'm not wanted. I'll be in the living room, watching Scooby Doo." He left, taking his bowl with him. Victoria sighed and stood up.

" We don't derverse this."

Kelly sighed, " Victoria, save it okay. We don't have time for this." Victoria closed her eyes, and held up her hand in protest.

" No, not that Kelly. The competition. We don't derserve it. CJ does. For seventeen....almost eighteen years, her family left her in fear and lonliness."

" Yeah, and winning the competition will finally make her free. Free from fear, free from abuse, free from loninlness. She'll finally be FREE." Rose said, " And it's up to us to help her look past her fear and help her get there."

Kelly nodded, " Agreed."

" The only person that definatly won't agree would be, Trevor." Victoria snooted.

" Oh my God, that's right! That moron thinks he can win this thing hands down? Yeah right! That boy's head is stuck too far up his ass, to even look what's right in front of his face." Rose sighed heavily.

" CJ, is the one who's gonna win this thing hands down." Kelly said, calmly. The girls agreed, " We need to wake up, CJ."

" I'll do it." Rose pipped up.

" I'm already awake." The girls turned when they heard CJ behind them. They smiled when they saw her. They walked over and embraced her. CJ started to sob quietly, feeling overwelmed.
Chapter 18 by Babyg
The ride to the studio was quiet and long. They didn't say a word, just stared out the window and watched the trees go by in a blur. Mrs. Baker pulled up in front of the studio and parked her car. Mr. Johnson walked up to the van and opened the door, politely.

" Good morning, Mrs. Baker." Mrs Baker smiled and stepped out of the van, followed by the kids.

" Good morning." She smiled.

" And how's England's most talented kids, doing this morning?" He said. They stayed quiet, " Oh, I heard someone's birthday is tomorrow!" He teased and stood in front of CJ, making a silly face. She didn't laugh nor did she smile.

" Big Eighteen." He gave her a small smile and rubbed her shoulders lightly.

CJ sighed, " I'm pretty sure it won't be special." She said coldly. She brushed past him and continued to the entrance of the studio.

" Is Chloe alright?" He asked, confused. Kelly sighed.

" No, she's not. But were handling it." They walked past him quietly.

" And her name isn't Chloe." Rose added, " It's CJ." Mr. Johnson nodded slowly and turned back around to Mrs. Baker, who was smiling innocently.

" Mrs. Baker, what's wrong with them?" Mrs. Baker took a deep breath and shook her head.

" I don't know." She said, worried.

" Mrs Baker, if something is bothering them and they show it, there is no way one of you kids will be coming out of the competition as a winner. They need to be happy and engergic." He told her. Mrs. Baker rubbed her hands together nervously.

" Right." She walked past him and stopped. She turned back around, " I'll talk to them when we get to the hotel. Besides, I think I know what's wrong with CJ." Mr. Johnson nodded and followed her into the studio.

**********************************

Mrs Baker caught up with the girls and Trevor, who was already in the main part of the studio.

" Okay, kiddos listen up." Mr. Johnson said, coming into the room and sitting down next to some other guy.

" First of all, I would like to introduce to you guys, the main man, that will be producing all of you songs." He started, " Kids, this Steve Cleary. He is the music industries best and coolest producer. Steve, this is Rose, Victoria, Trevor, CJ and Kelly." He introduced him to them. They all gave a weak ' Hi '. Steve smiled and extended out his hand.

" It's very nice to meet you and I look forward to be working with all of you." He shook their hands politly.

" Steve has worked with big time Artists like Britney Spears......uh, Christina Aguilera, LFO, Nsync, and the Backstreet Boys." Mr Johnson told them. The kids nodded.

" Cool." Trevor happily said, " Let's get down to business, man." He stood up and went over to Steve.

" Alright, Trev! Where's your song at?" He said. Trevor pulled out his song.

" Right here!" He handed him his song. Steve read over it. He nodded excidely.

" Alright, alright!" Steve then went to work. Trevor glanced at the girls and gave them a snotty smile.

" Ego-major." Kelly and Rose said at the same time. The door opened.

" Steve, where's the---CJ?" A voice came. CJ looked up when she heard her name. A smile appeared on her face. It was Aaron.

" Aaron!" She squelled and jumped into his arms. He held her tightly, " What are you doing here?" She whispered.

" Well, Steve called me and asked me if I wanted to help produce some songs." He smiled and rested his forehead up against hers.

" You better help me with mine." She flirted, rubbing her finger tips over the back of his neck. He smiled and captured her lips with hers. Both, Rose and Victoria's gum popped when they say them lip lock. Kelly just smiled and gazed on. They parted and giggled playfully.

" Where's the what, Aaron?" Steve said, suddenly. Aaron jumped away from CJ, startled.

" Huh? Oh, the snare to the headphones." He said. Steve looked around for the snare. He found it and grabbed it.

" Here." He handed him the snare.

" Thanks." He looked at CJ, lovingly, " Got a minute?"

" Um......."

" Go ahead, sweetie. We'll call you when we need you." Mrs. Baker told her. CJ smiled and took Aaron's hand and left.

***********

" Oh my God, CJ and Aaron?" Mrs. Baker pipped up. They all looked at her.

" That's what I was gonna say." Steve said, looking over Trevor's lyrics.

" Their a cute couple. What's so bad about it?" Rose said, looking at Mrs. Baker.

" Nothing, Rose!" Mrs Baker said, " I didn't even know CJ had a boyfriend, let alone Aaron."

Rose huffed, " Well, maybe if you were around more often, you maybe would have noticed she even went out a date with him." Rose snapped. She got up and walked out of the room. Mrs. Baker took a deep breath.

" Rose!" She got up and went after her. The others looked at each other confused.

" What the hell was that all about?" Kelly said, confused.

" It seemed to me that Mrs. Baker didn't want CJ to have a boyfriend." Victoria mentioned.

Trevor started to laugh, " CJ probably doesn't know what a boyfriend is." Kelly slitted her eyes.

" You're a bastard, Skye's." She sneered. She was getting ready to attack him right them and there, but Victoria grabbed her arm and shook her head. Kelly sighed in frustration and sat back in silence. Steve and Trevor got up and left the room.

" You know, this could be a problem girls." Mr. Johnson told them. They sighed and looked at him.

" What do you mean?" Victoria said, flattly.

" Being in this competition is very important to each and everyone of you. You need to be focused 24/7, if not, your most likely not going to win. And all I'm say is that CJ and Aaron being together isn't a very good idea."

" No, all your saying is that Aaron is a distraction to CJ." Victoria sneered.

Mr. Johnson sighed, " CJ would want to be with him 24/7, day and night, she wouldn't want to work on her song and practice."

" How do you know she's like that?" Kelly asked.

" Trust me, I know girls these days."

" But you don't know CJ." Kelly told him. Mr. Johnson shook his head.

" No, I don't know CJ. But I would like to get to know her."

" Now that, Mr. Johnson, is a bad idea." Victoria added.

" Why?"

" You wouldn't understand her." Mr. Johnson stared at her.

" Then how do you know, Aaron will?" The girls stayed silent.

" We don't know, we never said that." Victoria snapped.

Kelly sighed, " Aaron is very sweet. He listens to her. And by the way, who ever said this competition was important to us?" Mr. Johnson strugged, " The only person it's important too is CJ. We don't care about it. We don't even want to win, do you know why? Because this is all about CJ. Were gonna help her win this thing, wither or without your help. Just stay out of the way, cause your the one that's gonna be the distraction." Kelly flat out told him. The girls stood up and left the room. Mr. Johnson sat there with a blank look on his face.

" This is all about CJ?" He huffed, " No, this is all about a spoiled little brat named Chloe Martin!"
Chapter 19 by Babyg
Aaron pulled CJ out into the lobby, by the vending machines. He pulled her into a passionate kiss. They pulled apart breathless. CJ sucked in a breath and looked up into this eyes.

" You look really beautiful today." He said, sweetly.

CJ smiled, " Thank you." He placed his arms around her neck.

" Your beautiful. Inside and out, CJ." He bent down and kissed her sweetly. He pulled away and looked at the vending machine, " Do you want something to drink?" He asked her. She smiled and nodded.

" I would love one." Aaron nodded and took out a dollar bill.

" What do you want?"

" A coke, please." Aaron laughed a little and got her a coke.

" You don't want one?" She asked, taking the cola from him. He shook his head.

" I have one in the other room." CJ nodded. He sat down on the bench and looked at her.

" CJ?"

" Mmmm?"

" Will you sing to me?" A small smile appeared on her face. She walked up to him and crawled up into his lap, wrapping her arms around him.

" What do you want me to sing?" She whispered. Aaron sighed and laid his head down comfortably on her shoulder.

