Fatal Reality by Babyg
Summary: *On Hiatus*

After surviving a fatal plane crash, Aaron suffers through the pain and love that he had lost. Nurse Marissa Miller tries to help in anyway that she can. Marissa's eighteen year old niece gets a job at the hospital and helps her. Can they save him? Or will Aaron fall deeper and deeper into darkness?
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 14614 Read: 20183 Published: 02/23/08 Updated: 08/21/09

1. Prologue by Babyg

2. Chapter 1 - It's a Fatal Reality by Babyg

3. Chapter 2 - Untitled by Babyg

4. Chapter 3 - Get Out by Babyg

5. Chapter 4 - You Look just like her by Babyg

6. Chapter 5 - Why Not the Truth? by Babyg

7. Chapter 6 - I Want To Get Better by Babyg

8. Chapter 7 - Out of the Hospital by Babyg

9. Chapter 8 - He's Not Our Son! by Babyg

10. Chapter 9 - The Boy Who Silently Screamed Help Me by Babyg

11. Chapter 10 - Nothing Is Your Fault by Babyg

12. Chapter 11 - It Comes In My Nightmares...It Comes in Real Life by Babyg

13. Chapter 12 - Strong Enough to Handle...Strong Enough to love by Babyg

Prologue by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Sorry everyone. Kinda short. Please let me know what you think!! I hope you all enjoy!

 FATAL REALITY --- PROLOGUE

 

The heat from the flames were unbearable. I could feel my flesh start to burn from my bones. I knew I was screaming, even though I couldn’t hear myself. Grasping the bottom of my seat I glanced out the window and still couldn’t believe what was happening. I could make out the skylines of some city down below getting closer and closer. My heart beat so fast, I thought it would explode any moment. I jerked myself away from the window just before the wall blew completely out. I felt around and wrapped my fingers around a still leg of a chair. I opened my eyes in fear and looked around me. People were screaming and holding on for dear life. The powerful rage of the wind sucked them out and they perished. I prayed and prayed I wouldn’t be one of them. But I knew I would soon join them, once we hit the ground. I flinched in pain when I tried to move up the aisle. The open cuts on my body stung with pain. I crawled my way through the mad aisle way. I felt like this was taking forever. I wondered if I was in hell. If this was hell. I gasped when someone suddenly grabbed me. I looked up and saw the love of my life holding on to me for dear life.

“Christy….” I choked out. My voice was hoarse from screaming so much.

“Aar….” She choked out. I shushed her and pulled her closer to me. She held on to me tightly. If I was going to die, I’m not going with out her. But I knew I had to be positive. She sobbed into my shoulder and more than anything I wanted to tell her everything was going to be fine. We’re going to be okay. But I knew I couldn’t lie to her….

“Baby…..please be str-stong.” My lips trembled and I busted into tears. The sounds of the engines were deafening and could feel my hearing failing. This is it. This is the end. I squeezed tighter and closed my eyes and waited. I didn’t wait long. The very top of the plane flew off and hundreds of people holding on began to be sucked out. Christy was one of them.

“Noooo!’’ I screamed out, grabbing her arms.

“Aaron, please don’t let me go!!!!!!!!!” I cried out, feeling her grip slip from my hands.

“Just hold on, baby!!! Hold on!!” Tears blurred my vision. I couldn’t see her anymore. I couldn’t even feel her anymore. I grabbed only air. She was gone. I was gone. Everything went black as the plane struck the ground………

*******

I gasped loudly and opened my eyes. My breathed short jagged breaths. Tears and sweat soaked my nightgown and the bed. I looked around the room and started to cry. This is not the place I wanted to end up in.

“Christy….”

Chapter 1 - It's a Fatal Reality by Babyg

 FATAL REALITY --- CHAPTER 1

 

At the front desk, a nurse name Marissa Miller wrote down important information about the patients at San Diego Hospital. She was suddenly interrupted by loud shrill cry. She gasped loudly, covering her chest with her free hand. She shot out of her chair and ran down the hallway, along with two other doctors. They reached room 12 where the cries and screams were coming from. They raced inside and ran to their patients bedside.

“I’M SO SORRY!!!!! I PROMISED I WOULDN’T LET GO!!!! NOOO!!! DON’T TAKE HER!!!!” The patient screamed loudly. That patient was Aaron. Marissa put her hands on Aaron’s shoulders and tried to calm him down.

“Aaron, I need you to calm down for me!!!”

“NOOO!!!! I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M SORRY I LET GO!!!!!” Aaron sobbed hard and moved around wildly. Tears started to build up in Marissa’s eyes. She had cared for Aaron since the day he was emitted almost a year ago. He continued to have nightmares about the accident. He would barely eat or drink anything for her at times. Sometimes he does pretty good. She likes to strike up conversations with him, even though he doesn’t talk back she knows he listens. All Aaron does is stare at the wall or sit in his wheel chair and stare out the window. Marissa would even push him around outside in the hospital’s garden and let him see the flowers and get some fresh air.

“Restrain him.” Doctor Miller told one of the nurses beside him. The nurse obeyed and restrained him. Aaron suddenly fell quiet. He mumbled on and shook. His eyes were wide and Marissa could tell that he was scared. Doctor Miller motioned everyone out. Marissa didn’t want to go but she obeyed and walked out of room 12. Doctor Miller stopped just outside of the door and turned toward Marissa.

“This is getting out of hand, Marissa.” Doctor Miller said firmly.

Marissa swallowed hard, “I’m aware of that.”

“I’m thinking about releasing him and sending him to Saint Johns Institution.”

Marissa’s eyes widened, “But-but that’s a mental institution. Aaron’s not insane. He’s just….he’s just traumatized that’s all.”

“Aaron has been here for almost a year now and he hasn’t gotten any better. As a matter of fact he’s gotten worse.”

“Jack, I want you to trust me that I can take care of him.”

Jack raised his eyes brows, “Marissa, he’s own family can’t snap him out of his hell he’s living. Angel is over here everyday for hours on end, trying to talk to him and all he does is look out that window. What makes you think you can take care of him.”

“I’m scared that I can’t. But let me try. He just needs some time.”

“He’s had all the time in the world and if you don’t straighten him out I will send him to Saint Johns and have them deal with him.”

“You are not sending him anywhere expect home!” Marissa hissed, on the verge of tears, “That’s where he really belongs. You don’t send traumatized patients to a mental initiation. What the hell is wrong with you, Jack. Do you realize what he lost?”

Jack sighed and grabbed her arms gently, “Yes I do. And I’m sorry I’m being such an asshole about it. I’m tired, I’m over worked and I’m scared we’re going to loose him. So you do all you can. I’ll you see you at home.” Jack bent down and kissed her on the cheek. Marissa sighed and turned toward the window looking into Aaron’s room.

“It’s a fatal reality baby. But you can do it. You can do it.”

Chapter 2 - Untitled by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Sorry this is a short chapter.

Later that night, Marissa arrives home. She sits her purse on the table and pushes the message button on her telephone. Just opened up the cabinet and got herself a glass of water as she listened to the messages that were left for her.

“Marissa, it’s mom. I guess you’re still at work. You’re such a busy little bee. Have you made up you’re mind about our mother and daughter trip to New York? You need to get out hunnie. Call me when ever you have the chance. I love you darling. Bye.” Marissa sighed and turned off the answering machine. Her mother wanted to take her to New York City for a mother and daughter outing. It’s really exactly what Marissa needs. To get away from work and from the city. She’s been working non stop since Jerry died and barely left the city for anything. Her mother didn’t think it was too healthy for her so that’s why she planned the trip. Marissa sat down at the table, resting her chin on the palm of her hand. She really wanted to go on that trip, after all she really needs a vacation. She knew Jack wouldn’t mind, he was the one who persuaded her to go in the first place. Marissa knew now would be the worst time to go away. Especially the condition Aaron is in. She said she was going to take care of him and that’s what she’s going to do. She knew how Aaron felt and the hell he must be facing. Losing someone you love is hard. Her son Jerry died in the exact same plane crash that Aaron’s fiancé Christy was killed in. She knew that was a huge reason why Aaron was so traumatized, because he actually saw her die, but Marissa thought there was something else. Something Aaron is keeping to himself. She never actually told him about Jerry. Marissa thought maybe she should tell him tomorrow about Jerry and maybe, just maybe, he’ll open up to her. Tell her what is really wrong. Marissa has always had strong faith in Aaron. She’s probably the oldest fan of his, being a ripe age of forty two years old. Aaron’s twin sister Angel comes by every day to see him and talk to him and tomorrow Marissa expected to see her again. Nick and the other girls come down ever so often to talk to him. Nick is upset about the whole situation that he doesn’t come as often as he used to. Right now Nick is overseas with the backstreet boys, touring for their new album which will be coming out pretty soon, so who knows how long it would be until Nick comes by and sees him again.

Sighing, Marissa stood up and walked toward her bedroom. Laying down on the bed she closed her eyes and let the darkness surround her.

Chapter 3 - Get Out by Babyg

 

 

The next morning, Marissa walked up to her desk and set her purse down. Then there was a knock at the door. She looked up and saw Amy, another nurse that works on the east wing, open the door and step in. Marissa smiled and picked up her clipboard.

“Good morning, Marissa.” Amy said politely.

“Good morning to you too, Amy.” Marissa smiled at her and walked out of her office. Amy followed suit.

