Color My World by Kidnicky69
Summary:

One night can change everything... In a blink of an eye your whole world can be turned upside down. Where the living walk among what they can't see...except Brian.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian
Genres: Horror, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6430 Read: 7128 Published: 01/07/08 Updated: 04/14/08

1. Prologue - Chapter 1 by Kidnicky69

2. Chapter 2 by Kidnicky69

3. Chapter 3 by Kidnicky69

4. Chapter 4 by Kidnicky69

5. Chapter 5 by Kidnicky69

Prologue - Chapter 1 by Kidnicky69
Prologue

In god we trust...

Our sight...our mind

Dear Holy Father,
Forgive me, for I have sinned... I do not appreciate your gift... For I am only a man, but now a man with wild thoughts and ideas. Father save me, for my worlds lost all its color.

Sincerely, Brian

A gift is a gift, never to be taken for granted, just appreciated.

Even if that gift changed your world...

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1

The road seemed endless as Brian's eyes began to get weary. He gripped the wheel tighter to gain focus, 'I knew partying with Nick was a bad idea!' he thought to himself, paying close attention to the road. As the rain continued to pour onto the roof of his jeep, blinding lights ahead of him blocked his view. Taking his hands off the wheel to shield his face from what was about to happen next.

Everything seems so slow... like life is moving in a time warp...

I don't remember the impact of the truck hitting my car. I just remember time...time slowing

Slowly existing...

-----------------------

Brian lay still in his bed, surrounded by his family and band mates. He was aware of everyone in the room, but he couldn't see. His body felt weightless and motionless as the voices around him grew louder.

"Do you think he's going to be ok?"

Nick? It that you Nick?

"The doctors said he's very lucky to be alive. Hopefully he can hear us"

I hear you Kev1 I can hear you!

"This is all my fault...I should have talked him into staying"
"Don't blame yourself"

Listen to AJ, Nick; it's not your fault...

The four remaining band mates silently wept looking at Brian's motionless body. Not being able to handle his guilt, Nick slowly turned away from everyone walking out of the cramped hospital room. Kevin sighed as Howie placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe that's our cue, we should go home Kev" he said
"I don't want to leave Brian like this"
"There's nothing more we can do for him by standing here and worrying ourselves sick"
"True"
"You coming J?"
"Yeah, I think we all could use some sleep" AJ said
"I'll see you later Jackie" Kevin said
"We're gonna leave too, Baby Duck needs his rest" Jackie said

The remaining group slowly walked out of the room. The sound of the door closing caused Brian's eyelids to flicker. He was lost in his own world, own mentality. He couldn't move, but he could still feel; even his hearing had heightened. Fighting the gateways in his head, extending like a hallway, his thoughts raced by every sound in the room.

In god we trust...

Brian...Brian...

"Whose there?"

Wake up...

Our heavenly fathers...please see us through

"Am I dead?"

No...You’re beyond the living

The son, the spirit...and in the Holy Ghost

"Why are we praying?"

We're not...they are

"Who are they?"

The ones only you can see...

The sound of the respirator beeped louder as Brian twitched in his bed. Sitting up straight he opened his eyes gasping for his breath, 'Where am I?' he thought looking around the room. His eyes landed on a small child curled up in the corner of the room. It was too dark to tell if it was a girl or a boy, but he could sense the child was frightened.

"Are you my roommate?" he asked

The child’s' head rose and stared at him. Brian blinked a couple of times; the child was gone. He looked around the room franticly, jumping when he saw the child by his bedside.