" Anything." He whispered, closing his eyes. She slowly moved his a piece of sandy blond hair out of his eyes. She bent her head down to his ear. Then she started to sing softly into his ear. Aaron squeezed his eyes shut and tightened his grip on her. The words flowed and lingered in his mind. He felft like he was in a a dream. A very beautiful dream, which he wished he'll never wake. He nuzzled his nose against her neck, softly. The song was so sweet, he could feel himself getting emotional. He struggled to keep the tears back. She slowly ended the song.

Aaron groaned, " Don't stop...." CJ chuckled.

" That was the end of the song." Aaron lifted his head up and kissed her, " Are you, Okay?" She asked when she saw tears in his eyes. Aaron blinked a few times and turned his head away.

" Uh....yeah. I"m fine." He whiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. He took a deep breath and turned back toward her, " That was beautiful." He whispered, laying his head back down on her shoulder.

" Your gonna win this, CJ. I believe in you."

" You do?"

" Of course. Your an amazing singer, CJ. If you weren't you wouldn't be here. When I say someone had talent and their gonna make it, they will make it. Even if it takes time. It's a long road, expecially if your doing it solo. Me....I'm still struggling with it. But you have the talent and you can walk that road."

" That's only a dream." She whispered to herself.

" What did you say, sweetie?" She sighed and stood up.

" Nothing."

" CJ? Why do I have the feeling your not telling me something?"

" What do you mean?"

" Back in London....you never told me why you don't belong there."

" I...uh..."

" Hunny..." He stood up, " Please be honest with me. I can't help you unless you tell me what's going on. Does your parents treat you bad?"

CJ took a deep breath, " It's no big deal. A lot of kids get hit when they do something wrong."

" Did you do something wrong?" She closed her eyes and swallowed.

" I did and I do.....absolutly nothing." Aaron sighed and pulled her into an embrace, " It's nothing to worry about, Aar. I'll be okay." She whispered.

" I just don't want anything to happen to you."

" I'll be fine, as long as I'm with you......"
Chapter 20 by Babyg
Later that night, Ms. Baker charged down the hallway of the hotel. Her face shown with anger. She swung the hotal door open.

" Get in!" She yelled, pointing a long finger inside. Rose flinched and took a step back. She sighed and quickly walked inside. Ms. Baker slammed the door and turned the lock with rage.

" CJ?!" She screamed. Kelly and Victoria, who was in the main room at the time, jumped at her outburst. They looked at each other.

" Oh my god......." Victoria quickly got up, tellling Kelly to stay where she was.

" I'll go check it out." Victoria ran into the hallway and skidded to a stop.

" Chloe Jaylene?!?!" She screamed. Victoria squeezed her eyes shut.

" She's not here." Victoria rushed.

" Where is she?!" Ms. Baker pushed her aside and started searching for CJ.

" She's still with Aaron........."

" KELLY?!?!" Victoria sighed and turned toward Rose.

" What did you do?" Rose stepped back, suprised.

" Wha...?"

" Kelly Marie Pierson!!!" Kelly suddenly jumped up from the couch, startled.

" What?" She snapped back.

" Don't ' what ' me Pierson!! Why didn't you say anything?!"

" What are you talking about?!"

" You know very well, what I'm talking about!!"

" No, I don't, why don't you give me a hint!! And why are you yelling at me?! What did I do?"

" Kelly don't be stupid.....!"

" What did I do?!?!"

" Why isn't CJ, singing?!"

" What?! She is singing!!"

" Rose, said she wasn't going to sing in the audition!! Because she was too scared!! Now, start explaining!!"

" Explaining what?!"

" Your CJ's best friend! I know very well you know why! As of right now CJ, isn't here, so start talking!"

Kelly stared her down hard, " I don't know anything." She said in a low voice. Ms Baker's expression turned cold and sour.

" Don't you lie to me, Pierson" She threatned, "I know you know. Now stop sticking up for that girl!"

Kelly laughed bitterly, " Why don't you stop yelling at me!! Your not my mother, your just a bloody music teacher!!"

" Kelly....if your here, competing in this compitition...I am your mother. So you better get used to it." She dryly said., " If CJ won't sing in less than two weeks, then why did she come down here in the first place?" Kelly closed her eyes and turned her head away.

" Uh huh. See? You don't know."

" Why are you so anger about this?"

" Why am I so angry about this?! CJ is not singing!! And I don't have time for her selfishness. If she's not going to sing, she can get her ass back to England!!! I don't want her here, screwing up everything I have worked so hard for! I hosted dinners at the school and school plays, so I can raise the money to bring you kids down here! And what thanks do I get?! I get absolutly nothing. All I get is a quiter."

Kelly took a breath, " This is not about you."

" Who raised all the money? Who brought you guys down here? If it wasn't for me, you guys will still be stuck in London. So, this is about me. All up in this place....it is about me. And no selfish little brat is gonna stop me, from saying she's not singing."

" You don't understand why she's not singing."

" I would....if you just tell me."

" I can't. And I won't. Because it's none of your damn business. Got it?" Kelly sneered. Ms. Baker slitted her eyes and snatched up her coat.

" CJ's going home tomorrow. So she better just say goodbye to Aaron tonight. And you better tell her that when she get's here."

" She's not going anywhere."

" She will be after I'm through with her."

" Don't you threaten her!"

" Oh, I have just begun, threatning her. Nobody quits on me. Nobody!" And with that she walked out the door. Kelly let out a scream and threw a glass cup at the wall, shattering it to pieces.

" You know, I knew CJ wasn't worth it." Trevor laughed. Kelly whirled around in rage.

" Shut your mouth, Trevor!!!" He lauged even harder.

" You are so blind, Kelly. Everyone knows this compitition is all about me. I am the star. So I suggest you girls start packing, cause I already won."

" Trevor, you take that ego down now, or i'll do it for you!!!!"

" Rrrrrrrr." He roared at her. Kelly growled and attacked him. Rose and Victoria hauled Kelly off him. Kelly screamed, kicking and trashing her arms wildly, into the other room.

" Let me go!!!!!!" She screamed. They let her go and she threw herself down to the ground and cried.

" Rose, why did you tell her?!?!!" She screamed, choking on a sob. Rose fell on the bed, speechless.

" I....i'm sorry! She beat me out of it, I didn't know what to do. She said, she'll send me back home if I didn't tell her what wassup. But I didn't tell her the reason why CJ is scared to sing." Kelly cried harder and crawled herself in a fetal position.

" I don't understand. This is CJ's doing. Why did she tear at me for?" She sobbed. Her body shaking tremdously.

" Oh Kelly...." The girls laid down on the floor with her.

" I don't want CJ to come back. She needs to stay with Aaron, where she's safe....." Kelly trailed off. The girls closed their eyes, understanding.
Chapter 21 by Babyg
" Aaron.....Aaron stop it!" CJ giggled playfully. Aaron smirked and started to tickle her again. She giggled uncontrollably.

" No touchy! No...stop, stop. stop!" Aaron suddenly stopped and wrapped his arms around her, turning her over playfully. CJ jumped off of him and landed comfortably on the soft pillows. Aaron turned over and looked at her.

" You are so cute when you laugh." CJ smiled, her eyes sparkling, " Ah, there's that smile that I love so much." He grinned. CJ covered up her smile with her hand and giggled.

" For the first time in my life, I'm actually happy."

" I hope I'm the one making you happy."

CJ smiled, " You are."

" I never been this happy, since my last girlfriend. " CJ smiled sweetly.

" How long ago was that?"

" About nine months." He said, a little sadness in his voice. CJ sensed it.

" What happened?" She whispered. Aaron sighed and licked his lips.

" She cheated on me with her ex." CJ closed her eyes. She reopened them and ran her fingertips over his face.

" I will never do that to you." She whispered, " As long as you don't do it to me." Aaron swallowed hard and quickly moved his body on top of hers. He looked in her green eyes for a split second, before he kissed her passionatly......

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

A knock came at the door. Aaron pulled away from CJ slightly and listened. The knock came again. Aaron ignored it and rested his lips back on CJ's.

" House keeping!" A voice came from outside. Aaron groaned against CJ's lips.

" Go away!" CJ giggled and kissed him once again.

" House keeping! You want me to fluff up your pillows?" Aaron let out a frustrating sigh and got up. He walked down the hall and opened the door.

" Was sup Hom?" Craig said, rushing past Aaron. He stood, there with a blank look on his face.

" Craig what are you doing?" He walked into the living room and saw Craig lounging on the couch. He sighed heavily.

" What are you doing?" Aaron asked again. Craig looked up at him like he was stupid.

