My Heart Did Time... by kevmylove
Summary:

 ~~COMPLETED~~

Anita's life is turned upside down after a drunken stupper and a bad choice on AJ and Howie's behalf. One little secret whispered into the wrong ear can change it all. Which results in a big misunderstanding and two broken hearts. 

 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37284 Read: 52812 Published: 03/25/07 Updated: 01/26/11

1. Sitting here by kevmylove

2. Cheap by kevmylove

3. Betrayed by kevmylove

4. Nervous feeling by kevmylove

5. Dance Baby! by kevmylove

6. Paid Hoe by kevmylove

7. Comfortable by kevmylove

8. Could it be... by kevmylove

9. Splashing Fun by kevmylove

10. Long Day by kevmylove

11. First kiss by kevmylove

12. Emotions by kevmylove

13. Love me by kevmylove

14. She knows by kevmylove

15. Trapped in a Lie by kevmylove

16. New Start by kevmylove

17. Torn Apart by kevmylove

18. New Roomie by kevmylove

19. Jealousy by kevmylove

20. Bully by kevmylove

21. Unfold by kevmylove

22. Game On by kevmylove

23. In His Eyes by kevmylove

24. So Sick by kevmylove

25. Disaster Zone by kevmylove

26. See You Later by kevmylove

27. Crazy Things by kevmylove

Sitting here by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
This story is for my loyal reader ANITA! It's in the works and I hope to get it done fast...cause the idea is straight in my head. Hope you like! Sorry I was writing it in first person, but I decided third will be better cause I can throw in parts of HIS life too.


Anita made herself comfortable on the mound of dirt it was fresh only a couple of months old…it wasn’t even a mound anymore, she leaned against the tomb and curled up.

This was were she came when things weren’t going to smoothly at home, which was all the time. Her mother had turned into a wicked witch and her sister wasn’t to far off.

She lived in a beat up trailer park, in a small trailer, somewhere in North Las Vegas. She hated it but ever since her mother had lost her job there wasn’t much that they could do but afford a cheap ugly trailer.

She wiped the tears that flooded her cheeks, it had been almost six months ago, but it felt like yesterday.

She had decided to attend a party with some friends from the trailer park, once they were there things got a little to out of control and she was left behind, to drunk to deal with it. She picked up my phone and called her dad.

He answered like always with a pleasant voice he greeted her, he had just gotten home from work. He was a very well known slot technician for the MGM, and he made good money too.

She began with her long story of how she was to drunk and the party was just getting out of hand. He didn’t sound to convinced to drive out forty five minutes just to pick her up, and She understood, but he didn’t’ expect that she walk either.

She was a little leery about him making the trip, he said his truck wasn’t working to well but he would make the sacrifice to pick up his little girl. He told her it would be about forty five minutes to an hour before he got there, she told him, that she loved him very much and hung up.


God throws you some curve balls that you are just not prepared for.

Alva always says Anita is weird for sitting on someone’s tomb “Aren’t you afraid someone’s arm is going to come up from the ground and just pull you in.” she always jokes.

She wishes her daddy would pull her in, then She would be with someone that she loved and that actually loved her back. Yes, you heard right, her dad…she was sitting on his grave.

An hour had gone by and no sign of him, She shivered as she hugged herself, it had started to sprinkle and it looked like in the distance there was a storm. Anita thought to herself, that the drive couldn’t’ be easy in that weather, so she would wait a little longer.

But after two hours she began to worry and a horrible feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. Finally someone decided they could give her a ride back, they were going the same way.

They made their way down that lonely road, she kept her eyes peeled making sure she wouldn’t miss him if he drove by. But she saw more than that, police, an ambulance and her daddy’s truck.

She asked the person driving to please pull over and before he came to a complete halt Anita was out of the car. The cops grabbed her, but she pleaded to get through and yelled that, that was her daddy’s truck.

She didn’t like the way they looked at her as the ambulance zoomed off. “He’s in there” one of them said as she ran back to the car and asked to be dropped off at the hospital

She waited and waited. The time was lagging and she was so anxious, waiting for the nurse to let her know that her daddy was ok. But instead she saw the doctor taking off his little hat and looking at her apologetic. “I’m sorry…but he didn’t make it"

His damn truck stalled and he got off to check it, but it was pouring…without thinking clearly he tried giving her a call. But the phone slipped out of his wet hands. When he bent down to get it a car didn’t see him and drove right over him.


She would never forget that horrible day.

Boy did she hear it from her mother day in and day out, how it was her fault that he was dead, if he wouldn’t have gone out for her.

You killed him, she yells at her every time she’s drunk or high.
Cheap by kevmylove
Anita began to think that it was her fault that he was no longer with them and because of her guilt, she did all that her mother asked of her.

Even the horrible thing she had asked her to do tonight. Her dad always said her mom had trouble loving her for some reason, ever since she was born.

He always told her to have patience with her mother, that she had, had a rough life. Was that a good enough excuse to only hold her for 15 minutes for the first six months of her life, to burn her with a cigarette when she was three because she peed in her pants or to forget her at the grocery store when she was six.

Anita never understood her, but she tried her best to keep her happy.

They lived in a beautiful three bedroom house in Summerlin, her mother had her own car and Alva was getting one soon too.

They had both attended private schools and were pretty set, they were a happy family. But soon after her dad passed away everything went down the dumps.

And all of a sudden they began to lose it all, the car first, then the house, her mother lost her job. Then they ended up in the trailer park, that Anita found rather horrid, but believe it or not it fit her family quite well now.

Her mother was a very over the top person, she looked about ten years younger than she was, she had the body of a twenty year old, which got around pretty well. Her hair was long and brown, her eyes hazel, that could be the only thing that she passed on to Anita.

Now a days, she isn’t herself, always drinking or high on something. Men come and go from their house, its disgusting.

As for Alva she was short with fake blonde hair, dark brown eyes. She was well proportioned unlike Anita. Deep down Anita knew that Alva was her mom’s favorite, ever since they were little, but she wasn’t the best apple off the tree.

She had just started working at the Crazy Horse a well known strip club around the Vegas strip. Although it was low, that was what practically kept them alive. But she was so full of herself, it was like she didn’t have emotions for anything or anyone. She didn’t even cry at their dad’s funeral. Bitch!

“I love you daddy” Anita said as she placed the white rose on his grave, it was time for her to head back to her home sweet home. She took a taxi back to the trailer park and made her way through all the perverts that thought she was just like her mother and sister.

As she entered she found her mother engaged in some type of sexual act that quite frankly she didn’t take the time to figure out and walked down to her room, closed the door and locked it. Many times these men, thought they could get a round of her too, but that would only happen over her dead body.

She was turning twenty one soon and would finally feel old enough to get the hell out of there, although she felt bad to leave her mother and sister behind, she just couldn’t live like this…not anymore.

Anita suddenly heard yelling and things breaking in the living room, she opened the door a crack and saw her mother getting slapped around by the same man she was fornicating with a couple of minutes ago.

She grabbed the bat next to her bed and opened the door “What the hell is going on here?” she yelled startling the man.

“Your mother is a whore” Tell me something I don’t know she thought to herself. “A cheap fucking whore she bit my dick!” he held his crotch.

She looked at her mother, but the woman was so doped out, she didn’t seem to have a clue of what the hell was going on, then she looked back at him “Well…put a band aid on it and get the fuck out of our house. You wanted a trick you got it…get the fuck out.”

He was enraged by her smart ass answer “You little bitch…I should fuck you right now too.” he took a couple of steps closer to her.

She laughed in his face and raised her bat “Don’t even think about it…I will smash your head in” she said with a stern look, although, she felt like she was about to wet her pants in fear.

He turned and spit at her mother and of course he couldn’t leave without making a last comment “You fucking cheap whores.” he slammed the door behind him.

Her mother looked at her, her eyes almost shut. She grabbed a towel and wiped off the spit that had fallen on her cheek. “Mother why?” she asked, she flung her hand off her face and began to laugh “Because you fucked up our lives.”

Right away Anita began to cry, she was right I fucked up our lives, for being a drunken teenager. I had killed my father.

“Don’t give me that upset bullshit Anita…I don’t need it…you won’t make anything better like that.“ those were the words from her mouth almost every day.

She helped her to her room and laid her down. She instantly fell asleep and Anita made her way to her room.

She laid on her bed and began to drift off…How can my life change? How can I change it? I want to do everything that a normal girl can do.

Find a decent job, a good friend I can trust, fall in love…yes fall in love. That is my biggest dream…to fall in love with a beautiful man and run away far away from here. But I haven’t found him yet.
Betrayed by kevmylove
Nick sat in the uncomfortable airport lobby dozing off, it had already been two weeks since Shannon had left his side and he still felt the mass of depression in the pit of his stomach.

He awoke to the sound of AJ’s voice “Yo…man they’ve been announcing your flight for the passed five minutes your going to miss it…” Nick opened one eye, then the other. “Maybe I should come down with you guys…I mean it’s not like I have anything to do at home.”

AJ and Howie looked at him puzzled “Uh no…that isn’t a very good idea remember we have to pick up my cousin and I don’t want you to get her all depressed with your funky vibes…go home and chill. Right Howie?” AJ cleared his throat waiting for his friend to respond.

But before Howie could respond, Nick hugged him “Whatever then…you guys will be back on Monday right?” AJ hurried him towards the gate and reassured him they would be back before he could realize they were gone.

Howie sighed with relief as he saw his friend and band mate walk down the tunnel.

“That was so fucking close damn it…he is such an idiot still moping over that skank Shannon.” AJ blurted smacking his forehead in annoyance.

“God AJ don’t be such a dick…he was in love you know…that is what love will do to you. You should know that by now.” Howie threw his bag up over his shoulder and pinched AJ’s upper arm.

“Ouch what was that for?” AJ smacked Howie on the head.

“Because one, you’re an insensitive prick and two cause you actually convinced me to do this horrible thing. I can’t believe you are going to hire some girl to be your cousin…so we can take back to Nick…now that I think about it…it’s a bad idea.”

AJ stared at him straight in the eyes “Listen we have to get him back on his feet or that fool is going to commit suicide any day and if I can get him pussy whipped on some chic at least just to take that pain away. I’m going to do it…now shut up and let’s get the hell to sin city!” they both made their way to their terminal.

Nick couldn’t sleep he just doze off looking at the sun begin to hide behind what mountains were near LA…home sweet home he thought as he drifted off.

“Shannon are you here?” Nick yelled as he entered his apartment, but there was no response, he could here music playing loudly from his room. He held a bouquet of flowers and a small box in his hands. He had decided that he would give her a promise ring in symbol of their love.

He slowly opened the door, but the bed was empty and the music now sounded louder than before. But as he made his way to the bathroom, he could hear moaning. The door was slightly opened, only enough for a peak. But that peak was more than sufficient to give him a rude awakening.

Shannon was in the middle of screwing someone else up against their bathroom sink. The flowers fell to the floor as he let out a gasp, startling the couple. Shannon jumped sky high and grabbed whatever towel she could to wrap herself up.

“All this time you’ve been playing me…for how long Shannon” Nick asked trying to stay a man and not let a tear escape his eyes.


His thoughts were interrupted by a female voice asking him to please fasten his seat belt. He nodded and faked a smile, he was beginning to feel nauseated by his thoughts. He really didn’t want to think about her anymore. She wasn’t worth his thoughts.

He moved on to think about what he would do now that he was home. But in the back of his head he still didn’t understand, how AJ had a cousin and had never told anyone, now all of a sudden he was picking her up. He made his way through the tunnel and was relieved to find Mike his big bodyguard at the end.

Who would of known that a 6’2, hefty blonde guy would need someone to watch their back, you would think he could do it himself. But ever since that one time some girl was able to yank off a couple of hairs from his head…Mike goes were he goes.

“Hey man…” He shook the tall black man’s hand as they made their way through the lobby, a couple of girls stopped him here and there for pictures and autographs, he happily posed and signed. “I’m almost there to that god awful apartment Mike…not sure if I’m happy or not.” He sighed as the California sun hit his face.
Nervous feeling by kevmylove
Anita looked into the mirror inspecting her body, she had grown into a beautiful woman. She wasn’t about to give it to some ugly, old man just because they needed a couple of bucks. There were other means of getting money, like working at Taco Bell, or McDonalds.

She ran her fingers right through her long, brown and wavy hair as she sighed.

Alva on the other hand was darker, with curly hair, blue eyes and from what she could see was her mothers favorite, maybe cause she was the oldest. Unlike her sister who thought that life sucked and giving a couple of blow jobs and getting screwed through the ass was the best she could do.

Anita wanted something different, maybe learn a profession, find a loyal friend even fall in love, with a normal and nice guy.

The way she was living though, she wasn’t sure she would ever find him, what could a guy like that possibly see in a girl like her, she had nothing at this point not even dignity.

She looked out the window to her small room, she had a twin bed covered by her favorite black and white polka dotted bed sheet, a table with a white lamp and her boom box.

I’m not ready for this really, what if he wants more than to hang out…or he actually wants me to dance. I swear I’m walking out of there the minute that happens.

She was startled by Alva who stood her hands resting on her hips “Well I’m not waiting all night for you…you know!” Anita blurted “Better for me if you leave…then I don’t have to follow your footsteps…mom has lost her mind setting me up on a date with Ronald your boss…”

“Oh come on sis take one for the team…he’s done me already…he wants something new.” Alva made Anita sick to her stomach sometimes. “Your such a sick pig…he’s not coming anywhere near me or my privates…got that. I’m going on this date because mom needs me to and if I don’t she will have a fit, but other than that. Fuck you both!”

Alva giggled and pulled her sister by the arm “Come on stupid, you know once the first time is over you wont even realize how many you do.”

“It’s so weird how you talk about sex like it’s doing push ups or doing lines of coke…” the two girls hopped into Alva’s friends car and they drove out to the Crazy Horse. Anita sighed she didn’t like what she was doing, she didn’t have a good feeling about it either. What was her mother and sister up to? She was getting scared.

Finally the car pulled into the parking lot and Alva hopped out, her cheeks falling out of the tight shorts she was wearing. “God you might as well wear nothing or just underwear…” Anita nagged as her sister helped her out of the backseat.


“Excuse me who said I was wearing any…plus I happen to have a nice pair of cheeks and I’m going to show them off all I want.” Alva bent down and shook her ass in front of her sister. “Learn cause you’ll be doing that soon.” Alva and her friend walked away laughing, leaving Anita skeptical about entering the place.

I don’t want to do this…I don’t want to do this…

Her thoughts were interrupted by a laughter coming from two guys getting out of a taxi, one had shoulder length hair in a ponytail, he didn’t seem like the type to be in a place like that. Anita giggled at the nervous look on his face.

The other one on the other hand whistled and hounded like a dog as Alva and her friend passed them, he had spiky black hair and tattoos all over the place.

Anita finally reached her sister and passed the two guys “Pigs…” she mad dogged them.
Dance Baby! by kevmylove
“I love it when I’m talked dirty to.“ AJ laughed at the girl who had just called him a pig. “Don’t be so cold hearted baby.”

Howie tried not to make it obvious that he was staring at the girls ass cheeks falling out of her shorts, but they were just out there. He smiled as he heard AJ yelling at the girl who had called them pigs although the place she was entering contradicted his thoughts, she looked as nervous as he felt, although her skirt was short and all she wore was a vest as a top, she was cute and seemed innocent.

“Look at the cheeks on that one…this is a great place I can feel it already.” AJ stretched his arms out and laughed “Howie lighten up man.” he gave Howie a smack.

They entered the place it was dark and misty and soft colored lights hit the stage as a young woman exposed herself riding up and down a pole. An old eighties rock song played in the background.

“So this is the place your supposed to find a girl to take back as YOUR cousin and have Nick forget about Shannon…once again man, this is a really bad idea. I mean do you know the morals…” his words were interrupted by a young woman that leaned against him “Hey there stranger…how about a dance?” she rubbed his chest as he gulped down the nervous knot in his throat. “Uh…no thank you…maybe later.” she smiled and walked away.

AJ was tickled by the look on Howie’s face, “Man anyone that saw you right now would think that you don’t like woman…what is wrong with you.” AJ pulled in a girl that fell right on his lap and when he looked again, he noticed it was the girl with the exposed ass cheeks, of course now she was wearing way less than before.

“Hey there handsome…you’re the pig from outside” she giggled “How about a dance?”

He smiled at her naughtily “Yeah sure, come on” he walked away with the girl as they entered the room Howie just watched them disappear.

“Great now I’m alone” Howie thought to himself out loud.

Anita stood in front of Ronald the older man in charge of the place. “Hey there…I was hoping you wouldn’t leave me hanging.” he brushed his hand against her cheek as she flinched.

“So what is this all about…just tell me…I know you don‘t just want a date with me.” she crossed her arms, feeling a little underdressed.

“Fine...I'll tell you the truth…I need knew flesh Anita…and you’re the perfect one for this…just a couple of dances.” she looked away wanting to run right out of the room.

“NO!” she shouted as she tried to make her way out, he blocked the door “Anita we have two ways to do this…the good way or the bad way…please don’t make me do this the bad way…your sister was so easy to convince…”

“Yeah you said the key word EASY…” Ronald grabbed her and pulled her against him he pressed his lips against hers.

She looked away “Get off me you dirty old man…I knew this wasn’t anything good. I’m out of here.“

He grinned and let her out of the room, he immediately got on the phone “Hey give Anita all the drinks you can…that bitch will dance tonight…one way or the other.”

As Anita made her way down the hallway, she bumped into Howie “I’m so sorry about that…are you ok” she faked a smile and made her way passed him without a word.

A while later she sat at the bar, her sister approached her “Hey there skank, are you drinking?“ Alva looked at her sister a little puzzled, never had she seen Anita take a sip of alcohol. “How many drinks have you had stupid?”

“Leave me alone...you put me up to this…you want to see that I can be just like or even worse than you…” she got up and made her way to the dressing room.

As she entered she was startled to see all the half naked women crowded around a mirror, she felt kind of dizzy but shook it off, she was determined to show everyone her capabilities. She looked around a little nervous about taking off her clothes, but went ahead and asked to be announced.

Back outside AJ and Howie now sat interrogating a couple of girls including Alva who sat on AJ’s lap. “So your looking for a girl to go back to California with you…shit I will for free too.” she laughed out loud.

Howie cleared his throat “Uh I think it would be much better if we took someone that hasn’t slept with someone else from the band…that would be kind of…what’s the word…” He placed his hand on his chin “Gross” he blurted.

“Hey I hadn’t thought about that man…never mind I can’t take you back” AJ responded, with no type of remorse of what he had been doing with Alva.

Suddenly the lights went down and Anita’s name was mentioned as the song “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day began to play. “Hey…talk about a common strip song…” AJ began to chuckle, but was speechless as he saw the girl standing in the light.

Anita still saw blurry, deep down she thought it was best, she wouldn’t even dream about being on that stage if it wasn’t for her intoxication with alcohol. She giggled as she heard the men cheer her on. She finally began to dance, trying to remember the steps that the girls had taught her backstage.

AJ and Howie left the rest of the girls standing as they made their way closer to the stage, Alva right behind them "Oh my god that is my fucking baby sister."

Anita twirled on the pole as she wrapped her leg around it and made her way up and then down. The feeling of the pole against her genitals made her giggle, while she crouched down she saw the two same guys along with her sister.

She licked her lips as she stared AJ directly in the eyes her skirt rising and exposing the thong under, she hadn't been convinced to wear the G-string. She smiled widely as she saw their jaws drop to the ground.

Anita stood up and rubbed her hands all through her body and then did the unexpected she bent over right infront of AJ and Howie and shook her ass.
Paid Hoe by kevmylove
The next morning AJ and Howie sipped on coffee as the limo drove them back to California “You know she is really cute! I don’t know what she was doing in that horrible place?” Howie asked as he stared at the girl laying on the limo seat.

“What else Howie…she’s an undercover hooker…he…he…fuck that, if she can bend over like that, she belongs there. She is perfect to get Nick all worked up.” He rubbed his hands together and smiled widely. “She’s fucking perfect” they both stared at the girl fast asleep.

Anita awoke to a pounding headache and a bubbling stomach, never had she felt this way in her life, well except for that time when she tried defending her mother and just got her eye split open and was on heavy medication for the pain.

She stopped pondering and looked around and saw the two same guys from the Crazy Horse sitting right in front of her. “What the hell?“ she sat up quickly and pulled her skirt as far down as it went.

“Hey there cutie pie…Anita…right?” Howie said as he flashed her a smile, she finally realized that she was laying on a seat, in a limo, that was headed somewhere. “Are you ready for your big trip?” she looked at him more than confused, but scared.

“Uh…what do you mean trip?” she asked as she looked out the window a tear or two beginning to cloud up her eyes. “Aw look at you, your like a tamed little kitty now, when last night you were a fierce tiger…” AJ laughed as he made his comment.

“I don’t understand what the hell I’m doing here and where I’m going?” she pulled him “I need to know…now, tattoo man. So start talking.” she crossed her arms waiting for his response.

