Say You'll Be There by True_Beauty
Summary:

Taylor Adams and Nick Carter are the best of friends. The met in elementary school. Can they keep their friendship or will it turn into more or break apart after he goes off from home? Do they love each other enough to make their friendship work?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: It's Your Love
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 42718 Read: 33804 Published: 11/29/07 Updated: 03/04/08

1. Chapter 1 -- First Day Of School by True_Beauty

2. Chapter 2 -- Missing You by True_Beauty

3. Chapter 3 -- Moving On With My Life by True_Beauty

4. Chapter 4 -- Las Vegas Here We Come by True_Beauty

5. Chapter 5 -- She's In Love With The Boy by True_Beauty

6. Chapter 6 -- With You, Without You? by True_Beauty

7. Chapter 7 -- Merry Christmas Baby by True_Beauty

8. Chapter 8 -- Warm Weather Here We Come by True_Beauty

9. Chapter 9 -- Take Me There by True_Beauty

10. Chapter 10 -- What's So Important? by True_Beauty

11. Chapter 11 -- Having A Little Fun by True_Beauty

12. Chapter 12 -- M.I.A. by True_Beauty

13. Chapter 13 -- Meeting With The Enemy by True_Beauty

14. Chapter 14 -- Rascal Flatts by True_Beauty

15. Chapter 15 -- Life Is A Highway by True_Beauty

16. Chapter 16 -- Surprise!!!! by True_Beauty

17. Chapter 17 -- California by True_Beauty

Chapter 1 -- First Day Of School by True_Beauty

“Dude can you believe it today we are no longer 6th graders but we’re starting 7th grade,” Nick smiled.

“I know I can’t believe it,” I replied waiting at the bus stop for our bus to come pick us up for the first day of the new school year. “So you think this will be our best year?”

“I hope so,” he answered just as the bus arrived to pick them up.

“Name?” asked the bus driver.

“Nickolas Carter,” he answered.

“Ok here’s your bus pass don’t lose it,” said the bus driver. “And your name miss?”

“Taylor Adams,” I replied as she searched for my name and handed me my pass and I went to go join Nick at his seat. “This year is gonna be fun. We’ll hang out together, do our homework, together, and even join the same clubs right?”
“Duh that’s what we always do,” he replied with a silly look on his face that made me laugh so hard my sides started to hurt. “What?”

“Your crazy,” I smirked. He was my best friend and really one of my only friends. Without him I was a lonely person, but with him I wasn’t. We loved to hang out together and do everything together just like best friends do.

“I am not,” he said with the same silly look on his face.

“Stop it I can’t breath,” I tried to catch my breath as I spoke.

“Fine,” he said as the bus came upon the school and everyone go off.

“So who’s your homeroom teacher?” I asked.

“Mrs. Davis yours?” he replied.

“Mrs. Davis,” I smiled. “Yes we have the same homeroom. Lets see if we have any class together too.”

“Ok,” he said as we ran off to homeroom.

 

******

 

“Can you believe out of 7 classes we only have 4 together,” I spoke softly.

“Aww really,” he replied. “Do we at least have lunch together?”

“Yeah thankfully we do,” I answered. “At least all we don’t have together are 2, 4, and 5 so we at least have the last to classes together so we can go to the bus together.”

“Great,” he smiled. “So what’s first?”

As they look down at their schedules Taylor speaks, “looks like math. Yay.”

“Really man,” he sighed. “Well at least we can fail together.”
“Yeah no kidding,” I replied as we looked over the rest of our schedule and found out we had drama, history, and science also together.

“This is gonna be a fun year I can see it now,” he smiled as homeroom was just ending and we were off to meet our new teachers for the new school year.

 

******

 

“Hi and welcome to 7th grade science I’m your teacher for the year Mrs. Davis,” said Mrs. Davis. “I want you all to fill out these papers with your information on it and I have something for your to take home to your parents and bring back tomorrow.”

“Oh great,” he mumbled under his breath as we sat next to each other in the back row.

“This is just gonna be one great year,” I mumbled back sarcastically.

“Once your done filling these papers out bring them up to me and then once everyone’s done we’ll move on from there it shouldn’t take you that long,” said Mrs. Davis.

“Ok lets see what we have to do,” I said as the papers were passed back to me. I looked down and started filling them out as so did Nick. When we were both done I took them up to the front and handed them to Mrs. Davis.

“Ok we only have a few more minutes but I’d like to go over my classroom rules just so you all know what to expect if you do anything I don’t like,” spoke Mrs. Davis.

We both basically blocked her out until the bell rang and that was the end of the first day of school. We couldn’t believe how fun the first day was. We both loved the fact we both had the same teachers and got to do a lot together this year. This was going to be the best year by both their standards compared to any other school year.

 

******

 

“Ok I’m only gonna be gone for the weekend but if anything big happens I’ll call and tell you right away,” Nick said as he got packed for Orlando.

“Ok I’ll talk to you whenever you call then,” I said. “ Good luck I hope you get it.”

“I hope so too,” he replied. “Bye.”
“Bye,” I hugged him and walked out the house and back home.

“Honey you ready?” asked Jane.

“Yeah mom I’m almost ready just got to get my tooth brush and I’ll be ready,” he replied as he walked into the bathroom and grabbed what he needed. “Ok ready.”

They then got all the stuff for the weekend and jumped in the car and headed off for the hour and a half ride.

 

******

 

I lye here on my bed thinking about nothing but him why I ask myself? He’s my best friend but what else? Why am I not able to think about someone else? Why has this been happening a lot lately? I can’t tell him anything I’m thinking. He’s gonna think I’m crazy or just weird but doesn’t he always? Was there a connection there between them they didn’t see? Were they meant to be together?

 

******

 

“So you excited?” asked Jane.

“Yeah,” Nick replied while not really listening to his mom talking to him. All he could think about was what if he got this job and couldn’t see her anymore. I mean they are best friends but what if this job made them grow apart. Why was he thinking about her he thought to himself? he couldn’t say anything to her she might think he was crazy and nothing would happen. He just didn’t know why he wasn’t thinking about the job ahead of him and he was thinking about the girl he had been best friends with since elementary school. Was there a connection there between them they didn’t see? Were they meant to be together?

“What do you want for food?” asked Jane.

“McDonald’s is fine,” he replied still not really caring as they drove off more towards Orlando.

“Ok there’s one right off the interstate in Lakeland,” responded Jane.

“Great,” he softly said as he stared off thinking about her again.

 

******

 

“Oh my gosh Nick that’s great,” I smiled over the phone. I was great to hear his voice I hated being away from him. After all he is my best friend and practically my only friend.

“I know I can’t believe I’m actually in a group now,” he smiled back over the phone. “I have to stay out here a few more days but I’ll be back by Wednesday they said.”

“Ok I’ll see you then I guess,” I said about to cry. “Well my mom’s calling me for dinner so I’ll talk to you later I guess.”

“Ok I’ll talk to you later,” he said. “I’ll call you later I guess can’t wait to get home.”

“Ok bye,” I said and hung up the phone before he could say anything. I didn’t want to cry over the phone.

“Bye,” he said to a dead line with a sad look on his face.

“Who was that?” asked one of the guys standing next to him.

“Oh just my best friend Taylor,” he answered.

“Why do you look so sad?” the guy asked.

“Oh nothing,” he lied.

“Seems not like just nothing,” the guy started. “Seems like a girl.”

“Whatever A.J.,” he replied and walked away.

“Fine but I’m not the one with the problem,” said A.J. as he watched him walk away.

“Do I miss her? Do I like her? What am I thinking?” he asked himself as he walked over and sat down on the couch.

Chapter 2 -- Missing You by True_Beauty

“Carter?” yelled Mrs. Davis as she called the roll the at school that Monday.

“He’s not here Mrs. Davis,” I sadly responded. “He’s over in Orlando for work.”

“Thanks Ms. Adams,” replied Mrs. Davis.

“Welcome,” I replied thinking of Nick. I missed having him here to talk to and make my dad the best day ever. I miss seeing him and hanging out after school. I so can’t wait for him to get back. Only 2 more days until then. He said he’d be home when I got back from school Wednesday.

“Ok so I’m gonna put some notes on the overhead all you need to do is copy them down into your notes section,” Mrs. Davis instructed us to do. “Once your done with that and we go over it that’s all we are doing for today.”

I copied down the notes and barely listened to what Ms. Davis had said about whatever kind of science we were gonna start learning about. Remember I said I didn’t listen to a word she said barely. As soon as I heard the bell ring I was out of the classroom just wanting to get home and see if Nick had called or what for him to call.

******

“So where’d Nick go today?” asked the boy behind my seat on the bus.

“He’s in Orlando for work,” I answered.

“What kind of work?” he asked.

“He had some kind of try out for a group,” I answered.

“Oh cool,” he replied and turned around and started talking to another kid behind him.

I just sat there and opened the book in front of me that we had to read for our class. As I sat there reading I kept wishing I was like the girl in a fairy tale that ended up with her dream guy, but like that ever does happen. It only happened in movies.

“Can I sit here?” asked a girl I never had seen before at school.

“Sure,” I replied.

“Hi I’m Melissa,” she said. “I’m new this is my first day here.”

“Welcome,” I responded. “I’m Taylor. What grade are you in?”

“7th you?” she asked back.

“7th too,” I replied. “Any good classes?”

“Yeah here’s my schedule,” she said as she handed me her schedule.

“Cool we’ve got a few classes and you got a few with Nick,” I replied.

“Nick?” she asked with a weird look on her face.

“Oh Nick he’s my best friend,” I responded. “He’s not here today or tomorrow but he’ll be back Thursday he’s in Orlando for a few days.”

“Oh cool,” she responded. “So anything good around here I just moved from Nashville?”

“Yeah there’s a ton of fun things to do around here,” I answered. “I’ve always wanted to go to Nashville what’s it like?”

“Its nice but the city is where you wanna probably be its really fun there when something big happening,” she replied.

“Cool,” I commented. “Tampa is really fun when something’s happening but other then that it can get boring.”

“Cool,” she added.

We talked all the way up until my stop came and I said, “Well I gotta get going this is my stop.”

“Oh how weird this is mine too,” she noted as we both grabbed our backpacks and books and got off the bus. “You live around here?”

“Yeah on Central you?” I asked.

“Me too,” she Shockley replied. “How weird we both live on the same street.”
“Yeah I know,” I added. “Nick lives like 2 houses from mine on Central too. I can show you his house I pass right by it.”

“Cool which way are you?” she asked.

“To the left right past the Garden Center,” I answered.

“Cool I’m just up that way too,” she replied as we walked down the street about a block from my house.

“Well this one here is Nick’s,” I said pointing to a small 4 bedroom house that needed a paint job badly.

“Cool,” she replied. “This is mine here.” She had pointed to the house to the right of Nick’s house that had been for sale for a while now.

“Awesome,” I replied. “My house is that white 2 story house right there with the half circle driveway.”

“Nice house,” she stated.

“Thanks,” I responded. “Yours is cute too.” Her’s was a nice small 3 bedroom house. “We should hang out sometime soon.”

“Yeah that would be great,” she replied. “It was great to meet you but I gotta get inside before my mom wonders where I’ve run off to after school.”

“Ok great meeting you Melissa,” I said as I waved bye.

“You too Taylor,” she replied as she walked in the house.

I walked up to my house and walked inside just in time to hear the phone ring.

“I got it,” I yelled just incase someone else was home. “Hello?”

“Hey,” answered a familiar voice on the other side.

“Nick!” I almost screamed into the phone. “So how’s everything over there.”
“Great,” he answered. “Did I miss anything today?”

“Not much just they sold the house next to yours and a new girl Melissa lives there she goes to Young too,” I replied.

“Cool is she in our grade?” he asked.

“Yeah and she’s really nice you gotta meet her when you get home,” I replied with a smile on my face just thinking of when he’d be home finally.

“Yeah defiantly,” he replied. “I can’t wait to get home. Actually I called about that.”

I started to get worried when I heard that. Could he be there longer or was something else happening?

“Yeah,” I said.

“I get to come home a day early cause of a scheduling mishap,” he smiled over the phone.

“Great I can’t wait for you to get home,” I replied.

“Me too,” he added. “Well I gotta get going their yelling at me so I’ll see you tomorrow night hopefully.”

“Yeah hopefully,” I replied. “Bye.”

“Bye,” he hung up and I heard the line go dead.

******

 

The next day after school Melissa and I were both at my house playing games waiting for Nick to get in so they could meet. Just as we stopped to get a drink I saw Nick’s mom’s car drive into the driveway. I put down my water bottle and ran towards his car yelling back at Melissa to catch up.

“Nick!” I yelled as I hugged him.

“Taylor!” he yelled back at me.

Once I caught my breath I turned around and looked at Melissa, “Melissa this is Nick. Nick this is Melissa she just moved into the house next door.”

“Cool nice to meet you,” he shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” Melissa replied. “So I’ve heard so much about you.”
“Oh you have?” he asked.

“Yeah Taylor can’t stop talking about you all the time,” she answered.

“Hey you’re my best friend what else am I going to say nothing about you?” I asked.

“Well at least I hope they were good things,” he smirked.

“Yes of course,” she replied.

******

 

Later that night Nick and I were on the front porch of my house sitting talking about what he’d missed at school the past two days and some other stuff.

“So you had fun?” I asked.

“Yeah the guys are so nice to me,” he answered. “They loved picking on me though since I’m the youngest.”

“Aww,” I replied.

“So what did you say about me to Melissa?” he asked.

“Nothing really,” I lied. I couldn’t tell him some other the thing we had talked about it was girl stuff he just wouldn’t understand.

“I know you too well to know that your lying to me,” he replied.

“Whatever,” I replied. “Hey its getting late I gotta get to bed so I can get up for school tomorrow and not miss the bus.”

“Yeah me too,” he responded. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

“Ok night,” I said as I walked inside and shut the door then walked to my room.

******

After a few months the three of us were becoming great friends. I was so happy to have another girl as a friend so we could relate to something’s like boys that Nick and I couldn’t talk about.

Today was one of the nicest days of the year. We were outside playing at a local park a few blocks from the house.

“So anyone ready to head in I think my mom is gonna send out a search party if I’m not home in 30 minutes,” Melissa spoke up.

“Yeah I guess so lets head out,” I replied as we got off the swings and headed towards home.

On the way home the who walk Nick was so quite as Melissa and I talked about a project we had for a class.

“Hey I’ll call you later if I come up with any better ideas,” I added as we got to her house and we said bye. Nick and I then walked on till we got to my house. “Nick you’ve been so quite why’s that?”

“What?” Nick asked snapping out of his train of thought.

“What’s up with you today?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he lied.

“Its not nothing Nick,” I responded.

“Ok fine I have to go to Europe this weekend for a few months,” he blurted out.

“Really?” I asked shocked.

“Yeah and I so don’t wanna go and leave you but I know I have to if I wanna do good with this group,” he replied.

“I know but I’ll miss you so much,” I responded with tears in my eyes.

“I know I will too but we leave two days from today,” he said softly.

“What?” I replied shocked as my heart broke.

“Yeah I know,” he said. “I’m gonna miss you. I miss you already.”

“I do too,” I replied. “Please don’t go.”
“I can’t not go I have to for the group,” he replied.

“Taylor time for dinner come get cleaned up,” my mom yelled from the house.

“Ok mom I’m coming,” I yelled weakly. “I gotta go.” I couldn’t even look at him I just turned around and ran into the house and up to my room and shut the door. My mom tried to make me come down and eat but I couldn’t not with the news I had just heard. I couldn’t be away from my best friend that long. It was gonna be hard.

End Notes:
What do you think will happen? Will he tell her how he feels or will she? Tell me what you think might just happen with these two best friends. Will they stay best friends or not?
Chapter 3 -- Moving On With My Life by True_Beauty

5 years later I was sitting on the porch of my house looking back on my life as I waited for Melissa to come over so we could head off to our new home where we were going to college. We both had been accepted to Vanderbilt University in Nashville. We planned to leave here tonight and drive straight up there. We rented a u-haul and my dad and her dad were driving up there with us to help get us settled in. We decided to go shopping for a place up there before the new school year and found a cute apartment in the heart of Nashville. Both of our parents were helping us with the bills so we didn’t have to really work and we could just go to school full time. I couldn’t believe we were both almost 19 years old and going into college.

“You ready?” asked my mom.

“Yeah I guess,” I replied. “I’m gonna miss you so much.”
“I know I’m gonna miss you too,” my mom started. “But remember you’ll be home for the holidays and we’ll try and come up as many times as we can. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said as we hugged and my mom kissed my check.

“Trucks all packed,” my dad interrupted.

“Thanks daddy,” I replied looking at him. “Melissa should be over any minute.”
“I’m here now,” Melissa spoke up as she walked up towards the house.

“You ready to hit the open road?” I asked.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” she answered. “But we better get on the road before its too late.”

“Yeah I guess so,” I replied. “We’ll call you as soon as we get there mom. I love you. I’m gonna miss you.”

“I love you too,” my mom said as we both started to cry. “Don’t cry your gonna make me cry. Now get going and call me. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied as I got in the car and we drove off. “I can’t believe we’re actually doing this can you?”

“No but its gonna be fun,” Melissa smiled.

“Yep,” I responded. Over the past few years with Nick losing touch with us Melissa and I, we became best friends. We did almost everything together even played on the girls football team at school. We were good too, we came in first in our district.

******

 

“Oh my gosh look at this place Taylor,” Melissa said as we walked in the front door of our apartment. “Can you believe this is ours?”

“I can’t look at this amazing view,” I replied as I looked over the balcony of our 10th floor place and shut my phone. I had just finished talking to my mom. “My mom said hi.”

“Oh tell her I said hi back next time you talk to her,” she spoke as she walked around.

“Ok Who gets what room?” I asked.

“I say their both about the same size so lets break a toothpick in half and the person with the bigger piece gets the better room in the back,” she suggested as she pulled out a toothpick. We both broke the toothpick and I ended up with the short piece but who cared they were both great rooms.

“I think we should paint the walls before we put everything in its permanent spot,” I said as I looked around my new room. I thought of great colors and a great way to do up my room. Both our parents had kept our beds and everything in Tampa while we brought only our clothes, books, and important stuff we really wanted to bring and couldn’t live without. Our parents saved up a couple thousand to let us get this place fixed up. We decided to sleep on a blow up mattress and the next day go buy paint and paint the place then go search for furniture. “So you think a hot pink and nice bright green would be cute for my room?”

“That sounds so cute,” she replied. “How about a cute light pink, light blue, and light yellow for my room?”

“That sounds too cute and what about the other rooms?” I asked.

“The living room needs to be something like a deep nice green with tan trim,” she answered. “With the bathroom a nice country theme since we are in Nashville.”

“Oh my gosh that sounds so cute,” I replied. “And the kitchen can have a cute light green, light yellow, white, and light blue to it. With cute bowls to match.”

“Oh my gosh that is perfect,” she responded. “What time is it?”

“10,” I replied. “Tomorrow we need to find the closest Home Depot or Lowe’s and get some paint and supplies and start right away at this place. But for right now I wanna get some shut eye cause I’m super tired.”

“Me too,” she agreed as we grabbed our small bag of a few clothes we pack to get to easily and pumped up our blow up bed. “Night.”

“Night,” I replied.

******

 

“Morning wanna go get some breakfast then go find some paint shop?” Melissa asked.

“Yeah just let me throw on a pair of pants and my shoes and I’ll be ready,” I answered.

“Ok,” she replied as I went off to get ready.

Once back I grabbed my purse out of the front room and we headed out.

We got down to the bottom of our apartment complex and walked out the door to see Downtown Nashville all around us. I looked to my left and then to my right and found my car and got in it and went riding around looking for a place to eat. We ended up at some local restaurant that looked so good and it was.

“Excuse me,” I said to our waitress.

“Yes,” she replied.

“Where is the closest and cheapest place we can find paint?” I asked.

“Umm there should be one not that far,” she replied as she told us how to get there.

“Thanks,” we both said at the same time as we paid and left to get some paint.

“Ok lets go get our paint cause I feel like painting right now,” Melissa spoke up as we drove out of the parking lot.

“Me too,” I agreed. “I so wanna get a cute bed spread that matches the walls.”

“I know,” she replied. “Today we’ll start on your room then go to my room and then the kitchen and then the bathroom and end in the living room with painting cause our rooms come first.”

“Yes they do,” I agreed. “I think the bathroom should be white and black since the bathtub is black and white already.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” she said as we drove onto the interstate. “We are gonna have a house with each room being completely different. I know I’m gonna probably change my mind on what color my room is gonna be once we get there.”

“Yep me too,” I agreed as we got off the interstate and saw the Home Depot in sight.

They found the store and once there went straight towards the paint. They found tons of great colors. The bathroom they got like they said they would black and white paint and for the living room they got a cute tan and deep green color. For the kitchen they went with light colors that they would get matching plates and bowls for later. Their rooms said a lot about them. Melissa’s room was gonna be like a country theme. She had brown, black, yellow, green, and bright blue all going onto her walls. My room on the other hand was gonna be just bright green and hot pink. We soon after putting our paint in to get made went and go supplies to start painting with. After that we got our paint and paid and left.

******

 

“This kiss this kiss,” I started to sing as I painted my room with the radio on loud enough for me to hear.

Melissa helping me paint my room as she began to sing with me, “This kiss this kiss.”

As the song ended so did we with my room. I took turned off the radio and placed it in Melissa’s room and plugged it in.

“Ready to start your room?” I asked.

“Yep I so want to get the house painted by the weekend at least,” she answered. It was Monday and we wanted to have the place painted all the way by the weekend so we could start shopping for furniture soon. We had just had pizza for lunch and were getting ready to start on Melissa’s room. My room looked awesome with hot pink walls and a bright green boarder. “Ok lets see I want my walls to be painted brown and then when it dries I wanna write Nashville on the biggest wall. Then I want to have a boarder in bright blue.”

“That sounds so cute,” I replied. “I’m so glad we got a small thing of green and yellow cause we don’t need a big one for this room when its different then the kitchen colors.”

“Yep,” she agreed as we started to paint the walls brown and the trim bright blue.

We had a great time painting the room but as it got later we got more hungry so just as we finished we cleaned up as much as we needed and ran out and picked up some McDonald’s and came back to the apartment. We had dinner and then finished any details we missed before we left and let it dry as we went to bed.

******

 

Before we both knew it the whole place was done with furniture and all. My room was so cute I had a canapé bed that had some netting coming down the sides of it. Melissa had a country style bed that matched her room so good. The whole place looked amazing. We had gotten our TV hooked up and our computer too.

School would start in a few weeks and we couldn’t be more excited. We were only blocks from the school so we just had to walk there.

“Taylor did you just see who is coming to town?” Melissa asked as I laid next to her on the couch trying to take a nap.

“No who?” I asked still half asleep.

“Nick,” she answered.

“No,” I replied with a shocked look on my face.

“Yeah they say they have a concert here,” she informed me.

“Wow,” I said thinking about Nick for the first time in months. “I don’t think we’re gonna see him. You know how famous he is now he probably completely forgot about me and you.”

“Your probably right but who knows,” she replied. “But then again we don’t have a chance in the world at running into him at all.”

“Yep,” I agreed. “Hey I’m gonna go to bed early I’m so tired I can’t stay up any longer.”

“Ok I’ll be in bed soon too I’m getting tired,” she yawned. “Night

“Night,” I replied as I walked into my room and put on my pajamas and crawled into my nice warm bed.

******

 

4 years later at Melissa and mine’s college graduation I looked at all the family that had shown up for us and a few of our close friends from Tampa too. I had followed my passion for entertainment and went into entertainment management while Melissa followed her dream and became a radio broadcaster at a local radio station. We remained living together all the years and were still best friends. Melissa had been dating a boy who went to school with us during our junior year. They were getting really serious, I predicted they’d be engaged soon and I’d be alone in my apartment with my dog, Lucy. I had a job already lined up for me as soon as I got out of school starting to co-manage a country group that had only been out for about 2 or so years. I couldn’t wait to meet them and get to see what their like. I was given their first CD and it was really good. I liked their sound and couldn’t wait to meet them.

But first things first I had to graduate first. Which I had just done less then an hour ago.

“My baby’s a college graduate,” my mom smiled as she hugged me. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks mom,” I smiled as I hugged her back.

“So Melissa you got any jobs lined up?” asked my dad.

“Yeah I interned at the local radio station and they decided to hire me full time to work the night shift from 7 to midnight,” Melissa answered.

“Great I’d love to hear it next time I’m in town and your on,” my mom added.

The day went on and we had a great time.

******

 

“Today’s my big day,” I said as I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast dressed in a nice outfit. “I hope the guys are nice.”

“Well good luck I have to be in tonight,” Melissa replied. “Hey if you want you can have the guys stop by the station and I can let them have some air time if you want.”

“You can?” I asked.

“I don’t know but I mean their first single went to what like #3 so I think if they wanted they could just come on in,” she replied.

“Well I don’t know if we’d come in cause we have a huge meeting today,” I said as I looked down at my watch. “I’m gonna be late if I don’t head out now. Wish me good luck.”

“Good luck,” she responded.

“Thanks I’ll see ya later,” I ran out the house with my purse and folders I needed. I then got on the elevator and once off ran out to my car and off to work.