" What's it look like I'm doing? I'm watching TV" He looked around and frowned, " What's with the lights, dude?" He got up and flipped on the lights.

" This is not a good time, man." He told him.

" Yeah whatever, Aar. Come on, grab a coke and let's chill."

" Not tonight, Craig. CJ is here." Craig's smiled faded.

" I knew it was her. I knew it was her, man!"

" What are you talking-----"

" Why are you wasting your time with her?" He interrupted.

" What the hell is your problem?"

Craig sighed heavily, " What do you see in her?"

" Everything." Aaron said, calmly.

" Yeah right. You need to get rid of her."

" Craig, before I do any of that, you better tell me why you hate her so much!"

Craig sighed, " How long is she gonna be here?"

" Answer my question."

" Answer mine!"

" Answer mine first, Craig!"

" I don't hate her, Aaron. But, you can do better than that."

" Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but CJ is staying. Who are you to tell me what to do? I like CJ, Craig....no....no I don't like CJ.....I love CJ! And if you got a problem with that you can just deal with. I'm not gonna break up with CJ, just because you told me too! I'm sorry man, but it doesn't work that way."

Craig took a deep breath, " I hope you know what you are doing." He walked past him and headed to the door. Craig glanced at him, before retreating back out of the door. Aaron closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He sighed and went back to his bedroom.

" Is everything Ok?" CJ asked, as Aaron entered the room and laid down. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple.

" Everythings fine." CJ nodded and closed her eyes. She let out a breath and reopened her eyes.....staring blankly at the wall.......
Chapter 22 by Babyg
" I'm going to kill him."

" Your going to kill who?"

" Craig." Aaron groaned. Jay chuckled and took a bite of his cereal.

" What did he do now?"

Aaron sighed, " He's giving me crap about CJ."

" Really?" Aaron nodded, " Craig gives you crap about everyone."

" He hardly does it when I have a girlfriend, tho. I don't know why he hates her so much." Jay got up and put his bowl in the sink.

" You know, I can't read people's minds as well as you can, but it seems to me like he doesn't want you guys together."

Aaron sighed heavily, " He did a pretty good job doing it last night. I don't know what's up with him. He's been on my ass about her ever since I first saw her."

" Maybe he's jealous." Jay suggested.

" Jealous of what?" Aaron huffed.

Jay shrugged, " Because you got a beautiful girl and he doesn't have anyone? I don't know. Maybe he's sick and tired of you getting all the girls and being a shoulder to cry on when you get hurt by one of those hot blond chicks that look like sluts. "Jay sat down, " Or maybe he's jealous, cause your paying more attention to CJ, instead of too him."

Aaron looked at him sadly, " The only person who Craig is hurting is me. He's supposed to be my best friend. He's acting like a jealous girlfriend and it's retarded." He said, making Jay laugh. Then he suddenly stopped laughing and looked at Aaron seriously.

" Well, what am I, chopped liver?" He said, some what serious and sarcastically. Aaron smiled and laughed.

" Jay, do you like CJ?"

Jay smiled, " I love CJ. I thinks she's really cool and very beautiful. I'm glad your with her, she's a very cool girl."

Aaron nodded, " Can you do me a favor then?" Jay nodded, " Today a five O' clock, I need you to go pick up CJ, up from the studio. Take her to Club Paris, but don't tell her why, Okay?" Jay grinned and nodded.

" Oky doky....Why can't I tell her?"

" It's her birthday today. So it's a surprise. But Jay, even tho she begs you, don't say anything, make it up or something." They laughed.

************************

Victoria walked down the sidewalk in front of the Brass Monkey's outside bar. She stopped when she say Ms. Baker. Victoria jogged over to her.

" Ms. Baker?" Ms. Baker put down her drink in silence.

" What do you want, Victoria?" She said, dryly.

" Were throwing a surprise party for CJ, for her birthday tonight. Are you coming?" Victoria asked nervously. Ms. Baker stared at her for awhile.

" Are you kidding?" She sneered, " I have better things to do, than go to CJ's lame old party. Besides she's supposed to be going home today."

Victoria took a deep breath, " Kelly, Rose, and I are gonna try really hard to help CJ though this. And have her sing at the audition. The reason why she doesn't want to sing is something that's too personal and it's just not the right time to tell anyone."

" Victoria, I'm her teacher! She's supposed to talk to me. Why don't she tell me what's going on?"

Victoria sighed, " Cause she doesn't think you'll care." Ms. Baker hard stare, softened into a calm expression. She turned back around and took a sipped at her drink. She took a deep breath and turned back toward her.

" You girls have fun at that party. Tell CJ happy birthday for me and tell her I'm sorry I couldn't make it." She grabbed her purse and stood up. She took one last look at Victoria and left. Victoria took a deep breath and smiled.
Chapter 23 by Babyg
Jay walked out of his house that evening and jumped into his blue mustang. He started it up and pulled out of the driveway.

****************

CJ smiled and put down the head phones. Steve sat back in his chair and grinned. He tapped his pen on the desk in front of him.

" Okay.....I think you got it down." CJ smiled, happily, " Come on back!" CJ got up and walked into the main room. Steve stood up and shook her hand.

" You have an amazing voice, CJ. And that song was very beautiful."

" Thank you, Mr. Cleary." Steve laughed,

" Call me Steve, babe." CJ smiled and nodded.

" So did you write the song?"

" Yup."

" When did you write it?"

" About five years ago."

" Wow! Well, it's the best I have ever heard. It's very moving, soulful and a very very powerful song."

" Thank you!" She blushed. Steve looked at his watch.

" Well, lets say we call it a day, shall we?" CJ nodded and grabbed her coat. She shook his hand once more, before walking out the door. In CJ's heard, she was proud of her song. But it's too bad she won't be singing it......or will she?

*************************

CJ walked outside of the studio. She squinted her eyes, when she saw a blue mustang sitting in the parking lot. She frowned and walked to the guy, standing next to the car.

" Well, don't you look beautiful today."

" Jay?" CJ smiled. Jay gasped lightly.

" Oh my....I'm so flattered that you remember me." He said, pretending to whip a tear away. They laughed.

" Of course I remember you." She said, giving him a big hug, " What are you doing here?"

" Aaron asked me to come pick you up. He had something to do." CJ nodded. Jay opened the passenger door for her, politely. CJ smiled and climbed in.

*************************

They rode in silence for awhile.

Jay cleared his throat, " So....I heard today was your birthday." CJ looked out the window and nodded slowly.

" Yeah, it is."

" Gonna do something special?" Jay grinned.

CJ sighed, " No. My birthday's are never special. I never even had a real party. So, why should this be any different?" Jay gave her a small smile and took her hand.

" So where are you taking me?"

" Club Paris. Aaron's gonna meet us over there."

" Oh. Okay." She sighed and slumped down in her seat. CJ looked at Jay, thinking of what to say.

" Jay?"

" Yeah?"

" Does Aaron say anything about me too you?"

Jay smirked, " Hell ya. He did this morning."

" Really? what did he say?"

Jay frowned, " Why are you so curious?"

" I don't know...I just wanna make sure he really likes me."

" Oh my God, CJ! That boy is head over heals for you!"

" Thats what Kelly said." She said, flatly.

" Kelly's right! Your an amazing girl, CJ. Your beautiful, caring, funny, talented....you know, if you weren't with Aaron, I would definitely ask you out." CJ chuckled.

" Thanks. I don't understand something. I grew up without no friends and no love. And now I come down here and I make friends and find a boyfriend. I'm confused."

" Not everybody is the same, CJ. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions on other's. And the people that reject you, are the people you need to forget. And the people that welcome you into their lives, are the one's that you need to cherish forever. Cause that is what really matter."

CJ smiled, " Your right. But what about Kelly, Rose, and Victoria?"

" What about em?"

" At school, Rose and Kelly never said a word to me. Never hung out with me and never done anything fun with me. Now Victoria is a different story. She is like the schools biggest bitch. She threatened me and criticized me all the time. But I do have to admit, I have seen Kelly smile at me in the hallway. They all weren't my friends back at home....now their my best friends. It's hard to except that, when you haven't had it your whole life."

" Maybe Kelly was scared."

CJ shrugged, " Scared of what tho?"

" Maybe she was scared, because you wouldn't let her in. Just like you said, it's hard to except that, when you haven't had it your whole life."

CJ smiled a little, " Maybe..."

" Maybe she's always believed in you. Hey...you couldn't come down here in the first place, right?"

" Right."

" And who came and got you at the last minute?"

" Kelly."

" That's right. Kelly, knew you could make it and she knew it was your time."

" My time for what?"