“Alright the truth is that I needed a hoe to take to one of my friends…he’s heart broken right now, quite frankly I’m tired of seeing him like that“

“Hoe then why didn’t you pick my sister instead.” she blurted as she looked at him then Howie. “Actually there were many others to choose from. Why me?”

Howie cleared his throat “Please forgive him he tends to be awfully blunt sometimes and it makes him look like an ass…” he smacked AJ on the arm as AJ shrugged and blurted “I Couldn’t bring your sister cause I fucked her in the alley.”

“Is he always such an asshole…your not the first to do that…many have been there…but you have the wrong impression of me.” Anita tried to clear up the mistaken reputation that she had built last night.…“I’m not a fucking hoe…"

AJ laughed in her face “Right and I’m a saint…listen I don’t care, hoe or not that is how you acted and unfortunately it wont be me your screwing, but Nick my close friend and band mate. I paid good money for you cause you volunteered last night to do this.”

“What you paid money to who? Why don’t I remember this…huh? You two are just fucked up in the head, seriously. Who goes to Vegas to find a poor girl to bring back home.”

The two guys looked at each other “AJ!” Howie joked as he looked back at Anita’s sour face. “Listen AJ had this crazy idea that if we could find some girl and pay her to come back with us to make Nick our band mate happy, just for a while…he would get over the depression his last girlfriend put him in.”

“So you are practically paying me to sleep with your band mate, because he’s heart broken and depressed and that bugs you…god your so shallow” she shook her head “I still don’t understand anything…and really I’m not happy about this…”

AJ crossed his arms “Well quite frankly it doesn’t matter what the hell you want or if your happy. Your doing this cause I left half the money to your sister. So your going to be my cousin from Vegas…and you don’t live in a trailer and have a trashy mother and sister. Ok”

Anita was offended although at times she hated her mother and sister, they were still all she had, she leaned over and smacked AJ across the head hard. “Don’t you ever talk about my family or my life again…you asshole, you know nothing about me.” she sat back down, crossed her arms and looked out the window the rest of the way back.
Comfortable by kevmylove
Nick sat looking at his watch, he was anxious to see the guys and to meet AJ’s cousin, maybe she would be cute and sweet. He smiled as he imagined liking someone again, having that familiar flutter in his stomach.

“Got my bags, my toothbrush, my lucky underwear. Oh shit my guitar I almost forgot it.” He walked over to the closet and took out an old guitar that his best friend and band mate Brian had given him for one of his birthdays. “Damn that would of sucked if I forgot you…I mean not much to do at AJ’s.”

Suddenly there was a honk, Nick’s stomach twirled with eagerness he put the guitar to the side and ran outside to meet his friends. He watched as Howie fixed his hair stepping out of the car “It was about time you guys got back.” he embraced him.

“Yeah and we are so tired.” Howie said as he returned the pat on the back. AJ crept out of the limo lowering his sunglasses to get a glimpse of Nick “Dude you look like shit! I thought time alone would help you recover” he smiled, as Nick looked around for the girl.

“Well being alone only makes you think more than you would like to you know.” Nick scratched his head, trying to ignore the question repeating in his head. “I know what your looking for Anita…my cousin, but she is going to meet us at the house she had to stop by the store and get some stuff she forgot. But I see you’ve got all you need.” All three looked at the four suitcases and guitar on the porch.

“I need to be prepared guys...about your cousin...just curious to see what your dad’s side of the family looks like.” Nick shrugged as the guys helped him with his bags. “So what does she look like Howie…is she pretty…or so…so!”

Howie thought for a minute and a broad smile crawled across his face “Between me and you, she is the cutest thing, long, wavy brown hair, nice plump lips, with sad hazel eyes. She is small but has a nice big bottom.” He suddenly realized he was remembering the dance and covered his mouth “Yeah…” he smiled again.

“Damn sounds like you took a good glimpse at her Howie….” Nick laughed as he smacked Howie on the back. “So anyways what did you guys do out there?” the guys looked at each other as they hopped into the limo.

“Oh just hit some strip clubs, gamble a little and drink…you know…the saying Nick…what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” AJ patted Nick on the back with an evil smirk on his face.

Anita sat on the bed and wiped the tear that ran down her face What have I gotten myself into? This really sucks, I’m not a hoe…I can’t even dance. she looked around the room, although she didn’t like her situation, the place was beautiful and worse comfortable.

She had a full bed with a nice white bed spread, a nice black lamp slouched over the night stand. There was a great big window with no curtain that let the sun shine through. She smiled, this place was bigger than the hole trailer she had lived in for the past four months. She laid back on the bed, but was startled by the slamming of car doors and manly voices.

As she stood up to head downstairs a young woman came waltzing into her room “Hi there I’m Casey…AJ’s on and off girlfriend. He told me you were coming down.” she giggled annoyingly “That you forgot your bags and needed some stuff. Now I just went on tour and got lots of things that I will not be using ever again. Here there are two bags.”

Although Anita was excited about the two bags fool of shoes, purses, and clothes, she didn’t want to show her, that excited her. “Oh yeah thanks it’s really nice of you.” Anita faked a smile as she moved the bags to the side. “I’ll look thought them later.”

Casey giggled again “Silly he wanted you to change before you go downstairs and meet Nick. He told me he brought you specifically to make him company. that’s really nice of him.” Anita shook her head in disgust, she wondered if he had also told her that he paid her money.

“Well then in that case I will meet you guys downstairs…” Anita mumbled as she took a seat and rummaged through the bag, still feeling Casey’s eyes on her “Good bye!” she waved as Casey got the point and closed the door.

“Oh my god talk about annoying…so he has a girlfreind what a dog. Well lets see what the hell is in here.” she took out a shirt that was nothing but strings, she looked at it and giggled “What the hell is this.” she laughed as she stuffed it back in the bag. “Now this is nice” she found a t-shirt that had a big red heart. She took off her shirt right away and slipped it on.

Anita had still been wearing the vest and the short skirt from the night before. She looked at herself in the mirror, “Seriously this is wrong…so wrong…I’m a hooker…” she became a little glum, this was not a good start to that life she had been thinking about a couple of nights ago.

Nick placed his bags on the floor and looked around the house, it was fool of antiques and weird things. “Your fucking weird man…not like you need any of this shit” Nick playfully punched AJ, who returned the punch with a comment “Well I like sophistication you know.” AJ laughed as he was embraced by Casey. “Hey there baby…did you give that stuff to my cousin.”

“Of course mission accomplished, although she didn’t seem to happy about it. Most girls would have had a heart attack right then and there.” Casey kissed AJ and then hugged him again. “But she is really cute, although she is a spunky one.” she giggled.

Howie sat on the sofa already falling asleep, his head swayed from one side to another as the others chuckled watching him. Nick crept up and clapped his hands together as he stood right next to his ear, Howie jumped sky high and whacked Nick on the arm hard. “You ass!”

They all laughed, but were startled by Anita who almost whispered a “HI” as she stood on the stairs. They all turned to look at her, Nick smiled as he saw her gleaming face. “Hey cuz” AJ interrupted her moment as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder “I want you to meet Nick…Nick Carter” they stood face to face.
Could it be... by kevmylove
Nick broke the silence “It’s really nice to meet you” he smiled, Anita snapped out of her trance and shook his hand and smiled back “So what’s it like to be related to this idiot” Nick giggled as he playfully punched AJ, who was as startled as Anita by his question.

She looked around the room as they all stared at her waiting for her answer It’s horrible…he’s a big asshole! “Uh it’s great, he’s a real nice guy, but I’m just getting to know him.” she glared at AJ, he knew deep down that she was cursing him up and down while she said, what she said.

“Well I would really appreciate it if you took my cousin out for a stroll tonight, I don’t know Malibu or even better Santa Monica so they can mob you.” AJ laughed out loud as Casey smacked him on the arm. “What? It was just a joke!” he rubbed his arm “That shit hurt! Well anyways can you do that or not?”

Nick looked at Anita “Well did you even ask her if she wants to go? Anita did you want to come?” she smiled gracefully “Sure I would love to Nick! I’ll go get ready.” she ran up the stairs as she left them standing in the living room.

“She is really nice man, and pretty. How is she related to you again?” Nick chuckled “Ha…ha…very funny, you dumb ass! Now take my cousin out for a stroll, but don’t try to get frisky with her so quick.” Nick pondered for a second “She doesn’t look like that type of girl.”

AJ began to walk away and mumbled “You’d be surprised” but Nick didn’t hear him.

Anita rummaged through the bag again trying to find something that she could wear, she wasn’t sure what to wear. Never had she been to a beach before, or even worse out with a guy alone. Although back in Vegas her mother and sister where whores, she had never even came close to kissing a guy.

Alright now calm down take a deep breath…your only going for a walk…nothing is going to happen because you’re a nobody and he is a…hum what the hell do these guys do? she continued to look at the mirror as a smile broke across her face “Nick…Nick Carter…maybe he is the one.”

She was startled by the familiar giggles “Hey there just came to see if everything is ok? I heard you lived in Vegas so you have probably never been to the beach before.” Anita nodded “No I haven’t…I’ve seen it on TV and well books and movies. It must be beautiful, but to tell you the truth I’m more nervous about being with Nick alone.”

“Don’t be silly, from what I know. Nick is a gentleman and recently he got his heart broken so I don’t’ think he will try anything funny. “ Anita’s hopes flushed down to her feet and allover the floor. That wasn’t exactly what she wanted to hear.

“Look you should really wear this pretty dress, it will fit you perfect.” Casey waited for Anita to strip down and throw on the dress, but Anita looked at her questionably. “Well don’t pretend to be shy we have the same parts…just put it on I want to see it.” as embarrassed and uncomfortable as she was, she obeyed the red head.

“Wow” was all that escaped AJ’s mouth as he saw his pretend cousin come down in a beige summer dress and sandals. “Look at you, you clean up well” he smiled at her as she blushed and thanked him for his compliment.

Nick came waltzing down the stairs and froze as he looked at Anita’s brown curls, she smiled never had she felt this good, this nice and pretty. “You look great!” he complimented her as they headed out the door.
Splashing Fun by kevmylove
The Lincoln pulled into the parking as Anita stuck her head out the window and took a whiff of the misty, sticky and salty air. “Wow this is what the beach smells like” she laughed as she sat back down and looked at Nick, who was amused with her excitement.

“Well come on you’ve got lots more to see.” He took her hand and helped her out of the car “So I thought we would go to dinner first and then take a walk. What do you think?”

Anita smiled broadly and nodded “That sounds great Nick. Just one thing we aren’t’ going to a fancy place are we? It’s just that those places make me nervous.” she shivered as they made their way up the stairs to the pier.

He laughed as he took her arm into his “Well it’s fancy, but not that bad. It’s a Mexican restaurant at the end of the pier. Come on” But Anita came to a halt as she stared at the pier “Oh hell now…that is over the water, what if we fall in or what if this thing falls off…seriously. Who makes something like this.”

Nick was intrigued by her modesty and chuckled “Come on your with me, I’ll save you if something happens.” she smiled, it seemed to be all she could do every time she looked into his blue eyes.

They made their way down the pier and into the restaurant.

They were seated right away and everyone seemed to be staring at them, Anita moved from one side to the other in discomfort. Nick noticed and gave her a grin “Don’t worry it’s definitely not you. It’s me…that’s what happens when a Backstreet Boy wants to have a decent meal. So tell me about yourself.”

Oh god this is the part where I start to lie…and tell him I live in a nice home…well I can just pretend to still have my old life.

“I live in Summerlin with my sister and my mom.” he took a sip of his beer “Oh so you have a sister? Why didn’t she come with you?” These questions are going to get harder…I better scarf down my food so we can get out of here.

“She didn’t come, cause she had to work.” I’m off the spot…that was a close one.

He nodded “I see…what does she do? How about your mom and dad?” she cleared her throat as she looked around the restaurant for some help. “Uh…well my sister works at…” she paused trying to scan decent places to work in Las Vegas. “She’s an usher for the shows at Mandalay Bay.”

“No way that is crazy…we were there a few years ago. Shoot I probably saw her and didn’t’ even notice. How about your mother?” he took another sip of his beer.

“Oh my mom…she stays at home right now. As for my father he passed away about six months ago.” her eyes became glossy as she remembered her father and that fateful day.

“Oh sorry didn’t mean to get you upset, just want to get to know you. So lets change the subject. What about AJ? How are you guys related.” Oh fuck! I wonder what AJ said, what if I answer wrong…I could say through my dad…God! Help me! Think Anita…think

“Hey are we done I really can’t wait to get my feet in the sand.” Anita changed the subject instantly. Nick paid the bill and they headed back down the pier, she held onto his arm tightly as she looked around admiring the beautiful view and how endless the beach was.

As they reached the sand, Nick began to remove his shoes and socks, as Anita stared at him. “What are you doing?” she asked a little puzzled as she shivered again.

“Well it’s not really comfortable to walk in the sand with your shoes on. But you can try if you really want to.” he began for the water, she just stood there a little nervous about putting her feet in the sand, hell no was she taking off her shoes.

She reached him and they walked next to each other, all of a sudden Anita fell face first into the sand, “Holy shit are you ok?” Nick helped her back up to her feet.

As embarrassed as she was, the laughter was choking her “Oh my god your right, it’s hard to walk with shoes on.” they both laughed as she also removed her shoes and they both ran towards the beach.

“It’s cold.” she shouted as the water splashed at her feet “No that is nothing come on let me show you what cold is?” Nick pulled her closer to the water, they stood next to each other as the wave tackled them both down.

They laughed and played with the water as the waves came and went. Anita felt like freezing that moment, for the first time in her life, she was having decent fun.

“So do you have a boyfriend back in Vegas?“ Nick asked as they waited for what they could make out as a wave in the distance. She blushed, luckily he couldn’t tell how nervous he made her feel.

“No I don’t and I’m ok that way. How about…“ before she could finish, she remembered that Casey had mentioned his heart being broken and she sure didn’t want to open that can of worms. But before she could rephrase herself he had caught the question.

“No not anymore…she cheated on me and I hate her. I don’t believe in loving anyone ever again. Women can really be cruel.“ he stated bitterly, but before Anita could answer, a wave came tumbling right over them, making her fall right onto him.

They stared at each other, his dreamy blue eyes made her float off, all she would of liked was for him to lean in and give her, her first real kiss. They became so quiet all that could be heard were the voices in the distance and the waves colliding with one another.

As Nick brought up his head to lean in, another wave came through, knocking Anita right off of him, killing the whole moment. She was disappointed as he decided that it was late and time to go home now. The way back was quiet and somewhat uncomfortable she was kicking herself for even bringing up the old girlfriend.

Finally they were home, she was so beat her back ached “Well I had a great time Nick, thanks a lot for the outing.” she smiled and kissed him on the cheek, before he could answer she dashed to her room.

Nick stood his mind plagued with the thought of Shannon, he found himself thinking if Anita was trustworthy, he had to admit she had been lots of fun and he had almost kissed her, if it wouldn’t have been for that damn wave. “Just go to bed Nick” he told himself out loud and headed to bed.
Long Day by kevmylove
The next morning Anita was awakened by her head bouncing up and down on her pillow, as she opened her eyes slowly she could see AJ’s stupid smile as he jumped on the bed. “Wake up woman…I need to know what the hell happened last night!” he continued to jump on the bed.

“AJ Mclean you are not waking me up at eight o’clock in the morning just to ask me what the hell happened on my date…or outing I should call it.” she sat up as she covered herself up, although she had left pretty much nothing to AJ’s imagination, she was still shy around him.

“Well come on, did you guys get it on? On the beach. Just one thing, sand is not a lubricant…believe me I know!” she couldn’t help but giggle, although she was bothered by his question, which reminded her of the truth.

“AJ did you have to kill it for me…no he didn’t fuck me yet. I couldn’t even get him to kiss me…I think he’s scared.” she shrugged.

AJ laughed out loud “Please that fool scared hell no…you know he used to be the second P.I.M.P from the band. You’ve got to be kidding me…maybe he can’t get it up after Shannon left him,…you know that can happen. Due to depression or stress.”

Anita shook her head “Let me guess…you should know!” AJ wrinkled his nose in confusion. What an asshole, thank god I’m not really related to this piece of shit “I’m sorry but AJ you’re a shit head and get the hell out of my room. You’re a pig…” she threw a pillow at him as he stood by the door.

He kept his head in “Hey just one more thing…listen if the fucker can’t do it, I would be more than happy to do it for him.” Anita threw another pillow at him as she yelled at the top of her lungs “Asshole!”

She sat thinking, although she joked with AJ unwillingly about the whole situation. She wasn’t very happy about it, when and if Nick found out that his closest friends had bought a girl to fuck around with, he would be more than upset. It’s barely my second day and I‘m having doubts about this. My life sucks. Anita was so depressed she fell back asleep.

When she woke up and got dressed, she was excited to see what the day had in store for her, but when she walked out into the living room, not a soul was in site. She looked all through the house and found nothing but the butler “Where is everyone?” she asked a little concerned.

He smiled “Oh it’s Tuesday Anita, meetings, interviews, you name it…they’ve got it.” she shook her head a little confused.

“You know they are the Backstreet Boys…well not so much anymore…they are working on coming back, but I don’t know if that is going to happen…after Kevin the oldest left, they lost momentum.”

She sighed heavily, she had heard of them before, but never really paid attention, there was to much shit going on in her life to stop and listen to a boy band. “Wow I’m living in the house of some famous guys…” she thought out loud.

“Well luckily for you, you can say your staying with your famous cousin…” he patted her back and exited the kitchen. Damn it I forget that idiot is related to me…this is getting complicated. What do I do in the meantime?

After a couple of hours of watching TV and a lot of thinking she decided on what to do around the house, there were many things, but nothing seemed exciting without the guys. She chose to take a swim, it would be a while before anyone came and it was already getting late, the sun was beginning to hide again, and it was still warm out.

She stripped down to her underwear and bra and hopped into the pool. The feeling of the cold water on her bare skin, gave her a chill. But she swam around her eyes closed and nothing in the world could bother her…it was quiet and peaceful.

As she came up from under to get a breath of air a voice startled her making her swallow some water “Hey there…” there he stood his blonde locks all spiked up his jeans and shirt loosely fit, his blue eye dreamy and his smile like fire making her melt in the water.

Quickly a smile broke across her face “Hi there…missed you guys…it was so boring.” she seemed to forget that she was in nothing but her undergarments, but Nick was quick to remind her “Nice bra!” he smiled wickedly as she wrapped one arm around her chest and with the other she covered her crotch.

“Oh my god! Turn around so I can get out!” Luckily, because of the lighting he couldn’t tell that she was as red as a tomato. He stood as if he didn’t understand her request “Well turn around…come on!” she motioned him to turn around and finally he obeyed.

As she slipped on her shirt and pulled up her pants, he turned to get a glimpse of her, but Anita caught him “I saw that Nick Carter…”

He laughed as he pulled her in for a hug “Sorry it was tempting. So what did you do today?” they made their way into the house for dinner. “Not a damn thing…it’s boring…”

They took a seat with Howie and AJ “Hi guys how was work?” she asked as they served her dinner.

“Shit!” AJ said as he stuffed a piece of meat in his mouth “Interviews suck and meetings are fucking boring. I saw you swimming out there in your under…” she cut him off with a kick on the leg.

“Shut up! I didn’t know you guys would be back so soon.” she blushed a little sending a giggling frenzy around the table, which she ended up joining too.

After their rather interesting dinner and conversation they decided to get a game of pool going Nick and Anita against AJ and Howie. Before they knew it, Howie and AJ had beat them twice and it was late and time for bed.

Everyone said their good nights and headed to bed. Anita made her way into her room, but her door was stopped by Nicks foot “Hey…”

She looked at him startled “What’s up Nick. Is everything ok?” she asked with a sympathetic look on her face.

He smiled at her “Actually I was going to ask you the same thing. Things seem kind of odd with you and AJ…everything ok with you guys, I mean I know you don’t really know each other and he can really be an asshole, but it gets easier.”

If only he knew that the relative connection just wasn’t there, she wanted to strangle him most of the times and she hated all the stupid and perverted comments that came out of his mouth. “No…everything is fine…well there is something that I feel I should tell you…”

Suddenly there was a honk “Oh shit…listen can you please tell me tomorrow, my ride is here…I would of invited you but it’s just some of my guy friends…see ya tomorrow. Don’t get jealous but we are headed to a strip joint.” he laughed and commented “Going to see some hoes”

Anita’s stomach flipped as he made the joke… “I’ll try not to be…have fun.” She closed the door and threw herself on the bed, maybe it was best if she just packed her things and left, but deep down she needed the money and she had started to like him.
First kiss by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long wait...WRITERS BLOCK has attacked me...hope you like...
Before Nick could realize it the week was over and he was more than intrigued with Anita, she was different than the rest of the girls, he felt comfortable around her and she was so down to earth. AJ smacked him out of his trance “What the fuck are you dazed off about?” he laughed as he took a puff of his cigarette.