While in the car I turned on Melissa’s radio station because it always played good music and they had Keith Urban playing.

I soon drove up to the record label building for Lyric Street Records. I parked in the closest parking spot I could find and quickly looked at myself in the mirror to double check how I looked. I then got out and straightened my skirt and shirt and grabbed my purse and folders then headed inside.

“Hi Ms. Adams your wanted in the conference room as soon as you can get in there their all ready for the conference today earlier then expected,” the lady at the front desk informed me.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked into my office and go ready then walked down to the conference room. “Morning.”

“Morning Taylor,” said my co-manager Steven Marshall. “This is Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus, and Joe Don Rooney. Their Rascal Flatts.”

“Hi I’m Taylor Adams nice to meet you all,” I replied as I shook each of their hands. “So you ready to get down to work so we don’t have to stay too much longer then we need to be here.”

“Great,” replied Gary. “We have all these awards shows coming up this October through November and then in like February there’s a few more.”

“Great lets get to work on them,” I replied as I opened my planner.

End Notes:
Please leave comments I love to hear what you have to say.
Chapter 4 -- Las Vegas Here We Come by True_Beauty

As I watched the three men in front of me do their photo shoot I looked into my planner and notice that the awards were a few weeks away and our next step from here was to get outfits for these three men.

“Ok that’s a rap,” yelled the photographer. “Thanks guys I’ll send you the pictures to look at to choose which you want to use in a few weeks.”

“Thanks,” said Gary as he shook his hand and they headed towards me.

“Hey we’re heading down to a local tux place to get you three something to wear for the awards coming up,” I told them as we walked out of the building and into my new truck I bought myself as a graduation gift.

“So we’ve got the ACM’s, AMA’s, and CMA’s all coming up and then not another one until next year?” asked Jay.

“Yep,” I answered. “Ok so your just gonna attend the AMA’s we’ve got eight tickets you can give out. So, who do you wanna take so I can get info out to them?”

“I’m taking Kassidy,” answered Joe Don

“My wife Tara,” replied Gary.

“My girlfriend Allison,” said Jay.

“Ok so that leaves two who else do you wanna invite?” I asked.

“I don’t know who to invite,” responded Gary. “Do you guys?”

“No,” they both said at once.

“How about you?” Gary asked. “You wanna come?”

“Sure I’d love to but still there’s one ticket left,” I reminded them.

“Do you have a husband or boyfriend maybe that would like to come?” asked Joe Don.

“No never really had one,” I started. “I’ve been waiting on the right guy but he’s gone on to big and better things probably.”

“Oh sorry,” replied Jay. “Got any body you’d like to take though?”

“I’ve got a best friend who I live with here,” I responded.

“Then take her,” said Gary.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yeah,” they all answered.

“Ok,” I said. “Thanks.”

******

“I so need to make time to talk to Melissa about the awards,” I reminded myself as my busy schedule went on as I watched the men get fitted for their suits. As I stood there my cell phone started to vibrate and I looked down and saw I had gotten a text message from Melissa.

I opened the text and read it, “Hey got some great news when you get home ~ Melissa.”

“I wonder what that’s all about,” I mumbled to myself.

“Huh?” asked Gary. “What’d you say?”

“Oh sorry I was just mumbling to myself,” I answered.

“Oh,” Gary turned back around towards the mirror as they tailored his suit.

“Once we’re done here we’re pretty much done for the day guys,” I spoke up.

“Great cause I promised I’d be home early,” said Gary as he walked back into the dressing room.

The other two guys were just about finished and all we were really waiting for was Gary to get out of his suit so they could tailor it after we left.

“Hurry up dude I have a date tonight with Allison,” yelled Jay.

“I’m almost done,” yelled back Gary as he put his shoes on and walked out the changing room. “Done. Now you ready to go home?”

“Yep,” Joe Don replied as we said goodbye to the tailor and walked out the door to my truck.

“Ok so I’m gonna just drop you all off at the label and then we can all head home sound good?” I asked.

“Yeah that sounds great,” replied Jay.

“So you ready for the award show?” Gary asked.

“Not really,” I answered. “I haven’t even looked for anything but I will soon as I have time off.”

“Its in a few weeks so you might want to do it this weekend,” noted Joe Don.

“I’ll try,” I replied.

A few minutes later we pulled up into the parking lot for Lyrics Record and the guys got out and we all said our goodbyes and I was on to my apartment to find out what the good news was.

******

“What’s the big news,” I yelled as I walked into the house and saw Melissa on the couch.

“Oh my gosh girl look Jake proposed,” Melissa screamed as she jumped off the couch to show me the ring.

“Oh my gosh,” I yelled with a big smile on my face as I looked at the diamond ring on her left hand. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” she smiled.

“I’ve got some good news too,” I said.

“What?” she asked.

“You know the group I’m managing?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Well I’ve got an extra ticket to the AMA’s and they said I could take anyone I wanted,” I replied. “And I picked you.”

“Oh my gosh really?” she asked.

“Yep,” I answered. “We gotta get our dresses this weekend.”
“That’s fine when’s the show?” she asked.

“In a few weeks in Las Vegas,” I answered.

“I’ve always wanted to go there,” she replied.

“Me too,” I added.

******

“This dress is amazing,” I said as I twirled in a dress I was trying on for the award show.

“That’s the best you’ve tried on all weekend,” Melissa replied.

“I’m getting this one,” I responded.

“Good cause I found the perfect shoes,” she added as she held up a cute pair of red high hells.

“Cute,” I replied as I walked into the dressing room to change. “Get those and this dress and then the bracelet I told you about and I think that’s it.”

“Ok,” she responded.

I walked out of the dressing room and paid for my things and then we headed home since Melissa had already gotten her dress on the first day we were out.

“So we meet the guys at the record company two days before the show and we head out and then come back the day after the show,” I said as we drove towards our apartment.

“Great I so can’t wait for the show,” she replied. “Can you believe who’s gonna be there. I mean Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, and so many other country artist. Its gonna be so much fun.”

“I know I can’t wait only two more weeks and we’ll be heading out,” I noted as I pulled up to our apartments.

******

“Hey guys this must be the limo they sent for us,” I yelled to the guys as they walked behind me with their suit cases.

We all got into the awaiting limos and headed out towards the Hilton we were staying in.

“I so wanna see one of the magic shows while we’re here,” Tara, Gary’s wife, said.

“That sounds fun,” Gary replied.

“Yeah it does,” I replied. “We can check it out tonight if you want cause we have today off. Or even tomorrow.”

“Great,” Tara replied.

Before we knew it we were at the Hilton and getting checked into our room.

******

“Ok you know what to do as we step on the carpet?” I asked the guys.

“Yep,” they replied as the door opened and Gary got out first then his wife Tara, then Jay and his girl friend Allison, then Joe Don and his girlfriend Kassidy, and finally me and Melissa.

Chapter 5 -- She's In Love With The Boy by True_Beauty

Finally the red carpet was over and we were on our way to our seats. This was gonna be one of the funniest nights ever. The show started in just a few minutes and none of us could wait. There were so many famous people around us it was crazy. As we walked to our seats we looked around and saw people like Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Destiny’s Child, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and so many other artist. Our seats happen to be right next to Sara Evans and right behind Janet Jackson’s seats and in front of Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey‘s.

As soon as we sat down and got comfortable the lights deemed down and the show started.

Midway through the guys and I were taken backstage to get them ready for the presenting of the favorite country male artist award. We walked backstage during the break and walked into the dressing room that was assigned for us. The guys had make-up artist and hair people all around them making them look good. A few minutes later a stage crew member came and told the guys to head towards the stage. I walked them out as far as I could go.

“Ok good luck,” I said as they walked out on the stage as they introduced Rascal Flatts and Martina McBride.

I stepped back to relax as I ran into someone.

“Oh I am so sorry,” I apologized as I looked at the person I had run to.

“That’s ok,” they replied. “Taylor? Taylor Adams is that you?”

“Yeah,” I answered with a smile.

“You probably don’t remember me since I was so young when I last saw you but I’m Aaron, Nick’s little brother,” Aaron informed me.

“Oh my gosh Aaron I can’t believe its you,” I hugged him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“I’m here with Rascal Flatts,” I answered. “I’m their manager.”

“Oh cool,” he replied. “So how’s life been treating you?”

“Great you?” I asked.

“Can’t complain,” he answered. “Things can always be better. You know how my family was.”

“Yeah,” I replied. “So how is your family?”

“Everyone’s great,” he responded. “How’s yours?”

“There good and still at the same place they’ve always been,” I answered. “I can’t believe I ran into you. Its been so long. The last time I remember seeing you was right before ya’ll moved.”

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “Anything new and exciting with you?”

“Well Melissa just got engaged a few weeks ago,” I answered. “You remember her right? She used to hang out with me and Nick all the time in 7th grade.”

“Oh yeah I remember her,” he smiled. “I had a huge crush on her when I was little.” They both laughed. “So she’s gonna be married soon, what about you?”

“I’m single,” I replied. “Haven’t found the right guy.”

“Aww,” he responded. “When we were little I always thought you and Nick would be together.”
“You did?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered. “You seemed so right for each other up until he left. And then still he did talk about you all the time every time I saw him or talked to him. I think he really liked you but his career took off and he just forgot a lot of things.”

“Yeah I know,” I smiled softly. “I had a thing for him towards the end of our friendship and should have said something but nothing ever happened cause him leaving happened so quickly.”

“I know,” he replied. “So what’s happened since middle school?”

“Well I graduated from high school as you can tell and went to college,” I started. “I went to Vanderbilt in Nashville and became a manager for Lyric Street and started managing Rascal Flatts.”

“Sweet that sounds like a lot of fun,” he responded.

“Yeah it is,” I said as the guys came off stage with Tim McGraw.

“Hey,” said Jay as they walked up to Aaron and me.

“Hey guys this is Aaron Carter I was best friends with his brother before they were famous,” I informed the guys. “Aaron this is Jay, Gary, and Joe Don their the group I manage.”

“Hi nice to meet you,” Aaron said as he shook each of their hands. “You know Taylor, Nick did come with me tonight if you wanna stop by and say hi or something.”

“He did?” I asked shocked that he’d be here.

“Yeah,” he answered. “If you wanna stop by and say hi to him after the show here’s my cell number I have it on me. Just call and I’ll meet up with you with Nick.”

“Ok great,” I replied. “Here’s mine too so you can get a hold of me if you want too.” I passed my business card with my number on it and took Aaron’s number. “Well we gotta go get back to our seats but it was great running into you after all theses years.”

“Yeah it was,” he replied. “I’ll talk to you later hopefully.”

“Yeah hopefully,” I said as I walked off with the guys and back to our seats.

“Hey ya’ll did great,” said Tara.
“Thanks babe,” said Gary as we sat down.

“Guess who I ran into backstage?” I asked Melissa.

“Who?” she replied.

“Aaron Carter,” I answered.

“Oh my gosh really?” she asked.

“Yeah and guess who’s here with him?” I asked.

“Don’t tell me its him,” she replied.

“Yep,” I started. “Nick’s with him.”

“Oh my gosh,” she replied.

“Yep,” I nodded. “And Aaron wanted my number so I gave it to him and I have his just incase we want to get a hold of him or Nick.”

“Cool,” she responded. “So do you wanna go talk to Nick after this?”

“I don’t know its been forever,” I answered. “What if he doesn’t remember me or he doesn’t want to see me or something.”

“Trust me he hasn’t forgotten you at all,” she replied. “If anything he wants to talk to you too if Aaron told him you’re here.”

“You think so?” I asked.

“Probably,” she answered.

Just then the award show continued and before we knew it, it was over.

As we got up to leave I felt my cell start vibrating and I answered it, “Hello?”

“Hey its Aaron,” Aaron said.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked.

“I thought you might not call so I’d call and invite you and the guys to out with us tonight?” he invited. “That’s if you wanna go.”

“Let me ask the guys hold on a sec,” I said as I placed my hand over the phone and turned to the guys. “Hey guys we’ve been invited to an after-party if you wanna go.”
“Yeah sure,” said Joe Don as the others nodded.

“Great,” I replied and turned back to my phone. “Yeah we’re in. Where do you want to meet?”

“How about in the lobby right near the enterance,” he answered.

“Ok see you in a few,” I replied.

“Ok see you then,” he responded as we both shut our phones and headed to meet up.

“We’re gonna meet in the lobby by the enterance,” I told everyone as we made our way through the crowd. I was getting so nervous seeing Nick since it had been since middle school that I had last seen him.

“Its gonna be ok,” Melissa said as she walked up to me.

“I hope so,” I replied.

“Lets just look on the bright side and stay positive,” she said as we walked into the lobby and over towards the enterance.

“We’re meeting Aaron right?” asked Gary.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Ok,” said Gary as we walked closer to Aaron and could now see him through the crowd.

“There he is,” Melissa said as Nick walked up to Aaron,

“Oh my gosh,” I replied as we walked closer. There he is. I can just turn around right now. Yeah that’s not a bad idea. Just as I started to turn around Melissa pulled me back around as we walked up to them.

“Hey,” said Aaron as he hugged me again.

“Hey,” I replied.

Just then as I got out of Aaron’s arms I looked at Nick who was looking back at me.

“Hi,” I said with a weak smile.

“Taylor?” Nick asked.

“Hey Nick,” I smiled still kinda nervous at what he might say next.

“Wow you look great,” he complimented.

“Thanks,” I replied. “So do you?”

“Thanks,” he responded. “So how have you been?”

“Great,” I smiled. “You?”

“Good,” he replied. “Good.”

“That’s good to hear,” I noted as Melissa stood next to me.

“Nick,” smiled Melissa.

“Melissa,” Nick smiled. “Wow you look good too. How have you been?”

“Great,” she replied. “A lots happened since you’ve left it seems like.”

“Yeah it has,” I added.

“Guys I think we’re gonna head to the party,” interrupted Jay.

“Ok,” I replied as we walked towards the door and out to the limos.

“I’m gonna ride with these guys and talk to them and we’ll leave you three to catch up on everything,” said Aaron as they got into first limo. “Just have your driver follow ours.”

“Ok,” Nick replied as we got into our limo. “Please fallow the limo ahead.”

“Man its been so long,” I stated as I got comfortable in the limo.

“Yeah I know,” he replied. “So what’s up with both of ya’ll?”

“Well I work at a local radio station in Nashville and just got engaged a few weeks back,” Melissa answered first.

“And I’ve been working with Rascal Flatts the guys I’m with lately,” I replied. “You?”

“Not much just touring and all with the guys,” he answered. “Dating here and there but nothing much how bout you?”

“I haven’t really dated,” I replied. “I guess I just haven’t found anyone that’s right for me like Melissa did.”

“Yeah Melissa your lucky to have found someone right for you,” he noted.

“Thanks Nick,” she responded. “I tell Jake you said that.”

“Oh yeah her fiancé’s name is Jake just to tell you,” I added.

“Cool,” he said as the limo came to a stop. “Its so weird running into both of ya’ll both here.”

“I know its crazy but its cool,” I responded as a cell phone rang.

“Oh that’s mine,” said Melissa as she answered the phone. “Sorry its Jake.”

“Its ok,” Nick replied. “We’re gonna head in we’ll tell them your with us.”

“Ok thanks,” she replied as we walked into the after-party and told the guy at the door that Melissa was with us.

 

******

 

“Taylor I’m gonna head to the hotel,” Melissa stated as she got up with her purse. “I’m beat and need some sleep. I’m gonna go with the guys you ok here alone?”

“Yeah I’ll just catch a cab to the hotel later,” I responded.

“Ok see you later,” she replied. “Bye Nick.”

“Bye,” said Nick as she walked away.

“I love this song,” I said as ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous’ by Good Charlotte came on and Melissa was gone.

“Its good,” he replied. “Wanna dance?”

“Yeah sure,” I said as I placed my hand in his as we walked to the dance floor.

As we had a fun time on the dance floor the music started to end and a new slow song came on. We looked at each other as the song started.

“Wanna dance?” he asked again as he held out his hand to bring me close to him.

“Sure,” I took his hand and started out kinda acquired.

As we looked into each other’s eyes as Enrique Iglesias played. It brought me back to the last year we were friends at that moment and it made me realize how much I had missed him and how much I actually did feel for him. But at that moment I couldn’t say anything since he probably did feel the same way.

As the song ended they went back to their seats caught up in their own thoughts.

“You ready to head out?” he asked as I yawned.

“Yeah I probably should,” I answered.

“I’ll share a cab where you staying?” he asked.

“The Hilton,” I replied.

“Me too,” he responded.

“Cool,” I said as we walked out and he hailed a cab.

“Hilton please,” he told the cab driver as we got in the car.

I sat there thinking some more about what had all happened tonight and in the past couple of years.

As we pulled up to the hotel he paid and we got out and started to walk in.

“What floor?” he asked.

“10th you?” I asked.

“11th,” he replied.

“Cool,” I responded.

As we walked to the elevator and the door shut.

“Look I gotta say something this time that I didn’t say before,” I started. “I regret not saying something the first time. I just wanted to say this before we went our separate ways.” I paused.

“What?” he asked.

“I was kinda in love with you back when we were kids,” I confessed. “Your all I could think about then and seeing you tonight made me feel the same way. You’re the only guy that’s ever done that. I just wanted you to know so if I never see you again I know you know how I feel.”

“Wow,” he replied.

“I just had to say something so if anything happens and you move on or something happens I know you at least knew how I felt.”

The door then opened and it was my floor. I got off the elevator as Nick looked at me. A second later he stepped out of the elevator and took his hands and put them on my face and pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

End Notes:
Please leave a comment I would so love it. I wanna know what people think.
Chapter 6 -- With You, Without You? by True_Beauty

“Was that all a dream?” I thought to myself as I woke up the next morning. “Had I actually told Nick how I felt. Did he kiss me back?” I turned in the bed and as I did I felt someone laying next to me. I turned my head and saw blonde hair. “Did we? Did I just? Oh no.” I looked around the room and saw clothes all over the place. “Oh my gosh it happened. No, no, no.” I couldn’t stop screaming inside. I quickly got up and got dressed and ran out of his room and down to mine.

As I got into my room Melissa had just woken up and was getting ready to go downstairs and get breakfast and some coffee.

“So where have you been all night?” she asked.

“Oh my gosh,” was all I could manage to say.

“Huh?” she asked. “What happened?”

“I just,” I stopped.

“You just what?” she asked.

“Nick,” that’s all I could say.

“You just what with Nick? Oh,” she just realized what had happened. “You slept with Nick?”

“I don’t know how it happened,” I cried as I sat on my still made bed.

“Did you get drunk at all last night?” she asked.

“No we didn’t really drink,” I answered. “I don’t know what happened. All I remember was I told him how I felt when we were kids and how I feel now that I see him and then he kissed me.”

“He kissed you?” she said shocked.

“Yeah as I got off the elevator to come to bed last night right after I told him,” I answered.

“And that’s when you ended up in his room?” she asked.

“I guess so,” I replied.

“Don’t you remember anything?” she asked.

“I just remember that kiss,” I said. “That kind of made me forget everything else I guess.”

“Must have been some powerful kiss,” she replied.

“It was,” I responded. “But he probably won’t want to talk to me after last night.”

“You never know that,” she said as someone knocked on the door. “That could be him now.” She got up and walked towards the door and opened it. “Hey Gary.”
“Hey,” Gary replied.

“Thank God,” I sighed a sigh of relief.

“What?” he asked.

“Oh sorry I though it might be someone else,” I answered.

“Oh ok,” he said. “I came to ask if you both want to go to breakfast with me and the guys and our girls.”
“Yeah sure that sounds great,” Melissa responded.

“Ok we’ll meet you down at the restaurant in about 15 minutes sound good?” he asked.

“Yeah great,” she replied as he left. “Ok great ready girl you look like you just got in from the party last night.”

“I just did,” I reminded her.

“Well come on,” she said as I got up and got dressed.

******

 

“Hey girls,” said Tara, Gary’s wife.

“Hey Tara,” I replied. “So how are you?”

“Good,” she answered. “Did you have yesterday?”

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Hey I saw Aaron this morning and invited him and Nick to join us I hope you don’t mind,” said Jay from the other end of the table.

I shot a glance down at Jay hearing Nick’s name, “Yeah that’s ok.” I couldn’t tell them what happened. What would they think of me if I did. So I just kept my mouth shut.

Jay looked at me for a second and saw the shocked look on my face. He could almost tell that something had happened but didn’t want to say anything.

Just then Nick and Aaron walked into the restaurant and saw our table. They made their way towards us.

At that moment all I wanted to do was run and hide. But I knew better then that cause I knew that Melissa would stop me dead in my tracks and make me sit it out.

“I’m gonna go to the ladies room be right back,” I said as I got up and walked towards the bathroom. Just as I started off I could see Nick following me. Just as I was out of sight from the guys I turned around and there was Nick.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Why did you leave?” he asked me.

“I just had to get out of there,” I replied. “You probably didn’t even want me there.”

“That’s not true,” he responded. “Why would I have kissed you last night if I didn’t want you. I had the same feelings for you back then as you had for me. I just had to see if they were still there and they were. I missed you in my life and now your back. I wanna make things different this time.”

“But Nick we’re at two different points in our lives,” I started. “Look at me I manage a country group out of Nashville and you are a singer living all over the place and touring all the time.”

“Yeah so,” he said. “What about it. If your important to me and I’m important to you I think we should make it work. We can make it work.”

“I don’t know,” I replied. “I have to think about it.”

“That’s fine I’ll give you as long as you need,” he responded. “I’ll be here for a few more days until I leave for home. I’ve got a few interviews to do and then I’m off for Florida.”

“You still live in Florida?” I asked.

“Yep,” he answered. “Just a different house. Nicer too, but still in Tampa.”

“I miss it there,” I said. “I haven’t been home in forever. Usually my family just comes to Nashville each year for the holidays.”

“You should come down I’ll let you stay at my place if you want too,” he replied.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” I stated. “But like I said earlier I just need to think about this whole thing and see if I want to try and work something out. I’m gonna go to the ladies room I’ll see you back at the table.”

“Ok,” he replied as I walked into the ladies room and he watched the door shut. He turned around and walked back to the table and sat down.

“Everything will be fine Nick,” Melissa said as Nick sat next to her. Melissa could always tell when something was going on between Nick and me.

“Hope so,” he replied. He knew she knew cause he knew how close her and I were.

Just as they were talking I walked back to my seat on the other side of Melissa and sat down.

“Hi I’m Georgia and I’ll be your waitress for this morning,” the waitress introduced. “Sorry to keep you waiting this morning we’ve been busy. May I start you off with something to drink? Coffee? Orange juice? Coke?”

“I’ll have a coffee,” answered Joe Don.

******

 

“I don’t know what to do?” I said as I fell onto the bed in our hotel room.

“What do you mean?” Melissa asked as she took out of high heels.

“Nick said he’d like to make something work between the both of us,” I answered. “Like he wants to be my boyfriend or something.”

“Well what are you going to do?” she asked.

“I don’t know that’s what I’m confused about,” I replied.

“Maybe you should just try it you never know what will happen,” she said.

“I don’t know,” I responded. “What if nothing good comes out of it?”

“You never know until you try it,” she replied. “You like him right?”

“Yeah,” I answered.

“And he likes you?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Then try it,” she started. “It won’t hurt and if things don’t work out then you can just be friends.”

“I guess so,” I replied. “Thanks Melissa. I’ll be right back.”

“Ok,” she said as I walked out the room and towards the elevator.

I pressed the up button and once the doors opened I walked in and pressed 11and the doors closed. A few seconds later the doors opened and I was on the 11th floor. I looked around and saw no one in the hall. I walked towards Nick’s room and knocked on the door.

Nick opened the door as he spoke, “Hey.”

“Hey,” I replied. “I thought about what you said today and came to a conclusion.”

“You wanna come in?” he asked.

“Sure,” I walked in as he closed the door behind me. “I thought we could try it and see what happens and if it doesn’t work we can just go back to being friends.”

“Really you wanna try it?” he asked shocked.

“Yeah I’d like to,” I answered. “I mean last time we were friends I didn’t get the chance to see what would have happened and now I’ve got a second chance. I’d like to take that chance now.”

“Yeah that’s why I had to kiss you to see if I really felt the way I thought I did when I saw you,” he replied. “I’m glad you said we could try it.”

“Me too,” I replied as he brought me close for a kiss.

******

 

“Ok I’ll call you as soon as I land so you know I’m safe,” I said a few days later at the airport. We were getting ready to go back to Nashville since we were done. Nick had to be out here a few more days for a couple more interviews about his up and coming solo album. “I’m gonna miss you. I’ll see you soon hopefully.”

“I hope so too,” Nick replied. “I’ve got a few days off before I start doing other things. I’ll try and come to see you then. I’m gonna miss you.”

Things had gotten serious so quickly for the both of them. They never thought they’d be head over heals for each other.

“Well I guess I gotta go,” I replied as my plane was called. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too,” he responded. “Call me.”

“I will,” I said as I kissed him. “Talk to you soon hopefully.”

“Ok,” he replied as I walked off towards my flight.

“You ready?” asked Melissa as I walked up to her.

“Yeah ,” I smiled weakly trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

“Don’t cry you’ll see him before you know it,” she replied.

“Yeah I guess so,” I said as we got on the plane and into our seats.