“Um, I already faxed Aaron’s test results to Tampa General Hospital, in Tampa Bay so Dr. Harrison can look them over and decide if we should send Aaron to Tampa or not.” Amy told her. Marissa looked up from her clipboard and looked at her.

“Okay, thank you Amy.” Marissa began to walk away but turned back toward Amy.

“Um…..did anything happen to him during the night by any chance?”

Amy shook her head, “Shockingly no. I checked on him ever so often and he just remained the same.”

Marissa narrowed her eyes, “Um okay, that’s weird.” She walked over to the medicine room and pulled out a needle and some penicillin, “I’m going to go tend to him now, and see if he’ll wake up for me.”

Amy nodded, “Okay, well I’m just going to head out now.”

“Okay, drive safely.” Amy waved goodbye and left, “Oh Marissa!” Amy said, walking back into the room, “Jessica starts today on your wing. She’ll be helping you with Aaron.”

Marissa nodded, “Thank you, Amy.” Amy nodded and left as she was going to do so. Marissa grabbed her needle and some gauze and headed toward Aaron’s room. She peered into his window and slowly opened the door. She walked up to him and saw that he was staring at the ceiling. She smiled and sat down on the bed.

“Hey, sweetie. Are you feeling better today?” She said, running her fingers through his hair. Aaron stayed silent. Marissa got up and opened the blinds to let the sunshine in.

“It’s a beautiful day today. Maybe I’ll take you out into the garden. Would you like that?” Still he was silent. Marissa sighed and gently gave him his daily shot. There was a knock at the door. Marissa got up quickly and answered it.

“Breakfast time.” Darla, the lunch lady said, standing there with a trey of hot cereal in her hand. Marissa took the trey and thanked her.

“Breakfast is here, hunnie. “ She said the trey down and lifted Aaron up so he was sitting up. Marissa scooped up a little bit of oatmeal in her spoon and lifted it up to Aaron’s lips. She didn’t try to force it in his mouth or anything, she just set it near his lips, hoping he’ll open his mouth so she can feed him. Aaron did nothing of the sort.

“Come on baby, eat something for me please.” She pleaded. Still he didn’t move. Marissa put the spoon down and picked up a couple of eggs and tried to feed him that. Nothing. She sighed and put the fork down. Aaron sighed heavily and closed his eyes. The medicine was kicking in. Marissa got up and laid Aaron back down and pulled the covers up to his chin. She squeezed his hand and left.

*****

Marissa walked into the nurses station and poured herself a cup of coffee. She took a sip and breathed in its sweet smell. Jack walked in behind her and poured himself a cup also. Jack stole a glance at his wife before taking a sip of his coffee.

“How is he?” Marissa flinched at his sudden voice. She shook her thought away and sat down.

“He’s resting.” She answered.

Jack nodded, “Isn’t Jessica starting today?”

“Yes.” She said quietly.

“And she’ll be helping you with Aaron?”

Marissa took another sip of her coffee and sat it down on the table, “Yes, Jack. She’ll be helping me.”

“Does she know about him?’’

“Of course I told her he was here.”

Jack raised his eyebrows, “But does she know how bad he is?”

Marissa bit her lip and hesitated for a bit, “Well, I haven’t told her every single detail of what he goes through sometimes, but I’ll tell her today, so she can help as well.” Jack sighed and pulled out some papers from his brief case.

“Marissa, I’ve been thinking lately. I really don’t think you can save, Aaron. I mean he’s pretty much gone. I don’t think you can bring him back.”

Marissa shrugged, “He’s not gone yet. Oh and by the way, Angel will be here around one, so I’ll need help sitting him up in his wheelchair since Jessica won’t be here until 6 tonight.”

Jack sighed heavily and put the papers he was thumbing through back into his briefcase, “Alright. But honestly……I think Angel is wasting her time.”

Marissa rolled her eyes, “I’m not the one you should be telling.”

“Your right! I guess I’ll see Angel at one.” Jack grinned, walking out of the station. Tears sprung to Marissa eyes. She took a shaky breath and rested her face in her hands and lets the tears escape.

**********

After awhile Marissa finally stood up, drying her eyes with the sleeve of her uniform. Donna, another nurse walked into the station. Marissa tried to avoid eye contact with her so she wouldn’t see that she had been crying. But Donna noticed.

“Mar, are you okay?” Donna asked walking up to her and putting her arm around her. Marissa took a deep breath, grabbing her water bottle and taking a sip out of it. She took a deep breath and finally turned to Donna.

“I will be.” She sighed and sat on a bar stool. She shook her head, feeling the tears coming on again. “I just understand that man. Donna, if you were me would you want to help Aaron anyway you could?”

“Of course I would. I’m not that heartless like some people…..” Donna trailed off when she looked a upon Marissa’s face, “Oh honey, I’m sorry.” She apologized. Marissa shook her head and held up her hand.

“Don’t be sorry, Donna. It’s okay. I know Jack cares. He cared when Aaron first came to the hospital. He’s just stressed out that’s all. I don’t really think he means it….” She trailed off and looked away. Donna kissed the top of her head. Doctor Thomas peeked his head through the door a couple of seconds later.

“Angel is here.” He told Marissa. Marissa looked at her watch.

“She’s here already here?!” Marissa said, wide eyed, “She wasn’t supposed to be here until one. At least that’s what her mother told me. Where is she?”

“She’s out in the lobby.” Doctor Thomas said, nodding toward the lobby. Marissa nodded and took a drink of her water.

“Donna, can you and Doctor Thomas help Aaron into his wheel chair, please, while I go talk to Angel?”

Donna nodded, “Sure thing, Marissa.”

“Will do.” Doctor Thomas nodded as well and they took off down to Aaron’s room. Marissa walked out into the lobby and greeted Angel with a warm smile. Angel was seated on one of the leather couches with a magazine in her hand.

“Marissa, hi.” Angel greeted her politely. Marissa wrapped her arms around the young woman and smoothed out her hair with her hand.

“How are you sweetie?”

“I’ve been pretty good. How are you Mar?” Marissa took a breath, taking Angel’s arm and leading her down the hall toward Aaron’s room.

“I’ve been struggling a lot. Mainly with stress at work. Trying to get Aaron to respond more to me and Jack is just…..he just doesn’t care anymore. He wants me to stop trying to help your brother, Angel.” Angel stopped and turned toward her, disappointment in her eyes.

“Why is that?”

Marissa shrugged, “I don’t know sweetie. I really don’t know.”

“Marissa, you can’t give up on him. I’m not going to and neither should you.” Angel told her, grabbed her soft hands in hers. Marissa smiled weakly at her.

“Angel I will never give up on your brother. I will give my arm and maybe a leg for him and you know that,” Angel nodded. “Angel, if Jack talks to you about wasting your time coming down here, don’t listen to him. Go in there and visit Aaron before Jack can have a chance to talk to you. I’ll have a talk with Jack later.”

“Okay, but Marissa, did anything happen to him over night?”

“He did have another nightmare, followed by another episode around eight last night. He was fine and sleeping like a baby the night after that. But he refused to eat breakfast this morning.” Angel nodded and grabbed the door hand leading into Aaron’s room.

“Thanks Marissa.” Angel said, giving her a small smile. Marissa rubbed her shoulder, turned and walked back toward the station. Angel took a deep breath and slowly walked into the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

Aaron sat in his wheelchair, staring out of the window as he did everyday, when Angel came by to see him. He sat as still as a statue, his eyes blank. Angel gently placed her hand on top of his and bent down to his level.

“Hi, Aaron.” She kissed his hand and ran her fingers through the tips of his long shaggy blond hair.

“How are you doing today?” Angel knew deep down that he wanted to answer her but she also knew he couldn’t. She said beside him for quite awhile before talking to him again.

“I love you, Aaron. And I know you know that. But it’s going to be okay, honey. You will get through this. You’re strong and wise. I have faith in you and I know you have faith in yourself as well. You just need to find it. Christy, she…..” Angel trailed, knowing every time she mentions Christy’s name in front of Aaron, he’ll end up going crazy. But he didn’t move. Angel continued.

“She’s in a very special place……” Angel stopped short when she noticed that Aaron’s jaw tightened. Uh oh. ‘Tell him something else, Angel.’ Angel thought to herself.

“Angel.” Angel’s eyes popped opened when she could have sworn she heard her name. She slowly looked up and glanced up at her twin brother. Aaron was actually looking at her. Angel swallowed hard and held Aaron’s hand tightly.

“Aaron….did you just say my name?” She whispered, hopefully to get an answer to tell her that she didn’t imagine it. Aaron held his gaze, the same gaze he always portrays. But then something changed. His expression turned cold and dark. To Angel it seemed like his eyes darkened all of a sudden. Angel gasped loudly when Aaron yanked his hand away.

“How can you lie to me?” Aaron told her, his voice cold and scratchy. Angel’s eyes widened. She sank back a little ways from the wheel chair.

“Aaron…..what are you talking about?” Angel could feel her heart starting to break. She was confused on why he would say something like that.

“Why can’t you just tell me the truth for once in your life? Telling me that everything is going to be okay. What bullshit! The truth is that everything is not going to be okay!” Aaron said, his eyes blaring. Angel stood up and sat on the bed.

“I don’t understand.”

Aaron snorted, “You never do! You don’t understand what I have been through !”

