Waiting by scooby
Summary: Love is a strong connection between couples. When trials come, will it end or will it be everlasting?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1077 Read: 651 Published: 10/27/07 Updated: 10/27/07
Story Notes:

This is a songfic. Based off of the song "I'm Still Waiting" by Jamie O'Neal

1. Chapter 1 by scooby

Chapter 1 by scooby
Author's Notes:

 

He walked through the front door with a bunch of groceries in hand. He went back toward the kitchen and started to put the stuff away.  He had opened up one of the cupboards when he stopped.  There was a note sitting on the self. He pulled it out and read it.

            Hey Baby

                        I was just wondering if you could make this up for dinner. Gonna be late from work. Love you tons!

                        Adrianna

 

He went over to the table and kept tracing the letters and words with his fingertips. God he missed her. He set the letter down. ‘No, I can’t just wallow in it. I’ll check the messages’ He walked over to the counter and pressed the answering machine.

 

  You have 2 new messages  

 * beep 8 Hey Brian. It’s Nick. I just wanted to check up on you. Haven’t heard from you in a while and wanted to makes sure everything is ok. I know you’re gonna be ok. Give me a call sometime”

  *beep * It’s Kelly, Brian. Please pick up the phone. (sigh) I guess you finally are out of the house. I’m proud of you. I’ll try again later. Bye.”

  Why is it that they just couldn’t give him some space? It was almost as if they were suffocating him sometimes.

   I’ve been hearing that for so long now

   They say I’ll move on, got to try and be strong

   Life will go on, I’ll get through this somehow

 

He forgot about the groceries and went into the living room. He looked around at the pictures. He found a picture of the two of them. She had just plastered his face with an ice cream cone and the expression on her face was simply angelic. He laughed at just the memory that it brought back. He traced over the features on her face, wishing that the picture were really her standing in front of him ‘How am I ever supposed to give up on her?’

 

       Oh but how when I’m still waiting

       For you to come back

       If you could only come back

       I’m aching

       For you to walk through that door

       And hold me once more

       But you won’t

       Still I go on

       Waiting

 

Tears began to form in his eyes, trying to force their way out and be born to the world. A single tear landed on the glass in the frame, landing right on her cheek. It almost looked as if she was crying for him.  His voice was strained with tears falling without limits and he said to the empty room “ Adrianna, why aren’t you here with me? I need you here with me. I’m not sure if I can go on another day without you.”

 

At that moment, he heard the front door open. The jingle of keys and the quick patter of feet made him quickly wipe his eyes. This wasn’t a time to be sad. It was time to put on the happy mask, the goofy mask that let everyone know that you were just fine. He heard the click of heels walk toward his direction as he heard tennis shoes run around the house.

 

            “Aidan! He’s in here!” Laura gave a smile as she gave him a hug. “How are you doing today?”

 

            “I’m living. What more can I do?”

 

            Her smile faltered for a moment then strengthened when it returned. “I know but you’re doing great.”

 

            “How about you?”

 

            “Keeping busy with work.”

 

They smiled in understanding when Aidan ran through the doorway with his favorite toy plane, making noises along the way. Brian bent down to his knees as Aidan ran into his arms. 

 

            “How was your day today, kiddo?”

 

            “Oh daddy, they brought in some animals to class today and we could go up and touch them! It was so cool but Sarah was scared of the big snake. I mean it was big…I mean this long.” He said with full excitement as he stretched his arms as far as they could go.

 

   “Wow! That’s a big snake! Did you have fun at Auntie Laura’s house tonight?

 

     “I always have fun at Auntie Laura’s!” Aidan flashed a big toothy smile toward Laura which had all of them laughing.

    “Well I should probably get going home. This Auntie is tired.” She gave them both a hug and gave one last glance before walking out the door.

  “Ok little buddy. Get up those stairs and get ready for bed.” His son looked at him with a smile and showed off those gorgeous green eyes, which were like his mother’s.

 

              It was a Sunday

             We buried you in the rain

              I never knew pain till that first night alone

             Opened your closet

             Breathed you in an lost it

             The truth of it baby finally hit home

             No you’re not coming home

 

He could hear the running feet of his son, going between all the rooms. He took this opportunity to finish putting away the groceries. Then before heading upstairs, he switched off all the downstairs lights. As he came up, he noticed that the light was one in their bedroom, his bedroom. Aidan was cuddled under the covers with his favorite stuffed animal, Baxter the Bunny. Brian noticed that he was looking at something toward the wall. Aidan was looking at a family picture. Before the words even came out, Brian knew what he was going to ask.

 

            “Daddy, is mommy ever coming home?”

    Tears welled in his eyes as he scooped up his son in his arms.

             “No baby, mommy isn’t. She’s in heaven. But she is always watching over you and is with you every day.

             “Does she have super powers?”

  Brian laughed. “No honey. It’s time to go to bed.”

  Brian turned off the light before heading into the bathroom.

 

              Wish you could talk to me somehow

              Tell me what do I do now

 

He sat on the edge of the bathtub feeling lost with no sense of direction. He got up and decided to take a shower. The warm water across his skin relaxed ever muscle which was tense. He was feeling at one with himself. He felt peace for the first time in a long while. He stepped out of the shower and reached for a towel. He was just about to wipe off the mirror when he saw it.

 

Looking as if freshly written in the steam on the mirror: I Love You

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8666