The Willow Tree by scooby
Summary: This is the story of how love tests us all. I had known the day that I had met him that I had fallen, hard. I didn't want to admit it then but I will now. But what exactly happens when you start to fall out of love? When you begin to have second thoughts on the man you thought loved you with his whole heart? What can a girl do to make herself feel loved? Many things but there are consequences. My name is Willow Dorough and this is my story.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 12399 Read: 20085 Published: 05/12/07 Updated: 08/26/09
Chapter 3 by scooby
After that day, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to see him ever again. But I could never stop thinking about that day, about him. One day I had even caught myself writing his name on my notebook. Of course I scribbled it out. So as many in my case would do, I gave up hope on ever seeing him again. That was until Ang told me that he had been stopping by the resturant looking for me. I almost died. He was looking for me! I wanted to jump up and down at the thought of it. Could he be the one for me? Oh hell yes. He was perfect in everyway that I could see. Gorgeous eyes, captivating smile, amazing body, great personality and I'm sure a whole lot more. Ang had given him my number. At that moment, it felt like someone slapped me.

It brought me back to reality and I went back to my apartment to see if there was a message from him. My machine was blinking. 'Don't give up hope. It could be him.' Both of them were from him. I can still remember them:

Tuesday April 16 at 2:35 PM
Hi Willow? I hope your friend gave me the correct number. I wanted to get in touch. I don't usually run into you and I thought I'd call to talk. My number is 550-3598. Oh this is Howie by the way. Bye

Tuesday April 16 at 4:47 PM

Willow I wanted to ask you something the first time I called but ( sigh ) will you go out with me tonight? (hesitation) I want to repay you for the other day. Say around seven? I'l be out after 5:30 so if I don't get a call back I'll just assume to pick you up at your place. Your friend gave me your address too. If not...well I'll be the fool for tonight. ( chuckle) See you then.


I about jumped out of my skin because he had already left his place. It was 6:40. My main question was whether I should go or not. I wanted to but there wouldn't be enough time to get ready. So many questions were racing through my mind: Should I stay or go? Casual or dressy? Curly or straight? Makeup or none? I quickly ran to my room and had gotten a white, flowing skirt which had a graphic of a red flower on the edge of it. I threw on a red 3/4 sleeved shirt which had a tear drop neck. I put the necklace that my grandfather had given me the year before he died. It was a crystal in the shape of a butterfly and in each wing was a single diamond. He would want me to go. I could sense it as if he was there. I went into the bathroom and took a brush through my fire red hair which started to curl at the tips. Applying just a little mascara and a long lasting lipstick was the makeup of the night. I was just finishing up when I heard a knock at the door.

He came right on the dot. He was wearing khakis and a black polo. He looked fantastic. The things that I remember about that night was sitting at the dinner table, being captivated by his hazel eyes. He talked about him family and a group of friends trying to start a band. It was exciting! I remember how he gently traced my hand when I had laid it on the table. Then when he dropped me back off at my place, he had taken my hand as I was just about to walk to the door and he kissed me. So sweet and tender it made me weak in the knees. It was that night that I truely knew that I loved him. A year and a half and two dozen+ dates later, he asked me to be his wife. I couldn't refuse. He was my life and I was his. Or so I had thought. This is the beginning of where it all went wrong.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8437