“It’s your cousin, I really like her, but I don’t know how to make a move you know. I don’t want to offend her.” AJ choked on his cigarette as Nick looked at him a little confused “Man she doesn’t give a shit if you make a move or not, she is leaving soon dude. Just hit it and get it over with.” Nick stared at him dumb founded.

“Your serious this is your cousin we are talking about, don’t you give a shit about her?” AJ rolled his eyes, for a second he stood thinking of what an idiot Nick was for falling for a girl he had paid, how could he not see the bad vibes between him and Anita. “Of course I care, but she is like that you know, I can’t change her.”

Nick rolled his eyes “You’re an asshole that is what you are AJ, you think all woman are bitches…well I know she isn't like that...anyways I have a surprise for her tonight…” AJ laughed “You’re a dick AJ! Come on lets wrap this shit up” Nick smacked him on the shoulder as they entered the studio.

Back at the house Anita sat on the side of the pool her feet in the water, she couldn’t stop thinking of Nick and how nice he had been the whole week, he had taken her for a stroll on the beach, to a bar to watch a cover band, they had just hung out playing video games and the last thing he had done was take her to Sea World, that day was a blast, besides all the paparazzi all over the place, all the teeny boppers asking for his autograph. She smiled at the memory, he was perfect, just what she had been wishing for.

I should tell him tonight about this whole thing, if I tell him he will understand. Right? Oh god Anita what have you gotten yourself into. You didn’t come to fall in love…you came to fuck someone and go home. God that sounds horrible. This isn’t you!

Her thoughts were startled by the voices of all three guys coming through the door, she smiled as she caught a gilmpse of Nick’s blue eyes looking at her. “Hey there” he greeted her as he took a seat next to her. “Listen I have a surprise for you…so how about you get ready…don’t forget a sweater.”

Anita instantly jumped up “A surprise…another one?” she kissed his cheek and headed to her room to get ready. Luckily Casey had taken the time to go out shopping for some clothes that were of her taste. She looked into the same mirror that she had grown fond of This is it…I’m telling him tonight…I can’t change my mind. I will be truthful for once.

A couple of hours later they were heading to their surprise destination, she sat quietly trying to work out the way she would let him know. A hand on her leg, made her jump out of her trance “Everything ok? You seem a little jumpy and worried today?” she smiled at him as he smiled back.

“Nick…there is something that I need to tell you…it’s really important for me to get it out in the open.” she turned to face him and as she opened her mouth to say the words she had recited the whole drive there. “I don’t’ know how to tell you this…” but her words were cut off.

“Mr. Carter we are here sir.” the chauffer announced as they came to a stop.

“Alright we will talk in a little bit, there is something that I have to tell you too.” he held her hand as he stepped out and then helped her out. She looked around, people were walking all over the place, she saw a building with round roofs. “Tada…it’s the observatory so that you can get a look at LA from a different angle.” he pulled her towards the benches.

She peered over the wall all she could see were lights, it was beautiful. “So do you like it?” he asked as he stared at her, she turned to look at him and embraced him tight “It’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.” she smiled widely as her eyes became watery.

“Nick I really have to tell you something that I need to…no…have to get off my chest…” she looked at him, he was still grinning.

“I know what your going to tell me, so let me go first…ok…” they looked at each other face to face as they stood against the wall. “Ever since I met you, everything has changed for me, I was in such a depressive state of mind. I just couldn’t function and then AJ brought you down and my whole life has just done a 360 it’s crazy.” he wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans “So I just want to say that I…” Oh my god no…I can’t let him say it…I can’t…no but I want him to.

“Anita I think I’m falling in love with you…your so different from all the others…your honest, down to earth, sincere.” before he could finish he had pressed his lips against hers and it felt so nice that she wrapped her arms around his neck. After what seemed a beautiful eternity, they parted and all she could do was blush and smile. My first real kiss…

“So what were you going to say?” he stood there waiting for her to answer, as she thought long and hard if she should ruin such a nice moment. “Something around what you just said…” she lied, but it was an innocent lie. She would tell him soon, just not tonight.

The rest of the evening was spent looking around the famous Observatory, looking at the stars and all the gadgets and interesting things inside. Before they knew it, it was time to head back to the house, before they got into the car, Nick let her have another long, passionate kiss, that sent her dreaming the rest of the way home.

She was exhausted and just wanted to think of the great night she had just had. Nothing could ruin her good mood, or did she think ahead of herself. Quickly after she entered her room, there was a knock at the door, both Howie and AJ standing there anxious to know what had happened.

She was so excited that she pulled them both into the room and took a seat “You guys wont believe what happened tonight?“ they both looked at her expectant. “We kissed three times and it was great.” she smiled as she remembered his lips against hers.

“Snap the fuck out of it…a kiss is nothing Anita…I need you to fuck the shit out of him…hello…you know this isn’t fucking Pretty Woman. Hell, at least she gave the asshole a blow job…or more than that it was so long ago I don’t remember.”

“AJ don’t’ be such a dick man, so she kissed him, she doesn’t have to have relations with him you know…all you wanted was for him to like her and forget Shannon what is the big deal?” He smacked AJ on the head “Now can you please be more polite. Sorry about that Anita, but this idiot probably hasn’t gotten laid himself.”

“I’m not going to sleep with him AJ…I really like him and he likes me…what is so wrong about that isn’t that what you wanted from me.” her eyes began to water, she felt so cheap.

“No, that isn’t’ enough, he can't stay with you cause your not the type of girl for him. Now you better do what you promised to do, or I wont give you the rest of the money…I should of brought your sister…she would fuck the shit out of him and me on the side.” he began to laugh as he exited the room.

Now Anita was in tears, she hated the situation she had gotten herself in, “It’s going to be ok Anita, if Nick likes you. There is nothing that AJ can do, that guy is just used to the attention being all on him. It will be ok?” he patted her shoulder as he made his way out the door.

“It wont be ok…he will hate me…” she told herself.
Emotions by kevmylove
The following morning, Anita woke up and decided that she would get dressed and give AJ a piece of her mind. She was tired of being treated like a cheap whore…anyways five thousand dollars wasn’t cheap.

She put on her jean skirt, pulled her shirt over her head, slipped into her flip flops and headed out to see him. As she stepped out of her room, she bumped into Howie, whom was all dressed up “Good morning Howie! Why are you all dressed up so early?” she asked.

“Oh AJ, Casey and I are heading out to the beach house for a couple of days, his idea of leaving you and Nick alone.” he shrugged “He’s in the studio. Maybe you should just put a stop to this Anita” he patted her on the back.

She began walking away “That is what I intend to do.” she passed Casey who was busy in the kitchen and headed down to he basement where the studio was located. AJ looked up as he saw her coming through the door “AJ! I have to talk to you.” she shouted.

He smiled, “Yes sweetheart…what the hell do you want?” he asked as he turned his whole body towards her. “By the way I am taking Howie and Casey to the beach house, to give you time alone. I excpect you to do what you came to do.”

She sighed heavily “AJ I told you already that I’m not going to push Nick to sleep with me, I like him…please don’t do this.” she placed her hands on her hips as she glared at him.

He laughed and pulled her in towards him, then he wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned her against the audio mixer as he looked into her eyes. “Anita…your not the type of girl for Nick…come on…I picked you up at a strip joint in Vegas, your sister fucked me after ten minutes of knowing her…and you said YES to coming down here and doing this…now you can’t change that and now pretend to be Miss goodie two shoes. Cause your definately not.”

Her eyes began to water, he just kept making her cheaper and cheaper all that he had just said was true. “I know…but you took advantage of me being drunk, I never would of said no to something like this. All I want is a change in my life. Damn it AJ let go of me.”

But instead of letting go of her he pressed against her harder and scooted in between her legs, “Anita…I always get what I want…and I want you to fuck Nick…not love him…or make him love you…ok! Now if you don’t do it by the time I come back on Tuesday, I will make sure to do it for him. I have to get my moneys worth if he doesn’t.” he rubbed his hand up and down her thigh.

The mixers knobs were pressing into her backside as she felt him getting aroused, she was being violated. “Get off of me…” she pushed him away, but he didn’t budge.

Meanwhile Casey had become pretty curious about Anita storming down the studio, she wanted to make sure that everything was ok between the cousins. She crept up to the door, but her mouth dropped wide open as she saw AJ kissing Anita. She couldn’t understand what the hell was going on.

How could two cousins do such a thing.

Nick sat dazed as his brother Aaron rambled on and on about his new album. “Are you listening to me?” he smacked him on the head “I’ve been talking for the past five minutes and all you can do is smile like an idiot.”

Nick continued to smile “It’s just that just thinking about her makes me smile.”

Aaron looked at him a little confused “Who? Oh you got yourself a new lay huh…god bro your such a pimp.” Aaron playfully smacked him as he bellowed with laughter. But Nick turned to look at him quickly with a serious look.

“No, she is different…she’s sweet and simple. Plus she likes me for me…not because I’m Nick Carter…I think she didn’t even know that I was a Backstreet Boy…she is AJ’s cousin. You have to meet her, well you probably will at the next party we are having.” Nick continued to spill all his happiness to his brother.

Casey was on the verge of tears as she continued her business in the kitchen, she was confused on how to act or what to say once she saw them. She didn’t know if she should ask if something was wrong, it didn’t seem to be, they were plainly kissing and all up on each other. She saw it with her own eyes.

Anita ran past Casey again and without a word she slammed the door to her room. She threw herself on the bed and began to sob. I can’t believe this…I want to go home…no, I don’t want to go home. Maybe I should just leave here and go somewhere else. But if I do I will never see Nick again. Come on Anita think…Fucking AJ…I hate him…I hate him. Over my dead body will I screw his skinny ass!

Nick entered the house, he was startled by the silence that filled it, no sign of either one of the guys and neither one of the girls were in the pool. “Anita! Howie! AJ! Anybody home?” he headed down to the studio, but it was empty, he checked in each of the guys rooms. But no one was there.

“Nick” Anita whispered as she sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. As she looked up she saw him standing at the door, instantly she ran to him and hugged him tight. “Don’t let go of me.” she asked as she squeezed him tight.

He was a little surprised by the welcome and held her head up by the chin “Is everything ok?”

She wanted to cry, just looking into his blue eyes made her legs weak, not to mention that the sensation of his body against hers made her shiver. “It’s just that I will be going home soon, and I will probably never see you again…and that keeps…”

He pressed his finger against her lips “Don’t say that…I’m going to be here for you always…plus your not leaving tomorrow…so we still have time to share. Listen were are the guys?” the thought of AJ made her stomach churn and the taste of his forceful lips came back to her.

“They left…to the beach house for a day or two…I heard them say they would be back on Tuesday.” she walked back to her bed, “So what are we doing tonight?” she asked as she took a seat on her bed.

He smiled “How about we…watch the stars outside? Come on” she took his hand and they headed outside.
Love me by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
*BLUSHES* Although this is not really vivid...I'm shy about parts like this...but please feel free to let me know if I should add or take something away. Thank you guys so much for keeping up with the story!!!!
Nick laid a blanket on the grass and they both climbed on and laid side by side, their hands nestled behind their heads. Anita sighed as she took a glimpse of Nick staring off into space. This moment was perfect, she was next to him, the stars twinkled happily, there was a nice breeze in the air and the crickets were serenading in the background.

“They are beautiful aren’t they. You know in Vegas…” she flopped onto her stomach as Nick joined her “Although there are lots of lights out there…the stars twinkle just as nice as they do here…” she suddenly remembered that in a couple of days, she would be back to her old life.

He smiled as he stared at her, “Anita don’t leave” he whispered as he leaned in and kissed her, his lips taking over hers made her get goose bumps, she felt tingles in places she never had before. He slowly rolled back on to his back, never letting her lips go, she nestled her chest on to his and they continued to kiss.

“I can’t do this!” she pulled away and ran into the house, he was startled by her reaction and ran after her.

“Anita wait…what is going on?” he entered the room to find her sitting on the bed, her face covered by her hands, low sobs escaped her. He kneeled down in front of her and removed her hands gently from her face. “What is wrong? You can tell me”

She looked at him her eyes red from crying “It’s just that there is something that I really want to tell you and I don’t know how to.” Anita knew that if she told him now, that would be the end of it all, he would angry and she would be going home sooner than expected.

He smiled as he looked into her eyes “Oh come on Anita just say it, is there something wrong? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to put you in a uncomfortable position.” he caressed her hair gently.

“No, it’s not that…listen I need to tell you that…I…” she looked around the room, trying to search her brain for the right way to tell him, if there was a right way. “I need to tell you that…” she looked into his waiting blue eyes and then it shot her, the butterflies in her stomach, the tingle that was still lingering in her body. “I’m falling in love with you Nick.” silence filled the room.

His silence was making her uneasy, she stood up and sat on the other side of the bed, her back to him. Now she was embarrassed of her actions. “You could at least say something.” she continued to look down, in the pit of her stomach fear had nestled in, she wasn’t sure what he was going to say.

Nick sat behind her “I’m sorry you kind of caught me off guard there. I feel the same way about you Anita.” he hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek.

She swiftly turned around and hugged him tight, he squeezed her back, she pulled away and looked at him in the eyes and kissed him, this time the kiss was more passionate as her hands caressed his face and his were rubbing up and down her back, the tingling in her body was back.

His lips moved on to her neck and down to her shoulders, she shuttered at his touch, no one had ever kissed her this way. “It’s ok…” he smiled as he slipped her shirt over her head, as she began to unbutton his shirt slowly.
Quickly her instinct was to cover herself up, but he removed her hands and laid her softly on the bed. He continued to kiss her down to her belly button, she shyly brought him back up to her lips, his hands caressing every inch of her body.

She liked the warmth of his body against hers, she could feel his manhood ready for her. Before she knew it he was inside and although it was uncomfortable it was fulfilling and with the motions the pain faded into bliss.

Later that evening she woke to his arms around her, their bodies still bare. She sat up and looked around the room, the light of the new day was starting to come through her balcony window. This is it…did I do it for myself or because I’m afraid of what AJ is capable of? No, I did it because I’m in love for the first fucking time in my miserable life I love someone. What will happen when I leave? Will he forget me? God I’m stupid why worry about this now. I have him here with me now.

Anita turned to look at Nick, he was fast asleep, his bare chest moved up and down with each exhale. She curled up next to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, he felt her warmth against him, he instinctly returned the gesture. Why worry about tomorrow, when I have today
She knows by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I know this one is short, but I'm still thinking on where I'm going with it...I hope you continue to read and have patience with me...with my two girls and another on the way...time is precious!! Thanks!

The following morning AJ awoke to the sound of the shower, Casey was busy humming to herself, so he thought he would slip in. But as soon as she saw him standing there she jumped out and wrapped a towel around her and made her way back to the bed, AJ was startled.

She sat on the bed water drops nestled on her shoulder “What the hell is your problem?” AJ asked as he wrapped a towel around his waist. “Are you ok, you look like you’ve been crying.”

Casey looked away, she didn’t know if she should mention what was bothering her “Uh…it’s just that…I saw you.” she began to cry instantly, the thought of AJ with his own cousin broke her heart. “I saw you with Anita…you were kissing her in the studio. Your were in between her legs.”

Oh shit get yourself out of this one AJ Mclean, come on your good at lies. “Oh come on, you were seeing things.” he smiled crookedly.

She flung a pillow at him “I’m not an idiot AJ. What the hell are you doing with your cousin?”

If I tell her, she is going to give us up…but if I don’t then she is going to hate me forever…well sacrificing Anita doesn’t bother me. She only has about five more days…

“I’m waiting” Casey shouted, waking AJ from his daze.

“Right…” he sighed heavily “I’ll tell you the truth, but you have to promise that you will keep your mouth shut.” he took a seat next to his girlfriend, who scooted away from him.

Anita opened her eyes to find Nick standing in front of her a tray in hand. “Hey there…thought I would bring you breakfast in bed.” she smiled, no one had ever done such a nice gesture for her “So come on, sit up.”

She sat up and sat the tray on her knees “Thank you” she grinned as she took a sip of the cup of orange juice. “This is so nice of you…aren’t you going to eat with me?”

He titled his head to the side and smiled “Sure why not…”

They began to eat and talk about the days ahead of them.

Meanwhile, Casey had her mouth wide open, she couldn’t believe what AJ was telling her “So you mean to tell me, that you hired a prostitute to sleep with poor Nick…are you crazy! What if she has something…I mean, that is dirty. How low…AJ”

AJ hadn’t stopped to think about all those things, “I didn’t think about that…when I did it…” he now wrapped his arm around her shoulder “Come on Casey, we’ve been together for a while now, I wouldn’t cheat on you.”

“But I don’t understand what the hell you were doing kissing her. If you have nothing to do with her I want you to tell Nick when we get home about her and how she is faking it all for her five thousand dollars…she‘s a liar…she‘s a whore.” Casey stood up and placed her hands on her hip.

“Wow this place is beautiful, I’ve never been to a place this fancy before. You can see it all.” Anita stretched out her arms as she stood on the balcony looking over San Diego.

Nick suddenly spun her around and began to kiss her “So did you think about not going home” she smiled, that was all she could think about, of course besides him.

“I don’t want to go home, Nick, but something tells me that I have to.” she frowned as she saw the smile wipe off his face, he stepped out on the balcony and leaned his back against the wall. “I’m sorry, it’s just that…I can’t just forget about my life you know.”

“But that means I only have a couple of days left to be with you…what will happen after that?” he held her by the waist as she leaned her body against his and placed her head on his chest. “I want to see you again…”

She smiled and then it clicked that once she went back home he wouldn’t be able to see her, not in her normal life. “Uh…well I can always come down and visit you…anyways once I leave you’ll forget me”

He squeezed her tight “There is no way that can happen.”

She looked up at him as he gave her a smile, If you find out about me…I will never see you again.

Trapped in a Lie by kevmylove
Wednesday afternoon, the threesome came strolling through the door, interrupting Nick and Anita’s make out session. “Hey about time you guys decided to grace us with your presence.” Nick laughed as he licked his lips.

Casey didn’t say a word and looked at the twosome sitting on the couch up and down. She continued her way down the hall.

“Sorry about her she has PMS, so I see the time to yourselves has brought you closer…” AJ gave Anita a smirk as she bowed her head slightly embarrassed.
Nick put his arm around her and squeezed her against him “As a matter of fact yes…it has.” he turned to look at her as she forced a smile, then looked at the two men standing dumbly in front of her. She knew they were thinking the worst, but at the moment it didn’t’ really matter, her time was up in a couple of days.

For the next two days things were great between Nick and her, they laughed, kissed, went out, and showed their affection for each other every night. Casey on the other hand hadn’t spoken a word to her and that concerned her.

It was Friday night and the guys had planned a surprise birthday party for Nick. Howie had hauled him out of the house, not letting him ask any questions.

“Hey, is there something wrong?” Anita peaked through the door as Casey finished getting ready. She turned around giving Anita a dirty look. “You’ve been giving me the silent treatment and I’m not sure why?”

Casey slowly walked over to Anita and let her have a hand across the face “That’s for fucking around with MY man, I saw you in the studio the other day…and this one” she let her have another one on the other cheek “Is for being such a tramp and lying to Nick about loving him, I know that you are a whore that AJ paid you in Vegas to screw him. Why would you give in to something like that?”

Anita was on the verge of tears and she held her cheek, she hadn’t lashed out at Casey, because she understood her anger. “First of all I never screwed around with your man…he kissed me that day, second I DO love Nick…and your man only convinced me because I was drunk.”

Casey laughed sarcastically “So you want me to believe that alcohol made you do this. You had the choice all this time to tell the truth…and you haven’t. You’re a lying deceiving bitch and you don’t deserve him. Now get your trashy ass out of my room.”

Anita swallowed the knot in her throat and headed into her room. Oh my god! It’s over, she knows, the whole world will know and I am going to lose Nick…what do I do? Suddenly there was a knock at her door that made her jump off her bed. “Come in” she yelled.

AJ pranced into her room all dressed up, his cologne smelled up her room “What’s going on…your not ready and the party will start any moment.” he noticed the redness on both her cheeks “What the hell happened to you?” he asked putting his hands on her face.

She moved them away swiftly and pushed him “You…you told her and now she hates me and thinks that I’m a slut…why…”

He looked down a little remorseful “Anita if I didn’t explain the situation she wouldn’t have understood…but, I know now that you love him…that’s all that matters, don’t worry about her.”

“I have to get out of her before he comes back, I can’t be here…” she began to throw her things into a bag, but she fell to her knees to cry “He’ll never forgive me, and I love him, I really do. I don’t’ even want the money anymore. I don‘t want to go back to my horrible life.”

AJ knew he was the wrong person to console the withered woman in front of him, but he knelt down to her level and wrapped his arms around her “It’s going to be ok Anita…I promise…I’m sorry…I know I made a stupid mistake…”

Casey watched as AJ cradled Anita in his arms and the heat of her anger spread through her body “That bitch is going to pay for messing with my man.” she walked out into the yard.

