That's Where It Is by sarahmarie0727
Summary: Jennifer O'Malley is going through a rough divorce and trying to be a pediatric cardiologist nurse while raising her five-year-old daughter in Boston. Kevin Richardson is, also, recovering from a rough divorce and isn't necessarily looking for anything more in life. But what happens when Kevin and Jennifer meet? Everything seems to fall into place...or no?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1168 Read: 1835 Published: 04/07/07 Updated: 04/09/07

1. Prologue by sarahmarie0727

2. Chapter 1 by sarahmarie0727

Prologue by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
I'm back!! Wow, it's been forever! [Or so it seems]. My internet has finally returned until June, then I'm moving out of my home and I'm not sure how long it will be down then =/. But I've decided to write a new story! It's very hard to pick up with the old stories because I left them for so long. But please R&R! It's a Kevin story! [Which is new for me!] Let me know what you think.
"Jennifer, you have got to move on with your life!" My best friend and co-worker, Kelly Townsend, sighed heavily as we stripped one of the many hospital beds and threw the sheets into a large laundry cart.

"Who said I'm not moving on?" I frowned and pushed the cart on to the next room.

"Um, it's all over your face, sweetheart," she smirked and began to tug at the sheet on the next bed. I rolled my eyes, but secretly in my heart I felt all the pain my closest friends knew I was experiencing. "Honey, he moved on. You need to follow in his footsteps." I wanted to throw something at her for saying that.

"Follow in his footsteps?" I asked, anger filling my voice. "Are you serious, Kelly? I mean, think about what you just said." I spat out and threw the sheet in the laundry cart.

"I didn't mean that you should be like him in the sense that you became liar and a cheater, I meant you shouldn't let him hold you back like this," she sighed. "I'm your best friend, for God's sake. You need to move on with your life. Not just for your life, either. For Paige's." I sighed. I knew she was right, deep down. I just didn't want to admit it. Unfortunately, she is my best friend and she knows me better than I know myself. "Listen, I know you know I'm right." She smirked. "Just hear me out. I'm flying down to Kentucky for the weekend. David wants to go visit his parents. Come with us. You and Paige both."

"Oh, I don't know," I shook my head. "Paige's birthday is coming up and I'm sure she'll want to see Jeff." I sighed, referring to my daughter and my new ex-husband. "I really shouldn't be so selfish to take her out of the state."

"Jenn, shut the hell up and replay what you just said in your head!" Kelly freaked out as we made our way to the next room. "The man cheated on you and you took him back. He then preceeded to bring the woman to your home and leave his mess there. Then he left you. He moved out, Jenn! And you're seriously going to sit there and tell me that you're the selfish one?! You have got to be kidding me," she shook her head in disgust.

Maybe she was right. Maybe it was time to move on.
Chapter 1 by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the short wait. PLEASE review!!
The room was full of familiar faces. Even though I wasn't thrilled about returning to good ole' Kentucky for a visit, I was finally happy to be back home again. Shockingly, Kelly and I had grown up together in Irvine, Kentucky and decided to go to college in state at Lexington University. After that, we went to graduate school together in Boston.

"Now who is this beautiful little girl?" I heard a deep voice from behind me. I smiled when I recognized who it was.

"I didn't expect to see you. I thought for sure you'd be off making the big bucks somewhere," I smiled as he enveloped me into a big hug.

"Then you must not keep up with your media stories very well," he winked. "I left the Backstreet Boys a few months ago. Things just got rough at home and I needed to leave." He shrugged.

"Mommy," the little girl I had momentarily forgotten about tugged on my shirt. "Who's that?"

"Oh, I almost forgot," I smiled back at Kevin. "This is my daughter, Paige. Paige, honey, this is an old friend of mine. This is Mr. Richardson." I introduced and smiled up at Kevin. He looked fairly similar to the last time I had seen him, yet so different at the same time. His face was drawn out with stress written all over it. His eyes looked as though they were full of pain.

"It's nice to meet you, Paige," Kevin smiled and knelt down to her level to shake her hand. She giggled and put her little hand in his. "If you ever wanna know some pretty funny stories of your mommy, I'm the one to come to. I knew your mommy when she was about your age." I smiled. He was right. Kevin was four years older than me, so growing up we played together every once and a while.

"Paige, honey! Come here a second!" Kelly yelled over. I nodded down to Paige, allowing her to be excused from the conversation.

"Bye Mr. Richardson," she smiled politely and ran off to find Kelly. I smiled as Kevin stood back up.

"Wow, I can't believe you're a mom!" He smiled. "I would've thought I'd be a dad before you were a mom..." he trailed off and I knew what he was probably thinking, because I was thinking it too.

"Oh, I know, right?" I sighed and smiled after her. "She's my little girl, though. And I love her to death." I smiled knowing I wouldn't be so successful or happy without her in my life.

"Where's her daddy?" Kevin questioned. The smile immediately fell from my face and I could see the concern on his. I knew he didn't mean to bring up the topic of my ex husband. He had no idea what had happened.

"He's back in Boston somewhere," I sighed and shook my head. "I swear there should have been a manual to marriage. Some kind of direction booklet or something," I tried to make light of the situation. Damn my womanly emotions. Tears immediately flooded my vision. I blinked a few times to get them to disappear.

"Hey," Kevin said softly, his brow furrowed in concern. "I'm sorry, Jenn. I didn't mean to bring up something upsetting," he comforted me. I shrugged and shook my head, but refrained from saying anything. With one word, my voice would have cracked and that would have been entirely too embarrassing. "You wanna go outside?" He asked me softly. God damn his voice. His voice was so sexy. It always had been. As kids, I had the biggest crush on Kevin. Kelly introduced us because she had lived next door to him.

"I-I shouldn't leave Paige," I whispered so the tears wouldn't spill over. I looked over to see Kelly watching us. She carried Paige over when she saw I was upset. I didn't want Paige to see me cry.

"Hey, you okay?" Kelly frowned.

"Y-Yeah," I lied. Kelly knew better, but she also knew I didn't want Paige to see me like this.

"How about I take Miss. Paige over to meet some of our other friends, huh?" Kelly said to Paige and I at the same time. I smiled at her. I swear I had the best friend in the entire world. "You and Kev go some place quiet and catch up." She winked and rubbed my shoulder comfortingly. I silently thanked her as Kevin placed his hand on the small of my back to lead me outside.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8386