The REAL Reason NT:TNM was Cancelled by Arista Niara
Summary: I think the title says it all but this is my take on why the Next Mutation was cancelled if the TMNT were real. Lots of Saban bashing.
Categories: Fanfiction > Animated > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters: Donatello, Leonardo, Master Splinter, Michaelangelo, Other, Raphael
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1310 Read: 818 Published: 01/09/07 Updated: 01/09/07

1. Chapter 1 by Arista Niara

Chapter 1 by Arista Niara
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own TMNT! I wish I did but I don’t. I only have met Peter Laird and Jim Lawson. Also, I do not own Power Rangers nor would I want to! ICK! I also do not own the tasteless company, Saban (In case you don’t know, they produced NT:TNM, Power Rangers and VR Troopers). And who Venus now belongs to is your guess...but I, sadly, don't own her either.

A/N: Okay, I know, the ending sucks but I had to bash the guys for not putting their Japanese knowledge to use, not knowing that Shinobi is actually a ninja. I also had to bash Saban. I hope you all laughed as hard as I did as I thought of the ideas.
“CUT!” Screamed Raph for the eighteenth time.

“Now what?” yelled the director.

“What the hell do you call this ‘Badda bing-badda boom’ shit? It’s so stupid,” yelled Raph.

“Raph, it supposed to spice up your kicks,” argued the director.

“I hate to say it but Raph’s right, it’s stupid! What will the kids who saw us about 5 years ago say?” asked Leo.

“Hey, remember, this is the Power Ranger generation! Kids LOVE the Power Rangers,” said the director.

“And look at the deaths that happened because of those undisciplined kids? What is Saban trying to tell kids?” asked Leo.

“This is America! The world of senseless violence, guys, not Japan where the violence is for a reason,” said the director urging.

Leo sighed. He was really starting to hate his acting career again. It was happening almost very day. He was just REALLY sick of the editing that was done to his character. His muscles were over done and so was his temper. He wanted to scream.

“Now seriously, this is not the way we want to be seen though,” said Mikey.

“You be serious, that’s funny,” said the director.

“My son is right! A five-year-old child could write a show much better than this,” agreed Master Splinter.

Suddenly, a crying child with chestnut brown hair ran over to the director. He held a few Power Ranger toys in his hands. His tears flew behind him as he ran. Soon, he hugged the director.

“Daddy, Master Splinter was mean! He said another kid could do better,” cried the boy.

“Whoa, Saban really is a five-year-old!” exclaimed Mikey.

“You were sayin’, Master?” asked Raph.

“Do not get smart with me,” said Master Splinter as he held up his cane, threatening to smack him with it.

“I know, he’s mean. It’s okay, Saban. He’s not going to hurt you again,” said the director in a comforting voice.

“Daddy, please keep doing the show so that you can buy me lots of toys and fun stuff to play with?” begged Saban.

“That child is a spoiled brat,” whispered Venus to Leo.

“Now, let’s stop interrupting the scene and let’s get episode 27 done,” said the director.

All of the turtles groaned along with Master Splinter. Slowly and sluggishly they took their places for the scene.

“Action!” yelled the director.

Mikey ran over to Venus as he had food all over his face. He put on his goofiest smile and nudged her. He had just finished having a food fight with the dragons the scene before, somewhat saving Venus with corny sound effects going left and right when ever food hit something. He looked around.

“Since, I saved ya babe, it’s customary to give your savior a kiss,” said Mikey.

“Umm…Are you sure?” asked Venus in disgust.

“Would I lie to ya babe?” asked Mikey.

“Well, you did lie to me about the…” started Venus.

“CUT! Venus, what was that all about? You’re supposed to kiss him!” yelled the director.

“Do you honestly think I’m going to kiss a guy with a dirty face? I’m not dating the guy! Times, how many times do I have to tell you that I don’t kiss on the first date,” yelled Venus in return.

“Vee, babe, it’s in the script!” said the director.

“Screw the damn script! Send it to Hell! I’m not doing it!” yelled Venus as she walked past the director, towards her dressing room.

“Wow! She’s actually intelligent!” teased Raph.

“What? Did you actually think I act like that when I’m away from the camera?” asked Venus.

“Well, what he meant to say was that. Well, you’re a girl and he’s kinda sexist,” said Don, nervously.

“Oh! So Raph’s a god-damn sexist! Well, ya know what Raphael? You’re a chauvinist pig who couldn’t get a girl in his bed unless he paid her,” yelled Venus.

She walked over to Raph and smacked him hard. Then she walked over to Don and smacked him too. As Don recovered from his slap, Venus grabbed his bo and walked over to Mikey. She spun the bo for a moment before smacking him with it.

“What was that for?” asked Don.

“For trying to sugar coat things for m, thinking I was too stupid to know what you meant,” spat Venus.

“Smooth, Don,” whispered Leo.

“What was mine for?” asked Mikey.

“For ALWAYS trying to kiss me. Leo’s the only decent one,” said Venus.

“You don’t know about the pics he’s got of you,” said Raph.

“Well then,” said Venus before slapping Leo.

“Vee, babe, come on, let’s get this scene done and we can call it quits,” said the director smoothly.

“Quits? Hmm…that doesn’t sound like a bad idea! Where can I send my resignation?” asked Venus.

“What? You wanna quit?” said Saban as he played with his Power Ranger action figures.

“Yes, I want to quit,” said Venus as she started to storm off towards her dressing room to pack.

“Don’t you like me?” asked Saban.

“No, you’re a spoiled brat who thinks he can have everything in the world! One day Saban, I hope your Power Rangers’ ratings go down,” said Venus sweetly.

Saban started to cry as Leo ran to Venus to catch up with her. He grabbed her arm.

“Venus, you’re not leaving us, are you?” asked Leo.

“Yes, I am. This show has totally bashed me and has made me look like the biggest ditz on this side of the world,” said Venus.

“But where would you go?” asked Master Splinter.

“Back to China where I will change my name,” said Venus as she grabbed a small bag.

“But what will we do to continue our species?” asked Don.

“Frankly, Donatello, I don’t give a damn,” said Venus.

“HEY! No swearing around Saban!” yelled the director.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I forgot the brat was a kid,” said Venus as she stormed into her dressing room and out of the back door.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~The next day in the lair~

“I can’t believe she’s gone,” said Mikey as he threw a ball against the side of the train car.

“I can’t believe that she was actually intelligent,” said Raph still in shock.

Leo looked at Raph. He was still a bit annoyed that he said that to Venus. He actually liked the idea of having a girl turtle with them but he hated the idea that it was a ditzy one. He would have loved it more if she had always showed how smart she really was.

“I know, Raph but can it,” said Leo.

“NO!!! Leo, you were on that show too long,” yelled Mikey.

“I can’t believe I said that,” said Leo as he smacked his forehead.

“Hn kids,” said Master Splinter as he walked back into his train car.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, Venus stayed in her hut. She changed her name back to Mei Pei Chi. She was constantly tormented by the people who recognized her on NT:TNM. She had it. She knew where there were a few girl turtles that Master Splinter knew about but wouldn’t tell the guys about. She knew, she would have to stay with them and try to get their approval.

On the plane to the place, she sighed. She would never have to deal with the guys again, nor would she have to deal with the incompetent guys who claimed to know Japanese. She laughed at them, after all, she she was a ninja and the guys didn’t realize it. ‘What idiots, didn’t they know that a shinobi is a ninja,’ thought Venus as she wondered who the true idiot on the show was.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8261