Ghost From The Past by chaoscarter
Summary: Nick awakens to find his double,except this boy looks as if he's come from the grave.Who is he?...and Why is he there?

[Based on a book]
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 2069 Read: 19644 Published: 01/29/08 Updated: 02/13/08

1. Vacation? by chaoscarter

2. The Attic by chaoscarter

3. Another Nick by chaoscarter

4. Going Crazy by chaoscarter

5. Back in time by chaoscarter

6. A room full of stragers by chaoscarter

7. Marbles by chaoscarter

8. Time Travel by chaoscarter

9. First Game by chaoscarter

10. The River by chaoscarter

11. Going Home by chaoscarter

Vacation? by chaoscarter
"There it is."

Kevin slowed the car and pointed to a big brick house standing on a hill above the highway.From a distance,it looked empty,deserted,maybe even haunted.

I looked up.Not happy with what I saw.It was in terrible shape.

"It's a little...uh,run down."

"Just look at the woods,fields,the river,and the hills.It's paradise."

Unfortunately,Kevin's enthusiasm was lost on me.My idea of paradise would be sand,sun,surf,and a lot of babes.Hot babes.Not some old spooky house in the country.While Kevin was going on about hiking and fishing I stared at the endless fields of corn.I wanted to tell him I changed my mind.But it was to late.We get our first vacation in god only knows when and I was stuck with this.

When Kevin pulled up in front of the house the three of us sat there still for a moment and stared at the gloomy pile of bricks.

Up close it looked even worse.Ivy clung to walls.A vine heavy with bunches of purple blossoms twisted around the porch.Paint peeled.Loose shutters banged in the wind.Slates from the roof littered the lawn.It was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie I tell you.I looked over to Brian as Kev got out of the car.

"Is he for real?"

"You know how Kevin gets."

As Brian and I got out of car,thunder boomed overhead and a bolt of lightning zig-zagged into the woods behind us.
The Attic by chaoscarter
"Let's get inside before the rain starts." Brian said giving me a gentle push toward the house.

The entrance hall was even gloomier then the outside.Smells of wood smoke and the ashes of long ago fires were hanging in the air.

It was damp and dark.Light filted through a stain-glass window halfway up the stairs to the second floor.Kevin led me to a small room.

"You can sleep here.Brian and I will be down the hall if you need us."

Before I could say a word Kevin was gone.I was surrounded by antiques.A tall carved headboard leaned over the bed I was supposed to sleep in.A spooky cabnet with mirrored doors lurked in a corner.Rocking chair.Bookcase.Deck.

I turned on the lamp and started to unpack.For the next hour or two I kept myself busy.I open the door opposite of my bed.Instead of finding a closet,I was surprised to see a flight of steps.Almost blocked by old boxes.I climbed the steps.They led up to a dark attic.Cold,damp air blew on my face.Tickling my nose with the smell of dust.The floor creaked under my feet.I was just about to look around when I heard Brian calling me.

"Nick,dinner."

I ran downstairs with a smile.Wait til I tell them.

"You'll never guess what's in my room!"

"The attic?"

"Ah,How'd you know?"

Kevin smiled at Brian."This is our uncle's place."

"Yeah,We spent a lot of time here."

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"Just didn't think about it I guess."

We sat down with a plate of spaghetti.I stared at the bubbling tomato sauce.If I only knew what was waiting for me upstairs I would have never went back to my room.
Another Nick by chaoscarter
The minutes crept by.It was only six'o clock but it felt like ten.Bushs tapped the windows.The house continued to moan and groan.After dinner,Kevin lit a fire in the fireplace to drive off the cold.Brian watched tv but I was bored.

"Where are you going Nick?"

"To bed.This place is dull."

"Come on,It's not that bad."

I rolled my eyes at Brian.At the same time,the clock whirred and began to chime.Startled by the sound I jumped.Hearing Kevin laugh at me just made me walk faster.At the foot of the steps I hesitated.The second floor was dark.