Jay smiled, " Your time...too be who you really are." A smile spread across her face. She leaned over and kissed him sweetly on the cheek.

" Thank you, Jay."
Chapter 24 by Babyg
Jay pulled up into the parking lot , in front of Club Paris. CJ strained up and looked around.

" Where is everybody? I thought this is suppost to be a club?" Jay laughed and turned off the ignition.

" It is." He motioned her out of the car. CJ frowned and stepped out of the car.

" Um....Jay? What are you hiding?"

" What? Me?" CJ raised her eyebrows, " I don't know what your talking about." He smiled.

" Your smiling...."

" I always smile." He laughed. CJ shook her head and jumped on his back. They walked in.

" Where's the lights?" CJ said, still clinging on to Jay's back. Jay carefully climbed down the stairs.

" Aaron, where you at?" Jay called out. Suddenly the lights snapped on and people quickly jumped out in front of them, from all directions.

" SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRHTDAY, CJ!!!" The crowd applauded. CJ shrieked and slid off Jay's back, her eyes wide.

" Holly hell....." She choked out.

" CJ!!!!" Kelly, Victoria, and Rose shrieked and tackled her. CJ giggled and tried to shield herself from their hugs and kisses. Finally they got off of her and she laid there, breathless and speechless. Aaron walked over to CJ and smiled. He grabbed her hands and hauled her up , picking her up and kissing her passionately. The crowd cheered and whistled.

" Happy Birthday, baby." Aaron said, breathless. A small tear escaped her eye and a small smile tugged on her lips. She grabbed his face and pressed her lips against his.

" LETS PARTY!!!" Jay cheered, getting the crowd pumped up.

* About an hour later*

" Hey, you guys where is Ms. Baker and Trevor?" CJ asked walking, though the crowd with Rose and Victoria.

Victoria rolled her eyes, " Who cares where Trevor is. And Ms Baker had some business to attend to."

CJ nodded, " Oh. "

" CJ?" Kelly called out from in front of her. She looked up and saw her waving her to come over to her. The girls walked over.

" Kelly, 99% of the people here are strangers."

" Yeah, I know. It's just Aaron had some friends and they had some friends and their friends had some friends and yeah." CJ laughed, " And besides it's Club Paris. People were coming here anyway to party and when they found out there was a birthday party, they thought it would be cool to party with us."

CJ smiled, " Well.....their friends, friends sure had a lot of friends. " The girls laughed.

" Oh, hi girls!" A voice suddenly came from behind them. They turned around and saw Jessica, standing there.

" Hi, Jessica!" Kelly hugged her.

" Hi, Kelly! Victoria, Rose, how are you girls?"

" We're fine. How are you?" Rose asked.

" I"m doing very good. I heard CJ's birthday was being held here, " She looked around, " Where is CJ, anyway?"

" Um....I'm right here." CJ pipped up. Jessica looked in front of her. Her eyes widened and she held her breath. She let it out and smiled.

" Hi, hunnie..." She held out her arms and slowly walked toward her. CJ smiled and wrapped her arms around her.

" Oh, you are so adorable!" CJ giggled, " I looked at you and I had no idea who you were. I would have to give reps to who ever made you over."

" That would be me!" A voice came.

" Sarena!" CJ let go of Jessica and ran to Sarena.

" Hi, CJ!" She hugged her, " Hi, I'm Sarena Hughes. I did CJ's hair and makeup." She said, shaking Jessica's hand politely.

" I'm Jessica Davis. I"m one of the Judges for the competition next week. You did an amazing job on CJ, Sarena."

" Thank you very much." She laughed. CJ looked at them and smiled to herself.

********************

* 2hrs later*

Aaron walked up onto the stage and took a seat.

" Test, test, test." He checked the mic. The crowd looked up at him, " Good it works." The crowd laughed.

" Okay first of all I want to thank everyone for coming out here tonight. I really appreciate everyone's support and love, you all have shown for CJ tonight. Tonight is special, because you know It's CJ's birthday, but the person she is, is even more special. I met CJ just four days ago and it seemed like I have been touched by an Angel. She's beautiful, intelligent, talented and she always makes me smile. She makes me complete." He looked at CJ, " CJ. You have changed me so much and it was always for the good. I can't think what's more important to me than you, baby. Your everything so beautiful and wonderful in my life and I desperately wouldn't know what to do if I have lost you. This song I"m going to sing for you baby...I mean every word." Aaron locked eyes with CJ. The crowd awed. Then the music started playing. Aaron licked his lips and he brought the mic to his lips:

Everytime our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I"m amazing by you

The smell of your skin
The test of you kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby you surround me
You touch every place in my heart
Oh it feels like the first time, everytime
I wanna spend the whole night in your eyes.

I don't know who you do what you do
I"m so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby i'm amazed by...you.

" Happy Birthday, CJ Martin." The crowd cheered loudly. Tears streamed down CJ's face as she ran up onto the stage and into his arms, never wanting to let go.

*****************
Later that night, into the early morning, Aaron and CJ walked along the sandy beach, connecting to the lake. They crawled in to their Little special place right underneath the docks. CJ grabbed him by the shirt and kissed him tenderly.

" I can't believe this is happening to me." CJ said, a tear rolling down her face. Aaron smiled and whipped the tear away.

" Believe it, cause anything is possible."

" You have changed my life so much."

" You've changed mine too." He whispered. CJ smiled and bit her lip.

" CJ?"

" Yeah?"

Aaron bit his lip, " I love you." CJ's breath caught in her throat.

" Nobody has never loved me before." She said in a tiny voice. Aaron cupped her face with his hands.

" Can I be that person?" CJ's eyes started to water. She swallowed and slowly nodded.

" Yes." She whispered. Aaron smiled and slowly leaned in. He brushed his lips up against hers in a sweet loving kiss.
Chapter 25 by Babyg
* two days later*

Aaron and CJ stood backstage at the Orlando Karokee Country Club. Jay was with them.

" How many people here ya think?" CJ asked, rubbing her hands together and taking a deep breath.

" I don't know." Aaron peered out from behind the curtain to look, " About 100 to 200 people." CJ sighed.

" This is gonna be off the hook, CJ." Jay said, massaging her shoulders.

" Yeah at least." Aaron agreed. CJ laughed and shrugged Jay off of her.

" Okay, I'm ready. Besides I love singing." CJ said with a smile. Aaron walked over and gave her a kiss.

" Let's do this." He whispered. Jay ran out into the crowd, while Aaron walked into the stage.

" Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to introduce to you your next act. She's an uprising singer, so you know she'll be kickin it! Everybody, give it up, for my girl, CJ!!" The crowd cheered and CJ walked out on to the stage. The crowd's cheer died down and a pair of hundreds of eyes looked up at her. CJ locked eyes with Aaron and he gave her a thumbs up. CJ smiled and swallowed hard. She looked at the audience, smiling to herself. She was about to start, when she looked up at the over head lights up on the ceiling. Automatically, flashes played through her mind. Frightning and hurtfull images. CJ shrieked and stepped back, her eyes still on the light. Her face was scrunched up in pain and terror.

" CJ?" Aaron sat up and stared wide eyed up at her. Suddenly a huge flash, flashed in her face. CJ screamed and the mic slipped out of her hand and clanked on the floor loudly. She breathed hard, skaking tremdously. She let out a cry and ran off the stage.

" CJ!!" Aaron got up and sprinted after her. Jay right behind him.

************

CJ burst through the side doors, entering the cold dark alley behind the club. Her knees buckled and she dropped to the ground, sobbing hard. She curled up into a fetal position and cried. Aaron and Jay burst throught the same door, searching for CJ.

" CJ!" Aaron ran over to her and gently placed a hand on her shaky body.

" Baby?" He moved her out of the way. He picked her up and held her in his arms. He rocked her shaky body back and forth, whispering comforting words in her ear. Jay looked at her sadly. He stroked her hair softly. Aaron looked at Jay and took a deep breath.

" Don't worry baby....I'm not going to ask." He whispered in her ear.

" Thank you..." She whispered so softly, Aaron could barely hear her but he knew what she said. Aaron stood up and they walked toward the car.

" Jay, you drive." Aaron tossed the keys to him.

" No, prob man." They got in and drove away.

***********************

Jay pulled up in the driveway and parked the car. They got out, Aaron carrying CJ toward the house and inside.

" Aaron, honey is that you?" Ginger, Aaron's mom, called out.

" Yeah." He said, weakly. She came out into the hallway.

" Honey, dinner's in the mic...." She trailed off when she saw him holding CJ and she was sobbing silently, " What happened to CJ?" Aaron sighed and walked past her.

" I'll talk to you in a minute."