“Hey what’s the matter?” asked Kassidy.

“She’s missing Nick already,” Melissa answered.

“Oh,” Kassidy replied. “Its gonna be ok. I know how it feels. Look at me and Joe Don we’re both singers in groups and have our own tours we have to do. Its had to leave each other but we have to.”

“Thanks, Kassidy,” I replied with a weak smile.

“Welcome,” she said as the plane got ready for take off.

******

 

“We just landed,” I told Nick over the phone. “We’re heading home finally. I can’t wait to get home and to see Lucy. I gotta pick her up from my friends place. I can’t wait for you to see my place you’ll love Nashville. You wanna move here? Cool. Ok, have fun at your interview. Talk to you later. Bye.”

“Nick?” asked Melissa as I hung up my phone.

“How could you tell?” I asked.

“Lucky guess I guess,” she laughed.

“Right,” I replied. “Lets get home. I think you’ve got someone who’s been waiting to see you.”

“Yeah I know,” she responded as we walked to my truck we had left. “Guess what?”

“What?” I asked.

“I talked to Jake while you were talking to Nick and we sat the date,” she answered.

“Oh my gosh you did?” I asked. “When?”

“We wanna do a small wedding with just close friends and family so we’re gonna surprise my folks and his and bring them up here a long with yours and do the wedding on New Years Eve at midnight,” she answered.

“Oh my gosh that’s gonna be so cool,” I replied. “Congrats.”

“Thanks,” she smiled and hugged me.

“Lets get home cause you’ve only got a short time before the wedding to get everything together,” I replied as we got in the truck and drove off.

End Notes:
Please leave a comment I wanna know what the readers think.
Chapter 7 -- Merry Christmas Baby by True_Beauty

“So what do you think about this one?” asked Melissa still searching for the right wedding dress midway through December.

“Not you,” I answered. “Try this one on. You seem like you want a fairytale wedding why not have a dress too.”

“Ok let me change,” she sighed aggravated at having to try on another dress. She took the dress from me and went into the dressing room with it..

“I really love this maid-of-honor’s dress,” I yelled as she got dressed. “The color just goes perfect with these shoes and jacket.”

“What do you think?” she asked as she walked out and towards the mirrors.

“Its perfect,” I answered. “Finally a dress that matches you perfectly. This jacket would go with it too since its probably gonna be cold that night. You know Nashville.”

“True,” she replied. “I love how our jackets match but mine goes all the way down to my feet like my dress and yours just stops midrib.”

“Yeah I know,” I responded. “Lets get out of these and pay for them so I can get home I’m so tired from getting up way early this morning with the guys.”

“Fine,” she said. “I need to do some stuff for the wedding too when we get home.”

“Are you letting Jake do anything?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered. “He does a lot.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like,” she paused. “Like he picked out his own tux.”

“What else?” I asked.

“Uh,” she paused again to think. “He helps me. He’s very supportive and agrees with a lot of the things I do.”

“So you basically do it all?” I asked.

“So sue me I want to do it all,” she laughed.

“Hey I was just thinking you might need to let him help some so he doesn’t feel left out of his own wedding,” I said.

“Yeah,” she started. “Maybe you are right. I’ll talk to him once we get home and have him come over.”

“Great,” I replied. “But I’m taking a nap.”

“Sounds good,” she responded as she placed the dresses we had just changed out of onto the counter so she could pay for them and all the other things we had gotten at the store.

“I’m gonna hide this dress in your room ok,” she said.

“That’s fine just put it in the back of my closet,” I replied.

“Thanks,” she responded.

“Welcome,” I said as we walked out and into my truck. “Oh I just forgot I have to tell you something.” We opened the doors and jumped in the truck and turned on the heat since it was freezing cold outside.

“What?” she asked.

“I’m gonna be on tour next year starting in mid January,” I answered.

“Oh that’s great,” she replied.

“Yeah I can’t wait,” I started. “I think I’m gonna take Lucy if they’ll let me.”

“They seem like nice enough guys to let you bring her along,” she responded.

“Yeah I hope so,” I replied.

******

 

“And we danced
Out there on that empty hardwood floor
The chairs up and the lights turned way down low
The music played, we held each other close
And we danced,” played as Melissa and Jake practiced dancing to their first song as husband and wife in our living room. They were getting so good and we’re gonna be great by the time their wedding came. Melissa had taken my advice and allowed Jake to get more involved in the wedding. He seemed so much happier and everything was working out great. None of our family knew about the wedding they were still just coming for the holidays.

“Ok I think that’s enough for today cause I’m tired,” Jake spoke as they finished their dance for the millionth time it seemed like.

“Ok fine,” Melissa replied. “But you better not mess up on our wedding day or I’ll come after you.”

“I won’t I promise,” he responded and kissed her.

“Get a room you too,” I shouted as I walked passed the living room into the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Don’t be jealous,” he laughed.

“Oh yeah I’m really jealous that you are kissing Melissa,” I rolled my eyes. “Right.” We all laughed as my phone rang. “Let me grab this. Hello. Hey. Yeah ok I’ll set it up for Thursday how about that? Noon is good. Ok talk to you then. Bye.”

“Who was that?” Melissa asked.

“Jay he wanted to inform me that we needed a meeting scheduled before the tour started and I thought Thursday would be good since I don’t really have anything to do then,” I answered.

“Cool,” she replied.

“Yeah,” I started. “Ok well I’m gonna go out and finish my Christmas shopping I’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Ok you sure you don’t want anyone going with you?” she asked.

“Nah,” I answered. “Then I couldn’t buy you your gift.”

“True,” she replied. “Ok I’ll see you later.”
“Ok bye,” I said as I walked out the door with my purse and keys in hand.

******

 

“What am I going to get her for Christmas?” I thought to myself as I walked through the mall. I looked through each of the store windows thinking about what might be a good gift. Just as I kept walking it came to me to get her something for her wedding. Right across from the mall was the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I decided I’d call them later and make the reservations for them.

I had finished getting gifts for everyone but Melissa and Jake so I decided to head over to the closest dollar tree I could find to get some wrapping paper so I could wrap the gifts and put them under our tree.

Just as I got in my truck with my newly bought gifts I decided to drive over to the resort and just get the room reserved right now while I was out so I wouldn’t have to deal with it later. I turned on the car and drove across the parking lot and parked as close as I could get to the hotel.

******

 

I jumped back in my truck as I left the dollar tree with my wrapping paper and tape and set off for home. As I got down the road I smiled to myself hearing a new Rascal Flatts song on the radio happy to know that people were actually playing them. I turned it up as I drove on towards home. I thought back on how much my life had changed since I started managing the guys. It was just so much fun to get to do all the cool things with them as I could. I mean they brought me so much like reuniting me with my best friend from when I was a kid. How many people can say they are friends again with friends from when they were younger? Not many. I was one of the lucky ones. And on top of it all I’m dating him, well we’re seeing how things work out at the moment. So far though he hasn’t been able to come here to see me he’s just been too busy. His solo tour started and he said he wouldn’t get time off until the holiday which is only a few weeks away. He might stop here if he can. And his tour hits town in February so I’ll see him then if we’re still together dating or as friends. I hope so cause I can’t imagine losing him in my life another time.

As I kept thinking to myself I parked outside my place and grabbed my gifts and headed inside. It took me like 2 trips to get everything inside that I had bought and once I got it all and had it in my room I grabbed some scissors and started to wrap the gifts.

The first gift I had to wrap was the one for Melissa and Jake since Melissa lived with me. I bought a cute little box that the reservations would fit in and wrapped it in some cute Disney wrapping paper I had bought. Once I was done with that one I wrote their names on the box and went on to the next present.

It took me about an hour and a half to wrap all the presents I had bought and once I finished I took them all out and into the living room and placed them under the tree.

“Wow are those all for me?” asked Melissa.

“No,” I answered. “Only one but it cost a lot of money. I had to get it for you and Jake but that’s all I’m saying.”

“Ok,” she replied. “I still have shopping to do. I don’t know what to get everyone.”
“I know I had a hard time picking out something’s like yours and Jake’s,” I noted.

“But you did,” she said.

“Yeah after I left the mall,” I chuckled. “You both are just so hard to pick for.”

“Yeah I know,” she smiled. “So what you doing today?”

“Probably stay in and get some pizza and watch a movie you?” I asked.

“Nothing really,” she started. “But that sounds fun.”

“I know,” I replied. “How about a Father of the Bride back to back showing of both shows and pizza until we fall asleep and after those two if we aren’t asleep then we’ll find another movie to watch.”

“Sounds great,” she responded as I went to go get my phone to call for pizza.

“What do you want on your pizza?” I asked “I was gonna get a medium since we won’t eat a lot.”

“Um just cheese,” she replied.

“Great that’s what I want too,” I smiled as I dialed the number. “Hi. A medium cheese pizza.” I gave the guy my info and hung up with him. “He’ll be here in about 45 minutes until then I’m gonna go take a quick shower and then I’ll be back by then if not here’s some money for the pizza and a tip.”

“Ok I’ll be here waiting and watching tv,” she replied as I walked off to my room.

******

 

By the time I had gotten out of the shower the pizza had already arrived and Melissa was getting everything ready for the movie. She had grabbed sodas from the kitchen with glasses filled with ice and plates for the pizza. She also had gotten a few pillows and a couple blankets just so we could curl up on the couch during the movies.

As soon as I got close to the couch and jumped onto it and grabbed a piece of pizza and a drink from the table in front of me. Then we got comfortable and started the movie.

“I’m so glad we get to have a girls night in,” Melissa said just as the movie started.

“I know me too,” I replied. “We don’t know how many more of these we’ll have until you leave to get married.”
“I know I’m gonna miss these times,” she replied.

“Me too,” I added just as the music stopped and the beginning of the movie started.

******

 

I woke up the next morning on the couch with Lucy laying next to me on the floor. Melissa was up in the kitchen making food it smelt like. Last night had been a great night. I fell asleep during the second Father of the Bride movie right after Melissa had fallen asleep. It was great I love those movies. I wish it was me though and it was happening in real life but like those things actually happen. Well they do to people like Melissa, well the marring part.

I got up from my spot on the couch and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of chocolate milk, which happened to be my favorite in the morning.

“Morning,” Melissa said.

“Morning,” I replied as I placed the chocolate milk back in the fridge.

“So anything special going on for today?” she asked.

“Not really just gonna mess with my calendar some for the guys and maybe clean up my room that’s about it,” I answered. “You?”

“Nothing much just gotta go into work tonight,” she replied.

“Cool,” I responded. “That sounds like fun. I’ll listen to it tonight.”
“Great,” she said as she finished making breakfast. “I made enough for two.”

“Great I’m hungry,” I replied.

We sat down and ate and talked about everything from how fun movie and pizza was last night to the upcoming wedding. I can’t believe its only a few weeks away until its just me and Lucy here.

******

 

A week later my family started to arrive and so did Melissa’s a few days before Christmas. My parents and siblings were staying with us while Melissa’s stayed with her grandparents who still lived in Nashville. I loved having my family around for the holiday. For Christmas we all were going to head out to Melissa’s grandparents place out in the country and have a nice dinner there and then come home. Both our mom’s worked hard on the food every year. This year though Jake’s family was at the dinner so we had an extra family helping with the food.

The days passed by fast and soon Christmas Eve had arrived and we were off to Melissa’s grandparents place. It was so big and beautiful. Melissa’s family all had help decorate the place once they got here so it looked festive. Lights were all over the two story house and all over the big one acre yard. Inside the place looked like it was right out of a magazine. Melissa’s mom was an interior designer in Tampa and loved decorating for Christmas. We had so much fun that night. There was so much food and gifts all over the place. The one thing you could always count on was no one was gonna go home empty handed and nothing less then full.

Tonight I got some great presents like a cute gloves and scarf set from Melissa’s grandparents that matched a jacket that her parents got me.

******

 

After we opened the presents the next morning and Melissa and Jake loved the one I got for them we made breakfast. As I was in the kitchen making the eggs as my mom made the bacon my phone started to ring.

“Mom can you take over the eggs real quick while I grab my phone?” I asked.

“Yeah sure,” she answered as I ran off into the living room where my phone was.

“Hello,” I answered the phone. “Hey. Merry Christmas. Thanks. Just making breakfast you? Wish you were here. I know. Ok I’ll see you whenever you get the chance to come by. Ok I will bye.”

“Who was that?” asked my dad.

“Oh just a friend,” I said not wanting to go into details about running into Nick again.

“Oh,” he responded.

“That ain’t no friend,” Melissa whispered as she walked into the kitchen.

“Then who was it?” I whispered back.

“Nick,” she answered still whispering.

“You know me too well,” I replied.

“I know,” she smiled as she got a drink.

Just then the door bell rang.

“Merry Christmas,” Melissa smiled.

I looked at her not understanding why she just said that but walked over to the door. As I opened it I saw why she said that. My present from here was standing right in front of me.

“Oh my gosh,” I smiled.

“Surprise,” smiled Nick as I jumped into his arms.

“I can’t believe you’re here,” I replied. “I thought you were spending time down in Florida?”

“Why would I wanna do that when you’re here?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I couldn’t stop smiling. “Its great to have you here. Your just in time for breakfast. Come on in my family is here so you’ll get to see them again.”

“Great,” he responded.

“Nick?” my mom asked shocked

“Hi Mrs. Adams,” he replied. “Hi Mr. Adams.”

“Hey Nick,” said my dad as he got up from the couch.

“I didn’t know you and Taylor were still friends,” my mom said.

“We weren’t mom we met back at an award show when I was with Rascal Flatts,” I replied. “I ran into Aaron and he talked me into seeing Nick again and now he’s back in mine and Melissa’s lives.”

“Oh that’s cool,” said Jessica my little sister as she walked up to us.

“Wow its been forever since I saw you,” said Nick as he looked at Jessica. “Man you’ve grown up so much.”

“Well that’s what you do,” she replied.

“Yeah I know,” he added.

“Oh and Mom Dad,” I said.

“Yeah,” they replied together.

“Nick’s not just a friend,” I paused. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“Wow how long have you been together?” asked Jessica.

“Not that long,” I answered. “Now lets get some food I’m hungry.”

“Yeah I am too from a long flight,” Nick spoke up as we walked into the dinning room.

A few hours later we were all sitting around the tv watching the Disney Christmas Day Parade. We were just having a very laid back day and didn’t want to do anything at all.

******

 

Today was New Years Eve and it was almost 10 that night. Melissa was going to say ‘I do’ at 11:59 tonight and kiss Jake at midnight while ringing in the new year with everyone around them. I was the maid-of -honor and Jake’s twin brother Jason was his best man. Melissa and Jake were getting married at her grandparent’s place in the country. Melissa, her parents and grandparents, my mom, my sister, and I were all in one of the guest rooms on the top floor while Jake and his parents and grandparents and siblings were in the guest room downstairs getting ready.

“Everything’s perfect outside,” I said as I walked in after just checking.

“Great,” Melissa replied. “How much longer?”

“About an hour and a half baby,” said her mom.

“Ok well we can get started I guess with my hair and before we know it, it will be time for the wedding,” Melissa stated.

“Ok,” her grandmother said as they got ready.

******

 

As the wedding was starting Jake and Jason walked out the door and to where the preacher was standing.

Melissa and I made our last minute touches as we walked down the stairs and towards the door. Melissa’s dad opened the door for me as the music started and shut it behind me. As I walked down the isle Melissa got positioned so when the door was opened everyone could see her. I walked down the isle in a red long flowing dress with while shoes and a short faux fur white jacket. My hair was up and I had a cute necklace and matching earrings set on. Just as I got to the front the music changed and I turned and looked down the isle and saw the door open. Melissa stood there looking so beautiful. As she walked down the isle with her dad she looked more beautiful. She had chosen to wear a long white dress that made her feel like a princess and a long gown length faux fur jacket that was the same color white and matching shoes too. Her hair was down with a tiara on top and a vial. She was just like a princess right out of a fairytale. As she approached Jake her smile got wider.

“Who gives this lady away?” asked the preacher as they stopped in front of him and next to Jake.

“Her mom and I do,” her dad answered as he gave his daughter’s hand to Jake and kissed her on the cheek.

They soon said their vows and just as they started the countdown Jake and Melissa kissed once it hit 0. After they went off into the awaiting limo as the rest of us made our way towards our cars and trucks to head over to the reception that was going to be held at a friend of the couple’s restaurant.

I had driven my truck over so I took Nick with me who didn’t know how to get around the area. As soon as I saw Nick I ran up to him and out of no where I kissed him passionately.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“Happy New Years,” I answered.

“Well Happy New Years to you too,” he replied.

“Ok lets get into the truck before I freeze anymore,” I said as I shivered.

“I’ll warm you up while we’re waiting for the truck to warm up,” he stated as he put his arm around me while we were in the truck.

“Lets get to that reception cause I’m kinda hungry,” I spoke.

“Yeah me too,” he agreed.

“Do you mind if I put on some music?” I asked as we drove off the property.

“No go right ahead,” he said.

“Thanks,” I replied as we came to a stop sign and I put on the radio to the country station Melissa worked at.

About 15 minutes later we were at the reception having fun. The music was playing and everyone was getting their drinks as we waited for the bride and groom.

After an hour food had been finished and so had cake and now it was time to toss the bouquet of flowers. I got up to see if I had any luck with getting the flowers. I stood in the back next to my sister and a co-worker of Melissa’s. Melissa got ready turned around and threw the flowers. They flew through the air and started to fall. Just then I saw they were falling right towards me. I reached out and caught the flowers. They were beautiful, red and white colors. Right after that Jake through the guarder belt and I made Nick go try for it and the funny thing was he actually caught it. I laughed at the thought of what this was suppose to me, the person who catches it is the next to be married. All I could think of was ‘yeah right’. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.

End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Thanks.
Chapter 8 -- Warm Weather Here We Come by True_Beauty

“So how long do you have off?” I asked as I sat in the truck with Nick. Melissa and Jake were on their honeymoon and as soon as they got back she was moving in with Jake out in the country. I was gonna be alone for the first time in my life. I was scared and knowing that Nick was gonna have to leave soon didn’t make things much better either.

“I’m here until I wanna go home,” Nick answered. “I have until I go back to recording the new Backstreet Boys CD. I start this summer with them on our new album. We kinda needed a break after all the stuff that’s been going on.”

“Yeah I guess so,” I replied looking away.

“When do you go back to work?” he asked.

“Well the guys go on tour soon and being the manager I have to go with them,” I stated. “They start in the spring and go through out the year until like December.”

“That’s a long time to be away from you,” he said.

“I know but maybe if you get time off we could meet up or something,” I replied.

“Yeah maybe and if you have a day off you can do the same,” he responded.

“Maybe,” I shrugged. “You know if you wanna come for some part of the tour I’ve got my own bus since I’m manager.”

“Well maybe I just might take you up on your offer then,” he smirked. “I might even just have to surprise you then too.”

“Oo I love surprises,” I smiled.

“Well then I’d love to surprise you,” he replied as he pulled a box from his pocket. “I bought you a little something to remember me after I leave and you go on tour.”

He opened the box as I saw small silver bracelet with a few charms on it.

“Oh my gosh its beautiful,” I gushed as I picked it up.

“The heart has our names,” he started. “The cards represent Las Vegas where we met up and you know the rest.”

“Nick this is amazing,” I hugged him. “I know that even if this doesn’t last I can still keep this cause I know it was from my best friend.”

“That’s what I thought too,” he lied. He knew that he didn’t buy it just as a best friend gift, but as a gift for the women he was falling for.

As we pulled away I passionately kissed him like I’ve never kissed him before.

“I love you,” I said shocking myself and Nick.

“What?” he asked shocked.

“I love you,” I smiled. “I know I might be regretting saying this later on but right now I feel like I did when we were kids. I was in love with you then and you broke my heart without knowing it when you went off with the guys. But now that your back in my life and we’re getting back to the way things used to be I’m falling for you.” I looked into his eyes almost about to cry feeling like I was an idiot for telling him. “I know you must think I’m stupid.” I started to cry as I leaned into his chest.

“I don’t think your stupid,” he held me tight. “You can’t help the way you feel. I mean come on I loved you when I was younger. I heart when I left. I should have said something, anything. Maybe now we’d be different but we know that didn’t happen. I missed you so much for the first year or so I was gone and little by little I got more and more busy and soon you were just a small memory in the back of my mind. I’m so glad your back in my life now though, cause now those feeling are coming back. Maybe not as fast as yours but they are and I don’t wanna lose you.”

For the next hour or so we sat there in my truck outside of the movie theater just holding each other close and talking about the different things we remembered from our childhood together.

“I think we should head back in,” I said looking at the clock and seeing it was already 10:30. “I’m kinda getting a little hungry.”

“Me too,” he replied. “What you in the mood for?”

“Hmm lets see do you want pizza?” I asked.

“Sounds good,” he responded as I sat up and turned on the truck.

“Ok we can stop at a close pizza place and grab one to go so we can just go home and eat,” I stated. “I look horrible and don’t feel like staying somewhere and eating.”

“You look beautiful,” he smiled as he brushed my check with his hand.

They drove down the road in silence until they parked in front of a local pizza place.

“You wanna go in or both of us?” he asked.

“We can both go in,” I replied as I turned off the truck and got out and walked inside. “So what kind of pizza do you want? I love the white sauce cheese pizza.”

“That sounds good we’ll get that,” he responded as they got in line.

“Next,” asked the lady behind the counter.

“Hi I’d like to place a to go order,” I spoke.

“Ok,” the lady replied.

“What a large?” I asked Nick.

“Sure that sounds great,” he answered.

“Ok then,” I started. “We’ll have a large white sauce cheese pizza.”

“Is that all?” asked the lady.

“Yes please,” I answered.

“Ok the total is 16.95,” the lady replied.

“Here you are,” I said as I handed her a twenty-dollar bill and she handed me my change. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome and your number is 7,” responded the lady as she handed me the receipt.

“We can have a seat over here if you want,” I told Nick.

“Sure,” he followed me to the empty seats closest to where the pizza would be. “So got any good movies at home?”

“Well I just got A Walk To Remember,” I started. “Sweet Home Alabama, and Father of the Bride.”

“Sounds just like movies you’d get,” he laughed.

“Hey,” I responded.

“Number 7,” yelled the lady at the counter.

“That’s us,” I got up and walked over to get our pizza. “Number 7 thanks.”

Nick grabbed the pizza as we walked out and went off to my place.

“I’ve got more movies then that I just happened to get those just recently and like them,” I said as we drove out of the parking lot.

“Hey there’s nothing wrong with those movies,” he replied. “How about this when we get to your place I’ll go through your movies and find a good one for the both of us to watch together ok.”

“Fine,” I sighed. “Nothing to violent though cause I’m not in the mood for violent or horror films at this hour.”

“Deal,” he smiled as I drove into the parking spot at my place and turned off the truck.

“Ok now I’ll get some napkins and something to drink for the both of us while you look at the movies,” I got out of the truck and started for the elevator inside the apartment building.

“Ok,” he replied as we got inside the elevator and pressed the 10th floor button. Once there we got out and into the apartment and went our separate directions to do our things.

“Do you mind if I get into some comfortable clothes cause I’m tired of being in this outfit?” I asked as I laid the drinks and napkins on the coffee table.

“Not at all,” he answered. “Actually I was gonna get more comfortable too I hope you don’t mind if I just wear my boxers and a shirt.”

“Not at all,” I replied. “I mean you used to do that when we were younger and spent the night at each others house’s.”

“Yeah I did,” he chuckled as I left the room and got changed into a comfy pair of pajama pants and a shirt and socks. I grabbed my blanket off the bed as I walked out the room and saw no Nick in sight. He had gone off to change. A few seconds later out walked Nick just like he said in his boxers and a shirt.

“You picked out a movie?” I asked.

“Yeah Dumb and Dumber,” he answered.

“Sounds good,” I replied as I sat on the couch and got me a piece of pizza. He soon followed right behind me after putting in the movie.

“Which drink is mine?” he asked.

“The blue cup,” I answered as I reached for the green cup next to it.

“Thanks,” he smiled as the movie started.

“I’m gonna turn down the lights some,” I said as I got up and turned on a lamp and turned off the rest of the lights and sat back down.

******

 

“I’m so glad you chose that movie it was so good,” I said as it ended.

“Yeah it was,” Nick replied.

“Wanna watch another one?” I asked knowing that I wasn’t that tired at the moment and wanted to watch another movie.

“Sure,” he replied. “You choose this time.”

“Ok,” I stood up and walked over to my movies. “I’m gonna make you watch A Walk To Remember cause I want to see this so bad. I haven’t seen it since I went with Melissa to see it in the movies last year.”

“Cool,” he replied. “I never seen it.”

“Its got Shane West and Mandy Moore in it,” I informed him. “And it makes me cry each time I watch it.”

“Well if you ever need a shoulder to cry on my shoulder is always available,” he offered.

“Thanks,” I said as I put the movie in and sat down on the couch and curled up next to Nick as he put his arms around me.

******

 

“She died too soon,” I sniffled at the end of the movie. As I laid there Nick didn’t say a word. I turned around and got up quietly and softly not to wake him. I walked over closer to his face and bent down to kiss him goodnight. As I placed my lips on his I felt him respond to my kiss and wake up.

He moaned as his eyes opened and I broke away.

“What time is it?” he asked.

