Chirstmas Lights by Purpura Lipstick
Summary:

The boys gather for Christmas.

Challenge entry for AC Forum


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 857 Read: 897 Published: 12/11/07 Updated: 12/11/07

1. Christmas Lights by Purpura Lipstick

Christmas Lights by Purpura Lipstick
Howie sat staring at the lights on the Christmas tree he just finished decorating. With a sigh he checked his watch, his guests were due to arrive soon he could not have finished at a more appropriate time. Leaning back he closed his eyes to rest before the holiday cheer would begin. A smile filled his face as he remembered one of the first Christmas’s with his new family and friends.

*****
The fire crackled and a young Nick sat next to the tree shaking the gifts with his name. His voice singing quietly “Deck the halls with poison ivy; fa la la la la la la.” “Nick,” Brian called out. “We’ll open each others gifts after we eat.” Brian laughed and pulled out a chair near him indicating that Nick should sit next to him.

*****

Howie laughed as he remembered Nick eating as quickly as he could in order to get to the tree to open presents. And how mad he got when the others told him he had to wait until everyone finished eating in order to open presents. It didn’t take much longer, the guys had ordered Chinese food, none of them had learned how to cook quite yet so they ordered out.

*****
“There are presents under this tree from Santa.” Nick scoffed.

“What’s wrong with that?” A.J. asked the younger member.

Nick laughed as if he had a secret. “Everyone knows he’s not real.”

“Oh yeah?” Kevin interjected. “And how do you know?”

“When I was six years old I encountered four different Santa’s in a matter of an hour. Finally the last one I asked why I saw so many and the man actually pulled his beard down and told me that I was too old to still believe in Santa Claus. I remember his breath stinking of something; I know it was alcohol now.”

“What a horrible way to find out,” Howie answered as he moved to find his seat in the living area.

Nick shrugged and began to casually toss the gifts out to the boys as they took their seats.

“Brian this better not full of girls underwear again, like you gave me for my birthday.” A.J. laughed, shaking the box he held in front of him.

“Technically that was not from me,” Brian laughed. “But from those girls that dared to through their underwear on stage. I thought you might find more use for them then anyone else.”

A.J. threw smiling glares at all the other boys as they laughed.

“Tis the season to be naughty, Fa lalalala la la la la.” Nick sang out causing everyone to let the laughter they were holding in out.
*****

Howie glanced at the clock and began to hum, leading into the words he learned from Nick that night. “Break a window; pop a tire, fa lalalala la la la la. Set your teacher’s pants on fire, fa la la la la lala la la.” He finished and as if the song were a call out to his friends, the doorbell rang.

“Hello,” He opened the door and welcomed his friends and their growing families into his house. “I’m so glad we were able to get together this year after being a part last year.”

The others nodded and made their way into the living room balancing their gifts in their arms. Without speaking they all placed their presents under the tree and made their way into the dining room so they could commence with dinner. Howie smiled as they sat down to a fine feast with ham, potatoes, and all the other trimmings that made a true Christmas feast.

Howie listened to the banter around the table but did not insert any comments of his own unless one of the others asked him a question, he loved to watch the merriment. After awhile it was Baylee pressing the others to the gifts this year, but Howie noticed that Nick gave him thumbs up sign. He watched as Baylee tore into his gifts and as the others began to open theirs.

“Howie,” Kevin moved closer to his friend. “You need to open your gifts.”

Howie looked at his pile and nodded. “Of course, I was just having so much fun watching you all open yours.” He picked up a thin gift signed from Nick. He smirked at the young man as he opened the ends carefully and pulled the framed item out. He sat in silence as he looked down at the picture he held in his hands. “Where did you find this?” He asked.

“I was going through pictures the other day and came across them.” Nick smiled, pleased that his gift was getting such a warm reception from Howie.

“What is it?” A.J. asked from across the room.

Howie held up the frame, inside held a series of pictures taken at that first Christmas they shared together over Chinese food and fan’s underwear. Howie looked around at all his friends and smiled broadly, but Kevin noticed a single tear fall from his eye and he felt much the same.

“May we all spend many more Christmas’s together.” Howie called out to everyone.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8736