Somewhere I Belong: The Sequel to Accidentally In Love by Teri
Past Featured StorySummary:



All Alyssa wants is a chance to prove she can take care of herself to find her own place in the world as a self-sufficient adult. That she doesn't need Nick to provide for her, that she can make it on her own, on her own terms. Can he give her what she needs and still find a way to mend the wounds that hurtful words had caused them both? What happens when a handsome and kind, man, Brandon Routh, walks into Alyssa's life and catches her attention. Will she stay loyal to the one who holds her heart, or will she turn to Brandon for comfort?
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter, Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys, Fanfiction > Real Person: Actors/Actresses Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Nothing's Impossible: A Series
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 104520 Read: 71345 Published: 07/18/06 Updated: 03/20/07

1. Chapter 1: Tainted Love by Teri

2. Chapter 2: Life Will Go On by Teri

3. Chapter 3: Girl, Interrupted by Teri

4. Chapter 4: House Warming by Teri

5. Chapter 5: National Take Your Boyfriend To Work Day by Teri

6. Chapter 6: Inner Most Thoughts Of A Lovesick Pop Star by Teri

7. Chapter 7: It's A Bird....It's A Plane....No It's... by Teri

8. Chapter 8: Man Of Steel by Teri

9. Chapter 9: Reality Bites by Teri

10. Chapter 10: Fantasy Land Revisited by Teri

11. Chapter 11: Sugar We're Goin' Down by Teri

12. Chapter 12: You've Got Mail by Teri

13. Chapter 13: A Family Affair by Teri

14. Chapter 14: Babysitting by Teri

15. Chapter 15: Date Night by Teri

16. Chapter 16: Don't Call It A Comeback by Teri

17. Chapter 17: Ain't No Other Man by Teri

18. Chapter 18: The Roaring Twenties by Teri

19. Chapter 19: Crime and Punishment... by Teri

20. Chapter 20: Stag And Hen by Teri

21. Chapter 21: Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Teri

22. Chapter 22: Attack Of The Bridezilla!! by Teri

23. Chapter 23: All's Fair In Love And War by Teri

24. Chapter 24: Fifteen Minutes Of Fame by Teri

25. Chapter 25: Media Firestorm by Teri

26. Chapter 26: The Only Difference Between Matyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage by Teri

27. Chapter 27: Happy Second Anniversary by Teri

28. Chapter 28: The Ties That Bind....And Gag by Teri

29. Chapter 29: Winter Wonderland by Teri

30. Chapter 30: Come What May by Teri

Chapter 1: Tainted Love by Teri
Author's Notes:
Okay ladies Chapter One of the sequel. Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think!! Anyways if you haven't read the prequel AIL I suggest you do so or you'll be totally lost lol.
Somewhere I Belong

Somewhere I Belong: The Sequel to Accidentally In Love

Chapter One: Tainted Love

Nick trudged into the hotel room, sufficiently miffed. He’d been near raging for days, mainly at himself for his own stupidity. He knew what she wanted, understood it, and was completely willing to give it to her, just at the time she told him he didn’t know how to react. Now it was his birthday, his 26th and here he was in Australia where they had been just a few weeks before so completely happy and tangled up in each other but now he’s alone.

He flopped down on the bed letting his legs hang off the side as he put his hands over his face wondering exactly how he’d gotten to where he was. It had already made the rounds on the message boards that he and Alyssa were ‘broken up’ despite his many attempts to claim that they’d just had a bad fight and were going to be okay. It could have been the fact that he wasn’t even sure that they would be okay that made the fans see through his own line of bull.

All of a sudden his sidekick began to ring, the ring tone he’d designated for Alyssa’s number. Surely she wouldn’t be calling him now would she? He picked up the phone answering it, “Hello?”

“Oh…ummm…hi…” Alyssa replied stammering she didn’t expect him to answer, she just wanted to leave him a voice mail.

His heart leapt up into his throat hearing her voice, “Alyssa…” He stated almost unsure if the phone call was real.

She sighed, “Yeah, that’d be me…” She paused taking a breath. “I was just….calling to umm….tell you happy birthday.”

He grinned, genuinely grinned for the first time in days. “Thank you…” He replied not really knowing what else to say.

“Did you get everything you wanted?” She asked without even really thinking, it was a question they always asked each other on their birthdays.

“No…”

Alyssa sighed, “What do you mean?” She asked knowing what he was going to say.

“I don’t have you, so no I didn’t have everything I want this year.” His voice sad, full of pain.

Alyssa bit her lip trying not to cry, “Nick, let’s not do this…I can’t deal with both of our emotions right now, I can barely handle my own.”

A tear slide down his cheek at her words, “So, umm how’s work?” He asked trying to change the subject despite the waver in his voice.

Alyssa sighed again and spoke softly, “Work’s good, been really busy with the students and such. And…ummm…I bought a condo.”

His heart sank a little lower, “You’re moving out of our house?”

“It was never ‘our’ house, it was yours, I was just there because I wanted to be with you. And that’s over now…”

He sighed, “Are we really going to do this?”

“Do what?” She asked.

“Let one stupid fight ruin the best thing that’s ever happened to either of us?” He asked fully aware of the leap of faith he was making.

“Nick, I…I love you, I want to be with you more than anything but I can’t follow you around forever. We both said things that hurt one another, and you can’t just take them back.”

“But I didn’t mean them, I was just talking out of shock and disappointment.”

“You did mean them or you wouldn’t have said them.”

“I love you Lissa.” He replied almost above a whisper.

Alyssa sighed, “I know and I love you too, very much so, and when you get back maybe we could try again but, I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?”

“Nick I think we need to be apart from each other just for a little while, I need to establish that I can take care of myself.”

“But I like taking care of you.”

Alyssa sighed, “I know you do and I love that you want to be the one to provide for me but if you really want us to work then I need to have a career. I need to feel like I make a contribution to the relationship besides just being a Backstreet Boy’s girlfriend. But anyways you must be exhausted from the show I’ll let you get some sleep.” She replied grinning a little into the phone.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, good night lover.” She said as she hung up the phone hoping that by re-opening the lines of communication that eventually it’d all work out.

He smiled as he set his phone down, she called him ‘lover’, that word alone gave him hope that everything would be ok.

The next afternoon…

AJ walked over sitting down and handed Nick a can of soda. “So how are you doing lately?”

Nick sighed, “I’m doing a little better, Ali called last night.”

All of the guys immediately looked up from whatever they were doing to look at him, a little shocked at his statement.

“What did she say?” Brian asked concerned, ever since Nick’s announcement that they’d broken up he’d been acutely aware, as well as the others had, of how miserable Nick was.

He sighed, “She called to wish me a happy birthday. We talked, she bought a condo and is moving her stuff out of the house.” He stated as he watched their expressions go from hopeful to sad.

“So no hope there?” Howie asked sincerely hoping for his own friend’s sanity that this whole mess would clear up.

“I don’t know right now. She said she loves me and wants to be with me, but that she needs to be sure that she can support herself and make a contribution to our relationship instead just being a trophy girlfriend.” Nick explained.

Kevin’s expression softened, “Kristin and I were like that for a while. She was desperately trying to prove that she could take care of herself and I just wanted to take care of her. But we got through it.”

“How?” Nick asked figuring he should do the same.

“I gave her freedom to take care of herself and what she needed to do. It paid off obviously, we got married after that and couldn’t have been happier since.”

“I hope that works for us.”

“Give it time.”

Meanwhile…

“Alyssa I’m so glad you came out tonight.” Kellie announced as she handed Alyssa a drink from behind the bar.

Alyssa gave her a weak smile, “Yeah I figured that hanging out at an LA hotspot while my best friend works the bar would be such a great time.” She retorted sarcastically.

Kellie rolled her eyes at her, “Well I’ll be here if you need me.” She replied before turning back to the drunken masses.

Alyssa stared at her drink, a cosmopolitan. Most people call it a girlie drink because of it’s pink color, however it’s one of the strongest cocktails around. Alyssa took a sip loving the burn of alcohol down her throat.

In the middle of her haze she heard, “Is this seat taken?”

She looked to her right side and blinked a couple of times at the man standing before her, tall, dark brown hair, model like looks. Absolutely breathtakingly hot. “Umm no it’s not.” She replied stammering.

The man grinned at her and sat down ordering a vodka martini, dry, with two olives.

“That’s quite a drink you ordered.” Alyssa stated not even realizing she was speaking out loud.

The man smiled wider at her, “Well it’s a complicated night, I’m celebrating and also nursing a recent breakup.”

“What are you celebrating?” Alyssa asked she couldn’t believe how easily she talked to him.

He sighed, “The critics are raving about my first starring role.”

Alyssa’s eyebrows raised, “You’re an actor I take it then.”

He nodded, “Yeah, I am.”

“What’s your name?” She asked.

He looked at her a moment and then stuck out his hand, “Brandon Routh and you are?”

Alyssa smiled shaking his hand, “Alyssa Monroe. So that’s Routh like south right?”

He grinned, “Yeah, of the Norwalk, Iowa Rouths.”

“You were saying that you’re nursing a breakup what happened?”

“My girlfriend Courtney and I had a fight and broke up, we’ll probably be okay, we’ve had that happen before.”

Alyssa nodded, “I can totally sympathize.”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He asked his eyes sparkling in the low light of the club.

“Yes….no….I don’t know.” Alyssa said her brow furrowing in frustration.

“You seem confused about that.” He joked.

Alyssa sighed, “My boyfriend Nick and I had a really stupid fight not too long ago, and we broke up kind of like you and your girl, Courtney. And he’s away on business right now and I just miss him you know?”

Brandon nodded in agreement, “Understandable, I bet he’s on his business trip kicking himself for losing such a great girl.”

Alyssa blushed at the obvious flirtation. Just then Kellie appeared having watched them not liking the casual flirting between them. “Hey girlie I’m off now let’s go.” She announced pulling on Alyssa’s arm.

Alyssa turned to Brandon for a second grinning at him, “It was nice to meet you Brandon.”

“You too, can I call you sometime we can trade dating horror stories?” Brandon offered taking out his cell phone handing it to her.

Alyssa took programming in her phone number and handed it back to him before she was whisked away out of the club by Kellie.

Once outside Kellie stopped, “What the hell are you doing?”

Alyssa shot her a look, “What do you mean?”

Kellie opened her car door as they both got inside the car, “Hello, you gave your phone number to a complete stranger. A guy no less!”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “So what he was nice and he has a girlfriend. I can’t talk to another guy now?”

Kellie sighed, “But what about Nick?”

Alyssa looked out the window and stayed silent for the rest of the drive.

Chapter 2: Life Will Go On by Teri
Author's Notes:
So I passed my music test, yay! And I'm almost done writing chapter four, double yay! So I decided to be nice and give you all another chapter. Hopefully if I make it to chapter 6 or 7 I'll update again. But anyways let me know what you think!!

Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Two: Life Will Go On

“Tender dreams, shadows fall. Love too sweet, to recall. Dry your eyes, Face the dawn. Life will go on, life will go on. Broken heart find your way. Make it through just this day. Face the world on your own. Life will go on” (**)

“Aaron be careful!” Alyssa shouted as she and Aaron carried the wrought iron frame up the stairs of her condo narrowly missing the wall.

Aaron rolled his eyes, “Why didn’t you get professionals to do this?” He asked as they set the largest part of the frame against the wall of the master bedroom.

“’Cause I’m cheap.” Alyssa shot back making Aaron laugh at her. She was glad that he was there to help her with all of her things. Before moving she’d decided that she was only going to take whatever could fit in boxes, since those were the only things that were truly hers, Nick had bought all the furniture in the house when they’d moved in.

They walked back down the stairs hitching the dolly underneath her new dresser lifting it carefully so not to injure themselves as they carried that up the stairs as well.

Coming back down Aaron flopped down on the couch and whined, “Seriously Ali can we take a break?”

Alyssa gave him a strange look and then giggled, “You sound exactly like Nick.”

“Do not.”

“Do too.” Alyssa countered. “Same damn whine. At least his is sexier though.” She shot back getting a sad look on her face as he shot her a look.

Aaron patted the cushion next to him motioning for her to sit. As she did so he asked, “Why did you two break up?”

Alyssa looked at her hands willing herself to control her emotions. “We had a fight. He’d just gotten the news about Kevin leaving the group and when I told him that I couldn’t go on tour with him for the last leg, he flipped out.”

“Did you expect him to?”

Alyssa sighed, “Yeah, but I expected him to get over it pretty quickly, and not ask me to quit my job.”

Aaron rolled his eyes, “Sounds like him all right. He was pissed and not thinking. He loves that you love your job, and under any other circumstance he wouldn’t have asked you that.”

“I just…I’m highly annoyed at him right now.” Alyssa replied with an exasperated sigh.

Later on…

“Ok pizza’s ordered…”Alyssa stated coming back into the living room seeing Kellie and Aaron in a lip lock. She stood there a moment staring at them with an amused smirk on her face.

Kellie noticed that Alyssa was there and broke apart, “What?”

“Umm is there something I should know about?” Alyssa retorted as she sat down on the other side of the enormous ‘L’ shaped sofa.

“Should we tell her?” Aaron asked glancing to Kellie as she nodded in agreement. Aaron turned back to Alyssa still with an amused smirk on her face. “We’re dating…right?”

Kellie grinned at him, “Right, we’ve been out on like what four dates?”

“In the past week.”

Alyssa’s eyebrows raised at the two of them, “Actual dates?”

Kellie laughed a little, “Yeah unlike you and Nick we didn’t hop in the sack first then decide to date later.”

Aaron gave them both shocked expressions, “That’s how it happened?”

“Pretty much yeah.” Alyssa replied rolling her eyes as Aaron raised his eyebrows at her. “What it’s not like he got me drunk or anything. He and I had a stupid pact that if he and I were single and I were still a virgin by my 21st birthday that he’d be my first. It was never taken seriously until about a month before my birthday when we discussed it and decided that yeah if I’m single, because I was still with Tom at the time, that it’d be ok and that we wouldn’t let it get in the way of our friendship.”

“And how did that work out?” Kellie asked with a sarcastic grin.

Alyssa laughed, “It didn’t I fell in love…” She explained as Kellie gave her a look, “Okay I realized that I was still in love, that I had never moved on like I had tried so desperately to.”

“Looking back on it now, I can see how much he loves you.” Aaron stated getting a look from them both. “I’m serious, after you hurt yourself Ali, the way he looked at you changed. Like before he’d always looked at you with admiration that you were so strong and fun to be with. But after that he changed to really trying to protect you. I remember him saying something to me about it. How he wished he’d known sooner about you cutting because it killed him to see you in so much pain.” Aaron explained as Alyssa got a solemn look on her face.

Meanwhile…

Nick looked around him seeing future Hall of Famers surrounding him and the guys. He looked to his right side, the side Alyssa normally would be and saw Howie there instead. He sighed, she always wanted to go to Hawaii and now here he was getting ready for the Pro-Bowl half time special which combined two of Alyssa’s favorite things, music and football. He wondered what she was doing right now. No doubt moving her things into her new place.

That was going to suck, going home and not seeing her there, the house was going to be so empty without her. Nick had gotten used to seeing her stuff lying everywhere, bras, thigh highs, shoes, girlie magazines, soccer cleats and now he wasn’t going to see that anymore.

AJ patted him on the shoulder noticing the look Nick had, “Don’t worry man,” He whispered, “She’ll come around.”

Nick rolled his eyes, he didn’t want her to come around. He wanted her back, in his arms, in their bed, where she belonged.

They ran through sound check and talked with the players. Then went back to the hotel. Chris looked at his friend, happy Nick had invited him, David, James and Brent along, “So, are you okay man? You’ve been really off lately.”

Brent sighed he knew exactly what was bothering him, “Chris leave him alone. He’s missing a certain brunette.”

Chris chuckled a bit, “Dude you need to get laid, get her off your mind.”

Nick shot him a look, “I don’t need to get laid, I just need to talk things through with Lissa and everything will be okay again.” He explained with an exasperated sigh.

David looked at him, “You are so whipped.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “I love her, I’m sorry if that means I’m whipped but I don’t care. And when she and I get back together I’m gonna marry her.”

A collective gasp rang through the room, “Dude, are you sure?” James asked.

Brent smiled at Nick, “Hey guys chill he’s really in love with her. And she loves you too right?”

Nick grinned a little, “Yeah she does, she’s just mad because I said some really stupid shit that I didn’t mean.”

“What did you say?”

“I asked her to quit her job. And you guys know how independent she is, she just got really pissed and we fought and said stupid things and broke up. So I’m giving her time and letting her figure out that she can take care of herself, she even moved out.”

“But dude, marriage, as in sex with one woman for the rest of your life.” Chris reasoned.

Nick laughed a little, “Correction sex with Alyssa for the rest of my life. That right there is paradise, seriously she’s the best that I’ve ever had. It’s not just the sex either it’s everything her whole attitude, the way she smiles, cooks, how amazing it is to wake up next to her.” Nick shot back.

James smiled at Nick noticing the change in his voice when he spoke about Alyssa. “Well you better get back with her, just talking about her changes you.”

“What do you mean?” Nick asked perplexed.

James laughed a little, “When you were talking about her, your mannerisms completely changed, you look happy when you talk about her.”

“Yeah and if I hadn’t fucked up she’d be at home right now grading papers and preparing her lectures, instead of moving her things out of our house.”

“That’s crazy though you getting married, next you’re gonna tell me that you want her to get pregnant.” David retorted.

Nick got a hurt look on his face, “She had a miscarriage last summer.” Everyone got shocked expressions on their faces. Nick continued sighing a little, “She was three months, and didn’t realize it. She told me after it happened, I was a fucking wreck. I really wanted her to get pregnant, and then to find out she was pregnant and lost the baby hurt like hell.”

“What might of happened if she didn’t have a miscarriage?”

Nick thought a moment, “I’d be at home with her and our daughter.”

“Daughter?”

Nick sighed, “Yeah the doctors told her at the hospital. She was so broken up about it, she thought it was all her fault. But we got through it and were doing so well and let one stupid fight fuck up the best relationship I’ve ever had.”

************************

Alyssa Narrating:

Okay I know what you’re thinking, that I’m an idiot right?

Well yeah you got me there I am an idiot. But so is my boyfriend or well my ex-boyfriend at the moment. I’m so unbelievably disappointed in him. I knew that he wasn’t going to like the fact that I couldn’t go.

And yes it was horrible timing with the whole Kevin thing but I couldn’t not tell him then. I’d put it off for far too long. I knew before Kellie and I surprised him that I wouldn’t be going but I couldn’t tell him. I didn’t want to tell him, in case there was a change and somehow I could go.

But obviously that didn’t happen.

Furthermore I can’t believe I actually moved out. Actually got my own place, a place that’s just mine and no one else's. I love it, it’s perfect, it’s got all the architectural styles that I like and the furniture I picked out fits me. Aaron helped me out with that one. I love that kid, well he’s not a kid anymore. That alone is just weird, Aaron an adult?

I mean I knew it would happen that Aaron and Angel would eventually have to grow up, but still he’s matured and is dating my best friend. Seeing him and Kellie together is kind of cute, true the age difference is there but still he dotes on her like no other. She eats it up too, and they look genuinely happy together. It’s just not something I’m used to.

Now I know why everyone would make fun of Nick and I. Kel and Aaron are sickeningly cute. And just seeing them together makes me miss a certain someone even more.

I know we’ll get back together, eventually of course. But still I miss him. I miss all those little things. Like how he giggles when he’s drunk or how he plays with my hair. The expression he makes when he knows he’s said something that isn’t right and plays into the stereotype of being a ‘dumb blonde’. Or how he’s my human heating blanket for when I get cold, and let’s face it that happens a lot.

All these things make me see how much I miss him, and need him in my life.

Right now he’s off traveling. He went to Norway for the Hollywood Knights charity basketball game. I saw the pictures of it online and he looked happy, playing basketball always makes him that way. It completely relaxes him.

The one thing though I was expecting was that at the after party he was photographed kissing a girl. Some buxom blonde beauty at the bar. And as much as it’s really none of my business anymore it still hurt. I expected it though, he’s single, he has every right to do whatever he wants with other women now.

But that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

And then there’s Brandon.

He’s been really great. We’ve been hanging out a lot lately just talking and sharing experiences and things like that. It’s nice, for once, to be able to talk to someone who doesn’t know your entire life story.

I know what you’re thinking, that I should be waiting for Nick to come home and then makeup or whatever. I mean I know I want that, but why can’t I see what else is out there until then? Hell he is. I’m not just talking about the girl in Norway, there are pictures of him with girls all over the net.

Maybe Nick isn’t my one, maybe our breakup is a chance for me to find that person. Hell maybe someone I’ve never met is, you never know right? Or maybe I’m just meant to be alone and the whole idea of soul mates is just something cooked up by the candy, flower and greeting card industries.

Who knows right?

End Narration.

******************************

(**) Life Will Go On ~ By Chris Isaac

Chapter 3: Girl, Interrupted by Teri
Author's Notes:
Okay here is chapter 3 FINALLY!!! LOL I couldn't log on for the past two days some silly computer glitch, but obviously got resolved. Anyways here is chapter 3 enjoy and let me know what you think and again thank you so much for all your feedback it's so awesome!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Three: Girl, Interrupted

 

Alyssa surveyed the room around her as she sat on the hardwood floor of her new condo. Empty boxes strewn every which way creating a maze of sorts throughout the room. Sighing she pulled the last box over to herself and began to dig through it. She pulled out a photo album that had 2005 printed on the binding, feeling adventurous she flipped it open. She giggled at the pictures on the first page all of the guys at sound check and then out to a party the five of them.

 

When the hell was she ever going to see that again, all five of them together on stage? Probably not for a very long time her mind answered. She continued to flip through the pages smiling at some of the pictures, each bringing back a memory that she’d almost forgotten about. All of them made her sigh though, she’d let one stupid fight get in the way of all that happiness, all that love.

 

Her sidekick buzzed across the floor and she sighed answering it, “Alyssa Monroe…” She’d started answering it that way when she’d moved into the condo.

 

“…Hi…” Nick answered back he didn’t even realized he’d dialed the number before it was too late.

 

Alyssa’s breath caught in her throat. “Nick?” She asked already knowing it was him on the other end of the phone. She’d been expecting Brandon to call since they had to cancel their dinner plans.

 

He looked around a moment before answering, “Yeah, I uhh….wanted to call and tell you that I got back, and um…maybe see your new place.” He answered as an awkward silence settled over them.

 

Alyssa sighed, “Um sure that’d be great, when do you want to come over?”

 

“Is now ok?”

 

Alyssa grinned, that answer was so typical of him. “Sure let me give you directions.” She began as she rattled off the directions to her condo which was located in Huntington Beach, otherwise known as ‘Surf City USA’. It was a little ways away from her job but she didn’t care, she only had to commute there about three times a week for classes, office hours and meetings.

 

She knew he’d love it, she’d fallen in love with the place as soon as she saw the outside, she was on the top floor, large windows that gave you a perfect view of the water in every room of the condo and spacious with a curved staircase that lead to the loft-like master bedroom and master bath which was just past the king sized wrought iron bed she’d just purchased.

 

“Ok I’ll be over as soon as I can.” He replied before they rang off. Now he had a little bit of drive ahead of him. He hated trying to drive the highway this time of day especially the 405 but if he didn’t he knew it’d take him well over an hour to get there. He quickly walked out to his black BMW getting in and backing out of the driveway hoping the traffic gods would smile on him as he headed for the 405.

 

Alyssa rushed throughout the condo picking up every box and folding it flat trying to clean up as much as possible, once all but one of the boxes were left she took the folded boxes and put them in her storage unit, who knew when she’d have to move again or need a box to store things?

 

Satisfied that the condo was clean to her liking she quickly ran up the stairs to her bathroom and took a look at herself she wanted to look irresistible, but not like she was trying to. She missed him, hadn’t seen him in a few months because he traveled a lot since the tour had ended, no doubt reluctant to come home to an empty house. She’d kept tabs on him though checking out the message boards and the fan sites to make sure he was okay.

 

The last time he’d called about two weeks before now, he was frustrated, staying in the Keys with a good friend of his who’s a highly respected member of the Key West community. The bad news was that he had the cops investigating him on a possible sexual assault charge. Of course she wondered just how he’d gotten into that situation but one word explained the entire thing, Bean. She hated Rob with a passion, merely because no matter how many times she’d tell him off, he still hit on her.

 

Whenever he’d hang out with Rob, it always ended up in him doing something monumentally stupid like jumping off the top of his boat into the water, which he broke his toe doing. But never had it ever gotten so far as to involve the law. She listened to him explain everything that happened, believed him of course, he’d never lied to her before then so why would he start now, but she couldn’t deny of course somewhere in the corner of her mind that she wasn’t just a little bit wary of the whole thing.

 

Nick, of course, wasn’t charged, and the story thankfully hadn’t become the media scandal everyone thought it would be, much to the dismay of a few reporters and bloggers who felt the need to rip the entire thing and Nick apart. At least the national media hadn’t caught on to it.

 

She brushed those thoughts aside as she walked over to her closet debating whether or not to change out of what she was wearing, low rise jeans that hugged her hips perfectly, and her favorite black spaghetti-strap tank that had the Buccaneers logo emblazoned across her chest. But she didn’t have time to decide as there was a knock on her door. She glanced at the clock seeing that a little over an hour had passed as she bounded down the stairs and looked out the peep-hole smiling when she saw Nick. She opened her door leaning against it a little allowing him inside.

 

The second he laid eyes on her he fought the urge to pull her into his arms, press her against the wall and kiss the utter hell out of her. Wearing those jeans and that shirt, did she realize how she affected him?

 

She smirked as his eyes roamed over her as he walked in. “So do you want the tour?”

 

Nick turned to her as she shut the door locking it as she leaned on it staring at him. He grinned a little, just completely content to be back in her presence again after not seeing her for three months practically, although thoughts of how much he’d missed her skin touching his was beginning to take a serious toll on his will power.

 

“Yeah the tour sounds great.” He replied letting his eyes sweep over her body again landing on her hands, how he missed those hands, the way they fit so perfectly into his, how delicate and soft her skin was, how her neatly manicured but short nails would dig into his shoulders. He shook his head at the thought as she lead him to the back room where the guest bedroom was, it was decorated in a very beachy theme with lots of white, blues, and greens a little bit of beige.

 

He already loved the place, merely because it was hers, something she’d gotten on her own. He smiled as he walked into the other guest room that had been turned into her study, bookcases lined one wall, her desk in front of them a couch and a large easy chair for reading in the corner, all with low reading lights on end tables, and on top of the bookcases throughout the room. She showed him the guest bathroom, the living area that held the television, and large lounging couches that could literally fit two people laying side by side on them.  She walked through the chef’s kitchen letting him find the refrigerator that was camouflaged to the exact exterior of all the other cabinets in the room. 

 

Finally she stopped just before the stairs a little hesitant about showing him her bedroom, when she had been buying her bedroom set more than once the thought of how easy it would be to handcuff Nick to her bed crossed her mind.

 

He smiled a little at her apprehension and walked past her up the small staircase figuring that was where her bedroom was. He stopped cold looking at the room, the wrought iron bed, everything was in deep shades of silvery-blue, from the curtains to the comforter and the overstuffed chair in the corner. Alyssa walked up the stairs going over to lean on the glass block wall, that made the bedroom invisible to anyone standing below but cast deceptive and distorted shadows if the lights were on.

 

“Do you like it?” She asked, knowing full well that he did, or else he wouldn’t have reacted the way he did, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

 

Nick turned to look at her seeing her there he walked over looking straight into her eyes as he leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers.

 

Her hands slid up his chest as he deepened the kiss and pressed her body into the thick glass block wall behind them. Alyssa recoiled a second later pushing him away as they both tried to regain their breathing. She couldn’t look at him, not with the look of pure longing on his face, she knew if she did she’d give in and she couldn’t, at least not yet.

 

“I’m sorry…” Nick began but stopped himself as he looked at her, “You know what I’m not sorry, I had to kiss you and I definitely don’t regret it.”

 

Alyssa averted her eyes from his knowing how much power his eyes held over her. “Nick…we can’t…I can’t… do this.”

 

He smirked and walked over to her placing a hand on either side of her pinning her between him and the cool glass blocks. Nick moved one hand to brush a piece of her long dark hair behind her ear as he stared her straight in the eyes. “Why don’t I believe that?”

 

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide as she stared at him, not believing he was being so forward, he never was one to make the first move unless he was drunk, which by the look of him, he wasn’t. She managed to wriggle away from him and went down stairs into her kitchen as he followed pulling up a barstool and rested his elbows on the bar as he watched her rummage around the room for food. “What are you hungry for?” She asked not turning to look at him.

 

“You.” Nick stated rather bluntly. She turned to him shooting him a ‘don’t even think about it’ look. “Sorry you asked what I’m hungry for and it’s been three months.”

 

Alyssa snickered at him, “Yeah I’m sure the blonde in Bergen didn’t count right?” She blurted out without even thinking.

 

Nick stared at her, astonished at her bluntness and amused that she’d been keeping track of him. “You’ve been keeping track of me I see.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes as she cut into an apple slicing it up. “You expected me not to? Just because we’re not together doesn’t mean that I don’t still love you, or that I don’t worry about you.” She stated as he got a smirk on his face. “And don’t think I’m jealous, I’m not. Who you’re fucking is none of my concern anymore.” She finished placing the various fruits and vegetables she’d sliced on the plate arranging them around for a moment.

 

Nick got up and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind making her stop what she was doing. He leaned down next to her ear and replied, “I didn’t fuck her. Or anyone else for that matter.”

 

She turned her head up and looked at him as he moved to her side before he continued.

 

“I was drunk and missing you like crazy and she kissed me. And yes I admit I kissed her back, that’s when Aaron came over and got me the hell out of there before I did something I knew I’d regret.”

 

“Why would you regret it?” Alyssa asked as she grabbed the plate and placed it on the bar as they both picked at it.

 

Nick sighed, “Because she wasn’t you.”

 

Alyssa put her hands on the counter and looked away, “Nick, please…” She stammered trying to reign in her emotions.

 

“What do you want me to say, that I’m sorry? Yes I’m sorry I acted like a complete insensitive asshole. I know that you want your independence and I’m willing to give it to you, but that’s not going to stop me from loving you.”

 

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment running her tongue stud over her lips. She breathed a moment then looked at him, “You’re willing to give me a chance to prove that I can take care of myself?”

 

Nick smiled at her, “If it means that you’ll come back to me, then yes I am.”

 

Alyssa grinned at him and nodded in agreement she grabbed a piece of avocado and popped it into her mouth. “Did you know Aaron has a girlfriend?”

 

Nick’s eyebrows raised in surprise, “When we were in Norway for the Hollywood Knights game he told me that he’d just started seeing someone.”

 

“You’re going to laugh when I tell you who.”

 

Nick looked at her a little scared at the possibilities, Aaron had said he’d moved on from Alyssa but that could have been a lie. “Who?” He asked warily.

 

Alyssa giggled at him, “It’s not me so relax already.” She stated as he let out a breath sighing in relief. “Besides, I’d never date Aaron, he’s too skinny, too young. But anyways I’m getting away from myself, he’s dating Kellie.”

 

Nick’s eyes widened, “No shit…”

 

“Yeah that was my reaction too when I caught them kissing. It’s weird Kellie just turned 22 and Aaron is only 18.”

 

Nick snicker-snorted at her, Kellie and Aaron were the same age difference as her and Nick, nearly four years, just reversed gender roles. “How old were you when I was 22?” He asked already knowing the answer.

 

“Eighteen, so what? You waited until I was 21 to make a move on me.”

 

“Still, same age difference, and it’s not like we didn’t think about being together at the time.”

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes in response as she began to clean up the kitchen a little bit bending over in the refrigerator to put the excess fruit and vegetables away.

 

Nick’s eyes strayed to the small of her back as he saw a flash of something. Something that he’d never seen before. “Alyssa what’s on your back?” He asked in curiosity.

 

Alyssa stood up straight and looked at him smirking. She walked over and turned lifting up her shirt a little showing him the ink on the small of her back. His suspicions were confirmed as he saw the very intricate design of a circular Celtic knot embellished with black shading and a green outline to it. Nick recognized the design immediately, he’d drawn it for her years ago when she was thinking of getting a tattoo to honor her mother’s Irish ancestry. He just never thought she’d get it on her lower back, or that it’d look that sexy on her. 

 

He turned her around pulling her body flush against his as he leaned down to her, “I can’t take this anymore.” He mumbled against her lips as he kissed her, hard.

 

As if almost on instinct she tangled her hands into his hair. Nick leaned down grabbing onto the back of her thighs and hoisted her up against him as he whirled around walking into her dining room and setting her down on the table there.

 

Her hands slipped underneath his shirt lifting it up as he tightened the grip on her thighs. They broke the kiss momentarily for both their shirts to be discarded. He stared at her as she moved off of the table slipping off her jeans and then moving to undo his letting them fall to the floor as he stepped out of them slipping off his flip-flops at the same time leaving them in their underwear, thin black silk bra and boy short underwear for her, and gray boxer briefs for him.

 

Nick pulled her to him again lifting her up and carrying her into her living room throwing them both onto the L-shaped oversized couch. He pulled her to a kneeling position and turned her around and bent her over so he could closely inspect the new tattoo. He stared at it as his fingers trailed down her spine causing her to shiver. His lips soon followed running his tongue along her spine then tracing the tattoo making her shudder and moan. Nick smirked as he pulled her back up from her being on all fours, her back flush against his chest.  He trailed his hands over her starting at her neck and moving down slowly, groaning as she arched her back pushing herself more into his hands.

 

One hand stayed at her waist playing with her naval ring sliding it back and forth, tugging on it from time to time as his other hand disappeared below the silk of her underwear. Her hips ground themselves down onto his hand as she reached behind her slipping her hand under his boxer briefs moving over him at the same pace he was torturing her at.

 

Alyssa threw her head back shuddering and sighing, “Nickolas.”

 

Nick sighed as he sucked along her shoulder in response. Just then the phone rang and they both froze. Alyssa made a slight move to get it but Nick tightened his grip on her, “Let the machine get it.” He commanded as he moved his hand faster on her making her cry out and change the rhythm of her hand to match his.

 

After three rings the answering machine picked up.

 

“Al, it’s Clark, Lori and I are on the way to the hospital, she’s in labor.”

 

Alyssa pushed Nick’s hands away from her and ran over to the phone picking it up. “Clark?...Whoa slow down what hospital?” She asked standing there in just her underwear glancing at Nick who was still kneeling on the couch, a mix of emotions displayed on his face, love, lust, frustration, concern. All of which reflected in his eyes as he watched her. “Ok Clark, I’ll be there, yes I’ll call Nick and make sure he’ll be there too.” She stated before hanging up making Nick snicker at her.

 

“So you’ll call me huh?” He stated going back into the dining room as she followed and they slipped on their clothes.

 

“If Clark knew what we were doing….and about to do he would have made a u-turn to come and kick your ass.”

 

Nick laughed a little, “It’s so like your family though, to interrupt what arguably could have been the best makeup sex ever.” Nick retorted pulling her to him.

 

Alyssa looked up at him, “Ok we need to not touch right now so you can calm down.”

 

“Why? I like touching you.” He stated nuzzling her neck.

 

Alyssa giggled, “I can tell…” She replied trailing her hand over the bulge in his jeans making him groan, then whimper when she pulled away.

 

Nick whined a little when she fully pulled away from him, “I’m so going to hate Lori forever.”

 

Alyssa sighed and ran her tongue stud over her lips smirking at him, “Well if you behave yourself I’ll make it up to you.”

 

Nick visibly shuddered as he watched her tongue stud run across her lips remembering exactly how good that felt on certain areas. “Damn, if you keep that up, I’m never leaving this condo.”

 

She smirked and slipped on a pair of sandals grabbing her bag, keys and sidekick as they walked out the door. They arrived at the hospital a good forty minutes later.

 

“Lorelei Anders.” Alyssa asked the charge nurse in the maternity wing.

 

The nurse smiled, “Are you family?”

 

“I’m the Aunt of her baby. She’s having my older brother’s kid.”

 

“And you?” The nurse asked turning to Nick.

 

“He’s the uncle.” Alyssa stated making Nick grin at her.

 

The nurse smiled again, “She’s in bed 12, right around the corner from the waiting room.”

 

Alyssa thanked the nurse and they walked briskly down the hall into the waiting room seeing Kellie and Aaron sitting there already holding hands. They both looked up getting shocked expressions on their faces seeing Nick and Alyssa walk in together. “How’d you get here so fast?”

 

Kellie giggled at the dazed, exasperated looks on their faces, “We were out to lunch with Lori and Clark when her water broke.”

 

Alyssa caught on to what Kellie was giggling at, “Uh…Kel can I talk to you for a moment out in the hall?” She asked.

 

Kellie nodded getting up following Alyssa as they walked in the hall to get out of earshot of the waiting room. “Are you two getting back together?”

 

Alyssa blushed, “We were in the process of that when my dear brother called. Figures Lori would interrupt it, especially since she told me to make him work for it and not just jump him when we saw each other again.”

 

Kellie smirked, “He looked so dazed, what were you doing to him?”

 

“He found my new tattoo and we were so close Kel, seriously a few more seconds and my bra and underwear would have been in shreds along with his boxer briefs.”

 

Kellie snickered at the description, “Damn, I kind of liked not being the only one not getting any.”

 

“What, I thought you and Aaron…”

 

Kellie held up her hand, “We haven’t yet, mostly because I think I should tell him about…”

 

Alyssa interrupted knowing exactly what Kellie was going to say, “Are you sure you want him to know that you’ve fucked his brother?”

 

Kellie nodded, “I want him to know that it was only one night and that it was nothing more than a favor to you.”

 

Alyssa looked at her best friend noticing the change in her demeanor, “You really like him don’t you?” She asked.

 

Kellie grinned, “Crazy isn’t it? I mean he’s only 18 for Christ’s sake. But he’s so sweet and funny, and my God…can he kiss.”

 

Alyssa snickered at her, “Ok listening to you talk about Aaron is almost as bad as Lori talking about Clark.”

 

“I know, but Ali, it’s insane, I think I’m starting to fall for him.”

 

Alyssa’s eyebrows raised in shock.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“So…” Aaron started with a knowing smirk.

 

Nick shot him a look knowing what he was going to say, “What about you and Kellie now?”

 

Aaron smiled, “Ok, I know you’re going to think I’m crazy but hear me out. I really like her, she’s sweet and smart and beautiful and sexy as all fuck.”

 

Nick smirked at his brother, “I thought you were all in love with Ali.”

 

“I was. But I had to move on, Alyssa is never going to love me the way she loves you so I dated around for awhile and ran into Kellie while she was working at Concorde one night. So I asked her out and she said yes.”

 

“Have you and her…” Nick stated trailing off.

 

Aaron shook his head, “Not yet, I mean yeah I know she’s not a virgin and I’m most certainly not but still I think she’s a little apprehensive.”

 

Nick sighed, knowing exactly what she was apprehensive about, the fact that Aaron didn’t know about the threesome they’d had. “Well you will when the time is right and it can’t not be anything less than amazing. But I do have to ask, what are your intentions with her because she’s my friend and I don’t want you to hit it and quit it, when she might have more feelings for you than she lets on.”

 

“Dude hit it and quit it has never been my style. That was all you remember?”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “That was until Ali.”

 

Aaron grinned, “I know, and speaking of, are you two getting back together?”

 

Nick shrugged, “No clue, I think we are but we have some serious talking to do first.”

 

“Is that what you were doing? ‘Talking’ before you two came here?” Aaron asked with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

 

Nick shot him a look, “Did she tell you about the tattoo at the small of her back?”

 

Aaron smiled, “I went with her to get it, she said you’d designed it and that she wanted it where you could see it.”

 

“So I’m guessing she wants to get back together?”

 

Aaron nodded. “Yep, I helped her move before I saw you in Bergen for the game. She was a fucking wreck man. Everytime she’d see a picture of you two, she’d start crying about how stupid she was being and how much she just wanted to be wherever you were.”

 

“Why the fuck didn’t you tell me this at the game!?”

 

“Because you were fucking miserable without her, but the game distracted you from thinking about her. She loves you and she wants you back, but she still wants her independence so I’m guessing you guys are going to be going backwards for a while.”

 

“Backwards?”

 

“Yeah not living together, just dating, probably no sex.”

 

Nick snorted, “Umm you should have seen what was going on and what was about to go on at her condo, fuck I missed her. And that new tattoo? Son of a bitch, nearly came just looking at it.”

 

Aaron chuckled, “Ok I don’t need to hear that but I think that was her intention to get you to want her back so badly that you’d end up fucking her on the dining room table.”

 

Nick laughed, “Sofa, we were pretty damn close to getting to the main event when Clark called.”

 

“Yeah I made a joke about it that since you were back in town to not expect Alyssa to answer at all for a few days. You saw her bedroom right?”

 

“Yeah, how did you?”

 

Aaron smiled, “I helped her buy and move the furniture. At the furniture store I swear I heard her mutter under her breath how handcuffs would look on the rails.”

 

Nick’s breath caught in his throat, “That’s the one thing we haven’t tried yet, the whole domination thing. We both want to try it. I think her even more so that I do if that’s even possible.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Think of Kellie in something really sexy telling you what to do.”

 

Aaron thought a moment sitting back in the chair, “Fuck, now you got me wanting to try it with Kel.”

 

“See what I mean? Alyssa is amazing at being forceful, and she literally gets off on power trips.”

 

Kellie walked back in a second later, sans Alyssa, taking her seat next to Aaron.

 

“Where’s Ali?” Aaron asked.

 

Kellie grinned, “She went to check in on Lori.”

 

Meanwhile Alyssa walked into the hospital room seeing Lori lying on the bed dressed in a hospital gown with Clark dabbing her forehead with a wet cloth.

 

Clark looked up smiling at his sister. “Hey Ali.”

 

Alyssa smiled in response walking over next to Lori.

 

“Thank God you’re here.” Lori exclaimed. “Clark could you get me some more crushed ice?”

 

Clark smiled and kissed her forehead taking the cup from her before walking out.

 

Lori outstretched her hand to Alyssa. She took it in hers, “How far are you?” She asked.

 

Lori sighed as the contraction passed, “I’m almost ready to go. Did you call Nick?”

 

Alyssa smiled, “He was at my place when Clark called.”

 

Lori got a shocked look on her face, “Are you two…?”

 

“Quite possibly. Let’s just say my nephew has the worst timing, ever.”

 

Lori laughed then grimaced a little, “What about Brandon?”

 

“What about him? Brandon is a sweetheart but both our hearts belong to other people. And keeping him as a friend is what I intend to do.”

 

“Does Nick know about him?”

 

Alyssa sighed, “No…”

 

Meanwhile…

 

Clark walked into the waiting room to check on everyone, “Nick? You got here fast. Did Alyssa call you on the way here?” He asked.

 

Kellie snickered, “He came in with her.” She answered.

 

Clark looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Oh really?”

 

Nick laughed a little, “Yeah your son has the absolute worst timing.”

 

Clark smiled at him, “Just like his mother. I’m glad you and Alyssa are talking again, especially with the new guy around.”

 

Nick looked over at him, “New guy, what new guy?”

 

Clark got an ‘oh shit’ look on his face, “Alyssa didn’t mention that did she?”

 

A pang of jealousy shot through Nick as he thought of Alyssa being with someone else. Having to compete for her affections with some other guy.

 

Kellie saw the look on his face and reached over putting her hand on his knee. “Don’t worry, Brandon has a girlfriend. They met at Concorde and have been hanging out ever since. She swears that they’re just friends.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “And when have you ever believed that?” He replied referring to when everyone knew him and Alyssa as ‘just friends’.

 

At that very instant Alyssa came running into the waiting room, “Clark they’re taking her to the delivery room, come on.” She announced as they both left the room. They walked over being handed each a set of scrubs to change into as they were led to the delivery room. Months before Lori had asked Alyssa to be in the room with her to give her something to focus on beside the cheerleader-esque nurses and what would sure to be a teary-eyed Clark.

 

Several hours later…

 

Alyssa came bounding into the waiting room with a huge cheesy grin on her face. “He’s perfect.” She announced noticing how everyone was there. The guys, Leighanne, Baylee, Kristin, and Lee.

 

Kristin smiled at Alyssa, “What does he look like?”

 

Alyssa grinned even wider, “Reddish-brown hair, the bluest eyes, he’s completely beautiful. Just so completely perfect.”

 

Nick grinned and pulled her into his arms hugging her close, a move that made everyone look at them with hopeful smiles. “Can we see him?” He asked.

 

Alyssa broke away taking his hand leading everyone into Lori’s room. She was propped up on the bed cradling her son in her arms with Clark seated next to them staring at them both adoringly.

 

Lori looked over seeing everyone walk in smiling at them. Everyone gathered around surrounding the new family smiles all around. “Everyone…Clark and I would like to present…” Lori began looking to Clark.

 

“Jameson Nickolas Monroe.” Clark finished kissing Lori’s temple.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4: House Warming by Teri
Author's Notes:
I decided to post chapter 4. I made a deal with myself that if I work up to chapter 12 then I'll update again, I'm on chapter 8 so it shouldn't be too hard considering how fast I got this far.
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Four: House Warming

**********************************

Nick Narrating:

I hate Lori. Okay I don’t really hate her. It’s just I’m frustrated as all hell. Alyssa and I are thankfully on the road to mending the damage my foot-in-mouth-itis caused. But everytime we’ve tried to get back to the physical part of our relationship one of our friends or family fucking interrupts it.

First it was Lori, of course she had a good reason, she was having a kid. Second was my brother and his girlfriend, who obviously happens to be Kellie, walk into Alyssa’s apartment hear us going at it and he decides to run up the stairs and start cheering. We were so close to it that we both we’re going crazy and my brother does that…….total fucking mood killer. Then Olivia called sad that Angela’s and her adoption proceedings fell through…again. Or when Mary called to remind Alyssa that it was the one year anniversary of her father’s passing. Spent the entire night holding her as she cried.

That was hard, knowing it’s been one year since Jamie passed away. Also I think it was completely appropriate for Clark and Lori to name their son after Jamie. And I have to admit it was really cool to have my name be a part of that too. The baby is perfect, sweet, quiet and so tiny that I feel like a giant holding him. He’s my nephew, and to know that I’m an uncle, even though technically I am with Brian’s son Baylee, is just crazy. And it makes me want Alyssa to get pregnant more and more.

Crazy I know right? But I as much as I want her to get pregnant, it wouldn’t be the best thing right now. She’s working and I’m working, getting ready to do a new album with the guys, without Kevin of course, and then getting ready to do a reality show with my siblings.

Yeah I know, how did I get roped into that one?

Well seeing Alyssa’s family and how well they all work together makes me want that with my family. Having that with my parents is out of the question so my siblings it is. We decided on the show because I want to show people that besides fame and shit like that, that family is important and maybe show someone that’s had a messy divorce in their family that there is something to be salvaged from it.

I know sounds like bull shit doesn’t it? It’s not though I love my siblings very much and if going on a reality show helps me to help them out with their issues then damn it that’s what I’m going to do.

Alyssa thinks it’s funny that I’m going on television when I’m really a private person. And in a way it is really funny. Bobbie, Aaron and I went and picked out the house we’re going to live in together. It’s in Beverly Hills no less, quite a large mansion too. After that I thought about selling my house in Venice beach but I can’t part with it, there’s too many memories in that house.

And eventually I want Alyssa to move back in there with me. She loves that house, and all the memories we have there from when she first moved in to when I first told her that I love her. It’s home out here in California.

Speaking of homes, I love Alyssa’s new place, everything about it fits her, the colors, the furniture. Her bedroom, damn that bed, straight out of a fantasy or something. I love that she got the place on her own terms and is taking care of herself. I want her to be independent, it’s one of the things I love about her, but I want to protect her, provide for her so she doesn’t have to worry about things like bills or a mortgage, car payments and things like that.

I just didn’t figure that her being independent means that she might be interested in someone else. And that leads me to Brandon. I almost don’t want to meet him, don’t want to see if he’s better looking than I am or if she feels something for him that she doesn’t for me.

It’s insane but I don’t want to compete for her affections, I will if I have to, hell I’ll fight the guy if necessary. She’s my girl, I should not have to convince her that she should be with me and not someone else. I don’t want to fight with her about it either. That’s why I’m afraid to bring it up, because I know she’ll get defensive and then I’ll get jealous thinking that something is there when there may very well be nothing at all.

But I need to talk to her about it.

End Narration.

*******************************

Alyssa walked out to her car from the lecture hall, seeing Brandon waiting for her standing next to his brand new Lexus. She smiled and gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek. “Hey, do you want to meet over at the restaurant?”

Brandon grinned back at her. “Sure thing.” He stated getting into his car waiting for her to pull out of her space then following her.

After they ordered at the restaurant they fell into a comfortable conversation. “So how’s everything with Courtney?”

Brandon sighed then grinned a little. “Doing much better thanks to you. She really wants to meet you, she said that anyone that can get me to admit where I was wrong is definitely someone she wants to hang out with.”

Alyssa giggled, “I’m really glad that I could help, she sounds like a sensational girl.”

“She is, I met her when I moved out here from Iowa.”

Alyssa smiled, “That’s sweet. I’m having a house warming party at my place this weekend, and I’d really like it if you both could make it.”

“That’d be great, will Nick be there?”

Alyssa nodded in response.

“And how are things going with him? Better?”

Alyssa sighed, “He wants me back, he says he’s willing to give me whatever I need just as long as we get back together.”

“That’s good though. I mean he’s willing to let you take care of yourself, that’s a pretty big step.”

“I know, I just feel like we went too fast getting into our relationship the first time around and I don’t want that to happen again.”

Brandon thought a moment, “Well what happened the first time around?”

Alyssa sighed again, “We were already living together when we started dating and it just happened so fast with all the traveling and sneaking around.”

“What does he do that makes him travel so much?”

Alyssa thought a moment before speaking not really sure how to explain what Nick does. “He’s a singer, in a vocal group and I didn’t want his fans or anyone really knowing about our relationship. And when we had finally let everyone know everyone loved the news, even the fans which surprised the hell out of me.”

“So he’s famous.”

Alyssa chuckled a bit, “Yeah and I knew everything going in, hell we’ve been friends since 1996, it’s just I was scared that the fans would react like they have in the past.”

“What happened?”

“Do you know who Willa Ford is?”

Brandon thought a moment, “Isn’t she the one dating that fighter guy?”

“Chuck Liddell, yeah she is, but Nick and her dated for three years from 1997 until 2000. She was an unsigned singer when they met and he got her a record deal because he wanted to help her out. His fans caught wind of this and went nuts over it calling her a whore and creating hate websites and booing her and all that type of stuff. And I didn’t want that, I’m not a singer, nor am I looking for any kind of fame but the fans always assume that you’re a singer or an actress or using him in some way because there’s no way you could actually be in love with someone who has all that money.”

“Ouch, but you said that even the fans like you.”

Alyssa nodded, “Well yeah, it surprised me. But it wasn’t that, that scared me, it was how I felt, how he felt.”

Brandon’s eyebrow arched in curiosity.

“I’m 22 years old and for the first time in my life I wanted to settle down. I was thinking about how amazing he’d be as a father, or how easy and comfortable it felt to say Alyssa Carter, instead of Alyssa Monroe.” Alyssa explained.

Brandon smiled at her, “And what scared you about him?”

She looked around a moment before continuing, “That he was just as serious about me. I’ve never been this much in love with anyone before.”

Brandon nodded, “I know what you mean. You’re afraid that since you’re so young that you don’t trust what you feel to be real right?” He paused a moment, “And that if you put yourself into the relationship the way your heart is telling you to, that somehow you’ll be tied down?”

Alyssa looked at him astonished at how easily he’d hit everything on the head. “Yeah, that’s exactly what I feel. Damn I thought only Nick could do that.”

Brandon smiled again, “Well you told me exactly what you feel about him that you love him but you’re scared. He would have figured it out and probably already has. Which is why you need to talk with him, let him know your anxiety, he may have some of his own too you know?”

Alyssa sat there processing everything she’d just been told.

The next night…

Alyssa opened her door smiling when she saw Nick on the other side. He walked in giving her a small kiss as he walked by. Alyssa closed the door locking it and following him into the kitchen. Nick vaulted himself up onto the counter letting his legs dangle off the sides as she continued to make dinner.

Nick watched her unsure if he should ask what he really wanted to. Ever since he’d heard about Brandon, he couldn’t help but be a little jealous that some other guy had caught Alyssa’s attention. Sighing he decided it was now or never, “So, um who’s Brandon?” He asked trying to be non-chalant about it.

Alyssa looked at him and grinned, “Brandon is a really good friend of mine, he’s cool you’d really get along with him.”

Nick sighed again he wanted to get the entire story from her without flying off the handle. “So how’d you two meet?”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “At Concorde. He and his girlfriend Courtney had a fight and we struck up a conversation about you and her. He’s been really great to me, listening when I needed an outside opinion on the subject of us.”

“Do I need to worry about him?”

Alyssa gave him a look as she chopped up vegetables for the stir fry she was making. “What do you mean?”

“You know, is he competition?”

“Competition, what am I now a prize in some game?” She asked with a sarcastic grin.

Nick rolled his eyes at her, “You know what I mean. I love you and I don’t really want to have to compete with some guy…but I will if I have to.” He explained.

Alyssa gathered up the vegetables and meat dumping them in the wok that was already on the stove making it sizzle quite loudly. “Nick, he’s just a nice guy, he knows how I feel about you, and he’s head over heels in love with his girlfriend Courtney. So trust me there’s no competition to be had. Even if he was interested, I wouldn’t go for it. I mean yes he’s attractive and an all around good guy but he’s not you.” She assured smiling at him as she stirred the contents of the wok.

“Is he coming to your party on Saturday?”

Alyssa smiled, “Yes, so is Courtney, they make a really cute couple from the pictures I’ve seen.”

Nick grinned a little, “That’s good. It’ll be cool to meet them.”

“Yeah it will.” Alyssa replied picking up the wok by it’s handle and emptying the contents onto the plate full of rice.

Nick took the plate as Alyssa put the wok in the sink and turned off the stove. They walked out onto her patio/balcony area sitting at the small table there. A small silence grew over them as they dished up their food and began to eat. Minutes later Nick decided to speak, “So, what do we tell everyone?”

Alyssa looked over at him before taking a sip of her wine, “Tell everyone?”

Nick sighed, “Yeah like when they ask how our relationship is doing do we say we’re back together or getting back together, or what?”

Alyssa thought a moment, they hadn’t really discussed anything since little Jamie had been born, just happily doting on their nephew and hanging out together when they could. “We’re back together, just taking things slowly this time around.”

Nick grinned at her, “Good, because I didn’t know either. I mean I understand what you’re doing, you’re scared and that’s okay, I am too.” Nick paused taking a drink. “But I’m glad that we’re going slower this time, it’ll help us appreciate each other more I think.”

Alyssa looked at him in shock, “Okay who are you and what have you done to my boyfriend?”

He gave her a perplexed expression in response.

“Since when are you all mature and understanding? As long as I’ve known you, you’ve never taken to change well.”

He smiled at her chuckling a bit as he stood up taking their dishes to the kitchen, Alyssa followed close behind carrying the wine glasses and wine bottle in from the terrace. “It’s because I finally realized that you have to work at a relationship everyday, and I’m more than willing to work at it with you. Liss, I mean it when I say that you’re my one.”

Once finished in the kitchen they walked over to the living room settling back on the couch Alyssa reclining back against him closing her eyes as he channel surfed stopping on the National Geographic Channel. Alyssa opened her eyes looking at what he stopped on, a sea life special. She smiled and rolled her eyes before snuggling closer to him as he wrapped his arms around her, content to just lie on the couch with her the entire night.

Alyssa shifted a little to where if she looked up her face was just under his ear. Feeling daring she kissed his neck just underneath his jaw. She grinned alittle when he tightened his arms around her sighing a little. Pleased he liked what she did she moved kissing along his jawline nibbling a little on his Adam’s apple as he groaned.

“Ali what are you doing?” He asked fully aware that she was trying to get his attention.

Alyssa ignored his comment and moved to straddle his hips pulling him into a kiss tangling her hands into his hair. Nick’s hands began to inch up her short demin skirt she’d been wearing. He pushed her underwear to the side as he began to touch her feeling exactly how much she wanted him. She whimpered into the kiss and ground herself onto his hand.

A minute later Alyssa pushed herself away from him and stood up turning the television off. He gave her a confused expression that turned to a grin when she held out her hand for him. She led him up the stairs into her bedroom. He pulled her against him kissing her slowly as he backed her up against the glass block wall. Alyssa slipped her hands underneath his shirt lifting it up as he did the same to her breaking the kiss to remove each other’s shirts. Alyssa slipped off her skirt as he pulled off his jeans.

Nick gripped her hips and lifted her up against his chest, and turned them around walking the few short steps to her bed laying her down on it. He moved his hands up her back as they continued to kiss and unhooked her bra sliding it off of her moving his kisses down the line of her throat. He moved off of her going over to her dresser looking for a condom he opened her top drawer moving her clothing around until he heard a jangle he looked down and saw a pair of handcuffs. Nick smirked getting a wicked idea. “Alyssa, close your eyes and lay down, and don’t open them.”

Alyssa thought a moment then did as she was told. The search for a condom forgotten as he discarded his boxers and he walked back over settling himself on the bed kissing her making sure to place the keys to the cuffs on the nightstand. Nick took her hands in one of his and placed them above her head taking his other hand with the handcuffs clicking them around her wrist, behind the bedpost and around the other wrist. Alyssa’s eyes shot open as she tried to move her arms. She looked up seeing her wrists restrained as a glimmer of recognition across her face.

Nick shot her a smirk and trailed his mouth down her neck biting and kissing down her chest and stomach until she was writhing underneath him. He chuckled as he placed his hands on her hips steadying her. He hooked his thumbs under her underwear and slid them down and off of her. She parted her legs for him hoping for him to get on with it already. He kissed his way down from her naval tugging on the ring there as he moved down flicking his tongue over her making her pull hard against the cuffs causing them to pinch her skin as he moved his mouth on her.

“Nickolas, please…” She begged sighing.

Nick looked up at her, “Please what?” He asked.

“Unlock the cuffs, please…I need to…” She replied stammering.

He looked at her and smirked, “No…” He stated then moved to kiss her inner thigh, tracing her tattoo with his tongue before darting his tongue inside her a move that made her back arch up off of the bed and shriek in delight. Nick’s hand traded places with his mouth as he kissed his way back up her body as she began to shudder the metal of the handcuffs rattling against the iron bed frame. Just as her release began to make it’s way through her he stopped what he was doing and entered her making her scream. Nick stopped a moment trying to prolong it for both of them, it had been too long since they’d been like this.