"You can see me?" she whispered
"Of course I-" his words were cut off by the door in the room opening
"Mr. Littrell! You're awake" a doctor said rushing to his side
"What happened?" he asked
"You were in a car accident"

Nick's party

"Am...Am I ok?"
"According to your vital status and your improvement right now, I think you're going to be fine"
"This is a miracle...we didn't think you'd ever wake up" a nurse said
"How long have I been unconscious?"
"3 years..." the doctor said
"3 years! But…how? Didn't I just get into the accident yesterday? My friends, my wife...Where is everyone?" he asked panicking
"Relax Mr. Littrell, your friends and family have been here with you almost everyday"
Brian relaxed against the headboard, "Where did the little girl go?"
"What little girl Mr. Littrell?"
"There was this child in my room, she was talking to me, right when you came in"
"Mr. Littrell...there was no one in your room"

Help us!

In the name of the Holy Father

Save us...

Only you can hear them...

Brian grabbed his head in pain as the voices continued to run rapid in his mind. He began to rock back and forth in his bed moaning louder for the voices to stop.

"Nurse! Get the psychiatric unit down here now!"
"Stop!" Brian screamed
"Mr. Littrell!"

They won't go away Brian...

Make them stop

I can't...it's not in my power

I want them to stop

You have to stop first

Chapter 2 by Kidnicky69

Chapter 2

Brian sat in his room on his bed lost in his thoughts. The sedatives were starting to kick in, causing him to rock back and forth to gain control of his environment. His thoughts were hazy as well as his vision. He slowly curled up into a ball trying to grasp this new information. The sound of the door bursting open startled him as he jumped from his bed backing into a corner.

"Frick!" Nick screamed racing to approach the scared man
"Nick?" Brian asked confused

Nick had long changed in the past 3 years. You could tell he put on some pounds, it showed in his face. His eyes looked tired, like he hadn't slept in days. His blonde hair ruffled and unkempt, but that famous smile still lay upon his lips. He quickly embraced the blonde as tears began to streak down his face. Brian didn't want to let go, he wanted to stay locked in this moment he had waited 3 years for. Nick pulled away to stare at him.

"I can't believe it...I can't believe you're awake" he chimed
"I didn't know I was out for that long"
"I'm so sorry Rok, I am. Can you please find it in your heart to forgive me?"
"Forgive you? For what?"
"The party, it was my fault that you got into the accident"
"No it wasn't, it was mine for driving"
"Well, I’m glad you're awake now. We've missed you"
"And I’ve missed you"

Hear us...

The voices rang loud in Brian's head again as he sat there staring into space. He began to shake against Nick, violently pulling away from him. He curled into a ball on the floor.

"Make it stop...make it stop..." he chanted repeatedly
"Make what stop?" a horrified Nick asked
"The voices...god, make them fucking stop!" he screamed
"I don't hear anything..."

Scared, Nick ran out of the room to find a nurse. Brian closed his eyes and let his thoughts take over his mind. The voices had stopped their loud howling as he opened his eyes in the dark room. The small child stood in front of him. Brian collected himself off the floor, slowly standing up to look down on the child.

"Who are you?" he asked
"My name is Sarah"
"How did you get in here?"
"I'm always here...I’m always with you"
"Why? Why is this happening to me?"
"You're the chosen one Brian"
"I didn't choose to be anything! I want my life back"
"You lost that 3 years ago" a dark voice whispered

Brian turned around to face a large shadow. The shadow’s face was concealed by a mask. The shadow extended his hand as Brian stared at it. Swallowing hard he placed his hand in the mysterious creatures.

"There are things you should see" the shadow replied

He closed his eyes as he felt a cool rush of air against his face. He opened his eyes starring in amaze at his surroundings. It felt as if he was in a movie theater watching all the tragedies flash and appear in front of him. Turning around to run, he froze in his tracks falling flat to the floor. He looked up at a child in front of him.

"That's me!" he shouted

The small boy stood clutching a stuffed bear dressed in a hospital gown. He appeared to be crying calling out for his mother. Brian stood to his feet and tried to touch the younger version of him. The child screamed and ran away from him.

"Wait! Come back!" Brian pleaded

Brian began to chase after him as fast as his feet could carry him. He stopped short as he came to a cliff's edge. Taking a few steps back he peered down below at the depth of the mountain.

Jump...

