Always Something: The Sequel To SWIB by Teri
Summary:
People change, relationships grow, or wither. But love lasts forever right? In life every relationship is tested and stretched. Nick and Alyssa have seen their fair share of drama. It's always something that's trying to tear them apart. What happens when this time what's putting them at odds is each other? Can they work through they're own personal demons and relationship issues to survive as the couple we all know and love? Or just as they're ready to take the next step, will it all crumble around them?


(**) Always Something by Lucy Woodward
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Nothing's Impossible: A Series
Chapters: 35 Completed: Yes Word count: 129558 Read: 79124 Published: 03/09/07 Updated: 12/17/07

1. Chapter 1: Cupid's Arrow by Teri

2. Chapter 2: Duty Calls by Teri

3. Chapter 3: Happy Birthday Mr. President by Teri

4. Chapter 4: Pitter Patter by Teri

5. Chapter 5: Guess What?! by Teri

6. Chapter 6: Privacy Is A Relative Term by Teri

7. Chapter 7: Tabloid Fodder by Teri

8. Chapter 8: Life's A Beach by Teri

9. Chapter 9: Girls' Day Out by Teri

10. Chapter 10: Theory Of Relativity by Teri

11. Chapter 11: Self-Image by Teri

12. Chapter 12: Pink Or Blue by Teri

13. Chapter 13: Happy First Birthday Jamie!! by Teri

14. Chapter 14: Sexual Frustration's A Bitch by Teri

15. Chapter 15: Monster-In-Law by Teri

16. Chapter 16: Country-Ville by Teri

17. Chapter 17: Ballad Of The Missing Pooch by Teri

18. Chapter 18: Big Fat Liar by Teri

19. Chapter 19: Return Of The Bitch by Teri

20. Chapter 20: Salvation by Teri

21. Chapter 21: It's Just Too Little Too Late by Teri

22. Chapter 22: When It All Falls Down by Teri

23. Chapter 23: Noah's Arc by Teri

24. Chapter 24: Gin And Catatonic by Teri

25. Chapter 25: The Importance Of Family by Teri

26. Chapter 26: Bleed It Out by Teri

27. Chapter 27: 4 In The Morning by Teri

28. Chapter 28: Angst Isn't a Four-Letter Word by Teri

29. Chapter 29: Being Intimate Doesn't Necessarily Mean Being Intimate by Teri

30. Chapter 30: There's No Such Thing As Progress Without A Little Regression by Teri

31. Chapter 31: Shadow Of The Day by Teri

32. Chapter 32: You Can Let Go by Teri

33. Chapter 33: Reconnecting by Teri

34. Author's Note Very Important!!! by Teri

35. Chapter 34: Rock The Boat by Teri

Chapter 1: Cupid's Arrow by Teri
Author's Notes:
YAY!!! The story is starting!! LOL Anyways updates will be rather slow because I just got a job. But they should be steady. Also please please pray for Crystal (presley) she's on a flight to florida to get her daughter and will be back friday so please everyone hope that everything turns out ok. If you've read Stupid boy then you know her story. Anyways enjoy and as always R&R

 

 

 


Chapter One: Cupid’s Arrow

 

 

 


Nick sighed again as he looked at his watch, “Alyssa come on we’re going to be late!”

 

 


Alyssa rolled her eyes and finally settled on a form fitting navy blue silk and lace cocktail dress. She slipped on her heels and her strand of pearls before walking down the stairs, “You rang your highness?” She asked sarcastically.

 

 


He shot her a look before looking her up and down grinning at her selection. “Highness? I’d rather you call me lover, baby, master…”

 

 


She stopped for a second arching her eyebrow at his last word. “Master eh?”

 

 


He chuckled and smirked, “I was joking but now that you mention it…does sound kinda sexy.” He said slipping his arm around her waist.

 

 


She laughed and rolled her eyes as they walked out the door, “None of that, I’m hanging out with your friends and you tonight so no talk of us screwing around to rile me up when I can’t even have you.”

 

 


He grinned and opened the door, “Yeah I apologize that Bean is going to be there. He found out and pretty much invited himself.”

 

 


“Yeah oh well, I’ll have to get used to him being around occasionally.” She said as they got into his black BMW. “Nick it’s not going to be a problem seriously, I’ll just act like my usual classy self and if he makes an ass out of himself then that’s his problem.”

 

 


He sighed as he drove them out to Mr. Chow. When they got there the paparazzi was in full swing flash bulbs going off in record time. Nick threw the keys to the valet and took Alyssa’s hand lifting it up to lace their fingers subtlely flashing the engagement ring to the paparazzi. Alyssa giggled and they walked inside.

 

 


Chris looked up and smiled, “Hey man!” He shouted giving Nick a hug.

 

 


Alyssa gave Chris a hug and greeted everyone else, which included, Tony, Vince, James, David, Brent, and Bean. “Hey guys, how’s everyone been?”

 

 


“Great…”Chris replied.

 

 


She brushed a few stray strands out of her face unconsciously flashing her ring to the entire table making all of the guys look at Nick. “What?” Alyssa asked.

 

 


Nick looked over at her, “They saw the ring.”

 

 


“Oh…” Alyssa replied laughing a little with a bright smile.

 

 


“Are you two?” Brent asked with a grin.

 

 


“Yeah I figured it’d be a good idea to break the news to you guys. It’s bad enough that I had to do a major conference call with the fellas just to tell them.”

 

 


Bean rolled his eyes a little at the whole idea and Nick gave him a stern look. “Well just means more ass for us. So maybe it’s a good thing.”

 

 


Alyssa chuckled a little bit, it was such a Rob thing to say. He always made everything either about sex, partying or a combination of both. “It better mean more ass for you guys.”

 

 


Nick laughed at Alyssa’s reply, “Have I ever…”

 

 


“Not on me thank God.”

 

 


Brent laughed at banter they had going, “You already sound like an old married couple. Soon you’re going to stop screwing.”

 

 


David snickered and added, “Like every other married couple out there, then the fighting starts.”

 

 


Alyssa grinned a little, and smacked Brent’s arm. “Hey now be nice.”

 

 


Chris took a sip of his wine and observed everyone, “So when’s the wedding?”

 

 


Nick and Alyssa both exchanged glances with each other and shrugged, “We have no idea. We haven’t even started discussing wedding plans yet.”

 

 


Later on that week…

 

 


Alyssa closed her eyes slowly and opened them again considering the ceiling for a moment as she kicked her leg out from under sheets. She turned her head slightly seeing Nick laying there as well just staring at the ceiling thinking. “How was the conference call with the boys?”

 

 


He sighed for a moment, “Alex thought it was great, Brian was pissed I hadn’t told him first, and Howie was ecstatic.”

 

 


“And Kevin?” Alyssa asked knowing that they both valued his opinion most.

 

 


He thought a moment and looked over at her, “He said congratulations, and to make sure I’m taking good care of you. Then we made small talk about what’s been going on. With his acting and trying to get Kristin pregnant.”

 

 


“How’s that going?”

 

 


“They’re trying, it’s hard for them with being apart so much and not to mention they’ve had fertility issues for as long as I can remember. They’ve been trying off and on since the end of Black and Blue.”

 

 


Alyssa rolled to her side and snuggled up to him laying her head on his chest. “I hope we never have to go through that, it was bad enough with a miscarriage, I don’t know if I can survive another.”

 

 


“Me either, but no matter what we’ll make it through.” He replied holding her close running his fingertips across her bare arm making her shudder.

 

 


**********************************

Alyssa Narrating:

 

 


*sigh* The past few weeks have been just…whoa. Seriously, between him asking me to marry him. And just accepting that we’re officially engaged has all been a bit heady you know?

 

 


Honestly if you would have asked me the day off, hell even 30 seconds before he asked me, I would have laughed and said “nah he’ll never ask me”. I guess I was wrong. Sometimes I really enjoy it when he proves me wrong like that. Normally I hate being proved wrong but that was such a pleasant surprise. And now I can’t describe the way I feel without getting all over exaggerated and clichéd on everyone. We’re just so, in tune with each other right now. I hope this is a good sign of where things are headed because if so, then married life is going to be a piece of friggin Key Lime Pie from Britt’s.

 

 


If you don’t know what the heck I’m talking about, Britt’s is a place in Tampa that has the BEST key lime pie. Everytime we’re in Tampa we go there, along with going to Crabby Bill's and the Green Iguana.

 

 


I know sounds weird but they’re really good, of course Nick got me to like them. After going out to Florida a couple of times (three in total) before becoming his personal assistant, we always got food from there. And I swear I want some of the Key Lime sauce from Britt’s just to lick off of him.

 

 


Yeah, being engaged, has pretty much put a whole new level to our sex life. It’s been really, explosive I think is the appropriate term. Maybe it’s because we can fully relax now, we know we’re going to spend forever together now and we can just let everything go no holds barred sort of thing you know?

 

 


He’s definitely been more aggressive lately and quite frankly I love it. Usually he waits for me to make a move, to show that I want it, but it’s been the opposite now. For his birthday, we all are going out to Lucky Strike in LA to just hang out and celebrate that he will be now 27-years-old. Weird I know, it will be funny to see all the fan sites light up with well wishes for his birthday. It was even funnier to see all the comments about our engagement. They ranged from “aww that’s so awesome congratulations” to “she trapped him, she’s pregnant and is going to pull a k-fed on him”. The last one made me crack up because, number one I’m not pregnant, number two, I don’t want his money, hell it’s a battle to let him pay for something for me. I hate making him pay for something I know I can pay for myself. Anyways I’m getting distracted from my point.

 

 


Everything has been really good lately, even with the fans for the most part which is astonishing to say the least but eh I’m good with it either way.

 

 


End Narration.

***************************************

 

 


Alyssa giggled as she scrolled through the internet. “What?” Nick asked looking over at her amused expression.

 

 


“I officially have a hate site!” She remarked giggling.

 

 


“You’re kidding?” Nick asked getting up. He moved across the room and sat down next to her looking at the page she had up. “Oh god, here we go again.”

 

 


“Yeah at least this time the girl you’re with doesn’t care.”

 

 


“You don’t?”

 

 


“They don’t even know me baby, and if they’re going to judge me based solely off the fact that we’re together, they’re not worth my time and thoughts.”

 

 


He grinned and kissed her softly loving how at ease she was with herself and their lifestyle.

 

 


She broke the kiss and turned to the laptop pulling up another site, “Besides this one is a fan site, dedicated to us as a couple. So apparently the hate sites are in the minority which is good.”

 

 


“And you’re concerned with what they say?”

 

 


“Nope, that’s why I let you convince me to get a myspace account. I was a little worried with having one it would cause controversy but I don’t care anymore, it’s an easy way to get in touch with you or your siblings when we’re not in the same city.”

 

 


“Yeah and the massive amounts of emails you get not only from that, and you’re school account don’t bother you?”

 

 


Alyssa smiled at him, “I really don’t care, I read some of them sometimes, reply to the nice ones with a thank you and delete the mean ones. After awhile you can tell which ones are going to be mean and which ones are nice just by the address and subject line. I choose to either ignore or laugh at the negative crap, it’s not worth it otherwise.”

 

 


“I’m so glad I’m marrying you.”

 

 


Alyssa moved back a little cocking her head to the side, “And why would you say something that random?”

 

 

 

“Because you’re the only girlfriend I’ve ever had that doesn’t care what the fans think. Fuck even Paris got all in a tizzy when my fans hated her.”

 

 


“They were right to hate her.”

 

 


He chuckled a bit, “I know I was just illustrating that even the most cold hearted ones I’ve dated feared the fans. And look at you, cool as a cucumber.”

 

 


“And your point? Nick come on I’ve lived through every other girlfriend. Hell I even knew about Debbie thanks to your sister. I’m secure enough in myself as a person that I know for a fact I’m in this relationship because…” She said stopping momentarily.

 

 


“Because?”

 

 


“Because you’re the only person whose ever made me feel alive like I don’t have to hide the real me like I do at work, or be classy when we go out in public, when we’re here at home….I can just be Alyssa Monroe, normal girl. Not the youngest literary professor at UCLA or girlfriend of Nick Carter the Backstreet Boy, or even the funny witty girl everyone goes to for advice. I can just chill and be me around you.”

 

 


He smiled and replied, “I feel the same thing about you. Ever since the group blew up I haven’t been able to find someone besides the guys that I can just be myself around. Until you. I knew it as soon as I met you back then that you’d be a great friend to me.”

 

 

“So I’m guessing we’re good for each other?”

 

 


“I’m guessing we are.” He shot back pulling her to him as they relaxed on the couch.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2: Duty Calls by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hey finally a chapter! sweet! lol Pay very close attention to the last half of the chapter....*evil grin* and that's all I'll say about that for now. You can thank Mel for all her amazing inspiration the past few days, she really helped this chapter out alot! LOL Anyways as always R&R *muah* Teri
Chapter Two: Duty Calls





Nick sighed as he watched the second hand move leisurely around the clock face. He wanted the day to be over with, so he could be at home with his fiancé relaxing together, maybe just stay in for the night watching movies and screwing around. To him that sounded like heaven. But no, he had to come in for yet another meeting with E!, they still hadn’t decided on whether or not there was going to be a second season or not.





“Well the first season has gotten a great response.” One producer announced.





“Yeah but we need to know what’s going on if we’re doing a second season or not.” Nick reasoned.





Ken gave Nick a stern look, “We don’t know at this point.”





Leslie rolled her eyes, “So I took time off of work flew out here to LA for you to tell me what I already knew?!”





Nick patted her knee trying to calm her. “Leslie, it’s okay.”





“No Nick it’s not okay, you don’t have an actual job where there are set hours, you get to run around the world and play rockstar.” Bobbie retorted at him.





“Leave Nick alone.” Angel chided, “If it weren’t for him and Aaron we wouldn’t have anything. Do you not remember it was Nick and Aaron that bought us everything, from our houses to cars, money and clothes. Hell they even put food on the table because of their hard work.”





“Yeah and maybe mom and dad wouldn’t have broken up.” Bobbie said and stormed out of the room.





Nick closed his eyes for a moment then gave a pitiful look over to Ken, “Well I guess we’re going to have to do this by phone conference next time.” He said adjourning the meeting.





Nick walked everyone else out to their cars and sighed. Angel noticed the sadness on his face and gave him a hug, “I love you, don’t worry about what Bobbie said, you know she doesn’t really mean it.”





He pulled back a little and nodded, “Yeah but damn she can channel mom so well.”





Aaron chuckled at the comment, “Yeah I noticed that today. Mom always knows what buttons to push what guilt trip to pull…”





“Yeah and what Beej said…that was so classic mom.”





Nick sighed again, “I just wish we weren’t so damn fucked up.”





“Don’t we all?” Angel asked with a witty expression on her face.





Later that day…





Alyssa trudged into the house completely exhausted from grading and lecturing for most of the day. She walked up the stairs hearing light snoring coming from the master bedroom. Delicately she opened the door and slipped inside. She padded over to the bed seeing Nick out cold under the covers. She grinned and stripped down to her underwear and pulled on a tee-shirt of his that was lying on the floor then slipped off her underwear and bra. Gently she slipped into bed lying on her side she stared at him wondering what he was dreaming about.





Nick moved his arm out unconsciously running into Alyssa’s stomach making her giggle lightly. Hearing this he opened his eyes seeing her smiling at him.





“Hey you.”





He gave her a lazy grin in the process, “I’m glad to see you.”





“Me too, how’d the meeting go?”





He sighed and rolled his eyes in response.





“That good eh?” She asked brushing his hair off his forehead affectionately.





“They still don’t know what the hell is going on, and to top if off my sisters hate me.”





Alyssa scoffed at him, “What did she do now?”





“What?”





“Anytime you say that it’s because either your mother or Bobbie said something to you.”





He grimaced knowing exactly how right she was, “She blames me and Aaron for the divorce.”





“And she’s one to talk. Nick I love Bobbie, I do really she’s a great girl, just she’s very complicated. You have to really understand where she’s coming from. You, her older brother, got to go off and travel around the world and make money, while she stayed at home with no one there besides the other kids. Do you realize how abandoned that must have made her feel?”





He nodded, “I know, and I feel terrible but I try to help and I get it spat back in my face.”





Alyssa sighed and moved closer to him, “Just give it time, she’ll come around someday. Hey at least you’re making progress with Aaron and Angel right?”





“Angel I don’t have to worry about, she’s the sane one. Aaron still has a lot of growing up to do.”





“He’s 19, he’s going to be that way for a long time. You do remember what you were like at 19 right? So in love with Amanda, even though you guys were on and off for so long.”





“True… But I wasn’t that dumb.”





“Umm, yeah you kind of were baby. Besides he’s still a kid, yeah legally he’s an adult but mentally he’s still about 15.”





Nick shrugged and pulled her to him holding her there. “I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make all the problems go away.”





“I know but life’s not like that, you gotta work through it, together.”





Nick nodded and held her to him, “Can we just elope?”





Alyssa looked up at him for a moment with an odd expression, “Ok captain mc-random what’s that for?”





“Planning a wedding, having my family involved especially my parents, it just seems like more trouble than it’s worth you know?”





“Yeah but the planning is the fun part, getting to tell people how we want our day to revolve around us. That’s what a wedding is for, it’s our day that everyone of our friends, family and guests will have to pay attention to us as a couple.”





He grinned at her, “I love it when you go all sentimental on me.”





The next night…





Nick walked through Concorde waving to Kellie over at the bar she smiled and waved back then motioned to the usual booth where AJ was sitting. “Fancy seeing you here.” Nick said with a smirk.





AJ chuckled and motioned for Nick to sit down. “How’ve you been?”





“Really good. You?”





AJ sighed a little and looked over at Kellie, “I’m in love.”





“Uh oh.”





AJ rolled his eyes, “No seriously man it’s for real this time. I love her, she’s just amazing…but she doesn’t love me.”





“What?”





“She still loves Aaron, I can totally tell…”





Nick twiddled his thumbs a little, “Yeah and he screwed up. She’s trying to move on from that heart ache and you’re helping her Alex.”





“I am?”





“Yeah by just being by her side, distracting her from the pain.”





Just as AJ was about to say something Nick’s attention strayed to where a rather large crowd had formed around a girl doing body shots off of various guys. Nick looked over and saw that the girl was in fact, his sister Bobbie. “Hang on a second.” He said getting up and going over to where she was. He pulled her reluctantly away from the crowd and gave her a stern look. “What in the hell are you doing?”





Bobbie rolled her eyes and pushed him away, “You can’t control me Nick!”





He straightened his back and took her arm just as Emma came running up. “Damnit B, why can’t you control yourself.” Emma looked up seeing Nick there. “Hi Nick, sorry about this Kellie called me to let me know she was here and to come get her.”





Nick sighed and helped Emma carry Bobbie out to his car. “I’ll take her home, thank you for looking after her, do you need a ride?”





“Yeah actually I took a cab.”





Nick grinned putting Bobbie in the back seat. “Hop in I’ll drive B home first then drop you off at your place.”





“Thank you…” Emma replied slipping into the passenger seat.





Nick got in starting the car and glanced over just in time to see her cross her legs making her already short skirt ride up her thigh. He immediately looked away and gripped the steering wheel as he pulled out hoping to God that the paparazzi hadn’t staked him out. He didn’t want to admit it but Emma was truly an attractive girl, and the fact that she seemed to completely respect and want to help Bobbie made her an even better person in his eyes. “So Emma, tell me about yourself, since you’re so close with B and all.”





Emma smiled and inwardly blushed when she saw him grin slightly. “I’m a student chef with Beej at the culinary academy. I would love to open my own restaurant but that will have to wait until I get my finances in order for it.” She said brushing a platinum blonde curl from her face.






“That’s good that you want to open your own business. It’s hard but definitely will be worth it in the end if you’re successful.”





“Yeah exactly my point.” She answered back with a slight chuckle.





He flashed her a grin and stated, “Alyssa would love you.”





“I know, I met her. She’s fantastic.”





“She’s not perfect but she’s the best woman I know. She actually just became my fiancé.”





Emma’s eyebrows raised in surprise, “Oh wow that’s wonderful! It’s always great to hear about couples that really love each other, it gives us single ones hope that true love does exist.”





“You believe in true love? I thought no one in LA did anymore.”





She laughed heartily at him, “True but at Alyssa’s birthday last year, I noticed that you two have that.”





“True love? I’d like to think we do, I love her more than anything, just last year was rough, like really rough we broke up once, and nearly got ripped apart at every turn.”





“So some of the tabloid rumors were true?”





He gave her an odd look, “You read the tabs?”





“Bobbie does, she was ranting and raving about how the show was going to be all about Nick’s relationship drama as she called it.”





“Some of it was true, but what happened was a mistake and we got passed it.”





“That’s good, I don’t mean to pry or anything, just you know she seems to be a really great person.”





“She is, I wouldn’t be marrying her if she weren’t.” He replied feeling a little less confident in that statement than usual. That fact alone scared the hell out of him. that he may not be as in love as he thought he was.




Meanwhile…




Alyssa walked through the grocery store grabbing the various little odds and ends she had on her list. For some reason she liked shopping for groceries at night, more than during the day, maybe it was because there were less people in lines, or just that everything seemed calmer. Whatever it was she seemed to like it more than going earlier on in the day. She looked around the produce section grabbing a bag and filling it with tomatoes then went over to the fruit eyeing everything. Once she’d looked to her satisfaction she went over to the pharmacy picking up her birth control pills.





When she was done with that she went over into the aisle passing by the pregnancy tests, wondering to herself when she’d have to buy one for herself.





“Funny seeing you here, near the pregnancy tests and condoms no less.” A familiar voice said behind her.





She whirled around seeing his piercing brown eyes. “Brandon….what are you doing here.”





“What everyone does in this section.” He said grabbing a box of condoms and dropping them into his basket.





Alyssa rolled her eyes a little at his apparent flirtation. “So what have you been doing?”





“Working. You?”




“Planning a wedding.” She said flashing her ring.




Brandon chuckled, “Ah so the boy folded and finally bought you a ring.”




Alyssa scoffed a little, “Actually he had it for over a year and a half before he asked me.”




“So he had the ring even when you and I…”




“Don’t go there Brandon.”




He smirked and inched closer, “Can he satisfy you the way I did?”




Alyssa chuckled and moved in closer, “For me to even bear your touch I had to imagine it was him the entire time.” She moved past him grabbing a bottle of Intrigue and smirked, “In fact that’s exactly what I’m going home to right now, the man I love, and believe me, I’m very satisfied with my choice.” She shot back and walked away with an extra sway in her hips.




Alyssa checked out and left the store driving home. She smiled as she pulled into the garage seeing all of Nick’s cars there, the H2, the Escalade and the 950i BMW. She got out bringing the few bags she had inside and emptied them.




Nick bounded down the stairs and went into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.




She sighed and closed her eyes. “You’re home.” She said simply.




He grinned more and rested his jaw on her temple feeling much more secure in his feelings for her than he had felt just 30 minutes before. He had to admit being attracted to Emma had frightened him. True he’d been attracted to women since he and Alyssa had gotten together, but no one had made him react quite like that other than Alyssa and that is what had frightened him. He shook his head lightly bringing himself out of his thoughts. He looked down at her hands seeing the diamond ring he’d placed there. At that second he was reminded exactly why he’d asked her, that she was the only one he wanted to spend forever with. “I’m so happy I asked you to marry me.” He said his words mimicking his thoughts.




She turned slightly looking up at him and grinned, “Why do you say that?”




Nick sighed a little and gripped her tighter to him, “Because I just am, coming home to you, or vice versa, is just exactly the life I’ve wanted for a long time.”




She grinned wider and kissed him lightly then broke away. “How about we make dinner together tonight?” She suggested.





Her smile grew wider as his eyes lit up at the offer. “Sounds like a plan what are we having?”





“Well I figured we should make something fun, how about we make our favorites, chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes, salad, and strawberry shortcake for dessert?”




“What no oysters and chocolate too?” He joked in response.




Alyssa giggled at him, “Chocolate drizzled over the shortcake okay for you?”




He nodded and went over to the fridge and started taking out everything they’d need. Alyssa came over and grabbed a bottle of white wine and grabbed two wine glasses pouring them each a glass.. They grinned and took a sip before getting to work. He took all the salad fixings and began washing them and chopping them up while she took and turned on the stove and got the various pots and pans ready for cooking adding water to some, cooking spray to others. Nick smiled at her as they cooked he loved doing this cooking for each other. It always reassured him that their relationship, no matter how many trials they’d be able to get through anything together.





After finishing the tossed salad he took the potatoes that had been boiling for the past ten minutes and drained them while she plated the chicken and drizzled the sauce over it placing them in the warm oven to keep them warm, and took out the shortcake that had been warming up. Smiling to herself she grabbed the strawberries and whipped cream and dark chocolate sauce.




Nick mashed the potatoes adding some garlic and onion to it. “Here taste this for me.” He semi-commanded having her test out the gravy he attempted to make.





She tried some from the spoon he offered her and she made a face at him. “That is the most god awful shit I’ve ever tasted.” She replied chuckling at him.





“Thanks a lot…” He said getting a look on his face that made her laugh even harder. Feeling the need for some retaliation he grabbed a spoonful of the potatoes. “Fine you don’t like my cooking then you can wear it.” He replied flinging the food at her so that it hit her cheek.





Her jaw dropped and she turned to look at him letting the potatoes slip off her face. “You are so dead…” She replied grabbing a fistful of the strawberry shortcake and smashed it into his face launching them into a full scale food fight.





Alyssa screamed as he chased her around the kitchen shrieking when he got close. She flung off her shoes and stopped cold when he went to the sink grabbing the dish sprayer.





He flicked it on spraying her a little bit as she tried to run away. He laughed and turned back to the sink putting the sprayer away then grabbed a paper towel wiping off most of the shortcake she’d smashed into his face.





In response she opened the freezer grabbing a handful of ice and holding it behind her back. Quietly she snuck up on him and hugged him from behind with one arm. The other looped around his waist and dropped the ice down the front of his jeans making him yelp. “Shit!” He yelled trying to get his jeans off in a hurry as Alyssa backed away with a smirk on her face. He looked over at her. “What the fuck?!”





She laughed at him, “A little cold lover?”





His eyes narrowed as he kicked off his jeans and his shirt and moved closer to her, “That wasn’t very nice.” He said backing her up against the counter.





Alyssa looked up at him with a playful grin on her face. “Like you spraying me was…”





At that moment he looked at her, her hair wet and tangled, her light blue dress shirt plastered to her body like a second skin making the black material of her bra stand out underneath the wet shirt. He smirked at her making her look down at herself she chuckled as he brushed some of her wet hair out of her face. He leaned down and captured her mouth in a lingering kiss. She groaned slightly as he pulled her to him feeling the heat radiate off of him making her shiver.





Taking that as his cue he picked her up and placed her on the counter. He moved his mouth to her neck sucking on her pulse point making her moan and shudder. In retaliation she moved her hand down between them and slipped inside his boxer briefs running her fingers over him. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath while her fingers wrapped around him stroking him slowly, and ever so lightly. He opened his eyes and looked at her seeing the playful expression on her face and reached out taking each lapel of her collar and ripping apart her shirt sending buttons flying every which way. She gasped a little bit staring at him intently as she shrugged the rest of the nearly tattered shirt off. He took her hand out of his boxers and laced their fingers then pushed her arm down making her lay across the counter top not far from the cooling stove. She glanced at it momentarily and he tipped her chin back to look at him, “Don’t worry I won’t hurt you.”





“I know.” She said seeing the sincerity in his eyes. He walked around to the side of her grinning at her as he leaned down to nibble along her collarbone. Sighing she arched her back slightly and looked just above her seeing the bowl of strawberries she smirked and grabbed one taking a bite.




Feeling her move he looked up seeing the strawberry. He rolled his eyes, “Figures I’m trying to drive you nuts and all you can think about is eating.”




“You want some?” She asked with a grin holding up the half eaten strawberry.




He grinned and leaned in to take a bite and just as he got close enough she pulled it away and closer to her mouth. Quickly she tore off the stem and placed the rest in her mouth leaving half out for him to take from her. He chuckled a little bit at the clichéd move but figured he’d humor her anyways and leaned in kissing her while biting piece off of the fruit. Getting an idea he moved his mouth back to her collarbone moving slowly across and down her chest removing her bra and tossing it aside. She moaned loudly and arched her back again. He smiled against her skin and looked up seeing her eyes close and her expression seem like she wanted to focus solely on what he was going to do next. Getting back to his task he kissed and bit down her stomach making her giggle rather loudly when he got to her naval. That laughter was silenced when he tugged gently on her naval ring then moved down licking across the skin the peeked above her skirt. He stopped for a moment and moved back to the end of the counter. Nick looked at her hips wondering how he’d get to the zipper on the back of the skirt. But instead of asking her to move he brought his hands to the slight slit at the side and ripped the material up to her hip ripping it in half.




Alyssa’s breathing became more shallow and she looked up at him with an eyebrow raised, he smirked and replied, “I’ll buy you another one.” He looked down to see her reaching for her underwear trying to kick it off. “Lift your hips up.” He instructed taking and slipping her underwear over her hips and down her legs as she did so. With a cheesy grin on his face he flung them across the room watching them land on top of the faucet. Alyssa chuckled and started to sit up stopping when he placed his hands on her shoulders pushing her back down. “Not yet.” He replied moving to the inside of her thigh just above her knee and biting her rather roughly.




“Oh….Christ…” Alyssa moaned loving how he’d bite her one second being completely gentle and the next leaving quite impressive bite marks in his wake.




He grinned into her thigh as he continued forward on the insides of her thighs as his fingers ran up the outside to her hips holding her down as his tongue came in contact with her making her shudder and her hips buck lightly. “Relax baby…” He said looking up at her.




“Kinda difficult when you’re….”




He laughed interrupting her and shook his head before going back to her inner thigh tracing her tattoo with his tongue. A moment later he moved back to torturing her slowly making slow rough circles with his mouth that had her practically writhing beneath him. He held his grip on her hips having to more than once force her hips back to countertop.




Almost as if she were afraid he’d stop she moved a hand down and weaved it into his short hair holding him there just as she felt his tongue plunge inside her. As she felt her orgasm approaching her hold on him tightened with every thrust of his tongue to the point where she was practically pulling on his hair. Her body shook as she felt the all too familiar adrenaline rush through her system. She closed her eyes and collapsed against the cool granite countertop.




Nick kissed his way up her stomach then stood up. “Good?”




“Hell….yeah…” She said breathlessly.




He smirked and took her hands in his and helped her off the counter. Her legs wobbled a little and he caught her steadying her in his arms.




He chuckled at her, “Damn I’m good.”




She looked up at him then got an idea, “I believe I’m just as good…” Alyssa replied pushing him up against the pantry cabinet doors. He got a knowing smirk on his face while she placed her lips on his chest and began kissing her way down to his boxer briefs. She glanced up for a moment as she hooked her fingers into his boxers and slipped them over his hips and down his legs so he could kick them off. She kneeled in front of him and slowly took him in her mouth.




He sucked in a breath and threw his head back hitting the upper cabinet door with a loud smack. She moved her mouth along his length gently pressing her teeth to him slightly making him gasp and growl when she did. As she quickened her movement he felt his climax building and he stopped her. She looked up at him with a question in her eyes. He shook his head and joined her on the floor pushing her to lay beneath him. She wrapped her arms around him bringing his body closer to her as he entered her swiftly making her sigh in satisfaction. He raised up a little as he began moving against her. She glanced up at him while she moved her hands to his shoulder blades digging her nails in lightly as she lifted her hips up to meet his causing both of them to groan at the friction. Alyssa pulled him down on top of her and wrapped both her arms and legs around him pushing him over so they could trade places. She smirked at him as she placed each hand on his chest and moved on him. He grabbed her hips guiding them into a circular rocking motion. Feeling that they were both close she took his hands and leaned forward pinning them by his head. He looked up into her eyes and smiled as she leaned in pressing her lips to his as she felt her climax rush over her, the tiny contractions of her muscles sending him over the edge as well.




Alyssa collapsed to his side and they both laid on the cold tile flooring sated and exhausted.




Nick inhaled smelling something that was not quite right, “Is something burning?”




Immediately Alyssa’s eyes widened and she got up grabbing his shirt and throwing it over her head. She grabbed an oven mitt and opened the oven door letting all the smoke out. “Shit, shit, shit….” She exclaimed over and over grabbing the two plates of now charred chicken.




Nick stood up throwing on his boxer briefs and laughed out loud before coughing from the smoke. They closed the oven just as the fire alarm went off making him laugh harder as he scrambled to grab a towel trying to get the smoke away from the fire alarm to stop the shrill beeping. Once it stopped he leaned against the fridge looking over at Alyssa’s dismayed expression.




“Well there goes dinner.” She announced making them both erupt in laughter.
Chapter 3: Happy Birthday Mr. President by Teri
Author's Notes:
Okay I know FINALLY right? Well I've been sick, working, and going to school hence no writing, hopefully I will be writing on Sexcapades tonight if I can get ahold of Mel, though...her internet's been out for a little while so probably not. Anyways I caved and got a domain www.drifting-in-between-dreams.com hope ya'll like it, Mel, Honey and Presley are going to be hosted there, and *nudges Moppy* anyone else that would like to be hosted give me a holler and I'll take a look at you're stuff and if it's good it just may get hosted. As always R&R!!

Chapter Three: Happy Birthday Mr. President

 

 

 

Nick stirred slowly in his sleep, rolling over to pull Alyssa closer to him but instead came in contact with an empty bed. He opened his eyes seeing the rumpled bed sheets and a note on the pillow.

 

 

 

Had an early morning meeting, be home later, by the way happy birthday.

 

 

Love

 

 

Lissa

 

 

 

He grinned and relaxed against the sheets thinking about what she had planned for his birthday. Usually it was just something simple. But last year, they were barely speaking to each other which meant she probably was going to do something to make up for it. Whatever it was he was totally game for it.

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

 

Alyssa sighed a little hoping the slight nausea she’d had all day would go away as she waited for her students to file out of the classroom.

 

 

 

“Great class today Ms. Monroe.” Lindsay one of Alyssa’s students remarked stopping by the desk.

 

 

 

Alyssa smiled at her student and brushed her hair out of her face with her hand, “Why thank you Lindsay. How’s that paper coming?”

 

 

 

Lindsay nodded seeing the engagement ring on Alyssa’s hand and grinned, “Pretty good overall. So is it true, you’re engaged?”

 

 

 

Alyssa gave her an odd look, “Oh no not you too.” She said with a sarcastic grin.

 

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

 

“It’s hard sometimes to know whose taking my class for the educational value and whose taking it to get info on my fiancé.” She explained.

 

 

 

“Oh god, no I love this class I’m a lit major so I need this class, and yeah I can totally understand. I must admit I am a fan but I didn’t realize that you were well you until first day of class there’s another professor who teaches this class right, I thought I was taking it with…”

 

 

 

“Dr. Deitrich, she was my mentor, but yeah we had to switch sections this semester because this is a hybrid class. Half internet, half lecture, it frees up my schedule a little bit and I can work from home.”

 

 

 

“Working from home must be nice.”

 

 

 

Alyssa chuckled knowing that she was fishing for information, “It is, and quiet too, Nick’s usually recording most of the day so if I’m working at home it’s so quiet I can get a lot of work done.”

 

 

 

“I’m glad you’re a normal girl, he needs that.”

 

 

 

“I know right, I was friends with him through practically every girlfriend and pretty much there were like three normal girls besides myself everyone else was a model, singer, athlete or god forbid an heiress.”

 

 

 

Lindsay chuckled, “I take it you don’t like the last one before you right?”

 

 

 

“Paris? Couldn’t stand her, I know you’re probably going to tell the message boards this and frankly I don’t care but that girl really hurt him, more than he’ll ever say. It’s a really sore subject.”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry he went through that.”

 

 

 

“Yeah me too, he’s such a good man and he’s been through so much that he doesn’t realize how good he is. So he tries to sabotage himself and so do I so really we’re quite a pair.”

 

 

 

“So when’s the wedding?”

 

 

 

“Honestly we haven’t even started planning yet, we’re just enjoying being engaged. Besides we have two Backstreet weddings with Howie getting married and all.”

 

 

 

“Yeah I read about that, that’s so cool.”

 

 

 

“Oh yeah it was about time too they’ve been dating for 6 years. She’s great such a sweetie and perfect for him, makes him so happy.”

 

 

 

“So are you friends with the guys?”

 

 

 

“Like the boys? Hell yeah they’re so sweet, Brian’s a hoot, Kevin is well Kevin, AJ is such a softy it’s not even funny. He’s dating my best friend right now and he’s always doting on her.”

 

 

 

“Was that the one that was dating Aaron?”

 

 

 

“Damn how do you guys know all of this stuff?”

 

 

 

“We’re like the CIA, well the LD Fans are like the CIA.” She said completely straight-faced.

 

 

 

Alyssa smirked, “I know I’m a member on most of the message boards like LD, DLS, and a couple of others. I sometimes join in the discussion, but I steer clear of a certain member on LD.”

 

 

 

“I know exactly who you’re talking about.”

 

 

 

“Yep. Nick can’t stand her, anytime I go on LD he’s usually with me and he rolls his eyes at anything she posts.”

 

 

 

“I bet, she’s pretty annoying most of us are annoyed by her.”

 

 

 

Alyssa laughed at the comment, “But yeah other than that I’ve made a ton of friends through the message boards, no one knows who I really am but still it’s nice to hear what the fans have to say about the new music, the boys in general and even about myself. I know some don’t like me but that’s ok that’s their malfunction.”

 

 

 

“Yeah a lot of them believe that something happened with that actor last year.”

 

 

 

“Let’s just say I put my trust in someone that I shouldn’t have. It nearly cost me everything I have with Nick.”

 

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

 

“Yeah thank God we’re stronger than that.”

 

 

 

“You must really love him huh?”

 

 

 

“With all my heart, he’s the only person I can see myself with. He’s flawed yeah but he’s human, but he means well.”

 

 

 

Lindsay glanced at her watch and smiled, “Thanks for the talk, I’ll see you around campus.”

 

 

 

“No problem. I’ll see you in class next week and good luck on your research.”

 

 

 

Later on…

 

 

 

“Happy birthday loser.” AJ said with a shit-eating grin on his face.

 

 

 

Nick smiled and took a breath, “I cannot believe I’m 27.”

 

 

 

“And engaged.” Brian added with a Cheshire smile.

 

 

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “What’s the grin for?”

 

 

 

“Nothing you’re just growing up and it’s pretty fucking cool.” AJ remarked.

 

 

 

He laughed at them lightly, “You two are weird as hell. Anyways where’s Howie?”

 

 

 

“Stuck in traffic.” AJ said in a sing-song voice making Nick crack up.

 

 

 

“We’re so never living that one down are we?”

 

 

 

“Hey I got Baylee singing it the other day. Leigh was on the floor laughing.”

 

 

 

Nick grinned at the mention of Baylee, in a way he was really grateful for the little kid, it’d actually brought Brian and him back as friends. Acting like little kids was no longer taboo because of the little guy.

 

 

 

“What are you grinning at?”

 

 

 

“Nothing, just how’s my nephew?”

 

 

 

“Good, growing like a weed eating like crazy and whatever you do, don’t mention macaroni and cheese around him.”

 

 

 

“Like father, like son.” AJ added with a smirk.

 

 

 

“How’s everything with Kel?”

 

 

 

“Pretty good, did you know she has OCD?”

 

 

 

“Yeah she’s borderline though.” Nick remarked back.

 

 

 

AJ scoffed, “She organized my house, it’s insane but I actually kind of like it, I know where everything is now.”

 

 

 

“See it’s not always so bad at least she’s not like Howard Hughes type of OCD where she’s washing her hands until they bleed.”

 

 

 

“True, that would not be good at all.”

 

 

 

“So…when are we getting another backstreet baby?” Brian asked shooting Nick a sideways glance.

 

 

 

“As soon as Kevin knocks Kristin up.”

 

 

 

“Ha..ha…very funny Carter, I was referring to you and Ali, you know Baylee could use a cousin.”

 

 

 

Nick rolled his eyes, “Let’s just say we’re not officially trying, but if it happens, it happens end of story. And why haven’t you and Leigh tried for another one?”

 

 

 

“Who says we’re not? She just wants to wait until Bay is a little older.”

 

 

 


“Besides not everyone can pop out kids like you’re family.” AJ commented.

 

 

 

Nick laughed at the comment, “Yeah I don’t think either of my parents ever quite understood the value of birth control.”

 

 

 

“Yeah but at least you’ve got siblings, I have a stepsister and half siblings from my dad’s family that I never see.” AJ explained.

 

 

 

“You want my siblings, take them please, they’re driving me nuts. Between walking in on Aaron having sex, and Angel modeling half naked, and B’s drinking, Les’s attitude I could do without em for a little while.”

 

 

 

“Walking in on Aaron?” Brian asked trying to bite back his laughter.

 

 

 

“Sorry man but you deserve it after we had to walk in on you and Ali so many times, or even heard you two go at it in the hotels.”

 

 

 

“She’s just letting everyone know who she belongs to.” Nick shot back making AJ snort.

 

 

 

“More like proclaiming it to the known universe.”

 

 

 

Later that afternoon…

 

 

 

Alyssa smiled as placed the present in the box, she knew he’d love it definitely something he’d enjoy as well as the various other presents she got him. She loved being able to spoil him as much as he spoiled her. It made her feel good that she could contribute to the relationship monetarily as well. It gave her a sense of responsibility and she was glad that he understood that for the most part.

 

 

 

As she finished wrapping his presents she heard the front door open. She scurried about hiding all but one of the presents from him. She settled on the bed catching her breath, still feeling a bit out of it from earlier in the day.

 

 

 

“Baby? Where are ya?” He called out into the eerily quiet house.

 

 

 

“In the bedroom.” She replied smacking her forehead for making it sound like she wanted something more than to just give him one of the presents.

 

 

 

He smirked dropping his keys and wallet on the table in the foyer. Kicking off his flip-flops he went upstairs losing the smirk he had when he saw her fully clothed sitting on the bed. “Damn that wasn’t nice.”

 

 

 

“What?” She said with a smile.

 

 

 

“You know what…”

 

 

 

She laughed, “Just because I’m in the bedroom doesn’t mean I wanna screw around.”

 

 

 

He rolled his eyes and sat next to her on the bed seeing the little box she was holding with a bow around it. “And that would be?”

 

 

 

“A birthday present. One of many.”

 

 

 

“Many? You didn’t have to you know that right?”

 

 

 

“I know but I like getting you things, like you like to do for me.” She said offering the box to him.

 

 

 

He grinned opening it seeing a receipt. “Umm, I don’t think receipt’s qualify as presents.”

 

 

 

“No look at what’s on it.”

 

 

 

Nick looked at it reading his eyes getting wider as he read. “How?”

 

 

 

“I asked Juliette to help.”

 

 

 

“Floor seats to the Lakers?! These are impossible to get!”

 

 

 

“Yeah and you’ve been dying to have them since you moved out to LA. I figured an entire season would make up for all the times you tried to get em and couldn’t.”

 

 

 

“How did you get these?”

 

 

 

“Juliette I called her two months ago and said that you’d been dying to have floor seats and that I wanted an entire season for you and that I’d be ever so grateful, meaning I’d make you do something nice for her if she got em.”

 

 

 

“She’s getting a huge bonus for this.”

 

 

 

“She and I worked our butts off trying to get those. And…it’s two so you can take me, or Aaron or one of the guys.”

 

 

 


“I’ll take you, you’re more fun at a game.”

 

 

 

“You better especially when Phoenix is in town I’ll die to see Nash and the boys up close.”

 

 

 

“And yell at D’Antoni for not getting them to the finals right?”

 

 

 

“Duh!”

 

 

 

He pulled her to him and gave her a kiss, “You’re amazing.”

 

 

 

“Wait there’s more.” She said deciding on giving him the two other presents she’d gotten him. She went to her closet pulling out the other two presents one small and the other rather large and heavy. She handed him the small box first he smiled opening it seeing a platinum band with celtic knot designs all around it. “There’s an inscription too.” She remarked.

 

 

 

He tilted the ring looking inside reading the script, “To the one who holds my heart ~ Ali. I love this.”

 

 

 

“I hoped you would.” She said taking the ring and his right hand slipping it on his ring finger, “The knot design is a tie in to my tattoo and it’s essentially my promise to you that I’ll be by your side no matter what.”

 

 

 

He looked at his hand, “I almost want to put in on the left hand.”

 

 

 

“Nope it goes on the right, unless you want that as your wedding band but I was hoping we could go pick those out sometime together.”

 

 

 

“Of course we can, when did you want to go?”

 

 

 

“As soon as we set a date.”

 

 

 

He chuckled, “Yeah we need to do that don’t we?”

 

 

 

“Yeah but we’ll talk about that later open you’re last present.”

 

 

 

He took the large square box standing up and placing it on the bed to open it. Tearing through the silver paper and cutting through the tape that held the box together he opened it chuckling as he looked inside. “A bowling ball?” He asked taking the green ball out seeing it was engraved with a copy of his signature.

 

 

 

“Yep thought you might need that for tonight.”

 

 

 

“And that would be for what? Unless it’s for some weird sex game I don’t know about…”

 

 

 

Alyssa cracked up, “No pervert, it’s because we’re going to Lucky Strike tonight.” She said, as she stood up but sat right back down feeling light headed.

 

 

 

“Whoa are you okay?” He asked completely concerned.

 

 

 

She looked up, “Yeah just haven’t been feeling well today.”

 

 

 

“Don’t tell me you’re getting sick.” He said feeling her forehead with the back of his hand. “No you don’t have a fever.”

 

 

 

She smiled, “Nah I’ll be ok, probably just tired from working.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’re up for bowling?”

 

 

 

She looked at him and nodded, “Yeah I’ll be fine.”

 

 

 

“Okay…”

 

 

 

That night…

 

 

 

“So how’s it feel to be 27?” Chris asked with a smirk.

 

 

 

“Not too bad…” Nick replied seeing Alyssa come out of the bathroom looking a little pale. He went over to her, “Hey you ok?”

 

 

 

“I’ll be fine.” She said waving him off.

 

 

 

Feeling more than a little concerned he went over to Lori. “Lori can you do me a favor?”

 

 

 

“What’s up?”

 

 

 

He sighed looking over at Alyssa who was nursing a cup of 7-up. “Find out why she’s not feeling well she won’t say anything to me and just keep an eye on her and let me know if I should take her home early.”

 

 

 

Lori grinned at the concern and worry written all over his face. “No problem…you just have fun.” She said patting him on the shoulder then making her way over to Alyssa. “Why are you not feeling well?” She asked bluntly.

 

 

 

“It’s nothing just a little stomach bug.”

 

 

 

“For how long?”

 

 

 

“A week now, I’m totally fine, no fever or anything.”

 

 

 

“Do you think you could be…you know…”

 

 

 

“What? Pregnant, hell no, it’s just nausea right now I know the symptoms believe me if it were I’d know.”

 

 

 


“Ok but that’s how it always starts, as nausea then the other symptoms start showing up. That’s how it was when I was pregnant with Jamie.”

 

 

 

Alyssa nodded, “I know and I’ll keep a lookout for it, but I honestly doubt that’s what this is.”

 

 

 

“Yeah I said the same thing.” Lori replied getting up.

 

 

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes and smiled a little.

 

 

 

Nick looked over and grinned at her making her smile brighter. He sighed a little out of relief, the worst thing would be for her not to have fun too. He motioned her over to him she got up wrapping her arms around his waist and smiled up at him. “Thanks for this, it’s been a good birthday.”

 

 

 

“Welcome, just wish I felt a little better.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4: Pitter Patter by Teri
Author's Notes:
OMG IT'S AN UPDATE!! lol I'm feeling a little better and I thought I'd update before I head into work tonight. Anyways if you didn't notice the title...then don't worry you'll understand later in the chapter. Anyways as always R&R
Chapter Four: Pitter Patter

*******************************
Alyssa Narrating:

Ok so I think I’m pregnant….

I know, I know I said that I didn’t think it was but…I’m starting to think that I’m wrong. Actually I’m pretty damn sure, so sure I went off the birth control pills that will just hurt the baby…if there is one. I wanna play it safe this time around you know?

The miscarriage two summers ago still stings to think about and so this one is going get some special precaution this time.

My only real problem at the moment with all of this is the possibility of another season of the show. I realize that Nick and I are engaged and everything but really I’m worried about exposure.

If you hadn’t noticed I’m not one for the whole fame game. I’m not an actress, model, singer, or any of the above combination. I’m just a teacher with a famous future husband….

Okay I must admit it’s still a bit weird to think of Nick as my fiancé, it’s going to be even weirder once we’re married and I get to say ‘that’s my husband’. So odd I swear.

Even more odd is the title of parents. Although he’s going to be an amazing father, just because he’s grown so much in the past few years, and he’s really a big kid himself so it’ll be easy to relate to a child. I mean come on I see it everytime when he hangs out with Brian and Baylee which is rather dangerous! Mainly because it’s so friggin’ adorable it makes you want to have children and more importantly his children. And seeing him hold Jamie or take care of him as an uncle? Oh my God he’s just so careful and gentle with him it’s almost crazy.

Maybe this is the right time, although with a new album coming out this year, a wedding, a tour, possibly the show and now a baby? Man has he got his plate full. But that’s my man always working so hard that he exhausts me with how hard he works.

Yeah his work is more fun than anything but there’s a lot of physically taxing work and a lot of tedious grunt work as well.

I know this because I got to experience it all on his solo tour. Hell even before that I went into the studio a few times and mixing an album is NO easy task. It’s fun but it’s hard work and extremely time consuming. When you’re in there time stops almost at least it seems to. And then you feel tired and are like okay let’s take a break and you go outside or look at the clock and 4 or 5 hours have passed and you’ve only mixed one or two songs.

Though watching him work is very cool, just seeing him sit at a sound board just playing around with different sounds and effects make it really interesting. That and he loves it, it’s really what he lives for, being in the studio, making an album then his all time favorite part, the tour.

Touring is hell, I’m not going to lie. The most fun is the beginning and the end, everything in the middle kinda blows. The sets get old, the jokes get tired and lame. The dance moves get boring. And I’m not even in the freakin’ band! Hence why I never go to every show, I go to most but not every one of them, I know to a regular fan it may seem all glamorous but really it’s anything but. Traveling sucks, the food’s terrible even at the best of the best hotels. It’s just boring. There’s only so much ‘gourmet’ food you can have before you scream out “JUST GIVE ME A DAMN CHEESE BURGER!!!!!!!” Which Nick has actually shouted in the past.

Funny story actually, Kevin was bitching at Nick about eating properly and Nick was starving, and did not, I repeat did NOT want a salad or anything healthy because sometimes you just want something that you’re going to feel guilty about later. And Kevin was playing the scolding older brother role he’s known so well for and Nick just yells that out. At which point I stepped in and told Kevin to lay off that one cheese burger wasn’t going to kill anyone, and to Nick that he sounded like Baylee when he wants something he can’t have.

I think I had Brian and Howie cracking up, AJ conveniently made one crack too many about Nick and food and was hiding because of the death glare he’d gotten in return.

That’s one thing you don’t want to joke about with him. It hurts him sometimes when he’s trying so hard to be healthy and lead a better lifestyle that someone berates him. I have never seen anything wrong with him, and I still don’t think there is much besides his own personal issues. But my opinion doesn’t always matter in that situation.

Which leads me back to the pregnancy issue, my opinion doesn’t matter one iota…his however does. Everything beyond that is nothing if he doesn’t want to or if he is excited then we have so much ahead of us. I know what you’re thinking, and no matter what I’m having this kid, and this just might make or break us…

Now all I have to do is tell him….*crosses fingers*

End Narration.
************************************


“Hello?” Nick asked answering his phone making Alyssa chuckle as he had scurried around the house trying to find it before it went to voice mail. “Okay yeah I can come in then, yeah it’s not a problem, I’ll see you then, later Ken.”

Alyssa gave him a look, “Another management meeting?”

He nodded, “It’s about the show, so hopefully they’ve made a decision.”

“That would be great…” Alyssa said trailing off a little.

Nick noticed the odd expression and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Just thinking, we’re engaged, does that mean I have to be involved in the show this time?”

He thought for a moment, “Is that bad? I mean it’d be cool to get you in on the family things especially living together…”

“No I know, just being on a reality show having no aspirations for fame, might sound like a paradox to most people.”

Grinning a little he put his hand over hers and made her look at him, “So then you won’t be the focus of the show… just focus on the family like last time except you’ll be living with us.”

“Speaking of family…” She began taking a deep breath.

He looked over at her studying her worried expression. “Yeah?”

Alyssa considered him for a moment seeing the curiousity in his eyes. She made no move toward him or away figuring now would be the best time to break the news. “I think I might be pregnant.”

He stopped for a moment, “Wait what?”

“We might be pregnant.”

His expression didn’t change for a few seconds, “You think we are or you know we are?”

“I’m pretty fucking positive, I’ve been nauseous for weeks, my bra’s are tighter and my chest is sore as hell, I can smell cologne on you from here and you’re standing three feet away and you hardly wear any.”

“And…”

“And I missed my period…for a week now.”

His eyes lit up at her admission and he smiled, “So when do we find out for sure?”

“Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor.”

“What time?”

“Three o’clock.”

“Can I go?”

Alyssa gave him an odd look, “You wanna go to an obstetrician appointment with me?”

“Yeah, I wanna be there when we find out for sure.” He said smiling and walked over to her hugging her.

“You’re weird.”

He rolled his eyes, “Well we’re pretty damn sure that we’re having a baby right?”

“Yeah tomorrow is just really a confirmation blood test and to tell me the conception date and due date.”

“They can tell you when we conceived?” He said with an amused expression.

“Yep. The first time around before the miscarriage, that was in my father’s truck after the funeral. This time if I’m right we’re standing on the very spot where our kid was conceived.” She replied.

Nick looked around the kitchen thinking then covered his mouth laughing into it. “The night we ruined dinner?”

“I’m thinking that’s when it’s the only logical time frame. I was on my placebo week for my pills which make it more possible to get pregnant. And it was the end of that week soooooooo…..yeah I think you knocked me up.”

“So when can we tell people?”

“When we know for sure and AFTER we tell our parents.”

“Shit…do I have to tell my mother?”

“Yes, we’ll tell my family first then yours. I know my side will take it well as will your siblings, but Jane…no way are we telling her first, she’ll leak it to all the tabloids. You know she will so we tell all the important people first, including Jane we’ll just leave her until the end so we can break the news to the fans.”

“I see you’ve thought about this a lot.”

“I had to, she’s going to think I’ve trapped you and that you’re only marrying me because I’m pregnant.”

“Bull shit I asked you at least a week or two before we conceived.”

“I know but still it looks a little fishy.”

“The fact that less than a month after we get engaged that we get pregnant too?” Nick said with a soft grin on his face.

Alyssa studied his expression for a moment, “You’re excited about this aren’t you?”

“I’m trying so hard not jump up and down right now until we know for sure.”

She grinned as he moved over hugging her from behind running his hands over her stomach. “So you want to be a father?”

“Only if you’re the mother. We make a great team, we’ll be strong together.” He replied kissing her temple.

“I was worried you wouldn’t like the idea. I mean yeah it’s amazing we may have created life together, but you’ve got so much on your plate right now I didn’t want to stress you out further.”

“Our baby is a blessing.” He stated making Alyssa snort at him.

“Okay Anikan.” She joked.

He cracked up, “Sorry I didn’t even realize I was quoting it.”

“I know my man is such a nerd.” He grinned wider at her making her sigh in contentment. “That’s my favorite smile of yours.”

“I have more than one?”

“Yep that was your happy smile. The one in photoshoots is your cheesy I’m a rockstar smile. Meeting fans is your polite smile. When you want to mess around you smirk and either arch an eyebrow or lick your lips a lot or both.”

“You notice all of that?”

“Yeah...don’t you?”

“Of course but I thought that was just me being weird.”

She rolled her eyes and changed the subject, “Okay so for tomorrow do you want to meet me at the office?”

“No I’ll have Aaron drop me off at the school and I’ll go with you after your class.”

“You want to sit in on one of my lectures?”

“Yep, then afterward we can just relax at home and celebrate together before we tell everyone.”

The next day…

“Well Nick, Aaron, girls, E! has decided to pick up another three seasons of House of Carters.” Ken announced as Nick grinned a little.

“That’s great when do we start?” Angel asked.

“Next week we start shooting at Nick’s house all of you should be there.” Ken explained.

Nick sighed he was happy because the show would bring the band exposure, but a little worried about having the pregnancy broadcasted to the world.

“Anything wrong with that?” Ken asked.

“No nothing’s wrong, Ali is going to be there, she lives there you know?”

“Yes and E! wants her on the show now, last year made her a quasi celebrity whether she likes it or not.”

Nick nodded, “She’ll be okay I’ll talk to her.”

“How is my future sister?” Leslie asked through the phone as she stood at her computer up in Canada.

“She’s good, I’m going to go sit in on her class today then we have an appointment.”

About 20 minutes later the meeting was adjourned. Aaron walked out to his truck waiting for Nick to stop talking with Ken.

“So what’s the appointment for?” Ken asked.

“Alyssa might be pregnant and we’re finding out for sure today.” He explained.

At the announcement Ken’s eyes lit up, “Do you realize how good of timing that is, The media will have a field day and have the show and the album more attention.”

“What? No I’m not using my kid as publicity.”

“I know but you and Ali are an ‘it’ couple right now, she’s not even a real celebrity but people love her because she’s normal and she doesn’t want to be an actress or anything like that. She’s the anti-Paris.” Ken replied chuckling as Nick walked to the truck.

“Oh and Ken do NOT tell anyone until Ali and I say so ok?”

“Okay I promise.” Ken said with a smile knowing they would want time to tell their families.

A little while later…

“All right those are all great points of view.” Alyssa announced scanning the classroom looking for any sign of Nick. Suddenly the door opened and Nick walked in wearing jeans and a grey oxford button down collared shirt. She smiled and motioned for him to take a seat with a nod of her head. He grinned at her and took a seat in the front row on the corner near the door. “I’m assuming everyone did the reading last night so let’s continue our discussion of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Any thoughts or opinions?”

Lindsay raised her hand glancing down the row seeing Nick there.

“Lindsay?” Alyssa asked.

“I thought it was intriguing, it was certainly graphic.”

“Yes, but what was the over riding theme?”

A boy from the back raised his hand, “Yes Andrew?” Alyssa asked still quite pleased with herself that she could remember all 50 of her students names. That was the one thing about English classes they sizes were pretty small in comparison to a huge lecture class. Although, she did like having a larger lecture hall to teach in rather than a normal classroom.

“Well I thought it to be, that you can’t escape your fate.”

“Hmm interesting, care to elaborate on that?”

“The three witches in the beginning resemble the fates from Ancient Greek mythology, they told Macbeth his fate long before it would happen and no matter how hard he tried to escape part of it he still was doomed.”

“You make some good points, but we must also remember that what if Macbeth hadn’t have known his fate? Would he have acted the same or remained loyal to his king? Maybe knowing his fate is what made him act in that way.”

Lindsay spoke up hoping her definition was right, “So like for instance is it really better to know what happens before it happens or is it better to let things flow?”

“Yes exactly, also for tonight’s homework please read the last act of Macbeth and write a two page analysis on the theme and thematic implications, do NOT just recite the plot to me. I really want to read YOUR original opinions on the matter okay?” She said getting groans from the students. “Oh come on it’s two pages double spaced, that’s so easy you can write it in five minutes and get a good grade if you actually try. And you all know my policy about late work, unless you have a doctors note or emergency situation there is NO late work.” She explained as they began filing out, “I’ll see you all back here tomorrow then!” She said with a grin as Nick stayed still for a few moments.

“See you tomorrow Alyssa.” Lindsay said with a Cheshire grin.

“Oh go say hi to him already.” Alyssa replied laughing.

Nick got up and came over, “You almost ready?”

“Yeah give me a few minutes, and by the way this is Lindsay one of my students and quite a big fan of yours.”

He grinned and held his hand out to Lindsay shaking hers, “Nice to meet you Lindsay, is my girl a good teacher?”

“Honestly one of the best I’ve ever had and I’m a lit major normally the teachers are real stuffed shirts.”

He chuckled, “I’m sure.” He said wrapping his arm around Alyssa as Lindsay moved to leave.

“It was really great to meet you Nick, take good care of each other and I’ll see you Alyssa tomorrow.”

“See you then.” She replied waiting for Lindsay to leave. Once she had she smiled and looked up at him. “So welcome to my classroom.”

He looked around seeing the good sized lecture hall with seats that had fold down desktops. “This is college eh?”

She grinned and kissed his cheek, “Yep.”

“You do realize you’re fulfilling all of my naughty teacher and working girl fantasies by watching you teach.”

She chuckled and broke away from him packing up her briefcase and grabbing her purse and laptop along with the briefcase. Nick took the laptop and the briefcase from her, “You like carrying my things don’t you?”

“You’re carrying my child the least I can do is carry your bags.”

“Let’s go find out for sure then.” She said as they walked out going to her car. She threw her bags into the trunk and Nick took her keys opening the passenger door for her to get in then ran around to driver’s side getting in. She grinned over at him as he turned on the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

The entire ride there Alyssa looked out the window, nervous but excited at the same time. That coupled with the nausea made her more than just a bit queasy. After arriving at the doctor’s office they got out and went up into the waiting room sitting down after she had signed in.

Nick looked around the room seeing another couple the woman had a very rounded stomach and the man she was with smiled at her and held her hand. Nick looked down so not to be caught staring, he hoped he could be like that for Alyssa and their baby.

Their baby… the thought alone made him smile.

He continued to look around the room seeing various women, some pregnant some not.

The door that led to the treatment rooms opened and a short blonde woman in scrubs appeared, “Alyssa? Dr. Petrarch will see you now.”

Nick and Alyssa stood up and walked into the room. “How’ve you been Alyssa?” The nurse asked.

“Good, mostly.”

“Is this the boyfriend?”

“Fiancé.”

“Oh how wonderful.” She remarked taking Alyssa’s temperature, weight and blood pressure. “So what are you here for today?”

“Pregnancy test.”

“Oh ok, let me draw some blood.” The nurse said as she tied a rubber band around Alyssa’s arm and drew a vile of blood. “The test if it comes out positive will be able to tell us exactly how far along you are. Since we have an in house phlebotomist it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to get the results.” She said placing a band aid over the tiny hole in Alyssa’s arm.


Alyssa groaned a little at the soreness in her arm and Nick looked away completely freaked out by the needle. “Don’t mind him he’s squeamish around needles.”

The nurse grinned and replied. “Okay you sit tight and she’ll be in shortly.”

“Thanks.” Alyssa said as she sat on the little patient bed and Nick took the chair next to it.

“You nervous?” He asked seeing her expression.

“A little, I just want to know.”

“I know, so do I.”

Just then Dr. Petrarch walked in with a grin on her face. “Hi Alyssa how are you today.”

“Good, little nauseous.”

“Well the test isn’t back yet, but I wanted to go over your symptoms with you to see if there are any irregularities.”

“That’s fine, this is my fiancé Nick.”

Dr. Petrarch smiled, “Ah so this is the potential father?”

“Yep.”

“Have you two been trying to get pregnant.”

“Actually no, I’ve been on the pill, but as soon as I suspected I was pregnant I went off of it.”

“Good idea, so tell me what’s going on.”

“Well, nausea for one, morning sickness that doesn’t own a clock, my chest is sore as hell.”

“Any swelling or lactation?”

“Swelling yes no on the other.”

“Have you started taking prenatal vitamins? Folic acid and such?”

“Yep as soon as I suspected.”

“Excellent, when was your last menstrual cycle?”

“Well over a month ago, I was stretching out my pills to make it come only every few months. And I should have started at least a week ago.”

Dr. Petrarch made some notes then looked up with a grin, “Nick have you noticed anything too?”

“What do you mean?”

She smiled at him, “Well this may sound a little crazy but men can sometimes tell their significant other is pregnant before they even do.”

Nick got a perplexed expression on his face, “How?”

Alyssa smirked at Nick as the doctor continued. She looked up at Alyssa, “Does he…?”

“Yeah he does.”

“What?”

“Well men who practice oral sex on their partners sometimes notice a difference in taste.”

“Oh…” Nick said his cheeks flushing a deep shade of crimson.

Dr. Petrarch smiled to herself and added. “Let me go check on those results and be right back.”

They both nodded as the doctor left.

“You do taste different by the way. I didn’t think anything of it…” Nick explained making Alyssa grin at him.

“She so embarrassed you didn’t she?”

“A little, it’s not something you talk about with a complete stranger, the fact that I…you know.”

“Go down on me? Puh-lease honey, it’s not that big of a deal, its normal adult behavior. Besides she’s the one who does my yearly exams she knows I’m sexually active, hello we may be pregnant, which means we have had sex.”

“I know just a little embarrassing.”

“Don’t be, she’s not going to be calling up the tabloids saying, ‘Nick Carter likes to go down on his fiancé.’” Alyssa said laughing.

“I know, I like her, just wasn’t expecting that you know?”

“I know. But yeah isn’t she great, seriously she’s delivered at least a thousand babies, so our kid is going to be in great hands.” She said with a smile.

“I’m glad, I wouldn’t want anything less for us.” He said taking her hand in his lacing their fingers just as Dr. Petrarch came walking back in.

“Well the test results came back.” She said sitting down.

“And?” Nick asked getting a hopeful expression on his face.

“Congratulations you’re pregnant.”

Nick stood up and kissed Alyssa’s temple as he hugged her. “How far along?” Alyssa asked.

“Five weeks, most don’t figure out they’re pregnant until their second or third month but you knew the symptoms.”

“So when are we due?” Nick asked.

“Well conception date was around the 17th of January, so 40 weeks later would be October 24th.”

“An October baby I like that.” Alyssa said with a wide grin.

“Yep, now I just need to take some of dad’s blood and another two viles of yours Alyssa, to do the genetic markers tests.”

“Genetic markers?”

“Yes based on your genes to see if there’s any possible diseases the baby may get before it’s born.”

“Oh…”

“It’s pretty standard and most people come out completely normal but it’s a precaution we take to ensure that the baby will be healthy.”

“Okay, as long as the baby is healthy that’s all that matters.” Nick replied with a slight grin.
Chapter 5: Guess What?! by Teri
Author's Notes:
OK So finally another update. My health is just been terrible lately with errosive esophagitis (yeah it's painful too yuck!) anyways hopefully i'll be getting better and much more stories to come. hopefully now i can get some work done on sexcapades so we can crank out a new chappy for ya'll. So a huge thank you to Mel and Crys for they're help on this chapter and for pretty much the rest of this story. Anyways as always read and review, and thank you so much for your patience guys!
Chapter Five: Guess What?!



Nick rolled his eyes a little, as Alyssa scurried around the kitchen trying to make sure everything was ready. “Shouldn’t you be slowing down in your state?”




Alyssa stopped and gave him a perplexed expression, “My…state??”




“Pregnant and all, shouldn’t you, you know take a break and slow down?”




“I don’t see you helping me so I can slow down.”




Nick sighed knowing full well anytime he’d try to help her she’d just yell at him and then do it herself. “Okay but you can’t get all hyper critical on me.”




“I promise, it’s just I’m having my first kid and we’re telling my family, so it’s a bit nerve wracking I just want everything to be perfect.”




Nick’s look softened as he walked over and wrapped his arms around her, “It will be stop worrying so much. You’re going to make our kid more neurotic than you are.”




“Funny Nickolas real funny…” Alyssa said rolling her eyes.




“It’s not like it’s going to be that bad you know they’ll react well.”




“I know, I’m actually worried about what your mother would say.” Alyssa replied.




Nick kissed her forehead, “We are not going to worry about that now, this is our time and we are NOT going to let her ruin that ok?”




Alyssa grinned, “You’re surprisingly mature Mr. Carter.”




He grinned back at her, “Just don’t call me that okay, sounds like my dad.”




“Well you are a father now, just your kid hasn’t gotten here yet.”




A few hours later…




“So Alyssa honey, how has work been?” Mary asked as she dished herself up some green beans.




Alyssa looked up and grinned, “Really good, so far this semester I’ve been really impressed by my students, but it’s still early on.”




Lori giggled as she poured wine while everyone busily filled their plates. When she reached for Alyssa’s glass she was stopped by her hand. “None for me thanks.” Alyssa said with a genuine smile.




Lori gave her an odd look it was practically ritual for a Monroe family dinner to have wine, the only time she didn’t was when she was pregnant but Alyssa wasn’t, was she? She shrugged off her suspicions and sat next to Clark and little Jamie. “Oh and Ali, you’ll be happy to know that your nephew recognizes you from a photo now.”




“You’re kidding?”




“Nope I was standing in the hall with him at home and he pointed a picture of you and said ‘Auntie’.”




Alyssa face beamed, “Smart boy!” She exclaimed, “Actually I have a couple of questions for you and mom.”




“What dear?” Mary said with a slight smile.




“Well I’m doing this research project with my students on how pregnancy is viewed in ancient literature. And well I was wondering if I could get yours and Lori’s experiences to draw in a modern take on pregnancy.” Alyssa explained as Nick smirked a little knowing there really was no research project at all but she was trying to break it to them slowly that there would be another grandbaby around.




“Fire away!” Lori stated eating a little here and there.




“Well when did you first realize that you were pregnant?”




“With which one of the three of you?” Mary countered.




“With Oli, she was the first born and all.”




Mary smiled, “I figured it out when I passed out during the last semester of med school, your father was worried sick, but elated that we were going to have a baby.”




Olivia smiled and chuckled, “I love that story.”




Mary chuckled and sighed, “Clark was planned, we wanted a son, and we got one, we’d been trying for months and then finally it worked out how we’d hoped. Then you Ali, you were the surprise. We’d just sold all the baby furniture and then Valentine’s Day came around and a month later we found out we were pregnant.”




“Wait a second you were conceived on Valentine’s Day?” Nick asked a little shocked.




“Yeah I thought you knew that?” Alyssa replied. “Anyways, how was the pregnancies, like were they hard?”




“Olivia’s was just because she was the first, you freak out over the littlest things when you’re first pregnant.”




“Oh yeah and the odd cravings will gross your man out.”




“Like what?”




Clark wrinkled his nose, “Tobasco on everything, even popcorn. It was nasty.”




“It was good damnit!” Lori defended herself.




Nick laughed a little at the exchange between the couple recognizing how much they were like him and Alyssa. “You two are so hilarious you realize this right?”




Lori rolled her eyes, “Just wait til this one gets pregnant and you’ll see.” She scoffed pointing at Alyssa.




Thinking aloud he shot back, “Believe me I already know.”




Alyssa’s eyes grew wide, “Nick! You weren’t supposed to say anything.”




“Wait, what?” Olivia got a perplexed expression on her face, “Don’t tell me you’re?”




Alyssa sighed, “I was trying to break it nicely, but oh no Mr. Blunt over here had to ruin that idea.”




Nick smiled innocently, “Sorry, you know I love you right?”




Mary smiled wide, “So you really are pregnant?”




“About 5 and a half weeks now, yeah.”




Clark shook his head and chuckled, “You had to knock up my baby sister didn’t you?”




“Hey now you’re gonna be an uncle.” Nick reasoned.




“Yeah I am sorry we didn’t wait until after we got married but we didn’t exactly plan this either.” Alyssa replied.




“I thought you were on the pill?”




“I was on the placebo week, and well yeah, guess it was the right time.”




“Well honey I’m happy for you as long as you both are happy.”




“Are you kidding me, Mary this is exactly what we needed right now, yeah we’re both busy but it makes us actually take time to take care of things with our relationship so in a way it’s a really good thing it’s happening now.”




“You seem awfully calm and pleased about this Nick.” Angela remarked.




“I’m just really happy with my life and how things are going right now.”




Later that night…




Alyssa relaxed against the pillows as she scribbled notes on a student’s rough draft on what they needed to improve on for the final copy.




Nick walked in from the bathroom running a towel through his fresh from the shower hair wearing a pair of boxers and a tee shirt. He saw her furiously writing and shaking her head and grinned at her. “Grading?”




“More like commenting on the rough drafts.”




He tossed his towel just inside the bathroom door and walked over to the bed sitting sideways on it just watching her smirking slightly.




She looked up raising her eyebrows a little as if to silently ask ‘what the hell are you staring at?’ She shook her head and flipped another page trying to make sense of one of her student’s reasoning.




His smirk grew a little larger as he kept watching her seeing how long it would take before she threw something at him for staring.




Alyssa sighed and set the papers aside and looked up, “What?”




He relaxed and turned to lay back against the pillows next to her. “Nothing just wanting to annoy you.”




Alyssa rolled her eyes and shoved his shoulder. “Assbag.”




He laughed at her comment, “It’s been years since you’ve called me that.”




“Well you haven’t been one to me for a while. I think the last time was when you surprised me with a certain blonde at the airport.”




He rolled his eyes and shook his head, “Yeah, yeah and I really deserved it at the time. I’m really glad I got past that.”




“Everyone makes mistakes, which leads me to my next topic. How are we going to tell your parents?”




He looked up at the ceiling thinking for a moment. “No idea, I really don’t want to bring my mom all the way out here just to say hey you’re going to be a grandmother.”




Alyssa grinned, “I know how you feel honey. I’m scared shitless what this is going to be like for the next 18 years.”




“I know but we’re a family now. No matter what we have something that ties us together forever.”




“What do you mean?”




He shrugged, “Well you never know where the future will take us, I know I want to be with you forever….”




“But?”




“We can’t know what will happen tomorrow let alone 10-15 years from now.”




“True, but do you think we’ll still be together?” She asked not liking the icy fingers of doubt that were creeping up her spine. She had doubts like these occasionally but she didn’t know he did too.




He saw the semi-frightened look on her face and then it hit him. He quickly ran over what he’d said in his mind and she was right to be scared it sounded as if he was getting cold feet about marrying her. “God I hope so, or else we did something completely wrong to fuck it up.” He said trying to reassure her.