The sexual tension of the past two weeks had become too much for either of them to take any longer as Alyssa wrapped her legs around his hips moving hers up to meet his thrust for thrust. He stopped moving again getting an exasperated groan from her. Careful not to move away from her, he reached over grabbing the keys to the cuffs unlocking them and throwing them to the floor, needing the feeling of her nails raking down his back, which she did immediately upon having her hands freed. The feeling of her nails nearly tearing at his skin made him move again only much faster and more frantic than before. Alyssa pulled him closer to her knowing that neither of them were going to last much longer as she moved with him, each loving the sounds the other made. One last thrust and the both of them came rather loudly in each other’s arms.

Nick collapsed on top of her completely spent from what they just experienced. They both laid there not moving from their original position as they relaxed slowly coming off their high. Nick raised his head a minute later looking at Alyssa who had a satisfied grin on her face. “What?” She asked noticing the look in his eyes.

He began to laugh as she gave him a ‘what the hell’ look which only made him laugh harder. Once he regained control of his breathing he replied, “We didn’t get interrupted this time.”

Alyssa laughed a little and ran her fingers through his hair, “That’s because I told everyone if they called tonight or came over or had any kind of emergency, that I’d personally hunt their asses down.”

“So you were planning this?” He asked with a devilish grin that wound her up.

“The part where we finally get back to this, yes, the handcuffs, no. By the way, new favorite toy.” She stated proudly pointing to where he had thrown them.

He saw her wrist as she pointed noticing the red welts around each that were going to turn into some pretty impressive bruises. “You’re gonna be so bruised by tomorrow.” He remarked kissing around each wrist.

“And you’re not going to be able to lie on your back for a couple of days.”

He smiled at her, “Eh, don’t care, it was fucking worth it.”

She giggled as he rolled them over hissing a little at the contact between the comforter and his scratched-up back. Alyssa got off of him and grabbed the cuffs, “I think you should have some bruises to match don’t you?” She replied moving back to straddle his hips clicking the cuffs around his wrists and the bed.

“Hell yeah.” He replied as she leaned down capturing his mouth in a fiery kiss.

That Saturday…

Alyssa made herself busy as she ran around the condo straightening things up. She silently thanked God that she’d had enough sense to call a catering service for her house warming party instead of trying to cook and play hostess at the same time. Alyssa looked around the place seeing everything in order, food, beverages, all laid out and ready for everyone.

Lori looked over at her best friend laughing a little as she nursed the new-born in her arms. “Lissa those are some pretty impressive bruises on your arms.”

Alyssa stopped and looked down at her wrists, she was pretty damn proud of those bruises, so much so that she didn’t even try hiding them. “Yeah what of it?” She shot back pulling up a chair next to Lori.

“So I’m guessing you had a lovely time with Nick the other night?” Lori retorted faking a haughty British accent.

Alyssa chuckled and mimicked the accent, “Why yes dear, it was quite lovely especially the part where he handcuffed me to my bed and screwed me senseless.” She stated rather bluntly with an innocent look on her face.

Lori cracked up at her friend, “I’m glad you two are back to your freaky ways.”

Alyssa grinned, “Might I go into the story of how my nephew was conceived?” Alyssa countered, “I can’t believe you got pregnant being Lorelei, Mistress of the Dark or whatever freaky things you and my brother get into.”

Lori chuckled again handing her son over to Alyssa as she covered herself up from feeding him. “Well, you’re brother is pretty submissive guy so Mistress kind of fits.” She stated making Alyssa make a gagging noise. Lori laughed harder, “What’s so wrong about that?”

Alyssa gave her a look, “First of all it’s Clark, eww. And second of all you’re a mommy now.”

Lori smiled, “Just because I’m a mommy now doesn’t mean that I still don’t like to let my freak flag fly.”

Alyssa giggled a little looking down at her nephew in her arms as she slowly lulled him to sleep before placing him in his carrier rocking it back and forth. “So where is Clark anyways?”

Lori grinned a little loving to watch Alyssa interact with little Jamie who was peacefully asleep. “He’s picking Nick up, we figured that he may want to spend the night so driving him over will save him the gas mileage.”

Later on that evening…

Alyssa made her rounds around the apartment making small talk with everyone as they all mingled together. Nick watched her smiling as she gracefully moved from one conversation to the next without batting an eye. The doorbell rang and Alyssa moved to get it, but Nick got there first opening the door to see a tall guy standing there, dark hair, light skin and a pretty much shorter brunette on his arm.

Alyssa walked over smiling greeting them both. “Brandon, I’m so glad you could make it! And this must be Courtney.” She stated shaking the girl’s hand.

So that’s Brandon, Nick thought, putting an arm protectively around Alyssa’s waist. He was taller than Nick, maybe by an inch or two, lean and did look like he could be a model.

“So this is Nick?” Brandon asked with a genuine smile.

Alyssa grinned and turned a little, “Yes this is Nick, and Nick this is Brandon and his girlfriend Courtney.”

Nick smiled and outstretched his hand shaking Brandon’s, “It’s nice to finally meet you.” Nick replied trying to be as nice as possible without coming off as fake or calloused.

Brandon grinned wider, “It’s great to meet you, Ali has told me so much.”

Nick nodded, “It’s nice to know I’ve been talked about.” He replied a little relieved that Brandon seemed to understand that Alyssa was taken.

Chapter 5: National Take Your Boyfriend To Work Day by Teri
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone for their reviews. I'm currently working on chapter 9 yay!! The updates might be a bit slower as the week progresses since I'll have two exams to study for. But I'll keep ya'll posted! You can always im me on MSN or AIM.
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Five: National Take Your Boyfriend to Work Day

“So, Nick, Aaron this whole thing is really your call here what do you want the public to see in this new show?” Kenneth Crear, Nick’s manager asked.

Nick thought a moment, “I want it to have a positive message for people whose parents have gone through a divorce.”

Aaron nodded, “And I think it should show how the five of us are, really are, not like scripted or some shit like that.”

Both Ken and Johnny nodded in agreement with the two. “Are there going to be love interests?” Johnny asked knowing that both of them are involved in relationships.

Aaron looked at him perplexed, “What do you mean?” He asked, surely they weren’t going to make him get a pseudo girlfriend just for the show right?

“Well both of you have ladies in your lives and do you want them involved in the show, like making appearances and such.”

Aaron shrugged looking for Nick to be the mature one in this situation. “We need to discuss it with them, if they’re okay with the cameras. I know Kellie should be fine with it, she’ll just ignore it.” Nick replied.

“And what about your girl Alyssa?” Johnny asked concerned.

Nick sighed, “She’ll be okay with it, might be a little weirded out at first, but neither girls will be there 24/7 like we will be so I think it should be okay. I’ll talk to her about it.”

“All right I think we’ve covered enough for today.” Ken declared looking at his watch as the four of them stood.

Later that day…

Nick walked into the house greeted by the pit-bull he’d adopted patting her on the head, “Hey Layla.” He spoke softly scratching behind her ear before walking into the kitchen.

He was glad he had some company now that Alyssa was living on her own. The dog had purely been Alyssa’s idea. She’d taken him to the humane society and told him to pick out one he liked. Of course the pit-bull wasn’t his first choice, but the dog’s sad eyes and sweet demeanor were what hooked him. Normally you hear about pit bulls being mean or ill-tempered, but Layla was quite the opposite sweet and affectionate and down right adorable. The dog followed him into the kitchen where he picked up her bowl filling it with kibble and then placing it back down for her to eat, she was still a young pup by the vet’s standards but had quite the voracious appetite like she felt each meal might be her last.

Nick smiled at the dog and walked over seeing he had a couple of messages. Curious he pressed play and smiled hearing the first message…

“Hey lover, it’s Liss. Just wonderin’ how your meetings went today, hope they went well. I had a few seconds before my lecture is supposed to start so I thought I’d call just to say hey. Anyways I love you, talk to you later.”

Nick rolled his eyes as the second message came on…

“Yo Carter! It’s Bean, wanted to know if you wanted to hang out when you get into town in June. We gotta hit some clubs, the women are just too fine, hope you’re still single when you get here and not back with that girl. Whatever talk to you later dawg.”

Nick rolled his eyes erasing his messages. He knew he’d have to see Rob when he went to Florida, he just didn’t want to. The whole Key West incident had taught him that maybe hanging out with a guy who has to drop that he knew Nick to get laid isn’t such a good idea. Furthermore Alyssa hated him, which made Rob rank even lower on his list of friends. But he did throw one hell of a party that’s for sure. Nick shook his head, ‘yeah and the last time you partied with him nearly got you in trouble with the law, again’ he reasoned with himself. He picked up the phone dialing Alyssa’s cell number hearing it go straight to voicemail. He spoke his message and then hung up going up the stairs to take a shower, Layla following him.

Meanwhile…

“So who can tell me the significance of Patrolcus’s death in terms of fate?” Alyssa asked looking around the lecture hall at her students.

A young girl not much younger than Alyssa raised her hand and Alyssa called on her. “Well, if it weren’t for his death, Achilles would have never have gone into battle. And according to the legend as long as Achilles stayed out of combat he’d live, but if he were to engage in the war fully he’d die young.”

Alyssa smiled, “Exactly. How many have you seen the movie Troy?” She asked as half the class raised their hands, most of them girls. “Okay, now Achilles, played by Brad Pitt, is very upset when Patrolcus dies, however the movie changed one major part of the story what was it?” Alyssa grinned a little figuring that only the ones who actually did the reading and understood what it was about would know this.

A young man spoke up, “Well in the movie Patrolcus is made to be Achilles’ cousin. But in the book Patrolcus is his friend and confidante.”

Alyssa nodded, “Yes but Patrolcus is much more than a friend and confidante, he’s also Achilles’ lover.” She explained getting a shocked expression from much of the class. “Okay it seems we need a little history lesson here.” She began walking around the front of the room. “In Ancient times women were baby factories, sorry girls but the men married us to produce an heir to their name and whatever fortune or business they owned. A lot of times the men of Ancient Greece reserved love for their relationships with other men. And the Iliad and the Odyssey are no different.”

A guy in the back replied, “So the Greeks were a bunch of homosexuals?”

Alyssa shook her head, “By today’s standards they were what we call bi-curious. In which they would have sexual liaisons with both men and women. The Greeks and other empires like the Romans later on were known for their decadence when it came to sexual exploration even Julius Caesar was widely known as being bisexual. And this decadence without caution is also one of the countless reasons we have sexually transmitted diseases today. A lot of the literature talks about it, making subtle poetic references…” She explained chuckling a bit looking at her watch noticing class was almost over. “Okay I think we’ll wrap up our discussion for today, make sure you have your proposals for your research papers either to me by email or in person no later than Friday at 5pm.” Alyssa explained as everyone stood up gathering their things and heading for the door. Alyssa packed up her things glancing at her cell phone seeing she had a voicemail. She dialed it putting in her pass code as she walked out to her car smiling hearing her message.

“Hey sugar, meetings went great, hope lecture went well. Come over after you’re done and we’ll go out to dinner or stay in doesn’t matter really. Love you and drive safe.”

Alyssa shut off her phone, got into her car and made her way over to Nick’s house.

The next morning…

Alyssa stirred slowly disoriented, where the hell was she? She looked around noticing the familiar surroundings of what used to be the bedroom she and Nick had shared. She turned around seeing Nick asleep behind her, his arm draped protectively across her body only a thin cotton sheet covering them. She leaned up looking over his shoulder at the clock on his night table seeing that it was 7:30 AM. Alyssa sighed, she didn’t want to get up yet, but she knew she had office hours to keep and if she didn’t take a shower now she wouldn’t have time to go back to her place for a change of clothes. She hadn’t planned on spending the night, and what a night it was.

They’d spent most of it lying in bed, after dinner and making out on the couch for two hours of course. That bed, the one she used to call her own, exploring each other like they had that first weekend they shared. Her eyes strayed to his neck and chest seeing the various bite marks and scratches from the night before. She smirked a little impressed with herself, she’d figured out that in addition to loving to bite her, that he loved to be bitten back. A fact she used to her advantage the night before. Very quickly it went from slow, gentle and loving to fast, rough and wild.

Alyssa shivered a little recalling everything he’d said to her that he loved her, missed having her here with him all the time. She moved out from under his arm trying her best not to wake him as she grabbed his shirt off the floor pulling it on before beginning to tip-toe to the bathroom.

She jumped when she heard his voice, “Just where do you think you’re going?”

Alyssa turned to him seeing him still laying in the same position only his eyes were open staring at her. “To take a shower…”

He grinned lazily, “And you didn’t think I’d want to join you?”

She chuckled at him and walked into the bathroom not knowing he got up and followed her throwing on a pair of boxers. “I have to get ready for work.” She yelled.

“You don’t have to yell.” He replied softly leaning on the door frame making her jump again at the closeness of his voice.

“Sorry, but I have to take a shower and get out of here to go back to my place for some clothes and then get all the back up to campus in time for office hours.”

“Office hours?” He asked rubbing his eyes a little.

She smiled as she went and turned on the shower waiting for it to get to the right temperature. “Yeah I keep office hours once a week for my students to come in and talk to me, if they have any questions, concerns, want to know their grades.”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her, “I love hearing you talk about your job, you always light up.” He stated kissing her neck then nipping at it.

Alyssa giggled and pushed him away, “Go make me some breakfast and I’ll talk more.” She shot back taking the shirt off and stepping into the shower.

Nick grinned then went into his bedroom pulling on a pair of basketball shorts and a wife beater. Hearing the shower still going he went down stairs opening the refrigerator pulling out some frozen strawberries and bread, deciding on making smoothies and French toast.

Just as he finished making everything Alyssa came into the kitchen wearing her clothing from the night before. She walked up behind him hugging him and swept her lips over his shoulders. He reached behind himself holding her to him for a moment then turned around pulling her into a searing kiss. He pulled away leaving her a little breathless and handed her a plate and a large glass with the strawberry smoothie in it. She smiled and took them from him as they walked over and sat down at the table eating their breakfast.

“So what do you do during office hours?”

“Besides meet with students?” She asked back and he nodded. “Grade papers, plan out lectures, write exam questions, look up interesting facts and trivia about the authors and books we’re studying.”

Nick grinned a little taking a drink, “Do you ever get bored?”

Alyssa smiled at him, “Sometimes, but that’s only when we have a slow week at classes. Like when they don’t have any assignments due or tests to study for. Which is why I’ve instituted a new plan where each week they have an assignment due and a short five question quiz over the reading. And then every four weeks there’s an exam over lecture discussions, readings.”

“But isn’t that a lot of work for them? With all the other classes they’re taking?”

Alyssa thought a moment, “Not really, the assignments are basic something a trained monkey can shell out in five minutes, except for this research project I’ve got them on. I have it so that they take one of the books we’ve covered and do an in-depth analysis of all the literary aspects.”

“Didn’t you do something like that in high school?” He asked vaguely recalling her talking about that.

She smiled that he remembered her AP research project. “Yeah, and that was an advanced placement college credit course, so they should have no problem. It’s pretty easy most of the stuff you can get from cliff notes.”

“Wouldn’t it be easy to just copy…or…” He spoke trying to find the right word.

“Plaguarize?” She asked and he nodded. “If I were oblivious to the existence of cliff notes then yes it would. But I warned them that I know all about that and that if they choose to use them that they need to specifically quote and cite where they got it from, and even make a works cited page for me. I used cliff notes all the time in high school and college. I think it’s only fair to let them use any aid they want, as long as they give proper credit where it’s due and not play it off as if it were their ideas.”

Nick smiled a little standing up taking her plate into the kitchen and putting them in the dishwasher.

Alyssa followed him passing Layla patting her head affectionately. “I’ve got an idea.” She announced formulating a plan.

Nick looked over at her with a bewildered expression. “What?” He asked as he watched Layla run through the little dog door he’d gotten for her.

She smiled, “Well you’re always asking me about what I do, so why not come to work with me?”

“I can do that?” He asked, he’d always assumed that you had to be a student or a teacher to be around that.

Alyssa walked over wrapping her arms around his waist, “You can go wherever I go. Besides I’ve been dying to show you my office! And why would you think you couldn’t go?” She asked.

“Because I always thought it was kind of like restricted for students and teachers only.”

Alyssa shook her head, “Nope, besides even if it was I’m pretty sure you could pass for a college student, hell more than half your closet looks like what my students wear.”

“Are you dissin’ my sense of style?”

Alyssa cracked up, “Or lack there of…”

Nick’s jaw dropped, “Damn woman and here I thought you loved me.”

Alyssa laughed harder, “I love you, but some of your clothes I could live without.”

“Like what?” He asked curious now.

“Hmm like the ‘I like girls that like girls’ shirt. I mean I realize it’s funny and witty, but not to go out in public in.”

Nick laughed a little, “I like that shirt.”

“I know you do, which is why you still have it.” She shot back. “Anyways are you going to come with me or not?”

He smiled at her, “Yeah, I am. Do you want to pick out my clothes for me?” He replied half joking.

Alyssa laughed a little, “Just wear one of your non-funny tee-shirts and some jeans. Oh and bring a book or your laptop in case I get held up with one of my students.”

Nick walked up the stairs taking a quick shower and changed into a plain white tee-shirt, jeans putting his Boston Red Sox hat on backwards, a pair of aviator sunglasses and his black and white checkered canvas shoes. He walked into his office grabbing a book, his laptop, sketch book and the large stack of papers he had to go through figuring that would give him plenty to do if he got bored and stuffed them into a backpack slinging it over his shoulder before joining Alyssa down stairs.

Alyssa giggled at him, “See you look the part, hell even got the book bag too, no one is going to notice that you’re not a student.” She stated as they walked out to his car getting in and heading to her place.

When they arrived, Nick followed her into the elevator as she waved to the security guard at the front desk. Once in her apartment Alyssa ran up the stairs pulling off her clothes throwing them in the hamper in her bathroom. Nick settled himself on her couch letting her get dressed, figuring if he went up the stairs that she’d end up being late.

Five minutes later Alyssa walked down the stairs wearing a tailored white long-sleeve, button-down dress shirt, short, tight, jean skirt that showed off her legs but could still be considered rather conservative when compared to most LA girls' attire. Underneath the shirt you could see the outline of a thin white camisole. Nick smiled at her as she pulled on a pair of low heeled black sandals. Alyssa went over to the mirror in the living room taking her still partially damp hair and putting it up in a messy bun letting a few loose strands on her neck and frame her face the hair do was simple but looked like she’d taken hours to get what only a couple of seconds took to do.

Nick stood up and followed her out to her car grabbing her parking decal from behind the rearview mirror. Nick held the door to his car open for her as she smiled at him as he took and placed her briefcase and laptop bag in the back seat before walking over to the other side of the car getting in and starting it up.

When they arrived on campus Alyssa directed him to the parking lot not far from the lecture hall and the language and literature building where her office was. Alyssa got out and Nick grabbed her bags for her, “Nick, I need my briefcase, it has my office keys.” She reasoned reaching for the bag.

Nick smiled at her handing her the leather briefcase but not the laptop bag, “Fine but I’m still carrying your laptop.” He relented, still trying to be somewhat of a gentleman with her.

She smiled and led him into the language and literature building going to the third floor. They walked through a couple corridors stopping in the mail room as Alyssa grabbed a stack of papers, a small box and mail from her mail box. Alyssa unzipped the top of her briefcase placing everything inside and digging into one of the pockets for a UCLA lanyard that a set of keys dangled from as they stopped outside her office seeing her name and title next to the door. Alyssa unlocked the door walking inside turning on a lamp on her desk.

Nick looked around seeing the three bookshelves all half filled, the main desk that held a bunch of pictures, of her family, the two of them, their friends and a few abstract looking paper weights. Nick walked over setting his things on the smaller desk that if the door were left open you couldn’t see from the outside. He sat behind the smaller desk and surveyed the rest of the room taking in the small couch nestled between the smaller desk and an end table that sat right next to the large window with a good view of the campus. Alyssa walked over to him taking her laptop bag setting it on her desk chair opening it and setting up her computer as he did the same on the other desk. Once settled Alyssa went over to her door leaving a sign on it that said that ‘Please knock’ and closed the door.

Nick grabbed her wrist and pulled her to sit across his lap. “I love your office.” He stated pulling her into a lingering kiss.

Alyssa relaxed against him for a moment secretly hoping that his hand resting on her ribs would move up. She forced her hands to stay in her lap not moving, knowing if she did move them to touch him in any way it would only spur him on further. In her mind, she knew that bringing him with her was going to distract her all day from wanting to do anything but work. However at the present moment she didn’t care as she deepened the kiss semi-intentionally making sure he felt her tongue stud graze his tongue. She shifted her hips a little bit as he moaned into the kiss rubbing against him through their clothing, which only served to turn him on even more than he already was. In retaliation he moved his hand up brushing ever so lightly over her breast through her shirt, which made her push herself into his hand wanting more contact than he was giving. Unfortunately the logical side of Alyssa’s brain kicked in; sighing she reluctantly pulled away from him receiving a dissatisfied groan from him as she went back over to her desk.

“Sorry but I have some work to get done first. I promise, I’ll play with you later.” She replied to his groan keeping her voice in a playful teasing tone as she crossed her legs under her desk hoping that even just that little bit of stimulation could keep her from crawling between him and the desk and showing him exactly how crazy he made her.

Nick rolled his eyes, this was not going at all like he hoped. Of course the minute she asked him to accompany her to work thoughts of christening every piece of furniture in her office at least twice flooded his mind. However, he didn’t factor in the possibility that she may actually have work to do. He wasn’t sure he liked the present situation he found himself in, being teased where she’d turn him on so completely and then sit across the room looking through papers and emails as if nothing happened. It always baffled him how women could go from being groped to no physical contact whatsoever within in a matter of seconds without batting an eye.

What he didn’t realize was that the distance Alyssa put between them was more to quell her own temptation than his. She knew if she didn’t put that distance between them that she’d never get any work done. Alyssa grinned a little at the computer screen knowing he was staring at her, probably amazed at how she recovered from his touch so quickly.

‘If only he knew’ she mused to herself. It was true, women are no different than men when it comes to desire but women can always hide their desire better than men can, even without the apparent differences in anatomy taken into account. But if his hand had strayed up her skirt, he would have known exactly how much she wanted to keep going down the path they started the second he pulled her into his lap. Alyssa grabbed the small box from her briefcase, which now rested on the floor next to her desk. She opened it and squealed in delight at it’s contents.

“What is it?” Nick asked, his eyes having yet to move from her.

Alyssa looked over at him and grinned, “My business cards!” She replied happily going over in front of the desk he was sitting behind putting one knee on the couch and handing him one, careful to stay out of reach, knowing that if given the chance he’d pull her back to him and repay her for teasing him.

Nick smiled taking it, noticing that she was purposefully keeping her distance from him. He wanted her even more than he had from what had happened in the chair mere minutes before, just seeing her in her element got to him, was this the way she saw him when he was on stage? He turned his attention to the little card in his hand seeing the official UCLA seal and underneath it read:

Alyssa M. Monroe

Professor of English Literature and Literature History

Along with her name and title the card held her office number, fax, mailing address and mail box extension. He smiled at the card. “Ali this is so cool. I’m so proud of you.” He beamed as she sat back down at her desk taking out the large stack of papers and mail from her briefcase.

“I know it’s like ‘welcome to life as an adult’. It’s weird but I love it and I love you.” She answered back grinning at him.

He pulled out his wallet putting the card in it and replied, “Are you trying to make me come over there and distract you?”

Alyssa giggled, “I have no idea what you’re talking about Mr. Carter.” She shot back trying her best to keep a straight face, which let’s face it wasn’t really working.

Nick rolled his eyes, “You shouldn’t say that you love me right now.” He warned, “Unless you’re beginning to believe me that ‘just fucked’ is a really good look on you.” He threatened with a lustful stare.

Alyssa cracked up at him trying to pass off his comment as a joke, but inside every nerve ending in her body was screaming for him to make good on that threat. She shocked herself shaking her head and went back to sorting her mail, and skimming briefly through the stack of research paper proposals she had. As much as she acted like his words didn’t affect her, that’s how much they drove her crazy.

Nick tried to control his breathing, why did she have to tease him like that? He wished they were at the house, or her place even, just so he wouldn’t have to reign in his desire to make her scream his name. He picked up his sketch book grabbing a pencil from the desk and began to draw. Exactly what he had in mind, he didn’t know. It was about the only thing he could do to keep him occupied from going across the room and throwing her on her desk and violating her.

A knock at the door brought them both out of their thoughts. Alyssa got up and opened the door and smiled at the person on the other side. “Come on in Meredith.” She stated as a short very curvy blonde walked into the room sitting down on the couch as Alyssa closed the door and went back to her desk. “Miss Monroe…” Meredith began making Nick snicker unconsciously at the formality. Meredith turned and looked at Nick, who had yet to look up from his sketch book.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Don’t mind the peanut gallery, that’s just my boyfriend Nick. And please Meredith, call me Alyssa.”

Meredith nodded, “Sorry Alyssa, but I wanted to talk about the research project. I have an idea of what I want to do but I’m not sure if you’d like it.”

Alyssa sat back in her chair, “What’s your idea, trust me I’m always open to suggestions.”

Nick tried his best to contain the snicker that threatened to come out of him. ‘Open to suggestions if that ain’t the damn truth’ Nick retorted to himself chewing the inside of his cheek in an effort to control the laughter within him.

Alyssa cut her eyes over to him for a second knowing that he must be dying to laugh inside but trying desperately to be polite and then turned her attention back to Meredith.

“Well I want to work on Othello. I know we haven’t covered it yet in the class and are going to when we start the Shakespeare unit, but it’s my favorite play and I know the most about it all ready.” Alyssa nodded urging her to continue. “The whole triangle between Cassio, Desdemona and Othello is just so intriguing.”

Nick thought a moment trying to recall what Alyssa had told him about Othello. Wasn’t the whole love triangle a lie?

“Well I think it’ll be great for you to research Othello. I’m really looking forward to your analysis on Iago’s fabrication of that love triangle.”

“Fabrication?”

Alyssa smiled, “Yes, Iago made the whole love triangle up to bring out Othello’s jealousy at anyone looking at his wife with less than pure intentions. And I think that your analysis of how well he pulled off the deception will be the best part of your paper.”

Meredith smiled, “Thank you Alyssa. Would you be willing to read through my rough draft when I have it ready?”

“Sure thing, just email it to me and I’ll go through and edit it and anything I change or add will be in red.” Alyssa replied as Meredith stood up and went to the door.

“Thanks again, I really enjoy your class.”

Alyssa smiled, “Anytime and thank you for coming and talking to me about your paper.” She answered as Meredith disappeared closing the door behind her. Alyssa turned her attention to Nick, “Okay say it, you know you want to.”

Nick busted out laughing, “Open to suggestions huh?”

She snicker-snorted at his comment, “You sick fuck.” She shot back laughing a little.

“I’m a guy, and I’m less then 20 feet away from you, gotta deal with the separation anxiety somehow.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “Somehow I think you’ll handle yourself just fine.”

Nick cracked up laughing again at her ‘handle yourself’ comment. “Anyways I’m glad you caught her on the whole love triangle, if you weren’t I was going to say something.”

Alyssa’s jaw dropped, “You actually listened to me?”

Nick chuckled a little, “Yes I actually listen to you. What do you think I’m doing when you talk… picturing you naked?”

“…Yeah…”

Nick rolled his eyes at her, “Okay as much as I love seeing you naked, and believe me, I do." He paused sweeping his eyes over her, "I love hearing you talk about books and plays and all that stuff. I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m a guy I would much rather make you scream than anything but I just like hearing your voice too sometimes.”

Alyssa dropped her pen on the desk looking over at him, “You do realize if you keep talking like that, that I’m going to come over there and make you scream.”

And for the first time it dawned on him, that she was just hiding how much she wanted him to keep control over the situation, “I get to you don’t I?”

She looked at him in disbelief at how well he read her.

Nick smirked, “Finally! All this time I thought that you didn’t want me as much as I want you.”

“It’s not that I don’t want you, Nick. It’s that one of us has to keep some measure of control when we’re in public. And you haven’t shown me that you can do that, so I took it upon myself to make sure we don’t end up with headlines like ‘Backstreet Boy’s Hot for Teacher’ or something equally dumb.”

Nick laughed, “Nice quote of a Van Halen song though.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Trust me I don’t think you want me to let loose all of what I feel for you, it scares the fuck out of me and I’m the one feeling it.”

Nick looked at her, “Okay you’ve got me curious now…”

She gulped a little and looked at him, he had a concerned look on his face. Just as she was about to say something there was a knock at the door. Alyssa got up going over to the door opening it letting the male student in. “Hey Ryan what can I do to help you?”

Ryan smiled taking a seat on the couch, “Okay I wanted to discuss doing Lord of the Flies as my research project.”

Lord of the Flies?”

Ryan nodded, “Yeah I’m a psychology major and when I read through this I was amazed at how well each of the main characters fit into the Freudian personality model. You know with how Jack is the sadistic freak in all of us.”

“You recognized that too?” Alyssa stated standing walking around to the front of her desk sitting on the edge with her legs crossed at her calves. Ryan’s eyes moved down Alyssa’s form taking in her outfit, and her legs as he shifted in his seat adjusting himself.

“Yeah…” He began clearing his throat, “I mean everyone at one time or another on instinct has those thoughts that the minute you think them you immediately are like ‘where the hell did that come from’ and feel really bad for having those thoughts. Which is what separates normal people from that character. He’s kind of like the devil on your shoulder telling you to go for it no matter the consequences while Simon is the angel and voice of reason.”

Alyssa smiled, “That’s pretty damn accurate. Also a really cool point that no one ever really thinks about is that Ralph, the protagonist, seems to be the one caught in the middle of all of this. Maybe the other boys surrounding Ralph are really each part of his personality, the Id, Ego, Super Ego, and so on.”

“Yeah that’s a lot like what I was thinking. I wanted to know if that was right or not.”

Alyssa sighed and grinned at him, “Well the greatest part about literature is that there is no one perfect interpretation. Except of course by the author, but most of the ones we’ve studied are dead, so not like we can really ask them their opinions. But you’re idea of using how the characters are part of the psychosis of one other character, or in human kind in general, is dead on with what popular scholars have said for years.”

Ryan smiled finally looking at Alyssa’s face, “Thanks so much for letting me know I’m on the right track.” He replied getting up and going to the door.

“No problem, I’ll see you in class on Tuesday.” Alyssa replied as Ryan closed the door behind him. Alyssa sighed a little looking over at Nick who looked a little pissed off. “What’s wrong?”

“That punk was checking you out.” Nick replied with a sharp clip in his voice that meant he was more than a little pissed.

Alyssa laughed a little going over to her door putting the ‘In a meeting’ sign on her door closing it and locking it. She went over to him taking the sketch book out of his hands placing on the desk along with the pencil he’d been using. He looked at her unaware of what she might have planned. He smiled when she settled herself in his lap, the same position they were in before, he moved his hands to where one was slowly rubbing her back, and the other gripped her thigh. Alyssa pulled him into a kiss taking his backwards baseball hate off and tangled one hand into the hair at the nape of his neck and the other took the hand that began to knead her thigh and moved it up under her skirt letting him feel that she wasn’t wearing any underwear.

He broke the kiss feeling how turned on she was, “Damn baby…” He muttered as he began to move his fingers on her making her close her eyes and sigh in relief as she moved against his hand. Right when he hit the right spot she threw her head back and moaned exposing her neck even more than before. Nick took full advantage of the exposed skin and sucked on her pulse point as he began to move his fingers in an alternating pattern of fast and slow, rough and gentle the combination of all of these had her breathing become even more labored than before.

She gripped onto his forearm leaning back using his other arm for support as she lifted her hips to hike the skirt up allowing her spread her legs farther apart resting a knee sideways against his chest. Feeling her climax fast approaching he moved his mouth to just above her knee nipping at the sensitive skin there, a move that made her thrust hard onto his hand as she came shuddering and growling a little bit.

Alyssa felt him remove his fingers and opened her eyes and grabbed his hand. She leaned over and kissed him fully on the lips then moved to suck his fingers into her mouth making sure that he felt both her teeth and tongue stud graze over his fingers.

Just seeing her do that pushed him past the point of being able to stop. He stood up with her in his arms and pressed her against the closest wall to them. She reached her hands down unzipping his jeans silently thanking him for going commando and grabbed him guiding him inside her. He moaned into her shoulder and then looked up at her, “Can anyone hear us?” He asked just now becoming worried that someone might hear them.

Alyssa shook her head, “No ….everything’s…..sound…..proof.” She panted as he smirked at her and began thrusting wildly moving to suck on her collarbone as she dug her nails into his shoulder not caring if she dug holes into his tee-shirt. He moved harder against her making her body slam into the wall. Not being able to hold on any longer he came yelling into her shoulder pushing her over the edge as well. Still holding onto her he backed up and collapsed them both into the chair out of breath. Alyssa lifted her head up from resting on his shoulder and looked at him.

Feeling her eyes on him he looked back at her and smirked.

“Now do you see what you do to me?” She asked.

Chapter 6: Inner Most Thoughts Of A Lovesick Pop Star by Teri
Author's Notes:
All right this chapter is kind of short but it does alot to explain what's going on. Anyways enjoy and let me know what you think!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Six: Inner Most Thoughts of a Love-sick Pop Star

“It’s 3am, I can’t sleep. Too late to call, this is not like me. But I’m still lifted from the tattoo on the small of your back. The angle of your chin when you were looking back……… Your fingernails running down my spine. All I day I hear your voice like velvet in my mind…… My children in your eyes, something you don’t expect. I had to stop myself from calling all day long. I’m glad you called me first, I wanted to be strong. But you were laughing ‘cause I answered after just one ring. I tried to play it off, but you knew everything.” (**Last Night You Saved My Life – BSB)

Nick tossed and turned looking over at his clock mentally calculating how much longer he had to sleep. It was well past 3AM now and he had to be at a meeting with E! at 9AM but he had to leave early to go pick Aaron and his sisters up on the way.

He hated sleeping alone. For the past two months he hadn’t been forced to, sleeping over at Alyssa’s on the weekends and she stayed over during the week, especially on days when she had to teach. Bobbie had been staying over taking care of Layla anytime he’d been staying over at Alyssa’s. She’d opted to sleep in the downstairs guest room to give Alyssa and him some privacy. He loved having his sister stay with him

But now he had to sleep alone again, not have the warmth of Alyssa’s body next to his, having to wonder why she was so afraid. She’d told him that they were moving too fast again. Hell half of her clothes were being kept at his place while half of his were at hers, just so that they could have a change of clothes. The words she said still rang in his ears.

Two weeks earlier…

Nick stared at her in disbelief, “What do you mean take a break?”

Alyssa sighed, “I mean exactly that, we’re going too fast again, hell we’re practically living together again, half of our closets are in each other’s places.”

Nick put his head in his hands not knowing what else he could do.

Alyssa sat down next to him, “Just for a little while, we need to make sure that this is really what we want.”

Nick looked at her, “Make sure this is what we want, or make sure that this is what you want?” He asked, he had to, he couldn’t not know if she was having second thoughts and doubting their love.

She looked at her hands and replied, “We need time apart. We’ve been nearly inseparable for over a year and a half now. I just…… I’m not used to this kind of intimacy, being so close to someone that I feel like all I have to do is look at you and know what you’re thinking.”

Nick made her look in his eyes seeing such profound fear clouding her eyes, “Is that a bad thing?”

“No, it’s just scaring the hell out of me. Nick I’m 22 years old, I shouldn’t be thinking about how amazing of a father you’re going to make or how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

He grinned a little, “Don’t you think it scares me too? That I’m this serious about someone? I don’t want to live without you, not again.”

“We’re not breaking up, we just need to get our heads cleared, when we’re together all we end up doing is each other. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s wonderful, but we need a life outside of us. You need to hang with the guys, I need to hang with my girls. We each need to know when to back away from each other and be individuals instead of Nick and Ali. No one ever says one of our names without the other attached it’s like we’ve become one person in everyone else’s eyes.”

He could feel the disappointment rise up in him, “You do love me right?”

She smiled at him, “Yes I love you, with all my heart. I just need time, away from us as a couple, but we’re not breaking up, just slowing down, if we keep going at the rate we are now, within a month I’ll be living back in your house and hell if we’re not careful we might do something really irrational.”

He gave her a confused look, “Like what?”

“Like get married, or get pregnant before we’re ready to. Because I’m not ready yet, I love you, I want to be with you, but I’m not ready for all of that yet. You understand right?”

He took her hand lacing their fingers, “Yeah I do, so how does this plan work?”

End flashback…

And so far the plan hadn’t been working, at least from where he was sitting. He hated the situation they were restricted to seeing each other only once a week, not including weekends. However in a way he noticed a change in how they acted towards each other since the plan had gone into effect. They laughed more, went out a hell of a lot more, talked for hours and hours on end like they used to before they ever let their hearts take control over the relationship.

He noticed that she seemed happier to see him, more receptive when he lavished affection on her in public. Like she was beginning to appreciate him more and more.

Hell even the sex had gotten better, which he thought was nearly impossible to top in the first place. They seemed to touch, kiss, and move with more urgency, more passion like there was a time clock ticking down the seconds they had left together.

He thought this was because they had yet to spend a full night together. Usually after they made love and relaxed for a while, Alyssa would get up, get dressed, saying she had work to do, that she loved him and walk out. She never let him come over much anymore unless it was to pick her up, mostly because she knew he wouldn’t want to leave, and would put up a fight for it.

No one seemed to understand Alyssa’s behavior, and he’d been to pretty much everyone he knew. Kevin and Kristin told him that she’s scared, to give her time. ‘Yeah thanks a lot’ he’d replied angry because he already knew that. He wanted a reason why she was so God damn scared, why she was deliberately pushing him farther and farther away.

Brian and Leighanne just shrugged completely bewildered. Chris, David, James and Brent would just slide another beer in his direction. Alex, well Alex told him that she might be cutting again, which sent him into a frenzy searching her arms, legs, everything, even her apartment to see if she was indeed cutting again, which of course she wasn’t. Olivia simply said ‘because she’s being stupid’.

Yeah, that helps. He rolled his eyes at the thought.

Kellie and Lori were mystified and rather pissed off at Alyssa for this turn of events. They went on and on about how she needs to stop over analyzing every single thing and just feel and go from there. Yeah, he definitely agreed there, but still no explanation.

Jenna had posed the idea that Alyssa was afraid of letting her heart take over, letting the seriousness of her feelings really take hold. She said if they did then he wouldn’t have to wonder if she were ready or not to settle down that she’d be planning things already. And to him that made a little bit of sense but still not much in the way of deciphering his girlfriend’s weird behavior.

The best one he’d gotten was from Mary…

Four days ago…

“Mary I can’t understand it, one minute we’re so close to being fully back together, and so happy, then the next she’s like ‘no we’re moving too fast’. I don’t get it!” Nick exclaimed exhausted just from spitting everything out.

Mary thought a moment as Nick looked around the room hoping she hadn’t hung up on him. “Darlin,” She began, “It’s her father.”

“What?”

“She’s not over his death. She’s pushing you away because she’s afraid that you’re going to be taken away from her.”

In Alyssa logic, it made sense, in normal people logic, complete mystery. “But we had that conversation right after he died, that I wouldn’t let anything like that happen to us.” Nick countered playing devil’s advocate.

Mary sighed, “I know honey, I know. But she’s pushing you away for the same reason. It’s not the whole reason but it’s part of it.”

“Do you know the rest of it?”

“I think it may have to do with Brandon. She connects with him the way she connected with you when you two were friends. And I think she’s afraid that means she doesn’t love you like she knows she does.”

End Flashback…

Brandon…

That could be a reason, but she promised him that nothing was going on, that they were only friends. But he couldn’t say that the whole Brandon situation didn’t make him just the least bit jealous. Nick had been preparing for the worst since she told him she needed a break.

That she could be with Brandon when she wasn’t with him, that she could be falling in love with him and confused and scared about who she loved more. He shook his head, he knew Alyssa better than that. Sure she might screw up, over think things to the point where she made a decision that hurt herself and everyone she loved but she wouldn’t do something that stupid right?

She might end up sleeping with Brandon.

No, he couldn’t think about that, he didn’t want to have to share that part of her with anyone else, least of all some pretty boy actor. What does Brandon have that he doesn’t? Definitely doesn’t have more money, nope fame wasn’t a factor…

He shouldn’t hate Brandon, the guy had been nothing but nice to him, telling him how lucky they both were to have found such wonderful women. Brandon had a girlfriend, he didn’t seem like the disloyal type right? Nick wasn’t the disloyal type either but Alyssa had been the only girlfriend he had ever had that he didn’t end up cheating on.

Amanda, what a disaster that had been, both had chalked it up to being young and stupid. Tiffany, the fact that he rarely ever saw her, and that she was rebound girl number two since Amanda, explained that dating catastrophe.

More than half the women after her were just sex, an object he used to give himself pleasure and tossed away afterwards. He had everything he wanted in a girlfriend in Alyssa back then, except for any physical perks that comes with a relationship, so he kept her for the emotional connection he craved, and countless numbers of others for the physical desires he thought he and Alyssa could never share.

Then Paris came along, girl made him crazy, she was sweet, the perfect girlfriend the first few months they started dating, but she grew bored as she so often does and started to create drama. Cheating on him and having a ‘friend’ leak it to the tabloids, then writing him love letters vowing that she’d never stray from him again, that she’d found her match in him that there was and never could be anyone else. He’d fallen for it once, maybe twice, but after that he stopped caring, started cheating hiding it at first only telling her what he did to see her get a hurt look on her face, like she’d done to him so many times.

And who was there, the entire time standing by his side telling him that everything happened for a reason, that maybe she wasn’t the girl for him? Alyssa, the one he knew he loved, knew he wanted to marry, have kids with, grow old with. But even all that security he had in her seemed to be on thin ice.

Nick turned to the clock again seeing it was nearly 6AM. Damn, now he had to be awake, and alert. He sighed getting up turning off his alarm he’d set the night before going into the bathroom to take a shower. He wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to spend another sleepless night without her.

Chapter 7: It's A Bird....It's A Plane....No It's... by Teri
Author's Notes:
Okay ladies here is Ch7 I'm currently working on chapter ten. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Seven: It’s A Bird, It’s A Plane….No It’s…

Alyssa slid out of Nick’s arms moving around the room grabbing clothes. Nick looked at her realizing what she was doing. It had been the first time they’d been at her place in a while and she was kicking him out. He knew she was going to at some point but he hoped that somehow he could beckon her back into bed and convince her otherwise.

As she passed by him wearing just an ankle-length black silk robe, he reached out grabbing her wrist and pulled her on top of him. “Nickolas, don’t…” She stated giving him a look.

He smiled at her and flipped her onto her back untying the robe and slipping it off of her. Nick leaned done kissing her neck then whispered in her ear, “It’s my last night in LA, if you think I’m not waking up with you, then you are sorely mistaken.”

A week later…

“So what’s going on with Brandon?” Jenna asked curious how this guy had caught Alyssa’s attention.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Nothing is going on with Brandon, we’re friends period. Both our hearts belong to other people we just talk and get advice from each other that’s all.”

“You’re sure of this?”

Alyssa sighed, “Yeah I’m sure. Granted Brandon’s attractive. I’d have to be blind not to be attracted to him. But I’m not attracted to him the way I’m attracted to Nick. With Brandon the attraction is purely that I think he’s handsome. With Nick it’s that I love everything about him, his eyes, his smile, everything.”

“Then WHY are you being so stupid about Nick?” Jenna countered.

“I’m not being stupid, we were moving too fast again.” Alyssa reasoned.

Jenna sighed, “And that has nothing to do with the fact that you’re so crazy in love that it scares the fuck out of you.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Okay it’s pretty much that.”

“Well explain what you’re so afraid of.” Jenna coaxed.

Alyssa thought a moment gathering her thoughts, “I’m afraid of him. How much he loves me, he tells me all the time. Which of course I love that he does that, I appreciate it so much. But how serious his feelings are. How serious mine are. It scares me that I know I’ve found my soul mate. I mean I’m 22 I should be partying every night, making out with frat boys and none of that appeals to me. All I want to do is go home and curl up on the couch with him and watch a movie, talk about the future, make love ‘til dawn.”

Jenna smiled at her, “But why are you scared of that? Most girls your age would KILL for that kind of intimacy.”

“I know but I’m so scared that he’s going to lose interest in me, that I’m not enough. Or that I let my heart take over completely and I marry him and get pregnant and 15 years from now he figures out that ‘oh I don’t really love you the way I thought I did’ and divorces me.” Alyssa explained.

“Honey he wants to spend forever with you. He knows what marriage means to you.”

“Yeah but I feel like I love him too much. He makes me want to get pregnant. I want him to ask me to marry him. I want everything with him and it hurts everytime I leave his arms. But I’m so afraid to let myself go that I’ll scare him with how much I care about him and make him run off and cheat on me.”

Jenna’s expression softened, “He wants all that with you. Do you remember how hurt he was when he found out you had a miscarriage? Or how he held you while you cried after your father passed away?” Jenna reasoned.

Alyssa looked away, “I know and all of that made me fall deeper in love with him. I just feel that marriage means the loss of individuality. Like I’d be accountable to someone else for everything that I do.”

“And that’s bad?”

Alyssa sighed, “I don’t want to lose who I am and in effect lose him in the process.”

Three nights later…

Alyssa waited while she heard the ring in her ear. “Come on Nick pick up the phone.” She spoke hoping he’d answer.

Meanwhile Nick was in Florida he’d been to three night clubs in the greater Miami area, none of which were different to him, all white interior, women who looked like they had appeared on Nip/Tuck as a patient all around. Balding single men, and 20-something college guys looking to score with one of the many busty blondes dancing just barely two feet from his table. None of it interested him nothing in this part of the world was real to him, plasticized women, men who over compensate their short-comings with cars and money, not even the people he was with seemed like they ever had to struggle for anything.

He knew going out with Bean was going to be an exercise in futility. The entire night Bean had been thrusting girl upon girl in Nick’s face only to receive the same reaction, a respectful decline, that he had a girlfriend and wouldn’t cheat on her.

“Dude stop being a pussy and get laid.” Rob admonished thrusting another beer in Nick’s face.

Nick shot him a glare getting up and walking out, forgetting that he left his sidekick on the table as a trail of women followed him hoping to get an autograph, a photo or even get lucky.

As the music lulled Rob saw Nick’s sidekick buzz across the table seeing a Los Angeles area code. Figuring it was either one of Nick’s siblings or Alyssa he picked up, “Yo,” He slurred.

Alyssa recognized the voice to be one of Nick’s perennially drunken friends, and rolled her eyes, “Is Nick there?” She asked loudly making sure he heard her over the blaring music in the background.

Rob looked around he figured it was time his friend got his head out of his ass and moved on from ‘lil Miss Wishy-washy’, “No he left with a smoking hot blonde, two in fact. Do you want me to take a message for you?” He managed to slur out he had really lied, there were quite a few blondes that had followed Nick out of the club he just fudged the part about whether or not he would be going back to the hotel alone or not.

Alyssa hung up the phone as the rage coursed through her. So he’s with other women? How could he? She trusted him, loved him, and what does he do, the one thing he promised he wouldn’t! He promised he wouldn’t make her feel like a fool for trusting him, he swore time after time that he loved her.

‘All lies,’ she told herself, ‘all lies to get you to spread your legs for him and what did you do? You believed him, you stupid, stupid girl you believed him.’

Alyssa took her phone and dialed a number needing an outside opinion.

“Hello?” Brandon answered.

And that’s when Alyssa broke down, “He promised Brandon, he promised…”

The next morning…

Alyssa stirred stretching a little, her head felt like a million pounds, her entire body felt sore. She stretched her arms out hitting something. She froze as that something groaned and moved. Nervous she looked over her shoulder her heart stopped when she saw Brandon lying there a thin cotton sheet coming up to his waist leaving little to the imagination that he was indeed naked as was Alyssa. Her breathing increased as the events of the night before came rushing back to her.

The phone call to Nick that resulted in a jealous tirade that lasted for hours. The second call to Brandon. The third call to Nick leaving him a message telling him how much she hated him, and that she hoped the blondes he met would satisfy him in ways she obviously didn’t know how.

Brandon had come over after that listening to her go on and on about how much she loved Nick and how he betrayed her. She listened to him as he spoke about how much he missed Courtney, who was currently in Europe filming. The massive amounts of alcohol they both consumed to quell their emotional pain.

Then the sex……fuck had that really happened?

It was nothing like what her and Nick had, it wasn’t better, wasn’t worse…just different.

It was solace, both of them finding comfort in each other in ways they should have never even thought of. Granted they both got off, but it left her feeling horrible, like in her mind she was no better than Nick. Not only had she cheated on Nick, she helped Brandon cheat on Courtney, who had done nothing but go to work.

What she didn’t know was that night, Nick drove to Orlando. To see Howie, who was visiting his family before going back into the studio. The two of them stayed up all night discussing everything that had happened between him and Alyssa, how things went from perfect to unstable so fast.

Alyssa got up going into the bathroom and turned on the shower, she had to wash this feeling off of her. She felt dirty, cheap, like a whore. True she was only doing to him what she thought was done to her, but still her heart ached that she betrayed the man she loved so much.

In Florida…

Nick walked back into the hotel getting ready to pack up for the flight home to LA. A plan in his heart to get Alyssa back somehow, someway to make her see that it didn’t matter how fast they moved, but that as long as they were together that, that’s what mattered.

As soon as he opened the hotel door the stench hit him. A mix of sex, marijuana, alcohol and cigar smoke hung in the room. Rob stumbled into the great room wearing a bathrobe. “Nicky!!!!” He shouted cringing at the sound of his own voice. He walked over handing Nick his sidekick, “Believe me man, I did you a favor last night!” He exclaimed going over into the bathroom of the suite and starting the shower.

Nick looked down at the phone in his hand seeing he had two voicemail. He dialed it punching in his pass code.

“Hey lover, it’s Lissa. Hope you had an awesome time at the game, don’t drink too much, I’m not there to bail you out…again. I love you, come home soon.”

The smile he had quickly faded as the second message began to play.

“….You promised me…You promised me that you wouldn’t make me feel like a fool for trusting you. You made me believe that you loved me, was that all a lie? Was it to get me into bed? Are you having fun huh? I called your phone and one of your friends said you left with two girls. I should have known you’d cheat on me, you did with everyone else, why should I be any different? I gave you everything, my heart, my body, everything and this is how you repay me? I hate you. I hope your happy Nickolas, I hope those girls satisfy you the way I obviously can’t. Goodbye.”

Rob walked out of the bathroom minutes later robe back on towel drying his hair.

“What the fuck did you do?” Nick asked him.

Rob looked at him seeing the murderous look in Nick’s eyes. “I told her that you left with some smokin’ hot chicks last night, which technically you did there was like a trail of girls following you out of the club.”

“So you lied to the woman I love, telling her that I’m on my way to cheating on her?”

“I didn’t say that you were cheating on her, just that you left with two girls. She assumed that you were going to have sex.”

“It’s a logical thought though, you fuck.” Nick shot back, “I don’t even know why I’m friends with you. I think it’s because I pity you. That you have to name drop every celebrity you know just to get blown by some floozy drunk chick in a dive.” He stated grabbing his bags and walking out the door. Nick hit the speed dial on his phone to call Alyssa, he had to set this straight before she did something she’d regret. His heart sank when he heard Brandon’s voice pick up the phone.

“Hello?” Brandon asked still very groggy from being woken up by the phone.

He didn’t know how to react obviously Brandon was with Alyssa, he’d answered her sidekick for God’s sake. “…Is Alyssa around…”

“Nick?” Brandon asked receiving a ‘yeah’ in response. “She’s in the shower, and I don’t think she’ll want to talk to you after what you pulled last night.” Brandon chided unintentionally.

‘Yeah you idiot and what did you do to Courtney last night? You betrayed her, you helped Alyssa betray Nick.’ His mind screamed.

“Brandon it was a lie….” Nick began and then stopped thinking, it should be 5:30 AM in LA right now, why would Brandon answer Alyssa’s sidekick at 5:30 in the morning on a Sunday? And then it dawned on him, she’d spent the night with him, a revenge fuck to get even with Nick in her mind. Suddenly feeling weak he pressed the end button on the phone ending the call.

She couldn’t have, she wouldn’t have…would she?

Nick knew Alyssa would be furious if she had been told that he was cheating on her with not one but two girls. Hell he was furious at Rob for telling her anything lie or truth. But would she really have gone so far as to sleep with another man? He didn’t know for sure as he hailed a cab to take him to the airport, but he did know that he’d soon find out.

Chapter 8: Man Of Steel by Teri
Author's Notes:
Since I got such an amazingly quick response from this last chapter I decided to post ch8! And yes it gets better I promise!!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Eight: Man Of Steel

***************************

Nick Narrating:

I’m sitting here in this God damned airport wishing somehow I can undo everything that’s happened in the past twenty-four hours and re-do everything.

I’d start by murdering Rob and I’d get away with it too. Temporary insanity would be my defense.

Actually come to think of it, considering what an awful shit he is the damn Judge and jury would commend me for it and maybe I’d even get a fucking medal.

I’m so fucking pissed at him right now. I should have guessed he’d pull something that fucked up. Telling Alyssa that I left with girls.

Where in the FUCK does he get off telling her that?

No way in hell would that ever be the truth. I mean I’ve cheated in the past but God damn I would never do that to Alyssa. She was there through all the horrible breakups and tabloid scandals. She’s never cared about anything but my sanity through all of that. Cheating in her eyes is completely unforgivable.

But I have a feeling that something happened between her and Brandon.

I've prepared myself for the worst, that she’s leaving me for him. So I’ve already resigned myself to thinking she’s slept with him. Maybe last night was the first time, doesn’t matter. I’ve been expecting it since Clark let it slip that she was hanging out with another guy.

It’s going to hurt to find out if she actually did what I think she did. But I will not let her take the easy way out. She’s going to want me to hate her and break up with her so she can punish herself over and over. I’m not going to let her do that, she’s going to deal with it, we’re going to deal with it. I love her with all my heart and I’m not giving up on her. Alyssa may want me to, however she can’t get what she wants right now.

One thing’s for sure, if I see Brandon near her…someone is going to have to strap me down because I’ll rip him apart.

He fucked MY GIRL!!

No one, least of all some actor is going to get away with that without at least one trip to the hospital.

Look at me I’m talking like I know something happened. In a way I know something had to. Brandon sounded like he’d just woken up. Alyssa always charges her sidekick on her nightstand next to her bed in case someone calls her in the middle of the night. So he was sleeping in her bedroom. It was 5:30 AM and she’s in the shower on a Sunday morning with Brandon asleep in her bed.

She never and I mean NEVER gets up that early on a Sunday unless something is wrong.

Therefore it’s pretty fucking obvious that something happened and she regrets it. At least I hope she regrets it. But knowing her, she probably does. Even if I had cheated on her, she’d still feel guilty like she’s no better than me. But when she finds out that fucking Rob lied to her, it’s going to make her feel a million times worse.

She’s going to feel like she betrayed me.

And yeah she did, but under any other circumstances it would have never happened, I’m sure of it. I just need to talk to her, need to see her. I just need to make her see that no matter what happened that I’m not going anywhere.

End Narration.

***************************

Alyssa came out of the bathroom going straight into her closet closing the door, not even noticing that Brandon had taken the sheets off her bed and taken them down stairs to get washed. He figured she’d want to get rid of any and all ties of what had happened the night before and he was right.

She didn’t want a reminder of how she betrayed Nick. Granted she liked Brandon, but not in the ‘let’s have sex’ way. Brandon felt pretty much the same. Both their hearts and minds belonged to another, and those two people had been betrayed.

No matter what Courtney or Nick may have done to set them off it still didn’t give them any right in either Alyssa’s or Brandon’s mind that last night was anything but solace and comfort. A comfort they shouldn’t have and didn’t really want in each other. True they were attracted to each other, both would have to be frigid bastards not to be, but there was a more friendly affection between them than anything passionate or sexual.

She padded down the stairs seeing Brandon sitting at the dining room table his mind mulling over the events of the night before. Alyssa took a deep breath and sat down across from him. “I think we need to talk.” She stated.

Brandon looked up at her, “I’m so sorry about last night, I should have known better.”

Alyssa held up her hand to stop him, “It takes two. We both should have known better. I feel terrible, especially for Courtney.”

Brandon’s face fell as if his heart was breaking, “I think I need to tell her. I won’t tell her that it was you but that I made a mistake but that I need to be honest with her.”

Alyssa nodded, “Yeah, I feel no better than Nick now. I mean Brandon it was nice, different but neither of us really wanted that to happen.”

“I know. I’m attracted to you of course but I never ever wanted to come between you and Nick. And he called while you were in the shower. I kind of scolded him for cheating on you but he said something about it all being a lie.”

Alyssa’s face grew white, “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know he hung up before I could ask anything else.”

The house phone began to ring. Alyssa made no move to get it. She didn’t want to speak to anyone she knew at the moment. The answering machine picked up after three rings.

“Lissa, it’s Nick if you’re there please pick up. Fucking Rob lied to you. I didn’t leave the club with anyone. I swear to you. I went to Orlando I needed to talk to Howie, call him he’ll vouch for me. I love you so much and I know you are hurt and angry right now thinking that I cheated on you. Please don’t do anything irrational. I’m at the airport. I’m coming back to LA. I love you.”

Alyssa stared at the answering machine mouth agape.

No, no, no!!

He didn’t cheat on her. His stupid friend lied to her. And what did she do? She fucked her friend to get back at him.

Brandon noticed the look on her face, “Oh God.” He stated putting his head in his hands.

Alyssa broke down crying hard. Now not only had she betrayed Nick but the reason why she’d done it was all a lie. Why would his friends do that? Then she stopped, it wasn’t just one of his friends, it was Rob. She hated him, now more than ever. She looked over at Brandon who looked like he had his heart ripped out.

“I’m so sorry Brandon. I’ll understand if you don’t want to be friends anymore.”

Brandon looked at her, “I still want to be friends, that’s where it should have stayed. But I’m going to go, I need to call Courtney.”

Alyssa nodded in agreement as they both got up and she walked him to the door letting him out. She walked back into the living room seeing that Brandon had cleaned up the bottles and trash from the night before. She was thankful he did that getting rid of any reminders of the night before.

How was she going to explain that one to Nick. ‘Oh and when I thought you cheated on me I got drunk and fucked Brandon’ She thought rolling her eyes at herself as she grabbed her purse and walked out not wanting to stay any longer than she had to.

A few hours later…

Nick entered Alyssa’s condo, thankful she’d given him a key. The place was quiet…too quiet. He went upstairs to her bedroom seeing the mattress bare and the pillows on the floor without pillow cases. His chest tightened as he looked around the room obviously something happened the night before. He went down stairs noticing that Alyssa was no where to be found. Nick sighed and trudged back out of the condo and headed to his house.

