Through The Years by Starry Eyes
Summary: One of the Boys looks back on the years during a performance.



This is for the May picture challenge.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 681 Read: 792 Published: 05/10/07 Updated: 05/10/07

1. Backstreet Memoirs by Starry Eyes

Backstreet Memoirs by Starry Eyes
I can't believe how far we've come. Howie smiled as he stood on stage with his four brothers, in front of thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. Even after a long hiatus, the group came back stronger than ever and possibly more popular. Their fan base stretched from young tweens to the elderly. Teddy bears and roses had been replaced with bras and underwear. Nick and AJ loved the transition, while the older men merely smiled with amusement.

The media had been the hardest critic when it came to their music. Claims they would fade out like New Kids On The Block, that pop music was just a fad, the only age group they could reach was five to fifteen... the list went on. However, the group prevailed and showed the media what they were made of. Harmonies. Beautiful ballads. Dance songs that played in clubs throughout the world. Fans in age that ranged from three to ninety-one in all seven continents. Albums that shattered records. The Backstreet Boys proved they were there to stay.

One of their proudest moments were five Grammy nominations for the album Millennium. The first "boy band" in history to be nominated. Though they did not receive any rewards, just being there with legends and peers was enough. And having the Sir Elton John ask for a performance with them? That was a memory to last a lifetime.

He watched as Kevin wrapped an arm around Nick's shoulder and pointed out to the audience, taking on the father role he had acquiered nearely twelve years before. Even though time had taken a toll (good and bad) on all of them, it still amazed Howie the closeness between the five of them.

AJ's stints in rehab. The man battled many demons as their success grew along with stress, which he tried to conquer with alcohol, sex and drugs. Howie could remember how proud he felt when the man came to the group, saying he needed help. It was an emotional time for everyone, to say the least. But in the end, he was sober, clean and happy.

Nick's disastrous relationships. Paris and Willa Ford just to name a couple. They almost feared Nick would end up with yet another mugshot plastered all over the media, but he has finally calmed down. If only he could find the right woman to tame his slightly wild ways.

The birth of Brian's first son, Baylee. It was definitely a memorable moment in Backstreet history when the blond Kentuckian jumped up and down with the announcement of Leighanne's pregnancy. The little tyke was almost their opening act, imitating their songs and dance moves. They sometimes teased Brian that his son was stealing all the attention from the group.

The success of Howie's DLF. When Caroline had passed away after a short battle with the debilitating disease, Howie promised he would raise awareness and money to find a cure. Cruises, auctions and DLF items sold at concerts continued to help immensely, but he insisted that it was the fans who spread the word. Clubs, groups and organizations dotted the globe. Howie was so proud and knew Caroline was as well.

Kevin's monumental strides towards colon cancer awareness. Losing his dad so quickly to such a vicious cancer made him realize how many lives could be saved with a simple test at least once a year. With the help of other celebrities such as Sharon Osbourne (a colon cancer survivor herself), money and support has increased ten fold since he first started.

So many events within the years, and Howie knew none of them would change it for anything.

"Hey, D! You daydreamin' again?" An obnoxious voice interrupted his thoughts. Howie started, turning to see Nick looking at him with a raised eyebrow. Kevin kept his attention to the fans while Brian and AJ were off on different parts of the stage.

"Just hush and wave to the fans, Nicky."

"Don't call me--"

"Nick," Howie interrupted, standing next to the younger man who continued to pester him good-naturedly over the years.

"What?"

"Wave."
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8433