Hours later,something woke me up.A faint sound coming from the hallway.The attic door was opened and cold air swirled through the room.I got up to close the door.When I turned back to go to bed I saw him.A boy appeared.Except for his white nightshirt,it might have been me.He leaned against the door frame.When he stepped away from it he fell to the ground.

Iwanted to run.To fling myself in Kevin's arms and tell him to protect me.I wanted to jump into bed and pull the quilt over my head.To make the ghost of me go away but I was to scared to move.I couldn't take my eyes off the boy laying on the floor.I heard him mutter something.

He grabbed my leg."Call a doctor,I need help."
Going Crazy by chaoscarter
I stared at the boy who soon passed out at my feet.I was in shock.My heart was beating so loud I could hear it.I ran down the hall to find Brian and Kevin.

"Brian!..Brian!"

"Kevin,Wake up!"

I pounded the door.Yelling.

Kevin opened the door,half asleep.A second later Brian was by his side.His hair all over the place.If I wasn't so freaked out I might have laughed at the looks on thier faces.

"There's this boy...In my room...He's...He's me!I mean,he looks just like me..."

"Huh?"

"What are you talking about?"

"He says he n-needs help."

"You were dreaming.Now go back to bed."

"But I was awake!"

"Are you sure?"

"Sure I'm sure."

"We'll talk about it in the morning."

"You think I'm crazy."

"Nobody thinks your crazy.Just go back to bed."

I frowned but I could tell my friends were in no mood to fight.I shook my head and went back to my room.Hearing doors slam behind me.

I slowly entered the doorway not wanting to see the body on the floor.I stepped into my room but the boy was gone.
Back in time by chaoscarter
I looked around.It was like he was never there.No boy laying on the floor.The attic was closed.Maybe Kev was right.Maybe I did dream it.I got back in bed.I sank into a deep sleep.

When I opened my eyes,everything was still.The gray light of early morning silvered the bare floor.Far away,a train whistle blew.

I saw a girl asleep in the rocking chair.A girl about fourteen.She wore a long white dress.Her feet bare.Her dark hair tumbled down around her face.

I was to scared to move.I laid motoinless in bed.Scarcely daring to breathe.Afraid the slightest noise would wake her.When she raised her fists to rub sleep from her eyes,I shut mine.

"Andrew,wake up."

A second later I could feel the girl on top of me.Touching my skin with her soft,warm fingers.She was no dream.She was real.

The door opened and footsteps raced toward me.I heard them talking but kept my eyes shut.

"His fever's gone.He's still alive."

"Andrew,Open your eyes."

I looked up not knowing the faces I saw.Dumbfounded with fear I stayed quiet.

Alarmed by my silence,One of them told another to call the doc.
A room full of stragers by chaoscarter
"He looks fine to me."

"Andrew hasn't uttered a single word."

"Can't you talk?" The doctor asked as he turned to me.

Again I didn't answer.The doctor shook his head and left the room.As I sat in bed I could hear the stragers around me talking to the doc.I didn't know what was going on.I didn't know theese people.I didn't want to be 'Andrew'.I wanted to be me.Nick Carter.

A black dog bounded eagerly into the room.When he was close enough to smell me he froze.Slowly the fur on his back rose.He growled.Unlike everybody else,he wasn't fooled.He knew an imposter when he smelled one.

"Buddy,Stop!"

"What's gotten into that dog?"

"Raven,get Buddy out of here."

My heart was pounding so loud I thought everyone would hear it.While everyone was searching for ways to explain my behavior,I tried to claim down.

That evening I had my first dinner with the family.I was trying to do everything right.Which meant I had to copy the others.
Marbles by chaoscarter
That night before I went to bed, I found a hole in the floor.I peered inside and saw something hiddenin the dark space under the floor.I lifted out an old bulging leather bag.Holding my breath I untied the knot and opened it.When I tipped it over a stream of marbles poured out.Overflowing in my hand.Spinning across the floor in all directions.I went after them on my hands and knees stuffing some in my pockets.Just then the girl everyone called Raven came in the room.