When he arrived he heard something upstairs. He went up going into his bedroom seeing the picture of him and Alyssa that normally graced his nightstand was gone. He could faintly hear something in the bathroom. Nick walked in seeing Alyssa sitting on the side of the sunken bath tub fully clothed staring at the framed photo crying and rocking back and forth. “Ali…” He spoke softly, afraid he’d break down too.

Alyssa’s head shot up looking at him as her heart broke even more. Nick looked at her, eyes red and puffy, tear stained cheeks and a heartbroken expression on her face. Nick moved to sit next to her putting his arms around her as she cried harder repeating over and over, “I’m sorry….I’m sorry.”

He hugged her tighter and whispered back, “Shhh it’s okay…..it’s okay.”

Alyssa pushed him away and stood laying the picture on the counter. “It’s not okay!” She wailed. “I believed a lie and I did something I never would have under any other circumstances.”

Nick looked at her his heart breaking at her words, “Say it.” He commanded. She gave him a confused look. “I just need to hear you say the words. Please say it…tell me what happened.” He pleaded tears stinging his eyes.

“I called Brandon. I didn’t know who else to call, anyone else wouldn’t have understood. They would just tell me to stop being stupid or whatever. He came over and we drank…a lot.” Alyssa answered sighing. “He was missing Courtney and he listened to me about you. God I don’t even know how much we drank but it was a lot. And I…” Alyssa paused looking at Nick. He braced himself waiting for whatever it was she was going to say. “I slept with him.” She finished lowly.

Nick gripped the porcelain on the tub as he closed his eyes. True he’d been expecting it, but to hear her say it was like a knife ripped right through him. Taking a deep breath he looked up at her tear stained face.

“I forgive you.” He stated looking her straight in the eyes.

Her eyes grew wide at him not understanding why he said what he said. “How can you forgive me?” She asked crumbling to her knees in front of him.

Nick took her face in his hands and kissed her for a moment then stared in her eyes, “Do you regret it?”

“Yes, very much so.”

“Will you ever do it again?” He asked searching her eyes.

Alyssa shook her head no, “Never, it was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. I betrayed the only person I’ve ever really loved.”

“Then I forgive you. I’m not going to hate you, not going to punish you for something you’re already punishing yourself enough for both of us. Alyssa I love you and we’re going to work through this.” Nick replied pulling her to him.

*************************

Alyssa Narrating:

HOW CAN HE FORGIVE ME!?!?!?

I don’t get it, I betrayed him. Fuck I slept with another man and he forgives me like it’s nothing? I feel like such a vile piece of shit right now and he’s understanding and forgiving.

How?

Seriously, how can he be so amazing? How can I have been so completely stupid? I don’t want to go back to my condo, not after last night. Not after I did the most unforgivable thing possible. I realize that I was reacting to what I thought he did to me. But that’s no excuse. I was drunk but I should have known better than to have sex with another man.

I’m fearful to leave Nick’s side.

Almost as if I leave he’ll run off and cheat on me just to get back at me like I had tried to do to him. Everything has just crumbled lately. I don’t even understand why I’m so afraid of Nick, why I’ve been pushing him away. Fortunately Nick is pretty damn stubborn, one of the things I love about him. But hell if it doesn’t get just the least be annoying sometimes.

Maybe I should just stop being stupid as all my friends have said and just let my heart take control. I know I want that…God do I. Just I’m so afraid of how strong my feelings are.

Everyone in the world should know what it feels like to be so in love that nothing else matters. It’s terrifying. It’s wonderful. It’s terrifyingly wonderful. And to have someone love you back just as much is equally insane.

Brandon…

Where do I begin with him? Brandon must feel horrible, I know I do. I mean he’s a great guy, amazingly good looking. However, I feel nothing but friendship for him. And I know he feels nothing but friendship for me.

So exactly how did we end up having sex?

I think it was the alcohol. We drank a bottle and a half of Tequila along with a couple of beers each. We were laughing and talking and then that led to kissing somehow and we ended up naked in my bed.

It’s still all kind of…foggy…like it didn’t happen to me per se that it was someone else’s memory that I have. Who the fuck knows. All I know is that I have to rebuild Nick’s trust. No matter how many times he’ll tell me that he’s forgiven me and that he trusts me, I know deep down that he’s afraid I’ll do it again. He was that way when I tried to kill myself.

And I really can’t say that I blame him.

End Narration.

*****************************

Chapter 9: Reality Bites by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hey all as promised here is Chapter 9! Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Nine: Reality Bites

Nick and Alyssa relaxed on the couch flipping through the channels trying to find anything to watch. “You’d think with over 300 channels that something would be on.” Nick announced with an exasperated sigh.

Alyssa laughed a little, something she rarely did since the whole Brandon debacle. “I can think of a few things better than television.” She joked trying to get him to laugh a little.

Nick cut his eyes down to her and gave her a weak smirk. He knew she was kidding with him, but it still stung whenever she mentioned sex. His mind was still stuck on the fact that she had slept with Brandon. His heart told him to get over it that it was one time, one stupid mistake, but his mind didn’t want to listen.

Alyssa saw the inner turmoil going through his eyes. “Sorry…” She added mentally kicking herself for reminding him of the worst mistake she ever made.

“No, it’s okay. I’m just…” Nick paused sighing a little. “I just don’t like the idea of someone else touching you.....inside you. I’m not trying to be possessive or jealous, it just hurts still.”

“I’ll never stop apologizing you know that right?” Alyssa replied moving to where they were face to face. “It kills me to know that I did this to us. We barely kiss anymore, and don’t even get me started on how much I want us to get back to the way we were. But I know it’s going to take you time to trust me again, and I understand that, fuck I don’t deserve you, you’ve been nothing but forgiving and understanding.”

Nick grinned a little taking her hand in his running his fingers over the scar on her inner wrist. “You do deserve me. It’s thinking that you don’t, that’s gotten us into this whole fucked up mess.” Nick reasoned.

“Why do you love me? Especially after what I’ve put us through.”

Nick stared her in the eyes gathering his thought, there were a million....no wait a billion reasons that could answer that question. Before he could answer there was a knock on the door. “Hold that thought.” Nick stated getting up and going over to the door opening it. He glared at the person on the other side.

“Nick who is…it…” Alyssa asked coming into the foyer seeing Brandon standing there. She saw the expression on Nick’s face, it was pure murderous rage. “Brandon, what are you doing here?” She asked hoping to God that they wouldn’t end up in a fist fight.

Brandon stood there for a moment before answering, “I just came over to talk, but you’re busy, I’ll leave you alone.” Brandon replied turning around.

“Brandon hold on, I’ll talk. Nick, I’ll be just a minute okay?” Alyssa replied going out into the hall shutting the front door.

Nick paced through the foyer, why did Brandon have to show up just when they were beginning to talk again. Rage coursed through him, he wanted nothing more than to rip Brandon apart limb from limb. But for the sake of his and Alyssa’s sanity he resigned himself to pacing in the kitchen waiting for Alyssa to come back in.

Meanwhile outside Brandon and Alyssa stood there silent for a moment. “I’m sorry Ali, I didn’t think Nick would be here.”

Alyssa nodded, “It’s okay what did you want to talk about?”

“I wanted to say that I’m sorry again for what happened. And that I told Courtney everything, we had this huge blow out fight about it. She knows it was you. I told her that you feel wretched for it just as much as I do, that it was nothing but a huge mistake.”

“Did she understand?”

“She understood, doesn’t believe me. I just needed your advice.”

Alyssa chuckled a little, “I’m the one person you shouldn’t ask for advice right now. Go back to Courtney the best thing you can do is prove to her that you can be trusted. It’s going to take a long time but if you two are meant to be together then it’ll work.” Alyssa replied.

Brandon nodded, “Okay I’ll get going, thank you.”

“No problem.” Alyssa stated back as Brandon turned and walked down to the elevator. Upon returning into the condo Alyssa heard Nick pacing in the kitchen. She followed the sound of his footsteps and stopped seeing him trying desperately to reign in his anger. “Say it.” She commanded making him look at her.

“What?” He asked bewildered.

“Say whatever you have to say. Yell at me, scream. You’ve been acting numb for the past week and a half. You need to let all that anger and pain out, and you should let it out on me, I deserve it.” Alyssa explained.

Nick looked at her, “Did you enjoy it?” It had been the question that had been plaguing him since the whole thing happened. He had to know, couldn’t keep wondering.

Alyssa looked at him searching his eyes seeing the pain and torment there. “No…”

“Did he get you off?”

Alyssa looked away for a moment then back to him, “…Yes…”

Nick searched her expression looking for any tell-tale signs that she was lying. “Was he better than me?” He asked.

Alyssa’s eyes widened at him, “Why would you think that?”

“Because I’m a fucking lunatic.” Nick replied sharply.

She sighed, “To answer your question no he’s nothing like you. There was no feeling with him, no lust, no love, no passion. It was empty…”

He saw her eyes darken and cloud with pain, it made him want to take her into his arms make her feel better. His mind stopped him though as the tears stung his eyes.

Alyssa moved a little closer but still kept her distance from him. “I feel like I destroyed us. I would do anything to take it back. I’d do anything to fix it.......to fix us.” Alyssa explained as she broke down.

Nick moved toward her pulling her against them as they both cried, “I love you so much.” Nick whispered in her ear burying his hand into her hair and the other on her lower back tracing her tattoo.

Alyssa kissed his shoulder and whispered back, “I love you. You don’t know how much.”

Nick moved back staring into her eyes, “Show me.”

She looked at him searching his eyes, “Show you what?”

“Show me how much you love me. Please don’t hold back anymore, I can’t stand it any longer.” He stated before pulling her into a kiss.

Alyssa pulled away and took his hand leading her up to her bedroom. She moved him to stand next to her bed. She didn’t know exactly how to show him, but she was going to the only way she knew how. He caught on to what she was going to do when she began lifting up his shirt. He moved his arms up helping her lift the shirt up off him. Alyssa leaned up and kissed him softly deepening the kiss as his hands came up to cup her face. Her hands moved to the white linen pajama pants he’d been wearing she untied the strings slowly as they continued to kiss, drawing it out. She let the pajama pants fall to the floor and he stepped out of them. Reluctantly she broke the kiss and motioned for him to lay down on the bed completely naked.

Nick watched her as she moved around the room lighting candles and turning on her stereo keeping the volume low to where you’d almost have to be absolutely quiet to hear it. She walked back over standing next to the bed locking eyes with him as she lifted up the white camisole she’d been wearing, tossing it on the floor next to his clothes, next her jean shorts came off leaving her in her white lace bra and boy-short underwear.

Alyssa brought her hands behind her unclasping her bra sliding it off her shoulders then slipped off her underwear before climbing on the bed and moving to lay on top of him where they were eye to eye. She lifted herself up onto her elbows and stared into his eyes.

“No one has ever made me feel so safe and so vulnerable at the same time.” She spoke softly. “I thought I loved Collin. But after experiencing this…us… What I had with him wasn’t this strong, this serious. What I feel for you is so completely scary and wonderful.” She explained planting kisses all over his face. “I found myself wanting everything with you. I want to just spend time with you, lay like this for hours on end.” Alyssa stopped herself wondering if she should tell him what she wanted to so badly.

Nick noticed her apprehension and tried to reassure her, “It’s okay you can tell me anything.”

She smiled at him and began again, “When we were on tour, I called room service one morning for breakfast, and the desk clerk called me Mrs. Carter, and I didn’t correct him. It scared me because I really like how that sounds.” She paused a moment looking in his eyes seeing them sparkle in the soft light. She smiled, “I love you. I love that you want to be there for your family, that you’re smarter than you let on. When you told me you loved me, for the first time......I was floored. That first weekend together, we didn’t have to hide how much we wanted each other.......how much I love feeling your hands......” She paused nipping at his collarbone, “....and your mouth all over me.”

He stopped her for a moment pulling her into a kiss pulling away a second later, “Okay continue, I just had to kiss you.”

Alyssa smiled at him, “I love it when you do that. When you kiss me just because you can’t hold back. Or when you can’t wait to get my clothes off......” She continued sitting up pulling him with her. She raised up a little and moved down onto him making them moan loudly as he slid into her. Alyssa didn’t move on him instead she continued her explanation. “Do you know how amazing you feel? Feeling you....like this, holding me, inside me. No one gets to have me the way you do. I’m yours completely, totally......mind, body, heart and soul. Just like I hope you’re still mine.”

He gasped for breath, feeling her, hearing what she said. The seriousness of her words got to him. Nick smiled and hugged her to him rolling them over so he was on top. He leaned his head against hers and began to move against her, “I’m yours....I’m yours..... now and forever.....”

Two weeks later…

Alyssa and Kellie looked around the room and back at each other before busting out laughing. This entire thing was completely weird to them. Nick and Aaron had invited them over for a family dinner. The weird part wasn’t the dinner, unless you count the constant sex jokes or how anyone brought up either parent it would result in Nick having to shout that everyone needed to ‘shut the hell up’. Undoubtedly the weirdest part were the television cameras all around. Neither Kellie nor Alyssa knew how to react. But so far they ignored them going on as if they weren’t there.

“So how’s everything with Nick?” Kellie asked with a hopeful grin.

Alyssa gave her a weak smile, “Better, I still can’t believe he’s over the whole debacle.” She replied speaking in code.

Kellie nodded knowing exactly what had happened. Alyssa had called needing to talk to the girls. So Kellie, Lori, Jenna, Olivia and Angela all came over and listened to Alyssa’s story. Olivia ranted and raved for ten minutes straight about how irresponsible Alyssa had been and how she needed to stop being so stupid and sabotaging herself.

Kellie and Jenna had been much more understanding holding Alyssa when she cried assuring her that Nick would be true to his word. Angela remained silent for the most part settling herself to be the one to calm Olivia down. Lori, well Lori spoke one sentence and one sentence only and not a word to Alyssa since. She’d said ‘I hope you realize that you almost lost your soul mate to your own stupidity’ and that was the end of it.

Alyssa knew that Lori was angry with her. Hell, she was angry at herself. She knew she’d have to work to regain not only Nick’s trust but Lori and Olivia’s as well.

Nick walked out onto the balcony where the girls had been standing and wrapped his arms around Alyssa resting his chin against her temple. Alyssa leaned into him and closed her eyes. How could she not want this? How could she want to destroy such a perfect relationship by wanting to slow things down. She didn’t want to slow things down she just wanted to be wherever he was.

“I love you.” Nick whispered softly kissing her temple.

Alyssa grinned and whispered back, “I love you too.”

Aaron came out to the balcony and kissed Kellie on the cheek rolling his eyes at Nick and Alyssa. “Nick seriously it’s disgusting how cute you two are.” Aaron remarked.

Nick smirked at his brother, “You’re just mad because it makes you look bad to Kellie.” He shot back.

Kellie laughed a little at the two of them. “Nick leave your brother alone.” She chided hugging Aaron from behind.

Nick and Alyssa gave her a shocked expression. “You’re taking his side now?” Alyssa asked a little amused at the apparent change in her best friend.

“It’s because I’m good that’s why!” Aaron shot back smirking.

Alyssa looked at Kellie with one eyebrow raised. Kellie recognized the look and rolled her eyes grinning like an idiot.

Nick watched the exchange between the girls knowing exactly what silent conversation they were having. ‘So I’m guessing Aaron’s getting some’ he thought to himself laughing a little.

Late that night…

“Are you sure you’re okay to drive home?” Nick asked for about the hundredth time.

Alyssa rolled her eyes at him, “Yes I’ll be fine, Kel is staying over tonight.”

Nick sighed resting his hand on the open car door. He leaned over claiming Alyssa’s lips in a searing kiss. Feeling the camera’s on them Alyssa broke away smiling at him, “I’ll call you in the morning.”

Nick smiled at her, “Okay love you. Drive safe.”

“You know I will. Love you.” She paused turning to Aaron and Kellie who were engrossed in a steamy make out session. “Aaron let her come up for air!” Alyssa squealed giggling at them. They broke apart with Aaron shooting Alyssa a glare, “Aaron try not to annoy your brother too much okay?” She stated giving him a hug. She then turned back to Nick, “And if you get stressed out or your siblings are driving you crazy call me and vent.”

Nick grinned pulling her into a hug, “You know that I will.”

Both girls reluctantly pulled away from them waving to the girls who sat on the steps leading up to the front door. Kellie and Alyssa got in the car and pulled out of the driveway and made their way back to Alyssa’s condo. They arrived about forty minutes later going into the kitchen grabbing a pint of ice cream from the freezer and two spoons.

“So…” Alyssa stated smirking as they began to dig into the pint.

Kellie grinned rolling her eyes, “You wanna know you gotta ask.” She replied.

“Fuck him yet?” Alyssa asked quite bluntly with a snarky grin.

Kellie snicker-snorted at her, “It was sweet.”

“Sweet?” Alyssa mocked.

“Yes sweet. He was so nervous like he was afraid he was going to do something wrong.”

Alyssa interjected, “Did he?”

“Nope, my God I want to know where he learned all those things he knows. No 18 year old guy should know that well how to please a woman.” She shot back getting a dreamy look in her eyes.

Alyssa giggled, “Nick taught him.”

Kellie gave Alyssa a weird expression, “That just sounds wrong.”

Alyssa snorted laughing harder, “Not like that you sick little girl!! Eww Nick is going to be so grossed out when he hears you said that. But no he and Aaron talk about EVERYTHING. Including sex, Aaron has heard Nick’s escapades over the years and I’m assuming he picked up a thing or two.”

“Escapades?” Kellie asked with her eyebrows raised.

Alyssa nodded, “I’ve heard them, those stories make Penthouse and Hustler seem tame.” Alyssa replied making Kellie snicker at her. “Seriously Nick would talk to me the way he talks to his friends except he’d put it in more delicate terms trying to respect that he was talking to a female. And seriously my man was such a whore!” Alyssa announced giggling.

“At least he was a responsible man-whore.”

“Yep, totally thank Kevin for that one. Kevin would drill it into Nick’s head that you NEVER have sex without a condom.”

“And what about you two?”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “We’re both clean and I will not be sleeping with anyone else any time soon.”

Kellie’s expression softened, “Have you heard from Brandon?”

Alyssa sighed, “Yeah he came over once to talk when Nick was here. Nick was raging after that. But in a way it helped us. It showed me that he was really hurting over what happened but trying to put his pain aside and salvage our relationship.”

“What happened there?”

“Nick and I talked. I told him, and promised that no man would EVER come between us again. That I hurt myself as much if not more than I hurt him. Because it kills me that I was that stupid to do something like that.”

Kellie sighed, “It wasn’t stupid, you were angry and under the assumption that he had cheated on you. Hell if I thought Aaron cheated on me, I’d probably do the same.”

Alyssa got a sad expression on her face, “I will never forgive myself for what happened. I know that Nick only forgave me because he feels responsible for leaving his sidekick around Rob. If he hadn’t nothing would have happened. Fucking Rob, I swear if I see him I’m going to kick the shit out of him.”

Kellie giggled, “If you do that there won’t be anything left to kick!”

Alyssa busted out laughing, “So fucking true. Nick went ballistic on him when he came over to his house. Seriously he was furious. Rob replied with ‘what’s your deal?’ And ho-lee shit did that piss Nick off even more. It was like Carrie or The Exorcist.”

Kellie held her stomach as she laughed, “God that’s funny.”

“It really was. But anyways we’re getting off topic here. So more trash talk about Aaron. I want to seriously embarrass the hell out of him.”

Kellie rolled her eyes, “Don’t embarrass him!” She chided.

“Why he embarrasses Nick all the time with whatever he hears from you.”

Kellie laughed, “At least he doesn’t know about the threesome. He’s going to be so pissed.”

“Yeah but Aaron will get over it. I think he knows that something has happened between you and Nick in the past.”

“And how would he know this?”

“Aaron was talking to Nick about wanting to do something special for you for when you two would finally get it on. And Aaron had an idea and Nick was like ‘don’t she won’t like that’. Aaron got a confused look on his face, but I think he’s got an idea that something has happened.”

“He hasn’t mentioned anything to me.” Kellie replied.

Alyssa sighed, “He won’t, because he doesn’t want to come off as the jealous boyfriend. And you haven’t given him a reason to worry about you and his brother. So he doesn’t want to start a fight.”

“So what about you and Nick? Are you two back to your freaky ways?” Kellie asked with a wicked grin.

Alyssa ran her tongue stud over her lips, “The night Brandon had come over, after we talked he asked me to show him how much I loved him.”

Kellie giggled, “I’m sure he was expecting a blow job or something.”

“Actually he wasn’t, but what he got was so much better. I explained to him why I love him, how much I love him, that I’m his.”

Kellie’s eyes grew wide, “Seriously you said all that?”

“Yep, I had us lying there skin-to-skin, and I told him all of that.”

“And what did he do?”

Alyssa got a far away look in her eyes, “Made love until morning. We napped off and on but mostly I had him reclaim what’s his. And Kel it was so amazing, it was almost tantric it was that good.”

Kellie got up and flung her arms around Alyssa giving her a hug, “I’m so glad you’re coming to your senses about him.”

Alyssa laughed, “I just don’t care anymore, how fast or how slow we’re going. As soon as the show is done filming and we get through Lori’s wedding, which why has it gotten pushed back again?”

Kellie giggled releasing Alyssa from the hug, “She says it’s because they can’t decide on where to have it. I mean come on they’ve got the dresses, the tuxes, they just need a place to have the damn thing.”

“Why not at Mom’s house or at Clark’s cabin in Sedona?”

“No idea, I think it’s because Lori is nervous and is afraid to get married, I think they should elope.”

“That’d be a good idea. But Mom will kill them. Anyways as soon as we’re done with all that I want to settle down.”

“What are you saying?”

“I want to marry him.” Alyssa replied as Kellie gave her a shocked look.


Chapter 10: Fantasy Land Revisited by Teri
Author's Notes:
Well I decided to be awesome and give you guys chapter 10 a little early! Yeah how cool is that? LOL Anyways if you don't get it from the title go back to AIL and read ch24....it's Ali's turn...*evil snicker* lol. Enjoy! And as always thank you for all your reviews!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Ten: Fantasy Land Revisited

******************************

Alyssa Narrating:

Okay now I know why people say that reality shows distort your perception of reality. Especially for those who are being filmed. It’s completely weird watching the whole ‘reality’ experience.

But it’s been amazing for Nick and his siblings.

It’s brought them closer together. Leslie and Angel have gotten close again. Nick has reconnected with all of them but he still gets along the best with Angel. He and Angel have always gotten along really well. Nick and Aaron argue a lot, they’re brothers, it’s what they do. But they’re so much a like it’s almost scary sometimes. That’s probably why they clash because they’re so similar it irritates them.

It’s really weird to see Kellie, my best friend, kiss Aaron, let alone talk about having sex with him. It’s just weird because Aaron is still a little kid in my eyes and probably always will be. Also it’s funny because I went over to Kel’s and she took FOREVER to answer the door. But I laughed hysterically when I figured out that Aaron was over.

Teased them endlessly about it too. Aaron was so red it wasn’t even funny. But of course Kel turned the tables on me asking me about my love of rough sex. Aaron has NEVER heard me talk about sex. I prefer to listen unless of course I have a couple of margaritas in me.

Then I went into the whole discussion with Kellie about the pros and cons of handcuffs versus scarves. Aaron of course asked me where I had gained this knowledge and Kellie says “where do you think”. Nick’s so going to hate me forever for talking that openly in front of Aaron, but oh well. At least I’ll tell Nick some of the things Kellie told me to embarrass the hell out of Aaron if he tries anything.

As for Nick and I…

We’re doing so much better. He’s actually much better now, like he realizes that I am never going to let what happened, happen again. Nick and I have been going out a lot lately and if we want to be alone we just go to my place which is one of two places where the cameras are NOT allowed. The other of course is Kellie’s. Both us girls requested that, and Nick and Aaron made it clear that it was a deal breaker. That way if either Kel and Aaron or Nick and I want to be alone, to have a quiet romantic moment we can without having the cameras catching everything on film.

Once all of this is done and Nick starts touring again, which I’m going on, I’ve already told them that as soon as I know when the tour starts that I’m to teach only internet classes. I just need to tell Nick that. Anyways once the show is done, I want to settle down. I want to give into my feelings and all I need is one question from Nick.

Of course I’m not going to drop any hints or anything. I don’t want to come off as though I’m telling him to ask me. I want to marry him, yes. But when is his call. I don’t care as long as it happens eventually. He can ask me tomorrow or in two years for all I care. I want him to ask me when he’s ready and no time before then.

We’ve been great lately, talking, laughing. It was hilarious the other night we made out like teenagers for hours in his car. He ditched the cameras and we drove to the beach and sat in the back seat and just made out for what seemed like hours. Not one article of clothing got removed. We groped of course even moved against each other just enjoying the slight friction our clothes gave us. But it was just amazing to just kiss. It was the perfect end to the night. Yeah we didn’t get to spend the night together, we both had early morning meetings to be at. However having a hot and heavy make out session in the back of a BMW is a welcome alternative.

The girls have been amazing as usual. I’ve gotten close with all of them again now that they’re all living under one roof. Angel calls me her future sister-in-law. Bobbie and I trade recipes. Also Bobbie taught Nick how to cook. I have NO idea how she taught him or had the patience to but she did and my God can he cook. He and I cook together a lot now because of that.

I helped Leslie dye her hair…which turned out platinum instead of sun-kissed gold. It was shockingly bright when we washed it and dried it. It’s about ten shades lighter than Nick, Aaron and Bobbie’s hair. And theirs’ are already pretty light. It’s definitely grown on me though as it has everyone. When we came out of the bathroom I think it made it worse that I was standing next to her with my very dark brown hair. Everyone simultaneously said ‘whoa’. It made me laugh because the four of them all had exactly the same look.

You can really tell that they’re adjusting to being a family again. Nick called me one day completely stressed out everyone in the house was driving him INSANE. Aaron was annoying Bobbie and Nick. All the girls hit their time of the month which freaked Aaron out. Nick’s used to having to deal with PMS-y women. I remember the first time he realized that his best friend is in fact a girl. On his solo tour I asked him to hand me my bag. Nick being the ever graceful one, tripped on his way to hand it to me and what comes flying out?

Oh yes, a box of tampons.

I caught the box midair and said ‘thanks these are what I needed my bag for’ and I walked into the bathroom with the box and my bag. Nick was SOOOO red when I came out. He explained that he just wasn’t used to that. I guess Amanda and his previous girlfriends had been discreet about their times of the month. His mom hadn’t explained what it was and had to have Kevin and Alex explain it when he was teenager but he said he’d always found the whole thing kind of weird.

I of course explained that it’s just normal and made him go buy me a box of tampons once. He HATED doing that, but it got him used to it. And he pretty much knows when mine is coming and he’s ready with comfort food, Midol, tea and some bloody action movie for me.

Yeah most girls they go for the sappy ass chick flick during that time. But I’m already emotional enough with my hormones so I like watching an action movie. My particular favorites are the Kill Bill movies. Mostly because Uma Thurman is amazing at the whole femme fatale thing.....and Lucy Liu in the first one......just awesome displays of how women kick ass.

I mean come on would you rather watch Tom Cruise saying ‘you complete me’ for the millionth time. Or would you rather watch powerful displays of womanhood that make you proud to be one?

Yeah that’s what I thought.

End Narration.

*********************************

Kellie and Alyssa giggled as Lori gave them a look. “Oh come on Lori you can’t not talk to your maid of honor forever.” Kellie admonished.

“Yeah who I am going to dish about my latest bedroom adventures with? I mean there’s only so much I can tell Kellie, she’ll tell Aaron and it’ll get back to Nick.”

Lori rolled her eyes, “I’m glad you and Nick are doing better.” She stated.

Alyssa’s eyes lit up, “We’re doing more than better. We found our spark again. And I’m not just talking about the toe-curling sex here. Everytime I see him or hear his voice I get all giddy.”

“Toe-curling?” Lori asked with her eyebrows raised. She was happy they’d all gotten together to get ready for the Nine Inch Nails concert.

Alyssa blushed, “Okay you want a better adjective?” She asked getting a nod from Lori, “Explosive, mind-blowing, orgasmic, tantric.......how’s that?”

Kellie giggled smacking the steering wheel, “It’s really good that you got your head out of your ass finally.”

Alyssa laughed, “I know, I know, I was being MONUMENTALLY stupid. But we’re fine better than fine. He’s gotten even more thoughtful and romantic than before, like he’s trying extra hard to make sure that what happened never happens again.”

“That and the fact that he wants to make sure that you’re satisfied with him.” Kellie added.

Alyssa gave her a confused look, “Where did you hear that from?”

“Aaron. Nick and he were talking and Nick told him that he was making all the extra effort because he’s afraid that he’s not enough for you.”

Alyssa sighed as they drove to the venue in Kellie’s Escalade.

“Well maybe after tonight you’ll never have a reason to say that he’s not enough.” Lori suggested hoping she wasn’t giving too much away. Nick had come to her and Jenna for ideas. He wanted to do something for Alyssa, he explained her fantasy to them and gave him the perfect idea of when and how to pull it off. After the Nine Inch Nails concert at her condo. She’d be completely wound up from the concert that when she’d come home……she’d see him…what he had planned for her and practically melt from it.

Alyssa turned in her seat, “What does he have planned?”

Lori smiled at her, “I’m not at liberty to say, but it’s something about a fantasy you told him about a while back.”

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide hoping that it was the one that immediately came to mind. “Shit…” She stated sitting back against the seat. She looked down at herself, tight leather pants, black spaghetti strap tank, her black converse and various chains draped over her hips. If it was the fantasy she was thinking of then holy hell this was going to be a night to remember.

The arrived at the venue not long after that and made their way to their seats.

“I cannot believe Nick scored front row center.” Lori announced with a cheeky grin.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “It’s not like he doesn’t have connections.”

“I know I always forget that he’s this Hollywood celebrity you know?” Lori added.

“That’s true, even I forget sometimes. Then I surf the message boards, and I remember again.” Alyssa replied chuckling a little.

“So what are the girls in the land of Teenie-dom up to lately?” Kellie asked.

Alyssa giggled, “They found out that Nick and I had a really rough patch. Some of them of course started hating on me. But most of them wished us the best and that the haters needed to stop because they know my family, myself and Nick goes on there. Nick even sent in to one of his fan sites some exclusive pictures of us that we took just for the fans.”

“Were those the up close shots of you two?” Kellie asked.

Alyssa smiled. The pictures they took of each other. One in particular Nick had Aaron take where Nick and Alyssa kissed. It was almost as if Nick wanted to show the fans that all was well in his love life. “Yeah he had Aaron take a couple of the shots too. Even said it in the email to the owners of the site that these were a gift to the fans. I guess he’s taking Brian’s example of being really open about our relationship to the fans. Yeah I talk to them if they approach me but I pretty much stay quiet and let Nick do all the talking.”

Lori smiled a little, “Is that also because you’re trying to be careful what you say in front of them?”

“That too. They ask some really penetrating questions and I always feel bitchy if I don’t say at least something. I try to be polite as possible without saying anything.”

Kellie smiled, “Yeah I’m starting to get that too whenever Aaron and I go out. They always ask if he’s a good kisser or if he’s romantic or what not. It’s weird that so many people want to know about my boyfriend’s private life.” She explained shifting in her chair a little.

Alyssa laughed a little at her friend, “You better get used to it. It comes with the territory of being a celebrity’s girlfriend.”

Meanwhile…

“Nick what are you doing tonight?” Aaron asked.

Nick looked over at his brother through the mirror as he fixed his hair, apparently there was a certain look that Alyssa found irresistible. “I’m going over to Ali’s tonight.”

Aaron looked at his brother noting the duffel bag on the floor. “Isn’t she going to the Nine Inch Nails concert?”

Nick rolled his eyes and zipped the bag closed just in case Aaron tried to sneak a peak inside. “Yes but I have something planned for her afterwards.”

“Like what?”

“Like it’s none of your business that’s what.” Nick retorted going into his bedroom putting on his glasses…not his reading ones, the ones he wore as more of a fashion statement than out of necessity.

Aaron rolled his eyes at him figuring he’d have to ask him later when the cameras weren’t around to get any information out of him. Obviously Nick had something either romantic or sexual planned for Alyssa. Nick walked out of the room briefly to go down stairs to hunt for his shoes. Aaron looked around seeing the cameras weren’t around probably following Nick before he would leave. He opened the bag and looked in his eyes widening at what he saw inside. Hearing Nick come back upstairs Aaron quickly zipped up the bag and moved to sit on Nick’s dresser that was across the room.

“So what’s the girls’ fascination with Nine Inch Nails?” Aaron asked.

Nick chuckled a little, “You have listened to the music right? All three of them love the music. It’s really the one thing besides soccer that they have in common. Other than that the three of them are all pretty different. Like if they didn’t know Alyssa, Kel and Lori would not be friends because they’re so opposite. Alyssa is a mix of the both of them.”

Aaron thought for a moment as he followed Nick who was on his way out to his car. “What do you have planned for Ali?”

Nick turned to his brother and decided to speak in code, “Movie marathon at her place, the bag is some extra clothes in case I decide to stay over.”

Aaron smirked at him knowing what he meant. ‘Movie marathon’ never meant actually watching movies, it meant one thing that Nick wanted some alone time with Alyssa and not to disturb them. “Have fun…” Aaron replied giving him a knowing grin.

Nick smiled back, “Kel coming over after the concert?”

“Yep.”

“Good I’ll see you later then.” Nick answered back as he got into his car pulling out of the garage. He arrived at Alyssa’s condo not too long after. He set everything up in her bedroom and downstairs. Bored now, he went into her office and looked at her bookshelves and pulled out one of her black speckled composition books labeled 2000. Intrigued he opened to the first page.

January 1st, 2000

Happy New Year! I decided with the start of a new century that I should start a new journal. It’s crazy a totally new century, new possibilities, a chance to start again. A whole new millennium laid out before me.

Okay I’m done waxing poetic here.

The party last night was so much fun. Of course it was, my Dad throws the absolute best New Years parties. I think the best part though was that Nick was there. It’s so nice to be able to hang out with him. He’s completely different than what most people would think he is.

Oh did I mention that he kissed me? Yes, he KISSED ME!! I still can’t believe that it was real, like I imagined the entire thing. Lord knows I’ve thought about it enough. My God what’s wrong with me? I mean I realize that I’m in love with him but I shouldn’t he’s my friend. But God when he kissed me, it was so perfect and it just felt so right. He’s going to be 20 soon, I’m illegal for him to even think about like that.

Like he actually would think about me like that. He probably felt sorry for me, that I’m 16 and had never been kissed.

Is it bad that I want him to kiss me again? I know that probably won’t be happening until I’m 18 if ever again. But so what it was perfect, so good, something I’ll never forget. The way he tasted, like champagne and peppermint, the way it felt, it was intoxicating.

Definitely something I’ll always cherish.

Nick closed the journal and got up picking up the one that said ‘2004’ on the front cover. He’d read from that one before but he decided to read closer to the end of it, flipping to a page.

October 11th, 2004

It’s Monday, and I don’t want to go back to my other classes. Especially after the weekend I just had. Ho-lee shit. Friday night was my birthday, which of course means that the pact ran out. Nick and I went through with it. Granted it hurt like hell at first….it was wonderful though. And afterwards Nick told me he loves me. HE LOVES ME!!!!!

I can’t even begin to explain how giddy I am every single time he says it. Or how I’m sitting here in the library day-dreaming that I’m at home tangled up bed with him while he's at rehearsals. Something changed between us…I don’t know what it is but everytime we’re together I can feel tension between us. Not a bad tension, but a good one…definitely a good one. I guess knowing what he’s like in bed and knowing how he feels about me is one reason why that changed.

But I’m still baffled.

In all honesty I blame him. He woke up something in me that I never knew I had. I want him…more and more all the time…and it’s crazy. I thought I moved on. But my heart is saying otherwise. When he dated Paris it hurt me so much, to know he’d rather be with someone who’d hurt him than be with me. From what I’ve learned this weekend is that he wanted me too, has for years but was afraid I’d reject him.

Reject him? Is he completely nuts? Why would me, a plain Jane, reject a guy like that? I mean he’s not without his faults, he screws up, makes mistakes, is stubborn as all hell, but he’s a good person too with a good heart. Maybe I still love him……

Nick smiled and got up putting the journals away. He liked that she let him read them. That he was allowed to see her most private thoughts written on paper when no one else gets to see them. He shrugged and went up stairs to her bedroom changing into the clothes he’d picked out. Black silk pajama pants and a black fitted wife beater. Blue maybe Alyssa’s favorite color, but seeing Nick wear black always drives her crazy, something about the color making it seem like it was forbidden that made her like it so much. He heard her enter the condo and he went around lighting the candles getting everything ready for her.

Alyssa looked around seeing the apartment eerily quiet. She saw movement in her bedroom and smirked, ‘must be up there’ she mused to herself. She picked up the note on the coffee table reading it.

Go to the downstairs bathroom, put on what’s in the box then come up stairs.

Always,

Nick

Her breathing increased as she walked into the bathroom seeing the box there. It wasn’t big it was actually rather small, giving her a good indication that the garment was going to be skimpy. She opened it moving the tissue paper out of the way and pulled out the dark green nightie giggling at the color. Figures it would be green, his favorite color, it matched her eyes too. She slipped out of her clothes and into the silk nightie noticing how simple yet beautiful it looked on her. She tousled her hair a little bit letting it fall around her shoulders before she spritzed some perfume on herself and left the bathroom padding to the stairs. She could smell the scent of the candles from where she stood. Taking a deep breath she climbed the stairs stopping at the door way. She didn’t see him anywhere. She moved in closer seeing the black duffel bag on the floor. She passed it and moved toward the bathroom, maybe he was in the tub. She froze when she heard his voice right next to her ear.

“I knew this would look amazing on you.” He whispered as he slid his hands over the silk covering her stomach.

Alyssa closed her eyes and leaned back against him noticing he was wearing the cologne she’d bought for him. She loved the way it smelled, subtle and clean. He moved away from her and walked around to the front of her keeping his hand at the small of her back. Her mouth went dry when she saw him the glasses, the hair, the clothes, even better than she had imagined.

He pulled her to him hugging her close before pulling back letting his eyes sweep over her.

“Where were you hiding?” She rasped breaking the silence

He nodded behind her to her closet making her laugh at him. “Do you trust me?” He asked taking off the glasses setting them down on her dresser which made her groan a little in disappointment. She nodded in response but he shook his head, “Answer me.” He commanded.

“Yes I trust you.” She managed to squeak out.

He gave her a small smirk, “Good.” Nick replied pulling her roughly to him and kissed her hard. Alyssa moved her hands to tangle in his hair. Nick grabbed both her hands and pushed them back to hang at her sides and held them there as he broke the kiss. Alyssa made a move to speak but Nick stopped her shaking his head. He backed them up against the end of her bed taking her hands and placing them on the wrought iron railing. “Keep those here until I tell you otherwise.” He told her with a look that told her that he meant what he said. She watched him almost afraid of what he might do. He saw a flicker of fear come across her face and reassured her, “Relax baby…” Nick whispered softly when he saw her body relax he moved to her neck sucking on her pulse point making her breathing become ragged and her hands grip onto the railing.

He nibbled down her neck stopping just above the edge of the nightie and glanced up seeing her watching him. Nick smirked at her watching her eyes lighten at least two more shades. Moving down he kissed her through the silk pausing to bite the side of her breast a little harder than he had expected making her shriek as the pleasure/pain coursed through her.

Worried he’d really hurt her he stopped and looked up, “Did I hurt you?” He asked concern filling his voice.

Alyssa stared him in the eyes loving how dark and intense they were, “God no, that felt so good.” He arched an eyebrow in surprise and leaned forward biting her again only harder this time, “Fuck…” She hissed as her knees buckled.

Nick stood up and turned her around placing her hands back at her sides as he hooked one finger under either strap of the nightie and let it fall into a pool at her feet. He took her hands and placed them back on the railing moving one hand to trace her tattoo at the small of her back making her shudder and goosebumps rise all over her body. He smirked and pressed his body against her back sliding his hands around to the front of her tugging on her naval ring then sliding it back and forth making her sigh and lean back into him wishing it was his skin pressing back against her. “Do you want me?” He asked softly his breath hot against her neck making her shiver.

“Yes.” She answered back.

He slipped his hand downward between her thighs teasing her ever so slightly that she thrust her hips downward in an effort to get his fingers closer to where she needed them most. Almost immediately he took his hand away receiving a disappointed whimper from her.

“You need it…you need me to fuck you don’t you? Need me to make you come.” He growled nipping at her earlobe she turned her head a little meeting his eyes not believing the words that came out of his mouth. He brought his hand back to her stroking her clit in rough circles making her throw her head back and moan loudly. Nick bit down on the back of her neck over the ink there making her shriek in delight as his fingers continued their slow torture. Satisfied he was making her crazy he stopped and stepped away from her.

Alyssa looked over her shoulder at him her eyes blazing with lust and frustration. Nick chuckled at her turning her back around sweeping her up in his arms and carried her around the bed laying her in the middle. “Nick…” Alyssa began wondering what he had planned.

Nick gave her a reassuring grin, “Shhhh, no speaking unless your spoken to, do you understand?”

“Yes.” She replied the look in his eyes making her insides burn.

He nodded and turned going over to the duffel bag. Alyssa crossed her legs trying subtly trying to give herself even just the slightest stimulation. He turned back bringing the bag over to her catching what she was doing. Getting a wicked gleam in his eyes he set the bag down at the end of the bed he grabbed her ankles and forced her legs apart then moved up her body to where they were eye to eye. “There will be none of that. If you come it will be because I made you.”

Alyssa’s eyes widened at the forcefulness of his words. He was killing her with them. She completely understood now why he loved it when she was forceful and aggressive with him, it easily, and completely hot. Feeling him hovering over her, her every nerve wired. Nick leaned down claiming her mouth in a teasing kiss sucking on her bottom lip which made Alyssa unconsciously raise her hips in an effort to feel him against her. Feeling her move he abruptly ended the kiss and clamped his hands onto her hips pinning them to the bed.

“Now, now…” He chided. “Do I have to tie you to the bed or are you going to behave yourself?” He asked smirking at her as he watched her mind wrestle with the idea.

Did she want to be tied up? Certainly it would make not being able to touch him easier. it would literally force her to stay in place. On the other hand if she behaved without restraints would she be rewarded?

“Do you want to be tied up or can you behave yourself?” He whispered laying his body next to hers running a hand down the middle of her from the hollow of her throat to just below her belly button. “If you can behave you’ll be rewarded. If not then you just might be punished. So what’ll it be restraints or self-restraint?” He asked growling in her ear knowing how well it got to her.

Alyssa closed her eyes and lifted her arms up wrapping her hands around the wrought iron head board. “….I’ll behave…” She replied panting she was beyond wanting him at this point what she was feeling went straight into need.

Nick gave her a heart stopping grin and kissed her forehead, “That’s my girl.” He stated moving away from her. He took her hands off the headboard and motioned for her to sit. When she did he reached for the bag behind him and opened it and stuck his hand in pulling out the first thing he grabbed, raspberry flavored massage oil that heated up when rubbed in or blown on. He showed it to her watching her eyes light up before placing it on the night stand in the ‘definite pile’. Another item he pulled out was chocolate body paint putting that in the definite pile. Next he pulled out a pair of handcuffs placing that on the night stand as well. Alyssa grinned wickedly at him as he reached back into the bag pulling out a little plastic bag that held a tongue stud and small batteries. She gave him an odd look. “Okay that one is more for me, than it is for you, it’s a vibrating tongue stud.” He admitted.

She chuckled a little and grabbed it from him tossing it on the definite pile. He gave her an amused look, “Later I promise.” She stated grinning at him.

He reached back into the bag pulling out the one thing she’d hoped was in there but that she didn’t quite expect…cat-o-nine tails. Smirking at her he placed the odd looking whip on the definite pile. Sure he wasn’t planning to use quite all of that the first round, but it was more for show than anything that he could use it if he chose to. Nick loved the reaction he was getting from her, silently thanking Jenna for dragging him into a sex shop to buy all of this. Nick stuck his hand in the bag smirking to himself when he found what he was looking for. He pulled out the thin leather straps attached to small chains and another strap on each end. He went around the bed tying one to each corner before coming back to sit next to Alyssa. “Now those are only going to be used if you misbehave okay?” He explained.

“Okay.” Alyssa replied not entirely sure she wanted to behave anymore. Not only was she wound up to an unreasonable degree but now knowing that they had a lot to play with turned her on even more.

Nick looked at her sensing she wanted to say something snarky but was biting her tongue. He rolled his eyes, his own curiosity getting the best of him, “Just say whatever smart ass comment you are dying to say.”

Alyssa smiled at him happy she was given permission to say something, “I’m just surprised you don’t have a vibrator, blindfold and a gag in there.” She stated trying to act cool as a cucumber.

Nick laughed a little, “Who says I don’t?” He replied setting the bag on the floor as her eyes grew wide. He moved back to sit back on his heels on the bed pulling her into his arms kissing her unconsciously groaning as her tongue stud slid inside his mouth. Nick took her hands bringing them to the hem of his shirt giving her permission to undress him. She quickly lifted the wife beater off of him as he untied the strings to the pajama pants he’d been wearing lifting up off the bed to slip them off. When he was done with that he deepened the kiss and pushed her back to lay down on the bed settling himself between her legs.

Alyssa sighed into the kiss at finally feeling his skin against hers. He took her hands that were holding onto his shoulder blades and placed them back around the intricate design of the head board as he grazed their hips together letting them slide against each other without entering her. Alyssa broke the kiss and moaned gripping the head board harder. Nick moved to her side teasing them both to the point where Alyssa wasn’t above begging. He looked at the night stand grabbing the body paint first opening it, he took the brush dipping it into the syrup-like mixture and drew a spiral on her hip bone moving down and licking it off slowly making a face that made Alyssa laugh. He pinched her side in retaliation for her laughter making her squeal.

“That shit tastes nothing like chocolate.” He stated putting it back on the night stand he swallowed a couple of times trying to get the taste out of his mouth. He took the handcuffs off the night stand taking Alyssa’s left hand clicking one of the cuffs around it she looked at him oddly wondering what he was going to do. He moved her to sit up again piling up the pillows behind her and then settling himself behind her moving her to recline against him. It was then he took the other end of the cuffs and clicked it around his left wrist. She turned her head up to look at him completely confused. Smiling at her he leaned forward kissing her as he placed his cuffed hand on top of hers moving it from her neck down her chest making sure to linger there a moment before continuing down her fingers under his moving over her skin.

He hadn’t planned on doing this just yet but since the body paint idea was a no-go he figured he’d step it up a little getting her to do something he’d seen before and done to her but never both at the same time. He trailed their joined hands down to her naval playing with the jewelry there before sliding further down to trail across her slowly and lightly making her sigh and whimper for more.

He whispered in her ear, “Move your fingers with mine.” He semi-commanded as he began moving their fingers in tandem against her clit then down inserting them into her as she arched her back against him crying out in relief. Nick kept moving his fingers inside her as she moved hers back up to her clit making slow circles, increasing speed and intensity as his fingers did. He glanced down to where their hands were joined watching her hips thrust forward against both their hands. Her entire body tensed as her climax rushed over her surprising them both. “That was quick…” He stated reaching for the keys to the cuffs unlocking them and throwing the handcuffs to the floor.

Alyssa still laid against him trying to regain her breathing, her climax had come so fast and so strong it left her completely breathless. Getting a crazy idea she turned around facing him. “Tell me what you want me to do.”

He looked at her strangely in response. This was definitely not something he planned. He was supposed to be calling the shots right?

“You’re still in control…” She reassured moving close to nibble on his Adam’s apple. “Your wish is my command…” She whispered with a smirk on her face. She had always wanted to say that line to someone and figured it fit the situation.

His eyes lit up as he smiled at her pulling her lips to his crashing them together. He pulled only an inch away and stated, “Fuck me…”

Alyssa smiled and straddled his waist reaching behind her to move her hand on him. She smirked knowing he was way more than ready for her. She lifted herself up and sank down onto him making him growl and thrust his hips up which pitched her body forward catching herself with her hands and forearms braced against his chest. Digging her nails into his chest she began a slow rocking motion that had him writhing on the bed below her. He stopped her pushing her off of him making her give him a confused look that made him smirk at her. He kneeled on the bed motioning for her to do the same, when she did he turned her around keeping her back flush against his and entered her, no warning whatsoever he was just there. He moved against her with wild abandon making her entire body shudder as he consistently hit the right spot.

Alyssa moved her hands behind her to hold onto him but he pushed her hands away pulling out of her making her groan in frustration. He turned her back around and practically tackled her to the bed bringing her knees up to her chest resting her ankles on his shoulders before entering her again going deeper than before and providing just the right amount of friction. He moved with quick deep thrusts making her nearly come up off the bed everytime their hips would smack together. She felt both their climaxes coming on fast and moved her legs to where her knees rested just under his arms.

Feeling her body tense and shudder beneath him made him move faster. He leaned forward kissing her roughly then biting and sucking on her neck making her hands grip onto his hair, her entire body tensed and she let out the sexiest growl he’d ever heard resonate from her throat. The sound alone was enough to send him over the edge with a howl.

Slowly their breathing slowed to a normal pace and Nick raised his head up looking at her. She opened her eyes and grinned at him, “Okay I have to ask this…” She began as he got a curious expression. “Where in the fuck did that come from? God I had no idea you had that in you.”

Nick smirked at her and kissed her collarbone, “I’ve been planning this out for months ever since you told me. Didn’t go anything like I planned but damn this was better. Makes me want to do it all over again.”

Alyssa giggled, “How can you possibly have any energy left?” She asked. “Damn you wore me out.” She finished with an exasperated sigh and a satisfied grin on her face.

He chuckled a bit, “Glad you liked it.”

She looked up at him and shook her head, “I loved it. I think you should be in control more often holy fuck.” She added making him grin at her even wider than before.

“So the control freak likes being submissive huh?” He asked nibbling on her neck.

Alyssa shuddered shocked that her body was responding to him so quickly. “Only if you promise to act that forcefully again, damn.” She replied. “Lori told me that you planned something but God I didn’t think it would be this, hoped for it yes. But I didn’t think you’d go through with it.”

Nick pulled her close as he moved to her side skimming his fingertips from her underarm down to her hipbone. “Well we’ve been through hell so far this year, with the breakup, struggling with getting back together, Brandon…”

Alyssa saw the flicker of pain come across his face when Brandon’s name was mentioned. “You’re perfect you know that?” She stated making him look in her eyes.

“Perfect? I highly doubt that.”

She rolled her eyes, “No you are. You’ve been the absolute perfect boyfriend. Always telling me you love me long before I ever could mirror that sentiment, trying to take care of me even when I didn’t want you to, helping me grieve after my Dad died and the miscarriage happened, forgiving me when my stupidity destroyed everything we have together. You’re unbelievably remarkable do you know that? It takes a strong man to put up with my shit.”

“I’m weak though. I wanted to hate you for what happened. I couldn’t hate you, as much as I wanted to. I was angry for what you did. But mostly I’m angry at myself for letting you doubt even for a second that I wouldn’t be faithful to you. I wish we could undo the past few months as though they never happened. Go back to when everything was perfect between us.”

Alyssa tried to bite back the tears that stung her eyes. She hated herself every day for ruining everything they had. For being too scared to realize that she didn’t want anything but his presence by her side. “I’m so sick of being afraid.” She stated as the tears began to fall.

Nick sighed, “Baby what are you so afraid of?”

She looked at him seeing the nearly pained expression on his face knowing he desperately wanted to know what had been troubling her over the past months, “I’m afraid of you.”

He got a confused look on his face, now that was not something he expected.

Chapter 11: Sugar We're Goin' Down by Teri
Author's Notes:
Well since I have a major research paper to write tomorrow I figured I'd post ch11 for you guys to tide you over until I have a moment to update again. I started a new story, definitely different than what I've written before, and if I like it I'll post it soon so look forward to that! Anyways here's ch11 enjoy and let me know what you think! *Muah* Much love!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Eleven: Sugar We’re Goin’ Down

****************************

Nick Narrating:

Afraid of me? How can she be afraid of me? I mean she explained it that how I make her feel scares the hell out of her. I understand that for years how she’d make me feel scared the hell out of me.

I just don’t understand why I’m so fucking intimidating to her. Okay I kind of understand it. I’ve got an odd life, screwed up family, weird friends, insane job. But that’s me and she knew all of this going into our relationship. Or maybe it’s because I welcome my feelings for her. I didn’t always do that, but since she found out about how I feel I’ve been pretty fuckin’ vocal about it.

Shit I knew that was going to scare her off. But she’s still here she didn’t run away, she may have tried to but she didn’t get far. Maybe the whole deal with Brandon made her see what she had to lose?

If that’s true, I’m considering thanking the guy.

That’s seriously fucked up, the guy has sex with my girl and he gets thanked for it? Yeah great thinking there Carter. Granted that, I’m still really hurt by what happened, anytime I see an ad for his movie I want to throw something at the television. I went to see it of course, me being the comic book fanatic that I am. He did well, but the entire time I sat there thinking that’s the guy that my girlfriend cheated on me with......

Superman fucked my girlfriend.......

Okay he’s not really Superman but you know what I mean.

I went to Alex, Brian and Howie for advice about what happened. Alex was stunned that I’d taken her back without a serious fight. Brian was nothing but supportive saying that he stands by me no matter what.

That was fucking cool of Brian. I thought for the longest time that our friendship had ended because of my solo album. All the rumors about a rift in the group were caused because Brian and I were not on speaking terms for quite sometime. He was busy making a family, I was busy making an album. He saw my album as my way of telling the guys that I didn’t need them anymore and that pissed him off. And Brian’s anger is worse than Kevin’s anger. He’s a slow burn so when he’s pissed watch out.

Of course that rumor wasn’t true but still we had words and didn’t speak for months. Then he called out of the blue telling me that Leigh was in labor and that he’d really like it if I could fly out. Of course I wanted to go, even booked the flight but at the last minute I couldn’t do it. Almost as if I couldn’t face him after all that time we hadn’t spoken to each other. I called him told him I couldn’t make it at the last minute, some lame excuse about management and that caused an even bigger rift; one I thought we’d never fix.

Howie, now there’s Mr. Loyalty. He’s stood by each and everyone of us as we’ve gone through personal triumphs and trials. He saw me on my first video shoot as a solo artist, he went and saw Kevin on Broadway. Helped Alex get his shit together and helped welcome Baylee into the world. When I explained what happened with Alyssa he listened and smacked me upside the head…something only Kevin has ever been able to get away with. He told me that I should forgive her no matter what that you can’t change who you fall in love with and you just have to deal and move on.

He actually sounded like Ali when he said that. Deal and move on…that was Alyssa’s catch phrase for whenever I ended up in the tabloids or had a bad breakup.

In a moment of insanity I went to Kevin, I hadn’t really spoken to him since the tour ended, keeping all my opinions about his departure to myself. But when we got to talking everything came pouring out. Alyssa’s and my relationship woes were only really the tip of the iceberg. I noticed that I had a lot of resentment towards Kevin for leaving, more so than Alex does.

I understand Kevin’s reasoning, and I wish him the best of luck. But his timing fucking sucked. Kevin and I hashed everything out, he listened to me about how I felt he was abandoning us, then how I felt like since then I’d pushed Alyssa away by being clingy when she needed space. Like I was expecting her to abandon me too.

Kevin, of course being the person he is understood and respected how I felt and gave me the best advice on fixing things with Alyssa.

‘Just love her’ is all he said.

And really that’s all he needed to say. Those three words made absolute perfect sense to me. Leave it to Kevin the one person besides Brian that I truly idolize, to sum up in three words exactly what I needed to do to fix my relationship. Just love her…fuck yeah I can do that. True it kills me to think that another guy has had her. But I get her in ways Brandon never will. He got her for one night, one time. I get to have her whenever I want, which ever way that I want her.

It also helped when she showed me how much she loves me. I wasn’t expecting her to do any of it. I pretty much expected her to say a few things and that was it. But lying there completely exposed to each other and hearing her say what she said......totally blew me away. That’s why I decided to go ahead with her fantasy she’d told me about. I wanted her to see that I appreciated how much she opened up that night and let her feelings show.

And since then we’ve been pretty fucking inseparable.

I knew she’d love it, she’d said she wanted me to control her, tell her what to do, but her reaction was insane to the point where I’m definitely going to be doing it again……and again. It was that crazy fantasy of hers that brought us back. We’d been at the point where we didn’t know where we were going with our relationship. And now it’s like that first weekend all over again, rebuilding all that love and trust we’d shared.

She’s back to being the same old Ali again, the one I fell in love with. The one I want to spend my life with. I know now what Brian had said all those years ago after he had proposed to Leigh. He’d said that when you’ve found the right one you just know it and it doesn’t matter when, where or how big of spectacle you make it just matters that she’s by your side with you every step of the way.

And I’m really beginning to understand what that means.

End Narration.

*********************************

Nick walked out onto his deck happy to be home, thankful the reality show had finished shooting and he could get back to his life without worrying what he could say and what he couldn’t say. He heard giggling behind him and turned around seeing Aaron sucking on Kellie’s neck. He rolled his eyes at them. “Oh get a room.” He snapped with more of an edge to his voice than he’d intended.

Aaron stopped what he was doing and gave his brother a look noticing the pensive look on his face. “What’s wrong?”

Nick glanced over at them, “Nothing, just thinking…”

“About?” Kellie asked concerned for her friend.

Nick sighed a little and plopped down onto a lounge chair next to where they were sitting. “Ali…” He stated seeing them both get concerned looks on their faces.

“What’s going on now?” Aaron asked he had gotten fed up with how things had been going for Nick and Alyssa the whole situation annoyed him.

“Nothing we’re back to the way we were, which is great…amazing even. I just want her back here living with me, not having to try to steal moments alone whenever our schedules will allow it.”

Kellie grinned at him, “She’s happy you know. Now that you two are back to your old selves. Lori and I can’t get her to shut up about it. Especially about what you did after the concert.”

Nick smirked, “It was her fantasy, and hey Lori shouldn’t complain she and Jenna really helped.”

Aaron looked between the two of them bewildered at what they were talking about, “Okay care to fill me in on this?”

Kellie chuckled a little, “Ali’s a control freak and her fantasy was to have absolutely no control over the situation. And she fucking loved every second of it.”

Aaron gave her a strange look as he played with her fingers, “And you would know this how?”

Nick laughed, “Because they talk…” Nick retorted making Aaron blush.

“Umm you didn’t tell her anything about me right?” Aaron asked a little nervous that Alyssa had heard tales of his and Kellie’s bedroom activities.

The look on Aaron’s face made Nick laugh even harder and Kellie giggle at him. “What was it that you told Ali?” Nick asked looking at Kellie, “Something about stamina?” Nick finished with a snarky clip to his voice as Kellie’s eyes grew wide.

“I can’t believe she told you that!” Kellie exclaimed blushing furiously.