“Don’t scare me like that. God Nick.” She scoffed.




“I’m sorry I didn’t realize it sounded like that.”




She sighed a little and cut her eyes over to him, “It’s bad enough that I…” She began but stopped herself.




“What?”




She looked away not wanting to let on that she was afraid of him cheating on her. Ever since the Brandon debacle of the year before she’d been fully expecting it to happen. “Nothing.”




He turned to her making her look at him. “Don’t shut me out, tell me.”




“It’s really nothing, just my own neurosies.”




He pulled her into a sensual kiss nibbling along her bottom lip making her sigh into the kiss. A moment later he broke it placing his hand on the back of her neck. “Did that help any?”




“Hmmm maybe, but I think maybe one more time just to make sure…” She replied with a cheeky grin.




He grinned back at her and pushed her back against the bed making her giggle at him.




Four days later…




“So are you scared?” Brian asked.




“A little, but it’s a good thing.”




“Fatherhood has a way of changing a man.” Brian explained. “Hell look and me or even Kevin now with them just finding out that she’s almost 4 months pregnant.”




“I heard, from Kev when I called to tell him the good news.”




AJ smiled at Nick, “So three kids now. Just means more kids to spoil!” He added.




“Don’t let Ali hear you say that she does not want to raise a trust fund baby.”




“What do you mean?”




“Well we’re going to set up a trust fund however, they’re not going to know about it until the time is right. Like what Ali’s parents did for her.”




“Smart idea.” Howie agreed. “Need any help with investing you know you can always ask me or Lee, she’s amazing with numbers.”




“You know I will.”




“So how’s the sex life been since conception?” AJ asked with one eyebrow arched.




“It’s been fine, we’ve been really busy so we try to make time for it but if it doesn’t happen everyday then it doesn’t happen.”



“Dude this is from the guy who once said that you MAKE time for it at least once a day.”




“Well with work and the show coming up it doesn’t happen as much as it use to be it doesn’t mean it’s any less good than it has been.”




Brian grinned a little, “Just be careful you and her are at a critical stage right now.”




Nick gave him an odd look, “Critical?”




“Yep, when Leigh and I were expecting Bay I always made it a point to make Leigh feel beautiful. Especially as she got farther along.”




“But why do that?” AJ asked curiously.




“Because with hormones raging like that women are prone to bouts of depression and seriously negative self image. The obstetrician actually took me aside and told me to keep her in good spirits that it helps make the pregnancy easier emotionally on the both of you.”




Nick nodded taking it all in, “Good to know. Is it true that pregnant women get I don’t know freakier than normal?”




Brian chuckled, “To an extent yes, but it’s more that they crave to feel sexy that being pregnant doesn’t mean that you’re not sexually attracted anymore.”




“Yeah I’m actually working on that with her. She’s always had body issues, not so much that she thinks she fat or anything just that she doesn’t seem to get why I think she’s beautiful. She knows she’s pretty but she thinks she’s completely plain.”




“With those eyes? She’s nuts.” Howie joked.




“I know tell me about it!”




Three days later…




Alyssa sighed as she looked around the clean house, her and Nick had spent the past week cleaning the entire palatial pad from stem to stern in preparation for the show to begin taping there that day. “Nick?” She semi-yelled calling him into the room.




“What’s up?” He asked walking in from the office.




“Everything’s ready for dinner tonight?”




“Yep, just go to work already Leslie’s getting in at 3, then everyone else will be here by 5 or 6 knowing Aaron.”




She grinned and gave him a kiss grabbing her laptop bag. “Okay I’ll be home by 4:30 if traffic’s not too bad. I’ll call as soon as I’m out of lecture.”




He smiled back and lead her to the door, “I’ll start on dinner when you’re on you’re way home so it’ll be ready when you walk in the door.”




“Sounds like a plan to me, oh and don’t tell them without me okay?”




“I promise I’ll hold off on the announcement ‘til you get here.”




“Okay, love you, have a good day with the meetings.”




“Love you too, good luck with lecture today.” He replied as she grinned gave him a quick kiss then walked to her car. Nick waved as she pulled out of the driveway then went back into the house just as the phone rang. “Hello?”




“Hey Nick, it’s Les.”




“Hey sis what’s up?”




“Nothing much just sitting at the airport in Toronto. How are you?”




Nick smiled into the phone, “Good, Ali just went to work.”




“How is she?”




“Good, can’t wait to see you.”




“Oh yeah, well there’s this one thing…”




Nick felt a little nervous what that one thing was. “And that would be?”




“Well Mike’s coming out with me, and…we’re engaged.”





Chapter 6: Privacy Is A Relative Term by Teri
Author's Notes:
Phew I finally got done with this chappy. Took me absolutely forever. I hope that this will end my crappy mood and writing. And since I'm entering my last semester of college it shouldn't be too bad of a wait for the next chappie. As always R&R!
Chapter Six: Privacy Is A ‘Relative’ Term




*******************************

Nick Narrating:




Life has been a little insane lately. With the new album the four of us have been working on. The show starting tonight. And to top it off the fact that not only are we engaged that we’re having a baby too? It’s pretty much the icing on the cake.




Alyssa’s excited, she’s wanted to be a mom for a while now and I think she’s more excited that we’re having a baby together. I know her and Collin had talked about having kids one day when they were dating in high school. And to be honest if he were still alive, they would have gotten married and had kids right out of high school.




So honestly as horrible as this sounds, I’m kind of glad he’s not around anymore. I mean yeah he was an amazing person and treated her so well. But would she have been able to go to college like she did? Travel with me? Move out to LA?




I highly doubt that she would have been able to.




I guess fate has a crazy way of making things work the way they should. It’s sad that such a good person had to lose his life for her to see that high school romance isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.




Even moreso now than anything it’s important that her and I are together, after everything we’ve been through? It’s tough right now trying to find time for each other, between doctor visits, morning sickness, work, family. For example not only am I recording, starring in another season of a reality show, but also I’m working on a movie with a few friends. Not to mention that Ali has work, her students, and her hormones to deal with. Which are a bit unpredictable I might add.




Not only will she get mad for no apparent reason but she cried at a freakin’ Downy commercial. You know one of the ones with that damn teddy bear? Yeah THAT one. I come home and she’s crying I’m like oh fuck what did I do now?



But at least it was nothing I did.




It’s weird how she’ll run hot and cold. Like one minute she’s like let’s fuck and the next she’s like I just want to be left alone. Confusing as all hell.




I mean granted I kinda understand her. A lot of times I’ll want to be close to her, just have her lay with me or just laze about the house with her in my arms but I won’t ask for that. I know she’d have no problem with it but still I guess I’m kind of afraid it’ll make me seem less like a man in her eyes or something. So instead we have sex, even though it may not be what I want it’s a good excuse to get her close to me without saying “baby hold me” which is such a chick thing to say.




I’m sure she’d be delighted by that and probably would end up screwing around anyways. But sometimes I don’t know maybe I’d like to be left wanting more?




Crazy I know, I have a beautiful woman who loves me and I don’t always want to be satisfied? I’m an idiot I swear.




End Narration.

********************************




Nick walked through the door from the garage with Leslie and Mike not far behind. He’d picked them up from the airport so they wouldn’t have to pay for a cab.




Alyssa walked into the kitchen at that moment and grinned giving Nick a kiss and then going over to Leslie, “Hey sweetie how’ve you been?” She said warmly giving Leslie a hug.




Leslie grinned and sighed a little the drive to the house from the airport had been a bit intense. With Nick not really speaking much at all. “What’s wrong with Nick?” Leslie asked quietly.




Alyssa rolled her eyes and broke the hug, “He’s just butt hurt that Mike didn’t ask his permission first before proposing.”




Mike sighed, “I asked Bob though. Does that count for anything?”




Nick stopped and turned, “It does, but would have been nice to know my little sis was going to be asked.”




“Like you asked for permission to marry Ali?”




“He did actually, asked, Clark, my parents, my aunt and uncle and my grandmother.”




“Holy shit Nick!”




“What her family is everything to her, and I wanted to make sure they were all behind us because if they weren’t, if anyone had any doubts then she would have said no!”




Alyssa laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist, “Family does mean everything but I still would have said yes you bloke.”





Nick smiled and kissed her temple making her smile up at him.




“Ugh, Mike please tell me we’re not like that?”




Mike laughed at the display and said, “Nah we’re not old.”




Both Nick and Alyssa’s eyes widened, “You will be some day!”




“Yeah but you’ll be there way before us!” Leslie shot back.




Alyssa smirked, “Well then I think I may just have a few home videos for Mike here to watch circa 1996.”




“You wouldn’t dare!”




“Oh I would.”




“Videos?” Mike asked.




Nick shook his head, “From when they were younger, and much MUCH dorkier.”




Mike’s eyes lit up at the prospect of incriminating video of Leslie as a kid. “Where are they?”




“Ali no do not please I beg you!”



“I’ll show you later Mike, they’re really not that bad she’s just embarrassed by them.”




“Why?”




“Because I was such a geek!”




“So was I!” Alyssa defended. “And Nick’s seen my ballet recitals with Olivia.”




Leslie stopped and cocked her head to the side getting a sly grin. “You did ballet? Like pink leotards, tights and tu-tus?”




“Yeah I did until I was about 15 just taking classes mostly for fun and to help keep my legs strong for soccer. And I wore black with white tights I refused to wear pink.”




“And the dancer flexibility has done nothing for your sex life?”



“Oh ha ha Les.”




“You love me!”




“I do which is why you and Mike are going to take my old room. That is as long as you don’t mind sharing a bathroom with us?”




“That huge master bath that has a tub AND a shower?”




“Yep that’s the one.”




“Sweet.” Mike added.




“We figured you’d want a little privacy and so I figured it’d be the easiest way so you can lock yourself away in a nice space to just write or whatever.”




Leslie grinned and gave Alyssa a hug. “I’m so glad you’re going to be my sister!”




Just then the doorbell rang and Nick rolled his eyes figuring it was the rest of the calvary. He looked out the window seeing Aaron, Kaci, Bj, Emma, and Angel with Jada and what looked like a brand new teacup Chihuahua.




He opened the door, “What do you guys want?”




Angel cracked a grin and rolled her eyes, “Let us in whore!” She chided at him making him laugh and fling the door open.




Emma stopped before going in, “Hi again, I was just dropping Bobbie off we just got an apartment after her and Wes broke up again.”




Nick grinned at her, “No problem, why don’t you join us for dinner?”




“No I shouldn’t it’s a family thing for you guys.” She explained just as Alyssa came walking up




“Emma hey I’m glad you stopped by, come on in.” She said with a warm grin.




Emma shook her head, “No I wouldn’t want to impose or anything. Besides I have a date tonight.”




“Oh well then have fun on your date, and you totally owe me now. You have to come over for dinner sometime soon okay?” Alyssa replied.




“Thank you Alyssa you’re just as sweet as Bobbie says you are.”




Alyssa grinned, “Nick will you walk her to her car while I get dinner finished?”





‘Yeah sure thing.” He said not entirely sure he wanted to be really anywhere near Emma. It wasn’t that she wasn’t sweet or even a good person. It was the mere fact that he was attracted to her is what made him nervous. He shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked her down the drive way to her car keeping his distance. She opened her door and turned just as he put a hand on the corner of the open door.




“Thank you again for the invitation it was very kind of you.”




“Well it’s sort of a celebration tonight.”




Emma got a perplexed expression, “Really for what?” She asked curiously.





“Don’t tell Bobbie until later but we’re announcing that we’re pregnant.”




Emma’s eyes widened and her eyebrows raised. “Congratulations how far is she?”




“Six and a half weeks.”




“Are you happy?”




“Deliriously so.” He said confidently.




She smiled wide at him, “Well if you need anything like advice and stuff call me and we’ll hang out sometime.”




He grinned, “I will, thanks again for dropping off Bobbie.”




“Welcome anytime.” She said with a slight grin getting into her car. He shut the door for her and watched her pull out of the drive waving a little before going back into the house.




A few hours later…




Alyssa laughed as they all sat out on the back deck having just finished dinner. She relaxed back into her chair placing her hands across her stomach smiling to herself at how much the family had grown up in just the past few months.




Nick glanced over at her and leaned in whispering, “So you think now’s a good time?”




“Yep.” She nodded in agreement.




“Everyone…” Nick said attempting to silence the din of the family.




After a moment everyone calmed down and looked and Nick and Alyssa as he laced their fingers. “We sort of have something to tell you.”




Everyone looked at them with suspicion in their eyes as to what exactly they could be needing to say. Leslie, ever the smart-alec interjected. “You’re pregnant and waiting on the wedding until the little one gets here?”




Alyssa and Nick’s eyes grew wide at Leslie hitting it so squarely on the nose. “Well yeah actually.”




Leslie got a shocked look on her face, “Wait I got that right?”




“Oh…my…god…” Angel began getting a huge grin on her face.




Bobbie smiled, “Another Carter kid?”




Nick beamed, “Yep, ‘fraid so.”




“This is so cool we’re gonna have a baby to spoil!” Angel grinned back.




Alyssa’s grin faltered slightly at Angel’s statement, “Hopefully not too spoiled, I mean come on I do want our kid to be normal to some extent.”




Aaron chuckled, “Yeah and with three aunts and one uncle just on Nick’s side I don’t think this kid is going to want for anything.”




Nick sighed, “Yes but we don’t want a priviledged brat running around either, I expect at least to teach the kid some humility.”




“Let em watch the old backstreet videos from when you were like what 12? That’ll teach ‘em humility.”




“No I think the correct term Aaron is humiliation on that one, those were pretty lame.”




Nick got a shocked expression on his face and mocked a hurt look on his face. A second later he broke the expression in favor of a sly grin. “Okay they were beyond lame, but it was cool back then.” He defended. “Besides at least my band had a better name! What the fuck about TKO? Total Knockouts? A little conceited aren’t we?” Nick shot back.




“Hey! Dude what the hell?” Angel retorted getting a shocked look as everyone else erupted in laughter.




Alyssa bit her lip trying to hold back her laughter. “What you can dish it out but can’t take it? Angel don’t get offended you’re the one who brought up the humiliation thing about being in a pop band.”




Nick glanced at Alyssa smiling in appreciation for defending him and his comments.




Alyssa grinned back and squeezed his hand letting him know that she had him covered.




Late that night…




Alyssa walked in from the bathroom happy they’d already bid the cameras good night, unless of course something happened between then and when they’d be back in th morning. “It’s really weird having a camera watch me do the dishes with you.”




“Yeah it is, or just watch us sit on the couch reading or watching TV.”




She grinned and stood between his knees that dangled off the bed on which he sat. He looked up at her and sighed closing his eyes. In response she wrapped her hands around his shoulders and attempted to massage some of the tension away. “Damn honey you carry all your stress in your shoulders.”




He sighed and relaxed his shoulders. “Just stress with getting everyone settled and then work has been hell lately.”




She made him look up at her, “But you love recording almost as much as you love touring.”




“Yeah I know just everything right now is a lot to take.”




“I understand, but hey at least you guys are still a band. Though not the same but maybe it’s a good idea to give you four some new perspective on music.” She said with a reassuring tone in her voice.




He breathed slowly and sighed, “Yeah and I’m thankful for that at least, it’s just weird sometimes.”




She made him look at her and she grinned, “Everything’s weird at first, but then you get used to it. Remember when we started out, it was a little awkward.”




“Well yeah, it was but I think it was worth the little bit of awkwardness at the beginning to be where we are now.”




She grinned wider and pressed her lips to his briefly. “I completely agree.”




In response he pulled her to sit across his lap making her squeal. He put his hand underneath her knees tickling her lightly making her squirm and giggle. “You have the most infectious laugh I swear.” He remarked chuckling with her.




She leaned in and kissed him softly, she broke the kiss and pressed her forehead to his, “Love me?” She asked with a grin.




He grinned back and pushed her back onto the bed trailing his hand up the outside of her thigh to her hip holding her underneath him. He looked down at her seeing her smiling up at him, “Always…” He replied leaning to kiss her as her arms wrapped around him bringing him to rest his full weight against her. She sighed and moved her hands from his shoulders to his lower back sliding underneath his shirt letting her fingertips lightly graze over his back. He shivered slightly from her touch and moved his kisses to her neck.




She lifted her head up to graze her lips across his collarbone making him sigh into her neck. Simultaneously she shifted her hips beneath his which made him breathe sharply as she settled herself to wrap her legs around his hips but instead simply bent her knees and planted her feet flat on the bed. Slowly he moved his hand to the hem of her tee-shirt as he moved his kisses back to her mouth. She smirked into the kiss as he began to slowly gather the thin material of her top exposing her stomach. Just as he slipped his hand underneath the fabric there was a light rapping at their bedroom door. They both froze momentarily and glanced to the door where the noise happened again. Nick sighed and rolled his eyes.




Alyssa got an annoyed look on her face as he moved off of her. “So it begins….”




“What?” Nick whispered lightly putting on a pair of sweats.




“The whole no privacy thing… it’s already started.”




He leaned over and kissed her lightly, “I’m sure it’s nothing.” He said going over to the door opening it seeing Mike there. “Hey Mike what’s up?”




“Can I talk to you…ya know in private?”




Nick sighed, “Uh yeah sure gimme a second…”




Alyssa crossed her arms in front of her chest making sure to have an impressive pout on her face.




Nick turned and saw her face and sighed, “Mike wants to talk probably needs advice or something.”




She crossed her legs letting them dangle off the bed a clear indication she was pissed off.




“Aw baby come on don’t be mad.” He said placing his hands on her shoulders getting no response he left her be knowing he’d have to smooth things over later anyways.




After he left the room she fell back against the bed grabbing a pillow and pressing it to her face and screaming into it in frustration. A moment later she tossed the pillow to the side and stared up at the ceiling, “Talk about coitus interruptus…” She said to no one in particular.




Meanwhile…




Nick and Mike sat out on the patio, “I just wanted to apologize…” Mike began looking over at Nick.




“For not getting my consent to marry my sister?”




Mike sighed, “Yeah man, I’m sorry about that, I just wanted to ask her so badly and…”




Nick held his hand up stopping him, “You love her right?”




“Absolutely.”




“Then I don’t need to know anything else. She’s happy with you Mike, just treat her well.”




He grinned and nodded. “Will do…by the way was I interrupting anything?”




Nick chuckled, “Yeah and she’s mad because she’s less than patient.”




“Oh…sorry man…”




Nick shook his head, “It’s okay I’ll make it up to her in the morning.”




Later that night…




Nick yawned as he quietly slipped back into their bedroom. He looked at her sleeping form seeing her in an ankle length navy blue silk night gown with a lace bodice to it. Gently as he could he slipped off his sweats and climbed into bed wrapping an arm around her waist pulling her close then grabbed some sheets pulling them up covering them both.




Alyssa snuggled up close to him but stirred and pulled back. “Oh…you decided to come back…” She said with her voice hoarse and full of sleep.




“Ali come on… he was apologizing what could I say, come back later I’m fucking my fiancé?”




“Well that could have worked. It’s just I wanted a romantic moment with you and now we’re both too tired to.”




His expression softened and he kissed her forehead. “Sleep now and I’ll make it up to you in the morning.”




“Promise?”




“I swear…” He said with a grin as she settled herself against him getting comfortable once again to go back to sleep.
Chapter 7: Tabloid Fodder by Teri
Author's Notes:
wow an update! The story is really progressing nicely and things are going to be getting interesting from this chapter on...so as always R&R!!! Thanks everyone!
Chapter Seven: Tabloid Fodder




Nick awoke early that morning hearing what sounded like a large crash from the kitchen. He rolled his eyes figuring it was either Bobbie or the dogs chasing each other again. He glanced in front of himself seeing Alyssa still very much asleep laying on her back, her dark hair splayed out on her pillow and a peaceful expression gracing her features. He moved in a little closer and lightly caressed her bare shoulder.




He froze momentarily as Alyssa shifted in her sleep. He watched slowly as her body stilled and she let out a slight breathy moan. Feeling bolder and wanting to really make up for the night before he started slow trailing his fingertips down her bare arm to her hand bringing up her hand to kiss the inside of her palm. Seeing a slight smirk grace her face he grinned and let go of her hand letting his hand linger at her ribs momentarily before slipping down the slope of her hips as his hand found the sliver of skin on her leg that escaped through the slit of the night gown. Nick slid his hand underneath the blue silk pushing as much as the fabric would allow to the side as he slowly guided his hand to her inner thigh letting the tips of his fingers graze across her. At that moment her eyes flew open. She’d already been half awake to begin with and his movements and only awoken her faster.




Alyssa gave him a lazy smirk and asked, “Just what do you think you’re doing?”




He grinned back and kissed her shoulder, “Making up for last night….”




“Oh really?”




He moved his kisses over her shoulder to her collarbone sucking slightly on her skin. “Yes really.”




She shut her eyes momentarily just enjoying the feeling of his lips skimming across the hollow of her throat. He nibbled and nipped here and there eliciting a slight groan from her as she shifted beneath him trying in vain to get closer. “Nickolas…” She sighed as she began to get restless.




“Patience is a virtue…” He countered getting an annoyed stare.




Alyssa huffed as he kissed and sucked along the lacy edge of her night gown. Getting a mischevious idea she wrapped her arms around him pulling him half on top of her and lifted up his shirt tossing it aside. Feeling his fingers on her again just as he took down her the bodice of her night gown. She arched her back and ground her hips slightly against his hand trying to get more than just a feathery light touch. Feeling a tad bit frustrated at his teasing touches she pushed him off of her and rolled him onto his back and lifted her night gown up and off of herself. “So is fucking your girl when she wants it damnit.” She retorted back as she reached for his boxers.




Just as she did so he leaned up and grasped her shoulders and pinned them against the bed. “Nuh, uh…I think it’s about damn time I had the control for once.”




Her green eyes lightened another shade as he laid himself on top of her kissing along her jaw, down her neck, everywhere conceivable but her mouth. He grinned at the frustrated sigh she made and slipped off his boxers settling himself against her. She grinned up at him bringing her knees up allowing him to enter her as he leaned down claiming her mouth.




As he began to move against her she broke the kiss momentarily to breathe. She absolutely loved it when he was like this, completely in control solely doing so to make them both feel good.




They stayed like that for mere moments when he pushed himself away and pulled her to her knees. She grinned knowing exactly what he wanted as she turned herself to place her back at his chest.




Smirking to himself he bent them both over and thrust inside her making her reach back to grip the hand that held firmly onto her hip. With his free hand he went to her face using his fingertips to push her jaw gently so that she could look slightly behind her and see his eyes. He brought his lips just within inches of hers but instead of kissing her he just watched her eyes as they moved together.




She gasped and let out a low breathy groan feeling her arms and legs beginning to shake involuntarily. Feeling this as well he pushed back and pulled her ontop of him as they laid back onto the bed. She got the hint and straddled his hips sinking down onto him closing her eyes and biting her lower lip. Alyssa looked down slightly watching him watch her expression, she rolled her hips making him close his eyes and growl rather loudly. She smirked to herself and let one hand linger lightly at his chest while the other went behind her anchoring to his thigh. She ground herself harder against him breathing heavily sighing at the rising feeling within her.




He moved his hands to her hips and guiding her as she brought them closer to the edge. He felt her grip weaken on him and he took the opportunity to roll her back over aligning their hips perfectly as he moved harder and more quickly against her. In response she cried out softly wrapping her legs around his waist lifting her knees higher to his ribs allowing him to slip deeper inside her. He pressed their foreheads together momentarily then leaned in to give her a teasing kiss.




She broke the kiss looking up into his eyes, “Nick…I…”




He shook his head and kissed her again only breaking it to say, “Shh…don’t think just feel.” He said as she dug her nails into his shoulder blades. He moved faster as they both trembled feeling their orgasms begin to wash over them. He slowed his movements laying against her kissing her collarbone as she sighed grinning lazily. He looked up seeing strands of hair matted to her browline, both of them completely sated and satisfied. “What?” He asked in response to her grin.




She sighed and grinned more, “Damn…” Was all she could think of to say at the moment.




He chuckled and kissed the top of her chest just below her collarbone in response.




An hour later…




Alyssa bounded down the stairs into the kitchen feeling happy and quite energetic that morning. Not only from her quite impressive wake up but from just generally being happy.




Leslie saw Alyssa and snickered. “Jesus Ali, you’re pregnant and you’re walking around with an ‘I got lucky’ smile.”




Alyssa chuckled and shook her head, “Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I’m dead, besides how do you think I got pregnant?”




“Ew…you had to screw my brother so we could have a niece or nephew.”




Nick walked in at that moment and laughed hard, “Well it’s no different than what I’m sure you and Mike do.” He countered.




“And that doesn’t bother you?” Alyssa asked. “You barely mention my name and sex around my brother he he swings fully into protection mode.”




“I have three sisters it’s more like they protect us which is odd.”




Alyssa put her arm around his waist and grinned at him, “It’s ok, Oli and I protected Clark too.”




Nick walked out of the room for a moment.




“So did you two really this morning? I know Mike interrupted last night, I wanted to apologize for that he and I had a fight.”




Alyssa held her hand up stopping her, “It’s fine I’m glad Mike feels comfortable enough to talk to Nick about it. And Nick more than made it up to me this morning.”




“That good eh?”




Alyssa smirked and arched an eyebrow looking away in response not really wanting to give away too much in front of the cameras.




“Nick you skank!” Leslie shouted making him come back into the room.




“What the…?”




“Nothing just girl talk.” Alyssa countered trying to deflect Leslie’s comment.




“Whatever….so you ready for this?” He asked holding the phone in one hand.




Alyssa nodded knowing it had to be done. He dialed and put the phone on speaker so Alyssa could hear the conversation as well.




“Hello?” Jane answered the phone.




“Hey mom, it’s Nick.”




“Oh honey how are you? You should really call more often! How’s Alyssa, and recording? Have you talked to your siblings?” She spout off.




“Mom, slow down, Alyssa’s great, recording’s good, the sibs are here at the house and umm I wanted to tell you something…”




Jane’s breathing stopped momentarily, “What is it sweetie?”




“Well…ummm….Ali and I are pregnant…you’re going to be a grandmother.”




The line went silent for a moment, “This isn’t one of your pranks is it Nick?”




“No mom, not a prank it’s for real we just found out a few days ago.”




She was silent then spoke again, “Is this why you’re engaged? Because having a baby is no reason to get married Nick.”




Nick closed his eyes and reigned in his anger, Alyssa remained silent scared of saying something. “No mom, only your generation gets married because they’re pregnant out of wed-lock.” He sniped back referring to the fact that his parents had done the same.




Alyssa moved her hand to his back rubbing gently trying her best to quell the indignation that dripped from his voice. She hated it when he got this way, so upset that there was nothing she could really do at this moment except to just let him know that she was there by his side.




Nick looked over at her and rolled her eyes in frustration.




“Nickolas Gene I am your mother…”




“Oh spare me the lecture…”




“So when’s the wedding, I’ll have to fly out immediately to help with the preparations.”




“No mom we’re waiting to get married…”





At that time Alyssa chose to interject, “Jane really it’s not like we planned for this to happen but well it did and we’d really like for you to be involved in our life as a family.”




“Really? And you didn’t just plan it to trap my son into a commitment?”




Alyssa sighed, “I’d like to think that you’d know me better than that Jane after all these years.”




Jane grew silent for a moment., “Well wedding or no, I thnk I should still come out there.”




“Sure mom, whatever you say, but I think it should wait a couple of months you know until Ali is farther along. Right now it’s just not a good idea with our schedules and all.”




“What’s so important in your schedules that you can’t spare sometime to spend with your own mother Nickolas…”




Nick rolled his eyes and sighed ‘Hmmm I don’t know maybe that I don’t want to deal with you?’ Nick thought silently to himself. “Because I’m getting ready for another album, Ali is teaching almost 40 students and coordinating 80 others.”




“Oh so you’d rather concentrate on your careers than spend time with your poor mother?”




Nick closed his eyes, “Mom, I’m really not in the mood for guilt trips so don’t try it. You know how my life is, you’re the one who wanted this life for me so don’t start complaining now about not being able to see me. You made your bed when you started pulling bullshit on me and Aaron now you have to lie in it.” He said sternly hanging up the phone.




“Well that went…well…” Alyssa remarked.




Nick took a deep breath, “Kill me if I turn out to be like her…”




“You won’t…” Aaron said firmly. “Bobbie’s already on her way to being her.”




Alyssa sighed, “Nick I understand you’re mad but she still is your mother.”




“She insulted you, calling you a golddigger.”




“And that makes her different than any fan calling me one?”




Aaron chuckled, “She does have a point…”




Nick shot him a glare, “But she’s going to be your mother-in-law aren’t you the least bit mad?”




“I’m more saddened by her behavior than anything. You’d think that being her age that she’d have some sense of maturity but it seems as if her children are more mature at this point.”




Nick grinned a little and kissed her temple, “See this is why I’m marrying you, you’re so level headed.”




“Not normally remember I am the one that doesn’t deal with loss easily.”




“Does anyone?” Aaron countered.




“Well no, but still Nick I know you wanna be mad at her but maybe we should try to mend things with her, she’s going to be a grandmother, and I’d like to have her at our wedding when we do have one. Considering only one of my parents can attend.”




“OOhh that’s a low blow there, making me feel bad because I still have both my parents.” Nick said giving her a look.




“I didn’t mean it like that, I just mean, it’s going to be our day, and I’d like her to be there.”




“Besides dude if she’s not invited then she’ll bitch at you for the rest of your life you know that right?”




“At least you told Dad already.” Aaron reminded, “He was happy for you.”




“Yeah but still he still asked the same question she did.”




“Well maybe they’re just being concerned that you may be rushing a little.”




“Do you think we’re rushing?”




“No, it’s been long overdue for us to settle down.”




He grinned a little and nodded.




Later that day…




“Nick!!! Ali!!!” Leslie shouted making everyone run into the room. “You’re on television!” She exclaimed making them roll their eyes.




“Only on The Insider, Nick Carter and fiancé Alyssa Monroe are expecting! A phone interview with the popstars mom Jane Carter reveals all tonight.”




“She didn’t?!” Alyssa stood there shocked.




Nick closed his eyes and shook his head. “I knew I should have let the fans know first before telling her. FUCK!” He yelled and stormed up stairs and slammed his bedroom door shut.




Alyssa jumped when the door slammed and she closed her eyes knowing the immense amount of damage control it was going to take to calm him down. She trudged up the stairs the cameras not far behind her. She walked into the bedroom and looked at Nick who was lying face down on the bed with his head resting on his arms. He saw her walk in and he rolled onto his back. She noticed how the room wasn’t demolished as she would have expected. She walked over and and sat on the bed next to him. Alyssa relaxed and laid her head on his chest laying on her side and just listened to his heart beat as they laid in silence.
Chapter 8: Life's A Beach by Teri
Author's Notes:
hehe yay and update! So the fighting begins! Stay tuned for more drama hehe and as always r&r!!!
Chapter Eight: Life’s A Beach

Alyssa’s back arched off the bed and moaned in relief as his tongue fluttered across her most sensitive area. Her entire body began to shake as her release washed over her making Nick kiss his way back up her body. And smirked down at her. “You’re evil.” She sighed as he laid down beside her.




“You just love that I woke you up like that.”




Alyssa laid back against the pillows and grinned, “Hmm waking up to my fiancé going down on me? Hell yeah better than those stupid Folgers commercials.”




“As long as you don’t say you love the smell of fresh orgasm in the morning and we’re all good.” He said with a snarky grin. She rolled her eyes and smacked him with a pillow.




“No you’d say something like that.” She replied getting up completely naked and began to get dressed a little. She huffed a little as she slipped on her jeans trying to pull them closed. “Son of a bitch…”




“What baby?”




“I don’t fit in my jeans anymore!” She exclaimed taking them off. He rolled over and caught her leg pulling her to him. She gave him a look as he kissed her stomach.




“You’re not fat, don’t even start.” He said looking up at her.




She crumbled against the bed, the constant changes in her body were driving her nuts. “My jeans don’t fit, my breasts are so sore and swollen as all hell. It won’t be long before I’m really showing and my feet will be swollen and I’m already not feeling sexy anymore…” She rambled.




He pushed her back down on the bed and laid himself at her side. He kissed slowly along her collarbone and looked up at her, “You’re still sexy to me. Come on so you’ve gained a little weight…big whoop you’re supposed to and the fact that certain parts are bigger than they were is kind of a turn on.”




Alyssa sighed figuring that he was right, it wasn’t like she gained 40 pounds over night, maybe 3 or 4 if that. “So I’m still sexy eh?”




He grinned and laid back on the bed nodding. “Hell yeah, if you weren’t still the Alyssa I know and love, I wouldn’t have given you such a good wake up, now wouldn’t I?”




“Ah so it’s all about the sex huh?”




He laughed and kissed her lightly, “Well you’re the one who gives the best head I’ve ever had. I just had to keep you.”




“The best huh? That’s saying something since baby your cock has seen quite a bit of action in it’s day.” She retorted trailing her hand down his stomach lightly tracing a line along from his hipbone.




“Yeah but you’re better. They all kinda sucked…” He said not even realizing what he had said.




Alyssa broke out in laughter as she removed the thin sheet away from his lower half. “Isn’t that what they’re supposed to do… you know suck…or maybe I’m doing it wrong…”




“You’ve never done it wrong.” He replied smirked as she slowly dipped her head to his chest kissing down the middle to his belly button. She glanced up and smirked at him.




She watched him momentarily as she trailed her lips down his happy trail noticing how he was clenching his fists with the sheets in his hands. She raised up momentarily. “Relax baby…it’s just lil’ ole me.” She said in an almost whisper that made her voice sound about two octaves lower than normal. That was precisely why he was tensing up. Anytime they would do anything like this, it was the anticipation that nearly killed him. Alyssa licked her lips and smirked a little making him groan and grab a pillow in case he needed to scream which based on her track record that was a veritable certainty. She began slowly lightly trailing her tongue across him then blowing air lightly over the area making him shiver and moan. Feeling anxious he wove his fingers into her hair trying to not so obviously push her head down.




She chuckled at the move making him groan at the excess air her laugh caused to be breathed onto his exposed skin. No longer wanting to prolong his anticipation she took him into her mouth swirling her tongue around him as she began to move up and down along his shaft making him cry out slightly from the immense pleasure. Alyssa felt his body begin to tense knowing he wouldn’t last too much longer. She used her hand to go to his thigh and scratch down his leg lightly making him shiver and arch his back. She moved her mouth faster taking him in just that much more deeply making the muscles in his legs and stomach tremble as his body tensed. Moments later he felt his release come on strong and he moaned rather loudly not really caring who he woke up anymore.




Alyssa smirked as she kissed her way back up his body and laid against him. “Goddamn woman….you’re going to be the death of me.” He remarked making her giggle at him.




Later that day…




Nick laughed a little as they walked through the lingerie section of Fred Segal. “Okay why do they have pregnancy lingerie?” He asked with an absurd grin holding up a nightie that had extra space in the mid section.




Alyssa rolled her eyes and took it out of his hands and put it back. “To make us pregnant women feel sexy.”




“Yeah and having a man whose ready and willing whenever you are doesn’t make you feel sexy?”




Alyssa giggled and leaned up giving him a kiss. “That’s only because I have an awesome fiancé who will say anything to make me feel better.”




He gave her a look, “I’m not lying when I say I still think you’re sexy you know that right?” He looked around seeing a few things that made him laugh. He held up a pair of crotch less panties. “Crotch less? What the hell is the point?”




Alyssa busted out laughing and took them from him putting them back on the display. “Well I guess it saves time, but so does not wearing panties.”




“Exactly so why just not wear any?”




“I don’t know to make their man feel like he has a hard on of steel that he can break through a flimsy piece of silk and lace?” Alyssa postulated making Nick laugh.




“That’s pretty ridiculous.”




“You’re telling me, I personally would rather go commando…like I am now instead of wearing that piece of trash.” She whispered before walking over to another rack of clothes.




Nick gave her a look as she walked away and then shifted his eyes to her ass. He shook his head and laughed at himself. A moment later he heard commotion at the front door hearing photographers and seeing flashbulbs go off. He rolled his eyes and looked over seeing none other than Paris walk through the door. He walked over to Alyssa and put his arm around her waist and whispered, “So they’re letting in common trash now I see…”




Alyssa looked over her shoulder and giggled, “Maybe we should tell her that it’s half price on crotch less panties, seems it’d be straight up her alley.” She retorted making Nick snicker.



Three days later…




“I don’t see why I have to be at this meeting.” Alyssa persisted. She couldn’t understand why she, the ‘un-famous’ one of the family HAD to be a meeting with management and Juliette.




Juliette sighed and grinned at Alyssa. “Well since you’re apart of the show now, you need a publicist to control the size and type of publicity you receive.”




Alyssa sighed and sat back in the chair, “I wouldn’t be getting any publicity if someone would learn to keep her mouth shut.” She replied giving Nick a glance.




“Well we can’t control Jane, however we can spin this in our favor.” Juliette replied.




“How so?”




“First Nick is going to say how happy he is to be engaged and that the pregnancy was a wonderful surprise weeks later. And, then to promote the show I have a photo shoot for you and the girls.”




“A what? With what magazine?” Alyssa asked a bit fearful of what Juliette would say.




“Well with Maxim magazine. They’ve been asking us to do a shoot about the HOC girls. Including you Alyssa.”




Alyssa’s eyes grew wide and her back became rigid. “No way in hell am I posing in skimpy lingerie for the whole world to see. I could lose my job, my whole career because of that.”




“Actually I’ve already spoken with your superiors at UCLA and they seem to think it would be a great idea. Show that the English department aren’t all just a bunch of stuffed shirts is what Helen said.”




Alyssa’s breathing became shallow, “You went behind my back to my boss?! Nick, tell her no I can’t do this not just professionally but morally.”




“Morally?” Angel asked. “Come on it’s not like it’s Hustler or Penthouse. It’s just Maxim if you stipulate that you want to wear a certain amount of clothes they might let you.”




“Baby it’s nothing different than when we’re at home, it’s not like they’re asking you to be naked or do porn.” Nick reasoned trying to make light of the situation.




Alyssa’s eyes narrowed at him, “And you’re okay with this? Me, your fiancé, woman whose carrying your child to be exploited in a magazine so guys all around the world can beat off to it? I don’t mean to sound conceited but that’s what those magazines are for. Yeah I read them but Jesus I never thought I’d be posing in one!”




“Hey it’s not like you’ll be alone…”




“Actually they wanted to do at least a full page spread if not more on each of you girls and an interview to boot.”




“Why now? Don’t they know I’m pregnant?”




“They do and they figured if they get it out before you start to show then it won’t be caught by any of the male audience.”




Alyssa stood up feeling sick to her stomach. “I’m sorry I need some air…”




“Sleep on it Alyssa really it could help the show.” Juliette said as Alyssa practically ran out of the room.




Nick ran after her apologizing to Juliette, “Ali wait up!” He shouted as she got into his truck. He got in the driver’s side and looked at her. “You don’t have to do it you know.”




“Just take me home.” She replied gruffly.




A little later they arrived back home and Alyssa went storming into the house. “Ali, come on it’s not like it’s going to be bad.”




Alyssa stopped and turned. “Not bad? I don’t want men seeing me as some sex object. I didn’t work so hard all the way through school for them to see me like that!” She screamed going into the game room leaning on the pool table trying to reign in her anger.




“Whether you do it or not men will still see you as a sex object Alyssa, not all of us can see past a good looking girl and see how smart she is.”




“That’s not the point I don’t want to be exploited and paraded around as one! I don’t want to be famous Nick, how many times do I…”




He rolled his eyes and interjected, “I think it’s a little late for that one. For god fucking sakes you’re on a reality show now. And HELLO you’re marrying me!”




“Well I didn’t think marrying you of all people in the world would make me famous thank you very much.”




Nick’s eyes blazed at her in anger. “What the fuck Ali!? You know better than anyone the bullshit I’ve had to put up with because of my career.”




“Oh really, I don’t see any of the OTHERS having the same problems. No Nick it’s not your career its your fucking decisions that throw us in the fucking headlines all the time.”




“My decisions? What about yours? I’m not the one who decided to fuck around with some stupid actor. You brought that attention on yourself!”




At that moment Alyssa hauled off and slapped him. “Do NOT blame me for last year, I’m not the one who fought with him. What happened between Brandon and I was a mistake and you know it!” She exclaimed as she pushed passed him and walked out of the game room. Royally pissed off Nick turned on his heel and went after her. She was already going up the stairs.




“We’re not done with this… Alyssa don’t you dare walk away from me.” He said sternly.




Alyssa turned around and grabbed her shoe flinging it at him. “You’re a real asshole Nick…” She shouted back she couldn’t believe how he couldn’t even understand why she didn’t want that much exposure. In retaliation Nick ran up to her and threw her body against the wall pinning her to it with his own. She stared at him both of them out of breath from screaming at each other. “What…what are you going to do hit me? Do it, I dare you…” She retorted in defiance her green eyes blazing.




At that exact moment all of his anger dissipated as he looked at her, eyes bright with anger, mouth hanging open in shock and her chest rising and falling rapidly. Suddenly he didn’t feel like yelling anymore, at the present moment all he could think about was how much he wanted her; so much so that he pressed his mouth to hers kissing her feverishly. Alyssa tried to move to push him away getting a little away from the wall but he only slammed them back against wall pinning her against it by pressing his body into hers even more so than before. Slowly her body gave in and she weaved her fingers into his hair holding on to him loving how aggressive he was being with her. He moved his mouth to her neck sucking on her pulse point making her moan and bite her lip. He pulled back and smirked, “Knew I’d be able to end this by kissing you.” He remarked.




Alyssa’s eyes blazed again and shoved him away knocking him down a little. She began walking back up the stairs even more angry that he had the audacity to try to manipulate her into forgetting about the fight. He grabbed her ankle making her trip and brace herself against the stairs scraping her knee. She turned and kicked him in the shoulder hard as he came up and laid himself on top of her again. He kissed her again and she felt her body shudder and every nerve ending hum from the contact. Getting impatient he unbuttoned her jeans and slipped his hand inside not all too surprised to find nothing but skin underneath the denim. He searched out her center and inserted two fingers into her making her cry out in pleasure and grind herself into his hand. In retaliation she grasped his erection through his jeans making him growl and lay her back onto the stairs.




At the present moment she didn’t care how much her back hurt from laying on the stairs she just wanted him. She lifted up and took her jeans off her hips leaving them at her ankles as he did the same. She unbuttoned her shirt revealing her deep lavender lace and silk bra. “God I love it when you wear stuff like that…” He muttered before moving his mouth to her chest as he thrust hard inside her making her arch her back and cry out from the mix of pleasure and pain. Momentarily she pushed him back and ripped open his white button down shirt wanting to feel his skin against hers as he moved against her making moan louder. Alyssa moved her hands to his back and dug her fingers into his shoulders and scraped them down his back making him throw his head back and yelp/growl at her which only made him move harder and faster as she lifted her hips meeting his pace.




“Oh God…” Alyssa screamed throwing her head back as her release over took her body. Nick followed moments later biting rather roughly on her shoulder then collapsed to her side. They laid uncomfortably on the stairs for a moment then both sat up pulling their half mangled clothes back on. “Fuck…that…was…”




“You’re telling me…” He finished for her running his hands through his hair and looked over at her as she held her shirt together with one hand.




Alyssa sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. “I’m sorry for slapping you.”




“It’s okay, I’m sorry for bringing up Brandon.” He answered back giving her a kiss. “I have to admit though…”




“What?”




“That was amazing…”




“Maybe we should fight more often if it means we’re going to have this be the end result.” Alyssa added joking and then grimaced. “Oww, my back hurts.” Alyssa complained slightly.




“Yeah so does mine, it stings more from fingernails…”




Alyssa wrinkled her nose, “Sorry, heat of the moment…”




“No don’t apologize I loved every second of it.”




“I’m sorry for blowing up about the magazine…it’s not a completely horrible idea…”




“You’d be willing to?”




“Only if my bosses think it’s a good idea, if not then no way.”




“It would help the show out I know that. But if you’re not comfortable don’t do it.”




“Thanks baby…” She said giving him a kiss… “Why don’t we go take a shower together?” She asked with a smirk.




“Together eh? You won’t mind if we…” He began knowing how she would sometimes complain that when they’d take a shower together they’d end up messing around instead of getting clean.




She leaned in smiling, “Actually I’m counting on it…”
Chapter 9: Girls' Day Out by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone it's Teri here hehe, Anyways here's Chapter 9 of AS. It's gonna get pretty damn interesting as time goes on so please stay tuned, lots of drama and lots of action! Reviews leave me mucho inspired so if you read i'd be ever so grateful if you left your thoughts! even if you didn't like it let me know okay? All I ask is if you don't like it to be kind about it. Okay guys have at it!

Chapter Nine: Girl’s Day Out

 

 

 

“Jesus Ali what happened to your back?!” Kellie remarked seeing Alyssa’s back as they changed at the spa into their robes.

 

 

 

“And your arms?” Lori added a little concerned.

 

 

 

Alyssa sighed, “Nick and I had a fight…”

 

 

 

“Oh my God did he hit you?”

 

 

 

“I’ll kill him!”

 

 

 

Alyssa laughed at the protectiveness in their tone and how they immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion. “No these are from the makeup sex on the stairs.”

 

 

 

“On the stairs?”

 

 

 

“Yeah, and oh God, I get goosebumps from just thinking about it.” Alyssa replied shivering a little. “His eyes and how forceful he was, and I don’t think I’ve ever come that hard before.” She explained as Kellie and Lori got very amused looks on their faces. “What don’t tell me you don’t love makeup sex.”

 

 

 

“Well we do just, you really like it.”

 

 

 

“Sorry I really like him being forceful and in control it’s such a turn-on.”

 

 

 

“Its totally normal honey, it’s the pregnancy hormones it heightens sexual feelings that were there before but were less intense.” Lori explained. “When I was pregnant with Jamie, I don’t know how many times I had Clark dominate me…it’s natural.”

 

 

 

“Natural? Mean yeah maybe if those feelings are already there but for them to come out of nowhere?” Kellie scoffed.

 

 

 

Alyssa giggled as they all propped themselves up in chairs ready to get manicures and pedicures. “Well I’ve always liked it when he’s forceful with me, the way he looks at me when he tells me what to do…God so sexy. I mean come on Kel has Alex done that with you.”

 

 

 

Kellie smirked, “He’s actually quite romantic, a bit on the submissive side but a real sweetheart in the bedroom.”

 

 

 

“Like what he says cutesy things like ‘oh my gosh you feel so nice’?” Alyssa mocked giggling.

 

 

 

Kellie laughed hard, “No! He’s just very generous and good lord he’s got the most amazing hands.” She gushed making Lori and Alyssa grin.

 

 

 

“I’m glad you’re happy with him, you went through a lot with my lil bro.” Alyssa remarked.

 

 

 

Kellie sighed, “I know, Aaron is well just well he’s really happy with Kaci now and I’m really happy with Alex.”

 

 

 

Lori giggled a little, “Weird to hear him called Alex ya know, since we’ve known him so well as AJ.”

 

 

 

Alyssa snickered, “He’s a good guy, Alex that is, AJ’s a little different it’s almost a dual personality in a way. Like it’s the same guy just a little more confident. It’s the same with Nick when he’s on and off stage.”

 

 

 

“Really?” Kellie asked in all curiosity. “I mean yeah I know him but he seems just like he does on stage.”

 

 

 

“No he’s different, on stage he’s more goofy and much more of a ham. He knows how to get a good response from the crowd and he does it knowing what they’ll do. Alex is the same way, when he’s on stage or in an interview he’s all about the job and entertaining the crowd. At home Nick is more about just being with me, and our friends and family. Yeah he’s still a goof and if there’s a camera around oh yeah major ham, but that’s just him. Without that he’s just Nick. He reads the newspaper everyday which is so mundane but on him it’s cute, he only drinks tea if he’s not feeling well, drinks exactly one cup of coffee day at most usually its just half a cup unless it’s Starbucks. He’s not glamorous and that right there is sexy.”

 

About an hour or two later…

 

 

 

“So ladies what are we getting waxed today.”

 

 

 

“My legs as usual.” Alyssa stated.

 

 

 

“Oh come on you gotta get a bikini wax.” Kellie coaxed.

 

 

 

“You should get a brazilian Nick would die!”

 

 

 

“Hell yeah I’m gonna get one today, Alex will love it!” Kellie exclaimed.

 

 

 

“No Nick has no problem with au naturale me.”

 

 

 

“But do it as a treat, he’ll LOVE it. Clark loves mine, I only do it for special occasions, any other time it’s more of a landing strip.”

 

 

 

“So we’re getting back massages after this right…oh what the hell you only live once right?” Alyssa replied deciding that she’d give Nick a bit of a surprise.

 

 

 

Kellie cheered, “So you’ve never actually got a bikini wax before?”

 

 

 

“No…” She replied making them both giggle at her. “What it’s not like I got a jungle going on down there I trim and keep it small but no I’ve never gotten it waxed.”

 

 

 

“And Nick actually doesn’t mind going down on that?”

 

 

 

“No he quite enjoys it thank you and so do I.”

 

 

 

“So he’s in for quite a surprise isn’t he?.”

 

 

 

“Yep…”

 

 

 

“Good day girls which one of you is first?” A tall blonde woman with a thick Eastern European accent asked.

 

 

 

Alyssa stood, “I am…” She stated and walked back into the room with the waxer. She laid on the table and the lady came over and sat at her stool by the table.

 

 

 

“So what are we waxing today.”

 

 

 

“My legs and a bikini wax.” Alyssa stated slowly.

 

 

 

“First time?”

 

 

 

“For my bikini wax yes, my legs no.”

 

 

 

“We do the legs first, what type of bikini wax though just to get that out of the way so I know how much wax I will need; brazilian or just a landing strip?”

 

 

 

Alyssa took a deep breath and replied, “Brazilian.”

 

 

 

The lady smiled and motioned for her to lay down on the table.

 

 

 

Later that day…

 

 

 

Alyssa and the girls walked out of the spa feeling refreshed and renewed carrying bags with new clothes they’d bought at the surrounding shops. “That was an experience…you guys didn’t warn me that bikini waxes hurt more than leg waxing!”

 

 

 

Lori giggled, “I know the first time I had mine I squeezed the hell out of the stress ball.”

 

 

 

“They have stress balls?” Alyssa exclaimed a little upset she didn’t get that too for her first time.

 

 

 

Kellie laughed hard at Alyssa’s exasperated face. “But anyways how does it feel?”

 

 

 

“A little weird, and kinda liberating. Nick’s gonna die.”

 

 

 

“I’m surprised he’s not one of those who likes em bare.”

 

 

 

“He’s never complained, one way or the other. But I’m eager to let him get the full experience.”

 

 

 

“Yeah that’s the brazilian talking. It’s crazy but it makes you horny, know that you’re just kinda there especially if you’re not wearing any underwear.”

 

 

 

Alyssa nodded and got in her car with both girls with her. “So, what’s the special occasion for?” She asked Lori as she drove them back to their respective places.

 

 

 

“He got promoted, he’s now head photo journalist for the local NBC affiliate here in town.”

 

 

 

Alyssa beamed, “Oh my god that’s great, tell him congratulations for me!”

 

 

 

“I will after he gets his present of dinner and congratulatory nookie.” Lori said getting outof the car. “Bye ladies!”

 

 

 

Alyssa laughed as Kellie moved up to the front seat. “She’s really happy…” Alyssa remarked. “More than I’ve seen her in a long, long time.”

 

 

 

“Well she’s got a great life right now, with being a stay at home Mom and her and Clark doing so well.” Kellie explained.

 

 

 

Alyssa grinned in agreement, “I’m sorry I haven’t been hanging out much, between the show and pregnancy and work and trying to find time for Nick…it’s all…”

 

 

 

“We know, just don’t forget us okay? We miss you, and we know it’s a big deal you’re trying to connect with your new family that you’ll be joining as soon as you and Nick take the plunge, and you’re preparing to be a mom it’s okay.” Kellie said giving Alyssa a pat on her knee making her hiss.

 

 

 

“Its okay, it’s just a scrape from the other day on the stairs and the waxing made it a bit sore.”

 

 

 

“Didn’t she avoid it?”

 

 

 

“She went around it which I think hurt worse.” Alyssa replied chuckling a bit.

 

 

 

“So how are you getting all this nookie with the cameras around?”

 

 

 


Alyssa sighed, “It’s the house’s week off, they’re following Aaron and the girls solely this week, so if they’re not at home, we’re all alone.”

 

 

 

“Nice! I like that.”

 

 

 

“I know but the next two are mine and Nick’s then the rest of the time it’s the whole household.”

 

 

 

“Bummer…”

 

 

 

“Real bummer!”

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

“So how goes it bro?” AJ said smaking Nick on the back causing him to yelp in pain.

 

 

 

“Dude you okay?” Howie asked trying to hold back his laughter.

 

 

 

“Alyssa again?” Brian asked knowing that could probably be the reason why his back was sore.

 

 

 

Nick nodded, “Yeah, we had a fight and…”

 

 

 

“A fight?”

 

 


“Yeah really stupid fight about the Maxim shoot which blew up way out of proportion and ended up fucking on the stairs.”

 

 

 

“Like against the wall adjoining the stairs, at the top of the stairs?”

 

 

 

Nick laughed, “No ON the fucking stairs. Her back is all bruised so is my jaw from where she slapped me earlier on in the fight.”

 

 

 

Brian’s eyes grew wide, “Sounds like some fight.”

 

 

 

“It was, but God aferward was amazing…we’ve never had it be that fiery before.”

 

 

 

“Like what happened?” Howie asked, actually curious as to what could be so incredible.

 

 

 


“It’s like one minute we’re screaming at each other and the next we’re like face to face and she’s daring me to hit her. But all I could think about is how hot she looks when she’s pissed off. And then we started kissing and I said something stupid and she pushed me away and I pulled her back down and then clothes sorta went flying.”

 

 

 

“Sort of?”

 

 

 

“Well we just slipped em off enough to...you know…have access I guess is the term but she totally destroyed my shirt and it was just rough and aggressive and damn I want to do it again just thinking about it…” He explained.

 

 

 

AJ shook his head and chuckled, “Man, what is with you two? Even when you’re pissed off at each other you end up screwing what’s the deal? When Kellie and I fight she’s off to her apartment for like 3 days.”

 

 

 

Brian laughed hard, “Maybe you just don’t have the fire they do. I mean come on we’ve all see how they act around each other even when they’re like 40 feet apart.”

 

 

 

“What?” Nick asked curious as to what Brian would say.

 

 

 

“It’s just everyone can tell when the two of you are in the same room not like the temperature went up or anything cheesy like that. But…”

 

 

 

“There’s definitely a magnetism when the two of you are around each other. And hell she makes you happy man so I think it’s a good thing.” Howie added.

 

 

 

“Magnetism? You’re kidding right? It’s just me and Ali, we’re…”

 

 

 

“So totally in love that you can’t even see how you act around her.”

 

 

 

“Oh shut up…”

 

 

 

Later on…

 

 

 

Alyssa walked in the house setting her bags in the laundry room to be sorted later then went up to the bedroom to change into something more comfortable. She knew Nick would be home soon so she settled on a black short wrap around skirt that came to about her mid-thigh. “Hmmm underwear…no underwear?” She contemplated out loud. She settled on a cute but sexy pair of black lace booty-short briefs. As far as a shirt she chose an almost sheer white spaghetti strap camisole that had extra fabric around the chest area so as not to be so sheer. Then she went into her office and grabbed a pencil and her favorite beat-up copy of the The Complete Erotic Adventures of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice and used the pencil to put her hair in a loose French twist that showed off her neck. She went into the living room and propped herself on the couch sitting with her back to one of the arm chairs and bending her legs letting her skirt ride up a little showing off her newly smooth legs. She sat for about an hour reading just actually content to be in silence since everyone was out for the day. But she couldn’t deny the smirk that crossed her lips when she heard Nick’s car pull into the garage. Moments later Nick came through the front door going through the mail.

 

 

“Bill….junk…bill…another bill….oooh Sports Illustrated….” Nick muttered to himself as he walked into the living room stopping cold when he looked up and saw bare legs on the couch. Slowly he moved his eyes up seeing the short skirt flimsy camisole and Alyssa reading casually.

 

 

 

Alyssa looked up momentarily, “Hey you, didn’t think I’d see you home yet. Have a seat…” She said tapping the couch with her foot.

 

 

 

His mouth went dry momentarily so instead he nodded and walked over dropping the mail on the coffee table holding onto the magazine. Alyssa grinned and lifted her legs bringing them to her chest slightly so that he could sit. As soon as he was settled she unfolded her legs and rested them on top of his. He grinned a little and placed his hand on top of her shin rubbing a little then stopped. “What did you do today?”

 

 

 

Without glancing up from her book Alyssa replied, “Spa day with the girls, got my hair done, manicure, pedicure, got my legs waxed, got a bikini wax, and got a back massage and facial.” She rattled off.

 

 

 

Nick stopped and looked up for a moment, “Bikini…hold up do what?” He said looking at her. She still held the book up and was sort of reading but smirked to herself.

 

 

 

“A bikini wax…I figured I’d try something new…and since they always do a good job on my legs as you can feel.” She said moving her leg a little so his hand moved a little and her heel no so subtlely rubbed over his groin.

 

 

 

The move to him seem completely innocent but there was just something about her that was different and couldn’t quite pinpoint it. Getting bored with the magazine he set it on the coffee table and leaned back into the couch. Alyssa had adjusted herself just so with her left leg bent her heel resting right on the fly of his shorts and the other was stretched out and resting comfortably across his lower thighs just above his knees. Nick glanced up to her face seeing it still stuck in the book. He looked at the cover recognizing it instantly, he’d grown accustomed to it over the years seeing her read it every so often. Before they were together she’d read it to relieve sexual frustration she called it since it was in fact erotica. But since they’d been together, it usually meant she was just a tad bit frisky but wanted him to make the first move. He grinned wider and began innocently by rubbing the top of her foot noticing the deep purple nail polish on her toes obviously from her pedicure earlier on in the day. Feeling slightly bolder and using the backs of his he trailed his fingers up to her knee.

 

 

 

“They did a pretty good job on your leg…”

 

 

 

Alyssa smiled, “That’s why I go back, besides you seem to like it when I get my legs waxed so it’s worth the marginal amount of pain.” She said jumping a little. “Hey that’s mean!” She exclaimed as he moved his fingers underneath her knee where she was the most ticklish.

 

 

 

“I love that you’re ticklish here, and here…” He replied trailing his hand lightly up the back of her thigh making her gasp and goosebumps rise all over her skin. Alyssa tilted her leg towards him opening the inside of her leg to him. He smirked at her and moved his hand to the inside of her thigh. Alyssa smirked inwardly this was going even better than she had imagined. He groaned in disappointment when he came in contact with her underwear. “Just had to wear underwear huh?” He retorted.

 

 

 

Alyssa closed her book setting it on the coffee table. “And just what do you want me to do?”

 

 

 

“Off with ‘em.” He commanded making her giggle and lift her hips slightly to slip them off. She got them almost to her knees when Nick took them the rest of the way off. He looked at them for a moment and then tossed them to the other end of the couch. He watched momentarily as she put her legs back in exactly the same position they were.

 

 

 

She grinned and watched him watch her then remarked, “Are you gonna just sit there?”

 

 

 

He rolled his eyes, and pulled her hips forward making her lay back against the armrest then slowly moved his hand from her hip down her hipbone and stopped cold as he reached where her pelvis met her inner thigh feeling nothing but smooth skin. His eyes grew wide as Alyssa smirked at him. “You didn’t…you…”

 

 

 

“Yep I did…” She retorted with a grin. “I figured you’d like it.” She said gasping a little as he lightly traced over her skin.

 

 

 

She scooted closer to him hoping to ge that much closer hoping to encourage him more. He smirked and leaned in kissing her knee as he moved his fingers across her clit making her lean her head back and sigh as she closed her eyes. He moved his fingers on her inserting two into her thrusting them in and out slowly. Alyssa took a deep shaky breath and slowly rocked her hips against his hand and rubbed her foot across his groin.

 

 

 

He leaned in kissing her knee again and moved his mouth to the inside of her knee. She smirked at him and allowed him to shift his body so he was facing her. He pulled her to where her legs were on either side of his hips he lifted her right leg placing it on the coffee table and the other against the back of the couch spreading her legs just enough to give him full access to her.

 

 

 

“What are you doing Nickolas?” She asked watching him slide his hands up her thighs as he lowered himself down to where his face was mere inches from the end of her skirt.

 

 

 

He looked up and arched one eyebrow at her smirking a bit. “Well you feel different I’m pretty sure you look different…and I wanna see if you taste different too…” He said licking his lips for added effect.

 

 

 

Alyssa shuddered and replied, “Then by all means…taste away…”

 

 

 

He grinned and let his hands drift up to her hips gathering her skirt as he went. As soon as he saw her he stopped and stared momentarily feeling his entire body temperature rise and his cock harden even more than it already had just at the sight of her bare pussy. He leaned down placing feather-light kisses around the soft skin. Alyssa sighed momentarily but watched him wanting to see his every move. She held her breath as he lifted her hips grabbing a couch pillow placing it under her ass to elevate her to the perfect angle. Alyssa lifted her hand and ran her fingers through his hair trying to get him to move a little closer. He chuckled a bit blowing some air onto her exposed skin and Alyssa sucked in a breath in response. Feeling confident that she was ready he leaned down seeing her bare skin was flushed and ready to go. He leaned in and slowly drug his tongue across her slit making her back arch and her moan softly.

 

 

 

“Mmmm that feels so good…” She announced making him grin as he fluttered his tongue across her clit. He made soft circles then increased his pressure licking rather roughly making her hips buck slightly and her move her legs to rest over his shoulders. He moved his tongue lower thrusting it in and out of her opening making her cry out in pleasure. She weaved her fingers into her hair with one hand while the other began to take one of his hands and trail it up her body to her chest. He moved back up and sucked her clit into his mouth bringing his other hand underneath him as he inserted two fingers into her pumping them in and out in pace with how he was moving on her clit. “Oh God…right there…” She semi-instructed as he increased the intensity of his movements making the muscles in her thighs begin to quiver as he continually hit the right spot…over and over. Alyssa arched her back into his hand that was slowly massaging her breast through the thin fabric of her camisole and she shuddered hard as her release began to wash over her.

 

 

 

He slowed his movements on her bringing her slowly down from a near explosive orgasm. As he felt her body relax back against the couch again he looked up and smiled at her as he pulled himself up from her body slightly. “God you’re beautiful…” He remarked.

 

 

 

Alyssa giggled at him and sat up moving to kiss him slowly tasting herself faintly on his lips. Not wanting to further prolong anything more than just foreplay, Alyssa stroked the bulge in his jeans making him throw his head back and groan. “Sugar…if you do much more of that I won’t last very long…” He rasped at her.

 

 

 

“Then….what are you waiting for? Fuck me already…” She replied undoing his pants. She leaned in and kissed along his neck, “I want you…”

 

 

 

“Hang on a minute…” He said trying to get his pants off just enough as she mounted him sliding down onto him making them both moan. “Oh god…” He remarked breathlessly as she began moving on him. “Uhh yeah right…”

 

 

 

“Fuck!” Alyssa yelped hearing Aaron’s escalade pull into the driveway.

 

 

 

Not hearing anything Nick pulled at her hips thrusting his up.

 

 

 

“No Nick don’t….Nick stop….” Alyssa said getting Nick to stop.

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“Aaron’s home, with the camera’s I don’t want them to walk in on us like this.” Alyssa explained getting up and off of him and walking out of the room.

 

 

 

Nick sat there momentarily and groaned pulling his pants back up. How did he go from getting amazing sex to total rejection. Moments later Aaron and Angel walked in the house from lunch with the cameras in tow.

 

 

 

“Hey Bro!” Aaron shouted attempting to give Nick a hug but Nick brushed him off just shaking his head and walked up stairs to take a shower.

 

 

 

“What’s his problem?” Angel asked as they walked into the kitchen. They noticed Alyssa standing there in the flimsy camisole and short skirt with her hair up and figured their homecoming must have interrupted them. “Did we interrupt something?” Angel asked feeling bad if they had.

 

 

 

“Yeah and he’s pissed now because I didn’t exactly want an audience.” Alyssa said sighing as she drank the ice cold glass of water she poured or herself.

 

 

 

“You mean I missed a chance to see you naked?” Aaron retorted giggling to himself.

 

 

 

“We weren’t naked actually.” She replied. “But that doesn’t matter.” She added noticing the cameras come in the room. She hooked up her mic and sighed. “He’s just really disappointed now…”

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

Nick stroked himself roughly under the hot spray of the shower. He wanted relief, since he couldn’t have what he really wanted, which was Alyssa riding him, then he’d have to settle for imagining her as he felt his body tense and slump against the tiled wall in relief as his orgasm washed over him. He sighed as he cleaned himself up and got out of the shower. He looked in the mirror and sighed again grimacing that he had to settle for his own hand and a shower instead of his fiancé.

 

 

 

Nick walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and stopped dead seeing Alyssa sitting on the bed. “What?” He asked gruffly going into his closet and changing into a pair of basketball shorts and an oversized tee-shirt.

 

 

 

Alyssa sighed and looked at him, “I’m sorry we couldn’t finish…”

 

 

 

“Don’t, just don’t it’s bad enough I had to finish myself off when all I wanted was you.”

 

 

 

Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment, “I’m sorry I just don’t want to get walked in on. Especially since we’re on television now.”

 

 

 

He sighed and sat next to her, “I know but it’s not fair, I just wanted you so badly. And then to have you push me away…fuck baby that was so fucking frustrating.”

 

 

 

“I know, lover, I know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10: Theory Of Relativity by Teri
Author's Notes:
Sooo yay an update. I finally mapped out where AS is going to go and it's really going to be one of the best in this series. And definitely one of the longest! Thank you to all my loyal readers thus far, I love hearing from you and can't wait to hear more as the story progresses!


Chapter Ten: Theory Of Relativity

 

 

Alyssa sighed as she flipped through the magazine waiting for the photographer to show up. “Angel how does this whole thing work?” She asked truly confused as to how a photoshoot was conducted. Sure she’d had one before with Lori but that had been different, it was for a present for Nick so there wasn’t much pressure at least not as much as posing for a men’s magazine. It made it that much harder on Alyssa, having no experience with the world of entertainment and all it’s trappings and complexities.

 

 

Angel grinned and gave her a hug, “It’s easy I’ll go first you just gotta feel sexy and channel that.”

 

 

Alyssa snickered at her, “I’m pregnant I don’t feel all that sexy. Hell I’m a little over 8 weeks right now and I’m showing.”

 

 

“Not that much at least you can’t really tell, there’s not discernable baby bump so they won’t have to airbrush you.”

 

 

“Oh they won’t airbrush me, I told them not to that I’d only do it if they didn’t.”

 

 

“Well they have to slightly with the lighting and such but I don’t think they would do too much to either of us, we’re too cute.” She replied giggling a little.

 

 

Five hours later…

 

 

“Ok Alyssa turn a little to your left…perfect!” The photographer shouted as he snapped another picture.

 

 

Alyssa grinned inwardly groaned, “I can’t believe Nick talked me into this.” She said to Leslie who was standing right by her.

 

 

Leslie giggled, “Yeah but he’ll enjoy the major eye candy if you go home all made up.”

 

 

“True…” Alyssa muttered back as she moved a little bit. The whole thing seemed a bit ridiculous to her do this, do that. Alyssa flip your hair over your shoulder. Leslie look a little more pouty. It almost made her want to crack up. A few more shots and the photographer took a break and the girls sighed.

 

 

Alyssa walked over and grabbed a drink from the craft services table dying for a glass of water for what seemed like the last hour but was really only about 20 minutes. She liked that they’d given her as well as Leslie a tasteful one piece bathing suit to wear. Both of them were extremely shy about their bodies. “Alyssa…?” The photographer asked calling her over.

 

 

“You rang?” She said with a snarky grin.

 

 

The photographer grinned back almost kind of liking how sarcastic Alyssa was being about the whole thing. “Now honey, I know you’re not famous and want nothing to do with this…”

 

 

“But?” Alyssa added.

 

 

He opened his mouth but at the last moment decided to say something different. “You’re not like most models…”

 

 

“I’m not a model, I’m a professor at UCLA.”

 

 

The man looked at her in disbelief wondering just how someone that beautiful could have such a mundane job. “Well, either way I like you. You’re spunky.”

 

 

Alyssa snickered slightly hearing the slight lisp in the man’s voice. “By any chance are you…you know?”

 

 

“A Judy Garland fan? Of course! Now let’s make you into the hottest professor at UCLA.” He announced making her laugh a little.

 

 

Alyssa giggled and got into the whole modeling thing willing to do whatever the photographer had in mind.

 

 

Late that night…

 

 

They collapsed against each other in a sweaty heap against the sheets. Alyssa giggled a little sighed in relief. “I love this…”

 

 

Nick breathed deeply as he relaxed into the bed. “Love what?” He asked turning his head slightly to look over at her. He grinned seeing her lay there with a grin on her face and a light sheen of sweat all over her skin.

 

 

She closed her eyes momentarily to sigh slightly then turned on her side and trailed her fingers on his arm. “Just the way we are…we’re just so completely happy right now.”

 

 

“Yeah but that’s going to change.”

 

 

Alyssa gave him an odd look, “What do you mean?”

 

 

“Ali we’re going to have a baby, we’re not even going to have much energy to even sit in the same room” Nick explained. “I remember when my parents were having Leslie, or even Aaron and Angel and it’s really hard on a relationship.”

 

 

“Yeah?” She replied feeling scared at his words. “But we’re not them, we’re not…”

 

 

“Don’t say it…I know what you’re gonna say…” He replied hating the fact that his parents didn’t love each other. Sometimes as he looked back it didn’t seem as if they ever did.

 

 

“I know, and I’m sorry lover but it’s true. We love each other, that’s whats going to keep us together throughout everything. I love and trust you.”

 

 

He sighed and pulled her body to him and kissed her slowly. He hated talking about the possibilities the future may hold. Especially the negative ones. It scared him deep down, the thought of not being with her. She’d come to be so much more than his best friend the past 2 years, to the point where life without her was unfathomable.

 

 

She broke away momentarily and kissed his forehead. “Promise me something?”

 

 

“What?” He asked curiously.

 

 

“That we’ll always make time for each other?”

 

 

“I promise baby.” He said kissing her again.

 

 

Two days later…

 

 

“Alyssa you seem to be coming along nicely.” Dr. Petrarch smiled at Alyssa and Nick.

 

 

“That’s great.” Alyssa grinned back, “I started pregnancy yoga too, it’s been helping deal with the chaos at home.” Nick sighed glad that everything’s been going okay. “Besides I have help at home too, Nick’s been like pregnancy nazi over here.” She joked making Nick blush a little.

 

 

“That’s good, though, you really should be taking it easy have you let your superiors at the school know?”

 

 

“Not yet but I’m meeting with Jennifer and Helen over lunch tomorrow.”

 

 

Dr. Petrarch nodded and slid to Alyssa’s side on her chair. “Okay now we should be able to hear the baby’s heart beat a little bit better than last week since you’re ten weeks now.” She said as Alyssa lifted up her shirt and the doctor squirted some gel on to her tummy then smoothed it around with a plastic receiver. Alyssa giggled a little since her stomach was so sensitive both of them looked up to the screen where the ultrasound’s picture was displayed. “Now that’s the baby’s head. And there are the feet.” She said pointing out certain areas on the fuzzy white screen. “It’s too early to tell the baby’s sex yet, but that should be defined with in the next couple of weeks or so. Have you decided whether you want to know yet?”

 

 

Nick didn’t tear his eyes away from the screen as he heard the loud noise coming from the monitor. “What is that sound.”

 

 

“That’s your baby’s heart beating, it sounds distorted just because we’re so far away from it.” She explained.

 

 

Alyssa looked at him and smiled, “Feels real now doesn’t it?”

 

 

Nick nodded getting slightly choked up just at the thought that he’d helped create life. “That’s amazing….” He said as they finished up.

 

 

“It makes the fact that you’re a parent all the more real doesn’t it?” Dr. Petrarch replied. “Now the only thing we have to worry about is that the baby’s heart beat is a bit irregular now there are thousands of baby’s born everyday with an irregular heart beat, but I would like to run some tests once you’re farther along if this persists just to make sure you’ll have a healthy little one.” She explained making them get worried looks. “Really it’s common for the baby to have an irregular beat, and there’s nothing to worry about. The tests are merely a precaution we do.”

 

 

Alyssa nodded, “What are the chances of having a baby with a heart defect?”

 

 

“There are always risks, but you’re looking right now at less than ten percent. Really right now there’s no defect from what I have seen and I’ve delivered over 5,000 children. So far you have a very healthy baby.” She assured.

 

 

Nick nodded feeling more confident that their child would be healthy, “I’m glad.”

 

 

“Oh yes, so I want to see you next week, since it’s weekly appointments and in two weeks or so we’ll be about to tell if you’re having a boy or girl. Any ideas of what you might be hoping for.”

 

 

“I love to have a daughter…” Nick replied, “But honestly I just want the baby to be healthy.”

 

 

“Good way to look at it, are you two still sexually active?”

 

 

Alyssa smirked, “For the most part yes, when we have time and the privacy.”

 

 

“Well you’ll be able to have sex until the third trimester, you can still have sex in the last 3 months of pregnancy but I would definitely recommend using a condom just to avoid any and all chance of infection. Even the healthiest of people can still give their loved one an infection by exchanging bodily fluids, and that’s not exclusive to saliva. And after birth I wouldn’t suggest it for the first two weeks, but after that you should be all healed.”

 

 

Alyssa and Nick both nodded taking in everything. “So, pretty much it’s be careful and don’t do what doesn’t feel right?”

 

 

“Yes pretty much.”

