Perfect by Erica
Summary: 4 Models, 5 Backstreet Boys. A tour around the country holds trials and tribulations of love, work, and life in the spotlight. Read on to see just how "perfect" life is for Nick and Jade!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: No Word count: 55594 Read: 37644 Published: 05/25/06 Updated: 05/31/08
Chapter 5 by Erica
By 2:00 that afternoon, the girls and I walked into the airport in Madrid. We had two hours to shop in the airport before we had to actually leave. I loved Spain, especially since I could speak to the natives. The girls and I decided to hit the little stores first and then go get something to eat on the ground, considering that we’d be in the air for 13 hours. So, we looked around for music and magazines and enough material to keep us busy for the airtime.

When we reached the local music store in the airport, I went and asked the clerk for the Fish Bones CD. Hey, he said that he was trying to get a following here, there must be a CD out, right? She looked at me funny, but turned to her computer and typed in Fish Bones. She said that she couldn’t find anything, and basically told me that if they were any good, they would have a CD in the store. So, huh, he lied to me. Not surprising, considering that he was trying to cheat on his girlfriend.

"Whatever Jade. You don’t need him." I said to myself out loud. I kept flipping through the pop section, but Amethyst came over and tapped me on the shoulder, signaling for me to leave with her. We found the food court and ate at the Chick-fil-A. I was about to sit down when I looked up and saw Nick.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I practically yelled.
"What’s going on?" Bianca asked as she sat down at the table. "Why are you screaming?"

"I just cannot believe this. Can you please hold on for a second, I’ll be right back." I said and pushed myself away from the table.

I tried to gather my strength and composure as I walked over to Nick. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. He smiled at me and my composure flew out of the window.

"What are you doing here Jade? I didn’t think that you were leaving until tomorrow!" He said, almost as if he was happy to see me.

"Damnit, and here I was coming over here about to accuse you of following me. I forgot that you were returning to the States today too." I said and gave him an ‘I’m Sorry’ face.

"Yeah, so are you following me?" He said and chuckled.

"No, my boss called and told us that we needed to be home by tomorrow if we still want to have our jobs. That’s a reason we were celebrating this morning. Sorry about all the noise earlier." I said and blushed a little.

"Nah, it’s ok. The guys and I needed to get up anyways. I’m sorry for being such a prick about it." He said and playfully punched my shoulder.

Nick’s POV

"Nah, it’s ok. Sometimes we girls can get a little crazy." She said and punched me back.

Just then, her face changed to a semi-shocked look and I felt arms around me from behind. My face dropped and she giggled as I mouthed "Kirsten?" She nodded and I grabbed Kirsten’s arms.

"Hey babe!" I said and pulled her around in front of me. I gave her a quick kiss and she turned to look at Jade. Her face was very matter-of-fact.

"Hey honey. Who’s this?" She said, weirdly smiley.

"This is Jade. She’s a … friend of mine." I told Kirsten. Jade looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, a friend." I reiterated.

"Oh, well, hi Jade. I’m Nick’s girlfriend Kirsten. It’s nice to meet you." Kirsten said and actually stuck her hand out to Jade. Jade took it cautiously and smiled at Kirsten.
"Well, it’s very nice to meet you. I just came over to see what flight you guys were returning to the U.S. on." She said carefully.

"I think it’s flight number 1267, Virgin Atlantic to New York, you?" I responded.

"Same flight, that’s cool. I guess I’ll see you on the plane then." She said and waved. She turned around and rejoined her friends. I could feel Kirsten staring at me as I watched Jade make it back to her table.

"Ok, who the hell is she and how is it that you’ve never mentioned her before?" Kirsten demanded.

"Could you please be a little bit less of a bitch Kirsten?" AJ came to my defense. "So the guy’s got a friend that just happens to be a gorgeous babe, get over it. If you’re secure enough with yourself then you’d know that he loves you and only sees her as a friend." He moved past us with a tray of food, he nodded over to a table. I nodded back and turned back to Kirsten.

"Thanks J." I said to myself. "It’s true Kiki. I love you and Jade is just a friend. She saved me from Spain."
"What does that mean?" Kirsten asked, looking a little hurt.

"Well, as you pointed out yesterday, I do not have any idea about the Spanish speaking world. I was trying to order food a couple of days ago and I couldn’t even read the menu. She saw me struggling and came over and ordered for me." I explained.

"I’m sorry for over reacting. She seems really nice. She’s gorgeous Nick." Kirsten said, almost as if she was admitting defeat.

"Yeah, she’s pretty, but just remember, I love you." I said and kissed her. I still love her, right?


Jade’s POV

"Would you look at that fine piece of a man?" Bianca exclaimed as a guy with dark hair, sunglasses, and a goatee sat down at a table a few feet away from us.

"Yeah, he’s hot B." Savannah said continuing to eat her chicken.

"I wonder if he’s single. I think I’m gonna go find out." She said and got up from the table.

We watched her walk over to his table and sit down. He looked up in surprise as she took a place across from him. She sat there talking to him for about 5 minutes and then came back over to us grinning like crazy.

"Ohmigod! I just met the man of my dreams!" She squealed. "His name is AJ, he’s 26 years old, he’s single and he’s in a band called, oh shit, what did he call it? Fish Bones! Yeah, that’s it."

"Fish Bones? You’re serious?" I almost choked on my food. They really did exist?

"Yeah, weird name for a band, I guess, but hey, he’s hot! Plus, he’s on the same flight as us. If we choose where to sit, sorry to say girls, but you’re history." We all laughed and went back to eating our food.

Maybe I could do the same with Nick. Sit near him and talk to him for 13 hours. I just have to figure out how to get Kirsten away from him for all that time.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7834