“After 1 the movie just ended,” I answered.

“Aw I missed it,” he sighed jokingly. “Guess will have to watch it again another time together.”

“Yeah I guess so,” I laughed as he pulled me onto the couch with him.

He looked into my eyes as I looked into his. Before I knew it we were passionately kissing.

“Nick,” I breathed out as I backed my head away from his.

“What?” he asked confused at what I was doing.

I got up and took his hand in mine and walked back into my room.

As we got there I opened the door and closed it behind us and started kissing him.

“I need you,” I said as I pushed him onto the bed and kissed him passionately. Soon clothes were flying through the air and landing all over the room.

******

 

“Ugh!” I sighed as I heard my cell phone ring. I turned over and looked at the clock which read 8:19 a.m. I was still wanting more sleep. I got out of bed quietly as Nick was still sound asleep next to me from the night before.

I grabbed my cell phone and walked out the room, “Hello?”

“Hey did I wake you up?” asked the men on the other end.

“Yeah kinda but its ok,” I answered kinda annoyed.

“Sorry,” he started. “But I just needed to call you and tell you that we start going over the schedule for the guys next week instead of in February and we need you at the office starting tomorrow morning if that’s convent for you.”

“Yeah that’s fine,” I replied upset that I had to go back to work tomorrow and all I wanted to do was spend more time with Nick. “I’ll see you at about 9 is that good?”

“That’s perfect,” he responded. “Ok so I’ll see you then for the meeting since we have to work on merchandise for the tour since we moved a few dates to earlier then the original dates were.”

“Ok,” I yawned. “Well I’m gonna go back to bed before my friend wakes up.” I still didn’t want anyone I worked with to know about me and Nick. Soon they’d know but not now when we had only been dating for almost two months.

“Go get some sleep,” he replied. “Bye.” I hung up the phone with that and got back into bed quietly.

“Who was that?” asked a half awake Nick.

“My boss he wants me in the office tomorrow to go over tour dates and stuff,” I answered. “But I just need more sleep right now. I’m too tired to talk.”

A few seconds later I was out like a light and so was Nick.

******

 

“Hey,” I said as I walked into the meeting room to meet up with my boss and the guys from Rascal Flatts.

“Hey,” they all replied.

“So lets get started so we can get home early today,” my boss spoke as I took a seat. “Ok we need to choose what type of merchandise we want for this tour. We need shirts, maybe a poster, a keychain, any other suggestions?”

“How about a hat or something?” I suggested.

“Sounds good now lets talk about dates we need to get tickets on the market as soon as possible,” my boss spoke again.

Before I knew it the meeting was over and I was off to see Nick again. Lately that’s all I’ve wanted to do is be with him. He’s all I could really think about.

“Remember next week I’ll see you on Monday to go over more details and then we have off again until March then we get ready for the tour,” my boss said as we all left the off.

As I got in my truck and turned on the radio I heard a song start playing and turned up the radio.

“I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.” I started to think of Nick even more listening to the song. It sounded just like the words he had said last night. As I drove down the road the song soon ended and I changed the station to the local country station where a Rascal Flatts song was playing.
“Finally a few days off,” I sighed as I turned onto the street towards my place.

******

 

“Nick you up?” I shouted through the apartment as I walked in.

“In here watching TV hope you don’t mind,” he responded.

“Its ok babe,” I said as I walked in and kissed him.

“How was work?” he asked.

“You know the drill,” I answered. “I’m just glad I’m out until Monday and then after that I don’t have to be back until March.”

“Cool,” he replied. “How about after you get out of work Monday you and I fly off for some place warm and spend my birthday together since its only a few weeks away.”

“I so think that sounds wonderful,” I kissed him as I sat next to him.

“Anyone home?” asked Melissa as she and Jake walked in the front door.

“Hey girl,” I jumped up and ran to the door. “I’ve missed you but good thing Nick was here or I couldn’t last long.”

“Aw I missed you but you knew this was gonna happen sooner or later,” she started. “You knew I was getting married and moving on.”

“I know its just I’m gonna miss my best friend,” I hugged her. “But I’m glad you found someone good for you. Jake take good care of her or I’ll come after you.”

“And you’ll have to deal with me too,” smiled Nick as he walked over to the door. “Hey Melissa how was the honeymoon?”

“It was great,” Melissa smiled.

“Thanks for the room Taylor it was beautiful,” spoke Jake.

“Your welcome,” I smiled.

“Hey can you both watch Lucy for me while we go on vacation for my birthday?” asked Nick.

“Yeah sure I love Lucy,” smiled Jake as Lucy ran into the room at the sound of her name. “Hey girl.”

“Where you both going?” asked Melissa.

“Oh just somewhere warm,” I answered. “We haven’t thought of a place yet but just know its gonna be nice when we get there.”

“When do you leave?” asked Jake.

“We thought as soon as I get back from work on Monday,” I answered.

“So if I can I wanna drop Lucy off as soon as possible so we don’t have to worry about her later,” added Nick. “We’ll give you her food and some toys and everything you might need for her too.”

“That’s great,” replied Melissa. “Lucy loves me so she’ll be fine and she’ll have a yard to run around in.”

“Yeah,” I responded. “Maybe I should think about moving into the country.”

“You should its so beautiful,” noted Melissa.

“I’ll think about it while I’m gone,” I started. “I mean I would have a bigger place and a yard for Lucy. But it will be just me too and that’s what I don’t want.”

“Maybe you can find someone to share it with you,” Melissa smiled.

“Maybe,” I replied.

“Well I’m just here for some of my things and I’ll get the rest while your on vacation,” Melissa informed me.

“Ok well I’ll just get the key from you later,” I responded. “I’m gonna go start dinner. Do you both wanna stay?”

“I’d love to but we gotta go get settled in at home,” answered Jake. “Thanks anyways. We’ll take you up on the offer next time though.”

“Ok,” I replied as I walked in the kitchen with Nick.

******

 

“I should be out of there before 5 today and once I’m home we can grab a cab and go to the airport,” I kissed Nick. “Love you.”

“Have fun,” he kissed me back as I ran out the door since I was running late for my meeting.

Later that day Nick was finishing packing up something’s and getting ready for the vacation when I got home.

“Hey you,” I wrapped my arms around him as he turned around and we kissed. “You all ready?”

“Almost I just couldn’t find your bathing suit,” he answered.

“Oh its in a box in the closet since I don’t go swimming that often anymore,” I replied as I got out the box. “Here it is. I hope it still fits.”

“Why wouldn’t it fit you look better then ever,” he smiled as we finished packing. “Ok can you call for the cab while I get the bags into the living room.”

“Yeah,” I said as I grabbed the phone book. “Did Jake or Melissa get Lucy?”

“Yeah Jake came by earlier and picked her up,” he yelled from the bedroom. “He was so excited to have her while we’re gone. I think he should get a dog of his own.”

“Yeah maybe they should,” I yelled as I dialed the number for cab. “Cab’s all set.”

“Great,” he said as he kissed me. “I so can’t wait to be on the beach and having fun.”

“Me too,” I agreed. “I love you so much.”

End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. I really wanna know if you like it or not.
Chapter 9 -- Take Me There by True_Beauty

“Wow this is so beautiful I’m so glad you talked me into coming here,” I smiled as we drove down the road in Key West.

“I thought you might like it here,” Nick replied as we drove to our ocean front resort we were staying at. “Its still early here if you wanna get some food and go to the room and just relax for today.”

“That sounds great,” I responded. “I’m so up for some kind of seafood or something like that.”

“Sounds good lets see if we can find a place,” he said as we passed by a local restaurant. “How about we go to the room and check in and then ask the people at the front desk for the best place here is.”

“Good idea,” I replied as we got closer to the resort. “I so can’t wait to see the view we have.”

“This is gonna be one of the best birthday’s ever,” he commented as he turned into the parking lot. “I’ve got my best friend and girlfriend by my side so its all good.”

“Well I’ve got my best friend and boyfriend by my side too,” I replied as I kissed him. “This is gonna be amazing.”

“Next,” yelled the man behind the check-in counter.

“Hi,” I replied. “I’ve got reservations for 2.”

“What’s your last name?” the man asked.

“Adams,” I answered.

“Taylor?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Ok I just need a major credit card to put a deposit on and then I’ll get you two room keys and you’ll be all set,” he said as I handed him my credit card. “Thank you. Here are your room keys and your credit card. Can you please sign on the line there.” I signed as he continued. “Your room is right upstairs on the top floor, room 1502. Have a great stay and if you need anything please don’t hesitate to call the front desk.
“Thanks,” Nick said as we headed for the room. “We can get our stuff after we see the room.”

“Great idea,” I replied. “This place is so beautiful.”

“Ok so we’re on the top floor,” Nick said as we got in the elevator. “I hope its really nice.”

“Me too,” I replied as we came to a halt and a girl got on.

“Oh my gosh your Nick Carter aren’t you?” asked this one young lady about 20.

“Uh,” Nick started. “Yeah but please don’t say anything I’m here just for my birthday.”

“Well I promise not to tell anyone you’re here but can I get a quick picture and autograph?” she asked.

“Sure,” he replied. “Taylor can you take the picture?”

“Sure,” I answered as I took the camera and took the picture.

“Thanks,” she said as I handed her, her camera. “Here’s a pin and piece of paper.”

“Here you go,” he said as he handed her the signed paper.

“Is this your new girlfriend?” the girl asked.

“This is my best friend,” he smiled.

“Oh well hi,” she replied. “I’m Emily.”

“Nice to meet you Emily but this is our floor,” I said as the doors opened. “It was great meeting you.”

“You too,” she replied. “Thanks Nick.”

“Welcome,” he responded just as the doors closed again and we found our room.

“Wow look at this room,” I said as we walked through the door. “This is the best place I’ve ever stayed. Thanks babe.”

“Your welcome,” he replied. “You can think yourself cause it was under your name.”

“Well we all know why,” I smirked. “I love you so much. I can’t believe I’ve lived in Florida all those years and never came here.”

“We’ll I’m glad I could bring you here,” he said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. “Look at this beautiful view.”

“I know its great,” I replied as I kissed him passionately.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“I can’t kiss the man I love?” I smirked.

“Oh well then I’d just have to do this to the women I love,” he said as he picked me up and laid me on the bed.

“Oh so you love me?” I asked making sure I understood what he had just say right.

“Yeah,” he smiled. “I’ve noticed over the past few days how much you loved me and how much I’ve missed being with you and how much I love you.”

“Really?” I smiled back.

“Yeah really,” he said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said just as he crushed down on me and kissed me.

******

 

As I woke up I saw Nick laying next to me staring at me.

“Hey,” I yawned. “Whatcha doing?”

“Just watching you sleep,” he smiled. “You looked so peaceful and pretty that I couldn’t take my eyes off you.”

“We’ll I should be saying that to you cause your hot and I can’t take my eyes off you,” I replied as I turned to look at him better. “What time is it?”

“About 8 you wanna go get some dinner or something?” he asked.

“Sounds good I’m so hungry,” I answered. “I just gotta get dressed and we can go.”

“Yeah me too,” he replied as we got up.

“I wonder how Lucy’s doing,” I yelled from the bathroom.

“She’s fine she’s with Melissa and Jake,” he insured. “She knows and loves them so its all good.”

“Yeah I know I was just thinking about her,” I said as I walked out while putting on my shirt.

“Well don’t think about here this week,” he said. “Just think of all the fun we’re gonna have together. Just you and me. Think about all the fun we’re gonna have at the beach or snorkeling. Think about all the cool things you’ll see. Lucy well be fine trust me. You love me don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“Then why would I lie to you,?” he asked.

“You wouldn’t,” I answered.

“Then trust me everything is fine just have fun,” he replied.

“I will,” I smiled as I kissed him softly. “I love you.”

“Love you too,” he smiled. “Now lets go I know of a place in walking distance from here that has some of the best food.”

“Great I’m hungry,” I replied just as my phone rang. “Oh my gosh who is calling me at this hour while I’m on vacation.” I looked down at the number and saw right away it was Jay. “Hey Jay what’s up?”

“Hey just called to tell you that we’re gonna need you to go with us to the Grammy’s and we’ve got you an extra ticket so you can bring a date if you want or a friend or something like that,” said Jay.

“Oh thanks I’ll get more details when I get back into town,” I said trying to hurry up and get off the phone so I could leave.

“Oh your out of town?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m in Florida right now with my best friend,” I answered not wanting to tell him I was with Nick. “I’ll talk to you when I get home though.”

“Ok,” he replied. “Sorry I interrupted your vacation.”

“Its ok I just got up from a nap,” I said. “We’ll we’re heading out to eat so I’ll see you next week.”

“Ok bye,” he said.

“Bye,” I closed the phone. “That was Jay sorry he was just telling me that he got me an extra ticket to the Grammy’s. You wanna come with me to the show?”

“Yeah I’ll just have to tell my management that I don’t need a ticket cause I was gonna surprise you with a pair,” he answered.

“Aww sorry babe,” I said as I grabbed my purse. “Lets get going I’m hungry.”

“How many times have you said that in the past few minutes like a million,” he laughed.

“Probably but I am,” I replied. “Now lets go.”

“Ok we’re going,” he laughed again as we left the suite and headed for the restaurant down the block.

******

 

“You were so right that place was good,” I said as we walked down the block back to the resort.

“I know and the people there are just so nice,” he responded as he put his arm around me.

“You know what I’m glad I waited for you,” I smiled towards him.

“You are?” he replied.

“Yeah,” I started. “I thought after you left and we stopped talking that I’d just move on and find someone else and fall in love like Melissa but ever guy I met I compared to you. I just was so in love with you then that I didn’t want anyone else but you. I’m glad I have my chance now to see what would happen.”

“Well I’m glad I found you cause I so wanted to see what would happen with us too,” he smiled as he laid a kiss on my lips.

“I love you,” I said as we parted.

“I love you too,” he replied as we started walking back to the resort.

“So I was thinking I’d tell the guys that I’m bringing my boyfriend and then show up with you at the Grammy’s,” I said as we walked into the lobby. “How does that sound?”

“Sounds good,” he answered. “We can stay at my place if you want instead of the hotel out there.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he replied. “I’d love for you to see my place.”

“That sounds great I can’t wait to see it,” I smiled as we got into the elevator. “You know I’d never think in a million years that I’d be able to do what I’m doing. Look at me I’m a manager for a new and upcoming country trio and I have the best boyfriend ever who used to be and now is again my best friend.”

“Well your one lucky women,” he said. “And I’m one lucky man to have a beautiful and talented women as my lady.”

“Well I’d like to meet this beautiful and talented women,” I joked.

“Oh well you will once I find her,” he laughed.

“Oh really you have to find her and how will you do that?” I asked wondering.

“Oh by doing this,” he leaned in and kissed me passionately. I’m go glad we were the only one on the elevator.

“I found my man I don’t know if you found your women yet or not,” I smiled as we broke from the kiss.

“Oh yeah I did,” he smiled.

“Man with us acting like this people are gonna think we’re on our honeymoon or something,” I laughed.

“Hey we could always practice like we were so we will know what its gonna be like,” he said as the doors opened at our floor and he swept me off my feet.

As we walked through the door he laid me on the bed in our room and shut the door. As we started kissing clothes went flying and before we knew it we were rolling around all over the bed.

******

 

“Hey how’s Lucy?” I asked.

“She’s doing great,” answered Melissa as I talked to her on the phone. “We’ve got some good news for you and Nick when you get home.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Hey I gotta get going I just wanted to check in on Lucy since I had a second. Nick just ran down to a pizza place he knew of down the block to pick up a birthday dinner.”

“Oo the big 2-3,” she laughed.

“Yeah,” I laughed too. “Hey but before we know it we’ll be there too. Your birthday isn’t that far off. What only 2 months away.”

“Yeah so,” she said. “Well I got food cooking I better go. Tell Nick happy birthday for us.”

“We’ll do,” I said. “Love ya.”

“Love ya too,” she replied as they hung up their phones.

“Who was that?” asked Nick as he walked into the room with pizza. “Cause it wasn’t me and I thought you loved me.”

“I do but see I love this other person too,” I joked.

“Oh really,” he smirked. “May I ask who this person is?”

“Oh no she’s no one you know,” I smiled.

“It‘s a girl?” he laughed.

“Oh yeah,” I laughed back. “I’ve known her forever.”

“Does Jake know about this love affair?’ he joked as he put the pizza on the table and put his arms around my waist.

“Yep,” I nodded as I looked into his eyes. “But you wanna know something?”

“What?” he asked.

“I love you more,” I answered. “I mean I may love her as a sister or a friend but she can’t take away the love I have for you. And I know we’ve only been together for a short time now but I really feel good like this with you. I feel your probably my one.”

“Well I’m starting to feel the same way,” he smiled as he kissed me passionately.

Soon we forgot about the pizza and headed off to our room.

******

 

“Melissa and Jake told me to tell you happy birthday,” I said as I laid next to Nick on the bed eating pizza.

“Well I’ll have to tell them thanks next time I see them,” he replied.

“Did you have a great birthday?” I asked.

“Yeah I did,” he answered.

“Sorry I didn’t get you a birthday gift I just really haven’t had any time to get anything and I didn’t really know what to get a man who has everything,” I said.

“Well I didn’t have everything until I saw you that night at those awards,” he started. “And as for a gift you are my gift baby and I don’t need anything else but you.”

“Aww that’s why I love you is cause of stuff you say like that,” I laid my head on his chest as the movie played on the TV. “So beach tomorrow sound good?”

“Sounds great,” he smiled. “We can go snorkeling cause its so much fun or even jet skiing.”

“Oh my gosh I’ve always wanted to go jet skiing,” I smiled up at him. “Can we do that first?”

“We can do whatever we want we don’t have a time limit,” he answered.

“Thanks babe,” I replied as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Love ya,” he kissed my forehead.

“Love you too,” I said as I started to watch the movie that was playing.

******

 

“Which first snorkeling or jet skiing?” I asked as we walked down to the elevator in our bathing suits, sunglasses, and flip flops and towels in hand.

“Snorkeling since its better to do that first,” Nick replied as the doors to the elevator opened.

“Ok sounds a ton of fun,” I replied. “Can we by any chance get a waterproof camera to take with us?”

“Yeah we’ll get two so we don’t have to go searching for another one later,” he answered as we got to the lobby floor. “This is gonna be so much fun today you’ll love it.”

“I hope so it always seems like so much fun,” I replied.

“You know this is what I love about you,” he said as we walked to the gift shop outside the resort.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“That I can be myself around you and you won’t judge me for who I am or what I do,” he answered looking into her eyes as they stopped for a moment.

“Aww you know that’s what I love about you too,” I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his waste and laid my head on his chest.

“Is this all?” asked the man behind the counter as I he placed two waterproof cameras on the counter.

“Yes please,” Nick answered.

“Ok your total is $26.95,” the man told us.

Nick gave the man the money and go his change as they grabbed the cameras and walked out the door.

“Can I have a camera?” I asked as we walked down the street with his arm around me and mine around him.

“Sure,” he passed the camera.

“I wanted to take a picture before we got all wet together,” I said as I opened the camera box.

“Ok,” he said as I wounded up the camera. Just then a lady walked by. “Excuse me.”

“Yes,” she asked.

“Hi can you take a picture for us?” I asked.

“Sure,” she answered as she took the camera and we posed. “Thanks.”

“Your welcome,” she said as she gave me my camera back and walked away.

“Ok lets go snorkeling,” Nick said as we walked father down the street to the snorkeling shop. “You’ll have a blast. Once we get there they’ll tell us all about what to do and then we’ll go out and after that we’ll go jet skiing.”

“We’ll tomorrow I wanna relax at the room cause its our last day here,” I smiled as we got to the shop.

“Sounds great,” he said as we walked inside.

“Hi my I help you?” asked the women hanging up scuba diving gear.

“Hi we’d like to sign up for snorkeling if possible,” he answered as we walked up to the lady.

“Sure follow me this way,” she walked behind the counter. “Just you two?”

“Yes,” I answered.

“Ok we can get you with a group before they leave,” she started. “And we have a few different packages.”

“Great,” he stated as they looked at the different trips they offered.

“Oh Nick I’d love to do the one where we can swim with the dolphins,” I said excitedly.

“Why not that sounds like fun,” he replied. “We’d like this one. I’d to know if their was any way we could get a private trip or not.”

“We only do it on special occasions,” she replied.

“Oh ok cause I just didn’t want to be bugged,” he said.

“Oh sorry there also booked way in advance too,” she responded. “Well would you both like to fill a waver form. And you said you wanted the dolphin trip?”

“Yeah,” I answered as we took the form and pens she handed us and filled them out.

“Ok the total is $190.46 for the both of you,” she said.

“Here you are,” he passed her his credit card.

“Do you have id?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he passed his drivers license to her.

“Here’s the forms,” I handed her ours once they we’re finished.

“Thanks,” she replied. “Here’s your credit card and id Mr. Carter.”

“Thanks,” he said as he took the cards.

“Excuse me but do you mind if I ask you a question before I take you both to the boat area,” she asked as she looked at Nick.

“Uh sure,” he shrugged.

“Are you Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys?” she asked.

“Uh yeah,” he answered.

“Well if you had just said who you were we could have gotten you a private boat,” she said. “We have a special boat for any celebrities that wanna come down here to go snorkeling.”

“Well we’re fine now with the boat you got for us already we’ll just stay with it,” I intruded. “We don’t need to be treated any differently now that you know who he is. We can stay with the small group we have and be fine. We can handle a few other people with us. We’ll have fun.”

“Sorry I just didn’t recognize him at the time since he had sunglasses on sorry,” she apologized.

Just as she was about to talk again my cell phone rang.

“One second,” I said. “Sorry babe. Hello.”

“Hey sorry to bug you on your trip but I had to ask something about the merchandise,” spoke Gary on the other line.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Jay, Joe Don, and I wanna do two posters and we were told we had to talk to you,” he answered.

“Well that’s fine cause it gives more opportunity to sell more stuff at the show,” I answered. “Just have one say the tour name and the other say Rascal Flatts. I just got an idea why don’t you do one for each of you like one of just you then one of just Jay and one just of Joe Don.”

“That sounds great I’ll talk it over with them thanks,” he replied. “Bye talk to you later.”

“Bye,” I said as I hung up my phone. “Sorry Gary was having a problem about merchandise for the tour.”

“Its ok I know how frustrating it can be,” Nick replied as we turned to the lady. “We’re ready for the trip please.”

“Ok the next one leaves at 9 so we need to get you briefed,” she replied. “I couldn’t help but hear you say something about Rascal Flatts. I love their new song.”

“Thanks,” I replied as I followed her out near where we were gonna be briefed. “I’ll tell them you said that when I talk to them again.”

“You know them?” she asked nosily.

“Yeah I’m their manager,” I said irritated at all the questions she was asking us that morning.

“That’s awesome,” she said as she got to the briefing area. “Sorry for the way I acted earlier its just I didn’t know who you both were and if I had recognized you Nick I would have given you the private trip.”

“Its ok I’m glad I don’t look that recognizable,” Nick replied.

End Notes:

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the story and what you think might happen next. I'd like to know what you think might just go on.

Chapter 10 -- What's So Important? by True_Beauty

"We got one stop before home," I said as I turned on my truck.

"Sure," Nick replied as we got out of the airport. "I just wanna get something to eat while we're out too cause I'm hungry."

"Me too," I agreed as I turned on the radio. "I wanna see if Melissa's at work."

"I thought she worked nights?" he asked.

"She does just sometimes she has to do the days," I answered as I turned on the radio. "Nope she's not on."

"So where we going?" he asked.

"To Jake and Melissa's," I replied. "Melissa said she had something to tell us that was good."

"Wonder what it is," he said as we turned off the interstate for Jake and Melissa's house.

"Yeah me too," I started. "Maybe they've got something for you for your birthday."

"I doubt that," he replied as we turned down the road for their house. "We'll get Lucy while we're there today too. Maybe they got a dog."

"Maybe," I said as we parked in front of their house and got out.

"Let's find out now what they wanted to tell us," he responded as we walked up to the door and knocked. As we did I heard Lucy bark and footsteps come to the door.

"Hey," smiled Melissa as she opened the door.

"Hey," I hugged her.

"How are you both?" she asked.

"Great," answered Nick. "How about ya'll?"

"Couldn't be better," she smiled.

“That’s great,” I walked into their house with Nick right behind me as Lucy started jumping on me. “How was my girl?”

“A sweetheart,” she answered as we walked into the living room. “How was the trip?”

“Great,” Nick responded. “It was great to be able to relax like we did.”

“That’s good,” she replied.

“So we didn’t just stop by to pick up Lucy we wanna know what you wanted to tell us,” I smiled as we all sat down and Jake walked in the room.

“Hey ya’ll,” Jake started. “Have a great trip?”

“Oh yeah,” I said as he sat down. “So Melissa was just gonna tell us what she wanted to tell us.”

“Oh she was,” he smiled.

“Yeah,” replied Nick.

“Well I know we’ve been only married for less then a month but,” she paused as she turned to look at Jake. “We’re gonna have a baby.”

“Oh my gosh congratulations,” I smiled as I hugged them.

“congratulations,” Nick said as he hugged Melissa and shook Jake’s hand.

“So when are you due?” I asked.

“In October,” Melissa smiled.