 

 

Late that night…

 

 

“God I’m hungry!” Alyssa exclaimed rummaging through the refridgerator.

 

 

Nick trudged into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. “Babe it’s 1:30…”

 

 

Alyssa looked up, “I’m dying for some frozen pizza, and tomatoes with salt and pepper on them.”

 

 

Nick grinned, “Okay, we’re out of those, do you want me to go to the store?”

 

 

Alyssa sighed, “The only place that’s open is Wal-Mart and that’s like 20 minutes away.”

 

 

“So? Let’s go and you can get whatever you’re craving.”

 

 

“Really, anything?”

 

 

“Yep.” He said pulling on a pair of sweats and an oversized shirt.

 

 

Alyssa giggled and got dressed giddy that she was going to be able to satisfy her immense cravings. Ever since she’d gotten pregnant she’d had the oddest and most random of foods. “Ohh we should get some nutella and swedish fish!” She exclaimed as they walked out to his car. About a half an hour later Nick found himself walking through Wal-mart as Alyssa would randomly walk up and drop something into the cart.

 

 

He chuckled at her selections of fresh fruit and then frozen pizza, nutella, then an assortment of candies and frozen yogurt. “Don’t go too overboard now babe.” He reasoned knowing that he’d end up having some of this himself. He’d noticed lately that he didn’t feel as healthy as he used to be back in the early days. Even trying to play a game of basketball was almost too physically taxing for him.

 

 

Alyssa caught the pensive expression on his face as she tossed a package of double stuffed mint oreos into the cart. “What?”

 

 

He looked up and noticed the cameras had been following them around the store. “Just maybe go easy on the junk food.” He said trying to start slow.

 

 

“So says the junk food king…” Alyssa retorted jokingly making him wince at her words. Alyssa saw the pained expression on his face momentarily, “What’s wrong?”

 

 

“Nothing.” He replied avoiding her question. She gave him a skeptical look but let it go and headed off to walk about the store idlely. After walking for another five minutes Nick found himself in the toy department where he heard Alyssa giggling emanating from one of the aisles. He walked over and saw her swirling a hula hoop around her hips and giggling like a five-year-old. He watched her loving the expression on her face.

 

Alyssa looked over and giggled seeing Nick there and stopped letting the hula hoop fall. “I love this thing I used to have one when I was little.” She remarked putting it back on the display.

 

 

“So what are you doing in the toy department?” Nick asked wrapping his arms around her waist kissed her forehead.

 

 

She grinned up at him, “A birthday present for Jamie, his birthday is coming soon.”

 

 

“In like a month!”

 

 

“Three weeks.” Alyssa corrected. “Besides he’s my lil munchkin I gotta spoil him.”

 

 

Nick shook his head and kissed her slowly just wanting to revel in the moment of complete normalcy.

End Notes:
If you read I'd really love to hear what you think! So please as always Read and review!
Chapter 11: Self-Image by Teri
Author's Notes:
ANOTHER CHAPTER!? YAY! thank Tri and Mel for helping me with this chapter! it's definitely starting to heat up!

Chapter Eleven: Self-Image

 

 

 

Nick looked at himself in the mirror that morning as he shaved and got ready for the day. He noticed the bags under his eyes from not sleeping well. That was due in part to going out with his boys often, and staying up all night with Alyssa’s weird cravings and the terrible digestive after effects. Next, he looked to the rest of himself; lately he felt more and more out of shape than ever and now looking at himself so critically let him see it as well.


Moments later, Alyssa came into the bathroom and hopped into the shower, noting his pensive expression that was studying the reflection in the mirror. About ten minutes later, Alyssa stepped out of the shower with her bath towel wrapped securely around her. She looked at him again, still in the same position, but looking at his arms and chest then down to his stomach. She walked over to him and placed a chaste kiss to his back and rested her chin on his shoulder. “What’s wrong?”


“What?” He replied, having been jolted from his own private criticisms. “Oh nothing…” He replied, shrugging off her question.


Alyssa chuckled and moved to sit on the counter facing him. “I don’t call standing in front of the mirror for over ten minutes looking at myself nothing. What’s going on in that head of yours?”


“It’s nothing, just me being neurotic that’s all.” He answered, hoping the conversation would end. It was bad enough that he felt out of shape; he didn’t need Alyssa thinking it, too.


He saw Alyssa’s brow furrow in frustration at his dismissal of the topic. “Nick…it’s obviously bothering you, and if something is bothering you then you need to talk about it.”


He sighed and leaned against the counter placing his hand on her bare thigh just above her knee. He loved that she could always see right through him. Whether he was angry, hurt, or just having a bout of depression, she was always there to get it out of him. ‘I don’t deserve her...’ his mind replied. It was something that always plagued his thoughts; that one day, she’d realize her potential and would see that she could do so much better than she was and leave him with nothing but his heart in pieces. He sighed again and looked up at her meeting her reassuring and concerned gaze. “It’s really stupid.”


“Nothing’s stupid if it’s bothering you, lover.”


Nick took a deep breath, mentally trying to form his thoughts into a cohesive argument. He knew Alyssa was going to fight him on this and he wanted to make sure that he had some valid reasons for feeling this way. “Well, the other day I was playing basketball with the boys and…”


“And…?” She asked, coaxing him to continue.


“And well I felt so out of breath I had to stop not even half way through the fucking game. I felt humiliated…I’d never had to do that before.”


Alyssa gave him a sympathetic look and scooted close to him. “And so now you’re studying your appearance and criticizing it to the Nth degree?”


“Yeah, I just feel so…stupid about this. I mean here you are, pregnant and have no problem with gaining weight and here I am the f…”


“Don’t say that three letter word.” Alyssa said, interrupting him. “You’re not stupid for feeling the way you do. Maybe it’s your body telling you to do something to make yourself feel better? Now let me say this without interruption, okay?” She requested, getting a nod from him. “I love you, no matter what you look like. I didn’t fall in love with the illusion that is Nick Carter. I fell for you, for all your imperfections and faults. And if you’re unhappy with your body then change it to make yourself happy, but know that I’m right here and that I love you just for what’s here…” She said pointing to his heart. “And here.” She added pointing to his head. “And if you want to change something then know that I will be there by your side supporting you in anyway necessary to help you reach your goals.”


Three hours later…


Alyssa sighed, putting down her pen from grading for the fourth time within the last five minutes. She rolled her eyes at the shouting coming from downstairs. She only had two hours before she had to meet with her bosses about her pregnancy and wanted to be as caught up as possible on her work. She rubbed her forehead, tired from the morning sickness that still didn’t own a watch. After she had stuffed herself full of junk food, she’d spent the night running to the bathroom as it came back up on her. Thankfully Nick was there getting her some water and rubbing her back trying to soothe her discomfort. Alyssa heard the yelling grow louder and could pretty much identify the parties involved. “I’m gonna kill them.” She muttered to herself as she got up and went down stairs not noticing Nick sitting in the living room listening to his iPod to drown out the sound of his siblings raucous. Alyssa came into the kitchen at a stalemate in the fight. “I could hear you three up in the office. What’s going on?” She said looking sternly at Leslie, Bobbie, and Aaron.


“Aaron won’t clean up after himself; he expects all of us to do it!” Leslie explained.


“Yeah, I asked him to do the dishes ‘cause it’s his turn and he gives me attitude about how I’m a girl and I should do it!” Bobbie added.


Alyssa turned her gaze to Aaron giving him a chance to defend himself. “I just don’t have time. Leslie doesn’t have a job right now and it’s Bobbie’s day off today. That’s what I meant by it!” He replied sheepishly.


“Aaron, I’ve noticed that you don’t clean up after yourself all over the house; not just here in the kitchen. You leave clothes everywhere, CDs, movies, trash just laying about. But I’m sorry Nick and I like having a clean house. You need to be able to clean up after yourself.” Alyssa reasoned firmly.


Aaron’s anger flared. He’d hoped she’d come and tell everyone to just get over it like she had the last time around. So for her to stand up and side with his sisters was a unexpected shock. “Don’t act like you’re my mother…”


“Well maybe you need one! You obviously have no respect for anyone in this house Aaron.” Alyssa shot back keeping her voice firm and resolute. “Remember this is mine and Nick’s home and you leaving trash, clothes, and dirty dishes everywhere is an insult to me and tells me that you certainly don’t respect yourself, your sisters, me, my home, and most importantly, your brother.”


“Oh God here it comes. What is this, did Nick take you aside and tell you to give me the “you need to be more responsible” speech?”


Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Actually, I learned it from Kevin. He is the master of that speech, after all. But don’t dodge the point, Aaron. You need to stop being immature.”


“I’m not immature, what the hell. You come in here all righteous and shit telling me what to do? Where do you get off!? It’s not like you have to pay for anything ever. How nice it must be for you to have someone who’ll pay for everything?”


Alyssa’s eyes narrowed at him, she could take immaturity and pettiness to a point but when you attacked her independence. She took a deep breath. “Oh really, well let me tell you, having him pay for things is a battle to say the least. I’m sorry, but I don’t work my ass off at my job for my money to just sit in the bank. Nick and I switch off bills every month. One month he’ll have the mortgage, water, cable and internet bill and I’ll have electricity, food, and cell phones as well as any repair bills there may be and the next month we switch it up. We do the finances together because this house is just as much mine as it is his. So you trashing my home that I help pay for when you are a GUEST here is an insult.”


“Whatever, I don’t have to deal with this shit.”


“You’re right. You don’t; there’s the door. You live in my home, you live under my rules and if you don’t like it you’re free to leave and not come back. Because really Aaron when it boils down to it, nobody cares what you do and what you don’t do…Nobody cares.” Alyssa interjected before turning on her heel and walking out of the room. She stopped cold as she rounded the corner to go up to the stairs, seeing Nick standing just outside the dining room leaning on the wall with his arms folded and a surprised and amused look on his face. “Spare me, okay?” She requested with an exasperated look on her face as she walked past him and went up the stairs.


He followed her and pulled her into the office and shut the door. He stood grinning at her for a moment. “Okay I have to say…”


“What?” Alyssa asked, going over to her desk preparing things for her meeting.


He walked over and grasped her shoulders and kissed her temple, “That was fucking awesome.” He remarked making her stop and turn her head to look at him.


“Yeah?”


“Hell yeah, you went in there, took charge of the situation, and put Aaron in his place and made him look like an immature ass. I love how you handled that.”


Alyssa smiled a little, “Well you know how I get when I have a migraine.”


“Yeah I know, I’m glad Aaron didn’t end up with a broken nose because of it.”


“Well he didn’t try to hit me, I only would beat his ass if he tries it first which he hasn’t…yet.” She said closing her briefcase. “I’m going to go to campus, maybe I’ll get at least some work done.”


“Okay love you…” He said grinning at her.


She smiled and leaned up pressing her lips to his momentarily. “Your mission tonight…”


“Yeah?”


“Get them out of the house, I just want to hang out with my fabulous fiancé tonight.”


“I’ll try to, but I can’t promise anything.”


Two hours later…


“So Alyssa, I think we know why you called this meeting.” Helen began. “We found out that you’re pregnant thanks to the tabloids.”


Alyssa sighed and nodded, “Yeah I hadn’t intended on you finding out that way. I had this meeting planned before my soon-to-be mother-in-law decided to sell out her eldest son.”


Jennifer nodded and gave her a sympathetic grin. “I’m happy for you, my dear. And the Maxim shoot, though we didn’t necessarily approve of the idea, it will garner UCLA a lot of attention. The Dean of the university even said that it would be great to show that college isn’t for the nerds.”


Alyssa snickered at her comment, “Yeah, it’s a little insane. I made them promise to go easy on the airbrushing, it drives me nuts to see them so fake. But yeah I made sure also that it would be tasteful, too. I may be part of a reality show, but I do have standards.”


Jennifer and Helen chuckled, “Well, we wanted to let you know that maternity leave is definitely an option for you, if you want it. And it will be paid, of course. Congratulations on the baby; it must be exciting for you both. Also, once you come back there will be some changes.” Jennifer remarked looking at Helen to direct the rest of the conversation.


“As you might know, I’ve been interim dean for some time now. But I’m going to be retiring soon, and Jennifer is going to be my permanent replacement.” Helen explained.


“That’s amazing. Congratulations, Jennifer.” Alyssa said smiling.


Helen grinned, “And once you’re back from maternity leave, we’re going to file the paperwork to get you set up for tenure track.”


Alyssa’s eyes widened. “You’re kidding me?”


“Nope. And if you decide to go for your PhD in the near future, we can almost guarantee that you’ll be on the administrative track, and maybe be able to design your own course.”


Alyssa sat there in pure astonishment, “May I ask for the reason?”


“When you were a student, you expressed desire to eventually be running this place, and since we’ve hired you, you’ve been a great benefit to this school and to the university itself. You’ve single-handedly garnered us attention, albeit unconventional, but because of your honesty and candor on being thrown into the spotlight it’s actually made our enrollment go up by leaps and bounds. And if anyone were to doubt your ability as a teacher, our records, your student’s test scores and evaluations to prove otherwise. You’re an excellent professor and a real asset to the university.”


Alyssa sighed a little, not really knowing what to think at the moment. “Wow I guess thank you it’s just wow, wasn’t expecting this to happen so soon, you know?”


“We know, but you’ve earned it more so than anyone else at this school.”


A little while later…


Alyssa sighed as she rounded the corner to go to the small kitchen in the school’s building hoping to make some tea to soothe her nausea. As she approached the door, she heard the voices of two of her fellow professors.


“I can’t believe her. She acts like she owns the place.” One remarked. Alyssa identified the first voice as Drea, one of her faculty associates that she managed in her course that she coordinated.


“Oh I know. She gets away with murder. If any of us tried to do what she did, we would have been canned ages ago. I guess it pays to be fucking a pop star, he probably paid the University off so they’d let her keep her job after last year.” The other, Becca, one of Jennifer’s TA’s replied.


Alyssa’s heart sank a little bit feeling terrible that her own coworkers, people who worked for her, thought that way.


“Yeah for sure, and Dr. Dietrich thinks she’s like the best thing since sliced bread. I’ve seen her; she’s not all that great. It’s more like who did she blow to get where she is, right?” Drea added.


“Yeah, I’m sure her knees are sore.”


At that moment, Alyssa got up the nerve and walked into the room and smiled at them both. “Hi girls, how’s your semester going?” She asked politely, going and filling her cup with water then heating it in the microwave.


“Good, yours?” Drea asked with a less than curious yet apprehensive expression on her face.


“Really good so far, I’ve got a really great group of kids.” She replied as she brewed her tea and watched them. She saw Becca open the refrigerator causing the door to smack right into Drea’s knee. Alyssa chuckled to herself picked up her mug and began to walk away. “Make sure you ice that, you know you wouldn’t want to get sore knees….” She remarked then left the kitchen hearing them whisper to each other as she made her way back to her office. She walked in and stopped cold seeing Aaron sitting on her couch. “What are you doing here?” She asked setting her mug on the desk with some paper towel folded underneath it. She watched him momentarily as she sat down at her desk and resumed working on grading papers.


He sighed and watched her. He didn’t exactly expect to be getting the cold shoulder, but he guessed he should have expected a less than receptive reply. “So this is your office, eh?” He began. “I’m sure you and Nick have scarred it a few times.”


Alyssa snickered, “Is everything to you about sex? Aaron, come on, why are you really here?”


He sighed and leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. “I uhh….uhhh…wanted to apologize, you know for earlier.”


“It was highly immature of you.”


“I know, I know. I’m sorry, I was wrong.”


She looked at him and cracked a sympathetic grin and was about to say something when she saw two shadows at the door. She looked over seeing Kellie and Lori standing there ready to go to a late lunch. Aaron looked over seeing the two women standing there and stood up.


“I better get going, Nick said that you want the house to yourself tonight…so I figured I’d take the girls out so you could have some peace and quiet.” He added meekly.


Alyssa stood and gave him a hug. “Thank you. And I’m sorry for saying nobody cares.”


“No, it’s okay. It’s got me thinking. But I’ll talk to you about that later, okay?” He said, breaking away from the hug.


Two hours later…


“Is Nick unhealthy?” Alyssa asked randomly as they all munched on their late lunches. She’d been contemplating the entire day about what he’d said about himself. She never really gave much thought to him being so hard on himself, but since their discussion that morning she’d begun to think about it a lot more.


Lori looked up at her friend with a quizzical glance. “What do you mean?”


Alyssa sighed; she didn’t want to go fully into detail about what had happened that morning, but she figured in order to get the correct advice she’d have to talk at some point. “Well this morning he was being really critical of himself and his appearance. I mean I never find anything wrong with the way he looks, it’s not why I’m engaged to him, but ever since he told me, I guess I’ve started to think about how he’s kind of stopped caring about his health until now.”


“Hmm, well he is a little out of shape, but nothing bad.” Kellie reasoned. “But if he’s noticing something then it must be pretty bad for him in his eyes at least.”


“What did you say to him when he told you how he was feeling less than secure about his looks?” Lori asked, wanting to see maybe if her response may have any detrimental effects on his current state of mind.


Alyssa sighed, “I told him that I love him for him, and not what he looks like, but if he wants to make a change then make a change and I’ll be right by his side to support him.”


Kellie and Lori grinned at each other momentarily, both of them seemed to be pleased with her response. “So then what’s the problem?”


“I just want to see if you guys have noticed anything.”


Lori sighed, “Alyssa, snap out of it. If he’s unhappy with himself, then HE has to change it, not you. So what’s the use in worrying about it when you can’t do much about it but support his decision?” Lori asked.


“I guess you’re right. It’s just, I worry about him, you know?”


“We know.” Both replied in unison with grins on their faces.


*******************************

Alyssa Narrating:


I don’t get it…


Honestly, I really don’t. How can someone who has everything in life. Career, family (partially, but still at least his siblings love him!), and love.


Why can’t he just be happy? I mean I know that’s almost impossible for someone to be completely happy, but why can’t he just accept that, yeah, not everything is always perfect? It infuriates the hell out of me sometimes. His attitude about how he can never be happy because once he is then the other shoe will drop and bam undo all that happiness. I mean, yeah, I see where he gets it from and honestly, sometimes I’m like that, too. It’s hard being in a relationship when you have your own insecurities. I definitely have a few. And it’s becoming more and more apparent that he has many. A lot of them I didn’t even know about until after we got engaged.


I guess he’s decided to let himself be vulnerable since I said I’d spend the rest of my life with him.


It’s interesting, though. How now that he’s getting everything else in his life under control. Family, career, settling down with me, our first child. Maybe he’s looking to better himself so he can be more equipped in his mind at least to be the man that we all need him to be?


I don’t know; maybe I’m just grasping at straws. In all honesty, I think he’s going to be an amazing father. He’s practically a father to his own siblings. He tries his best to guide them as much as possible because Lord knows his parents never cared enough.


I’ve become quite bitter about the subject of his parents. Just seeing exactly what their selfishness and ineptness did to those five is despicable. And I only know bits and pieces here and there about what went on. For the longest time Nick, and Leslie kept me out of the family drama. I guess they did it to keep me as an innocent bystander. That way I’d never have to deal with it. What they didn’t think was how it was affecting them, emotionally to the point where I’d have to deal with it.


Case and point…Aaron’s little outburst this morning.


I couldn’t believe how childish all of them were being. I mean granted Leslie and Beej had some great points that Aaron should in fact be picking up after himself. But damn why does EVERYTHING in that house have to turn into World War III???


It’s a little insane sometimes, but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.


End Narration.

******************************

 

Alyssa sighed as she walked out of the bathroom from brushing her teeth that night. “You know I was talking to Kellie and Lori today…” She began.


“Yeah and?” Nick asked wondering what she had to say as he helped her turn down the bed.


She grinned and sat on the bed Indian style and looked at him, “Well I asked them about what you told me this morning.”


“You talked to them about what I told you in strict confidence?” Nick replied, completely outraged by it the fact that she couldn’t just talk to him about something, but that she had to include her friends as well.


“What? I needed advice about it. It’s not everyday my fiancé voices his insecurities to me. I was caught off guard and it got me thinking, okay? And I needed an outside opinion, okay?” Alyssa said calmly.


Nick shook his head and paced the room for a minute. He felt betrayed. His appearance was an extremely sensitive subject for him so for it to just be general conversation between her and her friends really irked him to no end. He looked at her then around the room focusing on the mirror. He saw himself and at that moment completely lost it. “You know it annoys the hell out of me that you can’t just talk to me about things. It’s like everything in our relationship is done by committee that I’m not even apart of.”


“Nick, it’s not like that, I just needed to know that how I was feeling about it was valid, okay?”


Nick scoffed a little bit, “How YOU feel? What about how I feel about you gabbing to your fucking friends about me? It’s like everytime I talk it’s automatically ‘oh I gotta run off to Kellie and Lori and get their opinion first’. It makes me wonder if you’d rather be in a relationship with them since you talk to them more than you talk to me about how you’re feeling about something I said.”


At that moment, Alyssa’s anger rose within her. She couldn’t believe how irrational he was being. “How fucking dare you call my loyalty into question. Or for that matter to even think that how I feel about what you’re feeling isn’t valid. I worry about how you think of yourself. It’s not healthy. You don’t realize how amazing you really are! But, no, you’d rather focus on the negative and go around bitching about how the world wronged you somehow.”


“I do not go around bitching. I hardly ever talk about how I’m feeling and when I try you explain it all away and make me feel like I’m stupid. I hate that you act so superior just because you actually WENT to college. What do you think I’m a total idiot here?”


Alyssa rolled her eyes at his comment, “I don’t think you’re stupid or an idiot! Though you do tend to do stupid shit.”


Hurt flashed across his face for a moment then his expression turned dark as if he was plotting something. “So says the Queen of fuck-ups.” He shot back.


Alyssa’s eyes widened moment not believing what just came out of his mouth. “You’re un-fucking-believable Nickolas. Yes, I’ve made mistakes in my life, but I’ve learned from every one of them!”


"Well, don't worry about making anymore mistakes that deal with figuring out MY problems. You're cut off! Now go tell Kellie and Lori and see how you're supposed to feel about that!" He retorted sharply.


Alyssa’s eyes narrowed and her breathing became heavy, “I don't HAVE to go to them about this one. I already know you're an insecure idiot!”


Nick clenched his jaw and grabbed his jeans from the floor pulling them on and stormed out without saying another word. Alyssa jumped as she heard the front door slam and she went through the bathroom to her old bedroom slamming the door behind herself then leaned on it sinking to the ground in a crumbled mass of raging emotions.


“You want to talk about it?” She heard a voice say from somewhere in the room. She looked up momentarily seeing Mike sitting on the couch reading.


“I thought you were out with the siblings?” She asked wiping her eyes.


“I came back early, heard you two arguing figured I’d make myself busy. What happened?”


Alyssa shook her head. “If I tell you it’ll just piss Nick off more.”


“So? Looks like you need to talk to someone. So talk…”


Meanwhile…


Nick drove aimlessly for about 20 minutes until he came across his favorite spot. Granted it was night and almost pitch black aside from the parking lot, there were a lot of people some playing volleyball on the lighted area in the sand. He walked over and plopped down on a spot looking out at the ocean seeing the waves glint in the moonlight.


“Funny seeing you here.” A familiar female voice said at his side.


He looked up, not even caring to hide the angry tears sliding down his face. “Oh…Hey Emma…” He said, suddenly self-conscious of himself and turned away wiping his face so that she wouldn’t see.


Emma sat down next to him and tentatively placed a hand on his shoulder, “Is everything all right?” She asked, her voice and expression full of concern.


Nick shook his head in response. “Just been rough lately that’s all.” He said, hoping she’d leave him alone to sulk.


“Maybe you should talk about it then?” She offered.


He looked over at her seeing genuine concern written all over her face and sighed. This was going to be a long talk.

End Notes:
wow! another chapter! I'd love to hear what you think as always r&r!!!
Chapter 12: Pink Or Blue by Teri
Author's Notes:
YAY! finally finished chapter 12! Seems I get my best writing done at like 1am? LOL strange. I'm sitting here listening to XM radio and the 90s channel and some of the boys music came on and well it made me giggle and want to update so YAY here ya'll go! As always R&R!!
Chapter Twelve: Pink or Blue

“I just, he drives me absolutely mad. First he’s all self-conscious about his weight and then he gets mad at me for asking for advice from MY friends, who know him and love him too!”

“Maybe he just didn’t want to be vulnerable to them? I mean Les is the same way, she doesn’t realize how beautiful she is.” Mike explained.

Alyssa sighed, “But it’s not fair, he just dumps all of his emotions on me and then what the hell am I supposed to do? I get advice on how to deal with it and if it’s a good idea to encourage him you know?”

Mike nodded fully understanding what she was talking about. “You’ve known Nick and Les how long now?”

“Leslie for almost 12 years now, Nick for almost 11.”

“So…use your vast knowledge about them. He’s really self-conscious because he’s in the business Les is even worse because she’s a girl. It’s not your fault that you aren’t quite sure how to deal with Nick being insecure. I mean it took Les a looonnnnggg time to open up to me. This is a good thing he wants you to understand how he’s feeling because he trusts you.”

Meanwhile…

“I mean how can I trust her she goes and tells my shit to her friends.”

Emma chewed on her lip momentarily wondering if she should say it or not, “So aren’t you doing the same thing with me? I mean you’re trying to get advice and that’s all she was trying to do.”

Nick looked at her his brow furrowed in frustration then put his head in his hands, “God I’m such an IDIOT!”

Emma chuckled a little, “You’re not an idiot, just a guy. And she’s pregnant and emotional right needs validation so she doesn’t think she’s crazy for thinking the way she does.” She explained with an air of confidence.

“How do you know?”

“I can just tell I guess, Alyssa loves you, and you obviously love her. So go tell her. Tell her that you’re lucky to have someone that worries about you the way she does. And that you’re sorry for getting upset and saying things you didn’t mean.”

“But I’m not sorry for being upset, I don’t like her telling her friends that she thinks…that I’m insecure.”

“I know but seriously think about it, she’s going through the same thing you are, she’s insecure right now because you’re insecure. And if you don’t trust in each other then why even bother with a relationship? You can’t have a loving, lasting relationship without trust. So tell her that maybe she should talk it out with you or just not tell you next time she talks to the girls so you don’t have to worry about her telling them?” Emma offered.

Nick looked at her locking eyes for a moment then he gave her a long look her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail and she looked like she was wearing sweats for jogging. But, at the same time she looked completely attractive. He turned away and stood up sharply. “I should go talk to her. Thanks for listening.” He said fiddling with his keys and sidekick.

“Anytime, here’s my number you ever need a friend just call okay?” She said taking his phone and programmed her number into it.

“Will do thanks Emma.” He replied taking his sidekick back.

“I mean it, sometimes you just need a good friend who’ll listen.”

He grinned and nodded before turning and walking back up to his truck.

Back at the house…

“You know he loves you Ali, come on now he’s just scared I bet. Les gets like that ALL the time. She’s always second-guessing herself, unless it’s related to music. And I’m betting Nick’s the same way. They’re more alike than either them or us would like to think.” He reasoned with a sympathetic grin.

Alyssa sighed and looked around the room noticing Leslie’s things around it and how it had changed from when she had lived inside these four walls. “I miss this room sometimes…” She began. “This place was my sanctuary in college I miss it a lot and the independence it represented.”

Mike looked at her oddly for a second. “What do you mean?”

“This room was my escape from Nick and how I felt about him back then…I’d just come in here and hole up for hours just trying to avoid seeing him.” She explained getting a guilty look on her face. “I know it sounds so terrible but I miss it sometimes, being able to be alone. It’s almost like we’re around each other too much.”

Mike sighed a little unsure how to broach the subject, “So talk to him about it. I’m sure he’d understand that you just want some semblance of your independence.”

Alyssa nodded in response taking everything he said in, letting her brain digest it. “Thank you…I’m glad I was able to talk to you about this.”

“No prob, hey take the room tonight, Les and I will sleep on the couch.”

“No I couldn’t do that, you’re a guest. But I am kind of tired, would you mind if I napped a little?”

“Nah not at all it’s your house.” Mike assured.

Alyssa nodded and got into the bed curling up like she used to, instead of her familiar scent on her pillows they smelled like Leslie’s fruity shampoo. She sighed to herself as she drifted off to sleep. Some things really do change.

Mike smiled to himself and turned down the lights going downstairs seeing Leslie walk in. “Hey baby!” She shrieked giving him a hug.

He laughed and hugged her back, “You missed a pretty blow out fight between Nick and Ali.”

“They fought? They rarely ever fight, when they do it’s over in five seconds.” She explained giggling a little at how funny they were.

Mike sighed and went over to the fridge, “Not this time, she’s asleep up in our room, and he took off to God knows where, he seemed pretty pissed off.”

Leslie rolled her eyes, “He’ll be back…” She replied just as the front door opened and Layla took off to the front door having spotted him. “See!”

Nick grinned as Layla ran up to him; he rubbed her head and greeted her seeing Mike eyeing him. He walked into the kitchen seeing Leslie and Mike standing there. “What?” He asked gruffly not liking the looks they were giving him.

Leslie grinned and patted Nick on the shoulder and walked out giving Mike a moment to talk to him alone. “I heard you two earlier, the fight…”

“What of it?” Nick asked grabbing a glass and pouring some water for himself and drinking some then sighing as he swallowed the liquid.

“Man I realize you’re angry at her but she didn’t do anything wrong, she was just making sure that she wasn’t being insensitive to your feelings. Have you ever thought that she maybe afraid she’s not enough for you?”

“No, I mean it’s just she drives me nuts. She tells the girls everything about our relationship and it’s just I want our relationship to be just us not everyone else.”

“But she goes to them because she trusts them and wants their advice on how to keep your relationship alive. She loves you, and you need to appreciate that.”

“Spare the lecture, okay?” Nick retorted and left the kitchen all he wanted was to just curl up in bed with Alyssa and forget the entire fight had happened at all. His talk with Emma had helped him see that he was wrong in the situation that all she wanted was just an opinion, nothing more.

Mike sighed and went after him, “She’s asleep in mine and Les’s room.”

Nick turned and looked at him giving him an appreciative nod, “Thanks for caring, though, it means a lot to both of us.” He added before going up the stairs to what was once Alyssa’s room. He walked in seeing her sleeping form beneath the covers. He walked over and pulled the covers back seeing her in the same pajamas as earlier. Slowly and gently he leaned down snaking one arm under her back and the other hooked under her knees. She stirred slightly as he lifted her up to him. “Shhh, it’s okay.” He said as she instinctively wrapped her arms around his shoulders and snuggled her face into the crook of his neck. He carried her past Mike and Leslie they grinned at them while he took her to their bedroom. Leslie ran up opening the door for him since he didn’t exactly have a free hand. “Thanks…” He muttered as he carried her into the room bringing her over to their bed well aware the cameras were watching his every move. He laid her sleeping form on the bed, lifted her legs and covered her in the sheets. He glanced to the door seeing Leslie standing there with a grin on her face.

“Are you two going to be okay?” Leslie asked her voice full concern.

Nick nodded and walked over giving her a hug, “Thank you…for you know being my sister.”

Leslie gave him an odd look and then looked past to see Alyssa’s sleeping body in the bed and grinned, if it weren’t for her Nick never would have met Alyssa, and somehow that gave her some sort of satisfaction that she’d aided in finding her brother some semblance of happiness. “Welcome anytime.”

Nick walked back into the room closing the door behind him after bidding everyone good night. As he shut out the lights he heard a light moan emanate from Alyssa as she turned to his side of the bed putting her arm out searching for him only to wake up when she found an empty space on the bed. She opened her eyes and looked around, “Nick?” She said sleepily.

He sighed a little hoping to spare this talk for the morning, “Right here…” He said sitting on the bed with his back turned as he slipped off his shirt and jeans.

Alyssa moved to sit behind him and wrapped her arms around his chest and shoulders and kissed his neck. “I’m sorry. I love you.”

At that exact moment all of his anger dissipated and he held her to him. “I love you too, I’m sorry for yelling baby.” He said turning to her and brushed her hair out of her eyes.

She grinned and kissed the inside of his palm, “Can I make it up to you?” She asked getting a devilish yet sleepy grin.

He grinned at her figuring that she wanted to get to the making up part of the fight that they both seemed to enjoy so much. “Not tonight, you’re tired, you’ll fall asleep on me.”

“No I won’t I can….” She began slipping her fingers underneath the waistband of his boxers wrapping her fingers around him as she leaned in and kissed along his jaw line. “Make you feel better…” She said barely suppressing a yawn.

He chuckled and moaned slightly at her touch. “Sugar, it’s okay, make it up to me when you have more energy to okay? Besides we have an appointment in the morning.”

Alyssa sighed and reluctantly took her hands away from him, “Can you hold me while 'til I fall asleep?” She asked in a meek little voice.

Nick smiled and moved her body and his to lay down pressing his chest against her back, spooning her then kissing her bare shoulder. “You don’t even have to ask.”

The next morning…

Alyssa stirred slowly somehow during the night she had turned and was now facing Nick who was already wide-awake and watching her sleep. She opened her eyes and sighed, “Morning…” She said flatly. “When did you get back?”

“Late last night, I carried you in from your old room, and we talked for a minute.”

Alyssa looked at him strangely, “I don’t remember that.”

“I figured you wouldn’t you were pretty out of it, even wanted to skip the end of the fight and go straight to makeup sex, but you were so tired I made you sleep.”

“So that really happened?” She asked rubbing her eyes. “I thought I dreamt that.”

He snorted a little at her, “Must have been a nightmare for you.” He replied sarcastically.

Alyssa punched his shoulder making him wince. “Pussy.”

He rolled his eyes and pinched her arm making hr shriek, “See not nice is it?”

Alyssa moved in closer to him with an innocent yet devious look on her face, “Neither is this…” She replied rubbing her hand over the growing bulge in his boxers.

He groaned and pulled her body to him by her ass then drug his fingers along the growing expanse of her tummy and then under her panties searching out her center as her hand found its way inside his boxers moving over him while her lips attacked his neck. “So how about that makeup sex?” Nick whispered rolling them over so she would be on top.

She straddled his waist looking down at him with her trademark smile then began sliding herself back over him to where she was sitting on his thighs lifting up only to slip off his boxers. Alyssa grinned at him as he watched her every move. She chuckled and pushed her hair behind her ear with one hand as she trailed the other down his stomach and over him making him suck in a breath. “You want me?” She asked with a devilish grin.

“Alyssa…” Nick stated sternly hoping to urge her to get on with it.

At that moment she chuckled then out of the corner of her eye caught the time on the clock. “Fuck!” She shrieked getting up and off the bed.

Nick lay there for a moment completely naked contemplating what exactly just happened. “Ali what the fuck? This is not funny.” He said getting up and putting on a fresh pair of boxers as well as his cargo pants and a tee shirt.

Alyssa came out of the bathroom with a toothbrush lodged in her mouth. “We have the appointment!” She said incoherently.

“Try saying that without the toothbrush.” He retorted having not understood a word she said.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and walked back into the bathroom taking out her toothbrush and spitting in the sink. “We’re going to be late, I have a sonogram today!” She shrieked as he walked into the bathroom.

Nick sighed and wrapped his arms around her from behind, “No makeup sex then?”

Alyssa turned in his embrace and pressed her lips to his. Deepening the kiss he pushed her back against the counter bringing his hands underneath her shirt up her ribs to her breasts massaging them making her moan into the kiss then push him away. “Nick, come on we’re going to find out the sex of the baby today!”

He groaned, “So? I really just want to…” He began but was interrupted by the hurt look on Alyssa’s face.

“You don’t care?”

“No it’s not that, its just I want to be with my fiancé. I want to have crazy wild makeup sex after the fight we had last night.”

Alyssa grinned knowing that it must be torture to have what could be completely amazing sex dangled in front of him then snatched away. “I’m sorry, but we need to go to this appointment, it’s important…however…if you’re good and go with me, without complaining once…”

“What?”

She inched closer to him placing both hands on his shoulders, “You can do whatever you want to me…however you want.” She replied moving her hands down his shoulders to his chest.

Nick’s mouth went dry momentarily and he swallowed hard, “Anything?”

She moved closer leaving their lips less than an inch apart, “Anything your dirty mind can come up with…handcuffs, role playing, you want head…you’re going to get the best head of your life.” She replied hoping that would convince him even further.

“The best?”

Alyssa chuckled and licked her lips for added effect, “Yes, but you have to behave until then, but tonight…I’m yours for the taking, master…” She said before slipping past him going back into the bedroom to get dressed.

About twenty minutes later both Alyssa and Nick walked down the stairs gathering their things to leave. Nick stopped in the driveway contemplating his ability to concentrate on the road. Ever since her little proposition he couldn’t quite get the image of her lying naked on their bed ready and willing to do anything and everything he pleased. “Umm…maybe you should drive…” Nick remarked handing Alyssa the keys to his BMW.

Alyssa looked at him strangely seeing the look of complete and utter longing. “I’m sorry baby…it’s only a few hours then we can be alone.”

“Yeah…can’t think…straight…you…drive.” He muttered going over to the passenger side.

Alyssa chewed the inside of her cheek, she felt horrible for him but at the same time, it was just as hard for her if not worse, she wanted him more and more all the time it seemed, maybe it was because of the pregnancy hormones or maybe it was because they hadn’t been having sex quite as often anymore. She started the car and watched him out of the corner of her eye as they left the neighborhood. She wondered what he was thinking about, what she could expect that night. She knew to never expect anything with Nick that he always surprised her and that this would definitely be no exception. She felt her heartbeat increase rapidly just at the thought of all the possibilities that might be running through that head of his.

An hour later…

“Hi, Alyssa, Nick…” Dr. Petrarch said brightly as she walked into the examination room. “How are you today Alyssa?”

“Good, little tired from work and a rough night but other than that I’m good.”

Dr. Petrarch smiled, “Nick how’s everything with you? Holding up well?”

Nick shrugged, “It’s been rough, especially the mood swings it’s been wreaking havoc on our sex life.”

“It has not!” Alyssa exclaimed.

“Yes it has, explain this morning, we’re all ready to have sex and then you like flip the switch and start getting ready for this appointment.”

“We would have been late if I hadn’t.”

Dr. Petrarch smiled a little. “Well Nick it’s normal for this to happen, try and set a time each day where you spend at least one hour being alone together, and the sex will happen naturally.”

Alyssa chewed her lip momentarily, “Okay about that, what positions are the safest? I mean everything is sort of awkward now that I’m really starting to show.”

“Well I suggest anything that makes you feel comfortable, missionary a lot of times is uncomfortable because of the pressure on your stomach. If you have some privacy make Nick stand instead, gives you a little breathing room.”

“What if I want to be that close to her though?” Nick asked not wanting their sex life to become just about physical needs. Deep down, as much as he didn’t want to admit it but intimacy between them, their emotional connection was becoming more and more important as time went on.

“In that case reverse cowboy in front of a mirror. It’ll allow you two to still be able to look at each other but also provide the most comfort for you Alyssa. Anyways, lets get started.” She said having Alyssa lie back as she got everything ready and began the ultrasound. Alyssa took Nick’s hand preparing them to find out the sex of their baby. “All right, heart beat is still a little irregular but strong. Here’s the head, torso, arms and legs.”

“Wait is that…?” Alyssa asked squinting at the screen.

Dr. Petrarch smiled, “Congratulations you’re having a boy.”

“A boy?” Nick asked getting a giant grin on his face. He knew he’d said he wanted a daughter originally but then all the things he could teach him…his son…sports, music, how to treat women right. He just hoped he’d be healthy enough to do so.

Later that day…

Nick sighed as he walked up to the Barnes and Noble. He’d promised Alyssa he’d pick up a book she’d put on reserve. But at the same time he wanted to do a little shopping himself. He walked in going over to the self-improvement section picking up a book on nutrition. Earlier in the day he resolved to make himself better, health-wise and really prepare himself for fatherhood. He grabbed a bunch of different books from the shelf and then went to the pregnancy section. He cracked open a couple books and sat on the floor reading through the various things deciding on which books would give him the best information.

“Can I help you?” He heard a voice say from behind him. He looked up seeing Alyssa’s student, Lindsay standing there.

“Oh hey…Lindsay right? You’re one of Alyssa’s students.” He said standing up smiling at her.

“Yep, that’d be me Lindsay Barnes.” She replied making Nick snicker-snort.

“Lindsay Barnes? Who works in a Barnes and Noble?”

Lindsay rolled her eyes, “Yeah shut up I get that all the time from my coworkers. It’s worse that I’m a lit major. So what brings you here?”

“Alyssa wanted me to get her a book she put on reserve. But don’t tell her I’m doing a little extra shopping too.”

“Pregnancy and nutrition?” She said scanning the titles. “So it’s true she’s pregnant?”

“Reading the message boards?” He teased mocking a terrified look. “Hope not on LD.”

“Oh hell no those girls are psychotic! I prefer some yahoo groups and the official fan sites.” Lindsay countered making him grin.

“I like you, you’re not…”

“Crazy psycho fan? No sorry, I like to think you guys like to be human but others think of that as a secret identity like Clark Kent and Superman.” She replied making Nick wrinkle his nose at the mention of Superman. “Oh shit, I’m sorry totally forgot, the whole Brandon thing.”

“What do you know about the Brandon thing?”

“That he tried to break you two up. Almost succeeded from what Ali told me.” She said giving him a sympathetic look.

“Yeah…but I love her and she loves me.”

“And now you’re having a baby and engaged it’s really romantic I think.”

He grinned and picked up the books following her over to the line of cash registers. Lindsay ducked behind the desk searching for Alyssa’s book. A moment later she popped back up grinning at him and rang up all the books. He glanced at her noticing how much she reminded him of Alyssa, and at the same time his best friend Chris, the same sense of humor and good nature. “You remind me a lot of my friend Chris…”

“Chris? Really? Seems like he’s well…”

Nick sighed he felt bad in a lot of ways that his friends were perceived a certain way because they were always out drinking together. “He’s not, I know how certain people think about my friends and Chris is a good friend, he’s had my back through a lot of crap.”

Lindsay grinned, “That’s good to hear, LA totally sucks because you can never tell who your real friends are.”

“Seriously I’ve had my fill of fake people.” He said taking the two large bags filled with books.

“I bet, but hey tell Ali I said hi and that I’m looking forward to her lecture next week.”

He grinned and nodded, “Will do. Have a good afternoon.”

“You too!” She grinned back as he left.

Nick arrived home about 20 minutes later sneaking the two large bags up to their bedroom and stuffed them into his closet. Moments later he took her book and laid it on the bar as he walked into the kitchen smiling as she checked on the chicken cacciatore she’d been making while he was gone. “You didn’t tell me Lindsay works at Barnes and Noble.”

Alyssa looked up and giggled, “Yeah I ribbed on her for her last name. She really knows her shit though. She graduates after my class. But she’s going to grad school this fall so I thought maybe taking her on as a TA.”

“Sounds cool, she reminds me of Chris.”

“Chris? Hmmm yeah, she’s got an odd sense of humor like him.” She replied leaning up giving him a short but sweet kiss. “I missed you.”

He grinned more and dropped a kiss to her bare shoulder. “You’re adorable. So adorable perhaps I can persuade you for a little alone time tonight?”

“Alone time?”

“Yeah you, me, alone our bedroom…”

“Oooh is there a possibility of little to no clothing?” She countered making him chuckle.

“I think clothes aren’t really an option…” Alyssa giggled and leaned in for another kiss but just as their lips met the doorbell rang. Nick sighed and announced he’d get it. He went to the door seeing an all too familiar blonde head of hair through the peephole. He flung the door open with a disapproving glare. “Hi Mom…”

Chapter 13: Happy First Birthday Jamie!! by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone! wow it's good to be back with a new chapter! hehe wasn't that long but still. I've been outlining the rest of the series. (read: Prequels) Originally I had one LLLOOOONNNGGG prequel planned. I decided to cut it in two just cuz yeah I'm insane. But the first prequel is all outlined as well as AS which I think is going to be the longest in the series. There's lots and lots of drama and fun to come. So I hope you stay tuned! And as always read and review!!
Chapter Thirteen: Happy First Birthday Jamie!



*********************************
Nick Narrating:



My mother has the absolute worst timing on the face of the mother-fucking planet. Ugh just as Alyssa and I are good again she comes in and disrupts all the harmony that we worked really hard to build in the house. Naturally Alyssa, ever the polite hostess invited her to sit with us for dinner. Even though Alyssa may be royally pissed off at her it doesn’t mean that she’s going to be completely rude and shut her out, especially with the cameras around. Alyssa was completely classy and calm throughout the whole dinner.



My siblings on the other hand…



That’s another story. First Aaron was furious that Mom was there at all. He has a horrible relationship with her. Worse than mine ever was. Aaron chose Dad’s side when they divorced. Thank God Kaci was there to keep his anger at bay. But that didn’t stop him from the occasional and often snide comment. Leslie…she sat and tried to talk to Mom, showing genuine interest which only back fired onto her. Every other statement was about how irresponsible our father is, how his attitudes have warped us into thinking that marriage at a young age is a good idea.



Then I of course chime in with “if anything you and Dad deterred us from marriage longer than a normal family” which ugh I shouldn’t have said because all it did was make the situation worse. Bobbie started drinking; somehow she found the key to the bar and cracked open a bottle of wine, which at one point was drinking from the bottle. Angel sat and sulked the entire time not saying a word.



It drove me insane, we’d gotten to the point to where family dinner was a time where we’d enjoy each other’s company, Bobbie was doing better, Angel was actually expressing emotion. Aaron wasn’t so angry all the time, and Leslie laughed and had fun for once. And, ever since my mother has stepped foot inside my home, all that harmony we worked so hard to build has completely dissolved. I love my siblings, more than anything in this world, and so for them to regress so quickly just because of one person it really hurts me.



Speaking of pain…



The whole fight with Alyssa.... It seems like we’ve been fighting so much lately. More so than we ever have before, it’s really starting to worry me. But then again maybe it’s just pregnancy hormones making her extra touchy lately. I mean yeah I have a whole host of insecurities and her talking with Lori and Kel got to me. I don’t like having people know that I’m really self-conscious. I don’t work twice as hard when I’m in interviews and on stage to have confidence for them to see that it’s all an act. Alyssa is really the only one that I want to see my vulnerable side. I trust her, love her and it just drove me crazy that she went and shared it with them.



But then again…talking with Emma it was really the same thing. She helped, a lot more than I think I’d like to admit. She’s a good person, granted she’s absolutely beautiful but…I won’t go after her, it would completely break Alyssa’s heart and mine as well. I know she’s always afraid that I will cheat on her. And personally I’m afraid I will too.



I think that’s a big reason why I’ve been dying for sex lately. It seems like family is always interrupting us, by over wrought emotions, insecurities. But all I want is to just be with her, close to her. Our intimacy has been waning a lot lately and I miss it, crave it. It’s gotten to the point where I’m almost completely desperate for it. Intimacy, not so much the emotional connection but the physical as well, is what matters so much to me. I’ve always been a person that craves touch, it’s stupid I know but touch is the best of all five senses, to be able to feel, objects, people to me it provides a comfort that not many people can really understand. I mean think about it, the person you love, who you’ve given your heart to, just laying there with you nothing separating you, clothing, insecurities, all you need is to show that person how much you love them and hope that they return it as well. Granted, I’ve had my fair share of meaningless sex over the course of my life. But sex with love, raw, real emotion with it is just completely amazing.



And hopefully that’s what I want tonight with her, just a completely intimate time with her that we both need right now.



End Narration.
********************************************



Nick sighed a little as he stripped down to his boxers and a tee shirt going into the bathroom brushing his teeth. He stood there for a moment looking at his growing scruff on his neck. Alyssa walked up behind him and kissed his shoulder. “So we’re alone…” She stated moving to lean on the counter and move her hand from his forearm to the front of his boxer shorts.



“Whoa slow down there.” He said pushing her back into their bedroom and backing her up to their bed. “I’ve been dying for this, so it’s got to be good.”



Alyssa cocked an eyebrow at him, “Oh it’s always good.” She replied pushing him to sit on the bed.



Nick chuckled and let her take his shirt off. “But I mean I want this to be special…”



“Is it an anniversary I don’t know about?”



Nick sighed and pushed her to lie on her side on the bed trailing his hand on her shoulder then down to her side. “No, it’s just been awhile and I miss being near you.”



Alyssa’s expression softened and she pulled him close, “So what are you waiting for? I miss you too you know.”



Meanwhile…



“Hey Mom, take mine and Mike’s room for tonight we’ll stay down here.” Leslie suggested smiling at her mom.



Jane grinned, “Thank you sweetheart” She replied accepting her offer.



“Beware though you share a bathroom with Nick and Ali so I warn you knock before going in there at all.” Mike warned making Leslie slap his leg.



Jane’s brow furrowed momentarily then went upstairs shaking her head.



Once she left the room Leslie smacked his shoulder, “Just great baby give her ammunition to hate Ali.”



“What? She loves Alyssa I thought?”



“Noooo, she’s tolerant of Alyssa. She liked Ali only when Nick and I were friends with her. The second Nick showed the slightest interest in her beyond friendship even though he didn’t act on it for years she still started to hate on her because anyone Nick’s attracted to is somehow dirty and unclean to her.”



“Well let’s hope they don’t fuck around tonight then.” Mike said as he pulled her to him on the couch making her snicker.



Back upstairs…



Alyssa kissed her way back up his chest smirking at his flushed face and chest. “Told you it’s always good.”



He flipped them over and spread her legs rising up on his elbows. He knew it’d be a little awkward with her expanding stomach between them but he needed to be close to her. Alyssa cried out as he entered her. He threw his head back and sighed in relief. He watched her eyes as he began to move in and out of her. Her brow furrowed as she grimaced in discomfort.



“Nick…stop…”



“What’s wrong?” He asked stilling his movements.



She sighed and pushed him away from her. “It’s uncomfortable, can we change it up?”



A little disappointed but undeterred he let her position them as best as she could. She made him lay down and she faced away from him and sank down onto him rotating her hips slowly. He sat up hugging her from behind as she moved faster over him. He sighed he wanted to see her face, look in her eyes. “Alyssa…uhh wait…”



Alyssa stopped and looked at him over her shoulder. “What lover?”



“This isn’t right I want to…look at you…” He said as she moved away from him making them both groan. He stood up and took her hand leading her into the bathroom standing her in front of the wall length mirror. Thinking momentarily he went and locked both bathroom doors just in case. He moved back behind her and she smirked at him.



She placed her hands on the edge of the counter distancing them just enough so her tummy wouldn’t have any undue pressure on it. He pulled her hips towards his and swished her hair over her shoulder exposing her neck to him. He leaned over kissing along it sinking his teeth in her skin as he entered making her moan rather loudly. She looked up into the mirror catching his stare for a moment as he began to move again.



Meanwhile Jane turned down the sheets on the bed but stopped hearing the door lock on the bathroom door then heard muffled voices and sounds emanating from the other side of the door. What they were exactly, she couldn’t tell. Curiously she walked over putting her ear to the door wondering what exactly was going on. At the exact same moment Nick slid back almost all the way causing Alyssa to contract her muscles around him making him cry out, "Oh, fuck Lissa you feel so fucking tight."



Alyssa moaned and threw her head back replying, “Harder…oh God…fuck me harder.”



Jane backed away from the door completely scandalized and quite frankly disgusted at what she just heard. She shook her head and turned out the lights in the room lying down, a plan forming in her mind.



Back in the bathroom Nick held on tightly to Alyssa’s hips as he moved harder and faster feeling both their releases nearing and their moans grew louder echoing off the tiled walls of the bathroom. Nick moved his hand around the front of her and in-between her thighs making rough circles around her clit. Alyssa screamed feeling her legs begin to shake as her felt her release begin to wash over her. Hearing her let go made him do the same as he came with a rather loud growl slumping against her back in a sweaty exhausted heap. Alyssa looked up seeing him resting his forehead against the crook of her neck and giggled at him.



“What’s so funny?” He asked looking up momentarily as he pulled out of her gently as he could both of them.



“Nothing, just we finally got makeup sex.” She replied giggling harder.



He laughed and pulled her naked body to his kissing her, “Let’s take a shower and go to bed.”



“Sounds like a plan to me.”



At the same time Jane pulled the pillow over her head trying in vain to get some sleep, but the light from underneath the bathroom door combined with Nick and Alyssa’s noises were keeping her awake making her none too pleased with either her son or future daughter-in-law.



The next morning…



Alyssa bounded down the stairs with a large grin on her face. For the first time in weeks she was truly happy. She stopped for a moment seeing Mike and Leslie waking up slowly. “Hey did you two sleep down here?”



Leslie looked up seeing Alyssa standing there in shorts and a maternity shirt. “Yeah we gave Mom the room last night, you know to be polite.”



Alyssa’s eyes grew wide momentarily and she walked into the kitchen silently telling herself not to freak out as she began to make breakfast for everyone. As time passed she forgot all about the possibility of Jane overhearing their makeup session while she cooked.



Jane walked in about ten minutes later seeing Alyssa grinning as she flipped a pancake over and plated some bacon and eggs for everyone. “You’re very happy this morning.”



Alyssa looked up and grinned, “Yep, how many pancakes would you like?”



“I’ll just have some coffee.”



“Are you sure? I made plenty of food.”



“No really thank you though, I just need to wake up…” Jane reassured.



“You didn’t sleep well?” She asked as fear began to rise within her. The worst thing in the world for Alyssa would be for Jane to say something about the night before. Somehow Jane seemed to see right through Alyssa’s seemingly calm exterior.



“No I didn’t sleep well at all. You know Alyssa, I realize my son’s a grown man and has certain physical needs, but I think it’s rude to satisfy those needs so loudly and openly when you have guests in the house.” She replied pouring herself a cup of coffee.



Alyssa’s face flushed in embarrassment, “Well I’m sorry you had to hear that Jane, but it is our house after all. And I don’t think it’s polite to pass judgment on what my fiancé and I do in private.”



Jane smirked at her defiance; it was exactly what she’d hoped Alyssa would say. “It’s truly no wonder why you’re in your…condition…you can’t even keep it in your pants when your fiancé’s mother is attempting to sleep in the next room. Now I see why he’d want to marry you…” She said with a sickeningly sweet grin as she left the room.



Alyssa huffed completely appalled and embarrassed by the whole thing. She set out everything on the table and called everyone down for breakfast.



*********************************
Alyssa Narrating:



I cannot believe her. God how embarrassing…



I can’t begin to even fathom how much that embarrassed me. Granted it’s our house, we’re expected to have sex in our own home, in our own bathroom. I won’t apologize for our sex life. It’s been a little hectic lately and being pregnant is really hard with working and being apart a lot. So when we do have a chance to have sex, the goddamnit I’ll take it. But as long as Jane is in my home then there’s no way.



Call me hypocritical, call me a prude but I can’t help it. What if she fucking tapes us and sells it to the tabloids? Fuck that would ruin my career; it would ruin Nick’s. He’s finally getting his career exactly the way he wants it, with recording a new Backstreet album and his record label and investing his money so we’ll have something for our children to help them get through college and life.



And now…knowing that we’re having a son I’m more determined now more than ever to be a good mother. I don’t want the same relationship with my son that Nick has with his mother. Honestly if I had known the bullshit that Nick and his siblings grew up with I would have never been so kind to Jane over the years as I have.



I understand that Nick wants a relationship with her, now more than ever because he’s going to be a father. But what she said to me, dear God that was insulting. I wanted to say so many things to her. But knowing her all she’d ever do would be to let it come back to bite me in the ass. So I’m just biding my time.



Waiting…



Waiting for her to put herself in her own compromising situation to the point where Nick gives up on her. I know it sounds completely vindictive but I’m just going to let her screw herself over. If she wants to play it this way then I’m going to double back and make her actions come back to bite her in the ass.



I just hope it doesn’t encourage her to do something really horrible.



I’m so happy though. My nephew is a year old now. He’s the absolute cutest kid. He’s always so happy and rarely ever cries unless there’s something really wrong. He’s going to be big and strong just like Clark, but smart and cute just like Lori. Not to say Clark isn’t intelligent he definitely is. I blame our parents for making three brilliant children. Both of them always read to us, talked to us. Helped us in anyway they could with our development. And that’s exactly what I hope to do with our little one. A son… how amazing is that. I hope he looks just like his father. I know sounds cheesy and stupid but I do really hope he does. Same blue eyes, same smile… the little one would be such a heart breaker!! But then again knowing my luck he’ll look exactly like me. Green eyes and brunette hair. Not to say that it’d be wrong but I’d love to have a little clone of Nick, teach him sports and things about life. Keep away from all things in the industry of course but if he’s anything like his father, he’ll have a natural talent for it.



The more and more I think about it, the more and more excited I get to become a mother.



And really that’s just the coolest part.



End Narration.
*********************************



“So we’ve got cake, napkins plates, balloons, presents…what else do we need?” Lori asked marking things off her checklist.



“Hmm a stick removal kit?” Alyssa retorted with a grin. Lori looked at her strangely for a moment as she continued, “You know for the giant stick up your ass!”



Lori wrinkled her nose throwing her pen at Alyssa, “What’s eating you?”



“Apparently not Nick…” Kellie added with a laugh.



“Fuck the both of you.” Alyssa retorted snidely. “And for your information Nick and I haven’t been having much sex lately.”



“Why? You two aren’t called Lola and Bugs for nothing?” Kellie giggled.



Alyssa sighed, “Well we had a fight and got delayed on the makeup sex. Which was fucking fabulous by the way. But then the next morning Jane fucking ruins it because apparently she heard us fucking.”



“So she should be proud of her son, he can please a woman.” Lori suggested as they made their way out of the store with their several bags of party supplies.



Alyssa snickered, “Yeah but this is Jane we’re talking about. She made me feel like a whore.”



Lori’s expression softened. “I’m sorry sweetie, did you talk to Nick about it?”



“No not yet, I’m afraid to, he might even take her side.”



“Well let’s not focus on crazy Jane and focus on today, it’s Jamie’s birthday so let’s go set up and get his party going.”



Meanwhile…



Nick and Leslie both smiled at each other as they walked around the gym heading to the locker rooms completely exhausted but happy with their work outs. “Thanks for coming with me.”



“You’re welcome. I had fun today with you.”



“You did?”



“Yeah, we should start doing this regularly. I know you said you wanted to get a personal trainer but I think on the days you don’t meet with the trainer that you and I could go work out together, you know bond?” Leslie explained making him grin at her.



He nodded and ruffled her hair, “Sounds like a plan to me.” He replied as the split off going into the locker rooms to shower and change. He felt really happy that she decided to come with him. It seemed like he had more and more in common with her everyday. Music, insecurities…they shared a lot more than he wanted to admit. After they finished in the locker rooms they walked out to his car. “I am pretty glad you came with me too. We don’t hang out enough.”



“I agree, you’re my brother and I hardly ever see you.”



“Yeah and are you coming this afternoon? Jamie’s party?”



Leslie grinned, “Hell yeah it’ll be cool, the other siblings are coming too. I’m glad that Mom doesn’t know about it and wasn’t invited. We need a break from her occasionally.”



“Yeah I know, becoming a parent makes you realize that what kind of parent you want to be and see through the mistakes of your own parents.”



She grinned as they drove over to the house. They got out and walked in seeing Jane sitting on the couch reading. “Hey Mom.”



“Hey how was your day?”



“Good, we went and worked out.”



“Oh that’s good, where’s Alyssa?” She asked a little curious as to where she was.



“She’s helping the girls with Jamie’s party.”



“Jamie, Alyssa’s father I thought he died?”



Nick sighed and shook his head, “No not that Jamie, Lori has a son with Clark, Alyssa’s brother and it’s his first birthday, Les and I were invited.”



“Oh…” Jane said getting a hurt expression on her face.



“Mom don’t start, it’s up to Lori and Clark who they invite, the other siblings couldn’t make it because of work, and I’m Jamie’s uncle I’m not missing just because you’re upset you weren’t invited.”



“No I know, it’s just you guys are never home.”



“Well Mom what did you expect we all work for a living. If I’m not here I’m recording, or spending time with my friends or the guys.”



“Yeah I know but I came to visit to spend time with you not to just sit here and do nothing.”



Nick sighed, he really did not want to do this, “Then why don’t you come along to the party? It’s just a barbecue and party for Jamie’s first birthday, the guys and Leighanne and Kristin will be there, Baylee too.”



Jane’s eyes lit up as Leslie rolled her eyes, “Sure thing let me go get dressed.”



That afternoon…



Nick, Leslie and Jane all walked in to Lori and Clark’s LA home smiling. “Hey Lori.” He said giving her a hug.



“Hey Nick! Glad you could make it, your brother ended up coming too.”



“Oh really awesome.” He said smiling, “You remember my Mom.”



“Oh yes hi Jane it’s a pleasure you could make it.” She said politely through near gritted teeth. She knew Alyssa was not going to like this turn of events one bit.



“Where’s Ali?”



“Out back sitting with Kristin, sharing pregnancy stories.”



Nick chuckled and excused himself going out onto the back patio grinning as he saw an open chair next to Alyssa and Kevin and a very pregnant Kristin sitting across from her. Alyssa looked up and grinned as he placed a hand on her tummy and gave her a sweet kiss before sitting down next to her. “So, how’s the pregnancy Kris?”



“Rough, this kid gives me so much heartburn.”



“You know what that means, a full head of hair.”



“Yeah just like his daddy.” Kristin said beaming at Kevin.



Nick grinned at them, “So it’s a boy?”



“Yep, already picked out a name too. Did you guys find out yet?”



Nick nodded, “Looks like history is gonna repeat itself.”



“Why?”



“First born’s a son.” Alyssa finished grinning at him.



Kevin grinned widely at them, “At this rate people are gonna laugh and ask if we’re trying to just create a second generation version of the band!” He joked making Nick laugh.



“Oh yeah this one’s gonna come out singing.” He said taking Alyssa’s hand.



Alyssa chuckled then grimaced. “Ouch.”



“What? Did he kick?” Nick asked putting his hand on her stomach.



“You’re not gonna feel it babe he’s using my ribs as monkey bars.”



Kevin and Kristin chuckled at Nick’s excited reaction. “Oh I hate that!” Kristin said grimacing a little. “It’s worse if you eat too fast. One night Kev went out to get me some ice cream and I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s in like 10 minutes. Not only did I have the WORST brain freeze ever but I also had the worst upset stomach.”



“I know, as soon as I got out of the first trimester. I was like ‘goodbye nausea and horrible discomfort hello second trimester’” Alyssa grinned just as Jane walked out to the back patio making Alyssa grimace and elbow Nick.



“What?”



“What is she doing here?” Alyssa whispered.



Nick sighed and kissed her temple, “Because she guilt tripped me into coming.”



Alyssa stood up excusing herself as she made her way into the kitchen hearing two voices arguing.



“No Aaron you had your chance with me and you blew it!”



“Kel I love you, I can’t help it. Please just give me one more chance?”



“No! I’m with Alex now, and I love him. If you loved me you should have told me when we were together. I think you’re just upset because you can’t have me anymore and don’t want to see me happy!” Kellie replied storming out of the laundry room stopping when she saw Alyssa standing there. “Don’t start…” She remarked pushing past her and out to the back yard.



Aaron walked out seeing Alyssa standing there with an angry expression on her face. “Care to share what that was all about?”



“Nothing…I just miss her…”



Alyssa stopped him and made him look at her, “You lost her Aaron, don’t fuck with her head. You have Kaci now so be happy with her and leave Kellie alone.”



“What she’s not happy with AJ.”



“Yes she is. She’s been really happy with him. Don’t ruin her happiness just because you’re emotionally retarded. Now stop being this way, especially when your mother just showed up with Nick and Les.”



Aaron rolled his eyes and grimaced, “Why did he have to bring the wicked witch?”



Alyssa giggled a little at his reference, “Guilt trip, you know how it is.”



“Yeah I certainly do.” They said walking out just as Lori came walking up with the birthday cake as Clark held onto little Jamie.



They sang the birthday song as Jamie giggled in Clark’s arms. Afterwards as Lori dished up the cake Jamie wriggled from his father’s grasp. “NIIICCKK!” He squealed going over and jumping on him.



“Hey little man.”



“How long has he been walking?” Alyssa asked a little astonished that her now one-year-old nephew moved around like a two-year-old.



Lori giggled, “About a month now. And he can talk pretty well, like he’s already repeating half sentences.”



“Wow, that’s like really advanced?”



“Yep we talk to him all the time.”



Jamie giggled and reached out for Alyssa, “Wissa, Wissa?” He asked.



“He’s asking for you babe.” Nick added.



“Aww Honey I can’t pick you up!” She remarked getting a little pouty, “That’s the part I hate about being pregnant I can’t pick up my own nephew!” She added as Nick whispered something to Jamie. Jamie jumped down and went over to his Aunt placing his hand on her pregnant belly.



“Baby?” He asked with a curious smile.



Alyssa grinned and patted his hand. “Yep, there’s a baby in there, your cousin.”



Jamie giggled then placed a kiss on her tummy making Alyssa grin. “You know if this one is as cute as Jamie I think I’m really going to enjoy being a mom.”



“You will, kids are fun as get out.” Lori replied grinning.



Later that night…



Alyssa sighed as she sorted through the laundry. Of all household chores, laundry was most certainly her least favorite. While in the midst of sorting out Nick’s and her whites Nick walked up behind her kissing her neck. “Hey.” She relied flatly staying focused on her task and not his touch.



He rolled his eyes thinking she was going to make him work for it tonight. “I was thinking…” He started placing his hands at her sides. “Maybe we could…you know be alone tonight?”



Alyssa scoffed a little, “Not as long as Sybil is here.”



“What? Why? You didn’t have a problem last night.”



“Yeah and this morning your mother oh so kindly made me feel like a whore.”



Nick made her turn and look at him, “What did she say?”



“She said how she thought it was rude to be fucking when my fiancé’s mother is in the next room, how I shouldn’t in my condition and it’s no wonder how we got pregnant and how easy it is to see why you’d marry me.”



“I don’t think she meant it that way.” Nick reasoned trying to diffuse any possible discourse in the house.



Alyssa huffed and pushed his hands away from her, “Oh yes she did. She made it quite clear that she heard us last night and I’m sorry I just don’t feel comfortable with her here.”



“So what do you want me to do? Kick her out?”



Alyssa sighed a little, “No, but as long as she’s here, no sex.”



“You’re withholding sex because of her?”



“Yes Nick, I’m sorry, and I really want to have sex, I do believe me the pregnancy hormones are on overdrive and all I think about is us getting down but I can’t…what if she tapes us and sells it to the tabloids?”



“She wouldn’t do that…”



“She’s sold you out before she’ll do it again.”



Nick shook his head, he didn’t want to believe that, he couldn’t not when he and his mother were beginning to mend all the damage between them. “No she messed up and she apologized for it. She’s just really strapped right now, without working.”



“Nick she’s remarried, her husband buys her whatever the hell she wants, it’s not up to you. She’s his problem now.”



“Problem? What the hell, you’re the one always telling me that it’s okay to want a relationship with her what’s with the change of heart?”



Alyssa’s jaw tightened, “I don’t want to fight with you, I just don’t trust her, she used to be so accepting of us but now that we’re settling down and starting a family she seems to have flipped the switch.”



Nick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Are you really serious about this no sex thing? Not even a quickie?”



Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Nick you don’t get it do you?! She made me feel like a whore, in my own home. As long as she’s here, no I can’t in good conscience. I love you and I’m dying to be with you but I don’t trust her, not after this morning.”



Nick balled up his fists and closed his eyes as she walked away. That had definitely NOT gone how he had planned at all.

















 

 



 



 



 



 

Chapter 14: Sexual Frustration's A Bitch by Teri

Hey everyone, since the chaper notes don't show up on all the skins I decided to leave ya'll a message here. In future reference it's best to use Crayons or Paint skin to see what little important messages and tidbits I leave for ya. Anyways I am gonna run a poll, what are you thinking of the story so far, what are you looking forward to most? This an extremely dramatic part in the Nick and Ali saga so don't think it's gonna be all sunshine and roses here. But it'll pay off I promise! Anyways please let me know what ya'll think okay! And stay tuned as always Read and Review!

 

Chapter Fourteen: Sexual Frustration’s A Bitch



“So Nick…how’s everything with Alyssa?” Jane asked.


Nick clenched his jaw momentarily it had been two weeks. Two solid weeks since they’d had any semblance of a sex life, and it was beginning to wane on his tolerance of other people. “Fine, would be better if we’d get at least sometime alone together.”


Jane smirked a little, “I’m sure…”


“What the hell is that supposed to mean? I love her Mom, I’m sorry that I love having sex with my fiancée. Jesus Mom you’re the reason why we haven’t. She won’t even touch me now because of what you said to her!”


Jane got a stern look on her face, “What did I say to her?”


“You made her feel like a whore. You made it seem like I’m only marrying her because she lets me fuck her any way I want.”


Jane passed off his comments, “Well she’s nuts for twisting my words like that, all I was saying that I think it’s a little rude to have sex so openly when you have guests.”


Nick rolled his eyes, he could see where Alyssa was coming from but at the same time maybe Jane didn’t mean it the way Alyssa had taken it. “I don’t care Mom, you need to be more careful how you say things to her. She’s pregnant and touchy at the moment so just you know tone it down.”


“Well I’m sorry she took it that way, I’ll talk to her if you want?”


“No it’s fine. She’s just going to get mad at me for talking to you, just do me a favor and stay out of our relationship.”


“Okay. Will do.”


Meanwhile…


Alyssa sighed as she bent and stretched her body finishing the last pose for her pregnancy yoga class. She grinned as she rolled up her yoga mat and stuffed it into her gym bag. “So we’ve seen you here for a few weeks now.” A voice next to her said. Alyssa looked over seeing a very pregnant brunette with a genuine grin.


“Whose we?” Alyssa asked as another pregnant woman materialized around her.


“Hi I’m Trina.” The brunette added, “And this is Melissa.”


“Hi, Alyssa Monroe.” She replied shaking Trina’s and Melissa’s hand.


“Whoa check out the rock, are you married?”


Alyssa grinned at the two of them, “Engaged actually. We got engaged like two weeks before we got pregnant.”


“Impressive” Melissa remarked with a warm grin. “Would you like to come to lunch with us?”


“Sure.” Alyssa replied following them out of the gym “So where would you like to go?”


“I was thinking we should splurge and go to the Ivy!” Melissa suggested.


“Um the Ivy?” Alyssa replied nervously she knew without Nick she wouldn’t have much of a chance of being recognized but it still scared her just a little bit. But the last time she was there it was with Kellie and Lori and she didn’t seem to have much of a problem aside from ending up on Perez Hilton about how she looks fat now that she’s pregnant.


“Sure why not? It’s actually really good food, a bit over priced but excellent.”


“Oh I know, I go there with my friends a lot.”


Melissa and Trina stopped for a moment looking at Alyssa as she approached her Audi. “Are you like loaded or something?” Trina asked.


Alyssa chuckled a bit. “I make good money, yeah but I don’t like to let it define me, the car was a present from my fiancé.”


“Cool we’ll discuss everything at lunch, we’ll meet you there!” Melissa grinned back as they separated and headed off to the restaurant. Alyssa got there first getting the three of them a table on the terrace.


“Wow look at you scoring a table on the terrace of the Ivy?” Trina joked giggling a little.


Alyssa grinned at the two of them. “Yeah, I know a guy.” She joked with a grin.


“So Alyssa what do you do for a living?” Melissa asked. “We’re both teachers at a charter school in East LA.”


“Oh wow, that’s awesome!” Alyssa beamed. “I’m a teacher as well.”


“Oh that’s so cool, you know I hate charter schools personally, it’s just a stepping stone to get where I really want to go.”


“That’s cool, what about you Trina.”


“I’m the technology leader and I teach 5th grade. Hopefully one day once I’m done with my PhD I’ll become and adjunct with a major university. What school do you work at if you don’t mind me asking?” Trina asked as she sipped some of her water.


“UCLA, I’m a professor of Literature and Lit history.” She explained seeing the other two with surprised grins on their faces.


“Well no wonder you make good money you work for the State!” Melissa joked a little.


She grinned in response, “Yeah it pays pretty well, my fiance’s the real money maker.” She replied.


“Oh is he a doctor?”


“Yeah plastic surgeon, marrying him for the discount on surgery!” She joked grinning stupidly.


Both women laughed and Trina replied, “No seriously what does he do?”


Alyssa sighed a little she didn’t really want to get into it that her future husband was a musician let alone a celebrity. “He’s in the industry. He works in the music area.”


“Oh so he’s a musician?”


“Yeah, it’s not really a big deal but he makes good money to support our growing family.”


“First child?”


“Yep definitely.”


“I’m on my second.” Trina admitted proudly. “We have a two-year-old daughter Hannah, and this we’re hoping is a boy.” She said patting her tummy.


Melissa sighed, “This is our first, it’s been a real labor, we had difficulty getting pregnant but James and I did everything we could and now we’re blessed with our first child.”


“That’s really great so I take it you two are married?”


“Yup. Both of us married young right out of college pretty much and we met working together at the school.”


“That’s really cool, I’ve been a little gun shy about getting married but I love Nick, he’s my everything so I’m really glad he chose me to spend the rest of his life with.”


Meanwhile…


“So guys I think we should take a trip.” Dan one of the writers suggested.


Nick’s brow furrowed, “A trip where?” He really didn’t want to be gone for very long, especially with Alyssa nearing the mid-to-late part of the pregnancy.


“Nashville for a month, a writing trip to Gary Baker’s and get you guys away from everything so you can focus on the music.” Dan explained.


Nick sighed a little concerned, “Yeah Alyssa’s going to be pissed, she’s pregnant and my mother’s been staying with us visiting lately so it’s been hard on her.”


AJ rolled his eyes, “Dude can you two unlatch from each other?”


Nick smacked his shoulder, “It’s not like that, we haven’t in two weeks actually.”


“Wow…seriously is there something wrong?”


“My Mother. She made Alyssa feel bad about us wanting some private time, and well we haven’t since because she’s staying with us now.”