“Aaron, yes I do----”

“You do?! You do?!?! The hell you do! You were not on that plane Angel! You did not see everyone die right before your eyes and scared to death of dying yourself! You didn’t get to see Christy die right in front of you, but I did!!! I told her I wasn’t going to let her go, but I did! I let her go, Angel!! I promised her!!! And now you’re sitting there telling me that you understand?! God Dammit, Angel, don’t fucking lie to me!!!!!” Aaron sobbed hard, letting his agony and the anger all out. Angel choked back a sob and reached for me. Aaron swung his hand down and slapped her hand away, hard. Angel gasped when he did. She lifted it up and rubbed her hand, tears releasing from her eyes.

“Aaron, please….” She pleaded for him to just listen to her.

“Just leave, Angel.” He said, he gaze hard as a rock.

“Please, just listen to me---”

“Did I fucking stutter? I said leave! Get out! GET OUT!!!!!!!” He screamed, grabbing her by the arm and pulled her off the bed. Angel shrieked and pulled away from him, “Don’t you ever come back, Angel. Just leave me alone!!!” Angel stumbled toward the door, sobs escaping from her lips. When she got the door she turned back.

“I love you.” She whispered. Aaron’s jaw tightened.

“Get……..out.” He gritted between his teeth. Angel turned and quickly walked out of the door. She walked swiftly down the hall, her head down so no one can see her tears. As she neared the entrance, she heard someone running up behind her. Someone grabbed her and turned her around.

“Angel, what’s the matter?” Angel looked up and stared at Marissa. Marissa gasped when she saw Angel’s tear stained face.

“Jesus, Angel what happened? Tell me baby? Is Aaron okay?”

Angel swallowed hard, “No, he isn’t.”

“What happened?”

“Maybe I am wasting my time coming down here, Mar.” Angel said, her voice cracking. Marissa searched Angels eyes for something else than that.

“Oh no. No don’t say that sweetie. Aaron will come around. Just have faith.”

Angel shook her head, “Marissa…..Aaron spoke to me.”

Marissa’s eyes widened, ‘’Really, what did he say?” She said, smiling from ear to ear.

“Nothing good.” Marissa smile faded almost immediately when she said that.

“What do you mean?”

“He blames himself for Christy’s death. And he told me to get out and so I am. I’m not going to come back for a couple of days, so I can let him cool off. But I want you to call me if anything happens to him.”

Marissa swallowed back the her tears and nodded. Angel gave her a weak smile and started out the door. She stopped and turned back to her.

“Oh Marissa, next time you tell Aaron that everything is going to be okay. All you’re going to be doing is lying to him. Don’t lie to him, tell the truth. Even if it’s not the truth to you.” Marissa took a deep breath and nodded slowly. With that Angel turned and walked out of the hospital. Marissa stood there by the entrance dumbfounded and jittery, staring after her, Angel’s words playing over in her head.

Chapter 4 - You Look just like her by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Hey you guys I finally got another chapter up. It took me all day to write this chapter! Hope you enjoy! Please R&R!

 

 CHAPTER FOUR----FATAL REALITY

 

Sitting quietly in her office, Marissa drummed her fingers on her desk deep in thought. Angel’s words danced around in her head, ‘Don’t tell him everything is going to be okay. You’ll only be lying to him. Tell him the truth.’

Marissa frowned, “Everything will be okay. It has to be. ” She told herself. She thought about going to talk to Aaron about it but she decided not to. He would probably jump her too. A tapping at the door pulled her away from her thoughts.

Marissa cleared her throat, “Come in.” The door opened and a young woman around eighteen poked her head in.

“Hi Aunt Mar.” She greeted her with a smile. Marissa smiled and stood up. She walked up to the young girl and wrapped her arms around her tightly.

“Oh Jessica. I’m so glad you’re here.” Marissa said, pulling away from her niece.

Jessica frowned, “Are you okay? You look really stressed out. Work?” Marissa took a deep breath and told Jessica to take a seat.

“No not work. A patient.” She answered, rubbing her hands together nervously.

“Oh?”

“It’s someone that you’ll be helping me with. That’s why I hired you.”

“Who is it?”

“Marissa rubbed her eyes tiredly, “I think you know.” Jessica’s eyes widened. She quickly looked down at her lap.

“Aaron.” She answered quietly.

Marissa nodded, “Yes.”

“He’s worse than you said he was isn’t he?” Marissa sighed, turning her head away.

“Jessica, I didn’t want you do worry.” She whispered, her eyes facing downward.

“Is it life threatening?”

Marissa’s head shot up and she frowned at her niece, “What? Oh no sweetheart, it’s not like that anymore. Aaron is physically okay. But not emotionally or…..mentally either.”

Jessica’s breath caught in her throat, “Mentally?” Marissa raised over to Jessica and grabbed her hands in hers.

“Jessica listen to me. I am not going to give up on him. I know there’s still a part of him in there somewhere inside his heart. And I am not going to rest until I know he’s going to be okay, but Jessica….I can’t do this alone. I need your help. I can’t lose him. We have to get him out of this hell he is living and we got to do it fast.” Marissa tucked a strand of hair behind Jessica’s ear and whipped a single tear away.

“Can you do that for me please.”

Jessica sniffed, “Aunt Mar, I wouldn’t have signed up for this job if I wasn’t going to help you. Of course I will.”

Marissa nodded and took her hand, “Alright. Come on.” Jessica excepted her aunts hand and walked down the hall with her. Down the hall, Jack stood staring into Aarons room.

“Jack?” Marissa sighed stopping short in beside her husband.

“What?” Jack quickly answered. He glanced at her, but his expression soften when he saw Jessica, “Hey sweetheart. “ Jack leaned down and kissed her on the cheek and gave her a small hug.

“Hey Uncle Jack.”

“You’ve gotten so beautiful. It’s been so long since the last time I saw you.”

“I know, too long. So how’s work for you?”

“Oh you know, stress, stress, and more stress.” Jack said chuckling a bit. He kissed Jessica sweetly on the head, “I have to get back to work. Good luck and I’ll see you.”

“Okay.” Jessica smiled.

Jack looked at Marissa and gave her a small nod, “Marissa.” He coolly greeted her while walking off toward his office. Jessica frowned at her Uncle Jacks reaction to Mar. She was so used to seeing them together and happy. Jessica put her hand on Marissa’s arm.

“Aunt Mar?” Jessica said with uncertainty.

“Yes, sweetie?”

Jessica licked her lips, “Are you and Uncle Jack….okay?”

Marissa gave her small smile, “Oh you don’t have to worry about us, Jess. It’s just work and stress that’s putting a little strain on us. It’s nothing to worry about. We’ll be fine, I promise.” Jessica nodded and looked through the window. She smiled softly to herself, seeing Aaron sleeping peacefully in his bed.

“Why don’t you go on in and get used to his room. You’re going to be in there a lot.” Jessica silently chuckled to herself and stepped in before turning back to Marissa.

“Aren’t you coming in too?”

“I have to run back to my office real fast. I’ll join you here in a few minutes.” Marissa told her. Jessica nodded and quietly slipped into the room. Whipping her sweaty palms on her jeans, Jessica silently sat down on the edge of the bed and gently laid her hand on top of his. Jessica flinched when Aaron suddenly opened his eyes. She sucked in a short breath as she looked down at him. Aaron didn’t seem like he was actually looking at her, but through her. Jessica suddenly felt uneasy and uncomfortable. Aaron stared at her, like she made out of nothing. Nothing what’s so ever. To Jessica his eyes weren’t even there. They were blank and lifeless. Just then it seemed like his eyes took on a life of it’s own. Watery mist began to cover his eyes. Jessica swallowed hard and touched his finger tips to his cheek and leaned in closer to him.

“Please don’t cry.” As she spoke, more tears formed in his eyes, until one tear finally slipped from his eye. Aaron suddenly grabbed Jessica’s arm, forming a death grip on her. Jessica’s breathing picked up. Her chest feeling heavy with every breath she took.

“Christy.” Aaron whispered, his voice hoarse. Jessica frowned and straightened up just a bit.

“Huh?”

“Christy….baby…..” Aaron cupped her cheek, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

“Um….my name’s Jessica Miller, sweetie. I’m Marissa’s niece.” Grabbing her other arm, Aaron pulled her down closer.

“I thought I lost you baby. The fire, the tears…the fear…..it wasn’t real. It was just a dream. Cause you’re here with me now. We can get married and have as may kids as you want. I knew this was all a nightmare. You’re alive.” Jessica stared at him, shivering. She licked her chapped lips and tried to find her voice.

“Um….I think you’re confusing me with somebody else.” Jessica cried. Aaron gave a small laugh and a smile, fresh tears falling down his face.

“Oh Christy, I love you so much, “He sobbed. “I would’ve died if you left me.” Jessica finally had enough strength to pull herself out of Aaron’s arms. What happened next, Jessica wished she never moved.

“No! Christy don’t go! Please don’t let me go! I promised not to let you go! Don’t let go of me!” He screamed and sobbed. Jessica didn’t know what to do, she was paralyzed in fear. She watched helplessly as Aaron screamed, sobbed and clawed at his bed. Marissa ran blindly into the room along with two other nurses. Marissa jumped on the bed trying her best to pin him down.

“Jessica, what the hell just happened?!” She shot at her. Jessica stayed silent, still in shock.

“Marissa we got him under control! Take her outside!” Julie told Marissa. Marissa loosened her grip on Aaron but she held her ground.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes go!” Marissa shot off the bed, grabbed Jessica and dragged her out of the room. Once out in the hall, Jessica finally snapped back to reality.