Later that evening, the place was dark, Howie and Nick walked into the house. Nick was startled by the silence and darkness. “Where the hell is everyone and why is it pitch black in here…?“ He walked towards the kitchen.

Howie smiled as he watched his friend head for the light, as soon as he switched the lights “SURPRISE” was heard by the crowd of people in the backyard. A wide smile spread across his face as he turned to look at Howie, AJ and then Anita.

He hugged his friends and siblings as the music began to play and the food was served. “You fuckers knew about this the whole time. And you missy…“ he pulled her into a hug and let her have a sweet kiss.

“AJ and Howie thought that you deserved some fun. They planned the whole thing, I just helped” she laughed as the three guys hugged. Although she smiled and held on tight to his arm, she was scared and uncomfortable in her own skin, thinking that Casey had probably told more than one person at the party.

“You look a little nervous…is everything ok?” he hugged her and kissed her softly “Don’t be, everyone is going to love you, come let me introduce you to my sisters.” she was hesitant and pulled him back towards her.

“Wait…I really have to tell you something…I want to be the one to tell you before anybody else does.” he looked at her a little concerned as she began to open her mouth his name was called and he quickly excused himself.

Although she had survived halfway through the party, she was still uneasy and hadn’t had another chance to talk to him.

Casey took advantage of AJ’s trip to the restroom and decided to stumble onto the stage as she took the microphone in hands “I have a surprise for Nick”

Anita felt a rush through her body as she caught Casey’s eyes on her, she wanted to pull him into the house, but Nick was pretty intrigued by Casey’s ridiculous display. “Nicky boy, I had gotten you a stripper tonight, but she was too pricey so…I…I found someone that would do it for free…or we could just add it to her tab…” she giggled as she glared at Anita.

Nick still had a smile on his face, according to him this was a very stupid joke and she was drunk. “God she is making a fool out of herself.”

Anita swallowed hard “Listen about that thing I needed to tell you…I really think I should say it now.” she tried pulling him into the house.

“Hold up lets hear what this idiot has to say…”

As they came to a halt Casey yelled “So…Anita why don’t you show us what you are made of…since you do dance!” the whole place went silent and all eyes flew on to Anita, even Nicks “Now that isn’t all…our wonderful Anita is also a whore…she slept with my man…and she was also…paid to screw you…NICK…she lives in a trailer park with her drunken whore mother and sister.”

As she finished her sentence AJ came strolling through the glass doors and was startled by Casey’s outburst “Howie and AJ picked her up in Vegas…they aren’t even related.”

AJ froze as Nick’s eyes seemed to burn him with anger and confusion “What the fuck is your chic talking about AJ?” AJ swallowed hard and was speechless for the first time in his life, he frowned as he turned to look at Anita.

“Nick I can explain, she is confused.” Anita placed her hands on his chest, but he pushed them out of the way “Nick please…listen to me…”

His eyes were teary and his voice cracked a little as he spoke “Is that true? Did AJ and Howie pay you to be here with me? You’re a fucking dancer? You fucked AJ?” he grabbed her by the arms and shook her “Answer me…” he shouted.

Anita was now in tears as she looked at his distraught face “It’s not the way it seems…I tried to tell you…but you wouldn’t listen.” she tried to grab his hands, but he pushed away. “Nick please!”

“You’re a fucking liar…you played me. I thought that I was in love with you and you’re a whore. So how much did they pay you…”

AJ stepped in front of Anita “Yo man it’s all a misunderstanding…ok just calm down.” but Nick furiously let AJ have a fist in the face, AJ fell onto the ground “I deserve that…but please don’t take it out on her man.”

“You fucked her…you fucked her…”

AJ stood up slowly “No I didn’t…I just wanted to help you, I was tired of seeing you so down, I wanted you to be happy again bro.”

Nick pushed him out of the way “Don’t ever call me bro again…you fucking dick. Oh she made me feel happy…it’s all that practice she gets huh.” he laughed sarcastically “So how much did they pay you…was it a flat rate for one fuck…or are all those other times extra…” he took out his wallet “So do you take credit cards, check…no I know…your used to cash” he took out whatever bills he had in his wallet and tried stuffing them down her shirt.

She slapped him hard and headed into the house, but he followed and swung her around “So all that shit you told me, it was all bullshit…your mother stays at home screwing everyone…and your sister she’s not an usher, she’s a dancer…shit is your dad really dead or is he you guys’ pimp!” With the end of that phrase she slapped him again, but this time she stormed out the front door.

He stood there his hands on his head, he was angry, confused and deep down he had a ache in his heart. “I can’t fucking believe this…party is over…everyone get the fuck out” he yelled as he made his way down the hall.

Anita sobbed as she began walking down the dark road, she wanted to disappear at that moment, she couldn’t believe the humiliation she had just gone through, the fact that Nick hated her now and she would never see him again. She was startled by a car that pulled up next to her, but relieved to see the familiar eyes “Need a lift?”

He hugged her tight as he kissed her forehead “I‘m so sorry for all that happened. We didn‘t mean to hurt you or Nick like this. You going to be ok?” although she could hear Howie‘s voice her mind couldn‘t make out what he was saying, but she nodded and without a word kissed his cheek and began for the terminal.
New Start by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Wow so it's been a year and three months that I worked on this poor story. And well to tell you the truth I'm still stuck. So if you have any ideas on where i can take it...greatly appreciated.

Howie sighed hard as he began to hop into his car, he had never felt so guilty. Deep down he knew that Anita wasn’t a bad person. Mumbling to himself his eyes flew open as he saw the familiar face in front of him, standing on the other side of the car was, Anita.

“I thought you were already gone?” He said a surprised expression on his face.

“I can’t! I can’t just leave…and I hate thinking that I have to go to my old life.”

Howie smiled and nodded unlocking the door and letting her hop in with him “So where too?” he asked starting the car and driving off.

She shrugged hopelessly “I don’t know where to go? I don’t have anyone here!” she muttered looking out the window, remembering the earlier confrontation “He’s going to hate me forever isn’t he?” she turned to look at Howie, who turned to give her a sympathetic look.

“I doubt it, he will get over it. We just have to prove to him somehow that it was all a misunderstanding. Not sure how we are going to do that, but we are.” Howie gave her a wink as he drove off.

AJ knocked on the door softly, Nick had closed himself in his room a while ago. “Hey man can we talk please…” he waited for a response as he leaned against the wall, trying to find a way of explaining and actually convincing Nick that Anita was a good person.

The door opened abruptly and before AJ could defend himself he was pinned to the wall, Nick holding him by the collar of his shirt “What the fuck do you want?”

“Ouch…is there…a…need for violence” AJ tried speaking while wiggling free from Nick’s tight grip. Slowly he loosened his grip “Look it’s our fault, the poor girl was accompanying her…”

Nick let him go, AJ fell to the floor hard. He stood up, fixing his collar “I don’t want to here you. Why didn’t she have the decency to tell me that you were such a prick. This is it AJ…we are done…we are no longer friends.” Nick grabbed his bag from the bed and headed to the door.

AJ following him with caution “Oh come on man, this is all a big misunderstanding I did this for you…” with his last word Nick opened the front door and then turned to let AJ have another fist in the face. Howie entered the house, flinching at the sight of Nick and AJ on the floor. Nick glared at Howie “I don’t hit you, cause I’m hoping that this asshole had a lot of influence over you.”

He stormed down towards AJ’s BMW “Nick, please listen would you stop being so stubborn.” but Howie only got a finger and then just saw the dust from the car zooming off “Well there goes your car…don’t be upset if you never see it again.”

AJ mocked laughter as he cleaned his lip with the his shirt “Man there is never any reasoning with him. So how was poor Anita? She must have gone home sad huh?” AJ’s voice trailed off as he walked down the hallway and into the bathroom.

Howie stood in the door way as he watched his friend spitting blood into the sink “Uh…what if I told you that she didn’t leave?” AJ turned to look at him a surprised look on his face.

Anita sat at the hotel bed, flipping through the newspaper circling the jobs that were interesting. Xing out each one that asked for experience in certain things that she had no clue how to do. Which were most of the them on the pages.

“This is what happens when you don’t know how to do shit.” she mumbled to herself. Howie had paid her room at the Ramada for two weeks with the money she didn’t take from them. After a lot of begging and pleading the hotel gave into his request.

After a long warm shower, she stood staring into the bathroom mirror, missing the one from her room at AJ’s house. That one had given her confidence and a certain calm. Now she was back to feeling like a pile of shit, that was going nowhere but down the toilet. Sighing hard she took out the clean pair of jeans and T-shirt that AJ had given her.

Anita laughed at the thought that AJ’s clothes would fit her perfectly “He’s so feminine” she laughed out loud, her laughter suddenly becoming a sob. Covering her face with her hands, she sat on floor of the bathroom.

Nick entered the familiar apartment it was utterly silent and totally dark. He flicked the light on and threw the bag on the couch. He made his way to his room, his shoulders hunched as if he were old. “She lied to me…” he sat at the corner of the bed, as he ran his hand through his messy hair.

Scenes of every single thing that he had done with her, erupted in his head. He took a deep breath as a single tear rolled down his cheeks. He had thought she was different, that she was the girl for him, because she was honest and real. It had just been to good to be true.

“I hate you…Anita…I hate you” he mumbled as he threw himself back on the bed and closed his eyes, trying not to think anymore.

Anita awoke the next morning with a headache from all her crying. Her eyes were red and swollen and their was tissues everywhere. Although all she could do was think about Nick, she washed her face, and lectured herself in the mirror. She would go out and look for a decent job.

Just as she was making her way to the door, their was a knock. She opened carefully and smiled followed by a cry. Howie and AJ took her in their arms as she sobbed silently on the bed. “We are so sorry Anita…this is all our fault.” Howie caressed her hair as she rested her head on his lap.

AJ paced back and forth, moving his hands from his head, to his chin, then to his waist. “I just can’t think of anything. I mean this is going to take a while. Shannon did him so wrong and now it looks like you did the same or worse. He wont answer his phone and he hates me!” AJ bit his nails as they all exchanged looks.

“Well for the meanwhile we are going to be leaving on tour soon. We came by to tell you that!” Howie informed as she sat up now, wiping the remaining tears from her eyes. “We’ll be gone for almost three months straight.”

“Its ok guys, I will find some kind of job, there has to be something I’m good at. Right?” she said looking for reassurance from one or both of the guys. “You don’t think I know anything, I’m not and wasn’t a dancer guys. My family is so screwed up and all I wanted was to make my mother happy and I got mad and carried away…that night.”

“I’m really sorry, for treating you the way I did at the beginning. For judging you. I’m an asshole sometimes I know. I am going to keep thinking of how to make this better I promise. We got to get going.” he kissed her forehead and headed out.

“Call me if you need to talk” Howie said handing her a paper with his number. She smiled and kissed his cheek then waved them down as they disappeared down the hallway. Anita sighed hard and grabbed what little money she had and headed off to find a job, there had to be some job waiting out there for her and she was determined to find it.

After hours of looking, asking and filling out applications. Anita made her way into a small restaurant in the middle of the Hollywood/Highland mall. The place was buzzing with people and it was very fancy. She smiled at the elegance the place had and then realized she didn’t fit in.

“Hello, is there something I can help you with?” the young girl asked. Her long blonde curly hair in a ponytail, she pierced Anita with her light blue eyes. She wore what seemed to be the uniform a white button shirt and some black slacks. She had just the right amount of make up on and she was very smiley.

After realizing that she was staring at nothing, Anita cleared her throat and spoke up “Oh yeah, I noticed there is a position opened for a waitress here.”

“Oh yeah, just a moment let me get Larry to help you out. One second.” she said as she made her way into the kitchen area. A minute later she came a tall slender man with a mustache trailing behind her.

He extended his hand and Anita clasped his hand and shook it. “Hello…I was informed that you are looking for a job? Do you have experience?” he asked never breaking his seriousness.

“Actually no sir…but I’m a fast learner and I really need the job. Please!” she knew that begging wouldn’t really help her, but she didn’t have anything else. “I’ll work whatever hours you need me and uh…”

The man inspected her, she knew she should have dressed a little more appropriate but all her things had stayed at AJ’s. Looking down at her band shirt and her stonewashed jeans she stuck her hands in her back pockets, waiting for an answer.

“Fine, as long as you don’t dress like that to come to work. Dress code, white button shirt, no cleavage…with black slacks during the week. On weekends we have different themes…come in early tomorrow morning and I will get you a badge, and your paperwork.”

She wanted to hug the older man, but opted by shaking his hand continuously until he pulled away “I’m sorry. I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning.” she bit her lip and turned back around “How much does it pay?” she blushed with the question.

“It’s eight fifty an hour! Is that ok with you?” he stared at her. It wasn’t exactly ok but after a long day of no luck, she had to be happy for anything.

“Yeah it’s great thanks.” she looked at the girl “Thank you” she nodded and then Anita was off to explore the rest of Hollywood Boulevard.

Brian waited for the threesome that walked up to him, all with straight faces. Nick walked onto the bus first “Hey man…” he grunted taking a seat on the sofa and starting up his game on Xbox ignoring everyone.

“What in the world got into him?” Brian asked concern all over his face, as he looked at the Howie, AJ and then Nick. “Well?”

“It’s a very long story…that we can tell you later…” AJ said making his way to his bunk.

Nick began to laugh like a crazy person in front of a blank screen “Tell him…what you two assholes did to me. You want to know Bri…they hired a fucking prostitute to have sex with me and idiot me fell in love with a whore.” He flung the control across the buss “Fuck!” he stormed to the back of the bus.

Brian stood his mouth open and his eyes wide “What in the hell is he talking about?”

Howie cleared his throat as AJ made his way back to the sofa “You might want to take a seat for this one.”

Torn Apart by kevmylove

So the guys headed out for their tour, and Anita began her new job. A job that didn’t pay her enough to pay for her room at the Ramada, the days were going by and she realized that soon she would have to get out and find a new refuge. Anita got to know the girl she had spoken to the first time she stepped foot into the fancy restaurant. Tara Evans was her name a spunky blonde, that knew everything there was to know about Hollywood.

The girls sat in a small single apartment. Although the place was like a box, she had turned it into a really nice place. Her kitchen was at the entrance with a breakfast bar as the table. A tiny hall, if it could be called that parted two closets and the door in between was the bathroom. As you kept walking she had a love seat and three black bean bags laying in what she called her living room area. Then she had a long heavy curtain like a wall covering what she called her bedroom.

“It’s not the best thing but I made it my own. I pay almost nine hundred dollars.” she sighed.

Anita knew that the restaurant job didn’t give her enough to pay the apartment and let her party like she did. “That’s a lot of money. How do you do it?” she questioned as she continued to inspect the small sanctuary.

“Well to tell you the truth Anita I have a side job. I’m a go go dancer…not a stripper. But a dancer at a club called Sultry. Another high end place…we should go this Friday I saw the schedule and we both have that day off. I work there on weekend nights.”

Anita wasn’t to convinced, but she didn’t have friends and getting closer to Tara would probably land her a corner somewhere in this small space.

Nick huffed and puffed, they had just come off stage somewhere in Europe he didn’t even remember. All he knew was that he hadn’t forgotten the words to the songs he had sung or the moves and that was important. Even though in the distance a couple of times he had spotted someone that resembled her.

He sighed hard, it was all still fresh in his mind and he wanted to forget it. Forget that night. Forget Anita.

AJ stood next to him puffing on a cigarette “So your going to be mad at us forever?”

“No AJ how about tomorrow we go and take a trip to Cabo and sip on margaritas” he replied with total disgust “What do you want me to feel towards you. You lied to me, you brought some women to me…that you picked up at a strip joint. How the hell do I know if she had any diseases.”

AJ sighed taking another puff of his cigarette. “Anita is a decent girl. She was really wasted because her mother who is an awful woman asked her to do who knows what…I never got to what it was. When we saw her dancing, we figured she was pretty, she could move and you would like her. It’s no different than all the other skanks you pick up at the clubs.”

Nick closed his eyes, imagining Anita dancing around on a pole. Walking about with her little purse hanging from her wrist, holding who knows what besides her tips. “I can’t believe you. I tried forgiving you guys…her…I racked my brain and I just can’t AJ. That is really fucked up! She can die for all I care.”

AJ chuckled flinging his cigarette butt to the ground “Oh come on. If you love the girl you will always worry and want to know how she is.” he chuckled again.

Nick gave him a menacing look “She can…DIE for all I care.” he walked back onto the bus. Leaving AJ pensive. He sat on his bunk, although the words had come out of his mind. He knew damn well it wasn’t true, if they told him Anita was dead. Nick would bust out in tears. She wasn’t even dead and he wanted to burst out in tears.

Anita had gotten the hang of her new job, it wasn’t easy. She was ignored sometimes as she greeted and said her name, or food was sent back because they had ordered their food dry and a dab of sauce lay on the plate and the worse one that the plates were dirty or there was a hair in their food. Never had she imagined that rich people were so full of shit.

Of course there were perks to working there, celebrities, sports figures, and supermodels came and went on a daily basis and if they liked you. Tips could be up to a crispy hundred dollar bill. Samuel L Jackson had walked in once, she remembered him from the famous Pulp Fiction. He was serious, his voice hoarse. Anita had tried her best to take his order right, keep checking on him and smile a lot. The while he was at the table he didn’t boast a smile or a friendly tone. Once he was leaving he let Larry know that ANITA was one of his best waitress yet and gave her the first crispy hundred and a wide smile.

She stood right above the restaurant which was now closed as she reminisced about her Samuel encounter. The music was bouncing off the walls and could be clearly heard every time a body stepped in or out of the club. There was a long line, which formed right behind her.

“I’m so sorry I’m late, but I couldn’t find my shorts.” she giggled opening her coat to reveal her outfit. “You like it…it’s kinda neat I feel like I’m wearing babies ruffled undies.” Tara giggled at Anita’s shocked expression.

“So we have to get in line, look at it. We’ll be in there by tomorrow morning.” Anita griped she was still tired of her day and half shift from the day before.

Tara took her hand and pulled her towards the door, the man inspecting their ID’s and quickly letting them go by “See the perks of hanging out with me. No waiting of course cause I work here. So why don’t you look around I’m getting my schedule to see what time I hit the dance floor. Cool!” she walked away leaving Anita nodding her head.

Anita made her way around the fancy club, chandeliers hung from the ceiling, giving just enough light to make out a person’s silhouette. You could be butt ugly and get lucky in this lighting. she thought to herself and giggled. She looked around the girls in their pumps, strappy shoes or pointy boots. Their hair silky and expensive pieces of clothes as dresses wrapped their bodies. Most of them looked like they were deprived of food, she looked at herself for a second in her ordinary black tunic and her mini jean skirt and some black flats.

As she kept walking people mingled, some were passed out, others hung out in cabana like rooms with beds and couches, the tables littered with alcohol. As she stared at a couple that made out intensely she bumped into a tall, slender guy with long dark hair in a ponytail. “Oh shit” he said, making sure not to spill his drink.

“I’m so sorry…” she smiled apologetically. There was no way she could offer to buy him another, it wasn’t pay day till next week.

The man was gorgeous, he was like a black stallion out in the fields, among many ordinary horses. His eyes were hazel, with long eyelashes, his lips plump and the teeth he exposed with his exquisite smile were perfectly aligned. His eyes looked her up and down, making her uncomfortable. “Please don’t worry about it. Actually would you like a drink?” he asked with such a manly voice.

Although he was talking to her, she was still in a daze by his looks. His eyes were alluring like a vampires stare. “Uh…sure why not?” she couldn’t pass up the chance to get a free drink. She felt so out of place, with a small buzz, there would be no stopping her from fluttering around like a butterfly.

Nick chugged the shot of tequila, gritting his teeth at the burning sensation in his throat. “Another please” he signaled the bartender. He looked around, there were so many beautiful women tonight and for old times sakes and to mend a broken heart. He would find the hottest one and take her back to the hotel. So he began to scan the place, blondes, brunettes, red heads, skinny, anorexic, chubby, tall, short, in dresses, and in jeans. There was a great variety to choose from.

Howie and AJ sat in a corner just watching Nick drink down shot after shot. They knew that sooner or later the man would either be carried out of the place, or leave with his arm draped over some girl he was going to try to forget Anita with. “Can’t stop feeling really guilty about this. Look at him drinking like he’s…I don’t know…” Howie protested “We should just stop him”

AJ glared at Howie “Howard if we interfere right now, all we are going to get is a beat down by some dude that is WAY taller than our asses. So I suggest that we sit here and wait very patiently for him to decide what he’s doing tonight. Meanwhile we should scope out some hotties ourselves.”

Howie crossed his arms “So what Casey is out of the picture now?” he raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

AJ sighed hard and chugged the shot that had just been placed on the table. “I don’t know I mean I have to see this from her point of view. Then again I told her trusting she wouldn’t do what she did. So I don’t know. Meanwhile why not have someone help me decide.” he rubbed his hands together as he went on a search of his own.