“Kick her out, or put her up in a hotel.”


“I know but she’ll get all hurt. And then it’ll just make it worse.”

“Man well maybe you should think outside of the box. Whenever my mom or Leighanne’s mom comes to visit we turn her into a babysitter and I take her out to be alone. Try a picnic or something.” Brian suggested patting his friend on the shoulder.


“That’s a really good idea. Maybe it’ll take the pressure off. It’s been really hectic lately with both of us working and the baby.”


“Yeah but it’s cool you’re having a boy! Do you want him to look like you?”


“I just want him to be healthy, it’d be cool though to have a little version of me running around, but I’d love for him to look like Ali. I’m just excited as all hell.”


Brian grinned at him happy that he was getting a chance at becoming a father. “I’m so happy for you man. But listen you really gotta work with Ali on the romance department, it’s vitally important. Because if you don’t once the baby’s here it will just take more of a toll on your relationship.” Brian explained. “For the first six months after Bay was born we barely slept, barely even saw each other but we learned and we grew stronger for it.”


“Yeah? I’m worried though, we’ve been fighting a lot lately. And I’m just worried it’s going to hurt the baby.”


The boys all grinned at him wondering just exactly when he grew up, “Fighting will put stress on Alyssa and stress will affect the baby, but hopefully this rough patch you two are hitting will get easier.”


Nick nodded in response with purpose for the first time in weeks.


“Did you see the Maxim article?” Brian asked with a Cheshire grin.


“That’s out already?”


“Yep.” Howie nodded and threw a copy on the table. The cover had all the girls lying in a bed together looking up poutily at the camera and in the middle was Alyssa. He flipped to the article inside seeing the title then moved to the first questions for Alyssa, that were right next to her picture of her in a slinky one piece and her hair all done.


So you’re engaged—Do you find it hard to find privacy with the cameras?


“Yes very much so. But we try to focus on each other. It’s difficult with us both working full time but we try our best to keep things feeling like they did before we got engaged.”


You’re a professor at a major university and you’re only 23, how’d you manage that?


(Grins) “Well it definitely was not easy. It took a lot of hard work and dedication to get through school as fast as I did. I made friends with the professors along the way and expressed interest in teaching higher education. They watched me TA and student teach and figured that I’d be a great addition to the department.”


Is it more difficult to date a celebrity and be relatively normal?


“Yes and no. When we first started dating I was scared of his fans. They have a reputation of completely despising whomever he dates. So I made us keep the relationship quiet for like 7 or 8 months.”


“Why were you scared of the fans?”


“Well because I was there, when he was with Amanda [Willa Ford] and they really struggled because of the fans speculation and hatred. After her he kept his relationships relatively quiet but that’s not to say he didn’t have a serious relationship he had several, and a pretty decent string of groupies…and then…”


He dated Paris Hilton.


“Yeah, and I was there through all of it, we were the closest of friends and confidantes. But personally I couldn’t stand her, just by how she treated him. Nick was so happy when he introduced me and her he hoped we could be friends. So I was polite and nice and went to shake her hand and she stuck her nose up at me like because I don’t have gazillions of dollars that I’m some how worthy of being stepped on.”


Is it still a sore spot for him?


“Sometimes, she is the first girl to accuse him of violence against her. Which is complete hogwash, if he ever hit a girl, his sisters would lynch him. He learned from a very young age you just don’t hit a girl even if she’s completely kicking your butt.”


So what made you decide to be on this season of HOC?


“I didn’t really, it was Nick and his publicist Juliette that convinced me. I was really wary about how I’d look on television. Hopefully not bad but it’s hard not to especially when they cut everything down to half-hour episodes. There were tons of things in season one that got cut out. But yeah they decided to do it at home, where I live, I couldn’t just say ‘oh blur out my face’ or something stupid like that.”


Didn’t Brian from BSB do that last season?


“He did, but he had his own reasons for that. All of which were completely valid. And it’s not like he lived with the siblings like I do so it was easier to conceal him than it would be for me or any of the siblings.”


So you know we have to ask who’s your favorite Backstreet Boy?


(laughs) “Oh man, I knew this one was coming. It’s actually not Nick. Weird I know but hear me out. I’ve always known Nick as the kid from Tampa Bay, Leslie’s older really cute brother. So when I’d see him on television in the Backstreet persona I was thinking ‘I like the real him better’.”


So out of the others who is?


“Actually none of the guys know this only my two best girls do along with Leslie, and its the one that left the group, Kevin…The first video of their’s I ever saw was Quit Playing Games and I thought oh…my…god…hotness. And yeah Kristin, his wife, is going to tease me endlessly now. As will Nick...we have that good kind of relationship where we can tease each other and not get hurt.”



Nick looked up from reading and chuckled, “I’m marrying a Kevin fan…Nice.” He remarked making the other three laugh at him heartily. He re-read the last line over again, sure they’d tease each other, but lately the type of teasing went from verbal to physical and really that was what drove him crazy. Being teased so much but not being able to do anything about it because the second he’d try to exorcise those desires she’d shoot him down. Either, it was work, his siblings, his mother…the doctor…or his personal favorite…her thinking she’s too fat now to have sex. It drove him crazy about how insecure she was becoming as the pregnancy progressed. Couldn’t she see that he found her as desirable as ever? He scanned the rest of the article grinning at the pictures of the girls and Alyssa, how’d he get so blessed to have such amazing women in his life?


The next afternoon…


Alyssa got home from pregnancy yoga walking in through the garage and sorting mail. She looked up to see Nick closing a medium sized cooler. “Hey what do you have there?” Alyssa asked curiously.


“You’ll see, come on let’s go for a drive.” Nick suggested taking her hand as she set her gym bag down.


“Lemme change first.” She replied going upstairs with a grin.


“Okay, don’t take too long.” He replied sighing a little. He was glad that she seemingly agreed to go with.


Meanwhile upstairs Alyssa hopped in the shower momentarily washing the sweat from yoga class off. Afterwards she went into the closet wondering what she should wear. She hated the maternity clothing mainly because it was frilly or girly and she hated it. With a sigh she grabbed a very thin silk pale yellow sundress as well as a matching yellow bra and panties. She flashed smile to her reflection in the mirror she pulled her longer hair up in a ponytail and put on some perfume and low-heeled strapped sandals before going downstairs.


Nick looked up and saw her his mouth immediately going dry at the mere sight of her. “Wow.” He mouthed but no sound would come out. He looked down at himself seeing the light blue button down shirt and jeans he was wearing and suddenly felt under dressed.


“What did I dress up too much?” Alyssa said looking down at herself.


Nick shook his head, “No you look beautiful.”


She grinned at him and he grabbed the cooler and his back pack leading her out to his Escalade. He helped her get in and he went around to the other side placing the cooler and his backpack in the back cargo area of the truck. About thirty minutes later they pulled to this secluded area just five minutes off the main rode. He parked the truck so that the back was looking out over the cliff and out over the pacific ocean. He grinned at her and got out opening up the back gate and folding down the back seat to give them ample room for a picnic inside the truck. Alyssa stepped out feeling the strong wind coming from the north and looked at him strangely.


“A picnic in the back of the truck?” Alyssa asked with a grin.


Nick rolled his eyes, “It’s windy don’t want it to blow everything away. Besides we’ll leave the gate open.” He reasoned as he began taking things out of the cooler.


Alyssa hoisted her body as best she could and ended up near laying down in the cargo area. Nick looked over and chuckled at her. “Hey I’d like to see you carry a tummy like this.”


“Believe me I have one.” He said pulling out a black three-ring binder from his backpack, looking through it momentarily then closing it and placing it on top of the now emptied cooler.


“Yours is MUCH smaller than mine hon.” Alyssa retorted noticing the notebook. She figured it was something to do with work but she didn’t know what. Nick handed her a sandwich and a bottle of water.


“Whatever…just having my mother around too it’s hard you know. Since we don’t get a lot of alone time anymore like we used to.”


Alyssa giggled, “Get used to it, once this one is born our sex life is going to be just as bad.”


“I hope not!” Nick replied letting them both eat in silence for a few moments. Once they’d finished he cleaned everything up and began scribbling something in the black binder. Alyssa leaned up hoping to catch a glimpse at what he was writing. Trying to be sneaky she scooted over as best she could and snatched the binder from him. “Hey!” Nick whined.


“What is in here?” She asked aloud, she knew Nick probably wouldn’t tell her but she had to know what had peaked his interest so much.


Nick reached for the binder only causing her to move it from his reach. “Alyssa please…” Nick pleaded but it was too late she had already opened it and was reading its contents.


Alyssa’s expression softened as she looked through seeing his normal illegible script on notebook paper describing every meal and what the calorie intake each item was. “Nick what is this?” She asked handing it back to him.


“It’s how I’ve been keeping track of what I eat. It’s…”


He was stopped by Alyssa’s grin, “No it’s okay, I’m happy for you Nick, if this is what you want to do to get yourself healthy then by all means do it. At least you’re not doing any stupid crash diet or fad.”


He nodded a little, “Still I didn’t really want you to know yet. Kind of wanted it to be a surprise.”


“What like one day I notice half of you is gone?”


“That was the plan…” He replied sheepishly. “I’m just…”


“Really self-conscious, I know I get it, believe me I do.” She said leaning in pressing her lips to his momentarily. Nick sighed a little reveling in the simplicity of the kiss but just as soon as it began it ended with her pulling back from him. Alyssa moved slightly facing away from him so she could recline against his back as he rested his hands on her stomach grinning to him. He looked out over to the ocean and closed his eyes letting the breeze just wash over them that swept across the truck.


Feeling slightly uncomfortable Alyssa readjusted herself moving her body up his a little rubbing against his groin. He opened his eyes and looked down a little seeing over her shoulder and down the front of her dress seeing the lacy edge of her bra. His breathing quickened and he felt himself flush at the mere sight of her. Getting an idea he leaned his head down kissing her shoulder hearing release a satisfied sigh. His mouth blazed a trail up to her neck sucking on her sensitive skin as he brought one hand up removing the straps from her bra and dress from her shoulder then caressed her arm moving to the front of her to place his hand on her breast. At that moment Alyssa pulled away and turned to him with a knowing grin.


He looked in her eyes for a long moment just completely content that they were having a really good day together. He moved in a little closer placing his hand on her neck and grazing his thumb along her jaw-line. She smirked a little as he brought her face to his stopping just as their lips lightly brushed together making her move even closer to deepen the kiss opening her mouth and flicking her tongue out and sweeping it across his lower lip. Grinning into the kiss he pulled/pushed her body gently to lie down on her back. He situated himself at her side leaning on her a little but not enough to cause pressure on her stomach. Alyssa weaved her fingers into his hair skidding her nails along his scalp lightly as they continued to kiss. Nick moved his hand from her neck down her shoulder and came to rest at the side of her breast. Alyssa broke the kiss momentarily to catch her breath she sighed a little grinning and bit her lower lip which was slightly swollen. “I love you.” She said simply as he moved his fingers over the silky material of her dress just under her arm.


She leaned near him claiming his mouth again sighing as their tongues met and dueled passionately. Growing more and more turned on he moved his hand to the front of her massaging her breast through the thin material of her dress and bra, smiling as she whimpered into the kiss. Nick pushed her bra and dress down on one side revealing her soft flesh. He moved his urgent kisses to her neck and collarbone down to the exposed skin he’d revealed moments before. He nipped at the side of her breast making her shriek and pull him closer to her body as her back arched. Simultaneously he moved his hand down to the hem of her dress gathering it up slowly to her hips then moved in between her thighs stroking her over her underwear. Alyssa took in a breath sharply and moved her hips against his hand trying to get him to increase his light touch. He grinned against her skin as he leaned back and pulled her panties off as she leaned up grabbing at his shirt and his jeans undoing them realizing he wasn’t wearing any underwear to speak of.


“Seems like you came prepared…” She replied with a grin as her hand wound around his fully erect cock. He chuckled and leaned in rubbing his fingers over her making her hiss and curse under her breath. Feeling sure that they were both ready he moved to thrust inside her but she stopped him. “We can’t do it missionary remember?”


He sighed a little and then remembered he’d really come prepared. He rolled over and reached for a pillow just behind the cooler. “I researched this online, it should help your back out.” He explained.


“You really came prepared.”


“Uh huh lift up.” He instructed as she raised her hips and he placed the pillow just where the small of her back would be. He moved between her legs as she laid back down already feeling better as the pressure from her lower back was relieved. Alyssa spread her legs as wide as she could as he held himself up on his hands giving her ample space for her stomach. He guided himself slowly inside her, his eyes rolling back into his head as he sighed in relief. Alyssa shifted her hips closer to him letting him sink in deeper. “Baby…uhh you feel…so good.” He managed to mutter as he began thrusting in and out of her. Nick took one of her hands in his placing it up above her head bringing him down closer to her looking down directly at her face as he moved with forceful smooth strokes while he dipped his head to kiss and suck on the top of her chest.


Alyssa closed her eyes reveling in the feeling of him, inside her, on top of her. It’d been too long since they’d been this close; missionary had become problematic as she began to show a baby bump. True it was still rather small but she’d grown extremely sensitive about it to the point where she wanted to hide her once toned flat abs that had expanded and grown with the growth of their child. She felt Nick quicken his pace against her their abdomens brushing gently together when he’d thrust and pull back. She moaned loudly as his tip hit the back of her walls making her cling to his hand tightly and opened her eyes turning her head to breathe. Out of the window she saw a helicopter fly over head, hearing the loud noise from the wings as it fly by and the realization of where they were, that anyone, paparazzi, highway patrol or even an average Joe can just happen upon their situation. She bit her lip hating to have to do this but the thought of their sexual activities being splashed upon the headlines made her blood run cold with fear. “Nick stop.”


Not stopping Nick looked up, “What?” He asked completely perplexed.


Alyssa pushed against his shoulders pushing him back a bit. “Stop…”


Nick’s eyes grew wide as she continued to push him away from her body. “Huh? What’s going on?” He asked turned on out of breath and completely perplexed as to exactly why she stopped him. Alyssa covered herself rearranging her bra and dress to cover the exposed flesh then moved to grab her panties struggling slightly to get them back on. “What are you doing?” He asked still in the same position sitting back on his knees his shirt and pants still hanging open showing his flushed skin and still hard erection.


Alyssa looked at him, “Nick it’s broad daylight, we’re not far from a main road. Anyone could catch us.”


He sighed, “So that’s supposed to make it more exciting you know the thrill of being caught?” He replied trying to get closer to her again but her hand on his chest stopped him.


She knew it may seem irrational but she could not get over her fear of being caught and having their entire relationship open to the public, it was bad enough she was on a reality show but for her private sexual life with Nick to be broadcast for all to see…definitely not what she wanted. “Not for me, I don’t want my sex life all over the tabloids.”


“But baby…come on nobody is gonna find us…”


“So says the sexually frustrated man.” Alyssa retorted. “You’ll do anything to get me to have sex won’t you? I’m glad you came so prepared to our picnic Nickolas. What did you bring me out here just to fuck me?” She said angrily. She didn’t want to get so emotional but it seemed lately that all Nick cared about was sex.


“That was part of the plan…yeah.” He admitted. Alyssa’s face contorted in anger. “Baby…please it’s not like that…”


“Then what is it like? All you ever want from me is sex!”


Nick closed his eyes and fixed his pants and shirt. “No, it’s just we haven’t been doing it as much lately with both of us being so busy, and you said no sex in the house…so I thought I’d spend some time with you and…”


“Fuck me like a horny teenager in the back of a car?”


Nick sighed he knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere but he found himself still fighting against her. “No I want to be close to you, but every time we try something gets in the way.”


Alyssa got out of the truck and stood over looking the ocean for a few minutes. Nick followed moments later going up behind her and wrapping his arms around her only for her to shrug him off. “Don’t fucking touch me.” She remarked going back to the truck and sitting in the passenger seat.


His anger flared, “Fine I guess I won’t try to have sex with you ever again!” He announced watching her enter the car.


Alyssa’s breath quickened as a soft sob escaped her lips while she searched her purse grabbing a pair of large sunglasses putting them on to conceal her tears. She hadn’t meant to get that emotional but damn it hurt to think he only wanted to be close for sex, didn’t they have any intimacy anymore?




 

 

hope you enjoyed let me know what ya think okay?

Chapter 15: Monster-In-Law by Teri
Author's Notes:
Hehe hey everyone if you hadn't noticed the predecessor to AS, SWIB is november's FEATURED STORY OF THE MONTH!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! hehe A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Mare and everyone responsible for picking it as the featured story! It's been giving me some major major inspiration and soooo here's another chapter! YAY! I hope to hear from all of you, my loyal Nothing's Impossible Series readers as the story progresses! It's definitely going to be the most intense story emotionally speaking so hopefully you like it!

Chapter Fifteen: Monster-In-Law

**************************************
Nick Narrating:

 

I hate this. Honestly I really do. I love Alyssa, she’s just well my girl. All I wanted was just some time with her. Without the family without pressure. Brian’s idea was perfect and the day was perfect. And fuck me…she looked so amazing. I know why they say that pregnant women are attractive, especially if it’s your child. She had this glow and it just reminded me of how we used to be.

 

But now…

 

I won’t apologize for trying to have sex with her. It’s only natural and for the longest time she’s kept me very spoiled in bed and now that I don’t get it as much I want it more and more all the time. Having the siblings and cameras around definitely isn’t conducive to a practical and active sex life, but damn give me a break here!

 

Call me a pervert, call me an asshole but yes I completely planned on us having sex on our picnic. I had factored in that it wouldn’t happen, but she never really has been able to resist before so for her to pull away and literally not let me finish? That shocked the hell out of me. Sure she’s done shit sort of like that before but not to the extent where we’re both so close and then bam flip the switch she doesn’t want it anymore.

 

It’s totally and completely unnerving and how she was ‘scared’ we’d get caught. We could have but we didn’t. It’s just ugh why can’t I just fuck my fiancé in peace?! Not even fucking really just being with her too. We never get a moment alone to just be together. Which is why I am so fucking glad the show is ending. And I did something even better. I got my mom a hotel room. About 20 minutes away, a room at a little bed and breakfast. Yeah because I’m that fucking desperate to spend some time with her before I have to leave for Nashville.

 

Nashville…

 

That’s going to be interesting to say the least. And the fact that Alyssa doesn’t know yet…yeah she’s going to be pissed. I’ll be gone for two months…two whole months and yet I think it’ll be good for us to be apart a little. It’ll at least allow us to evaluate and appreciate each other that much more. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

 

I’m going to hate it that’s for sure. Being without her for that long. But it’ll work out, it always does right? All I know is that after that little escapade in the truck it’s been really hard on me to be around her. It’s like we’re just friends all over again, only worse, our emotional relationship is strained and awkward we fight constantly and our physical relationship is nearly non-existent.

 

After we came home that day she didn’t speak to me. And it seemed like everyone was getting some but me. Leslie and Mike were making out on the couch (ended up finding Alyssa’s underwear in the cushions which provided further embarrassment for her), Aaron and Kaci were locked away in his room, Angel hadn’t returned home with her flavor of the month yet and Wes and Beej were practically fucking in the pool. And here I come back into the house completely sexually frustrated surrounded by sex.

 

And then…Emma called…She wanted to hang out. Yeah and I being the smart one said yes. It was torture, she looked good, really good. I know, I know what you’re thinking I’m horrible for even thinking about another woman but I can’t fucking help it right now. Emma reminds me of Alyssa, the way she used to be, fun, and almost carefree. I’d give anything to see that in Ali again. She made me lunch and we just sat and talked like really seriously talked. But I couldn’t help but notice things, like how she laughed at my lame jokes or how our hands brushed and she didn’t pull away immediately. I’m sure she wasn’t trying to flirt or anything, she seems to truly respect mine and Ali’s relationship but…damn I couldn’t help being attracted to her, she’s a knock out with a brain, it’s a tough combo to come by and I thought Alyssa was one of the very few who had that. I guess I was wrong.

 

I think the reason why I’m attracted to her though…is because she reminds me of Ali, you know the real Alyssa the woman I fell in love with, not this horrible distortion of her former self. Not to say Alyssa isn’t desirable, fuck me, she is and always will be. But lately it seems like we aren’t even the couple we used to be. We don’t focus on each other anymore, it’s all work work work, and family and ooh baby stuff and doctors appointments. And it’s driving me nuts.

 

I guess…really it comes down to that I miss the woman I fell for. I just hope she’s not gone forever.

 

End Narration.
********************************************

 

Alyssa sat in her office trying in vain to concentrate on grading papers and planning another lecture. True she normally used the same power point presentations every semester but she at least liked to keep her speeches fresh in case anyone who may have failed or dropped would be retaking the class. Thankfully she hadn’t gotten to that point in her career, none of her students failed, some had to drop for medical or personal reasons but normally she had a great class retention rate. She’d been meeting with students off and on through out the day and one glaring fact came to her. She needed a TA, someone to keep her straight, help her in case her doctor’s appointments ran over and made her miss class.

 

Only one name came to her mind…Lindsay Barnes. By far her best student she’d had at her time at UCLA. She reminded Alyssa of herself, but it would have to wait, until Lindsay finished her class. She already helped to an extraordinary extent with helping her in class and suggesting awesome books and ideas for the following semesters.

 

But alas, that would have to wait, at least a year if not a little longer. She looked at her calendar smiling as she saw the date of her maternity leave then her plan for her yearlong absence. She didn’t want to say anything yet but she wanted to be a full time mom when the time came, at least for the first year and then slowly get back into teaching at the university so she could be a good mom. At least like her mother had done with each of her children, she took extended time to make sure they were ahead of the game developmentally and with Nick working on a new Backstreet album, a possible world tour, and his record label she knew she couldn’t count on him to become a stay-at-home dad while she ran around and worked herself into the ground.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Curious Alyssa got up answering it seeing Jane on the other side. “Hi Jane…” Alyssa greeted civilly letting her into her office. She had no idea that she knew where it was or really where to find it. Although she did suspect Nick or one of his siblings had something to do with it.

 

Jane grinned a little seeing Alyssa’s neatly organized office. “I wanted to apologize for the other day. Nick…”

 

“He spoke to you?”

 

“Yes, and I had no idea that you’d interpret my words that way.” She explained with a sincere grin.

 

Alyssa sighed, she didn’t want to believe that she could actually be sincere in her intentions. However, she knew Nick craved to have his mother a part of his life so she figured she’d just grin and bear it. “Well it’s all right now, I got over it. If you don’t mind me asking why are you here?”

 

Jane looked at her hands momentarily and then back up at Alyssa, “I know you and I don’t really have a strong relationship, and that’s okay I understand you don’t approve of how I raised Nick and his siblings. However I would like to be a part of my grandchild’s life.”

 

Alyssa bit her lip to keep the snicker from rising within her Raised? More like lack thereof! She mused to herself. “Yes I would like for you to be a part of our son’s life. Nick loves you Jane, even though you and Bob put him through a lot he still really cares for you. I’m sorry that I don’t act like I trust you, I’m just trying to protect my fiancé from anymore heartache.”

 

“I understand, I’m glad you love him as much as you do. Which is what brings me here, I wanted to help with the wedding plans.”

 

Alyssa’s brow furrowed in confusion, “Wedding plans? We haven’t even set a date yet.”

 

“Well I’m determined to get you two married before your first child is out in the world.” She replied with a sincere grin that made Alyssa smile weakly in return and inwardly wince.

 

Later that week…

 

Nick sighed as he fiddled with editing his myspace account. Lately it’d become his escape from his siblings, who had been driving him up the wall with their arguments and pettiness lately. Ever since he’d gotten a hotel room for his mother though, it had calmed down quite a bit. He figured it had a lot to do with Aaron and his mother. Jane made Aaron feel like he had something to prove thus every time he was around the cocky attitude was all the more prevalent which led to more head-butting between him and the girls.

 

What was worse for him, was that Alyssa had been less than receptive to his advances as of late. It hurt him and disappointed him to no end. He wanted closeness with her like he’d become so accustomed to but instead Alyssa was putting up roadblock after roadblock. They hardly went to bed together at the same time anymore. She was usually up late working on something in the office and he was just well too tired to complain so he’d end up going to bed alone, and waited for her to crawl into bed 2 or 3 sometimes even 4 hours later.

 

It was getting to the point even the guys were beginning to notice the strain on him. Maybe that was why they’d decided to get away from it all by going to Nashville. That was the only bad part. He’d have to be away from Alyssa, during the most critical time in her pregnancy next to the last month. He felt terrible he hadn’t said anything to her yet but he couldn’t bring himself to do so just yet.

 

Sighing he got up and walked down stairs seeing Emma and Bobbie at the dining room table with books cracked open all around them in a heated discussion.

 

“This is going to be exciting making our own recipes, I love doing shit like that!” Bobbie remarked grinning as they thumbed through various cookbooks.

 

Nick watched Emma grin at his sister, he’d really grown to like Emma as a friend the past few weeks he’d been spending time with her. She was definitely different than most LA women and he liked that a lot. But at the same time it scared him just the least bit. Knowing he could think like that about her when just a few short years previously he’d thought the exact same about Alyssa. “Hey you two…” He said with a slight grin.

 

Both girls looked up and smiled, “Hey, how’s work?” Bobbie asked sincerely.

 

He nodded taking a breath, “Good, going to Nashville for 3 months is the plan, hopefully Alyssa will go with me.”

 

“Let’s hope, you two need a good vacation away from work.” Emma replied smiling.

 

“Don’t I know it, all she’s been doing lately is work, work and more work.”

 

Emma nodded, “Well you can’t say she’s not driven though, she at least knows what she wants and is willing to sacrifice a lot to get it.”

 

‘Yeah including sacrificing time with me’ Nick thought snidely to himself. He couldn’t help it he felt a little more than neglected lately, he felt down right ignored.

 

“Well I’m sure it will all work itself out right? Maybe just you two need to reminded that you two love each other?” Emma offered.

 

“Maybe…but I’ll leave you two alone so you can work.”

 

“Oh no it’s okay Nick, Em and I wanted to discuss an idea with you and maybe get some business advice.” Bobbie suggested with a grin.

 

Nick pulled back one of the chairs closest to his sister and turned it around sitting with it backwards resting his arms on the top of the chair. “Oh really? Tell me about it.” He asked curiously he was happy that Bobbie had thought to come to him.

 

“Well Emma and I want to start a restaurant, and we want to know where you’d go to get investors?”

 

Nick chewed his lip for a moment a plan forming in his head, “Well first I’d go to my family and pitch the idea, if they thought it was solid and wanted to contribute great and then maybe they could point them in the right direction. What type of restaurant?”

 

“Gourmet everything, Asian to Mexican, to American and European influences but everything would have a new take on it.” Emma explained.

 

“Hmm sounds like a good restaurant, here I’ll make you two a deal, you two come up with a solid business model and back it up with a ton of research and I’ll invest some of my money, and maybe get the fellas in on it too.”

 

“Really like a Backstreet restaurant?” Bobbie retorted laughing.

 

“Did you know Justin Timberlake owns Koi?”

 

“No…”

 

“Yeah, putting a celeb’s name on the deed in LA almost guarantees success. But still Howie’s into real estate he’d love to get involved and so would Brian and AJ so if you two want a restaurant and are willing to work as hard as I do for your goals then I’ll help and even give you some names you can go to if you decide you don’t want your brother as a business partner.” He said nudging Bobbie on the shoulder.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“So Alyssa what did the doctor tell you about traveling?” Jennifer asked.

 

Alyssa took a deep breath, she knew she wanted to go to this conference but she was still unsure, especially with her and Nick on such uncertain terms lately. She knew it was hard on him but he didn’t understand. She was trying to get everything settled before the baby came so she could devote herself wholly to being a mom for the first year of his life. “Yeah she said I can as long as I see a doctor while I’m there and don’t do it if I don’t feel well.”

 

“Are you sure about this extended leave after you have the baby?” Jennifer asked concerned.

 

“For the first year…I need to be a mom it’ll be too stressful otherwise, but I’m forcing it out now so I can relax once I go on maternity leave.”

 

“Which is only two months away.” Jennifer smiled. “I’m really happy for you, taking care of your family first looks mighty good to the higher-ups in the university, they’ll be more apt to promote you once you come back.”

 

Alyssa smiled, “I know I’m trying to keep it a secret right now, but when I come back, I’ll need to hire a TA hopefully. I’d like to teach one online class to begin with and then slowly work back up, just in case we get pregnant again, I’m not planning on that happening but this lil guy was quite a surprise too.”

 

Jennifer nodded, “Does Nick know?”

 

“No I want to surprise him after the baby is born, we still haven’t even had time to sit around and pick out names for our son. I’m trying really hard to work everything out before I get on maternity leave so whose ever taking my place while I’m gone won’t have anything to worry about, and will even have lectures prepared ahead of time.”

 

“That’s really sweet I’m sure he’ll be excited to hear that.”

 

“I bet he will be! But yeah I’m going to break the news about the two-week conference tonight. It just sucks its all the way in Prague.”

 

“Yeah it’s going to be an amazing symposium I think you’ll enjoy it and it’ll help augment your teaching too once you come back.”

 

“Yeah I’m sure, it sounds like such an interesting symposium.”

 

“Well I guess then all you need from me is your event tickets and you’ll be good to go!”

 

That night…

 

Alyssa grinned at Nick happy they’d finally finished shooting the last night of the show, and were saying goodbye to everyone. “I’ll miss you Leslie.” Alyssa said giving her a solid hug.

 

“I know, you got to call me when you go into labor with the lil one okay?”

 

“We will I promise! Have a safe flight.”

 

Mike grinned and gave her a hug, “I’m glad I’m going to be related to you, even though it’s through marriage. I can’t wait to be an uncle to this little one.” He said proudly putting his hand on her rounded tummy.

 

After everyone left Alyssa and Nick walked up to the house holding hands as they bid the cameras farewell. As soon as they shut the door Alyssa took in a huge sigh of relief. “Finally…”

 

He glanced over at her, “We’re alone…”

 

Alyssa giggled and gave him a sweet kiss, “Gimme an hour and I promise I’m all yours.”

 

“An hour?”

 

“Yeah I got some paperwork to finish.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes and gave her a look. “Alyssa the paperwork can wait.”

 

Alyssa sighed and shook her head, “No I really need to get this done, I promise.” She assured.

 

“What is with you and work lately? All you ever do is work.”

 

She closed her eyes knowing she’d felt bad for neglecting him but she felt it was necessary at the time so she could concentrate solely on her paperwork to get ahead in time for her leave. “I know how you feel baby, I really do…” She said coming up to him and wrapping her arms around him. “Believe me when you see what I’m doing this for, you’ll thank me for working so hard.”

 

“Not another promotion right?” He said with a questioning glance.

 

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I’m trying to get everything ready for when I go on maternity leave okay?” She admitted partially.

 

“You’re actually going to take it?”

 

“Yes, I’m going to want the relaxation and time to prepare for motherhood.”

 

Nick grinned and kissed her sweetly, “One hour…I’ll be down here watching Sports Center.” He replied letting her go up the stairs. Moments later Nick went and settled himself on the couch flicking through channels as he got to ESPN. He chuckled a bit at how like an old married couple they’d gotten since they’d become pregnant, he was stuck watching sports while she worked on paperwork when really all he wanted was to be with her.

 

Four hours later…

 

Nick stirred slowly in his sleep and groaned feeling a twist in his back. He sat up slowly groaning at the strain in his muscles. He looked around the room noticing he was still in the living room and had in fact fallen asleep on the couch. He looked at the clock seeing that it was already after midnight. “Shit…Liss you there?” He called out to the downstairs area. When he received no response he rolled his eyes and went up stairs into the office seeing Alyssa shutting down her laptop. “Still working?”

 

Alyssa smiled looking up at him, “No just finished actually. Sorry it took longer, I came down stairs and you were asleep so I figured I’d let you sleep and get finished up.” She said walking over to him and walked them to their bedroom. “I am sorry I’ve been so work oriented lately.”

 

“You are?”

 

“Yes, I miss us…the fun side of us.” Alyssa admitted.

 

Nick grinned and sat on the bed bringing her between his legs. “Well maybe the next couple of months would be good if we you know got away for awhile.”

 

Alyssa saw the mischievous grin on his face.

 

“I’m scared, what are you thinking?”

 

He chuckled and placed his hands on her waist. “Well, the guys and I are going to Nashville for a month or two to record, what if you came with us?”

 

“When are you going?”

 

“Next week.”

 

Alyssa’s face fell it was exactly the same time she’d be heading off to Prague for the symposium. “I can’t…” She began seeing his face fall from a smile to a grimace.

 

“What do you mean you can’t?” He asked his voice a little more standoffish than he’d anticipated.

 

Alyssa placed her hands on his shoulders as she gathered her thoughts, “I’m going to Prague next week.”

 

“Do WHAT?!”

 

“It’s for a symposium on Shakespearean literature, I have to go, it’s important and Dr. Petrarch already said I’m good to go for travel just to be careful.”

 

Nick pushed her away from him and stood up. “And you’re just telling me now?!”

 

“You’re just telling me about Nashville!” Alyssa countered.

 

“Well I thought you could go with me!”

 

“I thought you could go with me too okay, I didn’t know that you and the guys were planning a trip to get out of LA.” She retorted.

 

He shook his head, “So if I had told you sooner would you have told them no?” He asked seeing the thoughts cross her face. “Ha! I knew it, you care more about your stupid career than you do about spending time with me!”

 

Alyssa’s jaw set and she put her hands on her hips, “Stupid career? You think my career is stupid? Well you want to know what’s stupid Nick…the fact that you can’t understand that I love my career, and that I’m practically killing myself so I can be a mother to YOUR SON and not have to worry about my stupid little career!” She said going into the bathroom changing into an oversized tee shirt.

 

Nick immediately felt horrible for what he said. Of course he understood her need for a career, he just wanted her to go with him wherever she went and not have to worry about money the way she did. He turned down the covers changing into a pair of boxers and a tee shirt as he watched her come back out of the bathroom.

 

“You know you think my career is stupid, but what about yours? Why do I have to sacrifice for yours every time, why can’t you meet me half way for once?” She muttered. “But then again I shouldn’t be surprised I am after all just marrying a spoiled washed up pop star.” She said angrily as she lay down in bed facing her body from him.

 

Nick winced at her words and turned off the light choosing to stay silent for the moment. He lay down next to her trying to reach out and pull her close but she shrugged off his arm and pushed herself to the other side of the bed. Saddened he rolled over to the other side and tried to sleep but felt a sharp pang in his heart that some how the divide between their bodies on the bed, began to represent the widening divide between their hearts.

 

Three days later…

 

“So Ali I was thinking we could do maybe a silvery dress for your gown instead of white.” Jane spoke as she grabbed a pink binder. “And I made you this, it’s full of things for you to consider, fabrics, colors all sorts of things, I really think your colors should be teal and coral.” She suggested.

 

Alyssa grimaced slightly looking at all the ideas for the wedding and she looked at Jane turning to her. “Jane really thank you for trying to help, really.” She began trying to let Jane down easy. Ever since she’d mentioned wanting to help Alyssa with wedding plans it seemed each one became more ridiculous and tacky by the second. “But thank you but no. Nick and I want to plan our own wedding. And choose things for ourselves, after the baby is born.”

 

Jane got a solemn look on her face. “Well I was just trying to help.”

 

“I know! I know and it’s all right and very sweet of you to want to help and offer it so generously.” Alyssa replied trying to smooth things over. “But I’d like for Nick and I to plan things when the time is more appropriate for us.”

 

Jane stood up quickly gathering her things with a hurt look on her face. “I can’t believe this, I should have known you’d hate all of my ideas. I just wanted to make a beautiful day for the two of you and here you are just telling me that they’re inappropriate for what you think your wedding should be.”

 

Alyssa grew a little defensive to Jane’s passive aggressive attack. “Like you said it is our wedding, meaning Nick’s and mine. We decide what colors we want, what we’re going to wear and who is going to be there. And for you to think for one second that you can tell me how our day should be run is insulting to me. It’s like telling me I have no better judgment so you need to make all the decisions for me.”

 

“Well judgment doesn’t seem to be your forte with your track record.” She began with a snide smirk referring to Alyssa’s past mistakes, attempted suicide, Brandon, having a baby out of wedlock.

 

‘Like you should talk about having bad judgment at least I haven’t been arrested’ She thought crudely. She’d wanted to say it but knew that if she did that it would lower herself to the status of her future mother-in-law only taking pot-shots because she could. Alyssa took a deep breath and stood keeping her voice firm. “I think you should leave.”

 

Jane stared Alyssa down for a moment noting the brightness to her green eyes glaring at her with a warning glance. She smiled and bid her farewell and walked out. As she made her way to her rental car she picked up her cell phone dialing Nick smiling as he answered. “I think you need to have a talk with your fiancée.” She said in a meek little voice.

 

“What do you mean?” Nick asked concerned hoping that everything was all right.

 

Jane took a shaky sigh and looked around as she sat in her rental. “She was completely rude to me, and I was only trying to offer my help with the wedding plans.”

 

“Wedding plans? Mom we haven’t even set a date yet.”

 

“So? Just because you haven’t set a date doesn’t mean you can’t plan things out.”

 

Nick sighed excusing himself from the boys. “Yes I know that but Mom go easy on her she’s really stressed out, I don’t think she meant anything by it.” He explained.

 

“Well she certainly seemed to, she told me my ideas were inappropriate and asked me very rudely I might add to leave after she question my judgment.”

 

Nick closed his eyes leaning his head back a little, “So what do you want me to do about it, she’s stressed and hormonal I’m sure she didn’t mean it that way. But I’ll talk to her about it okay?”

 

“Okay honey, I love you.”

 

“Love you too Mom.” He said as she heard the line go dead. Smirking to herself she started the car and headed back to her hotel confident the seeds had been planted for her plan.

 

That night…

 

“So how was work today?” Alyssa asked with a grin as they made dinner.

 

Nick sighed a little, “It was work, just sort of odd still without Kevin there.”

 

Alyssa gave him a look for a second and kissed his shoulder trying to ease his anger towards her. She knew he was still angry about the other night so she kept her mouth shut about it. “I’m sure it’s going to be hard without him there, he always seemed like he was the decision maker of the group, but now I’m sure you four can open up and really find some amazing inspiration.” She reassured.

 

“Let’s hope. How was your day? Get a lot of work done?”

 

Alyssa nodded, “Yeah but that didn’t last long, Jane surprised me at work when I was trying to rework some things in the syllabus on a deadline and started spouting off all this garbage about the wedding.”

 

“Garbage?”

 

“Yeah how she wants me to not wear white how we need to set a date before the baby comes and that our colors should be teal and coral. TEAL AND CORAL?!? Can you believe that? I couldn’t deal with it so I…”

 

Nick interrupted her little rant with, “Yeah she said you were really rude to her.”

 

Alyssa’s eyes widened. “I was rude to HER!? Psh more like the other way around. I told her thank you for trying to help but that you and I would decide on what we want for our wedding and when we want it.”

 

“When do we want it? I mean we’ve been engaged since January and its mid March now. Don’t you think we should set a date?” He offered.

 

Alyssa plated their salads and gave him a look, “I didn’t think we were going to even discuss a date until after the baby was born. Just because I think we should wait and focus on being parents and with our respective careers before we really focus on us as a married couple.” She explained.

 

“Oh so it’s all about career again, what are you going to do after he gets here? Are you going to keep this same pace? If so maybe we shouldn’t even be having a child if he’s going to be raised by nannies.”

 

Alyssa’s mouth opened in shock. “I do not want our child to be raised by nannies, I’m planning on scaling back quite a bit when he’s born and throughout his first year.”

 

“You are?”

 

“Yes, I want to be a good mother, unlike yours. She was so rude to me calling my judgment into question because of past mistakes when she has little room to talk. At least I didn’t fuck up five kids.”

 

Nick rolled his eyes but let it go, he didn’t want to fight with her anymore so he kept quiet while they ate. But really they could both feel a tension rising between them, something that if left unchecked would no doubt, in time threaten the very foundations of their once strong relationship.

 

 

 










As always R&R!!!

End Notes:
And a huge thank you to Tri!!! She's been my saving grace lately so my dear from chapters 13-on in AS I dedicate them to you for all your help and guidance and kind words! Love ya dear!
Chapter 16: Country-Ville by Teri
Author's Notes:
Wow so another chapter done! YAY! lol I figured this would hold you guys over til I get a chance to write again later this week. I'm in the process of one busy busy week coming up so I won't have much of a chance to write. So I figured I'd punch this one out before I get too busy to update at all! Anyways here is chapter 16 please let me know what ya'll think okay?
Chapter Sixteen: Country-ville

Nick packed his toiletries seeing Alyssa do the same with hers. “Are you sure you can’t come?” He asked with a glance at her.



She looked up over at him and sighed, “You know I’d love to. But it’s good I think we need the time apart.”



“What do you mean?”



“We’ve been at each other’s throats lately and that’s not like us, so I think the time will let us see and appreciate each other more I think.” Alyssa explained hoping that her statements were true.



Nick walked over placing his hands on either side of her face and tilted her face up to his. He smirked and leaned down claiming her mouth in a sultry kiss sucking on her bottom lip softly. Alyssa lost herself in the kiss opening her mouth allowing their tongues to meet passionately. It’d been a while since he had kissed her with such passion and she didn’t want it to end. She placed her hands at his wrists holding him to her prolonging the kiss as smiling into it as his thumbs caressed her cheeks. Growing bolder she moved her hands to his neck and tangled her fingers in his hair lightly scraping her fingernails over his scalp. Which only made him groan into her mouth and pull her mouth closer letting the kiss grow more aggressive.



Reluctantly Nick pulled away and looked at her for a long moment, just studying her face and eyes trying to memorize every moment of silence they shared since that kiss. It was something that was going to get him through the next two to three months that he would be gone.



Alyssa studied the expression on his face and grinned, “I love you.” She spoke simply.



His pensive expression softened as he claimed her mouth again this time it didn’t have any less passion than before, in fact it had more. Tangling a hand in her tresses and moving the other to the small of her back he pulled her body tightly against him. Suddenly he felt a tiny movement in her abdomen, against his own and he jumped. “What the…” He asked.



She giggled and placed his hand on her tummy. “He kicked.” She remarked as he kicked again where Nick’s hand graced her tummy.



Nick smiled wide and chuckled, “Soccer star in the making eh?”



“Most definitely.” She grinned kissing him which made the baby kick excitedly. “I think he likes it when you and I kiss.”



“What do you mean.”



“He’s getting all excited because Daddy’s kissing Mommy.” Alyssa postulated.



Nick sat on the bed and kissed her stomach whispering ‘I love you’ to it softly. Alyssa grinned and ran her hands through his hair. It was little moments like these that made her feel like they could get through this little rough patch they’d hit.



The next morning…



“I don’t want to go…” Nick said aloud as they walked through security together at LAX. Both their flights were in the same terminal just mere hours apart. Nick had a straight flight to Nashville and Alyssa had one to JFK then the next over the Atlantic would land in Prague.



She sighed and hugged him, “I know, I’m going to miss you so much. I know we’ve been fighting a lot lately…”



Nick closed his eyes inhaling her scent feeling calmer and yet more nervous by the second about their separation. “Shh…none of that now. I don’t want us to focus on our fights when we’re going to be apart for so long.”



Alyssa took a shaky breath and looked up at him as they began to move again going over to a little café and sat down before their flights were boarding. “This is crazy you know.”



“Yeah both heading off in two directions.” He said shocked by his own words. Lately it seemed like they were really going off in two directions and the only thing holding them together was a tiny string attached to both their hearts. He wondered, how much longer before that string would give under the pressure and snap?



Alyssa gave him a long glance noticing the nervous expression on his face. “Hey…” She said placing her delicate hand on top of his. “We’ll get through this. We always do…we’re soul mates remember?” She added with a grin.



Nick grinned and looked away momentarily then leaned forward. “Promise me you’ll call the second you land in New York and then when you land in Prague.”



Alyssa smiled at his concerned tone, “Of course, you leave me a voicemail when you land in Nashville, have fun with the boys, you get to at least have some freedom from me and my crazy pregnancy hormones for awhile so rejoice in it a little.”



“I know, and you rejoice in all things Shakespeare. Maybe it’ll give you some inspiration for school.”



She nodded, “Yeah I know, you know what’s really weird?”



“Hmm?”



“We haven’t had a good talk like this in months. Not since the show and your mom started coming around. Maybe that’s what we really needed, is to talk?”



He grinned at her loving how she seemingly read his thoughts, it unnerved him to no end sometimes but at the same moment he loved that she so clearly understood him, loved him for his personality and though they were going through one of their roughest times it made them both feel like there really was something to fight for. Nick stood as did Alyssa they both grabbed their carry-ons and kissed each other for a long moment, just trying to savor the moment before heading off to the gates. Alyssa and Nick sat with each other at his gate holding hands until his flight was called, nothing really being said between them just letting their emotions show through their connected hands. When he stood to board the plane Alyssa kissed him bidding him farewell for the moment.



“Call me okay?” She asked meekly.



“I promise, you take care of you and my son okay? I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you two.” He admitted placing a kiss to her forehead as he wrapped his arms tightly around her.
She breathed him in loving the smell of his skin, knowing it was the memory of it that would get her through their time apart. Breaking away he smiled at her placing a hand at her stomach rubbing his thumb over it gently as if to say goodbye to him as well. “Love you and be safe please.”



“I will. Love you too.” He said with a grin giving her one last sweet kiss before going up to the gate and handing over his boarding pass then walking down the long hallway to the large jumbo jet. She walked away after she saw him disappear onto the plane walking to her own gate. She sat down quietly looking around at everyone seeing a little boy run up to his father in a business suit a briefcase strapped to his back. She imagined that being Nick one day, going off on a business trip only to return to the happy home they’d create together. Lately it was anything but happy and it hurt her, knowing that they were so at odds. She didn’t mean for it to be happening but some how it was.



Meanwhile Nick closed his eyes as he settled himself on the plane feeling it begin to move down towards the runway. He wished she was here beside him. He hated flying with a passion and she always made it a little easier on him just by being there to hold his hand and let him know he wasn’t alone. But now he was alone, off to go record with the guys, without her.



Hours later he arrived in Nashville leaving Alyssa a voicemail as he promised he would and then dialed his mother as he got into the car he rented “Hey mom.” He said when she answered.



“Hey sweetheart how was your flight?”



Nick sighed a little, “Long, you know how it is. How’s Layla?”



Jane grinned into the phone. “She’s good, just had something to eat. You know you didn’t have to pay me to watch her.”



“I know but I figured it’d help you buy her food, it can get pretty pricey.” He replied.



Jane smirked and looked at the check he’d written her for the two months or so he’d be gone. “I’m sure…” She said putting it in her wallet to cash later. She didn’t want him to know that she didn’t exactly like having Layla around. It was odd to her that he even asked her to watch his prized pooch for a few months while he recorded, but she relented anyways figuring it would just let him begin to trust her more.



That night in Prague…



Alyssa yawned as she entered her hotel room thanking Jennifer for arranging a room without anyone else as a roommate. With how tired and irritable she felt she didn’t want to be bothered by anyone else. She picked up her cell dialing Nick’s phone. Smiling when he answered. “Hello?”



“Hey you.” She replied grinning a little as she propped herself up on the bed with pillows.



“You made it?”



“Yeah I’m at the hotel I tried calling from JFK but I couldn’t get a signal.”



He grinned happy she’d been able to at least reach him at some point and had tried. “How’s Prague?”



“Beautiful from the car ride. Not like I’ll actually have much time to experience it with the symposium.” She admitted. “How’s Nashville?”



“Humid but its all right, not as bad as Florida.” He said making small talk. “I miss you…” He admitted openly hearing her take a shaky sigh.



“I know I miss you too lover. It’s only a two months or so and we’ll be fine. We’ve gone through worse.” She said trying to stay positive.



Nick grinned a little, “It must be late there.”



“It is.”



“Well I’ll let you get some sleep, call me when you’re bored okay?”



“Of course. But first I have a question…”



“Hmm?”


“Where do you see us in 20 years?” She asked nibbling on her lower lip. The thought had been plaguing her mind throughout her plane rides.



Nick sat back running a hand through his hair, “In 20 years?”



“Yeah…”



“Happily married with like 3 or 4 kids.” He said tentatively. “I’d love for us to be like your parents you know? No matter how many years we put into our relationship and eventual marriage that we’ll be happy and content to just love each other and love our children.”



“And what if that doesn’t happen?”



“Then obviously we both did something really stupid to fuck it all up. Alyssa what’s with the doubts? I mean I know I have mine but I have faith in us. We’ve gotten through a hell of a lot and I think that’s a real testament to our love.”



“You really love me? Sometimes, especially lately I guess we’ve been taking each other for granted and I feel like it’s pushing us apart. And I don’t want that, I love you so much and it hurts to think that we’re beginning to fall apart.”



Nick sighed, he did really love her more than he could ever put into words and he was glad at least that she was sharing her fears a little with him. “I know, and we’ll work on it. I love you sugar, you’re the only woman I can imagine spending forever with. Now get some sleep we’ll talk more tomorrow.”



“Okay, love you”



“Love you too, night.” He replied then rang off.



A week later…



“So Alex…” Nick began with a smirk.



AJ looked at him and rolled his eyes, “What?”



“You and Kellie…”



“Me and Kel what?”



Nick laughed, “How’s it going with her?” He asked. “She seems really happy man.”



AJ smirked, “I’m just that good what can I say.”



He grinned a little, “Besides that, how are you two doing?”



AJ nodded and grinned, “Really good, she finally spent the night the night before I left and she made me this awesome breakfast the next morning. Waffles and eggs benedict.”



“Nice…” Nick remarked trying to remember when the last time it was Alyssa made breakfast for him.



AJ noticed Nick’s pensive expression and nudged him on the shoulder. “What about you and my favorite brunette?”



Nick sighed and looked out the window as they drove to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. “Things…”



“Yeah?”



“Things have been really strained lately, the show’s over and my mother is back in Florida watching Layla for me. But it’s just I don’t know man I miss what she and I had.”



“Had? What do you mean had?”



“We’re not happy anymore…we fight constantly and it never gets resolved with an I’m sorry much if it all it’s like each fight builds up on the last one.” He explained. “And it’s exactly how my parents used to fight. And it’s scaring the fuck out of me.”



AJ looked at him for a long moment, “Is there someone else?” He asked tentatively.



Nick looked at AJ with a shocked expression, “If you think I’m cheating on her then no.”



“But there is someone that’s got your attention right?” AJ countered making Nick look away guiltily. “I fucking knew it. Nick it’s not just the fighting that’s getting to you. It’s the familiarity of Alyssa. You two are going to have a baby, you’re getting married and now you’re scared shitless because you’re attracted to someone else as strongly as Alyssa am I right?”



Nick looked at him strangely wondering how he’d hit the nail so squarely on the head. “What am I going to do?”



“You need to remember why you fell in love with Alyssa to begin with. And why you’re willing to give your last name to her. Kellie was telling me that she saw you with Emma not to long ago and I think you should stop being friends with her completely especially if she’s the girl you’re attracted to.”



Nick nodded and sighed, “I’m not really all that attracted to Emma…” He lied.



“Liar…you’ve probably already started having sex dreams about her right?” Nick’s face grew white and he looked away in shame. It wasn’t as if he was trying to fantasize about Emma but for the past three weeks he’d kept having the same dream that always made him wake up halfway through completely freaked out that his mind was actually imagining Emma’s body, her mouth and hands all over his. “Nick maybe you wouldn’t be having these dreams if you knew what was really behind them. Maybe you should see a psychologist.”



“I’m already in therapy for my family’s problems…”



“So call up your therapist tomorrow and ask what you should do about these dreams your having which don’t lie I know you do, you always look haggard in the morning and if anyone even mentions Alyssa you get this guilty look on your face.”



“Maybe…”



Late that night…



Nick sighed as he kissed his way along her neck while she unbuttoned his jeans hurriedly slinking down his body she extracted his cock from his boxers running her slender fingers over him before taking him fully into her mouth. He groaned and gathered her platinum blonde hair in his hand and growled, “Emma…”



With that Nick bolted up in bed a cold sweat on his brow and his chest heaving from the intensity of his dream. It had been the same dream again. AJ’s words still rang in his mind as he picked up the phone dialing Alyssa’s cell hearing it ring once…twice…



“Alyssa Monroe…”



“Hey baby.” He said sighing a little.



Alyssa glanced at her watch. “Nick it’s gotta be like three in the morning there what’s going on?”



“Had a bad dream…needed to talk to you.” He said leaving out the major events that the dream entailed.



Alyssa grinned into the phone, “I’m sorry lover…but it’s not such a good time, I’m on my way into another lecture, can I call you afterwards it should be done in a few hours, it’ll let you get some sleep.”



He sighed, not the response he was looking for. “Sure…” He said ringing off with her moments later. He looked around the room and put his head in his hands then grabbed his phone looking up a number he knew he shouldn’t be calling but found himself dialing it anyways. He waited and almost contemplated hanging up until he heard a sleepy ‘hello’ on the other end. “Emma…sorry for calling so late…” He said immediately kicking himself for calling her.



Emma sat up in bed a little and turned on the light. “Hey its not a problem what’s up?”



“Nothing just needed to talk to a friend…”



Emma smiled liking that he called her a friend even though she was attracted to him she knew that they’d never be anything but friends and somehow the thought comforted her that she could in fact be friends with someone like him. A good man, who loved his fiancée and was going to be a father, it gave her hope that someday she’d find a man who would look at her like he looked at Alyssa. “So what’s wrong?” She said stifling a yawn.



“Alyssa and I have been having problems lately…” He admitted partially.



Emma sighed and laid back on her bed. “It’s okay to have problems I mean you two can’t be perfect forever. But you love her right?”



“Yeah of course I do.”



“Then that’s all you need, if you love her you two will work it out. Talk to her about it, tell her how much you care and are scared of losing her.”



He sighed and nodded unconsciously, “Thanks Em…”



“Welcome I’m here anytime you need a friend to talk to.” She said smiling. After they rang off Nick went into his luggage finding a photo album Alyssa had snuck into his luggage. He glanced at every picture, of Alyssa, the two of them how in love they were solidifying more and more in his mind. He knew she had her doubts just as he did. And really he began to think that is attraction to Emma maybe misplaced attraction to how Alyssa used to be. He got to the back of the book seeing a sonogram picture of his son from Alyssa’s womb and a small note attached.



We love you daddy.

Love,

Ali, and baby




Nick got choked up a little and ran his fingers over the fuzzy outline of his son. That right there alone gave him the purest hope that everything would be okay. He was a father now, and he knew that there was no one else he’d rather have the mother be than Alyssa.



***************************
Alyssa Narrating:



Prague is absolutely beautiful it’s got so much history in it and really I haven’t been able to see much of it we did have a bunch of field trips. One was seeing a Shakespeare in the park performance. That was amazing to see how it’s presented in a different language, how they took different things and made them all relevant to the storyline. Simply amazing. I wish Nick were here to see that. He actually would have really enjoyed it.



I’m sort of glad though, that he hasn’t been here.



I know, I know I sound like a horrible person all happy that he wasn’t here. But really it’s made me appreciate him more. I miss his face first thing in the morning, shaving cream in the sink, the smell of his cologne, the touch of his hands. I miss that. And hopefully I’ll be able to have that very soon.



Yep as soon as I get home to LA, I’m going to my doctor, then I’m going to fly to Nashville and surprise my fiancé. I miss him, just being around him and I realize now why we had been fighting so much. We didn’t appreciate each other anymore and really that made me sad. I’m so hopelessly in love with that man it’s scary sometimes. And being pregnant I’ve realized just how strong my feelings are for him. Yeah we’ve been fighting all the time. But really it’s because we’re so passionate about each other that we do fight because we haven’t been letting our passion out the way we used to.



Not having sex like we used to is that huge factor. I hope that this weekend I’ll be in Nashville he can take a little bit of time and we can recapture that. It’s one of the big reasons why we’re so strong. We love each other and we know how to show it physically too not just by sweet words and kind gestures. I need to remind him how good we are together, by reminding him of the physical chemistry we share. I think it’s a pretty brilliant plan. Remind him that though we maybe parents soon, it doesn’t mean we still can’t screw around like we’re still dating.



It’s going to be hard that’s for sure once we’re married to find time to keep the spark alive. Maybe that’s why I’ve been so gun-shy lately about setting an actual date to our nuptials. Because I’m scared of losing that spark forever once we say ‘I do’.



It’s a logical thought right?



End Narration.
***************************



Alyssa walked into the house confident about her plan. She opened a few windows letting some of the Pacific ocean air filter through and make the house feel less stale from being closed up for two weeks. She saw the answering machine flashing and she pressed play.



Hello this message is for Mr. Carter, this is Anna from the pit-bull rescue service you bought your dog Layla from. We just received word that a woman dropped her off at a Florida pound. Please call us to tell us what’s going on and we can start to work on getting Layla back for you. My number is…



Alyssa hurriedly wrote down the number not believing what she heard. How could anyone do that to Layla. Then it dawned on her who had dropped Layla so carelessly at the pound. A woman…in Florida. “Jane…” Alyssa said aloud grabbing her cell and dialing Nick’s frantically.



“Hello?” Nick answered.



Alyssa shook slightly nervous, frustrated and furious at Jane for her treachery. “Nick, Anna from the pit-bull rescue charity called…”



“Yeah?”



“Apparently your mother dumped Layla off at a Florida pound, they must have scanned her chip and called the service.”



“Do WHAT?!”






As always R&R!!!
End Notes:
yet another thank you to Tri! She's been majorly helping me out with my inspiration lately!!
Chapter 17: Ballad Of The Missing Pooch by Teri
Author's Notes:
Tri this is SOO all your fault! LOL jk I lurvvveee u! LOL Anyways I wrote an entire chapter today in class, yes it was THAT EFFING BORING. anyways things are going to be DEFINITELY picking up as the story progresses. And my plan of getting to chapter 30 by Christmas just might happen.

Chapter Seventeen: Ballad Of The Missing Pooch



Nick frantically called every pound he could get a hold of in Florida trying exactly how to locate Layla. He’d called the adoption service he’d gotten Layla from and they’d read him the riot act. Only after he explained he was having his mother watch Layla for him while he was away recording did they offer to help. He called the shelter where they said Layla had been and she’d been moved. So he spent much of the last week and a half trying to locate her. It made it worse as well, the fact that the tabloids were quick to jump on the story ripping on Nick for trusting his mother again. It was bad enough that he was kicking himself but the fans, the media to join in only added insult to injury.



“Nick go to Florida and go find your dog man.” Brian offered.



“But what about work?” He asked.



“Screw work go rescue your dog and take her back to LA, Alyssa is there she’ll take care of Layla when you come back.”



Nick sighed and opened his laptop clicking on the internet to order tickets for a flight to Florida. By the time he ordered the tickets he noticed that he’d been left alone in the studio. He walked out back seeing AJ light up a cigarette taking a long drag. It had been two years nearly since his last cigarette but still he could feel the nicotine rush through his veins. “Alex, hand me a smoke…”



AJ looked at him strangely, “You’re kidding right?”



“No, just give me one.” Nick replied sharply taking one from AJ’s pack and placed it between his lips lighting it. He inhaled the smoke and coughed a little his body having gotten used to being smoke-free. He took another drag or two and realized what he was doing. He looked down at the cigarette with a pensive expression. How had his life made a complete 180 on him?



A week and a half later...



Nick walked up to the pound the third that morning alone. “Hi I’m here about a female pit-bull mix that goes by the name Layla?”



The lady behind the desk looked at her papers and smiled, “She’s here all right, do you have ownership papers?”



“What?”



“Papers, that she belongs to you we can’t release her unless we can prove you own her.”



Nick scratched his scalp, “They’re at home in LA, and Layla was staying her Florida with my mother while I was on an extended business trip.”



“Well I can’t release Layla to you until I see proof of ownership.”



“Fuck.” Nick muttered in frustration. “Do you take faxed copies?”



“Yes of course.”



Nick dialed Alyssa’s cell hearing it ring. “Hello?”



“Hey baby can you go in my closet and find the ownership papers for Layla?”



Alyssa got up from her spot in the office and made her way to their bedroom. “Sure give me like 20 minutes to find em and I’ll call you back. What do you need them for?”



“Because they won’t release Layla without them.” He said sighing sitting down on one of the hideous orange plastic chairs in the room. He put his head in his hands worried sick about his prized pooch. He’d grown really attached to Layla she’d become a great companion to him lately just being a friendly face whenever Nick and Alyssa would fight or be on the outs.



Meanwhile Alyssa rang off and scurried into Nick’s closet taking down boxes and searching through them finding old pictures of him and his family. Undeterred she opened the drawers moving clothes aside and stopped seeing a bunch of books all of them on pregnancy and fatherhood. She picked one up with the title What to Expect to Expect When You’re Expecting: An Expectant Father’s Guide To Pregnancy. She saw the stressed spine a clear indication he’d cracked it open more than once. She grinned seeing certain pages dog-eared and marked on with a highlighter. Something he no doubt picked up from her time in college when she’d sit and mark up her textbooks. She sighed and placed the books aside seeing a folder labeled “Layla”. She opened it seeing all the documents Nick said he needed. She grinned and rushed back into the office to call Nick for the fax number. After she faxed the documents she went into the bathroom hating how the pregnancy made her feel the need to go every five seconds it seemed.



As she pulled down her underwear she noticed something red against the pale cotton of her undergarment. She looked at it for a long moment and realized she was spotting. Growing nervous she changed her underwear and went to the phone calling to move her appointment with Dr. Petrarch to that afternoon. Just after she rang off with the office the phone rang again and she answered it hurriedly sighing when she heard her mother on the other end.



“Are you all right sweetheart?” Mary asked worried about her daughter.



Alyssa sat on the couch in the office and sighed, “I started spotting…is that normal?”



Mary swallowed hard and looked around the room seeing a picture of her family. “Are you under a lot of stress?”



“Yeah, Nick’s mom, the show, work, just everything right now and I do not need this to be happening to the baby.”



“Well sweetie you need to decompress, if not for your sake for my grandchild. Your doctor will probably put you on bed rest soon if you continue this pace dear. Why isn’t Nick helping you?”



Alyssa rolled her eyes a little, “He’s been in Nashville recording and now he’s in Florida trying to get Layla because Jane gave her away to the pound!” She exclaimed all in one breath. “And besides even if he was here we’d be fighting anyways, it seems it’s all we do lately is nit pick everything little thing the other does.”



“Well it’s normal dear, don’t worry, spotting does happen it’s an indication that the stress you’re under is making the baby feel it too. So slow down for me please.” She reasoned with her tone soft and full of concern.



Alyssa sighed knowing her mother was indeed right, and hopefully everything would soon be set right. All she needed was clearance from the doctor and she’d be okay with going on maternity leave early. She just wished Nick could be there with her.



That afternoon…



Nick brought Layla over to his friend James’ house after successfully retrieving her. “I have to go to LA and find some way of getting her back there.”



“Charter a jet?”



“Yeah probably” Nick shrugged. “It’ll take a few days to even arrange it.” He added as his friend pat him on his shoulder.



“Hey I like Layla so we’ll be fine, I’ve got three pit bulls myself so no worries she’ll be taken care of.”



“Yeah…I think I’ll crash here until I can arrange something for Layla and I to go back to LA together.” Nick decided, LA could certainly wait an extra day or two couldn’t it?



Meanwhile Alyssa folded her hands over her stomach as she waited for Dr. Petrarch to enter the room. She looked around surveying the little treatment room seeing various models and pictures of Dr. Petrarch holding new born babies all with names, dates and weights written on them.



“Hello Alyssa…” Dr. Petrarch said as she walked into the room. “So you’re spotting right?”



“Yes and since I had a miscarriage once I was worried it would happen again.”



Dr. Petrarch smiled and had her layback. “Well we’ll do an amniocentesis today and you’ll find out in a few days whether or not there’s any possible defects.”



“Defects?”



“Yes, any of them are treatable and rarely ever cause a huge problem. Pretty much this is to test for down syndrome and other types of brain problems for the baby. I know he has an irregular heart beat, it’s still pretty weak it’s not as strong as it should be for this far along in the pregnancy, but even if he has a heart problem there are so many advances that will be able to give him a normal and happy life.” She explained as she prepped Alyssa for the procedure.



Alyssa swallowed hard and took it all in, her baby…could be in danger and she felt completely helpless at that point. How could she protect him if her own body decided to hurt him? She clenched her jaw as the sharp pain of the long needle began to pierce her stomach. She closed her eyes letting a few tears of pain and sadness escape as she clutched the sides of the table. More and more she wished, Nick were there beside her to hold her hand and reassure her everything would be ok.



That evening…



Alyssa walked slowly through the aisles of the supermarket holding onto the cart as she found some things she needed on her list. She was taking things slower now, just because she knew she had to, even called Jennifer to tell her that she was going on maternity leave early and was put on minor bed rest with the ability to get out around town but only for an hour at a time. She sighed a little as she grabbed a box of Lucky Charms throwing them into the cart knowing that Nick might want them when he’d get home.



“Still hasn’t changed has he?” A familiar voice said behind her. She whipped around seeing Amanda’s smiling face. “Hey you.” She said with a grin.



“Amanda!” Alyssa exclaimed giving her a hug.



“Holy crap are you pregnant?” Amanda asked seeing the baby bump.



Alyssa chuckled a little, “Yeah and engaged…” She said flashing her the ring Nick had put there just a few short months before.



Amanda’s jaw dropped and she chuckled a bit, “Well, Nick finally grew up I’m glad. I’m getting married myself.” She said flashing her ring.



Alyssa smiled at her, “That’s awesome Amanda, really that’s cool.”



“So how far are you?”



“Five months almost.”



“Wow four more to go!”



“Actually technically five…no one tells you but a pregnancy is actually ten months.”



“You’re kidding?”



“Nope. Nick’s been in Nashville and for the past two weeks has been trying to get his dog back.”



“Oh yeah I saw that all over the tabloids, I can’t believe that Jane did that, I mean I know she can be pretty horrible but damn…She’s never been one to do that to an animal before.”



“Yeah I almost can’t wait to hear what excuse it is this time. I mean Nick even paid her…”



“Yeah I’m sure. But how’s everything with you two?”



Alyssa shrugged, “It’s been rough honestly, we’ve been having problems ever since the show started back in February, and it hasn’t dissipated since it ended.”



Amanda gave her a concerned look, “How long have you two been dating, over two years right?”



“Three years this October…”



Amanda sighed, “Three year itch…”



“What?”



“Nick and I started having more and more problems after our second anniversary. And it wasn’t long before I found out about you. And then when you joined us for the summer? It became clear that he was much more interested in you…”





Alyssa’s face contorted in thought, was that what was happening to her and Nick? Were they falling apart like he and Mandy did?



Amanda noticed the look on her face, “He’s friends with another woman isn’t he?”



Alyssa looked over at her and nodded, not liking the fact that Amanda could see right through her. Nick normally wasn’t friends with females, the only female friends he’d ever really had aside from his sisters was Alyssa, and her friends. So for him to become friends with Emma, it was odd to her that he would hang out with her but then it all made sense. Emma was friends with his sister, like Alyssa had been friends with Leslie all those years before. Was he experiencing the same conflict he had about Alyssa?



Late that night…



Nick trudged into the spare bedroom of James’s home and threw himself on the bed, tired and a little bit more than tipsy from drinking and playing poker with his boys. He was happy he was able to get Layla out of the pound safely and without much incident now he had to charter a jet just to take her home since pit bulls weren’t allowed on commercial flights. He spied his sidekick over on the nightstand and picked it up dialing Alyssa’s number from his speed dial. He heard it go to voicemail and frowned ending the call without leaving a message. He knew it was late in LA but he didn’t care he wanted to talk to his fiancée but apparently she was already asleep for the night. Sighing in defeat he scrolled through his contacts and pressed send when he found the number he was looking for.



“Hello?” Emma said groggily answering her phone.



“Heeyyy. Em.” He slurred a little.



Emma sat up a little turning on her light, “Nick?”



“Yeah that’d be me…” He said giggling slightly.



Emma thought for a moment, “Nick, have you been drinking?”



“Shh don’t tell anyone I’m supposed to be on a diet.” He said in an almost childlike whisper.



Emma laughed and sighed, “I promise your secret’s safe with me. So why didn’t you call Alyssa?” She asked wondering why exactly he chose to call her over his fiancé.



“Because she’s being a brat and turned off her phone. And I wanted to talk…so you were the first number I called after hers.”



Emma sighed a little, dismayed that she was the back up plan when his girl wasn’t there for him. She couldn’t deny the slight thrill she got from hearing from him at all. She’d be lying to herself if she hadn’t developed a liking to him, but at the same time she kept her distance as well. He was after all engaged to be married, about to become a father, she definitely did not want to cause herself the heartache of falling in love with someone who was so hopelessly in love with someone else. “So how much exactly did you drink?”



“Hmmm I lost count after five…” He said hiccupping a little.



Emma sighed knowing she’d have to do this to be a good friend to him and to be okay for herself and her own moral fiber. “Maybe you should get some sleep then, you’re going to have a bitch of a hangover in the morning.”



“Boo…no sleep…I wanna see the sunrise…” He said dismissing her idea.



“Well Nick I’ll let you go do that then, some of us have class early in the morning.” She suggested yawning a little.



“Sorry I called so late…” He muttered.



She sighed and looked around her bedroom, “It’s okay I’m glad you called, get some rest okay? I’ll talk to you soon.”



“Sure we gotta go over those business proposal idea thingees right…?” He said slurring a little and stifling a yawn.



“Yes, go to sleep okay?”



“Yeah sure…” He said as they rang off. He rolled onto his stomach thinking about everything, his love for his fiancée and starting their family, to his attraction to Emma…then to his mother and the tabloids…why did life always have to have so much drama? He thought to himself as he slowly drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

 

 

As always R&R!!

End Notes:
And again thanks to Tri whose been inspiring me WAYYYY too much lately.
Chapter 18: Big Fat Liar by Teri
Author's Notes:
WOO! chapter 18!! Ahead of schedule too! 17 was supposed to be done tonight, but i finished that a few days ago. Hopefully this will continue and I can get chapter 19 out of my mind tonight cuz yes it's DEFINITELY HEATING UP AROUND HERE! LOL it's gonna get interesting so I hope you all stay tuned and please let me know what ya'll think okies?
Chapter Eighteen: Big Fat Liar



Nick walked off the plane holding tightly onto Layla’s lead as he led her through the special part of the airport for private flights. He knew that Clark and Aaron were meeting him since Alyssa had been told not to do much strenuous travel in her condition so she sent her brother and future brother-in-law to fetch him and Layla.



Nick smiled as he approached Aaron’s Escalade, Layla excitedly pulling him along as she spotted familiar faces and wanted to greet them. Clark grinned and opened the back gate of the truck to let Layla jump in and lay down in the cargo area. He rubbed her head as she panted slightly from the excitement of the travel. Nick gave a quick hug to both Aaron and Clark before they all piled into the truck and headed for home.



“So how hard was it to arrange everything?”



“It wasn’t too bad, I mean I had to charter a jet to even fly Layla to Florida in the first place. But it was just on really short notice that I had to do everything. I think from now on I’ll just have Beej or Angel stay with Layla whenever I travel.”



Aaron huffed a little and laughed, “Why did you even send her to Mom in the first place, you know she can’t be trusted.”



“I don’t know I think I just wanted to see if I could trust her.”



Clark sighed a little and turned in his seat to look at Nick, “But seriously, have you gotten her side of the story yet?”



Nick shrugged, “No, I’ve been so focused on getting Layla home that I don’t even care what she has to say.” He explained. He wanted to be angry with her, be completely upset and hate her forever, but it did occur to him that he wasn’t getting the whole story. Maybe it was really all a misunderstanding?



“Well all I’m saying is just find out all sides of the situation then make your decision.” Clark advised looking at Nick with a concerned glance.



Nick chuckled and bit his lip, “Thank you Mr. Cronkite…” He quipped sarcastically. “Or maybe I should say Margaret Bourke White since you’re a photographer.”



Clark rolled his eyes and laughed a little, “Ass…you’re lucky my little sister loves you.”



Nick laughed a little as they walked into his home. “Alyssa’s napping so we’ll hang out on the deck.” Aaron remarked as they headed out to the back patio letting Layla roam free throughout the house.



Nick relaxed on the lounge chair looking over at his two brothers, really both of them were, Aaron of course by blood, and Clark in all the ways that mattered. “So Aaron how are things with Kaci?”



Aaron smiled and sighed in delight, “Really well now that I’ve decided to put Kellie past me. I’ve really fallen in love with Kaci. And I told her…”



“You did?”



“Yep, she was shocked…”



“Reminds me of when I told Ali that I loved her…” He remarked thinking back to that fateful night.



“What?” She asked clutching the sheet to her naked body. “Nick you love me?”



Nick grinned and pulled her closer to him, “Yes, I love you Alyssa…” He said leaning in and kissing her neck.



Alyssa closed her eyes a little relishing in his lips on her skin exciting her to have him take her again. She pushed him away from her body looking at him momentarily before leaning in and pressing her lips to his fully. She didn’t know if he really did love her but she knew that she didn’t want the night to end. She had a feeling it was going to be the last time she’d get him like this, that’d he’d be done with her by morning so she better get as much of him while she can. She let him push her body down onto the bed and discard the sheet between their bodies as he continued to kiss her mouth massaging her tongue gently with his own. Alyssa wrapped her arms around him spreading her legs as he settled between them entering her slowly. Alyssa broke the kiss and threw her head back gasping for air as she felt him slide slowly within her. She was still quite sore from the first round but the initial pain had dulled overpowered by the pleasure of him being inside her, on top of her. Nick looked up to her face seeing the near pained expression and stopped short. “Are you all right?” He asked making her look up at him and in his eyes.