"I'm not committing suicide!" he yelled

You want a way out?

"Not that way!"

That's...the only way

Brian...

Save us...

"Nick?"

Save us

He grabbed his head in pain trying to block out the cry of voices. Losing his balance he slipped and fell off the cliff. Time started to slow down as he free fell down the mountain. He closed his eyes preparing for the worse when he'd reach the bottom.

"Brian!" a distant voice called

'Kevin?' he thought

He opened his eyes to find himself back in the hospital room, with doctors and his family surrounding him. He shot up while Kevin still had a grip on him. The sweat rolled down his face as he jerked from his older cousin.

"Calm down Bri" Kevin said softly
"I told you he was acting weird..." Nick said
"I was falling! Why am I here? I was suppose to be dead!" he screamed
Leighanne winced, "Bri but you're here now, we me, your family and Baylee" she said
"No! I fell...I didn't mean too. The people screaming...they caused me to jump" he rambled
"Doctor is this normal?" Howie asked
"Well since he's been in a coma for 3 years, the long sleep has probably taken a toll on his brain pattern"
"Meaning?" Leighanne asked
"Well Mr. Littrell is showing signs of Schizophrenia" the doctor stated
"I am not crazy!" Brian replied
"Doesn't make you crazy, you just need to be put on the best medication available and you'll be yourself again"
"I am not crazy!"

No one can help you...

"Stop it!" he screamed
"Mr. Littrell you need to calm down"

They'll never believe you because they can't save us

"I can't save you!"
"Who are you talking too?" Nick asked placing his hand on Brian's shoulder
"Get away from me!" he screamed

Keep fighting...it'll only make it worse Brian...

Except it

Except us!

"No!"

Brian began to thrash around in his bed

"Hold him down!" the doctor ordered

The four men held down their brother as he continued to scream and thrash about in his bed. The doctor pulled out a syringe and slowly injected it into Brian's arm. The boys released him as his thrashing started to decease and slowly eased to twitching. Brian began to cry and faced Nick.

"Help me Nicky...I'm not crazy" he moaned
Nick sniffed holding his tears back, "I wish I could help you..."

No one can help you...

Chapter 3 by Kidnicky69

Chapter 3

I feel like part of me is missing, and what is missing within me I can't seem to find. I just sat there staring out of the window, watching the life outside of the prism glass pass me by. The sedatives the doctor kept giving me prevented me from moving around, so I’m forced to look like a crippled idiot. When did my life go to such shambles? I'm not crazy, I know I'm not...I know what I saw and heard...but why can't they hear it too?

They don't want to hear it...

"Hello?"

Give up and join us
save us...

"No! I don't know who you are or what you want but I am not giving in!" I screamed

So much frustration going on inside of me! I found a vase of flowers that Howie had left. Out of anger I picked it up and tossed it at the wall, watching it shatter and water spill to the floor. Apparently such noise causes scares in this place, because the next thing I knew nurses and orderlies were rushing in. I refused to look in their direction bringing my attention back to the window.

"Mr. Littrell are you alright?" a nurse asked
"Fine...just fine"

Apparently my words did not back up my actions as they searched me with their keen eyes for an explanation. My whole world seemed to be lost as I continued to ignore their questions, ‘Why can’t they just leave? I’ve said enough…my words aren’t good enough?’ I thought to myself. The clouds started to form dark holes in the sky; rain. Just to add to my perfect day, rain, at least the world is being rushed over and washed away of their pain. My pain was a constant reminder, a reminder of the fact that three years of my life have passed by and I have no clue what went on. Did Baylee miss me? Had Leighanne found someone to ease her pain? Does Kevin have any kids? Is Nick finally mature? What about my mother or my father? Harold has kids too? Did AJ finally quit? So many questions with such empty answers and yet if I were to receive the answers it still wouldn’t be good enough for me. I wasn’t there, I couldn’t foresee or witness any of this Instead I would be told as if it were a fantasy or something out of a book being read to me.