" Okay." She said, turning her glance toward Jay. Aaron carryied CJ up the stairs and slipped into his bedroom. CJ finally stopped crying, but her breathing was shallow. Aaron lowered her on the bed and pulled the covers over her. He kissed her forehead, tenderly. He looked at her for a long while before retreating back out of the room. He ran a tired hand over his face and entered the kitchen where Ginger and Jay were talking.

" I already told her." Jay told him, when Aaron entered the room. Aaron nodded and leaned against the counter.

" If CJ loves singing so much, why did she do that?" Ginger asked, confused.

Aaron shrugged, " I don't know. I'm not even going to talk to her about it. I love her and if she doesn't want me to question, then I won't. I respect her about that."

" I think she'll come around." Ginger smiled.

" I'll talk to her...but now isn't the right time." Jay nodded in agreement, " You know what?"

" What?" Jay said,

" I don't think it was stage fright or the crowd that scared her so bad."

" No?" Jay frowned.

Aaron shook his head, " No. I noticed something odd. She wasn't even looking at the crowd, she was looking up at the ceiling....into one of those over head lights."

Jay blinked, " The light scared her?"

Aaron took a deep breath, " I don't know. All I know is that, it wasn't the crowd....it was something else."

" What was something else?" Taelyn said, bouncing into the kitchen.

" Nothing, Taelyn." Aaron said, flattly.

" Come on Tae, bedtime." Jay took her hand and took her upstairs to tuck her in. Aaron kissed his mom on the cheek and slowly retreated back up the stairs. He opened the door to his bedroom slightly and slipped in. He stood by the doorway, with his arms crossed, just gazing upon CJ's sleeping body. His eyes were sad and empty. He took a deep breath and leaned agaisn't the wall. Tears glincened in his eyes, when he found himself thinking about what had happened. He feared for her. He had to know what happened and why it happened. He feared it was something bad. Was CJ not telling him something? He didn't think she was telling him the whole truth.....

He covered his face with his hand and let out a quiet sob. He walked over to the bed and kneeled down beside it. He placed his hand gently on top of her. He kissed her hand softly and nussled his nose against it softly. He laid his head down on her hand and cried softly. He cried for nothing expect.....CJ.

*************************************

Aaron opened the door and stepped out in the hallway. He leaned against the door and sighed sadly.

" Aar?" Aaron looked to his left and saw Jay walking up, " Can you take me home?" Aaron nodded and grabbed his keys.

*************************************

" Thanks for the ride, man."

" No, prob."

" See ya." Jay stepped out of the car and closed the door.

" Bye." He pulled out of the driveway and went back home.

************************************

Aaron pulled his pickup into the driveway and turned it off. He didn't step out, only looked at the person standing near their car, looking right at him.

" Oh crap." He said, annoyed. He unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of his truck.

" It's one in the morning, Craig. What the hell are you doing here?"

" Have you thought about?"

Aaron looked at him blankly, " Thought about it? I was suppost to think about something?"

Craig sighed in frustration, " About CJ, man."

Aaron huffed, " Oh my God, Craig, will you lay off?"

" I'm telling you man, you need to get away---"

" Why?" Aaron interruped, " Can you a least go a couple of minutes, answering my questions?"

Craig took a deep breath, " She's going to hurt you." He rushed out.

" Huh?"

" Your a celeb Aaron! CJ doesn't care about you. All she cares about is your money and the publicity she gets when she's seen with you! I know how these chicks are, dude. When you met Britney, I knew she was no good. And I tryed to tell you that she wasn't who she seemed to be. Am I right? Or am I right?" Aaron looked at him with cold eyes.

" You were right about Britney...but CJ is NOT Britney! Not even close!"

" How do you know?" Aaron stared at him, " You know how many girls would love to be yours? To go out and spend your money and brag that's she's Aaron Carter's girlfriend?" Aaron sighed and turned to walk back up to the porch.

" Well, that is some what true.."

" See?"

" But, Craig. CJ, didn't even no I was a celebrity before she even met me. She never heard of me before." He said, sitting on the bench.

" That's even worse! A girl finds out your a celebrity and then all of a sudden there bragin to the world, spending your money and pretending to paise you. Then untill you know it, your heart his broken and she takes you to hell with her, to make you miserable. They don't let you go. And it's not the reason you think, either, man."

" Who are you?"

" Wha?"

" Who ARE you!"

Craig leaned forward and looked into his eyes, " A friend tyring to keep you from falling into hell."

" No, your just a backstabbing friend, trying to tear us apart! You know what? Your words mean nothing to me. I don't even no why you even bothered to even try to tear apart, you know why? Cause it's not going to happen. She's not going to hurt me and you can tell me over and over and over that she is...but I don't care. Craig, if you keep this up, you can just go find yourself a new best friend. " He stood up, " You know, I have to admit, you were right about all the girls I have dated. I mean that was pretty good jugde of character man, but you know what? This time...your so wrong! Why dont' you stop trying okay, cause it's not working." He turned to toward the door ready to go in.

" Well, don't come crying to me, when she breaks your heart." Aaron stopped and turned around. His expression blank.

" When she doesn't break my heart, i'm gonna break you in half. Good fucking night, Craig."
Chapter 26 by Babyg
Aaron and CJ walked hand in hand into the crowded opera theater in downtown Orlando. As they slowly walked in, Aaron looked at CJ, his expression soft, but at the same time he was worried. He squeezed her hand lightly and kissed her cheek. She smiled at him and cuddled up against him. They finally got to their seats and sat down. Aaron looked at her once again and prayed she would say something. Anything. But she didn't. She just looked straight forward with no expression at all. Her expression made it seem like she wasn't even there. Aaron took a deep breath and closed his eyes. His eyes snapped open when he felt CJ's soft hand gently grab his and hold it firmly. He looked at her and his eyes slammed into hers. She gave him a small smile and rested her head on his shoulder. Aaron sucked in a breath and placed his arms around her, kissing her temple tenderly.

About an hour into the show, Aaron become even more nervous. He was afraid, he'll never be able to ask her about last night. The opera singer sang beautifully. Aaron slowly looked back at CJ and almost immediately felt his heart leap up to his throat. CJ portrayed a look that was too hurtful to explain. She just looked so scared and so alone, Aaron could feel the darkness and the silence start to surround him. He licked his lips and continued to watch the opera singer sing.

Later that night, after the show, the couple walked outside hand in hand in complete silence. They walked down the street, none of them said a word. Aaron took a deep breath.

" So, did you like the show?" He asked her nervously. She stayed quiet for a long while.

" Yeah." She finally whispered. Aaron let out a breath and stopped her. He stood in front of her and grabbed her shoulders.

" CJ, please tell me the truth. You didn't like it did you?" CJ closed her eyes and sighed.

" I did like it, Aar. I really did. I was very beautiful. But...." She trailed off.

" But what?" He asked calmly. CJ could feel the tears start to form. ' God, please help me tell him'. She prayed in her mind. CJ lifted Aaron's hands off her shoulders and held them.

" I appreciate everything that you have done for me, Aaron. Your love is all I need and it's the only think I'll cherish for the rest of my life. When I watch a show with someone singing, it hurts me, because singing isn't a part of my life anymore." She took a deep breath and continued, " When I was six, my life was torn away from me. I came in the house singing and really happy. Singings always made me happy. My mom and my dad attacked me and beat me. They told me to stop singing, because it was like pain to their and souls. They said I was the worst and they threatened to kill me if I ever sing again. Everytime I sing, it frightens me, because I remember back to that day. It's not just a memory. It's a nightmare! A nightmare that won't go away. I want to sing at the audition. I really do. I always believed that singing made me free. But I'm scared that if I go up on that stage, I'll see a flash and....and that nightmare will return again." She sobbed hard, barely getting the words out. Aaron placed his finger under her chin and lifted her head up. The moon shined on her tears, making them glisten.

" CJ, do you want Jive?" He asked her. She took a shaky breath.

" Yes!" She cried. Aaron looked deeply into her eyes.

" Then your the one that's gonna have to make it happen. It's all you." She took a deep breath and smiled. They passionately and embraced.
Chapter 27 by Babyg
CJ took a deep breath, looking out into the stage. She wore a white sequin gown, that hugged her figure. Her hair was up in a very cute way, a curl hung her face. Her makeup, lighted up her face, making her green eyes sparkle in the spotlight above her. She took another breath and closed her eyes. She let out a breath and turned around toward Aaron, who was standing behind her with a warm smile on his face.

" Are you ready?" He whispered in a soothing voice. CJ swallowed hard and nodded.

" I think so." She said in a tiny voice. Aaron cupped her face in his hands and stepped closer to her.