She nodded and leaned up kissing him trying to urge him to continue. When he didn’t move at all she stopped and looked up at him. “Please…I…need you…to…” She muttered breathing hard as he leaned down claiming her mouth hooking his arms under her shoulders as he began to move in and out of her at a painfully slow pace. She sighed and turned her head slightly breathing in deeply.



“God…Lissa you…feel…so good…” He muttered in between placing kisses to her neck and collarbone.



Alyssa tangled her hands in his hair and wrapped her legs around his hips. Getting a wicked idea she smirked, “Nick…”



He looked up at her seeing her hair splayed out across his bed. “Hmmm?” He asked slowing his movements teasing them both.



“Roll over…I want to try something…” She said with an almost coy grin.



He smirked and rolled them over letting her straddle his hips. She placed her hands on his chest as she sunk down onto him throwing her head back letting her hair swish covering her face. Nick sat up at that moment as she began to thrust her hips onto his. He pushed her hair out of her face holding it at the nape of her neck as his other hand went to her hip urging her to move a little harder making her moan and dig her fingernails into his shoulder blades. Nick pulled on her hair exposing her neck fully to him as he attacked it licking and sucking and nibbling along her throat smirking as he felt the guttural groan brew from deep within her throat. He pulled her body even closer to his while he began to thrust his hips up in time to meet hers thrust for thrust. Alyssa moved her hips faster trying to bring them closer to their climaxes as fast as she could.



He knew she wanted the torture to end but he didn’t, he flipped them over slowing their pace again slipping a hand in between them to rub over her clit as he thrust inside her deeply. “Harder…” She muttered making him think he was hallucinating.



“What?” He asked breathlessly.



Alyssa shuddered and tightened her legs around his hips and cried out in pleasure, “Harder…please…harder…” She pleaded making him grin and thrust harder feeling her walls begin to contract around him.



“Lissa…” He growled as he felt her orgasm wash over her sending him over the edge as well with a loud growl releasing himself inside her. He pressed his forehead to hers as they slowly relaxed from their high. He didn’t pull away from her body just yet, reveling in feeling so close to her, mentally, physically and emotionally. He opened his eyes seeing her green ones studying him slowly. He saw the range of emotions, fear, relief, happiness, lust…and what looked like love. Could she really feel the same as him and only be hiding her true feelings?




Nick sighed at the memory the questions that night had made him consider. He never would ever regret that night, it made him realize just how much he loved her and still did. It was memories like that, that reminded him over and over that he did make the right decision to ask her to marry him. She did really love him even though she had problems emotionally opening up to him, but really to him he knew deep down that she wouldn’t be pushing him away like she was if in her heart she felt something real and deep for him.



“You in there?” Clark asked looking at Nick’s far away expression



“Huh what?”



Clark chuckled and patted him on the shoulder, “Go take a nap dude you must be jet lagged.” He said smirking.



Nick nodded and headed up the stairs smiling when he saw Alyssa’s form beneath the covers. He went over to his side laying down facing her. He watched the peaceful expression on her face as she moaned lightly in her sleep. She moved towards Nick’s side, unconsciously cuddling up to him. When it registered that it was him and not a pillow she stirred opening her eyes. “You’re home…”



He grinned and brushed a few stray strands from her face. “Yeah baby I’m home.”



She smiled and pressed her lips to his in a sweet kiss. He grinned into the kiss opening his mouth as her tongue swept out momentarily. Just as soon as it began the kiss ended with Alyssa pulling away. She had so many things she wanted to tell him. The baby’s heart defect being the main one. The stress of finding out that their child would need major heart surgery after it was born was enough to make anyone’s head spin. She knew she’d have to tell him sooner or later but she wanted to wait at least for now so she wouldn’t ruin his homecoming.



Three days later…



“Nick, I can’t believe you didn’t come to me. This whole thing was a huge misunderstanding, I went away for the weekend with your stepfather.”



“He’s not my stepfather, he’s just your husband.” Nick reasoned. “And why is this such a big misunderstanding mother? Why didn’t you tell me you’d be traveling, I would have found more stable living arrangements for my own dog.”



Jane sighed and bit her lip, “It was a surprise so we had Layla over at our neighbor’s who raises pit bulls and has a kennel. So she’d be with other dogs and be safe until we returned a few days later. And for some reason she got out and someone found her and took her to the shelter I’m assuming. We didn’t even know she had gone until we got back and saw the news about her.”



“But you made no attempt to contact me and let me know you knew about this?”



“We didn’t know until after you knew.” She lied.



Nick sighed, he didn’t want to fight with her, it seemed completely logical for this to happen, but at the same time he couldn’t deny that sinking feeling in his stomach that Jane had merely gotten sick of Layla and dumped her at a local pound. “Still you should have said something about going away. But whatever, just forget it, I have more important things to worry about.” He replied snidely.



“Nick don’t be like that, I’m sorry that this whole misunderstanding happened, can we please just move past it. If not for me for my grandson?”



Nick closed his eyes knowing deep down she was right, he hated to admit it but he didn’t want to keep his son from his grandmother even though he wasn’t even born yet. “Yeah sure Mom it’s fine, what’s done is done, just don’t do it again okay. You need to be honest with me.”



“I promise I will.”



He sighed as they rang off and he looked over seeing AJ and Kellie smiling at each other. “You two are disgustingly adorable you know that right?”



Kellie giggled and rested her head on AJ’s shoulder, “Hey someone’s gotta keep the cute quotient going, since you and Alyssa aren’t adorable anymore. By the way where is my best friend?” Kellie retorted.



Nick sighed and looked out the window seeing the Malibu coastline. “I miss it to be honest. Ever since we found out that she’s pregnant she’s like this completely different person. And she’s at home working on paperwork from the bedroom. She’s put on moderate bed rest but she’s still doing paperwork! It’s infuriating I had to get away for a little while.”



“Yeah but she’s still Ali, the woman you asked to marry you.” Kellie reasoned. She saw the pained expression on his face and nudged him with her foot. “Hey, does this have anything to do with a certain blonde chef?”



Nick looked over at her wide-eyed not knowing how to take how she saw through him so clearly. “Emma has nothing to do with this.”



Kellie’s eyes narrowed, “I don’t think you should be hanging out with her personally. She’s like Brandon was for Alyssa. She’s making you doubt your choices as far as Alyssa’s concerned isn’t she?”



“No, she’s reaffirming them.”



“Yeah keep telling yourself that Nick…Just don’t do something stupid that will hurt Alyssa.” Kellie warned.



Later that day…



“Nick where are you taking me?” Emma asked giving him an odd glance as he drove her throughout the city.



Nick chuckled a little, “I told you it’s a surprise, I saw it not to long ago and thought it’d be perfect for you.” He replied making her eye him suspiciously.



Emma saw him pull up in front of an abandoned building not far from the beach, within walking distance actually. He stopped the truck and motioned for her to get out. They walked up and he opened the door letting her inside. “Nick what is this place?” She asked as she walked around what looked like an old seafood restaurant.



“You like it?” He asked expectantly.



Emma chuckled and sighed, “It’s a dump…” She joked as they walked into the tight kitchen.



“Yeah but it’s your dump now.” He remarked standing right behind her as she surveyed everything. He’d wanted to do this for Emma and his sister for a long time, find them the perfect spot for their restaurant and make it their own.



“Huh?” Emma said swinging around knocking right into Nick’s chest. They stood like that for a moment almost pinned to each other in the cramped kitchen. Nick looked down at her noticing her blue eyes sparkle in the light of the room. He looked away and moved to the side getting his body away from hers. It was almost too close for comfort in his mind. “Sorry but what do you mean it’s mine?”



“Well this could be your restaurant. It’s perfect for what you’re looking to do. Great area, and I bought the building for you and my sister to renovate how you choose. It’s the least I could do to get you guys started.”



“Nick this is too much, seriously I can’t accept this.”



Nick chuckled and rested his elbows on a dusty counter. He watched her as she walked around the room opening drawers, then bent down to open a lower cupboard full of pots and pans. He watched her body his mind immediately imagining going over and ripping her clothes off. He turned away momentarily to catch his breath. He hated how his own imagination lately was completely betraying him. He didn’t like Emma that way, true she was attractive but no, no, no he loved Alyssa and his mind was just being mean because Alyssa was ignoring him. He moved over to the stove resting his hand on the edge of it.



Emma turned back around and smiled, “I can’t believe this, you’re a really great friend Nick.” She remarked putting her hand on top of his momentarily.



Nick glanced down at the innocent contact between their hands and then back up to her. “You’re welcome…it’s the least I could do.” He reiterated meeting her eyes then let his gaze drift to her mouth immediately cursing himself for doing so.



Emma sensed the confusion in his look and began to pull her hand away. She had no idea exactly what her touch and mere presence was doing to him. Normally she knew exactly how to attract a man, but she kept her distance from Nick, after all he’d never fall for her, not when his heart so wholly belonged to Alyssa.



Nick grabbed her hand as she pulled away and pulled her back to him looking at her for a long moment as their faces came within inches of each other’s. Lost in his eyes Emma stood there for a moment looking up at him not wanting to move away but did anyways. She knew right then he was attracted to her, and could almost ruin everything between him and Alyssa if she let it go too far. “Nick we shouldn’t…you shouldn’t…” She began not knowing how to word it quite right.



“I know, I’m sorry, just got caught up for a moment. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have…” He said getting a confused look on his face.



“Nick I think you should go home to Alyssa.”



“I know…”



Meanwhile…



Alyssa sighed as she finally finished off her paperwork and relaxed into the cushy sheets of hers and Nick’s bed. She couldn’t wait for him to arrive home. Now that she was completely finished with her work she could get back to focusing on them as a couple. And no doubt she had a lot of things to discuss with him. She was worried to say the least about their baby having a heart defect but she knew also that it wasn’t going to be fatal either that the odds were stacked in their favor with the advances in medicine over the past five years alone. However at the same time she was scared, scared for her child that all he’d know is hospitals growing up and she definitely didn’t want that for him.



She sighed as the phone rang, she hoisted herself up and grabbed it from the charger. “Hello?”



“Hi…Alyssa this is Jane…”



Alyssa rolled her eyes at the thought of Jane calling. “What do you want?”



“I just called to talk to you.”



“Well Jane I don’t think it was right for you to do what you did. You should have been honest with Nick.” Alyssa chided. “I mean what is this do you just not respect him at all?”



“I don’t think I like your tone Alyssa, I called to apologize to you, Nick and I already made our peace.”



“Well you have a lot more apologizing to do Jane, you come into my home and call me a whore, then all you do is hover and create petty drama for the other siblings and then Nick is so stressed trying to be a good brother to them and then you pull this shit with Layla. Don’t lie to me I know you did it.”



Jane huffed a little, “At least I know he’s not marrying you just for your sex drive. You’re quite the smart one Alyssa what tipped you off?”



“The fact that the tabloids got wind of it so quickly. The whole thing wreaked of you Jane. And quite frankly I don’t think you’re welcome in our home anymore if you’re going to be that careless and heartless to treat your eldest son that way.” She said hanging up, she didn’t want to deal with Jane anymore and completely ruin her plans.



Meanwhile Jane dialed Nick’s number angry that Alyssa had hung up on her. “Hello?” He asked as he answered his sidekick just after dropping Emma off back at her apartment.



Jane sniffled a little, “I tried to call Alyssa and apologize for the misunderstanding.”



Nick immediately got concerned with the tone of his mother’s voice. “What happened?”



Jane bit back a cry a little hoping this would get to him. “Nick, she was awful telling me how I’m not welcome in your home anymore and how she hates me and everything…” She said laying it on thick.



“I’ll talk to her okay. She’s probably just tired and stressed out.”



“Okay.” Jane said ringing off with him. She sighed and smirked. She’d gotten exactly the reaction she’d hoped for.



Later that evening…



Nick walked in greeting Layla with a pat on her head. Going up the stairs he heard soft music playing from their bedroom. Once he walked in he saw Alyssa propped up on the bed reading a book. “Hey!” She said with a smile seeing him walk in. She moved to get up and walked over to him giving him a kiss. “How was your day?” She asked.



He grinned, “Okay, spent some time with Kel and Alex. They’re disgusting how cute they’ve gotten.” He said. “I spent some time with Emma, going over things for her restaurant idea.”



“Emma eh? You’ve been hanging out a lot with her.” Alyssa stated nervously.



Nick nodded, “She’s a sweet girl, she’s going to be an amazing chef. You’d love her food.”



“I would…maybe…” Alyssa said getting dismayed a little and moved back to the bed sitting on it.



“What’s wrong?” He asked sensing there was something wrong. “I mean come on you’re mean to my mother and then I come home and you’re all jealous about Emma a girl you have nothing to worry about.” He said trying to convince himself of the same thing. His attraction to Emma was purely physical and he almost acted on it. The fact was glaringly clear that Alyssa and him were growing apart, and he hated it.



“You have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about Nick. Jane was rude to me! And I called her out for the whole thing with Layla.”



“She apologized for that Alyssa, come on.”



“Nick how can you keep forgiving her, she’s only hurting you more and more at every turn!?”



“I don’t want to discuss this, not everyone can have a perfect little family like yours Alyssa.”



“Fine maybe you’ll just discuss it with Emma then.” Alyssa said folding her arms. This was definitely not how she envisioned their evening at all. But just the thought of Emma anywhere near Nick made her stomach turn in knots. She was exactly the girl Nick always went for, blonde, and pretty. Completely opposite to her in her mind at least.



“Will you leave Em out of this? She’s done nothing wrong.”



“Em?!? You have a nickname for her?”



Nick rolled his eyes, “Alyssa you’re being ridiculous.”



Alyssa saw the look on his face and knew it, it was the same one he’d get whenever Amanda had been jealous about Alyssa. “Oh…my…God Amanda was right…”



Nick looked over at her with a perplexed expression. “What are you talking about?”



“You want her don’t you.” Alyssa said seeing the guilty expression cross his face. “Oh God…” she said crumbling into tears. “Here I am killing myself to get paperwork done so I can focus on taking care of our child and you’re off lusting after another woman!” She cried.



Nick stopped what he was doing and knelt in front of her. “Sugar…I love you okay…”



Alyssa looked at him her face streaked with tears and her eyes and nose red and puffy. “Not anymore…”



Nick felt himself tear up a little and brushed her hair out of her face. “No I really love you. We’ve grown so far apart lately. And I know I found myself going to Emma to talk about things I used to talk to you about and I’m sorry. We have problems baby, but I won’t give up on us I promise.”



“I just can’t take much more, what with the baby having a heart defect and now Emma… I can’t lose you…” She proclaimed.



Nick felt a pang deep in his heart, a heart defect…how could he not see it before that was why Alyssa was afraid of letting him in. She’d been hiding her own pain about their child. “A heart defect?” He said his voice breaking as he spoke. “Is he okay?”



Alyssa nodded, “For now, they can’t tell exactly what until after he’s born but his heartbeat isn’t as strong as it should be. That’s how they figured it out, they’ve been running tests and can tell it’s something to do with his blood flow from his heart. They said they’d know more once he’s born and that it’s nothing to really worry about because it’s completely fixable.”



“Yeah but it’s our son. It’s our right to be worried.”



“I know and it’s just been so hard, not knowing what it is. They said that it’s normal to have a heart defect these days about 1 in 100 kids are born with them and are rarely ever life threatening. It’s just so hard not knowing which one since there’s not a whole lot they can do until he’s here.”



Nick sighed and laid them both down on the bed rubbing his hand over her tummy. “I promise I’ll be there with you every step of the way. We can do this, we’re going to have a healthy little boy I promise you.” He said pulling her to him letting her cry against him. His heart felt so heavy just at the thought of his first child being in any sort of pain. It scared him for what the future could hold. He held onto Alyssa tighter whispering. “We’ll get through it and he’ll be okay.” He said feeling confident that things between them would get better and better as time passed and the end of her pregnancy neared, so they could welcome their son into the world.















As always read and review! Authors love feedback and happy authors mean more fiction!!



End Notes:
Tri and Jamanda you two rock! Thanks for all the help this chapter!
Chapter 19: Return Of The Bitch by Teri
Author's Notes:
Can I say bitch in a chapter title? oops guess I can hahah! Okay i'm a major dork. Anyways WOO! Chapter 19 is done yay! And now on to the biggest most dramatic chapters. I warn you all now chapters 20 through 32 are going to be MAJOR major drama. Have your tissue boxes ready and loosen your jaws cuz we're in for a bumpy ride! Just ask Tri lol she's been ranting about what I have planned for weeks now lol (love you tri!!!) So *evil laugh* ya'll are gonna be surprised at what I have in store. At least I HOPE you will be. And TEN BILLION points if you can figure out whose playing Nick's therapist and NO tri you can't answer since you already know. Hint it's all in the last name!
Chapter Nineteen: Return Of The Bitch



*********************************
Nick Narrating:



I can’t fucking believe myself. What the hell am I doing?! I’ve completely lost it. God how could I let myself get so distant from the woman I love? And almost completely fuck it all up because I happen to be sexually frustrated and Emma is just trying to be a good friend.



Emma…

She’s such a good person and what do I do? Automatically I make things awkward. I almost kissed her for fuck’s sake. I shouldn’t have even thought twice let alone acted on it. I’m going to my therapist to talk about it. And I hope he understands where I’m coming from and can help me get past this. I don’t even like Emma aside from platonic friendship. Is it just my mind fucking with me? Because Alyssa and I have drifted so far from each other that my subconscious is pushing me towards the next option?



But why would I have almost kissed her? What was I thinking? She’s done nothing but been a good friend to me and what do I do? I go and practically mess everything up. I have WAY more willpower than this don’t I? How was I ever able to resist Alyssa for so long if I didn’t have any self-control?



I know I slept with random women to satisfy what I wasn’t getting. Fuck am I reverting back to that? I don’t get sex for four months and I’m automatically hedging my bets on some other girl? And blonde no less. I thought I was out of my blonde phase or whatever it was.



Ugh I don’t even understand myself.



Even inviting my mom back to the house after the whole Layla thing. God what am I thinking? I know I should hate her. All my fans seem to think so, then Alyssa thinks so too. Can’t everyone understand that I want a relationship with my mother? Isn’t it completely logical that what she said happened actually happened? I mean I know I shouldn’t completely trust her and I don’t but damnit I’m just trying to keep a relationship with her.



Is that so bad?



I want what Alyssa has. She has this amazing relationship with her family. And I don’t at all. I don’t get the relationships she does. Why? Because I don’t exactly know…the fame maybe? My parents changed a lot after the fame seeped in and I became the main breadwinner in the house. I guess that’s why I’m trying so hard to provide for Alyssa and our future son. I need for them to understand that I want to take care of them like my parents didn’t.



I guess I’m just crazy you know? I love my family and my new family too. It’s all a bit heady you know? To think, holy shit I’m a DAD! How fucking cool is that? I get to raise a little boy with my soon to be wife. And teach him all the little things a kid should know. Man I’m rambling I know. But bringing my mom here. Well it’s for a reason really. It’s to keep an eye on her, a close one at that. I want to know for sure if she’s truly worth my time.



And I think all will reveal itself sooner or later.



End Narration.
***********************************


***********************************
Alyssa Narrating:



I hate bed rest, I hate summer, it’s July and it’s warm out and it’s like ten billion times worse when you feel like a friggin' whale. I’m glad the bed rest is only moderate for now that I can still go out as long as I don’t stand for very long. Which is why I’m glad Kevin and Kristin are throwing a barbecue. She just had Mason a week ago and it’s nice to be able to sit and talk with her. We saw his initial pictures from Kevin’s email, and he’s just friggin’ adorable and has a full head of dark hair. It’s just too cute for words I swear.



I’m so excited about becoming a mom. It’s really scary too. The idea that our son might have to have surgery as a baby. It’s the thing a mother doesn’t wish on her child. But I know that if it’s to make him healthy and have a normal childhood then I guess it’s the price you pay for him to be normal.



It’s been so crazy you know? With everything going on. And this whole Jane drama. Which by the way I am seriously starting to understand why so many of Nick’s fans hate her. She’s been staying with us to “help” me through my last four months of pregnancy and all she’s done is hover and make things worse. I hate that. She acts all high and mighty and keeps talking about how my son is illegitimate because he’s being born out of wedlock.



Which of course made me chime back with “well then if that’s the case Nick’s one too”. Since he was conceived out of wedlock. Rumor has it, and you know me I’m never one for rumors, is that he as conceived in a big rig truck. Doesn’t surprise me one bit if it’s true. Although I’ve never really put much stock in rumors you can find on the message boards. Bob and Jane, they tried to make it work, but ended up only making things worse by having so many kids. Don’t get me wrong I love Nick and his siblings, they’re some of the greatest people I know. But it wasn’t fair to them to get parents who weren’t really in love.



They might have been at one time but they didn’t work at it. Like Nick and I do. Sure we’re having a lot of problems right now, but I’m trying to get past them. We didn’t go through all this drama throughout our friendship and our relationship to just pack it in did we?



Which leads me to Emma…



She scares me. Honestly she does, not by anything she does, I mean I know she’s a good person I’ve met her and talked with her. She seems to really respect my relationship with Nick. However, with that said, it scares me that she’s made Nick doubt us. Doubt his attraction to me, and doubt his own self-control. I should have figured he’d be attracted to her, she’s the exact sort he always goes for with one tiny exception. She actually has a brain. Not many of the women he’s been with can boast that. I think myself and a few others did but mainly they were few and far between.



Knowing that Nick has his doubts, it’s not so much that I know. I feel it. We’ve had these moments where I’ve never felt more distant from him and it really scares me. The very thought of him doubting us feels like nails on a chalkboard to me. The idea of him leaving me I just can’t even bear it. I wouldn’t survive losing him. There are a lot of things I could live through, but him…no that would be…gah I can’t even think about it. I can see in his eyes in his mannerisms that he has doubts, and really it’s my fault.



I’ve been pushing him farther and farther away lately.



And it isn’t just about sex. It’s true I don’t think that sexually I’m attractive anymore because let’s face it I feel like a beached whale half the time. And I don’t get how he can even see me attractive anymore so I figured it’s just because he’s horny and wants some ass. But I really know that it’s hard for him too. Going without the physical contact we both still really crave from each other. And maybe once the baby’s here we can get back to that. But with his mother being around I don’t see that happening anytime soon.



Especially with him recording all the time and then his label and other business ventures he’s getting into. It’s like where do I fit in, in all this. What part of the plan am I a part of? Is it the happy little family he’s always wished for. Hell we haven’t even set a date for our own wedding yet. And I know, I know we’re waiting until after the baby gets here.



At least we need to start thinking of names for him. I know I have a million ideas. I just have to talk to him about them. And really I think that’s what we need right now. To talk, and just plan and be happy for our future together and our burgeoning little family. I think that’s what will make everything better.



At least I hope so.



End Narration.
***********************************



Nick and Alyssa walked up to Kevin and Kristin’s home holding hands. “I think this will be good for us.” Nick remarked as they strode up the driveway.



“You do?”



“Yeah, we hardly do anything together anymore and it’ll be nice to be just us again with all our friends.” He said smiling leaning over and giving her a kiss.



She smiled a little and gripped his hand. Things have gotten a little better she had to admit. Since their fight things had definitely come out into the open and made things better. They talked a lot more. True the physicality of their relationship hadn’t returned but she suspected it was because of her own emotional issues and self esteem. She’d give anything to go back to the beginning of their relationship, revel in just lying together after a night of intense lovemaking. She missed that more so than the act itself.



“Yeah and at least it’ll get me away from your mother.” Alyssa remarked. Jane had come back at Nick’s request to help Alyssa out being on moderate bed rest since he was recording most of the day. Nick hoped having Jane help would help Alyssa and her mend their rift. But frankly it only made things worse. Alyssa didn’t trust having Jane around and Jane made it clear that that hurt her.



“I know, but could you at least try to get along with her? I know you and her butt heads all the time but you two are important to me.”



Alyssa sighed and rubbed his arm. “Okay I’ll try to be nice to her.”



“Okay that’s all I ask, I know you don’t trust her and frankly neither do I, but you did always say that she is my mother.”



Alyssa chuckled a little, “You pick that as the point to start listening to me?” They rang the bell and saw Kevin come to the door through the large windows. He opened it grinning at the couple.



“Hey you two! Wow Alyssa you’re what five months now? Kris will be so excited you came!”



“Just celebrated six months!” Alyssa beamed.



He grinned and hugged them both leading them inside and out to the back patio finding them two seats near his own wife who was cradling little Mason against her chest while he slept.



“Kris…I’ve missed you!” Alyssa proclaimed as she sat down sighing at the relief it brought her from the pain and strain in her back.



Kristin giggled and patted her on her leg. “I’m just so happy you’re here! I heard that you’d been put on bed rest.”



“Moderate, yeah, I just have to be really slow and make people wait on me.” She said giggling.



Kristin and Leighanne laughed heartily. “Yea we totally get that. When I was 6 months with Bay, it was so hard getting around. Brian was amazing.”



Alyssa nodded and looked over at Nick who had gotten up and carried two plates one for himself and the other for Alyssa. “Nick tries. He had Jane come out and help during the day while he records. I know it’s because he wants us to get along and bond.”



“But…?”



Alyssa sighed, “She’s driving me crazy. Wakes me up the minute Nick leaves and hovers every five minutes all day. I can’t even nap with her around.”



“Have you told Nick?”



“Yes and it only gets worse if I do, so I stopped going to him if all he’s going to do is go talk to her about it and tell her to stop and then all she does is make things worse.”



Nick came walking back over balancing two cups, and two paper plates. “Look at you! You know if this whole pop star thing doesn’t work out you’d be an awesome waiter.” Kristin remarked with smile.



Nick rolled his eyes and let Alyssa take a plate and a cup from him, “Thank you baby.”



“Welcome…I figured you might be hungry so I grabbed your usual favorites you can just pick at if you like.” He replied settling himself in the chair.



Alyssa grinned and dug into her food a little, she’d been a little hungrier than she thought. “Wow who the hell made the guacamole?”



“Leigh and Howie.” Leigh said bringing a chair over with a grin.



“It’s really good!” Alyssa said with a smile. “Normally I have to go home for guacamole this good.”



Leigh and Howie smiled happy that Alyssa could make it. “Whoa looks like the party started!” AJ remarked coming in with Kellie in tow.



Kellie grinned and looked around seeing all but one chair taken. AJ chuckled and sat down pulling her across his lap. “Alexander!” She squealed.



Nick chuckled as he watched them remembering when he and Alyssa were like that and how he’d give anything to return to that phase in their relationship. “So you two are getting along well Alyssa said with a snarky grin.



Kellie rolled her eyes and grinned, “Yeah well it’s all your fault Miss Matchmaker.”



“What can I say I figured you two would be good together. Obviously I was right.” Alyssa boasted.



Kellie giggled a little and sighed, “Yes, anyways how have you been? I haven’t seen you in so long. It’s like where’d my best friend go.”



Alyssa looked at her hands, “I know things have been a little rough lately with stress and the pregnancy.” She said as most of the men got up leaving the women alone to talk as they went off to play in the pool. Alyssa watched momentarily as Nick got pushed into the pool by AJ and Howie fully clothed. She smiled as he surfaced spouting a little water and shaking his head.



“So are you going to join us when they tour Kellie?” Leighanne asked with a smile.



Kellie grinned, “I hope to. I graduate in a couple of weeks so I should be free.”



“What are you graduating with again?”



“A masters in fashion design and merchandising.”



“How cool maybe the boys should hire you as their stylist, since they really need a new one.” Leighanne offered with a grin.



Kellie smiled liking that she was being accepted by the other girls. “Thanks Leighanne really, I’m not counting on anything right now I’m definitely open to possibilities though if the right offer comes along.”



Meanwhile across the yard Nick, AJ and Howie laughed and talked a little listening to their women's loud conversation. “So Nicky you ready to be a Dad?” Howie asked with a grin.



Nick sighed and grinned, “Hell yeah I can’t wait.”



“Kellie told me you and Ali haven’t been screwing lately, what’s going on?” AJ asked concerned for his friend.



Nick looked over at Alyssa who was holding her stomach as she laughed hard at a joke one of the other girls said. “Well, every time I tried we either got interrupted or she doesn’t even want me to touch her anymore. The pregnancy hormones I can definitely do without. She’s been moody and needy and I know she feels like she’s a million pounds bigger than she is but every time I try she just gets mad and pushes me away so I sort of stopped trying.”



“Nick stop trying to have sex? Holy shit hell has frozen over!” AJ retorted making Nick laugh.



He shook his head and looked over at Alyssa, he knew they were growing farther and farther apart and it scared the hell out of him. He knew the next 3 and a half to four months until their son arrived would be a real test for them, for their love and for their future. Back over at the table Alyssa got a serious look on her face and turned her attention to Leighanne. “Were you scared that Baylee would have a heart condition, you know since Brian did?”



Leighanne sighed a little, “Yeah we were really worried, and he did have a minor one, but it was nothing to worry about, today most heart problems can be easily fixed. Why do you ask?”



“The baby has a heart defect.” She said solemnly.



A collective gasp rang out around the table. “Do they know what yet?” Kristin asked getting a concerned look on her face.



“No, they don’t know much just that his heart isn’t as strong as it should be.”



Leighanne and Kristin, along with Kellie and Leigh all looked at her silently providing their support. “Well stay positive, he’ll be here before you know it and they’ll be able to fix him up good if there’s any real problem.” Kellie suggested putting her arms around Alyssa.



Four days later…



“So Nick tell me about this recurring dream you keep talking about.”



Nick closed his eyes and settled back on the couch. “It’s been horrible, I’m making out with her, then we’re like going to get it on and she’s like giving me oral and everything and then I realize it’s Emma and not my fiancée Alyssa.”



“Hmm…do you wake up after the realization hits you?”



“Usually yeah, and it completely freaks me out it’s so vivid and I can feel everything.”



The therapist Dr. Pinsky smiled a little, “You’re not nuts you know. When was the last time you and Alyssa had sex?”



“Pretty much four months ago. Like technically we did in the car two and a half months ago but she stopped me half way through because we were out in public.”



He watched Dr. Pinsky take notes here and there and then he looked up, “Do you miss it? Sex with your fiancée?”



“Of course I do. She’s God, just amazing all around, her personality and fuck, she’s just so good in bed.”



“How long have you known Alyssa?”



“Since she was 12 and I was 16. We’re 3 years and 8 months and like 11 days apart. We were friends for over 8 years before we ever even hooked up.”



“And when was that?”



“Her 21st birthday back in 2004. And it turned into everything I’ve ever wanted in a relationship and a woman. She’s so driven with her career and so intelligent it’s fucking frightening. And…beautiful my God doc she’s gorgeous…”



“So maybe your problem right now is you miss the Alyssa you fell for. She’s different now because she’s having a baby, your son, and she’s trying and unsuccessfully balancing everything. And so this dream comes out because your depriving each other of that basic physical intimacy you miss.”



“So what do I do? Every time I even mention sex she’s like ugh not now.”



“Don’t mention it, if you’re trying too hard it’ll make her feel like you just want to get off rather than have her because you love her and want her sexually.”



“And?”



“And…well you have a great opportunity here. Try to rebuild some of that friendship from before. Sex always complicates the hell out of relationships. And as for your dream, let it play out. A dream about another woman is harmless until it starts affecting your waking life, which from that incident you described is already happening.”



“Let it play out? Are you nuts, that’s like mental adultery.” Nick remarked.



Dr. Pinsky laughed heartily and put down his notepad. “Let me be honest with you Nick, before I married my wife, I had phases of doubts like you’re having. It’s completely normal. And this dream may surprise you if you follow it through to conclusion. So let it play out and you might be surprised at what your subconscious is trying to tell you.”



Nick thought for a moment realizing his therapist was right. “Thanks man, I’m glad I came to you.”



Dr. Pinsky smiled and shook Nick’s hand. “Well even though that’s all we have time for today, I would like to see you back every two weeks all right? You’ve got a lot going on in that head of yours.” He remarked making Nick chuckle.



“Thanks again though.”


“Welcome see you in two weeks alright?”



“Sure thing.”



Two hours later…



Nick hit the bag hard letting out all his internal frustrations. “Shit Nick you’re pissed off today huh?” Mike, Nick’s personal trainer remarked as he had to step back a little as he held the bag that Nick continued to pummel.



He stopped momentarily wiping the sweat from his brow. “Not angry just frustrated.”



“Alyssa still not putting out?” Mike joked bracing himself a little as Nick hit the bag with such force it knocked the bag and Mike back a step. Nick stopped a few moments later a little out of breath and sweaty.



Mike handed him his water bottle and towel patting him on his bare shoulder. “Man I’m sorry, when my wife was pregnant with our first kid I could never get sex either. It’s a phase you’ll survive it, if you love each other enough and say and do the right things.



“Like?” He asked as they made their way over to the jump rope. Nick picked up the rope doing a few revolutions then stopped. “I can’t even begin to think what I should do to make things better.”



Mike laughed a little and watched him as he jumped rope, keeping time for him. “Well Nick, do things that show her you’re excited for the baby, paint the nursery, buy baby furniture. What kind of car does she drive?”



“A 2004 Audi TT.” Nick muttered as he continued to exert himself.



“She’s going to be a mom and has a little two-seater sports car?”



“Well I have two SUV’s and a BMW sedan she can use.” Nick replied then he stopped and thought a moment, “Dude…that just sounded completely asshole-ish didn’t it?”



“Yep…so what are you going to do about it?”



Nick grinned a plan forming in his mind, “A little throwback to her 21st birthday present that’s what, with a new maternal twist I think is exactly what I should do.”



About an hour or so later his work out had ended and Nick showered at the gym. As he walked out to his truck he grabbed his sidekick and called his brother. “Hey Aaron will you do me a favor?”



“Sure what’s up?”



Nick smirked as he headed out to his H2. “Meet me at Koi, and bring Ali’s Audi.”



“Why?”



“I want to do something for her is that so bad?”



“No not at all.”



Aaron hung up with Nick ten minutes later and grabbed his keys going over to Nick and Alyssa’s home. He grimaced when Jane answered the door. “Hey Mom, Ali home?”



“She’s in the living room.” She stated with a grin as he passed her into the house going into the living room where Alyssa had spent much of her day lounging on the couch since an earlier nap had been thwarted by Jane making her lunch.



Aaron grinned when he saw her and asked, “I need to borrow your car, for like 3 hours.”



“Why?”



“Because Nick told me to.”



Alyssa giggled a little and sighed, “Okay Mr. Cryptic you’re about as bad as he is. The keys are on the table in the foyer, just don’t wreck it or I’ll have to kill you. I love that car.” She said smirking with a protective tone.



Aaron chuckled and leaned down giving her a hug and then grabbed the keys and left saying goodbye and that he’d be back later with her car in mint condition.



That afternoon…



“Ali, sugar you around?” Nick called out to the house. He’d wanted to completely surprise her with his plan. Aaron had met up with him at Koi only to find out that they were going to a dealership to pick out two new cars. Nick wanted something other than the yellow monstrosity Alyssa had jokingly referred to as his Hummer H2. Later on after making his purchases he dragged Aaron to every furniture store in LA it seemed and then to the hardware store picking up all he needed for his project. After that he’d gone to Lori and Clark’s where they taught him the finer points of installing a car seat that he’d also purchased completely excited for the baby’s arrival in a few short months.



Alyssa came walking in, in one of Nick’s oversized tee shirts and grinned. Although Dr. Petrarch had placed her on moderate-to-strict bed rest she was still able to do a marginal amount of walking around the house, as long as she kept it to a minimum for the upcoming months. “Hey, how was your day?” She asked with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s in one hand and a spoon in the other. Nick smiled and leaned down giving her a short kiss.



“I have a surprise for you out front.” He said with a wicked gleam in his eyes.



Alyssa gave him a sideways glance, “What is it?” Nick chuckled and moved behind her placing his hands over her eyes walking her out to the door, opening it. He uncovered her eyes revealing the surprise, which was a deep blue Range Rover and a matching silver one next to it. Alyssa turned to him for a moment with her eyes wide. “You’ve got to be kidding me?”



“Nope, traded in your Audi today and my H2, which lets face it neither of us ever really use the H2. And got us new cars.” He said as she inspected both vehicles noticing the black and chrome rims, the dark blue and silver paint.



“Which one is mine?”



“The blue one, and look in the back seat.” He urged as she moved over seeing the SUV’s loving how elegant yet practical they both looked. She opened the passenger door seeing a car seat inside it. And Aaron pulling things out of the cargo area.



“Aaron you helped?” She asked realizing that’s exactly why he needed her car earlier in the day. She looked inside the SUV seeing it came with all the amenities that such a nice truck would, navigation system, touch screen, backup camera, and the works. She grinned at the grey leather interior. “You really went for broke huh?”



“Yep, Nick needed someone to help him take both cars in and drive 'em home.”



Alyssa smiled and looked at Nick who was pulling bags full of painting supplies out of the silver Range rover. “Wow, I just wow thank you lover this is so sweet of you!” She exclaimed excitedly. She looked to see all that Aaron was taking out of the trucks and asked, “And what’s all this?”



“A project I should have started a while ago.” He said giving her a kiss on the cheek and going into the house.



“Nick where do you want these boxes?” Aaron shouted as Nick came back out.



Nick paused thinking for a moment, “Upstairs, the room that Angel normally stays in since it’s like right across the hall from the master bedroom.” He suggested making Aaron groan.



“Dude these are heavy!”



Nick chuckled, “So I’ll help you…”



“What is this all about?” She asked going back inside following them as they carried the heaviest box through the door.



Jane walked in at that moment and saw Alyssa standing, “Ali sit down will you, you’re causing too much pressure on your blood vessels in your legs.” She admonished making Alyssa sit on the couch and put up her feet.



Nick walked back in and kissed her forehead. “You’re going to love this, I’ve got the coolest idea for our son’s room.”



“What? All this is for the nursery?”



“Yep…” He grinned. “And he’s going to have the coolest room ever.” He grinned wider dropping a kiss to her lips then one to her tummy.



Alyssa chuckled a bit as Nick left then sobered when she turned to Jane, “Isn’t he the best.” She beamed grinning widely.



“He bought baby furniture?” Jane asked with a devious look on her face.



Alyssa recognized it immediately knowing she was some how going to bring up or at least try to bring up the subject of money. She decided to play aloof to Jane’s treachery and replied simply, “I’m assuming so, it’s sweet he’s getting excited about the baby.”



“Have you two thought of a name yet?”



“No but I definitely have some ideas, I know he does, I hope to talk to him about it later tonight.” She said trying her best to be as polite and killing her with kindness seemed to outwit any of Jane’s inherent negativity.



Later that night…



Alyssa looked through a book of baby names reading over the names she’d previously highlighted. “How about Adam?”



Nick poked his head out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth. “Adam?” He mumbled his mouth full of toothpaste.



“Adam Landon?”



Nick walked out of the bathroom wiping his mouth having finished brushing his teeth. He wrinkled his nose at her suggestion. “Landon?”



“For my grandfather.”



“Hmm, how about Eric or Zachary?”



Alyssa chuckled a bit giving him an odd glance, “Umm no…too cliché.”



Nick sighed a little thinking, “Rhett Aaron?”



Alyssa sighed and looked at him pensively. “Both our brother’s names in there huh?”



“Sounds good doesn’t it?”



“Yeah but Rhett…?” Alyssa replied not really liking the sound of Rhett.



Nick grabbed the baby names book and flicked to a page, “What about Noah?”



Alyssa stopped and looked at him, “I like it…”



“Yeah?”



“Noah Aaron Carter? I can totally see myself screaming it at him from the kitchen when he’s like 4 or 5 and decides to play with crayons on the wall.” Alyssa joked with a lopsided grin.



Nick leaned in claiming her mouth in a sweet kiss. He deepened it letting his sexual frustration out a little pushing her back against the pillows. Nick kissed her more aggressively bringing his hand up her body underneath her oversized tee shirt. Just as she felt his hand go up her ribs she pushed her palms to his chest. He pulled back with a look of utter longing on his face. “Okay, okay I’m stopping.”



Alyssa sighed, “It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just, the doctor said it may not be the best idea, and she wants me on strict bed rest now, only getting up to eat, shower and go to the bathroom.”



Nick sighed and took her hand in his lacing their fingers trying to be content with at least that little bit of contact. “I know and it’s just ugh, it’s difficult not to just want to violate my fiancée,” He explained



Alyssa grinned and rolled onto her side since she had been sleeping like that it made it the easiest for her to be comfortable and for the baby as well. She brushed her hand over his face and sighed, “I love you so much you know that right?”



“Of course I do, I just miss us…”



She grinned and gave him a short but sweet kiss. “And we’ll get back to that eventually I miss it too believe me. But Noah is a little possessive at the moment with my attention.” She joked making him sigh and place his other hand at her stomach.



“I can’t wait 'til he gets here. So I can have at least a little bit of time with you.”



“Yeah good luck there, we’re going to be so exhausted after he’s born. But maybe we should spend a little more time together, you know just the two of us not necessarily sex but at least we’ll get to be together.”



Nick smiled and kissed her forehead, “Sounds like a great idea. See you wonder why I’m marrying you? You’re brilliant.” He said grinning.










As always Read and Review!!!
End Notes:
Once again thank you to Tri, Mel, and Jamanda! Love you guys!
Chapter 20: Salvation by Teri
Author's Notes:
so wow! Another update so soon!! This is all because the drama is ensuing with this chappy. Have you're tissues ready and jaws well oiled hehe. Don't say I didn't warn ya! Let me know what ya'll think I think this will be a pretty pivotal point for all of you readers out there. So let me know okay?
Chapter Twenty: Salvation



11:42 AM the alarm clock’s digital numbers glared at Alyssa from Nick’s nightstand. The bright red numbers taunting her as they ever so slowly ticked away the minutes and seconds. She rolled over to her other side trying in vain to sleep. She felt herself drift away welcoming in the sleep she so desperately wanted.



Meanwhile Jane came up the stairs holding a tray full of things for Alyssa to eat. She opened the door with a bright smile, “Rise and shine! It’s time to eat.” She said with a cheery tone.



Alyssa groaned and rolled over seeing the clock 11:47 AM. Five minutes!? That’s all she got was five minutes of sleep? “Jane can you come back in like an hour?” She asked her voice hoarse.



Jane shook her head and placed the tray on the table. “No you need to eat, to keep that strength up. When I was pregnant with Nick I had a case of diabetes, Bob always made sure I ate.” Alyssa tuned her out as she continued to ramble about when she was pregnant with each child. Alyssa nibbled here and there on the food and before long it was gone. She sighed she hated listening to Jane ramble on and on when she was so exhausted. “Alyssa are you even listening to me?”



Alyssa looked over at her and sighed, “Sorry I zoned out.”



Jane rolled her eyes, “You know that’s really quite rude of you. Here I am telling you all about my experiences with being pregnant and how they can help you and you’re just tuning me out!”



Alyssa groaned inwardly and interjected, “Jane I’m tired and not up for this right now, please just let me get a couple hours of sleep?”



Jane gave her a look then got up taking the tray downstairs. Alyssa sighed and rolled back over trying to sleep again. About thirty minutes later Alyssa was finally asleep resting peacefully. Jane snuck quietly back into the room picking up various things from the floor taking them into the bathroom, mainly Nick’s clothing that was strewn around the room. She picked up other things straightening papers out on the dressers.



Alyssa opened her eyes slightly disturbed by the rustling of papers and clothing and the opening of doors. She huffed and rolled out groaning loud enough for Jane to hear her knowing that she was being disruptive. Jane went about her business putting clothes on hangers, throwing others into the hamper in the bathroom. Each sound seemed to be magnified in the normal silence of the room. Doors opening sounded like jack hammers inside Alyssa’s head, footsteps like loud annoying church bells, and worse the rustling of papers and the screeching of metal hangers on the rungs of the closets was like nails on a chalkboard. Alyssa was about ready to scream at her when the phone began to ring loudly. Alyssa went to reach for it but Jane got there first.



“Carter residence.” She answered cheerfully. “Yes she’s right here, may I ask who’s calling?” She handed Alyssa the phone a moment later. “Your sister Olivia.” She said as Alyssa wrapped her hand around the phone.



“Could I have some privacy to talk to my sister?” She asked wanting Jane out of the room. Jane smirked and walked out of the room closing the door pressing her ear to it so she could listen in. “Ollie?”



“Hey sis, how are you?”



Alyssa sighed, “Horrible, I can’t sleep very well. I’ve been trying to nap and Jane is driving me crazy hovering and shit.”



Olivia sighed, “So that was who answered the phone?”



“Yes that was Jane. Ugh and I try to tell Nick which only make things worse. What would you do?”



Olivia looked over at Angela motioning her to get her attention. She wrote something on a piece of paper holding it up. Angela grinned and ran over to her laptop opening it. “I’d tell her to go fuck herself.”



Alyssa laughed, “I wish I could, she’s got Nick wrapped around her finger so if I say something off color to her, she runs off to tell Nick and then Nick’s mad at me.”



“That’s fucking ridiculous.”



“I know! I wish you were here Ollie…I need someone here to keep me sane.”



“Have you tried talking to Nick a bit more maturely about it?”



Alyssa sighed, “I did and he thinks that I’m just taking things too personally when it comes to Jane. So he had me promise to be nicer to her. So I’ve been killing her with kindness. And she’s just ugh been hovering and being so fucking annoying, I try to sleep and she comes in and cleans the room while I try to sleep and you know me, the only noises I can handle while falling asleep is the television, music or Nick breathing.”



“I know, and how are things with Nicky boy?” She joked.



“Better, we’ve had some good moments. But I’ve been so sexually frustrated, we can’t right now my doctor said that sex would put too much stress on me since I’m already on bed rest.”



“Aww well maybe you could still do foreplay.”



“Maybe… But anyways, I miss you Olivia, I wish I had family closer by. Clark and Lori are out in Anaheim now. And Nick and I are still in Venice Beach. You’re in San Francisco, and Mom’s in Scottsdale. I miss you guys.” She complained. She missed them terribly, especially with Jane’s constant hovering. It made her miss her siblings more and more.



That night…



Nick wiped his hands happy that he’d been able to get the painting done rather quickly. He looked around at the room, the beachy theme he’d painted with a palm tree, sand and water, the blue sky and clouds he painted on the ceiling along with the sail boat out in the distance of the ocean. He decided to assemble the baby furniture the next day after the paint had fully dried. He looked around grinning at what he’d achieved, his son would definitely have the coolest room ever.



“Wow…” Alyssa said looking at the room.



Nick turned around seeing her standing there in just one of his larger button down white collared shirts. “Hey get out of here, I don’t want you inhaling paint fumes.”



Alyssa giggled a little, “Join me in our room…I want to talk to you.” She said with a grin and walked back to the bedroom.



Nick sighed and looked down at his pajama pants and oversized shirt that was full of paint. He walked into their bedroom seeing Alyssa sitting on their bed. “What do you need to talk about?” Nick walked over and watched her move over to sit on the edge of the bed placing her hands on his hips.



“I love you.” She said with a grin. “I love that you’re getting so excited about Noah. It’s completely sexy.” She remarked looking up at him.



Nick placed both hands on either side of her neck and leaned down kissing her softly. “Baby…” He said breaking the kiss. “You’re killing me here. You say things like that which don’t get me wrong I love it but Jesus this isn’t fair…” He whined slightly. He was about to say more when the doorbell rang. “Fuck…” He muttered going down stairs to answer the door. He walked into the foyer seeing Olivia and Angela with a couple of suitcases each. “What are you two doing here?”



“We’ve come to rescue my sister.” Olivia proclaimed. “I called earlier today and she was so stressed out and sad so I figured Angela and I would come down here and help.”



Nick grinned and hugged them both seeing Jane off to the side waiting for a formal introduction. “Olivia, Angela, this is my mom.”



Olivia grinned and held out her hand, “Nice to meet you finally Jane, I was wondering when Nick would introduce us.” She beamed, “This is my wife Angela.”



“Wife?” Nick asked.



“You do remember the commitment ceremony back in 2004 over Christmas don’t you?” Angela quipped.



“Oh right, duh sorry. It’s just weird to hear Ollie call you her wife.”



“I know she never says it, even though she’s out and proud.” Angela giggled back.



“Well it’s nice to see that Alyssa comes from such a diverse background.” Jane remarked making Nick wince at her words.



Olivia snickered and looked at Nick taking pity on him, “I know isn’t it awesome, she’s was brought up with different people in her life that taught her that everyone’s equal.” She retorted then turned to Nick, “Where is she?”



“Bedroom.” He said nodding his head back.



Olivia grinned and went to go up stairs. “I don’t think she should be disturbed right now…she needs her rest.” Jane remarked.



“I’ll make sure she rests believe me, I do care about my sister you know.” She shot back going up the stairs. She huffed and went into the bedroom seeing Alyssa relaxing on the bed reading. “There’s my Alley Cat!” She exclaimed making Alyssa look up immediately recognizing the voice and the expression her father used to say whenever he’d come home from a trip.



“Olivia!” She cried out smiling.



Meanwhile back down stairs Nick stared at his mother, “I can’t believe you.”



“What?” Jane asked looking innocent.



“You fucking insulted the fact that Olivia is a lesbian! That’s not right.” He chided.



Jane’s eyes glared at her son, “And you accept such deviant behavior?”



“Deviant behavior? What the fuck mom Olivia is the best person I know next to Alyssa. She’s amazing and Angela is so good for her. How fucking dare you even think you can judge them. They at least love each other.” He shot back.



“That’s uncalled for Nickolas Gene. Just because your father and I fell out of love…”



Nick held his hand up, “You don’t fall out of love, you fall out of lust, and that’s all you and dad ever were to each other. Love is forever, it’s about damn time you learned that.” He glared back at her then stormed up stairs. He walked in seeing the three women on his bed and chuckled. “Any room for me?”



Alyssa grinned and moved over letting him lay his head on her chest as he laid down. “Olivia told me what Jane said…”



“My mom’s such a bitch sometimes. Is she like that to you?” Nick asked looking up at Alyssa.



“Yeah, but every time I’d tell you, she’d manipulate you.”



“I’m beginning to see why you’ve been so frustrated with her. I’m sorry baby.”



Olivia giggled, “How did you become so great with such a cunt for a mother?” She said rather bluntly.



Nick busted out laughing, “I have no fucking idea…”



The next day…



“She called your mom a what?!” Brian asked looking scandalized and slightly amused.



“She said and I quote ‘how did you become so great with such a cunt for a mother’. It was HILARIOUS. I couldn’t believe she even thought of that.”



AJ cracked up, “Appropriate term for your mother though, she is a cunt I swear to God.”



Nick sighed, “Yeah mom apologized to me this morning and I was like nope you have to apologize to Olivia and Angela first.”



Brian chewed his lip for a moment. “Why do you even let her do this to you Nick? Jane is an evil bitch with no soul, no offense but it’s unfathomable that she spawned five great kids. She’s completely…”



“Soulless…” Howie added.



“Spiteful bitch…” AJ remarked with a grin.



“Evil bitch monster of death?” Nick offered snickering at himself.



“I wish Kevin were here, he’d call her the Ice Queen Of Florida with the proverbial heart that never thaws.” AJ replied making them all bust out laughing.



Nick shook his head, “I know I’m glad Olivia showed up hopefully she can distract my mom long enough so I can spend some time with Alyssa. We’ve been getting better lately.”



Brian grinned widely, “Good, I hate seeing you two on the outs, it fucks up our creativity.”



Nick rolled his eyes and threw a pillow from the couch at Brian beaning him in the face. “Asshole. Not everyone can be perfect like you and Malibu Barbie okay Ken?”



Everyone laughed at Brian’s expense and Brian quipped back, “How would you know about Barbie?”



Nick stopped laughing, “Dude I have younger sisters, they’d steal my GI Joes to have sex with their Barbies because Ken’s a total flat leaf-er”



“Hey you just called me Ken does that mean you think I’m a eunuch?”



Nick closed his eyes and shook with laughter, “Baylee was born in a cabbage patch right? Oh no wait he looks exactly like you, it’s genetic cloning!”



“You’re such a flaming fuck-tard Nick…” Brian spat making everyone look at him then burst out laughing.



AJ stopped laughing for a second wiping his eyes, “Fuck me, man I’ve never heard you say fuck before…and we’ve known each other how long?”



Brian shrugged, “Well I guess I’ve turned into a crotchety old man who curses at the little kids with horribly inappropriate things.”



Nick managed to catch he breath, “Dude, if Kevin leaving was going to bring this side of you out, I would have voted for him to leave ages ago. This is awesome, you’ve never been more, like us in a long time.”



Brian sighed, “Well I got sick of being professional 24/7 so I guess this is okay too. Just don’t tell Kevin he’d be shocked to hear fuck come out of my mouth.” He said sending them all into another gale of laughter.



“Don’t worry B, your dirty mouth we’ll be our little secret.” Howie remarked giggling hard.



Late that afternoon…



Nick hammered away at the baby furniture assembling them with care. He looked around the room seeing he’d already gotten the rocking chair together, the changing table and a dresser all within the span of three hours. He was impressed with himself and stood surveying the room flicking the switch on his hand held power drill chuckling to himself at the immature action.



Meanwhile down stairs Olivia stood glaring at Jane, “Jane you should go out, come shopping with us for groceries.”



“What why?” She asked.



Olivia smirked her ulterior motive for getting Jane out of the house was so that Nick and Alyssa could have a little alone time. “Because we’ll need you to help with the bags when we get back.”



“Well I can do that and stay here.” She remarked not liking how they seemed to want to use her.



Angela grinned, “But we’d like to get to know you too. You know since we will be related and all with Nick and Ali getting married, you’ll be our in-law.”



Alyssa overheard them and snickered thanking them silently for trying to get Jane out of the house. Silently she rejoiced when Jane reluctantly agreed. Olivia saw Alyssa as they passed the stairs and winked at her giving her the signal that all would be clear in just a few moments.



Alyssa went back up the stairs and into the nursery seeing Nick hunched over drilling pieces of a crib together. Alyssa leaned against the door putting her hair up in a ponytail at the back of her head knowing that he loved her hair like that. She looked down at her attire, a maternity camisole that showed off her tummy and had just the right amount of cleavage showing for any pregnant woman to feel sexy. Also she had on a pair of boy-short underwear one of the few things Olivia had brought her that made her feel comfortable about her stomach even though it was only about 15-20 pounds heavier than she used to be. “Hey you…” She said out loud during a lull in the loud sound of the drill.



Nick turned his head a little seeing her stand there leaning against the door jamb with a grin on her face. He turned around looking at her taking in her outfit and her hairstyle choice. He stood and set the drill down giving her a sideways glance wondering what exactly she was thinking. “Wow, you look amazing.” He said raking his eyes over her. He loved how she had this glow about her even when she was scrubbin’ it in his oversized clothes she always looked beautiful.



She grinned and walked into the room, seeing the walls and the light oak wood baby furniture that almost looked like it could be made out of stained driftwood. “I love this room.” She said going over and wrapping her arms around his waist. She noticed it’d definitely had gotten slimmer lately. “So…you’ve been working out a lot lately huh?”



“You’ve noticed?”



She nodded and licked her lips a little, “Kinda hard not to since you’re swimming in your clothes all the time now.”



He chuckled and sighed, “Yeah, I’ll buy a new wardrobe when I get down to my goal.”



“Sounds like a plan.” She said pushing him back towards the wall. “I know you’ve been really frustrated lately, since we can’t have sex, the physical exertion alone is too much stress for my body and Noah right now…however…I have an alternate option that you might want to consider…”



Nick swallowed hard looking at her and how she was slightly pressing herself against him as she pinned him against the wall. “A..an…and what would that be?” He asked as she moved her hands to the front of his athletic shorts. She kissed along his neck making him close his eyes. She grinned at his reaction and massaged him through his shorts making him growl and whimper. “Alyssa…” He sighed as she moved a hand down the front of his shorts wrapping her fingers around him gripping him as she moved her hand up and down slowly feeling him harden even more.



She sighed and leaned up to his ear kissing right behind his earlobe making him sigh slightly. “Well I figured just because we can’t fuck…doesn’t mean I can’t make you come.” Nick’s breathing halted momentarily as the thoughts ran through his mind. “Breathe lover…it’s just me…”



“Yeah and you better not be kidding.” He replied closing his eyes again giving himself fully to whatever she was going to do.



“Believe me I’m not.” She said moving her kisses down his throat then over his torso through the white cotton fabric of his shirt. She knelt down in front of him and tugged his shorts down. She knew he’d missed her touch for so long and wanted her just as much as she wanted him. But they’d some how lost that for a while, and she hoped that by doing this she could at least get a little of that back. She licked her lips and smirked as she gripped his cock in her hand then swirled her tongue around the tip letting her tongue stud graze the underside of the head making him hiss in pleasure.



“Fuck…” He muttered moving his hips forward a little hoping she’d take him in deeper. “Please…Liss…” He almost begged. She grinned and licked along his length determined to make this last for him.



She backed away a little bit and asked, “Please what?”



“Suck me…” He semi-commanded with an almost desperate crack in his voice.



She smirked in response and took him into her mouth sucking slowly taking him in a little bit at a time. She bobbed her head a little every time she came back down she took more into her mouth. Nick’s breathing became labored and he clenched his fists needing to hold onto something. He glanced down and smirked to himself. He placed one hand on the dresser bracing himself and the other went to Alyssa hair wrapping around the hair tie and splaying his fingers against her hair. With one forceful motion he pushed her head down on him making her take him fully into her mouth hitting the back of her throat and allowing her tongue stud to roughly run down his entire length.



“FUCK!” He moaned out loud as she began moving faster on him holding onto his hips with her hands balancing herself. She let his hand guide her a little as she picked up her pace knowing he was teetering on the edge just by the sounds of his breathing and near breathless grunting and moaning. She felt the muscles in his legs tense as he came with a loud growl. She cleaned him up just before he sank to the floor in a hormonal mess. She laughed a little seeing the worn out expression on his face and kissed his forehead.



“Feel better now?” She asked.



He looked over at her as he pulled up his shorts and sighed, “Yes, Jesus it’s been too long.”



She chuckled at him and gave him a lingering kiss. “Figured you’d like it. I’m sorry we’ve been so off lately. I promise once I’m all healed after Noah’s born you can have me as much as you want. I wish we could do more now. But I don’t want to risk something bad happening to me or the baby.”



Nick nodded and pulled her to lay against him. “I know, and I’m glad you were able to at least realize what was happening between us. It’s like we’ve grown so distant lately and I hate it. Because really it all comes down to us, even after our kids are grown up and move out it’s just going to be us.”



Alyssa smiled and hugged him, “I really like the sound of that.”



“Me too”



Four days later…



Alyssa sighed as Nick rubbed the tension out of her foot. She leaned her head back and sighed in satisfaction as he massaged the tendons and muscles in her feet and ankles making them feel much better and much less swollen. Nick grinned replacing the ice pack on one leg and grabbing the other doing the same to it. “God this is almost better than sex…” Alyssa muttered making him chuckle.



“I don’t know sex is pretty fun, or do I have to remind you?” He remarked wiggling his eyebrows at her making her chuckle and sigh then jump as his thumb ran over the arch of her foot kicking her reflexes into action.



A moment later Olivia and Angela burst into the room. “Alyssa will you please tell your neurotic sister that you’re going to be okay if we go out.”



Alyssa giggled a little and Nick sighed, “Relax, she’ll be fine I’m here.”



“I know I just don’t want to leave her alone with Jane in the house.”



Nick laughed, “Hello I’m here!”



Angela laughed heartily, “Yes Nick we can see that but will you protect Alyssa from your mother while we’re gone?”



“Of course, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t go out.”



Alyssa nodded in agreement, “Ollie you’ve been great really go out and have fun while you’re here!!” Alyssa exclaimed.



Olivia shrugged a little. “I don’t know Ali, you need help.”



Nick laughed a little, “I’m here though and mom’s holed herself up in her room for the night, Ali and I are just gonna chill and relax for the rest of the night.”



“At least Jane’s been nicer since we dragged her to the store the other day.” Angela said putting on her shoes. “Come on, we need to go out and have some fun damnit!” She said shooing Olivia out of the room.



“All right, you two have fun we’ll be home late, call if there’s any problem!” Olivia said as she was ushered out by Angela.



Nick grinned as he watched them leave, “They’re adorable those two.” Alyssa remarked as he continued to massage her foot.



“Of course…” He replied. “It’s nice that Olivia found Angie when she did.”



“Oh yeah, Angie really made her see herself and accept herself.” Alyssa replied. “Like before Angie, Olivia was seriously confused about her sexuality.”



“I bet, she’s just the best sister you could have ever gotten.” He added making her grin.



Late that night…



Alyssa stirred hearing the loud ringing inside her dream. She opened her eyes when her mind realized it was the phone. She reached over grabbing it, wondering who could be calling in the middle of the night. Nick stirred as well rubbing his eyes and groaning. “Hello?”



“Yes is this Alyssa Monroe?”



“Yes this is she…?”



“Hello this is Dr. Andrews at Cedar Sinai. Your sister Olivia and her partner Angela were admitted about an hour ago.”



“Wait what happened?” She asked growing more and more worried by the second.



“We don’t know but the initial report seems to be that they were attacked leaving a club in downtown LA.”



“Oh my God are they okay?” Her heart skipped a few beats, No. This couldn’t be happening. Not to two of the best people she knew could it?



“Angela seems to only have a mild concussion and a broken arm.”



“And Olivia?” Alyssa asked she was glad that Angela would be okay, but something happened to them both, and it was her sister…her sister could be worse off.



“She’s in critical condition at the moment, she’s been in surgery and should be all right but is still unconscious.”



Alyssa shuddered and couldn’t believe it was happening, “Of course I’ll be right there.” She said then rang off with the doctor. She got up throwing on a pair of shorts underneath the jersey she wore to bed.



“What’s going on?” Nick asked seeing Alyssa move hastily from the room. He got up and followed her wondering what could be wrong. “Alyssa stop tell me what’s going on?” He asked pulling on her arm just before she reached the stairs.



She stopped and turned tears already streaming down her face. “Olivia and Angela are in the hospital, they were attacked.” She muttered.



Nick felt a knot form in the pit of his stomach, “You gotta stay here, you’re on bed rest. I’ll call Clark and have him meet me at the hospital but you need to stay in bed.”



“Don’t you fucking dare tell me what to do Nick! She’s my sister, I’m going to her. I made her go out…this is my fault.” She retorted as she bolted down the stairs.



Jane came out in her robe minutes later. “What’s going on?” She asked wondering why her son and future daughter-in-law were fighting and getting dressed at such a late hour.



“Olivia and Angie are in the hospital.” Nick replied. “Alyssa it’s not your fault…”



“It certainly feels that way!”



Nick sighed he knew there was no fighting her. “Fine, but I’m driving and you will not pace in the waiting room. You’re staying off your feet when we’re at the hospital.” He said grabbing his wallet and keys and handed Alyssa her purse.



“I’ll go too, I’ll hate to stay here and wait for a phone call.” Jane said taking off her robe to reveal a pair of sweats and a tee shirt.



Alyssa picked up her sidekick dialing her brother as they all made it out of the house and to Nick’s Range Rover. Nick drove fast watching the road as Alyssa sat staring out the window mentally flipping out that her sister was hurt and could very well be dying as they sped to the hospital. About 30 minutes later they pulled into a parking spot out in front of the emergency room of Cedar Sinai hospital. They went inside hurriedly Nick making no attempt to make Alyssa slow her pace, knowing her she wouldn’t listen anyways.



“Hi, what room is Olivia Monroe in?” She asked the front desk charge nurse.



“Are you family.”



“I’m her sister Alyssa.”



“Alyssa?” She heard Angela’s voice cry out from the waiting area. Alyssa turned seeing Angela coming toward her a nasty gash on her forehead that had already been stitched and bandaged and a cast on her left arm.



“Angela!” Alyssa shouted giving her a hug. “What happened?” She asked.



“We were attacked by a group of guys. I fought back and they knocked me out I can only imagine what they did to Olivia, I came to in the ambulance. They won’t let me see her because I’m not legally family.”



“That’s bullshit you’re married!” Nick retorted.



“Not according to the government we aren’t remember it’s not legal…”



Nick shook his head. “Clarks on his way, he told Alyssa on the phone.”



“Mary’s taking the red eye, I called her myself.” Angela replied. “As soon as I was discharged I called her and Clark. He said he was already on his way. I just oh God…” She said as they all sat down in the waiting room.



Alyssa wrapped her arms around Angela, “It’s okay Olivia’s going to be all right. She’s strong.” Alyssa said closing her eyes, hoping to God that what she said was true, that her sister was going to be all right. One thing she did know for sure…that it was going to be a long and stressful night.












If you read please review and let me know what you think okies? Feedback = happy author LOL!
End Notes:
Once again, Tri, Mel, Jamanda and Sarah! Thank you guys for letting me rant and rave and show you snippets here and there and letting me know what you think. You guys rock!
Chapter 21: It's Just Too Little Too Late by Teri
Author's Notes:
Soooo here's the first of 3 chapters i must get done this weekend, cuz they're pretty major and I don't wanna be too mean you know? As always read and review!
Chapter Twenty-One: It’s Just Too Little Too Late



Three hours…that’s when Clark and Mary finally showed up with Lori and baby Jamie in tow. He’d gone to the airport to pick up his mother before coming to the hospital. He walked in hugging Alyssa to his chest briefly before Nick made her sit down again. He looked around the room seeing Kellie, AJ and Angela all sitting there and Jane as well off to the side. “Any progress?”



“She should have just gotten out of surgery.” Alyssa remarked just as Dr. Andrews walked into the waiting room wearing surgical scrubs.



“Hello everyone, Olivia made it through surgery well.” She announced directing her commentary to Alyssa.



“Is there any permanent damage?” Mary asked concerned that her oldest baby may never be the same.



Dr. Andrews sighed, “She should make a full recovery.”



Alyssa sighed and relaxed against Nick as his arms enveloped her letting her cry in relief against his shoulder. “When can I see her?” Angela asked.



Dr. Andrews grinned, “Though I’m not legally required to let you see her, you can go ahead and follow me back to recovery.”



Angela sighed and got up with Mary both of them going back into the recovery room with Dr. Andrews. Meanwhile Alyssa wiped her eyes in blessed relief that her sister would be okay. It made everything feel a little better that she’d made it through. Clark sighed covering his face in his hands. He’d come close to losing his older sister. One of very most important women in his life almost died because of some homophobic macho freaks. “God I’m so glad she’ll be okay.” He remarked.



“I know, I was so scared.”



“I bet…we all were.” Lori added. “Kel I’m glad you two could make it too.”



“Olivia is family to me, I wouldn’t be anywhere else.” Kellie replied lacing her fingers with AJ’s.



Alyssa moved to get up prompting Nick to stand helping her. Jane stood as well, “Where are you going honey?” She asked concerned.



“Just to the bathroom, you know pregnant lady has to pee.” She joked sniffling still.



Alyssa passed Mary and Angela as they came back into the waiting room Angela’s eyes all red and puffy from getting emotional seeing her partner, her lover, her best friend unconscious on a gurney as her body fought to repair itself from the immense trauma of the evening. Nick followed her out standing outside the bathroom door waiting for her. Meanwhile inside the bathroom Alyssa broke down fully and wept, half out of joy that her sister would be okay, and half out of sadness that it had to happen at all. It’s no wonder that she blamed herself, if she hadn’t pushed Olivia to go out and enjoy her trip she wouldn’t be lying there recovering from major surgery to repair a pierced lung from the trauma of being assaulted and raped by several men. She couldn’t understand how Angela had remained relatively unscathed injury wise and why her sister received the worst of it.



She couldn’t help it, but maybe if her sister hadn’t fought back they would have just done the same thing they did to Angela and left it at that. But then again…Olivia always attracted unwelcoming looks from the opposite sex, not that Angela didn’t as well, but because of Olivia’s curvy figure she found it even harder to be a lesbian sometimes because of how horrible some men could be. She’d nearly gotten sick just hearing Angela recount what she could of the attack, how the four men approached the women as they walked to their car after clubbing holding hands. How Angela pepper sprayed one and another hit her hard with his fist knocking her down and cracking her skull against the hard pavement, the last thing she remembered was Olivia’s screams and a loud scuffle as everything went dark.



Nick leaned against the wall as he waited patiently for her to return from the bathroom. He glanced around watching nurses and doctors walk by, wheeling beds sometimes with patients and sometimes without. He looked at his watch wondering how long it would take for her in there. He knew it wasn’t just to go to the bathroom, it was to get away. So she could breathe, escape for a moment from all the craziness. He shook his head running his fingers over his chin. He couldn’t imagine what Angela could possibly going through. He almost lost Alyssa once before and that had scared him so much that it made him realize his feelings for her. But he couldn’t imagine, Alyssa being attacked, just for being open with her sexuality like Olivia and Angela were. Would some people never learn to put aside their hatred?



She braced herself against the counter as she felt the sharp searing pang shoot through her abdomen. Alyssa looked up into the mirror calming herself knowing that it was only hurting herself by stressing out so much. She moved into the stall going to the bathroom as she planned to. She looked at her underwear seeing a few red splotches on the fabric. She closed her eyes and put her head in her hands breathing in and out slowly, she couldn’t do this, her body wouldn’t let her do this to herself she thought angrily. She finished up and walked over to the sinks again washing her hands then walked out of the bathroom stopping short when she saw Nick standing there.



He pulled her body close hugging her to him, “I don’t know what I’d do if that happened to you sugar.” He remarked kissing her hair and just breathing in her scent. Alyssa felt another sharp pain shoot through her abdomen. She needed to sit, down, if she sat down she’d be fine right? Alyssa clung to him just lightly sobbing into his chest. This entire thing was so surreal, like she was having an out of body experience. The mere thought of her sister being hurt, injured, and unconscious in a hospital room was not an idea she could honestly bear.



Growing up Olivia was always so bright and fun to be with, she was a huge positive force in everyone’s life. Even when she was doubting and struggling with her own sexuality Olivia was still an amazing force in the family and really the glue that held them all together. To think of her not being there was unfathomable not only to Alyssa, but to Clark and Mary as well as Lori and Kellie. That was one of the great things about Alyssa’s family, they always adopted the kids’ friends as their own, giving them love and support whenever their own families failed at that. Nick had found comfort and solace in her family more than once whenever his family was hitting a rough patch, and Alyssa felt lucky that she could have such a solid and firm foundation that let her become the person she is. She pulled away and laced their fingers as they turned and rounded a corner to go back to the waiting room.



Mary came up to them in the hall as they made their way back. She had this relieved smile gracing her face that was still red and puffy from her worried sobs earlier in the night. It was the first time since her father’s death that she saw her mother be really vulnerable and it wasn’t something she wanted to see ever again.



“Come with me, she’s awake!” She said excitedly wiping her face trying her best not to look like she had completely lost composure at the mere thought of her oldest child, one of her babies, being in danger.



Alyssa looked over at Nick who nodded and grinned then let her go. “I’ll be back in a few.” She said giving him a short but lingering kiss. This entire experience was beginning to make her see that if she didn’t appreciate what precious time Nick and her did have together, it could be gone in an instant, just like it almost did for Angela that night. She couldn’t imagine the pain of losing him, or her family for that matter. Nick let her go and walked into the waiting room smiling at Angela.



“She’s awake I hear.”



Angela nodded, “I know I went in and saw her, she remembers al lot of what happened. I almost wished she didn’t no one should have to remember that sort of trauma.”



Nick sighed and sat down next to her, “She’s strong though, she’ll make it. Did they say how bad her injuries were?”



“She had a pierced lung, one cracked rib, broken arm, tons of bruises and contusions. The worst was that they found evidence of rape.”



Nick gasped and closed his eyes. He could barely imagine how any man can do that to a woman, to hurt her like that. “God I can’t even…” He said running his hands over his face trying to maintain his composure.



Angela sighed and placed her head on his shoulder, “Thank you for being here Nick…”



Nick looked over at her and gave her a half grin. “Why?”



She patted his leg then fiddled with her cast on her other arm. “Because, you’re like a brother to me, and I don’t really have a family like that, so I’m just really thankful that you came here it really shows that you care.”



Nick nodded, “I do care, you and Ollie are really important to my life, and Alyssa’s too. So I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else but right here knowing you’re going to make it and not sitting at home worried sick and not knowing first hand.”



Meanwhile in Olivia’s hospital room Alyssa walked in seeing the various bandages around her sister, the torso cast, the gauze wrapped around her head with crimson symbols of her battle above her brow. Her arm in a cast and her eyes, the torment you could see clearly in them. She looked up seeing her sister standing there and all that pain, anger, fear and torment left her face in favor of a smile. “Ali…” She muttered in an almost whisper.



Alyssa broke down and walked over throwing her arms around her sister gently and breaking down sobbing that her sister would be okay. “Ollie… Ollie…” She said over an over again in between sobs.



Olivia cried and clung to her younger sister as Mary pulled up a chair behind Alyssa for her to sit. Alyssa broke away and sat down taking Olivia’s hand trying carefully the IV taped to the back of her hand. Mary pulled up another chair on the other side placing her hand on Olivia’s thigh gently knowing that she was bruised and banged up pretty badly. “God we’ve all got maudlin haven’t we?” Olivia remarked squeezing Alyssa’s hand a little.



Alyssa sniffed and wiped her tears away. “I’m sorry it’s just God Olivia you scared me.”



“I know I’m a little messed up right now but geez I didn’t think I was all that hideous” She joked making the air lighter in the room if only for moment as the three women laughed heartily at Olivia’s joke. They all knew it was her defense mechanism, how she dealt with pain was to avoid it by making everyone laugh while internally she was screaming. Alyssa got serious for a moment then there was a knock at the door. They all looked up seeing two officers there, a woman who’d identified herself as Detective Davies, and her partner Detective McDaniel.



“Hello Ms. Monroe. I’m Detective Davies, and we would like to ask you some questions.” She stated. Both Mary and Alyssa went to leave but Olivia stopped them both, needing them by her side.



“Sure…” Olivia said trying to gather her strength as much as possible.