“Thought you might like something to read,” a deep voice sad behind me
I didn’t bother to turn around, “Thanks Kev,” Brian said as he placed the book in front of me, “So…how’s your family?”
Kevin pulled up a chair next to the window, “Great…um…Kris…she’s pregnant now, finally we’re getting one of our own” he announced
He cracked a smile, “That’s wonderful man, I know how much you wanted this”
“Yeah…I’m really happy about it”
“You know what it is yet?”
“Nope, we don’t want to know, we just wanna be surprised”
“That’s cool…so um, what have the guys been up too?”
“Well,” he stared clearing his throat, “We did some shows after you went into the hospital, but then it just wasn’t the same so we went on hiatus. We spent all of our time here, hoping you would wake up, when a year went by we just…started to try and move on with our lives. The doctors told us that there was little chance and that you could remain in a coma for a long time…” he paused
Brian’s eyes shifted to his gaze, “Then what?”
Tears started to well in Kevin’s eyes, “They had suggested we pull the plug on you…but we fought! I didn’t care if your chances were slim to none; there was still that small chance. Leighanne said I was being selfish for torturing myself, her and our families by trying to fix a lost cause,”

‘I was a lost cause?’ he thought

See Brian she was willing to give up on you…I told you, you have no place being here

“That’s not true!” Brian shouted standing up
“What’s not true?” Kevin asked startled
“Leighanne would never give up on me, she loves me too much!”
Kevin sighed, “She wasn’t given up on you. She just wanted to set you free so you wouldn’t be in pain anymore”
“Oh and I’m not in pain now?”
“It’s just emotional it will pass, I couldn’t let them do it Bri! You’re my cousin, hell my little brother. I couldn’t just let her. Excuse me if I’m crossing the line but she married into this family. I was born into it so I have a little more say as to what the fuck happens to you, whether it is a good or poor choice!”
Brian turned his back to him, “I can’t believe this…I can’t believe she’d turn her back on me…”
“Nick is also sick…”
Brian’s head whipped around, “He’s sick? How?”
“He fell into a depression after your accident; blaming himself…we had to admit him to a hospital…”
“Why?”
“He tried to kill himself last year; he just got so bad Cous. There was nothing we could do with him, but hand him over to a medical staff”
Brian sunk down in his seat, “So…where’s Nicky now?”
“He’s in this hospital…he’s been living here for about a year now. You would have never known, but he is in here very often, normally when you’re sleeping. He thinks you hate him,”
“I do not hate him!” Brian gasped, “I could never hate him!”
“Try telling him that, he comes home on the holidays and we take him out often to get air and to just be normal. Instead of being cramped in his room and being shoved a million pills everyday”
“Now I blame myself”
“Don’t”
“But if I didn’t get into the accident, Nick wouldn’t have gone crazy with guilt” he said massaging his temple, “What about the others?”
“They’ve been good, we’ve really missed you Bri…”

You would think I would be happy to know I was missed…but no. I can’t believe my own wife wanted to give up on me and let me die! Then about Nick…wow…I would have never thought you know. Nicky being so much full of life, I would have never thought that he would do any of this. ‘Oh god, my head!’ I thought to myself, grabbing my head in pain. Kevin stood up as soon as I fell out of the chair. Everything around me started to go black and fade, Kevin’s words becoming a silent film.

“Where the hell am I?”

I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…

“Is someone crying?”

God I can’t do this…it’s all my fault he’s like this…

You can’t save him Brian…

“Who?”

I turned around, nearly spinning trying to find the source of the voices in this black hole I am standing in. No luck, I just continued to hear the crying… someone’s praying…but who?

As my savor and father…please don’t deny me entrance to heaven…

“Nick?”

Fuck! There’s no one here but me, what the hell is going on? Nick it’ll be ok buddy!

“Why can’t anyone hear me?”

I can…

“Who are you?”

I’m what you don’t want to see…

“What’s that?”