“She tells me everything Kel, besides you know way more about me than you ever wanted to know too.” Nick explained.

Aaron thought a moment, “Did something ever happen between the two of you?” He asked.

Nick chuckled, “Kel this one’s on you.”

Kellie rolled her eyes, “Thanks a lot Carter.” She turned to Aaron, “Long time ago, back when you were interested in Ali, the three of us…”

Aaron put his hand up, “Whoa wait a second, the three of you?” Both Kellie and Nick nodded nervous that Aaron was going to flip out. Aaron looked at Nick and started laughing, “Lucky bastard.” He muttered making Nick laugh at him.

Kellie started laughing, “What is it with you two and the fascination about Ali and I?”

“You have to admit it was hot.” Nick reasoned.

Kellie blushed, “That it was, totally understand your obsession with Ali’s tongue stud because of it.”

Aaron’s jaw dropped at Kellie’s admission, “Holy shit you mean…?” He asked stumbling over his words. Kellie blushed again and nodded. Aaron glanced over at Nick, “That’s so not fair…” He added making the other two bust out laughing.

The next day…

Alyssa and Nick collapsed onto the mattress in an exhausted heap slowly coming off their high. She moved to snuggle up against him trailing her fingers along his chest sighing as he wrapped his arms around her. “What are you doing this weekend?” Nick asked out of the blue.

Alyssa looked up at him giving him a lazy grin, “Preferably you. But I’m open to suggestions.” She countered making him chuckle a little.

“Spend the weekend with me?” He asked giving her a hopeful grin.

She mulled it over in her mind for a moment, “Okay, are you kicking Aaron out for the weekend?”

“Yep, he’s pretty much living at Kellie’s right now what with them going at it like rabbits.” Nick explained making Alyssa snicker at him.

“And just what do you think we’re doing?” She countered.

He rolled his eyes and kissed her temple, “Very true, but this weekend is very important.”

Alyssa gave him a perplexed expression on her face. “Important?”

“Yes very important. You want to know why?” He asked and she nodded curious as to what he had to say. “Because it was five years ago this Friday that I realized that I love you.”

Surprise registered on her face, “It’s been five years?”

He smiled at her, “Yes and I want to spend the weekend just us together in this house, anything goes. However I have one rule.” He began.

“And that would be?” She asked with a wicked grin as she moved her hand down his body beginning to touch him not at all surprised that he was beginning to respond to her.

He raised up on his elbows and looked at her, “No clothing allowed.” He replied gasping at her touch.

She grinned at him moving herself down to where her hand was working over him. She looked up and answered him. “Somehow I don’t think that will be a problem…” She smirked and took him fully into her mouth as he threw his head back and growled at the sensation of her mouth and tongue stud on him.

Meanwhile Aaron and Kellie walked into the house from their lunch date. They figured Nick was out back or in his office working on something since the house was relatively quiet and Alyssa’s car wasn’t in the driveway.

He took Kellie’s hand and led her upstairs going to the guest room he’d claimed as his own stopping in the hallway hearing heavy breathing and moaning coming from the master bedroom. The exchanged a glance and Kellie rolled her eyes and quietly padded over to see that the door had been left half way open. She stifled her giggle at what she saw which was Alyssa’s head moving up and down on Nick while had one hand tangled in her hair and the other bent holding him propped up on the bed. Kellie motioned for Aaron to come over. He did as she told him to and he peeked into the room cocking his head to the side before putting his hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter.

Thinking quickly Kellie pushed them back through the hallway and into the guestroom they were originally intended for and shut the door as quietly as possible behind them before they both collapsed on the bed laughing.

“Damn that’s hilarious.” Aaron stated finally regaining his composure.

Kellie stopped laughing for a moment, “Yes it is, it seems as though we have the most uncanny ability to walk in on them. Especially when one is going down on the other.”

“You’d think they’d learn to shut the damn door though.” Aaron added.

Kellie smirked at him, “I doubt they expected to be interrupted.”

Later that afternoon…

Alyssa came out onto the patio in her white and black striped bikini pulling her hair up into a messy bun.

“Going for a swim?” Kellie asked making Alyssa jump in surprise.

“Jesus Kel I didn’t know you were here!” Alyssa exclaimed turning seeing both Kellie and Aaron sitting on a lounge chair, Kellie in her pink bikini and Aaron in his Quicksilver board shorts.

“Like you would have noticed anyways.” Aaron retorted making Alyssa give him a look.

Kellie giggled, “You looked like you had your hands full when we came back…or well I should say your mouth was full.” Kellie added.

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide, she turned and jumped into the pool to avoid their grins and laughter. Nick walked out a second later which sent them into another fit of laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Nick asked as Alyssa surfaced in the pool shooting Kellie and Aaron a glare.

“Embarrassing the hell out of Ali.” Kellie replied.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Leave my woman alone.” He warned jumping into the pool as well.

He surfaced and moved over pull Alyssa against him. Nick kissed her temple and snaked an arm around her waist. “They caught us earlier.” Alyssa whispered.

“I kind of figured…are you okay?” He asked not comprehending the look she had.

“Yeah I guess…I’m just embarrassed I mean for Christ sake they saw me saw me sucking you off.”

Nick chuckled a little and leaned into her, “And they’ve seen me going down on you, so what?”

“It’s not something I’m used to.”

“Neither am I but you gotta brush it off, it’s okay you know to be open about yourself in front of people. Hell Kellie has fucked both of us.”

Alyssa laughed, “I know, just it’s weird seeing Aaron as a sexually active adult instead of the hyperactive little kid.”

Nick smiled and looked over at Kellie and Aaron who were engaged in a kiss. “Okay yeah it is weird. It’s worse with my sisters though.”

“Understandable, but at least you can see where I’m coming from right?”

“Of course I can.”

That Friday Afternoon…

Alyssa got out of her car and walked up to the front door ringing the bell. Nick opened the door, on the phone and smiled at her letting her inside.

“Rok I know, we need to work harder on the harmonizing. Yes it’s going to be different without Kevin, but who the fuck knows it might sound fuckin cool.” Nick stated into the phone as Alyssa followed him into the kitchen. Alyssa reached out for the phone and Nick caught on, “Hold on Bri someone wants to talk to you.” He said handing the phone over to Alyssa.

Alyssa smiled, “Brian Thomas Littrell relax already will ya? You’re turning into a shorter version of Kevin.” Alyssa joked.

“ALI!!!” Brian shouted in surprise. “I didn’t know you and Nick were doing better?”

Alyssa grinned again, “We’re doing much better but your worrying is keeping him from our little weekend getaway.”

Brian laughed, “Okay I’ll let you go then, Baylee and Leigh send their love.”

“Give them lots of hugs for me! And tell Leigh to call me!” She replied before they rang off. She turned to Nick who was thoroughly amazed at how she’d gotten Brian off the phone. When Brian rambled, he RAMBLED. Usually there was no stopping him for at least an hour. “So Mr. Carter…” Alyssa stated with a playful grin, “Now that I’m here…”

Nick knew where she was going with this and interjected, “…You wanna get naked?”

Alyssa smirked and chuckled softly, “Yes but I think I might make you work for it to get me naked.”

He pulled her to him and began to unbutton the dress shirt she’d been wearing. She laughed a little and leaned in kissing him softly. When he finished with the last button Alyssa slipped off the shirt revealing a lacy white camisole underneath.

“How many clothes did you put on?” Nick asked laughing a little.

“I had a meeting today talking about the fall semester. So I dressed up.” Alyssa replied and indeed she had. Black pencil skirt that stopped just above her knees. White dress blouse, stilettos that made her and Nick the same height. He looked down at her legs seeing the stockings.

“Thigh highs as well.” He added licking his lips unconsciously. He loved her in a pair of thigh highs. Something about thigh highs were so completely sexy.

Alyssa giggled, “Those I put on merely because you like them.”

He reached behind her looking for the zipper on her skirt getting a confused look when he didn’t find one. “Where the hell is the zipper on this thing.” He muttered making Alyssa giggle at him. “Stop laughing at me and help me out here.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes and moved her hand to the side unbuttoning and moving the fabric where the zipper was concealed unzipping it letting it fall to the floor leaving her in just the camisole, matching boy short underwear the black thigh highs and heels. She vaulted herself up onto the granite countertop behind her and lifted her leg up putting her foot on his chest. He took it slipping off her shoe letting it hit the floor with a loud smack. She lifted her other foot allowing him to take her other shoe off. Nick’s hands went to her upper thigh reaching for the stocking when the phone rang.

Nick rolled his eyes and picked up the phone, “What?” He barked into the phone.

“Now what kind of manners are those?” Mary scolded laughing a little.

“Hi Mary.” Nick replied looking at Alyssa who looked like she wanted to crack up. “Sorry, just I’m a little busy at the moment.”

Mary laughed a little, “Let me talk to my daughter for a moment before you get too occupied.” She countered making Nick blush and hand the phone over to Alyssa.

“Hi Momma.” Alyssa spoke into the phone.

“Hey honey, I wanted to let you know that Clark and Lori finally decided on where to have their wedding, at the house here in three weeks.”

Alyssa got a surprised look, “That’s cool I’m sure I’ll hear all about it from Lori on Monday.”

“I’m sure you will, I’ll let you get back to whatever you two were up to and honey......”

“Yes mom?” Alyssa asked still sitting on the counter she crossed her legs sitting as lady-like as she could considering she was nearly naked.

“Use protection sweetheart.” Mary replied hanging up.

Alyssa busted out laughing turning four shades of red, “I just CANNOT believe she just said that.”

Nick took the portable phone from her setting it back on the charger. “What did she say?”

“She said ‘use protection sweetheart’. God that’s embarrassing.”

He smiled a little placing his hands on her knee. “She said it to embarrass you. And she’s right we probably should.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Yeah but where’s the fun in that?”

He leaned over kissing her slowly groaning a little when she sucked on his bottom lip. She placed her hands on either side of his neck as she uncrossed her legs letting him stand between them. He pulled away from the kiss for a moment and began removing her thigh highs sliding each slowly down her legs throwing them on the floor with the her other clothes. She crossed her arms in front of her lifting the camisole up and off of her letting it join the growing pile on the floor. Nick moved his hands to her hips motioning for to lift her hips up. Alyssa smirked and braced her hands on the counter and lifted her hips up allowing him to slip her underwear down her hips just far enough for Alyssa to kick them off. He dragged his fingertips lightly up the tops of her thighs from her knees to her hips making her shudder and laugh a little at the ticklish sensation. He moved in to kiss her but she stopped him.

“This isn’t right.” She stated.

“What?” He squeaked, he couldn’t understand what possibly could be wrong with this situation.

She smiled at him, “I’m naked and you’re not.”

He smirked, “Yeah that can be fixed.”

Three hours later…

Nick looked over at Alyssa who was napping next to him. He smiled at her sleeping form loving the peaceful look on her face. He looked around the room bored; he didn’t want to wake her but needed something to occupy his mind while she slept. Looking around the room he spied his laptop and a folder full of papers and receipts that he needed to go through and input into his laptop. Sighing he got up grabbing the computer and the papers settling himself on the bed bringing the sheets around his waist. He leaned over grabbing his reading glasses off the night stand putting them on while the laptop booted up.

The worst thing about being an adult in his mind was having to be responsible for everything you spent and did. He hated going through all his financial information but he did it to keep track of everything. Especially once he heard horror stories about Hollywood accountants who stole money from their celebrity clients. Of course he trusted his accountant but he’d learned from experience it was best to keep track of things yourself as well. Grabbing the stack of papers he started to sort through all the information.

Hearing papers rustling Alyssa stirred a little opening her eyes seeing Nick sitting a little further down the bed sorting through something, what she couldn’t make out. Moving as quietly as she could she moved behind him and pressed her lips to his shoulder blade. He sighed a little not taking his attention off the papers.

“I thought you said no work this weekend.” Alyssa whispered as she continued to kiss across his back.

He stopped what he was doing closing his eyes reveling in the feeling of her lips on his skin. “You were asleep. And I was bored.”

Alyssa hugged him from behind pressing her body against his back, “You could have woke me up.”

“You need your rest, sugar.” He countered sighing feeling her skin rub against his.

She smiled and nibbled on his neck just below his ear. “Sleep is so overrated.” She stopped when she noticed he was wearing his glasses, she always found them to look extremely attractive on him. “You’re wearing your glasses…”

He looked back up at the laptop screen, “I kind of need them to see what the hell I’m reading…”

“You don’t always wear them though.”

Nick sighed, she was right he hated wearing them but if he didn’t his eyes would be sore later, “I know I don’t like wearing them. I’m supposed to though.”

“It’s sexy as hell.” He stopped and looked up, shaking his head a little. “Stop that right now, that thought that I’m blind or something. Do you realize how many girls would kill to see you like this, all naked in bed? And it’s not because you’re famous, or have money......for some that’s part of it........but for the majority of girls out there, it’s because of you.”

He turned his head seeing her face resting on his shoulder. “Ali don’t start.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes and moved away from him grabbing at his laptop opening the internet browser silently thanking God that he had wireless internet in his house. She pulled up a message board and he rolled his eyes. “Well if you don’t believe when I say that you’re hot maybe your oh so adoring fans will convince you otherwise.”

Nick rolled his eyes and closed the laptop, “I realize that some think I’m good looking but I don’t think I’m anything but normal.”

Alyssa stared at him for a moment her hand brushing his hair out of his eyes before moving it to the back of his neck pulling him into a kiss sweeping her tongue over his lips a little as he opened his mouth letting her tongue play with his. She pulled away a second later seeing he had his eyes still closed she smirked at him.

He opened his eyes a second later taking off his glasses tossing them over on the nightstand. “Have I ever told you that you’re amazing at that?”

“I had a good teacher.” She countered.

Nick grinned, “Oh really…”

“Yeah, really amazing kisser…” She flirted back.

“Amazing…huh?” He smirked leaning her back on the bed. She giggled a little wrapping her arms around him as he leaned down to kiss her.

The next night…

“I think I’m starting to get used to the whole naked thing.” Alyssa remarked as they laid on the couch flipping through channels of course still completely naked.

He smiled at her, “Good that was my plan, to break you of your modesty, finally.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Well I’m sorry I was brought up Catholic you know how strict that is.”

Nick snickered making her look at him with glare. “Sorry just picturing you in a Catholic school girl outfit.”

“I went to public school you dork. But every Sunday growing up we had to go to church.”

“Still weren’t you the one that told me that Catholicism had quite a corrupt period for a long time?”

Alyssa laughed, “Yeah the church did for a few hundred years. On Sundays they’d preach about how sex is a sin and all that and then they’re the ones coined the term for the missionary position.”

Nick laughed, “That’s hilarious.”

“Yeah but don’t tell my Nana that she’d have a coronary. Hell it took her a long time to understand what a lesbian was when Ollie came out. You’ve met her, she’s very old school Catholic. I think she still thinks I’m a virgin.”

He breathed a second trying to control his laughter, “She just probably hopes that you are so you can wear white at your wedding or something like that.”

Alyssa giggled a little, “Virgin or not I’m wearing white.” She shot back.

He arched his eyebrow looking at her, “You’ve thought about it?”

She sighed and moved a little to look at him and still lay against him. “Of course I’ve thought about it.”

“And…?”

“And what?”

Nick rolled his eyes again, “What would you want?”

“What do you mean?” Alyssa asked wanting to make sure where he was going with this.

“Well what kind of wedding would you want?”

“Like if we were getting married?”

He nodded, “Yeah…”

Alyssa thought a moment she already knew exactly what she wanted but she wanted to at least look like she was thinking it over. “…Something simple, just friends and family.”

“Any ideas on where?”

“Someplace unexpected. Have it be a surprise where only you and I would know when and where exactly and spring it on everyone. That way we wouldn’t have to deal with the media and the fans.”

He smiled, “Sounds like you’ve put a little more thought into this than you’re letting on.”

She looked away for a second, “Just helping Lori with her wedding has given me some ideas.”

“Nice to know you’ve been thinking about that though.”

Alyssa blushed a little, “Yeah I’ve been thinking about it.”

“And?”

“And I like the idea…you know of us getting married… It doesn’t matter to me when it happens just eventually yeah I think that’d be cool.” She partially admitted. Alyssa loved the idea of them getting married, wanted it to happen more and more everyday, but she didn’t want to admit that yet.

He held her close and closed his eyes silently imagining what it would be like if they would get married. Half of him wanted to wait to pull off his carefully crafted plan, the other half wanted to run upstairs grab the ring and propose right then and there.

Monday morning…

Nick groaned as the phone rang rolling over grabbing it off the night stand. “’Lo.” He stated rubbing his eyes.

“Dude it’s 10AM get the hell up.” Aaron remarked.

Nick rolled his eyes and groaned in response.

“Rough night?”

Nick snickered, “Depends on your definition of rough.” He shot back.

Aaron laughed, “What is with the two of you? God you’re worse than Kellie and I.”

“And why aren’t you still with her?”

“She had school second summer session I think. Where’s your woman?”

Nick glanced next to him seeing Alyssa still out cold, “She’s out cold next to me.”

“What time did you two go to sleep last night? Alyssa never sleeps in.”

Nick chuckled a little, “What time did the sun come up?”

“I don’t know probably 4 or 5.”

“Well we crashed after sunrise.”

“So are you going to ask her to move back in yet?”

Nick thought a moment, “Probably soon, maybe after Lori and Clark’s wedding.”

“And when are you going to propose? Because seriously I’ve got my money on December, the girls and I have a bet going on when you’re finally going to ask her.”

“A bet? Aaron you should not be making bets on when I’m going to ask her. I will when I think it’s the right time.”

“Dude I think it is the right time. I got my ass dragged to one of the girls dress fittings and Lori and Kel were trying to get her to try on wedding dresses. She said she didn’t want to jinx herself.”

“Jinx herself?”

Aaron chuckled, “Yeah she said that she didn’t want to try on dresses before there’s a ring on her finger. She said she didn’t want to jinx her chances of you asking soon.”

He couldn’t deny how his heart leapt into his throat when Aaron said that. Wanting to change the subject he replied, “What about you and Kellie you tell her yet?”

“No…”

Nick sighed, “Aaron you need to tell her. Has she said anything to you?”

“She hasn’t said anything yet. I can see it though she wants to say it but I think she’s afraid it’ll push me away or something.”

Nick rolled his eyes remembering how he and Alyssa had struggled with letting the other know their feelings. “Just tell her that you love her already, she’s waiting for you to say it. I heard her talking to Ali and she doesn’t want to come off as a clingy girlfriend…so just say it already. Trust me you’re not going to regret it.”

“I will, just I love her and it’s freaking me out.”

He grinned a little, “You sound like me a few years back. When I figured out that I love Ali. It’s normal to be scared, just don’t do anything stupid.”

“Yeah I know I don’t plan on doing anything stupid I promise.”

“Better not…”


Chapter 12: You've Got Mail by Teri
Author's Notes:
Alright here is ch12! I hope you all enjoy! Much love and let me know what you think! Have a great friday!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Twelve: You’ve Got Mail

“So Nick how are things with Ali going?” Brian asked with a knowing grin.

AJ and Howie turned to him with expectant expression and Nick grinned at the three of them.

“We’re doing so much better. I think she’s giving into her feelings finally.”

AJ smirked at him, “Yeah and you’ve been dating almost two years. I think it’s about damn time.”

“She was just afraid Alex. And you can’t tell me that you’ve never been freaked out by falling in love.” Howie added.

“But she fucked another guy!” AJ countered.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Yeah and I think she’s punishing herself enough for that. Seriously as much as it hurt and still hurts that it happened, she’s been doing everything she can to prove that she can be trusted.”

“Like what?” Brian asked curious now.

Nick sighed before he began, “Just little things, like leaving me a message on my phone because she’s bored at her office, leaving notes for me telling me where she’s going to be at for the day. All of the things we did when we were friends, talking, laughing the way we used to.”

“Man you’re brave for forgiving her that easily. If Kaci had done that to me, I doubt I’d be able to forgive her.” AJ added.

Nick looked at him, “I can’t not forgive her. I’ve lost her twice and I’ll be damned if I lose her again.”

“Twice?”

“Once when she tried to kill herself, and then when we broke up. She’s the one, and I’m not going to let her go.”

Brian smiled at him, “You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that.”

Nick smiled back out everyone it was Brian’s opinion that he valued most even above Kevin’s. He wanted Brian’s life, the love he had with his wife, a child he adored. All of that, Nick wanted and needed with Alyssa. “I’m going to ask her to move back in, and once she does I want to marry her.”

Brian’s smile got even wider as AJ and Howie both got shocked expressions.

“Dude, Nick getting married, son of bitch we’d be ruined!” AJ replied sarcastically before grinning at him. “Next you’re going to tell me you want her to get pregnant.”

“Umm actually yeah I do want her to get pregnant. But she and I need to discuss it first, she’s still on the pill so it’s not like that’s going to be happening yet.”

Howie grinned at him, “Good leave all the women for Alex and I.”

AJ shot him a look, “Hello I have a girlfriend.”

“So do I.” Howie shot back, “Doesn’t mean we can’t look.”

AJ laughed a little, “I’m not looking I just got what I’ve been wanting for a long time and there is no way I’m giving that up.”

Nick caught on to what he was saying, “So I’m guessing I’m not the only one that’s been getting laid.”

AJ snorted at him, “She’s the sweetest girl in the world. Kaci treats me with so much respect and love it’s crazy.”

“And the fact that you’re a decade older than her has nothing to do with your attraction right?” Brian asked with a snarky tone.

AJ rolled his eyes at Brian, “What was it you always said, love has no age?”

Brian laughed softly, “Yeah I know just giving you a hard time about it.”

Nick looked at the three of them smiling a little letting his mind drift off. He jumped when his sidekick buzzed taking it out looking at it seeing he had a picture message from Alyssa. He opened it his eyes widening at the picture, it was sheer white lingerie set, a camisole, white sheer thigh highs and a matching thong. She never wore those, ever, mostly because she didn’t like the feeling of wearing no underwear when in fact you were, she’d told him if she wanted that she’d go commando. Just the idea of her wearing that completely turned him on making his semi-baggy jeans feel skin tight. His cell buzzed again showing him that he had a text message from Alyssa. His breath caught in his throat as he read it.

Come over soon lover. I need you.

Nick quickly text messaged her back: ‘Put on the lingerie. Be there as soon as I can’

“Nick you okay?” Brian asked wondering exactly what on his phone had distracted him so quickly.

Nick looked up at Brian, “Text message from Liss, letting me know what she wants for dinner.” ‘Yeah right dinner we’re skipping straight to dessert here.’ He mused to himself.

AJ noticed the look on his face and smirked inwardly getting a good idea of what Alyssa had sent him as they continued with the meeting ignoring how Nick was practically glued to his sidekick.

His cell buzzed again and Nick looked at it opening the picture message he’d just gotten. It was a picture of her lower torso, showing her naval ring. He noticed she’d put on the lingerie but the one thing he did notice was how her hand was down the front of the thong. He could see the dark nail polish that graced her nails just barely through the sheer material in the fuzzy picture.

He tried to remain as calm as he could trying not to let the others notice just how turned on this was making him. Trying to act as nonchalant as possible he typed back. ‘Can’t wait for me?’

Meanwhile Alyssa giggled when she got her latest text message. It made her laugh at how easy he was. She knew he’d get a kick out of this, being teased as to exactly what she was doing when all he could do was text her back and wonder what she’d do next.

Nick’s sidekick buzzed again seeing the new picture his mouth going dry when he saw it. The fuzzy picture was of her tattoo that was located on her inner thigh he could see the white sheer material of the thong and the beginnings of the thigh high. He shifted a little in his chair when he noticed a wet spot on the material of the thong.

He text messaged her back not even listening to whatever the other three were saying. ‘Fuck me. I need you right now’

Nick looked up noticing that Brian had gone into the kitchen of his home and AJ had gone outside for a smoke. Thinking quickly he got up and went into the upstairs bathroom locking the door. He hit the speed dial calling her.

“Hello lover…” Alyssa answered seductively.

“Christ Lissa are you trying to kill me?” Nick asked leaning against the wall in the bathroom.

Alyssa grinned glad she’d gotten to him. “What are you talking about lover?” She asked.

Nick swore he could hear her grinning into the phone, “You just wait until I get there. I’m going to fuck you so hard.” He rasped into the phone.

She couldn’t help the shiver that ran through her at his words, “Where? In the kitchen? Bend me over the counter and take me right there?” She shot back playfully.

Nick whimpered a little rubbing himself through his jeans. “Fuck, do you know what you do to me?”

“I make you crazy don’t I? Just like you make me crazy. I’ve been sitting around all day thinking of you, how good you make me feel. How much I want you.”

“Did you touch yourself?” He asked, he loved it whenever she’d get off on her own in front of him something so completely sexy about watching her wondering what she was thinking of.

Alyssa sighed, “Yes but it wasn’t enough, fingers, plastic, and batteries can only do so much.”

‘Plastic…batteries…oh fuck.’ He thought to himself. That could only mean one thing what Jenna had called a ‘bob’ or ‘boyfriend on batteries’. Just the thought of that was nearly enough to make him come right there. “You’re vibrator’s not enough? Maybe you need to change the batteries.” He flirted back.

She giggled and then gasped as she ran her hand over her chest through the fabric. “It isn’t enough when I want you so badly.”

“We’ve got a bit of a problem though.”

Alyssa grinned a little, “Jeans a bit too snug lover?”

“I can barely walk. I need you.”

“Need me or need my mouth…or maybe my hands…or do you just need to fuck me until I scream for you?”

He groaned into the phone as he unzipped his jeans bracing himself against the wall. “Jesus baby, I think you’re going to have to help me here.”

“How do you want me?” She rasped back.

Meanwhile downstairs AJ came back in from the patio going into the kitchen where Brian and Howie were. “Where’s Blondie?” AJ asked.

“He bolted up stairs saying something about needing to use the bathroom.” Howie answered with a smirk. “And he took his sidekick with him.”

AJ laughed, “Gee I wonder why.” AJ scoffed.

Brian chuckled at him, “Leave him alone he’s in love.”

“And horny apparently. Makes me wonder what Ali sent him that got him so riled up.” AJ countered.

Howie laughed a little seeing Nick come into the kitchen a little disheveled, face flushed, wet spots still visible on his jeans his sidekick tucked into his pocket. Nick opened the fridge grabbing some orange juice and a cup from the cupboard pouring himself a drink taking a large gulp as he set his sidekick on the counter.

“Please tell me you didn’t leave a mess?” Brian asked with a completely straight face that made Nick choke a little on his juice.

AJ and Howie laughed at the expression on Nick’s face. “Dude what the fuck did she send you?” AJ shot back snatching the sidekick off of the counter and opening the last picture message seeing the picture of Alyssa’s inner thigh, the sheer white material of the thong and thigh high, the tattoo, the dampened material of the thong. “HOLY SHIT!” AJ shouted as Nick lunged at him trying in vain to get his cell phone back.

AJ showed Howie and then Brian as Nick chased him around the kitchen.

“Is that Ali?” Brian asked snatching the sidekick from AJ and handing it back to Nick.

Nick nodded in response leaning against the sink.

“What’s that tattoo mean?” AJ asked completely intrigued.

Nick grinned a little, “It’s a saying her mom always says.”

“And that would be?”

“To be without love is to be half alive. Fuck I liked being the only one who’s seen it besides Kellie and the tattoo artist.”

“Did Brandon see it?” AJ asked making Nick give him a look that was murderous.

“No he didn’t, she told me they only fucked once and nothing else.” He replied sharply.

“So is that picture why you felt you needed to jerk off in my bathroom?” Brian countered changing the subject away from Brandon.

Nick blushed a little his expression completely giving him away. “I called her.”

“Even better you had phone sex in my bathroom.” Brian added laughing.

Nick laughed with him, “Sorry, just God damn you should have seen the other pictures and the text messages. I love it when she pulls shit like that on me.”

“So she’s done that more than once?” Howie asked laughing.

“The pictures and text messaging? No she hasn’t until now, but she’s left quite a few voicemails and emails to drive me crazy.”

Brian laughed, “Gotta love technology. Leigh would leave me voicemails all the time when we were dating and first married. So don’t be embarrassed we all have done it.” Brian added noting the semi-pained look on Nick’s face.

“Not embarrassed, just dying to get the hell out of here.”

“Then go I think we’re done for today anyways.” Howie reassured.

Nick looked at the other two and they nodded busting out in laughter when he bolted to the door.

AJ tried to control his breathing, “Man he’s got it bad for that girl.”

“Like you wouldn’t do the same thing if Kaci sent you something like that.” Howie shot back.

“Touche.” AJ replied before they all started laughing again.

A little while later…

Nick practically ran down the hall to Alyssa’s door seeing a note attached. He grabbed the note reading it.

Door’s open, sit back on the couch and close your eyes.

Love you,

Lissa

He walked in shutting and locking the door tossing the note on the table. Nick moved inside and went settling himself on the couch like she told him too. He leaned back stretching out leaning his head against the wall closing his eyes as he stretched his arms out cross the top of the couch waiting for her.

Alyssa slowly padded into the room leaning on the wall with one hand standing there in the lingerie just watching him studying him smiling to herself at the rise in the fly of his jeans. She loved pulling things like that on him. Getting him so riled up he’d do anything to get where she was and rip her clothes off.

Feeling her presence in the room he smirked a little keeping his eyes closed.

She caught his smirk knowing he knew she was there. “Open your eyes lover.” She announced softly.

He opened his eyes dragging them slowly across her body. His breathing increased as he took the sight of her in. Hair up off of her neck a few loose strands curling as they grazed her neck, the lingerie, thigh highs, her green eyes bright and sparkling. The desire to pull her to him and possess her over and over began to seriously pull at his will power, but he didn’t dare budge.

She moved over into the room sitting directly in front of him on the wooden coffee table. Alyssa smirked at him and placed on foot on each of his knees giving him control over how much he saw. He caught on to what she was doing and moved his own knees apart just a little bit teasing himself and her.

He let his eyes drag over every inch of her, the sheer material leaving nearly nothing to the imagination in the low light of the room. “God you’re beautiful.” He stated.

Alyssa grinned at him and moved her feet off of his knees then moved to sit sideways across his upper thighs. He moved one hand off the couch to the back of her neck tracing her tattoo making her shudder. “I love it when you wear your hair up like this.”

She giggled a little, “Why is that?”

He leaned in letting his breath blow across her neck. “Because it gives me better access to do this.” He whispered before sinking his teeth into her neck making her gasp and moan. “Finish this sentence for me…I love.” He whispered in her ear.

Alyssa sighed she didn’t really want to talk but she relented unable to refuse him. “I love you.” She began receiving another bite on her neck, “I love the way you bite me.....I love your eyes.” She continued looking him straight in the eyes, “I love your smile.” He smiled at her making her grin back as he moved his other hand up her stocking covered leg from her ankle to her thigh and back again. “I love the way your hands feel on me....I love the way you play with my hair.....how you make me want you.....and I love how much I need you in my life.” She finished as he pulled her into a kiss sucking on her bottom lip. Alyssa moved her hand to his jeans undoing the button and zipper. She laughed a little when she discovered he’d gone commando, “Do you ever wear boxers anymore?”

Nick smirked at her and moved them to lay down on the couch with her on top of him, “You don’t seem to mind.”

A few hours later…

Alyssa and Nick laid there on the couch skin to skin, they hadn’t moved since earlier. Nick twirled her hair between his fingers as his other hand stroked her back. She smiled and looked up at him seeing him staring at her. “Trying to get me ready for round four?”

He laughed a little, “No just thinking.”

She looked at him giving him a curious expression, “Anything interesting?”

Not answering her he began, “Do you still have your key to the house?”

She nodded her head in response.

“Why don’t you move back in?”

Alyssa grinned at him, “Are you asking me or telling me?”

“Asking. Will you move in with me? We can buy all new furniture if you want, or take yours.”

“So you want me to move back into your house?”

“Yes and make it into our house, our home.”

Alyssa sighed thinking a moment making him think she was going to say no. “Yes, I’ll move in with you.”

Nick got the biggest grin on his face, “Thank God….I thought you were going to say no. What changed your mind?”

“I want to wake up with you every morning. I’ve been so stupid about us, and I don’t want to be anymore. We don’t have to buy anything new, and I’ll list this place as fully furnished. I just want to be wherever you are.”

Chapter 13: A Family Affair by Teri
Author's Notes:
Alright ladies I decided to post ch13 for everyone! It might be a little while until the next update, just because I'm in a little bit of writing rut at the moment but it should be fine once I get some decent sleep lol. Anyways let me know what you think and enjoy!!!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Thirteen: A Family Affair

“Christ Ali, how many books did you put in this box?” Nick whined making Alyssa giggle at him.

“Aaron said the same thing when he helped me move into my condo. Same damn whine.”

Nick gave her a scowl as he set the box down in the living room next to the many others. They walked back out to his Escalade Nick grabbing the last box and Alyssa grabbing her suitcase full of clothes and toiletries. They both went into the living room seeing about 20 large moving boxes filling it all of them labeled what goes where. “So I’m guessing we unpack now?”

Alyssa looked at him and smiled, “Yes unless you don’t want to use your living room ever again.”

He chuckled a bit and lifted the two lighter boxes that read ‘bedroom’ on it and carried them up stairs.

Four hours later…

“Wow this took a lot less time than I thought it would.” Alyssa replied digging into her chicken enchilada. After they had gotten down to only a few boxes they decided to order some Mexican food that had just been delivered.

Nick smiled at her as he poured himself a margarita from the pitcher he had made. “Well you’re finally moved in again.”

“You’re just so damn giddy about that aren’t you?”

He chuckled a little, “My woman is back living with me after the some of the hardest things we’ve had to deal with. Yeah I’m fucking happy.”

Alyssa sighed, “If I ever try to be that stupid again please just kiss me out of it.”

“How about I kiss you anyways?” He retorted giving her a killer look.

She noticed the look on his face and shuddered just a little bit. Alyssa rubbed her arms trying to play it off like she was cold but Nick saw right through it.

“Is that a promise?” She managed to sputter out.

Nick smirked at her and leaned to his side where she was sitting and claimed her mouth in a kiss letting his tongue trace her lips until she opened her mouth letting his tongue play with hers. He pulled back a little moving to suck on her bottom lip before pulling away. “You taste spicy.” He stated taking a long sip of his margarita.

“It’s the mix of salsa and guacamole.” She replied.

“I know normally you taste different.”

Alyssa gave him a curious look forking one eyebrow. “What do I taste like then?”

Nick thought a moment, “Depends on which body part you’re talking about.” He answered as she got an amused look on her face. “Mostly you taste sweet, sometimes a little salty if you just came in from a run.”

Alyssa ate her food astonished at his description. “It’s insane you know?”

“What is?” He asked settling back in the chair having already finished his.

Alyssa looked at him a minute gathering her thoughts. “How much we’ve changed in almost two years.”

“Well people change.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “But look at us now, closer than we’ve ever been, we talk more than when we were friends. All the crap we’ve been through. I’m surprised we survived it let alone become stronger from it.”

He smiled at her, “I guess that means we’re meant to be then huh?” He replied making her grin at him. “It’s a little crazy, sometimes scary, but I love how close we are, no one I’ve ever talked to about us has understood it. But I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

“Yeah completely agree with you. It used to really scare me but it wasn’t so much how close we are that scared me, it scared me that I really liked it.”

His eyes studied her expression as his mind processed her words. He was finding it harder and harder everyday to not just propose to her. But no he had a plan, a very good plan one that Alyssa would find impossible to say no to, and he was not going to divert from it.

“I know what you mean. When I realized I love you I was so scared because I loved the idea of it. All I’d have to do is look at you and I’d feel better about everything. But I built up a ton of will power to keep myself from acting on it.”

Alyssa smirked at him, “Why because I was what three months away from turning 18?”

Nick rolled his eyes, “No, that was part of it, but after you turned 18 it was really difficult to not just tell you everything, but I was afraid you wouldn’t feel the same so I kept quiet, kept you as everything I wanted in a platonic girlfriend and…”

“Fucked everything in sight that was human and female.” Alyssa interjected.

He chuckled a bit, “Yeah wanting and imagining it was you in my bed every time.”

Alyssa sighed, “You should have just said something to me, instead of keeping me in the dark, pining away for you thinking that you’d never feel the same.”

He studied her for a moment seeing the sad expression on her face. “I’m sorry. I should have, I really should have.” Nick replied getting a depressed look on his face. He stood, picking up their dishes, taking them into the kitchen to be rinsed and placed in the dishwasher.

Alyssa’s chest tightened, how many times had she laid awake at night obsessing over him, wishing he’d climb into bed with her, make all her doubts and fears about what his feelings were simply go away? Getting up she walked briskly into the kitchen seeing him doing the dishes a pensive look gracing his features. She moved to him kissing his shoulder as she moved around behind him and leaned up just a little bit to his ear.

“Where are you?” She asked her voice soft and full of concern.

Nick closed his eyes feeling her behind him. All the thoughts of how he should have told her how he felt sooner swirling in his head. A lot of things would have been different wouldn’t they? Would they be this in love? Would he have hurt her like every other girl he’d ever been with? But she wasn’t a girl, at least not since she’d hurt herself. From the very moment he realized how serious and deep his feelings were for her she immediately went from ‘that’s my friend the cute girl I secretly have a crush on’ to a full-blown woman with a woman’s sensuality, everything she did from then on was completely sexy to him, even just brushing her hair or standing in her closet deciding on what to wear. She wasn’t some girl he’d be with and throw away.

No she wasn’t……and wouldn’t ever be.

She’d shown him things about him, about herself that he’d never expected. He turned off the faucet setting the last dish into the rack of the dishwasher.

Alyssa stood there and hugged him from behind, giving him just enough room to move for the dishes. She leaned back a little watching his back stretch and contract underneath his tee-shirt, as he had stacked the dishes.

Having finished the dishes Nick turned in her embrace settling his hands on her waist slowly tracing how her body curved, from the inward slope of her waist down to the curve of her hips. Alyssa moved her hands from his hips to the front of him going under his shirt trailing both hands up from his stomach to his chest then back down lightly scratching her nails over his skin.

He watched her unabashedly studying her from the way her hair hung down her back to how her skin glowed from the lights in the kitchen. “How could I have gotten so lucky?”

“What?” Alyssa asked.

Nick grinned at her, “I said how could I have gotten so lucky? I have you, living with me again, loving me. Life doesn’t get much better than this. I thought for the longest time that I was going to lose you for sure.”

Alyssa grinned at him and moved her hands to his back and leaned herself into him resting her head against the side of his jaw. “I’m home now, you don’t have to worry anymore.” She answered back as he tightened his grip on her.

Three days later…

“Nick stand still!” Clark exclaimed as Nick fidgeted a little as the tailor tried to make appropriate adjustments to the tux Nick had on.

Nick laughed a little trying to stand still, “Sorry, got a lot on my mind.”

Clark gave him a strange look as he adjusted his shirt sleeves. “And that would be what exactly?”

He sighed wondering how he’d tell Clark of his plan. “Just thinking about when I’m going to have to go through this again.”

“Ummm okay Mr. Cryptic.”

Nick laughed as he changed back into his jeans and tee-shirt the tailor having finished marking on the tux, “Sorry just I need to talk to you about something. Need your advice.”

Clark smiled and changed back into his regular clothes as well. They made another appointment at the front desk of the shop before walking out. “So would this advice have anything to do with a certain sister of mine?” Clark asked as they sat down in Nick’s car.

He smiled and drove back to his house where they had decided to hang out and plan the upcoming bachelor party for Clark. “Yes it does.”

Both men arrived at the house soon after and went out on the back deck a Corona for each of them. Clark chewed on his lip for a moment gathering his thoughts. “Well what do you need advice on?”

Nick took a large gulp of his beer sighing as he swallowed the brew. “I’m going to ask Ali to marry me.”

Clark choked a little on his beer, his eyes widening at Nick’s admission. “Son of a bitch seriously?”

Nick laughed a little, “Yeah, I have it all planned out but it’s getting so difficult not to just ask her already.”

“What’s the plan?”

Nick set his beer on the table and leaned forward resting his elbows on the wooden table. “The family reunion.” He replied simply.

Clark smiled, he already knew that’d be a great idea. Proposing at the Monroe family reunion. Alyssa found family to be extremely important to her and was very close with Jamie’s side of the family. The only sad part is that Jamie wouldn’t be there to celebrate. “Shit you’re going to really be my brother now.”

“Yeah but that means more sisters.” Nick countered laughing a little.

Clark threw his head back and laughed heartily. “Please us males are already out numbered. Anyways have you talked to Nana and Uncle Marc and Aunt Ginny?”

Nick sighed a little, “No…” He admitted. That was going to be the hard part asking Alyssa’s grandmother, uncle and his wife for their permission to marry her. He wasn’t worried about all the cousins and extended family it was those three that would make or break his plan. Alyssa was extremely close with all of them, mostly communicating through emails and the occasional phone call. If those three gave him the blessing then there would be no doubt that Alyssa wouldn’t say anything but yes.

“You better call them or fly out or something. Ginny will be glad to see you, though she’ll be mad if you don’t bring AJ.”

Nick chuckled a bit, “Ginny is never going to get over her crush on him is she?” He remarked laughing a little at how everytime he’d been around Ginny since Alyssa had introduced him to her family she’d always ask where her AJ was.

“Never, and meeting him at Dad’s memorial just made it that much worse. Especially when he gave her a hug.”

“Alex was just being really nice to her with the memorial and all. I warned him that she has a major crush on him.”

The next day…

“Where are you going lover?” Alyssa asked, curious as to why he said he suddenly had to go away on business.

Nick sighed, “Jive told me they needed to see me and the others about our album in their New York office.” He fibbed. Nick didn’t have to worry about the other guys, he’d told them that he needed them to cover for him just for a day or so. “I’ll be back in two days.” He replied leaning in and kissing her slowly pressing his body into hers wedging her between him and the car.

Alyssa pulled away nibbling on his bottom lip a little. “Okay…” She pouted trying to act upset that he was leaving, but she couldn’t really be that upset, he’d only be gone for two days.

“Hey none of that. It’s just two days.” He chided grinning at her.

“I know……just kidding with you.” She shot back giggling.

He laughed and pulled her to him growling in her ear.

“Hey no fair!” She exclaimed before moving her hand between them grasping him through his jeans feeling him harden under her touch.

He nuzzled his face into her neck and whispered, “Fuck Lissa not out here.” He groaned as she bit his neck giving him a nice sized bite mark.

“Just a little something to remember during your meeting.”

Nick chuckled a little and pulled away from her grabbing his overnight bag and kissed her before walking into the airport. He went into the terminal sitting down at the gate waiting for his flight to be called. Feeling his phone buzz he answered it figuring it was Alyssa. “Hey baby miss me already?”

“Nick I never knew you cared! No wonder why it took you so long to bring AJ around me!” Ginny replied.

Nick busted out laughing, “Hey Virginia, I thought you were Ali.”

“I know, good to know you and my niece are back on such good terms. Anyways, what time does your flight get in?” She asked wanting to be at the airport to pick him up.

He grinned a little, “Ten PM your time. Do Marc and Nana know I’m coming?”

Ginny smiled into the phone, “Yep, Marc wants to know what the hell is going on. The girls are going to be over the moon when they hear that the cute Backstreet Boy is coming to stay over. I wish Connor and Patrick would be here to see you but they’re at summer camp.” She replied as he remembered how the three little girls went crazy when they first met him and the long afternoons he spent playing with the boys during the week he and Alyssa had spent with them.

Now the oldest, a set of twins, were twelve and the youngest girl at ten along with two boys at ages seven and six who were both at summer camp until Labor Day. The girls were still fans of course, but had moved on from the giggly hyper kids to active young ladies obsessed with boys and makeup except for the youngest. Alyssa’s favorite, she was still quite the tom-boy imitating anything and everything Alyssa would do, say or wear trying to be who she idolized so much.

“Ginny trust me. You, Marc and Nana are going to be completely floored.” He replied sticking his hand into his bag feeling for the velvet box that held the engagement ring.

That night…

Nick stepped off the plane and headed through security, glad that he had only opted to take one bag with him. He looked through the nearly empty airport seeing Marc and Ginny standing talking to each other. Marc looked over seeing Nick and motioned to Ginny who looked up and started grinning. A few more steps and he stood in front of them noticing the swell of Ginny’s stomach.

“Oh Christ Marc do you ever keep it in your pants?” He announced laughing.

Marc gave a hearty laugh in response smacking Nick on the back and giving him a hug.

Ginny stood and laughed noticing the bite mark on Nick’s neck, “Seems like you can’t either.” She countered giving him a hug.

He gave her an odd look and Marc laughed noticing the mark as well. “Nice bite mark on your neck. Alyssa always was a biter……she used to bite when she was a toddler.”

Nick rolled his eyes at the two of them as they walked out of the airport and to the SUV. He sighed feeling the heavy humid air. Alyssa’s extended family lived on Martha’s Vineyard, her uncle, and grandmother and five little first cousins and apparently one more on the way, the rest of the Monroe clan were scattered throughout the rest United States.

After getting into the truck and pulling out onto the thru-way Ginny turned a little in her seat to face Nick in the back. “The girls are staying over at their friend’s places tonight. So you can get some rest if you need it.”

Nick grinned at her, “Thanks Gin. I’ll hang out with them tomorrow and then I need to speak with Nana, you and Marc.”

Marc glanced up in the rearview mirror curious as to what was so important that Nick flew three thousand miles to say. “Umm care to share?”

Nick looked at the man seeing how different he looked than his late older brother. Marc had light hair where Jamie had dark, and Marc had dark brown eyes where Jamie had bright green. Nick sighed, he missed Jamie all the time. What he wouldn’t give for a long talk with him or to see Alyssa and Jamie in the kitchen whipping up on of their famous culinary masterpieces.

Ginny saw the far away expression on Nick’s face and scolded her husband, “Darlin’ have patience!” She smiled at Nick winking at him. “So where’s my AJ?” She asked giggling a little.

“At home in LA with his girlfriend Kaci.”

Ginny got a surprised expression on her face lighting it up. Nick always had a small crush on Ginny, she was that short curvy type with bright light brown hair and steel grey eyes. “So that’s true? AJ and Kaci?”

Nick nodded, “Yeah she turned 18 not too long ago but they started dating last year on the Never Gone tour.”

“Oh that cradle robber he is!” She giggled back at him.

“Kaci’s great though, really good for him. He’s never been so happy.”

The next morning…

Nick woke up to a loud thud coming from just outside his window. Scratching his head he walked over looking down seeing the youngest girl, Maggie, practicing her soccer kicks. He grinned and threw on a pair of green camouflage cargo shorts, a tee-shirt and his Nikes putting the ring box in his pocket. He went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and spiked his hair by running his fingers through it. He bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen seeing Ginny there whipping up breakfast. Nick gave her a kiss on the cheek, something everyone did when Ginny was cooking, and went out the back door catching the ball that flew right at him.

Maggie looked up her big brown eyes widening when she saw who had caught the soccer ball. “NICK!!!!!!” She screamed running over to him.

Nick pulled her into a hug remembering all the times he used to pick her up and swing her around. “Kiddo you are getting so tall, damn you’re gonna be tall like you’re cousin.”

Maggie grinned at him letting him go, “I hope so! Where’s Ali?” She asked looking for her cousin. If Nick was around then Alyssa shouldn’t be far.

Nick’s expression softened, “She’s in LA still.” He replied as he watched the ten-year-old’s face fall. “Also don’t tell her I’m here, she’s not supposed to know okay?”

“Why?” She asked curious.

He smiled again and pulled the box out of his pocket hiding it in his hand. “You promise not to tell anyone?”

She nodded emphatically.

“Promise promise?” He asked using the phrase that Alyssa and Maggie used to insure that not one secret would be told.

Maggie grinned, “Promise promise!” She exclaimed.

Nick opened the box showing Maggie the ring, “I’m going to ask Ali to marry me.” He said quietly.

Maggie’s entire face lit up and she put her hands over her mouth giggling and trying to stifle her shrieks of joy. Containing herself she finally spoke as he put the ring box closed and back in his pocket. “But then why are you here?” She asked.

“I want to ask for your Mom and Dad’s and Nana’s permission.”

Maggie got a perplexed expression on her face, “Okay I understand Nana, but why Momma and Pop?” She asked curiously.

“Because your cousin is very close to them and if they approve then there’s no way she’ll say no.”

Maggie giggled, “Like she would say no! She bagged herself a Backstreet Boy!”

Nick laughed with her, “Still I want to do something really cool for her that she’ll always remember you know?”

“AWWW!!!!! That’s so sweet!” Maggie exclaimed.

“So? Do you think I’ve got what it takes to be in the Monroe family?” Nick asked grinning at her.

“Of course!!!!! This is so cool! When are you going to ask her?”

Nick looked at her glad she’d been the first he’d told of his plan here. He knew she’d love the idea, and of course he hoped that her acceptance would set the tone for what was to come. “At the family reunion this coming January.”

“Why so far away?”

He sighed, “I know I’m dying to ask her, but I want the family there, because you’ll be my family too. And hey you’ll be related to my sisters!” He replied knowing how much Maggie loved Nick’s sisters and even had major crush on Aaron.

“Are they coming to the reunion?”

“Yep, but umm Aaron has a girlfriend.” He answered lowly hoping she wouldn’t freak out on him.

Maggie giggled, “I know Ali called and told me. At least it’s Kellie she’s so cool and sweet no wonder Aaron likes her.”

Nick smiled again, yeah this was going to be a good day. They walked into the house seeing the other two girls standing in the kitchen helping Ginny with breakfast. He looked at the two girls polar opposites of each other, fraternal twins. One had blonde hair and the other brown, but both had the same bright blue eyes.

The brunette, Kaylee looked up and her eyes widened seeing Nick standing in the kitchen. She elbowed the other, Kate, getting her to look up both getting the same shocked expression.

“So are you two just going to stare at me or are you going to give me a hug?” Nick stated holding his arms open as the two rushed over nearly tackling him in a hug.

Kate pulled away and giggled, “Not that we’re not happy to see you but why are you here?” She asked an air of maturity in her voice even though her and Kaylee had only turned twelve a month before.

Kaylee rolled her eyes, “Yeah where’s our cousin?” She asked she always hated living so far away from her, Olivia and Clark.

Maggie spoke up, “She’s in LA.”

Nick grinned at her ruffling her hair with his hand. He looked at the three girls all of them growing up right before everyone’s eyes. All of them were going to be beautiful he knew, ‘Of course’ he thought smiling to himself, ‘This family has good genes’.

That night…

Nick looked around the table, seeing Alyssa’s grandmother, Ginny and Marc. The girls had all gone down to the pier for ice cream after dinner. “So Nick what did you need to talk to us about?” Elettra, Alyssa’s grandmother asked.

Nick looked at her, seeing Alyssa’s green eyes staring back at him. It always freaked him out how not only did Jamie have the same eyes as Alyssa, that Elettra did as well. Elettra was very old time Italian, her parents having immigrated from Italy during WW2 when she was just a small child no older than six. Even her name was old time Italian, Elettra, the Italian form of Electra like the Greek tragedy. He’d always thought the name was cool, original…different. She had a special spot in her heart for Alyssa being the youngest child of her oldest son. Alyssa’s tom-boyish ways and free-spirited nature reminded her of a very young version of herself.

“Well…” Nick began as he cleared his throat reaching in his pocket for the ring box. “I already had asked Jamie before he passed away, and Mary of course. But I know how close you three are to Ali. So I thought I’d ask you as well.”

Elettra got a grin on her face trying to contain it as best she could. Mary had called and tipped her off as to what Nick was flying in to talk about. She glanced to Ginny and Marc noticing her son’s baffled expression.

“Ask us what Nick?” Ginny asked curiously.

Nick fiddled with the velvet box in his hands and replied, “I would really appreciate your permission to ask Ali to marry me.” He said choosing his words carefully. He knew he didn’t have to ask but since much of Alyssa’s family were still very traditional people, he thought it would be best to stick with tradition and ask the family first for their blessing.

Ginny shrieked and jumped up throwing her arms around Nick who laughed. Marc gave Nick a stern look, “You best not hurt my sugar-bean.” He replied using the name he’d given Alyssa when she was a baby. Ginny smacked her husband on the shoulder quieting him for now.

Elettra moved to sit next to Nick patting his knee, “If my Jamie was able to give you his blessing, then you have mine.” She said simply giving him a reassuring grin.

“Thank you.” Nick replied giving her a hug.

Ginny sat down on the other side of Nick fidgeting and giddy by Nick’s announcement. “So what brought this on?” She asked.

Nick grinned, “She moved back in.”

Elettra snickered, “Kids these days always living in sin, I tell you!” She interjected jokingly.

“E……have you seen the impressive bite mark on Nick’s neck? Obviously they’ve got some major premarital action going on.” Ginny added making Nick turn four shades of red.

Elettra laughed hard at Ginny’s comment making Nick give her an odd expression. “I thought you were all traditional Catholic.”

Elettra smiled and patted Nick’s knee again, “Sweetheart I realize that times are very different from when I was your age. And my granddaughter is a beautiful young woman, I find it hard to believe that any man would be able to resist her.”

“I’m surprised you lasted as long as you did without ravishing my niece!”

Nick chuckled a bit, “It took a lot of will power on my part.”

“I’m sure on hers as well.” Elettra replied making Nick look at her strangely. “Oh come on honey, everytime you two were around each other everyone could see the chemistry between you two. How many times did Ginny try to convince you of that?”

Ginny nodded in agreement, “The looks you two would send each other my goodness talk about heat. Everyone could see the fire between the two of you. For the longest time I thought that we were going to have to invest in asbestos suits to protect us from all that heat!” She said with a straight face.

Nick snickered at her, “Why did everyone notice and we didn’t?”

Elettra sighed, “She didn’t want to believe that she’s good enough for you. And you thought that she would never see you the way you wanted her to.”

“She’s amazing pure and simple.”

Back in LA…

“So where’s my brother?” Leslie asked as she streaked the black polish over Alyssa’s pinky nail.

Alyssa shrugged, “Some meeting in New York with Jive, the other three went too.”

Leslie thought a moment, “That’s weird I bumped into Alex at Kitson today.”

“Seriously?” Alyssa asked now completely intrigued as to why Nick had lied to her. With her free hand she grabbed her sidekick dialing Nick’s number.

“Hey baby how are you?” Nick stated answering his sidekick. The two women quieting down around him so not to give his location away.

“How’d the meeting go?” Alyssa asked.

“Uhhh it went great. What are you up to?”

“Oh nothing much Leslie is over giving me a manicure. Anyways I think Alex left one of his skull caps over here, is he around I want to see if it’s his.” Alyssa fibbed.

Nick’s breath caught, he didn’t want to lie to her but if she made him he would. Nothing was going to ruin this surprise. “No he’s not around I think he’s back in his room or he might have gone out for the night.” Nick answered rolling his eyes at himself for coming up with such a lame answer.

“Really…because Leslie bumped into him at Kitson today.”

‘Oh fuck…think quickly’ he thought to himself, “Umm I’m totally busted aren’t I?” He admitted he couldn’t lie to her even if it was for a good reason.

“Where the hell are you?” Alyssa asked with a little bit more of an edge to her voice than she’d intended.

Ginny took the sidekick out of Nick’s hands, “Hi honey it’s your Aunt Ginny.” She stated trying to help Nick out.

“Aunt Ginny? Why the hell is my boyfriend out on Martha’s Vineyard?”

Thinking quickly Ginny replied, “Because I invited him out for a couple of days. He was going to be in town to get something for Clark and Lori’s wedding and I had him stay here instead of at some hotel.”

“Why didn’t he just get whatever it was shipped out?”

“Oh because it’s not something you ship. He wanted my help with something and I offered for him to come out for a couple of days. I invited you along but he said you were so busy with getting ready for the fall semester that’s coming up in two weeks that I didn’t want to be a bother.” Ginny explained as Nick eyes widened. He never understood how well Ginny could think on her feet, especially when it came to covering for something that was a surprise.

Alyssa got a suspicious expression on her face wondering what exactly was going on. What would Nick need to get for Clark and Lori’s wedding that Ginny and Marc couldn’t bring or arrange on the phone?

Then the thought dawned on her, he knows how close she is to all of them, maybe he’s asking them for………

‘Nah’ Alyssa thought dismissing the notion all together. She remembered how much her family accepted Nick when they spent a week with them back when he had a break on his solo tour.

“SUGAR-BEAN!!!!!” Marc shouted seeing Alyssa and Nick walk up.

“Uncle Marc!!” Alyssa yelled back running up and jumping into her uncle’s arms swinging around him.

Marc set her down seeing Nick standing there watching the scene with an amused expression on his face. “Who’s the guy?” Marc asked protectively.

Alyssa giggled, “Uncle Marc this is Nick Carter, my best friend.”

Nick took the man’s hand shaking it, “I’ve heard so much about you and her Aunt. It’s a real pleasure to finally meet you.”

Ginny walked up and froze, “Holy hell.” She stated wide-eyed.

Alyssa smirked and giggled, “Breathe Gin!”

Nick noticed the look on Ginny’s face, seen it a million times over everytime he met a fan. “You must be Alyssa’s favorite Aunt, Virginia. It’s great to meet you.” He charmed holding out his hand for her.

Ginny laughed loudly and took his hand, “I’m her only Aunt, unless of course you count the ones removed a generation.” Ginny turned to Alyssa throwing her arms around her, “Okay I’m not complaining here but next time you bring a Backstreet Boy here can you bring my favorite?” Ginny asked jokingly.

Nick tried to act offended, “Well if you didn’t want me here you should have just said so!” He exclaimed cracking a smile.

“I haven’t met the other guys yet.” Alyssa added.

“Who’s your favorite?” Nick asked looking at Ginny, “Because I could always call them for you.”

Alyssa giggled, “Oh think a little taller than me, and a TON of tattoos.”

“AJ? I would have figured you for a Kevin or Howie girl.”

Ginny blushed, “It’s the eyes, and the voice.” She replied.

Nick grinned, “I’ll tell him you said that.” He countered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyssa shrieked as Nick chased her down the shore laughing everytime he came close to catching her. She ran into the surf splashing him. He hooked his arm around her waist pulling her back against him intending to act triumphantly that he’d caught her but instead he lost his footing tumbling them both into the shallow water with a splash.

Ginny looked over at them from watching Alyssa’s five cousins running around on the beach and building a sand castle. “Marc, I think our Ali has found her match.”

Marc glanced over at them watching the two splash and play in the surf. He’d been keeping an eye on them both for the past few days watching them steal longing glances and lustful stares at each other when the other wasn’t looking. He wondered if maybe something was going on between them. But Alyssa was only 19 years old a few months away from turning 20, and Nick was 23.

“They swear they’re friends.” He countered.

Ginny laughed a little, “Yeah they say that they’re friends but their hearts are saying otherwise. The way he looks at her, wow, you can tell that he’s so far gone.”

“Probably wants to screw her.” Marc joked.