“What happened, Jess? What happened in there?” Marissa asked in a panic, grabbing Jessica’s shoulders tightly.

“Aunt Mar….who’s Christy?”

Marissa sucked in a breath and let her hands fall down to her sides, “Why do you want to know about Christy?”

“When Aaron saw me, he called me Christy. Who is she?”

Marissa sighed, “Jess…Christy is Aaron’s…….Christy was Aaron’s fiancée. She’s dead.” Jessica’s eyes widened, “She died in that plane crash.”

“Then why does he think I’m her?”

Marissa sighed and grabbed her hands and held them, “Christy was really beautiful. Rich Dark Brown hair, piercing hazel eyes, perfect smile. Jessica…..you look exactly like her………”

Chapter 5 - Why Not the Truth? by Babyg
Author's Notes:

This chapter is short. I'm sorry about that.

 

FYI: The next chapter won't be up tonight like I promised it would be. Today is my birthday and I'm really busy. I started to type of the chapter like half an hour ago and let me tell ya it is looong. Im leaving here in thirty minutes so it won't be up until tomorrow.

Jessica froze. Her mouth suddenly felt dry like sand paper. A shiver ran down her spine. With difficulty she licked her lips.

“W….what?” What do you mean I look exactly like her.” Jessica managed to choke out.

Marissa sighed, “You just reminded him of her that’s all, hunnie.”

“Aunt Mar, I don’t think me working here is going to work out when Aaron thinks I’m Christy and freaks out every time he sees me.”

“Jess, I know it’s going to be hard but trust me I am determined to help him and I’m going to go do that right now.”

Jessica put her hand up, “Aaron has been here for over a year, how can you be sure you can snap him out of it in just one day? You’ve been trying to do it forever.”

“Because there’s something I haven’t told him and it has to do with Jerry.” Marissa rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“What does this have to do with Jerry? He died in a car accident.”

Marissa shook her head, “No he didn’t. He died in that plane crash. Aaron has to know I know how he feels and what he is struggling with. I have to let him know it’s okay to be afraid. That it’s okay to hurt. I want him know that it is not okay for him to blame himself for Christy’s death and that you can’t save everybody, especially in a horrific accident as that was . You can try to save them. What he needs to understand is that atleast he tried, instead of sitting back and watching her die without doing anything to try to save her.“ Marissa whipped the tears that have fallen down her face.

“Aunt Mar, why didn’t you just tell me truth about Jerry? Why make up the car accident story?” Jessica asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ask your uncle. “ Marissa plainly said, “Jessica why don’t you take a break. Go get to know the other nurses. I’m going to go talk to my patent and I hope this information will break him out of his hell.”

“Probably only halfway, Aunt Mar. “

“Right.” Marissa nodded and slipped into Aaron’s room. She turned back to Jessica, her eyes tired and sad, “ Please don’t give up, I can’t do this by myself.” Jessica reached for her aunt’s hand and squeezed it gently.

“I won’t, I promise. I love him too you know.” Marissa nodded in agreement and slowly closed the door.

 

Chapter 6 - I Want To Get Better by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! Don't forget to review!! :)

Jessica walked into the nurses station and sat down at the counter. Julie then walked in and smiled when she saw her.

“Why hello, Jessica.”

“Is Aaron okay?” Jessica quickly asked. Julie looked at her softly.

“He’s okay, hunnie. He doesn’t remember anything that happened.”

Jessica sighed, “Yeah well I do.”

Julie sat down beside her, “Don’t feel bad, Jess. He’ll be okay. He has to be. It might take a little bit mare time, but I sure hope he gets better.”

“Me too, but I feel like I can’t be around him because when he looks at me he thinks I’m Christy and he freaks out. I just wish he could meet me and know that. I want him to know who I am. I want him to let me help him too. And right now I’m scared I can’t.” Julie smiled and smoothed out Jessica’s hair.

“He will, hunnie. You just have to give him time.”

“What if we can’t help him? What if it’s just a waste of time?” Jessica sighed.

“You can’t think like that, Jessica.” Julie told her, “This sort of thing happens all the time. Kids going though a deep depression, denial. Some of them meet their fate but the ones that survive realized that there are people out there, people who care so much about them, and people who will not leave them be when they want to be left alone. Those are the people that help those kids want to see a new day. And you and Marissa are that reason. You can’t be scared to go up there and hold his hand, Jessica. You can’t be afraid to talk to him and even if he does freak out on you, you have to take control. Make him understand, help him understand why he’s here. Why he’s in this situation and help him understand why he wasn’t meant to save Christy. If he was meant to….he would have.” Julie explained. Jessica swallowed the huge lump in her throat.

Jessica nodded, “Aunt Mar is already in there doing that right now.”

Julie raised her eyebrows, “You want to go help her?”

“She wanted to see him alone. Something to do with Jerry.” She paused, ‘’Julie, did you know he died in that plane crash?”

Julie nodded, “Yes I did know that.”

Jessica narrowed her eyes, “You did?”

“Yeah. You didn’t?”

“I think Uncle Jack wanted me to think he died in a car crash.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. But I plan to find out.” Jessica said, leaning back in her chair. She felt her the heat rise up from her cheeks in anger. She didn’t understand why Jack couldn’t just tell her the truth in the first place. For over a year she had been lied to. She wondered if Jack told Marissa not to tell her the truth either. That’s why Marissa always told her it was a car accident. Jack obviously didn’t want her to know and Jessica is determined to figure out why.

“Jessica, there’s always a reason behind everything. Remember that.” Jessica nodded silently. Julie patted her on the shoulder and left the room, leaving Jessica to her thoughts.

------

Meanwhile in Aaron’s room, Marissa silently sat down on the edge of the bed and stared sadly at him. Aaron laid on his left side, his back to her. Marissa slipped in beside him, wrapping her arms around him, holding him close. Aaron’s body felt cold and she pressed more tightly up against him. She moved his hair away from his face and kissed his temple.

“Are you awake?” She whispered in his ear. Marissa felt him give her a small nod. Marissa took a deep breath and began, “I want you to listen carefully of what I have to tell you. I don’t want you to blow up at me like you did to Angel earlier. Just listen to me. Can you do that?” Aaron nodded, “Okay. Aaron what you are feeling right now, I understand. You have every right to feel heartbroken. But sweetie, you can’t blame yourself for what happened to Christy. If you were meant to save her, you would have. You just got to realize, is that you risked your life to try and save her in the first place. You didn’t just sit back and watch her die, you fought. And that proves that you loved her very much. You just to got understand that death is a part life and we all have to go sometime, even when it’s for the reason we don’t understand,” She paused, “Aaron, I haven’t told you this and I wish I told you this sooner. My son who was only nineteen at the time died in that accident also. I was just like you, I thought I wouldn’t survive it. But after awhile I realized that life is still out there. Waiting for me to take on something else. Something that allows me to want to see a new day. You can’t spend the rest of your life blaming yourself. You got to be strong. You got to have faith in yourself that you can make it to tomorrow. To live another day. It will be okay, baby. You’ve got to have faith in that. Just give it time.” By that time Aaron was sobbing. Marissa gave him little kisses on his soaked cheek. Aaron turned around in her arms and embraced her. Marissa stroked his hair as sobs took over his body.

“I want to get better. But I just don’t know what to do.” Aaron cried hard, “I miss her so much.”

“I know, baby. I know.”

“Mar, I don’t like it here. I want to go home….” Aaron whispered. His sobs finally desisted, but the tears kept coming. Marissa didn’t say anything else. She gently pulled herself away from him and laid him down. She pulled the blankets up to his chin and kissed his forehead.

“I’ll be right back.” Aaron nodded, closing his eyes and drifting to sleep. Marissa pulled herself off of the bed and walked to the door.

“Who is she?” Aaron asked. Marissa turned, her hand on the door knob.

“Who?”

“That girl that came in here earlier. Who is she?”

Marissa took a deep breath, “That would be my niece, Jessica.”

“She reminded me a lot of Christy. “ Aaron told her.

Marissa nodded, “I know. But remember she isn’t. She’s just Jessica.” Aaron nodded. Marissa smiled and walked out into the hall.

“I know what to do.” She said, making sure the door was shut all the way.

“Hey Julie. Hey sweetie.” Marissa greeted Julie and Jessica, when she walked into the nurses station.

“Hey.” They said in unision. Marissa grabbed a pen and a sheet attached to a clipboard and started to feel the sheet out.

“What are you doing, Mar?” Julie asked, sipping her water.

“I am…..releasing Aaron.” Marissa told her without no hesitation. Both Julie and Jessica whipped their head around and looked at her.

“What??”

Marissa raised her eyebrows, but kept her head down, “Did I studder?”

Julie put her water down, “I’m sorry, Mar but I don’t think he is well enough to go home yet.”

“Julie, he wants to go home. And he’s not going to his home, he’s going home with me. Which reminds me to tell Kim to give me a vacation. I don’t know for how long it will be. Just long enough for Aaron to get better. I know it’s short notice and that she’ll be pissed but hey that’s her problem. I’ll be on call if any of you truly truly need me. If it’s absolutely mandatory. If you need someone to work for you, call some else.” Marissa told Juile.

“I’m pretty sure Kim will understand. I’ll talk to her for you.” Marissa nodded.