Death…

Brian shot straight up in bed gasping for air as the beads of sweat poured down his face. His eyes focused on the corner of the room, someone was there. Their back had been turned but they appeared to be sobbing. The figure in the corner was slowly turning around as Brian’s room door opened. The figure was gone and now a very upset Kevin stood before him. He could sense something was greatly wrong, but had trouble reading the seriousness of his cousin’s expressions.

“Kev what’s wrong?”

Before Kevin could utter a word, his voice became choked as the tears streamed down his face. He sunk into a chair next to Brian’s bed, holding his head in his hands. Brian extended his hand to stroke Kevin’s back.

“Is it Kristin?” Kevin shook his head, “Is it the baby?” he shook his head again, “Oh god nothing’s wrong with you is it?”
“It’s Nick” he gasped quickly
“What’s wrong with Nick?” a sound of panic now entering his voice
“He…oh god Brian…he hung himself in his room…”
“WHAT!” Brian shouted, shock setting in
“He hung himself, he must have been in there for a good hour or two, no one had checked up on him…” Kevin said sobbing

You can still save us…

How can I start to cry without realizing it? What was odder was that I’m watching myself cry. The tears had started to rush down my face but I didn’t feel any. My best friend’s dead…because of me.

It’s not your fault

My eyes jolted left and right scanning the room, ‘Nick?’ I thought to myself

I didn’t mean too… it wasn’t my fault…

Lies!

There shall be silence and you shall walk alone

Don’t listen to them Brian!

Help us!

You can’t save them

Brian! Save yourself

Chapter 4 by Kidnicky69
Author's Notes:
If you've read this before it was probably on vaffel.com lol. I used test new stories out there to see if the readers liked them. Since vaffel is closing down I'm moving any new or updated stories here.

Chapter 4
The doctors had said I was well enough to attend Nick’s funeral. Jane had long since then disowned him once he was admitted into the hospital, so it was left up to us to decide what to do with his remains. Kevin chose to have a close casket, though AJ fought for an open one. Apparently if I don’t see him, then it won’t trigger anything in me. But I know why he’s dead, I know why my best friends dead, because of me. How do you live down that kind of guilt?

You are not the place of blame

My head wiped around as the preacher was reading his sermon to us. I shook the voice out of my head as out of the corner of my eye I could see my cousin weeping, leaning on Howie for support.

“Is that me?” I heard a voice say beside me
My heart jumped out of my throat, “Nick?” I whispered

His pale face turned to look down on me, the color lost from his eyes, his blonde hair dulled. He stood in the clothes he had on when he died, a noticeable burn ring around his throat. When he noticed I was staring at his neck, he nervously rubbed it. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words life his pasty lips, instead tears slipped down his face.

“I didn’t do it Brian!” he said
“Shh…be quiet!” he said a little too loudly

Now everyone was looking at him as the preacher stood waiting for Brian’s approval to continue. Brian nodded as AJ leaned over to him.

“Are you sure you’re ok with this? I’ll take you home if you want?” he whispered
“No it’s fine, really it is” Brian stated

AJ nodded and continued to listen to the preacher. Brian turned his head watching as Nick was slowly approached his casket, grazing his fingers gently atop the cherry wood. Brian looked around nervously, ‘Doesn’t anyone else notice him there?’ he thought to himself, trying to call Nick over to him. Nick sank to the floor and started to cry louder, his wails turning into sirens, causing Brian’s hands to fly up to his head ears.

“Oh no…” AJ said as he put a protective arm around Brian’s shoulder, “Come on bud we’re going home” he said gently
“Why can’t any of you see him?”
“See who Bri?”
“Nick!”
“He’s in the coffin Bri, we’ve already been through this,” AJ whispered trying not to disturb the other mourners
“No he’s not! He’s right there, AJ look, he’s right there crying”
Tears started to fill his eyes, “Bri you’re gonna have to calm down, you can’t scare these people”

Brian’s outburst caused Kevin to cry harder as Howie shot a worried look in AJ’s direction, ‘Please not him too, you took Nick…don’t take Brian from us too,’ AJ thought as he led Brian away from the ceremony. Nick wiped his eyes, looking around frantically for Brian. When he saw him and AJ were leaving, he got up and ran, trying to catch up with his brothers. Nick kept a foot distance behind them as they made their way to one of the awaiting limos. AJ opened the door for Brian, ushering him inside.