“By the way he watches her hips when she walks I’m guessing so.”

Marc laughed a little, amazed at how grown up his niece had gotten becoming a stunningly beautiful and intelligent young woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny looked out the window from the kitchen sink watching Nick play with the two small boys in the backyard, teaching them the finer points of playing tag.

Alyssa walked up next to her helping her Aunt with the dishes. She looked out seeing Nick being tackled by the two boys smiling at how much fun he seemed to have.

“You’re in love with him aren’t you?” Ginny asked noticing the look of utter adoration on Alyssa’s face as she watched Nick outside.

Alyssa turned for a moment, “Who Nick?”

“Yes darling niece. Explain what’s going on in that head of yours about him.”

Alyssa sighed and turned her eyes back to Nick and replied, “It’s his hands.”

“Huh?” Ginny asked completely intrigued.

She grinned at Ginny, “He’s got the most amazing hands. He gives me neck massages sometimes and God those hands……I want them all over me.”

“Is that all?” Ginny asked thoroughly amused.

Alyssa sighed drying her hands with a towel. “No I want everything, his heart, all of it.”

“So why not go for it?”

“Because he doesn’t see me like that. I’m just his friend and personal assistant, he has gorgeous women throwing themselves at him every day.”

Ginny’s expression softened, ‘how could someone so smart be so clueless?’ she asked herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick relaxed out on the back deck so grateful for Alyssa since she suggested this little escape. A place where he could just be himself and not a musician, pop star, or race team owner. Ginny walked out and smiled at him as he watched the five kids play in the backyard.

“So what made you decide to hide out here for a week.” She began breaking the silence.

He smiled and sighed, “Alyssa said that this place was amazing and she’s right it is. I just wanted to get away from being the celebrity for once and just be myself. Thank you for letting us stay.”

Ginny smiled, “Hell honey, anything for my niece. I love my brother-in-law’s children. And you’re obviously very close with her. You were the one she was staying with when she attempted to……well you know?”

Nick nodded, “I was so freaked out when I found her in my bathroom. I rushed her to the hospital. Just seeing her there all pale, knowing she’d gone through some terrible pain that she didn’t feel she could share with me, I’ll never forget it.”

She watched his expressions smiling that he felt the same way that Alyssa did. “I’ve been watching the two of you, so has Marc, we’ve noticed some major sparkage between you two.”

“Sparkage?” Nick asked amused.

Ginny laughed a little, “Oh yeah, the way you look at her, like you want to kiss her, not to mention how your eyes are nearly always glued to her ass when she walks past you.”

Nick blushed, “She’s so completely beautiful.”

“Are you going to make a move on her?”

He sighed, “God I want to. But I can’t risk losing her friendship, that means more to me than my own personal happiness.”

Ginny smiled as she remembered that conversation. He had risked the friendship and if all goes to plan he’d get the rest of his life in return.

Chapter 14: Babysitting by Teri
Author's Notes:
All right everyone here is chapter 14. It's a bit shorter than my other chapters but I figured that it was best that way. Anyways enjoy and let me know what you think!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Fourteen: Babysitting

“Lori come on, I babysat for Brian and Leighanne all the time.” Alyssa reasoned.

Lori rolled her eyes, “Yeah and Baylee’s a toddler, Jamie is an infant. I can’t believe that Clark talked me into this weekend getaway.”

“We’ll be fine, Nick and I will take great care of him. And it’ll be easy on my nephew not having to go to a strange house for two whole days.”

Lori sighed, “I just don’t want to leave him.” She replied gazing lovingly at her infant son.

“You and Clark need a romantic getaway before your wedding since you two decided not to have a honey moon.” Alyssa countered.

Nick walked into the room just then and came over to them putting his arms around Alyssa. “Lori are you still worrying that we won’t be able to do this?” He asked with a sarcastic grin.

Lori gave him a sharp look and Alyssa giggled. “Lori calm down.”

“Please I know how to change a diaper, I had to when Aaron and Angel were born.”

Aaron and Kellie walked in at that moment, “Dude that’s fucking weird.” Aaron stated in response.

Lori shot him a death look, “I swear I’m going to start a swear jar and charge you all money every time you cuss in front of my son.”

“Lori, you and Clark need a vacation, little Jamie will be perfectly okay.” Kellie reasoned.

Lori turned to Alyssa and Nick, “One hair out of place, you… me… issues…” She managed to spit out reigning in her disappointment to leave the infant who was still peacefully asleep.

Alyssa gave her best friend a hug, “I adore my nephew, he’ll be fine. You already gave us his feeding schedule right?”

“It’s on the fridge, I made sure I pumped enough.”

“Whoa…I do not want to hear about that.” Nick replied backing up.

Alyssa laughed as they all went down into the kitchen, Alyssa holding onto the baby monitor.

“Nick you better get used to it if you want Ali to get pregnant.” Lori shot back.

Aaron laughed a little, “But I doubt he wants to know about that.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Good lord men they always get disgusted by the stuff us women sacrifice to have a healthy baby.”

Lori snorted at her, “That’s because they’re only really apart of the fun part. Lucky bastards get to have all of the fun, none of the work.”

Clark walked in kissing Lori on the cheek, “Hey how many times did I get you ice cream at 3AM? And I’ve done my fair share of taking care of things, letting you sleep when you needed it.”

Lori grinned at him, “That’s because you’re an amazing father…and fiancé.”

They kissed making everyone grin at them, “I think they’re going to start on kid number two.” Kellie snickered as Aaron rested his chin on her shoulder.

Lori shot her a look and Clark replied, “No those two are next.” He stated pointing at Alyssa and Nick.

“Whoa…no…we are not….just no.” Alyssa protested.

Nick chuckled a little bit, “Not yet at least, it’ll happen when it’s meant to.” He couldn’t deny that he hoped that time was coming soon.

“Yeah I think they’ll stick to practicing.” Kellie shot back.

Alyssa giggled, “Don’t even try to act like you aren’t getting any…… Aaron trust me, Lori and I learned way more than we ever needed to know about you.” Alyssa replied making Aaron blush.

Nick laughed, “Relax Kellie knows about myself and Clark too.”

“Okay I think it’s time to go.” Clark announced making everyone laugh as they headed for the door.

The next morning…

Alyssa woke up and looked around the room seeing Nick no where to be found. She got out of bed slipping on one of his tee-shirts and heading down the hall. She stopped in the nursery and stopped smiling at what she saw. Nick was sitting in the corner feeding little Jamie.

Nick looked up and smiled back at her. “I woke up a little while ago and it was time for him to eat.”

“You two are freakin’ adorable.” Alyssa replied moving across the room squatting down to their level.

Nick grinned at her setting the empty baby bottle aside. Alyssa reached her hands out for Jamie and Nick handed him over. She stood and walked him around the room patting his back a little. Nick watched her as she doted on her nephew wearing just a tee-shirt. He moved behind her wrapping his arm around her waist looking at the now sleeping infant. “Let’s take him downstairs and have some breakfast.” He whispered kissing her neck.

That night…

Alyssa grinned at her nephew as he giggled and grasped her finger in his hands.

“He so has you whipped.” Nick stated laughing at her a little bit.

She gave him an amused look and turned back to little Jamie tickling him. “I can’t help it he’s just so damn cute.”

Nick grinned a little, “That he is…” He replied taking Jamie into his arms cradling the infant as he giggled and yawned.

“I think someone is tired.” Alyssa announced noticing Jamie being lulled to sleep. She looked at Nick and marveled at how good he was with Jamie. “You’re going to be an amazing father you know that?” She asked as he got up giving her a shocked look. He went up stairs placing Jamie in his bassinet tucking him in and taking the baby monitor turning it on along with the mobile that dangled above the crib.

He came back down stairs giving her the same expression. “Why do you think I’ll be an amazing father?” He had to ask her the statement had completely blown him away and he had to know what possessed her to say it.

She grinned a little, “Because you’re amazing with Baylee, and now with Jamie. It’s adorable.”

“But I’m not their father though so how would what I act like with them mean for when we have kids?”

“It’s exactly that. You’re great with kids that aren’t even yours, imagine how amazing you’re going to be when it’s ours.”

Nick sat back for a moment thinking over what she said smiling to himself.

Alyssa giggled a little, “You’re grinning like an idiot over there.”

He laughed a little not answering her and moved across the room sitting next to her on the couch pulling her into his arms, “Give me a daughter that looks just like you.”

Alyssa considered him for a moment and then smiled. “I can work on that.” She replied with a playful grin.

The next evening…

“Clark you’re such a sap!” Lori exclaimed as they carried their bags into the house.

Alyssa bounded into the foyer with a surprised look on her face. Nick came into the foyer holding little Jamie. “You’re not supposed to be home for two more hours.” Alyssa stated as Nick handed the giggling infant over to Clark.

Lori rolled her eyes and smiled at her son, “Did you have fun with neurotic Auntie Ali and Uncle Nick?”

“I am NOT neurotic.” Alyssa protested.

Nick laughed in response. “He was perfect, slept through the night both nights.”

Clark chuckled a bit, “Yeah that’s because we got him on a good schedule when she was pregnant.”

“That works?” Alyssa asked.

Lori grinned, “Yep, if the mother goes to bed at the same time and wakes up at the same time throughout the pregnancy then it’s much easier to get the baby to sleep through the night.”

“Whatever you did it’s working, Jamie was an absolute angel.” Alyssa answered back.

“He didn’t cry at all?” Clark asked.

Nick sighed, “The first night he did just because you two weren’t there but Ali calmed him down with that lullaby.”

“Dad’s lullaby?” Clark asked with a shocked expression. When each of the children were infants Jamie would sing them a little lullaby, a rendition of an old classic, that would instantly calm them down. “How does that go again?”

Alyssa grinned and replied, “Golden slumber kiss your eyes, smiles await you when you rise. Sleep pretty baby, do not cry, and I'll sing you a lullaby. Care you know not. Therefore sleep, while I o'er you watch do keep. Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry, and I will sing a lullaby.”

“Damn Ali I can’t believe you remember that.” Clark remarked astonished she’d remembered it after so many years.

Alyssa sighed, “Dad used to sing it to me whenever I was scared or sick and it just stuck with me.” She got a sad expression on her face.

Nick’s expression softened and he pulled her against him kissing her temple. Alyssa looked up at him and smiled weakly. Even though it had been well over a year since Jamie’s passing the very mention of him always stung. She missed her father more and more everyday. Especially now, when she had a beautiful nephew, Clark and Lori would be getting married in a week, and she’d finally gotten over her fear of loss; finally accepting her feelings for Nick.


Chapter 15: Date Night by Teri
Author's Notes:
All right since I got a really good response I decided what the hell and posted chapter 15. Also a huge thank you to Lynzer4 for the shout out on LD! That was totally awesome thanks hon!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Fifteen: Date Night

Nick glanced around him seeing all the couples around him and Alyssa. He was glad that they’d invited everyone out to go clubbing with them, the guys and their respective women, Alyssa’s siblings, Jenna and Jay. Alyssa laughed at one of Jenna’s snarky comments getting him to laugh as well.

“So Lori what do you want for your bachelorette party?” Kristin asked giggling a little.

Alyssa snickered, “I’ll get her a male stripper.”

“Ew, Alyssa just ew!” Lori shot back.

Alyssa giggled harder, “I only said that to get that response if anything I’d take you to a regular strip club, female strippers have more talent.”

Jenna snorted at her, “Sounds like you speak from experience hon.”

“She does…” Nick replied giving her a grin.

“What I took everyone to a strip club in Vegas, and hell when I turned 18 you took me to one Jenna!”

Jenna laughed, “That’s because you were all innocent back then.”

Nick scoffed a little making everyone look at him, “Sorry just hard to remember a time when Ali was ever innocent. Even before she and I ever did anything the girl always had a perverted mind.”

Alyssa took a sip of her drink finishing it off, “It’s because I had Lori, Kellie and Jenna corrupting me!”

“Oh please you corrupted me!” Kellie shot back. “Do you not remember soccer playoffs in high school?”

Alyssa blushed and busted out laughing, “If I remember correctly it was YOU who dared me into sneaking into the Coach’s hotel room and steal his underwear and put itching powder in them.”

“You planted the idea in my head.” Kellie countered.

“Did not!”

“Did so!”

Aaron kissed Kellie on the cheek, “What are you…five?”

Kellie smirked at him rolling her eyes in response.

“If she’s five then wouldn’t that make what you two did last night illegal in all 50 states?” Alyssa retorted with a wicked grin.

Nick nearly spit out his drink at Alyssa’s comment, “Baby please warn me when you’re going to say something like that damn woman.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “It’s true though.” She replied turning to Kellie and Aaron, “And don’t even try to deny it. Stepped on the condom wrapper this morning in the bathroom.”

“At least we’re not loud like you.” Aaron shot back.

AJ laughed, “Man you should have been on tour with us, back when these two were claiming that they were just friends.”

Kaci laughed along with him, “It was really bad.”

Nick grinned, “Not for me it isn’t.”

“Watch it buster, that’s my baby sister.” Clark added giving Nick a stern look before busting out laughing. “Okay yeah I can’t pull that off.”

“Might I remind you Clark Rhett Monroe, you’re the one whose been boning my best friend for nearly twelve years now. I know way more about you than I ever wanted to know.” Alyssa retorted giving him a grin. “Should I go into how you like it when Lori…” Lori clamped her hand over Alyssa’s mouth muffling her talking. Alyssa rolled her eyes and bit Lori’s hand making her recoil with a shriek.

“Bitch you bit me!” She exclaimed.

Nick scoffed at Lori, “You should know better than to do that, you know she bites.”

“Are you complaining?” Alyssa asked arching an eyebrow at him.

“You think he’d keep coming back if he was?” Kristin added making Alyssa’s eyes widen at her.

“Kris!” Nick whined at her. “Don’t go telling her anything.”

Alyssa looked between the two of them, “Kristin I think you and I need to go out to lunch tomorrow.”

Kristin giggled, “As much as I’d love to dish with you I can’t. Blondie swore me to secrecy.” She replied giving Nick a reassuring grin. Nearly a year before he’d told Kristin that he intended on asking Alyssa to marry him among various other things that he and Alyssa did and he didn’t want her spilling the beans on him.

Alyssa huffed a little disappointed but relented breaking out in a grin. Nick stood up and grabbed his beer bottle and her glass. “Liss you want the same from the bar?”

She looked up at him and nodded watching him as he went across the club to the bar. She stared at him wondering to herself how lucky she’d gotten to have someone who treated her so well. Alyssa turned away for a moment engrossing herself in a conversation between Kaci and Aaron.

Meanwhile at the bar Nick ordered himself a beer and Alyssa another cranberry and vodka. “Hey Nick…” He heard a voice to his side. He turned seeing Amanda there.

He looked at her a moment quite happy in the fact that he felt absolutely nothing when he saw her. He was glad that even though all the shit they’d put each other through in their relationship had all been resolved and they’d become somewhat friendly again. “Hey yourself how’ve you been?”

Amanda sighed, “Good, busy but good. You?”

“Pretty much the same, Ali’s here if you want to see her.” He replied.

“And how are things going with her?” Amanda asked curiously she’d hoped that everything had worked out for them.

Nick grinned, “Everything’s perfect with her.”

“Perfect huh?” She replied grinning a little.

“Yes perfect, I love her.”

Amanda’s eyes lit up at his statement, “Finally! You were in love with her even when you were with me. Did she say it back?”

“Eventually yeah she did, been dating nearly two years now.”

“So when’s the wedding?” She joked back.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Have to propose first.”

Her eyes got wide, “You mean you’re…?”

He nodded, “She’s the one.”

“Well damn congratulations and you know she’ll say yes.”

“I hope so.”

Alyssa looked up over to Nick at the bar noticing he was talking to someone. She smiled and got up walking over noticing who he was talking to. “Amanda?”

“Ali!” Amanda exclaimed giving her a hug. “You look fantastic.”

Alyssa laughed a little, “So do you! How’s everything?”

“Everything’s good.” She replied.

Nick handed Alyssa her drink and whispered in her ear, “Ali I’m going to go sit back down.”

Alyssa smiled at him as he leaned over giving her a kiss before walking back over to their friends.

“Well, well, well…” Amanda stated with a snarky grin.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and grinned, “Yeah shut up.”

Amanda laughed a little, “So I’m guessing that something more happened than the pact running out?”

“Well it’s hard to turn a guy down who tells you he’s in love with you after he gets laid.” Alyssa replied.

Amanda got a shocked expression on her face, “He told you then?! Whoa has he got it bad. I mean I knew he was completely in love with you but damn.”

“I know he’s been the absolute perfect boyfriend even through all the stupid drama we went through the past almost two years.”

“What happened?”

Alyssa sighed, “You want the short version or the long one?”

“I’ll take the short version.” Amanda answered.

Alyssa chuckled a little, “Well Nick and I hooked up and started dating, kept that a secret until I told him that I love him. My dad died and I had a miscarriage. Clark and Lori are getting married, and gave birth to my perfect nephew. Olivia and Angela are trying to adopt, Nick and I broke up then got back together. His dipshit friend Rob told me that Nick was cheating on me and I got drunk and slept with my friend Brandon. Nick forgave me for my drunken betrayal. Aaron and Kellie are dating. And Nick and his siblings filmed a reality show and Kevin left the group.”

Amanda eyes grew wide, “Holy shit.”

“Yeah that’s just the main stuff that happened.”

“I’m sorry about your dad, and the miscarriage. God that must have been terrible.”

Alyssa sighed and nodded, “It was but Nick helped me through all of it and it made me fall in love with him even more.”

“So then why the break up and the cheating?”

“Because we had a stupid fight and broke up the day before he was leaving for the last leg of the tour. And then afterwards we got back together and he was in Florida for the NBA playoffs and I called him and Rob answered his phone. I didn’t know it was Rob just that it was one of Nick’s friends and he said that Nick left with two girls so I got angry and invited Brandon over and we drank and ended up having sex in my apartment. Nick saw Brandon after he had forgiven me and was furious. But through all of it we’re stronger than ever.”

Amanda thought a moment, “Damn he must really love you, he cheated on me when he found out I was cheating on him.”

“Yeah I know I was afraid of that but he said that I was punishing myself enough for both of us.”

Later that night…

Alyssa giggled as she stumbled into the house a little drunk. Nick was right behind her catching her before she fell. “Whoa baby slow down there.” He stated laughing.

“Jesus I’m glad I drove.” Aaron added as Kellie and him walked into the house.

Kellie laughed a little, “She’s funny when she’s drunk.”

Nick laughed again watching Alyssa settle herself on the couch. “Yeah but when she’s this drunk it usually ends up with both of us in the pool.”

“Pool?” Aaron asked.

Alyssa caught the conversation laughing to herself at the memory, “My parents house and Nick don’t complain you got laid didn’t you?”

“I’d never complain about that.” Nick replied pulling her into his arms as he settled back on the couch.

Kellie snickered at the two of them.

“Oh dear God you two stop it.” Aaron stated rolling his eyes and laughing.

Alyssa snorted at him in response.

Kellie yawned a little and nudged Aaron’s shoulder, “Babe I’m going up to bed.” She stated giving him a lingering kiss then trudging up the stairs.

“Dude does she live here now?” Nick asked.

Alyssa giggled at him, “Pretty much, ever since Aaron and her started fucking.” She answered rather bluntly.

“Alyssa Mackenzie Monroe…” Nick chided jokingly shaking his head at her.

“What does Kellie tell you Ali?” Aaron asked he’d been wondering for the longest time what exactly Kellie had shared with Alyssa.

Alyssa glanced at him a moment considering his question. “I won’t say specifically what she’s said because right now I can’t really remember but I do know that she really enjoys everything you two do. And she’s totally smitten.”

“Just smitten or is there more?”

Nick grinned at his brother boy was fishing for information about Kellie’s feelings for him. “Aaron just tell her already.”

Alyssa’s head shot up at his statement, “Tell her what?”

Aaron blushed a little, “I love her.”

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide and she smiled even wider. “Holy shit Aaron you have to tell her.”

“I will I just need time.”


Chapter 16: Don't Call It A Comeback by Teri
Author's Notes:
Well, well, well....lookie what we have here...*gasp* an update? SWEET!! LOL. Anyways all of you can thank Anita (frackgirl20) for this one because she cured my writer's block! I was so close to putting everything on hiatus but she helped me out and gave me some AWESOME ideas....

So enjoy the chapter, let me know and if you can't tell already there's going to be the return of a certain male actor *evil grin*. And something about a suit coming up in the next few chapters....hehe *evil grin*.
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Sixteen: Don’t Call It A Comeback

********************************

Alyssa Narrating:

Good God who knew weddings had so many details? I’ve been helping Lori plan her wedding since they got engaged but now that the wedding is less than a week away it seems like everything has grown by leaps and bounds you know?

The more details that are discussed the more I’m convinced that getting married the whole wedding thing is more trouble than it’s worth. I mean I want to get married, of course what girl wouldn’t? But I’m thinking that eloping would probably be the best idea. Although my family would have a coronary and crucify Nick and myself for not including them.

As much as I love the idea of Nick and I getting married I don’t think he’s ready for that. I know I want him to ask me but I want it to be his decision and I just don’t think he’s ready for that big of a commitment. I know he’s been engaged before, but that lasted a week.

Maybe I’m just scared.

I know that I’m not so much scared of getting engaged or married. But I am a bit apprehensive about whether or not he wants to. I mean I know he talks about it all the time that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Blah..blah…blah he can say that all day but in the end it’s just words. It’s just I’m afraid that maybe this is a passing phase for him. Since he’s recording and got time on his hands that maybe getting married would be a good way to fill his boredom. And I don’t want that to just be something he needs to distract him from boredom. If he asks me I want it to be because he can’t hold back any longer and he needs to ask me to make our intentions of staying together official. I don’t need some huge ceremony to tell the world I intend on staying with him. All I’d want is something small our families and close friends and that’s it.

No huge Hollywood spectacle like Nick’s publicist Juliette just had.

Of course I wouldn’t be marrying a Count like Juliette did. Yeah the entire thing was a heady experience. The reality show cameras were there. Nick got completely trashed as well as Chris, I myself got tipsy. Alex laughed at their drunken stupidity. And it made me laugh too, the totally off key (on purpose of course) singing, Nick wearing his tie as a head band.

All of it was simply hilarious.

End Narration.

********************************

Nick walked back into the house from the patio hearing Lori and Alyssa giggling in the dining room. He moved from the kitchen quietly to surprise them. He stopped when he heard Alyssa speak.

“Okay if I ever decide to get married someone please smack me!” Alyssa stated quite loudly.

Lori giggled a little, “Why?”

Alyssa gave her a pitiful look and then looked at the stacks of papers, books and various things on the table. “Are you kidding me? All these details? Who knew getting married had so many details. I swear Lori you’re turning me off to the whole marriage idea.” Nick’s heart sank a little at Alyssa’s words.

“You could always elope.” Nick smirked silently thanking Lori for playing Devil’s advocate.

“True, but then I’d have to deal with everyone being pissy that they didn’t get to go.”

Lori saw movement just outside the dining room seeing Nick’s shadow. She grinned a little, “But what if Nick asked you to marry him?”

“Yeah I’m so sure he’s planning on asking me, has had the ring for months and just hasn’t asked me yet right?” Alyssa scoffed.

Lori laughed at her, ‘if she only knew how accurate she is’. “Ali come on you and Nick getting married, having little Carters running around. I know you want that.”

Alyssa sighed, “Of course I want that eventually. I don’t know if now is the right time you know?”

“What do you mean?”

She rolled her eyes at Lori, “I love him, I know I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But I don’t think we’re ready for that big of a commitment yet. I don’t think he’s ready for that yet.”

Lori gave her a pensive look, “Why wouldn’t he be ready?”

“He’s 26, he should be out partying every night, getting laid by every chick he thinks is hot. He should want his freedom, not willingly give that up just for me.”

“Umm do you not realize that he’s completely in love with you?”

Alyssa glared a Lori for a second, “Of course I realize that…”

“Then what are you afraid of? That he’s going to cheat on you? Or are you afraid that you’ll cheat on him again?”

“Lorelei!” Alyssa shrieked.

“What? You’re the one that saw Brandon again.” Nick’s blood ran cold when he heard Lori say that. Surely Alyssa wasn’t cheating on him was she?

That night…

Nick paced in their bedroom. All day the thought of Alyssa seeing Brandon again made his mind race and his blood boil. He fought to reign in his jealous anger but he couldn’t help it. He was not going to share her. Alyssa walked in the room and began to take off her clothes heading to the dresser pulling out a large tee-shirt.

“Ali we need to talk.” Nick stated looking at her blankly as he settled himself on their bed.

Alyssa got a worried look on her face, “Umm okay…” She replied sitting next to him on the bed.

Nick thought a moment gathering his thoughts, “I overheard your conversation with Lori today…” He began looking at her as she got a concerned look on her face. “And I don’t want to jump to any conclusions about what I heard in case I’m wrong. But what’s going on with Brandon?”

Alyssa’s eyes widened at him. He wasn’t questioning her loyalty right? She remembered back to a few days before when Brandon had surprised her at her office.

Alyssa sat at her desk going over her power point lectures for the semester when there was a figure at her door. She turned expecting to see Lori and her nephew there since they had plans to go to lunch and then shop on Robertson. “Brandon…wh-what are you doing here?” Alyssa asked seeing Brandon leaning on her door frame.

Brandon looked her over the night they’d spent together still fresh in his mind. “I came to see how you’ve been.” He stated mentally cursing himself for being so transparent.

Alyssa studied his expression, he seemed lost, flustered, confused even. “I’m all right and you?”

“I’m okay…” He began sitting on the chair adjacent from her desk. “I’m just really in need of a friend right now…” He admitted and partially lied. It was true he did need a friend at the present moment, the fame was getting to him a little and Courtney had broken up with him. She’d broken up with him mainly because he couldn’t get Alyssa out of his head.

“What’s wrong?” Alyssa asked sincerely concerned.

He sighed and looked at the photo on her desk a picture of her and Nick with their arms wrapped around each other both gazing adoringly into each other’s eyes. His chest tightened, he wished she’d look at him like that. “This whole fame thing is insane. And to top it off Courtney dumped me. But I think that’s to be expected. How are things with Nick?”

Alyssa gave him a grin, “Amazingly well. I finally gave into my feelings and it’s been so good with him.”

Brandon grinned weakly in return patting Alyssa’s hand, “That’s great Ali.”

“Am I interrupting something?” Lori’s voice came from the doorway her glare at the scene in front of her evident.

Alyssa stood as well as Brandon. “Lori you remember Brandon.”

Lori set down the carrier that held Jamie and shook Brandon’s outstretched hand. “So nice to see you again Brandon. Ali we better get going to lunch or we’ll be late.”

“I know just let me grab my bag.” Alyssa remarked going over to the far table.

Lori turned to Brandon, “I’m getting married to her older brother, and we need to go over some wedding details. But we’re having the engagement party in Arizona this coming week and then the bachelor and bachelorette parties. You’re welcome to come to the parties.”

Alyssa looked at Lori like she’d grown a second head for a moment. “Lori I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Oh why not I think it’s a great idea. He is a friend after all.” Lori countered.

Brandon ever the polite one replied, “If it’s not too much of a bother then yes I’d love to come.”

Lori smiled, “Good then it’s settled then.” She reached into her bag handing him an extra invitation that she kept on hand for any old friends she’d run into and had forgotten to put them on the guest list.

Alyssa shook her head at the memory. Why Lori had invited him she’ll never understand.

“Nothing is going on with Brandon. He surprised me at my office and we talked briefly. Lori showed up and invited him to all the wedding things. Engagement party, the bachelor party, and the wedding.”

Nick’s eyes widened. “NO he can NOT come to the bachelor party, that’s my party for Clark.”

“I know but she said if you don’t want him to come then to tell him so at the engagement party.”

Nick clenched his fists, “I’ll do more than that, I’ll rip him limb from limb.”

“Nick do you think there is something going on with him?” Alyssa asked.

He glanced at her noticing the worried look on her face. “I don’t think he’s above trying something on you.”

Alyssa’s hands went to his shoulders rubbing the tension from them. “I love you…” She whispered in his ear. “Do you honestly think I’m going to let him try to take me away?”

Nick relaxed into her touch her words making him feel slightly better about the situation. “I’m just worried that he’s going to try to break us up.”

“I doubt he’ll try anything. He’s just interested in being friends, hell he’s probably still crushed over Courtney dumping him.” Alyssa countered. “He’s my friend, and that’s it.”

Nick sighed he trusted her. She’d never given him a reason to doubt her promise that what had occurred would never happen again. He just didn’t want to give Brandon a reason that anything may be less than perfect between them. “I trust you, but I do not trust him.”

Alyssa grinned a little, “Not asking you to trust him lover. All I want is your trust in me.”

Nick smiled at her pulling her from behind him to straddle his lap. He smirked and attacked her neck sucking on her pulse point slowly making her sigh and moan.

Settling herself against him she rotated her hips making his hands grip her hips and grind them against him harder turning them both on to no end. Alyssa threw her head back and moaned feeling him rub against her through her underwear. Smirking to himself Nick moved his hands up the shirt she was wearing and brushed his fingers over her nipples making her back arch and goosebumps rise all over her skin.

“I love knowing I can do this to you.” He whispered his breath hot against her ear. “Knowing that I can turn you on with just a touch.”

Alyssa sighed, loving it when he talked like that. She crossed her hands infront of herself and lifted the tee-shirt up and over her head throwing it across the room. She moved to look him straight in the eye and replied, “You’re the only man who can turn me on like this. Make me so drunk with lust that I can’t do anything but just enjoy the pleasure you give me and give it back to you all the same.”

He started at her wide-eyed. Normally she didn’t speak quiet so openly unless they were on the phone miles apart from each other. He laid her down and hooked his thumbs into her underwear slipping them off to where she could kick them off. He moved to stand stripping himself of his clothing. As he was lifting his shirt over his head he heard her gasp. He tore the rest of his shirt over his head and looked at her, his eyes immediately zeroing in on her hand that slipped between her thighs stroking herself slowly. He couldn’t describe how much he loved watching that.

“Can’t wait?” He asked as he nearly ripped off his jeans.

Alyssa grinned at him, “No, I just love watching your reaction when I do this…” She shot back as she spread her legs as wide as she could giving him a full view of what her fingers were doing.

“Jesus baby…” Nick replied now naked, he moved to kneel between her legs watching her fingers alternate from rough circles then plunging inside her as her hips thrusted forward.

Alyssa smirked at him loving how his eyes had yet to stray from her hand. “Before we were together, I used to do this imagining it was your hands pleasuring me instead of my own.” She admitted breathlessly.

He glanced up at her face completely shocked at her admission. He leaned forward capturing her lips in a sultry kiss. Breaking the kiss he answered back, “What would you think of?”

She grinned a little and moved her hand a little slower prolonging her impending orgasm. “How much I wanted you to touch me, to feel you inside me.” She explained as he kissed down her neck to her chest nipping and sucking on her breasts making her shudder and increase the pace of her fingers.

He recognized that shudder, knew she was close but holding back. “Come for me.” He whispered keeping his voice low and raspy.

Her back arched and she growled softly as her body tensed and shook riding out her release. She collapsed back against the pillows a little breathless and flushed from her climax.

“God I love watching you do that.” Nick stated as he entered her slowly stopping once he was fully inside.

Alyssa sighed and relaxed loving how slow and gentle he was being. “I bet you do.”

He chuckled at her and took both her thighs wrapping them around his waist. “Any man would have to be insane not to want to watch his woman pleasure herself while thinking of him.”

She smiled and contracted her muscles around him making him moan and shiver. “I lied to Lori and Kellie that one time when we were talking about that. I didn’t want them to know that I’d lie in a hotel room at night touching myself fantasizing about you thinking you’d never want me like this.”

Nick raised up a little and began thrusting slowly, so slowly it was like they were barely moving at all. “Do you know how many times I’d do the same thing?”

Alyssa moved her hands down his back scratching ever-so-slightly that it made him thrust harder and deeper into her. She loved how the littlest thing would spur him on. Alyssa moved her hips up against his making Nick throw his head back and growl at the heated friction they created. Alyssa pulled him down to her wrapping her arms around him silently telling him to roll over. He obliged and settled himself back against the pillows as he watched Alyssa sit up and begin to ride him with a slow rocking motion. Nick looked to his side for a moment catching their reflection in the large wall-sized mirror before turning back as Alyssa leaned back bracing her arms behind her on his legs just above his knees using them as leverage to grind against him angling them just so that he consistently hit all the right spots inside her. He moved his hands to her hips letting on drift down the front of her to stroke her clit in time to their movements making her legs shake and her muscles contract around him.

Getting an idea he quickly pushed her away from him making her give him a scowl. He smirked at her and traded places with her making her face the headboard. Understanding what he wanted to do Alyssa grabbed onto the headboard just as he grabbed her hips and thrust into her roughly making her cry out. He thrusted hard and deep into her, digging his fingers into her hips as they moved frantically against each other. Feeling how close he was , he bent over sweeping her hair off her back and bit down roughly on the tattoo at the back of her neck making her scream and shudder violently as she came pulling him with her with a long raspy growl.

They collapsed to the side in a sweaty heap against the comforter. Alyssa turned on her side and propped her head on her hand. “You’re amazing…”

He smiled at her letting his breathing return to normal, “God…that was good.”

She chuckled a bit, “It was. You trust me still right?”

Nick gazed at her, her eyes full of worry. “Of course.”

“Good because I’d never leave you for anyone…least of all Brandon.”

“Why is that?” Nick asked, he had to know exactly why he trusted her so much.

Alyssa grinned and trailed her fingertips over his chest, “Because even though I slept with him, one time, granted that was a HUGE mistake. But still he may have gotten me off, but only you can give me that much pleasure.”

Nick sighed smiling a little, happy she’d said that. “What happened with you and him that night, who initiated it?”

“Well I’d been drinking, as well as Brandon and we were talking and he kissed me. He apologized but then I kissed him and then one thing lead to another. But there was no foreplay. No teasing, no torturing, it just happened.”

Nick thought a moment, “So what was wrong with it? Besides being that you were being unfaithful.”

Alyssa chewed on her lip a moment, “Well completely disregarding that I was unfaithful, he really wasn’t into foreplay, at least I didn’t get any, it was kissing then we fucked that’s it. I hated how he didn’t pay any attention to my body the way you do. I think he was just happy that I was drunk enough and pissed off at you enough to fuck him that he didn’t care. At least I was coherent enough to remember the condom.”

“He didn’t touch you, or…”

“Or go down on me?” Alyssa offered receiving a nod in response. “Nope, he barely even touched my chest. Even if you and I weren’t together, after that performance, I would not be seeing him.”

“That bad?”

“Why do you want to know?”

Nick grinned a little, “Getting information in case he makes a move on you. Because if I see him try to steal you from me, I’m going to throw everything I do better than him in his face.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “Being a little vindictive aren’t we?”

“If it means that he’ll leave you alone once and for all, then yes I’m vindictive.”

“God you claiming me as your territory is such a turn on.” Alyssa replied straddling his waist leaning over to kiss him.

The next day…

“Alyssa hold still.” Lori chided as Alyssa continued to fidget in her dress.

“Sorry Lori but damn you’re really getting married.” Alyssa remarked as she glanced at Lori in her egg-shell colored gown.

Lori smiled and looked over seeing Nick and Aaron watching the girls get their last fitting. She moved over to Alyssa and Kellie leaning in close. “Both your men are staring at your asses.” She spied.

Alyssa and Kellie giggled. “Just imagining what they’re going to get tonight I assume.” Kellie retorted making all three of them giggle loudly.

“What the hell are those three talking about?” Aaron asked wondering what was so damned funny.

Nick chuckled a little, “Knowing them it’s about us.” He replied making Aaron give him a worried look. “Hey don’t worry about it giggling is a good sign. That and it means that they’re bragging so be proud of yourself that you got Kellie to brag about it.”

Aaron laughed a little, “And you would know this how?”

“Because I’ve been hanging around them longer than you have. And those girls talk. Giggling and smiling is a good sign. If it sucked then they’d be consoling her.”

Lori giggled as she glanced over at Nick and Aaron giving Nick a grin. “So, how’d Nick take the Brandon news?” She asked.

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment and sighed, “He got me to tell him how bad it was with Brandon so he can use it against him if he has to.”

Kellie laughed, “Yeah I’d do the same thing if I were in his position.”

Lori grinned, “I’m glad you two are done with all the relationship drama.”

Alyssa sighed, “So am I. God even I was getting annoyed with myself!” She replied. “But in a way I’m glad it happened, it made me really see how much he really cares about me, fighting to keep our relationship from self-destructing.”

“Well I’m glad you’re done being stupid.” Lori replied with a smirk.

“Here, here.” Kellie added.


Chapter 17: Ain't No Other Man by Teri
Author's Notes:
OMG IT'S AN UPDATE AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Yes an actual chapter!!! Thanks to Presley for curing my writer's block. So say thank you to her and go read her stories and give her some feedback too ok? Luv yas! Here it is! And more on this and KDL to come!!!!!!!
Chapter Seventeen: Ain’t No Other Man

“Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you. Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do (what you do). You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon. You got soul, you got class. You got style you’re bad ass - oh yeah! Ain't no other man it's true - all right -Ain't no other man but you…You are there when I'm a mess. Talk me down from every ledge. Give me strength, boy you're the best. You're the only one who's ever passed every test. Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you. Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do (what you do). You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon. (You're the kinda guy, a girl finds oooo yeahh). You got soul, you got class. You got style you’re bad ass - oh yeah! Ain't no other man it's true - all right -Ain't no other man but you.” (**) Ain’t No Other Man ~By Christina Aguilera

Nick woke up with a start, the recurring nightmare had been keeping him up for the past three nights. He knew it was more his fear of losing Alyssa that caused the dream moreso than anything else. But every night it’d been the same scene over and over, he’d come home and find Alyssa in bed with Brandon her body writhing underneath his.

He hadn’t mentioned it to anyone, least of all Alyssa. He knew he should, that he should tell her of his underlying fear of losing her to Brandon but he couldn’t, wouldn’t. It was weakness in his eyes and he did not want Alyssa to see him as that.

He felt Alyssa stir next to him and looked over at her face seeing her green eyes studying him.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

Nick sighed a shaky sigh, “Nothing I’m all right go back to sleep.” He replied.

Alyssa looked at him sensing the tension in his voice. “Lover talk to me.” She answered back wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

He relaxed into her touch, “Just a bad dream, nothing more.” He lied.

“You’ve said that for the past few nights, are you sure there isn’t anything I can do to make you feel better?”

Nick turned his head to look in her eyes, seeing the concerned look on her face. “Tell me you love me.”

Alyssa’s expression softened, “I love you.” She whispered.

“Promise me something then?” He asked.

“Anything.” Alyssa replied.

Nick sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, “Never let anyone try to take you from me.”

Alyssa thought a moment then leaned over kissing him softly, “I promise, no one will take me from you. I’m your girl, no one else’s.”

He smiled a little at her showing her that he felt a little better.

The next day…

“Alyssa what are you doing?” Nick asked walking in the kitchen seeing Alyssa making lunch.

“Brandon is coming over for lunch to hang out I wanted to have everything made before then so I don’t have to worry about cooking.”

At the mere mention of Brandon’s name all the color fell from Nick’s face and he felt a little lightheaded.

“Brandon’s coming here?”

Alyssa looked at him seeing the ghostly look on his face. “Baby what’s wrong?”

Nick took in a few shallow breaths, “Nothing I’m fine.” He lied waving her off.

Alyssa saw right through him and sighed, “You trust me right?”

Nick turned and looked at her a little shocked she’d been so perceptive him. “How do you do that?”

She grinned a little, “Because I know you. You’re scared of something happening between Brandon and I while you’re gone right?”

Nick nodded in response.

Alyssa sighed and gave him a grin wrapping her arms around his shoulders. “Believe me if I was going to do that it certainly wouldn’t be with him. I’d just wait until you get home.”

Nick chuckled a little, “You better.”

“You know I would, besides I’ve slept with him before and it sucked, do you really think I’d want an encore after that performance?” Alyssa shot back with a cheeky grin.

He rolled his eyes, “I hate the fact that it happened at all.”

Alyssa sighed and leaned up kissing him slowly, “It happened, can’t change it, but in a way it’s made us stronger.”

“How so?”

“I appreciate you more now than I ever did. And it’s because of my mistake with Brandon and your willingness to forgive me that’s made me see how much of a good thing I have with you.”

Nick gripped her hips hoisting her up against his chest as they backed up to the pantry cabinets. He kissed her neck, alternately biting and sucking on it gently as she wove her fingers into his hair and moaned softly.

Just then the doorbell rang. Alyssa and Nick froze and he rolled his eyes. “Fucker seems to always try to ruin things between us.” He muttered under his breath assuming it was Brandon at the door.

Slowly he let Alyssa down and went to the door opening it to see Brandon on the other side. He gripped the handle on the door, wishing he could just slam the door in his face but he couldn’t do that to Alyssa. He knew he could trust her.

“Hey.” Brandon said with nervous grin. He knew coming over would not go over well with Nick. And that had been precisely his plan. He didn’t want Nick to be comfortable with him. Not when he wanted Alyssa for himself.

Alyssa came into the foyer and gave Brandon a quick friendly hug letting him in the house. Nick shut the door for a moment before saying. “Hey I better get going to the meeting. We’re on for dinner tonight right?” He said with a grin.

Alyssa smiled back, “Of course lover wouldn’t think of any where else I’d rather be.” She said giving him a kiss. Breaking it a minute later she added, “Say hi to the guys for me.”

“I will.” He replied getting a smug grin on his face. He turned to Brandon and held out his hand. “Good to see you again Brandon.”

Brandon shook his hand and replied, “Thanks it was good to see you too.”

Nick gave Alyssa one last kiss and said goodbye as he grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out to his car.

Later on that day…

Nick sighed reclining in the comfortable couch of the studio.

Brian gave him a look and asked, “So how’ve you been?”

Nick looked over at him wondering what his motives were. Lately it seemed like everything he did was up for speculation by someone, the fans, the guys, hell even Alyssa questioned him from time to time. “I’ve been good.”

“How’s everything with Ali?” Brian asked sincerely.

Nick sighed a little thinking it over. Things between him and Alyssa had been great over the last few months. She’d been the absolute perfect girlfriend, and he would be the same back to her. Always bringing her something he knew she’d like, flowers, little odds and ends he thought were perfect for her personality. “Great, she and I have been perfect.”

“And the nightmare? Any reason for that?” Brian shot back.

“I think it’s because Brandon is back in her life, and I’m just being paranoid.”

At that moment AJ came walking back in with a dismayed look on his face. “Women suck.” He announced.

Nick got a clever smirk on his face, “I know I have one at home.”

“NICKOLAS GENE!” Brian exclaimed trying to hold back his laughter.

“What it’s not like it isn’t true.” Nick reminded.

Howie snorted having heard the entire conversation. “Yes but we do not need to know that Ali blows you it’s a little too much information if you ask me.”

AJ laughed a little, “At least we know it’s with him and not Superboy.”

Nick tried to hold back his laughter but he couldn’t. “So why do you proclaim that women suck, besides the obvious reason.”

“Kaci and I broke up.”

“Again?”

“Yep, except this time it’s final. She’s too young for me.” AJ replied.

“Hallelujah.” Brian retorted making everyone look at him.

Nick chuckled and patted AJ on the shoulder, “Don’t worry about him he has bible tourets.”

“Funny, you’re going to Hell.” Brian shot back.

“And it’ll be a hell of a party!” Nick replied with a cheshire grin.

AJ laughed a little, “Now children…”

Nick shot him an odd look before busting out laughing. “Dude, do not do the whole school marm thing. It just doesn’t suit you.”

“I bet it suits Alyssa.” AJ retorted.

Howie chuckled, “Oh yeah she is a teacher….I don’t doubt Nick’s been sent to detention often.”

Nick cracked up, “Actually we haven’t gotten into role playing.”

“Question is do you want to?” AJ countered.

Nick shot him a look as if to say ‘are you kidding me?’ “No shit Sherlock.”

“Well what’s stopping you?” Brian added making Nick shoot him a surprised look. “What? Just because I’m Christian and a father does not mean I don’t like sex with my wife. Or trying new things for that matter.”

Nick scrunched up his face. “I know I walked in on it several times on the Black and Blue tour.”

Brian chuckled, “And we heard Alyssa screaming out to the sex gods enough on the Never Gone tour so yeah I think we’re even.”

“Touche”

“Anyways, yeah I’m single now, goddamnit.” AJ interjected.

Nick sighed a little, “Yeah and if Aaron doesn’t get his shit together Kellie will be open for you.”

“Wait what’s going on?” Howie asked.

Nick shook his head, “Aaron hasn’t said the L-Word to her and she told Ali that the whole younger guy thing isn’t so much fun anymore.”

“And you would know this how?” AJ asked skeptically.

Nick gave him a look, “Alyssa is my girl, Kellie is her best friend….you do the math.”

“But would she seriously leave him?” Howie asked.

Nick thought a moment, “She wants to settle down and she realizes that dating an 18 year old is not the best way to find a suitable match to spend the rest of her life with.”

“That’s pretty true, that was mine and Kaci’s downfall.” AJ explained. “I want a good woman to settle down with, hell I’m not as lucky as you Nick.”

Nick smiled at him, “Yeah who would have thought my soulmate was the girl I met when she was 12 and I was 16.”

“You owe your sister a huge thank you.” Brian added.

“I know, I’ll have Ali make her the maid of honor.”

Brian raised his eyebrows, “You’re seriously going to ask her?”

Nick grinned, “Yep have it all planned out.”

“And? When are you?” Howie asked with a grin.

“January. The family reunion it’s going to be perfect.”

AJ laughed a little, “Aww, dude I’m happy for you, I knew you’d be a complete romantic sap once you found the right woman who could appreciate it.”

“I definitely found her.”

Meanwhile….

Alyssa smiled at Brandon picking up the dishes from their lunch. She walked into the kitchen happy for the distance between them. She started noticing his mannerisms were all connected to showing how he felt about her. She sighed as she rinsed the dishes. She liked Brandon he was a great friend but she didn’t feel any attraction to him besides a mild physical one. It most certainly wasn’t enough to make her act on it and betray Nick, not after all they’d been through.

Brandon got up going up the stairs to the master bedroom he pulled the pair of boxers out of his pocket throwing them haphazardly onto the floor. He smirked to himself then went down silently as he could into the kitchen and decided to tell her but as soon as he saw her he lost his nerve.

Alyssa looked up a little surprised that he’d come into the room so silently. She looked him over he was nothing like Nick. Three inches taller, darker hair, narrower jaw. The comparisons were infinite but she couldn’t see herself with Brandon. Nick on the other hand she could see herself having kids, growing old with him.

“So how are things with Nick?” Brandon piped up hoping that there was something wrong with the relationship. He liked Nick thought he was a good guy, but he wanted Alyssa to himself and he’d do anything to get her.

Alyssa grinned, “Amazing, considering what we’ve been through I couldn’t have asked for a better man.” She replied honestly.

Brandon grinned back hoping the anger inside of him wouldn’t show. “That’s great, how long have you two been dating?”

Alyssa sighed happily, “Almost two years.”

He grinned this would be his opening, “And he hasn’t put a ring on your finger I’m shocked.”

“I don’t think our relationship is ready yet, but it will happen when it’s meant to.”

“Yeah but don’t you think that it would show how serious he is? I mean a guy pretty much knows if he’s going to spend the rest of his life with you after he’s lived with you for a while.”

Alyssa thought a moment. She’d never thought about it that way before. But he was always dropping hints wasn’t he? That he intended on spending the rest of his life with her right?

Brandon looked at her smugly seeing the doubt cross over her face. He looked at his watch seeing that his meeting was going to be starting soon. “Hey I’m gonna take off, my meeting with the studio starts in like an hour you know LA traffic.”

Alyssa smiled, “Yep it’s a bitch.” She replied walking him to the door.

“So I’ll see you at Lori’s engagement party right?”

“Most definitely.” Alyssa answered back giving him a hug.

Brandon broke away and walked over getting in his car driving off to his meeting.

A few minutes later Nick’s black BMW pulled into the drive way just as Alyssa was coming out to get the mail.

Nick smiled getting out of the car as Alyssa grabbed the mail and walked over wrapping her arms around Nick’s neck. “How was your meeting?” She asked with a content grin.

“The usual…” He replied leaning down to kiss her.

Alyssa grinned just as their lips met. A minute later they broke away and walked into the house. Nick went upstairs while Alyssa stayed for a moment sorting the mail.

Nick went into their bedroom seeing a pair of mens boxers near the bed that did not belong to him. His brow furrowed in concern as he went over picking them up.

Alyssa walked into the bedroom seeing Nick with the boxers hanging on his finger like it was diseased. “Baby whose are those?” She asked not recognizing them either.

He looked at her, “Why don’t you tell me?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well Brandon was here earlier.” Nick reminded.

Alyssa got a shocked expression on her face. “Nick I can’t believe you would say that. I wouldn’t.”

“You have before.”

Alyssa got a solemn expression on her face but that didn’t hide the anger blazing in her eyes. “We’re not going to discuss this, I am faithful to you believe me or don’t that’s your damn choice.” Alyssa replied going into her old room slamming the door shut.

He sighed taking the boxers and thought for a minute. Brandon was trying to make him doubt Alyssa. He knew Brandon wasn’t to be trusted but this…he should have expected. If he was going to put the moves on Alyssa then he knew he’d have to step it up and show Brandon that if he tried anything he’d be truly sorry.

Alyssa flopped onto her old bed putting her head in her hands seething. Why didn’t he trust her? She’d proven that she could be trusted didn’t she?
Chapter 18: The Roaring Twenties by Teri
Author's Notes:
Another chapter? OMG It's a miracle!!! lol Anyways tell me what ya'll think. I'm working on chapter 19 right now
Chapter Eighteen: The Roaring Twenties







*********************************
Alyssa Narrating:


I’m still mad at Nick for that fight the other day. Even now on the plane ride to Phoenix I won’t talk to him. He knows I’m pissed for him doubting me and don’t I have every right to don’t I?


He infuriates me sometimes. But then again he’s supposed to. Anyone you love and are close to are bound to at some point piss you off from time to time.


And then what Brandon said…


I mean Nick and I have been together nearly two years. Friends for well over ten years. Shouldn’t he have figured it out by now if I’m the girl for him?


I mean yeah he tells me all the time that I’m the girl for him. That I’m his lover, his soulmate. But what if it’s just bullshit to keep me? Nick’s never been a great liar but I’ve seen girls fall for less when they look at those blue eyes.


Yes I’ll admit, those eyes get me all the time. I love how they change color, when he’s mad they’re bright and clear, when he’s happy they sparkle just a little more than normal. When he’s sad his eyes are gray and pale.


I know it’s weird how I can tell what his mood is by his eyes. He can do the same with mine. It’s insane. But then again so is our relationship. It’s always been a bit crazy between us. When we were friends no one could understand how we could be so close and not want more. Well surprise, surprise we did want more. So much more.


Not to jump back but I want him to ask me. Brandon’s questioning got me thinking about how much I want to be with him. To take his last name and have children that are part of both of us.


I want all of that and more. Maybe I’m crazy but I know I love him, as much as he pisses me off.


End Narration.
******************************


******************************
Nick Narrating:


Okay, okay…


I know I’m an asshole. I get it. I know I should trust her, completely. But seeing those boxers in our bedroom. Knowing they weren’t mine. My blood boiled.


I swear to God if I see Brandon put any moves on her whatsoever he’s going to need an ambulance. Yes, I’m possessive. I can’t fucking help it I love her so much. If I lose her….


No, I can’t….won’t think about that.


She loves me, I know she does. Even if she doesn’t verbalize it her eyes say it. Those green eyes. I think they’re a Monroe trait. Her grandmother has them, her father had them, and now Ali does. I look over at her seeing her staring out the small oblong shaped window. I wished she’d turn her head, so I could see those eyes. But I doubt I’d want to now. They’d be one of two colors. Pale with sadness or fiery with anger at me.


I can’t believe the things I said to her. I know I should trust her implicitly but there’s always going to be that nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach. That somehow I’m not enough.


Yeah those feelings have been creeping up on me a lot lately. That I’m not good enough for her. That she deserves more.


Is it normal to feel like you don’t deserve someone yet treat them like they are lying to you? Maybe I’m crazy. There’s just so much I want to tell her, share with her you know?


Is it crazy to be so in love that you can’t even describe it? It scares me sometimes that all I have to do is just look at her and I know I’ll be okay. Knowing that she loves me, that she’s right there with me is an incredible feeling. Honestly as clichéd as this sounds I never thought I’d feel this way. Or quite this strongly. Granted I’d been in ‘love’ before. But this…woah. This is so much stronger and much more frightening.


When she’s pissed off like she is right now. I know it’s only because I didn’t trust her like I promised I always would. I mean come on, cut me some slack here I find the idiot’s boxers near our bed and she expects me to not jump to conclusions.


Yeah okay I’m an idiot. I realize this. Now comes the hard part. Getting her to forgive me…


End Narration.
*************************************


Nick turned to Alyssa seeing her features in profile as she read her book. He looked at the title "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. ‘Great a chick novel’ he mused to himself. “Alyssa…” He whispered in her ear.


Alyssa sighed marking her place in her book then looking over. “What?”


Nick saw the determined look in her eyes and his expression softened. “I’m sorry, for yesterday. I was stupid not to trust you.”


Alyssa nodded, “Apology accepted.” She replied flatly going back to her book.


He looked at her completely puzzled, “What’s wrong?”


She sighed again and looked at him, “I love you, but that doesn’t mean I have to like you right now.”


“But I said I’m sorry and I meant it.”


Alyssa chuckled, “And you expect me to what fall into your arms and melt like butter on a hot muffin?”


He thought it over for a moment, “The thought had occurred to me.”


“Well you thought wrong.” Alyssa retorted.


Later on that day…


“What’s going on with you two?” Lori asked noting the dismayed look on Alyssa’s and Nick’s faces.


“Brandon came over for lunch, and a pair of boxers were left in our bedroom. The first thing he thinks is that I fucked Brandon.” Alyssa explained.


“Well it’s a logical thought.” Lori countered making Alyssa look at her. “Hey don’t yell at me I’m just thinking here. Did he apologize?”


“Yeah on the plane.”


“And you haven’t forgiven him?”


Alyssa looked at her, “I have but I want him to learn not to just expect me to forgive him at the drop of a hat.”


Lori laughed a little, “Honey just go have makeup sex already. It’s bad luck for the maid of honor and the best man to be at odds at a wedding.”


Alyssa laughed with her, “I know we haven’t had sex since the day before yesterday. Brandon interrupted us in the kitchen.”


“Then as punishment go torture him.” Lori replied with a snarky grin.


“Torture?” Alyssa added arching her eyebrow in curiosity.


Kellie rolled her eyes, “Honey she means give him a reason to call you ‘Mistress’”


“Oh…” Alyssa replied a little embarrassed that she hadn’t gotten it. After thinking it over for a moment she grinned, “That has tons of possibilities.”


Meanwhile…


“Dude you’re off what’s wrong?” Clark asked as he adjusted his watch.


Nick sighed, “She mad, I thought she had slept with Brandon which she didn’t.”


Clark laughed a little, “And my beautiful fiancée is probably tell her to ‘punish’ you.”


Nick gave Clark an odd look in response.


“I know you’re fucking my sister and it’s okay, at least it’s you and not the caped crusader.”


Nick thought a moment. “The caped crusader is Batman.”


“Oh…damnit that sounded better in my head.”


Nick laughed hard at Clark. “Why is no one surprised at Ali’s and my sex life?”


Clark sighed and patted Nick on the shoulder and replied, “My sister’s best friend is Lori. Al is like her protégé. She’s a mistress in training.”


“Mistress has a nice ring to it.”


Clark laughed, “Dude trust me you will so not regret it if you start calling her that.”


“So I’m guessing Lori…”


“She’d make an amazing dominatrix.”


Nick laughed a little, “So would your sisters.”


“Okay I understand one, but both?”


“Yep where do you think I go for tips on how to get Ali to be so loud.”


“I know what better place to get tips on pleasing a woman than a lesbian right?”


Nick chuckled, “You went to your sister for sex advice?”


Clark sighed rolling his eyes, “No I went to Angie. Getting advice on the proper oral technique from my sister would not be good, it was bad enough I couldn’t stop thinking that she regularly has sex with Oli.”


Nick busted out laughing at his comment, “I know she’s your sister but Olivia is hot, both your sisters are.”


“I know my sisters are both very beautiful, I’m just glad they are both in committed relationships with good people.”


Nick grinned, “Aw thanks man.” He said giving him a hug.


Clark pushed him off of him, “Yeah, yeah but you hurt my sister and I’ll make sure you sing falsetto permanently.”


Nick nodded in agreement. “Okay are we ready to go to this engagement party or what?” He replied changing the subject.


Clark snicker-snorted at him as they walked down stairs seeing Alyssa looking through her clutch. She was dressed in a Twenties inspired flapper dress with her hair in frozen waves and held up to look shorter.


She looked up giving her brother a hug then over at Nick giving him a small grin.


“Go easy on him Al.” Clark whispered into her ear. “He’s just afraid that he’s not good enough for you.”


Alyssa hugged her brother and sighed, “Ok…”


She broke away from him and took Nick by the hand out to the back patio. Once outside she pushed him up against the rough stucco wall and kissed him hard. She moved her hands to his belt then down over the front of him stroking him slowly through the fabric of his tuxedo pants. He groaned into the kiss and slumped against the wall. He’d missed her touch for too long. Just as he got into the kiss and her touch fully she pulled away.


“What the….” He said breathlessly.


She gave him a devious grin and checked her smeared makeup in her compact fixing it quickly. She walked back over to him pressing her body fully against him. “Don’t you ever doubt me again.” She said with fire in her eyes.


He looked at her seeing her completely in control of the situation and completely turned on by it. “I…I….I won’t….” He managed to sputter out.


She grinned that infamous grin of hers and replied, “Good boy.” And pushed away from him straightening out her dress and taking his hand as they walked back through the house and out to the cars.


He tried to shrug it off, but really it was damn difficult when all he wanted to do was violate her immediately and repeatedly infront of her entire family. That and walking with a hard-on was no easy feat either. Before he realized what was going on they all got into the cars heading off to the party at one of Scottsdale’s hottest clubs.


Once they arrived they walked in seeing all of Lori and Clark’s friends and colleagues. Even Lori’s family had shown up which was surprising since she hadn’t spoken to them in years.


“So I’m guessing that’s her family?” Nick asked seeing the very Irish looking brood.


Alyssa giggled, “Yep, Mom, Dad, and her sibs. Now darling you will dance with me right?” She said giving him a coy grin.


“Darling?”


She chuckled harder and batted her eye lashes. “Yes I’m channeling Jordan Baker to get into the 20s mood of illegal booze, jazz, and well men…” She said with a slight snicker.