“I’m going to go get Aarons things together, give him a bath and have Gail cut his hair later. He’ll be released first thing in the morning tomorrow.” Julie nodded, grabbing the phone to call their boss, Kim. Marissa squeezed Jessica’s shoulders, “Are you ready to do this?”

Jessica took a deep breath and shrugged, “As ready as I’m ever going to be.”

Marissa smiled, “We can do this. Every things going to be fine.”

Jessica nodded, “I hope so.”

“Don’t worry. “ Marissa winked at her and made her way back to Aaron’s room, thinking if this is the best way to help him.

Chapter 7 - Out of the Hospital by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Here's the next chapter

R&R!

Enjoy

 

Chapter 7   FATAL REALITY 

Marissa pulled her white SUV into the winding driveway in front of her house. She took off her seat belt and removed her keys from the ignition.

“Get Aarons bags please.” Marissa told Jessica. Jessica nodded and stepped out of the car. She grabbed his bags and continued on into the house. Marissa opened the door on Aarons side. She smiled to herself. Aaron rested his head comfortably on the back of the seat, his eyes closed. Marissa ran her fingertips over his baby soft face. Aaron opened his eyes lazily and gazed up at her.

“We’re here.” Marissa smiled, putting her arm underneath his. She snapped off his seatbelt and helped him out of the car. Aaron slid his arm around her waist and held on tightly. She led him slowly up the steps and into the house.

“Are you tired, sweetie? You want to take a nap before dinner?” Aaron didn’t say anything. His answer was just a nod of his head.

“Okay.” Marissa smiled and led him to the room that was now his. She pulled back the covers and laid him down, pulling the covers up to his chin, “It feels nice to sleep in a real bed, other than a hospital bed huh?”

Aaron blinked, “Mhmm.” He sighed and snuggled deeper into the covers. Marissa chuckled and kissed his forehead, before heading out of the room.

*******

Marissa dragged herself into the kitchen and flopped down at the bar. She groaned, letting her head fall into the counter. Jessica who was in the kitchen at the time, sensed her aunts worries. She poured her a cold glass of lemonade and slid it over to her. Marissa lifted up her head, feeling the coldness of the drink that was by her head.

“Thank you.” She took the drink in her hand and took a little sip.

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asked putting her arm around Marissa’s shoulders. She sighed heavily and laid her head back down.

“I just remembered something….”

“What?”

“Jack….is going to kill me.”

**

Meanwhile back at the hospital, Jack sat at the front desk doing paper work. He laid down his pen and leaned back in his chair, stretching.

“Coleman.” Jack called to Dr. Keith Coleman. Keith looked up from his paperwork and peered at him over the rim of his glasses.

“Yeah Jack?”

“I need you to fetch Marissa for me. I’m a little busy at the moment.” Jack told him. Keith raised an eyebrow. ‘And I’m not?’ Keith thought to himself. Keith never really liked Jack and who even does? He’s too demanding, and he treats Marissa like shit. All that Keith thought was that Marissa deserved a hell of a lot better. Julie walked over then and stood by the counter.

“Never mind, Julie can do it.” Jack said before Keith could say anything.

Julie narrowed her eyes, “I can do what?”

“Go get Marissa for me.”

“What for?”

Jack sighed heavily and glanced at her, “Because I need to talk to her.” He said, bitterly. Julie shifted, avoiding eye contact.

“If you want to talk to her call her. She’s at home.” Julie told him. It was Jacks turn to narrow his eyes this time

“Why the hell is she at home? Marissa doesn’t get a day off unless she’s in her death bed!”

Julie sighed, “She’s taking a vacation, Jack.”

Jack started to see red. He slammed down his clipboard and stood up, “Vacation?! There is no vacation for her. She devoted her time to that….damn Carter kid! She’s supposed to be taking care of him!”

“Jack, she is.” Julie said, calmly.

“Oh yeah, then were is she?”

“Aaron’s with her. She released him this morning.”

Jack shook his head, “Yeah well, if she thinks she’s going to take care of that traumatized suicidal son of a bitch in my home, she has something else coming.” He hissed. Julie and Keith kept their mouth shut after that. They were hoping that Jack would just drop it, if they didn’t say anything. Julies heart leaped into her throat when she saw Jack looking at her.

“He’s at the house isn’t he?”

Julie bit her lip, “Where is he supposed to go?” Julie could have cowered away from him in a split second if her legs would move. The look in Jacks eyes scared the shit out of her. He looked like he was getting ready to have an aneurism. His face was as red as a tomato.

“DR. COLEMAN, DR MILLER TO TRAUMA ROOM ONE NOW!! DR COLEMAN, DR MILLER TO TRAUMA ROOM ONE!!!” A loud voice called over the intercom. Julie raised her eyebrows at Jack and quickly departed before he could protest. Keith sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

“Duty calls Doctor.” Keith grinned and jogged down to Trauma room one. Jack slammed his fist on the counter in complete anger.

“Goddammit.” He gritted through his teeth and jogged after Keith. Keith was right though….duty calls. Jack decided he would deal with Marissa when he got home, no matter what the time was.

Chapter 8 - He's Not Our Son! by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Here's the next chapter enjoy!

Don't forget to review please! :D

Jessica opened the door to Aarons room. She peeked inside and gazed upon Aarons sleeping figure. She took a step back when Aaron suddenly shifted, rolling onto his back. She smiled to herself, as Aaron slowly opened his eyes. He lifted up his head and looked at her.

“Hey.” She managed to say, despite the sound of her heart pounding in her ears.

“Hi…..” Aaron whispered, pulling the covers down just a tad. Jessica let out the breath she was holding. She bit her lip and quietly stepped into the room. She made sure the door was open just ajar, before she moved nervously toward him.

“You can relax, Jess.” Aaron chuckled. Jessica jumped at the sound of his voice. She sighed in relief and sat down on the bed beside him.

“Just making sure….”

Aaron silently nodded, “I’m so sorry about that.” Jessica smiled and took his hand in hers.

“Don’t be. It’s completely understandable.” Aaron nodded sadly and turned his face away from her. Jessica leaned down and kissed his cheek sweetly, “Dinner ready.” She whispered in his ear.

“K…” He turned back around and scooted closer to her. Feeling the warmness of her body made him feel a tad bit safer.

“I’m hungry.”

“Then lets go get some grub shall we.” Jessica laughed, grabbing his arm and helped him out of bed.

*******

Meanwhile downstairs, Marissa hummed to herself as she put the food on the table for dinner. She gasped in delight when she saw Jessica and Aaron enter the dining room. She walked up to Aaron and threw her arms around him in a tight embrace.

“You came. I was expecting you not to come down.”

“I’m hungry…” Aaron mumbled into her shoulder. Marissa laughed, pulling away from their hug.

“You can sit right here.” She said, patting the seat next to her, to her left. Aaron sat down in the chair, next to her. He glanced up at Jessica who was sitting across from him. Jessica smiled at him. He looked down at his hands and to his surprise his lips formed into a small smile

****

During dinner, the conversations were light. Aaron ate only his baked potato and hesitated on everything else. Marissa stood up and wrapped her arms around Aarons neck.

“Is that all you’re going to eat?”

“Mhm.” He answered. Marissa kissed his cheek.

“It’ll get better, baby. At least you’re not shut in like you were in that hell hole. I didn’t have the authority to release you when your injures were healed. Hell, I still don’t and I guarantee you I’m not going to hear the end of it.” Marissa chuckled a bit, “TV’s free if you want to join Jess in the living room. I’ll clean up here.” Aaron nodded, standing up slowly. He then took Jessica’s out stretched hand and walked into the living room with her. Once they were seated, Aaron immediately moved to the far side of the couch away from her. He pulled his knees up to his chest and buried himself deeper into his hoodie. Jessica felt worthless. How can she try to help him if he won’t even look at her? She knew that he knew she wasn’t Christy. Jessica wished that he can look at her and actually see her and nobody else.

“So…what do you want to watch?” Jessica whispered, watching him shrug his shoulders. She licked her lips and began flipping through channels. She stepped on one of the channels to find that ‘White Chicks’ is on. Jessica smiled to herself thinking a comedy would make him feel better.

“How bout White Chicks?”

“This is fine.” Aaron whispered. Jessica nodded to herself and put the remote down on the table beside the couch. She stood up and grabbed a blanket that was hanging over the love seat. She gently placed it over Aaron. She sat down next to him and took his hand tightly. Aaron didn’t pull away nor did he hold her hand back.

*******

Later that night, Marissa sat silently at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn’t hear the front door open and then slam shut. Her heart leaped into her throat when Jack suddenly charged into the kitchen, slamming his brief case on the counter and got into her face. Marissa shrunk back in fear and confusion.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” He hissed, his eyes blaring with pure anger. Marissa swallowed hard, suddenly feeling like she couldn’t breathe.

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about.” Jack forced himself away from her, yanking his jacket off.

“Tell me one good reason why you want to help Aaron, Marissa.”

Marissa narrowed her eyes, “Why not?”

Jacks eyes flickered and he suddenly started to laugh, “Why not?” Then his smile faded, “Why not?! He’s not even your kid!! He’s not our son! Our son is Jerry! We’re supposed to be taking care of Jerry, not him!” Marissa’s eyes started to water. The pain the lump in her throat was giving her gave her even more pain.

