The Snickers by kevmylove
Summary: Howie is hungry and struggles to get a snack...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Howie
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1256 Read: 918 Published: 01/17/08 Updated: 01/17/08

1. Chapter 1 by kevmylove

Chapter 1 by kevmylove

Howie got on his knees and looked under the vending machine, trying to reach the quarter he had taken out of his pocket and had practically jumped out of his hand. “Damn it” he cursed as he reached as far as he could.

AJ came from behind “You know that is a really dangerous way to be, there could be some male fans out there…and well you look pretty ready!”

Howie stood back up, brushing his hair back in place with his palm “Would you shut up, I’m hungry and the vending machine doesn’t take bills…so I took out three quarters just for that Snickers bar and the third one just slipped out of my hand.”

“Now that sucks!” AJ began to laugh as he now got on his knees and looked under to see if his thinner arm could make it between the floor and the machine. He stretched it as far as he could “No luck man, let’s ask one of the guys for a quarter…” he stuck his hands in his pocket “I don’t have change. To much noise”

Howie shook his head as he began to walk away “Wait” he came to a halt, making AJ bump into him from behind “Jeez you can warn someone…that your gonna just stop!” AJ looked around making sure no one had seen their collision.

“What if by the time I come back someone has taken my Snickers, or used my fifty cents?” Howie’s face showed some worry, which made AJ want to roll around laughing.

“Uh your kidding right, a Backstreet Boy worried that someone is going to jack his Snickers, let alone, use his fifty cents that he already put in the machine. Did you try the little button that gives you your money back.”

Howie looked at AJ dumb founded “Of course I did you idiot, and it WONT give it back! So you stay here and watch over it…”

AJ frowned “Ok…and what the fuck am I going to tell people. I’m sorry the vending machine is closed at the time…Backstreet Boy Howard Dorough is having a coin dilemma.” he shook his head, but a smile crept over his mouth as a blonde passed by waving at him “Hi there” he flirted.

His dumb smile was wiped off, by a smack on the arm by Howie “Your not paying attention…your not good at this. You go ask them for a quarter and I’ll wait here.”

“Oh no…I just borrowed five dollars from Nick, gotta have my Star bucks”

Howie rolled his eyes “Ok so you should have change. Damn it AJ”

AJ shook his head “Look it was three dollars and ninety seven cents, so I threw out the three cents and gave them a dollar tip.” he shrugged as he saw Howie curse under his breath.

“How can you just throw three cents out, that is money you know.” He sighed hard “Come on I see Nick and Brian from here”

The twosome began their way over to the other guys “Hey Brian do you have a quarter, this dummy here lost his quarter under the machine and is dying for a what was it?”

Howie shook his head as he looked at his three band mates “A Snickers you idiot! So do either one of you have a quarter?” they all looked at each other.

“No I’m sorry don’t carry change it makes to much noise in my pockets” Nick said as he continued to read his magazine and smack his gum.

“Yeah, Leighanne doesn’t like it when I leave change in my pockets it gets stuck it the washing machine. Sorry!” Brian looked at his friend with a smile.

“How did we get a flight so late, there is no one here to ask for a quarter, anyways I’m an artist how would I look asking for a quarter. I’m gonna keep trying” he began his way towards the machine.

“Oh wait I have an idea…I tried this once” Nick stood up as he blew a big bubble with his gum. “Come on…”

All four stood in front of the machine, each taking turns trying to reach the quarter.

“Wow Howie although the Snickers is only seventy five cents it’s costing you huh?” Nick smacked his gum as Howie glared at him. “Ok how about we try my idea.” Nick took out his gum and squished it a couple of times as the rest looked at him a little confused “When you squish it, it gets stickier.”

He placed it on his finger and then got on his knees trying to reach as far as he could, but the quarter was out of his reach. “I just can’t get it…” He stood up and they all looked at AJ.

“Oh fuck no, I’m not putting his germy, nasty gum on my finger.” AJ backed up as he nodded his head “Fuck no!” he repeated.

“Oh come on AJ, do it for me, my stomach is growling.” Howie pouted like a child, as he looked at AJ.

AJ sighed heavily as he snatched Nick’s gum from the tip of his fingers “Only cause your stomach is going to start growling on the plane and your going to embarrass me.” he knelt down as he stuck the gum to the tip of his finger and began to reach.

“Did you get it?” Howie asked with anticipation.

“I’m still reaching aren’t I. So obviously I haven’t” he blurted as his face began to turn red from kneeling down. “Oh wait I feel it…come on stick on it!” he talked to the gum as the other guys chuckled.

They all waited with anticipation as AJ slowly came back up to face them, the coin sticking to the gum on his fingertip. Howie snatched it from him and pushed it into the coin gap on the machine, but the coin was sent back to him. “Oh for the love of Christ!” he nagged as he tried again and again.

“Well what the hell is the problem now Howie they are announcing our flight” AJ asked as he took the coin in his hand, ready to try it. He held the coin up inspecting it and he suddenly broke into laughter. “It’s a…” he laughed again “It’s a…”

His laughter was so bad, that he couldn’t say another word, “What is wrong with the damn coin?” Howie snatched it from his hands as he took a look at it, his face became blank. “Son of a thousand monkeys!” he said as he looked at the rest of the guys, AJ now wiping tears from his eyes.

“Well what is it Howie we are going to miss our plane?” Brian asked a little concerned at his friends face.

“It’s a Chuck E Cheese coin” Howie blurted disappointment in his voice.

Out of the blue Nick snatched the coin from him “No shit! Remember we went there for AJ’s birthday last week, I must of given it to you on accident. Sorry I owe you a quarter. But I'm keeping this in case we go again.” he walked away, followed by Brian, AJ and Howie trailing behind.

AJ still laughing, patted Howie on the back “Look at it this way…” he began, but was interrupted by a little boy running past them “Mom…mom, I just got fifty cents out of the vending machine return slot.”

AJ gave Howie a cheesy smile "I thought you said..."

"Don't even say it!" he grunted as they both began to laugh.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8811