“Go to sleep man, I’m taking you back to my place, it’s gonna be awhile”

Taking AJ’s advice, Brian stretched across the limo seat, resting his head on AJ’s lap. AJ sighed, throwing his head back on the leather interior, praying silently as he stroked the top of Brian’s head.

You should learn to control yourself in public…

Brian’s head wiped around as the darkness all of a sudden became a blinding white light. Shielding his eyes from what appeared to him as the sun.

“What do you want from me!” he screamed, “Why are you doing this to me?”

You’ve been giving a second chance!

“What kind of second chance it this?”

A kind most people would kill for, but I felt you were worthy enough to uphold such a gift

Brian sank to the floor crying, trying to take in what the voice was saying.

“I never asked for this, why couldn’t I have died?”

Your friends wouldn’t let you die, so in exchange for your life, they exchanged theirs

“What?”

Nick exchanged his life for yours, apparently the boy forgot about his promise so I had to take it from him

“You killed him! You fucking bastard”

The mechanical laughter filled the silent room

I did no such thing…he took his life… but he needed assistance

Save us…

“Who are these people trying to be saved?”

Help us…

I didn’t do it!

All of a sudden the cries became silent. Brian had thought he had gone deaf, but there was no one to make a sound. His head shot up as the sound of clicking heels could be heard. He hurried to his feet, stumbling backwards as the figure appeared before him. The mask concealed the face of the presents in front of him.

“You always had so many questions, questions to things you should never know the answer too, yet you seek them so desperately…”
“Where’s Nick?” Brian pleaded
“He’s dead” the figure said in a monotone voice
“Why did he exchange his life for me?”

Too many questions…

So many…

Be careful what you wish for…

I shot up out of bed as the pain in my head caused me to wince. I was no longer back in the hospital; instead I was in a different room. Scanning the room in the dark, I moved my hand around in search of a lamp. As I found one, I turned the light on startling someone. I jumped as my eyes focused on the person.

“AJ?” I asked
“Yeah man, you ok?” he asked
“I’m fine…just had a bad dream… How did I get here? Where the hell am I?”
“You’re at my place and you got here because I brought you here. You were freaking everyone out at the funeral”
“Huh?”
“Dude you kept screaming that Nicky…” AJ paused looking down, “Nicky wasn’t dead…”
“What the hell are you talking about?”
AJ sighed, “Just lie back and I’ll got make you a hot cup of tea”
“Yeah sure…thanks bud”

AJ smiled warmly as he got up and to leave. As he closed the door, a big heavy sigh was released in the room. Brian jumped as a person stepped from out of the corner, ‘Oh no…not this again, my mind is playing tricks on me…’ he told himself repeatedly as Nick started to approach him, ‘Nick is not there…Nick’s is not there…I’m crazy…I do not see him there,’ he thought as he covered his eyes. His cracked his fingers opening slightly, ‘Oh god! Why is he still there?’ he thought aloud.

“Frick…” Nick whispered
“No no no…you’re not real”
“Frick…listen to me. Please, I am very real”
“No you’re not, I saw you lying in a casket!”
“If I wasn’t real then how could I be responding to you?”
“Because I’m crazy! Don’t you see that? I’m a very sick fuck; I’m seeing and hearing things. Now I’m seeing and hearing my dead best friend!”
Nick sighed, “Fine I’ll come back when I think sanity and reality have hit you full force”

With that Nick slowly got up and disappeared. Just then the door busted open causing Brian to shriek. Kevin filed in the room with Howie in tow pleading behind him; AJ trailing along holding a kettle of bowling water. Kevin stood right in front of Brian, glaring down. If looks could kill, Brian would have burst into flames by now.