“Aww I so can’t wait until then,” I smiled. “Well we’re gonna head out and get some food on our way home cause I miss it.”

“Ok,” Jake said as we all got up.

“It was great having Lucy,” Melissa noted. “We’d love to have her again any time you want to just get away.”

“Great,” I replied. “I’ll talk to you both later.”

“Ok bye,” said Melissa as we hugged and Nick and I left.

******

 

“Can you believe it,” I said as I walked into my apartment.

“I know,” replied Nick as he sat the food on the table in the dinning room and Lucy ran off to the couch.

“Who would have thought that this soon in their marriage their having a baby,” I said as I got plates and glasses out of the cabinet. “I don’t think I want kids that soon after I’m married. I’d wanna wait a little while until I’m stable.”

“I know what you mean,” he replied as I handed him a plate. “Thanks. You know I’m glad we’re back in Nashville. I kinda missed it. I think I’m starting to love this place a lot.”

“I fell in love with this place the first few hours I was here,” I noted. “Just look at the city its just so amazing. There’s always something to do and I’m never bored.”

“You’ve got a great place,” he started. “Its within walking distance of all the best clubs here and just a short ride to the Titans stadium so when they play the Bucs we can go watch it.”

“Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun,” I smiled. “I haven’t been to a football game since college. I can’t wait until I can go to another game. I wish I got the chance back in Tampa to see the Bucs when I lived there. That was always a dream of mine.”

“I’ve been to a few games there it was a lot of fun,” he responded. “Me and the guys even did the National Anthem there back when it was held there.”

“Cool,” I replied as I ate. “As soon as I’m done eating I wanna put on some pjs and just relax.”

“sounds good to me,” he said.

******

 

It was about 2 in the morning and Nick was still up as I had gone to sleep at about midnight when we were watching Jay Leno. As he surfed the internet on his laptop an idea came to mind. He thought back to the day before his birthday.

“So you wanna just stay in for today and then tomorrow we can do whatever?” I asked as Nick walked out of the bathroom.

“Sounds great but I wanna get some food and bring it back tonight cause I wanna watch the Super bowl,” Nick answered as he got dress. “I can’t believe the Bucs made it this far. I’m so excited I hope they win.”

“I know I brought my jersey just so I could wear it today,” I smiled. “Melissa got it for me one year for my birthday. I just had to bring it for this big day.”

“I packed mine too,” he replied as he pulled his out. “Which jersey do you have?”

“I wanted Mike Alstott’s but Melissa got me Rhoda Barber instead,” I started. “I love it though cause he’s my second favorite. Looks like you have the jersey I want.”

“Yeah I guess I do,” he smiled as he jumped onto the bed and laid next to me. “So you wanna go down to a store and pick up some snacks before the big game?”

“Sure sounds good,” I replied. “We can even get a pizza for dinner as we watch the game.”

“I like that idea,” he said as I got up.

“I’m gonna take a quick shower and then we can head out and have some fun until we need to be back for the game,” I said as I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After I was finished with the shower I dried off and put on a pair of shorts and my jersey.

“Doesn’t someone look hot today,” Nick said as I walked out of the bathroom.

“I know you do,” I smirked as I laid on the bed.

“How about we go see the town for a few then go get the things we need for tonight?” he asked.

“Sounds great I wanna see what’s around here besides water,” I chuckled as I put my tennis shoes on. “How about we go shopping?”

“Sounds like a plan,” he replied.

About ten later we were driving down the street towards some of the best places to shop in Key West.

“That looks like a fun place to shop,” I pointed to Nick as he looked for a parking spot. “I so wanna look in there for a dress for the Grammy’s,” I said as he parked and got out of the car.

Before we knew it the Super Bowl had started and the Bucs were playing the best all season. They were in San Diego, California playing the Oakland Raiders. The halftime show had just ended and we were winning 20 - 3. I couldn’t believe it, for the first time in franchise history we were winning the Super Bowl. This team lost so many games the first couple seasons it wasn’t funny. I was so happy to see the team I loved and wanted to win out there doing the best ever.

“Run Keenan,” I screamed at the screen as Keenan McCardell ran for a touchdown. “YAY!!!”

“That’s what I’m talkin’ about,” said Nick as Martin Gramatica kicked the field goal for the extra point and made it.

Within two plays the Bucs had an interception and we were yelling a cheering as Dwight Smith ran it 44-yards for a touchdown. We were going so crazy because now the Bucs were 34-3.

“Oh my gosh can you believe this babe we’re winning,” I smiled as I looked over at Nick.

“I know,” he started. “I bet Tampa is going crazy right at this moment.”

“I bet so,” I replied as we focused back on the game.

The Bucs won the game that night 48 - 21.

“This was the best birthday gift ever,” Nick smiled. “My favorite team won the day before my birthday what else could I ask for?”

“I don’t know that was just a great game,” I replied as I went to go get ready for bed.

As he finished sending the e-mail to his manager about his idea he turned off his laptop and headed to bed. He hoped that his manager could help him with his idea. If so it was gonna be a real big surprise he had planned.

End Notes:
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think and what you think might happen. Thanks.
Chapter 11 -- Having A Little Fun by True_Beauty

“Ok so we’ll meet you there for dinner the 20th,” I spoke into the phone as I talked with Joe Don. “I’m not going to be staying at the hotel since my boyfriend has a place out there. We’ll see you at about 7:30 then. Bye.”

“So you all set for the airport?” Nick asked as I hung up my cell phone and put it in my purse.

“Yeah lets go drop Lucy off at Melissa and Jake’s then we can head out,” I answered as I put on my jacket since it was cold outside. “I can’t believe we’re heading out there this early, but I don’t care. I so can’t wait to be in California. I hope the weather is nice so I don’t freeze in my dress.”

“You’ll have fun and I’ll keep you warm no matter what,” he smiled as we grabbed our suitcases and Lucy and her stuff and walked out the apartment.

“You know what I wanna do?” I said as we got into the elevator.

“What?” he asked.

“I wanna go shopping down Rodeo Drive,” I answered. “I just wanna see what they have. Maybe I could pick up another dress just incase I have another award show I have to go to in the future.”

“If you want,” he shrugged as the doors opened and we walked out to my truck. Lucy jumped in as I opened the back door of my dual cab truck.

“So we’ve got a few weeks until the awards,” I informed him. “What do you wanna do?”

“Who cares lets just get out there,” he answered. “We’ll go to Rodeo Drive on of the days. We don’t have to be back here for a week.”

“True,” I backed out of my parking spot and drove off for the airport. “How long until the flight takes off?”

“Four hours,” he replied .

“Great,” I said. “So are you meeting up with the guys while we’re out there?”

“We might it any are in town,” he replied. “That’s if you wanna go meet them since you never got to in the past.”

“I’d kinda like to meet the guys you used to talk about so much,” I smiled as I got off the interstate for Melissa and Jake’s house.

“I think you’ll like them,” he noted. “You gotta watch out for them cause at any moment they can do or say something stupid.”

“Hey if their anything like you I can handle myself,” I replied as I turned down Melissa and Jake’s street.

“Well thanks,” he joked.

“Welcome,” I smiled. “You know I love you though.”

“Yep,” he replied as I turned into Melissa and Jake’s driveway and turned off my truck. “Ready to have some fun here for a while Lucy? I so wish we could take you with us but we can’t right now.”

“Maybe next time,” he said as we got Lucy’s stuff and opened the back door of my truck and Lucy jumped out.

“Yeah maybe,” I sighed as I walked up to the door and knocked on it.

Melissa answered the door, “Hey ya’ll.”

“Hey you,” I hugged her. “Its great to see you.”

“Yeah I know its been a few days since I saw you last,” she replied. “And now this ones back. You both can’t stay home.”

“Well we’d love to take her but I don’t want to take her out there right now incase something comes up,” Nick spoke up.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “But hey we gotta head out are you and Jake gonna follow us so you can bring my truck back here so we don’t have to pay that airport fee?”

“Yeah I just gotta get Jake and then we can go,” she answered as she ran inside with Lucy and her stuff to get Jake.

“You can get in the truck if you want,” I told Nick as I waited for the others.

“Ok,” Nick replied. “Hey can I have the keys so I start up the truck to get it warm again?”

“Sure,” I tossed him the keys.

“Thanks,” he replied as he jumped in the truck and turned it on as Melissa and Jake walked out.

“Hey Jake,” I hugged him.

“Hey,” he hugged back. “So you both looking forward to sunny California?”

“Oh yeah I so can’t wait to go even though we just got home from Key West,” I smiled as we walked towards the trucks. “I know we travel way to much but its not all our faults I had to be in California for the awards and I didn’t feel like bringing Lucy out at this moment not really knowing Nick’s living arrangement out there.”

“We totally understand,” replied Melissa. “Ok so we’re gonna follow you to the airport terminal and then I’ll take your truck back here and we’ll pick you up when you get home.”

“Sounds perfect,” I smiled. “See ya in a few.”

******

 

“Next,” yelled the lady behind the check-in counter at the airport.

We walked up to get our bags checked-in as Nick spoke, “Yes we’re checking in.”

“Last name?” she asked.

“Carter,” he replied as the lady typed in his last name.

“Nick?” she asked.

“Yes,” he answered.

“Ok so you booked two tickets that stop at LAX then go to Hawaii,” she said. “Is that correct?”

“No,” I said

“Yes,” he replied at the same time as me.

“What are you talking about we’re heading to California I thought,” I looked at him questionably. “Why are you saying we’re going to Hawaii?”

“it’s a surprise,” he smiled.

“What kind of surprise?” I asked.

“You’ll see when we get there,” he replied.

“Nick,” I whined.

“No Nick you’ll find out later,” he responded as he finished checking-in our luggage and got the plane tickets to Hawaii.

******

 

“Ok are you gonna tell me now why we’re here since we’re now checked-in at the hotel and all?” I asked as I laid down on the bed next to Nick.

“Nope not yet,” he answered. “Tomorrow you’ll find out.”

“Aww,” I whined.

“I could always just forget about the surprise if your gonna be like that,” he joked.

“No I’ll be a good girl,” I smiled.

“Trust me this will be all worth it in the end,” he replied. “Now lets get some sleep or we’ll be so tired tomorrow morning since we gotta be up early.”

“Fine,” I kissed him as I got up to get changed into something more comfortable.

Once done I laid back in bed and watched TV with Nick as I feel asleep in his arms.

Before I knew it the next morning had already arrived and we were getting ready to go out.

“You gonna tell me yet where we’re going?” I asked as we had just finished eating breakfast.

“Not yet you’ll see in a few,” he answered as we go up and walked towards the front of the hotel.

“Ok so how we getting there?” I asked as I saw a limo parked out in front of the hotel.

“This limo,” he smiled as the door opened.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah get in,” he answered as I stepped inside followed by Nick.

“We should be there soon,” he said as we started moving.

He was right too. About twenty minutes later we were there and the door opened. I was the last one out.

“Oh my gosh Nick we’re at the stadium,” I covered my mouth thinking I knew why he brought me here.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Come on lets go in.”

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he smiled. “Surprise I got tickets to the Pro Bowl for us.”

“Oh my gosh this is the best ever babe,” I jumped into his arms with excitement. “Thank you so much.”

“Your welcome,” he replied. “Now lets get inside and see what’s happening.”

“We’re going in now?” I asked.

“Yeah I got VIP access,” he answered. “I just got a hold of some people and they hooked me up.”

“Oh my gosh this is amazing,” I hugged him again as we walked towards the entrance.

“We gotta stop by well call first though cause they have our tickets,” he said as we walked towards the stadium.

“How may I help you?” asked the lady behind the glass window.

“Yes I’m here to pick up my tickets it should be under Carter,” he responded as the lady checked for the tickets.

“Here you are,” she replied as she placed down an envelope.

“Thanks,” he said. “This is it right?”

“Yes sure have a great time,” she smiled as we walked off.

“Ok here’s our lanyards,” he said as he pulled out the lanyards from the envelope. “They have our names on them.”

“Cool,” I replied as I put on my lanyard and walked towards the gate were they had security checking badges.

“Inside to your left,” said the security as he check our badges and let us in.

“Thank,” we said at the same time and walked inside to our left towards the field.

“Can you believe we’re here babe?” I asked as we walked towards were the guys were practicing.

“I know I can’t believe it but its gonna be so much fun,” he answered as we walked up to the sidelines and stood to watch.

“I’m so glad I brought my camera with me so I can get some shots of the practice and maybe a picture with a few of the players later,” I smiled as I started to take some pictures of the guys at practice.

“So when practice is over who do you wanna meet first?” he asked as practice continued.

“Umm anyone of these guys there all good,” I answered. “Oh my gosh there’s Brett Favre sitting down you wanna go talk to him?”

“Sure why not,” he replied as we made our way towards the bench he was sitting on.

“Excuse me Mr. Favre,” I said nicely as he turned around.

“You can call me Brett Mr. Favre makes me sound old,” replied Brett Favre from the Green Bay Packers.

“Sorry,” I smiled back shyly. “I was just wondering if I could maybe get a picture with you I’m a big fan.”

“Sure I’d love to,” he replied.

“Nick here can you take it?” I asked Nick.

“Sure,” Nick answered as he took my camera and took the picture.

“Thanks babe,” I replied as I took back my camera. “Thanks Brett.”

“No problem,” he said as he turned to Nick.

As we walked away the NFC take a break while the AFC went on the field. And as they we’re coming off the field and getting water Nick and I saw a bunch of the Bucs players standing around talking to each other.

“Excuse me,” interrupted Nick. “Sorry to bother you right now but I just wanted to say you all played so great at the Super Bowl.”

“Thanks,” replied Mike Alstott from the Bucs.

“I’m a huge fan of yawls,” Nick stated. “So is my girlfriend, Taylor, where ever she went.” He turned around and found me talking to Simeon Rice from the Bucs. “Oh there she is talking to Simeon.”

“Well thanks,” said John Lynch from the Bucs. “You look familiar have we met before?”

“No,” Nick answered. “I did the National Anthem at Raymond James once though during the Super Bowl in 2001 with some friends you may have heard of. I’m one fifth of the Backstreet Boys.”

“Ok that’s were I saw you,” John replied. “Are you here to do the National Anthem?”

“No I’m just on vacation with Taylor before we have to head to California for the Grammys,” Nick answered.

“Oh that’s cool,” Derrick Brooks another one of the players from the Bucs spoke up. “So are you from Tampa?”

“Yeah and so is she,” Nick pointed at me as I continued to talk to Simeon about Tampa. “But we don’t live there anymore but her parents do and so does my mom.”

“Cool,” Mike replied. “Are you here for the game on the 2nd?”

“Oh yeah we got club seats,” I answered. “I wanted to surprise Taylor since she loves football and the Bucs are both of our favorite team. She was so excited about ya’ll winning the Super Bowl it was so funny. We watched it in Key West since we were on vacation there that week for my birthday which was the next day.”

“Cool,” Derrick said as I heard a cell phone go off.

“That’s mine,” I spoke up as Simeon and I joined the group of guys talking. “Sorry I gotta take this.” I walked a few steps away and talked to Jay who was on the other line talking about the rooms and flight out to California. After I finished talking to him I joined back into the group of men who were talking about some random things. “Sorry about that just some work related stuff.”

“Its ok,” replied Simeon.

******

 

“That was the most fun I’ve ever had even if the NFC lost badly,” I smiled as we walked out of LAX towards the awaiting taxi’s. The final score of the Pro Bowl was 45-20 with the AFC winning. “And I love this Brooks jersey you got me too.” I looked down at my jersey I was wearing then into Nick’s eyes.

“Well your welcome,” he replied. “I love mine you bought me.” I had gotten him an Alstott jersey that he was wearing.

“So we’re finally headed to your place,” I sighed as we got into the first available taxi we could find and told him where to go.

“I hope you like the place,” he started. “Its not the fanciest place but its nice.”

“Who cares I just wanna see it,” I replied. “I mean come on you’ve seen my place and its small so yours can’t be worse then that.”

“True,” he laughed. “But your place is cute.”

“Yeah,” I continued. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.”

“What it is,” he replied. “Your room is the best rooms of them all too.”

“Really?” I laughed. “I thought it looked too girly for someone like you.”

“Who cares,” he smiled as we drove up to his house and got out.

“Oh my gosh,” I said shocked as I got out of the Taxi. “This is gorgeous Nick.” Nick paid the driver as he pulled out our suitcases and placed them on the sidewalk.

“Thanks,” he replied as he grabbed some of the suitcases and walked towards the house. “Let’s go in.”

“Oh yeah right,” I snapped out of my gaze and grabbed my stuff and headed inside. “Wow its even more beautiful inside.”

“Thanks,” he said as I looked up towards the ceiling. “Come on let’s put our stuff up in my room and then I’ll show you the place.”

******

 

The time past by so quickly and soon we were getting ready for dinner with Rascal Flatts and their girls.

“Hey Jay,” I hugged him as I walked up with Nick behind me. “Hey guys. You remember Nick right?”

“Yeah,” they all replied at once.

“Hey,” said Nick as he shook their hands.

“So you ready to go in?” asked Gary as we all stood around.

“Yeah sure,” I answered as we all moved towards the inside of the restaurant and were seated.

“So you must be the new boyfriend that keeps Taylor gone a lot,” joked Joe Don.

“I guess I am,” Nick laughed.

“She talks about you a lot at work,” teased Jay.

“I do not,” I blushed.

“Ok so I lied,” Jay laughed. “She’s not really mentioned much about her personal life. Its great to meet you again though.”

“Thanks,” Nick smiled. “Its great meeting ya’ll again too. Its gonna be fun at the Grammys with ya’ll.”

“I so can’t wait,” replied Gary.

******

 

“Ok this is it,” I said as the door opened and Gary and his wife stepped out of the limo.

“You’ll be fine,” reassured Nick. “You look beautiful tonight.”

“Thanks,” I replied as we were the last to step out. As soon as we hit the red carpet and stood next Rascal Flatts and started down the carpet questions flew at us.

“Nick!” yelled a few reporters over and over again.

“Hi Entertainment Tonight can I ask you some questions?” asked a reporter.

“Sure,” Nick shrugged as I stopped next to him next to Rascal Flatts who were talking to the reporter next to us.

“Why are you here with Rascal Flatts?” asked the reporter.

“My girlfriend is their manager and I wanted to come with her,” he replied with a smile. “Sorry but we gotta get inside.” We walked away as the guys ended their interview and walked farther down the red carpet and answered more questions that were thrown at us.

“We’re gonna be the talk of the entertainment shows probably,” I joked as we found our seats.

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” Jay added.

“Thanks,” I laughed.

“No prob,” Jay laughed back.

******

 

“Oo you made best dressed list for the awards babe,” I smiled as I flipped through People Magazine.

“Cool,” he replied as he drove down the road. We were heading to lunch with AJ today. It was the first time I’d meet any of the friends Nick had. I never got to meet them when he started out since we were both so busy and then we lost contact over the years. “AJ seemed excited to finally be able to meet you.”

“That’s great I’ve always wanted to meet him,” I replied. “You always had something to talk about when we talked back then. Usually something about what you did to one of them as a prank.”

“I so remember those pranks too,” he smirked. “I was so good at them. And still am too.”

“I wouldn’t tempt you cause I know you can get someone good,” I replied as he parked and we got out.

“Good cause you don’t know what you might have coming if you did,” he laughed.

“Whatever Mr. Carter,” I smiled as we walked closer to the outdoor restaurant.

“Oh so what’s with the Mr. Carter Ms. Taylor?” he asked.

“Oh nothing I just felt like saying that cause I remember how you used to always get in trouble at school for your pranks and they’d call you Mr. Carter,” I reminded him.

“Oh yeah,” he remembered. “Well how about that one time when I took the wrap for you so you could keep your good girl image.”

“Oh yeah the glue in the teacher’s seat,” I laughed as we saw AJ sitting at a table waiting for us. “After that I swore never to do anything like that again. Thanks for saving my butt then.”

“Hey no prob,” he replied. “But remember this your gonna have to save my butt one of these days. So it’ll all be even then.”

“Deal,” I smiled as we walked up to the table and AJ stood up.

“Hey,” said AJ.

“Hey,” replied Nick. “This is Taylor. Taylor this is AJ.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said as I shook AJ’s hand.

“Nice to meet you finally,” AJ smiled. “I’ve heard so much about you over the years.”

“Oh really,” I replied as we sat down.

“Yeah when we first started out all Nick could talk about was his best friend back at home that he missed,” AJ said as Nick blushed.

“Well I missed him too,” I noted. “But I also had a ton of people to remind me of him around me more then he did.”

“Like who?” asked Nick.

“Like everyone,” I answered. “There was your family for a few years. Then the teachers, especially Mrs. Davis our science teacher. She always would ask about you and where you were.”

“Oh I forgot about her,” he replied. “Just to tell you man Taylor knew everything about me before I left and I knew everything about her. And we had some of the craziest teachers together too.”

“Oh yeah especially that drama teacher,” I laughed.

“Ok seems like you too are going down memory lane again,” AJ broke our laughter.

“Sorry,” I replied.

“Its ok,” AJ responded. “So what brought you back together and here to California?”

“Well I was with the group I manage,” I started. “Rascal Flatts and we went to Vegas for an award show. During the show I ran into Aaron who talked me into meeting up with him and Nick and well after that we just hit it off.”

“Well there was that one part you missed,” noted Nick.

“What part?” asked AJ.

“Oh yeah that part,” I remembered. “As we were in the elevator at the Hilton that night I told him how I felt back when we were kids and then we went from there.”

“Aww how sweet taking off where you left,” said AJ.

“Not really,” replied Nick. “We never told each other how we felt as kids so her telling me was a big step to where we are today.”

“Aww that’s pretty sweet,” AJ responded.

“Yeah I think so,” I said.

Chapter 12 -- M.I.A. by True_Beauty

“Thanks for dinner,” I said as I sat at the dinner table in Melissa’s dinning room finishing my dinner.

“Oh it was no problem,” Melissa replied. “We just thought you might want to have dinner with someone since Nick had to stay back in California. Why is he still there? I thought he was coming home with you.”

“I thought so too but apparently the guys wanted to get started on the album a little sooner then expected,” I said. “Things are just crazy lately.”

“How?” asked Jake.

“Well I’m in my first real relationship ever and its with Nick,” I started. “The one man I thought I’d never be with or even see again. Then we have a great few months together. The next thing I know is he’s having to stay in California and I’m having to come home alone to finding out the Rascal Flatts schedule is being changed around. Oh and also come to find out that I’ve only been given one ticket for the upcoming CMT Awards the guys are nominated for.”

“Hey you have us,” replied Melissa. “You don’t have to worry about everything. Come on if you can’t live without Nick what would happen if you actually married him and he was on tour and you couldn’t be with him for some reason?”

“You know I’ve never thought about that,” I said. “I haven’t started thinking about marriage. Right now I’ve just been focused on me and Nick and my career. I’d love to get married one day but right now I don’t see it happening. I mean ok maybe if me and Nick are still this strong next year it would be nice to maybe start talking about it. But really I think right now is too soon to start thinking about it.”

“Yeah but really if you also think about it,” Jake started. “You saying that you miss him means that you truly do love him. I bet he’s the same way right now out there. I bet he’s missing you just as much and wishing he were here with you.”

“You think so?” I asked.

“I know so,” he answered.

“Thanks for cheering me up,” I smiled.

“No prob,” replied Melissa as she got up from the table and we all started towards the living room.

“So how have you both been lately?” I asked.

“Same old same,” answered Jake. “We’ve been the normal type newlyweds.”

“I would hope so,” I laughed. “I wouldn’t hope any problems would be going on this soon in your marriage.”

“Nothing bad has happened so far just all good,” Melissa smiled. “Right babe.”

“Right,” he smiled back.

“So what all good has happened besides getting married and moving into this nice house that I so want?” I chuckled as I asked.

“Oh nothing really,” answered Melissa.

“Nothing,” Jake replied shocked. “How would you say its nothing?”

“What is he talking about?” I asked confused.

“Its not really nothing,” started Melissa. “We just found out and I haven’t really planned on telling people right now since its so early and everything. I’m just scared that something might happen.”

“Nothing is gonna happen,” Jake replied. “And its not that early.”

“Oh my gosh your gonna have a baby?” I asked shocked.

All Melissa could do was look at me with the biggest smile in the world on her face and shake her head yes.

“Oh my gosh,” I screamed as I jumped out of my chair to hug her. “Congratulations. I couldn’t think of any other couple who would be awesome parents then you two.”

“Aww thanks Taylor,” she smiled.

“I’m serious,” I replied. “Your baby is gonna be the cutest. I so can’t wait. When are you due?”

“Well the doctor said September 26th,” she answered.

“So your what like three almost four months along,” I smiled. “Aww.”

“Yeah I guess so,” she replied.

“Oh my gosh I told you,” I started. “You are so lucky Melissa. Look at all you’ve got. And now your gonna have a baby on top of it all. I wish I were you.”

“Aww you’ll get your chance one day,” she responded. “If you stay with Nick your kids will be the cutest ever. I think even more cute then ours.”

“Hey that would be hard to beat look at you both,” I noted. “Your both very beautiful. The thing your baby is gonna get is the smart gene cause you both are too smart for me even though I did go to the same school as both of you.”

“Shut up your smart,” laughed Jake.

