Fly Away by angielynn
Summary: After the death of her father and break up with her boyfriend, Ashlee introduced herself to drugs and the horrible ways of the streets. After almost a year of being sober, she find herself connecting with a former drug and alcohol abuser and helping one of his best friends deal with the same pains as they both have.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: Yes Word count: 19742 Read: 57514 Published: 05/07/06 Updated: 06/03/06
Chapter 28 by angielynn
Author's Notes:
Hello to my wonderful readers! This will be the ending of "Fly Away." I enjoyed sharing my first FF with you all, and can't wait to share more!! Enjoy!
Ashlee stepped out of the car and took a deep breath. The ride to the hotel was a silent one. Ashlee kept rehearsing in her mind how she was going to apologize to AJ, but every time she tried to find the words to say she didn’t know what should be said. She finally decided the “I’m sorry, if you don’t want to be with me, I understand” deal would suit her well enough.
She turned to Lindsey who was now standing next to her, holding in tears caused be the day’s events.

“Thank you so much,” she whispered and hugged Lindsey tightly.

She took another deep breath and walked with Nick to the doors of the hotel. They began to step inside and Ashlee turned to Nick and grabbed his arm.

“I need to have a few moments before I go in there,” she said to him. “By myself.”

Nick pressed his lips tightly together and gave her a questioning look.

She sighed, “I’m not going to run away, I promise.” She held up her pinky.

Nick smiled and locked his picky with hers, then walked inside.

Ashley turned and looked up at the sky. She could feel rain drops on her face. She closed her eyes for a few moments, then walked over to the curb and sat down.

I’m so sorry, Lord. I doubted you and gave up my faith in less then fifteen minutes, after almost a year of wonderful blessings. Alex…what am I going to do about Alex, Lord? I think I may have screwed up one of the best blessings I’ve received so far… Her prayer was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice.

“And have you seen my faith?
It can run, it can hide.”

She looked to her left and saw Brian walking way from the building; it was obvious he hadn’t noticed her sitting there. It was now raining hard and Brian just stood there.

“Jesus mend this breaking heart of mine,
that keeps on loving life.
Though I can feel the pain,
look into my eyes,
but I don't know gone without good-bye.
If I could reach the sky,
I'd try to turn the world around,
so that we could see the face of forever,
stay alive.”

Ashlee stood up and walked over to Brian. Sensing someone standing next to him, he turned to be face to face with Ashlee. He smiled and pulled her for a hug.

“Thank God,” he whispered and let go. “Nick told us what happened in there, and no, AJ’s not in there.”

“Where did he...”

“Ash?” she heard a tired, broken voice behind her.

She looked at Brian with fear and pain.

“It’ll be okay,” he whispered. He looked at AJ and nodded hello and walked back inside.

Ashlee stood with her back facing him, rain pouring down hard.

“I’m sorry,” she said softly, but loud enough so that he could hear.

“Me too.”

Ashlee cupped he mouth to keep from sobbing out loud. She closed her eyes, she felt weak and dizzy. She turned around to face him, avoiding eye contact.

“Look, Alex. If you don’t…”

“Ashlee?”

“What?” She choked out.

“Look at me, please,” he said softly.

She slowly turned her head up; she was now about two feet from him, looking into his eyes. She could see hurt and just as much pain as she was feeling right now lingering within them.

He grabbed her face gently and wiped away the tears and rain that was pouring down her face and then removed his hands so he could move the hair out of her face.

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

She looked at him in shock. “W-what?” She managed to say.

“I cannot describe to you how I felt after I let you walk out of that room. I was so upset with myself that I didn’t go after you. I thought I lost you forever, Ashlee. As me and Nick were walking out of the hospital, it hit me. I love you.”

“Um, I love you, too.” She said quietly.

“No, Ash. I am IN love with you, and I want to spend the rest of eternity with you.”

She cupped her mouth once more when she saw him get down on one knee and grabbed the other hand. He reached in his pocket and took out a small box.

Ashlee looked at him in shock.

He opened it and held it up it front of him.

“Ashlee Miller, will you spend the rest of eternity with me?”

Ashlee looked at him and slowly nodded her head.

“Yes, Alex. I will.” She whispered.

AJ’s eyes lit up and a smile spread across his face. He got up from his knee and pulled her face in a kissed her passionately. He looked into her eyes.

“My God, I love you.”

Ashlee smiled, “I love you too.”

AJ looked down at the box and took the ring out. He slid it onto her left ring finger and interlaced his fingers with hers. He looked at her again and kissed her.

“Let’s get inside.” He smiled, “We’re going to catch pneumonia.”

And the walked into the hotel, hand in hand.

The End
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7802