“Man….singular.”


Alyssa grinned, “Only if you dance with me.”


He grinned back, “Well then I think we should get a drink first then head out to dance then.” They walked over to the bar ordering martini’s downing them quickly before he took her by the hand out on to the dance floor. He spun her around and dipped her low making her laugh at him.


Kellie watched them with a grin on her face seeing Brandon walk up downing a Jack and Coke with a pissed expression. She turned and stood in front of him. “Brandon right?”


He looked at her, “And you would be?”


She forked an eyebrow, “Keller Elizabeth Jackson. Alyssa’s best friend.”


Brandon looked her up and down for a moment, “I don’t believe we’ve met before.”


“We haven’t, and I’m here to tell you to stay away from her.”


He licked his lips and fiddled with his belt. He leaned in a little, “And whose going to stop me? You?”


She leaned in whispering in his ear, “If you so much as try to break them up…” She said getting closer letting her voice get raspy. “I’ll do everything in my power to make sure you never work in Hollywood again.” Kellie pulled away and walked back over to Aaron lacing their fingers.


“What was that?” He asked noting what had happened.


Kellie sighed and kissed him on the cheek, “Protecting my best friends baby.” She replied.


He grinned at her and kissed her hand.


Meanwhile Alyssa saw the display out of the corner of her eye concerned that Brandon was causing trouble. Nick turned her chin back to him. “Sugar what’s wrong?”


“Nothing.” She replied.


“Liar.” He said holding her close as a slow song came on.


She sighed, “Don’t worry about it. I’m just worried about Brandon causing a scene that’s all.”


About twenty minutes later, Alyssa took the mic and stood up looking out over all the tables of friends and loved ones there. “Hello everyone. I’m Alyssa the maid of honor. And myself and…” She paused as Nick stood up going over by her side.


“Nick, the best man.” He added with a grin.


“And we’re here to welcome everyone to Lori and Clark’s engagement party.” Alyssa said with a bright smile. “Let me tell you a little bit about my best friend Lori for a moment…” She began.
Chapter 19: Crime and Punishment... by Teri
Author's Notes:
lol If you didn't notice this is the chapter when Nick gets 'punished' there's no actual sex I kinda glossed over it since it's not all that important. The importance is the build-up so enjoy and I just looked around and saw there are 48 people who have this as a favorite story...wow....thank you! Also thanks to the genius of Mel (author of UMS) I have new life and renewed interest in the story again. So thank her with more reviews! And remember feed back makes me happy!!! And a happy author means more stories! lol
Chapter Nineteen: Crime and Punishment...

Chapter Nineteen: Crime and Punishment…

 

Alyssa and Nick walked into the hotel room they’d gotten for the night laughing a little. As soon as they were inside Alyssa stopped him closing the door by pushing his body against it. “You were very mean the other day to me. When you doubted my fidelity.”

 

 

He sighed looking at her, “I know and I’m sorry.”

 

 

“How sorry are you?” She asked with a fleeting grin.

 

 

He got a shocked look for a second, “I’m in for it aren’t I?”

 

 

She giggled and pulled him toward the bed. She knew getting a hotel room for the night would be a much better idea than staying at her childhood home. Besides she didn’t need everyone knowing the ‘punishment’ she had planned.

 

 

Nick sighed a little as he sat down on the bed kicking his shoes and socks.

 

 

Alyssa thought for a moment and pulled him off the bed and pushed him to sit on the couch. “Stay…” She commanded walking into the bathroom she unpinned her hair letting it fall in loose curls. She took off her make up and walked out to the couch. He grinned up at her looking at her as she took the hem of her dress bringing up slowly showing her lacy thigh highs and her black lace underwear. As soon as she brought it up she moved it back down getting a smirk on her face. “No, no no….”

 

 

He whined a little, “Baby…” He began but was cut off as Alyssa moved to place a knee on either side of his legs raising up on her knees as she placed her hand to his mouth.

 

 

“Shhh you’re not to speak unless spoken to understand?” She said keeping her voice firm and resolute. He shook his head ‘yes’ emphatically as she grinned. She leaned down sitting back onto his thighs and leaned in so close that their lips were barely brushing but she wouldn’t move any closer. He was afraid of making any moves on her at this point he knew it was useless to argue she had complete control over the situation.

 

 

Suddenly she got up and crossed her arms over her chest and brought her straps of her flapper dress down sliding it down and off of her. She grinned seeing his eyes light up at the sight of her stockings, lacy underwear and matching bra. Feeling bolder by the pure look of lust in his eyes she walked over straddling his hips once again.

 

 

Feeling her settle onto his lap he sighed a little looking into her eyes seeing them lighten a shade. He loved watching her eyes change shades as her moods would change. He went to speak and Alyssa raised her eyebrows at him as if to say ‘try me, I dare you’. She leaned in close watching him. “You want me don’t you?”

 

 

“Hell yes I do.” He replied.

 

 

She smirked, “I was hoping so.” She whispered before nibbling along his jaw. “I hate it when we fight…” She added near his ear. “Because then I don’t get to have you like this.”

 

 

He moaned softly feeling her bite along his neck. “I know and I hate fighting too. Seeing that hurt look on your face.”

 

 

She pulled back. “Which first?” She asked making him get a perplexed expression on his face. She laughed a little, “Pain or pleasure, which do you want.”

 

 

He gave her a smirk and replied, “Do they have to be only once?”

 

 

She giggled a little knowing that he’d be into this. “Mmm, so you’re saying you’re into pain.”

 

 

“What gave you the notion I wasn’t?” He shot back.

 

 

“Well then I’m going to have fun seeing your reaction.” Alyssa smirked.

 

 

He moved his hands up and down her back as she arched a little from the light touch. “Ticklish?”

 

 

She laughed a little, “No, just extremely sensitive on my back. You know that.” She scooted back a little unbuttoning his dress shirt. She frowned a little seeing the feet tattoos completely faded. “I really liked those tribal feet.”

 

 

“You know why I got them removed.”

 

 

“I know because of Jane.” She interjected giving him a soft look. “Anyways…” She said changing the subject as she un-tucked his shirt and moved for his belt, unbuckling it and unbuttoning his dress slacks. He smirked a little as she slowly drug down the zipper. “What are you smirking at?”

 

 

He laughed a little, “This is punishment eh?”

 

 

She pulled back a challenge in her eyes. “This is only the beginning lover.” She got up slowly motioning for him to stand. As he did he kicked off his pants and shrugged off his shirt. She moved him infront of the king size bed to where his calves were up against it. He stood for a moment looking at her and all of a sudden she shoved his shoulders making him fall back onto the soft bed. She chuckled at his shocked expression and climbed on him straddling his hips. Smirking down at him she took both of his wrists and placed them above his head. “Keep these here.” She commanded getting up going over to her purse she took out the thin black leather cuffs fasting one around each wrist and the other ends to the head board.

 

 

“Oh god.” He said closing his eyes.

 

 

Alyssa snickered. “I’ve been dying to use these on you.” Alyssa rasped straddling his hips again. She leaned down kissing his forehead then placing feathery kisses around his face to his jaw nibbling along it to his neck biting on it rather roughly making him yelp in surprise. She grinned at his reaction and began to rotate her hips a little making him groan and shudder. She moved off to the side pulling off his boxers dangling them on her finger in front of him.

 

 

“See now these are the only boxers I take off and they do not belong to Brandon.”

 

 

Seeing his eyes light up a little she tossed the boxers to the ground. She looked him up an down for a moment not believing how much had changed between them over the past two years. Starting slowly Alyssa moved a hand over him making him close his eyes resting his head back against the soft pillows slightly tugging on the restraints. Feeling bolder by the minute she moved her hand faster building him up. Just as began to get closer and closer she slowed a little until he was teetering on the edge. At that point she took her hand away and got off the bed going into the bathroom for a moment leaving him completely frustrated and baffled.

 

 

While in the bathroom she looked at herself in the mirror, giving her self a mental pep talk she kicked off her shoes and rolled off her thigh highs. She walked out smirking a little at his still silent gasps for air. She walked over to the mini-bar and opened it grabbing the first thing she saw. Which just happened to be a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a spoon. With an idea forming in her head she walked back over to the bed with the pint opening it taking a scoop out and eating it getting herself used to the cold sweet taste. Alyssa placed one knee on either side of his waist and took a sizeable scoop of ice cream and placed it smack dab on his chest making him yelp from the sudden cold.

 

 

“Ali what the fuck?” He asked looking at the dessert beginning to drip all over him.

 

 

She grinned putting the ice cream on the night stand then leaning down eating the melting ice cream off his chest. She bit her bottom lip as she looked back up at him seeing his eyes shut tightly. She smirked a little and grabbed the pint again taking a scoop and putting it on his naval making him shiver and bite his lower lip to hold back the yelp from the cold. Not paying attention to his face she lowered herself and slowly ate it off his stomach. As she did so she moved back lifting her hips up and over his coming to rest on his legs. She took the pint and scooped out the last bit of ice cream and put the spoon in her mouth then tossed the carton and spoon aside. She looked up at his expression and inwardly grinned as she leaned down taking him in her mouth. He flinched and bit his lip harder drawing a little blood but he couldn’t decide if that was just from the cold, or from what she was doing. She moved her mouth on him making him groan loudly and shiver. She knew from the build-up that he was insanely close. Just as she felt him begin to tense she pulled her mouth off of him and look up.

 

 

His eyes shot open the minute she moved her mouth away. He looked at her with a question in his eyes.

 

 

Alyssa giggled, “Promise never to doubt my loyalty again?”

 

 

He shook his head ‘yes’, “I promise, I promise.” He said feeling completely frustrated.

 

 

She grinned and got up untying him. As he began to sit up rubbing his sore wrists that were swollen and red she took his hand and led him into the bathroom starting the shower. Once it got to the right temperature she stripped down and shoved him into the shower. He gave her and odd look as he stepped under the hot spray. “You needed to get clean, ice cream smells nasty on skin.”

 

 

He looked at her over his shoulder. “And you would know this how?”

 

 

“Lori.”

 

 

“Clark warned me you might do something like this…”

 

 

Alyssa smirked, “Like what?”

 

 

“Something that would make me start calling you Mistress.” He said turning as he saw Alyssa’s entire face light up at the name. “You like that?”

 

 

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned up, “I love it when you call me that.” Just before their lips met.

 

 

The next morning…

 

 

Nick rolled over feeling around for Alyssa’s warm body but was met with a small note.

 

 

Went to see dad. I’ll meet you back at the house. Love you.

Love

Ali

 

He grinned a little relaxing back into the bed. The night before had really worn him out. He never thought Alyssa would actually do all of it but then again she always and continually surprised him like that. Not to mention the completely explosive sex they had in the shower afterwards. He loved that she had this insane wild side that only he really got to see. Like he had an entire piece of her all to himself that no one else could have. Of course at that very moment Brandon’s face flashed through his mind. Oh how he couldn’t stand him. His cocky demeanor, the way he looked at Alyssa like a piece of meat. It disgusted him. Getting an idea he got up and got dressed heading back to the house.

 

 

Meanwhile Alyssa walked slowly through the cemetery a bouquet of white roses in her hand as she located her father’s burial plot. She looked at the tombstone and wiped a tear away from her eye. She knelt down next to the head stone and began to speak. “Hi dad…it’s Ali, I know you can’t hear me, but I just needed to talk to you.” She let out a shaky sigh and continued, “I know I haven’t been here much to visit…. It’s just too painful, to know that you’re gone. That I don’t get to see you whenever I want anymore. I know I’m being selfish. You’re sitting up in heaven with no pain, no cancer and here I am wishing you were here because I need you dad. If you’ve been watching the past year or so you’ve noticed a lot has changed with me. You’ve seen my screw ups and my triumphs….” She said thinking a moment laughing to herself. “And hopefully knowing you, you turn away when it’s a more private moment between Nick and myself.” She said placing the flowers in the little holder. “I love you dad. I never said it enough when you were alive. Come to think of it I didn’t really say it much at all. But Nick taught me what love is even if he doesn’t know what it is himself. He loves me dad, and I’m the happiest girl in the world because I have the love I’ve always craved. But I had to lose you to see what great love I had in front of me. And that’s an unfair trade in a lot of ways.”

 

 

She paused for a moment hearing a quiet breeze run through the empty and eerily quiet cemetery. “Mom hides her grief well you know. She misses you so terribly. You’re her soul mate, her match and God stole you from her. I used to be religious. Do you remember when we used to go to church every Sunday for noon mass? I stopped believing when Collin was taken from me. And then you. Why do the people I love get taken from me? Is that going to happen to Nick to? Will someone realize that I’m not good enough and take him?” She asked as the tears began to flow freely.

 

 

Nick saw her next to the headstone and quietly walked up behind her listening to her one-sided conversation.

 

 

“I love him dad, I really do. And what do I do? I go and fuck it up not once but twice. Honestly dad, I loved Collin, but this….this is what love really is. I love it when he smiles at me. Or when he tells me that he loves me. Because I know I found him dad, I found the one person that a father hopes a daughter can find. I found the place where I belong. And that’s with him.”

 

 

Nick spoke up making Alyssa jump at his words, “You really mean that?”

 

 

Alyssa held a hand to her chest and turned to him. “Yes.” She said looking at him as she stood up.

 

 

He closed the gap between them and gave her a searing kiss. As they pulled apart he replied, “I love you so much.”

 

 

She grinned at him, “You make me so happy do you know that?”

 

 

He smiled back and took her hand, “Come on let’s go back to the house and hang out with everyone.” He suggested.

 

 

As they were leaving Alyssa stopped by another headstone that read.

 

 

Collin Anthony Chambers

1983-2001

A beloved son, and fierce friend

 

She looked at it for a moment then brought her free hand to her lips kissing her fingertips then placing them on the head stone.

 

 

Nick tensed a little as he witnessed this he knew it shouldn’t bother him because it was Collin’s grave and even dead he’d always have a piece of Alyssa’s heart. But it still gnawed at his jealousy.

 

 

Alyssa turned to him and smiled a little as they walked out of the cemetery to each of their cars. “Meet you back at the house?” She said as she leaned up giving him a short but sweet kiss.

 

 

He relaxed at that moment and gave her a grin, “Yep besides you and I have to gang up on Lori and Clark today.”

 

 

She chuckled at him as she got into her dad’s old truck starting it up then heading on her way back to the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Chapter 20: Stag And Hen by Teri
Author's Notes:
So you're seriously going to hate Brandon now. lol HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to MellzBellz! She was my beta reader on this chap and it's by far the best I think! And as always R&R

Ps Stag and Hen is the british terms for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties (well sorta lol)
Chapter Twenty: Stag and Hen




Alyssa giggled a little as she looked through some old photo albums of her mom and dad. She busted out laughing seeing her dad with shaggy dark brown hair, goatee guitar in his lap, her mom in a bell bottoms and a rose colored glasses looking at him adoringly.


Mary walked over seeing what her youngest was looking at. Grinning she walked over and sat with her sharing the album between their laps. “My God, your father…handsome wasn’t he?”


Alyssa sighed quelling her giggles for a moment. “Yeah, he was. I just love this picture…”


“Why honey?”


“Because I have one like it of Nick and me.” Alyssa said pulling out the smaller album laying the similar pictures side by side. In the more recent photo, Alyssa and Nick were sitting on a hotel bed Indian style. Nick had his guitar out strumming on it a little while Alyssa had this glowing look on her face as she watched him as she had her chin resting upon his shoulder and one arm draped around his shoulders.


“You know what I see?” Mary said looking at the pictures then to her daughter.


Alyssa looked up meeting her mother’s gaze. “What?”


“Soul mates…it’s rare to find that. I was so lucky to find your father. And it hasn’t been the same since he’s been gone…”Mary explained getting a little choked up.


Alyssa’s expression softened, “Momma…” She said bringing her mother into a hug. “I miss him too.”


Mary let the tears flow freely something she’d only done in private over the past year. Pulling back a little she began, “Don’t you give him up. Don’t you ever give up on the love you and Nick have. It’s a blessing darling daughter. God works in mysterious ways you know I’ve always said that. But honey you never know how much time you really have…”


“I know…”


“No I mean it Alyssa listen to me damnit.” She commanded with tears streaking down her face. Alyssa looked at her mom with concern in her eyes. “I love your father…I always will. And it does my heart so much good to see my children, the only pieces I have left of Jamie, find that same love.”


Alyssa hugged her mom, “I promise momma. I won’t let anything come between us.”


Just then Olivia came walking in and smiled endearingly at her mother and sister, the two most influential women in her life. “Having a sappy girl moment with out the token lesbian?” She joked trying to lighten the mood.


Alyssa and Mary looked up chuckling through tears and held their arms out for Olivia to join them She moved over to hug them both.


Mary sighed and chuckled, “Ah…my two girls.” She said pulling back to caress their faces. She grinned and got up going to the kitchen to do dishes.


Back on the couch Olivia and Alyssa stared at each other for a minute wondering about her quick departure. They shrugged it off then relaxed back on the couch giggling a little.


“So what do we have planned for Lori tonight?” Olivia asked looking over to her sister.


Alyssa shrugged, “Margaritas and trash talking I assume.”


“Sweet.”


“I have a question for you.” Alyssa asked with a perplexed expression.


“What?”


“Well since we’re splitting up the couples tonight, does that mean Angela is hanging with the boys or us?”


Olivia erupted in laughter at her sister’s question, “Such a silly girl…”


Later on…


Nick stood contemplating over the mental list of things he wanted to bring to the hotel. “Clothes…check…Tux…check………”


Alyssa came walking into the room smirking at him. “DVD’s?”


“Ah! Thank you!” He exclaimed with a grin.


Getting an idea she walked over to her bookshelf pulling out a case and walking over holding it out for him. “This is for you.”


He took it giving her an odd look. “And it would be what exactly?”


“Your permanent reminder of just how freaky your girlfriend is.” She said with a snarky grin as she walked back over past her bookshelf where she had kept it for safe keeping, knowing that no one would go looking for it in her mother’s house let alone her bookshelf.


He looked at it glancing between the disc and her a few times before the realization hit. “Holy fuck I forgot we taped that.”


“Kellie and I didn't forget.” She replied as he placed it into the side pocket of the bag. “Just keep it in a safe place lord knows I do not want to be the next internet porn queen like a certain ex of yours.”


He smiled, “I will…” He said leaning over giving her a kiss. He placed the clear plastic DVD case on the bed mentally noting to put it away after he packed and walked over grabbing a stack of DVD’s tossing them on the bed as he walked around grabbing odds and ends like a deck of cards, and his laptop. He walked over grabbing all the DVD’s except one and placed them into the bag leaving a clear plastic case in Alyssa’s night stand drawer with her stash of cosmo and candy to be put away later.


“So what do you guys have planned for Clark?”


“Poker and movies probably. I’d get a stripper but he said no.”


Alyssa snorted and bit her lower lip. “Well Clark is in for a big surprise then.”


Nick looked at her his eyes widening. “You didn’t…”


“Lori and I did…we ordered strippers for all of you but don’t tell anyone it’s a surprise.”


“Where did you get em from?”


“Babes Cabaret, you know Jenna’s place.”


Nick gave her an odd look and shook his head. “So why tell me?”


“Just to give you a heads up.” She said with a smirk before heading down to the living room with the girls.


A few hours later…


“I’m all in…” Nick said pushing his sizeable chip stack into the center of the table.


“I fold…” Clark said in defeat placing his cards down as everyone except Brandon did the same.


“I’m all in too.” He said pushing his stack in as well.


They stared each other down for a second before Aaron called for them to show their hands. Brandon went first, “Not bad…” Nick said to his straight of clubs. “But not good enough…” He said as he laid out a straight flush.


“Dude I’m never playing poker against you.” Clark declared as Nick counted up the chips arranging them in neat stacks.


Nick chuckled, “It’s all about the poker face man.” He replied as there was a knock on the door. He grinned a little. “Okay Clark don’t shoot me, this was Lori and Alyssa’s doing not mine.” He said as he went for the door. He opened it seeing the four women on the other side.


“Hello boys…” One of them said as they walked in.


Meanwhile…


“And they should be getting their strippers by now.” Lori said glancing at her watch.


Alyssa snorted bringing up her margarita glass taking a long sip.


“So who’d you get for Nick?” Kellie asked laughing a little.


“Blonde girl in a school girl outfit. Figured he’d like it since he does have a weakness for blondes.”


Olivia snickered a little, “And yet he’s with a brunette.”


“Because he loves me. If I were blonde he would have dated me ages ago.”


Angela choked on her margarita. “So is that why when I first met him he hit on me?”


They all erupted in giggles at the comment. “Yeah I’d assume so.” Alyssa replied, “He had no clue that you prefer boobs over dick.” She adding bluntly.


Angela cracked up, “My God Alyssa I remember when you first found out about me and Oli all shy and asking questions. And now you’re so comfortable.”


“Why not? I love you and my Oli, I was just curious and didn’t fully understand it back then, now I do.”


Kellie sipped her daquiri and laughed at Alyssa. “So how’d Nick’s ‘punishment’ turn out?” She asked making Alyssa grin.


“Ice cream body shots. And amazing sex in the shower.”


Jenna giggled at her, “Look at you miss ‘I have sex like a porn star’”


“Well I’m a freak what can I say. I like being an exhibitionist. I can get away with a hell of a lot more that way.” Alyssa reasoned pouring herself more of the margarite mixture from the large pitcher. “Besides look at me on a normal day at work and you’d never know I’m like this. I like to keep my private life private.”


Back at the hotel…


Nick walked into his room sitting on the couch as the stripper aptly named Brandie followed him.


“You’re the best man correct.”


“Yep.” He said fidgeting a little.


She noticed his nervousness and put a hand on his shoulder, “Surely it’s not your first lap dance.”


He chuckled, “No, just my first one in a while. Usually it’s my girlfriend…” He muttered.


“Lucky girl.” She said as she moved over to him straddling his lap as she began her lapdance.


Nick relaxed a little figuring it was ok to enjoy it if Alyssa had even gone as far as to order him a stripper. He slouched down on the couch watching Brandie work as he went for his wallet to tip her she stopped him.


“There’s no need, your girl covered it already.”


He nodded and tossed his wallet across the way onto the bed. As much as he wanted to enjoy this it just wasn’t the same without Alyssa. True he’d gotten lapdances before without her but he just kept wishing it were Alyssa on him and not Brandie.


A few hours later…


“Dude our women kick ass don’t they?” Clark asked looking over at Nick and Aaron.


“That they do.” Nick replied with a lazy grin.


“I can’t believe they ordered strippers.” Aaron remarked smirking.


Nick laughed a little at him and got up grabbing beer for everyone. At that moment Clark stood up and announced. “Let’s watch some movies!”


Nick turned for a moment and replied, “I brought a bunch of DVD’s in my bag.”


Clark walked over to Nick’s bag opening the bag to look for the DVD’s. He pulled out the small clear plastic DVD case and shrugged figuring it was a burned copy of a movie. He put it in the player and started it up. Clark got a perplexed expression when he saw Alyssa and Kellie appear on the screen in what looked to be a bedroom in lingerie.


"This is for you…"


"And it’s only for tonight…"



Nick swung around and his eyes widened as he set the bottles down and lunged for the remote. Aaron grabbed it just before Nick got to it and said. “Holy shit dude I gotta see this.”


“Turn it off!” Nick exclaimed lunging for his brother.


Brandon sat there in amazement for a moment as the movie still played seeing Alyssa and Kellie kissing.
Clark grabbed the remote from Aaron and turned it off.


“Awww man!” Aaron grimaced disappointedly.


Clark rolled his eyes and looked at Nick, “You had a threesome with my sister and her best friend and you taped it?!” He asked his tone rising in incredulity.


“Ummm yeah…”


Clark huffed a little bit, “Ok you fucking my baby sister I can take as long as I don’t see it. But god damn Nick what if it leaked out? Kellie’s a student and Alyssa’s a professor do you know how that would look to the University heads?”


Nick shrugged taking the DVD and putting it into the side pocket of his bag. “We didn’t think about that. Honestly I thought I’d left it in Alyssa’s room must have gotten mixed up.”


Clark clenched his fists trying his best to reign in his anger. Lori would have a hissy fit and fall in it if he gave Nick a black eye before the wedding. “Nick you have no idea how much I want to pummel your ass.”


“I thought you were ok with me and Ali?”


“I’m ok with it, I just don’t want it broadcasted over the internet! It could ruin her career. It could ruin yours!” He exclaimed.


Nick sighed. “I’m sorry man seriously I had no intention of anyone seeing that ever.”


“Yeah and I’m sure Pam and Tommy felt the same way about theirs.” Clark replied gulping his beer and flopped down onto the couch.


Late that night…


Brandon slowly crept out of his room eyeing Aaron asleep on the couch. He snuck past him slowly and made his way to Nick’s room slowly opening the door stopping it at the slightest creak. Seeing that the sound had not disturbed Nick’s slumber he gingerly moved inside going to Nick’s bag. Carefully he located the infamous DVD and put it in his pocket. He closed the bag as quietly as he could and turned to the door freezing in place when he heard Nick’s body shift amidst the starchy hotel sheets. On his way out of the room he spied Nick’s sidekick pocketing it as the idea solidified in his head. With a smirk on his lips he walked out of the room to the elevator texting Alyssa.


Need to talk…meet you outside the house.


Meanwhile Alyssa jumped when her sidekick buzzed on her night stand. She laughed at herself for being too caught up in the message boards to notice anything around her. For Alyssa going on the fan boards was her guilty pleasure, something she didn’t share with Nick. She loved going on there seeing what the fans had to say. She knew not all of them would like her and wasn’t the least bit surprised at the few ‘slut’ comments thrown her way. She was also thankful to the many fans and some moderators that came down on the haters for being rude. Of course there were rumors and pictures of her hanging out with Brandon. But most of the rumors if not all were complete rubbish. When her phone buzzed again she picked it up looking at it seeing Nick had sent her a text.


She grinned reading it figuring he was looking for a late night hookup and got into her silk night gown and black silk robe leaving it open. She walked down the stairs and padded to the patio out front leaning on the wall a little. When she a car pull up she thought for a moment, ‘Maybe Nick borrowed a car.’ Then when she saw Brandon step out she immediately covered herself wrapping the silk rob around her snugly.


Brandon smirked as he walked up seeing her in lingerie practically. “Well now that’s a pleasant surprise.”


Alyssa held the material close to her some how feeling threatened. “What do you want Brandon. And why are you here? Nick….”


“Couldn’t make it. Besides he wouldn’t want to hear my proposition.”


Alyssa gave him a wary look, never before had she been so uneasy around him but there was something about the look on his face, how he’d led her to believe it was Nick that wanted to see her.


“Proposition?”


Brandon grinned and stood up on the porch. “You’re boy should learn to keep better care of private recordings.” He said bringing out the DVD.


Alyssa’s eyes grew wide for a moment, “What do you mean?” She replied coolly.


He chuckled, “I know what’s on here…and don’t think I’m above showing the Dean at UCLA this.”


“You wouldn’t…” Alyssa challenged.


He snorted at her, “Ha…but I would…how do you think the dean is going to feel when a professor is caught on tape having a lurid threesome with a student.”


“You can’t prove that…”


“I have this, it’s all the proof I need. That is….unless you do what I want.”


Alyssa breathed heavily for a moment, “And that would be?”


“Sleep with me. And I’ll give it back.”


Her eyes widened at his revelation. “Are you kidding me?”


“Nope. You put yourself in a compromising position here. If you do what I ask you’ll lose Nick. If you don’t, you’ll lose your career.”


Alyssa’s eyes went dark at the mention of losing either her career or Nick. How could Brandon do this to her? She thought they were friends. “How could you do this to me?”


“You ruined everything I had with Courtney. You made me fall so completely for you only to be taken away because you love someone else. It’s about time you had something taken from you.” He reasoned.


At this Alyssa grew very silent, this is the thing she’d been worried about when she’d gone to the cemetery. Having to choose what she should lose out of her life. Her lover, or what she’s worked so hard to build.


Brandon noticed the ghostly shadow washing over her face as she let some the robe open leaving the top her collarbone bare and smirked leaning in brushing his fingers across her smooth skin he stated lowly, “Sleep on it…I’ll ask you tomorrow night at the reception.” He looked at her eyes and then walked away getting back in the car and driving back to the hotel leaving her alone in her thoughts contemplating just what exactly her options were.
Chapter 21: Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Teri
Author's Notes:
Yay another update! Thanks to Presley and Mel! You two...I would be stuck in writer's block land without you guys beta reading for me. Anywhoo, see the chappie title PAY ATTENTION to it ok? Especially the meaning behind it and the lyrics LOL. As always R&R!!!


OHHH! And all you SWIB lovers, if ya hadn't noticed this is part of a series called Nothing's Impossible, and I am making a separate section a weekly featured character. This week it's Alyssa.

Anyways lol feedback makes me uber happy and based on the gi-normous amount of feedback I got from chapter 20 I figured I'd be nice and post this one as soon as I finished it.
Chapter Twenty-One: Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off.



“So I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman, swing the focus. In case I lost my train of thought, where was it that we last left off? (Let's pick up, pick up). Oh now I do recall, we were just getting to the part. Where the shock sets in, and the stomach acid finds a new way to make you get sick. I hope you didn't expect that you'd get all of the attention. Now let's not get selfish. Did you really think I’d let you kill this chorus?” (**) Panic! At The Disco


Alyssa turned over her mind restless, her body wired. She couldn’t help but keep repeating Brandon’s words over and over in her head. Couldn’t believe it really. Sufficiently miffed she got up grabbing a pen and a legal pad she sat by her window and began to write out her thoughts.


So I’m totally fucked…I can’t believe Brandon, I thought he was my friend. Obviously he’s not. I can’t believe all this time he’s been planning something like this. Honestly I didn’t see this coming. I mean yeah in the back of my mind I sort of did. But it’s one of those things that you never fully expect. I guess it all leads back to the night I really fucked up everything…


*Flashback*


Alyssa opened her door, eyes red and puffy. “Hi…”


Brandon walked inside with concern on his face as he gave her a light hug. He pulled back a little and gave her a soft look, “How are you doing?”


She pulled away and walked over to her living room of her condo pacing a little as he moved to sit down. “I can’t believe he’d do this to me. After all we’ve been through.” She began as the tears came flooding back.


Brandon sat and listened to her rant, cry, and felt for her. After an hour of just sitting quietly he said, “I’m sorry he doesn’t deserve a wonderful girl like you.”


Alyssa snorted grabbing her bottle of Jack Daniels taking a large swig. Setting the bottle on the table she sat down on the couch a little ways away from him. “I love him…” She said putting her head in her hands.


Brandon placed a hand tentatively on her back rubbing slowly. “It’s ok Alyssa. You’re gonna be ok.” He said keeping his voice low.


A few seconds later Alyssa stood up, “Sorry I’m being a terrible hostess, do you want something to drink?”


Brandon nodded a little, “Sure beer if you’ve got it.”


Alyssa went into the kitchen grabbing a beer, a couple of shot glasses and her bottle of Hypnotiq. She didn’t exactly plan on getting completely trashed but at this point she could care less. The love of her life was off in Florida cheating on her with God knows how many women and she had to sit at home like an idiot. She took her items into her living room and put them out on the table. She handed him his beer then poured them each a shot of hypnotiq. After downing the blueish liquid she hiccupped a little and laughed a little.


“You might want to slow do there.” Brandon advised, he didn’t want her to get sick and end up spending the night in the bathroom holding her hair back.


Alyssa shot him a glance already three sheets to the wind. “I’m…..fine…” She said slurring her words a little.


Brandon sipped his beer as he watched her. For so long now he’d been extremely attracted to her. And he didn’t find it all that surprising when he found himself wanting to be with her all the time, even moreso than with Courtney. She made him feel more human than an actor. He listened to her talk for another hour or so. “What do you see in him?” He asked feigning that he drank more than he actually did.


Alyssa sighed, “He was my world. My lover, my bestfriend…and what does he do? He goes and fucks around on me. I should have figured it would happen he’s done it to every other woman he’s ever dated.”


“Obviously he doesn’t care about you as much as you care about him.”


Alyssa thought a moment, “You know you’re right.” She remarked moving closer to him on the couch. “I never thought about it that way but now that you mention it….I think you’re absolutely right.” She managed to say as she leaned up brushing her lips across his. It was partially out of curiosity she’d always wondered in a way what he’d kiss like. But mostly she wanted to give Nick a dose of his own medicine she thought. Though in the back of her mind she screamed at herself to stop that she was making herself to be no better than Nick, a cheater. She pulled away and sighed a little seeing the surprised expression on Brandon’s face. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that, you should go home to Courtney.”


Brandon looked at her, seeing the slight guilt register on her face. He knew now would be the time to make his move. “Court and I aren’t doing so well. She just doesn’t get me you know?”


Alyssa nodded in response. As he leaned over and kissed her again. At this point Alyssa was beyond the ability to say no. She deepened the kiss wrapping her arms around his neck as he brought her closer to him pressing her body against his. Alyssa blocked everything out of her mind as she opened her mouth sweeping her tongue out to meet his. She heard him groan softly at the sensation of her tongue stud. She got up for a minute breaking the kiss and took his hand leading him up the stairs at which she stumbled on in her drunken stupor. He caught her with one arm and helped her up the rest of the way. Once reaching her bedroom he backed her up to the side of the bed kissing her again as she crossed her arms in front of her bringing her tee-shirt up and over her head breaking the kiss momentarily to do so then watched him remove his shirt as well. She noticed the differences between Brandon and Nick. Brandon looked like he spent the whole of his days in a gym. Whereas Nick looked like he spent most of his time on a surfboard. Feeling extremely frisky from the vast amounts of alcohol she’d imbibed she reached for his jeans unbuttoning them as he kicked off his shoes and reached for her jean shorts unbuttoning them as well as they both continued to kiss.


Once stripped down to their underwear Brandon moved his kisses to her shoulder as he reached around her body unclasping and removing her bra. He backed away for a second lifting her up and onto her bed following her himself. He moved for a second hooking his thumbs into her underwear pulling them down and off of her tossing them across the room. Alyssa moved to her nightstand getting a condom out and dropped it on the bed at her side. She was a little surprised when instead of beginning foreplay he took the condom, and turned around sitting on the bed as he lifted up a little to remove his boxers and placed the condom on himself. Once he finished he turned and climbed on top of her kissing her slowly as he moved her thighs apart and slid inside of her making them break the kiss and moan softly.


He began moving slowly as her hands buried themselves in his hair as she moved with him. They picked up their pace as he rested his forehead against her neck for a moment as she moved her hands to his back digging her nails into his shoulders making him yelp in pain. Brandon looked up at her as he moved harder and faster on her as she threw her head back and growled softly as her body began the shake. A few more thrusts and he felt his release come on strong as he moaned into her neck. They collapsed into the bed and he rolled off of her to the side discarding the condom in the trash. Both out of breath as exhaustion overtook them both.



*End Flashback*


To this day I don’t know exactly what I was thinking. Maybe it was revenge, maybe a strange curiosity to know another man’s touch that had been brought out by the alcohol I’d drank. Come to think of it, I’d always been curious of what it would be like with another man. Would I have the same chemistry, the same passion as Nick and myself? But I never thought I’d end up acting on it.


Maybe the thought of Nick cheating was just an excuse, a get out of jail free card so I could see what it’s like……Okay okay I’m totally talking out of my ass here. Yeah I’d been curious but NO WAY IN HELL would I normally have even considered going through with it.


Honestly I wish it never would have happened. And it’s worse that I lied to Nick, that Brandon had made the first move, when it was really me. That’s why the slut and whore comments don’t faze me, because honestly I’ve called myself that ever since it happened.


The more and more I think about it, the more disgusted at myself that I get. I need to tell…



Alyssa jumped when she heard something hit her window. She looked up seeing something hit it again. Curious she got up and looked out her window seeing Nick there standing in his camo-shorts, flip-flops and a tee-shirt. Her expression immediately went from pensive and depressed to happy with a beaming smile on her face. “What are you doing here?” She whisper-yelled.


He grinned, “I needed to see you.” He replied back.


Her smile grew and she responded with, “Okay, go to the patio door I’ll meet you there.” She left the window and quickly cleaned up a little running into her bathroom she spritzed on perfume still in the sexy nightgown from earlier. She quietly padded down the stairs and to the patio doors. She opened them quietly letting him inside before shutting and locking them again. She moved to hug him holding him tightly to her as he wrapped his arms around her.


“Wow I’m glad I came over.” He said with a grin.


She gave a weak smile in return and looked up in his blue eyes, “Why didn’t you call?”


He sighed following her up the stairs and into her bedroom, “Had the nightmare again……”


“And are you actually going to tell me this time?” She asked sitting on her bed as he closed the door, joining her a moment later. She knew that he'd been having recurring nightmares but he'd never told her what they were about either.


“I walk in on you and Brandon having sex.” He finally admitted seeing her face go white like she’d seen a ghost. “What’s wrong?” He asked.


She looked up at him taking his hands into hers, “I need to own up to some things I’ve been keeping from you. Some secrets that I can’t hold in any longer…”


His brow furrowed in confusion and worry as he nodded motioning for her to proceed.


“And you won’t like it…”


He sighed and brought her into a hug, “Just tell me the truth, that’s all I ask.”


She backed away a little knowing he wasn’t going to like what she had to say. “I lied to you…that night when I slept with Brandon…he didn’t make the first move…”She said pausing a little seeing the recognition run across his face. “I did.”


His face grew stern and a little stand-offish. “Why?”


She bit her lower lip, “There’s a lot of reasons. One, I was drunk, two I had thought you were cheating, and three…” She paused closing her eyes. “I was curious.”


At that moment he felt like he’d been hit in the stomach. “Curious?” He asked looking at her.


“In the back of my mind I’d always been curious to know what it would be like to be with another man. To see how different it is than when I’m with you.”


“So you’re saying that it was all just so you could cheat for real?” He asked with a pained expression.


Alyssa shook her head ‘no’, “Maybe it was partially, I don’t know, but that’s why I’ve been beating myself up about this for so long. I feel like I did really cheat, and under normal circumstances, if Rob hadn’t have told me that and if I hadn’t have drank so much. It wouldn’t have ever crossed my mind to actually do it.”


He thought a moment seeing the pain in her eyes at keeping this bottled up for so long. He shook his head trying to rid himself of the thoughts that were plaguing his imagination. “You love me right?”


She sighed and moved to him, “More than anything…”


He grinned a little and kissed her forehead. “I love you too.”


Alyssa bit her lower lip and pulled back a little, “If I had to I’d give you up to save your career you know that right?” She said subtley dropping the hint at the decision she had to make.


“Why would you say something like that?” He asked looking even more confused than before her comment coming straight out of left field to him.


She sighed a little looking at him, “Because if per chance if it came down to your career or me, I’d give you up because I love you just that much.”


“But why would you say that?” He questioned.


“Don’t worry about it now…” She said putting her hand up to the back of his neck. “Just remember that I love you.” She said pulling him into an intense kiss. She moved closer to him as they deepened the kiss.


His earlier confusion forgotten he pulled her into his lap smelling her faint perfume. He grinned and pulled back a little, “You didn’t have to get all girlie for me.” He remarked noting her silk nightgown and light flirty perfume.


She grinned at him and said, “I like getting girlie for you…”


He chuckled at her and nuzzled her neck nipping at it lightly.


She groaned a bit at the contact of his teeth to her skin as she managed to whisper out, “Make love to me…”


He pulled back smirking a little before bringing her mouth to his in a kiss as his reply. She sighed into the kiss as he moved his hands to her shoulders slowly sliding his hands over the thin straps making them fall down as he moved down her arms bringing them to wrap around his neck. He moved his hands to the lacy bottom of her night gown gathering it up slowly bringing it up.


She broke the kiss and grinned raising her arms as he lifted the silk and lace up and off her tossing it to the ground leaving her skin bare.


He pulled her into a kiss again and leaned her back onto the bed before moving up a moment to remove his shirt as Alyssa grabbed at his shorts unbuttoning them and slipping them off.


“Do you ever wear underwear anymore?” Alyssa remarked with a smirk.


Nick chuckled at her and replied, “You don’t seem to mind.” She giggled a little at him as he moved them back to lay on the bed. As he moved to kiss her again her hands moved to the back of his neck. All the while his hand trailed down to her hip then to her inner thigh tracing her tattoo as she moaned lightly into the kiss. He leaned up a little breaking the intense lip-lock as he slipped his fingers up and across her making her throw her head back and a low gutteral groan escape her mouth. He smirked and nibbled on the hollow of her throat as he continued to torture her with his hand. Feeling extremely impatient Alyssa reached down and stroked her hand over him in increasing pressure making him shudder and growl into her skin. “Baby don’t do that…”


“Just make love to me already.” She sighed out of breath as her body began to shudder a bit.


He looked up into her eyes, “Don’t you want me to……?” He trailed off knowing how much they both enjoyed foreplay.


She shook her head, “As much as I enjoy what you do to me, I just need you right now.”


He grinned and settled himself between her legs kissing her as he slowly slid inside making her sigh in relief and him groan. He stayed still for a few moments breaking the kiss he looked down at her seeing her long dairk hair splayed out over the pillows as she wrapped her legs up around his waist.


“What?” She asked brushing the hair off of his forehead as she watched him studying her.


“I love the way you look right now…so calm, and beautiful…” He managed to say.


“You’re such a sap…but I love you anyways” She replied leaning up to press her lips to his in a heated kiss.

No longer being able to deny the need within them he began moving against her rocking slowly back and forth making her back arch up off the bed as she gasped for breath and attempted to muster the strength to moan in satisfaction. She held onto him tighter with her whole body fearing that this would be the last time that she’d ever have him like this. She knew now what she had to do to rid themselves of Brandon forever. And it may well be the demise of all the love she saw in those eyes of his. Feeling their orgasms approaching he pressed his forehead to hers as he guided them to a unhurried and lingering release. They collapsed on the bed in an exhausted thouroughly satisfied tangle on the bed. He rolled to her side pulling her against his chest as he traced her scar on her wrist with his fingertips feeling her body relax and breathing slow as she drifted off to dreamland with him not far behind her.
Chapter 22: Attack Of The Bridezilla!! by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hey all Teri here with Chapter 22!! Anyways I finally launched my website, still working out the kinks but go check it out! Mel will be posting there as well as Tree2583 (Teresa) the Friends and More author. Also a huge thank you to Mel for including me in the Sexcapades project so look for an update on that in the near future as well! Oh! and Moppy thank you for the idea for the first part of this chapter hehe! As always R&R!!!
Chapter Twenty-Two: Attack of the Bridezilla!!!


Nick walked around the reception mingling with various guests as he looked for Alyssa who had gone MIA a few minutes before. “Have you seen Ali?” He asked.


Clark gave him a shrug and replied, “Nah man haven’t seen her since we had the pictures taken.”


Nick nodded and headed towards the guesthouse hearing scuffling and Alyssa exclaiming.


“Stop it! Brandon get off of me.” Growing worried he rounded the corner and entered the guesthouse seeing Brandon dressed in the blue and red Superman outfit, pinning Alyssa beneath him on the couch as she fought against him with the red cape billowing around them.


“Get your hands off of her.” Nick shouted.


Brandon stood and smirked at him putting his fists on his waist puffing up his chest a little to proudly display the large red ‘S’ emblazoned across it, “And what are you going to do about it.” He said giving him a cocky attitude.


Nick balled up his fist and clocked Brandon straight in the jaw knocking Nick back as if he’d punched a brick wall. Undeterred Nick moved around the room opening a desk drawer letting a green glow come out. He grabbed the glowing rock of Kryptonite, as Brandon’s face grew white with fear. “Oh yeah you recognize this don’t you? I figured I may need it if you ever tried to make a play for my girl.” He said moving towards Brandon who began backing up.


Brandon moved away tripping over the couch arm his big red boots flying up into the air as his large 6 foot 4 frame falling hard against the carpet. Nick walked over standing over him and began hitting Brandon with the rock as Brandon yelped in pain slumping to the ground as his skin bruised, scraped and began to bleed.


Feeling weaker and weaker by the moment Brandon pled for Nick to stop as he crawled out of the guesthouse to the edge of the pool.


Nick pulled Brandon to a kneeling position breaking off a shard of the rock. He glanced at the green shank and brushed the cape aside stabbing him in the side with it. Then pushed him into the deep end of the pool as he chuckled diabolically to himself “So long Superman….” He said as Brandon limp lifeless form sank to the bottom.


Nick looked up as the entire guest stared at him, and Alyssa ran out her eyes wide in shock. Clark stepped forward and began clapping as the rest of the guests did the same.


Some yelling, “Yeah way to show that asshole!”


And others, “Finally someone whacked him!”


Feeling triumphant Nick pulled Alyssa to him giving her a kiss as the guests erupted in applause.


Alyssa pulled back a little wrapping his tie around her fingers. “That was so hot, you defending me…makes me want to take you right here.” She said in a low seductive voice as she pulled him by the tie into the guesthouse locking the door behind them.



Still locked inside his vivid dream Nick shifted on the bed smirking to himself in his slumber, as he held on tighter to Alyssa’s body beside him.


Meanwhile…


Lori scurried around the house bitching that she couldn’t find her curling iron and why Alyssa had yet to wake up. “God damnit!” She cried.


Kellie put her arm around her and said, “Relax honey.”


“I can’t relax, I’m getting married, and me getting married do you understand how huge that is?” Lori fired back.


“Well let’s go wake Ali up, because I am not dealing with super bridezilla Lori today.” Kellie shot back. Lori nodded and they headed up to Alyssa’s old room cracking the door open. When Alyssa didn’t move they opened it fully and walked in seeing that Nick was asleep behind her with an arm draped protectively around her concealing her bare chest. Kellie giggled a little seeing them with the sheet wrapped around their waists.


Kellie noticed the cocky smirk on Nick’s face and remarked. “I wonder what he’s dreaming about?”


Lori shrugged, laughed and looked at Kellie and they counted back from three. “1…2…3…WAKE UP!!!!” They both screamed as Nick and Alyssa both jumped grabbing the sheets and comforter to cover themselves.


Alyssa rubbed her eyes and looked at the two of them. “You two suck.”


Kellie giggled her response, “No I think you do…” She replied making Lori laugh with her.


“Okay I knew you two had sex last night but damn Nick you should have left afterwards!” Lori chided. “Clark must be fuming that you’re not over there right now.”


Nick sighed laying back on the bed figures they’d interrupt what arguably could have been the greatest dream he’d ever had. Sadly he got up and dressed quickly watching Alyssa hop in the shower as he shaved and then got ready to head back over to the hotel. Alyssa moved past him brushing her hair out when he stopped her and turned her around giving her a long kiss that made her freeze in shock at the sudden boldness of the move. When he pulled away she looked up at him with curiosity in her eyes.


“Just wanted to do that, before I left. Lord knows we won’t get a private moment at all the wedding. And we’re not even getting married.” He remarked making her laugh.


“Makes me a little nervous for when it’s our turn even though it’s a long way off.” She added with a coy grin.


He smiled brightly back at her enthusiasm at the prospect of getting married. “Be careful might happen sooner than you think….” He said giving her a small kiss. He walked out of the bathroom leaving her with her thoughts.


As soon as he was out of sight she hung her head knowing that it was probably never going to happen after what she had decided she had to do. She turned looking at herself in the mirror, disgusted and dismayed by her anger at herself for being so stupid to trust Brandon and anger at him for trying to ruin her relationship with Nick. She grabbed her makeup bag, hairdryer and curling iron and headed to her mother’s room to get ready for the wedding.


Meanwhile Nick walked down stairs seeing Mary standing in the foyer. She smirked at him and shook her head. “Do I even want to know why you’re here this early?” She said with a snarky tone.


Nick shrugged, “I wanted to see my girl can you blame me?”


Mary chuckled a bit, “You’re so lucky that I’m so accepting of you, if you weren’t as good a person I would be screaming at you right now for defiling my daughter in my house.”



He chuckled and gave her a hug before heading out to the rental car and drove back to the hotel. Once there he got up to the suite seeing Clark’s worried expression grow furious.


“WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!” Clark shouted.


Nick rolled his eyes, “I stayed with Ali.”


Aaron laughed, “Dude you could have at least have some sense to sneak out this morning like Kellie did here.”


Nick laughed a little, “Sorry I like sleeping next to my girlfriend.” Nick shot back as Brandon entered the room.


“Oh so he decided to make an appearance?” Brandon sarcastically quipped.


Nick shook his head seeing his sidekick on the coffee table. “Man I’ve been looking for this thing.” He remarked as Brandon smirked.


‘He has no clue…which means she’s decided…’ Brandon thought arrogantly.


************************
Alyssa Narrating:


What have I gotten myself into now? Honestly I know what you’re thinking. Because seriously I’m thinking it too. But I have a plan. Not sure exactly what it is but I know I have one!


I’m sitting here doing Lori’s hair while she bitches, and gripes about every little thing. God if I knew being her maid of honor meant I had to deal with the super bitch that is Lori, I would have declined!


Okay, okay I wouldn’t have….but still is it bad that I want to use her veil as a gag? Maybe I should just raid her and Clark’s “goodie drawer” and grab a ball-gag and go from there.


I know, ewwww right it’s my brother. I’m sort of desensitized to it though because Lori talks about it all the friggin’ time. Which honestly can get pretty annoying, however…I just imagine Nick and myself doing that and oh god…talk about hot!


Anyways I’m getting away from my point here.


My point is that I have a plan…a very good plan. What I said last night to Nick…that I’d give him up for his career. That was a major hint to him. And he’ll get it, just needs to stew in that dense head of his for a little while then it’ll click and he’ll be like “what’s going on?”


And I want him to do that at a specific time. But I won’t get into the exact plan. It’s subtle to the point where certain people won’t even realize that I’ve devised it. Yes I’m sneaky, and vindictive. Attack me and I’m okay but NO ONE messes with my boyfriend. And Brandon has made a big mistake with trying to hurt him.


I just hope to God this works.


End Narration.
**********************************


**********************************
Nick Narrating:


Man I thought Clark was going to kill me. I don’t know but lately he’s been touchy about me and Ali. Maybe it’s hitting home that I’m her boyfriend. That we live together, and have sex…


I mean come on it’s pretty fucking obvious that we do. Even if you don’t see it we always talk about it even if it’s just joking around. We’re just like that. I’ve always been a talker with my friends. Fuck…Clark knows pretty much everything, Ali too.


Yeah I told my girlfriend when she wasn’t my girlfriend about the sex I’d get…


I know sounds fucked up but I at least sugar coated for her. She was really young back then when I finally started telling her about 18 or 19 years old. And hell she walked in on me countless times with Amanda so it’s not like she didn’t know.


Besides it’s common knowledge that when you’re interested in getting seriously involved with someone you discuss the roster with them. And by roster I mean the list of people who you’ve essentially had sex with. And honestly I’ve wanted a relationship with her since she turned 18, ok yeah before then but that wasn’t exactly legal so I waited until she was 18 and started slowly telling her about my experiences. Kind of coming off as “I know I’ve been there” advisor capacity.


I have to admit it was odd when she started coming to me for relationship advice about Michael. Almost as if she wanted it to fail. Lord knows I suck at relationships, the only solid one I’ve had has been with her. All the other ones were solid for a little while then imploded and I stayed for way longer than I should have.


But anyways I’m getting away from myself here…


Back to Ali and me...


Last night was incredible…honestly we rarely take it slow and my god it was just…perfect. But there was something about her…something in her attitude that was completely different than normal. Almost desperate you know?


Whatever I’m probably just overanalyzing everything…funny how that particular quirk of hers has rubbed off on me.


But then again, what she said…that she’d give me up for my career. That alone makes me think that something’s up. I guess I’ll find out eventually.


End Narration.
*********************************


Alyssa bustled around fixing Lori’s dress as they walked toward the church. They walked over to the vestibule to have their pictures taken before going to the front entrance. Alyssa peeked her head out of the door seeing the small chapel packed with everyone. Feeling a hand on her back she jumped and whirled around relaxing once she saw Nick there.


He grinned looking at her in her light blue silk slip dress that showed off much of her back. She grinned back at him brushing a stray curl from her face. “You ready for this?”


Alyssa chuckled and handed him a tissue, “In case you get misty up there.”


He smirked and stuck it in his jacket pocket as Alyssa reached over straightening his light blue tie that matched her floor length dress. He leaned over and kissed her softly as he pulled her next to him.


“Oh Dear God!!” Lori remarked. “You’d think they’re the ones getting married.”


Alyssa turned and stuck her tongue out at Lori making Nick laugh at her as Lori moved back into the dressing room just as Clark came out.


“Dude you just missed Lori.” Nick remarked.


Clark took a deep breath and shot Nick a look as Mary and Olivia began to walk out first taking their seats in the front row. Clark turned to Alyssa giving her a hug whispering, “You think dad’s watching?”


Alyssa’s voice caught in her throat for a moment, “He wouldn’t miss this for anything.” She whispered back before breaking away.


Clark took Kellie’s arm and led her out for her to stand as a bridesmaid. For a moment he felt sad that he didn’t have anyone else to be a groomsmen. But he honestly couldn’t think of anyone else besides his father. Not even Aaron had crossed his mind as a candidate, mainly because he didn’t want it to seem intentional the both the bridesmaids and the best man and groomsmen were involved. It was merely coincidence that Alyssa and Nick were together at all.


As Clark left Lori came back out seeing her father standing there. “Daddy!” She beamed as her father got a misty look in his eyes. He linked arms with her as Nick and Alyssa watched the scene.


Nick turned to her for a moment seeing her expression fall a little. He realized at that moment that she’d never get to do that, to have her father walk her down the aisle, to see her on her wedding day. Nick tugged on her arm a little to bring her out of her reverie. She looked at him quizzically for a moment then quickly recovered. She smiled at him as they walked out and down the aisle, she saw Brandon there and hid her dismay at his presence well deciding to ignore him by looking over and grinning at the guys and smiling for pictures before separating at the altar.


Alyssa looked around at the chapel, giving silent thanks that they were able to find a non-denominational yet still religious place for them to have the ceremony. She looked over at Clark seeing Nick behind him she grinned at them both as Canon in D started making everyone turn to the back of the church seeing Lori and her father walk in the open doors.


Alyssa glanced over to Clark who looked like he was holding his breath. Nick patted him on the shoulder and leaned in whispering, “Breathe Clark, or we’ll need to move this wedding to the ER.”


Clark breathed slowly his breathing labored at the sight before him. She grinned at him as she approached and he grinned back.


Alyssa smirked and looked over at Nick as Clark moved down the altar to greet Lori as her father gave her away with slight tears in his eyes. Lori joined Clark in her flowing ivory gown. She handed her bouquet to Alyssa who held it closely while she took the ring off her index finger holding it.


The minister smiled at everyone and began, “Dearly beloved we’ve gathered here today in the sight of God to join these two people…”


As he continued his monologue on marriage Nick looked over at Alyssa and she looked back grinning at him as they glanced between each other to Clark and Lori who were beaming at each other.


“May I have the rings?” The minister asked as Alyssa and Nick moved up and over placing the rings on the bible that the minister held open flat. He grinned and had Clark take the small thin gold band with an intricate design on it and place it on her finger as he said his vows to honor, cherish and obey for the rest of their lives.


With a shaking hand Lori did the same getting a little choked up and stumbling over her words making her laugh at herself as she slipped the thicker band over Clark’s finger.


“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride” The minister announced as Clark pulled Lori to him giving her an earth shattering kiss making everyone clap and chuckle at his eagerness. When they broke apart Lori took the bouquet from Alyssa and the minister announced as everyone stood, “I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Clark Rhett Monroe!”
Chapter 23: All's Fair In Love And War by Teri
Author's Notes:
OK!! Here is chapter 23...the one you've all been waiting for...hehe as always R&R!!!
Chapter Twenty-Three: All’s Fair In Love And War






Nick smiled taking the microphone, “The bride and groom, wanted me to welcome everyone to the reception…” He began as he saw Clark and Lori at the patio doorway. “Everyone please welcome, Clark and Lori Monroe!” Everyone turned and saw them walk in. Nick smiled as they danced they walked over. “Okay since this is an Italian wedding I believe it’s time for the bouquet toss…” He explained and handed the microphone back to the DJ.



Clark and Lori giggled a little and said, “We’re going to do the bouquet and the garter at once.” Lori hiked up her dress slowly to display her bare leg. He slipped off the garter slowly laughing at the catcalls from various guests.



Lori giggled and announced, “We figured that since we already know who we want to get married next, we decided to give the bouquet and garter away.” Lori looked at Clark and they smiled walking over and handing the garter to Nick and the bouquet to Alyssa making everyone laugh.



Nick laughed a little and Alyssa’s face turned red as he pulled her to him and gave her a sweet kiss making everyone smile.



Later on…



Alyssa giggled handing the microphone back to the DJ then headed back over to the table having just finished up the round of speeches. On her approach to the table her expression softened as she watched Clark kiss Lori’s bare shoulder in affection.



She loved watching her brother and her best friend so in love and not afraid to show it. Feeling that same happiness herself she turned to look where Nick was standing holding baby Jamie and talking to some guests she grinned to herself thinking of how amazing of a father he’d be when it became their turn for a child. She turned slightly seeing Brandon come into view and immediately all the color drained from her face she whirled back around to hide her expression from any prying eyes.



A few moments later Nick came walking back over sitting with little Jamie in his lap playing with the now four-month-old infant’s fingers. “Clark man you have got to be pretty fucking pleased with yourself.” He remarked as Jamie grasped Nick’s finger in his hand.



Clark beamed, “I am…I’ve got the most beautiful wife…” He said placing a kiss on Lori’s temple as she closed her eyes and grinned. “And she gave me a son…what more can a man ask for?”



“A daughter?” Alyssa suggested with a grin.



Lori giggled a little and shot back, “How about a niece dear sister-in-law?”



Nick laughed a little, “We’ll work on it.” He said pulling Alyssa’s chair over to him and rubbed her thigh through the silk of her dress.



Mary snorted at them, “Please wait until you’re married.” She offered making them give her a quizzical look. “I know, Olivia isn’t legally allowed to be married, and Clark and Lori have a penchant for doing things backwards but for my youngest I’d like to see you get married before I have anymore grandchildren.”



Alyssa patted her mom on the shoulder, “I can’t promise but if it’s meant to happen it will.” She replied as Nick arose handing Jamie over to Mary. He held out his hand to Alyssa and she looked up at him confused for a moment. “What?”



He took her hand rolling her eyes and pulled her out onto the dance floor holding her close nodding to the DJ. “I requested our song…” He whispered softly.



Alyssa pulled back for a second. “We have a song?” She asked as the opening chords of Stellar began. Her expression softened and she smiled, “We have a song!!!!” She exclaimed.



Meet me in outer space
We could spend the night, watch the earth come up
I've grown tired of that place, won’t you come with me
We could start again




They swayed to the music as the song played on; the lyrics were so true to their relationship. No one else could understand it, hell even they couldn’t quite describe it themselves exactly the effect they had on each other.