Howie took a seat and sipped on his drink, trying to figure out why he was in this mess. He wondered if Anita was ok because, by the looks of it Nick wasn’t . This would all get better, he had a gut feeling.

Anita smiled at the tall man, he had bought her a couple of drinks already and the whole club was spinning. “That’s my friend Tara” she squinted her eyes trying to make out the real girl as she approached them. “Tara” she threw her arms on the sweaty girl.

“Hey your drunk…nice! Hey Vince!” Tara kissed the guys cheek “I see you met Anita…what do you think?” she smiled wickedly.

He had a very strong voice “Yeah she is a piece of work. So listen we are having a party back at my house…oh here comes Derek.” he pointed at a shorter guy with the same face, and colored eyes, except his hair was wavy and combed back. “Derek” he shouted.

“Hey what’s going on. Tara…and who is this?” he smiled taking Anita’s hand in his and kissing it softly. “Listen I need a couple of girls…the kind that will do it all. None prissier like the ones you took last time.” he rambled on about beautiful girls and money, lots of money. Anita just sat swaying back and forth, as the alcohol ran through her body, making her feel good.

“Where are we going?” Anita asked as she hopped into the limo with Tara, Vince, Derek and a group of women. “I just want to go home” she was still seeing two of each, so in her eyes the limo was crammed with people.

“We are just going to a party Anita. It will be fun you will see. Why don’t you close your eyes for a second while we get there.” Tara spoke soothingly as Anita closed her eyes.

When she woke up, she was in a big bed all alone in the dark. She stood up to look for Tara, but found herself falling back onto the bed. Her vision was blurry and all she could make out was a tall figure walking towards her. “Vince…?” she questioned “Derek…?” she didn’t know which one it was, but she was sure it wasn’t Tara.

Her vision came and went, finally she could make out some of the face. “Listen Anita…you should take this. It will make you feel better.” the voice requested “Here…” he offered, but Anita pushed the small plate away. “Come on just do it. It will make it easier to work tonight.”

Anita’s eyes flew open with the last word “Work?” she questioned rubbing her eyes to see better “I don’t understand…” she recoiled towards the headboard. Vince placed his hand on her leg “Yeah Tara is already on her second. It’s your turn baby.” He ran his hand over her leg “Now it’s better that you don’t fight it and go along with me. Now take this”

He held the plate with two different lines of white powder on it. Right away she knew what it was, never had she tried it, but she had seen it and what it could do. “NO! I won’t take that shit.” she pushed it away, almost knocking it out of his hands.

“Do you know who I am…I get what I want Anita. I’m going to pay you well…and then you’ll keep coming back.” placing the plate on the table, he suddenly reached out grabbing her hair and pulling her to her feet. She let out a yelp as he pushed her to her knees. “Now take it…”

She was sober. Very sober. As she looked down at the powder the tears began to trickle down her cheeks “Please…don’t…I don’t want to do this…” she pleaded, trying to wiggle away, but he tightened his grip and suddenly pushed her face into the plate. She still cried as the small particles of the powder itched into her nose.

“DO IT” he yelled making her jump, then she did it. Slowly she inhaled one line, then the other, her nose burned and she quickly felt the affect. Her face was going numb and her legs wouldn’t let her up. Vince never let go of his grip “Get up” he demanded. Pulling her up to her feet, he wrapped an arm around her waist. She didn’t fight, she couldn’t her body was weak and the room was now spinning.

“Please…stop it…don’t…” she slurred trying her best to push away Vince, who had seemed to be a nice guy. Now he was on top of her, jerking at her clothes to come off.

“Your going to like this…you will see” he panted as he struggled with her.

New Roomie by kevmylove

Early the next morning AJ called the Ramada Inn and was directed to Anita’s room, the phone rang and rang until finally a soft voice answered “He…llo”

“Anita? Did I wake you?”

Anita sniffled “No…AJ…I haven’t slept…listen I can’t stay here anymore and last night I went with a friend to a club and they…” she broke into sobs.

“Antia…what happened? You can tell me.” he paused waiting but all he could hear was Anita in a fit of cries “Howard!” he whispered over to Howie who was slumped over the sofa, in a light slumber.

“Huh? What? I’m awake” he looked around disoriented “What man?” he forced his eyes open.

AJ covered the receiver with his hand “Anita is in some kind of trouble, something happened to her last night. She’s crying! What do we do?”

Howard looked at the calendar “We are on our way to New York…why don’t we just fly her out there?” he shrugged, knowing the idea wasn’t bad, or good.

AJ sighed and talked into the receiver “Anita I’m going to book a flight for you…I’ll call you back with the details and we will figure out where you can stay. Ok?”

“Ok…” silence filled the line “Thanks.” she hung up the phone.

AJ turned to Howie as the phone clicked “Man, we have surely screwed up this time. She sounded horrible, what could have happened to her?”

Howie shrugged “I don’t know, but brace yourself cause the question is…what the hell is going to happen to us, when we show up with Anita. What will Brian say I mean he has his own bus, but what about Nick? He’ll have a fit and where the hell is she going to sleep?”

“Uh…I’ll give her my bunk. I’ll sleep on the sofa.” AJ sunk into the sofa next to Howie, as they watched Nick storm into the bus, ignoring their presence. “We should get some boxing classes too.” he forced a smile “Cause he can throw a punch”

Anita sat in the tub, the spew of the shower hitting her aching body. She knew there were bruises everywhere, she could feel her face swelled up and one of her eyes had to be black. Even if she didn’t want to think about last night, the flashes of the events kept flooding her mind.

She cringed as she remembered the coke that she had been forced to sniff, how it had numbed her instantly. The faces that came and went from her vision, there were about four of them, it was all coming back to her, it hadn’t just been Vince. It was four of them. Vince, Derek and two other men. All four taking turns with her. After her long bath, she changed into her jeans and a pink tunic and waited for AJ’s phone call.

Nick smiled at the brunette that stood a couple of feet away from him, she giggled and batted her eyelids flirtatiously “So how about we meet tonight” he wrote something down on paper “We are staying at this hotel…I share a suite, but I have my own room.” he winked and walked away, meeting up with Brian, AJ and Howie.

“Nick do you always have to invite random girls to the rooms. One day they are going to jack us for all we have and it’s going to be your fault.” Howie huffed.

Brian drilled his temples “Forget that…your going to catch something…ugh! You don’t even know…”

Nick rolled his eyes “Please…who knows anything these days…” he glared at Howie and AJ and walked away.

“Uh Brian there is a dilemma that we wanted to make you aware of…” Howie nudged AJ to finish.

“Right…” AJ cleared his throat “Uh…well you remember hearing about Anita…well we helped her stay in Hollywood…” he stuck a cigarette in his mouth as he looked over at Howie for some help.

“Oh…yeah so AJ and I heard that she is in some trouble and since it’s our fault that Nick broke up with her and something has happened to her, we invited her to stay on the bus with us.” he winced waiting for Brian to explode.

“Well I’m ok with it, but I’m not on the same bus. Shouldn’t you actually be talking to Nick about it, since he was the one affected by what you two did?” Brian raised an eyebrow.

“Oh man Brian we thought you would help us out with this…” Brian nodded as AJ puffed on his cigarette. “Well in that case we are going to wait till she gets here…she should be here around five” he threw the butt on the floor and squashed it with his foot, letting out the last of the smoke in his mouth.

Anita played with her fingers, she was nervous it had been a little over three weeks that she hadn’t seen Nick. What would he do? Would he even except the fact that his friend and band mates were helping her out? Her leg moved persistently in one place as she began to buckle her seat belt, the plane was finally landing.

A little later, she held the small bag over her shoulders as she looked around for the familiar faces, the nerves getting the best of her. She wiped down her clammy hands on her jeans and her face brightened at the sight of two men standing waving over at her.

“AJ…Howie!” she exclaimed embracing them both at the same time “I’m glad to see you guys…I…this is…thanks…” her eyes weld up as she stammered with her words.

“We are glad to see you, we are glad that your ok!” Howie blushed at the kiss on his cheek.

AJ and Anita stared at each other for a second “So…your going to tell me what happened later right?” he didn’t want to bring on the tears, but he was anxious to know what all the crying over the phone was about.

Anita just nodded “Yes…so does everyone know that I’m here…” she questioned as they all strolled out of the airport and hopped into the limo.

“Uh not really…we are staying at a hotel right now. So your safe for the time being, but we have to mention it to him later, cause we are all on the same bus.” AJ sat back on his seat, worried about the drama that would soon unfold.

Nick tried to concentrate on the half naked girl on his bed, as she slid her hands over his shoulders and down his chest “Is something the matter?” she questioned him, kissing his lips lightly.

He sighed heavily, lately he couldn’t stop thinking about her. Anita. Where had she gone? Was she back home? Dancing or being normal like she swore she was? He jumped at the girls hands on his manhood. “Uh give me a second I’m going to get some water. Do you want anything?”

She smiled “Yes! SEX!” she huffed crossing her arms impatiently as she watched him exit the room.

AJ was happy to see Anita smiling, he was thinking she would be in tears the whole way to the hotel. He watched her intently as her mouth moved and her teeth showed with each smile. The guilt rose in the pit of his stomach again, like someone had punched him, then smiled remembering how she had called them pigs the first day she saw them. They waited for the elevator as she continued to ramble on.

“So I got a job as a waitress…” she laughed and then placed her hand on his shoulder “Oh and Samuel L Jackson gave me a hundred dollar tip…it was awesome. Then I met…I met Tara…” she swallowed hard, the memories of the awful night flooding her mind. “Anyways how about you guys? How have the shows been?”

The guys looked at each other as they entered the elevator. “Hum…the shows are always great! We are just tired and ready to head on home.”

“Oh yeah…I might be a father soon. I’m still waiting and I think it hasn’t settled in yet!” Howie smiled happily. “Wait I hadn’t even told you I was married. I am…her name is Leigh, she knows about you and she scolded me.”

“I had no idea you were married Howie!” she giggled “She’s a lucky woman!”

Howie swiped the key card and the door opened, all three shuffled into the hotel room. Anita’s eyes opened wide at the overly large room “Uh it looks like an apartment.” she continued her exploring and her eyes froze and the color drained from her face, the bag slipped out of her hand slowly.

Nick choked on the water in his mouth as his eyes fixated on a pair of familiar eyes, he wanted to smile. His heart was pounding with joy, “A…nita” he whispered, fighting the urge to run over to her and wrap his arms around her. Then reality settled in and the anger returned in flushes of heat through his body and he walked over to the threesome that still stood frozen. “What the hell is she doing here?” he snapped.

“Uh…she was in some trouble Nick and we thought that she could come with us for the rest of the tour.” Howie explained.

Anita looked down at the ground, her face was flushed with embarrassment “I can leave if you wish.” she whispered, unable to look him in the eyes. She had noticed he was half dressed and didn’t want to stare.

AJ huffed “Don’t be a dick Nick.”

“Fine…do whatever you please. Just stay out of my way.” he muttered.

His bedroom door swung open and there stood the brunette in almost nothing, no sign of discomfort with all the bodies in the room. “Nick I’m waiting” she whined.

“I’m coming” Anita let her eyes meet with Nick’s again. “Well…duty calls.” he said mockingly taking the girl in his arms and closing the door.

Anita let out a gasp “This might not be as easy as I thought.” Howie and AJ just looked at each other, feeling bad for Anita.

Jealousy by kevmylove

The next morning Nick pounded on the bathroom door, he huffed with irritation. “You know…it would have been nice if SOMEONE would have told me that we would have a HOOKER on the bus.” he spat and walked into his room.

Howie took a sip of his coffee “This is going to be lots of fun” he muttered to himself.

Anita rolled her eyes at Nick’s comment as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, she hadn’t noticed the hand print on her shoulder, it was turning brownish yellow now. Although she hated remembering, anytime she looked at herself, blurred images of that horrible night crowded her mind.

She exited the bathroom fully dressed in some jeans and a t-shirt, her wavy hair fell over her shoulders. “The hooker is out of the bathroom, you can go now…you big baby!” she yelled towards Nick’s room.

He exited, only a towel wrapped around his waist, she looked away her cheeks flushing instantly. “It’s about time…” he walked into the bathroom, slamming it for emphasis on his irritation.

“Is he always this pleasant in the morning?” Anita faked a smile as she served herself a cup of coffee.

“Uh he‘s not a morning person.” AJ patted her on the back “Plus he must be very uncomfortable with…you know.” AJ just shrugged, not wanting to bring up the topic.

Howie patted the stool next to him “Honey, you’ll just have to get used to it, cause he’s been like this since that night. Hell one minute he‘s cool with us, the next he‘s biting our heads off.” AJ nodded in agreement.

The day was uneventful for everyone, Nick stayed in his room, he had only come out to the living room grumpily to take his game console back to his room. “TV hoggers…” he had complained as he made way to his room. Making the threesome burst out in laughter.

“He’s quite funny this way. He really dislikes me.” she frowned.

“All I can say is that you are saving me from all his dumb and annoying pranks.” Howie sighed with relief. “Cause he can really get annoying, you know!”

AJ began to laugh “Well you are going to be a dad, shouldn’t you get some practice on being patient and caring?” he continued to snicker, as Howie flung a pillow right in his face and ran away. “OW! That hurt you know!” AJ grabbed another one and chucked it into the air.

“Could you…” the pillow ricocheted off of Nick’s head “Fucking assholes! That hurt…”

Howie stood laughing so hard, he couldn’t speak “Run…A…J…run” he continued to laugh.

AJ began for the door, just as Nick sprinted after him. “I’m going to get you for that!” he reached out for AJ, just as he exited the room.

Anita laughed “Wow is it like this everyday here?” Howie nodded “He’s not really going to hurt him…is he?” she looked at him worried.

“Naa…they will just wrestle like kids in the middle of the hall, until Leighanne or Brian comes out and gets on to them, for setting a bad example for Baylee.” he wiped his eyes. “So we are heading to a club tonight after the show. Do you want to come?” he took a seat back on the sofa.

 

 

Anita’s flashes returned, giving her goose bumps. She told herself she wouldn’t step foot in a club for a while. “Oh no…I’m staying far from clubs for a while.” she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Howie watched as her expression turned dark and worried. “Uh…Anita I’m not sure what happened to you out there. I hope nothing really serious, but your safe here. I mean even though Nick is pissed, he’ll take care of you too. Do you want to talk about it…?” he nodded questionably.

She nodded her head “I can’t…not yet!”

He hugged her shoulder “Ok…you can always talk to me if you need some help. If you need to talk to a woman, we have AJ who can put on eyeliner without a mirror.” Anita giggled “I’m just kidding. We have Leighanne who you will meet in a while. She’s nice and very girlie. Oh and hyperactive…”

Just as they got up from the sofa, Nick came in holding AJ in a headlock “Ok…I’m sorry…” Nick squeezed his head. “Ow! I’m not saying it!” he punched Nick in the side.

“Say it…” Nick demanded.

AJ rolled his eyes “I AJ Mclean love cock…” Nick began to laugh and squeezed him again “What…now?” AJ choked.

“Louder, the fans can’t hear you.”

“Your just…jealous cause…the girls like…me more…” AJ strained to tease Nick.

Nick glared at Anita, remembering the accusations from Casey. He had never really cleared them up and if he had, he didn’t believe it. “Yeah all the hoes always end up with you…” he abruptly let go of AJ’s head and stormed back to his room.

Anita’s stomach fluttered as he said the words. She knew why he was saying it, and it hurt. “Well…I better get dressed for the show.” she frowned and headed to the room that was AJ’s.

Howie and AJ looked at each other “Wow…he’s still pissed. I mean really pissed.” AJ rubbed his neck.

“Ya think!” Howie groaned. “Come on Brian will be in here rushing us any minute. We got a show tonight.”

Nick sat on the bed, he wasn’t sure what aggravated him more. That she was staying with them and he hated her. Or that he was happy to have her so close, because he still loved her. “This sucks…” he muttered.

Anita watched from her front row seats along with Leighanne, who was very friendly with her and Baylee whom was adorable in every way. She watched as the guys sang, danced and flirted on stage, making the woman go into a screaming frenzy. After the show everyone shuffled into the vans and were transported back to the hotel to get ready for the night out.

“I heard your not going to the club tonight.” AJ walked next to Anita “That’s too bad. Are you sure you’ll be ok here alone?” he questioned with a worried look.

She smiled “Yeah I’ll be fine AJ thanks. Anyways I convinced Leighanne and Brian to go with you guys. Let them get out for a night at least. I’m watching Baylee.”

“That’s great, you’ll have fun with him.” Howie added to the conversation.

Around midnight the group of friends were barely leaving. Brian carried in an already sleeping Baylee. “Sorry he goes to sleep early. Except concert days, he must be tired.”

“Oh it’s ok…I need some rest myself. You guys go and have some fun.” she smiled closing the room door, then snuggling into the covers next to the curly headed boy.

A couple of hours later, she could hear snickering and things being moved around, she sat up startled. She looked around for something to use as a weapon, she wasn’t taking any chances. The first thing she could find was the hair dryer. She held it like it was a gun and exited the room slowly.

“Is someone there?” she mumbled, her voice shook with force.

The snickering continued, but no one answered her. She suddenly shifted on the lights to find Nick on the couch, a blonde straddling him as they made out. Quickly she hid the blow dryer, feeling foolish over her paranoia.

“Damn it! I forgot you are here…come on Connie. Is it?” he pulled the blonde towards his room “Just wait in there for me baby…” he smiled, as she gave him a sloppy kiss. “Wow nice weapon you got there. What were you going to do…dry me to death.” he laughed mockingly.

“I thought…aren’t you supposed to be at the club?” she asked groggily and irritated.

He smiled “Your jealous!”

“I am not! You can do whomever you wish.” she began for the room.

He yelled at her “You made me this way…”

She ignored him and closed the door behind her. He was right, jealousy was burning inside of her, and she could imagine that it was exploding through her eyes. That’s how he knew. She was to tired to bother with him and his stupidity tonight.

Bully by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you for taking the time to read and review. Greatly appreciated.

Early the next morning the group packed and headed to the tour buses, ready to head out to Pennsylvania. Howie and AJ showed Anita around the bus, while Nick sang along to his Ipod annoyingly, trying to hide the discomfort the situation caused him. Every so often his eyes locked with hers, and they took turns being the first to look away.

An hour into the drive, Anita stared out the window, watching the scenery. The bus was warm and toasty, and the window fogged up every time she exhaled. It had been a while since she had thought about her father, so many things had been going on in her life. She wished he were alive, to comfort her and give her the strength to make it through her darkness. Although she seemed fine in the outside, inside she was falling apart. Nick’s insults, her guilt, the four men, Tara, and especially having no control over the rollercoaster of emotions that she was going through.

Days she felt that she could get through it, she wouldn’t think about them. Shut their faces out of her mind, and forget the whole incident all together, like it had never happened. Go on with life, with this new chance the guys had given her.

Other days she just wanted to die, so she could be with her father, he was the only one that really loved her. Then she wouldn’t have those constant flashbacks of something she had no control over, those faces, and mostly the feeling of being dirty and useless.

Nick now busied himself, doing what he constantly did. Playing a video game, his eyes shifted from the game to Anita who sat curled up on the sofa, scribbling gibberish on the window. She looked so deep in thought and he found himself wondering if she was thinking of him. Maybe she missed him, like he missed her. Could he ever just put his pride to the side and let her know that his feelings were the same.

He sighed heavily, he would never forgive her. She was deceiving and conniving. He had willingly fallen in love with her and all she had done was use him. For money. Who knows what she had been doing in California all this time. Screwing everyone she could find, although hookers weren’t allowed on Hollywood boulevard. An image of her walking along the busy street, skirt hiked up in long boots came to mind.

He rolled his eyes at his own dumb thoughts “Fuck!” he muttered, losing his concentration on the game and losing.

“You suck!” she muttered, tracing her fingers over the window. “I can play better than you.” there was no emotion in her face.

He looked up at her “I bet you’ve never even played basketball before. Is that a challenge?” he paused his game.

Finally her eyes locked with his, it embarrassed her to look him in the eyes. “If you want it to be…” she mumbled.

He was silent for a second, then he smacked the space next to him. “One game…if I win…I have to think of my winnings. If you win...what?”

She snatched the control from his hands “If I win you stop making stupid comments about me. If you win…I don’t have anything in mind.” She sighed.

Howie and AJ joined the twosome, to watch the game. Laughter filled the room everytime Anita's player made a move, she made it along with the control. The game went on for a good twenty minutes, and Anita lost by a point.

“In your face!” he teased “Who sucks now?” he laughed. “I think I know what I want for my winning…” he gave her a mocking grin.

She rolled her eyes “What is it?”

He looked at the guys and then her as he stood up, he then sighed “For you to leave the bus…stay wherever you want. Just not on the same bus with me.”