“Can you replay the events for us as you and your partner Angela left the club?” Detective Davies asked flipping open her notebook to take notes.



Olivia took a deep breath and began to recount the tale of what had happened earlier in the evening. Alyssa breathed deeply staring off into space hearing every word her sister said feeling like daggers in her heart. When Olivia began to describe the rape Alyssa stood making everyone look at her. “I….I…I’m sorry I just…can’t.” She said leaving the room feeling horribly sick to her stomach. Her vivid imagination wouldn’t let her be as her mind pictured the sight that Olivia described. She couldn’t handle it, her stomach ached and the muscles in her abdomen pulsed with pain as she walked back into the waiting room her face as white as a sheet.



Nick stood immediately seeing her there pulling her over to sit down out of concern for the look on her face. “Are you okay?” He asked.



Alyssa sat down and shook a little her whole body was shaking as she yet again felt more sharp pain in her abdomen. She didn’t understand what was going on she knew it was just stress and that she needed to breathe. “I couldn’t handle it, the cops came in and started asking Olivia questions and she described what happened, and when she got to the rape I couldn’t handle anymore. Just hearing how it went down made me sick to my stomach.”



Nick kissed her forehead and brought her close. “Is Olivia all right?” Jane asked out of concern.



“Yeah…Mom’s in there with her so she’ll be fine.”



“I’m sure it shocked her you know, for you to just up and leave like that.” Jane admonished making Alyssa grit her teeth in anger.



“Mom not now.” Nick reasoned as he saw the officers come back into the room.



“We’d like to ask you just a few more questions Angela.”



Angela nodded and recounted the story again as they looked for any holes or inconsistencies with her story in comparison with Olivia’s. She knew it was procedure but it still frustrated the utter hell out of her that she had to keep reliving it over and over. “I’ve told you already.” She finally spouted. “Do you not get how hard this is?!” She shouted. “I don’t want to keep reliving it all right.”



Nick stood and put his hands on her shoulders pulling her back away a bit. “Sorry but could we do this later?” He asked. “We’re all stressed and upset and Angela needs to rest she’s been through enough don’t you think?” He said sharply.



The officers relented and left them all in the waiting room. Nick shook with anger and frustration and Angela crumbled to the chair and sobbed. Nick and Alyssa soothed her as best they could as Jane rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe how rude you were to them. They’re just doing their job.”



Alyssa looked over at Jane giving her a warning glance. “Jane just shut up about it okay?” Alyssa spat.



Jane narrowed her eyes and looked at her sternly. “Well all I’m saying is they’re just doing their job. No need to get rude. And furthermore none of this would have happened if you didn’t go run crying to your sister about how I was stressing you out, you could have just told me to my face.”



Alyssa’s eyes blazed. “You listened to my conversation? And I did tell you Jane, time and time again to just back the fuck off as politely as I could but you’re too fucking dense to get the picture.”



“I’m too dense? Please you’re the one who thinks you can have a job and raise a family. You have no idea what it takes to raise children.”



“Oh that’s right you’re the authority on the subject because you did such a bang up job raising yours.” Alyssa interjected scoffing at Jane’s righteous tone. Nick placed his hand firmly on Alyssa’s thigh giving her a pleading glance to stop.



“You don’t seem to mind them too much, in fact you’re marrying one remember.” Jane reminded snottily. Nick shot his mother a look and sighed he wanted them to stop but was so in shock of their words he didn’t know what to do.



“Nick is a great man in spite of you Jane. Face it you failed.”



“At least my children weren’t raised around deviant filth like your sister.” She spat making Alyssa glare and stand up. Everyone looked between the two women, wondering what exactly was going to happen.



“Alyssa don’t…” Nick said standing as well.



Alyssa waved him off and stood firmly yet her entire body was shaking in the utmost rage. No one insulted her family and got away with it. “How fucking dare you even presume to judge my sister. You’ve done nothing but mooch off the talent and success of your own children you fucking succubus and you have the audacity to come into my city, my home and do nothing but judge and literally annoy the living fuck out of everyone and every life you touch? Well fuck you Jane and rot in hell.”



“I should have expected this kind of behavior from a classless little harlot like you. Admit it you trapped my son into this relationship.”



At that moment Nick stepped in making Alyssa sit and shake in anger and stress. “Just shut the fuck up Mom. You don’t know what you’re talking about.” He retorted his blue eyes blazing, nostrils flared and fists clenching at his side.



Alyssa groaned feeling the sharpest pain shoot through her abdomen making her cry out then feel a wetness seep into her shorts. She looked down seeing the small puddle form on the tile floor. “Nick?” She said shakily who turned to look at her when she had cried out in pain.



He crumbled to his knees in front of her worried that she was hurt. “What’s wrong?” He asked his face worried and full of concern for his fiancée and their baby.



“I think…I need a doctor…” She said as another wave of searing pain hit her making her grip the chair. Nick’s eyes moved to her stomach then to her shorts seeing the large wet spot and the puddle on the floor and a question in his eyes. “I think my water just broke…” She said through gritted teeth making Nick’s eyes widen and a collective gasp ring out in the room.
















As always if you read please let me know what you think okies? Thanks ya'll rock!
End Notes:
Tri and Jamanda, Sarah, Kelly and everyone else I went to advice for on this chapter, this is for you I hope I did you're wonderful advice justice!
Chapter 22: When It All Falls Down by Teri
Author's Notes:
Soooo here's chapter 22. Please let me know what you thought!
Chapter Twenty-Two: When It All Falls Down



Everything was a blur for Nick and Alyssa. They’d been whisked off to the maternity ward that was on a different level than the waiting room. Alyssa settled herself on the bed and Nick sat at her bedside holding onto her hand as she gritted her teeth through the contractions. She couldn’t believe what was happening. She was only six months along she couldn’t be in labor could she?



Nick kissed her forehead giving her some ice chips to chomp on. “I love you…” He said trying to look useful.



Alyssa sighed a little and closed her eyes as they pressed their foreheads together. There was a knock at the door and Mary entered. “Hey sweetie.” She began going over to the other side. “They paged Dr. Petrarch for you. She should be here in about twenty minutes.” She explained brushing a few stray strands away from Alyssa’s forehead. She looked away getting a worried look on her face.



“Momma…” Alyssa replied seeing the fear grace her mother’s brow. “I’m gonna be okay.”



Mary looked up at her daughter and teared up. “When it rains it pours right?” She remarked looking at her hands as the nurse walked in and inserted and IV into Alyssa’s hand making her wince at the slight pain. Mary stood there looking helpless, not only one but both of her girls were in the hospital this night and it was only two o’clock in the morning. She felt in the pit of her stomach, this uneasy feeling about all the occurrences and tragedy that had happened in the past few hours. She looked at Nick who was clutching Alyssa’s hand a worried distraught expression gracing his normally happy face. She felt horrible for him, to have his own mother treat him, his fiancée and her own grandchild with such disdain was completely despicable to her. “So how are you feeling my darling?”



Alyssa grinned, “I’m all right I suppose, early labor and all is a real bitch.”



“The contractions are the worst. Just breathe and find a focal point that you can focus on, and Nick try to distract her and make sure she breathes please.”



Nick nodded and placed a hand on Mary’s, “I promise I’ll take good care of her.” He reassured.



She grinned a little and sighed, “And I can’t wait to hold my grand baby. He’ll be beautiful I’m sure of it. Even though he’ll need serious medical attention for a while since he’s so early.”



“I have a feeling this one is a real fighter.” Alyssa replied giving her mom a soft grin. She watched her Mother’s face grow pensive for a moment then changed in favor of a grin.



Mary kissed her daughter’s head and gave Nick a reassuring glance before excusing herself from the room passing a nurse with an ultrasound machine. She hooked it up and moved Alyssa’s gown to the side rolling it over her stomach. “Sorry about all this but since you’re already dilated quite a bit and you’re still only six months along Dr. Petrarch ordered another ultrasound for you.” She said reassuringly to Alyssa. “Hmm…the heartbeat is…rather weak.”



“Yeah he has a heart defect.”



“Hmm it’s very weak even more so than it would be with a heart defect and it’s slowing down from earlier when we checked. That could mean the baby’s in more distress than we thought. I’ll take this to Dr. Petrarch and see what she has to say.” She said leaving the room. Nick and Alyssa exchanged worried glances and Nick squeezed her hand knowing that no matter what he’d be there by her side.



******************************
Alyssa Narrating:



Distress?



Oh God. What did I do to deserve this? Noah’s in distress, I’m scared, my own sister almost died!? I can’t begin to understand why so much tragedy surrounds my life. Collin, my dad, Olivia and now this? I’m beginning to feel like a jinx. But I know I’m going to get through this, I always do, I have my dark moments but I’ve come through that. And now I’m going to be a mom. The next few months are going to be so tough, especially if Noah comes tonight, which let’s face it my water broke, he’s being born on July 25th, 2007. He’s got a heart defect, is in distress, I’m not an idiot he’s going to be in intensive care until he’s ready and healthy enough to come home.



I must remain positive about all of this, it’s going to be okay, I know it, it has to be.



When I saw Olivia in the hospital bed. I must admit I was relieved. It was so emotionally taxing sitting in that waiting room, not knowing if she’d be okay. It was devastating to even imagine only in the hypothetical sense what life would be like without Olivia in it. It’d be a hell of a lot less funny that’s for damn sure. She always makes everything funny, even when we were kids if Clark or I were down about something, it was Olivia to the rescue! She was always there to make us laugh and remind us that she cared. So life without her? It’d be barely tolerable. I got a taste of that back when she was in college and I was in high school. After Collin died I didn’t really have anyone I could talk to and relate to. And after I came home that summer….hooo boy did Ollie want to kill me. Mainly because she found out that not only was I a cutter, and a pot smoker but that I tried to kill myself. She was so upset and frustrated at me.



And really she had every right to be. I was so messed up back then. Losing Collin, and Dad being sick was just horrible and I couldn’t deal with it. So I smoked pot, cut school to get high. I know it may seem that hey I’ve got my shit together, but that’s only because I had the most amazing people in my life. My siblings, and parents and Kellie and Lori pulled an intervention on me, and when I didn’t respond to them my father shipped me off to Nick.



That summer…



I learned so much about myself, about Nick. I realize now looking back that he loved me so much enough to be destroyed when I was hurting so much. He made me see that I needed him. And I think I need him now more than ever in my life. To be by my side every step of the way. And I have this feeling in my gut, aside from the horrid contractions, that I’m going to need him to be everything to me for the next few months as we struggle with Noah. I’m so worried, I must admit. It’s so horrible to realize that your son, the baby who you helped create and nurture in your body for months, is coming way ahead of schedule and you won’t even be able to hold him until he’s strong enough.



That’s going to be so hard. To sit and watch him in a hospital bed and not be able to hold him, until he’s strong enough. I think that’s really cruel to do to a mother, say okay here’s your baby but you can’t touch him yet, he’s not strong enough because you let your life get in the way and stressed yourself out too much. I realize now that I should have slowed down faster, I should have just laid around and got fat. But what nobody seems to understand is that’s me.



I can’t just sit idly by while things happen, it’s never been the way I am and never will it be. Like the show for example, that was a whirlwind drama fest. Every five minutes it seemed to be something new between the siblings. And honestly I found myself more often than not being the peacemaker. Nick definitely changed though, he’s not as angry as he was before and was much more passive aggressive than anything. Especially when it came to Aaron. Anytime Aaron was a total jerk Nick would make a wiseass comment to him and put him in his place. Then I’d come along and be like “Aaron come on you’re an adult now it’s time to start acting like it.”



The whole experience was just so completely surreal and heady that I can’t even really begin to describe it. I just hope that I didn’t come off like a bitch to the siblings. Because honestly I love them, almost as much as I love Nick. I mean they are going to be my siblings after all. And now aunts and an uncle to this baby, Noah. They’ve been so thrilled about Nick and I having a baby, let alone a Carter boy. Aaron and Nick were so happy with that announcement, just because they have so many women already in their family I’m assuming the wanted to make sure that they’d get enough men to balance ‘em all out.



That’s another reason why I’m so worried. What if something happens, will they blame me? I would definitely blame myself, I’m the main reason why I’m laying here in this hospital bed while Nick tries ardently to make himself feel useful. I stressed out way too much, and I should have just relaxed and eased into this pregnancy, instead, I do what I always do, I obsess to the point where I nearly have an ulcer, in this case, where I go into early labor.



So now, what am I going to do?



End Narration
************************************



“Hello Alyssa, how are you feeling?” Dr. Petrarch asked sincerely as she walked into the room.



Alyssa groaned and grimaced feeling the contractions coming closer and closer together. “What’s happening Dr. Petrarch?”



“Well your son is in distress, and so are you. We’re going to perform an emergency c-section to save him and you. If you were to naturally give birth the stress on your body might make you go into heart failure and also the baby being so young may not survive either. So I think it’s best all around if we go in and get him out now.” She explained making Nick take a few deep breaths, just the mere thought of Alyssa or their son in danger made him feel sick to his stomach. No he couldn’t lose them could he?



Alyssa saw the pained look on Nicks face and squeezed his hand. “I love you.” She whispered.



Nick looked up to her face and grinned weakly. “I love you too. I’m going to go to the waiting room really quick and let everyone know what’s going to happen.” He suggested.



Dr. Petrarch grinned and handed him a set of surgical scrubs. “Before you do that change into these all right? I’m sure you want to be there when your first son is born.” She offered with a smile.



Nick took the scrubs and changed into them quickly in the bathroom in the room. Then came out making Alyssa cat call a little, “Look at you, my very own personal Dr. McDreamy!” She joked making him smile for just a moment. “Come on baby it’s gonna be okay. We’ll make it through this.”



He pressed his lips to hers in a lingering kiss. He sighed pulling away. “I love you too, I’ll be back in a few minutes, don’t start without me.” He said leaving the room. He went to the elevators and down into the waiting room again seeing them all there. Not just Alyssa’s family, but his own, his siblings, and the fellas had all arrived with their significant others as well as Baylee and Mason.



“Well look at you.” Kellie said giving Nick a hug.



Nick sighed seeing everyone there, “They’re going to do an emergency c-section.”



Mary covered her face and tried to gather her strength, “Keep her safe.”



“I’ll try my best.” Nick replied giving Mary a firm hug. He turned and left the room seeing Alyssa come out of the elevator just in time to see Nick coming back. “It’s time?”



“Yeah they’re taking me to the OR now.” She said as everyone came up to the bed having heard her voice. “Hi…”



“We’ll be praying for you darling.” Mary said clutching her rosary in her hands, she’d always been a woman of faith even when Alyssa was small. She held great stock in her faith and hoped that it would be enough to get them through the night.



The nurses and Nick went into the operating room and continued to prep Alyssa for surgery. They numbed her lower half just enough so she wouldn’t have any large amount of pain when they did the operation. Nick stood at her side near her head holding onto her hand. Dr. Petrarch came in moments later and began the final preparations. She began slowly cutting an incision in Alyssa’s lower abdomen as they began work on getting little baby Noah out. Alyssa winced and sighed as Nick looked on. He watched her face making sure she’d be all right. “Okay, I see him…” Dr. Petrarch announced. “He’s got the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and isn’t breathing well.” She said as she pulled him out. She unwrapped the cord and handed Nick a pair of scissors, “You ready Dad?” She asked.



Shakily he clipped the umbilical cord away from Noah’s naval and he was whisked away. “He’s not breathing on his own…” One of the nurses replied, “We need to intibate him.” She added. Nick’s face grew worried and he clutched onto Alyssa’s hand.



“Doctor, there’s a tear in her uterus.” One of the other doctors replied.



“Is she okay?” Nick asked worried.



Dr. Petrarch looked up with a concerned glance. “She’s bleeding out. We’ll need to do emergency surgery.”



“Her heart beat is slowing.” A nurse called out to Dr. Petrarch.



Nick glanced to Alyssa whose face was white as a ghost and her hand became weak against his. “Baby are you okay?” He asked seeing her eyes begin to close. “Alyssa! Stay with me…” He added sternly making her look up at him.



"Nick...ss..some thing is...wrong.." She said as her breathing became shallower and shallower and tilted her head to the side closing her eyes. The entire thing moved in slow motion as Nick looked up and watched in horror as the monitor that beeped in time with her heart slowed into one continuous line.








As always feedback is the best inspiration!!
End Notes:
Thank you to Tri and Mel for all their support this chapter!
Chapter 23: Noah's Arc by Teri
Author's Notes:
So this is one of the hardest chapters I've ever written so please whether you love it, or hate it let me know. I know many of you will think I'm cruel for all the cliffies but honestly this is going to be the biggest pivotal change in the story that will eventually get better!!!
Chapter Twenty-Three: Noah’s Arc

“Alyssa!” Nick shouted. “Help her! She’s…” He said standing there feeling completely helpless. Three extra nurses pushed him out of the room so they could have extra space to save Alyssa’s life. Nick fought hard but they won relegating him to watch the scene unfold from the window. They brought out the defibrillator charging it and placing it on her chest as they continued to try to stop the bleeding and start her heart. He couldn’t believe his, how could his entire world come crashing down just at that?



He cringed as her back arched being jolted by the volts of electricity, which ran throughout her body. Once…twice…three times it took before her heart started beating again. She coughed and cried out in pain. The doctors and nurses injected something into her IV making her body go limp and into a sleep-like state. They worked on her as fast as they could just barely being able to stop the bleeding and fix the tear in her uterus. Dr. Petrarch came out minutes later throwing her blood soaked gloves into the waste can.



“Nick?” She asked seeing him still staring at Alyssa’s body as they finished her up in the operating room.



Nick looked over and backed up to the wall crumbling against it for support. “Yes?”



“Alyssa should be okay. She’s lost a lot of blood and we have her on some of our reserve supply to help her. She should be able to make a full recovery and be able to have more children in the future.” She explained.



“And Noah?”



Dr. Petrarch’s face fell. “He’s alive, he’s on a ventilator and is being taken up to the neonatal unit. He’s in very critical condition. He’s got what we call blue baby syndrome. It means there’s a very big weakness between the lungs and heart and getting oxygen into the blood.”



Nick swallowed hard and looked at Dr. Petrarch. “But he’ll be okay right? There’s surgery to fix that isn’t there?”



Dr. Petrarch nodded, “There is, but he’s too young yet to have it. If we were to operate now, there’s too big of a risk he’ll die in the operation. Even now he’s got about ten percent chance of surviving the next twenty-four hours.” She explained. “It’d be best for you to go into the waiting room for right now. I’ll send someone to take you to Alyssa’s bedside and then Noah’s once they’re all settled.



Nick nodded numbly and walked out of the OR and back to the waiting room. Everyone stood up and looked at him wondering what was going on. “Nick? What happened..?” Mary asked seeing the ghostly complexion of her future-son-in-law.



Nick looked over at everyone landing on Clark last. “She….”



Clark stood up immediately, “She what? Don’t you fucking dare tell me that…”



“She’s not dead…I mean her heart stopped, but they were able to start it again. She bled out…”



“Oh my God!” Mary cried crumbling to the chair sobbing. Everyone else in the room all looked down then over to Nick seeing how emotional he was.



“What about Noah? Is he okay?” Kellie asked.



Nick shook his head, “He’s cyanotic and they gave him a ten percent chance of surviving the night.” He said finally breaking down. “I just…I can’t take much more of this…” He said crumbling. He began to sob and shake as his sorrow and grief over took him. Kevin and the rest of the guys came over to his side and flung their arms around him comforting him as much as they could. Nick broke away from them not wanting to be touched. “You don’t know what this is like do you!?” He spat at all of them. “I just watched the love of my life’s heart stop. You have no idea what that’s like. The only one who can understand is Mary.” He looked around and spotted his own mother. “This is all your fault.” He added with tears streaming down his face.



“How can you blame me, I didn’t go in there and make her bleed out did I?” Jane retorted making everyone shake their heads.



Rage coursed through him as he set his jaw and clenched his fists, “You might as well have anyways. I should have seen the stress you were putting her through, you caused this to happen. She wouldn’t have gone into labor if you weren’t such a meddling heartless bitch.”



Jane stood there astonished as to her son’s reaction. True she had set out to annoy Alyssa, but only to the point of breaking them up. “Nick that’s not what I meant by any of it.”



“Bull shit. You just wanted to see her suffer, so she’d leave me. I hate you, you may have just destroyed everything I tried to build. All because you’re jealous that I found love, and you can’t stand to see me happy.” He spat.



“Nickolas that’s not true.”



“Yes it is. I’ll never forgive you for any of this. Get out of my sight you’re dead to me.” He added angrily as Kevin and AJ and the rest of the fellas stood on his sides ready to hold him back at a moments notice so that he wouldn’t murder anyone. They’d seen him this angry before, and it ended up in a broken hand in 2001. But this…this look on his face was pure murderous rage.



Jane walked past him and went to reach for him, “Nick..I..”



“Don’t you fucking touch me. You’ve brought enough damage to my life, I won’t let you do it anymore.” He spat as she left. After she was gone Nick crumbled to a chair.



***************************************
Nick Narrating:



Dear God…



What did I do to deserve this? Why must I always be the one to lose people I love? I almost lost Alyssa again. I can’t handle this, I’m not strong enough. How can I even survive without her? Know she’s still here and is fighting through it. But…she died, I watched my fiancée die. And then be brought back because they acted so fast. I just can’t…



Even believe this whole thing. To lose her even in that brief of a moment. God no I can’t be without her. How would I be able to be a father to Noah without her by my side? Then again what if he doesn’t survive? Will I be left with nothing? They’re my life, Alyssa and our son. I can’t lose them now can I? Not when I’ve barely just started with our life together. I don’t even know what to do with Noah, he’s so sick and so small. I only got to see him for a moment in the operating room he was so frail and sickly and tiny that I could fit him in the palm of my hand. He’s too young, he’s technically 3 and half to four months premature. It’s too young to come into the world isn’t it? I’ve seen this sort of thing happen on stupid television shows but never in my life did I think it could actually happen to me.



I’m so worried about everything, I’m sitting here in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to come and tell me I can see my fiancée and then my son. I’m definitely going to be alternating between the two of them. I’ll stay tonight with Noah just in case anything should happen, and I’ll leave Clark with Ali. He’ll watch over her and call me the second anything happens.



Which I hope it doesn’t, I just want them both to be safe and healthy. I need her to rest tonight, and be okay. Back in 2001 when I found her in my bathroom, it killed me, to see her like that, lying lifeless on the tiled floor. That’s why I sold the place later, I couldn’t be in there and not feel what she felt, saw what she saw. And the utter despair that led her to nearly take her own life. I couldn’t bear to see that on her face again and yet I did, when her father died. I struggled so hard to keep her close, so afraid she’d go down the same path and really do it this time.



In a way I know how Alyssa felt, I just lost a parent as well.



I know not in the same way that Ali did. But still its sort of similar. However I don’t regret it. What I do regret is letting her control my life for so long. All I’ve ever wanted was just a mother who cared about me, who was proud of me and my accomplishments, and now I realize all she cared about was the amount of money she was getting instead.



She’s so completely fake and I see that now. Even to Ali, she used to like her back before anything happened between us. I guess that’s because she figured, “oh that’s just his friend” and then when we started dating she probably figured it was just another fling for me.



Which it isn’t and never will be just a fling. I’ve loved Alyssa in so many different ways, platonically and other wise. She’s just my everything, I can’t imagine life without her. And it saddens me so much that she nearly had to die again for me to realize what a foul piece of shit I’ve been lately. All I wanted was a relationship with my mother.



And I wanted it so desperately that I let it blind me to what she was doing to Alyssa. If I had just pulled my head out of my ass sooner maybe we could have avoided all of this mess. And maybe we’d be sitting at home just the two of us instead of me sitting here in this cold hospital waiting to see if both my love and my son are stable enough for me to see them.



If only I hadn’t been so selfish and want to be intimately close to Alyssa, I would have noticed the divide growing between us. My attraction to Emma only escalated it as well. And I can’t even begin to fathom what would have happened if I had really acted on it. God I would have ruined everything wouldn’t I?



I look around the room seeing couples paired off. Kev and Kris, Bri and Leigh, Howie and Leigh, Alex and Kel, Lori and Clark, and then there’s me, and Mary the only two in the room that can really understand the loss. Alyssa may be alive, but my mind won’t let the images of her heart stopping leave from my imagination. I can hear her heart beat slowing even now and it was only an hour ago that it all went down.



I want to cry, get rip roaring drunk, and just do something.



Because right now I feel as useless as they come. I could have lost everything tonight. I can’t lose it all I won’t survive it. Just the mere thought of all of this. I can’t cope I wouldn’t be able to if it were real. As long as I have Alyssa I know I’ll be okay, but even that is on shaky ground right now. And that truly scares me. I need to do something for her, through all of this to pull us together. The next few months with Noah are going to be critical not only for him. But for Alyssa and I. Having a child alone is enough to put strain on an already strained relationship, but a critically ill child? I’m just so scared that it’ll be the end of us. That some how it’ll only make that divide grow bigger between us until there’s nothing left of our relationship. Could I really let that happen? Could she?



After all we’ve been through, we can make it right? Ah what the hell I’ll be surprised if we make it through the night.



I’m more scared for Noah, he’s been such a pleasant surprise in my life, and I want to teach him so many things. And I’m so afraid that his condition will prevent me from doing that. And worse making Alyssa and I hate each other. I lived through a rocky relationship with my parents. I’d die if I ever did that to Noah.



How can you love someone so much and you’ve barely just met?



He’s just so fragile and the product of Alyssa and I. I don’t care what it takes I need for him to be healthy too. So I don’t keep feeling like this…like a complete and total failure. I feel like I failed Alyssa, in protecting her from my mother, shielding her from stress and most of all failing myself and Noah as a father. If I’d only paid more attention to the warning signs…that Alyssa was showing, with her stress level, our fights, my mother, the show and our careers. None of this would be happening, maybe even Noah wouldn’t be so sick and hurting right now if I had just only seen what was going on and stopped it.



It’s really all my fault.



End Narration.
************************************



Nick sighed and looked around the room at everyone, they all had worried expressions that they tried to hide, but were terrible at it. He jumped to stand when Dr. Petrarch walked in. “Nick, everyone, Alyssa’s stable, she’s resting right now. She’ll make a full recovery.” She announced hearing everyone’s sigh of utter relief.



“And Noah?”



“He’s in the neonatal intensive care unit. I must be honest Nick, it doesn’t look good for him, his vitals are weak at best there’s very little chance of his survival.”



Nick closed his eyes and turned away. “Can I see them?” He asked.



Dr. Petrarch nodded and led him and Mary and Clark to Alyssa’s bedside. “Just let me know when you want to go to Noah, I’ll take you to him.”



Nick walked in seeing his love, his soul mate asleep on the bed. He went to her side sitting on the edge of the bed momentarily. “Guys can I have a minute with her?” Mary and Clark both nodded and left the room momentarily. Nick laced their fingers and looked at her sleeping form. “Alyssa…I know you can’t hear me, but I just need to get this out, and maybe in your subconscious you’ll understand. I love you. So much, and I can’t wait for us to be at home playing with Noah. He’s really sick, and I’m so scared we’re going to lose him baby. It’s going to be so rough for us if we do lose him. I love you Ali so much, please keep fighting, I can’t lose you.” He said solemnly. He placed a chaste kiss to her lips and got up leaving the room. He needed to see Noah, needed to be by his side just in case.



Dr. Petrarch led Nick and Mary up to the room where Noah was resting in his incubator. Nick pulled up a chair at his side and looked at him. He was so tiny he almost looked like an alien to Nick. So small and fragile with tons of tubes and machines hooked up to him. He looked closely at Noah’s face and chest seeing the slightly blue complexion. “Why is he..?”



“That’s why they call it blue baby syndrome, it turns the skin on their mouth and cheeks and chest almost a blue color.” Mary explained. “He’s so little. Too young to be brought into this world.”



Nick looked at Mary and sighed, “He’s going to be okay right?”



Mary tried her best to muster up courage, she knew that Noah had a very low chance of surviving. “Nick I hope he’s strong enough to survive, but he may not be…”



“No! Don’t you dare say that…he can’t die…” Nick nearly shouted. “I won’t let it happen Mary!” He shouted then turned to Noah, “I can’t…” He said in an almost whisper.



Mary nodded and left the room for a moment to compose herself. She knew this would be hard on him and resigned herself to being by his side, in the likelihood that Noah didn’t survive.



Meanwhile back in the room Nick looked at his son’s tiny body and grimaced. “I’m so sorry Noah…I should have been better. I should have known that you were sick that you were going to be at least. I should have taken better care of your mom. I love you both so much. And here you are, fighting for your life. I want you to be at peace, I hope you’re not in much pain. If you are I’m so sorry Noah. I’m sorry I couldn’t be the man you and your mom needed me to be throughout this whole pregnancy. Please keep fighting, and I promise I’ll protect you and Ali and be everything you need me to be. Just please, please…” He said stopping himself. He needed rest but he didn’t want to sleep but his eyes said otherwise as he leaned his head back to rest against the wall and sleep overtook him.



Meanwhile in Alyssa’s room Clark hovered at his sister’s bedside willing her to wake up. He held her hand tightly and wept silently. He prayed and held on to her hand never letting it go. He couldn’t, after all a brother was supposed to protect his baby sister wasn’t he? He felt like a complete failure at that. He’d been so consumed with his own little family he didn’t realize that maybe his sister would need some advice in starting her own. He shook his head removing his thoughts and rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand. “Please be okay.” He whispered willing her to get better.



A few hours later…



Nick awoke to the shuffle of the morning nurse’s shoes over the linoleum. “Morning Dad.” She said brightly.



Nick groaned and looked at his son seeing that not much had changed through the night. “How’s he doing?”



“He’s progressed a little, it’s common with cyanotic premies. They’ll progress here and there, but don’t put your hopes up too high it’s still a very difficult disorder.”



“Do they normally survive?”



“Sometimes, a miracle happens, but not usually unless they’re old enough for surgery.” She replied politely as she could.



Nick felt a wrench go into his side at the nurse’s words. He didn’t want to believe it, he couldn’t bring himself to. He needed to stay positive didn’t he? Mary came in with a coffee cup a few minutes later and sat by his side. “Hey you. How are you holding up?”



Nick gave her a pitiful look and took the coffee from her with an appreciative nod. He sipped it letting the caffeine course into his system. “I’m doing okay by the way. Noah’s progressed a bit.”



“That’s good, I’ve come to relieve you for a little bit. You know you should go get something to eat. Maybe go see Alyssa. She’s still sleeping but I’m sure it’d be good for you.”



“No I should stay.”



Mary shook her head, “No go honey you need something to eat. Noah needs a strong father, and you’re not strong if you don’t eat something, I promise I’ll call if anything happens.”



Nick relented he was starving in fact, and he did really want to check on Alyssa. He knew that Noah would be okay with Mary, she was after all a heart surgeon and knew a thing or two about infants. He went down into the cafeteria of the hospital and got himself a bowl of soup and a drink. He sat eating it mulling over his thoughts and decided to get some presents for his soon-to-be wife and child. He finished and got up going to the gift shop. He picked out balloons for Alyssa’s room with a card in which he scrawled a long message for her to read once she fully woke up.



Just as he was picking out a stuffed teddy bear for Noah he sighed and checked his phone. No news was good news right? He breathed in relief and pulled some things for him and went over to pay. Having a set of balloons and a good sized teddy bear he went into the elevator going to Alyssa’s room first seeing her still asleep. He kissed her forehead and placed the balloons near her bed giving Clark a pat on his shoulder.



“Hey man how is Noah?”



“Progressed a little, Mary sent me to get some food for myself and I stopped at the gift shop on the way back.” He grinned a little. “How is she?”



Clark sighed. “She’s doing okay, she’s sleeping pretty soundly. She’s doing good though she should probably wake up later tonight, she’s been through a lot lately so I’m sure she’s taking full advantage of the sleep.”



Nick chuckled, “That’s Alyssa, she doesn’t sleep unless her body makes her. It was always that way in high school and in college it used to drive me nuts! Especially when we first moved in together I’d hear her pacing in the kitchen at 2 AM. God I’d give anything to hear that again.” He said as his cell phone went off. He picked it up in a hurry. “Mary?!”



“You need to get up here quick.” She stated then hung up. Nick ran out of the room grabbing the bear and went to the elevator. He cursed as it took forever to get him to the floor. He ran down the hall past the nurse’s station and flew down to his son’s room and saw an empty incubator. Nick whirled around seeing Mary standing there her hand over her mouth to quell her sobs. “No…” Nick half whispered as he dropped the bear and backed up to the wall his back hitting it then slid down it sitting on the floor. “No..no no no….” He kept saying over and over.



Mary sobbed and placed a hand on his shoulder, “I’m so sorry honey, we lost him…” She said joining him on the floor holding him as he sobbed in complete and utter despair.













If you read, let me know what you think okay?
End Notes:
A big huge ginormous thank you to Mel and Tri...you two helped me so much with your love support and questions. They're oh so appreciated!
Chapter 24: Gin And Catatonic by Teri
Author's Notes:
Wow just wow thank you for the huge response of the last few chapters. I hope you'll stick with the Nick and Ali saga because even though it doesn't look promising it does get better I swear! After all they are soulmater aren't they?
Chapter Twenty-Four: Gin And Catatonic



“Have you seen Nick?” Brian asked worried about his friend.



Mary shrugged, “He took off after Noah died, he said he couldn’t handle it, that God was trying to punish them for something.”



Brian sighed and looked over at the other three. “Guys, I think I might know where he went.”



“Where?” Kevin asked, he too was extremely worried, Nick took it hard the last time Alyssa had miscarried and for Noah to have survived just a few hours, made it all the more worse for Nick in his mind.



AJ thought, “Yeah, where? He should be by Alyssa’s side, at least the Nick I know would be there with her.” AJ explained wondering where Nick had run off to.



“He said that God is punishing them right?”



“But Brian, Nick’s not gonna go to church.”



“No but where would Nick go to punish himself?” Howie thought out loud then it dawned on him and he led the boys to the elevator. They got out and walked to the maternity ward. There Nick was standing in front of the window where they displayed all the newborns. He was leaning against the glass just looking over the room with the utmost depressed expression on his face. What he wouldn’t give to see a little bed with the name “Noah Aaron Carter” and a little baby wrapped in a blue blanket.



“Nick…come on man you gotta get out of here.” AJ suggested.



Nick looked over at them and sighed turning back to the scene in front of him, “Do you think they realize…how lucky they are…the parents I mean…do they even realize that in an instant it can all be taken away?”



Brian and Kevin sighed knowing that they couldn’t begin to fathom losing their sons as Nick had lost his. “Nick come on, Ali needs you.”



“She doesn’t need me, I’m a failure. I failed her…”



“Nick come on…” Kevin said pulling at him.



Nick shrugged him off and shoved him back, “You don’t get it do you? When you hold your son, when you play with Baylee…” He said shifting his gaze between them. “You just remember that I won’t get to do any of that with Noah because I failed him.” He said charging off to the elevators. He went downstairs going to Alyssa’s room seeing Mary cleaning her up a bit. “How is she?” He asked.



“She woke up a little, but they gave her some more pain medicine. She’s been really out of it. She probably won’t fully wake up til later today.” She replied giving him a hug. “How are you darlin’?” She asked with concern.



“Horrible…I just…”



“Go home and get some rest.”



“No Mary I can’t leave her now…”



Brian and AJ as well as the rest of the guys met him in the room. “Dude, you’re hard to track down.”



“Brian, Alex will you and Kellie take Nick home? He needs sleep.” Mary asked she saw the look of protest on his face and she shook her head. “Don’t make me use Kevin to force you out. Now go, get at least three hours of sleep.”



Nick relented and AJ, Brian and Kellie followed him out taking him home. About twenty minutes later Clark came walking back in. “Where is he?” Clark asked wondering where Nick was.



“I sent him home, just to get some sleep, I told him that if he didn’t go I’d force Kevin to make him. He didn’t put up much of a fight since Noah passed.”



“God I can’t even begin to imagine what he could be going through right now.”



“You have no idea how broken up he was. He couldn’t stop crying, I had Brian and AJ drive him home, because he wouldn’t be able to see if he drove. It’ll be so hard for him. I decided to arrange everything for Noah. Nick told me his wishes and I thought they were a good plan.” Mary sighed.



Clark looked in on his still sleeping sister, “She’ll probably be so angry when she wakes up. What did Nick say his plans were?”



“Cremate him and inter him next to Jamie in Arizona. He said it would only be right for him to be with family to protect him like he couldn’t or so he thinks he couldn’t.”



“Man…it’s just so terrible it had to happen to them. Of all people in this world I never would have thought they’d go through this.”



“It happens, dear one. Life isn’t all rainbows and puppies. Shit happens, and now this will either make or break them. I sincerely hope they’re able to work through their pain together, but you know Ali, she doesn’t deal with pain easily.”



Meanwhile Nick walked into the house hearing it eerily empty aside from Layla scampering to see them. He patted her head and walked more into the house with AJ, Brian, and Kellie not far behind. “Nick…” Kellie began making him turn slightly.



“What?” He asked looking pitiful, his eyes were bloodshot and his face was slightly puffy and red from crying so hard.



“Do you want some tea? Or maybe you should just go get a few hours of sleep?” She offered with a weak grin.



Nick shook his head and headed up the stairs to their bedroom. He stopped in the hallway and turned going into the nursery seeing the walls and all the furniture he’d put together for his son. A son that no longer existed. In one fateful night the family he craved and desired so much was snatched from him like some cruel joke. He gripped onto the side of the crib trying to quell the sadness within him. How could this happen to him? Didn’t he deserve a healthy and happy family? Now his first-born child was dead, and his fiancée was still heavily sedated in the hospital. If only he had seen it before he told himself. He felt the anger rise within him, he blamed himself, for everything, for Noah, for Alyssa, for his mother and every little thing that had gone wrong in his life. He balled up his fist and hit it hard against the wall creating a large hole about the size of his fist in the painted drywall. He saw the blood on his knuckles from hitting the wall so hard and he crumbled to the ground just staring at his hand.



Hearing the large thud everyone rushed up the stairs seeing him sitting amidst the nursery. Kellie went to his side kneeling by him. She knew he was in so much pain, anyone could tell it was written all over his face. “Nick, come on honey.” She said helping him up. She cleaned up his hand and relegated him to his bedroom laying him down to sleep for a few hours, and within 30 minutes or so Nick went off into dreamland cuddling Alyssa’s pillow to him in some sort of comfort from the past 24 hours.



Kellie went down into the living room and sighed. In all the time she’d known Nick and Alyssa, she’d never seen them so sad together. That was definitely going to be an experience for sure. Whenever there was a tragedy it was always on one side, Nick’s parent’s divorce, Collin’s death, Jamie’s passing… All of that had been able to bring them closer together. She joined AJ on the couch and curled up in his lap. “I just hope they’ll be okay.”



“Me too baby, me too.” He replied wrapping his arms around her waist.



“They’ll be okay…” Brian stated from his perch on the other end of the sofa. “Something tells me that this will only make them stronger. Maybe this was meant to be.”



“What how can you say that?” AJ asked with an incredulous tone.



Brian sighed and twiddled his thumbs a little, “Look at it this way Alex, they were fighting all the time lately, and if Noah had survived, where would that put their relationship? Would he just cause more stress for them with his illness that would eventually make him the ONLY thing holding the two of them together? Maybe God sent Noah and took him away for a reason, to teach them a lesson.”



Kellie rolled her eyes, “Figures the token bible thumper. All the theories in the world aren’t going to change the fact that this could ruin their relationship permanently.”



“Then maybe they weren’t meant to be if it does.” AJ remarked in return. He didn’t want to admit it but what if this did ruin the relationship, was there really a thing as true love if it did?



Kellie’s eyes widened at AJ. “How could you even think that? Nick and Ali not being together? They’d be miserable and they’d never been able to be apart.”



“Maybe that’s what they need?”



“No I refuse to believe that, they love each other, you don’t know their relationship like I do, I was there through everything and they love each other. They WILL get through this and no amount of speculation from either of you is helping them” She said standing up and walking out to the back patio she looked at the patio furniture and the pool. How many times had she come over to hang out on this very patio and how many times did she see Nick and Alyssa’s stolen glances and love sick gazes? Too many times to count. They could get through this because of that love they share. It’ll just take time. She told herself taking a deep breath and looked out over the ocean.



Four hours later…




Nick had woken up an hour before and now was sitting in Alyssa’s hospital room having placed a fresh bouquet of red roses in a vase for her. He had heard she would be waking up soon due to the medicine wearing off and he wanted to be there, at her bedside when she would awake finally. He gripped her fingers in his and surveyed her form. She was lying on her back, her stomach no longer had the tell tale protruding bump of a baby, but instead just had the expansion of it, the only real evidence anymore aside from the pictures on the ultrasound that she was ever really pregnant in the first place. He knew this was going to be hard.



To tell her that their only child had not survived the night and his first few hours. That he couldn’t protect him like he promised her. Like he promised himself that he would. He knew he didn’t want to be the one to tell her. He’d break down and crumble and show his weakness, his failure to protect and provide for his family like a father should. He felt her squeeze his fingers and soft moan escape her lips. “Alyssa?” He asked scooting closer his eyes searching her face for signs of life. He saw her brow furrow and began getting happier by the moment. “Sugar it’s me…” He said in hope.



Alyssa heard his voice through the darkness and suddenly all her thoughts of what happened flooded her mind. She opened her eyes a little seeing the fuzzy outline of his body sitting by her side and felt his hand intertwined with hers. “Nick…” She muttered as she began to open her eyes more letting the grow accustomed to the low light of the room.



Nick kissed her forehead and hit the call nurse button on her bed. “Sugar you’re okay oh God I thought I lost you for sure.”



“Lost me?” She said sitting up a little in bed then putting her head right back down, it weighted like ten thousand pounds and began to throb. She looked down to her stomach not seeing her baby bump anymore. “Wait…where’s Noah?”



“You don’t remember do you?” Nick said his heart falling a little. “The c-section?”



Alyssa racked her brain, remembering the c-section then feeling something inside her rip and then she grew incredibly weak and then it all grew dark. “Yeah I remember, where’s Noah though, is he okay?”



Nick’s face fell a little he didn’t want to say anything, “Let me get the doctor, they can explain better than I can.”



“No…where is he? Where’s our son?” She asked wanting to know, she felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach but she needed to know, needed to hear it for herself.



Nick bit his lip and his face turned dark. “Alyssa, please…”



And then the realization hit her. Her hand recoiled from his and her eyes widened. Just then the nurse and Dr. Petrarch walked in on her evening rounds. “Alyssa you’re awake.”



Alyssa stared off into space for a moment looking over at Nick’s face seeing the desperate tears sliding down his face. “Where’s my son?” She asked Dr. Petrarch.



“I’m so sorry Alyssa, but after he was born, we found he was cyanotic. He didn’t last more than four or five hours before he succumbed to his disorder and being so young it was likely to happen.”



Alyssa didn’t hear her, her heart sank and everything else in the room faded away as she began to stare off into space. She didn’t even realize that Nick and Dr. Petrarch were trying vainly to get her attention but nothing would get through to her mind. It was as if nothing was really there at all nothing but herself, and a huge black crevasse that made her feel empty, shattered and hollow. Her entire body ached, and even more so did her heart, she lost herself in her thoughts ignoring everyone coming into the room hugging her and kissing her forehead in relief that she’d woken up. Everyone soon realized that something was not right…the once bright happy woman they knew was a broken, hollow pale shell of who she used to be.



Nick couldn’t bear the sight of her, knowing how much pain she was in. The mere sight of her catatonia made him back slowly out of the room. He knew how alone she felt and how alone he felt in that moment. But he couldn’t help it, he blamed himself and he knew she blamed herself. All of a sudden he couldn’t breathe. The entire room was spinning and he had to get out. He saw the other guys approaching him and he backed away his complexion paling as he did so.



He went to the elevator without so much as a word and left the hospital as fast as he could. He went home going into the bar in the game room. He grabbed the large bottle of tequila and headed down to the beach at the bottom of the hill the house rested on. He sat there opening the bottle and took a long swig and mulled over his thoughts. He was angry and depressed. The only person who could understand his pain was laying in a hospital bed, in an almost catatonic state. The shock of losing their baby forced her mind to compartmentalize to the point where it shut everyone and everything out, just focusing on all the pain and suffering in her mind. He knew it was her coping mechanism.



What he didn’t know…was that he’d been followed.



“I knew I’d find you out here.” A familiar raspy voice said behind him.



“Fuck you Alex…” Nick muttered.



AJ took the bottle of tequila from him making him glare and chucked it into the surf. “What the fuck are you doing?!”



Nick crumbled at that point weeping into his hands. He felt so lost so much weighed upon his heart he just wanted it to go away. “I can’t lose her too…” He muttered in between sobs.



“You haven’t lost her yet. Just be there for her, don’t let her forget that you love her. Kellie made me see that you need Alyssa in your life and Goddamnit Nick. Don’t punk out now.”



Nick looked over at his friend. “What am I going to do?”



“I don’t know, but let’s go find out what we can do just by being there and not being afraid to face the pain. You remember the bullshit I went through. How I wanted to just numb the pain?”



“Yeah of course.”



“Well you’re both doing the same thing. And it’s your job to make her feel the pain, face it, and moved past it.”



“Move past it?”



“It’s not going to be easy, but if you two really are meant to be, you’ll make it through. And that lil bro, is up to you.” AJ said hoping his words resonated inside his friend.



Nick looked to the sky seeing how dark it was and lit up at the same time by the moon and it’s reflection across the water. He sighed and nodded. “Yeah, I can do that…” He said standing up feeling more and more confident by the moment. He knew deep down that no matter what, no matter how much pain they were going through, that they needed each other, to lean on and love and he was going to prove that to her at all costs.














If you read let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!




End Notes:
To Tri, Jamanda, Mel and Julilly and all those who have reviewed so far. Thank you so much!!
Chapter 25: The Importance Of Family by Teri
Author's Notes:
sooo wow I'm really on a roll. Let's hope this keeps up! And Tri I think I've turned into you! With daily updates! LOL Thank you to everyone for the amazing amount of reviews I've received lately keep it up! It's been really inspiring!!
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Importance Of Family



Four weeks, a solid month, it had been since that fateful night and yet Alyssa had yet to speak to anyone in the house. The guys all stayed relatively close each coming over everyday. Alyssa’s family had all moved into the house for the time being as well as Nick’s siblings staying close by. All of them waited to see if there was some sign of life from Alyssa. Nick had tried and tried but after her mostly catatonic state had ended she still didn’t utter a word. The only thing that had brought her out of shock was her hunger, and Clark who knew “everyone has to eat” and placed a plate of aromatic deliciousness in front of her until it seeped in her mind and her survival instincts took over and devoured the entire thing.



Nick was thankful for the family being close by, but it really just hindered him from truly getting through to her. He needed her to look at him see that he wasn’t going away. And the maybe they’d be able to get through it all. With everyone around he felt expendable, useless and disposable. He spent a lot of his time with Alyssa just sitting in the same room as her. But when she’d go out on her own. Like she’d been doing once a day for hours at a time. It worried him, but then he followed her once and saw she was just running to get her mind off the internal pain she felt so deeply. He let her be to have that few hours alone a day he knew she needed it and it left him to be able to do some work. He’d been working from home on the album only an hour a day then would spend another hour with Emma on the phone and sometimes in person keeping things strictly business between them.



His earlier temptation he realized that she wasn’t what he was truly desiring. He’d realized that when finally one night the sex dream had returned and instead of freaking out he slept through it, only to discover half way through that Emma transformed into Alyssa. And that right there said it all to him. He missed the way they were in the beginning of their relationship, where nothing else mattered but the two of them. It made him more confident than ever that Alyssa truly was the only one for him. If he could go through a time where he doubted his feelings and yet still come out and be able to say “yes that’s the girl I want” then he knew they’d be able to survive this.



What he didn’t want was to leave her. He knew he had to, only for a few days in Nashville to finish things up for the album. It was 3/4 the way completed and he didn’t want to go. He feared if he left and she finally opened up that he’d miss everything and it would further pull them apart. He watched her sit on the bed with her knees drawn up to her chest as she watched him pack his bags. “It’s only for a couple days, a week at most.” He explained. Alyssa looked up at him and nodded it irked him to no end that she still hadn’t spoken a single word. He sighed and went over to her reaching for her only to have her pull away and scoot to the other side of the bed. Feeling defeated he went back to packing. “While I’m gone, just please don’t forget that I love you.”



Alyssa’s eyes met his for a moment and they both saw the immense pain they’d been going through reflected in their eyes. She breathed heavily seeing the pain, angst and love in his eyes. She turned away quickly feeling the knot forming in her stomach. She couldn’t deal with her own emotions at the moment so what made her think she could even begin to handle his? Nick sighed and zipped up his two pieces of luggage. He picked up his luggage and brought them down stairs.



She watched him walk out of the room and felt a tightening in her chest and a familiar stinging in the corner of her eyes. She stood up quickly and went to the French doors that lead to their balcony. She walked out side a little and looked up closing her eyes feeling the sun bathe her in warmth. It was the most comforting thing she had at the moment. The reminder of Nick’s love as much as she knew she loved him too, only brought her memories of the product of that love, Noah…and it made her scared that maybe their love wasn’t strong enough if they weren’t able to create a healthy child. It killed her to think that the little kicks inside her abdomen were gone, and turned to ashes interred next to her father in Arizona. It made her long for the weeks and months prior to losing him, when she was so excited about his impending arrival that would have been that fall. But to unforeseen circumstances it came all the sooner. Unforeseen…she should have seen it all along she thought to herself. Instead of preparing for his arrival the way she had. She should have just sat back and relaxed he already was there, and she ignored him and the warning signs and now…she thought to herself, “I’ve killed him…”



Meanwhile downstairs Nick loaded up in the truck and sighed. “Don’t worry man, we’ll take care of her while you’re gone.” Clark said patting Nick on the shoulder.



Nick shook his head, “I shouldn’t go, she needs me with her. What if she breaks down while I’m gone? She blames me and I know it. And more so she blames herself. I’m just scared she’s going to…”



“Going to what? Attempt suicide again?”



Nick sighed, “You never know, this could be the right push to send her off the edge for good.” Nick reasoned.



Clark shook his head, “You don’t know that.”



Nick clenched his fists, “You didn’t see her lying on the bathroom floor did you?! No, I saw that, I saw the amount of pain she was going through back then and she almost took her own life because of that. And this is ten times worse. Don’t you think it’d be logical if she does it.”



“I’ll make sure she doesn’t…” Clark said protectively as they both climbed into the truck and drove off to the airport.



Meanwhile…



Mary found Alyssa in her old bedroom sitting on the couch looking out the window with a faraway expression. “Darling daughter…” She began sitting next to her. She brushed a few strands behind her ear and caressed her face with her hand. “I’m so sorry the pain you’ve had to endure lately. You don’t deserve this. No one really does.” Alyssa looked to her mother and then back out the window. And laid her head on her arms that were folded on the back of the couch. Mary sighed and continued to talk but when she found it was no use she got up and left, “Just remember, we love you and are here for you no matter what sweetheart.”



Alyssa sighed and continued to look out at the window she got up a moment later and grabbed her journal and began to write out her thoughts hoping that something would come from them.



I feel so alone. No one can really understand what I’m going through. Nick can of course, he sees my pain and it’s his own. And that right there makes me feel even worse…



She stopped as she felt herself begin to be overwhelmed with emotion. She got up and changed and headed out to run. She ran hard and fast hoping the more she ran the less she’d feel like a complete and monumental failure. She kept moving kept running feeling a burning in her chest as she pushed harder and harder to keep going. Before she knew it she’d ended up out of the neighborhood and on the main road. She stopped and sighed taking a drink of her water bottle. She thought a moment, she needed a distraction from all the pain and she looked up over to the highway from the hill she stood on overlooking the main road. There she saw a billboard advertising her school. And right then a plan formed in her mind, something that could help take her away from all the pain she was holding so deep inside. With that she turned and ran all the way back to the house passing her mother on the way in.



“Alyssa what’s going on?”



Alyssa didn’t reply but for the first time in a long time, she felt like she had at least some semblance of purpose again.



At the same time Nick took his seat on the plane. He looked around seeing a newlywed couple, a businessman and a very well dressed woman with an infant in her arms. His stomach flipped and knotted when he saw how adoringly she looked at her baby. How he wished he could see that on Alyssa’s face instead of the blank emotionless one he’d started to grow accustomed to. He hated it the thought of her being in so much pain and being so alone in it. It scared him to think what she could be doing, thinking, and wondering.



That night…



Nick picked up his cell phone and called his home, smiling when Mary answered. “Hey Mary can you put Ali on?”



“Sure thing.” Mary went over and handed Alyssa the phone. “Ali, you don’t have to say anything to him just listen okay?”



Alyssa took the phone from her mother and pressed it to her ear.



Nick heard her breathing on the other end and smiled, “Hey…still not talking huh?” He waited hearing a pause knowing that she’d have one eyebrow arched as if to say “you’re kidding right? Of course I’m not talking.” He sighed and gathered his thoughts, “I miss you, the real you. I know you’re hurting sugar and I am too. I love you so much and we’re going to get through this. I promise I’ll be home soon and I’ll do anything I can to help you, to help us.”



Alyssa gave the phone back to her mother not wanting to hear anymore she went into the bathroom and drew a bath in the tub adding bubbles to it before immersing herself in the near scalding water hoping it would wash away all her emotions and pain.



“Nick? She went to take a bath.” She said into the receiver.



Nick sighed and relented he knew she was trying to avoid the pain and any reminder of that pain. “Keep an eye on her Mary.”



“Of course sweetie, I wouldn’t dream of anything different. Hopefully she’ll be more up to talking once you come back.”



“I hope so.”



“She will, just gotta have faith.” She replied looking over at the bathroom door as she rang off with Nick. That’s really all they needed was just to have a little faith in each other and their relationship and all would be right again wouldn’t it? After Alyssa’s bath Mary helped her get ready for bed and tucked her in just like she used to when she was a young child. “Sleep well Alyssa. Hopefully things will look better tomorrow.” She said then kissed her forehead before getting up and going down stairs seeing Clark sitting there.



“How is she?”



“Still not talking. I’m so scared for her right now.”



Clark folded his hands on the table. “I can’t take much more of this. It’s so nerve wracking, I can’t understand why she just won’t talk you know?



Mary nodded and saw Kellie picking up her phone. “She won’t talk because she just wants to be alone in her pain right now.”



“That’s so fucking selfish of her.”



Mary shook her head, “Then you really don’t get the kind of loss she’s going through Clark. She lost her son. Imagine if you lost little Jamie before you even got to hold him? Can you even begin to fathom all that pain she’s in? It’s not her being selfish, she’s trying to preserve herself and us. She doesn’t want any of us to feel what she feels because she doesn’t want to see us in that kind of pain. That’s why she’s pushing Nick away. She sees how much pain he has inside him and she feels like she caused it.”



Clark ran his hand over his face in frustration, “But she didn’t cause it!”

“You try getting that through to your sister. Remember this is Alyssa we’re talking about she’s more stubborn than any of us.”



He sighed and looked toward the stairs, “I suppose you’re right. I just hope she sees it eventually that it isn’t her fault.”



Four days later…



Alyssa woke up with a start her breathing heavy as she blindly searched for Nick. She looked to his side of the bed seeing it empty and she felt the emptiness inside her begin to grow. She got up seeing the early morning light stream in from the French doors and windows in the room. Alyssa moved quickly going into the hall. She looked at the closed door in front of her, the one that was meant for her child.



The one that would remain forever unoccupied by his presence.



She opened the door looking around the room. She saw the hole in the wall from Nick’s anger a month beforehand. She felt the same anger surge within her. Anger at herself, at Nick for not recognizing the warning signs before it was too late. She looked at the empty crib, the tiny basketball hoop Nick had gushed about putting up there. Her emotions over took her and she took the crib and tipped it over letting it crash to the ground. She moved to the changing table doing the same and then to the dresser taking out all the drawers flinging them around the room as angry tears began to stream down her face.



Hearing the loud clatter Mary and Clark rushed into the room seeing her ransacking it. “Alyssa stop!” Clark yelled going to her putting his hands on her shoulders making him look at her. She looked at him and punched his chest hard trying to push him away. When he didn’t move even after her violent shoves she broke down falling to her knees.



“I killed him, I killed him…” She sobbed as Clark felt tears sting his eyes.



He kneeled on one knee in front of her, “You didn’t kill him Ali…”



“I’m a murderer…I killed my son, I was so selfish and stupid and I killed him because of that…” She said then continued to say that she killed him over and over as sob after sob escaped her. Clark held her to him hugging her as she soaked his shirt with her tears. He looked over to Mary who was crying herself.



“I’ll call him…” She mouthed to her son. She knew that Nick would need to hear this, she knew he’d rush home the minute he heard that Alyssa had broken down at least a little bit. And hopefully now they could begin to heal. Mary went down the stairs and called Nick’s cell phone.



“Hello?” He asked answering it.



Mary heard the other guys talking in the background she knew he was busy working, “Nick I’m so sorry to bother you, but Alyssa just had a little breakdown.”



Nick’s heart quickened and he breathed in, “Is she okay?”



“I think so she’s crying, and Clark is holding her, she trashed the nursery.” She explained. “I think it would be a good idea if you came home.”



Nick replied, “Yes, I’ll be right there.” He rang off with her quickly and turned to the guys. “I’m sorry but I gotta go, she needs me.”



Brian grinned a little and AJ and Howie exchanged a glance all of them knew one thing, Alyssa needed Nick and that thought made them all just a little bit more hopeful that everything would be okay. “Well than get the hell out of here.” AJ replied making Nick grin genuinely for the first time in a long time before he left this time he wasn’t going to let her shut him out. No matter how hard she tried he was going to get through to her like he knew he could.











If you read take the time to let me know what you think okay? Awesome and thank you for reading!


End Notes:
To Tri, Julilly, Mel, and Jamanda you ladies rock!
Chapter 26: Bleed It Out by Teri
Author's Notes:
Oooh so I took a day off for the holiday but I'm back! I wrote up chapter 26 today and it seems like a really big turning point for my writing and will certainly help me write the prequels and certain scenes in them. Anyways enjoy and please let me know what you think! Oh and happy turkey day...even though it's a day late!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Bleed It Out



“I bleed it out, Digging deeper just to throw it away, Just to throw it away, Just to throw it away.” (Bleed It Out by Linkin Park)



***************************************
Alyssa Narrating



I hate myself. I hate my life. I hate everything. Nothing has any value to me anymore, not since I lost the most precious thing I could have ever had. Being a mother is a special thing a gift that all women should experience in their lifetimes and it got taken away from me.



Why?



Because I was selfish and ungrateful. And I didn’t see the damage it was causing.



I’d give anything to go back to my life before all of this. Before Nick and I were engaged, before everything. It seems like the second we really start to settle down everything starts to go haywire. I don’t get it, why can’t I be happy? Why couldn’t I just be happy ever? Why did I have to be so blind and be so ungrateful? I just can’t understand it and I need something to distract me from this pain. This hatred of myself inside of me.



Hence I’ve decided to start school again, I need something a distraction that will keep me occupied. I’m going to get my PhD. And it’s been hard I had to practically pull rank just to get accepted into the program I wanted. Something about being too late for late enrollment or whatever. I couldn’t take no for an answer and ended up getting a special allowance since I’m a professor at the university.



What I’m studying is educational psychology in terms of relatability and resonance in Shakespeare literature. Sounds terribly boring I know but really it’s going to be amazing and my dissertation will be enough to eventually get me published, and hell I might even start writing textbooks on the subject and design my own course around it.



School doesn’t start for another few days and I’m going crazy. I’ve been talking with Olivia, since she came back from the hospital the other day. She can’t believe all that’s happened and she blames herself. And she really shouldn’t. It’s my fault, my problems that I unleashed on her and if she hadn’t been such an amazing sister and came down here to see me in the first place…



Maybe she wouldn’t have gotten hurt at all. I know there’s homophobes everywhere but at least in San Francisco where there is at least an atmosphere there that’s much more tolerant than most places it seems. It’s crazy to think that some people weren’t brought up to be as tolerant and understanding as I was. I was never taught to hate someone because of who they happened to love, what they looked like or what ever religion they subscribed to. It wasn’t so much out of being born out of two hippies like my parents.



Yes I know, my mother a hippie?

 

Though I can’t quite imagine them smoking it up with a black light and Led Zeppelin posters I can imagine them driving around touring with my dad’s band in his van and preaching about peace and love. And I guess it transferred to me and my siblings. What I wouldn’t give to talk to my father, especially now.



I wish I could just see his face, hear his voice just for a little bit, maybe then I’d be able to make it through all of this pain. Right now it seems like nothing could help me make it through. I couldn’t even bear to look at Nick, I see the pain in his eyes and I can’t handle it. Because I know this is all my fault, if I had just understood what my own body was telling me. Then maybe I wouldn’t have lost our son.



I wouldn’t have to see so much pain in his eyes. Pain that I caused. Pain that’s become so much, that it’s almost too much to bear on my own. But how could I talk to anyone about this? Talking about it just makes it hurt more. The pain seems to be growing and hurting more with each day.



And I don’t know how much more I can take. I don’t think I can take seeing more pain on his face. All of it is my fault and you know what? Maybe he’d be better off without me. Maybe it would save him so he can find someone that won’t hurt him like I have. With Brandon, and now little Noah. God he must hate me, just like I hate myself. I can barely look in a mirror because I’m so disgusted with myself. I can only imagine how angry and disgusted Nick must be at me. And really I deserve every bit of it. I just keep thinking…



Maybe if I wasn’t around, he could move on and have a happier life without me.



End Narration
********************************************



Alyssa walked into the living room with two cups of tea. She handed one to her sister, Olivia and the other she set on the coffee table for herself. Olivia looked at Alyssa seeing the pain in her eyes that she was trying to deny herself of. She felt horrible that her sister blamed herself for her getting hurt. She couldn’t believe that Alyssa could take any of the blame at all. After all she’d gone to LA as a surprise to her dear sister and to take care of her. “How are you?” She asked seeing her sisters sad expression.



Alyssa shrugged, “I don’t even know anymore…I’m so sorry Olivia…for making you come to LA if you hadn’t…” Alyssa said stopping when Olivia waved her hand to stop her.



She shook her head and gave her sister a sympathetic look. “Alyssa Mackenzie, this is not your fault you didn’t force me to come to LA and you didn’t force me to go out that night. I chose to. So don’t think for one moment that you can blame yourself.”



“I do though and if only I would have stopped you…”



“Stop thinking like that…I’m here aren’t I?



“Yeah…but you were hurt and violated…” She replied she felt like she might as well should have been the one to do all those horrible things to her. She felt guilty enough to be the one who did it. But then again would the perpetrators have any remorse? Olivia sighed a little still wincing at the residual pain in her ribs. “Are you all right?” Alyssa asked her sister. She was concerned that her sister was in more pain that she was letting on.



Olivia gave her sister a look. “Why are you so worried about me, you should be more focused on getting yourself better. Jesus Clark told me you died!”



“I didn’t die, I’m still here.” Alyssa reminded. Ever since she’d been told that her own heart had stopped it scared her that her body had given out so quickly. And sometimes she wondered, what if they couldn’t bring her back?



Olivia saw the darkness wash over her face and placed her good hand on her sister’s shoulder. “Hey, come on now you’re alive, and so is Nick you should be happy hat you two can work through this.”



“I don’t know Olivia…it’s just so hard.” She replied.



Meanwhile Nick took a deep breath letting it out slowly as he walked up to the house. He was more than happy to be home yet at the same time he felt nervous about the state in which Alyssa would be. Would she be teary-eyed, would she only talk to a few people and nothing more? He didn’t know but what he did know is that he needed to be with her. He’d taken off on the other guys in time to catch a relatively reasonable flight out of Nashville. He walked in patting Layla who scurried to the door at his arrival on the head.



He heard Alyssa’s voice come from the living room then stop at his announcement from Layla that he arrived home. He came into the living room dropping his bags near the walkway into the room. Without saying a word he came over to her and kissed her temple, “Hey sugar. How are you?” He asked keeping his voice low and soft.



Alyssa closed her eyes and waited until he pulled away. She got up quickly and went up the stairs holing herself up in her old bedroom. Nick sighed and watched her exit. He shrugged and his shoulders slumped in defeat.



“Don’t worry Nick, she’ll come around.” Olivia said optimistically.



Nick shook his head and sat down in Alyssa’s spot feeling the warmth her body left on the couch. What he wouldn’t give just to feel that again. “I don’t want her to come around, she needs to depend on me, for Christ’s sake she’s marrying me and she won’t even speak to me.”



Olivia patted him on his knee. “I’m sure you’ll think of something.”



“I already have.”



Olivia’s eyebrows raised in surprise, “Oh really?”



Nick gave her a look, “Get everyone but Alyssa, and have them meet me in the kitchen okay?”



She gave him an odd glance. “Okay…” She said as they both stood. Nick pulled her into a gentle hug.



“I’m glad you’re all right Ollie. I don’t know what I’d do without you being okay.” He whispered in her ear.



Olivia grinned and held him tighter for a moment, “You just take care of her that’s all I ask.”



Nick broke away and studied her face then nodded before heading off to the kitchen. Olivia grinned and went around the house gathering everyone and within twenty minutes she had everyone in the kitchen everyone greeting Nick giving him hugs and pats on the back welcoming him home. After the initial chatter rang out in the kitchen and died down he looked at everyone, seeing his siblings, Alyssa’s family, Kellie, and Lori with little Jamie on her hip. He sighed and placed his hands on the counter and looked down. “I want to thank all of you…for being here to support us during all of this shit that’s happened.”



Mary grinned and placed her hand on his forearm. “No problem honey, you’re family to all of us, blood related or not we love you.”



Nick raised his hand a little to stop them from going into more detail. “As much as I love that you guys have been here to provide your support. I’m going to have to ask everyone to back off.” He said making everyone’s brow furrow in frustration and confusion. “I know you all want to be here to help us get through this time. But I can’t have you all here. All it’s doing is making the distance between Ali and I worse. We need to rely on each other right now for support more so than you guys. And I know you want to be here and only want to help and I thank you all for it. You’re my family and I just need to be with her right now. She’s opening up to Olivia and breaking down slowly and I’m sorry but you all being here is making it easier on her to not open up to me. Her and I lost our son.”



“Nick…” Clark began to say to reason with him.



“I’m not finished…” Nick replied quickly. “We lost our child. You lost a nephew, or a grandchild. And I know all of you just want to help. But really you’re stopping us from moving on. I need this time alone with her. To get her to open up to me. So she can get her anger and grief out or it’s going to result in something we all don’t want.”



“And what’s that?” Olivia challenged. “Do you think she’ll attempt suicide again?”



Nick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t know what she’ll do. But she’s letting herself stay closed off because she doesn’t have to open up with everyone around. And I don’t want to keep that cycle going so please I just need time with her.”



Mary nodded, “All right, all of us will be gone by this evening…” She said as everyone else began to voice their concerns and opinions in protest. “Enough!” Mary said loudly and sternly making everyone shut up. “They need this, we’ll be too selfish if we stay. So it’s done, we’re going.” She said shooing everyone out of the kitchen to go pack. She turned to Nick and hugged him whispering. “Just take care of my baby okay?”



“I’ll try my best.” He replied hugging her back. He watched as she left the room and went to go pack to leave later that afternoon. He knew he needed to be alone with her, to make her see that they could rely on just each other to get past their pain and grow together. He just hoped that in return she wouldn’t do something monumentally stupid to ruin any progress they may make.



Meanwhile Alyssa looked out her door seeing no one in the halls. She grabbed her iPod and snuck down the stairs heading for the door. “Going out for a run?” Nick asked making her stop and turn. She nodded in response and he came over to her placing his hands on her shoulders then rubbed his hands on her arms. “Be safe okay? I’m going to go to the store and get us some food for dinner tonight. How does chicken marsala sound?”



She sighed and nodded. “It sounds good.” She said softly. He grinned and brought her body close to his hugging her dipping his head to kiss her shoulder in relief she’d finally said something even though it was innocuous as what she’d said, still it was progress. Alyssa pulled away quickly turning and going out of the door. What little hope he had was dashed slightly by her cold reaction to physical contact with him. He knew she was suffering. But couldn’t she see he was suffering too? He’d been going crazy without her touch lately, even something so innocent as a hug or just a grazing of their hands. He missed the littlest things the most about them lately. The shared glances and just the general idea of being alone together and being able to just know and feel that innate comfort both used to provide for each other. He watched her disappear from view in the window and sighed, hopefully they’d get back to that earlier stage in their friendship and their relationship.



About five minutes later everyone came down the stairs to bid Nick farewell, as he got ready to go to the store himself. He hugged them all and they each left notes for Alyssa saying they’d call later to check up on her. Mary hung back a little and gave Nick one final hug as he headed out to his Range Rover. He hugged her and thanked her for her understanding and all her support. He watched her leave along with everyone else and smiled. He was grateful to them for all their love and support, but he knew one thing. He and Alyssa needed this time to be back to just being Nick and Alyssa again. And really begin to rebuild the love and trust they used to value so much.



He drove to the store thinking about everything as he parked and got out and headed into the store. He sighed seeing a 20 something girl stop and stare. He turned and grinned a little at her as he began moving throughout the store. He grabbed all the ingredients he saw on the list he’d made from Alyssa’s recipe box. After getting all the necessary vegetables and fruit for dinner and dessert he moved to the butcher section getting just the right cuts of chicken that were called for in the recipe.



Meanwhile Alyssa ran back into their neighborhood stopping in front of the house. She knew Nick was going to be gone to get dinner for them, but then why was everyone else’s cars and trucks were gone as well. She shook her head and stretched to cool down from her run. She headed inside and sighed hearing Layla scurry to the door barking and her tail wagging.



“Hey Layla baby.” She said scratching her behind her ear. Layla had become much more of a comfort lately, always sticking by her side offering a friendly face even when she just wanted to be left alone. She walked throughout the foyer and living room and then went upstairs inspecting all the rooms seeing everyone had gone.



She’d never felt more alone than in that singular moment. Had everyone just deserted her? With her head hung low she went up to the master bedroom and into the bathroom disrobing and getting into the shower.



At the same moment Nick made his way to the check out counter confident in his selections for dinner. He swiped his debit card paying for his purchases making small talk with the cashier flashing a trademark grin for her before he left. He sighed and loaded the few bags he had into his truck grimacing to himself as he saw shutterbugs out of the corner of his eye. He hated how being a celebrity meant every facet of your life was out for display. A few approached him, “Nick how are you feeling since the loss of the baby?”



He sighed and clenched his fists and set his jaw. Word had leaked out weeks ago of the entire debacle and no word from him or his publicist let the rumor mill churn with endless possibilities as to why the pregnancy had ended so abruptly. He turned to them and gave them all a disapproving glance. “Have you people no shame? Just leave us be we’re suffering enough from grief without you guys butting your heads into our private lives.” He left the paparazzi stunned as he got into his truck and pulled away making his way back home.



Simultaneously Alyssa got out of the shower wrapping herself in a large bath towel drying off and getting dressed. She noticed most of the steam had dissipated in the room and she caught her reflection in the mirror. The dark circles under her eyes, the pain she saw in her reflection she breathed heavily she went toward it seeing herself and what she’d let herself become. Most of her skin was pale or sallow with sadness; the only sun she would get was on her daily run which was an hour or two at most. She grimaced and then grew angry at herself.



Her anger began to grow, at her reflection her outward appearance that clearly displayed the torment going on within her heart and mind. She balled up her fist and struck out in fury breaking the mirror, sending shattered shards onto the counter and the tiled floor below. She withdrew her hand and looked down at it the red blood dripping from where the glass of the mirror had pierced her skin. She saw a small jagged piece of mirror on the floor and picked it up as she backed up sitting on the tiled steps of the large sunken tub. She studied the shard in her hand for a long moment glancing between it and the large bleeding cut on her hand covering her palm in blood.



The momentary relief of her struggle that the anger and subsequent injury gave her reminded her of a different phase of her life, and suddenly she realized why she truly began to cut in the first place. It did physically distract her from her internal pain. Breathing hard and with a shaky hand she began drawing the shard along her arm in shallow cuts that let the red blood inside her begin to stain and mark her arm where the shard had been drug across. She hissed and closed her eyes reveling in the physical pain she inflicted on herself.



Meanwhile down stairs Nick had just entered from the garage and put all the food away to cook later. He noticed that Layla hadn’t come down to greet him and he knew that meant Alyssa was home and upstairs. He grinned and headed up the staircase seeing the lights basically out in all the upstairs except for a faint light coming from underneath the bathroom door from both their bedroom and Alyssa’s old room as well.



He walked into the bedroom and pushed open the door, “Alyssa?” He called out quietly seeing the broken mirror the shards on the counter and floor the light trail of blood made his heart race as he found her sitting poised to drag the shard across her skin again her arm having three or four cuts already. “What the hell is going on?” He announced sharply making Alyssa look up at him.



She dropped the blood soaked shard to the tiled floor and got up avoiding eye contact with him. She’d seen his shocked expression the look of horror and disgust in his eyes. She went over to the other sink down a little ways from the other where all the glass from the mirror was. She washed off her arm hissing at the sting it caused. “It’s nothing.” She said plainly.



That’s when Nick’s anger raged, he couldn’t believe she was cutting again, let alone trying to pass it off as something that wasn’t important. “Nothing?! Is that all you have to say?” He spat back.



“What would you like me to say Nick?” She said finally meeting his gaze with her own.



He clenched his fists and shook his head at her, “You fucking promised me?! Does that mean nothing to you? You promised me you wouldn’t cut again. And here you are fucking cutting again!? What the fuck Ali?”



Alyssa turned her eyes from him for a moment and looked down at her arm. She couldn’t tell him of all the things she wanted to. She couldn’t burden him with her pain because she knew that it would only make his worse. So instead she went for anger and sarcasm to protect him from the truth. “So what’s it to you what I do with myself or my body, it’s not like any of this fucking matters anymore.”