"Andrew you should be asleep."

"But I was..."

"Your marbles can wait."

When I got to sleep I was dreaming about a rocket ship traveling through space.Suddenly a shower of marbles spun towards the ship.Like meteorites,they trailed fire.They bounced and knocked agaist the ship's side.

"You took them.Don't deny it.You took my marbles!"
Time Travel by chaoscarter
Wide awake,I sat up in bed and stared at the ceiling.Overhead things bumped and creaked.Someone was in the attic.

Then I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs.One step at a time.It had to be Andrew.The real Andrew.On the threshold a boy appeared.

"What are you doing here?"

"Don't you know Nick,I'm the one who sent you back in time."

"Back in time!?..You mean I'm...you?"

"I had to trade places to live."

My mind was racing.He did this?..Time travel?...What year was it?

Paying no attention to me,Andrew went on talking.

"I like your life.I just might stay."

"You can't be serious!"

"Why not?"

"I want my life back!"

"Suppose we make a bargain."

"What sort of bargain?"
First Game by chaoscarter
"What sort of bargain?"

"I challenge you to a game of marbles.As long as I win I stay in your time.If you win we switch back."

"That's not fair.I don't know anything about marbles."

Andrew leaned toward me,"It wasn't fair for you to take my marbles either."

Nick pulled the two marbles out of his pocket and dropped them to the floor.

"Meet me here tomorrow at midnight."

Then he vanished.

"Andrew,come back!"

I stood there alone.Trying to will him back but it was no use.Andrew was gone.

Two nights later, Andrew came back.He laid out a cross of thirteen glass marbles.Each one cast a faint colored shadow on the floor.He handed me one to use and took one for himself.

I wachted him aim.Andrew knelt beside the ring.Aiming carefully he shot.The marble spun and hit seven out of the ring.One after another they spun across the floor.

After about an hour Andrew won.

"Better luck next time,Nick."

Andrew stood up and blew out the candles we were using.Then he vanished again.
The River by chaoscarter
The next day I was walking in the woods by a river.I saw someone in the river calling for help.I ran to the water,took a deep breath and jumped in.

The river's dull roar filled my ears.My head ached as the water rushed over me.I swam as hard as I could.

The river was dark and cold.Strong currents tugged at my legs.I grabbed the boy in the water.Getting a good grip on his shoulder I towed him to shore.

I heard him gasping for breath.His lips were purple with cold.His face was dead white.He opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"Andrew,you saved me."

"I did,didn't I?"

"You shouldn't be jumping in the river your still weak."

"I had to you were going to drown."

"I was just trying to get a picture.Good thing my camera is okay."

"What camera?"

"Over there."

I looked up the shore a little and saw an old camera.

"Hey I know let's go fish'ng."

"Fish'ng?"

The boy was already grabing fish with his hands.

"With our hands?"

"Sure what eles would we use?"

I shook my head not knowing what to say.

"I got one!"

I looked up and the boy was holding a fish that was almost slipping out.

"You hold the fish,Andrew and I'll take a picture."

I helped him bring the fish to shore.Then I helt on to it so he could take the photo.
Going Home by chaoscarter
The next night I beat Andrew.Somehow I won the game of marbles.Without looking at me,Andrew shifted the marbles around.

"A deal's a deal.I'm going home."

Andrew nodded his head and we swiched clothes again.

The room started to spin.I had to close my eyes to keep from falling.The next thing I knew I heard Kevin.

"Why are you still awake?I told you to go to sleep."

"Kevin?!"

"What?"

"I thought I'ld never see you again."

"What are you talking about now?"

Before I could answer,Brian came in the room.

"Hey Kev,I found a photo of uncle Andrew!"

My eyes got big.Did I hear that right?

Brian showed a photo of two boys fishing by a river.One of them holding up a fish.

Kevin was staring at the photo.Then looked at me.

"If I didn't know better,I'd swear it was Nick."

I smirked.If my friends only knew.That was me in the photo not Andrew.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8827