“Why did you do that? How could you do that?” he yelled
“Do what?”
“Kev let it go, he was upset” Howie pleaded
“Saying Nick was not dead! How could you do that at his funeral!”
“I…I…” Brian stuttered
“He doesn’t remember Kev, it was an emotional episode. Let it fucking go” AJ snapped
“No! Do you know how many people were upset? Do you? No you don’t, next there’s going to be a million rumors flying around that this is a hoax or Nick staged his own death! How could you?”
“What are you talking about?” Brian screamed

Just then Kevin’s harsh words became silent. Only his mouth was moving, but no words were leaving them. It was as if he was watching a silent film play in front of him.

They can’t help you

You have to get him to listen Brian!

“How?”

Show them I’m real

Chapter 5 by Kidnicky69

Brian had spent the rest of evening hiding in AJ’s guest bedroom. He didn’t want to be bothered by his cousin, afraid of his reaction to another outburst. It felt like forever when he had finally fell asleep. All he wanted to do was lie there and never wake up.

 

Wake up…

Help us!

Brian… Brian…

You can’t save them

 

He shot up in bed sweating as he glanced around the room. Sighing he fell back against the bed, turning on his side his eyes came in contact with a rotten corpse laying beside him. He screamed jumping up out of the bed and darting for the door. By the time he reached the door the corpse had disappeared. Panting he hunched over trying to regain his breath, ‘It’s not real… it’s not real,’ he repeated in his head. He slowly opened his eyes noticing the room was now pitch black. The sound of someone crying hysterically could be heard.

 

Don’t be afraid

 

Brian stood up and turned around to see Nick standing behind him. His solemn ghostly eyes staring into Brian’s eyes. He outstretched his hand placing it against Brian’s forehead. Brian immediately started to panic but found himself frozen in his place.

 

I didn’t do it

The room seemed so lonely as Nick slowly rocked himself back and forth on his bed. He couldn’t shake the thoughts from his head as racked his fingers through his blonde hair. His face looked emaciated as well as his body. Suddenly the light above his bed started to flicker. It caught Nick’s attention as he stood on his bed to examine the light.

As Nick remained preoccupied by the flickering light his sheets slowly slipped off his bed. The sheet tied itself into the shape of a noose.

“Nick! Behind you!” Brian screamed

He can’t hear you

No one can hear you

We need you

Suddenly the sound of something moving in his room startled him. Nick lost his footing as he turned around and got caught in the bed sheet made noose. He struggled to get it off his neck trying desperately to get his feet to touch the ground. The sound of Nick choking was making Brian sick to his stomach.

Help me!

Finally Nick stopped struggling as his body finally went limp. Brian starred in fright as Nick’s lifeless body dangled in the middle of his bedroom.

1 down 3 to go

“No!”

 

“Wake up!” he heard a voice yell violently shaking him

 

Sweat ran down his face as he tried to pull himself together. He glanced around the room to see that he was still in the hospital. He continued to scream as he noticed Nick’s body handing from the ceiling. He panicked trying to get up and run, but the restraints were keeping him. Brian began to struggle against the restraints as he continued to cry out.

 

“WAKE UP!” the voice shouted

 

A million voices seem to engulf me as the sound kept getting louder. I couldn’t move to cover my ears to keep the deafening sounds away. All of a sudden everything became quiet. You easily drop a pin and it’d probably break the sound barrier.

 

Save us…

 

“NO!” Brian shouted, “I cannot save you!”

“Bri… wake up! Rok get a hold of yourself!” AJ’s voice cried

 

Beads of sweat rolled down Brian’s face as he starred blankly at the man in front of him. Trying to catch his brief he hunched over to rest his head on the worried mans shoulder. A loud cry escaped his mouth as his shuttered from the tears.

 

“It’s ok man, it’s ok”

“It’s all my fault J…”

“What’s your fault?”