" Your gonna be great. If you need me, I'm right here. I won't leave this spot, I promise. Your not going to be alone in this. You can do this, CJ. I believe in you." He leaned down and kissed her sweetly, " Now, is the time to Shine, Chloe Martin." She smiled up at him, her eyes slamming into his.

" Chloe Martin!!" A loud voice came from out in the audience. CJ jumped at the sound of his voice. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and turned around and began to walk toward the stage. She stopped and stood still. She took a deep breath, turned and ran back into his arms.

" Oh, hunnie..." He held her tightly, whispering comforting words in her ear.

" Aaron, I'm scared! I can't---"

" No, no, no baby no." He hushed her, " It's going to be okay."

" But, the-the judge hates me." She cried.

" Forget him. It's all you out there, CJ. Your the star, not him. Just close your eyes and pretend your upon a stage, your all alone. Nobody is around. It's just you." He told her. CJ snapped her head and entered reality yet again. A small smile played along her lips as she thought about it. She glanced up at Aaron and kissed him passionately.

" You'll stay?" Aaron smiled and kissed her again.

" I'll be here the whole way. I love you, CJ."

" I love you, too." She whispered. She let out a breath and continued on to the stage. She walked over to the stage and stopped behind the microphone. Mr. Gardner tipped his glasses and peered over the rims of his glasses.

" You know, I do recall that I called you like five minutes ago, am I correct?"

CJ swallowed, " Yes, that's correct."

He shrugged, " Then why are you out here now?"

" I-I had personal problem."

" well then, if it's personal then I won't ask." He sat back in his chair and gazed at her, " You look awfully different from when I saw you last. I'm flattered that you would want to change for me." He smirked.

" I didn't change for you. I change for myself." She said to him.

" Yup. Sure you did. You know Chloe, I like the new you. The old you gave me nightmare's every night." He said rudely, his eyes cold. She breathed in sharply, trying to destroying that rude comment that was made to her.

" Um....CJ hunnie, do you have your song?" Jessica asked with a warm smile.

CJ smiled, " Yes I do."

" Okay, you----"

" Hurry up and sing you little song so I can go home!" CJ sighed and glared at him for a split second.

" Okay, hunnie, you can begin." CJ nodded slowly and her music. She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself on that stage alone. She tried harder and harder but she couldn't. She sighed, knowing she just lost. She opened her eyes and looked up into the light above. She flinched when she saw a quick flash. Her breathing became fast and hard. She glanced over at Aaron. Her breathing slowly started to slow down, when she knew what was more important. He smiled at her and that smile was worth a thousand words. She turned back toward the judges. Then she looked back up at the light. No flash came. It wanted too, but didn't. CJ wouldn't let it. She wouldn't let another horrifying memory stop her from doing what she loved to do. Her faith is what helped her fight the nightmare. The nightmare will not haunt her tonight...not tonight, not ever again.


*When I'm lost...in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way
When I'm scared
Losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around
And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got

For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you-ooh

When I lose...the will to win
I just reach for you
And I can reach the sky again
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing
'Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend
You're always on my side
Giving me faith
taking me through the night


For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
I turn to you-ooh, yeah ooh

For the arms to be my shelter
Through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For the one who...I can run to...oh
I turn to you

(Joined by Background Vocals)
For a shield from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm, yeah yeah
I turn to you
For the strength to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you...ooh.*

In someone's fantasy, a bunch of fireworks would go off at the end of something awesome. But CJ's ending was something more than that. The look on the judge's faces were priceless.

" Yes!!" Aaron ran over to CJ and scooped her up in his arms and swung her around happily. CJ couldn't believe it. She finally did it. The feeling was so overwhelming, you couldn't explain it in English.

" Oh baby, I love you so much!" He kissed her passionately, " I knew you could do it!"

" I love you!" She squealed and held him tighter.

" And I love you. You mean the world to me, baby." He whispered, capturing his lips with hers

" Ms. Martin?" Mr Gardner cleared his throat. CJ jumped away from Aaron, feeling a little embarrassed.

" Yes sir?" Mr. Gardner clicked his pen against his notebook.

" I can't say this on the record yet. But welcome to Jive." CJ gasped and she felt her heart stop at that exact moment. Aaron scooped her up in his arms once again, both of them crying in happiness.

" Thank you sir. Thank you so much!" Mr. Gardner gave her a small smile and nod. CJ took ahold of Aaron's hand they raced backstage. Once backstage, CJ happily jumped back into his arms.
Chapter 28 by Babyg
Aaron and CJ walked through the lobby, laughing and cuddling each other.

" Oh my God, I can't believe this is happening!" CJ said excitedly, jumping up and down, " It's so incredible!"

" When I say you can do, you can do it!" He teased, draping an arm around her neck and pulling her closer.

" I know. " CJ laughed, " But it's not fair for the others. They haven't even auditioned yet." Aaron stopped her and grinned.

" What are you complaining about?" CJ smiled, " You won this, hunnie. The others will definitely get their chance. I know that their just as good."

CJ nodded and smiled, " Come on!" She grabbed his hand and they ran to the elevator. They got on and CJ pushed floor 5. They rode in silence as they rode up to the fifth floor. The bell rang and they entered their floor in laughter. Their laughter suddenly stopped when they saw police officers standing outside of CJ room door.

" What tha..?" She frowned and squeezed Aaron's hand tighter.

" What's going on?" He whispered in her ear.

CJ slowly shook her head, " I have no idea." They slowly walked toward the door, nervously. One of the officers opened the door and hurried them inside. They walked inside and looked around, Beth of them getting really nervous. CJ spotted Rose and walked over to her.

" Hey, Rose. Whats going on?" She asked her. Rose didn't answer her. She just nodded toward the living room, her expression, worried and scared. CJ took a deep breath and grabbed Aaron's hand. CJ put on a gentle smile, when they walked into the living room.

" Hi." She said polity to the group of people standing there. They turned around and CJ's heart stopped. Her worst nightmare has arrived. CJ stared back into the hate filled cold eyes before her. She breathed in sharply as she prepared what was coming to her.
Chapter 29 by Babyg
" Mom?" Aaron said, confused when he saw his mother standing near the couple. She gave him a small smile.

" Hey, hunnie." Aaron looked at the mean looking people, then back at CJ.

" Sweetie....who are they?" He whispered. CJ swallowed hard.

" My parents." She said in a tiny voice. Aaron breathed hard. He turned back around just in time to see, CJ's father make his way toward him slowly. Aaron breathed in sharply as Mr. Martin stopped inches away from his face.

" Get away from my daughter," He hissed, " Now!" He growled. Aaron flinched and stepped away. Ginger grabbed him by the shoulders and held him close. Mr. Martin narrowed his eyes at his daughter and stepped before her.

" Bedroom now." He said in a low voice. CJ shrunk back slightly.

" Yes sir." She whispered. She turned and walked quickly to her bedroom.

" Excuse us, but we need to talk to our daughter alone if you don't mind." Mrs. Martin said, flatly, joining her husbands side.

" No no go ahead." Ginger said, waving her hand. They nodded and continued on into CJ's room. Aaron's breathing became faster.

" No...." He tried to go after them, but Ginger held him back.

" No! Hunnie, no." She kissed him on the cheek and held him tightly.

" Get off me!" He pushed her away angrily and sat down on the couch. He covered his face with his hands in defeat.

************

CJ fingered her old torn bible. She ran her fingers over the rough edge. She jumped when the door swung open. She whirled around and was greeted by her dad charging at her. He grabbed her by the shoulders roughly.

" LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO THIS FAMILY!!!! He screamed in her face. CJ held her ground.

" What family?! What family do we have, dad?!?!" She screamed back, '" I'm eighteen, I'm not part of your family anymore."

" Your going to be part of this family, as long as I'm alive!!!! Do you hear me?!?!" He growled, shaking her violently. She cried out and gripped his shoulders.

" No, I won't!!" She shot back. He grabbed her jaw roughly and squeezed it.

" WHAT DID YOU SAY?! YOU SAY THAT AGAIN YOU BITCH!!!" He yelled, his face just inches from hers. Tears stung in her eyes.

" Let go of me." She pleaded. She cried out in pain as he squeezed her jaw even harder, " Please let me go, daddy." She cried, trying break free. But the more she tried to get away the harder he squeezed. CJ was so afraid he'll break her jaw, which was starting to hurt tremdously.

" Your hurting me...."

" GOOD!!!!" He shruck back and connected his fist with her nose. She gasped and went crashing into the dresser, knocking her bible and a recorder off . He yanked her back up by the hair and turned her around, so she can face him.