“Jerry’s dead, Jack.” She managed to say, only in a quiet whisper……

********

Jerking out of his deep slumber, Aaron tiredly opened his eyes and looked around the dark room. Realizing he was leaning into Jessica, with her arms wrapped around him, he quickly moved out of her hold, careful not to wake her. He sat back and stared upon her face. Her chest rose up and down at a steady pace. Aaron swallowed hard and squeezed his eyes shut to prevent the tears that he can feel start to form. He wanted to stop doing this. Every time he looks a Jessica, he see Christy. Deep down he wanted to see Jessica, but his mind was telling him that wouldn’t happen. Voice suddenly snapped him, out of his thoughts. Throwing the blanket over Jessica, he stood up and walked toward the kitchen where the angry voice was coming from. Seeing Jack yelling angrily at Marissa, he stayed hidden behind the wall and listened.

“……he’s not even your kid!! He’s not our son! Our son is Jerry! We’re supposed to be taking care of Jerry, not him!”

“Jerry’s dead, Jack.”

“That is my God Damn point! Stop trying to replace him!”

Marissa’s face fell, “Excuse me?!” She stood up angrily, “How dare you excuse me of such a thing! I could never ever replace Jerry!”

Jack laughed bitterly, “Seems like your doing a damn good job right now.” Marissa ran her shaky hands through her hair, tears slipping down her cheeks.

“Christ Jack…..I loved Jerry with every fiber of my body. How can I even think about replacing him. He’s irreplaceable….” She sobbed. Jack shook his head, his hands on his hips, “Jack I became a nurse because so I can save peoples lives. It’s the same reason why you became a doctor. To try to save a life. Please let me save him.” She pleaded. Jack sighed and turned to her.

“Marissa stop lying to yourself. You don’t want to except the face that Aaron survived that plane crash and Jerry didn’t. You look at Aaron and you see him as Jerry.”

Marissa shook her head, “No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.” Jack said quietly. Marissa let her face fall into her hands, as she continued to cry.

“Answer this question for me. If both Aaron and Jerry would have survived, who would you chose?”

“That’s not fair….”

“Answer the question.” He interrupted. Marissa took a deep breath and crossed her arms tightly across her chest.

“Jerry.” She answered.

Jack nodded, “Would you even think about trying to save Aaron also?”

Marissa didn’t hesitate, “Yes.”

Jack raised his eyebrows, “You would? As hard as you’re trying right now?”

Marissa cried harder, “Okay, you can stop now.”

“Why? Because you know I’m right?”

Marissa then glared at him, “You’re not right and I’m going to prove it.”

***

Back in the hallway, Aaron has had enough. He quietly sprinted upstairs. He jumped on his bed and started to cry, “Jack’s right. He’s right.”

*

Jack stared at her for a long time before finally answering, “Be my guest. But you’re on your own. Expect me not to be around very much. As a matter of fact make that not at all.” He said calmly.

Marissa’s eyes widened, “What do you mean?”

Jack sighed softly, “I feel like I’m living a life I didn’t agree to.” He gently grabbed both sides of her face and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and then walked back out of the door. Marissa sinked back into her chair, choking back sobs. She cried until no more tears would come. Her head suddenly snapped up off the table when she remembered Aaron and Jessica. She flew into the living room, praying they didn’t hear the conversation. Jessica was the only one there, sound asleep.

“Jessica wake up.” She whispered shaking her. Jessica jerked upright startled.

“Aunt Mar, what is it??”

“Where’s Aaron?” Marissa panicked.

“Um….” Jessica looked down and realized the blanket that she used to cover Aaron up with, was now covering her and that Aaron wasn’t there. Jessica blinked but stayed silent. Marissa turned and ran up the stairs and flew Aarons door open. She stopped short when she found Aaron laying on top of his blanket, fully clothed, his eyes closed. She fell against the door and held on tightly. Fresh new tears stung her eyes. After awhile of staring upon him she finally walked out of the room, unaware Aarons eyes opened as soon as the door closed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9 - The Boy Who Silently Screamed Help Me by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Yay! Another update! A small update. This chap is very short sorry about that. I don't know why but this chapter was very hard to write I think it was because I had some writers block lol I kinda just threw some stuff in. Tell me what you all think of it. Was it too rushed? confusing? Scattered? I would like to know. Tips are helpful. Happy Reading!

I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t move. I stared up at the ashy black sky, wondering how all this could happen. I always saw myself, hopefully, dying an old man, not a twenty year old young adult on a plane. This is not the way I pictured it. Everybody says that God has a plan for everyone. I believe that. But I didn’t understand his plan for me now. Why did I have to die like this? What did I ever do wrong? I had just let Christy slip out of my hands and she was gone. How could I do that? I promised I wouldn’t let her go! I prayed and prayed that this would end. That this crash would kill me. If I survived this, I would never forgive myself for what I just did.

Suddenly a cold clammy hand grabbed my arm. I gasped loudly, but the suddenly movement made me cry out in pain. I closed my tightly and gritted my teeth together, trying to block the pain away and so I couldn’t look at who grabbed me. I slowly opened my eyes and forced myself to look at the person who had a death grip on me. It was a boy about my age, maybe a little younger. His face was pure white, probably the same color mine was at the moment. His eyes screamed ‘help me’. I just stared at him with wide eyes. If I couldn’t save Christy, how could I save him? I couldn’t. The most hardest decision I could make was to close my eyes and look away….…..And I did.

Jerking awake, I shot up in bed struggling to catch my breath. My breathing started to cease when I realized it was only another dream. The dream that wouldn’t go away. The dream that was haunting me and probably would for the rest of my life. The dream that won’t stop making me so damn guilty. Looking over at the clock I noticed it was six thirty in the morning. It was around the time Marissa usually got up to go to the hospital. But then I remembered that she wasn’t going back to the hospital, because she is looking after me. Which is confusing me, because I don’t need to be looked after. I need to get out. Pulling back the covers, I slid my legs out of bed and stood up. My legs felt rubbery with each step I took toward the bathroom. Finally I reached the door and slowly pushed it open. I collapsed on the side of the tub, letting my face fall into my hands. I felt so light, yet I felt so heavy at the same time. Turning around slowly I turned on the shower. I slid my shirt and my boxers off and slid in. Once the water hit my body I lost it. My tears came hard and fast. I slipped down the side of the shower pulling my legs in tight, making myself as small as possible.

Chapter 10 - Nothing Is Your Fault by Babyg
Author's Notes:
holy wow! I'm so sorry I am so late getting up another chapter! My computer went compooty on me! Finally an update! Hope you guys like it!!!!!

 

It must have been around eight in the morning when I finally pulled myself out of the bathroom. I guess it must have been Marissas wonderful smelling breakfast that lured me out. Then again I just realized that I'm starving. I took the steps one at a time as I headed toward the dining room. Finally I got to the landing. I saw something in the corner of my eye that stopped me dead in my tracks. I turned my head toward the living room. I forced myself off the landing and walked into the living room. I headed straight for the shelf that held pictures of Marissas family. My focus landed on one particular picture. With shaky hands I picked up the picture and held it up. It was a picture of this teenage boy, probably around me age. It looked like it may have been his senior picture. The picture of this boy that I stared upon looked way too familiar. Then it dawned on me. My mouth suddenly became dry. I couldn't even swallow right. A pair of hands pulled the picture gently out of my hands. I then started to tremble, taking a small step backward. My head felt heavy as I forced it up and looked at the person beside me. Marissa stood there, with a look of worry and confusion on her face.

"Are you okay?" I couldn't answer her. I small muffle escaped my mouth. Tears stung in my eyes.

"I...um...." Finally I swallowed. Holy hell that hurt, "Who....who is that? In that picture?" I finally managed to say. Marissa looked down at the picture and slowly ran her fingertips over the surface.

"This is my son Jerry. He...he died last year in that plane crash..." I flinched when she said 'plane crash'. The crash. Right....the one that was suppose to kill me. My hand flew up to my mouth. I then raced passed Marissa and shot upstairs. I could hear her yelling after me, but I didn't care. I burst through my bedroom door and locked it behind me. With the tears streaming down my face I slid down the wall and onto the floor, trying my best to drown out Marissa's and Jessica's frantic pounding on the door. I growled in anger as they managed to get the door open. Jessica must have picked the lock. Damn her. I tried my best to crawl away, but it was no use. I was trapped. They rushed over to me. I let Marissa take me into her arms.

"Aaron baby...tell me what's on your mind." I squeezed my eyes shut adn stayed quiet. I licked my lips and pulled myself out of her arms. I leaned back against the wall. Just then the front door opened from downstairs. Marissa looked at Jessica and then back at Aaron. She stood up and placed her hand on Jessica's shoulder.

"Talk to him." She whispered. Jessica noded and watched her Aunt leave the room. When she was out of the door, Jessica looked back at me. She smiled and reached forward, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly. I sighed and hugged her back. The tears then came back and there was no stopping them.

****

Marissa hurried down the stairs. She rushed into the kitchen, were Jack was standing. He stood up against the sink, his head down. Marissa crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Hi." She said. Jack slowly looked up at her. He gave her a weak smile.

 "Hey." He said back. Marissa took notice of his dirty attire.

"Where were you?"

Jack sighed, "The cemetery."

"Why?"

"Visiting Jerry. Thinking about the day he was born. He grew up way too fast, it makes you think that he was born yesterday, but gone tomorrow. Nobody knows. Death is a mysterious thing. How can anybody ever know or understand why they have to die. I don't understand why God wanted him so damn bad, he didn't even get to live his dreams. I just don't understand."