“I know its just you two together are gonna have a smart baby,” I said.

“What you don’t think your baby would be smart?” asked Melissa.

“Yeah I do its just I’m not going to have to worry about them being smart when their probably gonna be getting into a ton of trouble,” I answered. “See if I ended up having a baby with Nick then they’d probably be just like him. Or for that matter any guy I’m with when I have a baby.”

“Hey you don’t have to worry about that right now so just don’t think about it,” said Melissa.

“Yeah I know why did you get me started on this?” I asked.

“Hey it wasn’t me who said they weren’t lucky,” Melissa replied.

“True,” I laughed as I looked down at my cell phone to see what time it was. “Oh my gosh its getting late. I gotta be up early tomorrow for work.”

“Yeah I know what you mean,” replied Jake. “I have to be at work by 8.” He was an accountant for a big law firm in Nashville.

“Well I’m gonna head home,” I stood up. “It was great being over and hearing the great news.”

“Well we loved having you here,” Melissa said.

“I’ll see you next weekend to go shopping right?” I asked.

“You bet,” Melissa smiled.

“Ok I’ll see you both later,” I replied. “Bye and congratulations again.”

“Thanks,” they both said at the same time. “Bye.”

******

 

“Man am I tired,” I thought to myself as I shut and locked the door behind me. “I’m so gonna get into my pjs and just relax. Where’s Lucy? Usually when I walk in the door she’s running to greet me. Maybe she’s asleep. Oh well I’ll find her in a few.” I put my purse down on the couch and walked towards my room. As I walked in my room Lucy came running out scared.

“Lucy what’s wrong?” I asked as she started to run and bark louder as if he was barking for help. “Man my walls must be thick cause I never heard her bark. What’s up Lucy?” As I got closer I started to think maybe there is someone in my room. As soon as this thought came to mind I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the frying pan off the stove and went back towards my room. As I walked back to my room Lucy started barking more. “Ok girl its ok I’ve got it under control.” Just then I swung open my bedroom door and turned on the light to see a man standing there with a mask on his face. As I went to hit him on the head with the frying pan he grabbed my hands and twisted them so the pan dropped on me and knocked me out cold. As I laid there with a small amount of blood coming from my head the man picked me up and carried me off out of my apartment and down the stairs and out towards an awaiting car on the backside of the apartment complex. As soon as they placed me knocked out into the back of a black, dark windows SUV they drove off to some unknown place. As the man took me out he grabbed my purse and started to go through it. He saw all my important stuff I needed for work the next day and my phone. I had just gotten pictures from a trip printed so those were found in my purse. They went through everything until they had gone through it all.

******

 

“Where’s Taylor?” asked my boss as they were wanting to start the meeting.

“I haven’t heard from here this morning,” answered his secretary. “Maybe she’s just running late.”

“Yeah maybe,” he replied. “If she’s not here in twenty minutes I’m starting without her. Can you call and see if she’ll answer her cell phone.”

“Sure,” she responded as she found my number to call me. As she called my phone rang in my purse. “There’s no one answering sir.”

“Ok well keep on trying and if she doesn’t call back I’ll just have someone stop by her place later to see if she’s ok,” he told her.

“Ok,” she replied.

“Oh,” he added. “If you can’t get a hold of her in an hour tell me and will keep trying to get a hold of her. She’ll just come in tomorrow and make everything up.”

“Ok I’ll try her more,” she replied.

******

“Still no word from Taylor?” asked my boss as the secretary shook her head no. “Two days in a row that’s just not like her to be like that. Try her house and her cell phone a few times and then we’ll contact her boyfriend to see if he’s heard from her.”

“Do you know who that is?” she asked.

“Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys,” he answered. “I’ve got teenaged daughters who love them. You can get a hold of him through Jive records out in California.”

“Ok thanks,” she replied as he walked back into the meeting room and she tried to get a hold of me.

About an hour later she still couldn’t get a hold of me so she turned to getting the number for the Jive Records studio out in California. After a few minutes of trying to find the number she found it.

“Hi Jive this is Casey may I help you?” asked the secretary for Jive as she answered the phone.

“Hi yes this is Amy with Lyric Street Records and I’m calling to see if Nick Carter is in today,” answered Amy the secretary for Lyric Street.

“May I ask what the importance is of this call to interrupt our artist from their meeting?” asked Casey.

“I have an important question to ask him about his girlfriend who is a manager here for us,” Amy replied.

“Ok let me see what I can do,” Casey said as she placed the phone on hold and went into the conference room were Nick was. “Excuse me. Mr. Carter you have a call on line 2 they say its pretty important.”

“Did they say who they were?” Nick asked.

“They said they were from Lyric Street Records,” she answered not wanting to tell him it was about his girlfriend.

“Ok thanks,” he replied. “Sorry guys I’ll be just a minute.” He picked up the phone in the corner of the room and pressed line 2. “Hello.”

“Hi,” started Amy. “I’m Amy from Lyric Street Records and I’ve been asked to call and ask if you’ve heard from Taylor today. We’ve been trying to reach her since yesterday and she’s not picking up her cell phone or house phone. We don’t want to frighten you but we’re just wondering if you’ve seen her.”

“No I haven’t seen her since I left last weekend but I did talk to her right when she pulled up to her place late the night before yesterday after a dinner she went to at a friends,” he replied. “Have you checked her apartment for her?”

“No we haven’t we just thought she might be running late or something,” she continued. “But she was suppose to be here yesterday and today but no such luck.”

“That doesn’t seem like her at all,” he said as he thought where she might be. “Have you talked to her friends Melissa and Jake who live there?”

“No I was told to call you first since you’re her boyfriend,” she replied. “Do you have their numbers?”

“Uh,” he started. “Yeah let me just grab my phone.” he placed down the phone and got his cell phone. “Ok Melissa and Jake’s number is 532-5861. You can also try at the country station if you can’t get a live person there.”

“Ok thank,” she thanked him.

“Your welcome,” he replied. “If you hear anything from her please tell her to call me as soon as she can.”

“I will,” she promised. “As soon as I hear anything I’ll let you know if we haven’t gotten a hold of her quicker.”

“Ok great,” he responded. “Thanks. Bye.”

“Bye,” she said as she hung up the phone and started calling Melissa and Jake.

As Nick hung up the phone he turned around to return to the meeting. He was still in shock that Taylor wasn’t at work. She was always there and never was late.

“What’s wrong with you?” asked AJ. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“Taylor’s missing,” Nick whispered.

“What?” asked Brian.

“Taylor’s missing,” he spoke up.

“Oh my gosh,” replied AJ. “How long?”

“Since yesterday,” he responded. “I talked to her the other night right before she went into her apartment and then her work said she never showed up yesterday and then nothing today.”

“I’m so sorry,” replied Howie. “Is there anything you want us to do to help you?”

“I don’t know what to do,” he started. “I’m so confused this kind of thing has never happened to me.”

“Yeah sure we’ll reschedule this meeting for later,” stated Johnny Wright. “Take all the time you need Nick. Just go get her back and safe.”

“Thanks,” he replied. “I think I’m gonna head back to Nashville and find her.”

“We’ll come help,” Kevin spoke up. “That’s if you’d like the help.”

“Thanks,” he smiled for the first time since he got off the phone with Amy. “I was kinda thinking of taking the next flight out there as soon as I get home a get a few things.”

“Sounds fine with us,” replied AJ. “We’ll meet you at the airport in an hour is that good?”

“Yeah,” he shook his head. “I’ll see you then. And guys.”

“Yeah,” they all said at once.

“Thanks,” he turned around and said then walked out.

******

 

“So where do we start first?” asked Brian as we went out of the airport to the awaiting taxis.

“Well its still early and everyone is probably still at work,” started Nick. “Lets go to Lyrics Street and talk to the people there.”

“Ok do you know where it is?” Howie asked.

“Yeah,” he answered as they jumped into a van taxi with all their stuff. “1100 Demonbreun street please.”

“Sure,” said the taxi driver as he drove off.

About half an hour later they arrived in front of the building and got out. With all their stuff.

“Thanks,” said Nick as he paid the driver and headed for the building with the guys right behind him. Once inside he walked right up to the first person he could find. “Hi I’m looking for Rascal Flatts its kinda important and I need to find them.”

“May I ask who you are?” the man asked.

“I’m Nick Carter,” he started. “I’m here looking for them to ask them something about my girlfriend Taylor Adams.”

“Ok let me go get them I’ll be right back,” the man said then walked away to get them. About five minutes later he walked back. “They said to come on into the meeting room.”

“Thanks,” Nick replied as he walked towards the meeting room and walked in with the guys. “Hi sorry to bug you guys but I needed to come and ask about Taylor. I know she’s missing from what some lady told me earlier but I wanna find her. Do you have any information on her?”

“I’m sorry Nick nothing new has happened,” answered Jay. “We’ve been in a meeting for two days straight now and we need her input. We’re hoping she’s ok.”

“Well have you notified the police?” asked Nick.

“Sorry Nick we haven’t,” responded Joe Don. “We thought she would just show up.”

“Have you check her house?” asked Kevin.

“Sorry we haven’t done anything thinking that she might just have accidentally missed just one day and we never really thought anything of it,” Gary spoke up.

“Have you contacted Melissa and Jake?” Nick asked.

“We haven’t gotten a hold of them,” replied Gary.

“I’m gonna call them,” noted Nick as he pulled out his cell phone and started dialing their number.

“Nick hey,” said Melissa as she answered the phone cheerfully. “I’ve been meaning to call you and tell you the good news.”

“Hey,” Nick replied sadly. “What good news?”

“What’s wrong you seem upset?” she asked.

“Taylor’s missing,” he almost cried.

“What?” she replied as her happiness turned into sadness. “When did this happen?”

“Yesterday she didn’t come into work,” he spoke on the verge of crying.

“Don’t cry Nick your gonna make me cry and I’m very emotional right now,” she told him.

“I can’t help it she’s missing Melissa,” he broke down and cried.

“Nick its gonna be alright,” she cried. “Have you contacted the police?”

“No I just got in and the guys at her work were just waiting thinking she’d come in soon,” he answered.

“Well me and Jake will meet you and call the police,” she said. “Where are you right now?”

“Lyrics Street,” he replied

“Ok stay there and we’ll be there in about fifteen minutes or so,” she told him.

“Ok,” he responded as he hung up the phone.

“Its gonna be ok Nick,” Howie spoke up.

“Stop saying its gonna be ok when Taylor’s missing,” Nick cried. “Your not missing your girlfriend. She’s happily at home probably doing nothing. Mine on the other hand is out here in Nashville somewhere missing. You don’t know what has happened to her.”

“Nick stop over reacting your gonna make it worse on yourself,” said Kevin trying to calm Nick down.

“I’m not overreacting I’m just being practical,” he replied. “I just want her to be safe.”

“We all do,” said Brian. “All we can do right now is pray that God keeps her safe and she’ll be home soon.”

“I shouldn’t have left,” Nick started crying again. “If I had stayed maybe she’d still be safe with me. I should have brought her out to California with me. Its all my fault.”

“Nick its not your fault she had a career she loves and she had to stay back here for it,” said AJ. “Nick when I met her besides talking about you two all she could talk about is how she loves her job. This is what she loved so its not your fault she stayed here alone.”

“He’s right she stayed here for work,” noted Jay. “You know the last time I saw her last week she was just so happy. She’s been so much more happy having you in her life. She loves you so much. She wouldn’t blame you for anything. You didn’t do anything wrong neither did she. Its just the way life goes.”

“We know this is real tuff for you right now,” started Gary. “Its hard on us too since she’s like a sister to us. We want her back more then ever.”

“Yeah and even if some of us haven’t met her we’re here because she means so much to you,” said Howie. “Back when we were getting started all you could talk about was how Taylor was the coolest and she was the best ever and how much you liked her. Well its happening again Nick and we don’t want you to loose her. We’re here for you and to help you no matter what. We want happiness for you and for her.”

“Thanks guys,” Nick said.

“Nick!” yelled Melissa as she ran into the room crying and ran straight into Nick‘s arms. “We gotta find her. I can’t lose her she’s my best friend. She was there through all the hard times I went through. She needs to be here now. She can’t be gone she’s got so much to look forward to. She’s got a goddaughter to watch be born and grow up.”

“What?” asked Nick confused. “What goddaughter? I’ve never heard of one.”

“I’m talking about my baby Nick,” cried Melissa as Jake walked in the room. “She’s gonna be my baby’s godmother. I never told her the other night since I hadn’t picked out godparents but we really wanted both of you as godparents for our baby.”

“Nick we need her, this baby needs her, we need to find her,” Jake spoke up. “We can do anything it doesn’t matter how much it cost we just need to find her. She means a lot to both of us.”

“Well I still have a key to her place so I was thinking maybe we should check there first then if there’s nothing there we call the police and inform them about her,” Nick said. “I’m gonna head there you guys stay here. Can I borrow someone’s car?”

“You can uses mine,” answered Jake as he tossed Nick the keys. “It’s my truck not Melissa’s truck out there.”

“Ok thanks,” he replied as he ran out the room and off towards the truck. All that was running though his mind was something happening to Taylor and not being able to see her again.

******

 

“Taylor Adams has been missing since Tuesday,” started the news reporter. “She was last seen at her friends house the night before and was last in contact with her boyfriend. If you know anything about this disappearance we urge you to please contact your local police station. A reward is being offered to anyone with information as to where she may be. There have been many people out looking for her yesterday and still nothing has come up.”

“Its really sad that someone so young and so ready to start a life with her boyfriend could disappear like she has,” spoke one searcher. “Even though we don’t know her personally she does live in my building and so I thought that if this ever happened to me she’d be doing this for me just like I’m doing this for her. I pray that she’s safe and waiting for us to come find her.”

“We’re asking that someone please come forward with this case and please give us any information you have,” cried Taylor’s mom. “This is my baby girl any information will be helpful. Even if you think it might be stupid please help cause anything can help.”

Just as the TV replayed the same interview over and over again we sat in the living room of Melissa and Jake’s house. This was the place we were staying while looking for Taylor. Just as the interview was almost over the phone rang.

“Ok answer now,” said one of the detectives as he monitored the calls.

“Hello,” said Nick as he answered the phone.

“If you want your girlfriend back leave the police home and leave a hundred thousand dollars at the park tonight at 9 and then I’ll drop her off tomorrow,” spoke the man over the phone who had taken Taylor.

“Who are you?” asked Nick as the line went dead.

“He’s calling from a cell phone over near Jackson Street,” the detective said as he looked up at Nick.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading my story. I hope you are enjoying it and please let me know what you think about it.
Chapter 13 -- Meeting With The Enemy by True_Beauty

“Ok so we’re gonna put wires on you so we can hear what’s going on,” said one of the detectives. “When you meet up with him your gonna hand him the money and ask where Taylor is. Then your gonna leave and one of our undercover cops is going to follow them.”

“Ok,” said Nick as he listened to the plan. It was getting close to the time when he was suppose to meet up with the kidnappers. All he could think of were thoughts of Taylor and if she was ok still. “You ready to head out?”

“Yeah lets get in place,” he answered. “You got the money?”

“Yeah,” Nick nodded as they walked out the door to their different vehicles.

About thirty minutes later they arrived at the park and Nick got out of the vehicle. He then walked towards a dark shaded area where he thought the guy might want to meet. As he stood there and looked around to see if anyone was walking his way.

Time passed and still no one walked his way. All he could think of was where this guy might be and how Taylor was doing.

“Where is she God?” Nick asked quietly to himself. “Where is she?” He was so scared that something might happen to her. This was his best friend here, his girlfriend, the women he loved more then life itself. He couldn’t believe he was having to do this. “Breath Carter everything is gonna be fine. She’s ok.”

“How do you know?” asked a deep voice from behind that made him jump. “How do you know we haven’t hurt your girlfriend?”

Nick turned around very slowly to come face to face with a man who had a ski mask and turtle neck covering most of his face.

“Can I help you?” asked Nick scarred.

“Yeah you can hand over the money and everything will be fine,” the man answered.

“Tell me she’s ok first,” Nick replied.

“You’ll find out later,” he responded. “But don’t worry your pretty little head.”

“Where is she?” Nick asked.

“Don’t worry I’ll drop here off here later this week whenever I feel like it,” the man laughed.

“Did you do anything to her?” Nick asked yet another question still holding the money.

“Don’t worry about here just give me the money,” he started to get loud. “I don’t wanna make a scene right here so just hand over the money and I’ll drop your little whore off later.”

“Don’t call her that,” Nick said angrily. “She is not some whore who you just pick up for a one night stand.”

“Whatever just hand over the money and she’ll be set free,” he yelled grabbing the case of money from Nick’s hand and started running off.

The first thing Nick could think to do was run. He ran after the man.

“Stop and telling me where she is!” Nick yelled as the man jumped into an awaiting van. Nick ran trying to catch the guy who ran around to the other side where the door was. Just as they started to move Nick ran out in front of the van and was hit. The driver of the van backed up and went around him and speed off. One undercover cop car took off just as planned with a few stationed all over the area to take off following the guy later down the road.

A few undercover cops that were stationed around the park just in case jumped out of their cars calling for help as they ran towards Nick.

“Nick are you ok?” asked one of the officers.

“Can you hear us?” asked another officer.

“What just happened?” asked Nick as he tried to open his eyes.

“You were just hit by the kidnappers,” replied an officer. “Don’t move an ambulance is on its way.”

“Did someone follow them?” asked Nick.

“Yeah we’re tracking them,” answered an officer. “We also had someone walk by and accidently bump into the van and put a tracking device on it so we can tell where they are at all times.”

“Good,” he moaned. “My head is killing me.”

“Just stay still they’ll be here any moment now,” he said as he started to hear sirens. “Speaking of the devil. Ok Nick there here for you. Stay with us ok.”

“Ok,” he sighed as the paramedics jumped out of the ambulance and ran towards him.

“Ok sir we’re here to help,” one of the paramedics said. “We’re gonna place you on a stretcher and take you to the hospital sir.”

“Ok,” Nick replied.

 

******

“You hit him you idiot,” yelled one of the kidnappers as they walked into the apartment where they had Taylor. “You weren’t suppose to hit him. Are you stupid now look what you’ve done.”

“I didn’t mean to,” the other kidnapper replied. “He just ran in my way as I took off. It was all his fault.”

“Well its not gonna look like that to a lot of people,” he responded. “Lets just finish up with her and dump her somewhere.”

“Fine,” the other man said as they walked towards the room where Taylor was.

“You wanna go first or me?” he asked.

“You” the other man replied.

******

 

“Get dressed,” The kidnapper yelled.

“And don’t say anything,” said the other kidnapper. “Hurry up too.”

Once I was dressed they grabbed me by my arm and dragged me downstairs to the van. It was now late at night but I couldn’t tell because they had me blindfolded all the time I was in their apartment. I never got to see a thing.

“Get in,” yelled the kidnapper. “Ok now drive Jimmy.”

“Jimmy,” I thought to myself. “Maybe that will help find them if I ever get free.”

“Go to that back alley on Jackson and 5th,” the kidnapper started. “We can drop her off there.”

“Good idea,” replied the kidnapper so called Jimmy.

“Hurry up,” said the kidnapper. “I wanna get rid of her before to long.”

“We’re almost there,” responded Jimmy. “About five more minutes.”

“Good,” replied the kidnapper.

About five minutes later they found the closest and darkest alley way and turned down it. As soon as they were alone they jumped out and opened the door.

“Ok sweetie now here you are and if you say anything to anyone we’ll come back and get you,” said the kidnapper.

“You understand?” asked Jimmy.

“Yes,” I said wanting them to leave right now.

“Good,” said Jimmy as they jumped into the van and took off.

About five minutes later I sat on the ground and waited to make sure they were gone and I took off the blindfold.

“Ok now lets see I heard we’re at Jackson and 5th so that means we’re over near the stadium,” I told myself as I started walking towards the closest road I could see. “Ok let’s find the closest payphone I’ve got some change on me I think.” I placed my hand into my pocket and dug for change. Thankfully I had two quarters just what I needed for the phone. “Ok now where is a payphone. Let’s see Denver and Jackson has one, I think.” I walked down towards Denver watching cars pass by every now and then on Jackson.

Finally after about half an hour of walking I found a payphone. I placed the two quarters in the machine and pressed Nick’s number.

All it did was ring until after the 5th ring when I finally heard someone’s voice.

“Hello?” asked a man.

“Sorry I got the wrong number I was trying to reach someone else,” I said.

“Are you trying to reach Nick?” asked the man.

“Yes is he there?” I asked the man.

“He’s in surgery right now,” the man answered.

“Surgery,” I replied shocked. “Why? What’s wrong with him?”

“Who’s this?” the man asked.

“This is his girlfriend,” I answered. “Who’s this and why is he in surgery?”

“I’m Kevin,” Kevin answered. “Where are you?”

“Jackson and Denver,” I replied. “Why is he in surgery?”

“Let me come a get you and then we can talk once we get you ok,” he said.

“No I wanna know what’s wrong with Nick,” I cried into the phone.

“The police are on their way to get you and bring you here to the hospital,” he replied.

“I wanna know why he’s in surgery!” I screamed into the phone.

“Calm down Taylor everything is gonna be fine,” he said. “Once you get here we’ll tell you all about it.”

“No tell me Kevin,” I cried again. “I wanna know what’s going on. I have a right to know.”

“He’s fine just come in,” he started. “The cops will be there any second and their gonna bring you here.”

Just then a police car pulled up.

“Hang up the phone please,” asked the officer. “Are you Taylor Adams?”

“Yes,” I said as I hung up the phone without saying anything to Kevin.

“I’m here to pick you up and take you to the hospital.”

“Sir I need to see my boyfriend,” I said.

“After they check you out and discharge you,” he started. “Then you can go see your boyfriend but right now we need to take you in for tests.”

“I’m fine,” I replied. “I just need to see Nick.”

“Lets get in and get to the hospital first,” the officer said as he opened the car door and helped me in. “We’ll be there in no time at all.”

******

 

“Ms. Adams your families here to see you,” said the doctor as I woke up.

“Thanks,” I said as my family walked in. “Hi mom, Hi dad.”

“Baby,” my mom said as she came running towards me to hug me.

“Mom,” I cried. “Did you hear about Nick?”

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Why’s he in surgery?” I asked “I was never told.”

“He was hit by the kidnappers as he tried to run after them,” she answered.

“Oh my gosh,” I cried. “Is he ok?”

“He’s fine but he’s got a few broken bones,” she replied.

“Ms. Adams,” the doctor walked in. “I’m gonna be discharging you in about half an hour. But I do need to talk to you too alone.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Can you guys give us a moment?”

“Sure sweetie,” said my dad as they walked out the room.

“Ms. Adams,” the doctor started. “I see that you had some bruising and were sexually abused. Did this happen this week while you were missing?”

“Yes,” I cried. “They told me they’d come after me if I told anyone.”

“Its ok they won’t come after you ever again,” the doctor replied. “The police are tracking them down as we speak and are finding them. We got their DNA thanks to you so we know who they are.”

“Can I see Nick?” I asked.

“Yes,” the doctor answered. “I’ll just get the paper work for you and you can get dressed. A friend of yours brought you some new clothes to change into.”

“Thanks,” I said as I took the clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

When I got out of the bathroom the nurse was there with my papers to discharge me. I signed a few papers and before I knew it I was out of there.

“Excuse me where is Nick Carter’s room?” I asked the nurse before she left.

“I’ll find out for you,” she replied. “You wanna come with me to the desk?”

“Sure,” I said as I walked out the room.

“He’s in recovery over in the 3rd wing on the 7th floor room 717,” she said as she looked at the computer.

“How do I get that?” I asked.

“I’ll take you there,” she answered. “Its so hard to get around this hospital.”

“Thanks,” I replied. “So did it say anything about him besides his room number?”

“Sorry I’m not allowed to say anything,” she answered. “I wish I could.”

“Its ok,” I sighed. “I’ll just ask Kevin when I get up there. I just hope their still there.”

“Last I heard he still had people in the private waiting room for him.”

“Thanks,” I replied.

“Are you feeling any better?” she asked.

“You know I am,” I responded. “I’m still scared out of my mind about what happened and all but I’m trying to put it behind me. If I don’t try to think about it then I don’t really think about it and it helps. I mean the whole time I was blindfolded so I don’t know what they look like all I remember was their voices but I’m kinda glad it happened like that.”

“Well I’m glad your doing better,” she said as we got to the 7th floor. “Ok his room is right down there.”

“Thanks,” I said as she turned around and left and I walked towards the room. “Nick?”

“Taylor,” said a groggy Nick.

“Nick oh my gosh,” I said as I saw him. “I heard what happened. Are you ok?”

“I’m fine now that your safe,” he sat up. “I just broke my leg really and sprained my wrist.”

“Oh my gosh,” I said.

“How are you?” he asked.

“I’m better,” I replied. “They gave me some memory medicine to try and erase the past couple days of my life and I think its kinda helping.”

“Good,” he responded. “So are you out already?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “When do you get out?”

“The doctor said tomorrow,” he answered. “The guys and your family and Melissa and Jake a re in the waiting room.”

“I guess I should go in there,” I said.

“Yeah I guess,” he replied. “I’ll see you in a few.”

“I love you,” I leaned down to kiss him.

“I love you too,” he replied as we kissed. “Now get going.”