" Your mother and I had to spend all of our bloody savings to fly down here and track down your sorry ass!!!! Now we have no money to buy food because of you!! WHAT'S ONE MORE?!?!?!" He screamed so loud, one of CJ's ear drums nearly popped completly. He let go of her and she fell to the ground sobbing. Mrs. Martin came over to her and hoasted her back up.

" Go tell your little friends that your leaving! We'll gather your things!" She said, pushing her to the door.

" Yes, maam." CJ turned and darted out of the room. She stopped just outside of the room, to whip the blood off her face and to try to remain calm. She whiped her eyes and rested her head against the wall. She closed her eyes and tried to breath normally. Just then strong hands grabbed her from behind and pushed her back into the living room. Everybody gasped and stood up.

" CJ!" Victoria tried to go to her, but was held back from Kelly.

" I have to go." CJ choked out.

" We're sorry for the inconvience that our daughter has put you guys in. She's in a lot of trouble and were taking her back to London at this very moment. I hope you can understand, Mrs. Carter." His voice boomed. Ginger slowly nodded. They grabbed CJ and pushed her out the door.

" Mom!" Aaron cried, walking toward the door.

" It's okay, hunnie."

" It's not fair!" He sobbed, " How can they come and just take her like that?!" He turned and ran out the door.

" Aaron, come back!" She yelled after him. She sighed and turned toward the girls, " I'm sorry girls. Take care."

" Yeah, you too, Mrs. Carter." Rose whispered. Kelly closed the door, then bursted into tears.

" Why is this happening?"
Chapter 30 by Babyg
Aaron burst through the front door of his house and raced to the phone. He yanked the phone up and fumbled with it. Tears blurred his vision as he struggled to dial a number. Finally he got the number punched in. He grabbed the rail of the stairs to steady himself.

" Hello?" A voice came on the other end. It was Jay.

" She's gone, Jay! They took her!" He cried.

" What?"

" They just came and took her away!"

" Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Aaron. Who took who away, man?" Jay asked calmly. Aaron took a deep breath. He looked up and saw Craig walking toward him. He glared at him for a split second before turning his attention back to Jay.

" Her parents. They just came and took her away. I'm scared, man. They yelled and screamed at her and did something terrible. Something I can't explain to you!" He cried.

Jay gasped, " Oh no. What do you want me to do?"

" I need you to go with me to the airport. We need to get CJ back, man."

" Alright, I'll be right there. Were gonna get her back man, I promise." Aaron let out a breath.

" I hope. See ya." He hung up the phone and turned toward Craig, " Craig what are you doing here?" Craig laughed and rubbed his hands together.

" You know, Aar. I absolutely LOVE being right." He snooted. Aaron whirled around and glared at him.

" Craig don't you start with me." He hissed, getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"I knew this was going to happen. Why are you being so naive, Aaron? Is it that hard to believe your best friend that your going to get hurt?" Aaron couldn't take it anymore. He shrunk back and and punched Craig right in the face, knocking him backwards.

" Your not my best friend." He gritted through his teeth. Just then Jay came running in.

" Aaron, come on!" Aaron joined Jay outside and they raced toward Jay's truck.

" Let's go! Lets go!" Aaron hopped in and buckled his seatbelt, " Hit it!" Jay punched the gas and flew down the streets as fast as he could.


******************


Back at the hotel, Kelly walked around in CJ's room. Tears stained her cheeks as she looked around the messed up room. She sighed and picked up CJ's bible and tape recorder. She frowned and slowly sat the bible down. She lifted up the recorder and examined it. The record button on the recorder was on. She pushed the rewind button the played it. She gasped as she heard the entire fight her and her father had earlier. The screaming, the hitting....everything.

" Oh my God....."


******************


Jay flew down the highway and screeched into the parking lot of the airport. He parked the car and they ran over to the airport entrance. They ran in and fought through the crowd. Aaron finally spotted CJ walking through the terminal.

" CJ!" He yelled over the noisy crowd, " CJ!!"


*****


CJ stopped when she heard a familiar voice.

" Aaron?" She whispered to herself.

" Come on!!" Her mother yanked her by the arm. She lowered her head and began walking again.

" CJ!!"

" Jay?" She frowned and turned around. She gasped when she saw Aaron and Jay running toward her.

" Aaron? Jay?" She yelled. Her parents grabbed her and began to drag her to the waiting plane.

" No! Let go! Aaron!!" She thrashed her arms and kicked wildly trying to get loose.

" Chloe Jaylyne! You stop it right now!!" Her mother scolded her. CJ stopped struggling and faced her.

" My name is CJ, mother." She hissed. She yanked her arm away and sprinted to Aaron and Jay. She ran into Aaron's arms and cried. He held her tightly, not wanting to let go.

" It' s okay. It's okay baby."

" Don't let them take me! Please Aaron, don't let them take me away!" She cried.

" I won't." He whispered.

" Let go of her!!!" Mr. Martin yelled, grabbing CJ by the back of the neck, yanking her away from Aaron. The screaming and fighting soon began.

" Hey! Hey!! HEY!!!!" Some police officers came running up and broke them apart. Two officers held Jay and Aaron back, while the other one stood in between the boys and the Martins.

" What is going on here?" The officer said sternly.

" I'm sorry officer, were just trying to get home. But our daughter is just having a bad day, she doesn't know what she's doing. Ain't that right CJ?" Her mother smirked. The officer looked at CJ and crossed his arms, waiting for an answer.

" Miss are these your parents?" He asked. CJ swallowed hard, her head feeling very heavy. Finally she nodded, with difficulty.

" So,what's the problem?" The officer asked CJ.

" Oh, I can answer that question officer." Mrs. Martin pipped up, " It's because of that boy right there!" She said, pointing an angry finger at Aaron, " He's trying to take our daughter away from us!"

Aaron gasped, " That is not true! All I'm trying to do is protect her from you!!" He yelled. The officer turned on his heal and faced him.

" Hey, now that's enough from you!!" He said with a warning glance.

" I'm sorry for the confusion officer." Mr. Martin said with a fake smile.

" It's all right sir. You guys go ahead and catch your flight." He told them, " And you two better go home right now. I don't want to see you around her again." Aaron took a breath and made an attempt to grab CJ but the officers behind him held him back. He felt defeated. He looked at CJ with sad eyes.

" Aaron, help me." She pleaded. Aaron choked back a sob.

" I can't....I love you." He cried. CJ stared at him in disbelief. She shook her head not believing what was happening. Aaron began struggling to breathe. He let out a sob and fell into Jay's arms. Aaron loved CJ more than anything and it seemed like he couldn't breathe anymore. His air was taken away. A tear escaped Jay's eye as he watched CJ disappear from eye view....
Chapter 31 by Babyg
Aaron and Jay walked through the door and flopped down on the couch. Aaron paced the living room, shaking his head and muttering to himself.

" Jay, we have got to do something."

" What are we suppost to do, Aaron? Fly all the way to England and bring her back without getting arrested?"
Jay said, shrugging. Aaron sighed and pulled at his hair angrily.

" We can't just sit on our asses and do nothing, Jay!" He cried out in frustration.

" I feel your frustration man, I really do. But these are her parents were talking about. They must've had a reason to take her back home in the first place.

" Yeah, to beat her even more than she already has in the last eighteen years!" With that said, Jay's color faded out of his face.

" CJ-CJ gets abused?" He sat down in front of him and grabbed his arms.

" Do you know how many times I dread getting up every morning and finding out that she's hurt or worse not beside me, safe? I scold myself for even thinking about that and vowed to myself that it's not going to happen. CJ's out there all alone with the most hellish...most dangerous people in her life. With no one there to protect her and I'm sitting here feeling so helpless and stupid, when I'm the one that's suppost to be out there keeping her safe." He cried softly.

" Aaron, your my best friend. You never give up on anything or anybody. You fight for them until the end. I have always envied that about you, man. You are so smart and I know you'll figure out how to get her back soon enough. You always do." Aaron smiled and nodded. Suddenly the doorbell ran.

Aaron groaned, " If that's Craig, I'm going to be cracking skulls." He got up and headed to the door, with Jay right behind him. He opened it and Rob Wilson, the counties head cop stood before them.

" Rob." Aaron sighed in relief.

" Hey, Mr. Wilson." Jay greeted him with a warm smile.
" Hello, Jay. Aaron I got a call in about a mishap that happened at the airport earlier." Rob told him. Aaron groaned and gripped the door frame.

" Come on Rob. Don't---"

" I'm not going to yell at you, Aaron. I just came by to tell you some news."

" Great more news." Jay groaned.

" What is it now?"

Rob took a deep breath, " Boy's, CJ is missing."

" Wha??"