How do you do it, make me feel like I do
How do you do it, its better than I ever knew




“Meet me in outer space. I will hold you close, if you’re afraid of heights. I need you to see this place, it might be the only way. That I can show you how, it feels to be inside of you.” He sang softly into her ear his voice dropping another octave on the last line making her shiver at his breath on her neck. As the song continued he slowly kissed the crook of her neck as she barely suppressed a soft moan.



“Lover…” She rasped into his ear before pulling back at the end of the song. She looked at him seeing Brandon over his shoulder with a cocky smirk. “Nick…remember what I said last night?



“What?”



“Do you remember?”



He nodded in recognition, “Of course yeah.”



She gave him a sultry lingering kiss and replied, “Please just keep that in mind….” She said with worried eyes and walked him back over to the table. She excused herself taking the long way over to the bar not far from where she knew Brandon had been hanging the entire night. She sighed ordering herself a double scotch on the rocks downing it just as fast.



“Mmmmmhmmm maybe you should slow down a bit Alyssa.” Brandon said. “Don’t want you trashed again.”



Alyssa cringed and turned to him with a look of scorn in her eyes. “Like it would matter to you.”



He lightly brushed the backs of his fingers against the soft skin of her upper arm, “Now, now don’t be like that… I’m not so bad once you get to know me…” He replied softly. “Have you decided about my proposition.”



Alyssa ordered a shot of Jack and downed it giving him a glare.



Meanwhile Nick looked around looking for Alyssa. His eyes moved over to the bar seeing Brandon in close proximity to her….too close for his liking as his jealousy flared. The built up rage he clenched his fists, set his jaw and began walking over, just as he was a few feet away he heard.



He leaned in closely as she turned to look at him, “So what will it be, both your careers….or your lover?”



At that moment it clicked inside Nick’s head….why she had said what she did…that she’d give him up to save his career. “What the fuck are you doing?” He asked with his glare directed at Brandon making them turn to him in surprise.



Brandon smirked, “None of your concern Blondie.” He said placing a hand on Alyssa’s shoulder only having Alyssa to shrug it off seconds later.



“Don’t even think you can touch her…” Nick said getting in Brandon’s face.



“And exactly what is a washed up boybander going to do about it….?” He said giving Nick a good shove in the shoulders.



Alyssa got in between them looking up at Nick, “Baby please don’t fight, not here.”



Brandon shoved Alyssa out of the way knocking her to the ground as he looked down on her then back to Nick, “I don’t know what you’re so fussy about she’s a lousy lay.” He lied to incite Nick’s fury even more. He most certainly knew she wasn’t, but still he would say anything to make Nick angry.



Nick looked down to Alyssa moving to her side helping her stand as the guests began to gather wondering what the ruckus was. “If she’s so lousy then why are you still hanging around her like a lost puppy? Which if you continue to do so I’m not responsible for my actions…” He threatened.



“Hmmm let’s test that theory….” Brandon smirked and shoved Nick’s shoulders again making him step back a little.



Nick clenched his fist and pulled it back then punching Brandon in the face sending him back a few steps. “I never want to see you around her again.” Nick reprimanded.



Undeterred by Nick’s punch Brandon lunged and tackled Nick to the ground punching his sides and jaw in retaliation.



“Stop! STOP IT!” Alyssa shrieked in horror as Lori came over a look of terror in her eyes as Clark, Kevin and the rest of the boys stepped in pulling Brandon and Nick apart.



Kevin held onto Brandon pushing him back against the bar.



“What the hell is going on??” Lori squeaked as Mary and Olivia held her back.



“Yeah what is going on?” Kevin said shoving Brandon hard into the bar.



Nick yelled, “He tried to make a move on MY GIRL!”



Clark held onto him, “Alyssa explain what’s going on please?” He asked his sister barely being able to hold Nick back.



“Brandon got a hold of the DVD, Nick…he’s threatening to show the dean of my school…”She explained.



Nick struggled even more, “You fucking bastard, how fucking dare you!”



Brandon struggled against Kevin, “You don’t deserve her, you washed up piece of white trash!” He yelled as Kevin throttled him against the bar again.



Feeling something in the jacket pocket Kevin reached in pulling out the disc. “This it?” He asked holding it over his head. Alyssa scrambled over snatching it from him.



“Yes it is.” She said holding onto it tightly.



Clark let go of Nick as he assured him that he was calm enough to be ok on his own. He calmly walked over to Kevin and Brandon letting Kevin move to the side. “If I ever see you near her ever again, I will kill you….” He warned with a look of fire in his eyes.



Brandon broke free for a second clocking Nick on the side of his jaw as he backed up to the table near the bar that held the cake. Nick moved and punched Brandon with all his might so hard that he fell backwards onto the table smashing it, launching the cake into the air. Angela dove and caught the top of the cake just before it hit the ground as the rest landed on top of Brandon.



Lori’s eyes grew wide as she saw the scene before her in absolute horror as Alyssa stared at Nick, her breathing labored and her eyes roaming over him. She’d never seen him defend her quite like that before. Kellie took the DVD from Alyssa throwing it to the ground and smashing it with her heel. Clark moved to Lori trying to keep her in check as he walked her back over to the table making everyone go back as if nothing had happened.



All the while Kevin hauled Brandon out of the backyard and out the front throwing him out of the reception for good. “Don’t you come near them again or you’ll have to deal with me.” He threatened as Brandon scrambled to his rental.



Back in the yard Alyssa went to Nick’s side seeing the discoloration in his jaw. She took his hand and led him inside telling her mother and Olivia that she was going to clean up his cuts and bruises. She stopped by the fridge grabbing a handful of ice putting it into a Ziploc bag.



Then Alyssa ushered him to the bathroom in the hall pulling out the first aid kit and setting it on the counter.



“Ali, seriously I’m okay…” He emphasized groaning as she pressed the ice bag to his jaw. Though he was a little sore he felt okay.



She looked up at him and couldn’t control herself any longer as she dropped the ice from his face and wrapped her hand around his tie pulling him fully into the bathroom and shutting and locking the door. She pinned him against the wall pressing her body against him. She leaned up and brushed her lips across his and broke away. “Do you realize…how hot it was to see you defend me like that?”



He shook his head ‘no’ as she grinned at him leaning up as their lips met feverishly. He backed her against the counter with her back to the vanity mirror and pressed his hips into hers pinning her there. Moving his hands to her dress he slowly gathered the silky material up bringing it up over her hips noticing that she wasn’t wearing any underwear. He groaned slightly and pushed her to sit on the counter. She took the dress up over her head and tossed it over the towel rack leaving her in her heels. He spread her legs and trailed his hand up her leg to her inner thigh to trail his fingers over her making her sigh in relief. Feeling bolder she grabbed his pants undoing them and slipping her hand inside running her fingers over him. Making him growl lowly and grab her hips and bring them to the edge of the counter. He thrust inside her quickly making her moan loudly. To silence her cries he pulled her into a searing kiss. As he broke it he went to remove his jacket and tie and Alyssa swatted at his hands and straightened his tie back.



“Leave it on…” She replied breathlessly. He gave her an odd look, lord knows he prefers to take off his clothes but considering the look on her face he figured it’d be a good thrill for her. Looking down to the counter beside him then to the mirror behind them he got a wicked idea. Smirking he pulled her off the counter and flipped her around so that they were both facing the mirror. She looked at him through the reflective pane and her eyes lightened another shade. He placed her hands on the counter and grabbed the bag of ice opening it he took one cube in his hand and used the other to brush her hair over her shoulder.



The glimmer of recognition passed over her face he smirked and slowly drug the melting ice down her back making her back arch and her hiss at the cold and her knees buckle as he drew little designs on her back until the ice melted from the heat of her skin. He grabbed another ice cube and moved her hair back over her shoulder as he pulled her back a little and started the ice at her neck then slowly down her body until it melted near her hips. Satisfied that his hand was cold enough he trailed his hand between her thighs making her yelp from the sudden coldness of his fingers on her. After a moment he withdrew his hand and moved both to her hips and entered her quickly making her cry out.



“Be quiet or I’ll stop…” He challenged. He closed his eyes for a moment then looked to the mirror seeing her watch him as their eyes connected for a brief moment before he moved harder and faster on her making her bite her lip to silence her need to scream. Her knees began to buckle and her leg muscles quaked a bit while she felt her climax approaching fast. He thrusted hard making her knees and the tops of her thighs slam into the cupboard beneath the counter as she turned her head for a moment claiming his mouth to hers as she felt her release course through her moaning into the kiss. Feeling her let go he felt his come on strong as well and he broke the kiss burying his head into her shoulder and growling loudly as his body shook.



Moments after just standing there for a moment breathing heavily, they broke apart and Alyssa went to slip on her dress that had been discarded. After she did so she thought a moment and said, “Nick hand me a tissue.”



“What?” He asked readjusting himself.



“Because if I sit I’ll ruin the dress…” She said giving him a knowing look.



He wrinkled his nose in disgust for a moment and stuck his hand in his pocket handing her the tissue she had given him earlier. “Here and ew!” He said.



She laughed, “Hey…it’s from you so I wouldn’t be so disgusted.”



He chuckled a little, “Yes but still kinda gross.” She rolled her eyes and cleaned herself up a little and fixed her hair and her smudged makeup in the mirror as he kissed her cheek and added, “I’ll meet you back outside.” He ran a hand through his hair and checked the suit seeing that it hadn’t even been stained which he silently thanked God for he definitely didn’t want to deal with any questions as to what exactly had happened.



Lori saw Nick walking back looking a little rumpled with a sedate smile on his face. She rolled her eyes when she saw Alyssa walk out a few seconds later looking equally disheveled and satisfied. “I can’t fucking believe them, they ruin my wedding, the cake and then they go fuck!” She said with an exasperated sigh.



Alyssa came over sitting down as Nick did the same. “I’m really sorry about what happened…” Alyssa said with a sympathetic expression.



Nick sighed and said, “Yeah as much as I should be sorry I’m not the fucker deserved a beat down. But I am sorry about the cake.”



Clark looked at him, “its ok Angela saved the top of it.” He said trying to avoid another argument. He kissed Lori’s temple and they relaxed as the party went back to normal as if the fight had never happened.



Nick put his arm around Alyssa pulling her against him wincing as she lay against his ribs.



“Baby what’s wrong?” She asked her eyes filling with concern.



He adjusted a little and winced more, “Shit I think the asshole bruised my ribs.”



“Aww honey, I’ll wrap em in ice later.”



Olivia snorted a little and retorted, “That’s not all she wants to wrap in ice….”



Lori shot her a look and chuckled a little, “I’m still very pissed at the two of you for the fight…”



Alyssa rolled her eyes and replied, “Well you’re the genius that invited Brandon in the first place…so don’t get mad at us…”



Lori huffed at Alyssa’s comment and rolled her eyes, “Ok yeah that’s true, but I thought if anything you’d at least wait until after the cake to start something.”



Kellie came walking over and sat next to Alyssa and sighed getting a sad look on her face.



“What’s wrong?” Alyssa asked.



“I don’t want to ruin your night Lori.” She said looking
to them.



Lori snickered at her, “You couldn’t possibly do more damage than Brandon did…”



Kellie took a deep breath and replied, “I broke up with Aaron…”



Everyone’s eyes grew wide and Alyssa exclaimed, “DO WHAT?!”



She sighed and gave Alyssa a pitiful look, “I love him…but he’s not ready for a real relationship.”



Nick nodded a little, “Man he’s gonna be heart broken…”



“Yeah, but he’s 18 he should be out partying and screwing random girls every night. And I’m 22 I want to settle down, and I can’t ask that of him.”



Alyssa put her arms around Kellie giving her a hug. “Maybe it wasn’t meant to be.” She said as Lori hugged Kellie as well.
Chapter 24: Fifteen Minutes Of Fame by Teri
Author's Notes:
okay this chapter was getting TOO long so I decided to split it up into three parts here is part one, I'll be working on part two and three the rest of this week, anyways as always R&R it's so much apreciated!
Chapter Twenty-Four: Fifteen Minutes Of Fame




Two days later…


Alyssa awoke to the shrill sound of the phone ringing. She grabbed it punching the ‘talk’ button. “Hello?” She said rubbing her eyes.


“Is this Alyssa Monroe?” An unfamiliar voice began.


Alyssa sat up; “Yes this is she.”


“Hi this is Amanda Frohman from Star Magazine, I wanted to ask you a few questions.”


Star magazine? What would they want with her? “Ummm I’m not sure why you would want to talk to me, I’m not an actress or a model…”


“Yes but we noticed that you’re on the cover of a few of our competitors this morning and wanted to get an exclusive interview.”


Alyssa sat dumbfounded; “Umm I’m sorry I think you have the wrong number…” She said and hung up. Why would she be on the tabloids? The only thing famous in her life was Nick and his family…but she was merely just his girlfriend, probably one of the only normal girlfriends he’d ever had.


She turned over seeing Nick come in with two cups of hot coffee. “Oh you’re awake!”


She smiled and replied; “Yeah the phone woke me up. Why is Star Magazine calling to talk to me?”


He gave her an odd look, “I don’t know…” He said as the doorbell rang.


Curious Alyssa got up throwing on a pair of basketball shorts and a tee-shirt and walked down to the front door opening it thinking it was Kellie since they were supposed to be hanging out for the day. Her eyes widened then squinted from about 40 flashbulbs going off as about the same number of people yelled questions at her.


“How long have you been with Nick?” Said one nosey paparazzo


“What happened with Brandon? Did you sleep with him?” Said another.


Nick came down just in time and slammed the door shut on them saying “No comment…” He turned to her with a perplexed expression and rubbed her shoulder as he passed her to turn on the television to E!


“Welcome to E! News brief…I’m Giuliana Depandi…Seems as if Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and star of E!’s upcoming reality show House of Carters, is still dealing with his anger…this video was captured two days ago at the wedding of a friend of the crooner when he got into a fist fight with oddly enough Superman Returns star Brandon Routh. You can see the full video and pictures of the brawl at E! Online. Reportedly the fight broke out when Routh made an overt pass at Carter’s girlfriend, UCLA professor Alyssa Monroe. So the question is…who is this girl that’s got both a pop star and a movie star vying for her attention? Find out all this and more on E! News tonight at 7. For E! I’m Giuliana Depandi and that was your E! news brief.”


“Seems we need to fix the gate sooner than we thought…” Nick said getting a nervous look on his face. Their front gate had started to malfunction the day before they left, but didn’t think anything of it just leaving it open until it could be fixed.


Alyssa stood there in amazement, “Oh my God…” She managed to say.


Again the doorbell rang and Nick looked out the window seeing Kellie trying to make her way through the crowd. He opened the door and pulled her inside. “What the fuck is going on?” Kellie asked dumping all the tabloids she picked up at the convenience store. All of them with pictures of the fight, pictures of Alyssa and Nick with promises of exclusive stories inside.


Alyssa looked at the magazines in horror, reading the headlines.


“Backstreet Boy Fool For Love…”


“Superman vs. the Pop star…”


“Who is Alyssa Monroe?”



“Dear god…” Alyssa said collapsing to the couch breathing heavily. She could literally feel the anxiety rise within her. She looked at her hands they were shaking, along with every nerve-ending in her body.


Nick moved to sit next to her pulling her against him. He ran a hand through her hair trying his best to calm her.


Three days later…


Alyssa looked around the conference room seeing Nick’s managers, Johnny and Ken, his publicist Juliette, his on-tour bodyguard Frank who’d come in handy lately to shoo off pesky paparazzi.


Juliette looked through her papers and sighed a little before she began. “Well it seems as if this little media storm just keeps getting bigger the longer we stay quiet.”


Nick rolled his eyes a little and replied, “It hasn’t even been a week yet…”


Juliette set her jaw giving Nick a stern look, “That’s irrelevant at this point…the point is that you had a very public fight with an up and coming star. We need to spin this in our direction to at least salvage your image.”


Alyssa stayed quiet listening to everyone, but in reality she wanted to stand up and scream at everyone that it was her life, that she was not famous and just to butt out of her private life. However since dating Nick she knew that something like this could happen to thrust her into the spotlight momentarily and for nearly two years they had been relatively safe.


Nick rested his hand on her knee rubbing it gently as he looked over at Juliette. “I don’t think this is quite the crisis we’re making it out to be, we do one interview with People or US Weekly and then they’ll leave us alone.”


Alyssa gave him a wary look, she did not, repeat did NOT want to do an interview, she was purely behind the scenes, and she wasn’t an actress, a model, singer, or even an heiress. “Wait...” She spoke making everyone look at her. “I can’t do this…” She began. “I don’t want to be famous, I’m not an actor, a singer, or anything.”


Nick tightened his grip on her knee getting her to relax a little.


Juliette sighed, “Yes I understand that Alyssa, however you’re involved with a celebrity, we need to spin this in our favor that makes both Nick and you look good.”


Johnny gave her a sympathetic look, “I know you’re not used to this Ali, but we need to do this, if not to salvage your image in the fans eyes, for Nick’s.”


“Do I have to do an interview though? Why can’t Nick do all the talking?” She countered.


Nick took her hand and replied lowly, “We can try that, I’ll try to put all the heat off onto Brandon…”


Juliette nodded and added, “Maintain some class please Nick…we’re going to be having a big enough battle when you go on Howard Stern, and start doing more promotion for the show.”


He nodded in response getting a pensive expression on his face. After the meeting he and Alyssa walked out hand in hand to the car. She looked across the street and noticed the dozen or so photographers snapping away then dashing to their cars as Nick and Alyssa pulled out of the lot. “Hey let’s go out to lunch then go do a little shopping…” He suggested getting a less than enthusiastic sigh from the passenger seat. “Sugar, what’s wrong?” He asked placing his hand on her jean clad thigh.


“Just never thought I’d get sucked into the world of celebrity…I hate this world…what it does to people…” She remarked staring out the window. She turned to him and added, “What it does to you…I can’t stand the vanity of it all.”


He sighed and gripped her thigh gently, “Then why’d you move to LA?”


“Because of UCLA, I had no, and still have no intention of becoming a star.”


“I know but we got to just deal with it, they’ll leave us alone eventually.” He replied pulling up to Koi getting out as Alyssa did, handing his key to the valet they headed inside much to the dismay of the photographers that had followed them.


An hour later…


Alyssa giggled as they walked hand in hand up and down Robertson Avenue. She unlaced their fingers and put an arm around his waist hooking her finger into his belt loop as he smiled and slid his hand into her back pocket. They walked by Fred Segal and she stopped and looked at the clothes in the window, seeing a rather chic looking tailored suit that would be perfect for work.


“You like that?” He asked thinking it would look great on her.


She smiled a little trying her best not to notice the photographers tailing their every move, “Yeah I like how it’s businessy yet could look like I’m heading out to a date.” She explained.


He grinned, “We’ll hit it on the way back…” He said as they continued walking as he stopped in front of a jewelry store with diamond engagement rings in the window.


“What?” She asked looking at them then back to him.


“Nothing…” He said with a grin.


Alyssa gave him an odd look and chuckled a little, “What planning on proposing right here?”


Nick smirked and shook his head, “Nah...I’ll do it when you least expect it…”


“Oh so you’re planning it?” She countered releasing his side as they linked hands lacing their fingers.


He looked over arching an eyebrow, “Maybe…”


“Well no matter how or when you ask you know the answer.”


“And that would be?” He asked smiling confidently.


“Ask and you’ll find out!” She shot back.


Later that day…


Alyssa walked into the house carrying a couple of bags as Nick walked in carrying some as well. She dropped her bags and took his setting them on the couch and pulled him into a sultry kiss. Deepening it he backed them up to the wall behind the front door pinning her body between the wall and him.


Needing air they broke apart and he smiled brushing a few stray strands of her dark chocolate brown hair behind her ear letting his hand linger at her jaw line.


She grinned up at him placing her palms on his chest. “Thank you for today…”


He tipped her chin up more and gave her a sweet but short kiss. “I figured you’d need a distraction from all the insanity going on…I know you don’t want to be famous but I don’t think we have a choice in the matter anymore.”


She sighed and nodded, “I know, and I love you, more than anything, and if it means that I have to deal with this to keep you, then I’ll just have to grin and bear it.” She decided giving him a small grin.


“I promise you won’t regret this…” He said as he brushed his lips across her forehead just as the phone rang.


“Hold that thought…how about you draw up a bubble bath and I’ll meet you up there?” She said with a sly grin.


He smirked and nodded heading upstairs.


Alyssa grabbed the cordless answering it just before the machine took over. “Hello?” She said as she hoped to God that it wasn’t another magazine.


“Alyssa, hi this is Jennifer Dietrich.”


She couldn’t understand why at that exact moment she felt an enormous knot in her stomach. “Hey Jennifer what can I do for you today?”


Jennifer sighed making the knot grow larger. “The board has seen the tabloids and wants a meeting with you in two weeks to discuss things.” She said solemnly.


Immediately she felt like that knot had exploded causing her to feel like she’d been punched in the stomach. “Umm okay, is it bad?”


“Well they’re definitely not happy about it Alyssa, some are scandalized, others think it’s a great opportunity for press about the school.”


“And where do you sit on the issue?” Alyssa asked in all sincerity.


She sighed again, “I’ll be frank with you I’m a bit nervous about what this publicity will do to your job performance…but I’m on your side Alyssa, and I was the one that pushed for this meeting so that you can explain the events without any media interference.”


A few minutes later they rang off and Alyssa trudged upstairs, her good mood deflated and her amazing day with Nick was practically ruined by one stupid phone call….one that held the fate of her entire career.


She walked upstairs seeing the candles lit and the lights low leading up to the bathroom. She walked inside and saw the bubble bath fully drawn and her favorite candles burning all around the sunken roman-style tub.


Nick came walking back in, wearing just his boxers and looked up smiling at her only to let his face fall when he saw the saddened expression on her own.


“Baby what’s wrong?”


Alyssa looked up her eyes gleaming with tears threatening to escape. “I may lose my job over this…”


“What? The tabloid thing?”


She shook her head and moved into his arms laying her forehead against his collarbone, “They want to meet with me to discuss it in two weeks…”


He held her tighter to him and took a deep breath. “Anything I can do?”


“Just be with me…” She replied softly.


He pulled back and reached for the hem of her shirt lifting it up and over her head as she kicked off her shoes and undid her jeans slipping them off. Smirking a little he pulled her to him unhooking her bra in the process making her roll her eyes and chuckle at him. After getting undressed Nick went in the tub letting Alyssa take off her makeup and earrings and pile her hair up on top of her head. He relaxed back into the tub leaning his head back and closed his eyes only cracking them slightly to spy Alyssa sinking into the tub with a satisfied sigh. He smirked slightly and she rolled her eyes.


“Pervert.”


He snorted at her and pulled her across the large tub to sit on his legs. She put her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder. “Hey come on it’s not like you’re getting fired…” He suggested trying to cheer her up.


She snickered a little, “Yeah but I bet they’re going to try to…”


Nick sighed and tipped her chin up, “No thinking about it right now okay? Don’t let everything else ruin the moment I was trying to make here.”


She grinned a little in response.


“HA! There’s that grin!”


“Why are you so good to me…? I mean come on after all we’ve been through. You’re still here…”


He looked in her eyes so full of concern, he noticed how every once in a while she’d ask him a question like that. It was almost as if she was uncertain that he did intend on spending the rest of his life with her. “Why am I good to you? Hmm let’s see there’s the fact that you were there every time I needed someone, even through a letter or on the phone, you were there…when AJ went into rehab…”


“And I tried to commit suicide let’s not forget that…” Alyssa said getting a dark look.


He kissed her temple and wrapped his arms around her, “Yes, and I was there for you, like you were there when my family fell apart.”


“More like imploded.”


“Or exploded depending on how you look at it…” He joked back. “But still… you were there, whether I wanted you to be or not, you were there when you caught Paris cheating on me…”


“That was a fluke… I was in Sydney just for the soccer tournament, didn’t expect to see her coming out of his room. Hell I had no idea they were even staying in the same hotel.”


“I know but still you had the guts to come and tell me straight out, my other friends wouldn’t have done that. The guys would have but you know I never listen to them.”


“Which you should, at least listen to Alex, he’s been in darker places than you darlin’.”


He sighed, “Believe me I know…I was there when he was crashing… Anyways back to my point…You’ve been there with me through practically everything. The only honest voice a lot of the time besides the fellas… And honestly…the only one I wanted to hear…”


She gave him an odd expression. “Care to elaborate?”


“You don’t know how many times your advice and the guys’ were frighteningly similar. But you put this twist to it, that made it seem like you weren’t telling me what to do, but that I ought to think about it.”


“You still didn’t listen…”


“True, but I thought about it though…I love you. I always did, even when you were just my sister’s friend I did love you…although it’s changed quite a bit since then, from friendship to…” He paused for a moment trying to find the proper term.


“Together?”


“No it’s more than that…we’re happy right? We’re not just together, it’s almost like we’ve changed because we’ve been with each other.”


She moved her head back a little considering him for a moment. “Like what?”


“When was the last time you thought about doing something, that in no way shape or form involved me?” He asked.


She bit her lower lip getting a pensive expression on her face, “Shit…I think the last time was right before I turned 21…”


“See! It’s almost as if we’re…”


“What the same person?” Alyssa joked with a sarcastic grin.


Nick rolled his eyes and chuckled a little, “No but pretty fucking close. I mean come on you were noticing it months ago when you said we should slow down. No one says one name without the other in the same sentence.”


She nodded, “Now do you see what was freaking me out back then?”


He shook his head ‘yes’, “And yeah it’s pretty fucking intimidating. But…you know what else it is…” He replied as he shifted her to straddle his thighs.


She smirked knowing what he was getting at… “What?” She asked innocently.


“It’s pretty fucking amazing…” He replied pulling her closer as she leaned down to kiss him.
Chapter 25: Media Firestorm by Teri
Author's Notes:
Well here is part two of the long ass chapter i had to split up. I'm going to start working on KDL again so hopefully another update on that soon. Anyways as always R&R thanks everyone!!!
Chapter Twenty-Five: Media Firestorm




Alyssa sighed a little trying her best to look interested as she held hands with Nick sitting on their couch as they let the world into their once private relationship.




“So when did you two meet?” The reporter asked.




“We met when we were very young, we were friends for the longest time.” Nick answered calmly giving Alyssa’s hand a reassuring squeeze.




After a few background questions the reporter dove right in to the harder questions. “So Alyssa what’s your relationship with Brandon?”




Alyssa took in a breath, “We were friends and nothing more. I ran into him at Concorde one night and we just became friends.”




Unsatisfied with that answer alone, “Yes and in this time did he make advances towards you, did you sleep with him?” She asked in all sincerity.




Alyssa made eye contact with the reporter and replied, “I guess he was always making flirty comments, but I never thought anything of them until recently…” She explained skipping the last question.




“You didn’t answer the second question…”




“Oh I’m sorry what was it again?” Alyssa asked.




The reporter went to speak when Nick interjected, “Brandon knows what he did and that’s all there is to it. It’s just up to us now to put his actions behind us and move on with our life.”




The reporter nodded and moved on to another topic, “Nick this isn’t the first time you’re in the news for relationship drama. What happened with Paris Hilton?”




He took in a deep breath, “That entire relationship was a mistake, when I first met her she played the supportive grounded girl but after a while she showed her true colors and acted like a snob. It freaked me out that she blamed me for the bruises when I didn’t cause them at all. Alyssa was there the entire time to help me through it. I even flew out Mandy, she’s my ex. Everyone knows her as Willa Ford. But she and I are friends and I flew her out because I needed as many friends as possible at that point in my life. But she tried to rekindle the relationship we’d had and I couldn’t. Honestly I just was not in the right frame of mind for any sort of relationship so I sent her home.”




“So how long after your relationship with Paris did you start seeing Alyssa?”




Nick smiled a little, “The following October, Ali just turned 21 and we were like ok we really like each other why not give it a try so we did and we’ve been together pretty much ever since.”




“Did you break up at all?”




“Once…” Alyssa replied, “But that was last January, other than that we’ve been pretty rock solid right?” She asked looking to Nick who grinned back.




“Yep.”




That night…




Alyssa sighed as they relaxed on the couch channel surfing. She looked to the coffee table seeing the stack of tabloids with her picture in them. Some from them standing in front of the jewelry store the other day with the title, “Nick Carter ready to settle down?”




“Hey don’t worry about the tabloids they’re usually pretty off.”




At that moment she glanced at OK Magazine, the only one that had come frighteningly close to the truth. In the article it had said that she’d slept with Brandon in a fit of jealousy of Nick possibly cheating on her. Brandon had become so infatuated and upset when Alyssa went back to Nick that he plotted to get her back. That the DVD he’d taken was indeed a sex tape. Alyssa sighed and got up taking them and putting them in a drawer in the kitchen choosing not to look at them. Nick followed her considering her for a moment.




“Now I know how Amanda felt, god I’m just waiting for the hate sites to start up.” Alyssa remarked with an exasperated sigh.




He chuckled, “They’re just jealous…” He added.




“Yeah but how long before Brandon starts blabbing all over town that I slept with him?” She suggested.




Nick shrugged and held her from behind resting his chin in the crook of her neck. “It’ll be fine, if his publicist is smart they’ll tell him to not say or do anything.”




“I hope so, I can’t take much more of this…”




A few days later…




“Hey Mrs. Monroe…” Alyssa said with a grin.




Lori grinned, “I’m so happy I married him.”




“Really? I’m kind of put off on marriage right now.” Jenna remarked noting her recent separation from Jay.




“Oh yeah, I had such terrible cold feet but now that it’s official I’m so relaxed and good God the sex is incredible again.”




Alyssa chuckled, “That’s always good…it’s hard to get in the mood with cameras hounding us.”




“I’m sure that doesn’t stop you…”




She smirked, “No it really doesn’t. Because just god, he’s been saying the most romantic things lately that I have to have him right then.”




“Okay I gotta ask, what makes him so attractive to you. I mean yes he’s good looking but aside from that.”




Alyssa thought for a moment, “It’s his eyes, his hands, his cute toes, how he sleeps beside me, sometimes under me. Then when he wants me…that look he has on his face it’s this devilish smirk that makes his eyes darken. His hands he has small calluses on his palms from playing the drums and guitar so they’re a little rough but a little smooth at the same time.”




“And that’s sexy?” Kellie asked.




“You’ve had sex with him, you know that sexy growl he makes…” Alyssa shot back.




“Yeah, Aaron’s better, in my opinion.”




Alyssa chuckled, “Because you love him, honey.”



Kellie got a sad expression on her face, “Yeah I know, and I wish he were older, then we wouldn’t have this problem.”




“Why get married though? I mean come on you’re young.” Jenna replied playing devil’s advocate.




Kellie sighed, “I’m jealous of my two best friends.” She began making Alyssa and Lori give her an odd look. “Lori you have an amazing husband and a beautiful son, and Alyssa you have a man who would lie on hot coals for you. I want that…”




“Wouldn’t Aaron do that for you, he said that he loves you right?”




Kellie’s eyes widened, “He never said it…I had a feeling he felt it…but he never uttered the words.”




Meanwhile…




Nick relaxed into the chair as he smiled at Chris, Clark and Brent. He felt his sidekick buzz and he looked at it seeing another message from a girl named Kari…a girl he’d hooked up with once in 2004 when she was just 20. He text messaged her back saying he was happily committed in a relationship and to go away. He hoped that’d be the last he’d hear from her. She’d been messaging him off an on for two weeks now and it irked him to no end. What pissed him off even more was now she was flaunting that she had a new guy as if she was trying to make him jealous. ‘Ha! Yeah right…I’ve got Alyssa…more like she’s jealous that I’m unavailable.’ He thought to himself.




Chris noted his pissy expression and figured he’d get the low down of all that was happening lately. “So how’s the media fire storm going?” Chris asked with an amused expression.




He shrugged, “We’re okay, Lissa is taking it pretty fucking well considering she’s never gone through this before except with me when I went through shit with Paris.”




Clark smiled a little, “That’s my sister, she’s determined to ride this thing out.”




Chris chuckled, “I bet that’s not all she’s…” He said as Nick smacked his shoulder. “Hey!”




“That’s my girl you’re talking about.” Nick chided making Brent crack up. “What?”




Brent fought to contain himself. “Just remembering when she was 17 and you were so crushed out but couldn’t do anything.”




“Considering I was 21 and it was illegal for me to try anything.” Nick reminded.




“You were crushed out back then?” Clark asked.




Brent nodded, “Oh man he had it so bad, especially when she tried to you know hurt herself. He was a fucking wreck. I think I was the first person he admitted to that he loved her.”




Nick nodded and sighed, “Honestly I’ll do anything for her, she’s done things for me that no other woman would ever do.”




“Like what take it up the ass?” Chris joked trying to lighten the mood.




Nick busted out laughing, “Umm no I haven’t actually ever brought that subject up. Besides it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. But what I meant was, she listens to what I have to say about things…” Nick paused looking to Clark who saw it as his cue to go grab more soda from the refrigerator. When he was out of ear shot Nick continued, “And she’s fucking amazing in bed. She’s a freak…”




“Alyssa’s a freak? But she’s so…nice though.” Brent remarked.




“Lady on the street, but such a freak in the bedroom.”




Clark walked back in handing the three of them sodas. “I know you were talking about fucking my baby sister…and as much as it does bother me I’m glad it’s you and that you at least had the decency to wait for me to leave the room.”




Nick smiled a little, “Thanks man…”




Back to the house…




Alyssa sighed smiling as she brought up some laundry to put away in the bedroom closets. She walked into her bedroom smiling at Kellie, Lori, and Jenna sitting on the bed. “You know, Nick and I fucked on that this morning.” She said bluntly as everyone but Jenna moved.




“Must have been hot…” Jenna said with a wicked smirk.




Alyssa set down the laundry and began putting it away hanging up most of it leaving underwear, socks, and bras. “It was, I absolutely love morning sex, where you’re sorta still sleeping but not.”




“How many times a day do you two have sex?” Lori asked with a gleam in her eyes.




Alyssa thought a moment, “Normally it’s at least twice a day, if he’s home or comes home for lunch then it’s three to four times. I know, I know I can’t help it, the sex good god, just…” Alyssa tried to maintain her composure chuckling at herself. She took a pile of Nick’s clothing, mostly underwear and tee-shirts he usually had folded up and put in one of the drawers in the closet rather than having an actual dresser.




Laughing at one of Lori’s jokes she walked into the massive closet and opened the top drawer putting in socks and boxers then saw a dark flash for a second and stopped reopening the drawer seeing the tiny box wrapped in black velvet. She tentatively reached out touching her fingers to the smooth/rough texture of the box. Biting her bottom lip she picked it up and opened it quickly her eyes widening and her mouth dropping at the sight of it.




An engagement ring…




A rectangular shaped diamond with two square cuts on each side, with what looked like a platinum band. ‘This can’t be for me can it?’ She asked herself with a wondering gaze.




She slowly backed out of the closet the box still in her possession as she turned around shooting everyone a wondering glance. “I found this in Nick’s top drawer.”




Immediately Kellie looked away knowing that it indeed was Alyssa’s ring, ‘…Well it will be her ring…when Nick gets off his ass and asks her.’ She thought slyly.




Lori chimed up a moment later, “I know what you’re thinking and it’s not. Nick’s holding it for Howie, he’s going to propose to Lee. And he trusted Nick to keep it safe until the time is right.”




Jenna nodded along with Kellie who remained silent. She hated lying to her best friend. But they all knew that she’d be happier if they didn’t spoil the surprise.




Alyssa gave them a quizzical look and shrugged putting the ring back into the drawer shutting it and the closet. “Well it was a nice thought there for a moment…” She sighed and flopped down onto the bed.




Lori immediately felt remorseful for her lies, she knew what Nick had planned, knew Alyssa would be shocked, surprised, and happy. But keeping it all a secret was extremely hard. “Al, he’ll ask you, I know he will probably has some terribly romantic plan.” Which wasn’t far if not exactly the truth. His plan was terribly romantic, and perfect.




“I know, I know” She began with an exasperated sigh. “I just want him to just ask me, doesn’t matter how just ask the question, I’ve been hinting for two months or more that I want to take the next step.”




Kellie grinned, “Trust us he knows you’re ready, I’m sure he’s just waiting for the perfect moment.”




Later that day…




“Honey…I’m home…” He said with a dorky grin on his face.




Alyssa peeked her head out from the living room. “What is this The Dick Van Dyke Show?”




Nick laughed, “Wouldn’t I have to trip over a foot rest then?”




Alyssa put her arms around his neck and replied, “Eh I’m more partial to Bewitched or I Dream Of Genie.”




“You in a genie outfit huh? Now that has potential…” He said giving her a kiss.




She pulled back laughing, “Sorry the MC Hammer look…so not me.”




Nick chuckled and wrapped his arms around her, still standing in the foyer. “What did you and the girls do today?” He asked walking her backwards towards the kitchen. He was dying for a glass of water.




She chuckled and let go turning around and led him into the kitchen getting him a drink and started making them lunch. “Nothing much, hung out, found out that Kellie is jealous of myself and Lori. Did some laundry, found a diamond engagement ring in your top drawer, watched some Sex and The City. You know the usual.”




Nick stopped for a second, “Wait what did you find?”




She gave him a look as if to say ‘you’re so busted’. “Yeah, gorgeous diamond engagement ring… Care to explain?” She said as he got a nervous look on his face. “Lori said you’re holding it for Howie…”




Nick nodded quickly, “Yep saving it for when he proposes to Lee.” He lied. He didn’t want to, but aside from proposing right then and there, he did not want to propose just because he’d gotten caught trying to be sneaky. He wanted it to mean something, something she’d never forget. “Anyways… how about you and me get away for a couple days…”




She gave him a look. “What do you mean?”




“Like get away just the two of us.”




Her expression stayed the same, “Like what a vacation?”




He grinned a little, “Yeah how about we go to Florida for a few days?”




She sighed and smiled a little, “Okay…I can deal with some alone time with you.”




Three days later…




Alyssa relaxed into the couch as she looked down to Nick who was sprawled across the floor of his Florida home. “I can’t believe you sold the tiki hut!”




“I had part with it. Too many bad memories there…” He replied remarking to her about the last time she’d stayed at that particular house.




Alyssa sighed and remembered the first time she laid eyes on the house how different from the palatial pad he owned now…




Nick smiled as Alyssa got out of the car and considered the house. Her dark eyeliner and mysterious expression gave him no clue as to what her thoughts were.




She raised an eye brow and gave him a look. “Only you would build a house out of fucking bamboo.”




His face dropped momentarily as he got a little defensive. “Oh come on it’s cool, and not only the strongest wood out there but it makes a pretty fucking sturdy house.”




She considered him for a moment and pushed some hair out of her face then adjusted the long fingerless gloves that ran up to her elbows. “So where am I staying?” She asked with a slight grin.




He smiled and replied, “You’ve got two options…the main house…or here you can take my bedroom or….”




“Nick I’m not putting you out of your own bedroom.”




He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders making her look away and close her eyes reveling in the feel of him so close to her. Quickly coming back to earth she heard him reply. “You won’t I have a super comfy air mattress that I went and got so you can put it wherever you want. It’s just set up in my office. There is always the main house, although you’d be completely alone. Beej is off with Mom and Dad and the rest of the family on tour with Aaron…we have the entire place to ourselves!”




She nodded grabbing her duffel bag and headed inside the house…ready to spend the summer away from it all.





“What are you thinking about?” He asked noticing her pensive expression.





She looked over at him and shook her head, “Nothing important…”




He sighed and flipped through the channels stopping on Entertainment Tonight. His eyes widened when he saw Aaron come on screen. “Oh shit what did he do now?” He said aloud, making Alyssa look towards the television.




‘That wasn’t all that happened in sin city this weekend, pop star Aaron Carter got engaged Saturday Night at a Playboy event…’




“Do WHAT?!” Nick exclaimed as Alyssa and him looked at each other completely shocked.
Chapter 26: The Only Difference Between Matyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage by Teri
Author's Notes:
WOW Ok so I'm assuming ya'll want the sequel first. Hehe cool. Anyways yes this is a full chapter so YAYA. Thanks to Presley for some midnight inspiration! (Read we watched old BSB videos and LMAO Nick at 13?!? LMAO) Okay *breathes* this is chapter 26 lot going on this chapter, but as you can see it's beginning to wrap things up since now I have four chapters left to write. Hopefully I'll be working on KDL soon (kinda hit a mental road block). Anyways I was looking on the tens and noticed that I'm number 4 on the favorite authors, number 1 favorite series, numbers 5 and 9 of favorite stories so WOW! THANK YOU!! To all my readers and supporters of the Nothing's Impossible series you've all made this more that what I could have ever dreamed! And I owe all of it to you guys so thank you! And a very special thank you to the three women holding it down as my beta readers, Mel (Mellz_Bellz), Crystal (Presley), and Anita (frackgirl20) you three make me a better writer! And I love you guys for it! Anyways here it is without further adieu chapter 26 of SWIB! As always R&R!!!
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage



Alyssa sighed as Kellie sobbed. She held her close knowing how hard this must be for her. “Kellie honey…”




“I can’t believe my stupid brother!” Angel exclaimed walking in.




Nick came walking back in talking on his cell phone to Juliette. “Let me talk to him, he’s just being stupid.” He explained making Alyssa sigh again for what seemed the millionth time that day.




As soon as they’d heard about Aaron’s engagement they rushed back to LA to find out exactly what the hell was going on. Nick rang off with Juliette and sat down beside Kellie and rubbed her back a little. He knew that there had to be some logical explanation for his brother's weird behavior, but what it was he didn't know...




A day later…




Alyssa relaxed a little as she walked around the house bored out of her mind. She’d been cooped up for a day or so since the news of Aaron’s engagement broke. Thankfully Nick had talked him out of it and that the girl that he’d been engaged to was in fact the girl that had been text messaging Nick just before they’d gotten engaged. Alyssa rolled her eyes at the thought of some chippie bimbo trying to steal Nick from her. 'If he thought he reacted badly to Brandon, just wait until someone tries to take him from me...' she thought chuckling to herself.




Just at that moment Lori came walking in carrying in her camera bringing Alyssa out of her thoughts. “Okay where do you want to set up?” She asked.




Alyssa grinned and motioned over to the couch. With their second anniversary coming up and the media’s attention now firmly focused on Aaron’s debacle she figured now would be a good time for her to make Nick’s present. Essentially it was a photo album, pictures of her, him, candid shots of the two of them together.





Lori directed her appropriately having her draped along the couch with a seductive smile on her face.




Alyssa giggled a little as Lori shot more feminine and sweet shots. “So you’ll have these all printed out for me soon?”




Lori smiled and nodded, “Yep, just let me adjust any lighting in Photoshop and take the best ones. When do you want me to shoot the candid shots?”




She thought for a moment. “Well how about tonight, just hang out here, saying that you’re going to stay over and just catch us when we’re not expecting it.”




“Which means what that you want sex pictures?”




Alyssa busted out laughing, “No, clothes will be involved, I promise.”




“Okay anything in particular?”




She chewed her lip for a second then replied, “Just really intimate moments that would look amazing on film.”




Lori smiled, “Oh I can do that!”




That night...




“Alyssa…stop Lori’s upstairs!” He chided through a barely suppressed groan as she kissed along his throat.




“Like that’s ever stopped you before.” She countered sliding her hands up around his shoulders.




Lori came walking down the stairs and saw them by the pantry. She smirked and grabbed her camera and snapped a shot just as he leaned down to bite Alyssa’s neck making her moan loudly while she gripped his unbuckled belt and began to pull it off of him.




Lori chuckled to herself as she watched the scene and snapped more pictures. She loved how easy it was to photograph them. That sometimes they almost seemed to move in slow motion just to take their time with each other. She had noticed that when they were friends the long glances they’d give each other were a dead giveaway that there always should be something more between them.




Later that night Alyssa relaxed as Nick slept with his arms securely wrapped around her. She looked up and contemplated the ceiling for a moment before looking at his sleeping form beside her. She couldn’t believe how far they’d come since they’d known each other. More so she couldn’t believe the thrill that had ran up her spine when she had found the engagement ring. Even though he said it was Howie’s she couldn’t deny she had the tiniest hope that it was meant for her.




That he was simply holding back for the right moment to ask her to be his wife. She sighed a little, she knew that it was merely a pipe dream; he was constantly saying that he didn’t believe in marriage.




‘Yeah but he always says he’d marry you’ her mind shot back. She turned slightly in his embrace feeling his fingertips graze her spine. She considered him for a moment then whispered, “Marry me?”




After a few moments she saw no response from him she sighed and turned back around holding onto his arms tightly as she fell into a fitful sleep.




The next morning…




Alyssa busied herself in the kitchen making breakfast and preparing the shopping list for what she figured they needed to buy at the store. She was focused so intently on what she was doing she hadn’t even noticed that Lori had trudged into the room.




“Alyssa? Earth to Alyssa!” Lori nearly shouted. When Alyssa finally looked up she added, “Bout damn time!”




“Sorry just a little focused” Alyssa replied.




Lori got a concerned look on her face, “The only time you do that is when something is bugging you about Nick and don’t want to tell him.”




Alyssa sighed and looked up, “I’m tired of waiting.”




“On?”




“Him to ask me to marry him. We’ve been together nearly two years and friends for over ten.”




Lori sighed a little and put her arm around her best friend, “Al, come on you know he wants to ask you, he’s just apprehensive still, and of course wants it to be the perfect time. You know that about him.”




She nodded, “I asked him to marry me last night.”




“You what!?” Lori asked completely bewildered.




Alyssa shook his head, “He was asleep and we were just lying there, and I whispered, ‘marry me’ to him.”




Lori’s eyebrows raised in shock.




“I know, I know, I just had to say it, I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Besides he was dead to the world he didn’t even hear me.”




A moment later Nick came walking in his hair ruffled and his shirt and boxers looking like he grabbed them from the floor on his way down stairs. “Mornin’.” He said pressing his mouth to Alyssa’s forehead momentarily.




She grinned, sighed at his touch and replied, “Morning to you to lover.”




He gave her a lazy half grin as he opened the fridge grabbing the apple juice. “Sorry didn’t sleep well.”




“Why’s that?” Lori asked ready to psychoanalyze at a moments notice.




He shrugged and grabbed a cup pouring himself some juice. “I don’t know I think it was this dream I had.”




“And that would be?” Alyssa asked putting the juice away and handing him a plate of waffles.




He glanced to Lori momentarily before answering. “We were lying in bed and you turned and asked me to marry you.”




Alyssa’s breathing grew shallow for a moment but she recovered quickly, “Really how interesting.”




Lori looked between them for a moment and gauged that Nick looked completely oblivious that the proposal had in fact truly happened. “So why did you have trouble sleeping then?”




Nick shook his head, “I don’t know I mean hell yeah I said yes, but I think maybe it was shock or…”




“Fear?” Alyssa offered.




Nick gave her an odd look as she sobered herself wiping her hands and leaving the kitchen.




“What was that all about?” Nick asked.




Lori shook her head, “Nick are you sure that January is the ‘perfect’ time to ask her?”




“Umm yeah it’ll be amazing.”




Lori sighed and patted him on his shoulder, “You’ve got a very restless young woman on your hands. I suggest major damage control.”




“And why is that?”




“Because Nick she wants you to ask her she wants to marry you more than anything right now. And yes it scares her but hon I think she thinks that the only way to solidify your relationship permanently is to get married.”




“Well that’s a dumb reason to want to get married then. I’ll talk to her about it.” Nick trudged upstairs hearing the shower going and smirked as he walked into the bathroom shedding his clothes and joining Alyssa in the shower. “Hey what’s wrong?” He asked figuring going the dumb guy route would be best.




Alyssa turned a little and stepped under the near scalding spray then gave him a look. “It’s nothing I’m being stupid.”




Nick’s eyes narrowed and he gave her an expression that shot right through her. “Alyssa don’t lie to me, something is bothering you and I think it has to deal with the m-word.”




“M-word?” Alyssa asked playing dumb.




Nick rolled his eyes and backed her up to the cool tile wall making her look up at him. “You’re disappointed that I haven’t asked a certain question yet am I right?”




Alyssa looked away and nodded a little, “It’s not just that though, I just feel like you’re the only good thing in my life lately and…”




“You don’t want to risk losing me so, in your infinite wisdom you thought making it official that we intend to stay together would be a good idea.”




With an astonished expression she nodded. She couldn’t believe how exactly he pinpointed how she was feeling. She figured that Lori had something to do with that but something in her heart said that his own feelings weren’t too far off.




He sighed and wiped away a few water droplets off of her face. “But therein lies our problem. If I went a head and proposed now, when we both have so much going on with the show and your meeting with the department heads, it would seem as if we’re trying to either attract more attention or worse, make it seem like we’re covering our faults by rushing.”




“I know, it’s just I want to just be with you, and I guess I was raised differently that when you feel that way there’s just an order to things you know?”



He grinned a little, “I know and baby we’ll get there okay? Just don’t worry about timelines and shit like that, let’s just be happy together.”




Alyssa grinned and hugged him close, “I can definitely do that.”




A week later…




Aaron rolled his eyes as they rode the elevator, they’d been to four interviews that day and were on their way up to Howard Stern’s studio.




“I mean it Aaron!” Nick chided. “You really fucked up, everyone is thinking that this was either a really stupid move on your part or that it’s some publicity stunt for the show!”




“So what? Not like it fucking matters anyways.” He replied back.




“You hurt Kellie.”




Aaron looked up and tried to hide the pained expression at the mention of her name. “Fuck her, she broke my heart she should have to deal with some pain too.”




Nick shook his head, “You honestly don’t deserve her.” He said as the elevators opened. They plastered smiles on their faces and went into the studio to begin the interview.




Meanwhile…




“Alyssa these tabloid articles are quite unsettling.” Helen stated making Alyssa nod.




“I understand that, and honestly I can’t stand what the media attention may possibly do to my career here. I’ve been doing my ultimate best to focus on my lecture work and such.” She explained.




Jennifer nodded in agreement, “Honestly everyone the media attention has died down quite a bit since the first reports. There isn’t even paparazzi in her class anymore even though it’s just the first couple of weeks of school.”




Helen got a pensive expression on her face and exchanged glances with the rest of the board. “Well we have pretty much decided on your fate before you came here. However…you’re stellar performance reviews and high student evaluation scores prove that you belong here at UCLA. Therefore we’ve decided to put you on temporary probation. Dr. Dietrich is to monitor you in the lecture setting for a period of two months and if she deems that your work has not been compromised by your recent celebrity status. Then you will be taken off probation.”




Alyssa sighed in relief and thanked the board, “I promise I will not let you down.”




“For your sake I hope not.” Helen added as she adjourned the meeting.




Back in New York…




“Nick why do you seem so distracted?” Howard asked.




Nick sighed, “Just worried about my girl she has a very important meeting today.” He answered making Aaron snicker.




“So tell me about her, we’ve all seen the pictures and wow, she’s a knockout, how do you land such beautiful women?”




He smirked a little and replied, “Ali and I have been friends for years, since we were a lot younger thanks to my little sister Leslie. And Ali stuck by my side through everything, she helped me through the whole Paris bullshit and never once asked for anything in return, only to just be as good a friend to her as she is to me.”





“So are you in love?”





“Very much so, we’ve been together nearly two years now and life with her couldn’t get much better.”





“So what happened with Brandon?”




Aaron chimed up, “He tried to steal Ali from him. And got a major beat down for it.”




Nick shot his brother a glance that was the third time he’d let something slip on his brother this week.




“Is that true?” Howard asked with a smirk.




Nick laughed a little, “Brandon and I did get into a scuffle but whatever it’s in the past and apparently I won, I got the girl.” He said recovering a little with a smug smirk on his face.
Chapter 27: Happy Second Anniversary by Teri
Author's Notes:
OMG another update!? In the words of Nick...suh weet...LMAO anyways I'm working on chapter 29 (the second to last chapter) also I'm posting the plot summary for the sequel as well so go check that out too. As always R&R!!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Happy Second Anniversary




*****************************
Alyssa Narrating:




So these past two months have been crazy. Thankfully as you might have noticed Jennifer fought for me to keep my job. Which I would have gone crazy if I lost.




I did not throw myself into school and get done a million years ahead of schedule to let one stupid mistake and one very stupid actor ruin everything. Nope, not gonna happen. And thankfully Jennifer understood that and knows that I love my job that I work my hardest at it. Which is why she actually wants to put me on tenure track. However I need to be working at least one more year to even qualify to be considered to be tenured.




I know insane isn’t it? But alas that’s the teaching system for you.




I’m happy though, these past two months I’ve put all my future concerns on the side and focused on work and spending time with my boyfriend.





Heh I love saying that, my boyfriend. Yes I realize I’m a fool, a fool in love but really I can’t help it. Our conversation in August really opened my eyes. I don’t care anymore about getting married I just want to be by his side.




Getting married someday would be awesome, but honestly I really don’t care when anymore. I guess you’re wondering why the sudden change in my behavior huh? Well it’s because of him. Just the little things, like when it was my dad’s birthday a week ago, he was there and we stayed up all night watching old home movies of my dad, and my family. It was truly something.




Seeing where I was, knowing how far we’ve all come…




Simply amazing if you ask me. It was great for Nick to see my family that way. He’d always been sort of a bystander but now he’s truly part of it. He loved watching videos of Olivia and me when we were in ballet together.




Yes that’s right I, Alyssa Monroe, the tomboy was in ballet.




I loved it though, couldn’t stand the frilly costumes but loved to dance and move with such grace.




I think my favorite part was watching myself in high school, especially with Collin. I miss him a lot because he was just this amazing person that even if I weren’t with him I’d have to be friends with him. He was always, always an amazing listener and friend. As well as the second best boyfriend I’ve ever had.




Ya’ll can guess who wins the crown of best boyfriend. Oh yeah it’s Nick. We just click on so many levels, much more than when we were friends. I mean granted being friends with him was great, but there were some moments I could certainly live without.




Like hearing about/walking in on him with his girlfriends over the years. Honestly I thought he’d be a playboy for life at one point. But Paris, as much as I seriously hate her, taught him a lot about himself, what he wants and what he doesn’t want out of life, career and more importantly love. And I think it helped open his eyes to see me. For the longest time I thought I was literally invisible to him only dropping the cloaking device when he needed a friend to lean on. I know; I know sounds stupid be seriously now that’s how I felt. I almost contemplated dying my hair blonde getting a spray on tan and a push-up bra to get his attention.




Which apparently wouldn’t have done me much good. Because he always says that he wanted to be with me for the longest time but was afraid.




Such a silly boy sometimes.




End Narration.
********************************




“So Alex you going to tell me who this new chick you’re seeing is?”




AJ grinned at Nick, “Nope, not yet at least you’ll see her at Ali’s surprise party.”




Nick chewed on his lip a moment as he looked over the list he made of things for the party. So far Alyssa had been unaware of anything going on everything being arranged by him, Lori, and Kellie through late night phone calls and secret emails. “I hope she likes it…I mean yeah it is a bit of a throwback to her 21st, but it’s not in a lot of ways.”




Brian chuckled, “You’re just hoping for a repeat of what happened that night am I right?”




Nick smirked, “I get that every day are you kidding me?”




Howie chuckled and shook his head, “Still haven’t learned its quality over quantity.”




Nick rolled his eyes and chuckled back, “Who says it can’t always be good?”




Brian shook his head a little in response. “So Leigh told me that she found the engagement ring.”




Nick sighed a little and nodded, “Thank God Lori and the girls were there to cover for me, and if I’d have seen her near it I would have just broke down and asked her.”




“Why’s that?”




“Because I’m getting tired of waiting, but I don’t want to ruin the plan I’ve got.”




Brian patted him on his shoulder, “I was like that when I was getting ready to propose to Leigh. Trust me if you stick to your plan it’ll be perfect no matter what.”




Nick nodded thanking him silently.




“By the way, I asked Lee to marry me…” Howie stated lowly as everyone’s eyebrows shot up in shock. “She said yes. We’re planning a long engagement so don’t plan on anything too large.”




“Holy shit…” AJ remarked.




“What?” The all asked.




AJ took a breath, “Brian’s married, Kevin’s off trying to start a family, Howie’s engaged and Nick’s getting ready to propose, holy shit, I’m going to be the last one standing aren’t I?”




Nick laughed and hit AJ’s shoulder, “’Fraid so Bone.”




Meanwhile…




Alyssa looked around the lecture hall as she watched the students furiously scribble in their bluebooks. She chuckled to herself; she hadn’t made the test that hard, just hard enough to where you had to read the class readings to be able to pass. She sighed a little and flicked open her laptop as her TA, Jordan, made the rounds. She clicked away online going to various sites she normally went to, chuckling to herself at the message boards and their comments.




She’d become a member on a few and befriended some of the fans, of course she wouldn’t dream of actually telling them who she was but still it was nice to interact with them on a level where she wasn’t being judge so closely. Alyssa was aware through the boards that a few of her students were fans of her man, she wondered if they took the class out of general curiosity or just to get a glimpse of who she was.




Glancing at her watch she noticed that it was five minutes until time was up. “Five minutes everyone.” She announced hearing a few gasps of desperation and a couple students come down turning in their exam. One girl stopped and spoke with her for a moment.




“I wanted to thank you Professor Monroe for having such a great discussion going in this class.”




Alyssa grinned and nodded, “You’re welcome, the only way to understand literature is by hearing all the viewpoints and differing opinions.”




The girl smiled and replied, “Yeah but it’s still cool you’ve been able to do it even with the media attention.”




“I know it sucks sometimes but it’s life you just gotta deal and move on right?”




The girl nodded in agreement, “By the way good luck with him, we’re pulling for ya.” She remarked before walking away.




Alyssa stood there for a moment figuring she just had an encounter with a fan. She shook her head and chuckled under her breath as she picked up her sidekick and text messaged Nick the news.




That night…




Alyssa smirked as she looked at the date. “Baby…. guess what?” She semi shouted.



Nick popped his head into the office and gave her a lopsided grin. “What?”




She looked up and motioned to the calendar, “Do you realize what day it is?”




He gave her an odd look, “Three days before your birthday and our anniversary?”




She shook her head, “Besides that, it’s exactly two years ago tonight that we made out for the first time.”




He snickered at her comment, “Only you would remember something like that.” Nick shook his head and walked over pulling his computer chair across the room to sit next to hers. “That’s crazy…it’s been two years already since then?”




“I know seems like yesterday…”




“Seems like yesterday we were just meeting.” Nick added.




She grinned, “Well no that seems like an eternity ago, seems like yesterday that you said that you love me.”




He laced their fingers for a moment and gave her a long kiss. As he broke it moments later he replied, “And I still do love you.”




She opened her eyes slowly and took a deep breath, “You’re evil.”




“Why??”




She giggled softly at him, “Because no one kissed me like that ever.”




“Not even Collin?”