“Yes sir,” I laughed. It was really great to see him again and to be trying to get over this whole thing with a smile on my face. All I did was wanna forget and never be alone again.

I walked down to the waiting room and opened the door and peaked my head in, “Hi.”

“Taylor,” screamed Melissa as she jumped out of her seat and into my arms.

“Melissa,” I cried. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“We’ve missed you,” she replied. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said. “I just saw Nick. I think I’m gonna go back with him to California and take care of him. That’s if my boss will let me. I mean so far he’s let us take so many vacations since I’m just working with the guys and all. If they need to I could just do a phone conference with them whenever needed.”

“Or you can stay here and stay with me and Jake,” she responded.

“I don’t wanna put you out with you being pregnant and all,” I said.

“You wouldn’t put us out,” said Jake. “Your like a sister to us. We’ll do anything for you just like you’d do anything for us.”

“Thanks guys,” I started. “But we’ll see what happens.”

“Ok,” she replied. “Now come on lets sit down. Your parents went to go get everyone food. I told them to pick up something for you too.”

“Thanks,” I said as I sat down. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry. I forgot to say hi to you guys. I’m not myself sorry.”

“Its ok,” replied Kevin. “I’m Kevin by the way.”

“Sorry about earlier on the phone,” I apologized.

“Its ok I completely understand,” he said. “This is Howie, Brian, and AJ.”

“I remember AJ,” I said as I hugged him. “Its great to see you again. Sorry its under circumstances like this.”

“Its ok but we’re just so happy your alive a well,” he replied.

“Thanks,” I said. “Nice to meet you guys too.”

“Nice to meet you,” they both said as I hugged them.

“I didn’t get a chance to give you your hug,” I said to Kevin as I hugged him. “Thanks a lot.”

“Your welcome,” he replied.

******

 

“Your gonna be fine here all by yourself,” said Nick as I told him about my idea of going out to California with him.

“But who’s gonna take care of you?” I asked.

“I’ve got the guys out there and I’ve got friends out there too who will help me,” he answered. “I’ll be alright. I can take care of myself you know.”

“I just thought you needed help,” I said.

“No you just don’t wanna be alone that’s just it,” he responded.

“No its not,” I tried to lie.

“You were never a good liar Taylor,” he said. “Just admit your scared to be alone. And remember you’ve got Melissa who said you can live with her. Or how about this you find a new roommate.”

“I don’t know,” I replied.

“Com on who is it gonna hurt to get a new roommate?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered. “Maybe it will be better to get a roommate. I might wanna ask one of the girls down at the label.”

“See there you go there are tons of people who probably need a place closer,” he replied.

“Thanks Nick,” I smiled. “I’ll ask around tomorrow when I finally go back. So when do you leave?”

“The guys gave me a week,” he started. “But they went back today to go see their families.”

“Ok so I have a week to get a new roommate,” I noted. “Let’s get some food now cause I’m hungry.”

“Me too,” he replied as we got off the couch and headed out for a local restaurant.

******

 

“Excuse me I hear your looking for a roommate,” said a young woman.

“Hi yeah I am,” I replied. “Your Nicole from marketing aren’t you?”

“Yeah nice to meet you,” Nicole answered.

“Its great to meet you,” I replied. “I just decided since my boyfriend lives in California and won’t be here to get a roommate. But then if I ever move out they can have the place after that.”

“Well I actually just started looking for a new place since my place now is too far out of the way for me,” she said.

“Well I just gotta a few questions I have to ask you before I can make any decision,” I started. “First, do you have any criminal background?”

“Oh no,” she replied. “I’ve never been in trouble in my whole life. I’ve always been the kind to get picked on cause I was such a good goodie.”

“Great,” I responded. “Second do you like to drink and party and smoke?”

“Never really got into any of that,” she answered. “I’ve never been the big party person and smoking makes me not breath and I don’t wanna not breath.”

I laughed as I started to speak, “I know what you mean. My boyfriend smokes and it’s the worst thing but I make sure he doesn’t smoke in the house. Ok third question, what do you think of dogs?”

“I love them,” she replied. “ I hope you don’t mind but I have a chocolate cocker spaniel.”

“Aww I so don’t mind I actually have one too named Lucy,” I said. “Oh and last question do you have a boyfriend?”

“I do,” she smiled. “We’ve been going out for a couple months so far but nothing too serious.”

“Ok well all I’ve got to say is that you can bring him over and everything just I don’t wanna hear anything,” I told her.

“Oh I don’t do anything like that,” she said quickly. “I believe you should wait for marriage. I’ve been brought up in the church so I have a church I go to ever Sunday here.”

“Oh that sounds great,” I replied. “I never found a church when I moved away from home.”

“You should come one time to check it out,” she said.

“I’d love to,” I responded. “Oh and I’d love to have you move in. You sound really fun and we can carpool to work when we need to. But just to tell you I go on tour this summer.”

“I know all about the tour,” she replied.

“Great,” I said. “You can move in as soon as possible.”

“Great how does Friday sound?” she asked.

“Sounds perfect,” I stated. “Can’t wait. My boyfriend is gonna be here until next week if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all I’d love to meet him,” she replied. “What’s his name?”

“Nick,” I answered.

“Ok,” she responded. “My boyfriend is Andy and he’ll be helping me move so you’ll be able to meet him then.”

“Great can’t wait,” I replied. “See ya Friday.”

“See ya then,” she said as we walked in our different directions.

End Notes:
Hoped you liked it. I'll try my best to update soon.
Chapter 14 -- Rascal Flatts by True_Beauty

“Babe I got someone to share the place with,” I yelled as I ran through the door.

“Aww that’s great,” he replied.

“she’s gonna move in Friday I hope you don’t mind,” I told him.

“Not at all,” he responded.

“Great,” I said. “I told her she could. Her boyfriend is gonna help her move in. So she’ll be here before you have to go back to California.”

“But don’t forget I’m not leaving until you leave for tour,” he replied.

“How could I forget that,” I smiled. “I never forget when my man is leaving town.”

“That’s good,” he replied as he pulled me into a kiss.

******

 

“Ok your room is over here,” I pointed to Melissa’s old room as Nicole moved in. “You can put your stuff out here for right now if you want too.”

“Thanks,” replied Nicole as she put the box in her hand down.

“This is a really nice place you have here,” said Andy as he place a box next to the one Nicole had just put down.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked out the door with them. “I’m glad to get a new roommate with Nick leaving soon.”

“Well I’m glad you allowed me to move in,” Nicole said. “I can’t believe how close I am to work now.”

“Yeah I know its pretty close,” I replied. “How much more stuff do we have to get?”

“Only about seven more boxes,” she answered.

“Sorry Nick’s not working he’s kinda still recuperating from his accident,” I apologized as Nick laid on the couch watching TV.

“Its ok we’ve got a strong man here with us,” she laughed.

“Good,” I laughed along. “Lets get these boxes in.”

******

 

“Oh my gosh dinner was amazing,” stated Nicole. “Thanks for bringing us here.”

“Oh no problem,” I replied. “Its mine and Nick’s favorite pizza joint here in town.”

“I wish they had one out in California so when I’m out there I could take the guys for lunch while we’re recording or something.”

“I wish I could have them with me all the tour this summer,” I laughed. “ You guys ready to go?”

“Sure,” Andy answered. “Its getting late and I’ve got to be at work early tomorrow.”

“Aww really honey?” she asked.

“Yeah sorry,” he answered. “It was great meeting you both though and getting to know you both some. I’ll see you both later hopefully. You ready to go baby?”

“You can go with us if you want,” I offered. “It’ll probably be better since we live there and he’s gotta get up early.”

“You sure?” asked Nicole.

“Yeah,” Nick replied.

“Ok then I’ll see you later honey,” Nicole said as she gave Andy a kiss. “Bye.”

“Bye babe,” he replied. “I’ll see you both later. Bye.”

“Bye,” we both said at the same time.

“Ok so I’m ready to head off and get some shut eye I need to be into work tomorrow for some more meetings,” I said as we got out of the booth that we had been setting at for the past two hours talking.

******

 

Before I knew it time had passed by and it was time for me to leave for tour with Rascal Flatts.

“Ok so you need to be ready to head out for the tour by 9 a.m. at the latest tomorrow,” said my boss as we had a meeting. “We’re gonna meet here and head out on our tour buses from here. We have the buses assigned so I’ll tell you if you’ve got your own or have to share in a second. Another thing, I’ve been asked about pets. I don’t have a problem with them, but clean up after them and don’t make a mess wit them. I don’t want anyone yelling at me for one of your pets.” He paused as he grabbed the clipboard with the info on who was with who on it. “Ok so Jay, Gary, Joe Don, and Taylor ya’ll have your own tour buses.” He went on until everyone was assigned a bus. I was so happy to find out that I had my own bus so that if Nick came like he said he wanted to he could. I had told my boss that I’d like a tour bus for myself just incase he stopped in. No one knew when he would actually do that too cause Nick loved to surprise me. “Ok so I think that’s it for today. Just remember 9 a.m. tomorrow no later. Don’t forget to pack everything you need we’ll be on the road for a few months and then you’ll get a break at the end of June until July 12th when we head out for the rest of the summer tour and into the fall. We’ll end that tour before the holidays start in November. Ok so I think that’s all. If I forgot anything I’ll just tell ya’ll tomorrow. So what time are you to be here by?”

“9 a.m.,” we all replied at once.

“Great,” he replied. “I’ll see you then. Have a great day.”

As soon as he said that I said my goodbyes and headed back home. Today was my last day to be with Nick. He was leaving and I was leaving. He was heading home to California to start working on a new Backstreet Boys album while I was on tour. We promised we’d meet back up at Thanksgiving down at my parents place in Florida. I so couldn’t wait for that time.

I got into my truck and before I knew it I was walking into my apartment.

“Nick?” I yelled as I put my purse and keys down.

“In the kitchen,” he yelled back.

“Hey,” I said as I walked into the kitchen. “So what’d you today?”

“Nothing really just laid around since its my last day with you,” he answered. “What’d you do?”

“Well we just had our last meeting until tomorrow when I have to be there at 9 to take off,” I replied. “I got my own bus.”

“Awesome,” he started. “I’ll so have to take advantage of that this tour.”

“Oh really,” I said as we walked into the living room. “Well I can’t wait to see what you do. Now I’m gonna go get into my pjs and then lounge out on the couch for the night. You wanna hang with me?”

“What else would I do?” he asked.

“True,” I replied as I went to go get changed.

******

 

“I’m gonna miss you,” I cried as I held Nick close. “I’m gonna call you ever day I can. We can e-mail pictures back and forth too.”

“I’ll make sure I plan some time off for us in Florida and I’ll try to see you before then if the guys let me and all,” Nick replied. “I’ll call you as soon as my flight lands in California tonight so you know I’m safe. Oh and be very careful I don’t wanna get anymore bad calls.”

“I‘ll be careful and don‘t forget I got all these guys around me to watch out for me,” I responded. “I’ll be waiting for that call. I’ll have my phone on at anytime so you can get a hold of me. I love you.
“I love you too,” he replied as he let go of me and kneeled down at Lucy. “I’m gonna miss you too Lucy.”

“She’ll miss you,” I cried some more.

“Don’t cry,” he stood back up. “It won’t be that long before we see each other again right?”

“Yeah I guess,” I answered.

“Ok everyone time for one big prayer before we hit the road,” yelled my boss as we all came together to pray. “Dear God please bless all these people around me here today with the strength and power to get through these next few months. Pray that they stay safe and out of harms way. I also pray that they have a safe trip to each stop and a wonderful time during each show. Please watch after each and every single one of them and guide them through this tour. In Jesus’ precious name we pray, Amen.”

“Amen,” we all replied at once as we lifted our heads and said one last goodbye to our loved ones who were with us to say goodbye.

“I love you and don’t forget it,” Nick said as he walked me to my bus with Lucy.

“I love you too,” I replied. “And I’ll never forget you.”

“Good,” he smiled. “Now I’ll see you in a few weeks. It will go by so quickly you won’t even know what happened.”

“I hope so,” I smiled back. “Well you gotta go get ready for your plane and I gotta head out so I’ll call you later.”

“Ok,” he replied. “I’ll call you when I land. I love you.”

“I love you,” I kissed him and then he left. He left me and Lucy all alone on the bus heading for Wisconsin. I couldn’t wait for the break so I could surprise him and see him in California with the guys.

******

 

“Its ok I mean so far I’ve just been on the bus traveling and watching some TV,” I said as I talked on the phone with Melissa.

“Well at least your getting to see the country if you want and you’ve got anything you need probably,” Melissa replied.

“Not everything,” I said. “I wish I had some more magazines cause I know I’ll read all these by the end of today. I’ve got like five.”

“Soon you’ll be having to get into those teen magazines to keep you company,” she joked.

“I know,” I laughed. “Hey I gotta go the bus just stopped and I think we’re heading for food cause I see a burger king outside the door.”

“Ok girly I’ll talk to you later,” she responded. “Be safe.”

“I will,” I replied. “Say hi to Jake for me.”

“Ok I will,” she said.

“Ok talk to you later,” I responded. “Bye.”

“Ok bye,” she replied as I pressed the end button and walked towards the door. “We stopping for food?”

“Yeah,” the driver answered as he opened the door.

“Thanks I’m starving,” I said as I walked out the door and over to the guys who were waiting for me. “Hey.”

“Hey,” replied Gary. “Hope your hungry.”

“I am,” I responded as we walked inside and got lunch.

We had lunch inside and talked about anything and everything. We had a great time laughing and making jokes about each other. As soon as we were done we head back to our buses but instead of Gary, Jay, and Joe Don getting on their own buses with their girlfriend and wives they got on my bus with me since I had the cleanest bus so far. We didn’t wanna be bored so we decided we’d hang out and have fun until we got tired.

“So what do you wanna do?” I asked as we sat in the front area of the tour bus where the couches were.

“How about we just have fun and chill,” Gary’s wife, Tara, recommended.

“Sounds good to me,” replied Jay’s wife Allison. “So how’s life?”

“Its good,” I answered. “I wish Nick was here though. I kinda feel left out with all you having someone with you.”

“Hey don’t feel left out at one point or another their not gonna be here on the tour,” said Gary.

“true but still they can be here with you more then Nick can,” I replied.

“Not Tiffany,” Joe Don spoke up. “She’s actually having to leave in a few days to go do a shoot out in LA.”

“How about we do something fun while we’re all here,” said Jay. “Lets play a game or something. Change the mood around.”

“Good idea,” responded Gary. “Got any good games Taylor?”

“I’ve got catchphrase,” I answered.

“I love that game,” smiled Tiffany. “How about girls vs. guys? Theirs gonna always be one extra on a team.”

“Deal,” said the guys. “But we’re gonna win.”

“We’ll see about that,” I laughed as I got up to get the game. “Ok here it is. The guys can start since they have less people.”

“Ok,” replied Tiffany.

“Here we go start the buzzer,” said Jay as he started the game. “Not big but what? Another word for little.”

“Small,” yelled Gary as they passed the game piece.

“Umm ok,” I started as I looked down at my word. “Uh ok dogs have them. So do cats. They walk on them.”

“Feet,” yelled out Allison.

“No,” I answered. “What else is it called?”

“Paw?” replied Tara.

“Yeah,” I answered as I passed the game piece.

We played on and on for hours until we finally decided to take a break and get some dinner and go back to each of our own buses.

As I got onto my bus I heard my phone ringing in my room.

“Hello,” I said as I breathed.

“You ok?” the man on the other line asked.

“Yeah I just was running to get the phone I’m out of breath that’s all,” I answered. “So how are you?”

“I’m good,” answered Nick. “I just got home and decided I’d call.”

“Well I’m glad you did,” I replied. “What took you so long to get home?”

“I stopped off for dinner and my flight was delayed by a few hours so I was at the airport longer than I wanted to be,” he responded.

“I hate when that happens,” I said. “I’m glad your home safe though.”

“Me too,” he replied. “So how’s tour life for you?”

“I love it so far,” I started. “I had the guys and their better halves over for some games before dinner.”

“Sounds like fun,” he replied.

“It was,” I laughed. “I think Lucy misses you.”

“Well I miss you both,” he said.

“I miss you too,” I replied. “I felt so out of place today since they all had someone with them and I didn’t.”

“Hey I feel left out, out here since everyone has someone with them and I don’t have anyone with me since your gone on tour,” he noted. “I’ll be out with you before you know it. And then you’ll be here before you know it.”

“Yeah I know,” I replied. “So what should I watch tonight? I’m kinda in the mood for a movie.”

“Goonies,” he suggested.

“Don’t have that one on me sorry,” I replied.

“Darn,” he joked. “I don’t know then. Just pick any girly one you have. How about Runaway Bride.”

“I do have that one,” I responded. “That doesn’t sound bad. Thanks I’ll put that one in.”

“Ok,” he replied.

“Well I don’t wanna hang up but I’m getting tired so I’m gonna put in the movie and go to bed,” I yawned.

“You sound tired,” he replied. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow some time during my break.”

“Ok,” I yawned again. “I’ll talk to you then. Love you.”

“Love you too,” he said as he hung up the phone.

As soon as I put my phone down I threw in Runaway Bride and got on my pjs.

******

 

“Knock knock,” said Tara as she walked onto my bus. “Hey sorry if I woke you up.”

“Oh its ok,” I told her. “I need to get up anyways. So what’s up?”

“We’re here,” she answered. “We’re just about to go see what the venue looks like and then get ready for the sound check.”

“Great,” I replied. “I’m gonna take a shower and get dressed and then I’ll be out.”

“Ok take your time,” she said. “We’ll be just laying around since the guys are playing around right now.”

“Ok,” I responded as she started off my bus.

As I made it towards the back of my bus and no one was on it I turned to my portable CD player and put in one of my many CD’s and turned it up as loud as it could go. I then turned on the water and grabbed some clothes out of my room to change into. As I jumped into the shower I started to sing along to the music as it played.

“I look and stare so deep in your eyes
I touch on you more and more every time
When you leave I’m beggin you not to go
Call your name two, three times in a row
Such a funny thing for me to try to explain
How I’m feeling and my pride is the one to blame
Yeah, cause I know I don't understand
Just how your love can do what no on else can

Got me lookin so crazy right now
Your love's got me lookin so crazy right now
Got me lookin so crazy right now your touch's
Got me lookin so crazy right now
Got me hoping you page me right now your kiss's
Got me hoping you save me right now
Lookin so crazy your love's got me lookin
Got me lookin so crazy your love”
By the end my shower I was done with that CD and onto the next.

“It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Well, you take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and I understand

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe that we can make it through anything

Oh baby, it's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Oh, oh baby you're my better half
Ooh, hey baby you're my better half”

“Lets see where everyone is now,” I talked to myself as I got off my bus. I walked off the bus and over to where the venue was. As I walked inside I could hear the noise of people talking.

“Finally your up,” joke Jay as I walked into the dressing room.

“Sorry I had to take a shower and I just didn’t want to get out,” I replied.

“Its ok,” he responded. “At least your clean.”

“Thanks,” I laughed. “So you ready for the fans to come in for the sound check?”

“Yeah,” answered Gary.

“They should be coming in about an hour so let me go check the stage and see how everything’s going,” I stated. “Ya’ll just hang tight and I’ll be back.”

“Ok,” they all said together as I turned around and walked out the room to the stage.

******

 

“Ok ya’ll ready?” I asked the crowd as I was about to introduce Rascal Flatts. “Ok here they are, Jay, Gary, and Joe Don also known as Rascal Flatts.”

The crowd screamed as I left the stage and the guys came walking on.

I stood off to the side and watch the sound check as it went on and on. They were just so good I couldn’t stop watching them. Just as they were about to end my phone started to ring.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey baby,” I heard Nick say over the phone.

“Hey you,” I said as I walked away from the noise as good as I could.

“So how’s things going?” he asked.

“Good the sound check is just going on right now,” I answered.

“Cool,” he replied.

“How are you?” I asked.

“Good,” he started. “We just finished a few songs. The album is suppose to be done by Summer of next year.”

“Great,” I replied. “I so can’t wait to hear it. I bet I’ll love it.”

“I’ll send you a finished song when I get the chance,” he told me.

“Great,” I replied. “Hey I don’t mean to cut you short but I’ve gotta go do something on stage since the sound check is ending. I love you.”

“Love you too,” he said as we both hung up the phone.

I walked back onto the stage and took one of the extra microphones.

“Well that’s all for today,” I started. “They’ll come down and take some pictures and sign some autographs then they’ve gotta go. Thanks for coming and we’ll see you tonight for the concert.”

The boys said their thanks and jumped down to the floor and walked over to the fans to start taking pictures and giving autographs.

As I walked off to the side of the stage her phone rang again. This time it was Melissa calling.

“Hello,” I answered my phone.

“Oh my gosh Taylor I don’t know to do,” panicked Jake on the other end of the phone.

“Calm down Jake what’s the matter?” I asked kinda scared that something bad had happened.

“Melissa she fell down the stairs this afternoon while doing laundry,” he started. “I was at work and she called me. I don’t know what to do. What if something happened to the baby.”

“Jake its gonna be ok,” I told him. “You know Melissa she is probably more scared then you. She’s going through a tougher time. Just calm down and be there for her. If something happens then do what’s only right in your opinion and if everything is fine then great.”

“Thanks Taylor,” he replied.

“Call me if you know anything,” I said.

“I will as soon as they get her out of all the testing,” he responded. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I replied as I hung up my phone. “I hope she’s ok.” I walked to get some water and I silently prayed to God that everything would be fine and the baby would be healthy.

End Notes:

First song is "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce ft. Jay-Z.

Second song is "You’re My Better Half" by Keith Urban.

I'd love to know what you think about my story. Please leave a comment I'd like to know what you think might happen. Thanks.

Chapter 15 -- Life Is A Highway by True_Beauty

“Nick they lost the baby,” I said sadly as I talked to Nick over the phone.

“Oh my gosh that’s so terrible,” he replied. “How are they doing?”

“Melissa is taking it hard,” I answered. “Jake is just trying to comfort her at the moment.”

“How’d she lose it?” he asked.

“She fell down the stairs the other day while Jake was at work,” I responded.

“Oh my gosh,” he replied. “I so hope she’s ok. She would have made a great mom.”

“Yeah I know,” I said. “I wish I could be there but I can’t. I can’t take anytime off from this tour. I just hope everything goes ok for them.”

“Yeah I know,” he responded. “She’ll be ok. She’s a tough women.”

“I hope so,” I replied. “Well I just thought I’d call and tell you the bad news.”

“Thanks,” he said.

“Well I gotta get going I have to get ready for the show it starts soon,” I told him. We were on our third show that night.

“Ok I’ll talk to you later then,” he responded. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I said back as I hung up the phone and threw my hair up in a ponytail. As soon as I slipped on my flip flops I got off my bus and ran into the venue. The opening act had ended about 5 minutes ago and they were putting last minute touches to the stage up.

“You ready?” I asked as I walked into the dressing room.

“Yeah its gonna be fun,” answered Jay. “So how was your friend Melissa?”

“Not so well she lost the baby,” I answered sadly.

“Oh my gosh,” gasped Tara. “That’s so sad. I hope she’s gonna be ok.”

“Yeah me too,” I started. “Jake’s comforting her the best he can right now. But lets not think about that lets think about the fun night we have ahead of us tonight.”

“Yeah,” They agreed as they got up to form a prayer circle.

After we prayed the guys went to get their microphones and hear buds for the show.

“Are you ready for the best selling country group Rascal Flatts?” the announcer asked as the lights went out.

The crowd screamed in reply as Jay, Gary, and Joe Don walked onto stage.

“Hello Columbia.,” yelled Gary as the music started to play.

“I, I've always been a little shy
I’ve always been the quiet type till now
And I, I, I, I never let my feelings show
I never let anybody know
Just how much I was so deep in love
But now that you’re in my arms

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud,” I started to sing along as the show began.

You keep bringing out the free in me
What you do to my heart just makes me melt
And I, I, I, I don’t think I can resist
But I’ve never been one to kiss and tell
Our love is true can’t be subdued
So I’m gonna let out a yell

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud

Baby, I want the whole world to see
Just how good your love looks on me

I’m gonna stand on a rooftop, climb up a mountaintop
Baby, scream and shout
I wanna sing it on the radio, show it on a video
Baby, leave no doubt
I want the whole world to know just what I’m all about
I love to love you out loud

Baby, I love to love you out loud
Yeah, I love to love you out loud.”

******

 

“Awesome concert guys,” I said as we walked out towards the buses. “So we’re gonna head straight to the next city tonight and then after that concert we have a day off while we drive to the next city and then we can go from there later.”

“Great thanks,” said Joe Don. “Anything good new on TV tonight?

“Cops,” Jay answered as we got closer to the buses. “What its after 11 so its not on.”

“Something’s gotta be on if not theirs always movies,” said Gary.

“Good idea,” Joe Don replied. “Well I’ll see you all tomorrow. Night.”

“Night,” I said as I got onto my bus and shut my door. I walked back to my bedroom and changed into my pjs and jumped into bed. I turned on the TV to Nick At Nite and laid there watching whatever they had on as I feel asleep.