Everyone’s smiles disappeared “What the fuck are you talking about?” AJ stood up.

“Nick don’t be such an ass!” Howie grabbed AJ’s arm “Don’t do this…”

Anita stood slowly, her cheeks were flushed crimson with embarrassment “Uh…sure! You did win.” she walked past the guys and past him.

“Tell me that was a mean ass joke of yours Nick. You know you don’t want her off this bus. She has nowhere to go.” Howie was serious and his hands were on his side.

“Yeah it was a joke. I’ll be back!” Nick made way towards the bunks. “Hey…” he spoke softly.

Anita stuffed whatever things she had into her backpack angrily. “I know I’m not leaving fast enough.” she muttered, spinning around “Are you ever going to just forgive me Nick? I mean…I would rather you just, I don‘t know. I’m sorry that I did what I did, but I…was passed out drunk when I realized I was on my way to California. Then when I saw you, I was…you were the first guy to do everything with me. EVERYTHING!”

Nick was quiet as they stared at each other “I can’t forgive…you lied to me! You could have come out and told me the truth. Instead you just played this role of some good girl from a normal family. When it was all a lie, your family was far from being normal.”

“We were normal at some point.” she wiped the tears from her face “Whatever then, you believe what you want…” she turned to grab her bag.

He grabbed the bag and tossed it back on to the bed. “I was just being a dick…I don’t want you to leave. I didn’t mean it, I know you don’t have anywhere to go. Just stay. Alright!” he raised his eyebrows, as she glared at him.

Three hours later they were at their destination and were heading to their individual rooms. “Here is your key. It wouldn’t look right for you to stay with one of us, Nick might have a heart attack.” AJ and Howie laughed.

Leighanne and Baylee approached the twosome “Hey there everybody. I’m so tired, this touring gets exhausting…” she sighed, and flipped her long blonde hair.

“I know…how do you do it?” Anita smiled.

“I’m not sure hun” she yawned as they all piled into the elevator, “I just can’t wait to get some rest.” the elevator dinged, announcing their floor and they shuffled out “See you guys later on, at the show.” she walked holding Baylee’s hand, who waved at them with his free hand.

Anita smiled as she waved back at the blue eyed boy “He’s so cute!” she giggled.

The hall was quiet, when all of a sudden the elevator opened and giggles were heard. “Stop it!” a slim, tall strawberry red headed girl smacked Nick’s hands as he tickled her. “Seriously, if I’m going to be your opening act, you have to be…” they exited and were startled by all the eyes staring at them. “Oh hello!”

“Oh Jesus! Emmy, your opening for us tonight?” AJ groaned in annoyance.

The girl pounced onto him as he caught her in his arms. “Of course, from now until the end of the tour.” she smiled teasingly. Her short skirt rising with each movement, her arms still clung to AJ’s neck.

“Alright your choking me kid!” he pried her arms off of him.

Howie looked like he had smelled something funny “Hey…alright I’m out of here and I’m going to get some rest before the show. See ya.” he almost ran towards his room.

Anita laughed, there had to be a reason he was trying to avoid her. The Emmy girl turned to Anita and looked her up and down. “Who are you?” she asked almost menacingly. She placed her hands on her hips, as she cocked an eyebrow.

“Uh…I’m Anita” she forced a smile, as her eyes locked with Nick’s, bashfully she bowed her head. “Well…I have to…”

“She’s AJ’s girlfriend…I think. He brought her on the tour with us.” he grinned.

“Oh…well nice to meet you, I’m Emmy. Come on Nick…there is something I have to show you.” she grabbed his hand and the twosome ran down the hall like kids.

AJ nodded his head irritated at the younger woman “Don’t worry about her, she’s very obnoxious, flirty, and hyperactive. At some point you’ll want to kick her ass or your own for being near her. She has a huge crush on Nick."

Anita smiled "Yeah that was pretty obvious! She's just a kid though."

"Uh…she looks like a kid, but she’s twenty three already. She can sing, but she can’t dance.” he laughed, making Anita laugh too. “Get some rest my girlfriend. ok.”

She nodded her head “Ok…thanks for all your help. Maybe we can talk before we leave tomorrow?” she gave him a weak smile. The memories taunted her again, they hadn’t visited her all day.

He smiled back, he knew it wasn’t anything good that she wanted to talk about. Her face had darkened instantly “Sure thing.”

He stood watching her enter her room, then he entered his to get some rest before the big show. 

Unfold by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Anita confesses...

The next morning everyone had checked out of their rooms, and were gathered at the hotel restaurant to have breakfast. Baylee chomped on his pancakes, he seemed to be the only one eating at the time. Everyone else stared into space or talked amongst each other. AJ had been right about Emmy, she never shut up and had a high pitch giggle, that sent chills down your spine. Nick seemed to be the center of her attention as she flirtatiously ran her hands wherever they would land, he didn’t seemed bothered by her directness.

AJ stood up and approached Anita, who tried hiding her discomfort. “Hey I thought we would talk now” he grinned.

“Oh yeah sure!” she stood up.

Leighanne smiled at the twosome “We are going to go shopping. You two didn’t want to come with?” she smiled again, everyone was so smiley around here.

“I might meet up with you guys in a bit” AJ nodded, looking over at Anita.

“Oh no thanks. I’m just going to stay on the bus. You guys have fun.” Anita waved at them as they headed to the bus.

Nick huffed, he didn’t like how close AJ and Anita were becoming. He was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but all her sweetness with AJ. Just made it difficult for him to imagine them doing anything other, than screwing each others brains out on the bus.

“Earth to Nick. Are you coming shopping with us?” Emmy asked sticking her finger playfully in his ear.

“No, I have something to do.” he stood up and left without another word.

Howie nodded his head in confusion “That man is just weird. Alright people let’s head out…I have to call Leigh and see how she is doing.” he took out his phone and began to dial as they filed out of the restaurant, through the lobby and into the vans.

Anita took a seat on the sofa, and let out a shaky breath. AJ sat beside her, taking her hand in his “Something is wrong Anita…you want to talk about it? You can tell me…I got you into this mess.” AJ was serious as he took her hand. “Everyone is out doing their sight seeing.”

Her face was pain stricken, the memories swirled around and around in her head. She looked down at her lap, she couldn‘t think of a good way to start the story. There wasn‘t really a way to start it, “It’s not easy to talk about it…I feel ashamed. Tara…the girl from work. She invited me to a club, called Sultry, were she was working as a gogo dancer. So we went and I…met a guy Vince.” she bit her lip “We talked, we were having a decent conversation. Then they decided that we…go back to their place.”

AJ shifted in his seat, he wasn’t sure where the story was going. Had she done drugs? Slept with someone? Someone’s? Had she been…? NO he thought to himself as he nodded, letting her know that he was still listening.

“All I know is that I ended up in his room and he hit me and made me snort two lines of coke…I didn’t want to AJ. He hit me and after I took it…I was…I was like dead.” she began to cry. “I could barely see and feel anything. I was numb!” the tears were rimming her eyes.

Nick began to walk onto the bus and overheard the twosome talking. He quietly stood forcing himself to hear the conversation between the twosome. This was a chance to find out what was between them, and if anything that she ever told him was true.

“Oh Anita! Did he…?”

She nodded “Yeah…him and three others. I can’t remember anything, just their faces." she hugged herself "I'm so embarassed...I could never tell Nick.” she wiped away the tears with the side of her hand.

Nick’s eyes widened, the only words his brain processed were 'him and three others' his eyebrows furrowed with anger and his fists clenched. “Whore” he whispered walking off.

“I was really bruised all over. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO ME!”

“Did you go to a doctor? Report it to the police" she shook her head without a word, AJ balled his fist “This is all my fault, if we wouldn’t have…this wouldn’t have happened. I feel so guilty.” he began to pace.

She stood up, wiping away the tears “No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine, I should have known better…I thought she was my friend.”

He hugged her tight “Don't ever say that, no one EVER deserves to be violated like that. I’m so sorry” he whispered in her ear.

“I just needed to tell someone, I felt like I was going to go crazy. But I think I’m going to be ok. Why don’t you go and meet up with the others, I need to be alone.” she squeezed his hand.

“Are you sure?” she nodded “Alright” he kissed her cheek and then exited the bus.

She laid down on the sofa and closed her eyes. Her hands rested on her chest.

Nick watched as AJ hopped into the Lincoln and then entered the bus as quietly as he could. “Hey…” he said, startling Anita.

She sat upright “Oh I didn’t hear you come in.” she looked at the floor as silence filled the room.

Nick cleared his throat “Why are you here? You didn’t make enough money the last time? Or is it AJ’s turn this time around?” he retorted.

Anita stood up and made way towards the bunks “It’s nothing like that. I…California didn’t work out for me…” she stammered, coming to a stop in the middle of the bus.

He pushed her against the wall and clasped a hand on her shoulder “Why cause they didn’t pay you enough. They don’t let hookers roam the streets there, you should know that.”

“Nick just stop with the insults already. Your hurting me…” she nudged her shoulder out of his grip. “I know that you dislike me…but I didn’t mean to hurt you. I…”

“Shh…you want to have some fun, I still didn‘t get anything for winning the game the other day.” he pulled her against him.

She put her hands against his chest in defense “Stop Nick…this isn’t funny!”

“Oh come on! You can do it with everyone else, except for me.”

She pushed him, but he didn’t move. He pressed himself against her, his hands on her waist now. “Nick…you have me all wrong. Just…move. PLEASE!” she yelped.

He was so angry, that he was ignoring her. He leaned into her ear “You could screw four guys at the same time. But you can’t give…me a…”

“What? How do you know that?” she looked up at him in horror. “Who told you?”

He smirked with disgust “So it’s true, you did screw four guys…nice way to confirm that you are a dirty whore…” he continued to ramble on, squeezing her sides so tight she was wincing in pain.

Unexpectedly she pushed him hard, making him stumble into his bunk “THEY RAPED ME YOU ASSHOLE…ALL FOUR OF THEM RAPED ME!” she shouted, with tears streaming down her face. “IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR” her voice broke with the last words.

Nick’s eyes widened, and his heart thudded with force against his chest “Wha..t?” The bus seemed to spin, and he felt a faint humming in his ears. He watched as she stood, her body shaking with sobs, her hands covering her face. “I’m…I’m sorry.” he finally muttered.

Sooner than she could object his arms were wrapped around her and her face rested on his shoulder “Don’t touch me…I’m dirty…I‘m worthless now.”

He caressed her hair and took in her familiar scent. His grip tightened around her, he wanted to take all her pain away. “No your not. That was not your fault Anita. Nobody deserves that. Come on.” he walked over to his bunk and helped her in. Cautiously he laid next to her “Is it ok?” he looked over at her.

She didn’t answer, just shook her head and snuggled into his side. He held her while she cried until sleep came over her and he finally heard AJ and Howie.

“Hey Nick, have you seen Anita?” AJ asked a concerned look on his face, he didn’t want her doing anything stupid.

“She’s not back here…” Howie yelled making way back to the bunks.

Nick pressed his finger on his mouth and shushed the twosome “She’s in here…” he whispered as AJ and Howie quickly stuck their heads in the bunk. “Long story…I’m an ass is all I will say!”

AJ smiled “We could have told you that.”

Howie chuckled “How did this come about?”

“You don’t want to know…” Nick sighed “She told me…about…” he couldn’t even say the words.

AJ nodded “Well it’s a horrible circumstance, but I’m glad to see her back where she belongs.” he pinched Nick playfully as he dragged a confused Howie to the back. "Come on I'll tell you the horrible story!"

Game On by kevmylove

A week of traveling had gone by and the bus was much more peaceful, Nick and Anita had their moments of getting along and then others of bickering for no reason. Other than that, the bus was at peace between the foursome.

“I’m ready to kick your ass today!” AJ nudged Nick with his shoulder, as he held the football in his hands.

Nick rolled his eyes and crossed his arms “You are a scrawny ass…there is no way your getting past me.” he cocked his head “Plus I have Ed on my team.” they both turned to look at the overgrown black guy in a tight shirt.

“Shit!” AJ muttered, knowing the damage that Ed could cause. He looked around at his team. Howie, his own bodyguard who wasn’t as pumped as Ed, some other guys and Emmy who jumped around in place as she talked to one of the guys from her band. “Oh but I’ve got Emmy that is dying to jump on your ass…” AJ snickered as he walked away.

Emmy let out a squeal as she saw Nick standing alone “Hey there sexy!” she jumped on him. He pulled away “Oh since when are you shy?” she said fixing her exaggeratedly short shorts. “So you ready to kick some ass…?” she raised her eyebrows “I have my eyes on you…” she pointed at her eyes and then him.

Anita came from behind and let out a giggle “Wow somebody wants you bad…”

“Everybody wants a piece of this…baby…” he snickered as everyone got in place and the game commenced. Howie leaned forward, and flung the ball at AJ, from between his legs. Then AJ began sprinting towards the opposite side, his goal, the two dumpsters they had placed as their goal posts.

He dodged Anita, who was in a fit of laughter as she landed on her ass, then Nick who missed him by a hair, but he was so engrossed in laughing at Nick, that he didn’t notice Ed step in front of him. BAM, he slammed into the overgrown guy, making him fall flat on his back and the ball to slip out of his grip.

Nick ignored the ball and flung himself on top of his skinny band mate, making him let out a groan as Nick’s weight squashed him. “Damn you ED…damn…you. Get…your…fat ass…off me.” AJ mumbled, trying to breath.

After AJ’s collision everyone had taken a break, but where back in line. It was finally Nick’s teams turn to try and score. They were losing by a couple of points. “I’m throwing the ball at you…” he pointed at Anita in their huddle.

She gasped in shock “What? I don’t even know how to play this very well…I mean, someone is bound to knock me the hell out.”

Nick grinned “That’s the beauty of football…Anita…to get knocked the fuck out.”

There was not a protest from her as she shrugged it off, looking over at the opposite team. It wouldn’t be so bad if AJ fell on top of her…or if Howie did. She snickered, at her thoughts, hell she wished that Nick was on the opposite side, then she would have collided with him on purpose.

They all lined up again, Ed bent down, holding the ball in his hands, while Nick did his countdown. Then ball was chucked to him and he caught it like a pro against his chest. Anita was nervous as she trotted over to the side, where everyone had left her open, Nick quickly noticed, and threw the ball in her direction, hoping she would be coordinated and catch it.

Catch the ball. Catch the ball. Her mind chanted, as she saw the ball flying closer and closer to her. Reaching up, her hands met with the ball and it bounced off her palms. Shit! She jumped up towards it, catching it as she flopped onto the ground belly first.

“Get up and run” she heard Nick’s voice and swiftly she hopped up and began for their fake goal posts. Her heart was racing with anticipation as she drew closer and then suddenly the wind was knocked out of her, her body crashed to the floor and someone landed right on top of her. “OW” she yelped.

“I’m so sorry…” Emmy jumped up and hopped around in place, doing a victory dance. “Woohoo!! I saved my team.” she chanted walking away and leaving Anita on the ground.

The whole gang ran over to Anita, when they saw that she didn’t get up. “Damn are you alright?” AJ asked kneeling down next to her.

“Um…I think so.” she sat up rubbing her arm, which she had landed on. “It hurts, but I’m a big girl…” All she was thinking was that in the next round, she was going to let that Emmy girl have it and hard.

Nick stretched out his arm and took her hand “Are you sure your ok?” he asked, picking out stray pieces of grass from her hair. She just nodded and continued to limp her way back to their side.

After the game and once everyone was all cleaned up and dressed, they met up at a local restaurant. AJ and Anita were in a match of shoulder shoving each other, while Nick scowled and Howie chuckled at the childish twosome.

“You would think your shoulder would hurt?” AJ ran a hand over her shoulder.

She moved her shirt exposing her skin, to check if there was any bruising “Nope…no harm done really. She just doesn’t like me very much…” she glanced over her shoulder, flashing Nick a teasing smile.

“Are you saying that was my fault?” his mouth dropped slightly as he placed a hand over his chest dramatically. “I have no idea what your talking about woman.”

“Oh please, the girl is all over you…it’s obvious.” Anita conitued with her teasing.

Just as they entered the restaurant they were met with the voices of everyone, that was already there chattering away. “Hey Nick…over here” Emmy waved and patted the empty chair next to her.

AJ, Anita and Howie began to laugh, as Nick huffed in annoyance, making his way towards the bubbly red head. “Hey Emmy…” he took a seat and looked around “Hey guys” he greeted the rest of the crew.

Everyone ate in silence, Anita couldn’t help herself from glancing Nick’s way. The jealousy in her, always sky rocketed when she saw Emmy talking and touching him, for no apparent reason. What bothered her the most was that Nick didn’t seem at all phased by it. He was all smiles and talking away with the girl, just like he did with her, before he knew the big secret.

“He still has feelings for you. You know.” AJ gave her a lopsided smile “I wish I would have listened to you sooner Anita…there isn’t a day that doesn’t go by, that I think about it.” He whispered loud enough for her and Howie to hear.

She grinned and placed a hand over his “AJ it’s ok, it’s not just your fault, you know…its Howie’s too.” she giggled, at Howie’s surprised expression. “I’m just kidding…”

Nick looked up as he heard the threesome in a fit of laughter, it made his blood boil to see her hand over his. He didn’t like the comfort that she seemed to find in AJ, the same comfort she used to find in him. There was a part of him that wanted to give into her so badly, but the other part was still hurt and angry for her lying and just couldn‘t forgive her. He wouldn’t give into her.

In His Eyes by kevmylove

Later that night, Anita curled up on the sofa. She was already used to the guys always being around her, but tonight, she felt just fine being alone. There was no way she would go to a club anytime soon. She just didn’t feel comfortable enough yet. Plus she didn’t want to have to watch Emmy all over Nick, it really made her mad.This sucks, it’s like I think about him more, now that I have him close to me. Why can’t I just forget him and fall for AJ…since Howie is obviously taken. She let out a groan, switching on the TV, and she began to channel surf.

There wasn’t much to do, while moving from state to state and hotel to hotel. She couldn’t understand how the guys, even got used, to such a thing. Then again, it was way better, than being in Hollywood alone, or worse, back home in her cramped up trailer. Although, she had to admit, that she wondered how her mom and sister were doing, it had been a while since she had even spoken to them.

I might have AJ go back home with me, just to check up on them. It’s not like Nick would even bother going. She got up to retrieve a wet cloth, to calm the headache, she had caught at the rather rough football game. Plopping herself back on the couch, she nestled the cold towl on her forehead, with a groan.

“Uncle Nick…is Emmy your girlfriend?” Baylee’s blue eyes, pierced Nick’s with wonder.

Nick cleared his throat, he had to remind himself, not to let Baylee hang out with, his uncle AJ anymore. “No, she’s my friend, just like your mom, Kristen, Leigh…and Anita.” he paused for a second, before saying the last name on his list.

Baylee snickered, “I think Anita is nicer..."

“Why is that little man? You know what, never mind…what do you know about girls?” Nick played with the small child’s hair.

He let out a giggle, as he playfully shoved his uncle, “I know…uncle AJ says that girls smell good, and they are purrdy. Anita is purrdy…don’t you think?”

Nick had to let out a sigh, he had no clue as to how Anita, had become the topic of the night, with a six year old. “Yeah, I guess she is…rather beautiful.”

“I want water!” Baylee looked up at Nick, with puppy eyes.

Nick chuckled “Ok, you don’t have to use the theatrics, little man. We are almost back to the room.” they walked down the hall towards their room. He swiped the card key, and opened the door.

She was slowly starting to doze off, when the door came crashing open. The sound startled her, and she came rolling onto the floor. “Shit”

“Uh…are you alright?” Nick struggled to keep his snickers, under control. His eyes locked with hers as he gave her a hand. “I didn’t remember you were here. Are you alright?” he said, walking to the kitchenette to get Baylee, a bottle of water.

Putting herself back together, she sat back down “No…yeah, I’m fine. I just…you scared the crap out of me.”

“Anita!” Baylee squealed running and diving into her open arms.

She tussled his curls “Hey my little noodle head. How are you doing?” she grinned widely, she found the kid adorable.

He giggled as she poked his ribs playfully “I’m good…thirsty!”

“Here you go, now you know that your dad, said no more TV tonight. It’s bedtime.” Nick handed him the open bottle of water, and stood waiting for him to drink.

With a groan the young child, took a long drink of water “Yes…I know!” he mumbled, letting out a sigh, he kissed Anita on the cheek “Good night Anita…” then trudged to Nick’s room.

Just as they were about to speak, there was a persistent knock on the door. The twosome looked at each other and Nick spoke up “Are you expecting someone?” he made way towards the door “A date maybe?” he smirked.

“Ha…ha…very funny! No! How about you?” she raised a brow and watched, as he opened the door.

“I knew I would find you here…I went to the club and was surprised that you weren’t there…” Emmy trailed off, as her head cocked to the side, and got a glimpse of Anita standing there, with a scowl on her face. “Am I interrupting something?” she asked with attitude and a hand on one of her hips.