“Nope not even Collin.”




He grinned getting immense satisfaction out of the fact that no one could kiss her like he did. He hated to admit it but hearing about her with her previous boyfriends, even though she never slept with any of them, it still felt like icy fingers down his spine. He couldn’t control it, he just hated the idea of any other man making her feel better than he could make her feel. He glanced to her desk seeing some photographs of the two of them. “What are these?”




She grinned and handed them to him, “You’re anniversary present, I know early but since our anniversary falls on my birthday I figured we’d celebrate it a little early this year.”




He looked through them seeing the various candid shots of the both of them. He stopped on the picture she hoped he would. The one of him biting her neck as she pulled off his belt, with this satisfied grin on her face. “Okay this is getting blown up and put near our bed.”




“I know isn’t it just perfect? Also I have these for your private collection.” She added handing him a leather-bound photo album.




He looked inside seeing pictures of Alyssa, some cute, some goofy, some borderline risqué. He stopped on two pictures one where she was by the window in their bedroom staring at the camera with her eyes a dark emerald and her face with a pensive yet mysterious expression. The second picture was on their bed; she was draped across the white sheets in white lingerie her hair splayed all over the bed as she gave the camera a ‘come hither’ look. “Sweet Jesus, Ali these are amazing.”




She grinned, “I figured you would love them!”




“Who took all of these?”




“Remember when Lori spent the night?”




He thought for a moment, “Yeah?”




“That’s when.”




“Wow…” He said pausing a moment. He got up and went to his desk pulling out a light blue Tiffany’s necklace box wrapped in a bow.




“This is for you.”




“Nick you didn’t have to buy me anything.” She replied taking the present.




“Oh I know it’s not as expensive as you think and I got you this as well.” He said handing her a dark blue gift bag.




She looked up at him mysteriously for a moment and opened the necklace box seeing a beautiful chain with an oval shaped locket on it. Inscribed on the front was a cursive uppercase ‘A’ for her name. “Nick this is so sweet!”




“Open the locket.” He said urging her to open it. When she did a very tiny piece of folded paper popped out and onto the desk. Before looking at the paper she looked inside the locket seeing a very small picture on one side of the two of them smiling as Andre had snapped the picture back on the Never Gone tour. “That’s from our anniversary last year, from Stuttgart, Germany.”




She grabbed his wrist motioning for him to sit as she bit back her emotions. “That’s the sweetest thing in the world…”




“Oh it gets worse trust me.” He said laughing motioning to the bag.




She opened the bag taking out the leather-bound sketchbook that she had given him back in 2002 for his birthday. “Umm okay what’s this for.”




“Open it and there’s also a couple of other things in there too.”




Her brow furrowed in confusion as she opened the sketchbook. In it weren’t merely just sketches. Each sketch had an accompanying picture, of her or the picture had a poem or lyrics he’d written over the past few years. “Wow this is beautiful…”




“All these lyrics, poems, everything is about you.” When he still saw that she didn’t fully understand still he continued, “Since you gave me this, I added all my sketches of you that I did when I was bored, all the poems and lyrics I wrote about you when I was afraid to say anything. Even things like little pictures and things from when we were just friends, shells from the beach where we first met, and the hospital bracelet from when you hurt yourself. I had all of these somewhere hell most of them I had to trek all around the country for. All of them are dated; basically it proves that I’ve felt this way for a very long time. And that no matter what friends or together you’re a part of my life.”




Her expression softened, “Wow, this is just beautiful, I love it.”




He grinned at her, “Good because it took me forever!”




“I love it simply because you made it for me and that it’s beautiful.”




He dug into the bottom of the bag pulling out an envelope that looked a little stuffed. “And this would be your other gift, you can look at it now but umm I found the one you’d made about me so I figured I’d make one about you too.”




Alyssa opened the envelope and looked seeing a list. Immediately she recognized it, it was exactly like the list she’d made about him when she was uncertain of her feelings for him.




1. The way her eyes change color depending on her mood.
2. How she chews on her bottom lip when she’s writing.
3. The way my clothes look on her.





She read more and stopped placing the papers on her desk. “Nick this is just perfect, I couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary gift.”




“Good because on your birthday you’re getting spoiled.”




She chuckled at him as he pulled her into a long kiss.




Two days later…




Alyssa stirred slowly coming out of a dream. She rolled over reaching out for Nick but instead felt nothing but bed sheets. She remembered her mother calling early that morning and Nick had been there giving her the best reason to get off the phone as quickly as possible. She turned her head up opening her eyes seeing a single red rose and a note. Curious she gathered the sheets up around her naked form and inhaled the sweet scent of the flower placing it on her lap as she opened the small note and his nearly illegible script on it.




Take today and relax get pampered and girly on me…no buts it’s your birthday. Because of course tonight you’re all mine…




Love,




Nick





Next to her on the nightstand an envelope laid she picked it up opening it gasping at the IOU inside for a complete spa day for her, Kellie and Lori at LA’s trendiest spa.




She giggled and got up taking a quick shower and threw on a pair of low-rise jeans and a comfy tee shirt. She bounded down the stairs seeing Kellie and Lori standing in the foyer waiting for her. “Wait what are you two?”




Kellie laughed, “Nick just left he let us in.”




“He left?”




“Yep he said he wants to see you tonight and not before then because he’s got plans for you.”




“Oh boy, I’m in for it aren’t I?”




Kellie smirked and exchanged a glance with Lori. “Most definitely.”




A few hours later Alyssa relaxed as she had her hair styled. She opted for a shorter style of just above her shoulders. She sighed a little and sent Nick a text message thanking him for the day of relaxation that included a deep tissue massage, manicure, pedicure, the works.




Meanwhile Nick felt his sidekick buzz as he pulled it out having a feeling that it was from Alyssa.




Thanks for the spa day lover…you do realize you’re so getting laid for this right?




He smirked and went back to the meeting knowing that he’d call her later. Nick looked around seeing the setup at Koi, like him it was her favorite restaurant, mainly because it had the best sushi in town. He smiled again as he directed people to set up the various tables with little Nightmare Before Christmas centerpieces that included Jack, Sally, Lock, Shock and Barrel and most of the cast of odd characters.




Olivia giggled as she checked things off the list and turned to look at him. “She’s so going to love you for this.”




“Like she doesn’t already.” Nick shot back.




“True, but the present you got her, genius Nick pure genius!” Olivia remarked with a grin.




He shrugged, “I try, but yeah she’ll love it, since she’s such a history and literary buff.”




“Yeah and romantic trip to Italy is totally spoiling the hell out of her.”




Nick laughed and put his arm around her, “Oli, come on you know she deserves it.”




“Yeah I do.” She replied, “It’s weird you’re like another brother to me.”




“You’re like an older sister to me. And believe me I don’t need anymore sisters.”




She laughed a little and patted his back. “Yeah but you make my sister happy so you’re okay.”




He grinned, “Thanks Oli, love ya too!” He said giving her a bear hug.




“Nick…need…air!” She managed to say. He let her go and they busted out laughing at one another.




That night…




Alyssa walked out of the bathroom putting on her midnight blue silk cocktail dress and matching shoes she’d gotten earlier in the day. She slipped into the outfit loving the feel of silk against her bare skin. Nick came walking in at that moment and whistled at her. She chuckled and did a spin for him.




He noticed her much shorter hair and already decided that he loved it. It had been curled just so into a very loose bob almost 1920s style but still long enough that when straightened that the ends would just barely brush across her shoulders. “You cut your hair.”




She grinned, “Yep, needed a change but I love it it’s not too short and not long enough to get annoying.”




He brushed a few stray strands out of her face and tipped her chin up just enough for him to lean down slightly to kiss her. She slid her hands up his chest to his shoulders as she sighed into the kiss opening her mouth slightly to deepen the kiss. He groaned into the kiss as he slipped his hand from her hip up over the silky material to the smooth skin of her back.




Just then Nick’s sidekick buzzed signaling them that it was time for them to leave for their ‘reservation’. Reluctantly he pulled back smiling that she was wearing her locket and diamond studs her father given her when she’d turned 18. “I love the new ‘do.” He remarked as she slipped on her shoes grabbed her clutch and slid her hand into his.




“You really like it?” She asked a little amazed that he did.




He squeezed her hand as he led her out to the car helping her in. He ran around to the other side and got in, “Of course it looks great on you, and the little layers or whatever you call them around your face make it look great.”




Her entire face lit up at his praise for her good choice in hairstyles. “I’m glad you like it, when it’s straight it looks just as awesome, and I can still pull it up and out of my face if I need to.” She explained as he drove them to Koi.




He grinned and placed his hand on her bare lower thigh just above her knee and just below where the hem of her dress was. “So don’t get mad at me but I got us a private room at Koi, so we can be left alone. That okay?”




She shook her head and smiled, “Of course it’s fine, and you know me I don’t care much about it.”




He sighed and pulled up in front of the restaurant helping her out while the paparazzi snapped photos of them he took her hand and handed his key to the valet. Ignoring the pleas of the photographers to stay for a moment they went inside quickly being ushered to the private room by the maitre de. Nick opened the door and Alyssa gasped as she saw the decorations and everyone.




“Surprise!” They all shouted as she beamed happily seeing all their friends and family there.




She walked in giving everyone a hug as Nick watched her. He led her over to the main table where there was seated, Kellie, AJ, Lori, Clark, Olivia, Angela, Jenna, and Mary. Nick gave AJ a look seeing him grin and look at Kellie. He raised his eyebrows in surprise and nodded in approval.




Alyssa looked at the two of them, “Are you two?” She asked.




AJ and Kellie sighed grinning a bit, “Yeah sort of we just started dating a month ago.” Kellie replied.




Nick looked around the room seeing Aaron sitting with his sisters looking none too happy at the news of the new couple. He rolled his eyes a little. A few moments later the waiters brought everyone food and drinks as they mingled around.




Bobbie came up with Wes and a tall girl with nearly platinum blonde hair. Bobbie laughed as she gave her brother a hug and giving one to Alyssa as well. “Hey I wanted to introduce to you a friend of mine from work, this is Emma Foster.”




Nick smiled at her, “Oh this is the one you were telling me about!” Nick remarked shaking Emma’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you Bobbie talks about you a lot.”




“Thank you, she talks a lot about you too. This must be the birthday girl Alyssa?” Emma asked turning her attention to Alyssa.




“Hi Emma, thank you so much for coming.” Alyssa replied sincerely.




“I’m really glad I decided to come.” Emma answered back her brilliant blue eyes sparkling.



A few hours later…




Alyssa giggled profusely at the present she’d received from AJ and Kellie. “That’s awesome you two, thank you.”



“Welcome honey.” Kellie answered back.




Mary handed Alyssa a small box. “You father wanted me to give you this when you turned 16 but we didn’t think you were ready yet. But I figured now would be a good time.” She explained as Alyssa opened the jewelry box displaying a strand of ivory colored pearls.




“Oh momma this is gorgeous!” She exclaimed leaning over giving her a long hug.




“They were my grandmother’s and now I pass them down to you. Olivia got ones from your father’s side, so both my girls have a strand of pearls now.”




She grinned and took the rather large box from Jenna. “Do I want to know what’s in here?”




“Open it!” Jenna exclaimed excitedly. “It’s more of a gift for the both of you since it’s your anniversary and all but yeah you’ll get a kick out of it.




Alyssa smirked as she opened the lid and shrieked with laughter as she saw it’s contents. “Jenna how’d you know!?”




“Because I’m just cool like that.”




Alyssa giggled looking at the various ‘gag’ gifts inside, warming massage oil, edible body paint, honey dust, handcuffs, a cat-o-nine tails whip, along with lingerie, and a vibrating tongue ring that made Alyssa cackle. “We have one of these already.” Alyssa remarked motioning to the tongue stud.




Nick laughed when he saw it’s contents but sobered when he looked over and saw Mary’s face. He knew that Mary hadn’t really known just how freaky her youngest daughter could be. “Mary you alright?” He asked.




Mary nodded and laughed a little, “She’s exactly like her father was.”




Alyssa’s nose wrinkled and she made a slight gagging sound, “Mom you and Dad screwing…not a picture I’d want to imagine.”




Mary laughed and gave her daughter a pat on her thigh.




Finally after everyone else had gone Nick handed her a long envelope. “I know, I know we already did presents for the anniversary but I think you’ll love this.”




Alyssa gave him an odd look and took the envelope opening them seeing two roundtrip tickets to Da Vinci Airport, in Rome, Italy. Her eyes widened when she looked at the dates, they’d be spending an entire month there. “Oh my God!!!” She shrieked and through her arms around his neck. “Baby thank you!!!!!” She squealed.




“What is it?”




“A trip to Italy!!!” She nearly shouted with a beaming smile. She turned to Nick, “You are going to love it, all the historical places, the culture, the language.”




“You speak Italian?” Kevin asked giving her a grin.




Alyssa nodded emphatically, “I’m fluent I learned growing up with Nana.”




“Really?” Leighanne asked amazed.




“Si signora Littrell.”




“That sounds like Spanish.” Howie remarked.




“Yeah Spanish, Italian and French all sound alike.” She explained and looked back down at the tickets with a grin. She turned to Nick giving him a hug again and whispered, “Grazie, ti voglio bene.”




When she pulled back he got a confused look on his face. “It means thanks and I love you.” She replied lowly.




He grinned and gave her a quick kiss. Nick shook his head a little after breaking the kiss, apparently still in shock at hearing her speak Italian; the only time she’d ever done that was with her Nana and that was to not include him in on the conversation so they could trade secrets or even perhaps discuss him without even knowing it.




Late that night…




Nick opened the door leading Alyssa into the house as she stumbled taking off her shoes a little tipsy from all the sake she’d imbibed at the party. He chuckled and picked her up as she had unsuccessfully tried to remove her shoes.




“Nick I’m not that drunk, just pleasantly buzzed.”




He smirked and carried her upstairs setting her on the bed opening his hand for her to give him her foot. When she did he took her shoe slipping it off and tossing it over his shoulder. She giggled as he did the same with the other. She sat up and went for his shirt untucking it and began unbuttoning it from the bottom up. He shrugged off his jacket and shirt as she undid the snap at his waist. He kicked his pants, socks and shoes off then backed away going around the room lighting a couple candles here and there then turned off the lights giving the room an ethereal glow.




She watched him move around the room and got up going to the bathroom removing her makeup and tousling her hair a bit. She grinned at her reflection remembering the mental pep talk she’d given herself in this very same room two years before. If she knew then that they’d be here now, celebrating her 23rd birthday, still together throughout all the drama of the past two years.




Her graduation, their relationship, her father’s death, the miscarriage, breaking up and reconciling, Brandon, and the tabloids. Any other couple would probably have packed it in ages ago she thought to her. But they hadn’t. She smirked at herself and brushed her teeth before heading out into the bedroom where Nick was turning down the bed standing in a pair of his favorite boxers.





She smirked and walked over to him wrapping her arms around his waist from behind and laid her head against his back. He leaned back a little and closed his eyes just content to feel her next to him. He pulled her hands away for a moment and turned to her sitting on the bed making him just a little shorter than her.




“How did you say I love you in Italian again?”




She grinned and replied, “Ti voglio bene. Sounds like tee voh-hlee-oh ben-ay.” She said sounding it out for him.




He considered her for a moment a then spoke slowly, “Ti voglio bene.” He said with a grin.




Her entire face lit up like a Christmas tree as she leaned in giving him a slow kiss. His grin faded a little as he leaned them back onto the bed and rolled them over. Alyssa watched him as he raised his upper body up to his elbows.




“Sarà tu fai l’amore a me?” She whispered with a slight smile.




“I have no idea what you just asked but yes to whatever it was.” He replied chuckling a bit as he leaned down to kiss along her neck.
Chapter 28: The Ties That Bind....And Gag by Teri
Author's Notes:
lol no this is not a bondage chapter I promise, it's all about family I believe lol. I'm currently working on chapter 30 right now....soooo hopefully I'll finish that? Yay! Story is almost complete! As always R&R and to my readers who haven't posted a review yet please do so I'd LOVE to hear what ya'll think ok?

*muah* enjoy!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Ties That Bind…and Gag




“I don’t want to watch it.” Nick said gruffly.




Alyssa gave him a stern look, “You need to! How are you ever going to know how other people perceive you or to see what you’re doing wrong and how to fix it unless you do?” She reasoned.




He shot her a defiant look, “Are you saying I’m doing something wrong?”




Alyssa rolled her eyes and snorted at him, “Nickolas Gene I’m sorry but dear you bottle up your emotions. Second of all have you seen how your sisters act towards each other? Leslie’s the outcast because she doesn’t go along with Angel and Beej, and do not even get me started about Bobbie’s drinking. Or hmm let’s see Aaron doesn’t treat you with respect when he should. Need I go on?”




Nick sighed and gave her a look, “And what do you suppose I do about it?”




“Stop holding your anger back, I know you’re still pissed off at Aaron for the whole Paris thing. And you have every right to be. But you need to see for yourself what your anger and bottled up resentment does to others, to your siblings and namely me.” She watched as his eyes darkened another shade a clear indication that he was pissed off.




“Easier said than done.”





“Excuses! I’m serious Nick. I’m sorry but over the past few months of becoming closer to you and your siblings I’ve seen what your parents did to you guys and it’s despicable. I can’t believe I held them in such high regard for so long.”




He considered her for a moment but said nothing in response.




“Nick I realize they’re still your parents and that deep down you love them. But seeing you get hurt because they act the way they do hurts me. I can see the resentment and pain in your eyes whenever you talk about them.”




He looked away at that moment, “I know I did the show to try and help the siblings heal.”




“And why is that? Because you feel responsible for your parents divorce?”




He looked around the room not answering her, a clear indication that she was right.




Alyssa put her arms around his shoulders and made him look at her, “It is not your fault.”




“Whatever…” He said lowly.




Undeterred she made him look into her eyes, “Nick what happened was NOT your fault. You can’t blame yourself for the problems your parents caused for themselves.”




“If it weren’t for me my parents wouldn’t have gotten married.”




“Fuck them, its their fault not yours. They created their own problems.”




“The fame didn’t help.”




Alyssa scoffed, “So you’re not supposed to enjoy your success based off of YOUR talent because they decided to use you as a meal ticket?”




He sighed, “But the fame drove us apart.”




She sighed, “The fame is what destroyed your family, if anything it kept you together longer because of the money. When you and Aaron started putting your foot down that’s when the in-fighting started.”




“They always fought.”




“Yeah because they didn’t care about each other, they didn’t care about you, Aaron or the girls. Why do you think they had so many kids? Because like many couples they think ‘having kids will keep us together’.”




“True.”




“Yeah and you do not need to have their negativity, and that pain anymore. Look at yourself, you’re 26-years-old, you’ve made music history! You’ve come so far in your life, don’t let them drag you down to their level.”




“I know, it just hurts I want a relationship with them. I want what you have with your parents. Well at least had with Jamie and now have with Mary.”




Alyssa leaned in and brushed her lips to his, “You’re amazing do you realize that. How many guys your age actually would do what you’ve done for me, for your siblings, hell even for your parents? Not a whole lot would do it. You’re so generous with your heart you don’t realize that sometimes certain people aren’t worthy of it.”




A week later…




“You’re not still mad that I left the band are you?” Kevin asked folding his napkin.




Nick chewed on his tongue for a moment as he tried to think of a more diplomatic answer. “I understand why you did it, you want a family and all.”




“But?” Kevin asked knowing that it was coming anyways.




“We need you Kev. You don’t know how many times during recording that we’ll be discussing something and we still wait for you to tell us what to do.”




Kevin’s expression softened and he sighed, “It’s okay to hate me you know. I understand why. You and Alex are the two youngest, you’re my baby brothers and I know that you feel abandoned. You felt that way when Brian got married.”




Nick rolled his eyes and sighed. “No it’s just I don’t know…”




Kevin considered him for a moment then spoke, “Nick I understand, you’re going through a lot with the show and settling down with Ali, it’s a lot to handle. And I’m still here for you, whether you like it or not.”




He sighed again and smiled a little. “Kev, I’m not scared, everything is changing and it’s weird. But I’m not afraid like I thought I would be.”




“Is this about Ali?”




“Yeah.”




He grinned, “You know I love Ali, she’s everything that the four of us hoped you’d find. And the reason why you’re not scared, is because she’s the one. We all see it. You’re happier, calmer, more focused when she’s around. And you’re a hell of a lot less angry.”





“I’m not always angry.” Nick replied getting defensive.




“You may try to hide it but everyone can see that aggression in you that’s dying to come out. You need a positive outlet. Why not play the drums more often?”




He nodded, “Good idea…”




“Anyways back to my favorite Libra, how is she?”




“Good, beautiful as ever. She’s working a lot so she’s usually on campus or holed up in the office at home.”




“And you provide distractions right?”




“Of course, she loves it when I distract her, with a movie, or video game or….”




“You’re 26-years-old you should be able to say you like fucking your girlfriend.”





He chuckled a bit, “Oh yeah we love that.”




Later that afternoon…





Nick walked into the house hearing music come from upstairs. He knew that today was Alyssa’s day off and she’d spent much of it in the office grading term papers and preparing her lectures for the following week as well as formulating the final exam. He rolled his eyes as he heard the sounds of SexyBack coming from their bedroom stereo.




He went up the stairs and into their room stopping in the doorway leaning against the doorjamb as he saw her in a camisole and boy short underwear. She had her back to him and as swiveling her hips to the music. Her hair was wet so it looked like she’d just taken a shower he decided. He stayed still not moving and not making a sound as she moved around the room shaking her hips to the beat of the music.




When the song faded he clapped slowly making Alyssa jump and whirl around. “Jesus, Nick!!!”




He laughed and walked over, “You done bringing sexy back?”




Alyssa’s cheeks flushed crimson and she looked away. “How long were you standing there?”




“Long enough to know my girlfriend is a closet Justin Timberlake fan.”




She snickered a little, “I like his music, that’s about it.”




“Still that was highly entertaining watching you dance around in your underwear to SexyBack.” He remarked sitting down on the bed as he barely contained his laughter.





“Fuck you.” Alyssa said covering her face in embarrassment.




Nick grabbed her wrist as she turned away and pulled her to stand between his legs. “Come on you know I’m kidding right? I don’t give a shit what music you like, I just thought it was funny because you never listen to it around me.”




“Well I figured you wouldn’t want to listen to it considering the media likes to play the whole Backstreet versus N*sync thing.”




“Yeah, yeah I think you’re just harboring a crush on him.”




Alyssa cackled, “You’re kidding right? Please if I wanted to date Britney and Cameron’s sloppy seconds and thirds I would date Jared Leto first.”





Nick laughed, “Jared Leto dated Britney?”





“Well that was the rumor I heard in 2003 after Cam and Justin started going out.”




He laughed even harder at the ridiculousness of their conversation. “This is so retarded we’re talking about celebrity gossip.”




Alyssa laughed with him agreeing with the ludicrousness of their conversation.




A week later…





Nick walked into the kitchen carrying bags upon bags of groceries. He knew that Alyssa wanted to make Thanksgiving dinner but what he didn’t realize is just how much they’d need to buy to serve his siblings, them, her mom, and siblings, along with Lori and Angela, and of course Leslie’s boyfriend Mike. All in all they had to feed 12 people. Alyssa came walking in with the rest of the bags and they unloaded everything into the fridge. Then she took out the frozen pies and tossed them in the oven to bake.





“Why are you cooking now?” He asked a bit bewildered.





“Because tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I’m getting the pies and easy to prepare stuff out of the way tonight so I only have the turkey, yams, and green bean casserole to cook tomorrow and the rest is either on a deli tray or can be reheated in the warm oven tomorrow.” She explained.





“Ah, so it’ll make it easier?”




“Yep tons easier my dad and I used to do this the night before Thanksgiving every year.” She replied getting a slight grin on her face.




He picked up some of the food prepared to help her in any way he could, “Well then let’s keep the tradition going then.” He said with a grin.




*******************************
Nick Narrating:





I think I’ve out done myself. Honestly, we stayed up most of the night cooking and laughing all getting prepared for what’s probably going to end up in a screaming match between my sisters and my brother’s annoying meddling.





Oh yeah I want to kill Aaron, he’s been making the DUMBEST choices lately. First he didn’t tell Kellie how he feels, then he gets engaged?!?




Worst of all he outs me three fucking times on the radio. First with the fact that Paris cheated with Chad Michael Murray, then the whole Ashlee situation, and finally talking about the fight between Brandon and I. Honestly can I strangle him? I feel like I’m in an episode of the Simpson’s and I’m Homer (no jokes please I’m tired and not in the mood) and he’s Bart and all I want to do is say “why you little…” and strangle him like Homer does.




I know sounds comical but it’s true, the kid is pissing me off a lot lately.




Don’t even get me started on the girls.




You’d think that three sisters close in age would be tight right? Yeah that’s what I thought, but nooooo. Leslie’s always sulking about something, Angel and Bobbie are always plotting a prank on her. It’s like um okay and you two wonder why she doesn’t want to be around you?




I already gave Angel this talk and she’s trying to change, Bobbie is a whole other story.




We all confronted her about her drinking. She’s spiraling I know it, I can see it. But she won’t listen to us. Lissa gave me the idea of shipping her off to Kevin or better yet Alex. But knowing her she’d sneak out and go to a bar. It saddens me to see my family like this. They’re all such amazing people and they let the bullshit our parents caused ruined their lives and attitudes.




I know I sound like Ali now as I sit here looking at all of my family. This is my family now. Ali’s and mine combined to create some weird hybrid full of dysfunctional powers. Hmm maybe we’d give the Justice League a run for it’s money? Ah hell friggin’ Aqua Teen Hunger Force would kick our asses in an instant. Anyways I should be getting back to my point. Thankfully Alyssa’s side is balancing out the crazy quotient and keeping everyone relatively calm. It’s nice for once to have a holiday dinner that actually resembles some form of civilization. I thank my girl for that one, she didn’t bring out any alcohol at all opting for soda, juice, and water for everyone. Which of course I can see did not make Bobbie the least bit happy. I’m sure she’s plotting to search for it later. But Alyssa locked it up in our game room bar. She’s always been the smart one that’s for sure. She even went ahead and talked to Leslie about trying to keep the anti-family talk to a minimum.




I love Leslie, honestly I do, but she pisses me off sometimes.




Yes I know I need to work on my anger issues, I realize this especially after Alyssa made me watch the show. I didn’t know people saw me that way. Looking back on it I flew off the handle a lot more than I really needed to.




I think I let my emotions get the best of me. I try to hide it but it eventually just builds up to the point where I lash out over something really stupid. For example the huge fight with Aaron. I let my anger about the whole Paris thing boil inside of me for two freaking years almost and then let it all come out because I was tired and cranky and he was being a little punkass about his music.




Needless to say it’s not one of my prouder moments. But at least it got out there. And yeah maybe I lost some fans by doing the show but I really don’t care. If they’re dumb enough to put me on a pedestal that is so high that they themselves can even achieve then they’re not worth being fans. The real ones are the ones who support me, the boys, my family through thick and thin. That’s why I’m in the business still it’s because I do have a lot of really amazing fans. Some of which are in Alyssa’s class.





It made me laugh when she told me that. But nervous at the same time. What would they say if she didn’t pass them. Truly they only have themselves to blame, but I really do not want a repeat of Mandy all over again. That time in my life sucked, right as we were the most successful, and I was the happiest I’d been in years, it all comes crashing down because some idiot obsessive stalker fans don’t like the fact that I have a girlfriend.




Shit like that always seems to happen to me, which is why a lot of the times when I’m happy I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop because inevitably…




It will.




End Narration.
*********************************
Chapter 29: Winter Wonderland by Teri
Author's Notes:
Ok this chapter is rather short, because the final chapter is going to be rather long. I know, I know I'm working on it but you've got ONE chapter left and that's chapter 30 soooooo yeah and then hopefully the sequel will start soon. Anyways as always r&r!!!!
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Winter Wonderland




Alyssa shrieked as she dodged a snowball that was aimed at her head. She ran behind a tall oak tree and threw a snowball at Nick smacking him right in the chest.




“You’re so in for it!” He shouted chasing after her. She shrieked and laughed as she ran from him completely glad they decided to spend Christmas in Flagstaff with Alyssa’s family.




Alyssa shrieked every time Nick came close to catching her, getting closer and closer every time. Finally he caught up to her hooking his arm around her waist and tumbling them into a large bank of soft white powder. Alyssa turned laying half on top of him, “This was fun…” She said breathlessly.




He grinned and relaxed for a moment, “Yeah I haven’t felt this carefree since…well it’s been a pretty fucking long time.” He said making her chuckle at him.





She got up and held out her hand to help him up. He waved off her hand and stood of his own accord making Alyssa snort at him. “Fine I don’t want to help you either.”




He snickered at her and put an arm around her shoulders leading her back up to the cabin Mary had rented for the holidays. He was a little sad that the sisters couldn’t make the trip to spend the holidays. Leslie tried but all the flights out of Toronto were cancelled due to a major ice storm. Aaron had made the trip but spent most of his time sulking in his room. Bobbie was spending the holidays with Wes since they were on again and Angel had a modeling job for the day after Christmas.




He sighed and walked them back up to the house, once inside they shed their winter wear and warming up by the fire before Alyssa headed into the kitchen pouring her and Nick to large cups of tea. She walked out to the living room handing Nick his cup as he sat on the couch with his thermal sock covered feet resting on the coffee table. He took the mug and patted the couch cushion next to him and she smirked sitting next to him half leaning on him.




They both sat in silence just enjoying each other’s company. Alyssa set her cup down and snuggled in closer to him folding her legs underneath her and laid her head on his shoulder. He set the mug down on the end table just in his reach and wrapped his arms around her and played with the sleeve of her sweater.




About twenty minutes later Nick glanced to Alyssa’s face seeing her eyes had drifted shut. Carefully he rearranged them on the couch so that they were lying down and she was on him resting her head on his chest. He relaxed into the couch and felt her shift just slightly adjusting herself in her slumber. He grinned at the small half moan that escaped her as she moved. Feeling her fully relax he did as well closing his eyes letting exhaustion overtake him.




That night…




Alyssa awoke to odd surroundings and a very sharp kink in her neck. She moved to sit seeing that she was in the living room of the cabin. She looked back to the couch and smirked seeing that Nick was still out cold. Just then Mary came into the room.




“Well look who decided to wake up finally.” She remarked whispering a little so as not to wake Nick up.




Alyssa lifted herself up from the couch, grabbed the tea mugs and walked with her mother into the kitchen dumping out the excess tea and rinsing the cups. “So what made you decide to get a cabin this year?” Alyssa asked.





She sighed a little, “Your father loved coming up here, this was where we always came to get out of the city for a weekend.”





“Momma.” Alyssa interjected giving her mother a hug. “I know it’s been so hard on you. I’m sorry I haven’t been around as much as I should be…”







Mary shook her head, “No don’t apologize you’ve been there when it counts. You have your own life, you have Nick and…”




“But you’re so much more important than anything I’ve got going in my life.”




Mary smiled softly and rubbed her daughter’s back. “You’re so much like him. It pains me sometimes to look at you. I see my Jamie’s eyes, I see his personality. You may have tried so hard to be different but you’re exactly like him.”




Alyssa grinned as Nick walked into the room with a groggy look on his face. “Hey, had a good nap?” She asked.




He nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her from behind as he rested his jaw against her temple.




“Are you two coming to midnight mass tonight?”




Alyssa gave her mother a weird look as well as Nick. “You remember Nick’s not Catholic right?”




Mary smirked, “Yes Miss smarty pants. But he believes in God so it’s all the same to me.”




“Won’t I get struck down by the door?” Nick joked.




Alyssa and Mary laughed at his joke and Alyssa squeezed his hands that hers rested on top of. “No you should be fine, do you want to go?” Alyssa asked hoping he’d decline, she knew it was cheesy and clichéd but she wanted to spend at least a few hours having a terribly romantic Christmas Eve.




Nick thought for a moment he’d never been to a Catholic mass before, the only times he’d ever been to church were for weddings. “Actually yeah I think it might be cool to see what goes on.”




Alyssa gave him a sideways glance, “Are you sure? Catholic mass is not for the faint of heart.”




“More like it’s not for the one with weak knees.” Mary countered making them laugh.




“Okay I get that it’s funny but why??” He asked a little confused.




Alyssa smirked and rubbed her index finger over his knuckles. “Because…well…you’ll see…”




Two hours later…




Nick and Alyssa walked up to the church along with Olivia, Angela, Clark, Lori, baby Jamie in his carrier, Aaron, and Mary.




“Why do I have to go?” Aaron asked a little dismayed, he wanted to sulk.




Clark smacked Aaron upside the head, “Because your soul needs a savin’.” Clark proclaimed faking the haughtiest southern accent he could muster.




Alyssa busted out laughing at her brother.




Mary chuckled as well and got a somewhat horrified look on her face. “You sound exactly like my father.”




Clark looked over at his mother and raised his eyebrows. “What? I sound like Grandpa Landon?”




“That’s freaky, now that you mention it he does Momma…” Olivia remarked as they entered the church each Monroe taking a little bit of holy water from the small bowls attached to the wall at each doorway and made the sign of the cross.




Nick and Aaron exchanged a glance and just shrugged following them figuring they’d joke about the various idiosyncrasies of Catholicism.





As they took their seats towards the middle Mary and the girls all moved forward to kneel on the church pew leaving Clark holding onto baby Jamie. With a smug smirk Aaron leaned towards Nick and whispers, “This is MY kind of church.”




Nick gave him a look of indignation and swatted the back of his head. “Dude, show some respect, you’re in fucking church.” He whispered back.




Aaron rolled his eyes at the hypocrisy of Nick’s statement, “And cussing in church is not a sin?” He said as the girls sat back against the pews.




Alyssa looked at the two of them and shook her head. “I can’t take you two anywhere can I?”




Nick smirked and leaned in, “When you girls kneeled he made a sex joke about it.”




Alyssa snickered and whispered back, “Like you weren’t thinking the same thing.”




He bit the inside of his cheek for a moment to stifle the laughter threatening to spill out of him, “Nah I was thinking more along the lines of the confessional.”




Alyssa’s eyes grew large as if he’d committed some form of blasphemy. “Nick! I may be a freak but sh…crap baby not in a church!” She whisper-yelled back.




Throughout the mass Aaron and Nick exchanged a lot of glances, mostly out of complete bewilderment at the various rituals of the mass. What they found most amusing was the fact that you moved around a lot, it was always sit for a moment, stand then sit back down, kneel, sit, stand, and so on.




Afterwards everyone made their way back to the cabin and yawned since it was already 1:45 AM. Nick and Alyssa bid everyone good night and headed up to their room. Once inside Alyssa laid back on the cushy bed sighing a little.




“What’s up?” He asked recognizing that it was her sigh of frustration mainly.




She sat up and began unzipping her boots then kicked them off while she thought of an answer. “Well…” She began. “I just…feel like tonight was a total waste…”




He gave her an odd look, “Why you spent time with your family?”




“Yes but I wanted to have a romantic Christmas Eve with you.”




Nick smiled a little and moved about the room stripping down to his boxers. “And what would we have done?”




She gave him a sideways glance for a minute and then replied, “Hot tub, or just sat and watched a movie near the Christmas tree.”




“No cheesed out sex by the fireplace?”




“No that’s a bit too clichéd for me.” She replied laughing.




He came over and sat down on the bed next to her. “Yeah I know but it was too hard to resist.”




She smiled more and got up momentarily grabbing his Muhammad Ali hoodie and going into the bathroom. A moment or two later she walked out wearing nothing but the sweatshirt giggling at the fact that it skimmed the tops of her thighs.




Nick looked over at her and his jaw dropped. True the hoodie was totally unflattering to her figure, but the fact that it was his favorite article of clothing next to his camo shorts, that she was wearing it with a devilish smirk on her face that affected him so much. Alyssa walked over letting her hands be covered by the oversized sweatshirt. “What I was cold.” She said innocently but the smirk she wore on her face was a dead giveaway.





“I’m calling bullshit, you know how much I love you in my clothes.”




She pushed him to lie back on the bed and she crawled up on top of him straddling his legs. She grinned at him and replied, “You’ll love me even more for what I’m not wearing underneath…”




In response he gripped her hips and rolled them over pinning her beneath him. “I think I’m going to enjoy finding out…”
Chapter 30: Come What May by Teri
Author's Notes:
Holy freaking crap SWIB IS FINISHED!!!!!! Oh yeah it's the chapter you've all been waiting for!!! This story combined with AIL is 940 pages long (in Word) insane I know! Thank you to everyone for supporting this story, and much more drama to come in the sequel Always Something!! As always read and review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chapter Thirty: Come What May




Never knew I could feel like this. Like I've never seen the sky before. Want to vanish inside your kiss. Every day I love you more and more. Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing? ...Seasons may change, winter to spring. But I love you until the end of time…(**)




Alyssa stood in front of the vanity mirror applying her eyeliner while Nick sat on the edge of the bed putting on his watch. He looked up and over at Alyssa and smiled a little at her extreme concentration. He couldn’t tell if it was out of fear of stabbing her eye with the crayon-like black pencil, or if it was out of her normal perfectionism. What he could tell was how a thrill ran up his spine everytime he watched her. He got up and walked over to her and checked his hair in the mirror. He’d let it go darker just for the hell of it lately and was pleased with how it looked. Made him look more mature, definitely not the same old popstar that’s for sure.




She looked over at him as she set her eyeliner down and applied some light shimmery powder to her eyes, then some chap stick and she was ready to go.




“I love that you don’t wear much makeup.” He remarked nuzzling her neck.




She grinned and gave him a look, “Glad to hear that I’m low maintenance.”




“I know quite a change from pretty much every woman I’ve ever dated besides Sue.”




“I miss her she was cool.”




“Yeah she was, just the right girl at the wrong time you know?”




Alyssa nodded and replied, “I know you weren’t ready for a real woman yet, you were used to either Mandy or a bitchy version of her.”




“Hey!” He shot back, “That’s not fair.”




She giggled at him and retorted, “Well you said it yourself you like girlie girls, so I’m really against type for you.”




“And apparently it’s working so it shows how much I know about my so-called ‘type’.”




A couple of hours later…




Alyssa and Nick walked into the club smiling when AJ almost ran up to them happy they could make it to his birthday bash. “I’m so glad you two are here!” He exclaimed giving them a hug.




She giggled a little and pulled back, “Well honey why wouldn’t we be here you’ve been dating Kellie for a while now. And well we are friends remember?” She chided with a grin showing that she was only joking.




AJ smiled and laughed a little as Kellie came up by his side linking arms with him. “Alyssa being sarcastic again?”




He grinned and kissed her cheek, “As always…”




“Must have gotten laid earlier today, she’s usually more sarcastic when she does.” Kellie remarked with a snarky grin.




Alyssa blushed and Nick smirked and tightened his arm around her waist.




The two couples walked over and sat at the booth that had been designated for them. Alyssa looked around the club noticing the decorations were very AJ, all gothic styled décor just for his party. “So who made all the decoration designs?” She asked as she kept looking around the room.




Kellie beamed at the question. “I did! Alex is a huge fan of gothic architecture so I ran with the idea.”




“Oh yeah I have the coolest girlfriend ever!” AJ exclaimed with a cheesy grin.




“She’s very perceptive like that.” Alyssa added as her eyes roamed to the entrance just as Aaron walked in holding hands with Kaci….AJ’s ex-girlfriend Kaci. Alyssa’s eyes widened and she said, “I’ll be right back.” She left the table and hurried over to where the new couple was. “What are you doing here?” She asked Kaci calmly.




Kaci sighed and replied, “Alex and I are still friends.”




Alyssa smiled a little, “Why don’t you go say hello then while I have a word with Aaron.” She suggested as Kaci turned and walked over to greet AJ. When she was out of earshot Alyssa turned to Aaron and said “What the fuck are you doing?”




Aaron rolled his eyes at her, “What I can’t bring my girlfriend to a party?”




“Aaron! Damnit the only reason you’re with her is to get back at Alex for dating Kel am I right?”




He looked at her with a glance then over her shoulder seeing AJ kiss Kellie’s neck while she giggled and grinned the same grin she would get when he’d do that to her. “She doesn’t care about me anymore…”




“Because you broke her heart Aaron, she loved you very much, but nooooo you had to pull the I’m gonna sabotage myself routine. And don’t start about not doing that, I’ve seen Nick do it a million times, I know what it looks like.”




“What the fuck am I supposed to do? Keep pining away for her when she’s obviously moved on?” He shot back with a defiant glare.




“But fucking with AJ’s ex? That’s a fucked up think to do Aaron.”




He sighed and brushed passed her going over to AJ, Kellie and Kaci. He got a smug smirk and wrapped his arm around Kaci’s waist and looked over to Kellie who looked cool, calm and collected, but with one glance to her eyes, he could see the pain in them. As much as it pained him to see her get hurt he couldn’t deny he’d gotten some sort of sick satisfaction from it.




Kellie sighed a little and slipped her arm through AJ’s and smiled, AJ had made her a lot happier than she’d been in a while. Sometimes she even thought that he could make her happier than Aaron had. “Hey Aaron, long time no see.”




“Likewise…” He said with a smirk. “This is my girlfriend Kaci.”




Kellie nodded, “Yes I remember Kaci.” She said with an almost gleeful smile. “I’m so happy you two could make it to Alex’s party.” She added lacing her fingers with AJ’s. She knew that something like this might happen, was completely prepared for it, and was remarkably surprised and a little happy that she hadn’t felt as much pain from it as she had expected.




Nick came walking up and that moment and glanced between the two couples chuckling to himself. ‘Well at least they’re dating in they’re own age brackets now’. He shrugged a little and went back over sitting with Alyssa holding her hand under the table like they always did when they were out with friends.




A few hours later…




Alyssa giggled as they got back in the house at Nick’s joke. “Nick that’s just mean…”




“I know but it’s true, they are at least dating people in their own age demographic or whatever.”




“I know but Kel was so happy with Aaron.”




Nick huffed and plopped on the couch pulling her on top of him to sit across his legs. “Not everyone can have what we have.”




She gave him an odd look, “And that would be?”




“Let me rephrase that, not everyone will find their soul mate by accident you know?”




“Who says you’re my soul mate?” She shot back with a playful grin.




“I say so, because there’s no other explanation for what we have, look at what we went through the past two years…I know I’ve said it before and so have you, normal couples do not survive this kind of shit.”




“I know, it’s a bit strange how we’ve able to overcome it. But yeah, ugh I so don’t want to pack for the trip to Martha’s Vineyard.”




“Yeah but you’ll get to see your family…Aunt Ginny, Marc, the kids…E…”




“You get to call her E now?”




Nick chuckled a little at her, “Yeah she said it was fine, besides I’m practically family. At least I don’t call her Nana to this day.”




“Hey now she’s my Nana…”




He grabbed and her sides making her shriek from his tickling. She pushed away from him and half crawled to the other side of the couch a little out of breath. He smirked and caught her leg reaching to the underside of her knee rubbing his fingertips over the skin lightly making her shiver and groan. “Ha! I knew that was a weak spot!” He remarked with a triumphant grin.




She closed her eyes for a moment then opened them as she felt his lips brush across her forehead. A smile crept over her face as his Adam’s apple was exactly level with her mouth. With a devilish idea she leaned up and grazed her teeth along his throat. He shuddered and pulled back slightly looking down at her, “What?” She asked with an innocent grin.




“You’re going to be the death of me aren’t you?” He asked with a lopsided grin.




“I’m bit tipsy and frisky what can I say?” She shot back as she sunk lower into the sofa.




Later that week…




“So it’s January on Martha’s Vineyard, dude it’s going to be freezing.” Kellie remarked as they walked down Robertson Avenue.




“I know but everything is inside so it’s going to be nice and warm.”




“But still, it’s going to be snowing outside, do you realize we’re in the worst winter California’s seen in at least a decade? I can only imagine how cold it is in the Northeast!”




Alyssa laughed a little, “It’ll be totally fine the hall Nana rented for it is perfect size for everyone. Besides not everyone is going to be there…” She said getting a sober look on her face.




“Aw honey, it’s okay your dad will be there in spirit!” Kellie added trying to comfort her.




“It’s not the same though…” She said with an exasperated sigh. “He was so looking forward to this reunion before he died, and he’s going to miss it.”




Kellie sighed a little and thought a moment, “The Jamie I knew wouldn’t miss this for the world.” ‘Especially what’s going to happen at it’ she thought slyly to herself.




“What’s that look for?” Alyssa asked.




“What look?” Kellie replied quickly.




“You’ve got this look that says ‘I’ve got a secret’, care to share?”




Kellie shrugged, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Oh look shoes!” She replied changing the subject quickly.




Alyssa shook her head at the obvious change in subject. She hated secrets being kept from her, made her feel like she was being intentionally left out. But she figured that the secret was probably about AJ so she decided to stay quiet and let Kellie come to her. She knew Kellie well enough that you couldn’t press her for information, she would come to her in her own time and come forth with all the details.




Meanwhile…




“Hello?” Elettra said as she answered the phone.




Nick grinned hearing her voice, “Hey E…its Nick…”




She smiled into the phone and replied, “Oh my future grandson-in-law, how are you honey?”




“Good, just getting ready to fly out tomorrow.”




“Tomorrow? The reunion is the day after tomorrow.” She answered back..




Nick rolled his eyes a little and chuckled, “I know that, but we wanted to spend an extra day with everyone.”




Elettra looked over seeing Ginny standing there a question in her eyes as to who Elettra was talking to. She held up her hand pointing to her engagement ring making Ginny smile and giggle as well as reach out for the phone. “Hold on hon let me give you to Virginia.”




“Hey lover boy…” Ginny’s all too familiar voice cooed through the phone.




“Hey Gin and Tonic, what’s going on?” He retorted back.




Ginny giggled at the nickname that Alyssa had given to her years ago. “So are you’re flying out tomorrow?”




“Yep first thing in the morning, I’ll probably sleep on the flight.”




“Don’t keep my niece up all night now, she does need some rest, and I don’t want her too sore when she’s running around with the kids.” Ginny joked.




Nick laughed, “I promise to be good, but I can’t promise about her behavior.”




Ginny laughed out loud at his admission, “It’s okay honey, I’ll just have Marc whoop you.”




“Anyways can you put E back on I have a favor to ask of her.”




Ginny grinned and agreed as she handed the phone back to Elettra, “Yes Nick?”




“You still speak Italian right?”




“Yes I do, any reason why you needed to know that?”




“I need you to teach me how to say something to Ali, I know she’s fluent, and I think she’ll love it.”




“Ok what it is?”




“How do you say, ‘will you marry me’ in Italian?” He asked hearing Elettra’s breathing stop momentarily. “E? Don’t die on me, breathe okay?”




“I’m fine, just my husband had asked me to marry him in Italian, because it’s the language our parents spoke, the language we spoke, since we didn’t have very good English skills.”




“So will you teach it to me?”




“Of course I will, anything for my grandchildren.”




“Thanks E, she’s going to so love you forever
for this.”




“Well I hope she loves you forever for it as well, considering what you’re asking her.”




Nick took a deep breath and sighed slightly in response.




“Scared?”




“Nervous as hell, is more like it, I mean what if she says no?”




Elettra rolled her eyes, “You know she’ll say yes, she has to, she loves you so much honey. And hasn’t she been bugging you about settling down?”




“She only did that once, and we talked about it and she was fine.”




“Still she wants this as much as you do, it’s good you waited this long to ask her…” Elettra began to explain.




“What do you mean?” Nick interjected with his voice full of concern.




Elettra grinned as she took a sip of her hot tea, “Dear, it’s because you’re both ready for it, however once you’re settled don’t let each other get too comfortable, that’s just a recipe for disaster.”




“I know, and I promise I’ll do everything I can so that won’t happen, even if it does, we’ll work through it.”




The next day…




Alyssa settled back into the cushy first class airplane chair. “You spoil me you know that.”




“Why is that?” Nick asked pushing pause on his iPod.




She grinned a little and replied, “Because before you, I’d never flown first class.”




He chuckled a little and leaned over giving her a kiss just as the Flight Attendant came over, “Are you two newlyweds?” She asked as they broke the kiss.




“Oh no…” Alyssa replied quickly, “No we’re not married.”




“Oh…” The pretty brunette stewardess said with a little surprise. “Well if you two need anything, just ask.” She added recovering quickly and walked around the rest of the first class cabin.




Alyssa smiled a little and turned to Nick, “Why does everyone assume we’re married?”




“Maybe because we act like a newlywed couple?” He suggested with a sideways glance. Her earlier dismissal of a suspected marriage irked him more than he liked. He looked around hoping that her statements wouldn’t set the tone for the rest of the trip. He stuck his hand into his hoodie pocket feeling the black velvet encased box and rubbed his fingers on it while he offered his silent prayer.




Alyssa looked over at Nick and saw the pensive expression cross his brow. “Baby what’s wrong?”




He shook his head lightly and looked over, “Nothing just thinking about things.”




“Like?”




“Like what you just said, about us settling down…”




“Yeah and?”




“Would it be sooo bad if I wanted to settle down with you?”




Alyssa thought a moment, “Well no, it wouldn’t be at all, just didn’t think we were even at that point.”




“What if we are?”




“Then that’s fine with me, I’m just taking things as they come right now, everything has been great with us lately so honestly I could care less either way.” She replied with cool grin.




He gave her a look considering her for a moment. “Okay I’ll remember that then.”





“Well you’re the one that said you wanted to not care when we settled down, I’m just following your advice.”




“Hello and good morning everyone this your captain speaking, we’ll be taking off here shortly. It is currently 48 degrees outside here in Los Angeles and we’ll be landing at about 11:45AM in Martha’s Vineyard. I will be checking back in when we are ready to land, have a pleasant flight and thank you for choosing US Airways.” The Captain said just as the plane began to taxi out of the terminal and head to the runway.




Once the plan was near the runway Nick closed his eyes and held on to the armrest making his knuckles white.




Alyssa turned a little and her expression softened she took his hand in hers and leaned up to his ear, “I love you.” He grinned a little keeping his eyes closed and squeezed her hand slightly. She laced her fingers with his and continued, “Breathe lover, it’s almost over.” She felt him relax as the plane started climbing into the air. Take-off and landing was honestly the worst for him, the rest of the flight he’d be completely fine, but when before take-off and landing he’d be a wreck. She hated flying herself but got used to it over the years of traveling with him. It almost made her laugh, after so many years of jet-setting around the globe you’d think he’d be completely fine with flying, but he still freaked out everytime.




Once fully in the air at cruising altitude he slouched into the chair and opened his eyes looking at Alyssa. “Thank you, for trying to calm me down.”




She gave him a short kiss and smiled, “Anytime.”




Later that day…




Nick and Alyssa got off the plane and grabbed their bags. As they walked down and out of the terminal and past security Alyssa squealed and took off running dropping her bags half way as she saw Maggie running to her. Maggie jumped into Alyssa’s arms giving her a hug, Connor, Patrick, Kate and Kaylee not far behind.




Nick caught up to them carrying the four bags. Marc smiled and gave him a hug and took Alyssa’s bags from him. “Hey man…” Nick said as he grinned at Marc.




“How’ve you been?”




“Good…” Nick replied looking over at Alyssa, “Really good.”




Ginny giggled and gave him a hug, “So glad to have you here.”




Alyssa glanced back and forth between the kids and the warm reception Nick received from Marc and Ginny. “Uncle Marc!” She said excitedly.




“Hey sugar-bean!” He said giving her a hug.




That night…




Alyssa looked over at Nick as she unpacked their bags in the guesthouse. She was a bit shocked when Marc and Ginny had offered up the house to them. Essentially it was an old shack that Marc had renovated into a small two bedroom house right out on the water with a dock and everything. “I can’t believe they let us stay together and alone of all things.”




“Well they know we’re together, probably are just accepting that we tend to like privacy, especially with how loud you can be.”




Alyssa gave him a look, “How loud I can be? Might I remind you that you can be pretty loud too.”




“How am I loud? I growl and that’s it.”




“Not when I go down on you, you usually are dying to scream.”




“Ok so sue me I love your tongue ring.”




She grinned and purposely ran her tongue ring over her lips. “If you’re good you just might get some tonight.”




He shivered slightly from the rush of goosebumps that rose up all over his skin. Recovering slightly and wanting a little payback he pulled her to him and pressed his mouth to hers. She groaned and opened her mouth sweeping out her tongue to lightly trace his lips before he opened his mouth bringing her tongue into his mouth to play with his.




She slipped her hands into his back pockets and pulled him closer to her. Just as he slipped his hands up the back of her shirt there was a knock at the door. Alyssa broke the kiss and they both froze momentarily. “Maybe if we’re quiet they’ll just go away.”




He grinned and pulled her back into the kiss bringing his hands to her front and drug his hands up to the top button and began unbuttoning her blouse while she untucked his sweater and shirt and began unbuttoning and unzipping his pants.




“NICK STOP FUCKING MY SISTER!” Olivia yelled through the door making Elettra laugh heartily.




Nick and Alyssa broke apart and Alyssa when to the door holding her shirt closed she flung the door open giving Olivia a glare but softened her look when she saw Elettra standing there as well.




She welcomed Elettra and Olivia into the house as Nick finished buttoning his pants making Olivia snicker. “Nick Christ can’t you keep it in your pants?” Olivia remarked with a snide grin.




Alyssa snorted at her sister as she buttoned her shirt. “Well you do know the rumors are all true right?” She said with a wink at Nick who rolled his eyes.




At that moment Elettra spoke up, “Nick I need your help with something over at my house, would you mind coming over to help me?”




Nick nodded knowing exactly what Elettra was referring to.




“I’ll go too.” Alyssa added.




“NO!” Olivia practically yelled, “No, I wanted to talk to you about something, I think you and Nick an unlatch from each other for a little bit don’t you think?”




Alyssa smirked and Nick walked over giving her a quick kiss, “I’ll be back in a little while.” He said as he led Elettra out of the house.




Nick walked over to her house on the property and they went inside. “So Nick sit down, and I’ll teach you what you want to know.”




Meanwhile back in the other house Alyssa looked at her sister with part annoyance and part curiosity. “So are you going to tell me why you interrupted me?”




“Angela and I have decided to do invitro fertilization.”




Alyssa’s face lit up at the news of having a little niece or another nephew running around. “That’s awesome who’s going to be the father, who’s going to carry the baby?”




“It’ll be Angela’s egg and I’m carrying the baby, so that we’re both genetically the mom. And originally her and I had decided to ask Nick way back when we had no idea about you two. But we don’t know now who we want as the father. I was actually thinking of asking AJ.”




“Really? Alex a daddy? That could be interesting.”




Olivia grinned, “I know but he’s got some pretty good genes and all, and Angie and I adore him personally. We think he’ll make a great dad if he wants to be involved.”




“Well talk with him and Kellie, she may or may not be happy with the idea.”




“True, but then again she may love the idea.”




Late that night…




Nick came walking back into the house that was eerily quiet. Trying to be as quiet as possible he moved throughout the little house. He hadn’t expected his little language lesson with Elettra to go quite as long as it had. He shrugged off his coat and shoes and socks as he made his way to the bedroom.




He walked in seeing the low light from the lamps in the room illuminated on Alyssa who laid on top of the covers in a short burgundy silk and lace nightie. Apparently she’d fallen asleep waiting for him to return. He grinned at her effort and carefully lifted her body slightly to bring the covers around her keeping her warm.




“Mmm Nick…” She moaned slightly in her slumber and rolled to her side.




He sighed a little and walked around the room stripping down to his boxers. With a quick glance at Alyssa’s sleeping form he took the black ring box out of the pants pocket and opened it setting it on the dresser. He grabbed his digital camera and snapped a quick picture of it. When he was satisfied with the picture he shut off the camera and put both the camera and the ring box safely away so that Alyssa wouldn’t find them in the morning.




After shutting off all the lights he climbed into bed pulling Alyssa’s body against his. Feeling the bed dip she shifted and turned waking up slightly. “Hey you’re back.”




“Yeah, E needed me a little longer than expected.”




She sighed and snuggled closer into his chest. “Okay, I’m just glad you’re back, I love you.” She whispered with her voice hoarse and full of sleep.




He grinned and whispered back, “I love you too, go back to sleep sugar.”




The next day…




Alyssa ran around the large hall chasing after her cousins and laughing at their antics as they narrowly escaped capture in a relentless game of tag.




Nick snapped picture after picture with his digital camera while e sat nearby over at the family table that had been designated for Alyssa’s immediate family. At that moment Elettra came walking over and sat down next to him, “What’s wrong? You seem very nervous.” She asked noting his rapidly bouncing leg.





“Sorry E…just scared you know…what if she says no?”




Elettra gave him a soft look and hugged him “Darlin’ she loves you, and she won’t say no I promise.”




“Thanks E, seriously for all your help last night.”




“Well you’re welcome honey, she deserves this and so do you.” Elettra grinned as she saw Alyssa make her way over to the table she got up and whispered, “I guess it’s now or never…”




Alyssa grinned and came over sitting on Nick’s lap resting her head on his shoulder. “Man they wear me out.”




He chuckled a bit and put his camera on the view picture mode. “You can tell how much fun they were having though take a look at these…”




Alyssa sat up to where she draped her legs across his lap. “Okay.” She said giving him an odd look for a moment and took the camera. She smiled as she began looking through the pictures, giggling at some and oohing and awing at others. When she came to the end of the pictures she stopped on the last one, a single picture of a diamond ring in a black box. Just as she was about to ask Nick what the picture was about he leaned in and said as he reached into the jacket pocket pulling out the ring. “Vorresti sposarmi?’




“What?” Alyssa said in shock turning her eyes up to him, stopping when she saw the ring clutched between his thumb and index fingers. Her breathing grew shallow as she met his eyes.




“Vorresti sposarmi?” He reiterated with a slight grin.




She gave him a shocked look, because honestly she was truly taken aback not just by the question but also by his clear pronunciation of her family’s language. Alyssa glanced between him and the ring completely speechless.




“Now would be a good time to say something…” He said getting slightly nervous.




Alyssa looked up to his eyes and smiled, “Are you sure?”




He grinned again and nodded, “Yes, Ali, will you marry me?”




“Yes!” She exclaimed with a large smile.




Nick let out a huge sigh of relief and slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her into a kiss. A moment later Alyssa stood up staring at the ring and how it fit perfectly on her left hand.




He smiled and went over stopping the band as Mary, Olivia and Lori all came running over to see her ring, knowing exactly what had just happened. Nick grabbed the mic and announced, “This little lady over here just said she’d marry me!”




Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Lori held up Alyssa’s left hand triumphantly while Nick came walking back over hearing the entire hall erupt in applause. Alyssa smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him slowly. For once she couldn’t think of another time or place where she felt happier, felt more like home. She kept her eyes closed after she broke the kiss and took a deep breath before looking up at her fiancé adoringly not quite believing what had occurred moments before. But ready to begin this completely new chapter in their life together right where they both belong….together.




The end for now….
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7955