******

 

“What time is it?” I asked myself as I woke up and looked at the clock. “Man its only 9:30. I wish I could sleep in.” I got out of bed and into the shower for about ten minutes and then I was out. When I was finally ready I went and got food from my kitchen on the bus. “Lets see cereal looks good. Frosted flakes it is.” I grabbed a bowl and then a spoon so I could pour me a bowl of cereal and milk.

About fifteen minutes later I was finished with my breakfast so I decided to go see where we were and what the guys were doing this morning. Like always they were playing basketball together at the court that the venue had for the different artist that performed there.

“Foul,” yelled Jay as he was pushed. Gary passed the ball as Jay walked to the foul line.

“one on one on one?” I asked as they were getting into foul shot position.

“Yep,” answered Jay. “Ok now be quite cause its my shot.”

I chuckled as he said that and shot the ball.

“Come on come on,” whispered Jay.

“Good shot,” I said as it made it in.

“Just luck,” joked Gary as they went back to playing.

“Once you guys are done here you need to get ready for the sound check at noon,” I told them as they played. “Its already like ten so hurry up.”

“Ok,” said Joe Don as he made a shot.

“I see you in a few,” I said as I walked off to go check on things inside.

******

 

“Make sure the microphones are working and have their chairs out there,” I said as I got the last minute touches done as it was 11:30 and people were starting to arrive for the sound check. I pulled out my phone to call Gary as I walked around the stage to double check everything. “Gary hey are you ready? Great people are starting to arrive. I’ll be back there in a few once I’m done here to get you guys for the sound check. Ok I’ll be there soon bye.” Just as I hung up my phone rang. “Hello.”

“Hey,” said my mom.

“Mom oh my gosh how long has it been since I talked to you,” I replied.

“I know its been forever,” she stated. “I miss talking to you.”

“Me too,” I replied. “So what’s up?”

“I just called to tell you that your father and I got this weekend off and were wondering if you wanted us to come join you for a show or two,” she said.

“I’d love that,” I responded. “Hey did Melissa’s parents tell you?”

“About the baby?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“I heard that’s just sad,” she replied. “No one deserves to go through that. She’s gonna be ok. Trust me, I’ve been there and it was a horrible time. But then a year later you were born.”

“Well Jake says he’s there with her and he took off some time from work to help her,” I told my mom. “Hey mom I’d love to keep talking but I’ve got to get the guys on stage for the sound check. I’ll talk to you later about details for the trip. Love you.”

“Love you too sweetie,” she said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I replied as I hung up the phone and walked towards the dressing room. “Ok guys time for the sound check.”

“Ok we’re coming,” said Jay.

******

 

A few days later I was on my way out to pick up my parents at the airport. They were coming in early in the day so they could come to the sound check and then the concert tonight and tomorrow then fly out on the third day.

“Gate B?” I asked my mom as I got close to the airport.

“Yeah we’ll be waiting there when you get here,” my mom answered.

“Ok look forward to seeing you both,” I told her.

“Us too,” she replied. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I said as I hung up the phone and the limo came to a stop. I got out and thanked the driver as I ran inside. “Where is gate b?”

“Go to the left then when you get to the end there go to the right and you’ll see signs there for gate b,” a airport staff member answered.

“Thanks,” I replied as I walked towards the gate.

“Taylor,” I heard my dad yell as he saw me walk towards him.

“Daddy,” I ran towards them. As I got to them I gave them each a big hug.

“I’ve missed you,” my mom said as she kissed my cheek.

“I’ve missed ya’ll too,” I replied. “Lets get going so we can get back in enough time for an early lunch before the sound check.”

“Ok,” my dad said as we made our way towards the limo.

“So how’s everything in Florida?” I asked.

“Its great,” my mom answered. “Jason the boy that used to live down the street from us got married about a year or so ago and moved into Nick’s old place. They just had their first baby.”

“Aww,” I replied. “A little boy or girl?”

“Little boy,” my dad answered. “They named him Kevin after his dad.”

“That’s cute,” I stated. “I miss seeing Jason. I should stop by there some time.”

“He’d probably love seeing an old friend,” my mom said as we got to the limo.

“I’ll try to see him when we’re in Tampa if we end up there this tour,” I told them.

“So how’s everything on tour?” my dad asked.

“Great so far,” I answered. “Melissa and Jake were suppose to come out on the tour with me for a few days next month but that’s been canceled due to their status. Then Nick is in California recording with the guys.”

“Well at least we could make it out here for you,” my mom replied. “So anything we should be aware of on this tour?”

“Um lets see,” I started. “Jay and Gary have their wives with them and Joe Don ever now and then has his girlfriend out on the road. Lets see I don’t think there’s anything else you need to know. Oh its gonna be loud.”

“All concerts are like that,” laughed my dad.

“True,” I smiled.

“So how’s work going?” asked my mom.

“Great,” I answered. “it’s a lot of fun. I do a lot of stuff but I get to travel around for free.”

“Sounds like you love this job,” my dad said.

“I do,” I replied.

“Would you ever see yourself quitting this job?” asked my mom.

“Maybe if it some how interfered with my life later on,” I answered. “Say if I ended up marrying Nick or someone like him I would want to not be away from him while he’s home or he’s away while I’m home or both of us gone at the same time. I’d want us to both be together so maybe I’d give up my career for him.”

“Well at least you know if you had to give up your career you would have money to live on,” my dad said.

“I don’t really care about the money dad,” I told him. “I have my own and if I needed money I could always go back to managing again.

“True,” my dad replied.

“Well here we are,” I said as the limo stopped at the venue. “You both a re gonna have a great time tonight and tomorrow. Oh and we’ve got it planned to go out between the sound check and the show for an early dinner.”

“Great can’t wait,” said my mom as we got out of the limo.

******

 

“That was some great food,” I said as we were driving towards the venue after our early dinner.

“It was,” Joe Don agreed. “So how are you both enjoying it here?”

“Its great,” my mom answered. “I can’t wait for the show. If it was anything like the sound check its gonna be great tonight.”

“Well thanks Mrs. Adams,” said Gary.

“Well Mom we’ve all got to start getting ready for the show so you and dad can do whatever you want before the show starts if you want,” I told them as I got out of the limo. “I’ll call you when I’m done and can come find you both.”

“Ok we’ll see you all later then,” my dad said as I left for the venue.

******

 

“I love him but right now its not the time to be thinking about that,” I started as I was on the road with my parents the last night they were with me on tour. My parents last show had just ended and they were leaving the next morning. My mom at the moment was asking me if I’d ever marry Nick and how serious our relationship was at the moment. “We’ve been together over a year I know but still we’re both fully into our careers at the moment and that’s what we want at the moment. We’ll decided what to do later on if it comes up.”

“I was just wondering because everyone else is getting married,” my mom said. “Jason got married after a year with his wife and they have a baby now. Melissa got married and look at her.”

“Yeah she just lost a baby,” I responded. “I know what your trying to say but I’ll get married when I do Mom. Look I want you and Dad to be there for me when I get married so don’t worry I’ll do it before anything happens. Even if I’m with someone else I’ll marry the guy I’m with if any of you are on the verge of death I promise.”

“Real funny Taylor,” my mom replied. “I’m serious I want you to marry the right man. It just seems that your getting serious here and I wanted to know if anything was gonna happen with you two.”

“Mom if there was you’d be one of the first to know,” I replied. “Now I’m gonna go to my bunk. Night Mom love you.”

“Love you too,” she responded as I got into my bunk since my mom and dad were sleeping in my bed.

I crawled into the bunk and grabbed my laptop and opened it. I turned it on and went straight to my e-mail.

“Hey its me just writing to say hi and I miss you. I really do,” I started to write an e-mail. “So my parents are still with me on tour until tomorrow when they go back to Tampa. My mom was asking about you and us. She wants me to get married soon. I told her that I’d get married when I was ready and that if she or my dad got sick and were about to die I’d marry whoever I was with right then no matter what just for them. Of course you know my mom she was all I want you to know him and him to be good for you. She’s all talking about that because Jason from Young just moved into your old place and got married and they have a new baby boy named Kevin. I think with him just getting married and having a baby and Melissa and Jake getting married and losing a baby it makes my mom want me to be married so she can have a grandbaby since I’m the oldest child. Hey I got a call from Jake and he said that Melissa’s doing a lot better now. They said they wanna keep trying for another baby soon. Jake said they were gonna start trying in like August to give Melissa time to heal. Man I miss you so much. I can’t think of anything else right now. I so can’t wait till we’re in California for a show so I can stop in and see you. It seems like forever since I saw you last and it really wasn’t that long ago. What like a month ago was when I last saw you. Well I’m gonna try and get some sleep for now cause I gotta be up early to take my parents to the airport. Love ya. Miss ya.”

******

 

“Bye Mom,” I hugged her goodbye as I was dropping them off at the airport. “I’m gonna miss having you both here. Bye Dad.”

“Bye baby,” said my dad as he hugged me.

“Well call you when we get to Tampa to tell you we’re safe,” said my mom. “I love you.”

“I love too Mom,” I hugged her again. “Love you too Dad.”

“Bye,” they both said at once.

“Bye,” I said as they walked towards the airport entrance.

I got onto my tour bus and took off for the next stop on the tour.

Chapter 16 -- Surprise!!!! by True_Beauty

“I miss you too,” I read as I finished reading Nick’s e-mail back to me. He had told me told me that he couldn’t wait to see me when I got to California and that the other guys were looking forward to seeing me again. As the bus came to a stop I logged off thinking I’d e-mail him later in the week when I got another chance. I was finally back home in Nashville for a couple of days during the tour.

"Finally we stop at home," I thought to myself as I got off the bus with Lucy and got into my truck to drive home for the night. I had told the guys earlier in the day that I was just gonna get dropped off at my truck and head home since it was gonna be late when we got in anyways. I told them I'd meet up the next day at the venue. "Lucy lets get in and try not to wake Nicole. Its late and she's probably fast asleep which I wish I could be."

We walked into the apartment into total darkness. I shut the door behind us and locked the door. I placed my overnight bag onto the couch and went to get ready for bed.

As soon as I was ready I got into bed with Lucy next to me and turned on the TV to whatever was good that was on. I ended up falling asleep a few minutes after I turned on the TV.

The next morning I woke up a loud sound, it sounded like someone just had broken a glass or something. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see Nicole cleaning up the glass she had just dropped.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh you scared me," jumped Nicole.

"Sorry," I said as Nicole stood up with the broken pieces in here hand. She looked different from the last time I had seen her. She was bigger then I had remembered.

"Its ok I went to grab a plate and I hit the glass off the counter," she replied. "Sorry."

"Its ok," I started. "I don't mean to be rude but have you gain wait lately?"

"Oh my gosh it completely slipped my mind those times we talked on the phone these last few months you've been gone," she started to answer. "Me and Andy got engaged a month ago and I found out we're gonna have a baby."

"Man everyone's having babies right now," I laughed. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," she replied. "We don't know what we're gonna do right now. I mean we both have apartments and his is smaller then this one. I didn't want to invade you by moving him in here and then with a baby on the way it will be way to much. I was thinking," she paused. "I was thinking I move out before long."

"You wouldn't be invading me," I said being nice. "A baby would be great if you want to just have him move in here. I mean like I've been here much lately anyways."

"I don't know its probably gonna be a lot for us," she said. "We were looking at places outside of town and found a couple cute places we like."

"Aww well I hope you get a great place," I replied. "I'm gonna go take a shower and get a few things done before I have to go down to the venue tonight. You and Andy still coming?"

"We wouldn't miss it," she answered. "Thanks for the tickets."

"No sweat," I replied as I turned around and headed towards the shower. I grabbed my cell phone off my night stand and placed it on the bathroom sink counter while I turned on the shower. I turned on the phone to see if I missed any calls and sure enough I missed a few from Nick and one from Jake and Melissa. I placed down my phone thinking I'd call them later and undressed and hopped in the shower.

"Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
She's all I want and I've waited for so long
Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom
Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
Stacy's mom has got it goin' on” I sang as I shampooed my hair. I quickly forgot the rest of the song and started another one.

After I finished my shower I got dressed and went to my bedroom to make some phone calls. First call was to Melissa and Jake.

“Hello,” said Melissa as she answered the phone.

“Hey,” I replied. “You ready for tonight?”

“Oh yeah,” she said. “You’ve got me three tickets right?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “Who’s the third person.”

“No one you know,” she lied. “You’ll meet them later.”

“Ok,” I said. “Hey well I was just calling to see if you where coming and tell you I’ll meet you at the venue at 6.”

“Ok,” she said.

“I have a few more things to do so I’ll see you then,” I told her as we said our goodbyes and hung up. “Next to call is Nick.”

As I dialed his number it just kept ringing until finally his answering machine picked up, “Hi this is Nick sorry I couldn’t get to the phone right now, but apparently I’m busy so just leave a message and I’ll try and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.”

“Hey babe just calling to return your calls,” I started recording my message. “Sorry I missed you last night I was either asleep or didn’t have my phone near me when you called sorry. I also wanted to tell you I miss you still and wish I could be with you. I love you. I’ll see you in a few weeks cause our last stop is California. Anyways I’ll talk to you later, oh and there’s a show tonight so if I don’t answer the phone between 6 and 11 you’ll know why. Love ya bye.” I hung up the phone and called the guys to make sure everything was fine and got ready to head back to my tour bus.

I grabbed my purse as I was finished getting dressed.

“Come on Lucy we gotta get to the venue and get some food,” I said as we walked out of my bedroom. “Hey Nicole. Sorry I’m not sticking around longer I gotta be there at the venue and all. I’ll see you at 6 right?”

“Oh yeah me and Andy wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Nicole answered.

“Great,” I replied. “See you then.”

“See you then,” she said as I opened the door and walked out with Lucy.

******

 

“Ok so everything’s set?” I asked double checking the stage for the show that was gonna start in a couple of hours.

“Yes,” said the stage manager as he placed the microphones in the stands.

“Great,” I replied. “Ok well I’ve got some friends coming for the show so I’m gonna go meet up with them real quick just keep up the great job.”

“Ok,” he responded as I headed for the front of the venue to meet up with Nicole, Andy, Jake, Melissa, and their friend.

As I went backstage I stopped by the guys dressing room to make sure they were doing ok and continued towards the front.

I saw a group of friend as I walked out the venue doors standing in the sun trying to stay warm in the winter cold.

“Hey ya’ll,” I said as I got close to them.

“Taylor,” smiled Melissa. It had been forever since I had seen her and Jake. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too,” I noted. “You look great.”

“Thanks,” she replied. “So do you.”

“Thanks,” I said. “So I only see four where’s the fifth person?”

“I was just about to call and see where he was,” said Jake as he pulled out his cell phone.

“So what’s his name?” I asked.

“We’ll introduce you when he gets here,” answered Melissa.

“He said he’s on his way right now,” said Jake.

“Ok well I hope he hurries cause I’m freezing out here,” I shivered.

“Oh here he comes,” said Jake looking behind me.

I turned around and saw Nick walking towards me and I started to lose it. I took off running and at the same time I was crying. All the emotions from missing him where showing.

“Nick,” I breathed. I ran into his arms and kissed him passionately. “What are you doing here?”

“Surprise!” Nick smirked.

“Melissa and Jake?” I asked.

“Yeah and Nicole,” he answered. “They wanted me to surprise you for this concert since we haven’t seen each other since you left for the tour and I left for California. Now lets get inside its cold and mostly not good for the pregnant women.”

“How’d you know Nicole was pregnant?” I asked. “And its woman babe since she’s the only one pregnant around here.

“She told me when I talked to her earlier this year about the surprise,” he answered.

“And its women,” interrupted Melissa. “I’m pregnant.”

“What!?” I asked.

“We just found out a few weeks ago and wanted to tell you when we saw you,” said Jake.

“Oh my gosh,” I smiled. “Congratulations. I hope you have a healthy baby next year. You’ll have to bring the baby to a show too.”

“Oh we totally will,” Melissa started. “And Nick we’re coming to one of yours too.”

“Hey I’d love that,” Nick replied. “Nicole you and Andy are invited too.”

“Thanks,” Nicole spoke up. “We’d love it.”

“Hey well lets get inside I’m freezing,” I said as I turned towards the door and started walking with Nick hand-in-hand.

******

 

“I’d like to dedicate this next song to a special lady in our lives that does so much for us here on tour,” Gary started. “She knows who she is and here’s the song.”

The music started playing as Gary started to sing,

“I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you”

“Nick this is our song just listen,” I told him as he held me tight and we swayed to the music.

“Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.”

“That is so our song,” I said as it ended.

“Yeah it is,” Nick replied. “I wish we could stay here with each other forever.”

“Me too,” I said .” I love you.”

“I love you too,” he turned around and kissed me passionately.

******

 

“Thanks so much for tonight,” thanked Nicole as they were about to leave after talking with Gary, Jay, and Joe Don after the concert for a few.

“It was great to have come of Taylor’s friends out at a show I wish you could all come to more of the shows,” replied Jay.

“We wish we could too but I gotta watch this pregnancy closer then the last one,” Melissa sadly said.

“Your gonna have the cutest kid ever,” I assured her as I put my arm around here. “Now come on they’ve got one last night at home and probably wanna get there and I know I do. I’ll see you all tomorrow at noon to take off ok.”

“Great,” Gary said. “We’ll meet you at noon.”

“See you then,” I said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” they all said at once as we left.

I got into my truck with Lucy and Nick and started off towards home.

“So you leave at noon?” Nick asked breaking the silence.

“Yeah,” I sadly replied. “When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow at 1,” he answered.

“So we can go to an early lunch and then I’ll drop you off at the airport then head for the buses,” I said.

“I guess so,” he replied. “When do you get out to California?”

“Its our last stop and I can stay out there if I feel like it our I can come back to Nashville whatever I feel like,” I started to answer. “We’re gonna be out there right before New Years.”

“Well I’d love to be with you then,” he said.

“I’d love that too,” I replied. “How about we make that a date?”

“Deal,” he smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you,” I replied as I stopped at a red light and leaned over and kissed him.

Chapter 17 -- California by True_Beauty
Author's Notes:

Sorry it took so long I've been so busy with school lately. I'm trying to finish this story so I can start Stealing Cinderella which I hope is just as good as this one or even better. Thanks for those of you who still read it even thought I've been very busy.

“Oh my gosh you’re just now seeing that movie?” I asked as I talked to Melissa over the phone. “I love that movie its one of my all time favorite. Have you seen the sequel to it? Its ten times better then the first one I think.” Melissa just saw ‘Father of the Bride’ for the first time. I had seen it a million times and loved it so much. “Your gonna have to watch it cause its great. You’ll love it if you loved the first one.” Just then my phone started to beep as I talked. I looked down at my phone and saw that someone was calling in. “Hey Melissa can you hold on a second I’ve got a call on the other line? Thanks. Hey babe.”

“Hey you,” replied Nick. “How are you?”

“Great you?” I asked.

“Great,” he answered. “How’s touring going?”

“Its going great we’ve almost at the venue,” I answered.

“I can’t wait,” he smiled.

“Me either,” I said. “Hey can I call you back Melissa’s on the other line and I wanna let her go so she can get some work on the baby’s room done?”

“Yeah sure,” he answered.

“Thanks,” I replied. “Love you.”

“Love you,” he said right before he hung up.

“You still there?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Sorry Nick was calling in,” I told her.

“Its ok,” she started. “How is he?”

“He’s great,” I answered. “I’m actually going to see him in a few hours.”

“Well when you see him tell him Jake and I said hi,” she told me. “Hey I gotta go Nicole and Andy are coming over for lunch and then we’re gonna hit the mall for a few and maybe to dinner. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok,” I replied. “Tell Nicole and Andy and Jake I said hi.”

“I’ll do,” she said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I responded than closed my cell phone.

“Lets see what I’ve got to watch,” I said to myself as I looked at a stack of DVD’s of mine. “Great Ocean’s Twelve sweet. I so wanna see this again.” I got up from my bed and put it into the DVD player and turned on the TV. I started watching the movie until I soon fell asleep midway through and woke up just as it ended.

******

 

“Five till you go on,” I told the guys as I walked into their dressing room. We had gotten to California and we were just so busy with interviews and sound check and then the show which was just about to start. I planned to meet Nick later once the last show was over. “You guys ready for the last show?”

“Yep,” replied Gary.

“You know as much as I love this I’m gonna love being in my own bed too,” said Jay.

“I know me too,” agreed Joe Don. “You glad it’s the last show?”

“Kinda since I’ve got time off now for a few weeks before we have to be back at the record company,” I answered. “Well I’m gonna let you guys get ready and I’m gonna go tell the band to get ready too.”

“Ok,” they replied as I walked out the room towards the band’s room.

“Hey,” I knocked on the door.

“Hey,” they replied.

“Just stopped in to tell ya’ll we’ve got 3 minutes till show so get ready,” I said. “I’ll see ya’ll in a few.” I then walked out the room as the rode crew was finishing the last touches to the set. “Lookin’ great guys.”

“Thanks,” a few of them replied as I kept walking back to the guys dressing room.

“Ok guys lets get out towards the stage its about that time now,” I said as I walked in.

We all walked out as they each finished doing their before the show things and then we all gathered around for our usual prayer for a great concert and to protect everyone. Once that was finished I watched as the lights turned off and the guys went to their spots under the stage to wait and be lifted onto the stage.

******

 

“Great concert guys,” I told them as they walked off the stage and towards their dressing room. “Ok so ya’ll are headed back tonight on the buses and then from there you’ll go your own way and we’ll meet at the office two weeks later on the 17th of this month.”

“Ok see you then,” said Gary as I say bye and headed off towards my tour bus for one last night on it before I went to go see Nick.

******

 

“Hey baby,” I smiled as I kissed Nick hello. “So got any plans for today?”

“Well I gotta go into the studio for a couple,” Nick started to answer. “You can either go or stay here or go shopping or something.”

“I’d kinda like to go with you if that’s ok,” I replied.

“That’s fine,” he said. “I just have to get my shoes on and we can go.”

“Ok,” I kissed him as he ran up to his room to get his shoes.

After about ten minutes we were in the car driving towards the studio.

“The guys are gonna be there I hope you don’t mind,” he told me.

“Its ok,” I assured him. “I haven’t seen them in awhile it’ll be fun.”

“So how was the tour?” he asked.

“Great,” I answered. “There was some boring things while traveling and having nothing to do but most of the part it was fun. I so would do it again just not by myself. I’m glad I have Lucy with me.”

“I know what you mean I hate being on tour by myself sometimes,” he replied. “Well here we are.” He pulled the car into the parking garage next to the recording studio.

“Great I’m kinda tired of being on the road at the moment,” I smiled as I got out of the car and grabbed my purse.

“I bet you are,” he replied. “Lets get in so we can get this over with.”

“Great,” I said as I walked in the building with Nick right behind me.

“Elevator is this way,” he pointed to the left as we turned the corner. “We’re on the fifth floor.”

As we got to the fifth level we walked out and turned into the first door we came to. Inside was a receptions desk and then there was another door and as we walked through there you could see three more doors that lead to different places. One was an office and the other two were recording studios.

We walked into the second door and into a big studio room. As we walked through the door you could see Howie sitting down in a rolling chair listening to the music playing over the speakers.

“Hey,” said Nick.

“Hey,” replied Howie. “Taylor hey how are you? Long time no see.”

“Hey I’m good,” I started. “Just got off tour. Its great to be here. How are you?”

“I’m good,” he answered. “Nick was telling us about the tour sounds like you had fun.”

“Oh I did,” I said. “I loved seeing the U.S. like that. I would love to do it again just not right now. I’m so worn out. I didn‘t think this job was gonna be this hard. I guess I was wrong.”

“Hey no one can tell you what to really expect until you go out there and see if first hand sometimes,” Howie said as the door opened and AJ, Brian, and Kevin walked in.

“Hey guys,” said Nick as they all said hi.

“Taylor what are you doing here?” asked AJ.

“I just got in yesterday and had our final show here and decided to send my tour bus back to Nashville and come see Nick and ya’ll,” I answered.

“Well its great to see you,” AJ said as he gave me a hug.

“Well we gotta get to work so if you just wanna hang out on the couch your more then welcome,” said Nick as he got ready to record.

“Ok,” I said as I turned around and took a seat on the couch as they got ready to record.

“Which song do you wanna start with?” asked Kevin as they looked at the papers in front of them.

“How about Safest Place To Hide since its on the top,” answered Nick as he walked towards the studio. “I’ll start first.”

******

 

“So tonight’s New Year’s Eve what do you wanna do?” Nick asked as we sat in the dinning room of his house eating breakfast.

“I wanna spend it with my man,” I smiled.

“Well do you wanna stay in with your man or go out with him?” he asked.

“Lets stay in cause I wanna take advantage of this time I have here with you,” I answered.

“I like your idea,” he smiled. “We’ll go out and get a few things for tonight and watch the ball down on TV.”

Later that night as we sat on the couch I leaned over and placed my head on his lap as I watched tv.

“Its almost midnight,” I smiled as I looked up at Nick.

“Yeah it is,” he replied. “1 minute left of 2004.”

“This was a really great year I hope next year is like this or even better,” I said.

“Me too,” he responded as we heard the tv start to count down to the new year.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy New Year,” we yelled together as we kissed.

The kiss soon deepened as clothes started to come off.

End Notes:
Hoped you liked it. I'll have Stealing Cinderella up soon since most of the first chapter is already writen.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8706