Nick shut his eyes feeling the stinging of tears hit his eyes. He looked at her and moved toward her slightly. “I’ll tell you what fucking matters Alyssa. It was us. All this fucking time I’ve been trying to get you see that and you didn’t care all you fucking cared about was your fucking pain. Well what about mine huh!? Don’t you fucking think that I matter anymore? What are you going to do, try to kill yourself again?” He said pausing for a moment as if he waited for an answer. When he didn’t receive one he continued. “No you just wanted to be a selfish bitch and not share with me how you’re feeling so we can get better. I can’t fucking believe I fell in love with you. I’m done I can’t handle this anymore. I can’t fucking sit by and let you fucking push me away so you can have an excuse to do this to yourself anymore. I’m not going to wait for you to kill yourself and end our relationship or whatever the fuck we’ve become. I’m ending it now. Do what you want, just don’t expect me to give a shit about you anymore.” He spouted making her eyes widen at his words. He shook his head again in disgust and left the room charging down the stairs and out of the house.



Back in the bathroom the realization fully hit her and his words pierced the walls she’d built back up. She felt a tightening in her chest and a stinging in her eyes. She heard the tires on his car squeal as he peeled out of the driveway. Her whole entire body shook and she fell to her knees on the tile letting out a loud wail as hot tears of grief and frustration began streaming down her face.



“If you want you can find me. On the dark side of the sun. Babe I don't wanna see what we've become. The damage has all been done. Wake me up when it's over. After the ending. When the damage has all been done. The damage is done. I don't wanna be somewhere. I don't wanna be somewhere. Where you can watch me as I bleed. Leave me here in pieces.” (In Pieces by BSB)












If you read take time to let me know what you thought! And thanks to everyone for their awesome reviews lately! Keep it up!

End Notes:
Thanks to Tri, girl where would I be without ya?
Chapter 27: 4 In The Morning by Teri
Author's Notes:
Yes I totally got the chapter title from Gwen's song of the same name. That and Inconsolable are awesome tracks to listen to as you read the chapter, (just a hint LOL) anyways thanks for the reviews and hope you'll stay tuned!
Chapter Twenty-Seven: 4 In The Morning



I close the door. Like so many times, so many times before. Filmed like a scene on the cutting room floor. I wanna let you walk away tonight without a word.



Nick drove aimlessly for three solid hours finally ending up in Malibu. He walked out over the beach laying down on it looking up at the darkened sky. He looked at all the stars he could see. Why did she have to cut? Why couldn’t she just let him in? He couldn’t understand it. And he didn’t really want to either. He breathed in the salty sea air and relaxed back against the lumpy sand. He felt the tears sting his eyes and began to flow as he surveyed the massive expanse of sky above him. And the only thing he could think of wasn’t how she betrayed him but the one thing that came to mind was wonder. Wondering what she was doing at the moment.



Was she crying her eyes out? Was she cutting still? He shook his head he certainly hoped to God that she wasn’t still cutting. It scared him to his very core that she was even contemplating cutting again not to mention that she actually would do it again. What if…? No he wasn’t going to let himself go there. There was too many if’s in that statement alone. He just needed ot sort out his thoughts before he went to her again so maybe they could salvage everything that had been destroyed just a few hours before.



I try to sleep, yeah. But the clock is stuck on thoughts of you and me. A thousand more regrets unraveling. OOoh, if you were here right now,. I swear I'd tell you this Baby I don't wanna waste another day. Keepin it inside, it's killing me. Cause all I ever wanted comes right down to you (to you). I wish that I could find the words to say. Baby I would tell you, every time you leave. I'm inconsolable…(**)



Alyssa had bandaged up her arm and changed her clothing in favor of one of Nick’s old Buccanneer’s jersey’s. She sat on their bed holding his pillow to her face as she cried smelling him over the fabric. She sobbed harder and harder in the darkness of the room until she could barely breathe. She moved back grabbing a box of tissues and blew her nose. She laid on the bed wishing he was there, just to hold her as she cried. But instead she clutched his pillow and cried to herself silently in the darkness.



She thought of him. Almost every second her mind kept replaying all their happy moments in her mind. God what she wouldn’t give for his smile, his hands on her skin again. Just to feel him next to her after such a distance for so long. Could they still reach each other? Or had the divide between them grown to canyon-esque size proportions? She hoped they could but after all it was all a matter of time and whether Nick was willing or not to work to



*****************************************
Nick Narrating:



How could she do this?



I don’t understand it. I mean on some level I do understand her. But at the same time…How can I ever forgive her for breaking the one promise she swore she never would break? I know how much pain she’s in is ten times worse than what she went through with Collin, and losing her father over two years ago, and then our relationship woes and now Noah. It’s been building and escalating to a point where I don’t even know where to begin to try to fix it.



Even at therapy a week ago I spoke to Dr. Pinsky about how everything had happened. And he pretty much explained that she’s a classic case of trying to protect her loved ones from feeling terrible for her. That she doesn’t want pity or any sympathy and is trying to protect me in some odd way from her pain making mine even worse.



And really I do get that. But it’s just ugh…so fucking frustrating sometimes. I want to be there for her. I want to be the only one she can truly confide in. If she has a problem with me she should talk to me about it. And I know she needs her friends to go for an outside opinion about everything too and that’s fine, but I want to be the first person she talks to about anything, about everything. Isn’t that what’s supposed to happen between a couple especially when they’re getting married?



I know, I broke up with her tonight, and I said some really harsh words but I just couldn’t keep them bottled up inside anymore. It’s not so much that I just want her to rely on me. I want us to rely on each other. The way we used to. When we were friends the only thing we didn’t know about each other was that we were actually secretly in love.



But that doesn’t matter anymore.



What matters is that we know we love each other. I know I love her. And though her pain is so strong right now I know she loves me. And we just need to get back to that. I think we’ll be okay if we do.



Which is why I think we need some outside professional help.



Dr. Pinsky, man is an absolute relationship god I swear.



I can sit there and tell him a story about Alyssa and I or any other relationship I’ve ever had and within ten minutes he’s got me realizing something profound about said relationship. It’s incredible and maybe if I can get Alyssa to go with me, we can begin to work out our problems as well.



The first time around with her cutting she never sought professional help. And really that’s my fault I take the blame there because I didn’t force her. I thought I could do it myself. I thought I had succeeded for years, but after tonight…I realize I’d only made her repress those tendencies and really that’s not healthy for her, myself or our relationship.



Our relationship…



What has that even become?



We used to just be so happy just to sit and lay together. Watch old movies together, sit and makeout on the couch just the two of us. What happened to us? How did we let life and our careers and friends and family get in the middle of us? I think that’s our main problem really, we got too comfortable with each other and began to take us for granted. And in that we succumbed to all the outside pressures and stresses of life. Really when you think about it, it’s pretty clear that’s the case.



I mean come on if we’re ever going to be able to get married and have a family that we both so desperately want with each other. Then we’ve got to make our relationship to the point of being nearly indestructible. And right now, our relationship is almost completely destroyed. It’s insane to the point where I’m nervous about going home and seeing her again. Will I feel the same way? Will she?



I know she loves me, I can always tell that she does even lately when all I see is her pain and self preservation tactics taking over. It drives me nuts how she can be so closed off and emotionless one second, and the next she’s fucking cutting herself again. I just wish she’d begin to let me in again like that summer back in 2001. I really love her, even more now than I did back then. Or maybe more than I was really willing to let myself realize.



That time in our friendship was so confusing and so emotional yet we were able to be come so close and so tight with each other that we couldn’t imagine anything coming between our friendship. And nothing did come between us…until I had to be the romantic sap and tell her I love her. Granted what had happened moments before kind of brought that out of me but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t plan on telling her that night. And now let’s hope we can eventually get back to that phase in our relationship. Where we just trust and confide in each other like we used to.



Then maybe we can become the couple we’re supposed to be, and shed all this negativity around us once and for all.



That I think is really what we should be, we should be happy



End Narration.
*******************************



*******************************
Alyssa Narrating:



Dear God…what have I done?



Looking at it now as I lay here in bed, our bed, the place where we made love the first time, hell the bed where I lost my virginity and where he told me he loved me the first time. If I close my eyes, I can remember every detail of that night in my head, feel everything I felt.



And at the same time I feel the most intense regret of my life.



Not because of what happened. But because of what I let us become. We were so much stronger than this back then. I let us almost destroy everything we have. And I feel so horrible for it. Those words he said to me tonight. They cut me more than anything piece of glass or a metal razor ever could. It just hurts so much and I can’t stop crying.



I know I should be crying, I’ve been holding everything in for so long that it needs to get out but I can’t handle this can I?



I don’t even know what really drove me to it.



Was it my internal pain? My anger at myself and everyone around me that led me to cut again. It all seems so fuzzy now. One minute I’m in the shower wallowing in my own pain then I step out and change and then I see myself in the mirror and everything comes to a head and I just never felt so angry or alone in my entire life. I hate myself I honestly do and I can’t understand how to get through that.



Losing Noah…



That was the worst thing that could have happened, but to lose Nick on top of that. God I can barely fathom the first let alone the second. Losing Nick too? I really won’t survive it and I hope to God he’s just mad at me and will come back and talk this out with me. I need him to understand to just hold me as I cry. And I couldn’t let him do that before. I just wanted to punish myself. And I know that’s wrong I shouldn’t punish myself like I did with Brandon, or when Collin died, or even when my dad died. And as much as I miss my father the only way I was able to get through his death was to let myself rely on Nick fully for everything.



I miss that so much. Being able to fully rely on him. To know that he’s right there with me I know this’ll get us through. I just need to work on this problem I have. I don’t know how to describe it or even what it is. All I know is that it’s terribly distructive to not only me but to Nick and our relationship. It’s been weighing on us for months before Noah even passed. And its because I’m scared…scared of our seriousness and our bond and everything between us. It scares me and I know that I began to push him away. I know I shouldn’t push him away. But I did it and I want to change. I guess I just don’t know how.



But I know one thing’s for sure. It’ll start with us talking again. I know that’s the one thing we both need right now. We’ll talk and everything can begin to get better.



End Narration.
*************************************



Nick got up from his spot on the sand dusting himself off and headed back to his truck with a firm plan in mind. He drove home going in through the garage and through to the living room seeing Layla pick up her head from her spot of sleeping on the couch. She saw him wagged her tail then went back to sleep. He chuckled and went up the stairs into his bedroom. That’s when he saw her, her sleeping form clutching his pillow as she slept. He looked over at the clock seeing it was already after 3AM. He rubbed his eyes slightly and took the arm chair in the corner and sat on it watching the slight light from the moon illuminate her body and face. He grinned slightly seeing one of his very old white and orange buccaneers jerseys. He watched as the pillow fell away from her body as she turned over reaching for him.



Alyssa stirred seeing Nick not in bed beside her as she had searched for him in her sleep. She sighed and pulled her knees to her chest and put her head in her hands. She felt eyes on her and looked up seeing him sitting in the chair across the room covered in a sheet of darkness. “Nick?” She asked softly almost afraid to go above a whisper for fear he was just and abberation.

“Yeah it’s me…” He said softly leaning forward so she could make out his face slightly in the minimal light in the room.



Alyssa swallowed hard and looked at him slowly just studying his expression his features and his entire body language that seemed to illustrate so perfectly the pain and betrayal he felt. “Where’d you go?” She asked keeping their conversation going yet still mild at the same time.



“Where else, I drove around for a while, then found myself up in Malibu at the beach.”



Alyssa snickered slightly figures she shouldn’t have even had to ask. The beach was the one place Nick went whenever he was upset about something and needed to clear his mind. She looked at Nick met his eyes she saw even for a brief instant, pain, anger, betrayal and love. She took in a shaky breath and looked out the window turning away. “So…why’d you come back?” She asked.



He looked at her and took a deep breath standing and moving to sit in front of her on the bed letting one leg dangle off the side. “Because I realized something.”



“What?”



“That I love you too damn much to let us tear each other apart.” He said solemnly avoiding her eyes as his fingers played with a piece of the comforter. Alyssa watched him slowly nodding a little. “And I know that you’ve been in so much pain. I got to see Noah before he died, and you didn’t get the chance to really even say hello much less than goodbye. I’m sorry I couldn’t understand why you started cutting again. I’m willing to work with you though. Because I need you Ali, I’m hurting too okay? I wasn’t there when he gave up. I was getting something for you and him and then I came to see you, to check how you were doing when Mary called me. By the time I got there, he was already gone. And I never felt so helpless in my entire life. I should have protected him, protected you and I failed.”



Alyssa felt tears stinging her eyes at his confession of his own pain. “Nick, it’s my fault okay…It’s my fault. If I would have…”



Nick stopped her by placing his hand on hers that were folded and wrapped around her legs. He pulled away hoping that if he pulled back first then she wouldn’t be scared and recoil from him either. “It’s not your fault, it’s not mine either. It happened and it hurts so much and I just need to know that I can rely on you and that you can rely on me too. I love you…” He said looking at her straight in the eyes.



Alyssa sat for a long moment thinking then finally moved. She leaned over wrapping her arms around him hugging him close as she began to cry into his shoulder. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…” She said in between sobs. Nick wrapped his arms around her and felt her body give in and go weak against him. He pulled her close and rubbed his hands up and down her back ‘shh’-ing her in his attempt to soothe her. A moment later Alyssa broke away and stood up. “I’m sorry, for this…” She said pointing to her bandaged arm. “But I’m most sorry for hurting you…for not realized how everything was pulling us farther and farther apart. I miss us…”



Nick shifted letting both his legs dangle off the bed and he took her hand and pulled her to stand between his knees he pushed her hair behind her ears the moved his hands to her hips. “I miss us too…” He said before bringing her head down in a lingering kiss. After they both pulled away he pulled her onto the bed laying them both down on their respective sides. He laid his hand at the bottom of her ribcage and pulled her close.



“So how do we fix us? How do we get back to what we used to be?” She asked curious as to any ideas he had to offer.



He sighed and kissed her again. “How about counseling?”



“Like a shrink?”



“I’ve been seeing a therapist for a while now, and I really think if we’re going to get better at all and really be ready to settle down fully. Then we need professional help, an objective third party that can help us work through our problems together.” He explained.



Alyssa took it all in and nodded in agreement before burying her face in his neck. She pulled back a second later. “Where’s the rest of you?” She asked innocently.



He laughed hard at her quick change of subject and her question. “What you knew I was working out.”



Alyssa’s eyes lit up a little, “Really? Shows you how self centered I’ve been.”



Nick sighed and kissed her long and hard then broke away. “Well then let’s talk about it. We’ve missed a lot with each other these past few months…” He offered.



“Yeah I’d like that a lot…” She replied with a slight grin. She sighed as they began to talk slowly talking about everything, every event of the past few months and before they knew it the sun was shining in the room signaling that day had finally come. Both of them yawned and soon fell asleep in each other’s arms as day slowly came in signaling a new chapter in their lives and hopefully a better future for their relationship.









(**) Inconsolable By BSB



If you had a chance to read, let me know what you think! Hope to hear from all of you!

End Notes:
Thanks again to Tri for pushing me to write a second chapter in one day LOL
Chapter 28: Angst Isn't a Four-Letter Word by Teri
Author's Notes:
Okay so for the AWESOME response I got on the last chapter I figured you guys could deal with another chapter tonight. I sat down to write and really couldn't stop. Soooo here you guys go!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Angst Isn’t A Four-Letter Word



“Why does it have to be a man!?” Alyssa retorted looking at Nick skeptically. She didn’t want to go to therapy, to tell some guy all their problems and more importantly all her problems and let him sit an analyze it then spew his testosterone laced jargon back at her in response.



“Oh so a therapist can only be a woman?” Nick challenged sternly. “Liss I’ve been going to this guy for months, he’s really brilliant.”



“That’s exactly what I’m afraid of.”



Nick raised his eyebrows at her, “Afraid of what? That he’s already got preconceived notions about you? That all we’re going to do is just gang up on you?”



“Yeah…” Alyssa said looking out the window hating how he saw right through her. It truly irked her sometimes that he could read her so well. Knowing and pinpointing exactly what her fears were and pointing them out coolly and calmly.



Nick reached over from the steering wheel placing his hand on hers that was resting on the center console. Alyssa looked at where he had connected them. She let him lace their fingers and he squeezed her hand a little. “Baby come on this is me here, I’m not a complete asshole.”



“I know…” She said with a slight smirk and looked away.



He sighed and rubbed his thumb along the back of her hand. “Do you really?”



Alyssa shot him a confused look. “What?”



“Never mind I think we’re better to discuss this in therapy then to actually talk about it when I should be paying attention to the road.” He explained keeping his eyes firmly on the road in front of him. Alyssa studied him slowly and before she knew it they were parking in front of the office building in which Dr. Pinsky’s office was held. They got out and made their way into the office holding hands as they made their way to the fourth floor and sat in the waiting room. “Now don’t be too alarmed…Dr. Pinsky’s pretty great, he really understands relationships and I really think he can help ours.”



Alyssa thought a moment and looked at Nick. “Wait…Dr. Pinsky? Dr. DREW Pinsky?” She said with one eyebrow arched.



“Yeah what of it?”



Alyssa busted out in a burst of giggles. “Figures you’d take me to fucking Dr. Drew from Loveline.”



Nick snicker-snorted at her comment. “He’s really brilliant though, hell how do you think I was able to finally realize how toxic my mother was, aside from the shit she did to Olivia and you? He made me see that and now I’m feeling good about not having her in my life. It’s let me really begin to focus on us again. And really that’s where our focus mainly should be, careers should come second to us.”



About ten minutes later Dr. Pinsky opened the door. He grinned at seeing Alyssa in Nick’s company. “Nick come on back. And this must be Alyssa. Nick’s talked a lot about you.”



Alyssa gulped and shook his hand then began to follow them back. “Well I hope he’s said nothing too bad about me…” She said with a slight chuckle. There was a knot in her stomach as she followed them. Her first instinct was to turn and run away and fast, in survival, but she knew if there was any hope of their relationship surviving she’d have to face their problems, and her own.



“Now come on you trust me more than that.” Nick replied as they walked into Dr. Pinsky’s office.



Alyssa looked around seeing all the bookshelves and degrees decorating his walls. They sat down on the couch sitting with their hips together. Nick had their hands laced still and Dr. Pinsky noticed the body language and grinned a little. “For a couple having problems you two don’t give the outward notion that you’re in trouble.”



Alyssa gave him an odd look in response and Nick grinned holding her hand just a little bit tighter. “What do you mean?” Alyssa asked in all sincerity.



He smiled at them and nodded to their body language, “Look at how you two are sitting. Normally when I get couples in here, they’re sitting at opposite ends of the couch and here you are, hip-to-hip, hands firmly clasped. It tells me right away that deep down you two really do understand your bond.” He explained.



She smiled a little and nodded looking over at Nick who grinned slightly at her in response.



“Anyways…Alyssa, Nick’s told me his side of your relationship. Now I want to hear yours. You two met when you were very young, what was your first thought when you met him.”



Alyssa chuckled, “Who the hell just knocked me over? Was my first thought and all since we literally backed into each other.”



“After spitting out sand I mean.” Dr. Pinsky moved with a grin. He could tell why Nick had been drawn to Alyssa, her humor and wit was apparent to be one of her best qualities.



Alyssa sighed, “Well, I thought oh that’s Leslie’s brother, he’s a lot taller and skinnier in person.” She said with a wayward glance at Nick.



He chuckled and twitched his mouth a little, “I was so scrawny back then. But then again I didn’t have braces or was knock-kneed.” He shot back with a grin.



“I was an awkward kid, I was twelve so sue me.”



“So anyways when did you first realize you had feelings other than friendship for him?”



Alyssa thought a moment. “I was 16, and it was when I saw him after a concert in my home town. He’d invited me to hang with him before he went off to California. He had a girlfriend at the time so I just passed it off as a stupid school girl crush.”



“But it didn’t go away?”



“No… It didn’t…The more time I spent with him the more I…” She trailed off looking down she looked back up and tilted her head slightly. “The more I started to feel more… And it was completely infuriating. Especially when we started living together. It was just so frustrating to be around him 24/7 and have to hold back everything I was feeling.”



“Hmm, do you think that’s why you have trouble letting him in now?”



“I don’t know…”



“Well think about it this way. You started having these feelings about your best friend, and it scared you. So instead of risking your friendship you closed off those emotions from having a creative and healthy outlet so it’s logical that you would close yourself off emotionally after trauma too.”



Alyssa was taken aback from his statement and the shock clearly registered on her face. “What is a creative and healthy outlet?”



He grinned a little, “Telling him how you really feel, showing it through gestures and contact.”



“So you mean sex…” She replied.



“Not necessarily, sex is a very important part to any lasting relationship, however it’s only one piece of the puzzle here. The major part is the emotional connection, being able to connect on a level that’s purely on the emotional plane. Nick what do you have to say about your emotional connection with Alyssa?”



Nick sighed and looked at her briefly. “I think it used to be amazing…once she finally let herself go, but come to think of it maybe you really never did.” He said shifting his voice to her.



“What do you mean I never let myself go?” Alyssa said pulling back from him a little in defense.



“I mean, that you’ve always guarded yourself. Even when we started in our relationship, you couldn’t say that you loved me until nearly eight months in. But I could see it in your eyes every time you wouldn’t say anything back to me.”



“So I wasn’t ready to say it.”



“But it hurt me a lot to say it and get nothing back. Just like it hurt me when you attempted suicide back when you were a teenager. And to see you cutting again after we lost Noah. It just really hurt that you had to resort to that instead of just coming to me.”



Alyssa looked down and took a deep breath choking back the tears she wanted to shed. “I didn’t want to burden you…” She said softly.



“A burden? Liss come on you could never be a burden to me. I want to be there for you. You just have to let me in.”



“How? How can I let you in and not get some sympathy or pity in return. I don’t want that. Petty sympathy isn’t going to bring Noah back, nor my father or Collin so what am I supposed to do?”



“Well you could talk to me, tell me what you’re feeling. I’m not one of those guys who can’t feel you know. I do have some emotions.”



Alyssa stifled the snicker that threatened to come out. “It just seems easier to mask it…”



“It always does Alyssa, but really that’s where the real damage to the relationship happens. By relying too heavily on sex or no physical contact at all. Which leads me to my next question. When was the last time you two had sex?”



Alyssa snickered a little, “What is sex again? Refresh my memory…” She retorted.



“Alyssa…” Nick warned. “It’s been honestly where we had sex that went to orgasm…Jesus since before March.”



“What about in the truck in May?” Alyssa countered.



“You stopped it. So that doesn’t count.”



Dr. Pinsky grinned a little, “So Nick sex without orgasm doesn’t count for you?”



“Well without the emotional connection and then the physical release part then what’s the fucking point of calling it sex?”



Dr. Pinsky took some notes and looked at the two of them, “Well maybe don’t focus on getting readily back into your sexual relationship with each other.”



“What?” They both asked in unison making him grin.



“What I mean is, really take some time and discuss with each other the experiences you’ve been through together as friends and lovers. And really focus on reconnecting emotionally and intellectually and the sex will happen naturally.” He said glancing at the clock. “I’d like to see the both of you once a week, and then each of you individually once a week as well. As for an assignment until next week I want you two to talk about your experiences, together and apart. And I want you two to be prepared to discuss it when you get back. That’s all we have for today, but I’m looking forward to getting you both alone and discussing things with each of you then collectively as well.” He said as they all stood. He led them out and told the secretaries when to make the next appointment.



That night…



“I don’t get why we have to start opening up now when you’re going to be gone tomorrow for a the rest of the week.”



Nick sighed and chopped the onions blinking his eyes every few seconds to get them to stop tearing up. “Alyssa come on, it’s only a few days, and then I’ll be back.”



“Yeah until you start promotion for the album, isn’t it coming out in October?”



“Yeah so? You’ll come with me right?”



Alyssa tossed some chicken into the frying pan letting it sizzle and sear the edges. “No…I start school tomorrow Nick. True most of my classes are online, but I have a 6-week seminar class that’s 5 hours once a week. I can’t just traipse around the world after you.”



Nick bit his lip in thought. “But it’s only six weeks right, which means by the end of September or beginning of October you’ll be done.”



“Nick I don’t know…”



He went over to her and cupped her face in his hands pressing his lips to hers. He slowly traced her lips with his tongue seeking entrance to her mouth. She relented opening her mouth allowing him to explore her mouth with his tongue he groaned into the kiss as he felt her tongue stud hit his tongue as they dueled passionately for a moment. Alyssa broke away finally breathing heavily from what she just experienced her entire body wired for his touch again. “Just think about it okay? It’s going to get really lonely without each other, and I don’t want us drifting more apart when we’re beginning to make so much progress.” He replied as they went back to cooking their dinner.



“I don’t know but I’ll think about it okay.”



Later that night Alyssa drove Nick to the airport feeling sad that he was leaving just as they were beginning to get close again. She walked Nick to security and hugged him close. “I’m sorry that I have school tomorrow…”



“And I have to go to work out of town, it’s not our fault. We’ll be fine it’s only three days and I’ll be home.”



Alyssa looked away trying to hold back her emotion. “I know but…”



“But what?” He said using his thumb and forefinger to tilt her face back to his.



“I don’t know if I can last that long without you here…” She admitted with a sad look.



Nick’s brow furrowed then he pulled her into a sultry kiss picking her up almost from the floor to where she had to stand on her tip-toes as their mouths said all the emotions they needed to in that moment and without any words necessary. Moments later Nick broke away and kissed her forehead. “I love you sugar. I’ll be home soon.”



“Be safe, I couldn’t bear it if something happened to you.”



“I will be. Love you.”


Alyssa grinned. “I love you too.” She replied in earnest as she watched him begin to walk away and head towards security. As she began to walk away she got an idea. She went over to one of the ticket counters that was empty and greeted the lady behind the counter. “I need a round trip ticket to Nashville.”



“For when?”



“To arrive tomorrow night and come back Wednesday night.” She said with a smile, she knew that little surprise was exactly what they needed, a little night away from everything LA held for them and their relationship, and maybe they could finally really begin the process of opening up to each other as Dr. Pinsky had instructed them.



The next morning…



Alyssa took a deep breath as she walked up the steps to the classroom. It’d been forever since she’d been a student in a classroom rather than teaching it herself. She liked that she couldn’t exactly go for a PhD in the school she worked for due to conflict of interest mainly because it gave her the liberation to explore other options that would only strengthen her as a professor and academic professional.



She felt her sidekick buzz as she sat down in the classroom feeling like the new kid on the block in 5th grade by the style of the room. Whiteboards at one end, chair desks scattered throughout the room, and a desk and projector to be used by the professor teaching the class. She flipped open the screen and saw a note from Nick:



Let me know how class went. You’ll do great. Love you. ~ Nick



She grinned and closed her phone putting it back in her pocket for class. She watched the professor and other students walk in. The professor look about 40 years older than any of the students she mused to herself. She figured that was typical for PhD programs considering the lower numbers of people actually going for and obtaining a PhD. She sighed and began taking notes as class began.



Meanwhile Nick belted out at the top of his lungs. After he finished he came out of the booth leaving all three other guys standing with surprised expressions. “What?”



“Fuck me, man where the fuck did that come from?” AJ remarked with a surprised grin.



Nick shrugged, “I don’t know, I just did what the music felt like that’s all.” He said sitting down and relaxing a little.



“Dude, still I don’t think we’ve ever heard you sing that passionately before. I mean you do normally have a pretty good vibe going when you sing I guess it’s just…” Brian tried to explain.



“More soulful, like you actually know what’s going on in the song like it happened to you.” Howie finished.



“Guys come on, it’s not like that.” Nick defended. He didn’t want to own up to how every song on the album, whether they wrote it or not reminded him of Alyssa, he couldn’t help it, love songs, fast or slow made him think of her and when he’d close his eyes to sing he’d picture her smiling face in his mind and maybe it made him a little more into the music than before but he couldn’t really help that could it? Or was it really all that bad?



AJ and Howie exchanged a glance, “How’s Ali doing?” AJ asked with a concerned look.



Nick sighed a little bit and looked at each of them he was happy, for the first time in a long time. Although Alyssa couldn’t accompany him back to Nashville for the last few days of recording there. He missed her constantly and wished she could be there with him, however she seemed pretty adamant about this 5 hour seminar class she was attending to begin work on her PhD. He knew that throwing herself into school was one of her many refuges in time of personal emotional crisis, he’d learned that much in their first therapy session the day prior. “She’s doing better. We started going to therapy. And I think it’s really going to help. Though this distance isn’t helping much. I just…ugh it sucks just as we’re starting to open up again, we’re separated.” He explained to all of them.



That afternoon Alyssa boarded her plane with a grin on her face. She knew this was going to surprise him, maybe even shock him. She had to admit she shocked herself with her decision on a whim to surprise him in Nashville. She took her seat and settled back in the chair as she heard the sky captain begin his announcement that they would be taking off momentarily. She grinned to herself looking out the window, they definitely needed this and she was happy that she was stable enough to do this for him, and for them.










If you read take the time to tell me what you think. All your reviews so far have been mucho inspirational so keep it up! hehe.

End Notes:
Obi Wan Katrina (ROFL!) Thank you for all your support and giddiness!
Chapter 29: Being Intimate Doesn't Necessarily Mean Being Intimate by Teri
Author's Notes:
I know weird chapter title but it fits lol. Sorry I've been absent from updating the past few days, got some food poisoning and bam was sicker than hell! I'm okay now phew but am still sorta out of it. Hope ya'll like it!
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Intimacy Doesn’t Necessarily Mean Being Intimate



Nick trudged into his hotel room that evening having brushed off the guys for the night, he didn’t want to go out to dinner, he just wanted rest and a long phone conversation with Alyssa before retiring to bed. He stripped down to his boxers and a tee shirt grabbing his sidekick he called her phone hearing it ring once…twice…



“Hey what’s up?” Alyssa said slightly cheerfully knowing that it was Nick on the other end. She had just exited the elevator going to Nick’s floor. She’d gotten a spare key by flashing her ring saying that she was James Howlett’s fiancée. He was such a comic book nerd. She giggled when she had to say it, knowing that Nick used superhero surnames in hotels occasionally, other times he used movie characters or cartoons as a way to keep the fans from finding his exact hotel room. If it weren’t for him she would have never known that James Howlett was really the original real name behind Wolverine from X-Men. She laughed to herself as she stopped right outside his door.



“Not much, just got into the hotel, how was class today?” He asked.



Alyssa chuckled and opened the hotel door sneaking into the room. She surveyed the living area and saw Nick nowhere to be found. She grinned and figured he’d be tired and in the bedroom of the suite. “Well it was strange not being the one giving instructions that’s for sure, and it’s going to be a lot of work what with me beginning online teaching again. I’d made a deal with Jennifer that I’d only do online teaching until 2009 just because I thought I was you know going to have something else really important occupying my time. But that didn’t happen.” She replied darkly.



Nick sighed and lay back a little more. “I’m sorry baby, for all this bull we’ve been through. It just isn’t fair.”



Alyssa took a shaky breath and sat on the arm of the couch facing the bedroom, “So tell me about your suite?” She said looking around the room.



He sighed a little and said, “It’s a room, a suite, living room bedroom you know the usual.” He said with a shrug.



“I think you should go out in the living room.”



“Why?” He asked hoping she’d left him something.



“I left you a surprise, you must have been so tired you missed it.” She suggested making him chuckle.



She heard him move and groan as he got up off the bed. She heard the door open and crossed her legs sitting on the arm of the couch. He opened the door and looked around the room his eyes falling on her sitting on the couch end. She grinned seeing him standing in an Ed Hardy tee-shirt and black boxer briefs. They both shut their phones off and he grinned. “I don’t think I could have missed this…” He remarked going over to her.



Alyssa chuckled and hugged him, “I figured I’d come out for a day and surprise you.”



He held her to him happy that she was there. “I’m glad you came, but I’m only here for a few days.”



“I know but I came to talk to you. I didn’t want to do this talk over the phone. It’s just so impersonal.” She explained making him grin and lead her back into the bedroom.



“Get changed into some pajamas and come lay with me, we’ll talk then.” Alyssa grabbed her bag and brought it into the room and set it down. She kicked off her shoes and unzipped her suitcase taking out a pair of shorts and an old tee-shirt. She heard him rustling around the room and stripped down taking off her shirt first and then her jeans.



Nick stopped and stared momentarily seeing that she’d gotten her body back to when she was playing soccer. He glanced at her underwear and bra both simple black, silk boy-shorts and black matching bra. He felt himself getting aroused just at the mere sight of her. He looked away as she pulled on the shorts and then pulled off her bra and put the old tee-shirt on. She turned around seeing him turn down the sheets. Alyssa came over and sat down getting comfortable. He sat down as well sitting across from her. “So...” Alyssa began.



“So…” Nick mirrored making them both chuckle at each other. “Where do we begin?”



“I don’t know so much has happened in our relationship you know? Our friendship, Collin, my dad…”



Nick thought a moment then spoke up, “How did Collin ask you out?” He asked he’d always wanted to know why she’d said yes in the first place.



Alyssa took a deep breath pausing to gather her thoughts. “We were studying at school for a group project, Kellie and I were and he was in our group. Kellie had to go call her grandmother to say she was going to be late and he asked me out.”



“That’s it? You just said yes?”



“Well yeah, I mean he was this really sweet guy and well it’s not like you were even really that present in my life like you started to be after we started dating and after he died.”



Nick’s face grew dark for a second, “Did you really love him?”



“I think so, I mean it’s a lot like what you and I have but it was more innocent I guess…” She started trying to find the right words to explain the situation. “He was a great guy, and just everything I really needed in my life back then. He was just well he was like you are. He respected me and yeah we argued sometimes but it wasn’t that bad, it was actually a really good relationship. Which was why it devastated me so much when he died.”



“Why were you going to sleep with him?”



“What’s with the 20 questions?”



“I just want to know, when I’m done then you can ask me anything you want and I’ll tell you the truth.” Nick explained pausing for a moment. “So answer my question.”



Alyssa shrugged, “I thought it was the net logical step. I cared a lot about him, trusted him even, and it sucked that I was going to be the last one out of my friends to lose it. And I was really depressed with my dad getting sick and he was really the only person I could talk to about it back then. I was afraid to even talk to you about it. I just didn’t want to worry you or even bother you since your life was so hectic back then.” She admitted. “And it was this huge rejection that he died that night. I just…it was so hard for me to even wrap my head around that he was really gone…”



“So is that why you have trouble letting me in? You’re afraid that I’ll get taken away too?”



Alyssa nodded. “I just don’t know. It’s so hard to just get it all out. And I hate that it is. I’m trying it’s just so hard. Can I ask some questions now?”



“Of course…”



Alyssa looked down at her hands, “Why did you wait so long?”



“Wait so long for what? To tell you?”



“Yeah.”



“I thought my actions spoke louder than anything I could have said. I know my indiscretions on my solo tour and all that made my other actions confusing but I was sort of like Olivia back then in a way. Like how she was so determined not to realize who she really was, I was determined that I couldn’t really love you. But I guess I was wrong.” He said with a lopsided grin. “Believe me I didn’t want this to happen between us. I wanted us to be friends. I think that’s why I struggled for so long with the mere idea of us. But…”



“What changed?”



“Us living together, working together, it made me realize that I wanted you around as more than just a friend and person who worked for me. I wanted you…period.”



“So then why…?



“The other women after that realization? Because it was still the same thing. Once I realized that it scared me that I was willing to screw up our friendship over just wanting to be with you. And I didn’t want to do that. I couldn’t do that to you, to our friendship. You and I were having such a great friendship going that I was almost afraid to ruin that. And we almost did ruin it.”



“Well maybe then it’s a good thing we’re in therapy, we can focus on maintaining that balance between friendship and relationship.”



“Yeah I think so too.” He said with a confident grin.



The next morning…



“Are you sure you can go sight seeing?”



“Yes, now let’s go. We’re not recording until this afternoon.” He said as he pulled her out of the hotel taking her hand as they walked down the streets of Nashville.



Alyssa giggled, “No wonder you love this city…” She said as they passed the Bell South building.



Nick gave her an odd look, “Why?”



Alyssa pointed to a building, “It looks like batman’s head.” She said laughing a little.



Nick cocked his head to the side for a moment and then cracked up, “You’re right! I’d heard about the batman building I hadn’t had time to find out what it looked like or even where it was.” They continued to walk around until they ended up at Ernest Tubb’s Record shop. They walked in and Alyssa went over looking at all the old vinyl records, the CDs and everything they had to offer there. She gasped a little and Nick headed over to her. “What?”



She held up what she found, a vintage Elvis vinyl from his days as a huge Nashville star. “This is from when he used to run around with Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis.”



“Seriously?”



“Oh yeah, you’ve seen Walk the Line haven’t you? They all knew each other from touring in the early days, like the 1950s before Elvis and Jerry hit it big, and then Johnny became huge. But the first one was June. She hit it big before any of them because of her family.”



“Yeah the non-crazy Carter clan.”



Alyssa giggled a little, “Oh come on you’re family isn’t all THAT bad.” Nick shot her a look and she gave him a sympathetic one in return. They made their purchases and left still sightseeing here and there. By that afternoon Nick and Alyssa came back to the hotel. They walked in laughing together holding hands as they made their way over to the elevators.



“Nick?” Brian said behind them.



Both of them turned and looked at Brian in surprise. “Hey man what’s up?”



Brian looked between them, “I didn’t think Alyssa was here.”



“No neither did he. I surprised him last night.”



Brian’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Really?” Those were the first words he’d heard out of her mouth since the events of just over a month before. And he couldn’t deny the feeling of calm that swept over him as he saw them standing therewith their hands connected and somewhat happier expressions on their faces. Anyone could still tell that they were going through a lot of pain and grief from their loss. But just the sight of them being at least a little happier in the company of each other made him a little more confident that they’d eventually be okay.



She nodded, “Yeah. It was sort of spur of the moment, I’m leaving tonight after he gets back from recording.”



“Yeah I was just coming to tell you that we don’t have the studio until the morning.”



“What?”



“Yeah some stupid scheduling glitch. But I’m sure that’ll give you two more time to be together before you leave Ali.”



Nick and Alyssa grinned at each other and gave Brian a hug. “Well I hope to see you back in LA sometime soon.”



“Me too, Leighanne and Baylee miss you!” He said with a grin.



“I miss them too.” Alyssa said as they departed going into the elevator. Nick and Alyssa laughed a little when they got into the elevator. “Busted…probably thinks I came here for a booty call or something.” She said with a sarcastic chuckle.



“Hey I’d think the same thing based on our track record.” He said as they stepped off the elevator and headed to his hotel room. They walked in setting their small bags of souvenirs down. Alyssa kicked off her shoes and flopped down on the bed.



“I am so tired…” She said with a light laugh.



Nick relaxed onto the bed as well. “Me too. It’s crazy we walked all over the place today.”



“I know right? I think I need a shower… All that walking in the humidity.”



“Want any company?’ He asked without even thinking.



Alyssa giggled a little and shot him a skeptical look, “You’re kidding right?”



“Uhh no? What it’s not like I’ve never seen you naked before.”



She rolled her eyes and turned to him. “You’d want to take a shower with me knowing you’re not going to get laid?”



Nick snickered, “Not everything is about sex Ali. Sometimes just being that comfortable with each other is what I need sometimes.”



Alyssa smirked and got up going into the bathroom. Just as she walked in she popped her head out of the door. “You coming or what?”



His eyes widened and he jumped up shedding his shirt as he walked into the bathroom seeing Alyssa already slipping off her pants then standing there in just her bra and panties turning on the faucets of the large shower. Alyssa turned seeing him shirtless for the first time in months she looked away quickly and passed him, “Where are you going?”



“I’m just gonna set out some clothes for later just get in I’ll be there in a moment.” She replied passing him. She took a deep breath and went to their luggage laying out pajamas for them both. She walked back into the bathroom a moment later and shed the rest of her clothing seeing he’d already gotten into the shower. She went to the door, and opened it seeing him beginning to turn, “Don’t turn around.” She semi-commanded making him stop until she stepped in fully. He moved to the side letting her get under the spray as she wet her hair down. They stood their silent for a moment or two avoiding eye contact. “Are you sure you’re comfortable with me in here?” She asked observing how he’d look at her body for a moment then look away.



Nick looked up at her face finally meeting her eyes. “Sorry, just had a total guy moment there.”



“It’s okay, you are a guy right?” She shot back with a grin as they switched positions again.



Nick looked away then back to her, “You’re driving me crazy.”



“How so?” She asked with a knowing smirk.



Nick gave her a skeptical look, “Umm hello…?” He said with a glance downward.



Alyssa rolled her eyes and moved in closer. “So? You’re the one that asked to take a shower with me.”



Nick sighed, “I know, it’s just I don’t the lack of physical contact gets to me sometimes. Especially when I got so completely used to us being so…”



“So animalistic?” She offered.



Nick rolled his eyes and leaned his head back for a moment rinsing his hair. Alyssa moved in a little closer just as he leaned his head down again making their mouths just a half inch apart. Both their breathing quickened as they both stared neither moving away from their close proximity. Alyssa leaned up just a little placing her hand on his chest as their lips met hesitantly. They both looked at each other then went for it again closing their eyes as they kissed passionately. Nick moved his hand to the back of her head weaving his fingers into her wet hair as she did the same. He backed her up a little turning her to the tiled wall backing her up against it deepening the kiss letting their tongues duel with each other. Alyssa sighed into the kiss wrapping both arms around his neck pressing their bodies together fully. Nick broke the kiss moving his mouth to her neck as he moaned out lightly just feeling her skin against his again. Their body heat and wet skin from the shower was just enough to push him over the edge with a loud growl just as Alyssa kissed along his neck. She felt him release himself against her abdomen felt his body go limp after the force of his release had hit him.



Alyssa snickered a little, “God what a few months of no sex and you’re like a fucking 13-year-old.” She remarked pushing away from him to go over and wash herself off while he braced himself against the tiled wall. Nick turned and watched her finish washing herself then left him alone in the shower. Minutes later he turned off the faucets and went into the bedroom changing and drying off.



“Sorry about that…” He said biting his lower lip as he settled himself to sit on the bed.



Alyssa chuckled at him as she set the phone down from ordering room service for the night. “Don’t worry about it. It caught me off guard.”



“Yeah…” He said looking away.



Alyssa laid her head on his bare chest looked up at him. “Hey, relax it’s not the first time you’ve had an orgasm with me you know.”



“I know…just yeah definitely wasn’t planning on that…”



“It’s okay, it was actually kinda hot, you know. I can get you off with barely even touching you. It’s kind of an ego boost.” She said with a grin.



Nick’s face flushed in embarrassment, “You’re not just saying that right?”



“Of course not. You know me, I’m not normally one who’d lie.” She replied with a reassuring glance. “Besides it’s nice to know I’ve still got it.”



Nick cracked a smile chuckling a little. “Yeah you certainly do.”






If you read let me know what you think! =)

End Notes:
Tri thank you once again for all your help this chapter and seriously you need to watch that movie!!
Chapter 30: There's No Such Thing As Progress Without A Little Regression by Teri
Author's Notes:
so my chapters are coming out a little slower right now, it's the end of the semester so please bear with me as I go through finals and graduation in the next couple weeks. Anyways I hope you all like, as you can tell from the title it's not an easy recovery at all.
Chapter Thirty: There’s No Such Thing As Progress Without A Little Regression



Alyssa stirred violently in her sleep jolting herself to a sitting position, her breathing labored and her mind running a mile a minute. Nick sat up next to her. “Are you all right?” He asked in concern he’d been woken up by her movement from his side and it worried him to see her body language: her shaking form, the cold sweat and pounding heart.



Alyssa shrugged him off and lay back down. “I’m fine just go back to sleep.” She said coldly.



Nick sat there frozen for a moment before laying down again wrapping his arm around her waist. “Are you sure?” He whispered.



Alyssa opened her eyes and sighed in frustration. She turned to him and gave him a long glance. “I’m fine really now can we please go to sleep?” She replied. Nick relented and they fell asleep slowly again. Later that morning Alyssa was in the bathroom standing in front of the new mirror they’d replaced just a day before, braiding her hair in a loose French braid before she would go to her private therapy session.



Nick walked in grinning seeing her hair up again. He was glad that she was able to stand in front of the mirror again without shattering it with her fist. He’d hoped that in time she’d be able to open up as to why she’d done it but he knew Alyssa and he knew it was definitely going to take some time. He walked over and placed a kiss on her neck only to have her pull away with an awkward look. “Hey…what’s going on?”



“Nothing, I’m just really tired.” She tried to explain to pass of her emotions as of late. She didn’t want to bother him with her petty recurring nightmare, and what’s worse she didn’t want him to think she was being clingy or obsessive over the fact that he still hung out with Emma even after his admission that he was attracted to her all those months before.



Nick stopped her as she went to move out of the room. He made her look at him in silence for a moment then moved in placing a romantic kiss on her lips. His tongue traced her lower lip seeking entrance to her mouth. Momentarily she lost herself in the kiss placing her hands firmly on his forearms that led to his hands firmly planted on her waist. They deepened the kiss momentarily pulling back slowly after a few more moments. Alyssa kept her eyes closed and Nick pressed his forehead to hers. “I love you…don’t you ever forget that okay?” He said softly and quietly just over a whisper.



Alyssa opened her eyes and pulled back a little and gave a weak half smile and nodded. “I love you too.” She said giving him one more lingering kiss before walking out to go to the doctor’s office.



A little while later…



“So Alyssa tell me about this nightmare you keep having.” Dr. Pinsky asked as he looked at her over the rim of his black wire framed glasses.



Alyssa straightened herself looking down and her hands folded primly in her lap. “It’s really simple I find out that Nick’s been cheating on me all along and that he doesn’t really love me.”



She watched as he made some notes and gave her a thoughtful expression. “Is this because you have a fear that he’ll end up leaving you, or cheat on you to get revenge for what happened last year with Brandon?”



Alyssa’s eyes widened for a moment and she shrugged. “I guess I mean normally he’s not the most faithful of boyfriends to all his other girlfriends. So I guess I’m just waiting for him to get bored with me and find what he’s looking for elsewhere.”



“Hmm so do you think Emma is a threat?”



“How do you know about Emma?”



“Nick spoke about her a few times, a business associate and a friend of one of his sisters right?” He explained leaving out the parts where Nick had been struggling with the attraction and dream about Emma.



Alyssa looked down at her hands noticing how the red scabs on her arms were beginning to heal more and more. She regretted it more and more that she’d cut again. But in a way maybe it was good that she had. The event and the scene that Nick had walked in on made them realize a lot of things in the relationship neither had wanted to neither see nor admit. “I just…I trust Nick…he promised me he wouldn’t cheat…but then why am I having so much doubt?”



“It’s completely normal to have cold feet when you’re engaged, sometimes we think becoming paranoid a little bit can be dangerous. But really you’re just concerned. You know you want to spend the rest of your life with him, and that you want to marry him. I think what you’re most afraid of is finally letting go to be fully happy.”



“Yeah I guess so, I guess I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop.”



“Because inevitably it will right?”



“Yeah...”



Dr. Pinsky grinned at her. “Don’t worry so much, bad things will always happen, and we can’t predict them all we can do is meet them head on when they do happen. So my assignment for you is tomorrow after your session with Nick, I want you to not be scared about telling him about your doubts and fears. Chances are he has similar ones as well that he’s too afraid to come out with.”



“Okay I think I can do that.”



“Good…so tell me about your relationship with Nick. What first attracted you to him?”



“His eyes actually. I’ve always had sort of a weakness for blue eyes. Then of course once I got to know him his personality and goofy attitude was extremely attractive.” She explained.



He grinned at her admission. “So when did you become physically attracted to him?”



“When he was 19, before then I’d always seen him as this sort of gawky older boy who I liked to talk to occasionally who made me laugh. But I guess in 1999 everything changed. I saw him on television a lot more because the band was huge that year and I kept track of him. I was so proud to say, hey I know that guy, but I didn’t go broadcasting it around school because no one really believed me when I’d tell them. So I kept it quiet so I wouldn’t seem like I was trying to be popular because of who I knew.”



He nodded and took some more notes, “And in that time when you saw him again that fall did you ever express your growing feelings to him?”



Alyssa chuckled and shook her head. “Are you nuts? He had a girlfriend and I couldn’t just tell him that, it would have ruined our friendship we were both such completely different people than we were back then.”



“So do you think that you’ve ruined your friendship now by falling in love?”



“I don’t know…”



Dr. Pinsky glanced at his watch, “Well I want you to think about that and we’ll discuss it tomorrow in your session with Nick. It’s something I really want you two to talk about. But unfortunately we’re out of time for today.” He said as they both stood. Alyssa shook his hand thanking him before heading out of the office. She headed to her truck in a haze, her mind deep in thought. Had they ruined their friendship by having more?



Alyssa cleaned up around the house before going to school happy to be home from Nashville and that Nick was home as well. They’d had a good few days since they started therapy and she had become to really rely on him being there for her. She saw Nick come into the kitchen as she made her lunch and she grinned slightly. As much as it hurt still that they’d lost their child it still helped to have those happy moments here and there when it was just the two of them, to distract them both from their grief. She heard the doorbell ring and glanced at Nick.



“Oh that must be Em…”



Alyssa’s eyebrow arched, “Em?” She asked slightly more incredulously than she had intended.



Nick gave her a look, “Yes, Emma…you know Beej’s best friend? We’re still working on the restaurant idea together.” He said going to get the door.



Alyssa nodded and packed up her lunch. “Ohhh.” Alyssa replied and followed him out to the foyer. She stopped when she saw Nick embrace Emma briefly greeting her. “Hi Emma.” Alyssa said with little politeness to her tone. She didn’t mean to be rude but just the thought of Emma being around threatened her. Especially when so much was still uncertain in their relationship.



Emma grinned a little seeing Alyssa there. She couldn’t deny the slight disappointment at seeing her. She knew and respected Nick and Alyssa’s relationship, but still she couldn’t deny the feelings she’d been having towards Nick that had grown over the past few months. “Hey Alyssa. How’ve you been?”



“A little better here and there it’s still a struggle.” She admitted slightly trying to make polite conversation for Nick. Alyssa felt uneasy in her stomach whenever Emma was in the room, simply because she knew Nick had at least at one time had been physically attracted to her. And that fact alone scared the hell out of her. That he’d been so attracted to another woman that he might have done something to satisfy that attraction. It scared her truly to her core that it could come down to that. Would she be okay with it? She’d have to be wouldn’t she? Since she’d slept with Brandon over a year before wouldn’t she have to be understanding since he’d forgiven her? Alyssa sighed and stuffed her lunch into her book bag giving Nick a short but sweet kiss. “I’ll see you guys later. I have this five hour seminar to get to.”



“Have a good day at class.”



“I will, and of course I have proposals and a discussion board to grade when I get back.” She replied with a slight grin. She liked having the distractions from her pain, it helped her move past them in a way that she didn’t have to constantly think about them every second. That maybe over time and through therapy it’d get easier and easier to deal with by letting life distract her at times from the painful events of the past. She walked out with her bag with one final goodbye to Nick and Emma. She got into her blue Range Rover pausing slightly to look back at the house. She shook her head and the anxiety that lay within the pit of her stomach. She took a deep breath and pulled out of the driveway trying to boost her own confidence in her relationship, she knew nothing would happen right? She knew she could trust Nick implicitly, after all he wouldn’t fight so hard for their relationship to survive to ruin it by cheating would he?



Meanwhile Nick watched Alyssa as she drove out of the driveway and down the street. He sighed and walked Emma out to her car. "So let’s go to the restaurant I think you’ll love how the renovations are coming.”



Emma nodded and followed Nick to the restaurant seeing the outside hadn’t changed much at all. When they got outside she stopped and studied it. “You sure I’m going to like the new place?” She asked with a slight sarcastic grin.



Nick rolled his eyes and began walking up to the restaurant. “Come on. Didn’t anyone ever teach you not to judge a book by its cover?” He said with a lopsided smile. He didn’t wait for a response and began pulling her arm towards the doors. “Come on!”



Emma chuckled at his childlike enthusiasm and his smile made a surge of butterflies flutter in her stomach. She shook her head and followed him she couldn’t keep bottling up her emotions forever could she? But then again, with Alyssa around she didn’t want to jeopardize their working relationship either. They walked up the small ramp leading to the double French doors he’d had installed. He worked very closely with a local architecture firm designing the place to be cozy like a dining room at home but at the same time be able to fit the growing demands of a city like Los Angeles. She looked at the outside the old brick building still looked the same but with a fresh coat of paint it may look completely different within just a few coats.



Nick opened the door for her letting her walk past him. Emma always enjoyed that the most whenever she and Nick would hang out. No matter what he was always respectful and courteous to the fact a woman was in his presence. She figured it came with the territory of having as many sisters as he had as well as living with Alyssa for so many years. She sighed at the thought of Alyssa. Nick had come to confide in her when he and Alyssa first found out that their child had passed away. She couldn’t imagine the grief both of them felt let alone the despair at not being able to help one another get over that grief. Her thoughts stopped when she saw the set up of the room. The hostess podium the tables and chairs and high vaulted ceilings. A balcony where there sat a VIP section of tables and two corridors, one leading to private party rooms and the other leading to what Emma could only imagine being the kitchen. She looked around the room seeing the various architectural styles used, from modern to art deco all used in unison with blending colors of amber, lavender, crimson and blue to create a calming yet energizing atmosphere.



“Wow…” She whispered seeing the low lighting on the walls then the lights on the table giving the entire restaurant an intimate feel. She looked at each of the tables with tablecloths that matched the colors of the room some round for groups and others square or rectangular depending on the size of the party. She saw the chairs and how they were overstuffed high backed armless chairs that many people would have in their dining rooms at home. Each were covered in a deep blue fabric that felt like suede to the touch. “This is amazing Nick.” She remarked letting her gaze fall back to him.



Nick grinned and took her wrist taking her up the stairs to the VIP area that held about fifteen tables all decked out in deep shades of red and amber. “I figured if this takes off the VIP area would need to look even more awesome than below. Everyone would want to get up here that way.” He said with a wide grin. “Also you can see the whole restaurant from here, except for the kitchen, restrooms and the party rooms.” He added as well. They leaned on the railing and looked over to the lounge area. “I figured that while people wait for a table the lounge area could also work too. Like for people just getting cocktails or at a business meeting that doesn’t require actually having dinner. I think it would be a great idea to have it all set up like this.”



Emma looked over to the bar grinning at it seeing how everything was all lined up and ready to go. “So when are you thinking of opening this?”



“I was thinking in three or four weeks. Give you and Beej enough time to hire on a wait staff and some extra help in the kitchen too. Then have a huge opening, I could have Juliette do some major PR and get some well known faces to come to the opening aside from myself and the fellas.” He explained feeling very confident in his decision to help Emma with her plan. He’d also presented it a few weeks before to the other guys and they’d at first were skeptical of the idea since restaurants were an extremely high risk enterprise. However he let them all sit and think it over and let them give their final decision on the night of the opening when they could see how well the restaurant could do.



“What other celebrities are we talking about here?” She asked.



“The Hollywood A-list if we can swing it. However I don’t want just the party crowd coming here, although they bring in a lot of business sometimes it’s just better to leave them out. But don’t be surprised if a lot of the partiers of LA’s social night life decide to come here. It just means that this place is really popular, that’s the only reason why they’d come anyways.”



“Sounds like you speak from experience.” Emma retorted back with a laugh.



Nick sighed, remembering back to that stage of his life where everything involved where the next party was going to be, what the hottest club was, and who was going to be on his arm for the evening. Even back when he dated Paris he was still very much in that “in-crowd” phase but his experiences with the LA in-crowd made him see that, that life wasn’t all that glamorous as he originally thought.



Emma watched the range of emotions cross his brow as he thought for a moment. She hoped she hadn’t offended him in any way and wanted to smooth things over. “Sorry…if I…”



“Don’t mention it, it’s not a big deal.” He said waving her off slightly. It saddened him to this day that people still equated him with that crowd and Paris. He’d grown so much more than she had in the past years since they’d dated, couldn’t people see that he’d become a different and better man? At that moment Alyssa’s face came to his mind and he smirked a little. She’d been the one to change him, the one to make him realize how much he needed to become a better man all around. But she’d done it in the subtlest of ways. She never demanded that he change nor even really suggested it overtly. Just her being there by his side offering advice and friendship at every turn even in their romantic relationship her own fears had made him become the man he knew she needed him to be.



“Nick where are you?” Emma asked seeing he’d once again gotten lost in thought.



He sighed and glanced over at Emma seeing her concerned expression and took a breath. He couldn’t believe just a few short months before that he’d been attracted to her so blindly that he’d almost ruined the best relationship he’d ever had. True Emma was a gorgeous girl, but she wasn’t what he wanted or needed in a woman like Alyssa was. “I’m fine…let me show you the kitchen I think you may just die from shock.” He said with a grin and began leading her down the stairs into the kitchen. He watched her walk into the enormous commercial size kitchen with large refrigerators, stoves, skillets and fryers, alone with a brick oven and other more modern ovens as well. The room was big enough to fit 30 people working in it and was all brightly light and clean looking with lots of whites and silvers and blacks from all the different cutlery, paint, appliances and such throughout the expanse of the room. He watched her walk around the room noticing that only a few things had been stocked in the fridges for testing and interviewing various sous chef applicants.



“Are you hungry?” Emma asked looking over at Nick.



He nodded and watched her bring out various fruits and vegetables along with some chicken and seasonings. He settled himself on one of the counters relaxing a little as he watched her cook. She uncorked some wine and pour two glasses then poured some into the large frying pan on the stove letting it sizzle and crackle against the heat. Nick watched her cook and sipped his wine wishing that it was Alyssa cooking in front of him instead of Emma. True he didn’t mind working with Emma but at the same time, lately he’d been just desiring Alyssa’s company solely not even wanting to be around his normal friends or even his band mates for the most part. And really all he could think about at the moment was what she was doing in class at that very second.



Meanwhile…



Alyssa sat in her class trying to stay focused on the teacher’s lecture. It wasn’t helpful that the two women seated in front of her were busy gabbing about their personal lives. She thought of Nick and grinned a little as she attempted to take notes on different teaching methods and their effectiveness in higher education. The professor seemed to rattle on and on about the Socratic method and she sighed, that was the method she hated the most. Where she’d have to cold call on students with questions based upon the material instead of fostering a discussion. She always found that it only gave way to short answers with the least amount of words to get the right answer. It irked her to no end that sometimes professors relied on that method more than engaging the students in a thoughtful debate and discussion of the topics at hand.



Alyssa’s thoughts were interrupted yet again by the blonde woman seated directly in front of her. “I can’t believe he did that to you Joan…” The blonde said.



The other, presumably Joan took a shaky breath, “He said they were just business associates and nothing more. I can’t believe he’d cheat on me with some dumb little airhead from accounting.” She whispered back.



“And to think you’ve been together for how long?”



“Three years next week. I should have known he would cheat on me, all men do don’t they?”



The other woman sighed and patted her friend’s hand, “I’m so sorry, men really suck sometimes.”



She tried not to hear it but the conversation struck a chord in her, and suddenly she remembered the fight with Nick from months before and shook her head. If he was that attracted to Emma before, what had changed? Had he slept with her already? Alyssa suddenly felt sick to her stomach and silently thanked God that the class was coming to a close. She closed her book and stuffed them quickly into her bags. She rushed out of the room and headed out into the fading late afternoon light. She breathed heavily as she rushed to her truck getting in and peeling out of the parking lot. The mere thought of Nick cheating on her made her feel like she needed to vomit. She headed to the grocery store to get something to quell her nausea. She stopped at the supermarket she normally did when on her way home from UCLA. She walked around breathing as deeply as she could picking up odds and ends she knew she needed for the week then went to the pharmacy grabbing some anti nausea medicine tossing it into her cart.



Alyssa barreled down another aisle rounding the corner quickly crashing into another cart. She looked up and saw an all too familiar face.



“Alyssa…” Brandon said with a surprised expression. “What is this the second time we’ve run into each other at the supermarket?” He said with a light laugh remembering their last encounter all the way back in January.



She grinned, “Hello Brandon how are you?” She asked not the least bit concerned with how he was feeling but was compelled to be at least polite to him.



“Good, you? I heard through the grape vine about the baby…sorry to hear that…” He said with a sympathetic look.



Alyssa shook her head, “Don’t be, it just wasn’t meant to happen now that’s all.” She reasoned hoping that her statement could fix the pain inside her heart that swelled at the mere announcement that someone else knew of her monumental failure. “I’ve been about as good as can be expected with what happened and all.” She lied hoping he’d leave it at that and leave her be.



“How are things with Nick? You two hitched yet?”



“No we’re planning on for sometime next year with the tour and everything happening it’ll be a little hectic but worth it.” She explained. “How’s everything with you?”



“Good, Court and I are getting married in November. It’s funny how things work out don’t they?” He said with a grin. “You didn’t answer my question though how are things between the two of you?”



Alyssa nodded, “Pretty good, we’ve hit some definite rough patches but I think we’ll be all right.”



“He hasn’t cheated on you right?” He said making Alyssa’s face pale. “I don’t mean to frighten you or anything, but Court she got some revenge on me for what happened between you and I last year. And frankly I deserved it. How I treated you and Nick and Courtney was appalling. So I’m surprised Nick hasn’t done any revenge on you. It seems completely logical.”



Alyssa swallowed hard and nodded, “No he hasn’t needed to, we’ve had different problems to deal with that have been much bigger and much less petty than cheating.” She replied glancing at her watch. “I better get going. I’m expecting Nick home in time for dinner.” She lied, she knew that he’d be gone for a few more hours discussing and going over the final things for the restaurant but some how as she bid farewell to Brandon she hoped in her mind that he’d some how get the message to come home early. She got home and checked the mail grabbing the stack and the small bags she’d purchased at the grocery store and lugging them all into the house. She put away all the perishables in the fridge and looked at the mail seeing a card from her friend Trina from her pregnancy yoga class. She felt a twinge of guilt in her stomach and some sadness that she hadn’t kept in touch with either of her friends from the class since she had to be pulled out of it and put on bed rest. She opened the card seeing the pink card noticing that it was an invitation to her baby shower and a little note attached inside.



Hey Ali hope you’re doing okay, call me sometime soon would love to see you again. Mel moved to North Carolina for a teaching position there. Pregnancy yoga just hasn’t been the same without you two! Hope to hear from you soon!



~Trina




Alyssa calmed herself and the pang of emotions that surged through her. She picked up the phone and dialed Trina’s number hearing it ring, once, twice…



“Hello?”



“Hey Trina…it’s Alyssa…” She said softly on the other end trying to hide the sadness that still came out of her voice.



“HEY!” Trina nearly shrieked into the phone. “It’s been so long since I’ve heard from you how’ve you been?”



Alyssa took a breath and thought, “I’ve been better…”



“What’s going on?”



“Well, you remember when I stopped coming to yoga class?” She began figuring explaining from there would be the best idea. When she’d been placed on bed rest she’d distanced herself from everyone practically even Nick so a friend or two she’d made in pregnancy yoga was easily pushed aside. Then when everything happened with Noah, she pushed everyone aside even more focusing solely on her own pain and torment. She knew now that it was a selfish thing to do but at the time she couldn’t think of anything else better. She had wanted to preserve everyone from her anguish and she thought she’d been doing them a favor but only she was really hurting herself.



“Yeah and?”



“Well I was put on bed rest, and ended up losing the baby.”



Trina gasped and sighed, “Oh honey I’m so sorry was it a miscarriage?”



“No I was about 6 months along and with so much stress in my life with Nick’s mom, and my sister getting put in the hospital.”



“Wait why was your sister in the hospital?” She asked even more concerned.



Alyssa chewed her lip for a moment then began to explain, “Well Nick’s mom had been driving me crazy, and so my sister Olivia came down to see me. She went out with her partner and they were attacked.”



“Attacked oh my…”



“Yes it was horrible and I ended up going into early labor because of the stress. I bled out on the table and Noah, my son, died a few hours later from heart and respiratory failure.” She explained feeing a few tears slip down her face.



“Oh my, Ali I’m so sorry honey no wonder you’ve been so absent. How are things with Nick?”



“Getting better, I hope. He’s with Emma right now working on his investment in her restaurant.” Alyssa replied.



“Emma the girl that you didn’t like right?”



“It’s not so much that I don’t like her it’s that I just don’t trust her around him. My fiancé is pretty attractive so I can’t imagine that she’s not attracted to him. And at the same time he had this attraction to her a few months back but he said he’d gotten over it. I just don’t know…”



“Do you think he could be cheating on you?”



“I don’t know…”



“Don’t worry I’m not trying to put ideas in your head. Just trying to figure out if that’s where you’re going with this.” Trina explained. “I had a scare with a woman my husband worked with. I didn’t trust her and she had a nasty habit of trying to be a home wrecker so she started putting the moves on my hubby I went to work and talked to her and said if she came near him that she’d get a broken nose.” She said with a slight chuckle. “But the question is….do you trust Nick?”



Alyssa took a deep breath, what a loaded question that was. “I do trust him. It’s just hard with his track record. So anyways have you talked to Mel? She moved to North Carolina right?”



“Yeah, she’s really happy there she found her idea position at a local school there and hell will even get her student loans forgiven.”



“I’m sure it was really hard being pregnant and moving 3,000 miles away!” Alyssa exclaimed. She’d really liked both girls a lot when she’d met them and felt extraordinarily guilty for not having kept up on their lives and let her own life, drama and pain get in the way. She rang off about ten minutes later with Trina with plans to meet up the following week for lunch. She saw Layla come trotting into the room and she grinned. “Hey pup…” She said scratching her fingers along Layla’s back who wiggled appreciatively in response. She played with her a little bit playing tug of war with a braided rope toy. Finally she let go and watched Layla parade triumphantly around the room that she’d won. “Silly dog I swear.” Alyssa muttered to herself as she filled Layla’s bowl with kibble and gave her some fresh water. “Eat up, just you and me tonight I think Layla baby.” She said shrugging Layla stopped and looked up at her almost questioningly. “I don’t know where Nick is, he’s off with Emma.” Alyssa said making a face then laughed when Layla growled a little at the mention. “Yeah I don’t trust her either…” Alyssa replied letting Layla eat. She shook her head at herself as she went over to the refrigerator. “A conversation with a dog? You really have lost it Alyssa.” She muttered under her breath to herself while she surveyed the contents of the fridge.



Back at the restaurant…



Nick chuckled as they sat in the restaurant just having finished their meal. “I’m really impressed Emma, you’ve come a long way with your cooking.” He said with a wide grin. “And your business sketch is perfect, I think Howie will be the first to jump at it. He’s always great with real estate.” He added looking around the room. He was astounded at how well everything had come together so quickly and so well. He could only hope that it would be the same sort of quick recovery when it came to his relationship with Alyssa, however he had a feeing that it wouldn’t be all that easy. Alyssa had always been a very stubborn woman even as a teenager she was always the most hard headed person he’d ever encountered even more so than Kevin. He sighed and looked at the empty wine bottle starting to feel the effects a little from the wine he’d imbibed. Emma got up and went to take the dishes away. “Sit!” He commanded standing. “You cooked so I’ll clean up, it’s how Alyssa and I have always worked it.”



Emma nodded and sat down watching him gather up the dishes and leave the room. She knew that she cared about him a lot. And maybe the wine was beginning to really give her the courage but his simple gestures and kindness got to her. She had to tell him, had to be honest with him. She could respect his relationship as much as possible but she couldn’t deny herself of her own feelings could she? After a few minutes she walked over looking out over the restaurant from the VIP area. Nick came walking back up not long after. “So how are things with you and Alyssa?” She asked concerned with his relationship.



He sighed and leaned on one arm on the railing. “We’re doing better…it’s gonna be a really long hard road to get back to the relationship we had. Or maybe to a better one…” He said with a deep breath.



Emma sighed and placed her hand on his forearm. “I’m really sorry that all that drama and shit has happened to you. You don’t deserve it. You’ve been such an amazing help and you’re really a great guy Nick.”



Nick shrugged, “It’s what happens when you fall in love, you take a risk and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.”



“You know you’re right and uh well…” She said standing up straight and tall feeling her confidence brighten. His words struck a chord in her and she couldn’t tell if it was the wine or just the way he’d said it but she had to tell him right then. “How do you tell someone something that you’re sure that will shock them?”



Nick stood up seeing her expression. “I don’t think I quite understand what you’re saying.” He said trying to completely understand what she was getting at. She couldn’t be trying to tell him what he thought she was right?



“I…well you know you get to a point where…Oh screw it…” She said and moved in pressing her lips to his.



He sucked in a breath and placed his hands on her shoulders as her lips met his in that instantaneous contact. He gently pushed her away from him. “Whoa…uuhh Em I uhh…what are you doing?” He asked completely shocked and bewildered by her forward move on him.



Emma bit her lip. “I can’t help it anymore Nick. I respect what you have with Alyssa and all but I just can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep hiding how I feel about you. I’ve tried and I…”



Nick held up his hand and backed away. “No…you can’t…I can’t…Emma no you can’t feel like that.”



“Well I do Nick. It’s so hard to hide it. And I love you. I’ve completely fallen for you.” Emma studied his face seeing the unchanging frozen shock expression on his face. “Now would be a good time to say something…” She added hoping to provoke some sort of response out of him. She knew that his answer alone was going to be enough to seal anything that may or may not happen between them.



Nick stood there and shook his head. “Emma…I’m sorry but I can’t. I love Alyssa…I could never do that to her.” He explained distancing himself from her. “I’m really sorry but I think I should go… I’m sorry but…I just…I can’t…” He said turning and leaving her alone with her thoughts. Nick rushed out to his truck the entire experience had sobered him completely as he shifted his truck into gear and headed for home. The mere thought of Emma’s words and actions had shocked him completely wondering why he hadn’t seen the signs before. She always laughed at his jokes, seemed to be permanently single and was always ready to hang out whenever he was. He shook his head as he sped towards home with the thought solely in his mind that he’d ultimately made the right choice by leaving to go to the only woman he knew he loved and wanted.






If you read please take some time to let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from all of you! Thanks so much for the awesome reviews thus far keep it up! They're highly motivating hehe!

End Notes:
To my betas, and my future roommate Tri, thank you so much for all your help!
Chapter 31: Shadow Of The Day by Teri
Author's Notes:

Woo another chapter, I finished my group paper in time to bust out another chapter yay! It's a short one, hope ya'll like.

Chapter Thirty-One: Shadow Of The Day



“I close both locks below the window. I close both blinds and turn away. Sometimes solutions aren't so simple. Sometimes good bye's the only way. And the sun will set for you. The sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day. Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you. In cards and flowers on your window. Your friends all plead for you to stay. Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple. Sometimes good bye's the only way. And the sun will set for you. The sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day. Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day. Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day. Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you.” (Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park)



Earlier in the evening while Nick was still having dinner with Emma, Alyssa sat at home relaxing on the couch, doing things for school and grading papers while she tried to pass the time until Nick came home again. She couldn’t help it, the thought of Emma being near Nick made her uncomfortable. But she knew in her heart that he wouldn’t do anything too stupid to ruin all that he’d been trying so hard to save now would he? Then again it wasn’t like he hadn’t given her a reason to worry. Months before he’d confessed his attraction to Emma and it scared her. Did he still harbor those same feelings towards another woman.



Also, what good was it to worry? To work herself up when he’d never cheated on her before. She supposed that somehow her recurring nightmare was to blame for all her paranoia and fear when it came to the subject of Emma. She trusted Nick, knew him well enough that he hardly ever acted on mere physical attraction. He had in the past and learned quickly that settling for sole physical attraction made for very short, usually messy relationships that always ended up in one or both parties getting hurt.



She walked idly through the house seeing the various pictures of the two of them, their family and friends from over the years. She stopped at the piano picking up a picture of her father and herself. How she missed him these past few weeks and months. Missed his voice, and his talks, his words of wisdom that always helped her through anything she might be going through. She stifled the sob that threatened to break through from her. “I miss you pop…” She whispered silently to the picture. With a sigh she set the metal framed picture back on the black baby grand Steinway. She turned and walked out of the room going into the living room, with Layla trotting behind her. She flopped herself down on the couch grabbing the remote hoping to find something to quell her boredom.



Alyssa flicked through channels seeing nothing really on the television. At that moment Layla came over laying her head on Alyssa’s lap as she had laid across the couch. “I know it’s too quiet in the house huh Layla?” She changed to the food network watching some show on how to make the best fried chicken. She sighed, she missed Nick now more than she had at all the entire time they’d gone without talking. She wished his meeting with Emma would be over soon so he could come home and they could just spend the rest of the night curled up on the couch together. Truly that’s what she missed most about the beginning of their relationship. All the time they’d spend just hanging out not really needing much to do or even to get out of comfortable attire to just be completely content being in each other’s company.



Just then the phone rang and Alyssa checked the caller id seeing that it was Kellie calling. “Hey Kel what’s up?” She asked with an air of boredom in her voice that was more obvious than she would have liked. She couldn’t help it, the whole idea of being left alone for much of the evening seemed like a great idea to begin with but at the same time, she didn’t realize how bored she’d be once she’d exhausted all her ideas for things to keep her busy while Nick worked on his business affairs.



Kellie grinned completely elated at hearing her friend’s voice again. “My, my look who finally decided to talk!” She retorted with a chuckle. “How are you sweets?” She asked in genuine interest. Everyone of their friends had been pretty good at letting Nick and Alyssa have their distance to work on their relationship woes, and their grief at losing Noah. Kellie couldn’t help it, she could stay away only for so long, she knew Lori was chomping at the bit for information as well on Alyssa’s progress and would give it to her the next time they hung out. It seemed as of late that all their conversations and lunches they’d shared seemed to revolve around on singular topic. And that was Alyssa. They missed their best friend, the glue that held Triple Trouble together for so many years. Even more so they only hoped that she and Nick could work things out, get married and eventually have that family that had been snatched away from them so cruelly that past July.