“No…I just got here and sent Baylee to bed. Anita was already here, but anyways…what are you doing here?” he scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and irritation. Who did she think she was, questioning him like that.

She pushed her way past him and entered the place, inspecting each corner. “I just wanted to know if you wanted to go downstairs for a drink.” she jumped in his face, snaking her arms around his and grinning widely at him. “Come on…your side girl can watch Baylee.” she giggled, giving Anita a dirty look.

“I’m not a side girl for your information.” Anita finally spoke up, “Why don’t you take her downstairs and get her all liquored up…”

With a roll of his eyes, Nick pried her arms, from around his “Listen, it’s late, I’m in charge of Baylee and I’m not going to give my responsibilities to Anita. We can do something together, when we head back home. I gotta get some sleep, we are heading to Phoenix tomorrow, and I think I‘m catching a cold.”

She rolled her eyes, and stormed towards the door. “I know there is something going on between you two, you can’t fool me.” with that said, she stormed off.

“Whoa! I’m sorry, but your little girlfriend and her squeaky voice, really pisses me off. She is something else, thinking that you and I have something going on.” she huffed.

After closing the door, and locking it, to make sure the nutcase couldn’t get back in. He walked over to Anita and grinned “Yeah, I’m sorry about her, she’s a little confused in general.” they stood face to face, staring into each others eyes.

“Confused…is about right. Saying there is something between us…like that…could happen…” her eyes locked with his, as she spoke in pauses.

He grinned, as his eyes shifted from her mouth, and back up to her eyes “AGAIN!” without thinking, he inched closer to her.

Her instincts were telling her to move, to back up, or better yet, to walk away. Instead, her eyes closed, as she felt his nose touch with hers and his breath tickled her face. Her heart raced, as she felt the brush of his lips against hers, timidly she covered his mouth with hers.

Nick’s hands instinctively cupped the side of her face, as his mouth hungrily covered hers too. He had almost forgotten, the sweet taste of her lips, and how comfortable the warmth of her body felt, against his. Even though he was enjoying the moment, the bad memories flooded his mind, and it suddenly dawned on him, that he had coached himself, not to give in to her, and here he was, in a make out session.

Quickly he pulled away and wiped his mouth “I’m sorry…” he mumbled.

Anita was startled at his sudden reaction, she was still getting used to his changing moods, concerning her “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have…” she bit the side of her bottom lip in disappointment. It hurt to know that, he was obviously regretting his actions, she could see it in his eyes.

“It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have done that.” he nervously raked his fingers through his hair. “It’s just hard…I still can’t forget everything…especially, that you lied to me.”

With a nod and an embarrassed giggle, she shook her head, “I know. I never meant to hurt you, Nick. I didn’t mean to hurt myself either…you’re not the only one, that was affected.” without notice, the tears had gathered in her eyes. With one swift hand movement, she wiped them away. “I should get to my room,” she turned around, ready to head to her room.

‘Wait…” He grabbed her arm gently and turned her around, their eyes locked once again. “Anita…please tell me, why you didn’t tell me the truth.”

Her eyes drifted to the floor, “I was afraid…” she shrugged, “Look what happened anyways…” her gaze fell upon him again, “You didn’t even give me a chance to explain…that I didn’t…”

“You know what, I change my mind. I don’t want to talk about it anymore…” he made way to the kitchenette, trying to give her a hint to leave, but she stormed after him.

“How do you want me to prove the truth, when you wont listen to me. I never did any of the things you accused me of…I might have lied about my family, but at some point in our lives, we were normal like that.” she grabbed his arm, but he pulled away from her grip. “I loved you Nick…”

Nick let out a sigh and turned to face her, with a dirty look. “You LOVED me?” he raised a brow as he stepped closer to her. “So you don’t LOVE me anymore?”

Anita couldn’t help her stuttering, as she felt him pin her against the counter “Well…uh…ye…I…did. There is no point…in loving someone who hates you.”

He knew he was pressing her hard, against the counter “I never said I hated you!”

“You sure act like it. That hurts Nick…” she placed her hands on his chest, and tried to push him away, but he didn’t budge. “NICK!”

Suddenly the door flew open and Nick stumbled back, with a shove from Anita. He froze watching as she flew to her room, then turned to look at everyone, and found four pair of eyes, looking at him curiously.

“Everything alright?” AJ spoke up, making way towards Nick, “What was that all about?”

Nick let out a heavy sigh, and ran his hand over his face “Nothing…it was nothing.” He walked to his room, while AJ and Howie gave each other looks.

“Well that was odd!” Howie shrugged, “Just let it go, you know those two have things to work out.” he nudged AJ, who seemed to be deep in thought.

“Yeah…I know!” he mumbled scratching the back of his head “I just can’t stop feeling bad about it…” he walked to his room.

So Sick by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hey all I know it's been a while. Hope you still like. Thank you!

It was noon when she opened her eyes and shifted in her bunk. It startled her a bit, and then she remembered they were traveling to Phoenix. She took a peek from her curtain and heard the concerned voices in a light argument. She wondered what was going on. What it was about. Giving into finding out later, she groggily stepped out of her bunk and made way into the bathroom. It was always uncomfortable to do things in such a small space, so she always waited till they reached their hotel room.

The encounter with Nick last night was still on her mind. The kiss he had given her was still fresh on her lips. Why couldn’t he just forgive her? She hadn’t done anything wrong. With the exception of lying, but who didn’t lie. Letting out a soft sigh, she spun around and exited the bathroom.

“Hey guys!” she walked into the room full of commotion.

All three guys stopped and turned to look at her, “Morning” they all said in chorus.

Anita giggled and took a seat on the sofa, “Morning guys! So what is all the commotion about? If I may know.”

“Another show cancelled!” Howie huffed, taking a seat across from her.

AJ took a seat next to her and let out a sigh, “Yeah! Nick is really sick…he’s passed out on his bunk. We don’t think it’s a good idea for him to perform. So we just announced the cancellation.”

They all looked pretty bummed. Anita felt bad, but was it really there fault. They were only human and getting sick was something that happened to everyone. They were entitled to be normal.

“You shouldn’t feel bad guys…I understand that you want to please your fans. But I think they wouldn’t want to see a half ass show.” She gave a shrug, got off the couch and walked towards Nick’s bunk.

While the three men just looked at each other.

Nick was in a coughing frenzy. How the hell had he let himself get sick? That was the question swirling in his mind, besides the kiss and argument he’d had with Anita last night. He didn’t understand why he couldn’t get past her lying. Maybe it wasn’t as bad as he was making it. So, she was a normal girl…from a trailer park and her mother was a whore. Thinking it over, it sounded really bad.

He had to admit to himself that it wasn’t the lying that go to him the most. It was the thought of Anita with AJ. For one reason or another he couldn’t get past it. He believed that there was something there. Why was AJ so protective of her then?

Anita moved the curtain to Nick’s bunk and their eyes met. She cleared her throat and bit her lip “Hi. I just wanted to see how you are doing.”

“I’m ok.” he started coughing again, rubbing his nose with the Kleenex. “Stupid cold.”

She felt bad for him. He looked terrible, his face was pale, nose red, and his eyes were watery. “Is there anything I can get you?”

“Not really.” He tried to smile, but coughed again.

“Um…ok. Well let me know if you need anything.” she closed the curtain and went back to laying in her bunk.

It was decided that there was no reason to stop in Arizona and they continued their drive all the way to Las Vegas. Later that evening, everyone shuffled out of the bus and into the Palms hotel. Where they were greeted and helped to their rooms.

Anita felt a flutter in her stomach as she stared out at the view. It was after all her hometown. This was her home. And somewhere out there was her mom and sister. She was happy to have her own room this time around, knowing that bumping into Nick wasn’t bound to happen. Unless she went to look for him, which was already on her mind. After all, she needed to know how he was doing. He was sick.

After a long warm shower, she pulled on her jeans and a t-shirt, brushed her hair and headed out to see Nick. On the way she bumped into AJ and Howie who were dressed to impress.

“Let me guess you guys are going out tonight?“ she smiled.

“Yup…man. I’m tired of being cooped up in a room or on that damn bus. We are taking a break tonight.” Howie whined, adjusting his shirt.

AJ took her hand in his and gave it a squeeze, “Do you want to come?” He asked.

“No thanks guys. I’m going to check on Nick and then call it a night. I‘ve got a really big day tomorrow…”

AJ knew exactly what she was talking about. He gave her hand another squeeze and a reassuring smile. He had promised he’d be there to accompany her. The two men were pleased to know, she was going to visit Nick. That’s exactly what they were hoping she would do.

“Alright then. Good luck with Nick.” Howie said.

“Thanks I need it.” she smiled the last time and continued her way to the end of the hall to room 320. She knocked once and then again. There was no answer. She knocked again.

The door swung open, followed by a stream of sneezes. “Hey…” he finally piped, wiping his nose with the Kleenex.

“You look worse. Here I brought this stuff. It might make you feel better.” she handed over a small paper bag.

He took it and peeked into the bag, he couldn’t help smiling. “Vicks vapor rub! Wow now that’s kinky…?”

“I knew you‘d think so…come on…I’ll help you.”

They walked into the room, and she quickly took in the scent of his cologne lingering in the air. He took a seat and watched her as she busied herself taking out all her remedies. She dosed him with Nyquil first. Then requested he take off his shirt.

He looked at her puzzled, “What? Are you going to rub it on yourself?” She cocked her head to the side.

“Um…ok…”

She watched intently as he pulled the shirt up over his head. Her eyes scanned his bare chest and shoulders and she felt the urge to jump him. Carefully she dipped her fingers into the mush, feeling an icy prickle on her fingers. Gently she ran her fingers and palm over his skin.

Nick swallowed hard as he felt her hands running over his chest, around his shoulders and up his neck. The substance was leaving a tingling feeling all over his body. The trail of her hands were giving him a hot rush in his private region. He cleared his throat, trying to keep his mind off doing things to Anita he hadn’t done before.

“Earth to Nick…” she waved her hand in his face, a smile wide on her face. Anita had a pretty good idea about what was on Nick’s mind. Because she was thinking the same exact thing. “You are all set. Now you need to get back in bed.”

He put his shirt back on and laid back on the bed, while she put everything back in the bag. She placed her hands in her pocket when she was done.

“Thank you!” He said, folding his arms under his head. Nick wasn‘t sure if his question would be inappropriate, after all, there was still a lot of unfinished and unanswered issues between the two of them. “Do you want to make me company?”

Without hesitation Anita took the offer and sat on the opposite side of the bed. She felt slightly uncomfortable being on the same bed as him. They had been in good terms the last time something like that had happened.

“It’s ok to lay down. I don’t bite. I promise.” Nick chuckled, waiting for her to lay down.

Her movements were a bit robotic, as she awkwardly laid back onto the soft pillows. Her eyes gazing up at the ceiling. “This is awkward.” she stated.

He let out a soft laugh. “Yeah, it is. But it doesn’t have to be. Just because we…you know…doesn’t mean we can’t sit here like two adults and talk. Right?”

“Right,” the word came out of her mouth, but she didn’t believe it. The butterflies were going insane in her stomach and she felt her cheeks burning. “So where is your obnoxious girlfriend?” Anita glanced over at Nick.

“Hyper girl had to leave us for these two shows.” Nick flopped onto his side, using his elbow for support and resting his head on his hand. “What about you and AJ?” He had thought it, but hadn’t planned out asking it out loud.

Anita got into the same position as Nick, she stared into his blue eyes and smiled. “I told you…there is nothing between AJ and I. He’s become a good friend, it’s the least he can do.”

“They really carried you into the limo…you had no idea where you were?”

She nodded, remembering the fateful day. There had been lots of drinking and some dancing and lastly a surprise road trip California. “Yup. I know I should have told you. But truthfully would you have believed me. NO…AJ kept pressuring me and at some point even threatened to…never mind.”

“This has become sort of a nightmare for you hasn’t it?” he questioned, almost feeling sorry for Anita.

“Hell no.” She responded, trying to smile. Anything was better than being home. “Anything is better than living in a trailer park, with a drunken mother and sister who whore themselves for a living. Not to mention that I had men wanting to do the same with me. I guess that could be the main reason I never said anything. I knew you wouldn’t believe me and you’d send me back.”

A single tear ran down her cheek. She had tried to hold them in, but one had slyly escaped. It wasn’t easy to be this vulnerable around Nick anymore. He didn’t even care about her anymore.

Nick raised a finger and slid it across her cheek, wiping away the tear. “You could have told me. I was so in love with you, I would have believed you and I would have helped you.”

“You were?” The way he put it in past tense made her stomach coil. “I guess you don’t any--” She lost her voice, as she felt his hand cup her face and his mouth brush against hers.

He engulfed her lips and slid his tongue into her mouth, as he pushed her back and eased his way onto her body. Her hands curled into his shirt as she pulled him closer, allowing his body to rest between her legs. Even though Nick gave her a sense of security, she was having disturbing flashes of her last sexual encounter. Fear settled in the pit of her stomach, as she felt Nick’s hands unbuttoning her pants.

“Please stop!” She snapped, pushing him away.

He looked at her startled, “What’s the matter?” Nick questioned out of breath.

“I…I can’t Nick. I’m sorry.” She busied herself buttoning her pants, and pulling down her shirt. “Really I--”

Then it hit him, he’d forgotten the incident. He gave himself a mental head slap and stumbled on his words. “Shit…I’m sorry…I…kinda…I forgot about. Shit!”

“It’s ok…I just need to close my eyes for a second,” she closed her eyes, trying hard to forget the bad memories and replacing them with thought of Nick. Instead she thought of nothing. Nothing but sleeping.

Disaster Zone by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you for those that are still sticking with Anita and Nick. Thanks for the kind reviews too.

The next morning Nick opened his eyes and was startled to find Anita curled up beside him. Then he remembered what had happened last night. He didn’t know what had come over him, he didn’t regret it in the least bit. But he felt bad, that he’d made Anita uncomfortable.

 

Putting the bad thoughts to the side, he let out a sigh and took in the fact that she was there, right beside him. 

 

It had been a long while, since he had been so close to her. His finger tips traced her cheek, her eyes and over her lips. There was a small ache in his heart, because he knew that his feelings for her hadn’t changed a bit. That had been made clear last night. “Why can’t I stop loving you?” He questioned himself out loud.

 

AJ knocked on the door, he was anxious to know what had happened between the twosome. Anita wasn’t in her room. Which could only mean that she was with Nick. Nick grumbled and headed for the persistent knocking. “Dude what?” He muttered swinging the door open.

 

“Is she here?”

 

“What do you care man?” Nick retorted, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “We were talking last night and she must have fallen asleep.”

 

AJ was grinning ear to ear. The twosome were making progress he thought. If they could only get past their differences. “Alright then. Well can you tell Anita I can’t go with her today to see her mother. Something came up.”

 

Nick nodded his head a bit confused. She hadn’t mentioned anything about seeing her family last night. Maybe she was to embarrassed to let him know. “Cool I’ll let her know.”


 

Later that afternoon Anita slowly got dressed, although she hadn’t seen her family in a couple of months. Something about returning to that horrible place, made her nervous. The thought of her mother and sister still selling their bodies for money really made her uneasy. She tied her shoes, put her hair into a loose ponytail, grabbed her key card and began for the door. 

 

She let out a yelp, when she crashed into Nick at the door. Her hand flew to her chest and gasped, “Oh my God you scared me. Hey. Is everything ok?” she looked at him confused and slightly embarrassed about the night before. They hadn’t spoken since then, he’d been gone when she woke up in his bed.

 

“Yeah. I just thought…” Nick scratched the back of his head. “Since AJ can’t go with you…maybe you wouldn’t want to go alone. I’d come with you.” He shrugged his shoulder, thinking she’d probably say ‘no’.

 

She smiled wide and shook her head, “That would be great. God knows I need the support.”

 

Twenty minutes later, the Lincoln was pulling into a dirt road. Trailers were lined up on both sides of the road. Some looked like they needed to be demolished and others looked too new and fancy to be where they were. The one they had stopped in front of was a mess. It had light blue chipping paint, no screens on the windows, towels were used as curtains and the screen door was falling off it’s hinges. 

 

Anita felt a warmth of embarrassment creep up her neck and cheeks. She couldn’t’ believe that she was bringing Nick to such a disaster zone. He already thought the worst of her, this wouldn’t help any. Especially if there was something raunchy going on inside.  

 

“How about you wait for me here. I just want to make sure that…”

 

He placed a hand on her shoulder, “Are you sure you want to do this? We can go back to the hotel right now?” 

 

Nick felt bad, he could see the embarrassment and concern in her eyes. Her cheeks were red and she was biting her lip. Her hands crossed over her chest, hands clamped on her upper arms. “I have to see them. Make sure that they are ok.”

 

He gave her a nod and she began for the door slowly. Her stomach was flipping about, her mouth had gone dry and her hands were sweating. She didn’t know what to expect when she opened the door. The bad memories were all coming back. The days of walking in on her mother with someone. Having to fight off strangers who wanted to hurt them. 

 

She turned to look at Nick one last time and then placed her hand on the door knob. Swallowing the knot of nerves in her throat, she turned it and pushed the door open. The scent of stale food, alcohol, cigarette and fornication blew into her face as the door swung open. “Hello?” Anita hollered, not seeing anyone in the small and cramped living room or the tiny kitchen. 

 

The floor was littered with candy wrappers, pizza boxes, beer cans. The counter had at least a weeks worth of dirty dishes, and rotten food, roaches scattered as she made way towards the hallway. “MOM! Alva!” she walked into the small room. The one she used to share with her sister. The room was just as messy as the rest of the trailer. She couldn’t believe that humans were in living in such a place. Clothes decorated the floor, along with other things that she wouldn’t bother to identify and the sheets on the bed were bunched up at the end of the bed. 

 

A part of her was happy to know there wasn’t a soul in the house. She was hoping that they had left and found something better. That there was no way that either one of her loved ones, were living in such chaos. Leaning her back against the wall, she wiped away the tears that were flooding her eyes. Then she saw it. There was a trail of bloody handprints along the wall and it stopped at the bathroom door. She felt her heart stop beating and her stomach shrink inside of her. 

 

“NICK!” she shouted, unable to move a muscle. Afraid to find out what was behind the door. 

 

Nick sprint to the door, hopped up the three stairs and stumbled through the door. Instantly wrinkling his nose, as the stench hit him full force. He looked around startled at the state of the place, where the woman he loved once lived. His eyes met with hers at the end of the tiny hall, she was bent over gasping for air. “Anita what happened?” 

 

“Blood…there is blood on the walls. Please open the door to the bathroom. I don’t have the guts to do it…” She bent over again, trying to control the spinning around her. 

 

Nick sucked in a breath and pushed the door open. “Holy shit!” He whispered and walked into the bathroom. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Without thinking he placed his hands on the woman’s neck and let out a sigh.

 

“What is it?” she asked, inching slowly towards the bathroom door. ‘Holy shit’ could indicate many things. The place was still spinning and she could hear the beating of her heart like it was in her ears. She took hold of the door frame and let out a shriek when she saw her sister in the tub. Her body turning blue, eyes closed, sitting in pool of blood and water. “Alva…” 

 

A couple of hours later Anita found herself sitting in a white bland room, watching the monitor screens…making sure the lines kept moving up and down. The beeping of the machines were driving her nuts, but they indicated that her sister was still breathing, that she was still alive. 

 

“I shouldn’t have left them alone. I was supposed to be here to take care of them.” Anita kept mumbling, running her hands over her face, tears running down her cheeks. There was so much guilt inside of her, nothing like this had happened when she had been there.

 

Nick placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. He knelt down to her level, and wiped away her tears with the side of his hand. “You can’t blame yourself for their choices Anita. Somehow I’m pretty sure, this would have happened whether you were there or not.”

 

Alva stirred on the bed, she looked around disoriented. Anita sprung out of the chair and approached her sister. The woman was looking like death. She was pale, her lips still tinted blue, black circles around her eyes. Her lips were chapped, she was much thinner then when Anita had left and she had a bunch of small punctures on her arms. 

 

“Alva…”  Her sister furrowed her brows and looked at her like she was a stranger. “Who are you?” She asked. “I don’t know you. Where am I?” The beeping started to increase, as Alva’s eyes settled on Nick. “Who is he…he’s gonna hurt me.” she started yelling. Flailing her arms, the IV ripping out of her hand and falling to the floor. She was kicking and screaming, while Anita and Nick tried to subdue her. “Get him away…he’s gonna rape me.” 

“Alva it’s me…your sister and he’s not going to hurt you. He’s my friend.” No matter what Anita said or did, Alva was in a thrashing rage.

 

The doctor and nurses sprinted into the room, pushing the twosome to the side. All four nurses held down her arms and legs, while the doctor poked her with a needle. Immediately she stopped and her eyes closed once again. 

 

“What the hell is her problem? Why doesn’t she know me? That’s temporary right…it’s the drugs or the medication you’ve been giving her. Please tell me---” Anita broke into a sob, as she got a sympathetic look from the doctor.