" She escaped right before she got on the plane. I got the call about ten minutes ago. Her parents told Joe Masters, one of the officers, that CJ will be going straight to you first. That's why I came to you first to warn you that a bunch of pissed off people are going to be looking for you. Their all on their way over here as we speak." Rob told them. Aaron's eye's widened.

" She's not here, Rob! I swear to God, she's not here!"

" I believe you, Aaron. Now I advice both of you to get out of the house right now. Drive around awhile and maybe if you have a theory about where she is, don't hesitate to call me and I won't hesitate to call you if I find her, Okay?" The boys nodded, " Good. Now the cops are everywhere, questioning everybody who have came into contact with CJ. Her friends, Mr. Johnson, Ms. Baker, the judges, everybody. Their even going to question, Craig. I heard."

Jay rolled his eyes, " Craig doesn't even know her."

" Knowing, Craig, he'll probably turn her in." Aaron said, crossing his arms across his chest.

Rob frowned, " Why is that?"

" He hates her."

" Well lets just hope we find CJ, before the others find Craig." He said, chuckling a little, " Well I'm gonna go. Good luck, boys." He put his hat on and tipped it toward them.

" Thanks Rob." He closed the door and started banging his head against it.

" I can not believe this!" He started to pace the living room over and over and over again. Jay looked up at him nervously.

" Dude, will you sit down, your making me nervous...." Aaron stopped and covered his face with his hands.

" I don't know what to do." He cried. Jay stood up and placed his hands on his shoulders.

" Take a deep breath man and think, " Aaron took a deep breath and looked up at him, " Try to get inside CJ's mind. If you know her as well as you think, you would know where she is? Where does she like to go? Some special place?" Aaron blinked and looked away from him.

* Then he saw it. Him and CJ at their special place. The place he first told her he loved her.*

A smile appeared on his face as he thought about that night.

" Do you know where she is?" Jay asked.

" Yeah....I do...."


**************************


Jay pulled up along the sandy beach at the Orlando City Lake.

" Okay, are you absolutely positively sure that she's here?"

Aaron chuckled, " No. But if I know her well enough....she's here." He opened the door and climbed out, " Get ready to call Rob." Jay nodded and took out his cell and got it ready. They climbed over the rocks toward the cave. Aaron took a deep breath.

" CJ?" He whispered as he got closer to the cave.

" Aaron?!" CJ popped out of the cave and ran into his arms.

" Your here."

" Of course I am." He kissed her lightly on the lips.

" How did you know where to find me?"

" Well, I guess I just know you too well." CJ giggled.

" Rob's on his way, man." Jay told him, after hanging up with Rob. He walked over and gave CJ a big hug.

" Okay." He lifted up CJ's head with his index finger, " Your safe now." She smiled and kissed him tenderly. Suddenly, police cars and a couple of cars screeched up.

" We have company!" Jay said alarmed.

" Oh great." Aaron pushed CJ behind him. Jay moved up behind her and squeezed her in the middle of him and Aaron.

" CJ!!" Kelly yelled as she jumped out of one of the car.

" Kelly?" She stepped out and embraced her. The other's soon followed, " Oh you guys! I'm so glad your here." She cried. The officers and the Martins walked over to them. Rob came running up and shielded CJ, partly.

" Young lady, you have caused us enough trouble tonight! Now you get in that cop car and you go home with your parents." The officers said, sternly. CJ took a step back and stared at the officer.

" Now, Chloe." Her father hissed.

CJ glared at him, " No. There is no way in hell, am I going back with them officer! They'll kill me!"

" Chloe your a runaway. That is a law back in England and you broke it. Your going to be fined for your crime. And if you don't come back now, you would face a trial. Do you want that?"

CJ shook her head, " No...."

" Officer, it wasn't all CJ's doing. I made her sneak out." Kelly told him, " And there's also an exception on that law. Usually what causes a girl or boy to runaway is if they have been mistreated or lonely. And the runaway has the right to stand up for herself and turn in her abusers. For CJ, that's the exception."

" Don't be ridiculous, Kelly. Chloe does not get abused. We would never do that." Mrs. Martin sneered at her.

" You wouldn't? Just wait, I have proof that you do." She sat down her bag and got out the recorder.

" What is that?" The officer frowned.

" Proof officer..it proves that their the ones that's guilty!" Mr. Martin growled and began to charge toward her but was stopped by Rob.

" You take one more step and I will arrest you." He said, glaring at him. Mr. Martin stared back at him and moved back.

" Go ahead, Kelly." Kelly pushed the play button and let the hell all sink out. The officers gasped in horror. Officer Masters stepped forward and took the recorder from Kelly. He played it over and over. With a sigh he finally have it back to Kelly. He smiled and turned toward CJ.

" Take care, Chloe." He turned and walked back to the Martins, " Mr. and Mrs. Martin, let's take a ride." The color drained from their face as the officers took a hold of them and placed them in the cop cars. The teenagers all erupted in happiness.

" We did it!!"

" Your free CJ!" Rose said, embracing her.

" Yeah, finally!" They laughed and jumped up and down. Just then Craig came running over to Aaron. Aaron glanced at him and turned away.

" Aaron?"

" Shut up!" He warned him. The others stopped laughing and became silent.

" I just wanted---"

" I don't want to hear it Craig!"

" Will you here me out please?" He pleaded.

" Aaron just listen to him." Rob said, calmly. Aaron sighed heavily and turned his attention back to Craig.

" What?"

" Look, man. I was wrong. I was really wrong. I'm sorry I tried to prove to you that CJ was no good. She is good for you. Since Britney, you have never been this happy. And I'm happy when your happy, cause I never want to see you sad or upset. I know you love CJ and I expect that. You deserve her. Maybe the reason why I did what I did, is because....I thought I was gonna loose you." He lowed his head to the ground.

" What? Craig....your not going to loose me. I'll always be your best friend and no girl...no matter who it is, is gonna get in the middle of our friendship, man." Craig looked back up to him and smiled.

" I thought you said, I wasn't your best friend?"

Aaron chuckled," Forget what I said." He grabbed him and embraced him. Aaron took a deep breath, " Were having a non gay moment." He told the on lookers. They cracked up and ran over to them. They laughed and hugged each other.

" Hey, CJ." Craig said, smiling down at CJ.

" Hi."

" I'm Craig Velger, " He extended his hand out to her. She smiled and took it, " It's nice to meet you."

" It's nice to meet you too."

" Look, I'm sorry for all the crap I said about you. Forgive me?" CJ smiled and reached up and gave him a hug.

" Yup."

" Cool." They both shared a laugh together. CJ let go of Craig and jumped into Aaron's arms.

" Well, Ms Martin...are you ready to kick ass?"

" Yup!"

" Huh?" The girls said confused. CJ turned her head and looked at them with a smile.

" I won the competition." The girls shrieked and attacked her.

" Aaagghhh!! Get off me!!!"
Chapter 32 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Well this is the last chapter! I hope everybody enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Take care! And be sure to check out my other stories. They will be up soon!!
August 10, 2007 Chicago, IL

The dream of CJ Martin came true at last. She stood up on the huge stage at the Chicago Bears Stadium. She lifted up her head and looked out into the audience, holding hundreds of thousands of screaming fans. She looked up at the lights above her and smiled to herself. She looked over at the booth and saw the love of her life, Aaron and her best friend, Mr. Jaybird. CJ giggled to herself as she thought about Jay's nickname she gave him. He was the sweet little Jaybird.

CJ would never have to dream anymore, because she's in a dream. Her dream. And she's not going anywhere.

(Oh na, na, na)

She hosts a T.V. show--she rides the rodeo
She plays the bass in a band
She's an astronaut--
a valet at the parking lot
A farmer working the land
She is a champion--she gets the gold
She's a ballerina--the star of the show

[Chorus:]
She's--not--just a pretty face
She's--got--everything it takes
She has a fashion line--
a journalist for "Time"
Coaches a football team
She's a geologist--a romance novelist
She is a mother of three
She is a soldier--she is a wife
She is a surgeon--she'll save your life

[Chorus:]
She's--not--just a pretty face
She's--got--everything it takes
She's--mother--of the human race
She's--not--just a pretty face

Oh, oh, yeah
Oh na, na, na, na.....
She is your waitress--she is your judge--
she is your teacher
She is every woman in the world

Oh, la, la, la
She flies an airplane--
she drive a subway train
At night she pumps gasoline
She's on the council--she's on the board
She's a politician--she praises the Lord

[Repeat Second Chorus]

No, she's (she's) not (not)--
just a pretty face
She's (she's) got (got)--everything it takes
She's--not--just a pretty face
She's got everything it takes
She's not just a pretty face

A Star was born:

CJ MARTIN!

The End!

*********

Song By: Shania Twain
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7760