Marissa took a deep breath, "Does anybody?"

"Marissa, how's Aaron?" Jack asked all of a sudden. Marissa's hands fell to her sides, taken aback.

"Um...not so good. He saw a picture of Jerry and freaked out." She told him. Jack finally looked at her.

"Why?"

Marissa shrugged, "I don't know. Jessica and I is trying to talk to him. Jessica is up there right now.

"No, let me talk to him."

Marissa's eyes widened, "Are you kidding me?" Jack turned and walked to her.

"I said let me talk to him." He said calmly. Marissa was shocked. She thought he would be beat red in the face and angry. But instead he was calm. She finally nodded. Jack then ran up the stairs. He opened the door to Aaron's room and saw Aaron resting comfortably in Jessica's arms. As soon as Aaron saw him in the door, he pulled out of Jessica's embrace and scooted behind her.

"Jessica..." Jack motioned her out of the room with a nod of his head. Jessica obeyed and began to stand up, until Aaron grabbed her arm. She looked down and saw him giving her a pleadind look.

"Don't leave me, Jessica." He pleaded.

"He needs to talk to you, sweetie."

"I don't want to talk to him. Please don't go." Jessica smiled sweetly and kissed his forehead, then gently rested her head against his.

"It'll be okay, I promise. If you need me, I'll be right outside the door. Okay?" I nodded weakly. When she left the room and I was forced to face Jack. I saw him sit on the bed and patted his hand on the spot next to him.

"Aaron. Come here." I shook my head almost immediately. Jack nodded, "Ok, I'll come to you." Jack said, getting off the bed and sitting down in front of me.

"Look, you may think I hate you...."

 "You do."

"No. No I don't. I never have."

"Then what's your problem with me? What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything. It's just me. I guess you found out who my son was, huh? And that he died in that crash?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"Aaron I uh...when I first heard about what happened, I tried to pretend it wasn't true. I waited all night for Jerry to come home. But when I got the call that he was one of them that died I thought my whole world had stopped. Then when I found out there was a survivor and that survivor was you, I thought why? Why you and not my boy? It confused me. I didn't understand. That's why I got so angry when Marissa wanted to try to take care of you. I know now why she does. I thought she was replacing Jerry. My only son with a complete stranger. I know being a doctor has it's calling. You are Marissa's, Aaron. I want you to prove to her that you'll be okay. Prov to me that you'll be okay. To Jessica, to your family and friends, or FANS. I just want to apologize if you ever had the impression taht I hated you for that. I don't make the rules. God didn't want you. But he wanted Jerry and everybody else. God rest....Christy. I will never understand that but being the faithful Christian I am...I believe it."

"Um....I just want to let you know that I saw Jerry before he died. He grabbed my hand after I...lost...Christy. I looked at him like he was nothing. I didn't know who he was until today. Knowing the fact that you and Marissa lost someone you love and now your taking care of me. And me knowing the fact taht I just so happen to not attempt trying to save Jerry. Just like Marissa said to me. I was brave and strong enough to try and save Christy. But I just looked away from Jerry and didn't look back at him. I'm....i'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Hey, please don't be sorry. There wasn't even anything you could do."

I shook my head, "The way he looked at me. His eyes pleaded for me to help him. But I just looked away. I just looked away."

Jack took a shaky breath, "Listen to me, you're never going to get better blaming yourself al the time. You were probably not the only one on that plane who didn't have the thought running through their minds that they had to try to help someone else too."

"It doesn't matter now. Their dead. And i'm not."

"You wish you were dead?"

"Every damn day when I realized that I survived! When I shouldn't have!"

"What do you think Christy would think?"

I glared at him, "What?"

"Christy wouldn't want you to do this Aaron. To think like this. She would want you to be happy." I couldn't bare to hear anymore. I covered my ears to drown him out, but he just grabbed my hands and held them them tight, so I was forced to listen, "You should think of what Christy wants." I let out a sob as he let go of my hands. He stood up and walked out of the room. I crawled onto the bed and curled up into a ball. Closing my eyes, I let the world of darkness take me once again.

Chapter 11 - It Comes In My Nightmares...It Comes in Real Life by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Yaaaay!!!! I'm finally back at updating!!!! I am determined to get more updates up this time!!! Hope everyone enjoys and please please comment. I wanna know what everyone thinks!!!

Chapter 12 FATAL REALITY

 

Aaron’s POV

 Later that night, I woke up feeling distraught. I hate having this feeling every time I wake up. I almost forgot what it felt like to feel happy or excited. But for right now since my faith is shot down, I may never feel happy again. Unless a miracle happens. I wish that deep down that Marissa is that miracle. I know she means well and I know her purpose. I know God too. I know that he works in mysterious ways. I feel myself slipping away from him lately though, because right now my prayers aren’t being answered. Maybe I’m not giving it time. Or maybe I wasn’t meant to be saved. Maybe there is no room left up there for someone like me. I craned my neck up to catch a glimpse at the time. It was only twelve thirty. I groaned out loud and rubbed my eyes. My throat felt dry. I thought maybe a glass of ice cold water may calm me down. I just laid there for a few seconds, forgetting how to use my own legs. I’ve been in that hell hole called a hospital for a almost a whole year. I was always in bed or in a wheel chair. But now, come to think of it, I don’t think I walked once. This is going to take some time to get used to.

Finally, I slid one leg out of bed, propping myself up with my right arm. I sat on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, staring into the darkness, before I got up. My legs felt rubbery and they shook with every step I took. I let my fingers brush against the cold brass door knob before slowly opening it. Looking each way down the hall, I crept down stairs, toward the kitchen. Stepping into the kitchen I turned on the light, while I covered my eyes with my free hand to shield the bright light. Adjusting my eyes to the brightness I picked up a glass and filled it up with cold water. I put the glass up to my lips, drinking it down slowly. When I finished, I placed the glass in the sink and leaned against the counter, taking a much needed deep breath. I couldn’t stop the thoughts from swimming all around in my head. I wanted to stop thinking for once about everything. I wish the nightmares will go away. This thought made me start trembling again. I took several deep breaths to try to calm myself…..

The slightest movement caught my attention at the corner of my eye. I could feel my fingers start to burn, from the death grip that I had on the counter. My muscles ached and I finally forced myself to let go and turn toward the back door. The relief of that cold water helped, but now I feel like I need another one. I took a step forward, then another. It felt like it took forever to get to the door, which in reality it was only five to six steps to reach it. I curled my fingers around the light switch to the light outside. I pushed it up and light spread across the porch. My eyes traveled across the back yard and as far as my own vision can see. When I looked over, there was something here. Although, I couldn’t tell first hand what it was, but something was there. Just standing outside, as if ‘it’ were watching me. I leaned against the door frame, thinking that I had to stop doing this. I was tripping, I know I was. There was nothing there. Only my imagination. I turned off the porch light and locked the door back. I grabbed myself another glass of water, turned off the kitchen light and quickly but quietly headed back upstairs. I opened up the door and set the glass of water on my night stand. I pulled back the covers to my bed, getting ready to climb back in when something else caught my eye. This time there is no way I could have imagined something like that. What I saw was an bright orange glow coming from the balcony doors but that wasn’t what held me frozen in fear. It was the flames. The hot flames licked at the doors like it was trying to push them open. For some reason I unfroze from my spot and walked over to the doors. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to reason with myself. I tried to tell myself that I was just having another nightmare, but I knew it was real. It felt real. I opened my eyes and suddenly felt my heart leap out of my chest and a scream get wedged in my throat. The flames were still there, growling and leaping up high into the air. A black figure with a perfect shape up a human stood standing right in the middle of it. Staring through the glass, and inside of me. I moved closer, my eyes never leaving the stranger. Its eyes portrayed a orange glow. The figure lifted up its hand and motioned me with a single move. It had me paralyzed and I did what it wanted me to do. I came closer. I had no control over it. I let myself grab a hold of the knob and quickly turn it without hesitation. I pushed open the door, expecting the flames to come shooting up at me, destroying me once and for all. But all I was left with was silence and nothing but darkness. I had no thoughts. Every breath I took rocked my body like I was having a seizure. That couldn’t have been real. Maybe I am having a nightmare. I started to feel a little relief when I cool breeze hit me in the face. I took a breath and stepped completely outside. That cool breeze didn’t last long when I heard a low groan coming from the railing. I licked my lips and stepped over. I wrapped my hands around the rail and peered over. Suddenly a hot charred arm swung over the railing and grabbed me. A scream caught in my throat as it hoisted itself up over the railing and moved in closer to my ear. I felt my body completely shut down in fear as it came closer and closer. I could smell the burning flesh and the hot flames from hell itself. It’s mouth was right there at my ear. Its breathing was ragged and slurred. It then started to whisper words in my ear.

“You……broke…..your…..promise.” I felt myself start to panic after hearing those words and tried to pull back. Suddenly the intruder grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back itself, so it can look at me face to face. But it wasn’t the same figure this time. The person was the one I truly loved. The one reason why I shouldn’t be alive. Hot tears immediately escaped my eyes.

It was Christy.