“Nick! Nick’s death is all my fault. They took his life in exchange from mine”

“Brian-“

“No! Listen to me, there are these demons and they said that when I was in a coma that you all exchanged your lives to keep me alive. Now that I’m awake they’re coming after you, ALL OF YOU!”

“Brian you’re not making any sense”

 

They don’t believe you…

You can’t save them…

 

“No! I can save them I can’t save you!” Brian shouted as he flinched away from AJ

“Maybe we should go back to the hospital…”

 

I walk through the valley of the shadows of death

I will fear no evil

“Save us!”

For thou art with me

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me

 

AJ whipped out his cell phone as he tried to keep his attention on Brian. He started to panic waiting for an answer from the other end of the line.

 

“Hello?” a groggy voice said

“Kev help!”

“AJ what’s matter?”

AJ’s eyes shifted around the room, “It’s Brian, he’s really lost it man. He keeps talking about death is upon us-”

“Slow down, did you call his doctor?”

“No I didn’t call his damn doctor, you and Leighanne are the only ones with his number. I wasn’t about to call her and freak her the fuck out when she’s home by herself taking care of Baylee”

“You need to take him back to the hospital”

“He won’t move!”

“You’re going to have to force him J! I’ll call the hospital ahead of time and meet you guys there”

“Kevin don’t make me do this by myself”

“Alex you have to do this, it’ll take me an hour to get to where you’re at. We don’t have much time”

“Fine!”

 

He slammed his phone shut turning his attention on Brian. Brian had since stopped screaming only to sit there starring off into space. The sight of his dilated pupils frightened him as he gently shook his friend.

 

“Come on Bri, we’re going to go out for some air”

“I don’t want to go anywhere…” Brian moaned

“Come on buddy, I think you could use it”

 

Brian’s dull blue eyes shifted to meet AJ’s gaze. He nodded slowly as he shifted his gaze forward. AJ stood up slowly lifting Brian up with him. He directed him to him the bed as he walked around the room placing Brian’s belongings in a bag.

 

“Why are you packing my bag?” Brian asked quietly

“Just cleaning up a bit before we go out. It’ll be less of a mess to clean when we get back,” he lied

“Oh…”

“Come on bud time to go,”

“K”

 

AJ slowly led Brian to the door as they made their way downstairs and out of the house, ‘God forgive me for deceiving my friend,’ AJ thought to himself.

-------------------------------------------

 

Kevin paced around the waiting room for what seemed like hours. Suddenly the sight of a white BMW pulling up in front of the door caught his attention. He motioned for the staff to follow him to the door. Once he was outside Brian emerged from the car looking around puzzled.

 

“AJ I thought you said we were going to the park…”

“Sorry Brian”

“Gentlemen please escort Mr. Littrell to the psychiatric floor,” the head staff announced

“What?” Brian gasped

 

He tried to make a run for it but the men were too fast. Kevin turned his back trying to block out Brian’s pleas for help. Tears started to run down his face as his cousins cries got louder. He turned around slowly to see Brian being dragged into the building, his eyes full of fear. Once they had succeed with getting Brian inside Kevin turned to face AJ.

 

“We’re doing the right thing, right?” he questioned

AJ removed his sunglasses to wipe his eyes, “I hope so”

“I am in no way shape or form a bad person for wanting to get him help?”

“No Train you’re not”

 

Sighing Kevin sat down on the curb as he ran his fingers through his hair. AJ eased himself down next to Kevin slinging his arm over his shoulder.

 

“In the end Brian will thank us for getting him the help he needs now. Right now he’s not in a very good place and even though it’s hard to see that now it’ll all work out in the end,” AJ said

Kevin looked up and smiled, “When did you gain wisdom?”

“I learned it from the best,” he said smiling, “But this is a once in a lifetime thing. Don’t expect me to turn over a new leaf any time soon”

“Nah cause then I’d be out of a job”

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8780