“I’m beginning to get better, it’s been hard you know. How are things with Alex?”



Kellie grinned looking over at AJ as he unpacked a few more of her boxes chuckling as he looked through pictures of her and Alyssa and Lori over the years. She’d been completely happy that he’d asked her to move in with him. They’d been dating nearly a year and she’d been more than willing to say yes to his request. “Well we’re busy unpacking and everything.”



“Unpacking what’d you do go on vacation?” Alyssa asked wondering why Kellie would be unpacking. She had forgotten that AJ and Kellie had been dating for so long and may have begun to get really serious in their relationship. She knew that Kellie was always cautious in a relationship waiting a long time to make any sort of move that showed a serious commitment, and her experience with Aaron the year previous had taught her to guard her heart.



Kellie giggled at Alyssa’s apparent ignorance to how serious her relationship with AJ had become, “I moved in with him, I’m living in Malibu now.”



Alyssa gasped a little in shock that her friend had moved in with her boyfriend, “Wow seriously? How long have you two been dating?”



“Almost a year.” Kellie replied rubbing AJ’s shoulder as he passed her in the kitchen. “Where’s Nick normally I hear him in the background bugging you to come back to bed or something.”



Alyssa chuckled a little then sighed in disappointment, “He’s having a business dinner meeting with Emma about her restaurant tonight.” Alyssa explained with a frustrated sigh.



Kellie rolled her eyes and AJ stopped and looked at her with a questioning glance. She grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen writing down Emma’s name and an unhappy face. AJ rolled his eyes and shrugged. Neither of them really liked the idea of Emma, a strange attractive woman coming into Nick’s life and fucking with his emotions. Even if she didn’t do it on a conscious level or even really intentionally, just the thought that one girl could possibly threaten loving relationship that Nick and Alyssa used to cherish so much. “Are you worried about it?”



“I don’t know Kel…I trust him and all…I’m just scared to lose him you know?” Alyssa admitted.



Kellie grinned a little to herself happy that Alyssa was beginning to express her emotions more openly and without fear or reservation. It was a clear indication that with time, that Alyssa would be back and better than ever to the girl that everyone knew her as. And maybe just maybe that the relationship that Kellie so revered, respected and looked up to would be soon restored and gain new life and renewed strength that hadn’t been seen in a long time.




Later that night…



Alyssa woke up in a cold sweat searching blindly for Nick in the darkness only to feel an overwhelming emptiness when she found an empty bed. The nightmare had ripped through her mind leaving her breathing heavily, her heart beating wildly in her chest and a light sheen of sweat on her skin. Layla jolted in the bed looking up over at her wondering if she was okay. Alyssa sighed and patted her head looking around the room. She looked to the clock seeing it was half past ten. She got up wondering where Nick was. She got up with Layla going down the stairs in the dark house seeing how everything seemed dark, eerie with almost no life to it at the late hour. She flicked the light on in the kitchen grabbing the tea pot to make herself some chamomile tea. She filled the pot and put it on the burner going over to the laundry room and doing some folding and adding another load from the washer into the dryer.



She looked to the door that led to the garage hearing Nick pull his Range Rover into the garage. He walked in a few moments later seeing her standing there in a pair of his boxers, and a camisole of hers. He came over and shed his clothes changing into pajamas he grabbed from the pile, red flannel pajama pants and a white wife beater. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her bare shoulder. She grinned and leaned back. “Didn’t think you’d be home tonight.” She said absently.



Nick pulled back a little and turned her in his embrace. He studied her expression seeing the flicker of fear cross her green eyes. “What do you mean?”



“You know, you’re hanging out with Emma and all…” Nick closed his eyes and backed away a little making Alyssa’s eyes widen at his apparent guilty body language. A million thoughts raged inside her head his entry into the house, the sudden shedding of his clothing, apparently he wanted to get rid of something. “You slept with her didn’t you…” She said bringing her hand to cover her mouth.



Nick shook his head. “No Alyssa you’ve got the wrong idea completely…” He began to explain.



Alyssa’s breathing grew heavier and she back out of the laundry room. “No…you’re hiding something I can tell…”



He tried to move closer to her, to stop her from moving away from him, every time he came close she moved away further frustrating him. “Will you just stop and let me explain??”



“What’s there to explain Nick…I cheated on you with Brandon it’s only fair you get to fuck Emma right?” She said with a cutting bitterness in her tone that cut right through his heart. She felt angry, hurtful hot tears sting the corners of her eyes. “God I promised myself that I would be mature about this if this happened. That I’d be able to handle it and move on like you did. But I can’t handle this right now…” She said looking down at her hands her entire body shaking in fear.



“I didn’t sleep with her…” He said solemnly.



Alyssa looked up through eyes blurred with tears. “What…? But you…?”



Nick shook his head and moved towards her taking her in his arms, “Baby it’s me do you think I’m that stupid to fight for our relationship so much only to fuck it up by sleeping with someone I don’t even really like all that much. Granted Emma’s attractive and a sweet girl…but she’s not you.”



Alyssa cried in relief against his chest for a few moments. She pushed back when the realization hit her that something did indeed happen. It may not have been on the same scale as the idea of Nick having an all out tryst with Emma. But she could tell it was along the same lines. “What happened then?”



Nick swallowed hard and leaned on the counter, “She kissed me…”



“She kissed…you…” Alyssa said folding her arms on her chest. “Did you stop her?”



“Yes, I pushed her away, I couldn’t do it…I love you…” He said as Alyssa moved to him in a flash pressing her lips to his. They stood there in the kitchen in between the pantry doors and the counter kissing passionately. She was elated that he’d pushed Emma away and came home to her. It gave her hope and completely dispelled her fears and made her feel more confident in the trust she’d put in him when she’d handed him her heart. They broke away a moment later and Nick looked around the room and noticed where they were, the exact location that back in January the singular event that would completely change and reshape their lives happened in the very spot they were standing in. “Ali look where we’re standing…” He said looking down at her.



She looked around the room for a moment letting the realization sink into her mind. “Oh my God…” She muttered with a twinge of sadness and shock in her voice. “This is where…”



“Yeah…where he was conceived back in January…God I’d give anything to go back to that version of us. We were so happy.”



Alyssa nodded and hugged him pressing her head against his upper chest. “So would I…I miss finding out that I was pregnant. I miss so much of that early happiness, and it all was ruined because he just…”



“It’s okay, he wasn’t ready for this world. Just means that next time it’ll be different.”



“I don’t even know if I want a next time. I don’t think I could survive if this happened again. Especially if we lost another product of us…like we lost Noah…”



“I know, but we have plenty of time to grow and try again someday when we’re ready to. Because I think that since we lost Noah…it would be pointless for us to never try again, and be the great parents we know we could have been for Noah. We owe him that at least...” Nick explained with a sigh.



“Yeah I guess you’re right. It’s just going to take a lot of time…”



“Anything that’s ever worth it, always takes a long time…But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.” He replied wrapping his arm around her. “Come on let’s go get some sleep.” He said as they began to walk out of the kitchen. Just as she was about to turn off the light Alyssa took one more look around the room and sighed then flicked the switch and joined Nick on his walk up the stairs to their bedroom, hoping that for once her doubts and fears wouldn’t plague her dreams anymore.










Thanks everyone again for the great reviews! Keep em coming!! =)



End Notes:
To tri thank you for all your help lately!!
Chapter 32: You Can Let Go by Teri
Author's Notes:
woo another chapter....now it's time to study...hope this can tide ya'll over till I'll get a chance to update again. Got finals and graduation the next two weeks so updates might be a lil scarce but I'll try my best! As always thanks again for all the reviews keep em coming!!
Chapter Thirty-Two: You Can Let Go



“You been holding on so long. Tryin' to make believe that nothing's wrong. Not letting it show. There ain't nothin' you can do. To make me turn away from you. I need you to know. That you can let go. Don't be afraid when you're falling apart. Don't hesitate I'll be right where you are. Open your eyes there's a crack in the dark.” (You Can Let Go ~ BSB)



“So did you two discuss things that happened with your past?” Dr. Pinsky asked with a slight grin as he watched them get settled on the couch across from him.



Nick and Alyssa sat back and looked at each other considering their answer for a moment. Alyssa turned back and nodded, “We discussed a lot of things, we didn’t get as far as what happened this year but we got up to Collin and a little bit of my dad.”



“Did you discuss Nick’s past, and your friendship?”



Nick thought a moment, how he had made them focus on her more than himself. True he’d answered her questions honestly and thoroughly, but he’d always come back with another question for her and tried to make it about her emotional issues rather than his as well. “Yeah we covered it a little bit…I guess we could have covered it a bit better right?” He asked looking at Alyssa.



“Well, yeah I agree there, there’s still so much I want to ask you and everything like about your family and everything we’ve lived through in our friendship and relationship.”



“Do you think I tried to make it more about your problems than mine?”



“Yes.”



Nick sat back got a frustrated expression on his face. “Well sorry…” He said with a little sharper of an edge to his voice than he intended.



Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Oh my God…yeah I’m fucked up Nick…at least I can admit it, and here you are trying to solve my problems when you don’t even want to address yours.”



“I’m not trying to solve your problems Alyssa. Your problems are mine too! I lost a friend when Collin died. I lost a father when your father died. Do you not see how intertwined our lives have always been? When my parents divorced weren’t you the one there to kick me in the ass and tell me that it wasn’t my fault? That my parents were selfish and immature?”



“Yes because they were being selfish. Did you honestly ever think they cared about you or your siblings’ feelings or best interests? Especially after they learned you had talent? Come on now they saw dollar signs. It’s despicable what they put you and your siblings through. What they’re still putting you through. Jesus Christ Nick I used to like your parents until I realized who they really are.”



“And who are they?”



“Gold diggers. That’s what…you can’t honestly say that your mother had ever treated you with respect. Yeah she used to be the proud mother of a talented little boy, until she learned that your talent could support the family and provide her with the life she always dreamed of having. And honestly baby I hate her for what she’s done to you. She nearly ripped us apart this year, always pitting us against one another, stressing me out to the point where I lost our son.”



Nick closed his eyes as he felt tears sting the corners. He leaned his head back and swallowed hard. He hadn’t want to admit all the horrible things he’d seen growing up. His parents incessant fighting was really only the tip of the iceberg. The lack of love he felt growing up in the limelight had all come back against his mind making him feel completely vulnerable in that singular moment. He looked over at Alyssa seeing her angry face break into worry and concern for him. “You don’t understand…you had parents that love you no matter what. That raised you right, and supported your every decision.”



“They didn’t support every decision…you are talking to a former pot smoker and cutter remember?”



“I don’t mean shit like that. Even then they did everything they could to get through to you. Hell that’s why Jamie sent you to me!” He saw the shock register on her face and he shook his head. “You didn’t know? Yeah he called me up crying because he was scared for you and he couldn’t get through to you anymore. So he sent you to me because he knew that you and I had a connection stronger than anything you had at home. He cared about you Liss to the point where he was willing to see that he couldn’t help you, that you needed to get away.”



“What was in it for you? You never did tell me why you were so willing to take me in…” Alyssa asked. The thoughts always plagued her mind as to why he’d accepted her father’s offer of taking her for the summer. She figured he’d had enough to deal with, with AJ’s rehab, having half the tour cancelled and moved down to the fall. So what made him so adamant and welcoming to help solve her problems that she had back then?



“Because I was scared for you, I didn’t know that you were that depressed or even cutting. Jamie left that out that you were doing it. But I did know about the weed smoking. And I was really worried why the fun girl I knew was hurting so much she’d go and drown herself in that shit to make herself forget it all. I knew it had to do with your dad and Collin. But what I didn’t know was that you were blaming yourself for everything when it couldn’t possibly your fault for anything. Do you realize what finding you like I did, did to me?”



“No…” It was true she really had no idea what emotions he felt if any when he’d found her almost dead body back in 2001 after her suicide attempt.



He took her hand looking at the scars surrounding the large faded scar on her wrist. “It killed me, the entire night I was just sitting there hoping you’d fucking survive. And now…I look back and I realize why I wanted you to survive so much. That stupid selfish act you did in trying to end all your pain, made me realize that I couldn’t let you wallow in pain and let it get that far again. Because then I could actually lose you and I’m still not ready to accept the possibility of you not being around. You’ve almost died on me twice…once by a destructive and stupid decision you made, and the other because I was too blind to see how my desires for a family were destroying you little by little.”



Alyssa looked away for a moment then over at Dr. Pinsky he gave her a reassuring glance and she turned her face back to his. “I’m sorry, I didn’t see how everything I did was affecting you…I guess I wanted to protect you by keeping it from you.”



“But all that did was make me feel worse that you couldn’t share it with me. I mean it when I tell you I’m in this relationship to share our lives together okay? The good, the bad, everything I’m here and I just wish you’d rely on me. The way I’ve always relied on you. All these years…we’ve seen each other grow up and into the people we’d always wanted to be for each other. And it really fucking hurts that you can’t just let yourself be vulnerable with me. Fuck I know I harbor my emotions sometimes too but I’m working on it, and I know how hard it can be.”



“So Nick you understand where she’s coming from?” Dr. Pinsky asked. He figured he’d sat back long enough. He loved that he was getting to see the dialogue beginning between the couple. It showed that they were truly ready to begin the healing process they both so desperately wanted yet were so afraid to go through for fear it would break their strong bond.



Nick looked over at him as if he was noticing he were there at all. He turned back to Alyssa and sighed. “Yes of course I do.” He said looking between them. “You’re scared and I get that. I am too…letting you in is difficult because you’re such a huge part of my life, and admitting things to you is like having to admit them to myself I guess. It’s not easy and I understand exactly what you’re going through because I’m going through it too.”



Alyssa looked at him for a long moment staying silent letting his words really seep in to her head. “So Nick what did you feel when the events happened in July?”



“What seeing my fiancée flat line on the fucking table? Or seeing my child slowly die in an incubator?” He said scathingly.



“Nick…” Alyssa began to say but one look from Nick made her shut up completely.



“I felt completely fucking helpless. My life that I’ve worked so hard to build came crashing down around me within a matter of a few hours. It scared me so much to see your heart stop right in front of me. For God sakes you may be here now but for that instant…you were gone and my mind keeps replaying it over and over. Then Mary sent me to go get food and to get away from the whole situation after I’d been keeping watch on Noah for most of the night. He died while I was gone, before I could get back and protect him, he died. The only chance I had to build a bond with him and he was gone. You’re so lucky Alyssa, that you got to carry him and have at least a bond with him before everything happened. I didn’t get that. I got to see him yeah, but I never got to feel him kick much if at all, or feel what you felt carrying him. It’s not fair that I had to be the outsider with everything, and watch as everything I hold so close to my heart get ripped away from me.” He said barely biting back the tears that threatened to escape.



Alyssa took his hand and laced their fingers. “But Nick, I’m here…I didn’t leave.”



“Yes you did…You completely shut down. It’s like you flat lining killed the old you and replaced you with this shell of the girl I used to know.” He spat back. “I’d give anything to see the real you again. The girl I saw on my solo tour, or when we had such amazing moments of just us hanging out together when we first started dating or even a year ago when we were finally starting to get comfortable with being together again.”



“What if we never get back to that?” She postulated making him think.



Dr. Pinsky looked at the clock and adjourned the session. “Nick your assignment for next week is I want you to be completely open with her about your emotions about everything. You know how to do it we’ve worked on that. And Alyssa, try not to be pessimistic about the healing process. It is possible for you two to be even happier than you were before all this tragedy happened. It’s taking that tragedy and making it let you appreciate the fantastic moments even more because you know that in an instant everything can be taken away. So maybe this was more of a wakeup call that you two needed to start appreciating the time you have with one another.” He suggested making Alyssa nod as she let everything in the session sink in.



They bid him farewell and walked out. Alyssa broke away from him getting into the truck quickly. He walked around the other side and got in as well. “Alyssa…” He began before starting the car.



“You don’t have to say anything Nick…okay, I get it you’re just as messed up as I am okay?” She replied. “What I don’t like is that you can’t just tell me to my face you have to bring someone else in.” She wanted to open up and really let herself and him feel the pain that had been caused but she just felt like it was useless to try. The pain was so overwhelming why couldn’t they just move past it and be done with it? Why did they have to dwell on the events of the past months so much?



Nick gripped the steering wheel as he drove them home. “Don’t you fucking get it?!” He said glancing over to her. He shook his head and remained silent for the rest of the drive home, an uneasy tension between them. After they arrived home Nick got an idea and went to his laptop ordering two plane tickets. He went to her up in their bedroom and turned her to him. “We’re going on a trip.”



“What?” Alyssa asked completely bewildered as to exactly what he had up his sleeve.



“Pack an overnight bag we’re gonna go see your Mom.” He said throwing some clothes on their bed. He knew they’d have to do this eventually but now seemed like the most opportune time. He knew Alyssa was only trying to get them past their pain by avoiding it. But they needed to relish in the melancholy of losing their son together, not separate as they had been. And this trip, if done right, was going to do that.



Alyssa grabbed a duffel bag filling it with clothes. She knew she didn’t have to bring any toiletries, her mom’s house was always fully stocked with extra toothbrushes and things for any visits Mary’s grown children may spring on her unexpectedly. She packed quickly and picked up her cell calling her mother and leaving a message with her receptionist that Nick and her were making a surprise visit.



That evening…



Nick and Alyssa sat in her old room after sharing a quiet dinner with Mary. She’d been overjoyed to see her youngest daughter up and about let alone talking with Nick again. She’d been so worried that the tragic events of two months prior would make their bond become so strained that they wouldn’t be able to mend the damage it had caused and end up breaking them up for good. She watched as they sat and played poker in Alyssa’s old bedroom.



“I’ll raise you 15.” She said pushing a few chips towards him.



He looked at her face and mannerisms looking for any tells as to what her cards could be. She was one of the reasons why he’d become so good at playing poker in the first place. She was always amazing at being able to fool him with what her hand could be and he’d learned over the course of many late night games how she did it and learned for himself how to be a better bluffer himself. “Hmm…I fold…” He said cutting his losses. He glanced to the door seeing Mary standing there with a grin on her face.



Alyssa smirked triumphantly. “You had a straight! And I beat you with a pair of twos!” She said giggling.



Nick rolled his eyes. “I let you win! If I hadn’t have folded…”



“But you did! Ha!” She replied with a laugh. She was glad their earlier fight had dissipated for the most part. She was happy to be home again. To see her mom and spend some time with two of her favorite people. She’d only wished her father could be here to see this. That through everything that had happened she and Nick were still together, still engaged.



Mary chuckled watching them. “Nick will you help me with the dishes?” She asked politely she knew she had to talk to him alone away from Alyssa for a few minutes there were some things she needed him to know before she made her final decision. She’d been contemplating things for quite sometime and knew that it would upset Alyssa completely and she’d have to have Nick be there to help her through it. Nick got up and followed Mary downstairs and started helping her with the dishes while Alyssa went into the backroom helping with some laundry. “Nick…I needed to talk to you.”



“What about?” He asked as he took a wet dish from her and dried it off then placed it on a drying rack. He’d wondered why Mary needed to speak with him alone. He knew whenever Alyssa’s parents did that, it meant they had something coming up that they needed to prepare him for first before dropping the bomb on Alyssa. First it was with Jamie’s first round with cancer, the his second that ended up killing him. He knew that it was a defense mechanism for them to tell him first, knowing that Alyssa would have a hard time with dealing with it all.



Mary grinned and sighed a little as she continued to clean up the dishes from dinner that night. “Well…I’m considering that it’s time for me to start selling Jamie’s things.”



Nick stopped and turned to her. “Are you sure you’re ready for that? I mean…sell his things? Like what his clothes and personal effects?”



“Yes, his clothes, his computer, his truck…this house. I’m considering moving out to LA to be near you kids. I’m terribly lonely in this house all by myself now especially without Jamie here.” She said getting a little choked up. “Now I’ve wrestled with this decision for a while about a solid two years.”



Nick shook his head, “Mary you can’t, it’ll hurt not only Alyssa but Clark and Olivia too. Fuck they grew up in this house, how could you even think of selling it?! Clark and Lori live in LA yeah but they also live in Sedona still too. It’s not that far away. Please don’t just sell this house because you’re lonely.” He said with a twinge of sadness to his tone.



“I know, but maybe it’ll be better if this happens. There’s so many memories here. It’s sometimes too much to bear. Building the guest house, watching Jameson and

Alyssa out back playing soccer together. It’s just so hard to be reminded so constantly of everything that I’ve loved and lost.”



“But you haven’t lost us. Your kids, and well me. We still come visit every chance we get, and we love coming here all the time. We love you Mary, and we love this place, and all the memories here. Hell I kissed Alyssa here for the first time. Lori and Clark got married here.”



“Yeah and I had to sit and watch my husband die here.” She said with a depressed tone. “I’m sorry Nick it’s just, it’s hard to be in this house and know that I won’t get to really truly grow old with my husband because he was taken too soon. And sometimes it’s too much to bear.” She added.



Nick looked away and placed the last dish on the rack. “Now I know where Alyssa gets it from.”



“Gets what from?”



“The whole emotional avoidance thing. She gets it from you. I never really understood it, but now I do. You’ve tried to be strong for your kids all their lives, but really you taught Alyssa to close herself off to protect herself and others from pain.”



“So you’re saying it’s my fault?”



“In a way…yeah…and until you can see that your stoicism has taught Alyssa that being closed off is better than actually facing your emotions and problems. I know that’s not what you meant to teach her, but Alyssa looks up to you so much Mary. You know what she said when she was pregnant with Noah?”



“What?”



“That she hoped she could be half as good of a role model as you and Jamie were for her. She idolized your marriage Mary. And at the same time your strength and willingness to avoid everything. Fuck everyone fucking comes to me with Alyssa’s problems. Back in 2001 Jamie told me he was diagnosed with cancer, then you guys shipped her off to me. Why do I always have to be the strong one? Why can’t I fucking get pissed off or emotional? Can’t I have any feelings about Jamie dying, my own son dying, or for fucks sake you selling the house and Jamie’s things?! I thought I was part of this family apparently I’m just here to keep your youngest daughter in line.” He said with a huff of aggression. He walked out of the kitchen angry at Mary for coming to him at all.



Alyssa came into the kitchen seeing his quick departure and looked at her mother, “What did you say to him?”



“Don’t worry about it…I didn’t realize he would have gotten so worked up. It’s nothing…but go talk to him, get him to open up to you please?” She said trying to encourage her daughter to go get to the bottom of what Nick was going through in his mind.



Alyssa nodded and headed up the stairs and into her old bedroom watching Nick pace in anger looking like he wanted to punch something. “Nick…? What happened down there?”



He looked at her and saw her worried expression and he broke down. “I can’t fucking handle this! What the fuck!? Why do I always have to be the strong one? My entire life I’ve had to be the “strong one”. The only time I’ve ever not had to do that was with the guys. I was never forced to be the stoic one like Kevin was. Yet at the same time I was. I rarely ever tried to show emotion when it came to things I guess I felt I had to be professional no matter what I was personally feeling.”



“What do you mean?”



“My mother always said “don’t let them see you cry, it makes you look weak”. Then the second I’d even begin to get scared that I was so far away from home and in strange lands where people didn’t speak English. It scared the hell out of me. And then with you, everyone’s always fucking come to me when they see that there’s a potential problem with you or that you may not be able to handle something. It drives me fucking crazy. It’s like I can’t have fucking feelings about ANYTHING because I have to consider your fucking reaction and make sure you don’t fucking try to kill yourself again. When do I fucking get to have a breakdown?! When can I fucking feel something!?” He ranted still pacing the room.



Alyssa remained quiet for the most part as he continued his rant. She stopped him a little bit once he sat down on the bed. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him letting him bury his head against her chest. She stroked his hair gently and just held him silently. “I’m sorry…” She said in a quiet whisper.



He pulled away an looked up at her. She sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around him. “What are you sorry for?”



“For not letting you open up. I’ve always wanted you to be this open with me. But I guess I wanted to protect us too. You’ve got so much damage done to you, even more so than I’ll ever know. And I’m so sorry that I couldn’t just let you get your emotions out on the table without me being judgmental or unreceptive. I’ve been a horrible girlfriend in that respect. We used to be so good at this when we were friends. I guess I stopped trying once we started hooking up. And I’m so sorry for that. I love you…more than anything. And I know I need to say that more often…because you always tell me how much you love me and I’m kinda reserved with my heart especially when it comes to you. You have my heart completely you know. I love my family and my friends yeah, but you? You get something they’ll never have. And it scares the utter fucking hell out of me that I can love you so much without even really trying to.”



He wrapped his arms around her tightly just holding her against him. “Please stop holding back…I know I do the same thing and I’m gonna stop too. We can’t expect to share our life together if we’re not even gonna be open and completely honest with each other.”



“I agree… I want you to be completely open with me too. Even though knowing that you love me does scare the hell out of me sometimes. It’s good to know that you’re right here with me. That you feel just as much pain about certain things and have fears and doubts too. Sometimes it’s like I feel like you’re so completely sure of yourself and I’m sitting here and a complete mess of emotions and here you are Mister Perfect, always in control.”



He snickered a little and laid them back onto the bed. “I guess we’re more alike than we thought huh?”



“I’m guessing so.”



The next morning…



“Are you sure we’re ready for this?” Alyssa asked as they pulled into a parking space in the cemetery. It was a bright hot September day in Arizona, Alyssa could see the massive thunderheads off in the distance hoping that they’d get one hell of a storm that night before they’d leave in the morning to go back home to LA.



Nick turned off the truck and looked at Alyssa as he leaned on the center section of the car. “We need this sugar…we got to face our problems together. And I think this is going to help us do that.” He said then moved to get out of the truck. Alyssa patted the hood of the old dodge Durango that her father had owned and loved for many years. He took her hand and led her through the cemetery passing grave after grave. She watched as they passed headstone after headstone. How many loved ones had each of these people had? Were they as destroyed by their loss as she was by her own? The entire scene made her feel like her emotions paled in comparison by the dozens and dozens of people affected by each and every plot in the place. They came upon her father’s grave, and the one right next to it that read:



Noah Aaron Carter
July 25th, 2007 – July 26th 2007
Although you weren’t ready for this world,
nevertheless you are loved.




At the sight of it Alyssa’s eyes began to tear up and she took Nick’s hand lacing their fingers. “God, this doesn’t even seem like it’s real.” She said aloud. Nick nodded and placed some flowers on the head stone. He breathed a few times then felt sad tears he’d been holding in for so long began to flow from his eyes. Alyssa saw him try to wipe his own tears away and stopped him. “Don’t hide it. Just let it out…we need you to. Not just me or you…but for him…” She said looking to the head stone. At that moment he crumbled to sitting next to the headstone and just felt everything he’d been holding in from all the months before, and everything he’d experienced in his life all came rushing back to him. Alyssa knelt beside him and hugged him crying as well. “I’m so sorry that he died…I feel like I did this to us. That my avoidance of any real painful emotion caused us to lose him.”



“I feel the same way…that my own selfish desires of having a connection with my mother, and my siblings destroyed him. I wasn’t ready to see what I had right in front of me was a family. You and Noah…you were my family and I was so consumed with wanting to fix my family’s problems that I took you and him for granted. And I lost him as a result, and I almost lost you too. I’m so sorry I let this happen.”



“Nick we both let this happen, we let our lives get in the way. We let our friends and family rule our relationship. We never used to do that when we were friends. We ruled our friendship as a team, we held back our true feelings and I think that’s why we’re having so much trouble now. Because we got so used to holding back that it just became second nature to us. And we reaped what we sewed. We lost our son. And no one can ever tell us how to feel about that but each other. I love you, and I’m beginning to see how much this has affected not only me, but you, and us as a couple. And I hate this. I hate that we let it get this far. And I’m determined for it never to happen again.” She said confidently. “You shouldn’t have to hide any of your emotions, thoughts or opinions from me. We’re a team and it’s time we started acting like one. Because when everything else is gone, when our careers are gone, when our kids are grown up and gone away we’ll still have each other and we need to be strong enough to survive the distractions and trappings of everyday life so when we do get to that point we won’t look at each other and go ‘who are you again?’”



He turned to her and hugged her to him. It was exactly everything he’d needed to hear from her. They needed each other, to rely on one another completely like they had back when they were friends so many years before. And for once he believed they were truly ready to begin to heal after all they’d experienced and lost. He turned to the headstone and placed his hand on it. “I just wish we didn’t have to lose him to realize this. He could have been such an amazing little kid.”



“But at least he’s not suffering.” Alyssa replied. “If he’d survived for the first year or so of his life, all he’d know is hospitals and doctors and surgery and pain. Would we really want to have put him through all of that just to have him be healthy? I know if he’d survived we would have done everything to help him get healthy so he could have had a normal life. But maybe this is better for him…so his soul can have another chance to be at peace. I know I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if he had lived and 20 years later he’d say that he wished he would have died because he went through so much pain at such an early age.”



“Maybe…but we’ll never get the chance to know.” He said lacing their fingers again as they sat on the grass. “I wish I could have protected him better.”



“I know, and believe me so do I. I feel like a complete failure every time I even think about what happened. And I know you feel that way too…that some how we could have done something better to prevent all this. When I don’t think we could have. Yeah we weren’t appreciating each other anymore, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he had a heart defect from the beginning. Dr. Petrarch even told us so. Maybe we should not worry so much about our past. What’s done is done, and if we could go back and change it I’m sure we would but we can’t. We can’t change the fact that our son wasn’t strong enough to survive in this world. That our own relationship was almost just as weak if we hadn’t finally realized what we were doing to each other.”



“So what do we do now? Do we just forget?”



“No we never forget him. Ever, he was a part of both of us. We’ll never stop hurting from this…but just being here with you. Knowing that you feel the same as I do. It tells me that maybe someday we’ll be okay. We’re hurting so much because we lost him. And really at least we did get a little time with him. I had it when I carried him…and you did when he was in the hospital for those few short hours. I know it doesn’t quite compare to a life time of growing up and watching him grow up into what might have been an amazing person. But at the same time, we need to appreciate the time we did get with him. I’m beginning to realize that with the loss of Collin and my father. We were so lucky to even know Collin and my father. And we need to cherish those memories we have of them. Just like we need to cherish what precious little time we had with Noah.”



Nick closed his eyes and nodded in agreement. “It’s just so hard it’s not fair for Collin, Jamie or Noah. They all got taken away too soon.”



“I know, and we’re left to pick up the pieces of what they made us both feel. I loved Collin and we both adored my father. Collin was your friend as well. I guess what I didn’t realize was that I didn’t let you join me in our grief. I wanted to be left alone to wallow in my own misery. What I didn’t realize is that you needed me. And I’ll never stop apologizing for that.”



He sighed and held her close. “I’m sorry I couldn’t join you either. I was trying so hard to be strong for you…that I didn’t realize that I was hurting myself and us. I love you so much…and it hurts me to see you in pain. I just wanted to make it all go away.”



Alyssa hugged him and sighed, “It’ll never go away. We’ll always have pain and grief…but I think we’re beginning to come to terms with it.”



“I hope so…”



“Me too lover…me too.” She said as they held each other a little while longer. They each said a small speech to both Noah and Jamie’s graves getting out all their emotions and finally being able to say goodbye. The walked out of the cemetery slowly and Alyssa stopped at Collin’s grave staring at it. She closed her eyes picturing him exactly how she remembered, his dark hair, the piercing blue eyes, and tall lanky body. She gave her silent goodbye to him as Nick did the same. Though they’d had other family and loved ones pass on before…the three, Collin, Jamie and Noah were all taken before they were truly ready to say goodbye. But now they could finally begin to heal as they were meant to…together to help them appreciate what they had with each Collin, Jamie and Noah. They’d never forget the impact those three had on them, and they knew on the way back to the house that they’d never truly stop grieving their losses but at the same time it gave them hope that someday they might begin to accept their loss and begin to rebuild. And once again appreciate each other like they had so long ago.








If you read let me know what you thought =) thanks!!


End Notes:
To tri...my awesome beta, without you I don't know what I'd do. Thank you so much for all your wonderful help throughout this story so far. You're awesome sweets!
Chapter 33: Reconnecting by Teri
Author's Notes:
WOO! hope this all finds you well and provides a lil distraction for everyone studying for finals! I wrote more than half my paper today so I rewarded myself with writing and ended up writing an entire chapter! WOO!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Reconnecting



**************************
Alyssa Narrating:



Honestly I couldn’t understand what happened. I mean I understand it now, and I’m so glad that it finally happened. That it all came out. I know there’s so much more inside him and inside myself as well. But now I think we’ve finally come to some sort of real depth with each other.



Nick letting out his emotions and my emotions too....It’s like ever since then it’s been a flood of talking and discussing everything even more so than we used to. I feel like finally I can say he’s my best friend again. After all we’ve been through these past few years together. We’re finally okay with relying on each other. We don’t need each other to be strong; we just need each other to be.



And really…we owe it to our loss. We lost so much with Noah. I really thought we were done for. All I wanted to do was wallow in my own pain. I couldn’t even begin to handle what he might be going through. And honestly I feel like that was horribly selfish of me. Even to begin to cut again…completely and horribly selfish. Yeah I’m in pain but what about him? It didn’t even occur to me.



I guess it’s really because he’s always been so strong for me. I’ve rarely ever had to be strong with him with the exception of anytime he got fucked over by a girl. It makes me feel terrible that I wasn’t considerate enough of his feelings. He’s just always been this rock for me and the second he flies off the handle or even shows he’s been through things that have caused him torment it makes me understand what he must be going through when he saw me in the hospital. It makes me feel completely helpless. But at the same time I’m glad that he finally was able to just get it all out.



Even back with the whole bullshit with Brandon he held everything in. Maintaining class and his calm with all that drama. Even back when Collin or my father died he was the strong stoic one. And I guess that made me feel like he was somehow detached from all those situations emotionally. But really it was hurting him more than I’ll ever know. It drives me nuts that we held back for so long. I thought we were so close, so strong but really we weren’t.



I was holding everything back, my stress level with the pregnancy and work and then all the bullshit with Jane.



I completely hate that woman now. I held such respect for her when I first met her. She was so kind and generous to me. I immediately felt part of the family, another daughter. But as Nick and I got closer over the years she started getting more and more distant. Especially on his solo tour, right before his parents were going to get a divorce. Late 2002 and early 2003 you could tell there was this strange tension whenever Nick would bring me around his family. The siblings were quiet a lot of the time and his parents barely spoke a word to each other. One night Nick actually told me that he was concerned his family was falling apart.



I hugged him and let him just get out his frustrations and said, “It’ll all work out”. I was trying to be optimistic for him. But looking back on it, it may have seemed like I was dismissing his fears like they didn’t matter. But they do matter, so much so that I felt horrible when his parents split up. That’s why I took him to my Ginny and Marc’s house to escape that summer after his tour was over.



He needed that escape to just forget about his life and career for a while to just be Nick normal guy, instead of a singer, boat race team owner, and eldest son of a broken home. I know he blames himself more and more for his parents divorce. He feels responsible because he’s the first born in the family but at the same time his father had a daughter from a previous marriage so it’s not like he had a very good track record to begin with. I guess I never realized just how lucky I was to get the parents I did. My dad was always there to support me and my mom was always saying I could do anything I put my mind to. With Nick, I feel like he got cheated out of that. I hate that. He deserves so much and his parents should be so proud of him for all he’s accomplished in his life.



I mean for God’s sake he’s made music history, the guys set records and they hardly ever get any respect for it. That’s what pisses me off so much about the business. Someone can bust their asses and be hugely successful, but never get any respect. It’s happened countless times, and sometimes the industry wants to label him as the “dumb kid from Backstreet Boys” and that pisses me off. He’s not stupid, he’s human, and yeah sometimes things he says don’t come out right. But does that make him stupid?



I hardly think so. I think that’s why he’s so insecure with himself. His looks are a huge thing for him. He can’t see how good he looks. He knows that his fans love him for his talent and looks and he works it to the max when he’s on stage because he knows he has all the power up there. I love the stage version of him but at the same time I hate it too. It’s only one part of him and without that vulnerability he has in his off stage life I don’t think I would respect him as much as I do. Knowing that he’s got so much more depth and emotion than he lets on sometimes makes me feel privileged when he does open up to me. Like I get to see something that not very many people get to.



And I’m back to liking that a lot. For a long time I’d started to want him to completely open up to everyone, the boys, his siblings, and me. And now I realize that it may not be possible for him to be truly that open. But as long as he’s honest with me, I think that eventually he’ll get to a point where he’s comfortable enough to be okay with relying on me. I know a lot of my actions have shattered his trust in me. And I acted like an idiot, I was in so much pain I wasn’t thinking that I could possibly hurt him by not relying on him.



I know at the same time that he wants me to rely on him, but it stresses him out. He tries to be so strong, and I really need him to rely on me too. I can be strong for him if I try to.



And really I think that’s all we really need, just complete honesty and reliance on each other. Because when everything thing else is gone, 30 to 50 years from now. It will be just us. And I completely understand that now. What a real marriage is all about and I’m glad I realized this now instead of 15 years down the line when we have to censor our disagreements in front of our kids when we do have them.



That’s been the toughest realization for me to take. The fact that I want to have more kids some day.... That this experience with Noah hasn’t discouraged me from wanting to be a mother. I know right now we’re completely not ready for a child, just because of the emotional damage that losing Noah caused. But what really scared me is that someday I might be okay enough to have another child.



It’s a little freaky that I can be okay with losing Noah some day. I don’t think I’ll every really be okay that we lost him. But little by little, the grief seems lesser than it had. It’s probably still the same as it was but I’m not so completely focused on it as much anymore. I’m not punishing myself for it. It happened, and there were a lot of factors that went into what went down. Some in my control and some out of my control.



I guess I’m beginning to realize that I can’t control everything in my life and I need to leave it up to chance and fate. I just wish so whole-heartedly that we didn’t have to learn this lesson by losing our son. I’d give anything to go back and change everything so he could have been a healthy baby and had a chance. But then again he had a heart condition from the get go so would he really have ever been healthy? Would he have suffered if he had survived? I wouldn’t have been able to bear that if he was in pain and I couldn’t make it go away for him. Being a parent if only for a little while you realize what kind of a parent you want to become. The type of person you know you need to be to raise a child in today’s world. You need to be strong and caring and supportive. And you realize that watching them get sick, or have any sort of pain or suffering, emotional or physical would be the ultimate torture for yourself as a parent and you just want to protect them and shield them from all of that.



But at the same time you realize you can’t protect them from everything. At some point you have to let them get hurt, so they can learn from their own individual choices and experiences how to be a self sufficient adult. But at the same time you hope sincerely that whatever experiences they go through that happen to be negative, that it’s not as severe as some experiences could be.



It’s a horrible thing to go through. To see a child in so much pain. I don’t know how Nick could sit there and watch Noah as he fought for his life. I know I couldn’t have done it.



And really the fact that he did it, alone as well because I was incapacitated as well makes me respect his strength more and more everyday.



End Narration.
**********************************



Alyssa looked over at Nick as they both brushed their teeth in the dual sinks of their bathroom. She smirked a little at how completely mundane the entire scene was. She turned to move around him as to grab a towel just as he turned to get the mouthwash smacking right into each other. They pulled back with embarrassed smiles apologizing and went to move around each other. Alyssa glanced to his shirt seeing a toothpaste stain on it. “Umm…you got a little toothpaste on your shirt.” Alyssa pointed out.



Nick looked down a snickered, “Figures on a black shirt to boot.” He retorted going to move around her to grab a towel from the rack just as she turned to grab her hair brush on the opposite side of the counter making their faces just inches from each other. The looked briefly at each other and grinned a little. Alyssa turned away and moved to the side out of Nick’s way. He grabbed the towel and wiped at his shirt. He sighed seeing that it was only making the stain worse. He tossed the towel on the counter and pulled his shirt off tossing it by the hamper just narrowly missing it.



Alyssa looked over at him as he dipped down to the sink to scrub his face. She saw the muscles move on his back as he scrubbed all the dirt and oil from his face. He cupped his hands under the sink washing off the white soap lather. He grabbed the towel and pressed his face to it then stood upright as Alyssa continued to stare a little as she ran her brush through her long locks. She looked him up and down for a brief moment finally really noticing just how much his body had changed over the past few months. She hadn’t noticed since he still wore the overly baggy clothes she’d become accustomed to seeing him in the past few years. But now in the light of their bathroom dressed in just a pair of dark blue boxers, hair all mussed from being held up with gel for most of the day and still semi damp from his shower she really noticed for the first time just how hard he really had worked to feel better about himself.



He dropped the towel on the rack and caught Alyssa’s stare looking down at himself then back up at her. “What?” He asked wondering what she was staring at.



She stopped and shook her head, “N..nnothing you just…look good is all.” She stuttered a little as she turned her gaze to herself in the mirror. She didn’t know exactly what was so different about that moment, sure she’d seen him naked even showered with him since his body had changed, but she guessed she just hadn’t noticed it as much before now.



Nick laughed and smirked at her in the mirror, “See now that’s exactly why I did this.” He explained vaguely.



“Did what?” Alyssa said passing him going out into their bedroom. She grabbed her bottle of warm sugar scented lotion. She slathered some on her legs propping each one up as she massaged the lotion into her skin. Nick watched her as she switched to her arms and shoulders then over her neck and down to her abdomen making sure her skin was thoroughly moisturized before they went to bed.



“This, the whole getting in better shape thing. The look on your face is exactly why I did it.” He explained walking by her getting a whiff of her lotion. “By the way you smell good…” He said nonchalantly as he set the clock on their alarm clock on Alyssa’s nightstand. He glanced at her clothing seeing the pale lavender boy short underwear and thin spaghetti strap black camisole. He loved that sometimes her clothes didn’t always match but still she always seemed to be able to pull anything off.



Alyssa giggled a little and handed him her bottle of lotion. “That’s what smells good.” She retorted.



He clicked open the bottle and smelled it, “I think it smells better on you…” He said handing it back to her.



“You sure? Because I could really smell and you’re just used to it.” She shot back with a grin holding out her wrist for him to see if she was right.



He caught her eyes for a moment and he reached out taking her wrist and yanked her to stand right in front of him their bodies pressed together. Alyssa looked up at him her chest rising and falling rapidly at the suddenness of his actions. He brought his hand up tipping her chin up a little more then brushed the backs of his fingers along her jaw line as he moved his hand to the back of her neck pulling her mouth to his in a heated kiss. Alyssa sighed into the kiss settling her hands for a moment on his forearms that were angled to where his hands slid around her waist to her hips gripping them. He held her against him as he deepened the kiss making her moan softly as their tongues dueled passionately.



He opened his eyes slightly seeing the bed behind her. He smirked a little as they separated for a moment then he began backing her up to the bed as their lips met again feverishly. Alyssa moved her hands up his bare arms across his shoulders and buried them in his short hair lightly scraping her fingernails along his scalp. Her simple movements made his skin break out in goose bumps just but the lightness to her touch. He leaned down slightly grabbing the backs of her thighs lifting her up against him as he bent over throwing her down onto the bed in one fluid motion. They broke the kiss slightly as Alyssa’s back made contact with the soft mattress and already turned down sheets. He saw her raise up on her elbows, watching him as he moved up to her on the bed pressing his lips to her neck making her eyes roll back into her head and her hands go to his hair and his shoulder digging her short nails slightly into his skin. He sucked harder on her neck almost biting at it. She shuddered when she felt his teeth on her skin and unintentionally let out a guttural groan from deep in her throat.



Alyssa felt his lips travel to her collar bone then back up to her jaw nipping at her skin making her suck in a breath. She moved her legs to wrap around his hips and ground herself against him making him shudder and moved back up to her lips sucking on her bottom lip moving his hips against hers. She grinned into the kiss slightly feeling him harden against her. It’d been so long since they’d done anything remotely this physical and she didn’t want it to end just yet. Growing bolder by the second, Nick moved his hand to her shoulder bringing the strap of her camisole with him as he drug his hand down her arm then moved to her ribcage she moved to place her hand on top of his wanting to move it upward giving him approval to go further.



However Nick pulled back at the touch of her hand thinking she wanted him to stop. He looked at her for a few moments then pulled away collapsing to her side on the bed. He mentally cursed at himself for letting it get that far. He acted on pure instinct and he ended up doing something that made her uncomfortable. He’d been so patient with the topic of getting back to their physical relationship and now he was scared that he may have just ruined it by going too far.



Both Alyssa and Nick laid there staring up at the ceiling catching their breaths as they contemplated what exactly had just happened. Alyssa rolled to her side and looked at him as she propped herself up with her elbow. “Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?” She asked looking down at the sheets.



Nick looked at her and saw the concerned self-conscious look on her face and shook his head, “No I was about to ask you that since you stopped me.”



“I stopped you? How?” She asked getting a perplexed look on her face.



His brow furrowed in confusion, “You mean, you didn’t want me to stop? I thought with your hand you were trying to tell me to…”



Her face broke out in a grin at his apparent confusion. “Trying to get you to stop? Hardly I was going to move your hand up actually.” She replied with a meek grin.



His face flushed in embarrassment and he sighed, “Sorry I thought…you know that you were trying…to stop me that I had…done something you weren’t comfortable with yet…” He said stammering here and there.



“What gave you the impression that I wouldn’t want you to kiss me?” Alyssa asked sitting up and laying herself over his chest.



“I don’t know…I guess I got used to getting interrupted or having to stop…” He admitted.



Alyssa nodded, “I’m sorry that happened…how we rarely ever got a moment to just be engaged and alone together. And with the whole stop and go thing…yeah I hated it too.” She said biting her lip. “It’s like one of those annoying interruptions that kept happening over and over and it got us in a stupid rut didn’t it? I’m just glad that we’re starting this again. I think it’s good that we’re taking it a little slower this time.”



Nick nodded and placed his hands on the small of her back. “We should probably get some sleep anyways…” He replied with a sigh.



Alyssa gave him a sympathetic look and kissed him gently, “I love you…don’t worry taking it slow will only make it better when it does happen again.” She reasoned making him chuckle.



“And months of pent up sexual frustration and forced celibacy doesn’t…” He retorted laughing as they settled themselves on the bed turning off the lights on the nightstands. Alyssa gathered up the sheets and comfort and laid her head against his chest covering them both as they relaxed in the darkness.


She giggled and kissed his cheek, “Yeah but I think you can handle just a little while longer don’t you?”



“Maybe…” He replied in the darkness making them both chuckle.



The next day…



“Look who finally crawled out of her hole in the ground!!” Lori exclaimed seeing Alyssa walk up to the table in the crowded restaurant.



Alyssa laughed at her two best friends and hugged them both. They separated and all took their seats perusing through the menu. “I’ve missed you two…” She said looking up at them.



Both girls looked at her then at each other, “You seem a lot better than a month ago…” Lori said cautiously.



Alyssa took a deep breath nodding in agreement, “My fiancé’s a genius.” She replied simply.



“Okay do tell…” Lori said with a grin.



“We’ve been in therapy, together and apart for the last month or so. And it’s just completely changed everything. I feel okay for once. It’s still really hard with everything that happened, but we’re getting back to how we used to be.”



Kellie snickered, “So does that mean you’re back to knockin’ boots?” She asked with a smirk.



Alyssa rolled her eyes, “I plead the fifth on that one.”



“OOH!” Both girls replied.



Alyssa blushed and giggled at them. “Chill out, we’re just starting over and it’s really good right now. We uh made out last night…”



Lori grinned wide and giggled, “Hmmm this seems oddly familiar…the look on your face, your evasiveness…it’s like you’re 20 all over again isn’t it?”



She bit her lip and nodded closing her eyes a little. “Yeah…it’s insane but God I wanted him to just…”



“Violate you?” Kellie offered with a completely straight face.



Alyssa blushed and both girls gasped, “Holy shit!” Lori remarked sitting back in her chair. “Man you guys are like you used to be for real.”



“Yeah which is why I’m inviting everyone to a barbecue Saturday. We just want to be with everyone again and see our friends. We miss you guys.”



Meanwhile…



“You fucking stopped?!” AJ remarked with a stunned expression on his face. He had to admit that he was happy for his friend but at the same time he couldn’t quite understand why he stopped when Alyssa seemed so willing to go further that night before.



Brian snickered and said, "Let him be..."



"No no no, you don't just stop when you're making out that hardcore...dude you have the most self control I’ve ever seen" AJ added with a laugh.



"Why do I tell you assholes anything? I didn't wanna stop I thought I did something wrong so I stopped..."



Howie shook his head and laughed at Nick’s candor and humorous story. "And you called me a pussy for taking it slow with Leigh for so long...? And that was in the beginning of my relationship, you and Ali are engaged, means free ass for life!"



Everyone erupted in laughter for a few minutes just finding the story and Howie’s remark completely hilarious. Nick took a breath and wiped his eyes and the tears that had formed from laughing so hard. “Okay but seriously is it okay that I stopped?”



“I think so…” Brian said with a shrug.



“You would.” Nick said rolling his eyes.



“What’s that supposed to mean? Just because I’m a little more on the conservative side doesn’t mean I think there shouldn’t be sex without marriage, hello I was serious with Samantha remember?”



Nick rolled his eyes again and Howie laughed, “Yeah and with all of us and our indiscretions if Brian was THAT conservative he would have probably performed exorcisms on all of us.” He remarked laughing.



“I thought exorcisms were strictly catholic Howard…” Brian shot back.



“They are…” Nick said making everyone look at him strangely. “What? Ali was raised catholic.” He explained. AJ smirked and Nick punched his arm “Quit imagining her in a catholic school girl uniform you pervert.”



AJ full on cackled, “Come on haven’t you two ever done that? You know role playing?”



“No…we’d probably start laughing at how completely ridiculous it all is.” He remarked laughing.



“Still it’d be hot…” AJ replied making everyone else laugh at his remark.



That night…



Alyssa and Nick walked in from going out to dinner then went for a walk on the Santa Monica pier. “God my feet are killing me!” She said kicking off her low heels making him chuckle at her.



“You didn’t tell me how your appointment with Dr. Petrarch went?” He asked as he took off his shoes and they sat on the couch and began flipping through channels.



Alyssa shrugged, “It was fine, we discussed contraceptives and when I want to go back on them. I told her I didn’t want the pill again. Since it failed me twice. So we discussed some alternatives and I got clearance that everything is fine and I should be able to have more kids someday.”



He grinned and kissed her temple wrapping his arm around her shoulders. “So what are you gonna go on? The patch?”



“Hell no that’s how Jamie got conceived. I actually decided on that nuva ring.”



“And that is?”



“It’s an implant that lets out the normal dose of birth control hormones without a patch, pill or a shot. And I just have to get it changed every couple of months.”



“No pills that’ll be nice.”



“Yeah she said it might be a good idea with our busy life and all and its more effective in some cases than the pill.”



He snorted a little, “You sound like a commercial.”



“I know shut up. But that’s what we talked about.”



“So, the barbecue on Saturday…”



“Yeah?”



“Would you be completely mad if I wanted to take you out on the boat instead?” He suggested.



“Yes, why can’t we go out on the boat on Friday?” She countered laying her legs across his thighs.



He thought for a moment he didn’t really have anything planned on Friday so feasibly he could move the little boat trip he planned. “Hmmm yeah that could work. So you’re really excited about us having everyone over again?”



Alyssa nodded and snuggled into him as they watched ESPN aimlessly. “Yeah I am…I miss everyone, and I think we’re ready for it.” She replied with a soft grin. She sighed to herself hoping that she was right that they were indeed ready to see everyone again, together as a couple.









If you read please take a moment to tell me what you thought =) Feedback is highly motivating!!

End Notes:
To my awesome betas!!! Tri, Mel, and Jamanda! You three rock!
Author's Note Very Important!!! by Teri
Author's Notes:
//
Hey everyone Teri here, I have a few questions I wanted to ask all of you, my loyal readers. I have come to the conclusion that I may need to split AS into two separate stories (meaning AS would cut off soon and a sequel would begin) Nothing would change really just become two stories. Option two, is to rename the story itself. The song Always Something only really fits the first half of the story which is already written and posted. Sooo I need advice from all my readers, I already have excellent advice from my beta Tri, now I want to know what everyone else thinks!

Thanks so much!!


Teri
Chapter 34: Rock The Boat by Teri
Author's Notes:
WOO! AS is officially completed! I decided to split AS in half so the rest of the Nick and Ali saga will continue in a new story (banner and first chapter coming soon!) So look for that okies? Thanks to EVERYONE for the reviews and I hope this leaves everyone on a positive note for the upcoming sequel woo!
Chapter Thirty-Four: Rock The Boat



“I just can’t believe that I’m always expected to be the strong one you know? It’s like God can’t I have any reaction to things?” He vented a little. He knew all of that frustration had come out with Alyssa



“And what did Alyssa say or do.”



Nick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “She just let me open up. She said it was necessary for us to get better. And so I took her to Arizona. We just talked and I loved it. It was so good to get everything out like I said in our last session. It felt like this huge weight lifted off my shoulders.”



Dr. Pinsky took some notes and nodded. “So what’s been bothering you now?”



“Well the other night we uh made out a little.”



“You were saying that earlier what do you think about it?”



“Well we just sorta started kissing like we used to and before I knew it I was ready to take it forward. And it’s been so long since we’ve even done that at all let alone had sex.”



“Do you think that it’s bad what happened the other night?” Dr. Pinsky asked in all sincerity. Since Nick had mentioned the event Dr. Pinsky had to admit he was a bit amused at the reaction.



Nick shrugged, “I’m not upset about it, I mean isn’t it good we’re getting back to how we used to be?”



“It is, but what made you stop from taking it all the way? Was it because it’s been so long?”



“I don’t know. I mean for a long time she’d been less than receptive to anything I’d try.” He said with a sigh, he didn’t want to put the blame solely on Alyssa. He’d rarely had time or the energy to even try half the time. “I mean our lives kept getting in the way and anytime I would try or when she would try neither of us would be in the mood or have enough energy let alone any privacy it seemed. I just want it back so badly but…”



“Are you afraid of her not liking it the way she used to?” He postulated.



Nick thought for a moment, it was true that was one of his many fears was that she wouldn’t really enjoy it anymore especially after all they’d been through. That she couldn’t let herself go and just have fun, letting her emotions overrun everything in her life. He glanced around the room as he gathered his thoughts, “I guess, I mean it’s been so long, what if she realizes she never really enjoyed it in the first place?”



“Is this because of the pact you two had?”



“Yeah, what if she was only doing it to get it over with and just figured she’d keep me around because I was willing?”



“Would she be marrying you if that were the case?”



He thought for a long moment, “I guess not. It’s still that there’s so much we’re learning about each other that we didn’t even know.”



“That’s the good thing about a lasting relationship there’s always a few surprises along the way.” He said with a grin.



That afternoon…



Alyssa shifted her weight on the couch in the library stretching her legs out over Nick’s lap as they both read. Involuntarily his hand went to her shin rubbing over her soft skin making her smirk behind her book. She read over the last few lines over and over unable to really concentrate much as he trailed his fingertips up her knee then back down her shin lightly. She took a deep breath and looked around the seemingly quiet library. She looked up seeing the floors above them where the stacks upon stacks of books were. She tried in vain to concentrate on her educational psychology book. She was happy that her seminar class had ended and she’d passed, but now it was a completely online program she had entered into and she found herself feeling anxiety about whether she could actually meet the task of pulling a PhD and then also tend to her students on top of being in her relationship with Nick. It was all a bit heady but she knew she wouldn’t have taken it all on if she couldn’t handle it.



Nick glanced from reading a novel he’d plucked off the shelf. It seemed interesting to him so he figured it’d keep him busy while she studied and worked on things for school. He looked at her legs stretched out on him smirked a little, happy for at least a little contact. He saw a few people pass the couch they’d found in a corner on the first floor of the library. He didn’t expect to find a couch in a library but then again it was a college library he figured a lot of students ended up falling asleep on that couch studying up late for finals.



He trailed a hand to her ankle tracing the bones and veins through her skin. He grinned as he heard her suck in a breath and goosebumps breakout over her skin. She shifted slightly and shook her head reading the last line over again. She looked up throwing her book on her lap with an exasperated sigh. “I’ve read the same line for the last 15 minutes.” She remarked making him laugh.



“Sorry.”



Alyssa closed both their books and took his hand sitting up fully. “Come with me.” She said with a mischievous grin on her face as she stood up.



He gave her an odd look and stood as well. He followed her as she grabbed her purse and took his hand leading him to the stairs. “Where are we going?” He asked as they went up the stairs together.



She stopped at the top of the stairs and smiled, “I need to get another book and I wanted you to come with me. What’d ya think we were doing?” She played along coyly. She knew exactly why she was bringing him up into the stacks, and it was to do the one thing that she’d always thought of doing up in the musty stacks of the library.



“I don’t know maybe get laid?” He asked with a grin.



“Nick are you seriously that horny all the time?” She scoffed a little with a chuckle. Alyssa rolled her eyes as the reached the top floor and headed off in the direction of one rows of stacks. She walked around for a bit going to the far back corner where she knew the books she’d need would be and give them a little privacy at the same time. She perused the stacks finding a couple of books she was going to need for her paper. Getting an idea she glanced over to an alcove nearby then back to the stacks. “So you wanna make out a little?” She said with a smirk.



Nick looked over at her and raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Uhh…” He muttered incoherently. He saw the wicked gleam in her eyes as they lightened a couple of shades. His breathing grew ragged knowing exactly that she wasn’t kidding at all that in fact she was dead serious about her little proposition.



Alyssa pushed him back into the alcove in the corner pressing her body fully against his. She felt his heartbeat begin to race and a bulge begin to form in his jeans. She smirked and kissed along his jaw nipping slightly at the sensitive skin that was covered lightly with a little bit of scruff. Alyssa smirked feeling his hands go to her hips holding her against him tightly. He groaned slightly as she traced his jawline up to just below his ear lobe with the tip of her tongue ever so lightly. She moved her hands to his chest pressing her palms into him as they slid up to his broad shoulders all the while she sucked on his skin. She leaned up to his ear letting her lips brush slightly against it and whispered lowly. “I’ve always wanted to do this with you…” She backed away a little letting him look at her face. He brought his hand up to her neck letting his thumb press against the hinge of her jaw.



He studied her face bringing his hand along her jaw like she had done with her mouth on his. Alyssa smirked and turned her face into his palm pressing her lips to the center of it. He closed his eyes momentarily and moved his fingers to her chin tracing her lower lip with his thumb lightly. “I love you…” He whispered slightly meeting her eyes.



She grinned and mirrored his sentiment and took his hand and placed it at the base of her skull burying it in her long dark tresses. “Kiss me.” She requested with a coy shy smile on her face. Nick grinned slightly and pulled her mouth to his meeting her half way. He traced her lips with his tongue seeking entrance to her mouth. She groaned in delight and opened her mouth to him letting their tongues dance playfully as they’re hands began to roam each others’ bodies. His hands moved to her ribs and to the sides of her chest as hers slid down his waist grinning into the kiss as she found his belt buckle.



He broke the kiss momentarily and looked down as she rubbed her hand over his growing erection, he growled a little and pushed his hips into her hand wanting more contact than she was giving. She leaned back in claiming his mouth against hers sucking his bottom lip into her mouth and nibbling slightly. Feeling restless he moved his hands to the front of her chest cupping her breasts gently. Alyssa moaned into his mouth and unbuckled his belt as she undid his pants and slid her hand inside feeling the cotton of his boxer briefs. She arched her back into his hands feeling herself become even more turned on by the moment as she dipped her hand into his boxer briefs and wrapped her fingers around his hardened cock. Even more restless than before he moved his hands down her back and slid into her back pockets gripping her ass as she began to stroke her hand over him.



Nick slumped back into the corner of the alcove using the wall for support as he spread his legs letting Alyssa stand in between them and continue working on him. She grinned and moved her mouth to his Adam’s apple nipping and sucking on it knowing how much it drove him crazy to have her mouth on his neck. Getting a wicked idea and wanting to try something she hadn’t ever really gotten into she brought her other hand down in front of her burying it beneath his boxers. She went for his sack cupping it gently then increasing her pressure slightly going harder with every pass. Nick felt his hips buck involuntarily and groaned a little louder than he’d wanted to. Alyssa slowed her movements of her hands and went back to kiss him just as their lips were about to meet she added, “Don’t stop kissing me…no matter what…I need to feel you come…” She rasped then connected their mouths devouring each other hungrily.



Breathing heavily he felt her movements slow again and he took one hand and placed it over hers guiding her to be rougher and faster over his near painful cock. Alyssa moved her hand to the base as his hand went to the tip working together to get him closer to orgasm. Alyssa grinned and tugged on his balls making him shudder and growl feeling his orgasm come on strong coating his fingers in his own juices. He growled loudly into the kiss digging his fingers into her ass as he gripped her against him. Their movements slowed as he slumped more against the wall. Alyssa pulled her mouth away from his and took his hand off of him. She smirked as he watched her bring a finger to her mouth and sucked on it hungrily cleaning off his cum from his fingers. His eyes shut for a moment then went back to watch as he felt her metal tongue stud slide against the underside of his fingers. He pulled his hand away from her mouth and claimed her lips in a hungry satisfied kiss.



Alyssa giggled and pulled back letting him pull his clothes back together. “God fucking damn woman…where did that come from?” He asked breathlessly as he buckled his belt.



She sighed and picked up her books and her purse that had been discarded and forgotten in her haste to make him come. “Just always wanted to try that…”



“Well whatever made you do that…don’t let it stop you from doing it again, Jesus…” He replied taking her hand as they began walking out of the stacks. She laughed and nodded feeling much more confident that she’d done something that had satisfied him so well.



The next morning…



Nick called up to the stairs, “Come on woman!” He shouted in boredom. He knew she was rarely ever quick to get ready in the morning especially at such an early hour with the sun barely peeking above the horizon. He knew they had quite a boat trip that day and he needed to get them started early. Alyssa came down the stairs in a button down linen shirt, and sarong. He could see through the thin white material of her shirt the blood red bikini top that she had on underneath. Her hair was plated in two French braids that graced her shoulders and she had a large beach bag and sunglasses in her hand.



“Yes dear?” She said with a slight edge to her voice.



He grinned and pulled her body to his and kissed her gently. “You look hot…” He said with a grin as he broke the kiss.



“Good, I’m going for sexy beach bum today.” She scoffed sarcastically.



He led her out to his truck helping her get in smacking her butt lightly as she stepped up into the truck. She turned around as she sat down giving him a shocked look then busted out in a grin. He leaned over kissing her slowly placing his hand on her thigh that had escaped from the sarong. He broke away a moment later seeing her eyes closed still lost in the kiss. He backed away and shut the door making her jump at the sound. He smirked to himself as he ran around to the other side of the truck. Alyssa sighed and watched him clandestinely noticing the black and lime green quicksilver board shorts, the white tee-shirt that had the sleeves cut off and the ragged camo flip flops. His hair was damp from what looked like a quick shower and had ran his hands through it almost slicking it back but it’s shortness made most of it spike up on it’s own. He started the truck and drove them out to the marina where he’d been keeping his express cruiser.



Alyssa grinned as they parked and got out. She took his hand and began walking down the wooden planked decks. When they reached his boat she smiled, how many times had she been out on this thing when they had stayed in Florida? She loved that he’d moved it to LA as well so they could take it out whenever they chose to. He hopped up onto the deck then held out his hand to her. She giggled, “Being a gentleman today?”



“It’s proper boating custom now come on” He said holding out his hand still. She took it and let him help her up and over the threshold of the boat. She grinned and took a deep breath going inside the cabin to drop her bag on the seat and dig out the sunscreen. She moved her hands to the buttons on her shirt beginning to unbutton them as Nick came in to turn on the engines. “Uh…” He muttered seeing her beginning to disrobe. “Maybe you should wait 'til we get out there to do that.”



Alyssa turned to him and watched him stare momentarily then turn and go over to the steering hearing the low rumble and vibrations of the engine. She walked over watching him pull out of the marina and out to the open water. Once they were clear and out of the bay she wrapped her arms around his waist and licked the underside of his ear making him jump in surprise. “So…you hard yet?” She asked playfully.



He turned his head and gave her a look. “Alyssa…”



“What? Sorry I won’t joke with you then geesh.”



He shook his head, “If it were up to me I’d fuck your brains out right now…but I have a whole day planned so no.”



Alyssa pouted and kissed his neck, “No sex still?”



“What has gotten into you?” He asked wondering exactly why she was so completely playful and switched on that morning.



“Well when my fiancé decides to wake me up by going down on me I think that’s definite cause for a pretty good fucking mood.” She quipped back.



He chuckled and grinned. “Like that much?”



She moved to the side and gave him a look. “If you don’t know the answer to that Nickolas…you’re not as smart as you think you are…”



Nick shook his head and smirked as she walked back to her stuff sorting through it pulling out two large fluffy rolled up beach towels. She saw him pull out a picnic basket and she peeked inside seeing enough for lunch and dinner for the two of them. She smirked and looked over watching him steer them out through the open water. She quickly disrobed and began slathering on the sunscreen she’d brought with her fully intending on getting at least somewhat of a tan on their trip.



Nick heard the cap open and smelled the coconut oil aroma from the lotion she was smoothing over her skin with. “Hey baby?”



“Yeah?”



“Can you do my back for me?”



“What arms aren’t long enough?” He joked putting the throttle on the boat to low slowing them down and motioning for her to come over. He grabbed the bottle squirting some into his hand and worked it into her skin of her back. He stared seeing the bikini she was in and the tattoo at the small of her back and the back of her neck. He missed seeing her in such little clothing. Come to think of it, he missed just being this comfortable with her again. He finished with her back and handed her the bottle trading a towel to wipe off his hands with before going back to steering them north up the coastline.



A few hours later…



Nick had reached their destination up in Monterey Bay, California making sure he could clearly see the private beach about 100 yards away. and smiled looking out to the bow of the boat seeing Alyssa lying out on her stomach. Every twenty minutes he saw her turn over appropriately sunning herself to get maximum exposure to the sun. He’d chuckled to himself how she would untie her bikini strings and then struggle as she’d turn over so she wouldn’t lose her top. He loved that she was still modest about her body and still wanted to hide it from him at times. He grabbed the sunscreen and took off his shirt slathering it on himself reaching as much of his back as he could with his long arms. He dropped anchor and headed out and sat down on the towel she’d laid out for him hearing her ipod blasting through the ear buds.



He leaned back letting the sun warm him and took a deep breath loving the salty sea air. Alyssa glanced over and giggled a little. “What?” He asked as she turned off her ipod and grinned.



“You’re pasty!” She exclaimed with a grin. “Jesus you’re white!”



Nick rolled his eyes and pinched her side as she slid away from him. She tied her bathing suit top back on and rolled to her side grabbing her book swatting his hands away from tickling and pinching her. “Well we can’t all be olive skinned Italian goddesses now can we?” He said laughing a little.



Alyssa laughed hard and sighed, “You in the Roman Goddess Diana’s dress…well toga…that’d be hilarious.” She shot back making him laugh. “You’d make one ugly woman.”



“I would so it’s good I’m a guy right?”



“Yep or else I’d be a lesbian like my sister.” She quipped.



He chuckled and relaxed against the deck. “That’d be hot though.”



Alyssa rolled her eyes and smacked his arm. “Men…” She scoffed grinning as she cracked open her book.



About two hours later Nick got up from sunning himself and led Alyssa inside the cabin to eat lunch. They sat and talked as he brought out the simple chicken walnut salad and veggies. “So you’re probably wondering why I brought you out here…”



Alyssa took a drink of her water and grinned, “Well I was hoping it would involve us making use of the staterooms so no one would hear how loud we can get.” She remarked making him laugh. They finished eating and she added, “I was only kidding…no seriously why’d you bring me out here?”



“Well I was thinking that you know we’ve been through so much these past few years. And maybe we need a fresh start…” He said taking her out on the deck facing her towards the coast.



“Fresh start?”



“See that beach…”



“Yeah…what of it?”



“Well that and about 20 acres of land behind it, is ours.”



Alyssa turned to him with a questioning glance. “Ours?”



“Yep I’ve been working with the realtor and have a meeting set up with an architect this week for us to design our dream home together.”



“Up here in Monterey?”



“Yeah, it’s away from LA but close enough so you can still teach and go to school and meetings.”



“Nick it’s a five hour drive.”



“So? It’s not like you’re going to teach lecture forever even still you could request being a distance learning professor or even teach a class once a week.”



Alyssa thought for a moment, “You’re serious about this?”



He grinned and kissed her. “Yes…”



“Well when do we start?” She asked with a wide grin making him grin wider and pick her up spinning her around.



Late that evening…




Alyssa and Nick relaxed back against the deck as they had come back to LA just after they’d had dinner. She sighed and looked out over the water with a grin. “Thank you for today…it’s been really relaxing.”



“It’s not over yet…” He said with a grin.



Alyssa’s eyes lit up with mischief, “Oh really?”



He grinned and kissed her softly. He pulled back and took her hands. “I’m so sorry for all the bullshit we’ve been through. I know a lot of times it seems like it’s almost too much to bear.”



“Nick you don’t have…”



Nick held up his hand silencing her. “I need to. I’m glad that we’re working through this. I know that in no way are we anywhere near being fixed or completely healed but I think we’re well on our way. I love you Ali. I always have and I realize now I always will. It doesn’t matter to me when we get married, or that we haven’t set a date or anything like that.”



“Why’s that?” She asked unsure of how his answer would affect her.



He took a deep breath and looked over to her face seeing the curiosity and slight fear in her eyes. “It doesn’t matter to me because I already consider you my wife. I’m completely committed to being just with you and only you.”



Alyssa’s face softened and she smiled, “Really?”



He took her hand and looked at the diamond ring he’d placed there months before. “Yes, I bought this ring with your dad, because he needed me to be the man in your life when he was gone. But now I see he was doing it not just for that reason. He knew how much I needed you. He didn’t want my head to get in the way like it always does and let it ruin our happiness like we’ve both let our heads do so many times. I need you Ali, to be my partner, my best friend, my wife. I know how hard this all has been on us both. Believe me it sucks to know how much pain you’re in, but I know that I’m not wrong for having the pain and grief because you feel it too. But at the same time, it makes me appreciate days like this so much more. Because I have you smiling at me.”



Alyssa interrupted him with a searing kiss. She couldn’t hear much more or else she would have gone completely maudlin on him. He grinned into the kiss and pulled her to sit against him. He broke the kiss and turned her to recline back against his bare chest as they watched the sun beginning to set against the horizon. “I love you…” She whispered in his ear then kissed his neck. He grinned and tightened his arms around her. He tipped her face to the side and up claiming her mouth in a sweet kiss. Alyssa grinned as he lingered longer than he normally did deepening the kiss more. She loved that he continually surprised her like this. The whole day had been relaxing and calm and now she felt completely energized simply by his kiss alone. He moved his hand from her waist up to her chest moving his hand over her breast through the thin material of her bikini top.

She moaned into the kiss and arched her back pushing herself more into his hand. He smiled into the kiss and moved his other hand to her inner thigh stroking her over her bikini bottom making her entire body tense in anticipation. Her hand went to his wrist gripping it as his fingers lightly traced the skin of her upper thighs. Alyssa shuddered feeling a slight breeze come off the water. She broke the kiss and laid her head back on his shoulder sighing and trying to catch her breath. “Please…” She whispered quietly.



He kissed her shoulder and slipped his fingers underneath the top of her bikini coming in contact with her sensitive skin. “Please what…?” He asked increasing his pressure on her chest slightly making her shudder again.



“Just touch me…”



“I am…” He replied making her snicker. She shook her head and took his wrist bringing his hand up and pushed the tips of his fingers down the front of her bikini bottoms slightly. He chuckled and bit her jaw gently making her yelp in surprise as he slipped his hand down the front of her bikini and lightly touched her.



“Fuck…” She hissed and moved her hips closer to his hand. He pulled away slightly making her whimper then shriek when his other hand pinched her nipple rolling it between his thumb and forefinger. “Mmmm…” She muttered incoherently. He grinned and sunk his teeth into her shoulder rather roughly as his fingers began to circle her clit increasing pressure with every pass. She moaned loudly and her breathing became ragged as he slipped two fingers inside of her pressing the heel of his palm against her clit as he thrust his fingers in and out of her. Alyssa moved her hips in time with his hand making him groan and the friction she created against his groin. A few more minutes later Alyssa came against his hand then pushed his hands away from her.



Nick gave her an odd look as she slunk to the floor and made him slouch against the padded seating on the deck. He leaned his head back and lifted his hips as she slid down his swim trunks. She smirked and took his erection in her hand stroking him slowly making him hiss and slouch further. Alyssa leaned in licking the underside of the head lightly and quickly making the muscles in his thighs tense and his eyes shut tightly. She slowly took pity on him and slipped him in her mouth as her hand went to tug gently on his sack. He moaned and thrust his hips toward her.



She hollowed out her mouth moving her head on him quickly. His hand flew to her head grasping it firmly and pushing her head down hard making his tip hit the back of her throat making him growl loudly as his orgasm washed over him. She moved away from him letting him pull his board shorts back up and relaxed back against the deck with her. “Holy fuck…” He sighed making her laugh.



“I know tell me about it…” She said with a smirk. They both laughed and relaxed watching the rest of the sunset before Nick got up and drove them back into the marina and safely into it’s slip.



They gathered their things and grinned at each other as they walked back up to the truck. She stopped him and gave him a sweet kiss before getting into the truck. He smirked and looked out at the ocean from the parking lot before heading to the other side of the car. Yeah, he thought to himself, they weren’t completely better…but at least now they were well on their way to becoming the people they both needed and wanted to be for each other.










Hey everyone thank you for reading AS woo it's been a crazy ride! Anyways AS is complete so if you would be so kind let me know what you thought! Thank you everyone for your encouragement and awesome reviews I hope that will continue with the sequel it's extremely motivating!



End Notes:
Tri...you ROCK sweets thanks so much for all you're wonderful help. Maybe you should have the yoda title!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8331