“Chris……I’m so sorry.” I sobbed, reaching for her. Her eyes were blank and she just looked right through me. I tried to touch her but when I got close I got burned, almost literally. Suddenly she let out a blood curling scream and caught on fire. I finally screamed, even though I thought my voice had stopped working. I screamed, kicking my feet up in the air, sending my blankets off me. I didn’t stop screaming until I hit the floor. Frantically I pulled my knees up to my chest. Crying, I rocked myself back and forth, not daring to look up.

Chapter 12 - Strong Enough to Handle...Strong Enough to love by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Enjoy! :D

R/R

Chapter 12 --- Strong Enought to Handle....Strong Enough to Love

 

 

Meanwhile, Jessica lay silent in her bed, starring up at her plain white ceiling. Once again, she couldn’t sleep. Since Aaron came, her mind couldn’t rest. Her thoughts kept her up all night. Her nerves didn’t help much either. She was scared to know what Aaron was capable of. She was scared that he may try to hurt himself, but most of all…she was scared she would be powerless. She was in no position to wimp out now. No matter what, she vowed to herself she wouldn’t fail him or herself. Her Aunt Marissa asked for her help personally, and she was going to come through no matter what.

Jessica turned on her side, placing her hand underneath her head, sighing heavily. Her eyes felt so heavy she was sure this was it. She was finally going to sleep. Her eyes weren’t even closed for a minute when they reopened again. With her free hand she rubbed her burning eyes and quietly punched her pillow, afterwards. She shifted back to her back, kicking the blankets off of her.

It was silent that night. Usually, Jessica would have to deal with those annoying crickets chirping all night. But tonight, those annoying crickets didn’t chirp once. Jessica savored these kind of nights, knowing it may be different tomorrow night. Maybe she can finally fall asleep. All she had to do was clear her head and relax her body.

Jessica couldn’t be more wrong about anything. That silence didn’t last.

A shrill scream pierced through the air. Immediately, Jessica shot up in bed and sprinted out of her room, her heart wedged in her throat. The scream came again, followed by loud sobbing. Jessica thought about going to get Marissa, but she needed to get to Aaron and make sure he was okay. When she got to the door, her hands fumbled with the door knob. Finally she pushed it open and saw Aaron on the floor, his knees up to his chest, sobbing.

 “Aaron, what’s wrong?!” She said kneeling down in front of him and placing both of her hands firmly on his shoulders. As she did, Aaron went ballistic. Jessica’s heart skipped a beat and she quickly let go of him when he started screaming again. He jerked away from her, desperate it seemed to stay as far away from her as he could. Jessica was dumbfounded. She sucked in a short breath and shifted closer to him, holding out her hands carefully.

 “Aar, it’s me Jessica. It’s okay.” She said as gracefully as she could. When she crawled all the way back over him, she took him in her arms.

 “No! Leave me alone!” He cried out pushing her away, roughly. Jessica didn’t back away that time. She immediately jumped back on him and tried to calm him down. No matter how much he fought her, she didn’t let him go. Jessica tried soothing him the best she could, but he didn’t seem to understand who she was nor what was even happening. All Jessica knew is that something bad had happened and she desperately needed to know what that was. Suddenly Aaron broke free from her grip and his fist quickly connected to the back of her head. Jessica cried out in pain, falling off to the side.

 “Dammit!” She growled, holding the side of her head and wincing in pain. She stumbled after Aaron after she saw him heading toward the door. She pranced on him, throwing him to the ground, showing no mercy.

 “Aunt Mar!!!” She called to Marissa as loud as she could. She needed help and she needed help now, “Uncle Jack!!! Somebody help me in here!!!” Just as she felt her grip giving away from how much Aaron was fighting her, Marissa and Jack rushed into the room. Jessica quickly got out of the way as Jack took her place on top of him.

 “Aaron, please stop!! It’s only us! Stop Fighting!” Jack yelled, grabbing both of Aarons arms and pinning them to the floor. Jacks yelling only made Aaron freak out even more. He screamed even louder than before. Jessica choked back a sob and was forced to cover her ears.

“Aaron, baby please….it’s me…Marissa. Will you please look at me? Please baby.” Marissa ran her hand over his face, tears springing up in her eyes. Then, she quickly looked up at Jessica.

“What happened? Why is he acting like this?” She asked.

 “I don’t know!” Jessica cried sinking down onto the carpet.

 “Marissa, switch me!” Jack said suddenly and quickly got off of Aaron. Marissa took his place and tried to hold Aaron down the best she could.

 “Where are you going?”

 “I’m ending this. Give me a few minutes.” Jessica jumped to Marissa’s side and helped her hold a still-frantic Aaron until Jack came back. A few minutes later, Jack came rushing back in, a needle in hand. Jack kneeled down and latched his hand around Aarons arm.

“Jack, what the hell are you doing?!” Marissa shrieked, eyes wide. Jessica kept her mouth shut and continued to hold Aarons hand.

“Dammit, Mar! What the hell do you want me to do, huh? We can’t control him and this is the only way he’ll stay quiet! It’s only enough to knock him out for a few hours.” Jack said, slowly pushing the needle under Aarons skin and releasing the power to sedate him. Aaron closed his eyes and became quiet and limp as soon as the medicine kicked in. Jack picked him up and gently placed him on the bed, covering him up. Jessica climbed onto the bed and softly ran her fingers over his face, pushing his silky blond hair back out of his eyes with her other hand.

 Jack grabbed Marissa by the arm and pulled her out into the hall way. Once alone, he turned toward his wife, his arms crossed tightly in front of his chest. He gazed at her with a sour cold expression. Marissa nervously picked at her nails, afraid of even opening up her mouth. Jack groaned loudly, running his hand over his face.

 “You know what, baby. This has got to stop.” He said sternly.

 “What?” Marissa said her voice low.

“This. Aaron. I can’t keep sedating him every time he starts flipping out. You told me you would help him.”

 “I am!” She quickly said standing her ground. Jack raised his eyebrows and snorted.

“You are? You could have fooled me. Does he look like he is getting better to you? Was that episode he just pulled just an illusion in your mind that he is getting better?”

Marissa felt the anger start to creep up. “You’re not giving it a chance. Aaron has his good days and he has his bad days. We are here to help him through the hell he is going through and find out why he has these episodes…..” Marissa trailed off when Jack slowly put a finger up to hush her.

 “We?? Marissa, I didn’t even want him here in the first place.”

 “I never asked you to help me.” She said flatly, “No, we as in, me and Jessica. I don’t give a shit what you want to do.”

Jack nodded, “Okay. But hear me on this; I don’t hate him. Even though you’re standing there thinking that I do, but I don’t. I want him to get better too but baby, you’re no therapist. You’re just a nurse."

“That doesn’t matter. He needs love and support and someone to be there for him. Someone who can guide him in the right direction and make him understand that there is more to life than this. Someone to help his heart heal”

Jack crossed his arms and stepped closer to her, “Mar, it’s called family. You’re not his damn mother. That is one thing I do not understand. Did you ever think maybe his family wants him home? That maybe they would want to help him? Have you even talked to any of them, lately?”

 “The only ones I have spoken to was Angel and at times Nick.”

“What about his parents?”

 “The last time I talked to Bob was when Aaron was emitted.”

 “And do you really think you had the right to take Aaron out of that hospital without Bobs consent or him even knowing about it?”

Marissa leaned up against the wall. “Jack, it’s much more complicated than that. I had every right. You don’t understand….”

 “Then give me a little hint!”

 “Jack…please…” Marissa sobbed, letting her face fall into her hands.

 “Give me something to work with, Mar! If you can’t do this one little thing for me, you had no right! No…right!”

 “They gave up on him, okay!” She yelled, crying harder.

 “Who?” Jack said calmly.

“Bob and Ginger! So did Leslie and BJ. Jane doesn’t give a rats ass anymore, so she doesn’t matter. Leslie and BJ stopped coming to the hospital when they were sure that Aaron had lost it. The only ones who has not given up are Angel and Nick. You know why they gave up?” Jack shook his head, “Because they couldn’t handle it. They wouldn’t handle it.” She continued. “Their cowards. And it took someone brave enough to step up to the plate. Someone that has the courage and the strength to handle whatever is thrown at them. It has to take someone strong enough to handle the outcome. Someone strong enough to go through hell and back with him no matter what. And someone strong enough………to just love him. “ Marissa wiped her wet cheeks with the sleeve of her night gown.

“What took you so long to tell me this?” Jack asked, his voice low and gentle.

“I didn’t want to bother you with other peoples crap. You would have gave me the ‘I don’t care’ attitude. ‘Its not my problem’ attitude.” Jack pressed his lips together. He reached his hand forward, tangling it in her hair. He leaned forward and gave her a long tender kiss on the head. He pulled back and gazed right into her glassy eyes.

 “What makes you think I’m that low?”

Marissa shrugged, “You could have fooled me.”

 “I would have to admit….I would’ve said something like that before. But honey, let me give you a little piece of information--I’m not some cold hearted bastard.” Marissa lowered her eyes to the ground, keeping quiet. She rocked back and forth on her heals, gently touching Jack’s chest with her hand. She felt him grab her hand and push it away. When she looked up, Jack was already walking down the hall, heading back to the bedroom.

 Marissa felt light headed from all the crying that she was doing. She wiped the remaining tears away and retreated back into Aaron’s room. She entered, seeing that Jessica had fallen asleep on the bed beside Aaron, her arm wrapped tightly around him. Marissa thought Jessica had a warm idea so she walked over the bed and climbed in on the other side, pulling her body close to Aaron’s and falling asleep.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8861