 

He nodded his head, pushing his hands into his white coat pockets. “I’m sorry…but your sister is in some kind of state. We have to do more tests on her to give you an exact diagnosis. Probably a psychological evaluation. By the punctures in her arms, and the state she came in…and the results of her blood tests. She’s been doing a very large amount of drugs. We’ll have to keep her for observation. I’d suggest that you get some rest and come back tomorrow.”

 

Anita reluctantly nodded, taking one last glimpse of her sister. The drive back to the hotel was quiet. Nick was still trying to take in the day’s events. He couldn’t imagine having to live with things like that happening day in and day out. His eyes fell upon her, she was leaned away from him, her head on the window and her hands came up to her face, to wipe away the stray tears. 

 

He reached out and placed his arm around her neck. She turned when she felt the warmth of his arm. Their eyes held for a long moment and without saying anything she buried her face into his chest, her warms wrapping around his stomach. He tightened his arms around her. “I’m sorry.” Nick whispered. It was all that he could bring himself to say at the moment.

See You Later by kevmylove

Anita sat in her hotel room staring at the wall in front of her. She didn’t remember how long she’d been sitting there, but she knew that she’d come to a conclusion. A painful conclusion. Anyways, after tonight’s show the guys would go on their short vacation time, with their families and she wouldn’t want to impose. They’d been more than good to her, and she felt that she could stand on her own two feet now. Hopefully!

There was a faint knock at the door, she hesitated to open, but stood up and trudged to the door. When she opened the door AJ was standing there with a glum look on his face, but he looked all dressed up for the show.

“Hey…I heard about your sister. I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to flake out on you, but I couldn’t…”

Anita forced a smile, as she sniffled away the tears. “It’s ok. Nick was a lot of help. You’re looking sharp.”

“Thanks! So I have to go, but I thought I’d come by and see how you are doing.” Without warning he pulled her in for a tight hug. “Everything is going to be alright Anita. You will see. Anyways things are always brighter in California.”

She squeezed him tight, ignoring his California comment. “I hope so AJ. I really do.”

They parted and he gave her a playful chin chuck. “Well we are leaving after the show tonight, so I hope you got your things ready.”

“Yeah about that…”

AJ’s bodyguard came from the elevator and motioned that it was time for him to get downstairs. “Sorry, but it’s show time. I wish you would be there, but I know you will be at the hospital. We’ll be coming by after the show…” he was already walking as he said the last words. “Bye,” he mouthed hopping into the elevator.

There was already a nasty ache in her heart, no more company, hotel rooms, laughter, comfort. It would all end tonight and it was scary to her. “You’ll be fine.” She told herself as she closed the door.

Later that evening she stared out the hospital window at nothing but darkness, she wondered how the show was going and if the guys would really be coming by afterwards.

“Anita…” She recognized the voice, even though it was faint.

Quickly she rushed to her sister’s side, “Alva…you remember me.”

“Uh…of course I do. What the hell am I doing here?” Alva stood up and looked around the room. “I need to get out of here. Every time I end up here, they want to put me away. You’re not going to let them put me away right Anita? Have you come back to stay?”

Anita swallowed hard imagining going back to that miserable life of hers. It seemed that things might not change for her, that once Alva was back home she’d go back to being herself. And for a split second she contemplated her decision.

The show hadn’t been all a success, Nick knew he didn’t sound his best. But there hadn’t been anything he could do about it. The only thing that kept him from having a fit was the decision he’d made, since that day in the hospital. There was something that he needed to do. Something he should have done a while back.

“Everything ok man? Looks like you’re thinking too hard.” AJ snickered.

Nick couldn’t help to grin, “As a matter of fact I am thinking.”

“I hope you’re thinking about something positive and not about how sucky you were tonight. It’s not your fault man.”

“Uh…I’m going to ignore that, but thanks.” They walked down the corridor and out a backdoor to a waiting limo. It was almost midnight and they were pretty sure that they wouldn’t get to go into Alva’s hospital room. “I just hope to sound better tomorrow…especially, with Kevin finally giving into appearing at one of our shows. Sometimes I still don’t understand why he left.”

AJ shrugged, hell, he didn’t even understand it either. “He’s an old fart…why else? Oh wait…what about marriage and Mason.”

Nick rolled his eyes at AJ and his smart ass, “Very funny…dumbass!”

The limo pulled up to the emergency entrance and they all filed out, except for Brian who had gone back to the hotel room with Leighanne and Bailey. They all stood around while Nick asked for Alva or Anita.

“Do you know the last name?” The chubby cheeked nurse asked, looking at him like she could be doing something more productive than answering his question. “I can’t find her without a last name.”

“Shit…” he meant to mumble, but the word was clear. “Isn’t there a way you can just call for Anita over the speaker…tell her Nick Carter is in the lobby. Please.” He wondered if the woman even knew who he was, by the looks of it, no.

With a quick roll of her eyes and a loud sigh of agitation, she lazily took the phone and while looking at Nick called for Anita through the speaker. “There…now don’t blame me if you get a bunch of fake Anita’s coming to look for you.” She spun around and mumbled clearly enough, “Damn celebrities!”

Nick walked over to where AJ was leaning against the wall, and Howie was sitting in a chair with his eyes closed. “Damn woman did know who I was.” Nick and AJ both glimpsed at Howie, who was softly snoring. “Looks like Kevin isn’t the only old fart!” Nick snickered.

“I heard that!” Howie muttered with his eyes still closed.

“Hey guys!” Anita stood with a big grin on her face. “You should be glad most of the girls that know who you are…are confined to a hospital bed.”

Nick couldn’t help the dumb grin on his face, although she was looking tired, he thought she looked amazing. “It was the only way to do it! How is your sister?”

Anita shrugged, “She’s a bit better. At least she can recognize me now. It’s going to take a lot of time for her to get better.”

That statement didn’t sound so good. It actually seemed to alter his plans a bit. “What does that mean?”

“What happened?” Howie woke up abruptly. “Did I miss something?”

“Jesus Howard…come on let’s go get some air.” The twosome walked out into the chilly night and AJ quickly lit up a cigarette.

Nick and Anita stared at each other in silence for a beat. “Um…I was thinking and…well…I wanted to know if you…”

Anita took two steps and was up close to Nick, she placed her finger over his lips and shook her head. She bit down on her lip, “Please don‘t say it. Don‘t make this hard for me…”

He looked at her confused, “What are you talking about? I really need to tell you something. Something I should have said a while back.”

“I’m staying Nick.”

“Wait…what? Ok…um…I’ll be right back.” Without another word, she watched him storm out to where the other two were. He was talking to himself, arms flailing. The other two looked at him puzzled and decided to leave him be.

AJ walked up to Anita, just as confused as Nick had looked. “What the hell is going on? Blondie is out there arguing with himself. He said something about you staying here. Is that really a safe choice?”

“Yeah I mean, we wouldn’t mind you coming back home with us. You know that we all…”

She cut the guys off, with a wave of her hand. “I know! I know guys. But my sister needs me and I have to find my mother. It…I know that it sounds insane…but they are my family.”

Howie and AJ looked at each other, although they weren’t too crazy about her decision. They had to respect it.

“I’m not good with goodbyes so I’ll be the first to say it.” Howie frowned, “I’m sorry…for what we did.”

Anita smiled and hugged him tight, “I’m not…not anymore. Because of what happened, I’m a different person. I’m stronger.” They parted and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Stop feeling guilty…thank you…for everything.”

He nodded and returned the kiss on the cheek. “Take care of yourself and your sister. Maybe we will meet again soon.” He gave her hand one last squeeze and headed out to meet with Nick.

“Wow he got all mushy…” AJ laughed nervously. “I guess I can respect your decision too. Man, I thought you would come back home with us. Nick is gonna be devastated.” AJ whined, he pulled her in for one of his big hugs. “I’m sorry once again for all that we put you through…or should I say what I put you through.”

“You were a jerk for a while. A big one, but who knew there was such a sweet guy behind all that.” She giggled, there was a knot in her throat. “I’m gonna miss you…”

He shrugged and smiled widely, “Of course…it’s hard NOT to miss me. Well I should cut this short…before you get all….mushy too. Listen, just take care of yourself and you know where to find us…me.” He kissed her cheek and gave her one last hug.

She bit her lip to keep from crying. “You take care too and be good.”

When she saw AJ disappear through the sliding doors, and Nick didn’t budge from his position outside. She decided it was best to go back up to Alva’s room, she spun around already feeling the tears run down her face. It hurt so bad to say goodbye, probably because she knew that they would never see each other again.

“Anita!”

Her stomach clenched and her heart skittered in her chest as she heard him say her name. sniffling away the tears she slowly turned around to face Nick. Quickly he was right in front of her, his tired blue eyes gazing into hers. “I can’t leave without telling you something. First of all I want apologize for being so hard on you. I was hurt and mad…I shouldn’t have reacted like that and I should have let you explain.”

“It’s alright Nick. I shouldn’t have lied…”

“I love you!” He just blurted it out and took her face in his hands and kissed her hard. His heart felt like it might burst, he didn’t know if it was from the excitement of being so close to her ,or if it was the realization that instead of this being a makeup kiss, this was a goodbye kiss.

She held on tight to him, she wanted the kiss to last forever…that moment to never end. There was an ache in her heart, because she knew this would be the last kiss from him. That life would go on tomorrow and with time he’d forget her. “I love you too Nick…always have and always will.” She caressed his face and gave him a crooked smile. “Please go now…goodbye!”

“See you later…” He didn’t know if it that would happen. That he’d see her later, but it felt easier to say, than goodbye. He watched her disappear into the hallway, and stood there staring at nothing.

“Come on man…we got a bus to catch.” AJ placed a hand on his shoulder and guided him back out, where they all quietly climbed back into the limo. “The show must go on man.”

Crazy Things by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

OMG!! I finally finished this story...now I'm sad. I just hope you guys like it, I'm not good at endings. period.

Thank you all for the reviews and for embarking on Anita and NIck's journey. I hope you enjoyed it.

 

The spot was now covered with grass, but the silver plate still looked brand new. She took a seat Indian style and grinned widely. “Happy new years eve daddy. I did it…changed my life around and hopefully Alva’s too. Mom is pretty much a lost cause. We go see her every now and then, but she doesn’t know who we are. I hope that she’s forgotten about all the bad things…just like she forgot us.”

She took the bouquet of flowers and freed them from the plastic wrapping, then arranged them carefully into the empty and rusty container. Anita was pretty sure that no one else had bothered to visit her father. “I just wanted you to know that we are ok…that we are going to be fine. I mean, my heart is still mending, but I’ll be fine.”

Just for a moment she had memories of Nick flash through her mind. It happened here and there, no matter how much she told herself to forget him. It was impossible. Those three words he’d just blurted out that one night, the night she had decided to let him go. She didn’t regret her decision, but she wished it was possible to help her sister and keep the man she loved.

Anita gathered her things and said her goodbyes to her father and headed for home. Home, was no longer the mobile home. It was a nice two bedroom apartment in a nice community, where no one knew their past and people saw them as two decent young girls living on their own. Alva had a part time job at a local Starbucks, which she seemed to enjoy. She was still struggling to get cleaned up, but she was being a good sport about it all. Now she was happily working, and on her spare time she tried to keep herself busy.

Anita had landed an office job at an income tax service office and was trying to finish up her studies, while she tried to care for her mother who was placed in a facility for the mentally ill. She’d lost all recognition of herself, her life and her two daughters and although it was saddening when they visited, they were at ease that their mother couldn’t remember the type of person she’d been.

It had been a long day for Anita, tons of paperwork to fill and lots of numbers to crunch. Then the uncomfortable bus ride to the cemetery and the quick visit to a hell bent mother who was having a fit; reason unknown. Now, she couldn’t wait to step into her apartment and rest. She unlocked the door and spun around to stare out into the distance, where she could see the tip of the casinos on the strip. Today was new years eve and she wondered where the guys would be spending it. She pushed the door open, praying that she could just go to her bed and fall asleep.

“Hello there!” Alva greeted her with a wide smile.

“I have to admit that you smiling like that…seriously scares me.” Anita teased her sister as she headed towards her room. She dumped her bag and sweater on the floor and slipped off her heels. “What? What scam have you got me into now?”

“Get ready, I am not about to spend this evening cooped up in this house. While watching you mope. We are going for a night on the town!”

Anita wasn’t in the mood to go out tonight. She was tired and knew she’d have to get up early to go to work the next morning. “How the hell are we going out? When we don’t have money and we both have to work tomorrow.”

Alva rolled her eyes, now she knew exactly why Anita had always annoyed her. She was uptight and worst of all self righteous to the max. “You need to relax woman. I have it all under control…the money and even tickets to a club.”

Anita rolled her eyes back at her sister; crossing her arms over her chest she took a seat on the corner of her bed. “No Wonder Mr. Finney told me to have a great time tonight and not worry about coming in tomorrow. You are so sneaky.”

Her sister grinned from ear to ear which made her a bit uneasy. “We are going to have a blast tonight. You will see.” Alva let out a squeal and jumped onto her sister, sending them tumbling onto the bed. Anita let out a sigh, with all this going out talk she’d started thinking about Nick again. Wondering where he was or what he could be doing. It’d been a little over a month already and she was well aware that men; especially men like Nick, moved on quickly. He was probably somewhere embracing a beautiful blonde with the body of a goddess and the sex drive of a teen.

She turned to look at her sister who was now rummaging in the closet for something to wear. Picking Alva over Nick had been a very hard thing to do, mostly, because she hadn’t been sure that the outcome would be worth it. Now looking at her sister who was back to normal, gave her the reassurance that she’d made the right decision.

No matter how painful it had been.

Nick paced the room scratching his head; he’d been pacing for the past twenty minutes. He was wondering if he’d made the right move, after all, maybe everything had fallen in place already.

“You’re gonna make a hole in the floor if you don’t stop pacing.” AJ startled Nick who came to an abrupt stop.

“What if they don’t come? What if she…” he swallowed hard at the thought, it’d only been a month, but a lot could happen in a month. “…well…if she has somebody already? And I make a fool out of myself?”

AJ shrugged, he didn’t have an answer for that. He’d made an ass out of himself plenty of times and he seemed to be just fine. “You will be ok…look at me…I‘m ok.”

“Barely…” Nick joked, but didn’t even smile.

“Oh shut up!” AJ gave Nick a smack in the back of the head and slung an arm around his shoulders. “Stop tripping dude…we have this private show tonight to ring in the new year. We gotta concentrate on that. Come on…” The twosome were escorted by their bodyguards through the hotel and down to the club for rehearsals.

“Holy shit! Nick Carter look at the babe you’ve become.” The blonde grinned from ear to ear.

Nick smiled back and pulled her in for a hug, “Wow I’m happy to see you. I didn’t know if you would make it…but I’m so glad you did.”

“Well how could I turn down an invitation like this. I need a drink!” She took him by the arm and they took a seat at the bar.

“I haven’t seen you in a long while. Thought you forgot all about me.”

“You seriously think I could forget you…you’re…”

AJ interrupted the twosome by swooping the blonde into his arms and spinning her around. “Well look who is here…I hope you can cheer up this guy, cause he’s been a bag of emotions. I mean if he doesn’t cry at least…”

Nick scowled at his friend, “Shut up!” He wasn’t going to lie, he’d cried a couple of times, but it was in private. “I don’t cry!”

“Sure…sure…” AJ continued to tease.

The blonde grinned widely, “I know for a fact that you cry…I’ve seen it with my own eyes.”

“Anyways…are we going to sit around or are we going to order some drinks?” Nick waved down the bartender, relieved to have distracted the twosome.

“Now we’re talkin Carter…now we’re talkin.” The blonde grinned widely. The threesome sat at the bar and had their drinks.

Night had fallen, and quickly. Now that it was dark and the city lights were glowing around her, she was excited. She couldn’t wait to see what the club looked like or the amount of people that would be there. The taxi came to a halt in front of the Hard Rock hotel and even though she was excited, a feeling of worry came over her. Where had Alva gotten the money?

“Ok before you start tripping out. I didn’t steal…bust tricks or anything like that. Later tonight I will explain everything to you. Now…let’s just check this place out and relax.” Alva fluffed her hair, pulled down her tight dress and grabbed her sisters hand and they headed into the hotel.

The twosome pushed through the doors and then Anita froze. Her eyes were fixed on a poster of familiar faces. “Did you know about that?”

“Maybe. Alright…yes, I did. You sacrificed your happiness for me and that is not fair, although I greatly appreciate it. Nick is going to be here and I know that you still love him. Things could---”

Anita interrupted her sister, “No. I wont get my hopes up and then have them shattered by seeing him with some blonde bimbo. I just wont. We need to go home!”

Alva crossed her arms and huffed. “I will not go home. You can go home if you wish, but I’m staying to have a good time. You should do the same.”

Anita wanted to be mad at her sister, for putting her in such a situation, but she was happy and giddy to think that Nick was in the same place she was. Could there really be a glimmer of hope for her? “Fine, but I swear that if my heart breaks tonight. I’m killing you on the way home and I’ll dump your scrawny body in the desert.”

Her younger sister smiled, “That’s a deal.” Alva knew that nothing could go wrong. At least, she was hoping it wouldn’t. She was hoping that Nick wouldn’t have someone new, and he’d have the balls to speak up.

Nick was warm and feeling good. Spending time with any of his siblings was always fun, but Angel was the best. She always made him feel better. “So, it’s almost time. It’s already 11 o’clock, and we gotta get ready. I’ll see you front row.” He kissed his sister on the forehead and headed to his dressing room.

Howie and Brian were getting their makeup done, while AJ was struggling with the zipper of his pants. “Man it’s packed out there. It’s a full house. People still love us.”

Howie curled his lip, “Of course they do you moron.”

Brian sighed, “I do wish I was home though. I like spending time with you guys, but I’d really like a quiet time with my family.”

“We hear ya Bri.” Nick patted his band mate on the back. “Maybe next year.”

The host walked in and greeted the guys and then announced that they had 10 minutes before they had to be on stage. The guys hustled to get ready and practiced their vocals, before they knew it the ten minutes were up and they were being guided to the stage.

Nick’s heart always fluttered when he saw the amount of fans that still followed them. HE searched the place for a familiar face, and felt his heart sink when he didn’t see it. She wouldn’t come. She’d probably moved on already.

Anita hid in the back, there was no way she had the guts to sit in the front row, where her real seats were. She didn’t have the guts to face him. Her eyes lit up as she saw the guys on stage, and caught a glimpse of Nick’s smile. She could tell that he was looking for someone, most likely his new love interest.

“Stop being a dumbass and come to the front with me. I feel like such a tard just sitting there alone. Please.”

With a deep breath Anita gave into her sister and they both headed towards the front. The guys were already singing a song, one she couldn’t even make out at the time. She was too nervous to pay attention.

Nick was keeping up with the steps, chorusing with his band mates when his eyes landed on the familiar face. She looked nervous, which made him smile. Then their eyes locked and he smiled widely at her. His heart pounded with excitement. He would have given anything to be able to stop singing and hop off the stage. But, he contained himself and sang through most of the songs.

It was almost time to ring in the new year, Brian reminded everyone. As Brian began to sing, he saw her get up.

You are my fire…the one…desire. Believe when I say…that I want it that way.

Anita couldn’t ring in the year knowing that Nick would leave again. That she’d seen him and now all her feelings were back, and it was all in vain. Nothing would come of it. She was already standing, and headed for the door. Then stopped as she heard Nick sing her name.

Anita…but we are two worlds apart…I can’t reach to your heart…when you say…I want it that way…

Slowly she turned around to watch him sing directly at her. Most of the people had turned to find out who the lucky Anita, that Nick Carter had sang to was. She stood in the same place watching as they sang the last of the song and Brian once again began to talk. Announcing that there were only ten minutes before everyone rang in the new year. Nick quickly jumped off the stage and trotted over to Anita.

He came to a stop right in front of her, “I didn’t think you would come.”

“I didn’t know you invited me.”

He smirked. “I’m glad your sister is good at keeping secrets then. You look great.”

She smiled and felt a hot rush run through her body. “You too.”

The twosome could feel all eyes on them, but it didn't phase them. They were in a trance, staring into each others eyes, neither one daring to make the first move. Time stood still even thought they could hear everyone in the club counting down to one. Cheers erupted and the twosome broke from their trance.

“Happy new year!” Nick wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in for a hug.

She responded by throwing her arms around his neck and squeezing him as tight as she could. “Happy new year!” She whispered into his ear. “I missed you so much.”

They parted and he traced her cheek with his finger. “Hell, I did too.”

“So, the question here is…do you still love me?” Anita bit her bottom lip waiting for his response.

“When you love somebody you do crazy things…right?” She nodded in agreement. “Then if I bought a house here in Vegas…does that make me crazy?” He didn’t wait for her response, “Of course I still love you. I always have.”

Then he kissed her.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8352